Speaker 1: My name is Will and I'm Garon and unlike moulderin Scully, believe. So we've embarked in a journey of discovery.
Speaker 2: We've talked to people deeply entrenched in the spiritual and metaphysical world.
Speaker 1: We've thrown ourselves into weird and wonderful experiences. I even joined a coven of witches.
Speaker 2: And wait, you joined a coven.
Speaker 1: Yep, all on the interest of finding something, anything that will prove that there's something beyond this physical.
Speaker 2: Three dimensional world we all live in.
Speaker 1: This is the Skeptic Metaphysicians. This episode of The Skeptic Metaphysicians was recorded live at the Edgar Casey Aar.
Speaker 3: Today. Our guest is doctor J. P. A.
Speaker 1: Monte. He is doctor of chiropractic studies with degrees in psychology and biochemistry, and he certified in massage and hypnotherapy. And he was inspired by Edgar Casey so much that he healed himself and now uses that information to heal others. Doctor, thank you so much for being on the show today.
Speaker 3: Awesome, Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: We're excited to talk with you.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 1: We were talking before we started recording, and you had mentioned that you are very deeply entrenched in the holistic natural healing modalities inspired by doctor by Edgar Casey. Yeah, so when you say that you healed yourself, yes, tell us about that. What do you mean by that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so ever since at a young age, you know, was diagnosed with type two asthma, and it was always difficult for me to just be outside and play with other kids, and even sometimes just going outside running, you know, I'd have to stop, you know, wheezing, coughing and the light, and like a lot of people growing up, you know, kind of getting sick around the time and the seasons and the year, and then having multiple injuries and so forth, that would often hamper just being able to do sports and different activities and such. And so one night got to a certain point in my life, I really started to apply the information from Aggri Casey in a holistic manner, combining in different types of treatments, both medical, alternative, natural, and eventually just all those things went away.
Speaker 2: We just went away.
Speaker 3: How did you feel them?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: That's right. The body has the most incredible ability to adapt to things, you know, and so forth, and whatever, you know, treatments that one you know, selects and uses. You know, you can honestly just listen to the body and follow a lot of that intuitive guidance and how it responds. And so what I honestly found is that especially you know, growing up in the early years, that combining things with regards to diets, things with regards to medical procedures, as well as using a lot of the information, it just you just start to find the benefits and start to get healthier.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So I'd like to back up just a little bit. A lot of people have heard that term, you know, holistic health care. What exactly does that mean?
Speaker 3: Well, holistic simply means the whole and so very Casey was really the first person who addressed the whole physical body. And so when you look at the readings, he would always start off talking about the blood system, right, so the circulation, talking about not only of the blood cells healthy, but are they evenly distributed to all the different organs and glands, and then going into the nervous system and whether it was coordinated functioning properly, and then literally going through all the different glands and organ systems, talking about proper digestion as well as the organs that eliminate things right, So the natural detoxification we have in our body. And so by addressing all the different parts of the physical and how they interact was really a dressing, you know, the whole physical. But they would keep going on to address the person's mental attitudes, addressing their thought patterns, and then going on to addressing their spiritual purpose, whether they were living up to their ideal and really their souls purpose. And so when you have the physical, mental, emotional, and the spiritual all being addressed, that's really the whole person.
Speaker 1: So truly a mind, body, spirit conglomeration of all things. Absolutely to make a holistic out that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 2: Well, there's nothing that I've always been curious about with regards to Edgar Caseine. When you come here to the air and you go into the gift shop at bookstore, all this castor oil, what is the benefit? Do you drink it?
Speaker 3: How do you use it? Yeah, a lot of people assume still that you're supposed to drink castor oil. You don't want to really drink it. It's really harsh on you. So there is some really good research now and that in castor oil you have the fatty acid component called recinilaic acid. In fact, it's more bunant castor oil than anything else. In fact, if you were to eat the castor beans raw, they're poisonous. I should kill you. But when you press the oil out of them and extract proteins, because that's what causes the immune reaction. But the oil itself is extremely healing, so it's about ninety percent rectallic acid. When absorbed into the body. You can apply it topically. Most commonly was recommended to apply castor oil into a flannel either cotton or wool, apply it to the body and heat it up, and once it's absorbed into the system, it's literally like food for your limph, right, so your limp is kind of like the sewage system. It's the immune juice that clears all the debris and all the things out of your body, and it really just gets the lymph moving and it's a great way to naturally detox the body as well as to improve the circulation and the way that it boosts the liver and the different organs of the body. It's got a lot of different applications. Most commonly was given across the abdomen, but I've used it for knee issues. You can use it along the back, shoulder, anywhere there's honestly inflammation or healing. You can combine cash to oil with common baking soda and make like a salve or a paste that's great for like corn callouses, molds, different molds, different skin things. You can use drops in your ear. I mean, it's it's got a lot of different applications to be used with it, but you have.
Speaker 1: To know how to use it. Right me, coming off the street, not knowing anything about castor oil, to have a migraine, put it on my forehead to try to alleviate to migraine may not be the best use of it.
Speaker 3: Or well, it depends on what the cause of your migraine is, right, And so that's really the signature hallmark of egger Casey readings is he was able to go right to the underlying cause of things, and the natural ability of doing a reading was essentially, you know, like hacking into the person's own body known subconscious mind. And it's amazing to think that all of us have the information of exactly what's going on with the body and exactly what needs to be corrected or in a sense kind of realigned and coordinated and he was able to go right to it and address and the underlying cause and then select things very specifically I would benefit that individual that was available around that person at that time. Uh. And so yeah, with all the different causes of migraine headaches, if it was due to congestion or maybe you know, uh, decrease in lymphatic drainage, then sure, cash to oil would certainly be recommended. If nothing else, just combining with other oils and just doing a good massage to help tone down those nerves and improve you know, the circulation, because the underlying pattern of migraines is the dilation and constriction of the blood vests.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, good.
Speaker 2: I love how you talk about getting to the root of an issue, and I think that's something that's so lacking in kind of modern I it's non holistic medicine. Today. I went to a doctor not too long ago, I had some issue with my hands getting swelling. Yeah, and so he said, well, instead of you know, going to find out why it's causing, you know what's causing this is what I wanted to know. I can give you this prescription, sure, but that's going to cause other stuff. So I'm going to give you something for the side effects. Yeah, I'm like, well, I don't want that. I just want to know what's going on. Do I need to worry about this? Can I fix it naturally and just find what the root of the cause is?
Speaker 1: No piggybacking off of that, however, you mentioned that Aggracacy Readings was able to find what's right for that particular person in this day and age. Unfortunate, mister Case is no longer with us. So how does someone like you who practices holistic health, how do you get to the root of the problem.
Speaker 3: Well, honestly through listening and working with the individual and more or less trying to help the individual to heal themselves. Right, and again, we have all the information we need within ourselves. And it's fascinating the degree to which he was able to tap into our own lines, which literally means that all of us have the inner intuitive ability to access information and learn to listen to the body. And much of modern health care is reactive, symptom based approach to healthcare, and so that's you know, everything is really based on algorithms and protocol. So if you have these symptoms, you're going to kind of run through these steps and being reactive and symptom based. You know, you're always you know, kind of responding as an afterthought as opposed to prevention. And so a lot of things in the future, now and even the present are looking more at preventing a lot of these conditions and then being able to individualize and customize to that person. And you can find a lot of examples of this. But more importantly, how do you access that well? Using things like meditation, using things like dreams, trying different therapies and literally listening to the body to see what works.
Speaker 2: Because how do you use dream That's fascinating.
Speaker 3: I'm like, how do you use dreams to help well? First and foremost, you can incubate a dream, right, And so this is used rindly throughout esoteric you know, approaches to things where literally, if you're able to remember and write down your dreams, you can literally, as you're going to sleep, just ask a question. You can write it down, you can journal it, and you repeat it over and over and over and over and over again. And the trick is you have to be able to remember them. So whatever dream is, remember and wake up and you could certainly, you know, record the dream and then be able to interpret your own personal life. And so when I discovered how to do this is extremely helpful on a variety of things.
Speaker 1: That's a whole other rabbit hole is how to remember your dreams. But so I want to now take it back a little bit again because at the beginning we talked about the fact that you you suffer from asthma when you were young, and you helped heal yourself using the Edgar Casey readings and things like that, and you've been really intrenched in the Edgar Casey family for a while. But something you mentioned before we started recording that we really got to call out because you came from someone who was suffering from asthma to now completing a iron Man tell us about that. It's a huge accomplishment. So I want to make sure that we celebrate that.
Speaker 3: Oh well thanks, Yeah, No, completed Ironman Maryland back at September. And so it's just a very long progression of being able to, you know, build up the body to a certain point of just doing long distance endurance events. And so you know, back when I was in elementary school, I could barely just run around the fields, and so a lot of the big significant changes really came through not only changing the diets, you know, coordinating the nervous system, finding those allergens and things that were triggering it, and using the knowledge of modern medicine along with you know, courding the diet, and then learning how to train the body, and then the prevention of a lot of different aches and pains are when they come up, doing simple things to keep them at bay. And then yeah, then completing an iron Man distance of yeah, about one hundred and forty miles. It's just regular training.
Speaker 1: So a complete testament to what you're talking about, right that for meation holistically into someone who could complete an iron Man that is just astounding to me.
Speaker 2: Did you mention at issue as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, so through high school and through college, I used to have really bad popolitical effusion, which is basically swelling in the back of my knee, and even one point I dislocated my knee doing a trampoline park with my son. So those jampoline parks, oh yeah, but yeah, no, we do it on the regular now and obviously still doing these things, but just learning how to heal and approach the body and so and in fact, during during the iron Man It was funny because I had in you know, in my special needs bags, you know, castor oil mixed with Arthur oil. So yeah, so as a testament to that, you know, no blisters, no bruises, no chafing, no nothing. It just took me a day or sort of recover afterwards, because yeah, and you know, before you know, I've got my mummy food and the steel cut oats and the anti inflammatory diets and you know, using juicing and smoothies and all these things, and so just using that holistic approach of things. But the real hallmark of egger Casey's holistic approaches up here, the mind is the builder and the consciousness is the key. And if we're really going to look at anything that's going to unlock a lot of potential in the future of health care and healing, it's going to be accessing the consciousness state and accessing these different brain wave patterns and learning how to modify not only how the brain functions right because controls all the things in the body, both sensory and motor function, but also accessing our own inability to remember things past, present, and even future. So you can really go down some rabbit holes in the way that Casey described consciousness as being able to access this a unified, universal field of past, present, and even future. And of course now we have research and looking at how the brain functions, so we actually have neurons that project backwards in time. We can actually measure our response before the stimulus is actually given. And so the number one recommendation was meditation and training the conscious mind. And as we know, you know, you can train the body up until the physical point, but it's going to hit a limit. To be able to do a lot of long, especially really long endurance things, mind has to come over body and at some point it has to become a spiritual thing, like why are you doing this? What gives you motivation? And what's going to kind of get you through those really tough moments when the body's telling you, oh my god, stop, yeah, it's painful, and so forth. But every time and time again we see the human potential is what infinite and you can break through those walls and barriers and the only way to do that is by tapping into the mind and accessing the power of the consciousness.
Speaker 1: Right, So, then I love everything you're talking about, But as a newbie to all this someone who has never really dove into it at all. I'm incredibly overwhelmed with not even knowing where to start. So someone like me who's interested in this kind of thing, right, what's the best way forward? How do I get dip my toe into the world of holistic here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, just start right now in the present moment and just practicing simple mindfulness, you know, as the mind often is distracted and wants to think about this or that, just practicing simple mindfulness and keeping your focus in the here and now, which many would call just you know, like meditation, best place to start, and then finding again things that really bring you joy, whether it's you know, activities and exercises, whether it's your interactions and your relationships to other people. And the best place to really begin is right where you are now. But what is your ideal? You know? And so much of the readings would emphasize the person's ideal. You know, everybody wants to be healthy. Why do you want to be healthy? How are you going to make the world a better place?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: What's really important to you? You know? Is it the family? You know, finding your purpose with regards to helping other people. Looking at your relationships, your physical health, your your creativeness, you know, and really bringing these things forward. So know your ideal and know who you are, and start right now in the present moment and just stay, you know, concentrate on that, and these things will start to come. You know, once you're on your path, the next step will always come. So there's no need to really worry about the future or get hung up in the past, and just practicing that present moment awareness to who you are and what your ideal is, right, and those things are just going to naturally come because if you really want to be healthy, and if you know why, all of a sudden one's going to say, hey, she's try this, or you might be drawn to this, so you might have a dream right about Oh my god, I woke up in the middle of the night. I opened my fridge was packed full of orange juice, telling you, hey, maybe get some more vitamin C. Do some things that alkalinize your body, because we now know a lot of things that Casey talked about are extremely applicable, and one of those is just keeping the body in an alkaline state. And eighty percent of the food should be alkaline forming, twenty percent should be acid for me, keeping the blood system and an ideal page. You're going to resist prevent a lot of common diseases. And so the simplest place to begin, set your ideal and look at the things that you eat, what you do with your body, and what you think about. Those are the three most impactful things to our daily.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am taking notes.
Speaker 3: Well, i'll speaking of notes.
Speaker 2: You're talking about having more alkaline diet. How do you have like a website or information where someone can find all of that because I wouldn't even know where to start out how to find out what is more acid and what is more alkaline?
Speaker 3: Yeah, agarcasey dot org and they have a lot of resources there in terms of diet. And if you go to the acid alkaline diet, it's going to pull up nice little pictures, but you know, let's go ahead and spoil it. Yes, so most of your alkaline forming foods are fruits and vegetables, right, you know, and so much of the eggricasy diet is thing as close to nature as possible. In fact, you recommend everyone should grow, you know, have a little guard, grow herbs, grow things, because locally grown foods they're actually drawing minerals and the electromagnetic field vibrations from around you. So you actually become more in tune with the energy around you by eating more foods that are locally grown. And not only this, but when you look at the foods, it's how it reacts in the body, it's not the food itself. Right. So one of the most alkalinizing things you can do a little tip to prevent cold at the first sign is take about forty forty eight ounces of fresh squeeze orange juice and just squeeze two lemons in it. And the combination of oranges and lemons when you drink that, right, it's full of citric acid. But once it's metabolized, processed, and the residual byproducts put back into your blood to be eliminated, it's those residual byproducts that create an alkaline reaction in the system.
Speaker 1: See that's so counterintuitive. I would never have thought to do it in that set in that way because that is very acidic right as you're talking.
Speaker 2: But I found good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And everything's on a range, right, So there are things that are very alkaline versus a little there's things that are slightly acid forming versus very acid forming. So the simplest tips right would be avoiding vary acidic things are just twenty percent of the time. So simple way to think about is eighty percent of time, eat what you know you're supposed to eat, twenty percent of the time eat the other stuff you know, and mostly it's And the research is very clear now that supports the case based approach to die, which is avoiding ultra processed foods, a lot of the refined products and obviously things such as alcohols, and a lot of the again like white breads, white flowers, white starches and all different types of sugars right between super Low's asshle fame k. I mean, the list just goes on. So I encourage patients. You know, if you're reading labels and you can't pronounce something, you know, just blessed put it back. And at least one meal a day should be mostly raw fruits and vegetables. Do you want to have raw as well as the combination of cook things because you're going to get more vitamins out of the raw things. You're gonna get more minerals when you cook fruits and venies.
Speaker 1: You are a absolute wealth of information. If someone wanted to reach out to you to learn more about this type of holistic lifestyle or to get more information maybe work with you with these kinds of things. What's the best way for someone to reach out to you.
Speaker 3: Well, right now, they can contact the Airy Health Center. You can find me around social media pretty easy to find between Facebook, holistic natural care, you know, and so forth. But yeah, people can do consults through the Airy Health Center and call them schedule if they have any questions and so forth. But it's interesting because all this information is certainly out there. You know, Casey readings have been around for almost one hundred years now, and it's interesting that the things that were recommended a hundred years ago, many of them still apply and kind of still out of our.
Speaker 1: Time sure, but yeah, especially ahead of our time, because right now it seems like we're stuck in the dark ages of just take a pill and make it all a way. Absolutely, Doctor Monte, thank you so much for coming on the show. This is an unbelievably eye opening I know I'm going to start to try to.
Speaker 2: Eat farmers markets.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the farmers market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I feel like my lifestyle is flipped. I'm twenty percent good stuff, eighty percent bad stuff. I need to find a way to go around it. But thank you so much for coming on the show. Really appreciate it, you bet, Thank you for having me