Speaker 1: It's an emly if you went to a forty minute game with the issues around load management and resting, it would be the equivalent of taking my fifteen games off the season.
Speaker 2: The Dan Patrick Show Weekday Morning six a yap right here on LA's home of the world champion Todgers. Phoning in.
Speaker 3: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 2: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 3: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 4: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and.
Speaker 2: Now here He is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 3: At follow Adam a Adam Ousley. The Clippers win one thirty two to one hundred in Brooklyn over the Nets, and with that they secure their fourteenth straight winning season, longest active winning streak in the Association of consecutive winning seasons. Welcome into Clippers Talk. I'm out a Mauslin. Clippers get to forty two victories on the season, and they have won ten of their last twelve and it easily could have been twelve wins in a row eight seven, seven, five to two, zero eleven fifty eight seven, seven, five to two, zero eleven fifty is the phone number. Maybe you need to call in confess that you were out on this team. You were out on Kawhi post All Star Break, the first five or six games. Maybe you need to admit to yourself, have a little confessional here that you're back in with this Clippers team. That's your believer again. I never really waivered. It just came down to is Kawhi gonna get back to looking like last year's version of Kawhi Letard. Well, for eight straight games now he's looked like him. This was game thirty of the season for Kawhi Letard, just game thirty, and the Clippers are what eleven games over five hundred forty two and thirty one seems good. They have a shot to continue to rise up the standings. There's an outside shot of them gaining the four spot. Still, they probably have to go eight and won the last nine games. Maybe get some help and you can go seven to two. But Kawai had thirty one points on just fourteen shots. That is the Kawhi Leonard. I recognize what he's doing right now. In March, first game of March, thirty three points thirteen to twenty three shooting, second game twenty one to nine of twenty shooting, third twenty on six of eighteen, fourth, seventeen points on seven of nineteen shooting. But then twenty nine points, twenty five, twenty three, thirty three, twenty three, twenty five, twenty seven, thirty one. On extreme efficiency, we're talking a guy who's been shooting sixty percent from the field his last this one two eight games, incredible three pointers are falling. He went five of six and knocked down a thirty four footer at the end of the second quarter. When the Clippers opened it up. He had twenty five of his thirty one points in the first half. Kawhi and the Clippers went on a twenty five to six run to end the second quarter. If Kawhi is like this, you have a chance against anyone. He's been playing heavy minutes. Didn't have to win this game, of course, just twenty seven, but the two games prior forty one minutes, forty minutes. What else do you need to see? Just like we thought early in the season, with how good their defense will if they have last year's version of Kawhi, why can't they make a run in the Western Conference. I think OKC is elite. I feel like everybody else has some flaws, noticeable flaws. This Clippers team is dangerous, extremely dangerous right now, and it's because Kawhi is back and the defense. That's when I knew he was back. The game against Atlanta where he had five steals on their previous road trip and they would win once went he one to ninety eight before they head back home, and then they crushed the Charlotte Hornets in that game. Showed me he's feeling good. He was locking up Dyson Daniels. And then today defensively, another great performance. He has been playing Kawhi Leonard type defense over these last eight games, where he's also shooting sixty sixty percent from the field. He starts this one off getting a layup going to his left, then has a dunk where he split two defenders in transition, physicality, more confidence in his knee. In the second Kawhi is an and one on a layup, a block on another young guy, and I think he likes showing the young guys how it's done. Jalen Wilson a big swat on him as he just locked him down defensively, he had nowhere to go. Then he hit a jumper over Wilson on the right elbow, a Kawhi steele, and a three pointer on the other end. He starts bleeding from his left elbow. It bleeds. We can kill it now. Maybe he's android, synthetic whatever. He goes out of the game for a little bit, then comes back towards the end of the second quarter, swipes the ball away from Keon Johnson, has a steal and slam on d Low, a Kawhi three over d Low to get to twenty two points before the half is over, and then another thirty four foot three to give him twenty five points at the half. Unbelievable, complete domination from the claw. He gets a steal to start the third another one done, got the deflection, it went to Kawhi, but he got a three off of that one. Clippers got up by as many as forty one. You know what My only problem with his game was, you can say this still start for the team, but Brooklyn started hot. I was like, coach Lou, please pull the starters, please pull them. I know a lot of these guys probably aren't playing on Sundays, so you're giving them more minutes, more reps. I just don't know what they were gonna learn against Brooklyn, but I get it. Kawhi. Eventually we hit another three pointer to get to thirty one points. The Clippers got up ninety seven to fifty seven. Then Kawhi came out for DJ. They had at one point a seventy three to thirty three scoring run on Brooklyn. They led by as many as forty one. Last time when they won by fifty nine. I think that was the biggest winning franchise history. They had one hundred and two to forty two scoring run on them. Brooklyn's in a bad place. They're watching Duke and Cooper flag right now, maybe a little bit distracted. You gotta respect your opponent the Clippers did. They may have started slow, but boy, they hit the gas and flip a switch the end of that second quarter with that twenty five to six run. A lot of Kawhi theres. He had nineteen points in the second quarter alone. It beats the Zubots couldn't miss. Literally. He went nine of nine and had twenty one to twelve. Congratulations to Big Zoo for getting to his fiftieth double double of the season. He set this goal at the beginning of the year. He's got it with nine games left. Congratulations to Zoo Truthers two that always knew he could do this if he just got a bigger opportunity, never a doubt. Zubots had ten points in the first quarter. He was really keeping them close when Brooklyn was hitting everything for a second, I mean, Zoo ad a bucket early, a push shot, a floater, a spinning layup. In the second he had a drive to the basket. I get took it from the top of the key, so I'll take I'll take whatever the defense has given me. Had a bucket off a great feed from James Harden rolling to the basket. In the second. Zoo had a pastor Chris Dunn who missed a reverse layup or it looked like he was fouled in the second quarter and it was a beautiful feed from Visa Zubas. But he had a block then in the third leading to a lefty hook for himself to put him up ninety seven to fifty seven. As I mentioned before, DJ came in for Kawhi. He had a dunk in the third. A couple of them just complete domination, outclassed the Brooklyn Nets completely. They had nothing for this Clippers team today. It's not that beating Brooklyn by thirty two. Me and say the Clippers they're a dominant team now, they're great, they're special. It's the totality of work we have seen over the last two or three weeks now their last twelve games where they have one ten of twelve, and then you factor in, Okay, how should you play against a bad team like the Brooklyn Nets? How should it look? It looked like that, leading by as many as forty one, they obliterated them. That's what it should like. Should look like an elite team taking on a struggling franchise, that is, you know, starting a rebuild, looking forward to the summer in the draft. That's how a game should look. Start things off with Ryan in Santa Ana. Ryan, you're on clipperstock, you're on the Patriot amlum fifty. What's up? Brian?
Speaker 5: Hey Adam, how's it going?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 5: Ryan?
Speaker 3: How you feeling?
Speaker 5: I feel pretty good? That was a really great win. What do you say about Kwai? Kwai is unbelievable tonight on both sides. He locked up that Welson kid and he just like welcomed them to the NBA right now. That was great to see. Yeah, Zoo needs to be in the in consederacy for Defensive Player of the Year. Him and Chris don should be like.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting, Chris Dunn won't make it because he hasn't played enough games. He won't get to enough games in enough minutes in those games. If each of zubots will and I think will make an all defensive team. But he has been getting looks for Defensive Player of the Year. I don't think he'll win it. It'll probably be Evan Mobley, who will see on Sunday, even though Zoo bodied him the last game. I don't think he'll win it, but he is being talked about. Yeah, it could be Dyson. I just I'm not hating because the team isn't great overall, but specifically their defense isn't great with Atlanta, so sometimes I'm like, well, what is his impact exactly? But I looked at all the on off splits for him to see how big of an impact Ison Daniels does have when he's on the court, So maybe there's something to that. But yeah, I agree with you those two guys a visa Zubats should be in the running for sure.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, well, at least he has to make all defensive team like that's yeah, that's where he should be. Yeah, it's crazy. I'm really it feels too good to be true.
Speaker 4: This is crazy.
Speaker 5: Clippers look unbelievable.
Speaker 3: You're waiting for the other shoot. You're waiting for the other shoot to drop all Ryan, You're expecting something bad to happen because the Clippers look too.
Speaker 5: Good, Adams, Adam, Clippers be clipping. So I'm just waiting.
Speaker 3: Well, let's just hope for the best. There's nine games left. They're playing great basketball. Let's just hope they can keep it rolling into the playoffs. Let's just hope, because that's all we can do.
Speaker 5: Selfishly, just one last thing. Selfishly, I think smartly, I wish we could be in the sixth seed, just for the long term. I'm not ducking smoke, but like, I think that would work out in the long run if we end up four or five.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 5: We got to take on Lakers and then Thunder and but it's a true test to see how how great this team is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you, and just peaking at the right time. Is awesome to see you appreciate the phone call ride. We'll take a quick time out here on Clippers stock after they take down the Brooklyn Nets one thirty two to one hundred in Brooklyn. Coming up next, looking for postgame audio. We'll get back to your phone calls as well. Eight seven seven five to two zero eleven fifty eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty. I mean, how many teams are playing better than the Clippers right now in the NBA? You can say, Okay, see in Houston, Cleveland's five and five their last ten, Boston's nine and won their last ten, you could say them. So, Clippers are playing at an elite level. As we're getting close to the playoffs, Kawhi is looking in peak form, prime form, peak of his powers form before we hit the playoffs. Yeah, things are going well, but as Kawai always says, just take it a game at a time, don't look too far ahead. They're taking our Cleveland on Sunday, we're on that coming up. I'm at Amazon and you're listening to Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network here on the Patriot m Am eleven fifty.
Speaker 2: Colin Cowherd weekday mornings at nine am after Dan Patrick right here on your home of the world champion Dodgers A Sports. This is the La Clippers Audio Network, best.
Speaker 4: Fans and best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 2: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App Back to Clippers basketball. Clippers win over the Brooklyn Nets and handle business, a professional approach and a one thirty two to one hundred victory. It's exactly what you wanted to see. They led by as many as forty one and Kawhi had thirty one points off of fourteen shots, ten of fourteen shooting, some explosive plays, some great defensive plays. He was five of six from three and hit one from Steph Curryland at the end of the first half. Great feed there too hard and going back to him knowing that he was hot. James Harden had seventeen six assists Clippers of one, ten and twelve. And I know a lot of Lakers fans and outsiders will downplay this. I know how this goes hang the banner. So original, just so original when people say that if you don't understand that this is especially meaningful for this franchise, I don't know how to convince you like you're not close enough to the situation to understand how far the Clippers have come. Because when I say getting to fourteen straight winning seasons after where this franchise had been is something to celebrate, you got to understand they went from the worst owner in sports to I think the best. They went from at one point being called the worst franchise in sports. Paper bags on their heads. I think that was the cover of Sports Illustrated, Like, this isn't nothing. Fourteen straight winning seasons, It's okay to celebrate it. No, they haven't gotten the hardware over that time. They've had some low points with not rising to meet the moment. They've also had just some really bad luck with injuries that have kept them from holding the LARRYO. B But fourteen straight winning seasons longest active consecutive winning streak in the NBA and tied for the fourth most consecutive winning seasons ever with the Blazers and the Celtics twice. I'm not gonna push that aside. I'm not gonna say yeah, but you can do that if you want. This is meaningful.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: I say it all the time. But in many ways they became a new franchise when Balmber took over in twenty fourteen. Something that happened before Balmber. You know, I know some of these seasons are included there a couple of them, but they had an owner for the most part who was actively working against against the best interests of the franchise before Steve Bamer. So in your grass Clipper Nation, you gonna be proud of that. It's okay, it's all right. You know what, Laker fans are gonna say, you win a championship. Lakers are gonna go who cares, she got one? They're always gonna move the goalposts. That's how it's always gonna be. That doesn't mean you can't be brought proud of stuff. They've come a long way, this franchise, this organization to get to fourteen straight winning seasons, all right. The most is, of course, the Spurs with twenty two straight. After that's the Jazz from eighty five to two thousand and four, nineteen straight, Lakers sixteenth straight from seventy six to ninety two, and then Blazers, Celtics, Clippers all with fourteen straight winning seasons. I know, the Jazz. You know, some people will say well, they ran into m J unfortunately. Still think they had some really low moments where they probably weren't good enough, but they didn't rust the occasion at times. Male man doesn't deliver on Sunday Game one moment. But it's it's not something to just diminish. It is a run of success that is important to acknowledge. The Clippers are in a much better place, much better place than they were twenty.
Speaker 6: Years ago, forty years ago, fifty years ago, much better place this season currently having won ten of twelve.
Speaker 3: Where everyone feels like, you know, Kawi looks like this. Give us Denver, give us the Lakers. I would prefer the Houston Rockets or Memphis Grizzlies, But I get it. You should have confidence in just about anybody, especially because now you're seeing Kawhi Leonard leading that second unit to start second quarters. They were really good in this one. They went plus four, it could have easily been plus ten in their minutes. I'm talking about Kawhi next to Bogie, next to Ben Simmons, next to DJ, next to Batoom. That five man unit started the second quarter again, they went plus four, easily could have been plus ten. But they still gave up a couple of threes to Brooklyn, but they're starting to build something there an area where they have struggled all season long. Bleeding points without James Harden on the court to start second quarters, not being able to execute on the offensive end, and you're starting to some signs of life. I need to see a lot more. This was still against Brooklyn, but the fourth quarter with those guys last game against the Knicks was great, and then the second quarter was very good. Today, give me more. Clippers win one thirty two to one hundred in Brooklyn over the Nets. We'll take a quick time out. We'll come back looking for postgame audio in quotes from coach Lou and the players. I'm at a Maslind and you're listening to clipperstock here on the Patriot AM eleven fifty.
Speaker 1: Download the app today for additional exclusive offers. Go Clippers and remember, eat more Chicken. This is the La Clippers Audio network.
Speaker 4: Best fans and best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 2: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Back to Clippers basketball. Clippers with a thirty two point victory in Brooklyn over the Nets. Kawhi is thirty one points light work. It was from the Clippers and Kawhi. Thirty one points and twenty seven minutes off of fourteen shots is ridiculous. Clippers also went twenty five to twenty eight at the free throw line. That was great to see. They started off slow from three point land. They ended up nineteen of thirty seven. Kind of a big deal for a team that was struggling for a while from three. Not so much of the moment. So last ten games heading into this one, the Clippers had the second best offense in the fourth best defense, and the second best net rating. That's only going to go up after winning one thirty two to one hundred scary hours, quite possibly because Kawhi looks amazing. He's had and law Murray pointed this out on Blue Ski earlier. He's had eleven twenty point games in March, but twenty five points on the first half in this one. A long three pointer to end the first half from Kawhi. You don't see him take those shots very often, but James Harden said, you're hot, take it. He's five of six from three. It is remarkable to see, and I've been saying this year after year Kawhi comes back from injury. It's a testament to how hard of a worker he is. He comes back from serious injuries. For the most part, he looks the same. He eventually gets to that point where he looks the same and he has you believe, and he's a top five player in the league still, and all you need is his health, his good health, and you can make a run and you can beat anybody. And right now, this is like his January normally, and we're in March because he just got to game thirty and that's typically when he came things into gear. Look at January twenty twenty four. In January twenty twenty three offensive numbers from him, that's when he turned the corner off the ACL and that's when he really turned a corner. It even happened in middle of December last year and they went on that twenty six and five run and he put up the all time efficiency record over thirty games of what was it, fifty seven fifty two ninety splits. Yeah, well, he's shooting us sixty percent from the field to last eight games. Kua, we'll take it to quick time out. We'll come back. Still looking for postgame audio after the Clippers went big in Brooklyn one thirty two to one hundred. I'm out of moslind and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network and Clippers Stock on the Patriot AMLM fifty.
Speaker 2: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 2: Take us where you wherever you are on the iheartradiop back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 3: Clippers blowout the Brooklyn Nets. I'm out of Mosland, Welcome back in. It's Clipperstock here on the Patriot AM eleven fifty. Quick one for you here. Final segment justin Russo just put this up at fly by Night, saying hard to say how much it means, since after all, it's a small sample size, but the Clippers are second in offensive rating and third in defensive ratings since March fifth. Only the Oklahoma City Thunder have a higher net rating than the Clippers over that time. That's kind of something I was telling you earlier coming into the game. It was that LA Clippers had a seventy one point five true shooting percentage tonight. It's their third best mark of the season. Their second best mark just came against Memphis last Friday at into it. But then there's this post love this from Russo. Kawhi Leonard had thirty one points on ten to fourteen shooting tonight and according to tracking data, gave up zero points defensively on zero for seven shooting against him, Leonard had four steals and two blocks. Your two way superstar is back. Everybody doubting him? Oh boy, do I have some receipts on Kawhi? Boy? Do I have some bookmarks on Kauwhi. I'm gonna show you one on the chat side, but it goes like this. It was from February sixth. I was responding to I think Jesse Beer, who's a big Clippers fan on x who said Kawhi is cooked man. He said this on February sixth. I'll share the screen on the YouTube side. I responded to that and said, the reports of Kauai's demise have always been greatly exaggerated. I'm not going there and saying that, Yet it pays to not give up on Kawhi be on the right side of history. He ramps up at his own speed, at his own pace, and he looks to be just about where he was at his best last season. Now, with nine games remaining, three of those games we expect him to be out of because they have three more back to backs, including the next two games taking place in a back to back Sunday in Cleveland Monday against the Orlando Magic. I don't expect Kawhi Leonard to be playing on Sunday. I think he plays the magic game. Why do I say that? Because coach lou in New York said a mirror is starting on Sunday, so it sounded like they already have a plan which game they're going for. Doesn't mean they're punting the game on Sunday. Cleveland's been short guys too. Could be two teams that are under manned. Could be an even match, could be Big zubersus Jared Allen. He's gonna be fun. Sunday tip off twelve thirty pm Pacific time. We'll have a pregame show starting eleven thirty am Pacific time before we get out of here. I thank the Clippers organization and congratulate them on fourteen straight winning, season's longest active streak in the NBA. Big things for Ralph Laula, Brian Seeman, Noah Igo, Carlo Jimenez, Daniel West our producer, back here in the bank, the callers, the listeners, the chatters. We'll talk to you guys soon. And how about Sunday eleven thirty pregame Clippers in Cleveland. Talk to you then.
Speaker 2: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long, after every game.
Speaker 3: The volume is truly impressive.
Speaker 2: And make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 4: Clippers Talk Maybe