Speaker 1: Now your host for World Series Dodger Talks.
Speaker 2: Sound Off Angelinos, Tim Cats. Time to celebrate Los Angeles. The Dodgers are World Series champions in twenty twenty four. Welcome to postgame Dodger Talk here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. You're a home of the Dodgers live everywhere on the IHAR Radio app. What a night for the City of Angels as the Los Angeles Dodgers defeats the New York Yankees by a final of seventy six in a thrilling game in the Bronx tonight, the Yankees jumping all over Jack Flarity, who couldn't get out of the second inning. Things did not look good for the boys in Blue down five nothing after three innings, and then the Yankees helped the Dodgers in a tremendous way. Two airs and a miscue in the fifth inning by the Yankees defense opened the door for the Dodgers to score five runs in the top half of the fifth inning. They tied the score at five. Yankees reed took the lead at the bottom of the sixth, but the Dodgers in the top half of the eighth inning, manufacturing runs. Gavin lux Is sackfly scoring Key k Hernandez, and then Mookie Betts a great piece of hitting a sack five to right center field, scoring Tommy Edmond. The Dodgers took a seven to six lead the bottom of the eighth Blake Trinon went back out and pitched for Dave Roberts, who pieced together a bullpen performance of the ages tonight. After Jack Flaherty couldn't get out of the second inning, Blake Trining comes back in the bottom half of the eighth inning, Aaron Judge with a one out double down the left field line. Jazz Chisholm walked, they got the time base at second the tie run at second base, and that's when gen Carlos Stanton swings at the first pitch and pops out to right field for the second out of the eighth inning. And then in a great at bat and pitching from Blake trying to strike out Anthony Rizzo on four pitches, a sweeper that had Anthony Rizzo on skates in the box for the final out of the eighth inning. The Dodgers come back in the bottom half of the ninth inning, still with a one run lead, and walker bleep and Bueler comes out of the bullpen and finishes off the ninth inning with a one two three inning, including the strikeout of Alex Verdugo, the former Dodger, to end the game, and then poses on the grass in the Bronx to celebrate as the Dodgers ran downto the field and celebrate the eighth franchises title as World Series Champions. Unbelievable tonight at Yankee Stadium. A great game, an emotional rollercoaster in an up and down Dodger offense, a Dodger bullpen that came in and saved Jack Flaherty after he goes in inning in the third, Anthony Bonda, Ryan Brasier, Michael Kopek, Alex Vesia, Bruce, darc Graderal, who walked three, gets picked up by Blake Trinon, who was huge tonight. Blake Trinon goes two and a third innings, did not allow a run, just the one hit, struck out three through forty two pitches. He was rested after not pitching since Game two, and he was ready to go for Dave Roberts Tonight, who then had nobody else to go to, had nobody else he could call upon because the four other Dodger relievers all pitched last night and weren't available tonight in Game five. So Walker Buehler goes down to the Dodgers' bullpen in the sixth inning, says he wants in gets into the ninth inning, and what it would have been in a Game seven starter, No need for that, have him pitch the ninth close out this game and the Dodgers are World Series champions eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. A lot of people celebrating here in southern California, please please be safe. Please watch for people around you. If you're outside celebrating out in public, please be careful out there. It's a great time to celebrate here in the City of Angels, but do it safely, please, As the Dodgers are bringing home a World Series championship eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. This is postgame Dodger Talk on your home of the Los Angeles Dodgers, your home of the twenty twenty four World Series champions and of course right here on the iHeartRadio Network. All right, let's go out to the phones. We're gonna be here until midnight tonight. Taking your phone calls. An extended version of Postgame Dodger Talk here on Anti seventy LA Sports eight six nine, five seventy. We'll start things off with Carl and Santa Ana. You're first up on this world series edition of Postgame Dodger Talk. Carl, how you doing?
Speaker 3: Oh amen, Timmy boy, this is the best ever Crazy Carl from Sena edna Is nineteen eighty eight recapped all over again. This is the greatest thing. Puts the whole through the feeling like a ten year old. It was fantastic, It was great. It was the God bless America for Fernando. Rest in peace came down from heaven, guided the arm of Walker Bueller through that nineteen inning, guided the arm of Blake trying through these games of Game one, two and now Game five.
Speaker 4: Jesus, thank you. Everything came to pieces. It was a team effort, despite the tragedies of maybe Max Munsey not coming through this game, through this series, but he delivered. Every buddy was a part coming through all the way. It was a team effort, and that's what I love. Reminded me so much of eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Team effort. Everyone played a.
Speaker 5: Role, We all carried through. Timmy Boy, we all took it listening to you in Saxony in the morning. It was fantastic watching the fireworks blast.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. I love it, Timmy boy.
Speaker 2: All right, Carl, I appreciate the phone call. Thanks for the love. Yeah, a night to celebrate. Hopefully you punched a wall, a hole in the wall, and your hand is okay, not worried about the wall, but more worried about the hand. So be careful out there. It is celebrating time right now in the San Fernando Valley. I can tell you fireworks still going off at this late hour as we look upon the San Fernando Valley here in the eight one to eight. Also the celebration in east of La watching it right now and our friends courtesy of Fox Lovid, our buddies that sports and at LA are still on the air and celebrating. On the postgame show. We're going to hear from the manager, Dave Roberts when he gets to the podium coming up in just a little bit. We're also gonna hear from show Hey Otani, who is now a World Series champion. Show Hey Otani went o for for Tonite, but that gets all wiped away with the Dodgers win over the New York Yankees, and what a season he had. Fifty to fifty club most likely gonna win the MVP of the regular season and show Heyotani at times carrying this team through the twenty twenty four season parts of the postseason hurts. His shoulder still plays through it. We'll find out in the offseason what the extent of the shoulder injury really is. But what a twenty twenty four season and a first season in Dodger Blue for show hey Otani, who spent six seasons in Anaheim never once sniffed the postseason, never once even made it to the wild Card round, and in his first season with the Dodgers, show Hey Otani is a World Series champion. Eight six, nine seventy. Nick and long Beach next up here on Dodger Talk on FI seventy ELA Sports. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Nick?
Speaker 7: Still can't believe it?
Speaker 8: Tim, It has been an.
Speaker 9: Absolute roller coaster, and as you know, as everybody at the station knows, we ride with our boys through sick and thin, and even though it got grim, you know, three innings in tonight, I think everybody said this team this year. The resiliency, the the stick to itiveness, the fact that they play for each other.
Speaker 5: Unreal that we.
Speaker 9: Put it on the Yankees to force their hand to make those mental errors. And if I could just take a shout out to some of my boys we've been going through this series through these last few weeks.
Speaker 3: Jacob out of Miami, my boy.
Speaker 9: Corey and New York, and all my guys here in La Steven Manny, Freddy, Kevin and Rudy. This is we did it, guys, Timmy, we did it. And it's it's going to be a hard time to sleep, But who needs sleep when you're a champion, no.
Speaker 2: Doubt about it. It's time to celebrate. It's time to celebrate in the responsible way. Los Angeles. Please, if you're out there again, celebrate, have a great time. The Dodgers are World Series champions. But please celebrate responsibly. Please celebrate responsibly. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. Hey sus and Pomona the nine oh nine checking in what's going on out there tonight? Are they celebrating the street to the nine to nine? Oh Hey, sus, there we go.
Speaker 3: World champions.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: That we are the world champions of this baseball.
Speaker 2: I hear dog barking, Hey, sus is it is it popping out there in the.
Speaker 5: Nine nine yees?
Speaker 3: My dog is here excited.
Speaker 10: My kids were here.
Speaker 11: They were celebrating with me.
Speaker 12: What a wonderful.
Speaker 13: Celebration we had here at home.
Speaker 12: I wish I was in New York, Bud, this me talking to you.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll beap the best.
Speaker 12: Top on the k Tammy.
Speaker 3: I'm happy.
Speaker 12: I'm happy. I've been waiting for this.
Speaker 14: For twelve long years, since twenty ten when we were almost there.
Speaker 5: But I'm happy for Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Hey, sous, appreciate the phone call. Thanks for checking in. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is our number. Want you to be a part of this show. Tonight eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy, we're celebrating a Dodgers World Series championship, and we're talking about what a great season it is, what a great postseason run it was, and what a Game five of this World Series in New York tonight, the Dodgers down five to nothing. They come all the way back to tie it with a five run fifth inning. They fall behind against six to five, only to score two runs to the top half of the eighth inning. As the Dodgers get the win, Walker Bleepin Bueller comes in and closes it out for the same Blake try and picks up the win, his second of the postseason. As the Dodgers are your World Series champions. Here in twenty twenty four, Rome in Covena, Rome, what's going on in Covina to night? Everybody celebrate responsibly?
Speaker 3: Oh, we're good, We're all good.
Speaker 6: You know what, Dave, Dave freaking Roberts started coaching his ass off from Game four against the Padres, and you know what, people were talking about this he's done. You know what, Dave freaking Roberts coached his ass off.
Speaker 2: Yes he did, Yes he did. Rome, I appreciated Dave Roberts, all all the praise to him. I think Freddie Freeman said it best on the post game. It's time to give Dave Roberts his flowers for what he's done and the way he orchestrated this Dodgers pitching staff this postseason. Let's remember everybody, okay as we celebrate and have a good time. This was a Dodgers rotation that was absolutely depleted by injuries. Think about the guys who weren't a part of this postseason run. Walker Bueller was, Clayton Kershaw was not Gavin Stone, was not Tyler glass Now was not River Ryan not here. This was a Dodger pitching staff decimated by injuries. Kyle Hurt was a part of this team. Emmit Shean, going back to the beginning of the season, a part of this team. Tony Gonslin never saw the mound in twenty twenty four recovering from Tommy John surgery. Dustin May we never saw this season. And despite all that, they go in a postseason run, and when they get to the World Series they need bullpen games. And then tonight Jack Felerity, one of the three starters they actually have in the World Series, can't get out of the second inning, so it becomes another bullpen game. Freddie Freeman's the MVP of the World Series. But you know who else is an MVP the bullpen. Every one of those dogs down in the bullpen deserve praise, all of them, from Honeywell to Kopek, to Vesia, Gradol, Knack, Trynan, Brasier, Bonda, Hudson, all those dudes down there, Casparius. All of them contributed in this World Series, most of them multiple times. And tonight one, two, three, four, five, six, seven different relievers coming out of the bullpen, including Walker, Bleep and Bueller to close it out in the ninth inning. Those guys are dogs down to the bullpen. They took the challenge, they accepted the challenge, and they helped this Dodgers team to a World Series championship. I'm telling you, the bullpen is a big, big part of why the Dodgers right now are celebrating and coming home with the World Series Championship trophy. The bullpen. The bullpen was nails all postseason long. Manuel Guardina, my man, Manuel, what's going on?
Speaker 15: Buddy?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 16: Kim Man Well, first off, Doc Roberts.
Speaker 13: Andrew Friedanan Gomes Man the best in the business. You know, we're lucky to have those guys. You know, we knew for a while now. I think that when those guys were getting on days and they had that in house meeting, the players meeting, That's when I knew this team had the heart to make the destiny happen. And tonight we saw that man Walker, Bueller, Blake trying bro. Man, that guy's such an unsung hero.
Speaker 16: And another guy that never gets the credit, Anthony Bonda. How many times did we turn to that guy? My boy Nick called him out like months ago. He was like, watch, Anthony Bonda is going to be a major player in our team's victory of the championship. Because we knew it, man, this was our year. We've seen it for years. The only difference was that this team just had heart of a champion, heart of a lion. I mean so much hard it can't even be contained in a chest.
Speaker 17: I'll say it.
Speaker 16: Like that, man, Thank you to you to call in to that guy behind the boards McDonald that I never give credit to Dwayne McDonald.
Speaker 12: I think you guys. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 16: You guys are the pipeline to Dodger Nation, and LA is lucky to have AM five seventy because you guys are what a station is supposed to be for a championship club and a team that is the Yankees of the West, the Dodgers. We're taking over this biyitch all.
Speaker 2: Right, man, Well, great to hear from you. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy coming up in a little bit. Will you hear from the MVP of the World series, Freddie Freeman. You heard all those great interviews during the Clubhouse show again, tremendous job by Colin Ye, Dwayne McDonald, David Vasse for navigating through that. Dave's down at the clubhouse getting live interviews. Colin Ye's got to talk to Dwayne McDonald. The three of them are communicating. It's a it's a visiting clubhouse. You're not at Dodger Stadium. A lot of hurdles that you don't even want to know about had to be jumped through just to get David down there. So congratulations to all the guys that put that together. Hope you enjoyed all the great coverage from the Clubhouse, the great interviews with Will Smith and Max Munty on the field, Blake trying in keike A Hernandez who was tamed tonight, Good Walker Bueller who let it flow a little litle bit Walker Wheelers got himself a little bit of a potty mouth, but that's all right, Tommy Edmund. Great to hear from him. We also heard from who else, Evan Phillips and Andrew Freeman. So those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head as David Vesse was a busy man getting those interviews inside the Dodgers' clubhouse. And yeah, very exciting, very exciting the post game and all the coverage we have Again, we'll hear from Freddy Freeman coming up in just a little bit. We'll also here from the manager, Dave Roberts as he gets ready to go to the podium before the Dodgers head out and head back to Los Angeles. They're heading back as World Series champions. The parade we'll be on Friday, and we'll have all the coverage before, during, and after the parade and the celebration of Dodgers Stadium coming up right here on AM five seventy LA Sports. We continue on the phones. Nick and Wittier is next up on an FI seventy LA Sports postgame Dodger Doc. You're home of the World Series Champions. What's going on?
Speaker 19: Nick?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 12: Timmy Case?
Speaker 20: You know I love you, man, I give a bet I'll put some money here. Amazing and this game just meant so much to me. Like my dad passed away one year ago and he would have loved to see this thing.
Speaker 15: Man, it.
Speaker 20: Meant so much and it meant so much. It was so awesome and you are coming out of out of the pen, are you kidding me? Like wow, wow, absolutely amazing, And I got to give credits to you, and I've calling, of course, like you guys are awesome. Let's go Dodgers, baby, all right, et Sperer Championship with no doubt, no doubt on there, no no COVID whatever, Like we got this thing going, baby, let's go.
Speaker 2: Absolutely yeah, I appreciate it, Nick, You know what, this just makes twenty twenty phil even sweeter. And now those fans out there that set up it wasn't a real championship. It was a shortened season. It was a COVID season, and the Dodgers won that championship. When are they gonna win one hundred and sixty two game season championship. Well, they just did, and it shows that they deserved and won in twenty twenty when everybody was playing by the same rules in the same schedule, and they won it. And they were victorious in the bubble down there, spending four weeks playing in the playoffs, including the World Series Championship over the Tampa Bay Rays, and tonight they put another exclamation point and another championship coming back to Dodger Stadium, the eighth in the franchise's history, where they win tonight over the New York Yankees, a seven to sixth victory in the Bronx, coming back from a five to nothing deficit, coming back down six to five with two runs in the top half of the eighth inning, and Walker Bueller closes it out with a one two three ninth inning, including the strikeout of Alex Ferdugo to win it in the ninth inning in the Bronx and the Dodgers celebrating as we continue here on Dodger Talk eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy, Javier and Alhambra, Javier, what's going on down there right now? Is it popping off?
Speaker 21: For one, now, it's not popping off?
Speaker 3: But are you not entertained?
Speaker 21: Is this not what you're here to see?
Speaker 17: Or so Walker Buleys seemed to say.
Speaker 21: Stepping off that mount on that strikeout just last Finally, finally, a one sixty two game World Series championship, the first one I've ever got. The witness the dogs in the bullpen is what kept us in the season and what got us through this whole time, throughout the playoffs. Much respect to them, much respect to you guys in the booth. Thank you for having us all here and we have we're.
Speaker 3: Able to talk and stuff World Series checkons.
Speaker 22: It feels good.
Speaker 3: I'll be out to pray it on Friday.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you, Right on, Hovey, I appreciated eight sixty six, ninety seven, two five seventies. Keep things moving, Diane, and Santa Monica is next up here on postgame Dodger Talk as your Dodgers are the World Series champions, Diane.
Speaker 23: Yeah, congratulations to our our team, and hass off to Dave Roberts, our manager, and well done, well done to him. And despite all the injuries and all that. And I don't know if I'm gonna go on Friday because I'm getting I'm staging with them getting my hair done, but I'll watch it on TV. But I don't have a car right now. But I've loved but I'm so happy that they're getting the parade because back in twenty twenty, of course they won during COVID, but this is the best team I've ever seen in witnessed and I'm so happy, happy for everybody, and So what's whatever happened to James Altman Is he's seen no longer around?
Speaker 2: It's a great question. James Albam a great part of this Dodgers team the last two years, finished off the year in TRIPLEA Oklahoma City. So yeah, James Allmen another guy who at one point this season contributed to the twenty twenty four Dodgers. And yeah, there's a huge, a huge group of players who may not have been on this World Series roster around the team certainly, and guys who are a part of this team that may not be with them but contributed during the regular season in some port. As Dave Roberts says, when they gather together at the clubhouse at Camelback Ranch to start spring training, he says it, Tommy the Storta said it. You look around the clubhouse. So when you got all those guys in there that are non roster on Vite's the forty man roster guys, it's a pat clubhouse. And Dave Roberts told all of them, all of you will be a part of this team at some point in some fashion. And that's true, whether it's a couple starts, a couple, AB's a couple of games, sticking with the club, going back and forth to Triple A and back being a starter every day, being a part of the rotation, getting hurt, still being around the team. A lot of guys contribute to this. I mean, how many different starting pitchers did they have? How many different lines did they throw out there? Think of the guys like Kevin Bigio who were here for a month and contributed this Dodger team. Wasn't here with them late, wasn't a part of the postseason run, but they needed him when they had injuries and Max Munsey missed time and certainly during the time in which six weeks Mookie Betts dealt with the broken hand. So yeah, it doesn't just take twenty six guys and that's it. It doesn't just take nine starters and that's it. It takes a group of guys, and it takes every man on the forty man roster and then some to help win a championship. And that's what happened with this Dodgers team. And you saw it tonight with all those different arms that came out of the bullpen. Eight six, six, nine, eight seven two five seventy eight sixty six nine to eighty seven, two five seventy. Let's go out to the dojo in Wittier, the one and only Victor Brigg Jacobs. On this Wednesday night in Southern California, we reflect on what a great season it was. From Kevelback Ranch in late February to Soeul, South Korea to start the season, to the battles in the NL West, the race against the Giants, Padres, time it Backs and Rockies for the division to ultimately hold off the Padres, to square off against the Padres and the Ds and win in five games, and the National League Championship Series to take care of business against the New York Mets, and then tonight to finish off the Yankees. In the Bronx were this man not in that borough, but a different Burrough lost his teeth in the sewer, grew up. He is Victor Brigg Jacobs VTB.
Speaker 24: In Kate does with fans.
Speaker 3: Take a moment. I'm fairly you, Jimmy, You're exactly right.
Speaker 25: The great path has no path from South Korea to the Bronx. It's been an incredible, incredible odyssey for the twenty sixth Summari of Love, and this team kept saying we love one another, we believe in one another, and they win one for Fernando Valezuela. As al Toro used to say, beating the Yankees, it feels great.
Speaker 17: And I feel good, and you knew that we would.
Speaker 3: As my bride.
Speaker 25: You go set after game four, enjoy it, Yankees, it's your last win. Message to the Bronx, Mookie, this Dodgers man to come out down five, as you chronicled so well, tim and breaking down. You know this this game which was a roller coaster to be down five in the Bronx. When the Yankees were gonna do a die situation, they wanted to go on the plane, you know, back to the Sea of dot They wanted to come back to Los Angeles for a game six, and they had a five run league with their best git your d cole on the mount mowing down the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: But you're right, the.
Speaker 25: Dodgers pounced on the mistakes of the Bronx bombers. Judge blows a pop up and center field you gotta.
Speaker 19: Be kidding me.
Speaker 25: Vote Volpai blows a throw to third base opens the floodgates. Mookie with the no community occasion between Rizzo and d call he gets a single as five to one MVP, Freddie Freeman to run single five to three, Tioscar to run double its five five and they go on to win it. And Dryden was unbelievable, and Blake Blake was nuts.
Speaker 2: And how amazing was Walker bulla Walker bleep Bueller vic Walker bleeping Bueller like he said when.
Speaker 25: It got wonky, and Dave Roberts said, I'm gonna bring him.
Speaker 3: In if it got wonkey.
Speaker 25: Well they've got wonky and here comes the one two three Walker Bula, Are you kidding me? Unbelievable, the collective, they are relentless, and to do it in the Bronx is just so sweet. To do it in the yeah, in Yankee Stadium, you know the house that Ruth built and Freddie Freeman remodeled to do it in their house coming back from the five and this whole season, and Dave rob Which said, say please give him so much man, love the way he manipulated that bullpen. You know the Diamond Dogs. They are also, I would say co m vps with Freddie Freeman, no doubt.
Speaker 3: They were just so.
Speaker 25: Lights out to see who Dodd is, lights up, fireworks all over Whittier and the Saint Gabriel Valley.
Speaker 3: The party is.
Speaker 25: On blue Bamboo Bliss Feeling you Tim Kate's great shows in the morning with socks and sacks and you set it up.
Speaker 3: Man, feeling you.
Speaker 2: Much love to Youuko.
Speaker 5: And once again yes, soak in the celebration.
Speaker 2: Feeling feeling you VTB from Winnier of the Do Show. Victim Brigg Jacobs who lost his teeth in the sewers of New York Different Borough. Of course, the Queens. This isn't the Bronx, but the Dodger took care of the Mets and Queens, and now they take care of the Yankees. How the Dodgers, in route to a World Series championship, have the knockoff arguably the next best team in baseball, the San Diego Padres and the DS. Then they have to go to New York and take care of the New York Mets. And then they have to go back to New York, Different Burrow, go to the Bronx and beat the Yankees, and they do so in five games, with a seven to six come back win tonight over the Yankees, scoring five runs in the fifth to tie it up. They fell behind six to five, only to score two runs in the eighth inning. It was a sackfly from Mookie Betts to give the Dodgers the one run lead. Blake trying to pitch the eighth walker Bleeping Bueller pitch the ninth inning, striking out Alex Ferdugo to get the win. As the Dodgers are victorious as they beat the Yankees seven to six, and they are. If you're twenty twenty four World Series champions eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy, we will hear from Freddie Freeman, Dave Roberts Show, Hey, Otwani and you. Let's celebrate Dodger fans. Let's get it on till midnight talking Dodgers and a World Series championship right here in your home of the Dodgers, M five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talks. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 10: We're streaming online.
Speaker 1: We stream every game too. Come find it back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts can hardly watch.
Speaker 26: Here's the one two pitch from Buehler got him swinging.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's a World Series win for LA.
Speaker 6: They've done it, They've finished the.
Speaker 2: Job, and give Los Angeles the parade it's been waiting for. That parade will be on Friday, starting in City Hall, going through downtown, and we'll end at Dodgers Stadium with a victory celebration as your Los Angeles Dodgers defeat the New York Yankees seven to six in the Bronx in Game five of the World Series, coming back with two runs in the eighth, Walker Buehler closing it out in the ninth inning, striking out Alex Radugo to win it as the Dodgers bring home their eighth World Series championship. We'll here from Dave Roberts, Freddy Freeman, Showio tani All coming up before you now and midnight. We'll get back to your phone calls in a second. Let's check you with Jose.
Speaker 1: It's time to go around the horn with hose Aan Mota.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota joins us from Yankee Stadium as his team is packing up and get ready to head back to Los Angeles Jose, congratulations to you on a great season English, Spanish, the broadcast and certainly I know a lot of heavy hearts right now in that broadcast boot tonight, as you guys called the celebration.
Speaker 27: Yep, there are you know what, more than anything, so happy for the Dodger fans. Well deserved every ounce every energy we felt in the broadcast booth as you mentioned in both languages, and also want to congratulate your team and the w you guys have done for welcome me, welcoming me into your family. It was so emotional because there's so many people attached to this whole thing, and you know, the fans are sowing the money, You're on the money, Rocker Bueler, I mean, come on, there's we all know there's always going to be dogging him, but who would have thought Dave Roberts For those that doubt it, why he took somebody out early while he was punning ahead and maybe sacrificing somebody in some particular games, there's always a reason. And more than anything, the players, Man, these players just went out there from day one with a tough schedule, studying early in spring training, facing the Potters in Korea, a couple of distractions here and there, but man, they stuck right with it. And also players development the scouts, because it seems like every time the Valuers lost, the picture was like what do they do now? And then it was like next guy step up. And then at the same time, those dogs in that bullpen, oh my goodness, you cannot do it without them. Freddy Freeman Nolle thinks he's gone through the mole. Also Showyl Towny eight hundred and seventy five games career, never played in October, and here we are, first year with the Dodgers and he's got a rank. So Dodger fans to you rash elations, well, loser for any of the doubt at twenty twenty. Well here it is obably one sixty two. And to do it against the Yankees Yankee Stadium, Yes, it feels pretty good.
Speaker 2: The bullpen did their job, The Dodgers bass did their job lay coming back and winning this game tonight. But the job of the dogs, the guys in the bullpens accepting their roles, all of them coming together in this postseason. I know Freddy Freeman won the MVP because of the World Series. He had but the postseason MVP overall, I'm giving to the bullpen because they did a tremendous job.
Speaker 27: There's no doubt these guys knew what their role was. Dave Roberts knew exactly how to maneuver and go and carve out through the lineups which matchups were more favorable. Those Dodgers and everybody talked about didn't have enough pitching. Guess what, you do have enough pitching. Maybe not enough star think pitching, but enough to go out there and get it done. And that's why I applauded the most and Dave Roberts to consider this and the coaching staff, which I want to congratulate, those meaningful games they played in late September. Carrow it into October, and the reason it is look at the Dodgers and the way they played in October, which was not one dimensional baseball on the offensive side, any opportunity presented by the opponent they exploited, especially tonight. It was a clear evidence that this team was always in a game with one swing, one play, one smart move, and the players dedicated themselves to having more team at bats than ever, concentrating on just why is the task at hand? And where are we in this in this game. I can't say enough about what this means for us as Dodgers fans grew up. You know this organization from my father Manny who every game there's the comments. We talk pretty much every single day homework road about what happened in that game. But also Fernando Valley as well.
Speaker 23: I'm in my.
Speaker 27: Broadcast partner Beepe Him was with us a him for all of the congressions. But more than anything, you know, Fernando, we at that jersey, not only at Dodger standing, we have that jersey here in Yankee Stadium in a meant a lot to see fans that come up and look at number thirty fourth there looking at us into his whole family. Our regards, but see you guys, congratulations and this is being exciting to be able to win a ring with the Angels and the only World Service appearance and not have one where everything started for us as a Mortar family, with our family, the Blue family, with the Dodgers. Man, thanks no.
Speaker 2: Doubt about it, Jose. It's been a fun year. It's been a special year ends with a World Series championship. Enjoy tonight, get on that bus. Celebrate on the fly at home, and we will talk to you a couple of days out in the parade and one more time.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable Blue.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable, is right, Jose, Thanks buddy, you got it all right. There, he goes Jose moda part of our broadcast crew during the season. You hear him on all the games on Spanish radio as well, and certainly emotional with the passing in Fernando vale Azuela just a couple of weeks ago to the Dodgers now having their eighth World Series championship. Thank you, Jose. Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy. Let's go back out to New York the Bronx at Yankee Stadium. Casey. Casey joins us from Yankee Stadium. What's it like in there?
Speaker 26: Cakes, Quando quondo, quondore. It was pretty awesome. Roads of train all three games. I went to all five games, but all three here in New York. Fans were pretty fine. A couple jagmos around here, but amazing, unreal ups and downs. Case I'm just so stoked. It was amazing. I flew to Texas in twenty twenty. This was way better. Eight Pizza Ate my weight in pizza. Unreal, Kate, I can't believe it. I'm so stoked, happy for everybody.
Speaker 3: We deserve it.
Speaker 2: What was the Dodger representation like as far as the fans were concerned, seemed like a big contingent of fans sticking around after the game based on the video you sent me.
Speaker 26: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure. I mean there was a huge group of us, a lot of just hugging strangers. Everybody's so stoked for each other and just cheering everybody as they were leaving. Buehler was like last on the field and he was running off mf and everybody out there all getting all pumped up. Key k had the Puerto Rican flag. It was It was awesome, dude. It was super great. Rode the train home with a bunch of other Dodger fans. Everybody's on like cloud night, but totally great. And on the plane tomorrow and we're rocking my Fernando jersey. This was for Fernando el Toro. I'll be on my way back to LA and I will see you Friday, Kate.
Speaker 2: Sounds good, casey, We'll see you. Have to pray my man. Thanks for checking in. Yeah, he sent me a note that he was at the game. Gotta get him on because if you're at the game, if you were in New York and listening to Dodge Talk, making your way home on the subway, going back to the hotel check in with US eight six six ninety seven two five seventy, would love to hear from Dodger fans, and made the trek out there to the Bronx to watch this game. Clinching Game five for the Dodgers tonight over the New York Yankees, a seven to six win in the Bronx. Oscar and La Oscars is still going off right now where you're at.
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, no, no, honestly no, but it was when we won. Sim Kates honestly appreciate you guys in the morning every day. Can't wait to hear you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We are world chaps, baby, no doubt about.
Speaker 8: It being five zero. I honestly was like, get you know, we'll be here Friday. But I was still I knew they had a plan. We got to get to Girt Cole, get to their relievers.
Speaker 2: Oscar. You know they had a plan. You knew they were gonna just wait out. Garrett Cole and they were gonna come back with five runs and get help from the y. He's gifted those five runs at that inning. You know how many airs Aaron Judge had during the regular season, zero zero airs, and he he muffed the ball in center field to open up the door for the Dodgers. That's Fernando looking down above. That's that's from above. That is a sign. That's all the Dodgers up in Blue Heaven looking down on the Dodgers opening the door for them to score five runs to get back into this game.
Speaker 8: Vealonzuela Losorda. Slowly, all the Dodger blue family up there was looking down, and you know what they did, the same thing they did. They had to get the cold. They were gonna get them out, get their relievers, get some runs, and we worked.
Speaker 2: It out, no doubt about it. Appreciated, Oscar, thanks for checking in tonight. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Alex in East La. I know it's popping off at East LA right now. I'm watching the TV. Alex.
Speaker 28: Oh my god, you should have seen the troll traffic just to get out of each other. A man, it's this crazy big care spopping and everything is just a celebration, no doubt.
Speaker 2: How happy about this win? Alex? Tell us where you were when the Dodgers cleansed. Who were you with tonight celebrating with I.
Speaker 28: Was with my cowork in Montabello watching the game.
Speaker 7: I had just left work.
Speaker 28: You know, I was disappointed them losing five and Oero and my new coworker is a Yankee fan, so you know, that's not a good start way to start. And you know, my co workers like, let's just watch the game. You know, there's nothing around to watch it.
Speaker 7: And it was.
Speaker 28: For them to come back five runs and tie it up and then just lead up to Walker Year singing the game. Man, that was that was incredible, man. And you know it's like I was lucky. I'm not, you know, old enough to remember eighty eight, my father and me witnessed the twenty twenty two meters of championship. But obviously everyone's all salty about it. And then unfortunately, you know, during the World christ and everything, I can't celebrate with my father this World championship. But because of him, I became a baseball fan of Dodger fans, and you know, all of us are celebrating no matter what.
Speaker 2: That about it. Alex appreciate the phone call. What a great night for Dodger fans across so I THN California. A World Series championship over the New York Yankees, a seven to sixth victory. Let's go back out to New York. Dave Roberts at the podium talking to the media. It's here with the Dodger skipper now, a two time World Series champion manager has to say.
Speaker 29: Dave, how can you describe what that game was like to go through and how you felt at the end.
Speaker 30: Yeah, I definitely didn't plan it out this way. Certainly a lot of emotions from the way it started to certainly the way it finished. And I'm just so grateful to be in this chair. And you know what our guys did, the resilience, the fight that they had. Certainly all the momentum was on the side of the Yankees, and Garrett was throwing the heck out of the baseball and for us to you know, just keep scratching and clawing, and you know, we were just kind of to the last guy available, and so to see what Walker did what Blake did, all those guys and then the big at bats to get us back in the game was just huge.
Speaker 29: Well, what was that fifth ending like to go through when they started making miss stakes, Like, could your guys kind of just sense like that was the opportunity to make something happen.
Speaker 30: Yeah, we did, we did, you know, And obviously you know the right the inning before Aaron makes a great playoff of Freddy's bad and just you know, just didn't make a play right there, and we just got a break on the covering first base, and so we got a couple extra outs, and you know, it was just good. You know, when you get a good give a good team extra outs, and it was just great for us to take advantage of it.
Speaker 31: The last rower left Chelsea.
Speaker 2: How long was Walker going to be able to go? Was there a situation where he was it.
Speaker 31: Just an inning with the side day thing.
Speaker 30: It was one inning, and so that's why, you know, it was huge that Blake could get Stanton and then punch out Rizzo right there.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 30: So that was just our last bullet in the sense.
Speaker 32: Of with the lead up from your right when you were game planning, did Walker come up at any point or did that happen within the game?
Speaker 2: That happened within the.
Speaker 18: Game seventh inning.
Speaker 30: He just said that he's going to be available, and you know, I didn't see him see that even coming into play, but obviously as a game went out, had it played on, we had to keep the game close, and our guys were fighting, and so I just felt that, you know, at that point in time, I was going to be all in.
Speaker 32: Seem someone was self explanatory, But what about him makes you confident in handing him the ball in a spot like that when he's.
Speaker 30: I just think that the experience, the pedigree, we were all in at that point in time, and he wanted the baseball, and I just felt that he wasn't going to run from the moment, and I just felt he was the best.
Speaker 31: Option third row on your left.
Speaker 33: If so pitching was what was your plan? If the game had gone to extra innings.
Speaker 30: I would have probably had Hudson pitched the tenth and then Kispirius, who threw two innings fifty something pitches though the eleventh.
Speaker 34: Yeah, good Clinton right in front of you, Hey, Doug, Mookie had such a workman like day to day in terms of beating, beating the ball out of her space, getting to go ahead run on the sack fly. Can you tell me a little bit about his playoff performance, not just tonight but in general as he's done everything he's done.
Speaker 30: No, it's great. You know, he's one of the guys I'm really for because, you know, going into the postseason, that's all people were talking about is how he didn't perform, and you know, to be able to kind of block out all that noise and still focus on helping us win baseball games. There's not a guy that cares more. And he's a very talented player, and hopefully we can keep this narrative quiet for a little bit because he did everything and played both sides of the baseball. You know, he made some big plays defensively and offensively. He came up big.
Speaker 18: Russ.
Speaker 35: They've this season started off what you call rocky, with your situation in Korea, Mookie bricks hand, the starting pitching, Freddy's ankle. Is there a point throughout the year where you wonder if it's all too much and you guys can get through it? And what point did you realize that this group could get to this point?
Speaker 30: Well, you know what, we did go through a lot russ but I'll still say that we still had the best record all of baseball this year, and so it wasn't easy, but our guys fought and played every day the right way, played to win. There's a lot of you know, backfilling on talent because of you know, injury, a lot of young players cut their teeth, which is which is good. But you know, one thing is that we just kept going. And so even in the postseason, you know, I don't think anyone had us picked. You know, I don't think that has picked to get out of the first series. So you know, for us to go out there and fight and scratching claw and win eleven games in October, that's a credit to our guys.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Jill Robertson talking to the media. I have to imagine they used that whole narrative of the Padres were the better team going into that NLDS and the Dodgers. We're gonna have a tough time against that team and the lack of starting pitching. I have to believe they use that as maybe a rallying cry as a group collectively, even falling behind in that series. The way they did, and to come back and win it because nobody projected the Dodgers to win that series. You know, eight out of ten different analysts out there projected the Padres to advance to the NLCS, not the Dodgers, So they weren't even the favorites by a lot of people's minds going into that series. Yet they won that series in five. They beat the Mets and the NLCS, and now they defeat the New York Yankees, the best team in the American League in twenty twenty four. The Dodgers the best team in baseball in twenty twenty four. With a Game five win in the World Series tonight, a seven to sixth victory over the New York Yankees. We're gonna hear from Shoeyotani. Coming up, we'll hear from the MVP, Freddie Freeman, who tonight drove in a couple of runs, a huge part of this Dodgers five run inning. Again, the door was opened by the bad defense for the New York Yankees. Aaron Judge does not make errors. Tonight, he boxed the ball on a line drive to center field, a play he makes ninety nine times out of one hundred and the one time he doesn't, it opens the door for the Dodgers. There in the fifth inning, a ground ball to shortstop and it's completely boxed and thrown away by Anthony Vulpi, opening up the door again for the inning to continue. In the fifth, three batters later, with two outs, Mookie Betts an infield single scores a run. Freddie Freeman a single scores two. Tay Oscar Hernandez doubles off the wall in center field to score two and tie the game at five. Two out nightmares are what the Dodgers are all about. When they put the head down at night baseball fans and there's two outs, the Dodgers are your nightmare. And they aren't nightmares for pitching stats with two outs the way they produce and score and don't give up with two outs. And tonight they scored five runs on four hits, helped up by two airs and miss q by Garrett Cole and Anthony Rizzo to get the Dodgers that first run on the infield single for Mookie Betts. So thank you New York Yankees. But a great job by the Dodgers to get the momentum back in the game. It's a tied up at five and to go on and win at seven to six. The bullpen cannot say enough about what they did tonight, collectively, what they did this series, collectively, what they did in the NLCS, collectively, what the bullpen did in that bullpen game in Game four against the Padres in San Diego. The dogs down the bullpen were barking all October, and now they're barking a championship as the Dodgers are your twenty twenty four World Series champions. Just let that sit in for a minute. How good does that sound? Twenty twenty four World Series champion, Los Angeles Dodgers. Sounds pretty cool? Matt in North Carolina. Wow, it's late in North Carolina, but you're celebrating the Dodgers' victory long distance. How you do it?
Speaker 10: Met?
Speaker 3: Hey? Tim? How's it going?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's very late here in North I think it's like two am or something, but I mean it's it's unbelievable. Man, watch the game with my son, and I'll tell you. I had flights to La leaving Friday for Game six, and I had my mind right when it was down.
Speaker 17: Five to nothing. I thought, man, we're going and then this team's It just keeps on fighting, keeps on fighting. And I'm glad to be celebrating this right now in North Carolina and not going to LA but I will be there for the ring ceremony in March when we play the Tigers.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a fun night or fun day, whatever it happens to be. Matt appreciated. The Dodgers, remember, are gonna start twenty twenty five in Japan. Yes, they're going back over to start the regular season like they did this year in Seoul, South Korea. Now they're going to Japan to start off the twenty twenty five series season and then come back and have their domestic home opener and then start off the season, hopefully with a ring ceremony. Man, it is going off right now in East La.
Speaker 18: It is.
Speaker 2: It is a celebration for Dodger fans. Please be safe out There are a lot of people driving around honking the horns, see fireworks going off in the streets, which you know, let's let's let's let's be safe. But certainly a lot of fun having being had right now in Southern California. Don't forget there's a parade coming up on Friday. It'll be Friday morning with the parade downtown LA and a special ticket at celebration at Dodger Stadium. Check out Dodgers dot com and all the Dodgers social medias is of course, our social media is a FI seventy LA Sports on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Facebook. As we'll have all the updates as well as far as how you can be a part of that celebration at Dodger Stadium if you can get a ticket, and also where to go, as the Dodgers will have a parade starting at City Hall and inning at Fifth in Flower in downtown LA. So it's kind of kind of zigzagged through the streets of downtown and you can be a part of it lining up on the streets there in Los Angeles on Friday again, that is scheduled to start at eleven o'clock. We'll have coverage for you beginning during and after the championship parade right here on NI seven, DLA Sports and the iHeart Radio Network. Let's keep things going on the phones. A lot of fun celebrating with you Dodger fans. That's what it's all about, being together, celebrating safely and enjoying a Dodgers World Series championship. Skip and Compton is next up.
Speaker 15: Skip.
Speaker 14: How you doing, man, I'm doing excellent.
Speaker 12: Kate.
Speaker 14: First and foremost, I just want to thank am Fire seventy. You guys do an amazing job just because of what my family has done in this country. You know, we'd like to listen via radio just like old times, so you guys are the only way I'd love to hear my Dodger games.
Speaker 12: But I just want to say, shout.
Speaker 14: Out to the Bullpen dogs.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the Bullpen Dogs.
Speaker 12: And also, last but not least, I want to say somebody called nine to one one in Newport and send a wellness check to Mike Trout so you can get out of Anaheim. Finally, that's it. It's a wrap, Timmy, Kate, I love you, good night, all.
Speaker 2: Right, appreciate the phone call. Eight six six ninet eighty seven two five seventy eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. The celebration continues right now in the streets of East LA and they're having a great time. Dodger flags everywhere, everybody decked out in their Dodger gear. Be safe, let the traffic flow. Have a good time, but please keep it safe out there. If you're continued to celebrate as we continue to take your phone calls. Here on this World Series edition of Postgame Dodger Talking, we're celebrating the eighth World Series championship in franchise history. Let's go to Craig and Long Beach. Craig, Welcome to Dodger Talk on your home of the twenty twenty four World Series champions How you.
Speaker 15: Doing, brother? I have got wo when I am cold, I have got warm when I'm hot. But Yankee fan, this is the one thing that you chumse just think got It feels so good to be World champions once again, my friend, is it not?
Speaker 2: It is a great day, my friend, Craig, it is a fat day.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, dude.
Speaker 15: I have been listening to you guys since first day of the first exhibition game of the season, and that's how I do my Dodgor baseball. I'll watch the ball game once in a while, it's on every night, but I prefer listening to the radio and I have ever since the great Vince Scully, you know, has been such a huge part of my life. And was such a huge part of my life. And Vinnie, I know you're looking down and hopefully this pleases you, as it does please me to know that.
Speaker 10: You are pleased.
Speaker 3: So it's just a great night.
Speaker 15: Man. I'm so excited. I'm so happy for everybody, especially Dave Roberts. Man. This guy just gets endless garbage about every move he makes. It's just ridiculous the nitpicking that goes on from Dodger fans, a lot of whom don't even know what the heck they're talking about most of the time, and they're just spouting off bs and it's it's ridiculous. David roberts has proved himself to be a genius mind on the baseball field. I don't care who you are, I don't care what you say. He is a great manager and I'm so happy that we got him, and I am so happy that he's still here and uh, you know, pulling the strings for a world championship now. Man, no doubt about its Manager of the Year one hundred, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he wins the award in the National League. We'll see when that all comes out here in the next couple of weeks. As those individual awards, Manager of the Year, Rookie of the Year, saw young award winner in MVP all get announced now that the World Series is complete and the Dodgers are your World Series champs by the way, uh, but we'll see if he wins Manager of the Year. Certainly this takes Dave Roberts to a different level as far as great managers all time in baseball. Two time now World Series champion Tomylesorda won two World Series championships as manager of the Dodgers. To go to the postseason now nine times as manager, to go to now what four World Series in nine years and winning two of those, that's pretty impressive. I mean, Bobby Cox gets heralded for what he did at Atlanta over a fifteen year stretch and the divisional titles they won. He won one World Series down in Atlanta. Dave Roberts has now won two World Series Championships as a manager, three as a player. And what he's done doing it with different groups of guys, doing it during COVID, going to World Series appearances in seventeen and eighteen, having won stolen by the Houston Astros who cheated to a twenty seventeen World Series victory. It's very impressive to see what Dave Roberts has done. I know he takes a lot of incoming from fans after losses and defeats and into seasons like two years ago and last year, but it is hard to argue with what he has done, and especially this year and especially this postseason, to navigate the way he did with no starting pitching outside of Yamamoto, Buehler and Flaherty. And let's be honest with you, it's just us talking, right, how many of you thought Walker Buehler was going to be a part of this rotation? Even he said it with David Vassay, Colin, can we find that real quick Walker Buehler? If you missed it in the Clubhouse show, it was short, it was sweet. It was David Vassay with Walker Buehler. And remember Walker Buehler coming back from Tommy John surgery. Walker Buehler had to figure out his timing again, his mechanics again. He had the hip issue. He was away from the team trying to figure out where he fits in to this rotation. Where does he fit into this pitching staff? What does Walker Buehler look like? Moving forward with this Dodgers team in twenty twenty four, we didn't know. And then when he did come back, he was one in six in the regular season, and we get to October and injuries to just absolutely decimate the Dodger starting rotation. And because of that, they need arms, They need guys who have battled before as starters, and they need Walker Buehler. And Walker Buehler is a postseason pitcher, and we've seen it on display in the years past, and we saw it again this year in the NLDS, even though he got rocked up a little bit by the San Diego Padres, battle back with three shutout innings afterwards. What he did in the NLCS, and certainly what he did in Game three for the Dodgers in a victory, and then seeing Number twenty one Walker freaking Bueller come out of the bullpen tonight in the ninth inning to close out this World Series was pretty darn impressive. To see him come out and take that role of like what Clayton Kershaw did that in the twenty eighteen NLDS, a starter on short rest, coming out and closing out a game like you did against the Washington Nationals in Washington, DC. Walker Buehler wanted the ball. You heard him, you're Dave Roberts. This wasn't the plan. Walker Buehler is the Game seven starter, but the Dodgers found themselves in a situation where they took the lead. Was it was tied at the time, and he said, if you need me, I'm going down the bullpen. Call on me if you will, and the Dodgers took the lead. Blake tried and got the eighth and the ninth inning. Dave Roberts went to Walker Bueller and he got the save in Game five of the World Series. All that I just mentioned, you have that as the background. Didn't even know if he was gonna be around the postseason roster. He is because of injuries. Here's Walker Bueler postgame with David Walker.
Speaker 33: Freak game Buehler, this is what legends are made of.
Speaker 2: Walker. When did you know you were going to the bullpen?
Speaker 28: I went in the sixth I think I told Doc, if you need nobody out.
Speaker 33: There, what does it mean to you to come through when the team needed you the most?
Speaker 2: And everything?
Speaker 29: Man, I thought I was gonna get released off this.
Speaker 11: I don't think you're gonna get released now.
Speaker 2: No, well, we'll see.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to enjoy this.
Speaker 2: See you later, short and sweet. Walker Bueller celebrating enjoying the World Series championship in as he said, he didn't know if he was gonna get released if they'd give him an opportunity in October after one win during the regular season, and the Dodgers believed in him. Credit again to Dave Roberts, Andrew Freeman, Brandon Gomes, Mark Pryor, Connor McGinnis, the entire coaching staff for believing constantly, and Walker Bueller. Hey, he's gonna figure it out. He's gonna get right. We believe in him, and he was absolutely awesome. In October eight six, six ninety seven, two five seventy, Rick and San Diego checks in here on postgame Dodger Talk, your World Series edition of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 19: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 36: I mean, I love you know, I got I got to uh near stsu the bar over there, watching the game from first pace to last. You know, it's kind of disappointing seeing the Padres fans, you know, rooting for the Yankees, you know, but seeing the Dodgers battle back, you know exactly what we all expected them to do. You know, they played even down here in San Diego. I watched every single game because on my MLB app that's how much I love the Dodgers and my bar that I normally go to every time the Dodgers win, Randy Newman comes up on the jukebox.
Speaker 10: You know, so.
Speaker 36: Everyone knows, oh man, the Dodgers must have won today. I make sure everybody knows about that. And then this team in general, from you know, the beginning of the year to the end of the year.
Speaker 10: You know, the folks that played in the.
Speaker 36: Postseason, but not even that, you know, seeing just time out of time, battling back, going back to Colorado when Kaoskar had the home run, Jason Hayward having the home run.
Speaker 22: This team had the.
Speaker 36: Grit and they totally deserve this so great World Series win. Love seeing it down in San Diego. And you know, I told my Padre fans friends, you know, hey, at least.
Speaker 22: Y'all lost to the champs.
Speaker 36: And he can't be that, he can't be disappointed in that so great win Dodgers, and I can't wait till next year.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. Rick appreciate the phone call. Appreciate the phone call. Love that you're celebrating all the time down there in San Diego and getting that Randy Newman on the jukebox down there at your local establishment. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy Showyo. Tony spent six years in Anaheim, did not make the postseason at all one time with the Angels. His first year at the Dodgers, signed a ten year contract year one. He's a World Series champion. Let's go back out to New York. Showyo. Tony at the podium talking to the media.
Speaker 18: Congratulations, congratulations.
Speaker 37: I was there the first day you came here with the Angels, so I know this has always been your goal to win a World Series in the major leagues. Can jell us what's going on through your in your heart and mind right now? And if you feel like speaking a bit of English, that would be great.
Speaker 18: If not, that's good too.
Speaker 38: Miname on what.
Speaker 18: Usually second with it? Must come to name it quick.
Speaker 38: I'm honored to be able to be part of a season where we played the longest and to be able to, you know, get to know this team as my first year and experience. Winning the World Series has been a tremendous honor.
Speaker 31: The questions in English will go to Russ in the second row in your life, guys.
Speaker 35: Show you this season started out kind of tumultuous for you in Korea with eBay situation and your first year with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Getting from that moment to right now?
Speaker 35: Mentally, what was this year like for you and how are you able to to get to this point?
Speaker 38: We were able to get through the regular season, I think because of the strength of this team, this organization and the success of the postseason is very similar to how we were able to, you know, pull it off during the regular season. Again, the strength and of the organization, and I think I'm extremely honored to be part of this Clinton.
Speaker 34: On your left, guys, sure you took over the lead off spot with a guy like Mookie Betts on your team who literally leads the franchise in leadoff home runs, and you've also got a friend of freeing with you as well. What's it like now that you've won playing with guys of that caliber in terms of the type of teammates they are and what you've learned from them over the course of the season.
Speaker 39: So like you know what, min macan this schedule, Dievo professional so that you got.
Speaker 38: I really felt like the professionalism of the two players really stands out. And aside from the two players, I do feel like we had a really good lineup with a lot of good hitters one through nine, and it really allowed me to elevate my game as well, not just technically but also my professionalism.
Speaker 2: All right, there's show hey O Tani talking to the media along with his translator. Will we appreciate him and all season long being a part of all the postgame and pregame press conferences for Show hey Otani, who is now a World Series champion. Lino in North Carolina is next up. Yeah, back to back calls from North Carolina on this World Series edition of Dodger Talk. How you doing?
Speaker 3: Tim?
Speaker 22: I called this very program four years ago, and I'm gonna repeat what Max Monksy said, Buddy, this is better than twenty twenty. You know, this is a lot better. You guys are gonna get your parade now. You know eighty eight, you know twenty and twenty rather you were denied. Eighty eight was the last time you guys do that? Dude, you realize how many babies been bored since nineteen eighty eight that are going to experience the first parade downtown Los Angeles come Friday morning. Oh my mercy, you know, and you know it's been a great year. I'm just so proud of the bullpen. You know, they have webbels of steel, They've they've done what they could to get it done in five games. And I know Fernando's looking down at us. I lost my dad two months ago. He was a big Fernando fan. It seems a big Dodger fan, and I know he's been watching these games from where he is and having I'm just so glad that the Dodgers took it all and they're gonna get some rings. And finally, I just wanted to say give a shout out to Rick and Tim Neverett and the Steve for the first time, you know, I was a blind person. You know, you guys really bring the Dodger games home to me on the MLB app year after year. And let's do it again and kick the Padres and everybody else in the in the the NL West to the curb as starting day won twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Oh lead I appreciate the phone call, man. This is this is an awesome night, I know. And it's a celebration for everybody who's those who are with us, those who are not with us, and those who can't see this World Championship but certainly are celebrating with you in spirit. And this is a time to celebrate, no doubt, for everybody who's a Dodger fan, a baseball fan, young and old, to enjoy this World Series championship. And certainly we'll have a time to have a parade on Friday, which you get alluded to. It's gonna be a lot of fun here in Los Angeles. The Dodgers were not able to have a parade in twenty twenty because of COVID and the Dodgers on this team this year, Maximuncie, Austin Barnes, Will Smith, all these guys, Walker, Bueller, Clayton Kershaw, they all want to parade. They didn't get one in twenty twenty. They all went their different ways after celebrating in Arlington. They want a parade and now they're going to get one on Friday, through the streets of downtown La eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. We continue on the phones. Let's go to Jose and Garden Grove is next up? What's going on? Jose?
Speaker 11: Hey, us up?
Speaker 1: Not much?
Speaker 2: Man talks them on the World Series. Let's go.
Speaker 11: I'm so excited about listen, man, I gotta talk to all the tays Hi Dres. We took care of him, then the mighty mighty mess Caye, we took care of him. And then they said Judge and the whole Janikees, we took care of him. I gotta say, twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four awesome, Jose and everybody celebrate with Jose there in Garden Grove. What a good time it sounds like out there. Thanks for the phone call. Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy. Omar in El Paso, Texas. Yes, hey, has checking in? Are you doing? Omar?
Speaker 22: Yo?
Speaker 19: Tim congratulations Man. I love hearing you on in the mornings with Stevie Sachs.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: And you know what, man, dude.
Speaker 20: Thanks for sending me the link to on next because I can't hear you.
Speaker 2: On the Just keeping Omar, just keep it between us.
Speaker 10: Yeah, oh yeah, hey man, I love it.
Speaker 14: We're the Chians and I've been listening to you guys man every postseason.
Speaker 24: And man, I'm from South Kate, Man, but I live here in Texas, and man, I'm so happy.
Speaker 10: We're the champs.
Speaker 5: Man, we're the champs.
Speaker 10: Absolutely everybody to in LA, from Texas all the way to California.
Speaker 3: We hear you, guys.
Speaker 5: We love you guys.
Speaker 7: And damn nineteen eighty eight, twenty twenty four, let's celebrate that parade man all the way to LA.
Speaker 2: I love you guys, all right, Omar, I appreciate the phone call. Man eight six six ninety seven, two five seventies. Keep it rolling. Andrew in La is next up here on this World series edition of Dodger Talk on a FI seventy LA Sports. Hi, Andrew, wells up, guys.
Speaker 19: We're having so much fun out here. Just left back, go Park. I just want to give a shout out to my dad down Orange County with some of the Dodgers games we've been back in the day. Now you guys were so happy. Got to give a shout out to the boys who didn't get the roster for the world side but still got it. Miguel Vargas probably the only World Cities champion to be on the worst team in baseball for so long, and Manny Machado didn't get a ring, but Ryan Yarbrough did and they're here. But I want to give a shout out to my boys, Jack and Alex. We did it tonight. I've been waiting for a Yankees Dodgers World Series my whole life, ten years in New York and finally we did it. Get to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Now, let's keep it rolling, all right, Andrew appreciate it. Yeah, Guys like Ryan Yarborough huge pieces of this Dodgers team during the regular season, helping soak up innings as a middle reliever, bulke innings guy at opener. Uh, certainly, he was a major factor in this team over the course of one sixty two. It really takes everybody, to think it just takes twenty six guys who are on this World Series roster and that's it. Those are the only guys that contributed. You're crazy. It's taken everybody. Little plays, small plays, big roles, small roles, big appearance to small appearances. What at bat minia bats. It's been a huge, huge group of players that have contributed to this Dodgers team and a World Series championship team. Let's go back out to New York. The MVP of the World Series, Freddie Freeman, talking to the media.
Speaker 40: I don't think that was on the script of how we started off this year, but I think sometimes when those things are going to happen, it just rallies a group of guys together. When you start supporting a teammate in his first year like we did, for him to go out there and have the greatest season I think of all time, pretty special. Seems like we hit every speed month possible over the course of this year, and to overcome what we did as a group of guys, it's special. And this is what we start out to do every single spring training is to win a championship. And I think it's the hardest thing to do in sports is because you just never know what's going to happen. I mean, we were down two wide in the NLDS and it easily could have gotten away from us. And to come back and win those two games and then keep it going like we did, it's just a special group of guys.
Speaker 34: Stay there with Clinton, Freddy, you personally have also had quite the year. What have you learned about yourself this season?
Speaker 40: Yeah, I mean, I would say a lot in so many different ways. I wish I'd never had to go through what we did as a family. But ultimately, Maximus is doing really really well right now. He's a special boy. But it has been a grind for three months, it really has. It's been a lot, and then obviously with the injuries at the end, it makes it all worth it kind of in the end. I mean, I'll never compare Maximus into to baseball.
Speaker 24: I won't.
Speaker 40: It's just two separate things. But with him doing really well now, it does mean a little bit extra love.
Speaker 31: Questions for Freddy. We'll go to third row on our left here right here, Hey.
Speaker 33: Freddy, excuse me, when you're on a run like the one you're on during the World Series, just can you best describe just like what that feeling is like when you're at the plate and you're as locked in as you were for the last week.
Speaker 40: Yeah, I mean, and asked this question a couple of times. It's you don't really think about it when you're up there, things seem to be slowing down. That's kind of what you're just trying to do. And I think obviously experience definitely helps in this situation.
Speaker 22: But when you.
Speaker 40: I did a lot of work in between the NLCS and the World Series, and thankfully my ankle got into a good spot where I could work on my swing, work on and I found a queue that really worked for me, and I was able to slow things down. I mean, all you're trying to do is swing up strikes, take balls, and hit the mistakes, and thankfully I was able to do.
Speaker 18: That for five games.
Speaker 31: Go to Steve and AJ.
Speaker 18: Gratulations. Freddy.
Speaker 37: Second time, can you talk about if you can take a step back. I know you know your abilities. You've been a great player since I talked to your dad. You know, when you were growing up, you were always probably the best. But can you talk about when you realize what you have done on this stage?
Speaker 2: The four home runs.
Speaker 37: Back to back to me, you know, four straight games, the walk off, which.
Speaker 30: Is going to be you know, it's going to be an iconic thing forever.
Speaker 2: What does it mean?
Speaker 37: Is it hard to comprehend which what you have now achieved at all?
Speaker 30: Yeah?
Speaker 40: I mean it's hard to comprehend because we just won about an hour ago. I haven't really thought about all that, but sitting here now, I mean I've just been blessed to be able to play this game a long time and be in certain situations because of the group of guys, the organization just from top to bottom. To be put into a situation, I mean, I got asked about the rb RBIs are because there's guys on base, you know, that's my teammates. So but yeah, to come through in those situations, I mean, that's what you're dreaming about as a kid, you know, and doing that in the World Series.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it's hard to talk.
Speaker 40: About right now. But maybe in a few days and i've let it settle in, I'll have better answers for you.
Speaker 2: But right now I'm just ecstatic. All right, there's Freddie Freeman talking to the media for Home Runs twelve RBI's and he is your MVP of the twenty twenty four World Series, Jose and Arcadia. How you doing, Jose, I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: Tim.
Speaker 2: How are you doing doing good?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 2: We got only a couple more minutes left.
Speaker 10: Hey, Tim, I'm just calling to say thank you for for your broadcast because this whole World Series I was working, you know, and I could have watched it on my phone, but it was a delay, so I watched it with you know, I basically listened to the whole World Series on the radio. Nice and I want to say thank you guys for painting such a beautiful picture.
Speaker 36: Man.
Speaker 10: I was able to watch that game in my head and everything you guys said, I could see it. And I just called him to just tell you guys, thank you guys so much for such an awesome broadcast.
Speaker 18: Man, you guys are awesome, jose Man.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that. Thank you for the nice words. Yes, Steven Nelson at really.
Speaker 10: Dock Man, I just wanted to call you guys to tell you, guys.
Speaker 2: Awesome, appreciate that. Thanks for listening to all the games here on a five seven to LA Sports. It takes a team. It takes a village to put it together, of course, Steven Nelson, Tim Nevertt all season long. Rick Monday doing a great job. Peyton the words I view from the baseball stadium. Jerry and Tampa. Jerry, how you doing.
Speaker 24: I'm doing pretty good. It's a little bit late, but I don't care. Tonight, Well, World Series champions. I cannot believe it. This is awesome. You know, someone living in Florida. Obviously, some people say like they accused me of being like a Bandwagon fan or whatever, and I'm saying, like, you know what, I've been to fans since my dad took me to Vero Beach in nineteen seventy seven when Tommy Lsorta became the manager, and I followed the team ever since then. And I said, so, there's no no Bandwagon fans, so this is really sweet. We didn't get to really enjoy it in twenty twenty, but we're going to enjoy this one. I wish I was in LA for the parade, but I listened to Ewan coming home from work. I'll be listening to like pregame or postgame. Know, I switch over sometimes because I'm out of market. I have to wait a little bit before it goes live. But listen to you guys like all the time, and just what atnight tonight? I literally I wasn't going to give up, but I walked out, I changed my shirt. I come back in all of a sudden that that five run inning and it's going crazy. I'm thinking, like I was already mentally prepared, well what it's going to go win in Game six? And then obviously everything just one crazy. So just want to call and say thanks guys. I remember even as a kid, people talk about in eighty one listen to that on the radio at.
Speaker 10: A campground when Rick Monday.
Speaker 24: Hit that home run and stuff like that. So yeah, this has been this is this. I appreciate you guys taking all these calls tonight, and I know you got to wrap it up, but man, I just can't believe we're world champions again eighth time.
Speaker 12: This is awesome.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Thank you Jerry for the nice words. Yeah, it's it's a sweet night for dot your fans. I know the celebration is still happening, but unfortunately we can only take one more call, and that's Angel and Madera. Angel, how you doing that?
Speaker 22: What's going on?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 13: Angela?
Speaker 2: You guys having a little party.
Speaker 5: There am fifteen.
Speaker 13: A M five seventy l A and uh, I want to thank you guys.
Speaker 11: So uh you know, being part of our our world Surrey championship.
Speaker 2: Oh, we appreciate that. We thank you Angel for being listeners to M five seventy l A Sports and of course all the Dodger games here on an fi Selvie. Thank you so much.
Speaker 12: Hey Kim, I'm not done yet.
Speaker 3: Hold on real quick.
Speaker 2: I want to get a couple of shots out.
Speaker 11: First of all, I want.
Speaker 9: To thank all the Dodgers fans were sticking with us through the.
Speaker 11: Thick and stand of the series out there in New York, and you know we're gonna come back.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 11: Just one of is more.
Speaker 8: Uh my grandfather, mister Ramunda Mendez, who's the one that came made.
Speaker 12: Us become a doctor fan.
Speaker 22: With the nineteen eighty one Fernando so to alls and Dodger.
Speaker 5: Fans use it for us.
Speaker 2: Awesome, baby, let's go all right, Angel, appreciate it, man, Glad you got the shoutouts in that is awesome. The official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond and all Dodger games is Daniels Jewelers. Just going to any locations stay home run for your free team bracelet, fifty dollars gift card for it's any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniel Jewelers owned the Dream. Well, that's gonna do it for Dodger talk. I want to say a many, many, many thanks to the best in the business, the one and only Colin Ye He is one of the best on and off the mic He is a great guy and I just want to thank him for all his help this year. Navigating through a busy baseball season is never easy. We started together in the middle of the night on March twentieth, as the Dodgers were playing in Soul, South Korea, doing Dodger Talk and AM Drive after the Dodgers played the San Diego Padres, and here we are calling, wrapping things up almost midnight by Halloween. What ends a great championship twenty twenty four season. Thanks towing you, Dodger fans for being in the part of the show. I love doing Dodger Talk, being a part of it. David Vesse does a bulk of it during the season on behalf of David and Colin. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for being a part of the show, participating with the show, listening to the show, downloading the show, and tweeting us as well. We'll have offseason Dodger Talk throughout the winner as the Dodgers look to redo it in twenty twenty five. But the Dodgers in twenty twenty four, for the eighth time in franchise history, are able to say they are the champions of Major League baseball so long, everybody