Speaker 1: It all comes down to this.
Speaker 2: Look at some time.
Speaker 3: Okay, good guys, let's go back to the normal routine. The Initials Invitational is over. Everybody's sponsorship now lined up with the right person.
Speaker 2: Let's win for some people today, shall we.
Speaker 1: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Let's do all right, let's let's play the game.
Speaker 4: It's time for Initials Game five forty one on the Power Trip with your host Corey Cove.
Speaker 2: Thanks Zachary. Let's go around the room.
Speaker 3: Let's start with the guy who Chris just gave some real solid life advice to meat Sauce. What happens if you win Initials Game five forty one today?
Speaker 5: I am sponsored by my friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza. Head on over to your local Kowalski's market and take advantage of their seven ninety nine saill going out on all Seventh Avenue Pizza and if I win today, tweet me and tag me meat Sauce one on Twitter and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza. It's been a while since I've read this. Through the end of Sunday and one of you will win one hundred dollars to put towards restocking your freezer with seventh Avenue.
Speaker 3: Eight, Chris, What happens if you win today? I'm so glad to be back.
Speaker 1: If I win, your receive temperson off your entire order now through Monday in store, onlineer radcode dot com when you use the promo code Initials discount doesn't apply to toppers, does everything else, Thank.
Speaker 2: You rad Code.
Speaker 6: Mark Parrish, I am sponsored today my good friends at ABC American Building Contractors and if I win today, tweet at me at Mark D. Parish and tag at ABC will help through the end of Sunday and one lucky winner will win a one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Visa gift card. Let's go good guys, Mars. What happens if you win?
Speaker 7: Well, my beautiful and wonderful hometown friends at great Clips sponsor me. So if I win today, tweet me tag great Clips today through the end of Sunday, and one lucky winner will get one year of free haircuts at great Clips Salons.
Speaker 2: We're back as we're getting dripped.
Speaker 3: You can play this game all over town in the entire Twin Cities area by going to Initials.
Speaker 2: Game Live dot com.
Speaker 3: You can play with your friends, you can play with strangers and super fun so there's like twenty something bars that have signed up. If you want to host, reach out to initials game live dot com.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: One a head to three two zero five three two six. Get yourselves ready. We got some money to give away. Car come on now.
Speaker 3: Potentially gay potentially seventy four thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Now it's time for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials Jackpope.
Speaker 2: You heard him, seventy four to five. Man, you're looking to buy a new car, you can.
Speaker 1: Buy seven of them with that save money your new current car loan. You can do that. The Saint Paul Federal Credit Union now for in Carlan rates is low at six point two nine percent.
Speaker 2: Apply today.
Speaker 1: It's Sat Paul fu dot org slash kfan federally insured by the NCUA.
Speaker 2: Man, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Five hundred dollars every week, that's what it goes up. It's a progressive jack. It hasn't been hitting a couple of years now. So we're up to seventy four five hundred dollars if the caller gets one in the right spot. Which happened was that last week or the week before? I think it was last week, last week, last week. If you get one letter in the right spot, you still win two hundred and fifty bucks, which is sweet. But if you just tell me both of them, both of them gets you seventy four, five hundred dollars thanks to the great people at Saint Paul Federal Credit Union. It's happened twice. This is by far the biggest. Let's see if it happens today. Good morning, What is your name and where are you from?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 1: My name is Nina and I'm calling from Alexandria. Oh I love Alexandria.
Speaker 2: That place rules.
Speaker 3: Did you say Naima like our old coworker Naima? How do you spell your name?
Speaker 1: I spell it am?
Speaker 3: I am a am Mi Nina Mina?
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no am like Nancy?
Speaker 3: Right, so Nina, but yeah, n A got it? Nina.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like a Boston accent person pronouncing the San Francisco forty nine ers nine. All right, So Nia from Alexandria. Well, who cares how you say your name? You can say it any way you want to do. Win seventy four thousand, five hundred dollars. How sweet would that be?
Speaker 2: That goes a long way? In Alexander.
Speaker 1: You could call me anything if I won the.
Speaker 3: I guess, Nina, I'm gonna take you up in that offer. Nina, what letters are you guessing that might be worth? We're worth seventy four five hundred dollars. Go for it, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm going to choose the letter R L R and then L R L. Come on now a N L.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, give it to her seven four or five on the line. If she has one in the right spots, she still wins two hundred and fifty dollars. Does Nina from Alexandria have at least one right for two fifty and is she alive for a shot at seventy four thousand, five hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: I mean you seem nice? Sorry? Sorry sorry, sorry? Ok, yeah, all right, No, well crap, yep, they are Noel.
Speaker 7: You know, people from Alexandria. If you live there, you call it Alex. Oh yeah, but if you're an outsider, you'd say Alex Alex. But she would say I live in alec.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I didn't like it when I was calling it alex place in the state tournament at all gorgeous it is.
Speaker 3: I love it, that place is great forty It would have been a little bit better. It would have been a little bit better if she'd won, right, I tell yeah, yeah, we'd have been just flooded with more money.
Speaker 1: There's a breakfast joint downtown that's been there since like nineteen twelve or something like that. It's just great. Love that place, Yes, love it, love Alec or Alex or whatever the hell.
Speaker 3: Game five forty one will feature the initials FC.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. The letters FC best out of twelve. These can be.
Speaker 3: People, places, things, phrases. If you haven't heard this game in a while, we've been playing it for like eleven years. The podcast has all five hundred and forty previous episodes.
Speaker 2: Here we go number one of FC.
Speaker 3: Clue number one, first sold commercially in the nineteen thirties.
Speaker 2: Clue number two is a mixture.
Speaker 5: I'll bite Paul, Yeah, Folgers coffee.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's great, guess sauce out for the rest of number one.
Speaker 2: Clue number three.
Speaker 3: It sounds like it should contain alcohol. Clue number four often appears in glasses or bowls. Clue number five often canned. This is also a cafeteria staple.
Speaker 2: HM hmm.
Speaker 3: Final clue clue number six peaches, pineapples mark was first? No, hang on, sorry, no Marnie five? Or can I back out three? It's the last one. I mean, I guess I haven't finished the clue yet, so you technically can back out peaches, pineapples, cherries, grapes and pears five?
Speaker 2: Or how was it not too hawk? Fruit combo No?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 2: Four three two one.
Speaker 3: Clue three coffee clue three sounds like it should contain alcohol?
Speaker 2: Is the key here? Oh uh, it doesn't help. Yeah. I was going to say cup, and then Pairs said it.
Speaker 3: That is a fruit cocktail. That's a fruit cocktail. Is close, but cocktail is the keyword there. You got to have that part of it right. Fruit cup and fruit cocktail are not the same.
Speaker 7: No, fruit cocktail has the h cherries right, Yeah we're rusty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are rusty cocktail. I really thought it was right. I didn't too. I didn't too.
Speaker 3: That's why I hit the is convinced you were going to say it. I jumped the gun. Nobody gets fruit cocktail. Here's number two of FC clue number one. This is relative. Clue number two is not yours. Clue number three features borders. Clue number four has laws. Clue number five commonly requires a level of permission or access to enter.
Speaker 1: Oh, foreign country.
Speaker 2: That's right, foreign country.
Speaker 1: Boy, well then thank you.
Speaker 3: Foreign country gets a Chris on the board and a one point nothing. Good guys, all right, good guy, all right, Chris has one. Here's number three of FC. Clue number one commonly rectangular. Clue number two holds or carries something. Clue number three has sliding doors. Clue number four.
Speaker 2: Can be refrigerated. Clue number five.
Speaker 3: Has wheels, mark yep, food cart, parish out for the rest of number three, not food card. Here's the final clue of number three. Clue number six transports goods or materials on rail. Sometimes more than a hundred of these are in a row five, four, three, two one. You guys are rusty. What's a car? Freight car?
Speaker 2: Cars?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, of course, yeah, right after I right, I'm the one that gets it.
Speaker 1: God, dang it.
Speaker 2: It's a freight car. And it was a trained thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, son of a beach.
Speaker 2: Okay, real bad, We go. Now, let's go. Let's go. We got a three warm up. Let's go. Can you win with two? You can win with one.
Speaker 3: Maybe nine, Chris can win with the worst score in the history of this game. We're three three and the only one that scored so far is Chris. Chris has one. Here's number four of FC. Clue number one off and considered optimistic. Clue number two often considered lighthearted or amusing. Clue number three are mostly hollow. Clue number four often feature numbers.
Speaker 2: Clue number five.
Speaker 3: These are considered shell shaped or folded over.
Speaker 2: Mark, Mark French great, Oh, come on, They're always numbered and we're very amusing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I missed the number part.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. You know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Going on, fruit cup, food cart and French create your swing. You are hungry as hell this morning. Uh no, perish out for the rest of number four. Final clue Clue number six don't eat the prophecy or prediction. Marnie fortune cookie.
Speaker 2: So fortune cookie bad.
Speaker 1: I got nothing, Chad nothing. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I got somebod it ain't working it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mark, you're hungry. Fortune cookies edible. I want to have the wrong food.
Speaker 2: I want breakfast and I want to go to bed. Marns has one, Hawk has one. Here's number five.
Speaker 3: See Clue number one can be one or two words.
Speaker 2: Clue number two.
Speaker 3: Definitely not required to be, but almost exclusively are rectangular.
Speaker 2: Clue number three.
Speaker 3: Involves repetition or repeated exposure. Clue number four now have digital versions, but historically have been handheld and made of sturdy or solid paper. Clue number five aid in retention, Paul, Paul, flash card.
Speaker 2: That's right, a flash card.
Speaker 1: Almost went down in history.
Speaker 2: Just now is the worst guest of all time.
Speaker 1: I almost said photo copy.
Speaker 2: I almost.
Speaker 3: That's the difference for f O T O.
Speaker 1: I appreciated it with some of my guesses.
Speaker 3: Really would flash cards get sauce on the board? We have a three way tie, Parish. That's the good news. It's so far you're only one back. I don't know how.
Speaker 2: This artie sauce.
Speaker 3: In hockey, you have one parashitte to score, but there's seven items to go of FC. Here's number six of FC. Clue number one a form of protection.
Speaker 2: Clue number two.
Speaker 3: This is performed or executed by one person. Clue number three often involves temporarily looking up. Clue number four involves a wave. Clue number five this requires a decision and then a signal Marnie yep, free catch. Wow, Mark Paul was next year catch fair catch? Oh, Marns, you're gonna regret that one. That's a fair catch, not a free catch. Sauce swoops in on fair catch. How do you feel that you figured it out but said free catch?
Speaker 2: Terrible?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you knew what you were going for there, but that is incorrect. Fair catch gets Sauce the lead at halftime. Oh, yay, before me at halftime is Kendrick Lamar go for it. Hi, He's gotten worse over the years. That's the best he can do. He does basically scatting slash country music.
Speaker 2: Now some changes, all right. Sauce has two Marny and Hawk each have one.
Speaker 3: Halfway through. Here's number seven of FC. Clue number one you can have this clue number to still includes some level of adversity. Clue number three often follows a struggle. Clue number four can feature low but not impossible odds.
Speaker 2: Marnie yep, fat chance.
Speaker 5: That's a really good that's a really good.
Speaker 2: Marney's out to the rest of numbers. Seven.
Speaker 5: That is a great guess.
Speaker 2: Clue number five.
Speaker 3: This means a goal or challenge is still attainable.
Speaker 2: I think she knows it. No clue number six.
Speaker 3: If you have an opportunity to succeed despite obstacles, you still have this five four three Paul French crape five four three two one.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Finally, I don't countdown. If you have almost no chance, right, then it's fat chance. Right.
Speaker 3: If you have a chance, you still have a chance. That's a fighting chance. It's a fighting chance.
Speaker 2: That's right, they are we are.
Speaker 3: That's five though, because that's another one that Marnie was on the right track. But that's a you can have a fighting chance. If you still have a chance. I'm going to give you a fighting.
Speaker 2: Let's go, what do you.
Speaker 3: Do over there?
Speaker 2: All right? So we have missed three. We've missed three. I'll by the way, I think the record is.
Speaker 3: I want to say it's four, buts can work it up for me. Five to go, Sauce, you have the lead with two. Marnie and Hockey each have one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, we got now we go remember doing that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty of time. Here's number eight to FC clue number one.
Speaker 3: One of the words is Spanish for ash tree clue number two in a sense debuted in the eighteen eighties. Clue number three has a connection to grapes. Clue number four is connected to bulldogs.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Clue number five this is adjacent to the Sierra Nevada Range.
Speaker 2: Marnie. Marnie was first Fresno, California.
Speaker 5: Dang it.
Speaker 1: I hesitated because I've gotten so many wrong.
Speaker 2: And then he said, oh, I thought of it, but I was like, no way, I'm right again. Was that the selling you were going to do with fat Chance? I don't know that walk back and forth? I know, are you okay?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: It just got real hot, all right.
Speaker 3: Marny with Fresno California, has tied Sauce for the lead. You each have two, Hawk has one Parish.
Speaker 2: Get to score.
Speaker 7: It's at chess Cocket's home coming with Home's.
Speaker 1: I like that. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I have a god smack you paid. Maybe you're distracting. Marni has two. Sauce has two, Hawk has one parish. There's four left fl time. Here's number nine of FC. Clue number one found in video games, TV shows, movies, and more.
Speaker 3: Clue number two is a person or bean hawk go for it fictional character.
Speaker 2: That's right, guys, very good fictional character, and we have a three way.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be like a good shooter getting a couple of free throws and seeing the ball go through the hole.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's picking up speedy. That's a basketball reference. What Hawk, that's a basketball reference? Three ago. Everybody's so mathematically in this game.
Speaker 3: The other night, he's got your conchoos with who had tickets.
Speaker 2: But just couldn't make it, couldn't make it.
Speaker 3: Schedule all don stuff, Hawk, Sauce and Marnie have two paris.
Speaker 2: You can just run the table and win.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: Here's number ten of FC.
Speaker 3: Clue number one commonly mostly white. Clue number two considered high quality.
Speaker 2: Clue number three.
Speaker 3: Can feature intricate patterns or designs. Clue number four considered durable, consisting of clay or quartz.
Speaker 2: Clue number five. This is often used for special occasions. Paul, yep find China's.
Speaker 3: I am that is correct, and that gives Sauce the lead and does mathematically eliminate Mark. We keep going, Sauce, you have three and with two to go, okay, so you get either of the remaining two. Paul, you win Game five forty one? Good luck, okay, Hawk and Marnie need one to tie. Parish keep playing. Here's number eleven. Sauces going for the win. Number eleven of FC clue number one. This is considered a milestone. Clue number two often involves the entire family. Clue number three this involves a child, typically.
Speaker 2: Mark Mark first.
Speaker 3: Community.
Speaker 2: That's right, Oh, good job, curse communion. You didn't get shut out, regular French creek.
Speaker 6: Could you hear the hesitancy in my voice right there?
Speaker 5: There's never been a more confident answer in the initials game that would perish.
Speaker 2: It was because I thought I was right for their number. They're amusing I might have forgot them.
Speaker 3: All right, Simple as this, Sauce, you get this, you win. Marnie, you get this. We have a tiebreaker between the two of you. Hawk, you get this, and we have a tiebreaker between the two of you. If Parish gets this right, Sauce, you also are the winner.
Speaker 2: Excellent, all right.
Speaker 3: So Sauce going for the win, Marti and Hawk going for the tie. Here's the final item, Number twelve of FC clue number one, often rectangular. Clue number two often considered tall and narrow. Clue number three can be made of plastic or wood, but are most commonly metal. Clue number four can feature locking mechanisms.
Speaker 2: Clue number five used for organization and storage mark mark Wildcat.
Speaker 3: Saw and that gets Saucy finish line.
Speaker 2: Saucy Saucy.
Speaker 3: Saucy Sauce wins with free That's been a while, Sauce.
Speaker 2: What happens now now that I've won tag Me and Seventh Avenue pizzaid one?
Speaker 5: If you could win one hundred dollars to put towards restocking your freezer with Seventh Avenue Pizza, tag Me and Seventh Avenue Pizza through them the Sunday.
Speaker 3: I think it's only happened when three or four times ever that somebody has won with three points.
Speaker 2: It's like it's the lowest.
Speaker 3: It's sever be No one's ever won with two, so three is the record for the low scorer as a winner.
Speaker 2: Thanks Perry.
Speaker 6: I'm glad I came up with something because that was getting embarrassing real quick.
Speaker 2: I was a fair catch away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, free catch was the difference, right that one swings the other way and you have three and he.
Speaker 2: Is too so close.
Speaker 3: I thought you had a fighting chance to win the day.
Speaker 1: But chant I had folding chair for just crystals, and I just a out of practice, but I do know this. I'm also distracted because we have a giant announcement coming right up on the Power Trap or on the Paul Allen Show, is right after here, a giant giant. Uh well, it is good news the announcement. It is a giant announcement for all of you out there.
Speaker 2: Subject.
Speaker 7: Oh you'll see you can't such all alan.
Speaker 1: I cannot. I was told not to. I'm just supposed to say a giant announcement coming right up on the on the Paul Allen Show.
Speaker 2: Giant. Well, it must be big because the big is over here, the big but prog director?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, sorry, yeah, I thought you said big.
Speaker 6: P D.
Speaker 3: Peter Mayhew, who is a giant BA but he's dead. He is dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't knowbody?
Speaker 2: Sorry, who cares? If you're stuffed up?
Speaker 3: You won you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did it? How do you feel? I feel great?
Speaker 1: You know? You don't sound like you feel great?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't feel you sound like.
Speaker 1: Sound like Tony the Tiger.
Speaker 7: Tony, what's up when you rang in with filing cabinet?
Speaker 2: Why so serious? Uh?
Speaker 1: I never like ruining the game. I mean it could have been a DIY. You gotta play it straight up, straight up, and I couldn't tell.
Speaker 2: My confidence was a little shot by then, so I wasn't quite positive. I was right. You gotta go for it. That's the fair thing to do, man, I gotta play it straight up.
Speaker 1: I just read something sad Professor McGonagall. Smith passed Yeah, yeah, from Dunton Abbey of course as well, and Harry Potter passed away at the age of eighty nine. Rest in peace. She was really good, man, run. That was the perfect casting for that character for that movie. We just loved Harry Potter and the old hockey so good.
Speaker 2: So I probably should sit through those about half the first one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they cry a lot.
Speaker 2: I cried a lot.
Speaker 1: But you say hot, I don't know what I said.
Speaker 3: Okay, it doesn't matter. You can win knowing you were victorious. You did it, and Marnie gave you free catch. I tried to free catch.
Speaker 2: You would have been so pupped at Marty. What you hate that?
Speaker 5: I want you hate my guts? Just an in Sorry, Yeah, coming out of Cory.
Speaker 1: You got to say where are you going? Where you're doing or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Taking the family to Europe for a week and change that.
Speaker 3: Man. It's really dumb though, to schedule a trip to London when the Vikings are going to London. Because everyone's like, oh, you're going for the Vikings. I'm like, actually, I'm avoiding the Vikings. We're going to Scotland when the Vikings get to London. So the second you guys are there, I'm I'm already out of the country by like two days.
Speaker 2: So it is crazy.
Speaker 3: We've seen that with with Vegas, how the airlines gouge football travelers. So flying back from Edinburgh on Monday instead of Heathrow saved me a fortune. I bet to avoid flying back from London when everybody else from the Vikings is flying back from London.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy. So yeah, London and Scotland but not for the Vikings, completely separate.
Speaker 1: That's that's interesting to be the best, right, Yeah, be good man, that's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my girl travel is awesome, as you know, we have to change that. We got to get you out of this country.
Speaker 3: But my girls have never been to London, so they're way more pumped for London. But you know been they're done that, right, saucy. So I'm pumped for Scotland. I've heard nothing but great things about Scotland. Yeah, visit my land if you would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've got three foot by three foot diameter piece of Scotland. That makes me a lord.
Speaker 3: And it's nice to have I have my nephew staying over at my house, house sitting and dogs sitting.
Speaker 2: It's nice to have nephews old enough to watch the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, party central, oh yeah, doing.
Speaker 2: So many coke right now.
Speaker 3: But Drew is like the most responsible kid of all time anyway, So even though it's a party that he throws, go for it to be.
Speaker 2: Like a super smart person. He's very smart too. But you're thinking of my other nephew, Daniel. He's the like astrophysicist. What is that?
Speaker 1: That's the dog on the Jetsons?
Speaker 3: Same thing we think Drew thinks of that, probably doesn't love it that I just refer to. I'm like, yeah, Drew smart, but the other one is the smart one.
Speaker 1: They're both awesome, right, last chance Marns vikes Packers who wins?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's that's that's a purple win.
Speaker 7: Thank you and it's it's close though.
Speaker 2: It's twenty four to seventeen.
Speaker 1: Right, what about the Lynx.
Speaker 7: Links in four, links in four? Our Connecticut headed to the WNBA finals is my prediction.
Speaker 1: Let's go, man, how much Sunday?
Speaker 2: In Game one, Target Center.
Speaker 5: Saucy, what you got, brother, the Vikings win thirty five twenty eight Gophers or Michigan. The Michigan wins six, Steve and they rubbed the ball a lot of up.
Speaker 2: Third out, Perry, uh bikes. I'm gonna go twenty four to twenty one, real tight.
Speaker 1: I like that that score a lot, and I'm gonna go with the exact same thing.
Speaker 3: What do you think, cor My cop out is this? I think we lose. If it's love, we win. If it's Malik Willis.
Speaker 1: All you need is love, you need is love.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be close to the way though.
Speaker 3: I think the Viking's got something for him.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Now, Ion is next with the big announcement.
Speaker 1: It sounds's announcement coming right up, buddy, don't go nowhere, powered your back five. We're gonna keep the We're gonna keep the camera on. So kafe dot com slash watch Bye, everybody, have a.
Speaker 3: Day we can love you.
Speaker 1: The watch away second, Arry, come on, Marks, Oh the fly you got.
Speaker 2: It, buddy.
Speaker 1: Bye, everybody, have a wonderful day right out. I love you