Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine in the games, Mike the Bulldog Beyond you Jr.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page brought to this Well, Taco Bob, you're sponsoring the sports page this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh you better believe it, because I'm out tomorrow Modern Concepts Home Design Center in Holly Hill. I'm gonna be out there starting at two. We have they're given away over nine thousand dollars in prizes, big flooring things. They're giving away part of the kitchen, and we're gonna have concert tickets every half hour.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: It's off North Never Road in Holly Hill. Tomorrow Modern Concepts Modern Concepts Home Design Center.
Speaker 2: Starts to two. We'll see you there, all right, Bulldog, Good morning. So we had the last of the first four last night and today it all begins in earnest.
Speaker 3: Absolutely n Cuba Tournament bracketology. Baby, I filled out my bracket early early this morning. I know you guys have your brackets filled out. Of course, you're only allowed one bracket. You cannot fill out multiple brackets. That is against the rules. So yes, A Xavier did beat Texas last night. So one at one of the fourteen SEC teams is now out of it. Mount Saint Mary's defeat defeats Xavier. I'm sorry, Xavier defeats No what would Mount st. Mount Saint Mary's defeated American University. Xavier beats Texas. Right there you go. So those were the the last of the first four games. So the actual bracket now is set. So I filled out my preliminary bracket this morning, and I don't like it because I went chalk. I was picking every game who I thought would win, and I ended up with like four number one seeds in the final four. So I'm gonna I'm gonna change that because I do think there's gonna be some potential upsets this year. By the way, watch out for Yale over Saint Mary's and New Mexico over Kentucky. All right, those are a couple of upsets to look out for. Of course, I'm picking the Gators to win the National Championship. Why is that? Because I like to pick my bracket by the storylines, and the Gators would be the best storyline obviously for us in Orlando, because they are the only State of Florida team in the tournament.
Speaker 2: So everybody have fun screwing off at work today, work at least the afternoon portion.
Speaker 1: I told Pat when they made me do that little punishment at sales for a little bit, that was the only good thing about it was the boss was a huge college basketball fan. He goes, hey, come with me, we gotta go do some work. And he brought me to Obargo.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: He goes, bracket time, March madness. They go, you get go team, This is all right. Magic could have used a little extra hard work last night. They fell short against Houston.
Speaker 4: Dog back to live, back to reality, The Magic return to the team who we thought they were, the team that can't shoot.
Speaker 3: They made only nine to thirty five to three pointers last night. That's twenty five percent. They lose to the Houston Rockets one sixteen to one oh eight. Houston is playing like one of the best teams in the league right now, their second in the West. I hate to say this, all right, but you know, I think there's a sort of a narrative out there that the Magic are. You know, they're an up and coming one of the best up and coming young teams in the league. Well, I got news for you. You look at what the Rockets are doing. You look at what the Oklahoma City Thunder are doing. You look at what the Detroit Pistons are doing. All three of those teams are just as young, if not younger, than the Magic. And when you see what they're doing this year, the Magic need to get it going because right now, not only are they a mediocre NBA team, they aren't even one of the best young teams in the league. So a wake up call for the Orlando Magic last night. There are a lot of good young teams out there, and the Magic are lagging behind where the yard signs at.
Speaker 1: By the way, ei they're in the garage have been since you ordered me to take him down. Hasn't helped. Hey, hey, bulldog, how's the how's the let's say disagreement between you and your fellow columnist over there at the Sentinel, Scott Maxwell doing over this baseball situation in Orlando.
Speaker 3: Well, Scott was out of town yesterday. I'm trying to get him on the show to have a debate with him about this. But yeah, Scott Maxwell, of the news columnists at the Sentinel, he has poo pooed any Orlando effort to try to bring Major League baseball and try to bring the Tampa Bay Rays over to Orlando. Of course, I'm all on board with it. And as is his custom, anything that has to do with sports, Scott Maxwell is against. He was against building the arena, He was against putting money into the football stadium. If it were up the Scott Maxwell, we wouldn't have any sports in town. All we would have would be roads and you know, whatever causes.
Speaker 2: So is he not a sports fan even or is it just he's opposed to any funds going in disc.
Speaker 3: And in philosophically he's against building putting any public funds towards building sports venues for billionaire owners, And philosophically, I guess he's right. Philosophically, I don't think we should be helping billionaires build their their palatial stadiums. But if you want a Major League Baseball team, an NBA team, or an NFL team, the three major sports in this cun you're gonna have to put some public funds in it into it because if you don't, somebody else will say.
Speaker 2: The same one, same question though. Is he a sports fan.
Speaker 3: He's a He's actually a big college basketball fan. Went to the University of North Carolina. I don't know how big of a sports fan he is other than college basketball, though, I don't think he's a big sports fan.
Speaker 2: I just all the stuff you just reeled out. I get, you know, his perspective, but he also you got to look at the long term, big picture of the revenue engine that major league sports brings to any city. That is said, that's a benefit to the community.
Speaker 3: Well that's again again I hate to agree with Scott Maxwell, but that's debatable too. And the reason that's debatable is because yes, major League sports does create revenue. But Scott Maxwell's argument is it's revenue that would have been spent elsewhere anyway. Like, for instance, people who go to baseball games and you know, spend money, Well, if they didn't spend it at a baseball game, they'd be spending it somewhere else, would they not. So that's his that's his argument. The fact of the matter is I want to have a baseball team because it's fun to go to baseball games.
Speaker 2: It would be great.
Speaker 1: Do I see it happening.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: But Scott Maxwell's it sounds he's just like one of those guys, Oh well, it would be doing this, didn't he do the no Rina stickers.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: All that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was against all the venues that were built, except I think he was for the performing arts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, yeah, yes, that's that's we make an exception for the arts. I guess I.
Speaker 1: Gotta ask you, Pat, You and I never said who are brackets are? Who we had winning the whole thing.
Speaker 5: We're filling out something called the bikini bracket. I know, but right now we have this those brackets. I've been doing some research now that I have the internet again, we have dog with the Gators.
Speaker 2: I'm going duke. I've been big duke.
Speaker 5: Pat, who you got, I'll jump in and take Wafford?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Hey, real quick, your mead heeads. Detroit Lions have proposed a new rule. Do you see this?
Speaker 2: What's the rule?
Speaker 3: The new rule in the NFL is that the playoff seatings would be based on your actual record, not whether you want a division or not, which I like.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea.
Speaker 3: The Lions that proposed that, and they think that hey, just if you win a bad division, you shouldn't be seated higher than a better team that finishes second in a much better division.
Speaker 1: Like it guys. I also researched what we were talking about off the air before the sports page. Sister Gene is still alive.
Speaker 2: From what I'm seeing, it's Loyola in the tournament. I don't know, all right, the Lightning tough or tough game tonight against one of the better teams in the league, Dallas Stars will see how they do. Mike the Bulldog Bionchy, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to nine. The game.
Speaker 3: By the way, Happy birthday to Rollins, to Rollins graduate Fred mister Rogers Today
Speaker 1: Oh Oh Colle on w JR R Orlandos Rock station,