Speaker 1: Bucks seven ninety.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, I don't know who the hell we think when we are get off our show, idiot.
Speaker 3: The kids are crying or trail off crying.
Speaker 1: Their countries are screwing it up. Gold Play Inner.
Speaker 4: Murals, Brother, gold Play Inner Murals.
Speaker 3: They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not.
Speaker 1: Who's the kid here?
Speaker 3: Who's the kid here?
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Here's nick coffee.
Speaker 3: We made it, Ladies and gentlemen. It is Friday. Welcome in coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety getting you set for the weekend. We made it, folks, it's here. Should be a great weekend. I will say this, I thought by now, not nerves, because it wouldn't be nerves, but like I thought, by now I would be feeling a little not even worried, but just thinking, like about a scenario where Louisville kind of takes away all of the good vibes they gave us by winning at Clemson two weeks later, turning a losing to the worst team in the league. And I never would have like believed that that should happen. But usually, you know, I get a little worried. As we get closer to game day. I try to in my mind think about different scenarios that would potentially, you know, give us different reactions. But I just can't see a scenario where Louisville loses this game. But hey, that's the kind of thing somebody says and then it happens. But you know, we're gonna believe in the power of positivity. Positivity today because Louisville throughout the year has shown when it comes to football that they've they've been a good team. Now how good they are, I mean, if you play good teams close but don't win, it's all subjective. I mean, winning and losing is ultimately how you are evaluated. And they've got enough wins and then they've got a big win against Clemson, so I'm confident that they're going to be able to take care of business. The only concern would be the awkwardness of playing in an empty stadium. Maybe, you know, hopefully jet lag wouldn't be getting them. They flew out yesterday I think, or maybe they flew out today. Either way, by the time this thing kicks off to tomorrow afternoon, I mean, hopefully jet lag has worn off since then, but it is awkward just to think about Louisville traveling that far to play a game this late in the year against a team that is bad, and we'll have no fans in the stands, so you know, that's the only thing that could potentially cause an issue. Louisll's clearly a lot better than Stanford, and even in games this year where they did have letdowns, let's be real, they were against really good teams. So I'm hopeful that they can take care of business. And I say take care of business because I'll be a little preoccupied tomorrow, meaning I'll be keeping up and I'll be watching, but a lot of it will probably be on my phone or depending on where I'm at at the time. But I'm not doing the postgame show tomorrow, so that leaves you in good hands with the one and only Austin Montgomery. That's right, Are you fired up?
Speaker 2: I listen? I am ready. I was hoping today would be Saturday. That's how ready I am.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you're ready. You still got twenty four hours before he gets here. But I feel like you're going to have the task of leading a postgame show when Louisville has their biggest victory of the season as far as you know margin. Let's be honest, they played two bumps to start the season, and they blew those teams out, and that's what you would expect. But really every step of the way it's been rather competitive and they won, or it's been really competitive and they have a heartbreaker. I think tomorrow is the beat down, which is expected, so you know, I'm kind of just ready for them to get past this one and then bring in Pitt for what is the the you know, the ultimate. I mean, it's the last home game of the season, so it's Senior night. It's your last chance to go watch this team play. It'll be either at three thirty or four o'clock, which, as we discussed earlier this week, like it's not a night game, meaning that like it kicks off at night, but by halftime, it's probably gonna be dark outside. And you never know how much weather's gonna change from one week to the other. But I did see that there's already some potential minor snow showers or even I guess maybe flurries, but there could be snow next weekend, which I know that might keep people away, But I think that would be awesome unless it's you know, like ten degrees outside, so Pittsburgh obviously Louisville hopefully they can win out. I mean that's best case scenario, and really that should be the expectation. And I'll get into some numbers later on, because Louisville as of now has played one of the toughest schedules in the country. Now moving forward, their schedule, like the remaining strength to schedule, it's really light because of who you have tomorrow. Pitt they fall in recently, but there's still solid. Obviously Kentucky's having a really rough year, so you kind of have You've gotten through what was viewed as you know, the real challenges, and unfortunately you didn't come through in a few of them, but you did in the most recent one that clearly meant a lot, and I hope that it gives this team some momentum down the stretch here. But the acc scenarios, this is something that I wanted to reset here to start the show, because we talked about a little bit yesterday, but I waited until the four o'clock hour to get into it. And yet I still keep hearing people and I don't know if you just don't want to be proven wrong, because here's the thing. When I tell you there's no possibility that Louisville ends up in the ACC Championship game, you can be the well actually guy, you can tell me, well, you're wrong. There is a possibility. So, like, I don't know why those that have a platform, rather it be writing, television, streaming, radio, they refuse to say that Louisville's not going to be in the ACC Championship Game. And I think it might be because they're worried about the correction police. They're worried about the well actually guy. And I'm here to tell you I don't give a damn about the well actually guy or the correction police, because let's live on planet Earth, let's live in reality. And I'm not doing this till like down Louisville. This is not like an anti Louisville thing, but like Pittsburgh would need to beat Clemson among many other things for that to happen. So I'll give credit words due the one and only Rick Bozych, president of the Kenny Payne Fan Club. He puts something up at WDRB dot com that really lays it out much better than I probably did yesterday. Should I stop doing the digs at Bosich about Kenny Payne, I probably should. I probably should. I mean everything I said it really did happen. But like you know, it's in the past, and he does good work. And I've always had great respect for Rick. But because I would just, you know it, whenever, I would try to make everybody aware how he was so objective for so many decades and he's such he's done really good work as a as a journalist that I vow. I mean, he's he's somebody that I seek out his work to read, and he's always been fair and objective, and then for some reason with Kenny Payin, he wasn't. And it, you know, I wanted to make it clear that like this guy, like what's going on here, don't don't don't think that this guy, because he's always been fair and consistent, is doing the exact thing with Kenny Payne. But nonetheless, I'll probably I'm gonna I'm gonna make it, I'm gonna make it a point to never reference those two together again. But like I'm not you're a You're a Louisville fan. Austin you've you've not worked on this show full time till recently. Like it was a well known thing among the Louisville community that Rick Bosicch is really making himself look foolish by acting like Kenny Payne wasn't a terrible coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back and forth?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean no, No, there was no back and forth.
Speaker 1: He never said a word to me, which is just like all the you know, I remember hearing.
Speaker 3: You remember me making fun of him? You probably yes, and it's you know, I probably shouldn't have, but it it was never personal. It was just, you know, like when people say things that like everybody knows is nonsense. That usually doesn't you know, that happens every day in life. You know, you don't know what's real anymore when it comes to what people are yapping about on the internet. However, Rick is somebody. For a long time, both sides thought that he hated their team. And you know what that means. That means that like he's doing a good job, he's not a homer, and for some reason he became a homer for Kenny Payin and I never understood it. So I just wanted to acknowledge, Hey, you usually can trust this guy to be fair. He's not being honest and fair this time, so it bothered me more than it should have. But Rick does great work and he's the one who put this together that I want to uh to bring up here because here is let's see, by the way, another notable stat about Stanford that we need to discuss here. They've thrown more interceptions than touchdowns this year on the season, and then they've had multiple quarterbacks play, so they've allowed twenty three passing touchdowns, which of course is more than anybody in the ACC. Their next the last in total offense and total defense. They stink really bad. So again that's another confidence booster for me to where Louisville they're playing a team that might be the worst team. In fact, there's no might to it this team, and it is across the country. They are at home, and you know, crazier things have happened. But the more I look at it, Louisville should be favored by more than twenty because Stanford is quite literally the worst team you've played, maybe maybe since you played Austin p in Week one Jacksonville State. They've actually turned it on and been pretty good for who they are Stanford. They suck. So anyways, here's the scenario where Louisville can find themselves in the ACC Championship game. And I don't mean this won't happen, but here's what is worth sharing because it is a little confusing. But again, it just speaks to how many things that are unlikely to happen need to happen for it to even be a possibility. So I'll read directly from WDRB dot comedy. So it is the clearest path Louisville, the clearspath Louisville has to sneak back into the a SEC Championship game. Discussion begins with Pittsburgh beating Clemson, which could happen, but I don't think it'll happen. Now. If that happens, what that does is it actually takes Then this is the reason I wanted to bring it up, because that result would, I guess, for maybe just a moment, keep hope alive for something that is not going to happen as far as the a SEC title game. But what it would do is it would diminish your win against Clemson, and it would actually, you know, I guess, I guess it would make Pittsburgh a more challenging opponent where there's more opportunity for you to get value if you beat them when they come to town next week. But that's the first part of it. So playoff status dot com. It's a website that tracks the conference championship probabilities playoff probabilities for all college and pro teams. Currently, Louisville's likelihood of being in the championship game is seven percent, which I feel like, you know, I'm sure they're crunching numbers. That's a real number, but to me, I'm like, I feel like it seems like more more of a one percent type of thing happening. But are we good? Are we good?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, I just have a couple of questions for the big games.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you let me worry that we weren't on the air or something.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we're good.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I spaz out, I lose my train of thought and I start I have a panic attack, even though nothing's wrong. So that's on me. It's on me. But anyways, back to to the whole acc race here. So Louisville of course lost SMU SMU five and zero and They've got three league games to play. They're nineteen and a half point favorites against Boston College tomorrow, and they're gonna probably be double digit favorites against Virginia and Cal. Who are there, you know, next two opponents after Boston College tomorrow. So you know, SMU is getting in the title game. I mean, that would be the biggest shocker of all is if they lose to one of these three teams. I mean, it could happen, but I just think it seems insanely unlikely. So Cle six and one, Miami five and one, Louisville four and two, and Pit three and two. These are the teams that, by technicality, can still say they're alive in the race for the you know, for the ACC championship game. Now Miami their most recent loss was their first, so they've got Wake in Syracuse, which they should win. Those are not teams that I think anybody would view as real challenges for Miami. Now again, I know, Miami nearly lost to Cal, and Louisville had him on the ropes. They should have lost to Virginia Tech. I forgot about who it was, But that was a game A little bit, a little bit earlier in the season. So Miami has shown us that they are vulnerable, and I guess we'll find out in the next couple of weeks. Here are they vulnerable to the point where like maybe somebody cracked them and they're just they're going to start losing, or are they you know, gonna be able to roll teams like they have at times this year. So again that I mean, the most likely scenario is that Miami and SMU end up in the championship game. I mean, I think right now that is that's what's to happen. So what Louisville needs is Miami to lose to one of those games, and I just don't think that's gonna happen now. Louisville also needs, as we mentioned earlier, Clemson to lose to pit tomorrow unlikely. So if Louisville beat Stanford and Pitt in these next two weeks, they could finish with a three way tie with Miami and Clemson. Obviously, Miami Clemson did not play in the regular season, they're likely to meet in the a SEC championship game. As you know, Louisville lost to Miami, but they but you know, but they would have defeated Pittsburgh at that time. So what would what it would come down to is the fact that these three schools don't share any common opponents, which is really really unusual. I would say this is maybe one of the better examples you'll find as far as understanding that these no divisions within these big conferences, as they continue to expand, is gonna make it to where you can you know, you could try your best to give balanced schedules, but it's gonna be really tough to do, especially if you've got not a whole lot of parody in your league. So they have no common opponents, So the next tiebreaker would be the combined winning percentage of each team's conference opponents. And that's where if these things played out, Louisville would win, and it wouldn't even be close as far as the tie breaker. So they take again the winning percentage of everybody you've played in conference, Louisville, And again this speaks to not only Louisville being a team that you know is I mean again, Louisville is in the top twenty right now of the college football playoff rankings because one, they have a good record, but they also have a really really good strength to schedule, and the teams that they lost to are good. Louisville right now, they're opponents in ACC play their records twenty nine to eighteen. So think about that. The combined record of the ACC teams that Louisville has played, they are eleven games above five HUNDREDAMMI is in second place. Their opponents combined record twenty one and twenty eight, a forty two percent winning percentage compared to Louisville's nearly sixty two percent winning percentage. As far as their combined opponents, Clemson even worse nineteen and twenty nine for a thirty nine percent winning percentage. So if you get there, you're in good shape. For that reason alone, getting there, I think is what is nearly impossible. And as somebody's already brought up on the text line here, and you're right, the things that you need to happen individually, although not predictable, aren't crazy. We're not asking, you know, a flag football team to come in and play the eighty five Bears, but all of those things to happen, that's where I feel like it's impossible. And that's why it's just a seven percent chance of you getting there, So I don't bring it up to you know, I don't bring it up to rain on anybody's parade or anything like that if you are somebody still holding onto that seven percent. But like, I haven't done the show yet, and I probably won't do it to where we're acting as if that's a real thing. So just you know, keep that in mind. That's a disclaimer for you.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: The other reason I thought of it is because I'd prefer louill I mean again, actually let me ask you this, Austin, you know, and it's just there's no right or wrong answer. It's just preference, Ma man, Louisville beating Clemson. That's their big value, right, Yes, they have an opportunity to beat Pitt next week, which right now will be a solid win, but certainly not anything close to what you did at Clemson. It looks good on a resume, yeah, but not, I mean, but not enough to probably well, you would end up being able to say that you beat one of the better teams in the ACCA. But what would you rather prefer Louisville being able to continue to hold on to that special win against Clemson and really just prop up that value or Clemson losing to pitt which makes your win not look as impressive against them. But then maybe the Pittsburgh win has some more value on it because now they've lost two games, but they just be Clemson. So I'd prefer Clemson stay unbeaten. That way, you know, you get to the end of the year, like Clempson could win the ACC. Folks like I don't know they will, but if you can claim that, you know, it might make you feel even more bitter about what happened earlier this year with some of the setbacks against the other teams. But if Clemson wins the ACC, that would end up with Louisville continuing to be able to climb in these rankings each week, if in fact they can, you know, hold on and beat Stanford, pitt and Kentucky. So again, there's no right or wrong answer, but I feel like the scenario where Louisville could end the season looking like a really good team that just you know, had some setbacks early that kept them out maybe that if it's a sixteen team playoff, you're end I think the best scenario where that happens will be when we'll be if Clemson wins out and wins the ACC So that's kind of what I'm pulling for. But again, you know it's kind of all for nothing.
Speaker 2: You know, thinking about that, I was going to kind of go the different way because you could just kind of like parlay the wins, like, all right, let's get the win over Clemson, cause it didn't mean something when he did.
Speaker 1: Beat them when they were ranked. And especially the whole situation.
Speaker 2: I know that they don't look at their undefeated at home at night and however many years.
Speaker 3: But people know, yeah, it's not the committee's not considering it right, but you know, people know like that that didn't happen often, and Louisill beat them worse than the score actually showing.
Speaker 2: So if they remain on and stay strong, I guess like you'd hate you'd feel bad for it, but you want Clemson to kind of bounce back and kind of show some dominance. That way, you can kind of hold that over them if something happens is what was like a seven percent chance if you wanted to really make that come to perish and just like sit there at the end of the year and say, I mean, look how they bounce back from that. Louisville look how bad Louisville beat Clemson. It changed our whole season basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And look, there are some people that see seven percent. They know that that's not a great percentage, but they just believe in magic and maybe and I hope you're right, because that'd be insane. I mean, talk about a complete, you know, unexpected awesome thing happening. So speaking of awesome things happening this weekend, man, I mean, I don't know if people realize this because obviously, you know, it's football season and you got the big Jake Paul Mike Tyson fight tonight, which I want to talk about that. On the other side, we definitely need to get to that. I haven't talked about it at all, and I'll kind of explain my thoughts on the whole thing on the other side. But do you all realize we got some amazing college basketball games tonight in November on a Friday night, So gonna be an awesome sports weekend looking forward to. We'll talk about it throughout these next two and a half hours roughly. But again, the Tyson Paul fight, I mean, I feel like nobody's really saying it out loud, at least that I've heard, but I think a lot of people are kind of on the same page as far as how they view this entire thing, So we'll get to that next. It's coffee and company. We're feel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety guys. I wasn't kidding when I told you that we have a phenomenal Friday evening of college basketball games, which I know some people will be watching, but others will probably be watching the Mike Tyson in Jake Paul fight. But let me just give you a quick little rundown here because I'm want to plan on probably in the five o'clock hour, talking about some of these matchups because I'm gonna bet on them. I mean, you got number two Alabama at Purdue tonight, who's number thirteen, another ranked matchup between Ohio State, who's taken on Texas A and m number twenty one, Moth number twenty three. And then even though these other teams aren't ranked, this is just a rare Friday night where you've got you know, teams you've heard of in power leagues playing each other. Arizona at Wisconsin. Arizona's a top ten team, number fifteen, Marquette at Maryland Number twenty, Florida at Florida State, TCU at Michigan SMU at Butler, Virginia at Villanova Virginia Tech against Penn State West Virginia against Pick Georgia at Georgia Tech. So again, I know a lot of people haven't really shifted to college basketball as far as you know, consuming it other than your own team Louisville and Kentucky. But this is an insanely awesome Friday night in November, which you know it'll never compete with college football, that's not realistic, but hey, it's a pretty good slate of games to where if you are a college back baketball junkie like myself, you can certainly be be entertained by what happens tonight. Now, again, a lot of a lot of the attention in the sports world, which it is a sport, but people don't really look at Jake Paul like like an athlete like they view Mike Tyson, and Mike Tyson clearly an athlete and a phenomenal boxer who's a legend, but he's also an old man. Now, so tonight they're gonna fight on Netflix. It's gonna be in Dallas at Jerry World and if you have Netflix, you can watch it for free. If you want to watch it for free, or if you want to watch it, you have to sign up for Netflix. And they don't like Netflix. I'll give them this, They're certainly not in a position where they need to do trials anymore, Like is that still a thing? Like he used to be able to sign up for all these streaming services and get a trial, but now like it's that you know what you're getting, Like there's really no need for a trial. You're gonna have to pay for it, and you know, you got to decide if you want it or not, and if you do, you pay. There's no contract. I mean, you can cancel and not keep paying, at least I think you can. So you know, this is gonna sound like such a recentcy biased kind of thing to say, but it's really not that recent. I've had Netflix for over ten years. Like if you're consuming some if you're consuming content on your TV. And I said it that way because I don't mean like live TV, Like I can't imagine people not having Netflix, and Netflix is it times not? Even like I find myself really binging more so Apple TV shows. I mean, all the networks I think have at least one thing where I really you know, in fact, Showtime got absorbed by one of them. I might be HBO Max, but like Showtime never never got the right pub in pr because they had some of the best shows I've ever watched. So I just can't imagine there are people right now that don't have Netflix, that have never had Netflix, that are gonna have to sign up tonight. So but look, I'm sure there's millions of them. It's just people that I can't really relate to. I would say, if you're signing up tonight, and I'm just guessing here, maybe I'm way off and we'll never know. But the majority of the people tonight that are gonna be signing up to watch this had it at one point and then just didn't justify the expense because it got more pricey, and they just don't stream a whole lot right like in twenty twenty four, if you still watch content on your television, and I don't you know, when I say watch TV, A lot of people watch TV now using the internet. That's YouTube TV. So maybe they will get a bunch of new subscriptions tonight. But it's one of those things where I'm curious, like, how do you like they're gonna make a ton of money with this? Meaning everybody involved, Jake Paul and obviously Mike Tyson, But I don't know if this is gonna lead to enough sign ups to where it's gonna justify. But you know, I'm sure they know a lot more about it. In fact, I know they know a lot more about the cost and the profit margin and all that kind of stuff. So you know, I'll just tell you what I think is happening here. It's gonna be something that a lot of people tune into watch. It's there's gonna be a lot of excitement for it. But I feel like nobody really views this as a real boxing match. And I don't mean to say that you know that Jake Paul's not a real boxer, because I mean he is now how he's decided to really navigate his career, and I mean it's, first of all, it's really impressive that he's been able to come basically a self made billionaire, and he knows that like by being just good enough to beat the boxers that he fights. Rather it be somebody that used to do UFC or somebody that's a boxer but maybe not that accomplished, Like he has navigated this thing flawlessly to where there are enough people that view like, hey, he could he could box just about anybody. He's that good. And then there's others that, you know, can't really dispute his record, but yet they say, well, he's gonna have to, you know, he's gonna have to really go out there and and take on, you know, some of the best boxers in the world. And I don't even know who that is right now. Mike Tyson certainly is one of the X boxers of all time. But again another strategic move by mister Paul here because he's fighting Mike Tyson. Mike Tyson's old now, like he's not, I mean, he's old. So I'm impressed with everything Jake Paul's been able to do and really become, as mentioned, a self made billionaire. But I feel like the end anticipation for this isn't because people are like, man, I can't wait to see I can't mean, and there are some people that are like man, I hate it. But Jake Paul's gonna kill Mike Tyson or people say, oh my goodness, this guy doesn't al he's getting in the ring with Mike Tyson is an animal. I know those people exist, but I feel like the majority probably is where I'm at, where I'm gonna watch. It's certainly you know it's something, but like I wouldn't be surprised if like it was a setup, like if it was kind of rigged, you know, and there was one event that that Paul was in, which was it where there was like there was never any proof, but like there was enough signs that yeah, there's a reason people think that all this is just like these guys will lose to him because they're gonna get paid money they've never made before, even when they were on top of the game, whether it be UFC or boxing, because that's what that's the that's the eyeballs in viewership. This guy brings to where there's gonna be a crazy payday. They'll take a hit. I mean, we're talking about generating like generational wealth for some of these people. When it comes to the in they blow it all. If they invested wisely, You're gonna get paid to fight Jake Paul and take a loss to where if you're smart, you can set that up for your children, your children's children. Now, I don't know people do that or not. But you know, I'm excited, but it's not like I have the feeling as if you know, this is this is this is the same thing, as you know, I can't even again, Boxing's fallen off so hard to where I don't even I can't even think of the last time like Pacquiao Mayweather. I remember it was on Derby Night many many many years ago, like maybe I don't know, roughly eight nine years.
Speaker 1: Ago, twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, that sounds about right. So that that felt like to me where like here we go like this is this is the best thing boxing has had in a long time. This is actually going to get more attention than that, especially with the streaming world. But it's to me, it's just not the same thing for obvious reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, technically it is a sanctioned fight and it is going to count for both fighters records too, So I guess I don't know what that evens anything out when it comes to the.
Speaker 1: Aspect of, oh, is this rigged or not?
Speaker 2: And Jake Paul has lost before he lost to what's his name, Tyson F's kid, Tommy Fury. I guess he technically lost, like was sometime last year. Yeah, I'm looking up. Twenty twenty three is when he lost to Tommy Fury, and I think that that was like a decision. It wasn't like a knockout or anything like that. But Tommy Fury is like a legit like young boxer.
Speaker 3: So I had no recollection of that, which again sped the power of Jake Paul on the internet to where like he control I mean again, the reason I didn't know that's probably because I don't pay attention to boxing, and this really is boxing and it just really isn't my thing. I'll be honest with you. This has been talked about for a long time because they had to postponent right, it was supposed to take place in the summer, is that right?
Speaker 1: And they supposed Yeah, it was supposed to happen like June.
Speaker 3: You know that they held off because Mike Tyson was having some medical issues because you know, he for a for a career. You know, he fought like he you know, he's not somebody that's had a desk job for you know, fifty eight years. He's a fifty eight year old man who probably is older than that in a lot of aspects, because again, what he chose to do for a living box and you know, beat people's heads in more often than he got his head beat in, but certainly in boxing, like you're gonna have your fair share of wear and tear, so to speak. So I didn't even realize this was tonight until yesterday I said something Austin. I was like, man, we should probably talk about that tomorrow. So, I mean, again, you know better than I do people. I mean, are there still people that just assume that this guy's a total fraud?
Speaker 2: Meeting Paul I, I'm pretty sure that's still like in the like the Internet world and the Twitter world that I consue myself in, that seems to be a thing. But there I feel like recently there's been a lot of not a lot, but maybe there's a small amount of people that actually are like, you know, what this dude is is not honestly all that bad. At this point, he's been practicing, Addie has obviously been doing phenomenal for years. He's in great shape, and he's got some fights under his belt, a lot of questionable fights, mind you, but I mean still, this is he's got he's got his boxing legs under him. So I think everyone's it's in that prime to where everyone's just now wants to see him lose because they do think he is a giant d bag.
Speaker 3: Still, he is one of I think that, you know, unless you're somebody that is relatively in his age range. He's twenty seven years old, Jake Paul is and still very young. I am, I'm thirty. I'm nine years younger than him, so look better than them though, thank you appreciate that. Really do nothing like getting gassed up on a Friday week get the weekend started right. But you know, he's somebody that I think people around my age and certainly people older, a lot of them now as we speak on November fifteen, twenty twenty four, they know who he is, but they don't know why he's famous. Yes, like him and his brother Logan, they turned in going viral on a platform that's been gone for about ten years now. Vine. They were big there and then they became YouTubers. And I remember, you know this makes me sound like an old fogie. I remember Jake Paul being like a you know, an online celebrity, and you know, he had a million followers on YouTube. He was a celebrity. But I remember, like, but for what, like what and then now it's now you can just i mean be a YouTuber Like yeah, but I remember in the early stages before that, because he was a pioneer and he's probably done it. I mean, couldn't you make the claim that Jake Paul and Logan Paul have become people who have become insanely famous, especially within their demograph, and they're really and again, it's a talent to be able to do that, meaning to be able to generate that much viewership and keep people interested whether they love you or hate you. They're consuming what you're doing, they know who you are. That's a talent in itself. But like when I was growing up, you were famous because like a certain reason, like you had, you had a gift. And again, his gift is to just to be able to, you know, keep people interested in what he's doing on the internet. So I'm not acting like the guy is, you know, a clown, But I remember like learning, wait a second, so he's just like famous because a lot of people watching on YouTube and now like it's a whole new world. Like, that's really where a lot of things are headed when it comes to content. But there's a lot of people who probably just think of this guy as a boxer, and they know they see him on social media. They can't open up any platform on the web and not see something about him. But they're still probably thinking, like, so, wait a second, how did he become famous? Like I remember having a conversation who was it with somebody in my family. I might have been one of my cousins, who's who's who's older than me? A cousin old enough to probably be like my parent, second cousin, I guess. But the reason I remember this is because, you know, it made total sensitive But I never thought of it. They assumed that the Paul brothers were the sons of some super famous person, and that's how they, you know, became because you know what, I never thought of this. You know why the Corrections are famous because of their parents, because of you know, uh Oja's was it an ojent? Well other?
Speaker 1: Well what you're saying, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: They're they're they're like Ray J having sex on film and it leaking on the internet would not have been as big of a thing if it wasn't with somebody who was already somewhat famous, like Robert Kardashian's Yeah yeah, so you know him being was he was O Jay's lawyer.
Speaker 1: Right, it's like one of his defense attorneys.
Speaker 3: So that's when they have like their name is known because of their father, and then of course that led to them having some you know, Hollywood access to stuff, and then of course it took off. So I never I never thought that the Pauls were famous because of a relative, but like other people, at least you know, one of one person I talked to, just assume that, And I think, honestly, that's that's not a crazy assumption if you don't realize that people can just you know, they're not on their giving reviews, they're not on there doing talk shows. They're just on YouTube doing whatever, pranks, drama and it. You know, I used to think that this was all a thing to where this is all like a phase and sure enough, eventually there'll be people that like, like, there's no way this is sustainable, and I was dead wrong. Like if you're big on YouTube, and I mean like really big, like you're set, and that's really where you know, a lot of things are headed right now, So I don't have a clue that's going to happen to night. But this is what really is made, you know, takes a little bit of the excitement away from me, is that whatever does happen, I'm not really sure that I'm gonna deep down believe it wasn't staged.
Speaker 2: Some make sense, Yeah, well, I mean look at the pyro and valley who's surrounding it too. I mean, at one point, I don't know if you've seen on Twitter, like Jake had like this like prosthetic belly and he was trying to be like a fat guy.
Speaker 1: Have you been seeing that, Like.
Speaker 3: I think I saw TikTok of it at one point. I don't. And again I'm anti him, but I anything I see with him, I scroll past it, not in disgust, but just like, yeah, that's not I don't really care, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Tyson, they're actually I mean, I don't know the legitimacy of this, but like he's went on the Paul's podcast and he's been like a part of like their their content before, so they've shown that they've been cool with each other. I'm pretty sure Mike respects him now, and that's what like, I'm pretty sure it just came down to a Hey, you want to fight, let's do it. Let's let's get you a payday. And that's what it's turned into. Now it goes to be fair. And I know you know this too.
Speaker 3: I wasn't trying to act like you weren't going to Like, Mike Tyson makes this the big money maker that you know, Jake Paul can fight anybody, and there's going to be a lot of people that will watch it and consuming and it's going to be a big pay day for everybody involved. Mike Tyson makes it times ten like it's the dream scenario for Jake Paul that Mike Tyson is willing to fight him, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean it's gonna be the biggest name on his list. I'm going and looking at some of the people and I kind of forgot about this, but I remember watching when this really first started. Nate Robinson. You remember when he knocked out Nate Robinson during COVID. That was one of the big bigger events when everyone started coming back. And then Ben Askron, he's a UFC fighter, he was a little bit over his time than Ben Askron was like just like a one hit wonder in the UFC. Another Tyron Woodley, he fought him. And here's another one I forgot. Anderson the Spider Silva. I can't remember if he not tim out or that was just like a sad performance.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that the one that people were thinking, Okay, this guy's about to get humbled and then it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: I think so because Anderson Silvia's name what I was growing up. Anderson Silva had hands, but he also had feet too. That's why they called him the Spider.
Speaker 3: So NBC reports here earlier today that that forty million dollars will go to Jake Paul and twenty million dollars will go to Mike Tyson. Mike Tyson, Mike Tyson cannot find and again he's Mike Tyson. This is not an insult, it's just the reality of it. There's nothing Mike Tyson at fifty, in his late fifties that he could do that would get him a twenty million dollar pay day or a twenty million dollar contract over time. So you know, this is a guy who did file bankruptcy twenty one years ago. Really, at that and by the way, at that point twenty one years ago, Mike Tyson's fame had kind of are not hadn't fallen off, but like a lot of the money he was going to make was probably before then. So you know, I'm actually surprised Tyson's not getting more money, which again you know, probably just me overthinking it, but it made him doing it for twenty million. Again, I just mentioned that's money that like he won't get anywhere else, but it kind of also more so speaks to the fact that if he can't get more, he'll take what he can get. So maybe he is just gonna, you know, take a dove here.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 3: I mean again, I don't want to act like people should watch it because it's going to be staged, but it's just set up to where if you do have that mindset, you're not going to be proven that you're wrong. And I also understand why people have that mindset of like, well, how real was this? But I do know we need to get to a quick break. We'll come back here on the other side, take this up till four o'clock. Well, I mean, we'll wrap up the four o'clock hour or three o'clock hour when we come back. But we got two more hours to go, so stick with us, and if you want to join us on the show today, we will let you do exactly that. Five way two five seven one seventy nine hundred is the number if you want to give us a call. The company man himself, he's going to stop buy and join us, coming up at about four o'clock. Ready for that, don't go anywhere. It's Coffee and Company. Feel about Thorton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Coffee and Company with Nick Coffee on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 3: Is this Roy Jones Junior?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Is? Okay? I thought that the connection. I like what you're doing there, because I mean, I don't I mean, did he have a successful run or just like a couple of songs that, like, as they used to say back in my day, set the club off?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think this was a set the club off song. He talks about setting the club off several times. I don't know if it's a dance song or I'm gonna kick your ass song.
Speaker 3: That I ain't never scared. That's him right with other people.
Speaker 1: Never scared. Well, it's a bone crusher, right, but I think he's in it? Is he evenna look at him?
Speaker 3: There's another there's a Roy Jones song that features somebody or he features on it that like we would warm up to it and when I played basketball, yeah, and we would. We would at times while listening to that song, probably envision ourselves as something we're not really that makes sense, just like we're ready to whoop somebody's ass, right, I want it? And you know that wasn't really how we were raised in Bullet County, and we probably wouldn't have done well in some of those fights. But you know, but Roy Jones Junior, let us, let us just get lost. So good stuff, all right? Five W two five seven one seventy nine hundred is the number if you guys want to join us here on a Friday afternoon. It's coffee and company fueled by Thornton's Let's go the phone lines and I will welcome and Steve, Steve, how are we doing? Brother?
Speaker 4: How are we doing?
Speaker 3: Nick? Good to hear from you.
Speaker 4: Great. I'm gonna make three quick points. I never was a Mike Tyson fan. I hope Mike Tyson breaks his face because I'm so sick and tired of these Paul brothers. But you know, Mike Tyson blew through four hundred million dollars when he filed his when he filed his stomach. Yeah, four hundred million. And the point is, I think Mike Tyson could have been the greatest fighter ever had his had his manager not died. I mean, he kept him under control, and after that, that's when he got into all the sexual assault stuff and fighting Mitch Green in the streets. The other point I want to make to all these young guys out there that think that the Pauls are cool, go back and look at the Muhammad Ali and Joe Fraser three fights. They were brutal and they probably led to both of them suffering from early dementia and Alzheimer's because those were the most brutal fights. I think that, and I'm I'm six seventy years old. I just turned seventy, but I think those were I can remember as a kid in my bedroom listening to the description when Ali and Fraser met for the first time, and they did one minute summaries on the radio after each round. Unless you were lucky enough to be able to go to the close circuit viewing.
Speaker 3: But I can't act, Steve, I can't act like I'm you know, I miss it because I wasn't really around whenever that. But like I just know, boxing is probably the one sport that at one point was so humongous that has fallen so far now like other sports have had, you know, roller coaster type of runs, but boxing used to be huge, and it's just been a it's just been a different world in the last it has been.
Speaker 4: And when you see you know, Mma, But I remember Ali saying before the fight that he was going to get a million dollars to fight, to fight Fraser, and he he said, you know, the government's going to get half of it, which back then, our tax rates were much higher, even for the rich. And you know, a million dollars back then was was a lot of money in nineteen seventy or it.
Speaker 3: Was a lot of money to me, sir.
Speaker 4: Listen, Nick, I appreciate it, and I love your show, brother, Thank you, thanks so much. Go Cards, baby, that's.
Speaker 3: Right, Go Cards. Always good to hear from me, Steve. Take care. Yeah, So I tell you what, man like the you know again, that's why I wanted to make sure, like I don't want act like, oh, man, I remember it back in the day. I really miss it because you know, I don't mean I was too young, wasn't alive for a lot of it, and I was too young to really understand it. But even as a young kid, like early nineties, I remember, you know, I remember it being a thing like, hey, there's a big fight, and my dad's might my dad might get it on pay per view, And I'm thinking, like, man, if I ask him if I can watch it, he might think about it and uh and then say, well, you know, we probably shouldn't. You should go to bed. But if I just don't say anything and I act like I'm not paying attention or like I'm in my room, and then I sneak out and it's on, like maybe I'll get to watch it. Because you know, I was young.
Speaker 1: That's a veteran move.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, those are the things you remember when you get older, you know. But I knew at that point, even at a young age like that boxing was a big, big deal. But it was an even way bigger deal before I was alive, and you know, even in the earlier ages of my life. And you know, he mentioned Muhammad Ali and Frasier and you know, now I just don't like boxing, you know, and this is probably not what we should make the show about today. But I don't even know the path for boxing to get close to being what it once was, Like I don't, I mean I would, I'm not educated enough on the sport. I think there's some obvious reasons as to why it's not as popular as it once was and why others like UFC MMA has surpassed it. But when it's good, like it's I mean, it's one of those things where I don't, you know, I watch kind of thinking I have a feel for if it goes, if it does go to decision, what's going to happen. But you know, I'm I know just enough to where I can really be into it, if that makes sense, And I think that's a lot there's a lot of people like that. You know, there's others that clearly you know, our are purists and really love it. So you know, it's there's no doubt there'll be more people watching a boxing match tonight than probably having a really really really long time. And that's good, I guess for the sport. But then again, you know, not saying that Steve said this, but like the way in which it's all came about for Jake Paul, there's just something that will never respect him as somebody that you know, really is because even if he was this undisputed guy that could beat anybody, you know, that would be something that you'd have to respect, no doubt. But I just think because the best boxers didn't have any type of a story like his. He's a guy who got rich on the internet by being a knucklehead doing pranks and you know, that kind of stuff. And really they would tell you this and you know, part of my friends here, I know I can say this and it's not really a bad word. But like I've heard this mentioned by both of them, like their brand to become like super famous was to just be the biggest douchebags out there, like both him and his brother, and it worked for him and boxers. I feel like, you know, you know, I was winning and being great at it is obviously what's going to get you a lot of respect. But I think there used to just be something about how you carried yourself to where these guys really were, you know, larger than live superheroes, because you know, they were really fighting each other and they were you know, like I see this a lot in UFC, and it's one of the things that still, you know, gets me. And I know it's corny, but whenever these dudes literally are trying to kill each other in the ring. And I don't mean like literally, but if they did and it happened, you know, you probably wouldn't get charged for murder, right, So to see the rocky yeah, see to see such a violent and I mean you're out there to beat the brains out of somebody, not not literally, but you know what I mean. And yet there's such a level of respect among competitors like that hits me to my core. And you know, I think with with with Jake Paul, like, I just don't know he'll ever get that respect from anybody within that world the way he probably wants it because of his story. But you know, hey, he's making a lot of money, and money matters, you know what else matters? Well, that was not a good transition of well, actually, let me rephrase this, so I want to try to polish it up a little bit here. When it comes to Blue You, when it comes to Blue Chew, I have I mean, I've been giving you the honest truth about it. But like when i'm you know, I try to lighten the mood and not make it seem like something that's so serious and something that people feel like they need to have because they're struggling with some kind of issue with maybe a rectalitis function. But you know, in all seriousness, it is a legitimate product that, like you know, is popular for a reason. So Blue Choo it's an online subscription service. They give you the same active ingredients that you get in a Viagra or a sillus, and it is at a fraction of the cost, and it's in a little blue chewable tablet. And again it's both things are true. It can help you if you in fact need help when it comes to being able to perform, but it also can just enhance the experience if you are not having an issue as far as you know, actually performing. You just want the experience to be better for both you and your partner. So here's a little bit more of a mature way to promote what they do. Again, you know, everything I've said is true, but you know, maybe it can turn some people off because they think I'm just one here being raunchy and I don't mean to do that. I'm just telling you the honest truth. Rather, you need it to get the job done, or you just want to do a better job yourself. It can help you. So they're gonna let you try it for free. That's how much they believe in their product. You go to bluetoo dot com, sign up a promo code Nick seven ninety. All you pay is five bucks shipping. You get your first month free blue shoot dot com promo code Nick seven ninety blue shoot choo it and do it all right quick bright. We'll come back on the other side and welcome him in at is the company man himself making his return here and we're looking forward to it right here at sports Talk seven ninety