Speaker 1: Ripped up needed by so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running.
Speaker 1: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 1: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take in place, make your life a little easier. And if you're streaming, I will get a picture up of the studio and Mark and Gang in a minute here. So what's going on in your life? And how can I help you? That's what I ask each and every day. And I want to I want to put our number up because I want you to know you can call three oh three Martino at any time three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six and we'll attempt to help you in everything we do. This hour brought to you by I just can't wait to tell you about some of the stuff here. This hour brought to you by, First of all, waterpros dot net, the best water systems, the lowest prices. They have a combined system of both soft water for the whole house and reverse osmosis drinking water at the kitchen sink. Never before at this price, I'm telling you thirty one ninety five, you can never ever beat it. In fact, I promise you plumbers would start at ten grand or more for these systems. This is in your home for three and ninety five dollars fully installed waterpros dot net three oh three eight six two five five five four. I also want to mention we have a guest. What we were scheduled to have a guest red rocks, roof and solar, and she can't make it today, but I do. We will answer any solar questions you have. And I'm going to go right to the phones. Your phones take priority, and then I'm going to unload on you some stuff that I think you will find fascinating. It's it's science and the science of making money. The science, not the theories, not the philosophies, the science. Bill, welcome your first up. What's going on? Bill?
Speaker 4: Hey there, Tom, I just appreciate you getting back to me so quick on the email I had contacted you regarding regarding the testimony who had for the tops.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I always answer emails and texts if I can, I try to answer all them. What's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Well, again, I just found you on YouTube there with your testimony who has Yes, sir, and I was just looking to finnel up to see how you're doing this time. It's been over years since you had to assume.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes, sir, and I had a follow up image and CT and all of that and X rays and it's absolutely perfectly seated and zero pain and movement. That's it. And and of course because it's a titanium implant in my back, there is no way it can ever ever fuse or get arthritic or grow arthritis or any you know, or you know or bone spurs. This is what I meant, So I can't develop arthritis there. And is there anything specific you wanted to know about that?
Speaker 4: Well, it's just amount of been on the fence. My father had the issue over all the years. He never had any kind of surgery. He passed away like twelve years ago at age eighty two. But he was always in the same kind of issue problem with back, and more and more so the back than the leg. But for me, and I think your testimonials said you were having more lake problems compared to back problems.
Speaker 1: Correct, Well, I was having a lot of back problems, and Mark and sues can tell you that, oh I can attest to that, Oh my god, the back pain. But later on it went down the leg to where I swear to God, sometimes I'd lock up and couldn't move. I was in so much pain. I mean, if you had to give some negatives about it, what would it be? Negatives about what?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 1: About the surgery, anything at all? My no, you know, you know they say they're pros and cons of everything. I can't think of anything. I mean, I mean, I just can't. I you know, it's surgery. It's major surgery, right, I mean, so you know surgery is surgery.
Speaker 6: But yeah, but if you recall, Man, you were bounced back within a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was walking around that night, out of the hospital the next day. And You're right, Mark, You're right.
Speaker 6: I'd be curious how to leave this feeling, because right around the same time he had fusion, right, And I.
Speaker 1: Love to leave, but I'm gonna tell you this, and he'll admit it. He was laid up for a long time after surgery, and and and he was and you know, I'm not saying that that that fusion won't take away pain it does immediately because it fuses you. It doesn't allow you to move that area and it and it frees up and they try to free up the nerve and then fuse it. Of course I had a care pay for the tops. Yeah, it did for me, and most insurance will because it's FDA approved. So Bill, I don't have any pros and consent.
Speaker 6: I mean, wait, wait, wait, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I just thought of a con you told me, but it didn't relate to you.
Speaker 1: What is what can only do one? You can't do messicable? That's right, that's right. If you have multiple levels right now, right now, they can do them, but they're not approved. They're not FDA approved. They're experimenting on multiple levels. And there are certain parts of the back they don't do. They do lower and they and admit I don't think they do neck area yet. They don't have the smaller ones developed for the neck.
Speaker 7: Right right now.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I'm pretty much leaning into it now because this last month that's really hit me up bad.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 4: I won't get onto all the details that I did to the due potential damage to make it aggravated, but the last thing I did is stupid on the boat. I was out fishing on the boat, sitting down, and all I did was I turned around in.
Speaker 7: My to pick up my.
Speaker 1: Isn't that amazing? I swear to God one movement, one movement can put you into the stratosphere. Do you know that they say that eighty five percent of all men will develop low back problems. Eighty five percent. Now, now, Mark's not going to be one of those. He's just he just was born that way. There are certain people that have just a certain flexibility and physiology they just never have pain. Deputy Dan was the same way, never had to announce the pain. And I think he's around my age. Here's another thing, Bill, I want to say, even when they're in Mark. I wanted to say, even where there are multiple levels of sublexations and compression, they can use tops in this way. What they do is they if you need a fusion because you have several layers, they can do a fusion and then incorporate the tops so you don't get the adjacent disk disease. Because that's the problem with fusion is that it puts too much pressure above and below the fusion. And I do believe I do believe there is a way now to do the fusion where it must be done because it's multiple. And then on top and below the fusion, they use the tops to keep the adjacent disease because that's what goes that's where fusions go wrong. The fusion never goes wrong, it's perfect, but above and below the fusion you have failure usually. And what I heard was they were using they were using this flexible artificial vertebra that I have. They were using it above and below fusions. So listen. The best thing for you to do, Bill is to talk to a qualified surgeon who deals with these or if you email Premium Spine, they're really good at getting back to people.
Speaker 4: Oh and I have a consultation coming up next month as the male clinic in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: Do they do the TOPS procedure?
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, yes they do.
Speaker 4: They have one surgeon. Originally they said I was a ten or twelve month wait to get on the waiting list of something. But then I asked that my record's transferred from Mayo to a different place that did it, and within a day they called back and said, oh, we can fit you in next month.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's great. I'm glad. You don't do much better than Mayo, do you? As far as a reputation, Bill, I wish you the best man you you Uh, let me know how it goes.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it back.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you if you like, Here's what I said. If you have the bone structure, that's the other thing. You got to have the bone structure to accept the implant above and below, and then you're done. Michelle has a issue with the sale of a twenty ten Cadillac. Now is this selling or buying? Did you buy this?
Speaker 5: Yes, we bought it.
Speaker 1: And what's going on with it?
Speaker 8: Well, when we took it for the test drive, the check engine like came on, and so of course we inquired about what was going on, and Sean, who is I believe the owner of the business, had said that it was just the sparkplugs and wires.
Speaker 1: And did you ever think about having it independently checked?
Speaker 8: I mean, unfortunately not until.
Speaker 1: After we were How many miles were how many afterwards doesn't mean much. How many miles on it, I.
Speaker 8: Know one hundred and fifty something thousand.
Speaker 1: I believe, yeah, that you know you're getting it without knowing the previous history. One hundred and fifty is going to always spell problems. But I want to come back to you. Hang on, I want to give you more time. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three h U five five. Let's find out what's happening with this escalated more right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent unto your content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a trouble shooter. Okay those streaming I have the studio up and running for all of us to enjoy the ugs back at the studio. Anyway, we can all chip in for Christmas by mark another shirt? Oh please anyway Michelle monkey shirt? Yeah, oh hey, don't bring that up on a don't ruin my day. Please don't ruin my sef. Sometimes he does have the ugliest shirts.
Speaker 3: But you wore a Beatles shirt one day?
Speaker 1: I did one day. I got it at Costco. That's fighting my shirt. Today's New York. It's New York. It's the Brooklyn Bridge. I think that's for Brooklyn Bridge.
Speaker 3: Did you buy it?
Speaker 9: Tom?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Did I buy it? What the hell is that? Oh?
Speaker 9: I can say if you believe this, I have a bridge that I can tell you.
Speaker 1: Oh oh that, Oh that's a very clever doctor. And mark that down broom boom, Mark he was clever anyway. So I want to go and talk to Michelle about her car, and Michelle, I want you to know this. I promise you. I'm not just trying to deliver bad news here. But usually when you have a used car and you don't get it checked out. Now, a checking out is not perfect, but it's something it can at least alert you to problems. But let's get right to it, because even though you didn't get it checked out, dealers are not allowed to lie to you and not allowed to cover things up. So let's analyze the deal first and foremost, When did you buy this Michelle.
Speaker 8: At the beginning of September. And I do, I do want to point out that this dealership is also an automotive shop.
Speaker 1: And so what dealership is it? What dealership Harland Automotive? And where is it.
Speaker 8: In wheat Ridge?
Speaker 1: Okay? Now I got the story. Twenty ten Cadillac Escalade, hundred and fifty thousand miles September, Heartland, Harland Automotive in wheat Ridge. And now tell your story. What happened you drove off the lot? Tell me your story.
Speaker 8: Well, so the lead mechanic, who's been a mechanic for twenty five years, also assured us that this car was in good working condition and that those spark plugs and wires would fix the problem.
Speaker 1: Now did they did they do that? Did they do that in writing saying this is in great condition and there's nothing wrong with those Did you get that in writing?
Speaker 10: Nod?
Speaker 1: Did you get in writing that it was as is? Or do you have a warranty?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: But guess what do you have the warranty? Or is it as is?
Speaker 5: As is?
Speaker 1: Okay? So as soon as he said he assured you, he assured you of nothing because it said as is. By the way, this is for other people listening when people say they assured me, And how many times do we hear those words I, or I specifically asked, or I made it clear that or they assured me. None of that actually works, But I want I like the call because I want to remind people. So what happened then? How long did you have the car before problems surfaced?
Speaker 8: The next day?
Speaker 1: What happened the next day?
Speaker 8: So the check engine light was still on, and so we took it to O'Reilly to have the codes read, and it said that it had a misfire and a code with the catalytic converter as well as cylinder one and four not operating properly. And so, because Sean had told us that they would make sure that it passed emissions, we called them and he and the mechanic were super friendly and said, go ahead and bring it back in. We'll make sure we take care of everything for you.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 8: So we took it back and they had it for a few days, and when we picked it up, everything seemed fine. The check engine light was off. We drove down to Colorado Springs to see my dad.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, did they also pass emissions for you?
Speaker 8: I hadn't taken it in yet.
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, you only had. I just got to I want to warn you about all this stuff because other people are listening. You had only three days to get that checked. If it fails after the third day, they're not responsible for it. So tell me what happened.
Speaker 8: Then, as soon as we got down to Colorado Springs, stopped it the stop light off the highway and the check engine light came back on.
Speaker 1: And so the day after you picked up up from the dealer the same day, Oh my god, okay, what happened then?
Speaker 8: Yes, so we instead of heading right to my dad, we took it, you know, straight to O'Riley, had the codes read same thing, and give them a call and they're like, oh, well that's really strange, you know, go ahead and bring it back up to us.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 8: We were in the process of moving, and so as soon as we got moved.
Speaker 5: We took it back up.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, hold on, oh how long after that engine light the time we get.
Speaker 8: A half ish?
Speaker 1: Okay, so what happened then?
Speaker 8: So we took it back up and they were I don't want to use the word kind enough because it wasn't very kind, but they gave us another vehicle off their lot to have a loner, so we weren't without a car for the whole time that they had it. And the vehicle they gave us was in really terrible shape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about the vehicle you bought. What did they do with that?
Speaker 8: So this go around, when my husband spoke with their lead mechanic, he said that the engine was trash after he really got under it and looked at it.
Speaker 1: In Okay, so what are they going to do for you?
Speaker 8: Well, they happened to have another of the same six point two liter engine, and so he said they were going to go ahead and just pull it out of the tahoe and do a full engine swap.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god. What did you pay for this escalade? What did you pay for this fourteen year old escalade?
Speaker 3: Eleven?
Speaker 11: About eleven thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Okay, eleven grand of Okay? Can you look that up, d Yeah, just look that up on car I likecars dot com. It was a twenty ten canac escalade hundred and fifty thousand miles approximately, okay, going, yes, that sounds like a lot of miles.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Well, for the years, it's not mark, but it is it is a lot okay, So okay, dealer said, engine was bad. I want to try to speed this up a little. Did they swap the engine? Hello, Michelle, Yes, I'm here.
Speaker 8: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Did they swap the engine?
Speaker 8: That's what they said they did. And upon looking at it, it looks like there is some scratches on the engine bay. The alternator is different, so it does appear that they did. So okay again, as soon as my husband picked it up drove it back down to Colorado Springs, the check engine like came on again.
Speaker 1: So you know, this whole thing could be a stupid gasoline cap. Do you understand that, like with.
Speaker 8: It being loose?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 8: Well, would the gas cap throw.
Speaker 1: All of those coats? Yeah? They well, it throws all kinds of weird codes. How does it run? Yeah? How does it run? Well?
Speaker 8: When she picked it up, he said, the whole drive from Wheat Ridge back to our house in Colorado Springs, it ran like a dream. And then as soon as that check engine light came on at the lower speeds, he said, it was starting to run sluggish again.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then what did the deal By the way, did you ever get an emission sticker.
Speaker 8: Uh no, I hadn't been able to take it in yet.
Speaker 1: And by the way, when you do take it in and it fails, it's on you now because it's been beyond three days. So tell me what. Tell me what the dealer did yet? Again?
Speaker 8: So when I spoke to him yesterday, they told me that this was getting pretty ridiculous, and I said, I, you know, I totally agreed, and that if they hadn't promised me that they would make everything right on this vehicle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can't prove that. You can't prove they promised that. If they throw up their hands right now and tell you to leave, you have nothing to go on at this point. I hope What did they tell you? I mean, I mean, I know you're talking like you got some kind of promise, but try to prove that.
Speaker 8: I mean, I understand that. Like, please, don't get me wrong, I really no.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not looking.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I think you're right. I think the problem is you don't have any of this where we can go after them. So what did they say they would do? Since they said it was getting ridiculous? Did they say we're done with you? So?
Speaker 8: They told me that we could bring it back again, but then they were worried about the amount of mileage we were continuing to put on it because it from our our driveway.
Speaker 1: To that Okay, so what was so therefore, what what will the dealer do for you?
Speaker 8: They said that they would give us another vehicle.
Speaker 1: You mean they would exchange it or are they going to try rate it and make you pay more? What are they going to do?
Speaker 8: They did not specify. They just said, do you want another vehicle?
Speaker 1: You need someone to help it, you need how many miles did you put on this?
Speaker 8: I honestly, I don't know for sure, but I mean probably, realistically at least a thousand, because we, like I said, we were in the process of moving.
Speaker 1: I get it. Listen, Michelle, I feel bad for you this, but this is a bad move. This was a bad move buying a car with one hundred and fifty thousand without having it checked out, and then not going if you had taken it in Listen to this within the three days to get that. Nope, nope, nope, nope. What are you talking about? She's in the springs. Oh wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. Oh, you're not in an emissions control area, Michelle.
Speaker 8: I was when I bought it, and were they Paso County?
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait part.
Speaker 8: Of Alpaso County is emissions Okay.
Speaker 1: Then they sold it to you into an emissions area, right they did?
Speaker 11: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yes, hold on, but you're not going to be You're not going to be registering it now. I think where it comes down to the registration, whether it's submission. That's right, That's what I'm saying. So even though you were in an emissions area, you're now registering it in a non emissions area. Is that correct? Not?
Speaker 8: I mean only only the country part of Alpaalsa County is emissions free.
Speaker 5: We're in the city, so you.
Speaker 1: Will be registering it in an emissions control area.
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did they know that? Did they make out that address on the transfer papers when they sold it to you? Yeah? What address was on the bill of sale?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 1: It was at our old address in Englewood, is the But and that's emission controlled as well, right early? Okay, So no matter what, no matter what, they were selling it into an emission controlled area. Correct. Okay, did you get that three day voucher to have it emission tested?
Speaker 8: Is that something that they should have given to me at.
Speaker 1: The time of sale, or you can undo the sale and get your money back.
Speaker 8: I don't believe so. I don't think they gave me.
Speaker 1: You do not have a three day voucher four emissions?
Speaker 5: I don't believe.
Speaker 1: So. Who wants to take this and call the dealer right now before the end of the show, Call him right now and say, listen, but you have to make sure Michelle in your paperwork? Do you have them?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 8: I'm getting the paperwork right now, all right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna put you on hold, hang on three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. This could be good if they didn't give it to her, because we can make we can make an argument here that well, I.
Speaker 6: Bet it's on that paperwork somewhere that she got it and signed for it.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I haven't seen the paperwork.
Speaker 9: And Tom, isn't it It's pretty unusual for used car dealer to do as much as they'd done for her.
Speaker 1: Now that's true too.
Speaker 9: I mean they've they've tried multiple times to help her out and fix it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she bought it as isn't right.
Speaker 13: You mentioned what the diagnostic trouble codes are for.
Speaker 1: I think she said she did. Now here's what she said. She said that it was the check engine light which showed a misfire catalytic converter problem. Yeah, an improper function of two cylinders? Was that before the engine replacement?
Speaker 14: Though?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, then that doesn't matter.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I was wondering about the replacement engine diagnostic trouble codes.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get her up right now and ask her that did they say what the engine code? What did the codes throw after the engine replacement?
Speaker 3: Michelle, I will.
Speaker 8: Tell you right now. I've got it right here.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. That's all we want to know right now. Now the second time, the.
Speaker 8: First one that, yeah, the one that got run yesterday said catalyst system, low efficiency bank two cylinder one and cylinder ford deactivation.
Speaker 1: It's it's the same thing as as before the engine.
Speaker 8: Swap, exactly the same.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't get that.
Speaker 8: I don't either.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, I got to take this break. Hey, Doc, make some calls. I'm Tom Martino and Josh has a comment on her. Coming back, I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one. Hell, you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. So you looked up the escalade deputy d What are you finding?
Speaker 13: Well, there are a couple of comps that are pretty close. There are a couple of them. There's a two thousand and nine in Cara Springs for ten thousand bucks with him also high mileage one hundred eighty four thousand. There's an seven with one hundred eighty two thousand on the clock for ten thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe she didn't pay too much. Yeah, I don't know. Do they say on cars dot com great deal or good deal? What do they say if they usually give an indicator. Fair deal says good, the other one says fair, which one said good? How many miles and how much.
Speaker 13: Good deal is considered?
Speaker 2: Nine?
Speaker 13: For an nine with one hundred and eighty four and a half thousand miles.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's way different. This one was older, right, I think? Oh no, her says a ten. You're right. So okay, so the price wasn't terrible. Now we've got to figure out what the hell that dealer is doing. And I guess bo, no, excuse me, Doc is calling them. Doc. Did you call? Doc's working with it right now? Okay, yeah, because we wanted to call during the show if we could to get an update. Uh three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We have a lines you want to get through. I do have some stuff I want to talk about within the news, and uh, anyway, if you uh here, here's what I wanted to talk about. And I wonder if people notice this. There's a few things happening happening in journalism. And again, I trust me when I tell you. I know people think this is political when I talk about anything to do with candidates or anything. But I'm talking about news in general. But I am going to talk a little bit about candidates, but or officials or the types of reporting. This is something that's a fact, and I personally me I was in I wrote for newspapers and magazines full time. I went into radio and TV. I had a hand in print journalism, in TV journalism, in radio news, and then advocacy as a consumer advocate. So I've seen it all. I've seen objective capital J journalism reporting. I've been part of it. I was part of advocacy reporting, where you're objective going into the story and then form an opinion. That's advocacy. What I mean by that is you go in listening to both sides or three or four sides, and then you come up with an opinion. That's advocacy. But back when I was doing or not, I'm still doing it. When I was doing advocacy back for newspapers and radio or TV, you had to make it very very clear that you had an opinion after going out and getting your objective facts and realities. So if I thought someone was cheated, I'd run after the guy with a microphone saying, you know, this woman says you cheated her. We looked at it looks like you took money blah blah blah, and then you give them their say. Now, always I would try to first make an appointment. I never chase people down with a mic and camera ever without first giving them the opportunity to meet with me. So because I believe that when you met with people, you'd get a better reflection of what they believed than if you chase them down. People who chase down first and don't give you the opportunity to sit down and meet those people are not trying to get the best out of you. They're trying to trap you, now, that's for sure. But just so you know, back in the day when I was doing this for TV and going after people, usually most credible journalists would first ask can we get your statement, can we interview you, can we meet? And if they said no, they don't have to take no for an answer. They would go and do it and track them down right, and then they get the old confrontation video that everyone likes. Here's what I've seen that change. And again, I think I can speak from credibility in that I worked in the industry for fifty years. I don't think there's many people that are working in the industry, still working in the industry after fifty years that saw all perspective from print before there was before there was anything on the internet at all, and then also the evolution into radio and television and all of that. Here is the difference, and by the way, it started just recently. When it comes to print journalism, we used to be told, this is really really telling. We used to be told in print journalism that people's time was of the essence and it was important to tell them the story. What were when and how? In the first paragraph did you know that? Why did we do that? We wrote in an inverted We wrote in a pyramid style. It was called the pyramid. What the pyramid did was gave all the specific up at the point facts. So in the first paragraph you get the gist of the entire story, and the second paragraphs you get the main players, and then in the third, fourth and subsequent paragraphs you would get all of the details like a pyramid. Right, So what you would have is a story that if someone wanted to read the first paragraph would get the gist of the entire story. It was because we respected people's time. Now journalism does exactly the opposite, because It's no longer about imparting information. It's about engagement. You want to keep people reading as long as possible in order to get engagement time. So they see associated ads and click words on the left and right and up and down. They want you to read, read, read, read, read before you get to the essence of the story. In fact, you will find this so much in clickbait. You ever see these pictures, you know, do this at night? Okay? Or this what this star looks like now? And you go there and you'll never even read about that star until fifteen pages later. It is the worst, the worst you can have in journalism and news break and all of these people that publish online, they do it. They break all the rules of journalism in order to get you to engage. They don't give a damn about your time, and they don't give a damn about impartying information quickly. They simply want to engage you. We have more coming right up, and we can discuss this or more, but I'll take your phone calls right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero, sixteen twenty.
Speaker 15: Two rift of what you needed, so you don't happen, come running just as as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 16: Come Man six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life just a little easier. Whatever's on your mind. Give us a call. We'd love to solve your problems. Patrick wants to talk about small claims court and uh, Patrick, why don't you go ahead and talk about small claims courre. I'll bring up Mark in the gang. Go ahead, sir, what is happening?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, just because I listened to the show, a lot Mark has done, you know, small tankport, Yeah, and basically I had a business last year not paying me for services that I did. Where I filed, you know, with Fall Tames clerks, but I paid the sheriff to serve them. No one told me that I had to I had to file I guess that service within fifteen days of my court date.
Speaker 1: So talk to him about are you talking about you serve the person and then you did not file the actual lawsuit?
Speaker 5: Well, what it was is that I paid the sheriff to serve them, but no one told me that I had to file its fifteen days before my court date.
Speaker 6: Mark, what is he talking about? Well, I guess something like maybe Denver does that. I don't think Douglas County does. So I guess it's wherever you're filing it. Where were you filing it Bolder?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know about Boulder. I've never filed one up there. So Mark, what is he talking about?
Speaker 14: That?
Speaker 1: The return of service.
Speaker 6: Denver before the court date or before for I'm trying to think if they have mediation, before either mediation or the coordinate, you got to prove that you served them and you basically.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, but that's not everywhere.
Speaker 6: I don't want people to think you got to do that everywhere generally like Douglas County or even a rapa ho. What you would do is you would show up to the mediation or you would show up and then you would give it to him. Then, so what happened. You can just refile. You can just do it all over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: But then we have to wait till April. Now, and like my date is five days from now.
Speaker 1: Well, you're not going to be able to go without proof that you served.
Speaker 5: But I have to because the I had it. I mean they served them. I had it. I think they went there and served them. I had the whole thing.
Speaker 1: So Mark, if he just shows up, if he just shows up, will that case be heard with his.
Speaker 6: I've never I've never been to Bolder and done one in Bolder ever.
Speaker 1: Now, well, listen, since it's already scheduled, Patrick, I guess it's not going to hurt it anything. If you went there, huh they canceled it? Oh they did, Well, then that's your answer right there. Did you acquire it? Yeah, so just refile it.
Speaker 5: Well, here's here's the thing. What I'm asking is is I think I'm just going to start slapping leans and all the properties I worked on to put fuel to the fire and make these people really, let me ask you.
Speaker 1: That's what I was going to ask you, the underlying problem. Explain it to us.
Speaker 6: Well, when's the last time you worked on the property that you want to lean?
Speaker 5: It was last ball I did.
Speaker 1: Then you're too late. You're too late. Huh, you're too late. You're too late. You're late. You have to put a lien on it within four months or one hundred I think it's one hundred and twenty days of.
Speaker 6: The last time on the job. Yeah, or when things were delivered as ninety days.
Speaker 5: Well, I flapped the lean on one property, all right, when that's before the four months?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that's okay. Yeah, pay's on with the wage. Now. A commission be applicable in this case, not with an independent contract. You like him? I mean, I don't know. I'm trying to ask him. Tell me what happened, tell us the circumstance, the story, tell us what's going on.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is what happened. I worked on one property in Boulder for this company, and they came to me in the last fall and said, hey, our guy that does our sprinkler blowouts in Denver failed just disappeared. Can you pick these up? I'm like, cool, I picked up thirty of them and I get them, and then they never paid me.
Speaker 1: I think I remember this original call. Yeah, you did call us before Patrick, you worked, You worked on thirty properties. Yeah, and you didn't get paid for any of them.
Speaker 5: Nope.
Speaker 2: Why I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, here's the problem. One problem was is that we didn't get the two of them before it throws and they broke. But they didn't schedule it with me. I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: Well, are they blaming you for that?
Speaker 5: Yea?
Speaker 1: That I mean? Is that what they're saying? Yes?
Speaker 5: And then there's two properties that didn't have sprinklers that we actually went to you, but we didn't how would we know, Like they didn't tell us there was no sprinklers. They're like, you filled us for two properties that didn't have sprinklers. But I'm like, yeah, well we drove there and if.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a little weird to charge them the same amount.
Speaker 5: Well I had to because I could have gone to another property.
Speaker 6: Well, you should know what you should have done is you should have filed leans on all those properties. Back then or within within the allotted time of one hundred and twenty days from when you left there and you didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're going to be screwed on this.
Speaker 5: Well that's because they were trying to work with me. But here's the thing. They just changed names and companies they I mean, I'm pretty sure they have to pay their debts.
Speaker 1: They can hold on, well, hold on when you dissolve. What you're talking about is if you dissolve a company, you have to make an affidavit. You have to say you have to have everything paid off. That's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he's still going to have to bring an action against him. I mean, it's not like it's not like a lot of these companies do that.
Speaker 1: They switch names all the time, right, that's right.
Speaker 6: You're going to have to prove in court that they did it fraudulently. I mean, you're so all you're doing is circling back to the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's right.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to figure out how not to get screwed on this.
Speaker 6: It's five grand, turn around and see them again and then make sure they get the service. I mean, I don't know why you have to wait till April that I didn't know. That must once again be a Boulder County thing. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, no, he has to wait because they probably don't have.
Speaker 5: An opening, right I serve him in May? I had to wait till October. Now wait till April.
Speaker 1: That's so long. Well those are the breaks, man, But you got to do it.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: I mean that they have no right now to pay you.
Speaker 6: The easiest would have been if you leaned them to to begin with in the allotted time.
Speaker 1: But it's just too far back.
Speaker 5: Man. Well, like I said, I got one property lean.
Speaker 6: So I'm shock they haven't said anything. Was it just a homeowner out of curiosity?
Speaker 1: No? No, No, he's thirty properties mark thirty properties.
Speaker 6: No I'm saying he said he's got a lean on one. What property is it on?
Speaker 5: It's on an apartment building in Boulder.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I know the owner. She hired me first, and then she had a property management company start working. That's who I started working with. But I know the owner, and I slapped a lean on her thinking that she might call them and say, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 6: And you're not talking just a ten day notice? You went through it and actually put a lien on the property and filed the lean.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, how many days do you have left to take them to court and win?
Speaker 5: Hmmm, well, now I'm going to go look at the lean. I didn't think I thought I was going to court in five days for media mark.
Speaker 1: How long do you have to perfect a lean? Six months?
Speaker 6: I think it's six months from the day and if you don't perfect it then they can basically get it off there.
Speaker 1: That's six months from the time you file it, right, Yeah, so Patrick, you know we have stuff. Man, do you have proof that they retained you?
Speaker 5: Yes? Good, a emails, I have scheduling, all everything. Good, it's all my system. They can't not How.
Speaker 1: Much do they owe you?
Speaker 5: My brother had lost of it, he met most of the owners.
Speaker 1: How much do they owe you? How much do they owe you?
Speaker 5: Well, they'll be thirty five, but I've slapped them with late bees. It's now it's to six grand because I've put on interests and lakebies because.
Speaker 1: You know it's well, that doesn't I mean in small claims. I mean generally that's not going to work. I think they allow you eight percent or whatever it is now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this man, well, now I got to redo it. Anyways, it doesn't matter. But yeah, now that I've heard this on a different note that you guys remember when I came there. I'm a professional snowboarder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do remember that was years ago, all right, I don't yeah.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, that's fine.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not you you were stoned. I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding, Patrick, i'd I know.
Speaker 5: I just got done doing a movie. It's called Heavenly wickednessh It's gonna get on Netflix, and so everybody should check it out.
Speaker 1: No fooling, it's are you the star?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I did stunt work, and then I did some no no, no, no, no no. Did the bigger stars than me, like Michael boushinis in it.
Speaker 1: What's it called Heavenly What? Wait a minute, Eric Roberts is in it, right.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm yeah.
Speaker 1: And and so do you do the double work? Basically the stunt work.
Speaker 5: I did the stunt work for the lead actor, and so I ran around in a night suit, a real night suit. It was like eight pounds for eight hours, wielding a sword, pretending I was playing a dragon on a snowboard. No, no, no, No, that's nothing to do with snowboarding.
Speaker 1: Okay. I thought I had to do with snowboarding. Okay, So how did you get involved in stunt work?
Speaker 5: Because my friend who I lived with in Vail all year is a director and he wrote it and this is his film, and that's how I got into it because I told him i'd help him. You know, I thought I was just going to move like, you know, equipment around or cameras. And then I show up and he's like, well, you're gonna be the stunt guy. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then and then this took a month and then a couple of days later, it's like three in the morning and he comes up to me and he's like, well, you're gonna be a drug dealer?
Speaker 3: Patrick?
Speaker 13: Does that pay pretty well?
Speaker 1: Does it pay pretty well? Patrick?
Speaker 13: Not the drug dealing, but the stuntman work.
Speaker 5: I'd ever know. There wasn't any drugs where'd they?
Speaker 1: No? No, did, But did the stunt work pay well?
Speaker 5: It will?
Speaker 1: What does that mean? It will?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm well this well. Basically the movie costs seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars to do. There's an evelop for two point seventy five million. So once it gets sold in Netflix, well then boom, oh, so.
Speaker 13: You haven't been paid for it.
Speaker 5: No. I paid for it because I wanted to help him.
Speaker 1: So what he's saying is he's saying he's going to get paid once they sell the project. He did it on the come, I get it, Okay, Hey, Patrick, that's pretty cool. Where was it shot, Patrick?
Speaker 5: It was in Ohio and ash Ascibus, so outside of Cleveland, and it was in his hometown. It was a really cool hometown too, so he he basically shot this movie in his hometown on sites that were only about five minutes away to save money. And it's I mean, it's saved a lot of money on making this movie because it should have been way more.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean that's like crazy more.
Speaker 5: But oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Now if you see me, if you see me, is you see me related to the real famous you see me?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's brother.
Speaker 1: They look like brothers. But the other, the other you see me is the one that's like he's a major star.
Speaker 5: I forget and yeah, Fargo and then you know pulp Fiction. He was actually supposed to be in the movie, but he was on Dancing with the Stars at the time and so his brother, the guy's brother.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, I didn't know he had a brother anyway, very very interesting. If you ever need someone to do a stunt double for a big mouth, Mark's available at any time, at any time, anyway, Thanks a lot, man, I hope, uh you get paid three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Can you put a lien on a film if they don't pay them? That's what I want to know. We have more coming right up on the Troubleshooter Show. I got to tell you about this though. This is really important. Denver Regen dot com. They do pain relief stem cell therapy. I had it done. They're great people, by the way, Denver region. They have great value. They're one of the few people keeping prices down. They also do semiglue tide weight loss and uh they do hair growth with stem cells. Denver Regen dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three O three seven one three talks seven to one three eight two five five people thank you for being here. And Frank Durin the real estate Man. Remember, we'll do market valuations for your home. He tells you what it will sell for based on his thirty years experience, and it's free of charge. He goes over all the elements of your home. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Francdrein the real Estate Man dot com. I have a few texts here I want to get through. One said Tom. I'm glad you talked about journalism. I thought I was getting old and losing my ability to concentrate on articles. It's good to know that it's my allergy to clickbait. I'm telling you. Have you noticed that has anyone noticed that that when you read it, they don't get to the point of the story. I mean, it's very disturbing. Now here's another trend in journalism. I want to mention. That's where they used to say this. Okay, listen to this.
Speaker 2: Back.
Speaker 1: Let's just say that the current events were happening back when I was doing some radio and TV journalism. The journalism, not the advocacy or the newspaper reporting. And I mean not even probably ten years ago, twelve years ago even not even like that far back. What they would say is something like this, President Trump claims once against claims that he was blah blah blah, or that illegal aliens and Aurora are attacking or eating dogs and cats or taking over apartment houses. Let's just say that, all right, that's what they would say. President Trump or the Trump campaign claims that there are more reports of apartment houses being taken over in Aurora. Okay, they would say that, and and that's the way it's done properly. Mark, What would they say today if they were doing that? What would they say?
Speaker 6: It depends who it is, but basically they'd say President Trump's a liar.
Speaker 1: They mark, you're not. Here's what they say. The Trump campaign or President Trump once again falsely claimed it's truth, falsely claim it's like bike. Apartment houses in Aurora are being taken over falsely claims. Just found out. Nobody in journalism now, even in journalism, if you believe that, even if you did when I was a reporter, if I ever said ever President Trump or this person of that person falsely claims, they'd say, wait a minute, what do you mean falsely? And well, we know it's a lie. And here's what they say. No, you don't determine if it's a lie. You simply report what they're saying. Let people make their own decision. But no, it doesn't happen that way. Now you might think what's wrong with that? You know, it's our responsibility. Just like they said the false laptop reports, they used to say falsely claimed or falsely claimed the lab leaks.
Speaker 6: And fifteen FBI signed on to a letter saying this is Russian misinformation.
Speaker 1: That was I think no, no mark it mayers the election mark. There wouldn't be anything wrong with them saying, according to the FBI, or according to sources, fifteen FBI agents and others signed on saying it was Russian disinformation, there's nothing wrong with reporting that. But to say this the Trump campaign or or whatever is falsely is falsely clanmly. I disagree. There's a lot being wrong.
Speaker 6: There's a lot to be said about being wrong about saying that boy, that took a lot.
Speaker 1: But Mark, I don't know what you mean. Well, you can't think I knew what I mean either. I just hit a Mark. What I'm saying is the administration.
Speaker 6: Well, actually, at the point, at that point in time, the bidens in the DOJ and the Obama people that are still in the FBI and DOJ, we're telling Zuckerberg and everybody else not to believe anything they're reading. They're the ones that came up with it. But they didn't put any of that in the stories.
Speaker 1: No. But Mark, here's what I'm saying. If the story was, if please were just listen to what I'm saying. If the story is according to our sources, or according to the White House, or according to this or according to that, the Hunter Biden laptop story is Russian disinformation. In fact, they claim twenty FBI agents have signed a letter to that effect. That is a report.
Speaker 6: If they say the report coming from my point is I understand it's a report, but it's coming from the Obama people.
Speaker 1: Mark, I said, There is nothing wrong with reporting that they had sources, even if they don't reveal them, or if they say the Obama campaign or from the Biden messay, there's nothing wrong with reporting that. Where it becomes a violation of objective journalism is where they say the Trump campaign wrongly denies it is Russian disinformation, or they they are they are promoting the laptop as genuine when it is disinformation, or they say they incorrectly call it. You know, they in their headlines they wesakely didn't report on it.
Speaker 6: They said it was disinformation, and if you put anything on it on your Facebook or anywhere else, you were blocked, and it was wrong.
Speaker 1: That's a whole different story blocking stories. Not reporting things I wasn't talking about. That's a whole different area of journalism. That's wrong because not reporting things is just as bad as reporting them inaccurately. So you're right, there are ways that people slant the news by not reporting things or by ignoring them. And you've brought that out before, and it's correct. When I said, do you think the election was stolen? He says, well, not in the way people might think. I don't think they were burning ballots or doing that possibly, but they were slanting the news. And by the way, don't you think that Google or bing or other people slant the algorithms when you search for things.
Speaker 6: Oh, they prove it time after time they do, of course they do. Yeah, absolutely, what was ai? Was it Google or was it Microsoft? That it would answer good things about Biden at the time, but nothing good about Trump.
Speaker 1: I did the experiment absolutely positively. Or they would say we don't comment on politics, and then you ask about Kamala Harris and they say all the glowing things she's ever done, It's just amazing to me. But here's the point. When you have an anchorman, or you have people like locally you have Kyle Clark, he loves saying incorrectly or promoted the lie or I'm not quoting him, but things like that they deny in news loves talking about once again, you know, once again inaccurately reported or falsely reported or falsely claims. You know, who is it for them to say it is true or false. They're supposed to be a conduit, and this conduit is supposed to report what they're hearing. Now, obviously, there are times if you have a guy saying Hey, you know, we found life on the moon. You don't have to say. You don't have to say this man falsely claims he found life on the moon. You don't have to say. All you have to say is this man is claiming, you know, he found life on Mars or life on the moon, and we have no scientists to back it up. I mean, you can then go beyond. But why do journalism Why do journalists now feel they have a right to give opinions within headlines and stories. I'm not talking about talk shows like Hannity. I'm not talking about the view they never try. In fact, the name of it's the view they don't purport to be objective. Where the sin comes in, I feel, is where they don't tell you that they're not being objective. They give the illusion that they are news reporters, and they are not. We no longer have news reporters. We have view reporters. It's the local views. It's deny in Views. It's not nine News, it's deny in Views. That's what they have right now. And it sucks because you're watching a news program thinking I'm hearing the truth. Nothing could be further from the truth. By the way, I have another text here. Dan McKenzie is a guy on the other day, our state planning attorney, and yes he was the one talking about LLCs to hold properties. It's mackenzie Law. You can find them on the referralst Dan McKenzie. Okay, we have more coming right up on the Troubleshooter Show. One Clear Chrice Garage Doors. We'll do all of your garage door needs with uh what and if you need emergency service twenty four to seven and all of their prices are on their website. One Clear Choice Doors dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter, Chris, Welcome to the show. What's going on, Chris, Hey.
Speaker 11: I'd like to give a shout out to Steve the painter guy.
Speaker 1: He's a great guy. That's star quality painting, by the way, star quality painting. Steve the Painter, good guy.
Speaker 10: Yep, yep. I called him in within a day, for day and a half, he.
Speaker 11: Was here, gave me a quote, got it booked, and Milton and his crew were amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love him. And years and years and years ago he came on the referral list. He's been a dear friend. I use them all the time. Thank you, Chris for letting us know we really believe in referrals dot com for absolutely positively sure. Let's talk now to Drew. Drew. Welcome to the show. What's going on?
Speaker 17: Drew?
Speaker 1: Yes, Hi, Hello Drew, how are you sir? What's happening? Well?
Speaker 18: Thank you for offering your help. I just wanted to clarify one thing. I might run out of money earlier than I saw it, because I forgot my mechanic told me I need four new tires, and he said when he puts them on, because the car has never been repaired, that there might be some repairs. So I could run out of funds at the end of the summer.
Speaker 1: Hey, Drew, let me ask you because really, honest to God, I've been doing a lot of thinking of this and trying to figure out how I'm going to word this this. You know, revisor, go fund me and stuff, and I really need to ask this because I know I need to tell you this. I truly don't believe that you will probably get many people who will donate to you.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: I went and looked through you through gofund me, and there are so many people down on their luck and no one's collecting money. They give to things like dogs and cats and stuff like children who have been injured or don't have health insurance and stuff like that. I'm not trying to tell you. I'm not saying to you you're not worthy, you shouldn't get help, and wouldn't it be nice if people helped you. But Drew, if you depend on GoFundMe, you're going to be homeless. You got to be proactive and try to find some help somewhere else. Can you get on social services?
Speaker 18: Well, my friends have given me phone numbers for social services. All they will do if I find a chaper rent, but that's difficult. To do in New Jersey. All the social services will do is they will pay for the security deposits. That's it.
Speaker 1: So no, no, no, no, no, no no. I'm talking about regular social services for food stamps, Medicaid and maybe even a PA. It's called social services. They used to call it welfare. They do way more than pay for a security deposit. You can also try for You could do Section eight housing. Have you ever tried that?
Speaker 18: Yeah? They tell me the waiting list is at least two years.
Speaker 1: And I am well, you're in the wrong area of the country. You may have to move. With the money that you have now. You may want to move to an area where it's way cheaper to get a hotel room and it's way cheaper to sustain yourself, and then apply for social services in that new area where the waiting list isn't ten miles long. Drew. I don't know how to put this other than no one can do this for you. You're going to have to be proactive or you will end up homeless.
Speaker 3: Drew. Just remind me, are you unable to work?
Speaker 1: Yes? He is, he and he's almost eighty Drew. Another question, Okay, you said you were a preacher did you were you ever affiliated with a church.
Speaker 18: To answer your question, honestly, I believe in heavenly folgy. I want that religion. Organized religion is not the way to God.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, good, good, Okay, that that's probably true. I hear, Drew. Here's the deal. The only reason I asked that is because many of the churches you know will will will help their own and the charities and all. But Drew, listen, and we don't need a long explanation. I I I heard what you just said about that. So I don't know what to do for you. I I just don't. I mean, I know that I can. No matter who helps you, it's going to be temporary at best.
Speaker 18: And yeah, that's why we're hoping we prevail in the car accident case.
Speaker 1: I don't even you don't even know your attorney's last name? Is that right?
Speaker 18: Oh? I gave it to I got Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm mixing you up with someone else who did I ask to call his attorney and get an update? Did you call?
Speaker 13: I never got in a single shred of information about his attorney.
Speaker 1: I would love to get Gina, you didn't pass that information on to Dmitri. We want to get Drew's hold on Drew. We don't have a subjur We want his name and number and I'll have depth Deputy d call. Look, we want to try to help. I know we joke about Drew always being in trouble, always having problems, but over the years he's been faithful listening to me. We talked years and years ago.
Speaker 3: Tom, I think you made the best suggestion.
Speaker 9: You know, New Jersey is one of the highest places for cost of living and Drew's not working. There's no reason why he can't move to a place where the cost of living could be literally half what it is he.
Speaker 1: Has to do. He has no choice. This is survival. People who don't take proactive pro action end up on the street.
Speaker 3: To I got it cheaper.
Speaker 1: I got to take this break three oh three seven one three talks seven one three, eight two five to five. Again, I want to remind you about Wave eight Wealth Management, the company I started. The seeds go back six years when I started experimenting with the investing and I hire professionals to do my portfolio only. I did a private fund as well that became official a few years ago, and then I did a registration for a full fledged investment advisory firm, which I now have WAWM dot com. Here's what I want to tell you. I pledge every dime of my money that's investible investible is in this company. And also I would never suggest anything I don't personally do, and that we give individual attention and we are not middlemen like ninety eight percent of financial advisors. I'm sorry to say that, but that's just the truth. They take your money, they talk to you, they shake your hand, and they say that they're your advisor, but they don't advise you. They're middlemen. They place you with broker dealers. That's why when you ask them, hey, why did this go up or why does that go down? They don't know. They just don't know. And that's the sad truth about the industry. I'm the founder of Wave eight, I'm a client of Wave eight. I'm compensated through Wave eight when we do make money. Right now, our concentration is on a few dedicated clientele. We're not going to grow to a giant firm ever. And I invite people who want this kind of attention to join me at three oh three seven seven to one. Help seven seven one four three five seven. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three to eight two five five or three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six listen in a few minutes we have left in this hour. I want to bring something up that I think is a is a cool and fascinating discussion because someone someone texted me and say, why are you different? Tom? I mean, you know you have a lot of money advisories. You talk about why why are you different? And I just I want to I just want to talk about one thing just one thing that went into our AI. It's called the money index theory. Now, the money anxiety theory is what we use money anxiety because we have tracked, and many people smarter than me have tracked money anxiety index to the return on stocks. First of all, what most people do is invest on emotion. They shouldn't, but they do, but they do. That's why a lot of people make money is because they don't. You need advice who you don't have?
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 15: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only and I mean that, the only show of its kind. What do we do, I'll tell you.
Speaker 6: We solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goal is to make your life a little better. You know, if you do have a problem out there, maybe a bad contractor maybe you're dealing with the hideous landlord. I think you get the idea. We get directly involved. We've got great people, great volunteers that work with us. We have companies on the referral list that help you out. We have attorneys on the referral list. Hell, we even got good dentist on the referral list at referral list dot com. But all of us together give our best effort to help you solve your problem and get your money back if you've been ripped off. And let's face it, there's a lot of bad people out there now. There are so many people out there that take money and do nothing. It's absolutely amazing to me. And that is why this show has been around over forty years. That's not going to go around, actually forty five years. Just here in Denver. It's easy to join in. You got any questions, you need help, Maybe you just want to expose some scum sucking pig. The number is easy, three oh three Martino. Threes the number is easy, three oh three Martino, three zero three Martino. Or during the show live you can call sit three oh three seven one three eight, two five five. Both will come right to us. And we do have lines open right now. Guys, Do we have any updates Deputy Doc on anything cooking right now?
Speaker 3: Well, Michelle called this morning about her Cadillac Escalade.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was eleven thousand dollars. She bought it from the dealership. Apparently they had to replace the engine a few days after she bought it. Now it's back there, right, and it's got the same problems.
Speaker 3: Well, I called.
Speaker 9: Earlier, but there's no answer on the phone. So I'm thinking a used car dealer probably is not going to be open at ten o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: So will I think they would be? They're probably just not answering.
Speaker 9: Anyway, I'm gonna call them after the show when if they're open, they're going to answer the phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, And then who do we get over here, Deputy Bo? What are we working out?
Speaker 12: I'm working with a person by the name of Pat who bought a Colorado truck from Mike Morony Chevrolet down in Colorado Springs.
Speaker 1: We don't get a lot of complaints.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I looked.
Speaker 3: He actually had pretty good reviews.
Speaker 1: But what was this guy's complain? Was it new or used?
Speaker 3: It was a brand new truck.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but after a few weeks he noticed a paint defect in the rocker panel.
Speaker 18: Oh.
Speaker 12: I think he remembered the war and he just asked to see if they would fix it. The sales manager said, send him to a collision center.
Speaker 1: So they negotiated and he took the cash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they offered him.
Speaker 12: They offered him sixteen hundred dollars cash and then nine hundred dollars for some sort of a seal coat.
Speaker 6: Was he good with that or did he really? Why would anybody the rocker panel? You're not going to see that, right?
Speaker 12: He showed me pictures. I really couldn't really see the defects at all.
Speaker 1: How much did they settle for? How much? Sixteen hundred plus nine hundred that's pretty good. But the problem is that he but but he pocketed it.
Speaker 12: No, he didn't get the money mark because the sales manager Jimmy, who promised him this refunder cash no longer works there.
Speaker 3: Of course all long, So.
Speaker 1: What are they saying now? Did the GM step in?
Speaker 12: The GM will not call the pat back.
Speaker 3: You won't call me back.
Speaker 12: So I'm at the point now of talking to Mike Moroney. I've tried to call him, so I actually send him a letter just to see if they would honor the original.
Speaker 1: Do you have the original deal in an email?
Speaker 12: I think unfortunately, But I think it was all done.
Speaker 1: Verbal, so he doesn't even have a way of proving it.
Speaker 6: He doesn't have any you or has he talked to the salesman? That's no longer there that made the promises.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 12: I did ask him to see if they could find out where Jimmy the sales manager, But the service department did acknowledge this paint defect at the factory.
Speaker 6: Well, it should still be under warranty from the manufacturer. Why is he even dealing with Mike Maroni anymore? Why doesn't he bring it to another dealership that isn't putting their head in the sand over a manufacturer's defect.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it's.
Speaker 6: Truly there, the only reason that scares me a little is you said you saw the pictures.
Speaker 1: You can't even see it.
Speaker 6: Are we sure there's consumer Are we sure it's a real issue.
Speaker 12: I believe it is, because he did deal with the service department at Mike Maroney and they said it what they did acknowledge according to him, According to Pat the caller, what kind of vehicle is it? It's a two thy twenty three Chevy Colorado paid sixty thousand dollars for it.
Speaker 6: Jesus, I wonder who he should bring that to. I don't know if there's two Chevy dealers in the Spring.
Speaker 12: Mike Marony has two dealerships I'm going.
Speaker 3: To get Mike.
Speaker 1: Doesn't even matter about Mike Maroney.
Speaker 6: I'm saying maybe he should bring it to a completely different Chevy dealership and see if they can just do the warranty work.
Speaker 1: Maybe one that has their own collision center.
Speaker 12: That is a very good ish point, Mark. I will call and mention that to him, because you're right, and it is done at the factory, not at the dealership.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we should be able to figure that out. Okay, let's go. Let's hit the phone.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three A two five five, Well quick, I'll go to Ed after that. But it's kind of weird. I'm twisted around. I'm sitting in a different seat as a computer broke. Yeah, and the MIC's on the opposite side. It's kind of freaking me out over here. But do you have anything else?
Speaker 3: Champion Windows. I'm still working, Okay, hold on.
Speaker 6: I want to update everybody on them, because, in my opinion, Champion Windows sucks. I have never seen so many complaints on one company after they sold ever, ever, ever, ever, have I ever seen that in twenty plus years? Hey, Ed, what's going on with you?
Speaker 7: Ed?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry, there was a static win No.
Speaker 1: No problem, man, I got you good. What's going on?
Speaker 2: So my wife and I are homeowners in a small Spanish old subdivision. I'm up in unincorporated Boulder outside of where the marshall Burn area was. Oh wow, adjacent to it.
Speaker 1: And were you guys affected?
Speaker 14: We say, in.
Speaker 2: Fought and stop three houses from us.
Speaker 1: Oh wow man, okay, So what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a couple of ditches, irrigation ditches that come through, and they've got easements on our properties.
Speaker 5: And we've got.
Speaker 2: Seventeen homeowners that are currently affected, including ours, where the ditch comes through our property, and they believe that they have unfeathered access to our property to the ditches, and we're not disputing their ability to clear and clean to keep the ditches open for a waterflow.
Speaker 5: The problem comes.
Speaker 2: In is they have now notified us and they're coming through and we've been trying to work with them and taking out thirty year old trees, twenty thirty foot cottonwoods and stuff, and they're just basically taking trees and bushes and stuff that are adjacent to the property.
Speaker 6: Who actually owns this ditch? Is it like the water district? Is it like storm water runoff.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Each homeowner owns their perspective, amount of land where the ditch passes through they have, and what they're saying an unfeathered easement that they can control.
Speaker 1: Who has the easement in place?
Speaker 2: The ditch companies. So there is one called the Marshall Ditch, got it? And there's another one, And I don't know if the Bluckhand Ditch or my wife would know that she's actually president.
Speaker 5: Of our association.
Speaker 2: And then there's a bigger homeowner grouping in our subdivision that are not of our association of forty homes or something. So I'm trying to find out. You know, to me, there should be a limited amount of access that they have to keep the ditch open, and not on the fourteen foot adjacent pathways that they get because they can access there's no dispute on that to keep their ditch clean. But now they're going with it. They haven't done this in thirty forty years. We've lived there twelve and there's all these trees that are major trees and they've deemed and this is by an independent contractor that says he has the authority, and we have never been given a letter.
Speaker 6: What does he state the authorities from.
Speaker 2: That from the ditch company that they hire him as an independent contractor to come through and arbitrarily determine what trees and brush needs to come down. And he's out there with big heavy construction equipment, a backco and then a front end loader with a backc on it that's a larger has a twenty foot kind of boom on the back of it. And so they're just going to town taking And again we're not disputing the brush that may be on the banks of the ditches, Yeah, but it's the heavy amount of trees that they are indiscriminately going along and taking and cutting down, and they if they were to damage property, we have no authority to get a certificate of insurance to make sure they've got liability because he deems that he can do whatever he wants to do and the ditch company gives him that authority.
Speaker 1: Well, and so we work. Let me ask you a few things, ed ye.
Speaker 6: First of all, have you looked at the Eastman itself, how it's written just even just on your property, forget about your neighbors for a minute. Yeah, And then what does it say are they I mean, really everything is going to come down to what they're allowed to do in that easement. If you're telling me they're bringing in huge equipment and running it, let's just say in your backyard, part of your backyard that's not on the easement, that would be a problem. If these trees have nothing to do with the easement, that could be a problem. But if everything is covered by that easement, I'm not quite sure you have a leg to stand on here.
Speaker 1: So have you looked at that?
Speaker 2: That's my next step is to pursue that. This just commenced on Monday, Tuesday, and I was.
Speaker 5: Out of town Monday, got it, and I.
Speaker 2: Think they started Tuesday afternoon, and so I've actually within our property because they will just leave one hundred percent of the debris that they create piled on the adjacent banks and it's yours to deal with. They don't even have they're not even compelled to remove the debris that they that they you know, take down of trees or brush or whatever. So I've been working with a trailer that I had access to to each day getting the brush.
Speaker 1: So have you have you pulled your easement? So if you looked at your deed.
Speaker 2: That's what that's what I'm in the process of doing now. I just I was listening to your show and I thought, well, I'll get in.
Speaker 6: That's cool, and I want to get I'm going to actually bring up one of our real estate attorneys or I'm going to try to have Kelly reach out to her, because I've got some questions. But a lot of them are going to come back to what's in that easement. But I am curious when you say all the all the trees they cut down, the shrubs, whatever it is, where do they pile them? Is it on your property or like behind the easement kind of paint a picture of where it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they pile it on the adjacent banks to the ditch.
Speaker 1: Itself, which are who who owns that.
Speaker 2: Each individual owner owns up owns the land either up to or into the center of the ditch or through it, depending on how the ditch winds through the neighborhood. God, it's all private property owned. But they have the on what they're deeming unfeathered as.
Speaker 9: Any debris that's put on your property, ed saying it is this property.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's debris put on your property. Correct.
Speaker 2: So for instance, some of the ditch levels on one side might be higher than the other, so they access where it's the easiest for them, or they go.
Speaker 1: No, I get that. What we really got to do is look at ted easement. But I would like to try to get up Bran.
Speaker 3: O'Brien you what to do, But I'll tell you what I would do. I would push that bush right into their ditch.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not gonna help anybody.
Speaker 5: You don't know.
Speaker 2: That's what we don't know the legal implications of that, because and my thing is I don't I don't deny them to be able to clear and keep the ditch pathway open. The part to me is that all the debris they removed isn't theirs to actually dispose of and versus ours. And the other point is that as they deem that it's unfeathered, they can do whatever they want at whatever point offen.
Speaker 6: Well, that very well could be in the easement. That's kind of what I'm saying. Can you hop on hop on the Boulder website and see if you can pull it, pull the.
Speaker 1: Information on the ease where your deeds filed ed.
Speaker 3: What is the name of the ditch company?
Speaker 1: He said it.
Speaker 2: I think this one is the Marshals.
Speaker 12: Okay, I have a ditch that runs through my properties, is ran through the Agricultural Ditch Company, and most ditches in Colorado have a five to eight foot easement on each side of the ditch, and they're totally entitled to cut any debris within their five to eight foot easement, and then.
Speaker 1: Every bit of that will be in his easement.
Speaker 12: Yes, and you may have a ten foot easeman. I would just call the Marshall Ditch card.
Speaker 6: Hold on, Ed, I gotta take this break hold on. We're going to try to get Brad O'Brien up to for some general questions. Sorry three oh three seven one three eight two five five you've been ripped off or taking advantage of ank type.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. We don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Kelly who called during the break They had a problem with one of.
Speaker 1: Our referral list members.
Speaker 6: I have got no problem ever taking a call if you got an issue on it.
Speaker 1: Sure, And then he hung up. What's his name? Do you even know? Okay, Bob, call back man.
Speaker 6: I'm happy to talk to you if you got a problem with something, So call back.
Speaker 1: How else can I put it there? You go?
Speaker 6: Call back now? Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We had Ed call up. Ed's got a question on the ditch company that's got a ditch running through and I'm recapping this a lot for our attorney. That's on too, Brad O'Brien. But here's the bottom line. There's a ditch that runs through numerous properties where Ed lives and a company has showed up very recently. Brad that is a subcontractor for the ditch company. And he can tell you what the name of the ditch company is if you need it. But they're of course using their easement and Ed is not looked at as easeman yet, so I wish I did have that info, but I don't. But here's the bottom line on it, Brad. They're basically cutting down trees, shrubs, other things, and then they're piling the stuff up. And ed are they piling the stuff up on your property or on the easement part or behind it?
Speaker 2: In the case of our property, since the path that they have part of the easement on is higher elevation by several feet than we have an adjacent church, they have accessed the church side and have piled it up there. I have proactively been hauling it away because I have access. But as they continue down through the other fifteen neighbors that we have, there are neighbors that have no capacity to do anything with the waste, and they will be dumping it in their backyards, keeping their access point clear.
Speaker 1: So, Brad, let me ask you this.
Speaker 6: So if the company I'm sure you've dealt with ditch companies before, I mean, my goodness, are everywhere. If they do have a proper easement and they're cutting down stuff, where do you figure out who's got a who has to deal with whatever's getting cut down? I mean, you would think they would if they're cutting it down, but Ed's saying they're just leaving it piled up in people's yards.
Speaker 11: Well, Mark, I would start with looking at dash and doctah, I know, right, rights they have to maintain and if there's anything in there on this topic. Also is it exclusive use season or is it non exclusive?
Speaker 1: So he doesn't know, but questions. He's the being told that they have unfettered access.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 11: Well, also if they're leaving debris behind that that causes interference with another permitted user of the easement area, then that may be violations of their easement rights.
Speaker 6: You know, Brad, just if he gets his copy of the easement and I assume that's generally filed with the deed right he's up in Boulder County.
Speaker 1: If that helps, Yes, that's.
Speaker 11: That's very important to actually the actual easement document.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So what typically what would you charge to look at that? If he had questions about it, Like if he sent you a picture saying, here's what my neighbor's yard looks like right now after they were done. Here's the actual easement on it or his own, whoever's it is, And I mean, what do you typically charge? I mean, is that like an hour's worth of work or what.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that'd be a big hour, typically an hour of my time, unless it's a really long and so okay, it's like a fifty page document for some reason.
Speaker 1: Well, of course much longer.
Speaker 6: But let's say that they're doing something wrong in your eyes. In other words, let's say they're supposed to clean it up and they're not cleaning it up. What would the next step be in order to enforce what the easeman's supposed to be there for.
Speaker 11: I help my clients avoid going to court if possible. So we start off with the letter, got it, and people, you know, being cordial, give them the benefit of doubt. You don't need to be mean and nasty at the beginning. So we would send them a letter just asking them to please remove the debris that they left behind to see if that resolves it.
Speaker 6: Okay, that sounds good. Ed you got any questions why we have Brad on.
Speaker 5: Watch you there for a minute.
Speaker 2: No questions yet, because I would have to get the easement, but I would do.
Speaker 1: You know how to get the brad what's the easiest?
Speaker 6: Do you know if Boulder County? Is that something he could get online? Or you don't know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you can go to the clerk and recorder and download it if you have the right in permission.
Speaker 6: So I would just go download it, then read it yourself, and if you want send it over to Brad, maybe you and a few of your neighbors chip in. It's only going to be one hour unless it's crazy long, and get a real idea. And then if they are doing something wrong, Brad can write one of those nasty letters no one wants to get from an attorney.
Speaker 2: Right, So that's good. How can I get all of Brad's information?
Speaker 6: I'm going to give you his phone number right now seven two zero three seven zero seventy three eighty eight. You can also just start typing in brado'brien at referral liss dot com or his website is olslaw dot com. And I appreciate that. I'll give it out one more time. Seven two zero three seventy seventy three eighty eight. Hey, Brad, real quick, while I have you. When it comes to the different changes that have gone through Colorado in general, but maybe even more in particular, when it comes to renting in Denver, there is a lot of different rules in Denver than there is in.
Speaker 1: Say Castle Rock? Is that correct?
Speaker 6: Or are they all the same when it comes to raising rents and some of the new tenant landlord issues that have been passed.
Speaker 11: Well, on a statewide level in Colorado, the landlord talent laws have been in a state of constant change the last three years.
Speaker 1: So it's just it's massive.
Speaker 11: Yeah, But Denver in particular, there it has some aular particular requirements because rentals need to be licensed in Denver?
Speaker 1: Has that changed a lot?
Speaker 6: Are you do you think ultimately having to be licensed to be or have a rental? Is it the landlord that's actually licensed?
Speaker 11: Well, the rental property is licensed and the landlord has to get that. The big thing is.
Speaker 1: That how much does that cost? Roughly?
Speaker 11: Well, there's a problem is there's an inspection process for rentals in Denver where you have to have a property inspector come in and see if it meets code to be a rental. And sometimes that might drive if I have might have the higher a contractor to.
Speaker 3: Get those well.
Speaker 6: Hold on a second, Brad, I guess I didn't realize that. What ms if I've had an older house in Denver that's been around for I don't know fifty and I've had tenants there forever, and now all of a sudden, I've got to register this house with Denver. Do they still am I kind of grandfathered in until something breaks, say like a water heater, or do I have to bring everything up to current code all at once or how does that work?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 11: At this point, all rentals in Denver have to be licensed. There may be an exception for unoccupied, but there was a two year phase in where bigger units had to be licensed the first year, and now we're already in the past the second year where the smaller ones have to be licensed.
Speaker 6: Okay, I got you, man, that's crazy anybody out there that's a landlord that doesn't know about all these changes, especially in Denver but in Colorado in general. One of the things Brad can do is he can actually look through your current lease, make sure it's up to date with all the different changes. And it doesn't matter if it's a commercial lease or residential basically any kind of lease whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Just make sure it's proper.
Speaker 6: You can also help you with closing docs, and my goodness, if you're looking to lease a commercial property or possibly even a house or something talk to Brad. Honestly, if you've never looked at a lease, don't understand basic words like CAM and I'm not going to get into what that is. But a lot of times you need an attorney to look over something you're entering into, and that's our guy, Brad. You can check him out at seven two zero three seventy seventy three eighty eight. I appreciate it, Brad, you have a good day. Troy's got a comment on the ditch I'm going to take right after this, we have two lines open three zero three seven one three eight two five five three oho three Martino. I want to hear from you and your problems right now.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: You've got a question we want to hear from you. You got a problem we want to hear from you. Three oh three Martino. That number works on and off the air. You can always email us at help at troubleshooter dot com. I think I'm pretty much done with Ed. I'll make sure Ed you got everything you need. Right, you got the attorney's number, I can drop you right.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I was just waiting to hear the follow up. You said you had somebody to go to after the break.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, hold on, I got Troy. You're absolutely right. Let me keep you up.
Speaker 1: He says he's got some insight on this.
Speaker 6: Hey Troy, what say you about this ditch if you had to deal with one, or do you work for a ditch company or what?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 14: Mark, Yeah, I think you might remember I've been I've fought with the county for over fifteen years. County el Pasa County Okay, So and it's spent I spent fifteen years fighting with the county over drainage issues and ditch issues and ended up getting the county to solve the problem. With a million dollar project. My advice is, yeah, no matter how frustrating it gets, find out who is responsible for the drainage, because it's really the drainage. What they've done is they've hired.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I don't think. I don't think Ed's problem. I do know who you are now that I think about a Troy. But yeah, but I think Ed's problem, and Ed quite kind of tell me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: But your main issue is there leaving debris.
Speaker 6: You understand they've got to come through and maintain, but you're not having any kind of flooding issues or anything else. Your main issue is here leaving debris everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's the potential of all the debris they're leaving the unfeathered aspect access to determine which trees that they've left for twenty five and thirty years. And why is it a problem now that they're taking these trees from people's yards, even though it may be along or.
Speaker 1: Just in them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that and once again, I highly doubt that's up to you to decide what they take or not.
Speaker 1: But you you've got to just pull all the information from that deed and go from there.
Speaker 6: But I appreciate both of you and hopefully yeah, Mark, Yeah, go ahead, Troy.
Speaker 14: You gotta yeah, like like all of the problems. You know, I'm an avid listener to the show. I think we're saying. But like all problems, you know, you got to have a cool head. Uh, you got to work with whoever has the easement, because he's right now dealing with just a just a dumb contract for the it was given a contract, real clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, and he's just looking into it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he's got to get hold of the guy who hired the contractor, right yeah, and build that relationship and say, hey, come out, let's talk about it, let's walk.
Speaker 1: And honestly, Troy brings something up. Ed.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you this. I understand you got back from a trip. You see all this stuff, and you got rid of the debris. You know that you add access to where you said some of your neighbors want to have that kind of access to a trailer or whatever. But are you sure no one might another company might be coming around actually clear the debris.
Speaker 2: Yes, we had pre meetings with this contractor walking the ditchline. Then he came out independently on his own and indiscriminately made the selections and mark the trees. I got it they were taking. And so the Ditch company themselves has not presented themselves to be a part of this process.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I like everything Troy said, and Troy, I appreciate your input on that. Work with these guys, get with the actual ditch company. But the first thing you've got to do, and I'm you know, I'm beating the dead horse here.
Speaker 1: You got to get a copy of that easement.
Speaker 6: Now, Alan, what is going on with you and Appliance Factory Outlet. You know, I've never had anybody call this show and say, hey, I had the best time at Appliance Factory Outlet. But I'll tell you this, it's ticked up quite a bit, Kelly. How many Appliance Factory Outlet and let's say the last three or four months, because we used to get them all the time, then they kind of settle down, and now we get them left and right.
Speaker 5: We've had probably five in the last short time.
Speaker 1: So what is your problem, Alan.
Speaker 7: Well, my problem is I bought an extended warranty honor of response cratching the refrigerator brand new, you know, just okay, about five days before the warranty ran it out. I show up at their shop, Uh, talking about my retrigerator not working. You know it shuts off, its shut off a time or two before that.
Speaker 1: But you know, I just thought it was when you say it shuts off. What do you mean?
Speaker 6: Oh, I just looked at the clock. Hold on, man, hold on, I'm gonna come right back to you after this. I gotta take it so I can give you some time before we take the long break. Three oh three seven one three A two five five two lines open, We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, listen, we have got a lock coming up. What do I have about thirty seconds. When I read this warranty after the break right on appliance Factory dot com, You're gonna be blown away by what I refer to is the worst warranty ever. We got another hour coming up.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denvers Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 15: Two ripped up.
Speaker 1: News.
Speaker 3: You need advice, w you don't.
Speaker 4: Have You come running just as as.
Speaker 1: We can show.
Speaker 15: Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 16: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome my.
Speaker 6: Friends to the only show of us time here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little bit better. You've been ripped off, Maybe you've been taken advantage of this show is for you. You call three oh three seven one three A two five five or three oho three Martino, or you can even email us at help at troubleshooter dot com. Any of those ways. One of us will get back to you. If it's a good case, a solid case, something we can help with, will assign somebody to it and hopefully we can knock it out of the park for you and you'll be one of the people calling in saying, hey, you got me that five thousand dollars dollar backer, you got me this back or whatever it happens to be, and we can then add or a tally of over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm going to go back to a call.
Speaker 6: We have an appliance factory outlet, but I want people to know something. This company has got a lot of complaints lately, a lot. We have gotten more calls about them in the last two or three months, and we have in a long time. Years ago we got a lot and then they stopped for a while, and now they're coming back.
Speaker 1: Something has changed over there.
Speaker 6: Maybe an ex employee or a current employee listening can email us at help at troubleshooter dot com. But something's changed. Maybe a district manager, a general manager. Something has changed in the past couple months. I don't know what it is, but something has definitely changed with these guys. Now when you buy something from them, I want you to go check out their actual warranty, if you'd go to Appliance Factory Outlet.
Speaker 1: In fact, I killed the window on accident.
Speaker 6: If you just google Appliance Factory Outlet warranty and you can actually go right to their warranty, and it's pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: It's just absolutely amazing.
Speaker 6: Look at their terms of service, scroll down and you're just going to be astounded by their warranty.
Speaker 1: I'm only going to.
Speaker 6: Read a few parts of it because it's very long, a lot of legal ease, but basically it says, our services are provided on an as is and as available basis. You expressly agree that the use of any service offered by us at your own soul risk. To the fullest extent. We disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, any warranty of merchant ability, fitness. It goes on and on. Then I'm gonna drop down another bit on it. We do not make any warranty regarding any good or service purchased or obtained through us, from any service offered by us, any transaction entered into US through any service offered. We or don't create or shall create any warranty not expressly made. They're basically saying, we have no warranty. You can read this yourself. It's long, but every other thing is we have no warranty. So when people call up, it's kind of funny. I don't quite understand, Like I would never read that. I've been to appliance factory and when I found out they were scratching then in other things, and their warranties are kind of weird. And when I say that, I read everything they say on their website. They're not everything. I just went to the juicy tidbits how they're warranty states they have no warranty, no implied warranty. But what me nuts because they do give you a warranty on some of the scratch and dent stuff, but it's actually done through their own company. I believe it's your own company or a company they hire to fix it. And then we get calls all the time saying they tried to fix it and it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: So they tried.
Speaker 6: The callers try to call up the manufacturer, and then that's when they learn on some of the products you buy there you don't have a manufacturer's warranty because it's a second So, Alan, I want to go back. What is your actual problem with your fridge? You bought from appliance factory.
Speaker 7: So the problem is it will shut off for a day or two whenever it feels like it.
Speaker 6: So how long will it stay off? Does it like shut off and come right back on? You have to reset it by unplugging it. What does that mean?
Speaker 7: No, that does not work. I can't. I can't do a hard reset. It just shuts off and it'll come back on into criminally whenever it feels like it. When it gets enough rest.
Speaker 1: Well that's insane.
Speaker 6: So does it go long enough to where the food goes bad? If you don't move it, it will?
Speaker 1: Yes, I wonder if it's overheating. We're talking compressor.
Speaker 3: Are we talking like the lights?
Speaker 1: You open the door, the lights are not even coming on. That's a good question. Are the lights still on?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: Nothing works on it except the control panel on the front, so it lights up but nothing else works.
Speaker 12: Could be the overload of the compressor. The compressor is getting very hot and then it shuts down.
Speaker 1: And one of the reasons it'll do that is that vent in the back.
Speaker 6: Most fridges are in that little cubby, and that fridge in the back can get very dusty, and all of a sudden, even though that fan is trying to spin and doing its job, it's not.
Speaker 1: But so you've had these guys out. What were you saying, Bow.
Speaker 3: That's very true.
Speaker 12: It could be blocked up with dirt in the back and you're not getting enough air circulation across that compressor.
Speaker 1: It's on.
Speaker 6: It doesn't sound totally electrical thanks to dragging in that question, because the bottom line is if everything was going out, we could be looking at something completely different. But because something is on, even if it's just the lights in the front, by the icemaker or whatever. So, but what happens you call appliance factory outlet. You said a few days before the warranty went out, you walked in there. When you walked in there, did you talk to the manager?
Speaker 1: What'd you do?
Speaker 7: I talked to the general manager and he told me that, you know, they take care of it. So they gave me a number to call for brand sources or service.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the that's the outside company. I don't know if they own brand Source or what, but that's the company. When you don't have a manufacturer's warranty through them, they use brand source.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So brand source comes out and replaces a control panel in one of the drawers, and well, miraculously the refrigerator started working again. So uh, a few weeks later it shut off.
Speaker 1: Again the exact same thing.
Speaker 7: Hey, you didn't yeah, the refrigerators. You didn't fix the original problem. And I're like, well, it's out of warranty now.
Speaker 1: So well, here's what I do. Here's the problem.
Speaker 6: How are you going to prove without having an expert come out there, that it's the same exact issue. You follow what I'm saying. I know all the symptoms are the same. But they could say, oh, no, the reason it's doing it this time is that. But when you say it's doing the same thing, you mean identical. It shut off. You still have the light on in the front, but everything else.
Speaker 5: Is dead exactly.
Speaker 6: I take them the small claims, and I know I say that a lot. I'm telling you, they're not going to do anything from here, but I think if you can show them that they you had the exact problem numerous times. They came out and fixed it when it was under warranty. And how long after that did it happen again?
Speaker 1: It was about three weeks a month, I'm telling you.
Speaker 7: So I called him back and they sent out the same technician and he pulled the same control panel out and put it back in and says, well, that's all I can do.
Speaker 1: He do you a good job.
Speaker 12: You need to call brand source back and request a supervisor technician.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait though, when he did that, did it turn back on? No?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: The second time he came out, it was already off. It had decided to quit working.
Speaker 5: So at least he.
Speaker 7: Got to see it not working and they had Well, so I called kitchen age.
Speaker 1: Well wait a minute, so that's good.
Speaker 6: Actually what you said is actually good for you, because that proves in a lot of ways what he did the first time didn't fix it. It really had nothing to do with it. Because I'm on doctor. The first time he came out, it was running again.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: The first time he came out.
Speaker 1: And swap the board.
Speaker 7: Uh, I'm sorry again.
Speaker 6: He swapped the board right right, and it was running before he swapped it, and it was running after he swapped it.
Speaker 7: Let me think back. It is about eight nine months ago.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Now you're so far out of warranty it's insane.
Speaker 3: Goot.
Speaker 1: Oh right, No, it was what the hell are you doing for a fridge? Right now?
Speaker 6: I got to ask some other questions. Now I'm scratching my head. Did you buy a new one?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 7: No, my sister gave me a refrigerator, so I put one in the garage.
Speaker 8: I got you, what I do?
Speaker 1: I got you?
Speaker 6: Well, I would take him. Honestly, I think you have a shot in small claims court because if they came out and did something that didn't fix it while it was under warranty, if it is the same issue, you're going to have to explain and prove to the judge it is or to the media. The bottom line is you're in the right, but it's gonna be a lot of uphill work when you get in front of that judge. You're gonna have to have another appliance center figure out what it is and tell you. You're gonna have to pay some dollars to figure out what's wrong with it?
Speaker 1: Now? Okay, how much is this thing worth?
Speaker 7: They are have kitchen at at least look at it because brand source never called them to find out what the real issue was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why don't you do that?
Speaker 6: Why don't you have someone else come out and look at it and figure out what the problem was, and then they can help you by writing something up saying this is that wasn't what the problem is when he called with this exact same problem going on?
Speaker 1: Ah right, okay, all right, man, Hey, follow up on that stuff. I love when people follow up with all right, Alan, go ahead, Doc.
Speaker 9: I have a guy that does with appliances. Who is I can't say it on the air, why but because he's rather just want to name mentioned because I think he works for applians. Come, Oh, I see if he came out to while six of the fridge in about ten minutes when the icemaker wasn't working. Oh, I'll give you his name off the air, Allen, give him a call for one hundred bucks, will come out and give you an hour's worth of work.
Speaker 6: Hey, I want to Hey, thanks for the call. Man three O three seven one three A two five five. We do have a couple of lines open.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you something, Doc, and I want to ask both something.
Speaker 6: There's this guy on YouTube. You can always watch this on YouTube. We've got you know, people watching us right now. You go to YouTube, you type in Troubleshooter Network, you'll find our live show every day Monday through Friday. You can see us here us during breaks.
Speaker 1: It's like a.
Speaker 6: Show within his show. But we've got one guy. He's a great listener. He's been around on here forever.
Speaker 1: Dave h. It's all I know him by.
Speaker 6: This guy always has issues when we talk about businesses. He actually put on there. We shouldn't read their warranty. I can't even make that makes sense in my brain. Why we wouldn't read a warranty. That's so important for listen nerves to hear and understand. When you do business with the clients factory outlet, you should at least go look at their warranty, which basically says, if you're buying it as is, you have no warranty.
Speaker 1: But where's the mentality come from.
Speaker 12: It's important that you read that warranty so people know that Factory Appliance Outlets warranty expressly agrees that their warranty sucks and pears will need to know that.
Speaker 6: It drives me in saying, this guy, though, what do you think to mentality? Is a guy that sticks up for a business. When people walk in there, they don't realize some of this scratch and dent stuff has no warranty. There are seconds they're bought from, like you know, they're bought maybe home Depot made an order and a truck fell over and they're all beat up and scratched in debt. They buy that and then they sell it with no warranty, and.
Speaker 3: Truth is truth. We didn't malign them, we didn't slander them. We just read their warranty without any correction.
Speaker 6: And on top of that, the other thing we mentioned, how many complaints we get on them recently. I would love to know from somebody email us at help at troubleshooter dot com what's changed. I have no doubt in my mind a position or management meaning upper management owned change or ownership with make the owners call. Something has changed in the last three four months?
Speaker 1: What the hell is it? Hang on go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: You know, years ago, I was sitting here and this person called up and I'm trying to find this contract. I was just talking about Appliance Factory Outlet and their warranty that basically says we don't have a warranty. You really should go read it yourself. Just google it Appliance Factory Outlet warranty and go.
Speaker 1: Look at it for yourself. It's hard to believe it's there, but it is. Now.
Speaker 6: Listen to this, though, someone on YouTube pointed out a better one we had years ago, and I remember the company's name was Luna. I don't know if it was Lunar Roofing, Luna Construction. I'm pretty sure yeah, Lunatic. It had something to do with either like a deck or retaining wall, some kind of projects. So the caller called up and had a problem of going, this thing's horrible. It's fallen apart. Once again, I wish I could remember.
Speaker 1: What it was. Let's just say it was a deck.
Speaker 6: And when I call up to complain, the owner, who I assume is mister Luna, says, look at my warranty at the bottom. So she sent over the contract and at the bottom of the contract she signed was what we refer to as the Luna clause. And this isn't verbatim, but this is very close to what it said. The guy was definitely not from the US. Hispanic guy English was very bad. So you got to remember that for context, because here's basically what it said. If you know, happy with Luna work and Luna don't agree, no warranty for you. That's what it said. Once again, that's not verbatim, but it's about as close to that as I can remember. And I will find that people are telling me I actually posted it that day on our YouTube feed, but I wouldn't even know where to start going back for that, but I would love.
Speaker 1: To read it to you.
Speaker 6: It was the worst warranty of no warranties ever. If Luna no agree, you get nothing, I mean, and it went on to say other stuff like that it was something else. It was really really something else. Mike, what's going on with Amazon? That's a company we occasionally get calls on, but not a lot.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Mike. Sorry, No, you're good man.
Speaker 6: What's going on with Amazon? I mean, we rarely get issues, I know, And.
Speaker 10: This is the first time this has ever happened to me, but apparently it's happened in quite a few people.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 10: I ordered two identical framed mirrors from Amazon.
Speaker 6: Okay, like for a bathroom or something, a vanity okay, yep.
Speaker 10: And they showed up about a week apart and they were both broken. Okay. Yeah, So I went back to UPS store to return them, and this is where it gets weird. They wanted them put back in the same box together. Well, they didn't come in a box together.
Speaker 1: They came in separate box, right.
Speaker 10: They were ship separately. So I said, let's just tape them together. And the UPS guy says they're too heavy. So what do I do?
Speaker 5: I only have one?
Speaker 1: Mike, did you go to the UPS store or was this a pickup? No, I went to the ups okay, so keep going. So then what.
Speaker 10: Okay, so I can't tape them together. I have one shipping label, okay, I said, Well, let me ship back one and I'll wait for the second shipping label after we called the super secret number for Amazon Customer Service okay, which comes from some third world country. I'm sure because I couldn't understand anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Anyway, I get the shuffle and I can't return one mirror with the one shipping label I have. I have to have both shipping labels.
Speaker 6: So when you go to your I want to ask a basic question. When you go to your Amazon account and you start the refund process, you're saying, when you choose one of the mirrors, both of them are there. It was the same even though they were shipped separately. Right, that is very interesting. Do you still have the shipping label from the one that showed up later?
Speaker 5: Well, this was the.
Speaker 10: Part that was really good was I kept pulling back every three days, and they kept saying, yeah, it's on where you should have it on your email or something like that. Yeah, And eventually they ran it out of the thirty days to where I could return it. So I eventually just said, you know what, I took it in shorts.
Speaker 3: Did you already e mail in the one?
Speaker 5: Breah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Oh it's two bad because all you had to do was make a xerox copy of the second label and stick it on the box.
Speaker 1: Did you you got the refund on the one now? Right?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I didn't get a refund on either one because I had to ship them both back and I had to have them a separate label.
Speaker 6: No, but you did. Listen, listen to what I'm saying. You did get the refund on the one?
Speaker 10: No, No, because label was for both.
Speaker 1: Of them and you only shipped one.
Speaker 10: I couldn't ship one because the of the refund label was.
Speaker 6: I understand it. It is a very strange problem. Now there's a couple ways you could handle it. Okay, how long agoes this?
Speaker 10: Oh it's been sixty days? Now?
Speaker 1: Do you still have both mirrors?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 10: I finally threw them away. There are more pieces than I could count.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 10: So I'm I'm not trying to get a refund anymore.
Speaker 6: No, Well, hold on, hold on, I've dealt with Amazon so many times, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: The one way that I would have done it, okay, I would have ordered two new mirrors that hopefully show up not cracked, and then I would have shipped the other ones back, the broken ones. But you can't do that anymore. Then you're not actually getting a refund on the ones that are out of warranty, you're actually sending back.
Speaker 1: The new ones. You follow what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I do now.
Speaker 6: The second thing I've done, and this drove me crazy. I ordered a computer on Amazon, a little mini computer. I mean the things like the size of a cell phone, and it plugs into the back of a TV HDMI and basically it's more of an entertainment system, but it's a little Windows system. It showed up and it would overheat so fast it was crazy. So I started it. I shipped it back. Unlike you, I had no problem shipping it. The company received it, but I still didn't get a credit. I waited, still didn't get a credit. Waited, still didn't get a credit. Then the company said that they didn't receive it. I sent Amazon and the third party proof that I sent it. They got it, and I sent them proof they received it. Still didn't get a credit. Then I got sick of dealing with it, and sick of dealing with the same people that I talked to on the Amazon side one hundred times, like you that barely speak English. I called up my credit card company and I told them I sent it back. Amazon said I'd get a credit. I never got one. They gave me a credit for the two hundred bucks or whatever. It was a provisional credit, and they never pulled the provisional credit. Another words, I got to keep my money, so I ended up getting fully refund.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: That was the biggest problem I had was UPS. People were just flat telling me there was nothing they can.
Speaker 5: Help me with.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I couldn't send one, I couldn't spend two.
Speaker 1: Well, they sound like morons at UPS. I mean, you know it's the UPS store.
Speaker 9: Hey, Mike, did you want them to box it? Or did you box it?
Speaker 10: It was still in the box. I didn't have to check and see inside if the mirror was broken because it went jingle jingle.
Speaker 9: Oh, Because what you could have done was just put both in one box before you brought it to UPS and just tick the label on the one box that they you know, they don't care about weight. They just chaud you for it.
Speaker 10: Well, see, I was just gonna take the two boxes.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 6: Listen, man, I got to take a break. I'm telling you what I would do. It's too late if you threw the mirrors out for option I.
Speaker 10: Watch, I got you. I was just saying, call up, just.
Speaker 6: Dispute your Amazon charge. That's all you gotta do. Man, They're not gonna mess with you. I'm telling you Amazon is not gonna is not gonna pull back to that provisional credit.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, three oh.
Speaker 6: Three seven one three A two five. I promise I'll get to the phones. But I got a little personal issue I've been thinking about.
Speaker 1: How do you endorse a good friend of coming up on thirty years, somebody you've known prior to their kids, prior to them having kids, someone that was there when your kids who were born. How do you endorse somebody you kind of look at as a brother on one hand, a father on one hand, and somewhat of a mentor. How do you endorse.
Speaker 6: Someone like that? I'll tell you who I'm talking about. It's first time I've talked about this, and I've talked Suzanne about how I would do this. I'm talking about Martina. What am I endorsing for him? Well, it's amazing. He started about five or six years ago. He basically created a fund. It's a private fund that you can invest in. Honestly, he got sick and tired of paying a lot of fees. Now I want you to check it out. And I don't even hesitate to say how.
Speaker 1: Great it is. But you need to do the research. You need to look it out, you need to go to the website, you need to make the phone call, you need to ask. Now, I'll tell you something. It's not for everybody. And what I mean by that is, this isn't buying five thousand dollars worth of something. This is money you're investing and you're gonna get a good return on it. Now, that's coming from me. I really want you to check out the fund and make the call. Now I'm going to dial in how I'm going to talk about it in the future, but I really want you to check the website out and make the phone call. I want you to ask the questions. I really do. I'm not even going to get into how great it's done for time. Do you realize most of his money is in his own fund. Now, If that doesn't say a lot, I don't know what does. They created basically what they call Strategic Wealth Enhancement Learning Logic, or they call it SWELL. It's basically an AI program they've been working on and it works. Okay, I'm not even going to give all the disclaimers right now, because honestly I haven't I haven't read enough to get the disclaimers. But I know this. Tom Martino created this fund. He's a very wealthy man, and he invests most of his own money into this fund. And now it is open up to a lot of people out there. It is a private fund. So call and ask the questions. I'll kind of leave it at that, and I'm going to give the website out. I think that's the best way to do it.
Speaker 6: W eight WM W eight WM Wave eight Wealth Management W eight WM dot com. Please go check it out right now, W eight WM dot com. Make the call, talk to the folks. You're gonna be happy you did now. Three O three seven one three eight two five five Doc, How do you think I did on that?
Speaker 1: It's kind of I've never endorsed Tom before. It's hard.
Speaker 9: I saw you, I didn't know, but I know a little bit about the fund from you know, and I am going to invest in it.
Speaker 1: Very nice and I think you did a great job.
Speaker 6: Actually, it's very hard talking about someone you've known forever that's a consumer advocate and when you talk about a lot of financial stuff. It's just I don't know why I find it so hard.
Speaker 1: It's very odd.
Speaker 6: I guess he used to endorse me all the time when I own the computer stores, when I own my Goodyear stores. So it's kind of weird on the other side, But I digress. I got to get to the phone. Oh, they have to look into it. I mean absolutely positively. Now, Lucas, thank you, First of all for holding so long? What's going on?
Speaker 5: You hear me?
Speaker 1: I can hear you perfectly, Lucas.
Speaker 17: Great, Hey, so I have a property manager that's trying to charge an erroneous early termination fee for a lease.
Speaker 6: And well, what does the lease say, Let's cut right to it. What is the least talk about? Is there early termination in there? And if there is something about early termination, is it different than what he's trying to charge.
Speaker 17: Well, what happened is I have email correspondence with them stating here's what you need to do to go once a month. It's automatic in your lease. And I said, okay, great, thank you, and gave them the required notice. And I even have documentation from the new management company they switched during this stating oh yeah, you don't know that anymore. It will take it off. And now they're still sending me an invoice and not responding to communication.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. You know what I'd like to do. I don't know if we have time to give Brad O'Brien up. How much are they asking for about five thousand and what are you thinking it should be?
Speaker 14: Zero?
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry, Lucas, I'm gonna tell you something I was staring at a text that just came in for my wife. I actually missed that first part of it.
Speaker 6: I just wasn't paying attention. I don't mind admitting it, so say it again, how early you're leaving?
Speaker 17: So we talked to them with an email correspondence, and they basically told us how we could go on a month to month lease.
Speaker 5: Got it, We're already out of the lease.
Speaker 6: So you were out of the lease. And then basically you didn't renew a long term lease. You switched over to month to month. Was anything in writing there or you basically just stayed there?
Speaker 17: Basically they stated that our lease automatically goes months to month. Yes, and we didn't need to do anything.
Speaker 1: And so I was like, okay, great, and now I assume and Luke hold on doc.
Speaker 6: And now what I assume they're saying is you had to give a certain amount of notice to not renew the one year lease.
Speaker 17: They told me the notice, and I already gave them that in okay writing and this new management.
Speaker 1: So why are they asking for five thousand dollars now?
Speaker 17: Then I have no idea. It's a new management company. I sent them the email correspondents of the previous month, same owner.
Speaker 6: Could you send that over to me? Yeah, send it to help h E. LP at troubleshooter dot com. Kelly, do me a favor and get me that soon. As as soon as he does that, hold on, I need you to give her the information for you too, Lucas. I'm going to send over some of those correspondents, and then can you also send me a PDF of the original lease?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I should be able to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should be able to find that even just right through them. Hold on a second.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get Brad O'Brien on tomorrow. But if you can get me both of those things tonight, he can peek at him and we can figure out the best way for you to go forward quickly tomorrow morning. Okay, okay, all right, hold tight three oh three seven to one three talk.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Can comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Realestateman dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two