Speaker 1: I don't want to be an American idiot.
Speaker 2: I come to you this morning with a heavy heart. As you understand, I am not Scott's Loan. I will never be Scott's loan. I would never pretend to be Scott's loane. But I am here this morning. I didn't expect to be here this morning. On an errand of mercy. Scott's Loan is not dead. He will live in the hearts and minds of all of those who love him. We'll leave you back. I can't predict the future, but just in case, I want to tell you a little bit about Scott Sloan. Just a working class kid from Buffalo, New York who had a dream, a dream of some day shoveling out of that Lake Effect nightmare and rooting for an NFL team that got to four Super Bowls and lost them all. He had to get away. His parents both worked twelve hour shifts at the salt piles for the Buffalo, New York Department of Transportation. It's job security in Buffalo, and he and his siblings worked after school jobs to help the family make ends meet, dipping hot beef into wack and perfecting ranch and blue cheese. Dressing for the dipping of celery and carrots. He eventually made his way to a lesser metropolis, if it's possible to have a lesser metropolis in Buffalo, New York, called Toledo, Ohio. In Toledo he would flourish, becoming the main talk show host at thirteen sixty WSPD. He became a local radio legend there. He was the toast of the town and was once featured on the kiss I Am at a mud Hen's home game, actually smooching with a mud Hen. Yes, he was the main rooster, the cock of the walk, the talk of the town until they're one unfortunate mistake comment he made about a balcony in a shooter. Al Sharpton has never forgiven him. But the WISEN programmers saw something else in Scott Sloane that other people had not to that point, and he came to seven hundred WLW. It's uh ironic that I am honoring him now on these sacred airwaves today, the way he honored Bill Cunningham last week, and the way Bill Cunningham used to honor the Trucking Bozo fifteen years before the Trucking Bozo died Scott's loan is not dead. He will live on. As I mentioned in all of our hearts, a good show for you on a shoestrig today and we will get it started with a friend named Rob Rosselli here in just a few minutes. Also Nathan Burning from an organization called Let Them Live Alternatives to Abortion in America. In twenty twenty five. We also have Leishai Lamish from shan Yune, Savannah Maddox from the sixty first District in the state of Kentucky. The legislative session there in the Commonwealth currently going on. She's busy in committees and drafting bills and taking time in between to talk to us. Also, as you know, on the federal on the national level, they are going to vote today in the House to see if they can pass their Continuing Resolution, in other words, continuing to kick the can down the road. They say it's a clean bill. Will it pass is the question. And there's much more head Matt Morning will join us this morning about ten thirty five. Matt Monning is a guy several years ago, a former Cincinnati cop, long long time ago, and is a collector and just an amazing collection that Matt has assembled over the time that he has been doing this, and just will listen to some of the things that Matt has and some tips for you who like to collect and resell or whatever it is you do with that kind of stuff. It's the Scottslan Show without Scott's Loan. And that's why I have a heavy heart today. It could be the thickening of the left wall from the minor heart disease I'm suffering from, but a heavy heart nonetheless. Rob Rosselli coming up next. He says America needs God. We'll find out why in just a moment on seven hundred WLW. Our first guest on this Tuesday morning, March eleventh, is as a man who believes that what America needs right now is not a continuing resolution passed today in the House of Representatives, not those not to get in or get out of Ukraine or any of the other countless wars that are springing up all over the globe right now. But America needs God to find out who he is why, he says this, and a great peace that just came out yesterday by him. Rob Rosselli joins The Scott Sloane Show Gary Jeffen for Sloani Rob, good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you, hey, Gary, I'm doing good and thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's a pleasure to have you on. Just for those of us who believe I'm fully standing with you. Yes, America needs God. We need to return to the moral roots that help found this nation a Judeo Christian nation. And this piece that you wrote is just just wonderful talking about how America and man could not live on debt alone. And we're in a whole lot of trouble financially, aren't we. Rob.
Speaker 1: That's exactly correct. And if you don't mind, I'll take a minute to step back and look at the panoramic here and give up my website. The website Box of sunglasses dot com. It's all one word, and the most important thing people can get out of this is if nothing else is God simple salvation plan. And if they like what they hear, they can support me through buying my books available on the website. I do this, This is my own doing. I don't have any support. I don't do any YouTube ads or any any pop up ads or anything like that. So again, Box of Sunglasses dot com, God Simple Salvation Plan, and I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 2: Well, you you work in you work in construction or something, don't you rob full time?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well I'm a civil engineer. I'm a freshial engineer, and I do construction inspection in New York City for a living right now, So you know I have an engineering background, of logical mathematical background. I'm not saying that's the brightest guy in the world. That's just the way I think. So when we look at something like the Federal Reserve system, I look at it logically and mathematically.
Speaker 2: You say that Donald Trump, well, it was a good thing that Donald Trump got into office. So far he and his administration haven't really addressed the problem properly.
Speaker 1: Well, you know again, look at the view for ten thousand feet. You know, the Federal Reserve is one aspect of the co conspiracy. And when I say conspiracy, I mean Jesus is at the core. The Bible is the core the conspiracy, and I mean the Jesus of the at of it discourse and the one that's through the money to out of the temple. Not this interfaith you know your best life now, nonsense to hear from people like Joel Oldstein and Rick Warren and the other fools. So I mean to get to your question specifically about Donald Trump, I mean Proverbs twenty two to seven. I'm in the debtorous slave to the lender until Donald Trump directly addresses the quote federal quote reserve system, which is not federal, has no reserve. It's a private, criminal banking cartel which creates money out of nothing, loans to the government and banks at interests. Yes, it's that bad until Donald Trump goes in and directly confronts the cartel of the federal reserve, and everything he's doing amounts to nonsense. I'm not saying it's bad, but I'm just saying on from a mathematical basis, the debt can never be paid off with what he's doing. All he's doing is slowing down the rate of increase. Okay, we go into debt to the tune of one trillion with a t dollars every one hundred days, uh in this country. And that's still going on. H And that's ten billion dollars a day every day. So when you know when Fox News when they get on there and you know jump for joy that you know you cut one hundred million here or twenty millionaire or even a billion with a bee here and there. Uh, it's factions of a percent of what our actual debt is.
Speaker 2: Well, the actual debt is. The actual debt is not thirty six trillion or approaching thirty seven trillion any day now. It is actually more to the point one hundred to two hundred trillion dollars with the unfunded mandates of Medicare, Medicaid, so security.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yeah, that's correct. I mean, depending on what source you listen to. And you know, again you're not gonna hear this on Fox News. But the unfunded liabilities I've heard, you know, somewhere ring between one hundred trillions with a T to twohndred trillion with a team. That's that includes things that you just mentioned, which is another reason Donald Trump can compolitically never get rid of the federal reserve system. But it's just politically untenable. You know, people are going nuts right now because thirty or fifty thousand government workers, you know, useless government workers have been cut from the payrolls. I mean, just wait until he tried to get rid of Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid and things where tens of millions of people have become dependent on the federal government. It's just it's just not practical. It's just never going to happen. I mean, so, you know, the more I think about it logically and look at things categorically, Donald Trump might be full of it, him and Elon Musk, I mean that, you know, it tells me that they have ulterior motives and people maga. People may not want to hear that. And you know, again I'll say, you know, of course I support you know, cutting weights and going after fraud and this sort of thing. But again, he's not getting to the core of the issue, which is the federal reserve system itself.
Speaker 2: You say America needs God, and I believe that as well, but explain if you can.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, again I mentioned a few minutes ago. I mean that in the Bible and Jesus are at the core of the quot conspiracy. And and you can't vote, you can't be a believer and not understand that. I mean, this nation was founded on Christian principles. I mean, the whole idea of separation of powers, you know, was based on the inherent evil, the evil heart Jeremiah seventeen of Man. So you know where a nation where we have to vote whether a baby born alive eccellent abortion should be allowed to live. I mean, that's the level of moral of the kay that we have sunk into. So to believe that we can just put you know, this solve all our problems economically with someone like Donald Trump of Elon Mosss just cutting waste and all this, it's just not it doesn't it doesn't add up, you know, no pun intended, it's just it just can't happen. I mean, morally, we're decayed. I mean and just just look for example, look at the look at the radical left. I mean, look what they're doing. They're already we're just seeing the the tip of the icebread with the violence against you know, the tessela dealerships and the threat the threats on Elon Muskin. Of course we're on o' donald Trump's life. I mean, these people, Uh, these people are shot. There's there's millions of them. Uh, and this whole thing is getting ready to explode because people just don't understand. They become wards of the state to a large extent. Uh. And those that aren't wars of the state are supported by these radical left communists. So where this is a powder kid getting ready to explode. And the more Trump and Elon mess with it, the shorter that fuse is getting in.
Speaker 2: This in this piece, in this piece that you released, by the way, where you can where can you find this piece? Man cannot live on dead alone? Is that at a box of sunglasses dot com?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well legs dot com has all home myle information on I mean that specific. You know what I just wrote. I just wrote that over the weekend. That basically comes through my publicist. It's not actually posted on my website, although I can post it, and I probably shouldn't that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should get busy doing that. Uh, but you you make the analogy at the top of this. In Stephen King's Needful Things, a character by the name of Leland Gaunt enters a small New England town and sets up his shop. He hands out all kinds of free gifts, but at a price. Whoever takes the free gifts is beholden to him, and that the gift he coerced into having someone else in the town or hating someone else in the town, and set out to harm them in multiple ways by this new mysterious benefactor. So, in other words, you take the freebies from somebody else's pocket, basically because the government doesn't have money of its own, it gets it from the rest of us. But then you're beholden to the government for that that freebie. Whatever that might be correct.
Speaker 1: That's exactly correct. And what the federal reserve system is again, it was created by Lucifarians and Satanists. I mean that literally, you can look at the all seeing eye and top of your Federal reserve note on the back of it. I don't enough time to get into that right now, but it's an evil to the core system.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And what it has done is has engendered this kind of interracial, uh, interclass hatred of people and and and it's it's made everybody dependent, in other words, everybody on welfare. Now, when you're going and cut welfare, they're going to say, well, you know it's this group, so and so, it's their fault. You know, it's the rich, it's this people, it's bad people. It's set everybody in the nation off against each other. Uh, you know, and again without job with it with the purely economic viewpoint, and that that's what we've done. We've we've jettisons and moral foundation that we've had. Hi've gone to a purely uh you know, the government is God, money is God Metaligan. That's where we are and people need to you know again, that movie Needful Things is analogous. It's an exact analogy to where we are. I mean, if Leland God represents Lucifer himself, uh and and and his shop represents the Federal Reserve syst And that's exactly what we've done to me. We've doled out money to people and made them dependent. So when somebody comes in and says, we can't keep doing this, we can't keep going into debt, we have to stop this, people just don't understand. Also they don't understand is that the rich did it. It's the rich man's fault, it's the white man's fault, whatever, who's ever fault it is?
Speaker 2: Right? Well, Rob, listen, this is a great this is a great discussion, but we got to end it because I'm running out of time here, Rob Roselli Box of Sunglasses dot com if you would like to find out more, and thank you, my friend. I appreciate your time. All right. Nathan Burning on the other side, since the Dobb's decision essentially overturned roby Wad abortions have actually increased in this country, Gary Jeffen Forsloni on seven hundred WLW. And I preface that because our next guest is part of a real, real different organization called Let Them Live. He and his wife Emily spearheaded this and we're going to talk to him right now. His name is Nathan Burning. Nathan, good morning. How are you.
Speaker 4: Great to be on? You know, it's exciting to talk about what we work on and you know how we can continue to help moms and cancel abortions, you know, even after Roe is overturned.
Speaker 2: So right, but as I mentioned at the top, there have been more abortions performed in this country, mostly through chemical abortions, than we're going on before the Dobbs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we call we call that the chemical coat hanger. And there's a reason for that because basically, now you can get abortion pills the black market. It's actually really easy to do it, and we've actually done it before just to see how easy it is to do it. It's it's unfortunate, but it's it's even easier now to get an abortion in a lot of ways. So so we have to provide an alternative to that. You know, right, you're touting your abortion solution pill, so kind of.
Speaker 2: Go through Yeah, go through that.
Speaker 4: Explain that, sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the so the concept is if somebody is considering abortion, then they need an alternative, they need something else, And what we offer them is financial support, which is rent, utilities, car payments, gas, groceries, whatever is they need, and emotional and spiritual support. So we'll connect them with counselors and mentors and people that are willing to just walk alongside them through their pregnant And we've found that when we're partnering with pregnancy health centers, we will effectively reduce abortions by ninety eight percent. So that means ninety eight percent of women that walk into a pregnancy health center that we work with will choose life. And that's the statistic that has never been seen before.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense, Yeah, it makes sense. What I'm wondering is because I've heard about this from other organizations that aren't yours, but also are focusing on the mother and the baby and stopping the abortions. There's a Compass Care organization run out of New York and has offices across the country who give women alternatives to aborting their baby, killing their baby in utero. But what I'm wondering to know as the abortion industry, because this is something people don't necessarily understand or regard it this way, But the abortion industry actually exists. It's like the military industrial complex. It's the abortion infancante in fanticide complex, I call it. And they strike out against against organizations like yours. Have you met resistance from those people directly with what you're doing with let them live?
Speaker 4: It's ironic that you would ask that, because we see less resistance than you would think. We see that a lot of the workers that work at abortion clinics they I mean, maybe the abortionist is so cold hearted that he's willing to perform an abortion no matter what, but a lot of the staff is not the same. And so staff has started to actually send us from Planned parenthood clinics women that don't actually want to have abortions and just feel forced into having them, becoming more and more common for us to receive those referrals from abortion staff, and even starting to work a little bit more directly with the abortion clinics when they when these women don't want abortions, and the reality is that that's ninety eight percent of the time if we were if we were always there. I mean, this is it's a sad and difficult reality to comprehend. But if they knew that there was an alternative that allowed them to keep their baby, then they would choose that ninety eight percent of the time.
Speaker 2: Really, and how did you discover this and and what what was the genesis of your organization? I know that you and your wife worked together and started this Let Them Live, but uh, what what was the fire starter for you? What what sparked the idea and what made you think you know what, if we can if we can get this organization together and get the funding and give this economic and spiritual relief to pregnant mothers, then they'll wind up keeping their baby. What started it all for you and Emily.
Speaker 4: Nathan, Well, I can tell you it definitely did not start out as a spiritual thing because I was not a Christian and I was actually pro choice when I first met Emily before we got married. And you know, it was just one of our late night discussions about abortion where I was explaining to her why I was not pro life. And one of the things that came up, is we don't have a good alternative to abortion. So I think I even said, you know, abortion is a terrible solution. It's a terrible solution, but at least there's a solution. And of course my mind has changed dramatically since that point. But I brought up some really important points that she confirmed, which is that there wasn't really a great alternative. I think at the time I would say, you know, we throw it, we throw diapers at the problem, or we say, you know, they should just do it option, but we're not really addressing the root cause of abortion. And so I wanted to test that out. And one time I asked, I asked a young woman, you know, why are you having this abortion? And she said, well, I got kicked out of my apartment. I'm living in my car, I lost custody at my children, and I just can't. I hardly want to live anymore, let alone have another child. And so I was like, well, what is it going to cost to get back into your apartment? And it was basically all the money we had in our bank account. So Emily and I decided we would help her and just see if it worked, and it did, so she canceled her abortion and she chose life. And of course after that happened, I still I would say I would have called myself pro life after I had that experience. But once I actually held the first baby that we saved from abortion, then everything changed for me. It's like the scales fell off of my eyes and there there was no going back. You know, once you're really pro life, your pro life forever, you know. Yeah, do you and Emily have children? No, we actually are not able to have children because of just some issues with fertility the Emily unfortunately has had to deal with. And but we have adopted embryos, frozen embryos that were We actually adopted fifteen frozen embryos that had been frozen for thirty years while they were actually older than Emily, and we actually we gave them all a chance because you know, that's what we believed in doing. But they would have been frozen forever or they would have been thought out and discarded if we hadn't adopted them. And so we participated in a it's called the Open Hearts program with Nightlight Christian Services, So it's a Christian embryo adoption agency and we adopt the snowflake babies is what they're called. And unfortunately all of them didn't make it. We gave them all a chance, but we did adopt ten more embryos to them and we're getting ready to transfer a few of those. Emily is going to have a few of those transferred here soon.
Speaker 2: So what well will you do in vitro fertilization with these embryos? How does that work?
Speaker 4: So it's technically not considered in video fertilization because that's the process of creating the embryos. Right Once the embryos are created, then there's there's a process of implantation, which you know, it's it's basically requires you know, the doctor inserting like some kind of a device to put the embryo into the womb. And I mean it's actually a pretty miraculous process. You're watching it on the screen and you can see the embryos like implanting into the womb. You can watch it happen in real time. So they're growing, they're not frozen anymore. They're growing and they're getting implanted. And Emily and I just believe that we want to give them all a chance at life, because otherwise they'll just be either frozen in for eternity or they'll die.
Speaker 2: Sure. Well, here's the issue that a lot of people have with IVF, Nathan, is that so many embryos are sacrificed for the few and people who are truly pro life believe that life begins at conception, and these are actually also babies, these embryos that do not make it through the IVF process. I mean, I don't know what the percentages are, but it's crazy how many are destroyed just to create one. So how do you feel about the whole process of IVF because that has been a major point of contention, and Donald Trump has talked about it, and these states have decided whether they're going to allow IVF or not whether to ban it because many people who are staunchly pro life believe that IVF is another form of infanticide essentially. I mean, where do you come down on that issue? I'm just curious, great question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, simply, and I believe life begins at conception, which is at the point that you know, the sperm and the egg combine into an embryo or into his ego, I guess is what they call it at that stage. And that's why we want to help and save these embryos that have already been created via IVF. With that said, we do not believe in IVF and we do not support IVF, and we routinely tell people not to do IVF because it's kind of annoying. It's kind of like when you're trying to help people to not have abortions. It's like they're creating a problem that otherwise wouldn't exist. So if IBF wasn't happening, then there wouldn't be a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what about contraception and the preventing of pregnancy through the natural act of insemination, sex, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean obviously we're we're against a bortifation contraception And I'm actually working on a project right now to create a new model for the national level for pregnancy health clinics that would actually that would compete directly with Planned Parenthood in the community, is that Planned Parenthood is in for every single one of their clients, and they would not offer a bortifation contraception, they would not offer gender transition services, and they would not offer abortion. And they could be Christian organizations and they can compete for the same federal funds the Planned Parenthood is currently receiving, and we're working on a model for that that we can expand all over the country. We're working with several other organizations to create that model. That's the way that we defeat Planned Parenthood and chop the head off of Goliath is we have to create an alternative. We have to address, like you were saying earlier, we have to address the market. We have to compete in this industry against Planned parenthood because we can't depend on the government to solve this problem for us.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, So brass tacks down to the wire here, Nathan Burning. How many women has your organization been able to help not get an abortion, let them live as the name of the organization. What's your count at so far? Do you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so far, we've helped a little over one thousand women choose life, and we've had a number of twins and triplet babies, so we actually I think it's more like one thy fifteen babies and about one thousand women. I think we just hit the thousand mark here a couple of days ago, so we just got to a thousd and we're very excited to just keep replicating this formula that is working well.
Speaker 2: I think it's a wonderful thing you're doing. And again, this is an alternative to killing babies. So babies being killed by women who feel like they've got nowhere else to turn, and you're giving them that option. How do people find out more? How do they maybe help contribute to what you're doing if you take donations? What's the deal there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we crowdfund for the moms that we help. So you go to let them Live dot org, which is let them Live dot org. L E T t h E M l I ve e dot org. Sorry, some people don't know that there's two t's, so I mentioned that on the website. We actually talk about each individual mom. We have her story and we have to anonymize it for her privacy and just in general because these moms are going through a terrifying experience. But you can read their stories, you can see what their needs are, and then you can.
Speaker 2: Give all right, fantastic. I can't tell you how much admiration I have hearing you tell the story and what you're doing, and you're obviously having some success. Every time there is a baby born. This is a blessing from God. I believe that, and you are helping mothers realize that blessing in their lives, and I just can't applaud you more. Let them live. Dot org is the organization. And this is the great thing about it too, Nathan, is it's individualized. Like you said, each individual mom is crowdfunded for you know what their story is. You may not know their name or their identity, but you know what their situation is, and you can make your decision based going forward on that. So I wish you a lot of success, continued success, all right.
Speaker 4: That's right, Gary. You know it's a one in quadrillion chance that each of us would exist. I did the calculation myself, and it's a real miracle every time that we save a life, and we're so grateful to be a part of that. So thank you for the support, and I hope to be on again soon.
Speaker 2: One in quadrillion possibility that we're here. How did you how did you figure that out? Just by the number of sperm and and yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's it's a it's a it's a formula, you know. I love to create formulas for everything. Uh, And so it would be it be a long conversation. We can definitely talk about this. I'd love to come back on and talk about it. But I never even thought about it.
Speaker 2: How rare it is that life occurs to begin with Uh, We're we're the fastest swimmers, We're the best and the brightest of the lot, and we make it there first. Crazy Nathan Burning from let Himlive dot Org. This morning on The Scott's Loan Show, Gary Jeffin for sloaning a breaking back. Hey hey, hey, Tuesday, Bill Day passed the CR and keep the government open. Sometimes I think it'd be good if the government closed for a little while. Connie and independence real quickly on the subject of IVF. I've got about a minute. Connie, what's your question or comment?
Speaker 5: Well, I just you know, I'm a Christian as well, and I'm against abortion. But to say that you're going to talk someone out of IVF, I think is a horrible idea. My husband and I had to go through IVF. I had a hysterectomy after my first child, and when I remarried, he had never been married or had children, so because of that, I was not able to carry.
Speaker 1: Luckily, we were blessed with.
Speaker 6: An angel, my sister in law who actually.
Speaker 5: Carried our embryo for us, and we were able to have two biological, beautiful baby girls. And if you can't say that that's an act of.
Speaker 1: God, I don't know you know what else is.
Speaker 2: So hey, listen, God bless you for that, Conny, And all I'm saying is the argument on the other side is that all of the embryos that are destroyed in the process of creating the embryos that survive is what people have a problem with.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I haint no, I completely understand that. And most of the time when that happens, you know, these are embryos that were created with genetic defects and when not last in the Negro anyway, Yeah, you know, when we did that, we had four embryos, three of them or two of them made it, we implanted one, and the one that is still existing, it's frozen and we're hoping to donate that eventually.
Speaker 2: So the point of the matter is you have been blessed by God with children absolute and otherwise without that process, that would not have happened. And I'm happy for you, Thank you for listening, thanks for calling in news time Now seven utter wlw.
Speaker 4: You want to be an American?
Speaker 2: It is no, no, no, no, it's the last thing you want to do. Do you see playing basketball in the Big twelve Tournament against Oklahoma State, a team that just beat the living daylights out of the Bearcats a few days ago, And well we'll see where that goes. All the action right here on seven utter wlw, right around twelve thirty the tip time for that and where you see goes from here is either home or onto the next round. We're not going to count or chalk up a Bearcats loss before it happens. Interesting to see what the Bengals have done in the early free agency in the NFL, including re signing p Rnd. I thought p Rynd played excellently for the Kansas City Chiefs in his spot roles and now we have him back. He was always good for picking up that extra yard. He could catch the ball out of the backfield successfully, little yards after catch. It's never a bad thing for Joe Burrow to have more weapons and more choices. So again, it's a work in progress. If they don't shore up the offensive line, and they re signed Cody Ford, but that offensive line is going to have to be bolstered for them.
Speaker 7: To uh.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's see here. Okay, we're going to do a little quick change here. We were going to have Savannah on with us at ten twenty, but she is ready now out of committee, working hard for the tax paying voters of the Commonwealth of Kentucky in the sixty first district From the Kentucky House, It's Savannah Maddics. Good morning, dear, how are you.
Speaker 6: Good morning. I'm doing very well. Happy to be on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've been in committee this morning. So explain to me and explain to the average dullard voter like me, what's what's it like when the legislature is in session, Because you guys aren't there for a long time. There are several weeks worth of sessions that you have. But explain what when you're when you're busy in committee, what what's a full day in Frankfort.
Speaker 6: Like Savannah, you are by no means a dullar.
Speaker 2: You're very involved.
Speaker 6: But that said, the thirty day session, in the sixty day session very significantly, and so much as during the thirty day we tend to not pass a lot of legislation in the very beginning.
Speaker 2: Well sometimes sometimes sometimes not passing a lot of legislation is a good thing.
Speaker 6: But anyway, absolutely, Hey, what what is this that I often hear that no man's pocketbook is safe when the Kentucky General Assembly is in session. But truly the thirty day it begins in January and it stretches out to the end of March, and there are thirty days within that. But the end of session is when things really start to move quickly into fly and you get these sneaky committee substitutes whereby a bill will deviate from its original version or get another bill added to it, and you really got to pay close attention because things move very quickly, and that's when the worst bills have a tendency to pass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just in that florry and people are ready to close the session and they're trying to get something across the line that maybe, with time and consideration, would never get passed. I get you. Is there a Kentucky doze in the works? I've heard talk of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So we've passed that legislation out of committee so far, and there's a Senate version as well. And in addition to Doze, we have a Range Act, which this is actually the second Rains Act that I've been able to vote on since I've been in office. But this version is intended to really kind of try to rein in hence the name, some of the administrative regulations that nebulous web of bureaucracy that we see over in the executive branch where these are many laws that are being passed without legislative approval. So we want to make sure that we rain that in because the people's branch of government, the legislature, that's where our lall should be made, not by unelected bureaucrats.
Speaker 2: All right, what else is going on? Is there? Somebody was telling me about this the other day, and I want to talk to you because you've been very vocal about bringing the legal age down for owning a firearm and having your Second Amendment rights as an American citizen to eighteen year olds is Kentucky. Do you think that that will happen eventually? And also did you know about this social media push that the Governor Andy Bashir has been on telling people it's never been a better time to get your CCW. Of course, in Kentucky, you do not need a concealed carry permit to have one, but the governor seems to be telling people that it's a perfect time to get your CCW even though it's not required. Have you heard about that.
Speaker 6: I have not heard about that, But I'm going to look into that because that is kind of surprising to me. But as far as lowering the constitutional carriage, that's something that I've been working on for a multitude of years now, and we've gotten more momentum behind the issue ever since the Fifth Circuit decision has kind of propelled that into the spotlight. In other words, in Kentucky or other states, you run into the situation where eventually there's going to be litigation and taxpayers would be on the hook for that. So we need to do what a multitude of state have already done and lower that aged eighteen because this is a constitutional right. You shouldn't have to be twenty one, of course, and I anticipate we're running out of time this session, but next session I am very hopeful that we will get some forward momentum on that.
Speaker 2: Well, you can be eighteen and vote, you can be eighteen and serve your country and die for your country. Do you think that all of the things that are legal for twenty one year old should be legal for an eighteen year old.
Speaker 6: Well, you just said it best. It's pretty amazing to me that you can go overseas and fight for your country and whenever you come home you are not able to carry concealed firearm or have a drink or light up a cigarette. But I would say the main distinction among our Second Amendment rights versus the other two things that you have to be twenty one to do is that our Second Amendment right, of course, is protected by the Constitution. But that said, I one hundred percent agree that that that's not logical that adults should mean adults, and we've gotten to a place in society where we tend to perpetually infantilize young adults further and further. But no, at eighteen is the age of majority, and we need to start acting like it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it all started really with Obamacare, when they told people in the legislation that your kid was a kid until he was twenty six.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember that Affordable Care Act.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember the Unaffordable Careless Act. Is I like to call it all right, Savannah? No big surprises though so far?
Speaker 6: Well, actually, I was pretty pleased today because there has been a bill floating around that relates to the confiscation and destruction of firearms in the event of criminal homicide and a few other circumstances, and managed to get that bill killed today. So that's one of the things that I tell folks is the way I just played a session, it's just as much about killing bad bills as it is passing good bills. So I consider that to be a victory in addition to a few other select victories this go around. And it's still early in terms of killing bad bills. There's a lot of work left to do on that front.
Speaker 2: Kill those bad bills and we'll get an update from you soon. All right, absolutely, Savannah Mattics from the sixty first District and the Commonwealth of Kentucky working hard for us on that side of the Ohio River. Gary jeff In for Sloane Lee Shi Lemish will join us next.
Speaker 8: Nothing.
Speaker 2: All righty, as we continue on this Tuesday morning on the Scott Slan Shaw, one real quick question for we need to get to our next guest, Jeff and Claremont County. You're telling me about the benefits of concealed carry. My point to Savannah was in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. You do not need a concealed carry license to conceal carry, was the point.
Speaker 3: That's true, Carrie, Yeah, and it's the same in the state of Ohio. But I've been a long time concealed carrier and I wasn't going to renew mine, but I was informed by local police who I know that if I do not have a concealed carry, legally, I cannot carry outside the state of Ohio. So because the state of Ohio has reciprocal agreements with other states, I would now be legal in those states because of my Ohio concealed carry. Now, I don't know if that would work for Kentucky, but I do know that that was the reason I renewed mine. I even verified by calling a couple other states that I be able to and I was told to guess, if you've got a valid Ohio concealed carry, you can legally carry in our state. But if you do not have one, you would have to get a permit for that state or you would be illegal.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean, if you go to Illinois state like that, you better you better darn well have your con seal carry because they will arrest you on the spot for just driving a car in that state unless you've got some kind of permit. But that's the difference between that's the difference between free states and criminal communist states.
Speaker 3: Jeff exactly. But that was the only reason I got mine, that I didn't want to get the handle with those states.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, there you go, good point, Thank you very much. Next is Lee Shai Lamis. She is a MC for Shen Yun. You may have seen the posters an that a month ago at the Air and Off. You may have seen the performance by Shen Yun. It's a beautiful celebration of like five thousand years of Chinese culture before communism, and the Communist Chinese Party is not happy with those performances even in America. And Lee Shai can tell you about the travails of having to deal with all kinds of sabotage and threats that they have based in our country from the Communist Chinese. Leshai, good morning, how are you. How's the tour going?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 7: The tour itself, the performances themselves are great, they're going smoothly. It's the rest of it that we have to deal with that's been quite an adventure. So far.
Speaker 2: How do you know it's the Communist Chinese Party that is perpetrating all of this mayhem and sabotage on things like tour buses being slashed with slash tires, bomb threats. How do you know it's the CCP?
Speaker 7: Leisha, Yeah, well, you got to go back to the very beginning of how Shinyin was founded in two thousand and six in New York, and when the day we were founded that very first tour, and I was there from the very beginning eighteen years ago. The CCP was always trying to sabotage and interfere with what we're doing. The first thing they did is they would have their ambassadors and their consul generals go to the theaters right to them, call them here in the US and say, do not allow Sheen to perform this. It's an anti China show. It's a celebration of traditional Chinese culture, mind you, but yeah, this is an anti China show, and we will revoke our sister city relationship. You'll have the economic repercussion, we will not bring Chinese performing arts companies. So they're trying all that stuff. Then when that didn't work, they tried to put articles attacking us in newspapers like the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post. They had this insert called the China Watch and that was basically paid advertisement by the CCP coming sea out of China Daily, and it was propaganda, but it was masquerading his articles. And if you didn't look carefully at the fine print and you just read the paper, you think, oh, this is the Washington Post writing about China. Why doesn't it sound like the Chinese Embassy. And then when that failed, they would have hackers try to hack our ticketing sites and shut down our website and my email and my LinkedIn account and all this stuff. And then they had people putting reviews online copy pasting them. They have this thing called the fifty cent Army, which I guess they get paid fifty Chinese cents per post, and they just, you know, thousands of these people posting all over the reviews. And then lately what we've seen is starting last year, we got leaked documents from China for the Ministry of State Security saying that they have an endgame type strategy against Chinyan performing arts and the broader dissident and especially the follow going practitioner community in the United States and they want to crush it once and for all, and they're going to escalate. And one of the things they talked about doing was supporting some social media influencers that were assets to try to get their narratives out against Chinyun, to try to weaponize mainstream media like The New York Times, to attack Shinyun, to try to start frivolous lawsuits against the company. And as these things are happening, this is when we're getting a death threat. So we got twenty something of them this year alone, different theaters that have received and these are all pranks, their scare tactics.
Speaker 2: Wasn't wasn't there wasn't there a wasn't there a bomb threat at the Kennedy Center.
Speaker 7: The Kennedy Center, Yeah, yep, I was there two weeks ago. We're getting ready for first show at the Kenney Center, right the heart of the United States. You know, we know who's in charge of the board there now, and you know, right in the center of DC, and we're getting ready to set up and the fire alarm goes off and they say this is not a drill. Evacuated immediately. And as they're pushing us around the buildings. I'm thinking, this is not a firearm, this is something more serious, and sure enough, we're standing.
Speaker 1: Outside in the cold.
Speaker 7: It was twenty degree weather there for three hours. The whole conflicts. Multiple performing arts companies were rehearsing and getting ready to perform, and yeah, it was a bomb threat targeting shiny In And then they brought the canines. They all the police was there, they searched everything, they did all the stuff that they do. There's nothing, there's never anything. They're just trying to scare people. And then we had to scramble get the show ready on time, and we performed on time, no problem. Had twelve shows there. We're heading all over the United States this weekend again and we'll be in Louisville, I think in April. But yeah, this is one of the things that we're dealing with right now, and I want people to know there's nothing actually a no actual threat. But we are facing this tremendous pressure from the Chinese commerce party in media and they're trying to do these like lawt air lawsuits against us for all these things. At our home base here in New York, a couple hours outside the city in the Hudson valley. They kept trying to file environmental lawsuits saying we're polluting, and they kept getting dismissed. And the last one got dismissed with prejudice, which means you can't you can't even file it against But guess what. The DJ last year, with the tremendous work of an FBI team, were able to fight two Chinese spies who were behind this. And they were in their indictment they said, you know, in their in court they said that they were getting orders directing from a PRC official who was telling about to do. And one of the things they were supposed to do was get these lawsuits against NY and against our headquarters here. And they ended up catching them because the spy tried to bribe what he thought was an IRS official to try to rebook our nonprofit status. Turned out that was an FBI and the cover agent got them on that. But they've been operating here for years. They probably got them. This is the tip of the iceberg. We don't know how many CCP spies are out here.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. During Biden's open border for the last four years, tens of thousands of military age Chinese young men came into our country illegally across the border. What do you think the chances are these are CCP spies, Because if you come from China, the government of China has to pretty much give you permission to let you out of the country in the first place.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, I mean, I think it would be naive to assume that there are not a lot of spies. I think we have to assume that many of them were certainly a lot of people who are just looking for financial opportunity. But you look at any Chinese national when they come to the US and they have family back in China, they have to keep an eye out for what the embassy is interested in in following. So, for example, Chinese students, they have these Chinese Students and Scholar associations. There's over one hundreds of across the country at CSSA, and they're run by the Chinese Embassy and Confluence. It's in their charter. And they're the ones who organize these welcome parades for cigping with the flags, the cancer protests, that kind of stuff. They're all the ones behind it. If you don't do that, they can revoke your your ability to study in the United States. They can get your family back in China. In trouble, you might be arrested and you go.
Speaker 1: Back to China.
Speaker 7: I know that all the performers in our company, the Chinese nationals who have a lot of them, become naturalized since they can't go back to China. Everybody's blacklisted. I'm blacklisted in China. I try to get into Hong Kong. One time they stopped me at the airport. And so there's a lot of pressure that you don't need to necessarily be a full time on salary kind of you know, James Bond villain type spy to work for the CCP. You can just be a regular man with a career. But if you want to go back to China and see your family, or you want to not get in trouble, you have to report on certain things, you have to do certain.
Speaker 1: Things that time.
Speaker 2: There you go, Lee Shailmish, thank you. Shn Yun continues its tour across the country. In Louisville, you say in April, I've never seen the show, but I've heard people who have, and it's just absolutely magic. It's about Chinese culture, five thousand years of it. Before the Communist Party took over and the Communist Party is not happy that that history is being shared in America and across the world. Thank you so much, Lesha, I appreciate your time. Thank you all right news and then Matt Mauning a collector's collector in studio coming up on seven ounther WLW. As we continue along the way on this Tuesday, before you see tournament basketball pregame at noon and then the game at twelve thirty against Oklahoma State on the home of the Bearcats, Gary Jeffin Forsloani, who's not dead, he's just incapacitated today and I'm glad he is because it gives me the opportunity to welcome into the studio. A guy that I met several years ago came into the bar actually when I was bar attending, and we talked, and he'd heard me on the air and said, we had, you know, some some at least philosophical things in common. It was an ex Cincinnati cop. But these days he is what I call the collector's collector, and he has shown me some amazing things that he has bought and then many cases sold over the years. And he's here with us now. Matt Manning, how are you doing, man, Well there you go, now I can hear you. Yeah, get somebody to turn on your mic. So when did you start this collect the collecting thing? When did you see this was a ticket for the rest of your life and a way to make money, but also a way to acquire some really cool stuff.
Speaker 9: When did this all start? You have to go back to when I was a real little kid. And back then, I mean, it wasn't the business that it is today. It was just more of a collectible saying that you would you know, you go to the ballpark and you know, you collect different things. But you know, I was born in sixty eight, you know, like seventy three. There's a place called the five eighty Gift Shop. You know, anyone here in Cincinnati will probably remember that, okay, you know, and you know back then when they first opened it up, I said, you know, they just weren't sure you because they knew there was people collecting things, and they just didn't know you know what, you know how rabid it was. You know how many people really you know, love this stuff. You know, so I'd work and everything, you know, when you know it's like five six years old. You know what I could do earning, you know, the runney around that neighborhood, you know, doing things for all the elderly people, you know. You see, you know, you get a couple of bucks in your pocket, right and I go down you know, yeah, I go down there, you know, and my mom at that point, Yeah, she'd give you ten dollars to spend, you know, which is nineteen seventy three. I mean that's a ton of money, you know. Yeah, you know, but I can use an extra ten today if you want to spare it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: You tell people about this and they don't believe you, but you go down the five eighty gift shop and you know, they would It was just it was like operating out of a broom closet, you know, and you go down there and yeah, they'd have all these baseball bats in there. They'd have one side was a visiting team, the other side was the home team, you know, and you guys would crack a bat or something during the game, you know, taken out of play and in a different bat. Well, they started taking those bats to the five eighty gift shop, you know, and they put prices on them. So on the red side, you know, you know, there was like, you know, Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Tony Perez, Joe Morgan. You're gonna pay a little bit extra for those guys, the guys that were stars. Everyone else was five dollars, you know, the stars were ten dollars.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 9: Anyone on the visiting side was five dollars. It didn't matter who it was. You get a Willy May's bat, really, stargel, whatever you wanted, you know, for five bucks.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, you know.
Speaker 9: And but that was the crazy lady thought we were crazy because she was just like, why are you wasting your hard earned money on stuff that we would just throw away? You know, they didn't understand, you know, why why are you buying these baseball bats?
Speaker 2: You know well, I mean at that point, you weren't even thinking about making money. They were just cool collectibles. These are the tools that the stars used that we watch and now we've got a piece of them in our hands. That's that's all.
Speaker 8: It was exactly, you know.
Speaker 9: And my older brother, you know, he was ten years older, you know, so he's in his teenage years, and they had something called Sports Collector's Digest, and it was like in the back of it, you know, people from all over the country would have ads in there with phone numbers you could call, and that's basically you know, people would trade among themselves that way.
Speaker 8: You know. Then it started to become selling and things like that.
Speaker 9: But my brother and my other and his friend, they would drag me down to the five eighty gift shop because they were already teenagers at that point, and some of the players were to understand that, you know, hey, these guys are getting these autographed cards and they're selling them, making money off, you know, when we sell something to sign a card for him. So they didn't like signing for the teenage guys. But I was like six years old, you know, So my brother would give me a handful of cards. You know, hey, hey there's Oscar gamb We'll go over and get his car. Get this sign, get this sign, get this sign, you know or whatever.
Speaker 8: Player.
Speaker 2: So they'd warm up to the little kids, not the teenager.
Speaker 8: They'd do it for the kids.
Speaker 9: But they didn't really like signing too much for teenagers, you know, because they realized that if it was starting to become a monetary thing, they weren't doing it because they were actually big fans.
Speaker 8: They were doing it to go make a bus.
Speaker 2: I tell this story all the time. Mat. When I was a little kid growing up in suburban Chicago, late sixties, about the time you were born, we collected baseball cards like almost any kid did at the time, you know, and they sell them with a pack of gum. You know, you've spent a quarter on the latest set of tops baseball cards or whoever it was. And I had an Earnie Banks rookie card that I traded with somebody, you know where it went in the spokes of my bicycle's That's what we used to do with baseball cards when we were kids. Put so it made that clock sound. We thought we were cool. We were just burning money up that we could have realized later on.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I mean just think all the stuff that you know, people went through their bike spokes, you know, or even like with it. Like in our family, my mom, you know, we had six kids, you know, so it was a cramped house to begin with. Her rule for me and my brother was a simple fact was you're not going to buy any cards for this year until you throw last year's in the garbage oz So you had to get rid of the year before before you were allowed to buy anything else.
Speaker 2: Now you brought you brought a Willy May's bat in here, a Louisville slugger. Obviously this is radio. People can't see you. Oh yeah, but what what do you value that at on a collector's market, something like that.
Speaker 9: Like a Willie May's bat like this, I mean, you know, it's this be considered lower end. I mean, it's still his nails back in the barrel, which they used to do back then. And they know, up and down, even up until about the mid seventies, they'd still repair their bats by putting nails in them.
Speaker 8: I mean Willie May's bat.
Speaker 9: You know, it probably starts off and around you know, forty five hundred, five thousand dollars, and it can go up to and go up to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 2: It's like anything else. It's conditioned, condition condition.
Speaker 8: It's condition condition condition.
Speaker 9: And then with today's technology, I said, and now they've added all these other different things and they add value to a baseball bat. You know, so you got specific marks on bats, and with today's photography and film, you know, they can actually say, okay, well that bat was used to hit home run number five fifty five you.
Speaker 8: Know, or whatever.
Speaker 9: So when you can match a baseball bat up to a home runs specific home run off of a star player.
Speaker 2: That increases the value.
Speaker 8: It increases the.
Speaker 9: Value big time. But you know the problem is, I mean, it's like everything else. They everyone, they figured out in this business how to make money off everything. Just because you know it was done, you were at the game and it was given to you or whatever, that doesn't mean squat. You got to send it into a company called PSA, you know, and you have to where they have.
Speaker 8: You have to get it papered, is what they say.
Speaker 2: Sentimental value is not dollar valet.
Speaker 9: It doesn't matter about that what story you want to put with it. Nothing I said, and everything has to be proven, you know.
Speaker 2: So there's a little coin in a box right here. Explain what this is.
Speaker 8: This is a silver pass what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Silver pass to what.
Speaker 9: They're called lifetime passes, and mainly all the big wigs with each of the teams, you know, presidents of the club, friends at the club, you know, managers and things like that. Star players when they retire, you know, they're given what they called a silver pass.
Speaker 8: You know, this is a round one.
Speaker 9: But this is like a real early one from the Cincinnati Reds from eighteen ninety six. It's like the earliest one now, eighteen eighteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: What would be the value on something like that?
Speaker 8: Man, it runs a game? And I said, right now, about five.
Speaker 2: Grand, no know, just that little round coin.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And that's this most people would Most people do is they'll go, like today today's day ay technology. You just get on your phone or you go on a computer and you check out all these different sports auctions, you know, so people will try to find out, you know, what did this sell for you know, or was it ever in an auction? You know, so they look everything up and people go by that. But what I tell people is this, you can't go buy the latest auction price. That's that's by who knew it was in that auction, who was watching at the time, you know, who had the money to buy it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 9: I said, I can buy things out of an auction for four hundred dollars, give it to a different auction, and it'll sell for eight thousand dollars, you know, And I've done I've done it before. I mean, it's that's basically how I try to make a living as yell I deal with a bunch of different auctions. Find something in one, you get a great price on it. So to me, what's somebody So, what's something sold for? And it's all it's sold really low. It's only worth this.
Speaker 8: Well, no it's not. I said, things just you know, go through the cracks like it's.
Speaker 9: Worth whatever somebody's willing to pay for. Exactly, it's worth what someone's willing to pay, you know. And a lot of times they'll have a wrong description on something, you know, they'll have it totally wrong, and that'll turn off most of the collectors or something, and you know you'll be able to swoop in and get it for a decent price.
Speaker 2: Tell me about the Pete Rose cap that you brought in. It's his rookie camp.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's Pete Rose's nineteen sixty three rookie cap.
Speaker 8: You know, it's kind of neat.
Speaker 2: So where did you find that?
Speaker 9: I got it from one of the one of the best guys in the business that I know. Him and his dad were just huge Pete Rose fans, you know, and they actually knew Pete Rose, you know. So they had a ton of stuff of his and his name was a Sam Smith and Chris Smith, you know, and anyone in the Cincinnati area knows his name. I mean, he's just just a known expert on this stuff. So he didn't run a brick and mortar shop or do anything until recently.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: He was like me, just operating out of his car, running around buying and selling, going to different shows, doing everything. And I guess now now these and older, he kind of settled down and he went ahead and opened his own shop, you know. So this is where I got that cap from, along with me basically the majority of my collection. You know, he's the only guy in the business that would deal with me, you know, because I said I was an ex cop, so there's a lot of a lot of garbage that went along with that, and he was the only guy that would deal with me, you know. But I mean, he just he does it at a different level than me. And he's got so many people because he's been He's younger than me, but he he knows more people because of the way he's done his business and the way he's done things. And it's like anything you do today, it's networking, you know, so you know, you knowledgeable, you know, you need something anything sports related I mean, the guy's like a walking encyclopedia, so you sports related, historical related, you know.
Speaker 8: But he's not just a collector, I said. You know, he sells too, you know.
Speaker 2: So does the value of something like that Rickie Camp does it go up now that pizza no longer around? Because for the most part, like like I talked to a record appraiser, vinyl appraiser, and just because somebody is dead, it doesn't.
Speaker 9: Mean the item's worth more. But yeah, the situation like that. Yeah, it's different in the sports world. In the art world, you know. I mean they always tell you, you know, there's no successful or good artist and except a dead artist.
Speaker 8: You know. It's kind of the same way with baseball style.
Speaker 2: Wonder if I wonder if that will happen when Hunter Biden passed. Yeah, now you've shown me some other things in the past, and I wanted to ask you about historical items, like there was a check I guess from Abraham Lincoln that you were showing me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, not, I have a check from Babe Ruth. And then it was yes, there's a it's an election ballot. Oh what an election ballot?
Speaker 1: When?
Speaker 8: Yeah, when Lincoln was first elected and in the second.
Speaker 2: In eighteen sixty and eighteen sixty four.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it's just the election ballots. In fact, it's in the in the briefcase here. Yeah, that brought you know, so tell me about it. How did you acquire it? And what do you think you could get for it. I'm just curious the same thing I said. Yeah, it's a it runs a gamut. You can put them on eBay, and yes, sometimes you get up to a thousand dollars for him. But I got this from the same guy, you know. I mean, so you know, not only does he deal with sports stuff, he deals with historical stuff. And you know he ended up. You know, it's kind of like the show Pickers. You got all these guys around the Cincinnati area that do the same thing as them. Well, then they bring it to him, and you know, and the reason they bring it to him is because they they all know he's respectable and he's they're going to give him the best price for it.
Speaker 2: But there are a lot of unscrupulous people in the business that you're talking about, and and your advice to somebody who has they you know, they're cleaning out a basement. It's an estate that you know someone has passed. It's it's a sight that you just happen upon and you find some valuable items. Your advice is to not just look in the phone book and contact the first person you see and just assume they're legitimate, legitimate, and that they're honest.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, that's my opinion. I mean, like I said, you've got a bunch of different all over the place. You know, a lot of these places they've been around for a long time. They got money to advertise and do things, a lot of them to come on your show, you know, advertising their their shops and everything. And I said, you know, to me, I said, go to one of the shops if you want, and just you do it. As an opinion, I said, get online, look on eBay and do you know and see what.
Speaker 2: But you say, the more sources the better.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the more sources the better, I mean, And then then you can make a comfortable decision on what you want to do and what you want to sell. Like I said, in my business, you know, the guy that I was dealing with at Chris Guy, he decided to open a store, you know, and he's it's out off of fifty two. It's a little farther out. Most people are here within the two seventy five loop, you know, but it's not that far out. It only takes twenty minutes to get to once you get off at Kellogg Avenue. Sure, so you just go out fifty two and it's and it's really easy to find because it's it's right across from the General Grant Museum, so it's right on the other side of New Richmond. And he so he named it the General Grant's Trading Post, and I said, you know, I told him. I said it's a great name and everything else. And I said, you know, it takes a while, but you have to have people come in. And so you're sitting here and I said, take it to the guy. I said, he'll be the most in my opinion, he'll be the most honest with you. And I guarantee that, you know, he'll give you the best price on something.
Speaker 2: You know, what's the most valuable item you've ever sold. I don't think the irs is listening.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to think, I said, an individual item. I sold a ton of.
Speaker 9: Baseball cards a few years ago for a little over one hundred and twenty five thousand, but it was a ton of them. You know, you're talking T two of six cobs, you know, the thirty three gouty roofs, things like that. So I just sold the whole collection as a whole for that. And in the end, I mean, like I said, I rs wise. I said, I probably lost money. But it depends on what you're doing. I mean, you know, if you need money for something, then clear out the collectibles and just go do it. I said, don't you know, you can't really focus on the price or what it is. I mean, granted, you don't want to be throwing money away. You don't want to be buying everything and selling it for a loss time, you know, but you know, and then it made a little bit more than that. I said, I take all my stuff because most of the people around here, you know, like I said, I didn't get along with them. I only dealt with this one guy over the years, and I wasn't in this as a business to make money or do anything. I said, I'm a collector basically, you know. But now I'm getting to the point in life where I need to start sending some of this stuff out or you know, So I just I loaded. I went ahead and loaded up a van and drove out west, you know, and I dealt with the guys out there, because in this Cincinnati area, you know, in the three states, you know, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, I mean, it's the cheapest people in the world are around here. That's the only way to put it. It's well, it's it's a known fact in the business. I said, if you really want to make any money or do anything, you got to go to either one of the coasts or down south. And and I don't know what, I don't know why it's like that. You know, maybe it's just because it's it's the Midwest is more of a blue collar pier. Yeah, they're frugal. I said that they work hard for their living, you know, they they party hard, they drink a ton and everything else. And I said, everything just basically about getting one over and making a buck, you know.
Speaker 8: So it to me, that's just my opinion.
Speaker 9: You go out coast to the west coast, the East coast, or down south, and this is a different ballgame. I mean, people don't seem to play the games like they do around here, you know. So you'll get a better you'll get a better price on stuffing at a stained glass window. You know, did you collect here. I'll struggle to get a thousand dollars for it here in Cincinnati, you know, you take it the Massachusetts or up to New York over on the coast. And I said, then all of a sudden you sell it for five thousand, and they think they got one over on you.
Speaker 2: You know, interesting discussion. But if people want to start this, just go to auctions check out. If they want to start collecting.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, you go to go to auctions. Go in somebody's shops, you know. I said, you know you want a history lesson, go to my buddy shop out there on fifty two. I said, and you know he won't just buy something just to get it from you. I mean you'll have a conversation, will educate you on it, tell you all about it, the history of something.
Speaker 2: For me, that's the big prize is learning the history of the item. Listen, our time's up. Unfortunately it just flew by like I knew it would. Next time we'll maybe have some time to take some calls from people, okay, and we can discuss more collectibles. It's the Scott Sloan Show. More ahead on seven hundred Wlwican. Just about an hour and forty minutes since the opening bell. The Dow Jones now still down down four hundred and twenty five points so far today. The slide continues. Just in case you were concerned, and many people are, and then other people like me go, well, I've seen this talk market go up and down dramatically. It's only down not even one percentage points the Dow at this point, but you never know, continue to monitor that. And my friend Matt Monning is still in the studio, the Collector's collector, and Matt one or two just mentioned one or two things. A guest standing by, Mike, lets will be with you in just a moment. Uh, you showed me at the bar this incredible Bearcat jersey, and explain what this is that you have.
Speaker 9: It's the earliest known game worn collegiate sports jersey. I said, it's from right around nineteen thirteen, nineteen fourteen, and I said, it's just it's just a really neat jersey to see. I mean you can find the pictures. It's id to the guy and it's the earliest known one. Yeah, so Heritage, you know sold a real early one of the Jayhawks. It was never worn, you know, for like thirty eight thousand dollars or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if the guy wants to sell it now he wants like almost fifty grand for it, Well this is this is earlier than that.
Speaker 8: But it's game used, you know worn.
Speaker 2: So so what what do you think that would go for prospectively in a market.
Speaker 9: Well, you'd think it to go for about thirty eight thousand, you know, somewhere around there. Yeah, between thirty or forty thousand if he gave it to an auction. But like I said, it's always it's always a you know, roll of the dice when you're giving him something.
Speaker 2: You got, you got, you got your die hard beer cat fans a roight yeah, and some of them will even be listening to the game. By the way, I'd.
Speaker 9: Rather give it to the university somehow, you know, and we're going to auction with it, I said, you know, I said, I'll give it to them a lot cheaper than they have to do it in an auction.
Speaker 2: Yep. You see Oklahoma State in the Big twelve tournament right here on the Big one. Uh tip time around twelve thirty, Matt, thanks again, you want to do give a shout out to a friend of yours.
Speaker 9: It was just yeah, my brother, you know, my brother and his friend. His name's Tommy Nagel. You know, he's he's a guy that really got me started in his business and he still does it, you know, on the side, you know, wheeling and dealing different things. You know, he's just a diehard Pete Rose fan. I mean it really, I mean the other guy was a.
Speaker 2: Big bunch of a bunch of those in this time.
Speaker 9: This guy, he's got pictures of him when he was a teenager with Pete Rose, and he it goes all the way up to just within months of him dying, and you're getting pictures with him.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's amazing what he's got.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, thanks a lot for visiting again. It was good to see and we'll we'll see you around the watering hole. Up next, the man behind investusa dot com. He is a law enforcement veteran and he has spent his career since that time developing equipment materials for law enforcement officers to help keep them safe and bring them home after their tour. Michael Letz, it's great to talk to you again. How are you, my friend?
Speaker 10: I'm doing great. How are you do it.
Speaker 2: Excellent, excellent, excellent. Off the top of today's discussion, I wanted to mention the couple of incidents where again law enforcement officers have been targeted by the bad guys, and in many cases they're being drawn out. We just found out here in Cincinnati, according to a nine to one one call that there was a there was a person who was threatening law enforcement and other people with a nine in Columbia Township and two officers responded to this, but the guy who called it in was the guy with the knife. He was luring the cops out. I don't know if it was a cop assisted suicide that the guy had in mind or he was trying to ambush these officers, but we're seeing that occur more and more, and as the border crackdown continues, the cartel members have been given their marching orders to attack not only ice officers, but law enforcement officers all over the country. And this is where a group like INVESTUSA comes in, as far as offering protective vests that go far beyond what we know as kevlar or bulletproof vests. And I guess you could speak to any of that, but it's more important than ever to make sure our cops on the street have the equipment that they need to help keep them safe.
Speaker 10: Oh, you're exactly right, Gary, it's of course Tom, you know, oh my not good. For instance, Tom and I were discussing that it's a shame that those that we were attempting to apprehend to protect America, to keep her safe, talking about the cartels, the child sex traffickers for that matter, the terrorists, and just the murderers there, I mean, hardened criminals have been released into this country that we're brought over here, welcomed by the Biden administration to put out on our streets. You know, we're in the process of picking those up now that as their first and foremost objective. But I could promise you they're not sitting by the curb with a little lunch, paill wait for somebody to take them home. They're better armed, they're better protected, and it should never be that way in this country. And that's why this is more critical than ever. What you've mentioned before. What the listeners he do understand is we started investing in nineteen eighty three, excuse me, and we've been doing this for over thirty some odd years. But back in those days, you have what we call concealable vests. They were made of kevlar. You wear them under your shirts. You see them, the cops on them, dec their uniform all the time. Concealable vests were only made to stop sidearms.
Speaker 1: That's all you need it.
Speaker 10: Back then, nobody was proud to be a criminal, so they took a gun they could put underneath their shirts and nobody would see it, and they committed their atrocities. Times have changed. We're dealing with drug cartails now and others. They're very proud of their organization and what they do, so they bring in AK forty seven's long range rifles literally will cut right through concealable vests if you weren't wearing one. The only way to stop that round is with what we created new technology called active shooter vests. They have titanium plates in them, will stop anything. But here's the tragedy. Less than ten percent of cops across the country have them. Ninety percent are unprotected, and that's a crime.
Speaker 1: Shame.
Speaker 10: And we're going into this particular type of a scenario determined to clean up the streets of America, and we're under projecket and outgunned.
Speaker 2: There's a fourteen year old in New Jersey charged after an officer was killed another critically hurt in a shootout there, fourteen years old. This isn't a drug cartel, more than likely, but it is a pattern of crime and one of the reasons that President Trump and other elected officials are turning the corner and trying to get tough on crime and addressing it when we've had a revolving door system of justice thanks to prosecutors who were purposely soft on crime, the George Soros elected district attorneys and the like in different places, like in New York City and cities all over the country, major metro metropolitan areas, and then you have these judges that are allowing this crime to really prosper and to grow and to become out of control in major cities. I think, I think Americans finally are taking a long, hard look at law and order again, and it's way past time for that.
Speaker 10: Your thoughts, No, you're exactly right. Here's what we the Trump administration right now is spacing. They're not just fighting the criminals, they're fighting our own people. Are judges are you know, the corruption that we have. It is amazing that we can have federal judges that think that they can dictate executive policy. And they're doing that not just against the Trump administration, as you mentioned, they're doing to our judicial system. They have determined that the criminals are more important than the American citizens. That's got to go. I mean, that doesn't even make common sense. One thing I'm grateful for for the Trumpet administration. Cam Body So doing a great job as aternity General is now determined to refer these criminal matters or indictments against these judges and ask them to be impeached. We've got to get rid of this mindset that if we don't get our way, we're going to legislate from the bench. That's never the way the Constitution was formulated. If you don't like it, then get out something else.
Speaker 2: The judicial is an interpretive not a legislative branch, and they're there to determine whether the laws that are past are constitutional. And uh, we have a lot of those judges who think that they're legislators or they're the executive and that they are the sole voice of reason on any given legal topic, and they simply are not. And and that's why we have an appellate system, and that's why we have a Supreme Court. But even then sometimes there is a legislation from the bench that is totally unconstitutional and it's something that must be watched constantly in my opinion. What else would you like to talk about? If anything well told?
Speaker 10: There's plenty of talk of trust me here, But you know, let's talk about where we're at as a country from a law and order standpoint.
Speaker 4: Okay, of course, four years.
Speaker 10: Ago, you know, we had open borders, and this is what I want the American people to understand we're up against now. When we had open borders, the cartels still do control the Rio grand And what do we mean by that. That means on the Mexican side, you don't set up foot in that river without the cartels blessing. How do you get their blessing? Very simple, It's called twenty thousand dollars apiece. They don't care if you have it or not. If you don't have it, you can work it off by being one of the drug runners, of being the prostitution organizations. They got plenty of ways you can work it off. But now you can said it. When we had ade administration. The Trump administration came in, we shut all that down. We roughly had thirty eight people that were able to get aways last week on a given day, from fifteen thousand down to thirty eight.
Speaker 4: You've the math.
Speaker 10: Do you realize how much the cartels are losing. They're not gonna sit by and allow that kind of revenue to be taken from them. So they have issue with the intercepted intel reports. They've issued all their lieutenants to use armed drones. Where did they get the armed drones from? Well, you remember we were sitting to military, high grade military equip with the Ukraine. Yeah, find out that sixty five percent of it never got there. Ukraine put it on the black market. Guess who has the most money to buy this kind of stuff. Cartel's cartels exactly in the terrace workanduation. So they've got it. It's sitting on our border right now. So they're going to use armed drones to fly across the river to attack border patrol and our military units to try to invade and last holes so that they can get migrants across eveegally immigrants across. That's going to go.
Speaker 3: We're well for them, but.
Speaker 10: The other thing they're attempting to do is they send out word that anybody visiting Mexico, they know where the tourist spots are at. They're going to start lining the roads to get there with IEDs, try to kill as many Americans as possible. That already started last week. We lost one American tourist with an ID. We lost nine college students who were butchered by the cartail and we're not going to toleratetel. So we've drawn the line in this sand. We've made it very clear that the cartails are now terrorist organizations. What does that mean to the American public? We declare you the terrorist organization. Suddenly you're in a different category. We can use military interventions. That means special forces, and that means we can track you anywhere in the world. You don't have to be in the US anymore. We can go after wherever you're at. So expectancy is a very heated, heating up events coming up here shortly, because payback is hell and we're going to make sure that we do not simply disrupt the cartails is our goal and responsibility now to the women.
Speaker 2: In Well, Now we won't be facing necessarily the Mexican government. But you're talking about another American mecha war, which they haven't fared well in over the course of history. And with our military now on the border given the green light permission to fire back if they're fired upon, it looks like there's going to be something very much resembling a war on our southern border with the cartels, not with the Mexican government. But if the cartels think that they've got the firepower to do it, you're right. They're just protecting their financial interest in their way of life, and they will stop at nothing. Well, they're going to meet some pretty strong resistance from the US military if push comes to.
Speaker 10: Show, and interested in The Mexican Congress just last week past the Seat of the Night passed the resolution welcoming any special forces into the country that we're calling for the purpose of eradicating the cartails, so they know we're coming and we're not just going to wait you get to ours. That's not how war were ups. We eliminate the threat wherever it's at. They've drawn the line, unlike the previous administration, where you could kept drawing lines and step over when nothing happens. Yeah, and as administration would you step over the line buckle up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They called it the Biden don't policy. It didn't work with Iran, it didn't work with the cartels, it hasn't worked anywhere. But some real, real firepower and our military. The reason we have a military is number one reason to defend our borders, to defend the United States of America, not to be flown halfway around the world and defend somebody else's border. I mean, we can help people when when we're able to, but the primary job of the US military is to do exactly what is being done now on our on our borders. And it's way past time. Michael. Lets thank you very much for your time. Invest USA. Tell me again real quickly about your organization, how people and get in touch and participate.
Speaker 10: If include our website I NVSTUSA dot orgto charity dot org, they can make sure our officers have the necessary protection to punch these cartails head on and win. And the other thing they can keep informed of everything else is going We keep the running stories on everything that's happening across the country how it affects law enforce. So please do one thing today. Tell a first responder thank you for your service and if you can help make sure they have the equipment, a couple of safety to their kids and their families as well.
Speaker 2: My brother, I have a wonderful rest of the day. Thank you so much. We have Jim orin Ac back for a second bite. We'll see what's chomping at his bit in just a moment after news on seven hundred WLW, while the House is pondering and waiting on taking the vote on the cr to keep the government funded, figured this would be a great time to talk to my friend Jim Ranesi again, former congressman from Ohio, senatorial and gubernatorial candidate, businessman, entrepreneur and once again our guest on the Scott's Loan Show, Gary Jeffin for Sloani. Well, Jim, they are talking to talk in Washington. The question is will they walk the walk and avert the government shut down with the Democrats. This is unusual, Jim, because the Democrats always are the parties said, I can't believe the Republicans would shut the government down, and now the Democrats are vowing to do it. Isn't it crazy? How the shoes on the other foot.
Speaker 11: Well, it is interesting, but again the Democrats are going to say the Republican have a majority in the House and the majority in the Senate, and they need to do their job. That'll be their talking point. You know, politics is all about talking points, who has the better ones, And in the end, it's just this American people that will lose, which is sad because the government shutdown does not help our economy. It doesn't really save any money. There are a lot of people who believe when you shut it down, it's just the government quit spending money. Now the government still has to pay money, it just doesn't spend it till it reopens again. So hopefully they'll come to some conclusion. But I will tell you, and I mentioned this before. Remember they're voting on a bill to spend money that does not include all the waste that the Doze the Doze cuts found And that's the interesting aspect, which is one of the reasons why Massey Connorsson Massey's not voting for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, he said that the only way he'd vote for it is if he had a lobotomy. This morning, President Trump is promising to primary or get Republicans to primary Thomas Massey. It's a very solid safe district. I know this because I live in the fourth district in Kentucky and will not keep me voting from for Thomas Massey should he run for reelection in twenty six. And that's not a guarantee either. The thing about Thomas Massey is that if he has any higher aspirations, he has pretty much run his course. According to what he said when he began and ran the first time, he wasn't going to be a lifetime politician in the House of Representatives seat. He is as probably as down to earth as anybody gets in that position, in that organization, in that branch of Congress, just because I've met him and I know him. He's a farmer. He loves being a farmer. You know, he lost his wife last year and that was kind of a bump in the road and did not know if he would continue then. But you know, got a guminatorial race in Kentucky. Also, a Senate seat will be open in twenty six, and I think that quite possibly, I don't know, but I think that quite possibly Thomas Massey will consider a run for either one of those offices. Any thoughts on that, Since you've run for Senate and governor, what are the challenges that Thomas Massey would have in a state where he continually is re elected to the House in his district.
Speaker 11: Well, first off, Thomas Massey is a good man. He was a friend of mine. He came into the House of Representatives when I did. He's a constitutional conservative. Yep, somebody like me who will stick to his guns, and quite frankly, I stuck to my guns on CRS many a time with President Trump. I never voted for a CR except one time. President Trump did call me and asked me to vote for a fourteen day CR. I'll never forget. I was in the back of the house. They said, the President wants to talk to you. I said, fine, I went back. I said, mister President, I don't vote for CRS. He said, would you please do this? I said, I'll do it. I said, but don't come back to me in fourteen days, when you know. Fourteen days later he came back to me and I said, no. You know, a CR is one of the reasons we have our problems in Congress. We don't pass by just we don't pass appropriation bills. We just continue to pass CRS. I applaud those that don't vote for crs. I didn't vote for CRS. I was called It was funny the Republicans and some of the Democrats would say to me, well, you're a vote no hope yes, And I said, well, you can call me whatever you want, vote no hope yes. That we don't shut the government down. That was always the key. But look, I think at this point in time, after forty some fifty some crs in the last ten years, it's probably about time. And I'd love to see President Trump veto this spending bill and tell the House and Senate don't leave until you send me a bill that has the cuts that are necessary that we found. I know he's not going to do that because he does want to keep the government open. But at some point in time, we got to take a stand on this spending. And even though dose is finding everything, we're not cutting it. You know, we found toilets, three hundred dollar toilets and one hundred and fifty dollars hammers. We found all this stuff over the last twenty years. But until somebody takes the stand we're not going to cut this wasteful spending.
Speaker 2: Well, then this cr it doesn't It doesn't cut spending. It just kind of The way it's portrayed is it freezes spending at the current levels. But that's not what we need. We need cuts, real cuts. And then how long has it been since they actually passed a real budget, Jim.
Speaker 11: It's been twenty five plus years.
Speaker 8: That's the problem.
Speaker 11: You know, we tried to pass budgets when I was in Congress. I was on the budget committee. When we passed the budget and sent it over to the House or center over the Senate, the Senate never passed it. They did our job. It's one of the frustrating things that I found in Congress. One year, we passed three hundred and sixty some bills in the House, sent him over the Senate, and the Senate just didn't pass it. The House has to pass the Senate. The House and Senate have to pass a budget, and the Senate has refused to pass budget for years. The House has not done their job either. I'm not going to give them credit. We have failed the pass budgets as well, but when we did pass them, the Senate didn't take them up and pass them either.
Speaker 2: Well, these crs that you speak of that continue to get past, you know, kicking the can down the road again. And not cutting spending. They have led to John Bainer being ousted a speaker. It led to Kevin McCarthy. Does do you think this particular fight spells kind of the beginning of the in for Mike as Speaker of the House.
Speaker 11: Well, look, it's a very difficult position to be Speaker of the House. But you're exactly right. One of the thing that has really been interesting for me to watch is that you're right. We threw Bayner out. Not we, but Congress threw Bayner out because he kept doing this. They threw you McCarthy out, and all of a sudden, it's okay to do it. I don't get this. I mean it's either okay to do it or it's not okay to do it. It's very frustrating. I feel sorry for some of the solid Republicans down there that have to be shaking their heads saying what is going on because at this stage of the game, most people don't even know what's right anymore. We're now okay passing a cr when we threw speakers out for not passing crs'. It's just different times different and trust.
Speaker 2: Writing, there's a great deal of hypocrisy on both sides. There's plenty of hypocrisy to go around when it comes to the two parties in Congress, and we're seeing it on full display. As you just mentioned. On another tack, what should be done with Ukraine? In your opinion, if if you were the king of the world, Jim Ornacy, what would you do with the Ukraine situation? Do they continue to get a blank check from US and can't explain where the money's going in their fighting just because Putin's a bad guy and he invaded their country? Do we defend Ukraine for as long as it takes and is there any chance at all that they even prevail in this if they continue this nonsense in the the and the killing continues.
Speaker 11: So look at it from a different angle. Number one, we should never put boots on the ground there, No, And number two, we should never get in a situation where we have to put boots on the ground in Europe ever again to defend countries over there. But we should provide them the military aid and equipment they need. Remember when we are providing them military equipment, it's being manufactured by Amerging companies. So it actually is there's a positive side to this that a lot of people don't look at But at the same time, here's what a lot of people don't understand about Ukraine. And we input lots of things from Ukraine that we can't get elsewhere. One of those things is pig iron. Without pig iron, we can't build and manufacture still. Now we can get at other places, but Ukraine is one of our number one places for pig iron. And if we lose that, we lose the ability to make still in our country, or we lose at least one of the products needed to make still in our country. Wheat's another thing. So I look at it from a business perspective. What is the return on investment? And I think that's the way we should look at everything in government. If we are funding them X amount of dollars, but the return is why, and it's beneficial to the United States, we should continue to do it with one additional caveat, and that is if we can keep our men and women and our soldiers off the boots off the ground in Ukraine and Europe, there's even an added bonus. So I've always been very supportive of making sure that we don't ever have to go to war again. Our children and grandchildren. So's the way we should look at them.
Speaker 2: So you continue to give them a blank check and whatever they need. You just here's another fifty billion, here's another one hundred billion. Zelenski couldn't even tell you where the money all win.
Speaker 4: Jim, Well, you.
Speaker 11: Know that's what one. So there's two sides of the story.
Speaker 6: Some people say that.
Speaker 11: Other people say that the money is actually being spent on. You know, we're giving them We're not giving them money, giving them arms, We're giving them ammunition. We're giving them things that are going to that country to be used to defend themselves. That's the real key. If it is cash, which I don't believe it is, but if it is cash, we should know what it's being spent on. But I'm of the I'm of the belief that it's actually weaponry, arms, it's those type of things, and even you know, the military intelligence that they need. I mean, I'm absolutely shocked that President Trump has pulled the intelligence away from them now too, because that's just a death sentence to them. And you know, in the end, it's given putting the opportunity to say I'm just going to move forward, which he is, and now he's bombs, bombing innocent children and families as well, which is again we should not get involved in those wars.
Speaker 1: But should we.
Speaker 8: Help that's the real question? Sure for Americans.
Speaker 2: Well, it was it was disclosed that part of the ask of Zelenski and Ukraine were billions of dollars and actual cash to fund their government pension fund because it had been exhausted by the war effort. So that's that's real dollars, isn't it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And that we should not do. But I do think at the same time we should. We should direct help to them for their military needs, not the financial appension needs.
Speaker 2: All Right, One more quick thing on a on a tariff sense, on a business sense, since you're a business guy and you look at things that way. Ontario saying that they're going to put tariffs on electricity or they're going to stop giving us electricity and reciprocal tariffs on the other side from the Trump administration, where does this all go? Is it a negotiating ploy, is it a quagmire that will cause a recession and get us into trouble. It's so early to tell, uh, And that's why it's people are so excited about the fast moving Trump administration. They finally got their full cabinet together, which is in pretty good record time, considering he only took the oath of office on January twentieth. But what's your take on the latest tariff moves and how it's affecting the markets.
Speaker 11: So I've said all along the tarr should be used for negotiations, they should never be used for economics. But the problem is we have now escalated this to a war. We are in a tariff war, which is a real problem. But I want to remind your listeners of one thing that's extremely important. During President Trump's first term, we renegotiated all the trade I heard somebody say, well, the reason we have all these problems is NAFTA. NAFTA doesn't exist anymore. President Trump negotiated all new trade agreements with Mexico and Canada. They were signed, we were the Congress approved them. That was all done in twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen, So not that many years ago we approved all these trade agreements. I still remember the day President Trump's saying, these are great trade agreements for the United States with Canada and Mexico. Now roll forward four years, five years, and we're at a trade war again with Canada and Mexico. This is what I don't understand, and it doesn't help the American businessman or woman when we have uncertainty and unpredictability. I mean, one of the reasons why the market soared under the first of Trump administration is because he was able to maintain certainty and predictability. And when we got into these trade problems with these countries, we signed new trade agreements, so everybody was happy. The markets continued to roar, business people were happy. Now all of a sudden, President Trump is throwing out these trade agreements that he signed and he proposed back in eighteen and nineteen, and we're at basically a war, which cannot be good for the American people. I hope Americans understand. They hear these tariffs and they think, oh, the government's going.
Speaker 1: To pay those.
Speaker 11: The government doesn't pay those, you and I pay those. You and I end up paying those, and it will increase the cost of cars and food and electricity. And we really don't need to get into a trade war at this time where our economy is still we're still coming out of a high recession period. This is just bad timing. You get into a trade war.
Speaker 2: Well, ultimately it's the long the long plan, I guess, And that's the other side of the coin. The philosophy is this eventually will convince people to you know, make stuff in America again, But that takes a long time. That's building infrastructure, and you know it'll take two or three years at the early for these jobs to come back, right.
Speaker 11: Well, it'll even take more than that. I remember, we didn't get into this mess in the last three or four years. We got in this mess in the last twenty five years. So take a look at the automobile industry. We are now a North American manufacturing industry of automobiles. We share products with Mexico and Canada. We build cars by moving chassis's in tires to Mexico, Canada, they move all through North America.
Speaker 8: That was a plan of all.
Speaker 11: The manufacturing companies twenty five years ago. Now, all of a sudden, it would be great to bring them all back, but that's not going to happen in three days, three months, three weeks, not even three years. I mean, that is probably a ten year process to bring manufacturing back, if not, you know, and this idea that we can do it this quickly is not a problem. Now I've said all it would be great if we change the curve so that we influence manufacturers to come back.
Speaker 8: We got them back in the.
Speaker 11: Next five to ten years, and we got that happening. It's not going to happen today, tomorrow or next week, and the American people will have to pay for this in the short term.
Speaker 2: All right, Jim or Nacy, thank you for a voluminous amount of time, and we appreciate that. Have a great day, thank you, thank you very much. That's it. Bearcat basketball, the Big twelve tournament just ahead on seven hundred WLW. Have a fantastic day, won't you.