Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Welcome to The Dan Caplis Show. You got well Kuny Sheriff Steve Reem sitting in the driver's seat today and it's a pleasure to be here, especially with our guests that we have on the line. We have us Border Zar Tom Homan on the line, and he's going to break down a little bit of what happened yesterday in Boulder, and we're also going to talk a little bit about whether or not Colorado is in fact a sanctuary a sanctuary state. Mister Homan, thanks for being with us and give us a little bit of your thoughts on what happened yesterday in Boulder, Colorado.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a couple of things. First, we're seeing an increase on the threats against Jewish population. But President Trump, as you can see, sorry take an accent on college campuses. But you know, the whole issue of overstay pieces has become a problem over the last couple of decades. No one's really addressive. But ICE is going to I mean it's not a coinctance. But just last week we had a meeting talking about we're going to increase the target profile for overstays. You know, we seven day one, we're going to constory on public safety threats and ask the security threats. I'd be the priority. However, we're going to open we're opening that aperture now to include positives, those who've had a hearing, had due process, we're ordering move and didn't leave. And we're going to add overstay visas to it because overstay visa has become a big issue. Every year we get at least at least sixty thousand people over steer their visas, so we're adding them as a target list and you can see a ramp up that or really quick.
Speaker 2: Well again, I can't I can't thank you enough for being on the show. And you know, what happened in Boulder yesterday was obviously a tragic incident, but you know that's the thing you've been warning us about many times over since you took over the helm as the borders are for the United States, and that's you know, we got to worry about these folks that are in our country unvetted and and undocumented, and no one knows where they're where they're at exactly. So transitioning from that, I live in the state of Colorado that I know has drawn a lot of fire from from your folks, especially the Ice uh and the ICE agents right here on the ground. But my governor, Governor Jared Poulis repeatedly says that Colorado is not a sanctuary state. And I'm just curious, do you agree with him on that on that particular point.
Speaker 3: No, I don't agree in that point. Here's a game they play, right. They're saying, well, if ICE comes to the criminal warrant and we have a very bad guy, will we'll we'll work with Ice. That's not what the ferniv law says. So Ferger law says, first of all, we don't need a criminal law says when we process for a ministry and warrant and the ICE officer issues, not a judge, it's to turn over. That's what the Studal statue says. But you know, they and they say that they work with Ice, but they don't.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 3: We don't have they don't have a guess access to the county jails. Most of the County of Colorado, few the sheriffs are working behind the scenes with us. But overall the states, the sanctuaries takes. He knows that. Look at Denver mayor and him went at it, you know, just after the election. You know, he was going to put roadblocks up coming to Denvery's anglette ice in there and I had a threatened to put him in jail before he back down. So you know, well, when we all over Colorado, I made a promise sanctuary cities across the country, they don't let us in the jail the rest of the bad guy. That means we want to send people to the neighborhoods look for him, and if we can't find them other homes, then we'll find them at place appointments. So sanctuary cities don't get exactly what they don't want. More agents in the neighborhood, more agents and worst enforcement operations. We're going to get the bad guy, whether you help us or not. And when we find the bad guy in the community and the work site, if they're with others or in the country legally but not the criminal target, they're coming to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You guys have been very prolific with that in other places in the country, and I welcome it to Colorado. I am one of those sheriffs that does work with eyes, as you probably well know, but there are plenty of places here in Colorado that do not. To that point, we had a young lady that was killed here just not too long ago, by the name of Caitlin Weaver. She was killed by a fifteen year old, a legal immigrant that crashed into a car and ended up getting the severe punishment of probation when she went to court in Arapahoe County. Luckily enough, over the last few days, some of your ice agents were able to pick that young individual up and are working to deport him from the country. I don't even care if you comment on it. I just want to be able to tell you thank you for the work that your people are doing to try to bring.
Speaker 3: Justice to that FA's sad thing though, if that was if that was a US citizen, you know they got probation, no ABS. When a lot of judges are given these illegal alien to lighter sentences so they don't come into the attension advice. Matter of fact, if you're a resident alien and you get commit to a felony, you can lose your green card, but you've got to have these three at least two a year in jail. There's some of these sanctuary states that you know they'll finally give them thinking three hundred and sixty days because they know had three hundred sixty five days when pour so I appreciate me. I appreciate your work. And look at ICE. We're out there. We're out there. You know, the ICE agents are back to work. There's they're forcing the laws congresson acted and they're upolding the olth they took on like the last four years. They're excited Marile's hide. They're getting to do their job, making it the street safe again.
Speaker 2: Well, I know what the big the one big beautiful bill. There's talks of funding for up to ten thousand. I believe ICE agents, and I couldn't welcome more of them to Colorado if I tried. So I know you're going to be directing some of that, So send them our way. We can definitely use them.
Speaker 3: And like I said, we're gonna we're gonna flood his own with sanctuary states. So you're gonna expect the big shriff right there in Colorado. But you guys think you're like you know yourself. They've got a good sheriff's stay. We get a few, but uh, you know Denver. You know we're gonna be all over Denver, Denver, and we know this is a huge deal of alien popular is there more agents we have, the more ands rass and the President Trunkeys has promised American people on running the biggest deportation now psist country ever seen.
Speaker 2: So something that you've educated many of US sheriffs too, and I think law enforcement across the country is the role that a lot of these NGOs play, non governmental organizations play in the process of I guess inbounding a lot of these illegal immigrants into the interior United States, specifically Catholic charities has been targeted a few times. And I'd just like for you to maybe explain how these NGOs used federal funding or had been using federal funding to help facilitate moving these folks inward to the to the inner parts of the United States against kind of your mission as a as a as the borders are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in my opinion, these NGOs that I think they're complicit and anyways, them and they made billions with the bi billions of dollars in US government funding to help people get based in this country. And you know, they're implicit in these people not being detained. And there's a reason they're doing that. If you're detained and you get a hearing from a judge for integration, you get hearing it in forty days. But if you're released to the evengels, you're not in custody advice, you're not detained by it. He raised an nng O. You're put on what we call the nine detained doctet. Your hearing is gonna be three five seven years down the road. So they're very complicit. Here's what they did. And they did that even though there's thousands of empty beds that ICE had at about one hundred and forty bucks to night. They get int the NGOs pay five hundred bucks a night for hotel rooms. Well, just because they're on nine detained doctor. Because what they're hoping for, here's a plan. Let's go Anny tape. Doctor will take three five seven years in the hearing. By then, hopefully we'll have a democratic president. He can word all these people on MST. That's why they're going nuts right now, arrest a lot of people, and we're ruining their plants because hopefully, excuse me, hopefully a lot more. I'm not going to be around when the next Democratic president comes in. So that's right, we've got to push hard. We're ruined their plans and you know, just flooding the country illegal amiens. And some day they gave me the AMC taking their off future Democratic boarders. They don't like what agents doing right now, we're in the middle of their plans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're definitely disrupting the plan of that resettlement into the interior United States. Kind of switching gears a little bit here. Recently there was some news about a about the Attorney General, the US Attorney General filing suit against the state of Colorado over sanctuary laws here. And I know that they're doing that in a few other states, and New York comes to mind, I believe the state of Washington maybe the other What do you see the success of those lawsuits? And you know, kind of what what's the game plan there?
Speaker 3: Well, so hold account for harboring, concealing. I said for a long time when I was life dressed, I got beat up by the left. I made a statement one day saying, you know, when I was a special agent, I a long time ago, I arrested US citizens for harboring and I will go alien in their home or harboring them in their placement appointment, annoyingly harboring, concealing illegal alien, A nice a family. So I said, wait a minute, and if I can rest you a citizen that harbor them their home, why can't I pursue Why can't we prosecute a sanctuary city person who refuses to entry into the jail. You know, as a policy and as mayor whoever says you're not allowed to entering the jail because you know, and I know, when you run something, you wrest somebody, you run through, you run the finger prints fan inc I see it automatically bounces against the HS databases so that when it comes back, So now I know that it will go alien time homing. Just got booked in at Drango County Jail for you know, larsity whatever. And we know that because the fingerprints came back.
Speaker 2: So we got.
Speaker 3: Biometric biographic information to that guy who we have a prior history with.
Speaker 2: It's looked is looked in.
Speaker 3: That jail right now. And if we go to that jail and talk to him. We're not allowed into jail. Is that not harboring and concealing Ami from Ice?
Speaker 2: I totally there.
Speaker 3: You're not giving us access to him. What Pam Bonney is doing? Okay, well, at what point do these Thanks Curious City if there's just cross that line of harboring? So uh, we're going we're going to test it out in the courts. We think it's worth worth giving a shot because you know, as I can't tell you how many how many child like in Massachusetts. And I got angry at Seapack speech because earlier that day I read about nine nine nine people convicted of raping a child, sexuallest kind of with a child that were released from county jails in Massachusetts right than given to Ice. And we're like, one of the guys we went and found two years later? Now, how many children here attacking two years? So we're gonna take We're gonna take the Thanksburius City stuff on, and I think we're gonna win it.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. You know, like I said, you've given all of us a huge warning as the borders are. Just to remind everybody who has borders are Tom Holman on the line. You've you've warned us all that this stuff is going to have consequences, and we're starting to see the effects of that in Colorado. I shouldn't even say starting. We're feeling the effects of that in Colorado from yesterday and Boulder to daily down in Denver and around the state. I guess I'll give you one more opportunity here to leave us with a parting shot for your warning to the state of Colorado.
Speaker 3: It's probably be out in Colorado.
Speaker 2: I was out Denver once.
Speaker 3: I'll be back many times. I'm gonna bring a whole bunch of agents with me. We got a big illego any pop place and need to take off the streets. And the people say, well for the starts to deportation operas, that's kind of it. That's kind of a racist thing to do. And notice, and we just went to four years of historic illego immigration or nine out of ten people that came across the border, crame and sign them nine out of ten, based ten years of court at at nine out of ten would end up with an order removal. If we don't execute those orders, if we don't follow the judges orders. Then what the hell are we doing? They shut down immigration court obviously it doesn't need any anymore, take the board off the border because sells immediate. There's no kind that's the question. No that nine out of ten who had their due process a great tax pairish pence get already removed. They're going to be removed it now. We sent a message to the whole world into country really so crime. Don't worry about it either go to court, no on board to court, but lose your case. No one's secking for you. We'll never fix this problem. There has to be consequences to law breaking and that's exactly what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Well, Tom, I can't thank you more for being on the show. Again, this is US Borders are Tom Holman again, Thanks for everything you're doing. Thanks for the state of Colorado, even though some of the people here don't welcome you. We got to go to break but again, thanks for being on the show. You're listening to the Dankapla Show with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Rings filling in.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Steve RINGMS sitting in the driver's seat today and you know we we didn't get a chance to properly introduce the show at the top of the hour, but that was because we had the freaking borders are on the radio. How about that Tom Holman Us borders are on with this in that first segment, And you know, honestly, I probably could have kept that guy on for the entire show, if, if, if his schedule allowed. But you might be surprised by this, but he's got a few important things to take care of. And I don't know if you could hear it in his voice if you're out there in radio land, But I think the guy's getting a little tired, so letting him go get some sleep and refuel for tomorrow is probably the most expedient thing to do. But I'd love to hear what you think about what Tom had to say, what mister Holman had to say. And you know, obviously we're going to transition into talking about what happened in Boulder over the weekend. But you can text in five seven seven three nine, start your text with Dan or call in at three O three seven one three eight two five five, which I would much more prefer love to have the conversation to give and take with anybody that wants to call in. But you know, what happened over the weekend in Boulder is just it's tragic. You know, we've been talking about the effects of illegal immigration, and I think when when we have those conversations, a lot of people assume, well, we're talking about people flooding in across the southern border and using up our resources and maybe not paying into Social Security properly or getting paid under the table, all those things that are problematic, you know, using our health resources and not necessarily refunding those through paying taxes. That's problematic. But these are the issues that what happened in Boulder over the weekend, that's what borders our Tom Holman's warning us about for quite some time now. While this Mohammed Sulliman flew into the country from Egypt, I think in twenty twenty two, that doesn't mean that there haven't been plenty of encounters of that same kind down at our southern border. I've been down on the border several times through the Federation of American Immigration Reform, They've sponsored some border schools, and I've had the opportunity to see exactly what was coming across that border during the Biden administration, and I can tell you that this one guy from Egypt is just the tip of the iceberg. And you know, we know about the incident in Washington, d C. Where the two uh Jewish folks were shot and killed in execution style murder only because they were Jewish. And we know that these people were targeted on the Pearl Street mall only because they were Jewish, you know, when you're chanting free Palestine at the same time. I don't know how you question anybody's motives at that point. It was an obvious terror attack. And our question has to be, now, how you know, how open are we to these types of attacks since we've allowed our border to just go unfettered for the last four years. Again, call in give me your opinion three o three seven one three eight two five five, or you can text in at five seven seven three nine. Start your text with Dan or Sheriff or whatever. We'll try to read all those on the air once they start coming in. But you know, it's it's just one of those things where we live in an environment now where you want to believe that you can walk out on the on the mall, you can express your political views and not be accosted for doing so, you know, not even necessarily be threatened. But then we get this situation where we have this idiot strap on a weed sprayer on his back, a plastic weed sprayer that needs to be made known, and fill it with gasoline and another chemical called xylene in order to make a flammable mixture, and then he decides to light that on fire and use it as a flamethrower while he's throwing molotov cocktails and leaves. I've heard as many as sixteen molotov cocktails behind. Because his plan didn't go quite the way he hoped it would. And you have to thank God that that's the case, because had that plan worked out totally, well, you know, we're probably dealing with way more injuries or even fatalities. So I'm glad his plan. I'm glad it wasn't a very good plan. But nonetheless, we have eight people that are injured too, very seriously injured. And you heard during one of the news breaks, you know, he's being charged with eight eight counts of attempted murder. I think we have a caller on the line. I don't have a name for him, but we'll go to that next caller, James and Boulder, what do you have to say?
Speaker 5: You know, I've lived here since nineteen seventy two, okay here as a very young guy, like seventeen years old going to college. Sure, and and you know, it was fun and everything was nice and things have been gone well for years. But I agree with what's been said before. It's getting more and more. What's the words, not friendly, not with not friendly to people that are Republicans are believe like things should be a little bit different. So I'm just I'm astonished that the local people are the local news here doesn't even want to say a word about what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't it crazy? And how we don't want to call it terrorism either? We dance around that term.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: And you know, if anyone wants to listen to what John Caldera said before that, sure, I'm actually I'm older than he is, and it's like, no, he has it right, and I don't get it. And it's like it's getting you know, the traffic's getting worse and worse, and things are getting worse. But it's like I don't understand what's going on. It used to be pretty nice when I got here and now it's like I'm a little too old to move. But it's like I don't get it anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, James, let me ask you, do you feel do you feel safe being who you are when you walk around Boulder? And we're going to break, so I don't have to be a quick answer, but do you feel safe walking around Boulder?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I don't have a problem with it. I mean, I'm allowed to character build weapon. I don't do it. But it's like, but it's like it's no big deal. Boler's like it's.
Speaker 2: Weird, you know. Okay, we got a hard break here, James, stick with us. We're going to cut to break. You listen to the Dan Cafley Show here with Well County Sheriff Steve Raims is your guest host.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: They while Dan's off at court and boy, we're getting the text rolling in for sure, and keep them coming. We'll get to him as soon as we can. The text number here is five seven seven three nine. Started out with Dan or sheriff, And when we went to break, we were commenting a little bit or getting some reactions to having borders. Our Tom Homan on at the start of the show and some of the comments he made, and boy, the call lines of lit up too, So we went to break. We had James from Boulder. We'll finish up with James. Are you still there with us, buddy? James going once, going twice? Okay, I guess James dropped off somewhere. Let me read a couple of these texts, then we'll get to our next caller. One here, says Dan, For those that are unaware of what happened in Paris over the weekend, what happened in Boulder is only a small sliver of what we are in for in the US if we don't fix the immigration issues. A decent portion of those allowed in our country from February of twenty twenty one to twenty twenty five have no desire to assimilate into the US. They want to take over. That's very true. I mean that's what we saw with this individual who came in and attacked the people down in Boulder. I mean, he had no desire to become a US citizen, even though he tried to claim asylum. His goal here was to cause hate and discontent, which she obviously was somewhat successful at one more text before we get to our next callery. This one's pretty good, said Steve. You just admitted to working with ICE on the air. Aren't you afraid of being fine under the new state laws? No, I'm not. Senate Bill two seventy six. It did put some it did reaffirm some restrictions on the way that a jail can interact with ICE, but some of the worst part of that bill was actually taken out, so I still have the ability to work with ICE in the way that was constrained under House Bill eleven twenty four from twenty nineteen. And our relationship with ICE is still as strong as it was before two seventy six was signed. And I continue to have a good partnership with those guys, and I think they're doing God's work. Right now, we have Ryan from Roxboro. He wants to comment a little bit about the Palestinian supporters. Ryan, are you still with us? Mister Ryan? Maybe not? I don't know, Zach. Maybe these guys didn't want to stick around through the through the break here, so we'll go to a yeah, Ryan, are you there?
Speaker 4: Weird?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 7: Anyway, I just wanted to comment real quick on the pro Palestinian crowd, right, And I do think a legal immigration is a big deal in this country and we need to take care of this. But you know, my concern here in particularly with the pro Palestinian crowd, is that you know, this is the same group of people that were firebombing teslas, who are executing Israeli official Jewish people who are executing CEOs, whose protests that college campuses are intended to intimidate. My question is, I don't know how plugged you are into TikTok or Reddit, but they seem to have very large voices, and the moderators on those platforms don't care to, I guess, police their actions or what they're saying on those on those websites. And so for me, it's like the writing is on the wall here of kind of where these people are going. And this is homegrown terrorism in my mind. So if I don't see the Trump administration going after hate speech of this caliber online, then they're not really serious about anything. They're not really serious about tackling what we're going up against in this country, And in my opinion, we're kind of in a wartime period and it's a domestic terrorism that the left is always accusing the right of but it's coming to fruition. We've had a lot of events already happening this year.
Speaker 4: What's next, Well, that's.
Speaker 2: A great question. And you know I've said many times over none of us want to experience another nine to eleven event. But it feels like we've we've imported the folks that could perpetrate something like that, and they don't have to do it all at one time. They can do it and you know, smaller increments like what we're seeing so far. This this attack on Boulder is extremely threatening and you know, you get you get one of those every week or every few days, and yeah, it definitely puts a freeze on the country. And I agree with you on the social media stuff. I'm not a TikTok user for for a litany of reasons, but I think that just screams to the idea that you have this unfettered platform where people can you know, they can basically plan and and and spin each other up that in a way that kind of, like you said, it goes unchecked. At some point, I think this administration has to crack down. And I hope that you're seeing the people at the FBI and other the other three letter agencies that are focusing on that and trying to figure out a plan of action. But I mean, they got a lot of work ahead of them, a ton we'll have to see.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm to convinced that it's just.
Speaker 7: Illegals in the country that are the I agree with a lot of ground, which is white liberals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you. There's that radicalization that's happening from people who who flat out don't understand what they're supporting. They've got an ideology in their head that has been brainwashed into them, and I think they're going blindly into that. But Ryan, thank you for the call, and thank you for waiting with us through the break there. We really appreciate you calling in. We'll get to a couple more texts here. Here's one from Boulder says, I feel totally safe and bolder, but I'm not marching in a demonstration. It's true Colorado isn't as safe as it used to be. But solutions offered imposed by both sides or tired old ones that have never worked. There's a lot of truth to that. It says, does, why does and has America had the worst crime out of all the developed nations in the world where I'm standing, Almost everything that's been done, we're on drugs, war on crime, lock them all up, has done little to nothing to make the situation better. You know, there's some truth that and I think, you know, we don't deal with the worst of the worst and with penalties the way we should, and we do lock people up in this country for some things that other countries probably take a different pathway to. Our criminal justice system is a constantly evolving process that seems like and we haven't found the total sweet spot, but I can tell you what we have right now, especially in the state of Colorado. Ain't it? For a guy who's been working in law enforcement for twenty seven and a half years, this is the worst criminal justice makeup I've ever seen, and any change from this has to be better. I think at this point, I don't know if this is rock bottom, but if it's not, I hate to see what rock bottom looks like. We have another caller on the line. We have Dean from Oarvada. Dean, are you with us? And what are your comments?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, how you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great deal?
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 6: Hi, thanks for everything you're taking me.
Speaker 5: I was great to have pam Oma st.
Speaker 6: I think that was like a huge I mean, I gus hold out, but that's pretty awesome. One thing I wanted to say about that that guy over in the Boulder. You know, I'm just thanking God, a good guy with the gun. Wasn't there when the Boulder flea show up and they take out the good guy because of you know what happened are bad I mean, all.
Speaker 5: Of a sudden they're shooting.
Speaker 6: They're shooting a good guy, and you know, so you know, there's guys like me that you know, want to protect ourselves and their families and take carings good. And then all of a sudden, you know, I mean, that cock walked up to the guy like, come, aren't you lay down? You know you didn't even both weapon on the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was, I was a little I was a little shocked by the approach of.
Speaker 3: Of those victims on the ground.
Speaker 7: He's just walking up.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's laying on his belly. You know what.
Speaker 5: That guy's a.
Speaker 6: Terrorist and he's willing to die for his fall. Okay, So I'm I'm afraid of the Boulders. The Denver the same utuary. Uh, justice, because the good guy with the gun probably goes to Jill said, hey, you you pulled the gun out of a guy like that, You're going to jail too.
Speaker 2: Well, Dean, you have a good point because in this state, we've we've villainized guns so much. I mean even you know, and as some Republicans supported this bill, but we tied car theft to losing gun rights.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, I can maybe see that in the event that you use a gun to steal a car, but really what that's doing is villainizing the possession of a firearm and saying, you know this, this is your penalty for anything you do wrong.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: This state is is so backwards when it comes to dealing with, uh, how to protect an individual and you know, gun rights in general.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And and look at the look at the look at the end effect.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you've even said you nailed it. You're like, well, there's people are rain washed. The white liberals are so brain washed. Those people could be set on fire, walk your on a video prone they would still both for open borders.
Speaker 2: What do you care? You know, you say that, and I wonder does this impact people? I really, you know, so there are a lot of Jewish folks that tend to vote Democrat, and when you see some of this stuff happening. You know, even our governor Jared Polis, he's a pronounced Jewish person. You know, this has to be a slap in the face to people of that faith saying, hey, we might not be so safe in this environment we've created here in Colorado, and our sanctuary laws certainly are are benefiting us at this point. So I don't know. I mean, you know, take Phil Wiser, tell.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, we've said for for a long time in the law enforcement communities, when this thing gets bad enough, maybe the voters will say, Okay, we've had enough, we need to go the other direction. I don't know how much worse it has to get. I mean, when people are being literally set on fire, I think we've hit rock bottom. I mean, I don't know what else you say about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 6: Thank god we have people like you on the right side, Paul, Thanks Dean, and thank.
Speaker 2: God we have people like Tom Holman. As our borders are in the at the federal level. It was a pleasure to have him on again. You know, if you want to call in the numbers three or three seven, one, three, eight, two five five, or you can text in start your text with Dan at five seven, seven, three nine. We'll get to a few more of these texts and then we'll cut the break and finish out this hour. I will tease just a little bit. We're going to have another splendid guest in our in our second hour of the show. He's almost Tom Holman like, and that's George Brockler. He's a good friend of mine. I really want to get his opinion on what this prosecution is going to look like if this Mohammed Solomon the fire Starter. But he'll be on our second hour. Let's again a couple more texts. This one is great, says yay, Tom Holman. We love you. I wish I had read that while he was on here. Let's see here, Dan, glad we have people like you, Tom Holman and others who have the forty two to hold people accountable. That's from our good friend and Alexa and another one here, Tom Holman is the best another person. Now I'm late because I absolutely had to hear that interview. Awesome, you know, I think it's great that Tom has so many supporters, and we were so lucky to get him on. I have some contacts back in DC that helped make that possible, and unabashedly I'm glad that it worked out. Unfortunately, the timing of what happened in Boulder just made it even more apropos But let's cut to break again though. Keep sending in those text messages five seven, seven, three nine, or you can load up the phone lines for our last segment in this hour three O three seven, one, three eight two five five will cut a break and then we'll finish out when we get back. You're listening to the Dan Capless Show with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Raams setting in the hot seat.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Steve Raams setting in covering for Dan today while he's off at court doing big important stuff. But we're trying to hold everything together here. And if you weren't with us at the top of the show, you missed a good interview, or at least a good interview. E We had Tom Homan on to start the show. US Borders Are and he was definitely great to hear some of the comments he had to say. And if you want to believe that Jared Poulis thinks Colorado is not a sanctuary state, I think Tom Holman agrees or looks at that a little differently. But again, it was great hearing his voice in the Colorado airwaves, which is exactly what this text that just came in says. It's a sheriff. It's good to hear Tom Homan on the air in Colorado. I have a feeling we're going to be seeing some of him, or seeing him and a lot of his people in Colorado a lot more over the coming weeks and months. And another text that came in kind of as a lead into that says, what are your thoughts on the group of sheriffs asking for and getting DHS to remove the counties and cities that are sanctuaries from the recent report that was done from the Department of Homeland Security. My county was actually one of those that got removed from the report, mostly because the criteria in which counties or municipalities were deemed to be on the sanctuary list was not clear. I don't know how much how much more I can say, but Weld County is definitely not a sanctuary County. We are not inviting to people who are here illegally. We're not promoting those folks to come to or we're not promoting those folks to come to Weld County as Denver and other places have. We definitely expect people to follow the rule of law, and if they've entered the country illegally, we're not trying to figure out a way to keep them here and hide them and shield them from ice. I'm not saying that we're not humanitarian if need be, but we're definitely we're not taking the path of Denver and other places in the Denver, Boulder, other places in the state, which ironically, if you go to Boulder, very few illegal immigrants in the city of Boulder, the town of Boulder, because you know, they like the policy, they just don't necessarily like it to be in their own backyard. It's definitely a nimby thing when you're looking at Boulder. But we're focused on Bolder because of what happened over the weekend. When you want to talk about immigration policies failing, the case that is being highlighted is from the attack that happened yesterday afternoon about one point thirty where an individual by the name of Mohammad Sabri, Solomon