Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Especially for example, when the poop comes out, that makes more room for additional food.
Speaker 1: I mean, see that, boyd, that's I've.
Speaker 2: Never understood that happening with anybody.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, poo doesn't push out the poop yet more. That is a fact. By the way, that's all.
Speaker 2: Of us, that's every living creature on the planet.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle, and good morning everybody. Go handle here.
Speaker 2: It's a Friday, a foody Friday, September thirteenth. By the way, that last promo was yesterday when Neil and I and we all got into termite poop talk and Neil had done what his spot and.
Speaker 3: I was talking about the thug man and explaining that by the time you see the poop.
Speaker 1: That it's cut, that it's uh, by.
Speaker 3: The time you see it's already been two years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is kind of bizarre. I mean, that's a serious constipation issue two years later.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is kind of there's a lot of cellulose and fiber it would.
Speaker 2: But yeah, go figure absolutely well, we're going to say something this morning uh, and and I forgot what it was already. Another Biden moment that, now, by the way, is a new term that we use in the United States, our English language version of English is we now have a Biden.
Speaker 3: Moment mental constipation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much. And I just had one of those. Okay, it's a Friday. Oh you know what else.
Speaker 2: We're going to try it today, something new which I haven't done it. I've never done it, and I wanted to try it today. We're going to try it at seven fifty. And it is Oh no, it's not seven fifty, it's eight.
Speaker 3: Uh. Carry the one.
Speaker 2: It's eight thirty, I think, right, yeah, it's a thirty, thank you. And she puts this up and sometimes I pay attention.
Speaker 4: I was just watching him. I knew what it was, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You watched him, you know this line where he's scrunched up and pointing. And because what Anne does is gives me the runout the rundown, which I put up and I look at it and yeah, that's that's always been the case, because I can't remember this stuff. And usually and it starts with hi, this is Bill handle, because quite often I forget my name. Incidentally, that is not particularly shtick either, ask Neil. I have forgotten my name many times when introducing myself.
Speaker 4: What's at the top of that page.
Speaker 1: Here's Amy King for our newsroom that time. Yeah, yeah, you know I should take a picture of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want to do We'll put that on on Instagram and say Bill needs these in order to even introduce himself and do the show in the morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me say hello, and then I'm I tell you what.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do at eight thirty, which I have wanted to do and I never have on this show, and it's going to be great fun.
Speaker 1: Amy kon O'Neil and good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, okay, Glass, thank you very much, Good morning to you.
Speaker 1: Excellent Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, for those of you that have never listened to Handle on the Law, which I do Saturdays from eight to eleven o'clock, what makes the show a lot of fun is certainly not my legal advice, which is that can be entertaining, because as you know, I make it up for the most part when I say marginal legal advice.
Speaker 1: So I have a great story about that too. It's the phone calls that come in.
Speaker 2: How insane people are, and that show has been going on.
Speaker 1: Man, are you ready for this? Older than you are? Neil. That show it first premiered in Are You Ready? Boys and Girls? Nineteen eighty five. I've been doing the show for that long.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still get questions that I've never asked. I've never been asked in any case.
Speaker 2: So we're going through the archives, and occasionally I'll go through the archives and listen to the phone calls, and some of them, a lot of them are wildly entertaining, interspersed with interspersed with my complete lack of knowledge of the law and making it up and having people believe it. And the more I tell them I make it up, they believe it. It's very strange. The dynamic dynamic is so weird. So today we are going to do a couple of phone calls at the eight thirty hour or the eight thirty segment of a couple of previous Handle on the Law phone calls that we've pulled out of our our I have every phone call, every minute of that.
Speaker 1: Show that I have done since nineteen eighty five. You know how many.
Speaker 2: Thousands of hours and zillions of phone calls you look at what I have.
Speaker 1: I have giant reels of tape.
Speaker 2: I have cassettes, I have dats, I have CDs. No no records, although that's very good too, the old seventy eights.
Speaker 1: I have some of those. In any case, so we pulled some.
Speaker 2: Of the phone calls over the past several years, and that's coming up at eight thirty this morning, So that should be funny. So you want to stay tuned for that, or you don't, cause I'm going to have a good time listening.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, you ready to do it?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, let's do it.
Speaker 2: On a foody Friday, September thirteenth, handle on the news, Amy Neil and Me lead story thirty three thousand Boeing union members begin their strike. It is very rough for Boeing. I mean very rough. I'm going to do more about this is seven o'clock because this story has many different levels. One of the stories is that there were union workers in the factory and they the factory locked down its door so workers couldn't get out, and then they realized it was really easy to punch out the windows, and they went out the windows. Okay, sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Anyway more at seven o'clock. Hey, what a start, huh this morning.
Speaker 5: You know what I think it's interesting about this story is that the union and Boeing had a deal. Yeah, they had the agreement, and then the workers voted on it in ninety five percent of them said oh, hell no and said they didn't want the deal.
Speaker 2: And all that almost never happens because usually when union management says, this is our deal, this is what we've agreed to, we suggest you sign this deal accepted, it's virtually always yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Not this time.
Speaker 2: I'll do a lot more than that at seven o'clock. You're absolutely right on that one.
Speaker 3: Amy.
Speaker 5: So the Attorney General is talking tough. I like it when Merrick Garland tries to talk tough. But he slammed what he called efforts to turn the Justice Department into a political weapon. He gave us speech to Department staff and US attorneys from across the country yesterday and without mentioning Trump, that was the focus of it. His comments come as Trump has claimed the Justice Department has been weaponized against him amid his criminal prosecutions and suggested that he would politicize the department if he gets re elected. Garland said, there is not one rule for friends and another for foes, one rule for the powerful and another for the power less, one for the rich and another for the poor.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you're rich, you got a better deal because you simply have better attorneys.
Speaker 1: That's always a given. But Garland, one of.
Speaker 2: The tenants of the Department of Justice and the federal government is that the executive the presidency always gives the Department of Justice a tremendous amount of leeway.
Speaker 1: Does not get in the way a lot of independence.
Speaker 2: And what Trump is saying that they have not that Garland in fact, has ordered the Department to go after him, and it's Joe Biden that made that order, and he has weaponized the DOJ. Also during the debate, he said that Joe Biden weaponized the States, New York and Georgia to go after him as if he had the power.
Speaker 1: So Garland very very.
Speaker 2: Upset about it, the accusation that it has been weaponized, and he has said anybody even accuses us of weaponization will immediately be arrested.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, we'll play.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Trump, everybody likes to talk about him. For former President Donald Trump said just yesterday he will not take part in any more debates ahead of twenty twenty four of the twenty twenty four election. He goes on to say that Kamala was a no show for the Fox debate and refused to do NBC and CBS. Kamala should focus on what she should have done during the last almost four year period. There will be no third debate, he puts in there the Biden debate as well, and Harris says that she's she's she's ready to go as long as she can bring her own moderators from ABC, David Mira and Lindsey Davis to help her out again.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you're.
Speaker 4: Actually facing a ton of backlash about it.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 2: And then the argument the sid is all they did was all they did was fact check.
Speaker 1: That's it. That is their defense. That's their defense.
Speaker 3: Yes, but you know what, but it was not balanced. They jumped in for one. And too. There's debate as to whether a botched abortion, if the baby is still breathing, whether they finished the job afterwards, would be a post birth abortion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, first of all, yeah, but he said she believes in that, and she has never said she believes in it ever. Ever, and it is you cannot say that they want or she sidestepped many. I thought she did agree job a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: And they were not.
Speaker 3: They were not looking to correct her in any way.
Speaker 2: She except, however, look at the number of lies that Trump said versus hers.
Speaker 1: Uh, I mean blatantly.
Speaker 3: She said she doesn't want to take away anybody's guns, but she has made it very clear that she wants to take away assault rifles. How can you say the two things she didn't say.
Speaker 1: To take away assault rifles? She says, you can't assault rifles. No.
Speaker 4: What she wanted to make she wanted to bring.
Speaker 1: Back the ban, well, it's a buy ban or just take what what happens? Okay?
Speaker 2: Does has she ever advocated you have assault bands?
Speaker 1: You have assault weapons? All right?
Speaker 2: And she advocates that no one can buy assault weapons anymore?
Speaker 1: There is a band?
Speaker 2: Has she advocated everybody must turn in their assault weapons?
Speaker 3: That's fair?
Speaker 1: I don't think she has. Amy says yes she has. I'd like to know if I'm wrong, Why.
Speaker 4: Do people need assault weapons?
Speaker 1: Well? I thought my question too, Why do people need as.
Speaker 3: An assault weapon? There are legal guns? A mini fourteen? I think it's rugor that makes it is does the exact same thing as an AR fifteen, but it doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Does does the bullet go? Does it go? Does the bullet go as quickly? Is it the same caliber? Exactly? Everything to the next.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do this. We can have a great time with that one. But you know, the cats, you know, they don't eat cats. He corrected that one because that's not you know, we should allow the cats are eaten and dogs are eaten.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let that one fly. What's the other one.
Speaker 2: There were a few others, and that was and by the way, I'm not arguing that it wasn't biased. It was biased, I think, but a lot of it was fact checking. It's the first time I've ever seen fact checking saying, wait a minute, that's not true.
Speaker 4: The point is that they didn't do it on both sides.
Speaker 2: But the point also is, and you're right, but hers one or two his which they could have corrected, and it wasn't nearly as blatant as the crazy stuff that Trump said, I mean saying.
Speaker 3: Stuff and logic. All right, it comes to these things.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go on. It's a buy ban or just take on what happens.
Speaker 2: Okay, does has she ever advocated you have assault bands?
Speaker 1: You have assault weapons?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: And she advocates that no one can buy assault weapons anymore, there is a band. Has she advocated everybody must turn in their assault weapons?
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 1: I don't think she has. Amy says, yes she has. I'd like to know if I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: Why do people need assault weapons?
Speaker 1: Well? I thought my question too, why do people.
Speaker 3: Need an assault weapon? There are legal guns? A Mini fourteen I think it's rugor that makes it is does the exact same thing as an AR fifteen?
Speaker 1: But it doesn't area does does the bullet go? Does it go? Does the bullet go as quickly? Is it the same caliber? Exactly? Everything? Next?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do this. We can have a great time with that one. But you know, the cats, you know, they don't eat cats. He corrected that one, because that's not you know, we should allow the the cats eating and dogs are eaten.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let that one fly. Uh, what's the other one?
Speaker 2: There were a few others and that was and by the way, I'm not arguing that it wasn't biased. It was biased, I think, but a lot of it was fact checking. So first time I've ever seen fact checking saying wait a minute, that's not true.
Speaker 4: The point is that they didn't do it on both sides.
Speaker 2: But the point also is, and you're right, but hers one or two his which he they could have corrected and it wasn't nearly as blatant as the crazy stuff that Trump said, I mean saying.
Speaker 3: Stuff and logic. All right, it comes to these things.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's go on.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I love screaming with you guys and arguing this is my life is wonderful.
Speaker 1: Now, all right, let's take a very late day. It is when that happens.
Speaker 4: You want to talk about being on fire?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we have to talk about fires amy Wait wait what? Okay, Yeah, we just did the story about Trump says he won't participate, and he also said and the reason he won't one of the reasons because he won the debate, and winners don't debate, only losers ask for a rematch, and since he won, that's his statement part of it.
Speaker 1: And the other one was that she did not want to go on Fox. By the way, Yeah, but let me ask you something.
Speaker 2: If you were a Democrat and you were debating, would you do a Fox, a Fox town hall or a Fox.
Speaker 1: Debate in front of an audience. In front of a Fox audience, that is crazy.
Speaker 3: You would go on every other network.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, if I were Trump, I would not go on CNN in front of an audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so so much for that. All right, now let's talk fires, Amy.
Speaker 5: Okay, so quick update on the fires. We've got three big ones burning. The one in the San Bernardino Mountains up around Big Bear Running Springs. That area thirty eight thousand acres, almost twenty one percent surrounded. The one that started in Tribuca Canyon in Orange County and has since moved over into Riverside County is over twenty three thousand acres and still five percent surrounded. And then the big one that's burning in the state is fifty two thousand acres. That's the one that's up near right Wood and Mount Baldy. It's zero percent contained. But they are saying that the cooler weather, higher humidity, lighter wins, that's all helping to stop the fires from spreading more.
Speaker 4: But now they got to try to get lines around them and stop them.
Speaker 5: And the guy who is charged with arson in for starting the San Bernardino fire is justin Halstenberg. He's now facing nine felony charges and he's supposed to be in court today to be rained. And the prosecutors are saying that he tried three times to start a fire. The last one was successful and that fire started near Baseline Road in Highland, and they said they found incendiary devices. The first two attempts unsuccessful. Again, the third one worked and then they found him because automatic license plate readers picked up the same vehicle in all three areas.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was watching a news where one of the fire captains who was doing a press conference said, arson is one of those head scratcher crimes.
Speaker 1: You get nothing out of it.
Speaker 2: You're not stealing money, you're not in a crime of passion. It's just there's no reason, I guess, just because you're a pyromaniac and you like watching buildings burn and people burn up and die and it's just crazy.
Speaker 3: But there's some weird psychology there. There's gotta be yeah there, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So four point seven magnitude earthquake as we know Strutton Malibu area yesterday. We were on the air during that, making it the fourteenth earthquake sequence of magnitude four point zero in southern California this year. That is the most since nineteen eighty eight. It's coming Bill seven, Well, it's seven twenty.
Speaker 2: We have a seismologist that's joining us from the US Geological Survey, and Susan h is her.
Speaker 1: Name, and she's going to explain.
Speaker 2: Why it's important or not important, and does it mean something or does it not mean something. And it's really up in the air because we are looking at earthquakes. I heard Amy that you were still feeling after shocks.
Speaker 4: We just we had one at four fifty six this morning.
Speaker 1: Three quite four felt one yet.
Speaker 4: Well the three point four you might not feel, but Dean Sharp said he felt it.
Speaker 2: And where Dean is out where, I forget where he goes.
Speaker 3: I think he's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's.
Speaker 2: Out west, and that's where it was at Malibu, because I have friends of mine a matter of fact, that people that own Zelman's, Anthony and Lauren, they're in Calabasas and they really.
Speaker 1: Felt it and they said I didn't feel it at all.
Speaker 5: All Right, Well, there has been some shaking in the south Land, and apparently that rattled some people. Because after the four point seven quake that hit at seven twenty eight yesterday near Malibu, there were more than twenty thousand downloads of the my Shake app in just three hours.
Speaker 4: Of course, now the problem is does it really work?
Speaker 5: Because while we were talking about the earthquake yesterday, that's when my Shake app went off, supposed to give you like thirty seconds advance warning.
Speaker 2: I'm going to have a seismologist at seven twenty and Amy jump in and ask that question if you would with her, because that, I think is one hell of a question, because the whole point is to warn you in advance, because it doesn't do you any good as you're flying across the room.
Speaker 1: In a major shaking and.
Speaker 2: All then you're told, guess what you're about to fly across the room.
Speaker 1: You're going it just happened, So we'll talk.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to her. Our name is Susan Huff. Susan Huff.
Speaker 3: Well, what if it was warning Amy about the aftershock?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, maybe that was.
Speaker 3: That's where the confusion comes in.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that's why we're going to talk to the seismologists.
Speaker 3: Okay, Governor gav News Captain Hansome. Just yesterday signed new legislation that would increase penalties for individuals who take damage or destroy property while committing any felony full stop. The interesting thing is is the ACLU came out against this because it disenfranchises black and I hate this term LATINX.
Speaker 5: Maybe it disenfranchises the people who are committing these smash and grab robberies.
Speaker 1: Well it does.
Speaker 2: But still anything anything that separates out black Latin Indigenous people, notwithstanding socioeconomic standards, what they should do is not mention any of that and just talk about socioeconomic levels. However, once you dive into it, it's black, Hispanic Indigenous. So as always, any law, any criminal law that is applied, is going to somehow they're going to are discriminat lying discriminate. How about this one? How about this one? And I you know, I always make fun of being Jewish, as you know, all the financial crime laws that have been passed, they discriminate against Jews because the Jews are always the one that are ones in prison for financial crime. Statistically speaking, okay, now what but.
Speaker 3: Doesn't the acl ACLU doesn't that imply that people are color of color are the ones committing the most crimes.
Speaker 1: Not necessarily.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily, they say, the interesting organization, I mean they back. My favorite ACLU story is if you remember the Neo Nazis marching in Skogee, Illinois.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And this is the community of which they have a huge number of Holocaust rorivors. And this was maybe twenty five years ago and they asked for a permit to march down in Skogie. We're talking about the Neo Nazis, and they were denied the permit. ACLU went to court and argue they should get the permit. It's first Amendment issue. These are for Nazis. So that's what the ACL you do does?
Speaker 1: I hate him.
Speaker 5: A warning from Russia, President Putin says allowing Ukraine to use long long range missiles to strike inside Russia would be seen by Moscow as NATO's direct entry into the war. He said, this will mean that NATO countries, the US and European countries are at war with Russia, and we will make appropriate decisions in response to the threats that will be posed to US.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is about the fourth time out he has said that right if Western arms are used against this, that is the West declaring war.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: If Ukrainian troops come into our country using Western weapons, that is a declaration of war. Okay, fine, If medium range missiles are used against US that were provided by the West, or the extension of the range of missiles which happened, that was a declaration of war. Now is if it allows to use long range missiles by supply by NATO, that's a declaration of war. And by the way, if Russia thinks that NATO has declared war against Russia, what does it do? Does it fight NATO? Does it go to the border of Poland and invade Poland?
Speaker 1: What does it do? What do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, how do you think Russia would do in a fight against NATO Western Group of nations? Very highly trained forces, they do war exercises every year, some of the best, actually the best military.
Speaker 1: That exists on the planet. And they're going to go to war. And Russia is going to go to war with NATO. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: The only thing the only thing Russia can do realistically is drop a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 1: That's it. Use nuclear weapons. That'll do it. That's the war and is putin that crazy Kim Jong un? Isn't that crazy? We think?
Speaker 3: Okay, fingers crossed. New York Police Department Commissioner Edward Kaban has resigned, he said just yesterday in a statement marking the first high profile departure from Mayor Eric adams administration. So if you remember, there was four separate federal investigations going on in his office there at the with the NYP eed rather and so this departure comes, I don't know, just a couple of days after it was first reported investigators with the US Attorney's Office for New York the Southern Different District had seized a bunch of electronics, phones and devices in.
Speaker 2: The like, Yeah, this is this is interesting because there's two kinds of corruption when you're dealing under these circumstances. One straight out corruption, help me, I'll give you a pile of money.
Speaker 1: Here's a bribe.
Speaker 2: The other one involves family members, and that is there's just some hinky stuff going on. This is his brother who was involved in nightclubs and the enforcement or lack of I mean, if anybody is smart, if I were in office, I would do one of two things. Not let a family member have anything to do with the city, or say, my brother is bidding on this and I'm recusing myself and make it as public as you possibly can.
Speaker 1: That's the only way around. So you're gonna find out. I'm convinced there's all kinds of wrongdoing. And he quit. He just said I'm going to be.
Speaker 2: A distraction if he were innocent, If I were innocent, I'd fight this all the way down the line, unless Eric Adams forces me to resign and fires me, which didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, ready to jump back in the game.
Speaker 5: Buy a house hold on Mortgage rates this week have fallen to their lowest point since February of twenty twenty three. The thirty year fixed rate averaged six point two percent, down from a twenty year high of seven point seventy nine percent in October of last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a healthy jump until you realize we used to have three percent money, and this still seems astronomically high.
Speaker 3: We're not going back to that three percent, no, never.
Speaker 5: I think I bought my last house at five and a half percent in thought, Wow, that's a good rate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's about right. Five and a half percent is a decent regular rate.
Speaker 2: But you know, you get twenty years of three percent money and all of a sudden, you that's what you're used to. And the unfortunate part is that that's aberrational. That is. Yeah, you know what you would pay, by the way, during the Civil War or right after the Civil War, when you would mortgage a peace property, you know how much interest you'd pay?
Speaker 1: About five and a half percent.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, yeah, it's about right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that seems it's about right.
Speaker 1: So the three percent is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And the nine percent, I don't know if you were around during Jimmy Carter years that hit seventeen.
Speaker 1: Percent mortgage rates.
Speaker 2: I mean that was insanity, but that was inflation that was truly beyond control.
Speaker 4: I think my parents bought a house when it was that high.
Speaker 2: Just crazy, and then they had to do quote some kind of creative financing. I don't even know what.
Speaker 1: That was, but it was just completely insane.
Speaker 2: You got good prices, though, if you could buy a place for cash, you got a great deal.
Speaker 3: All right, we kind of expected this. An Israeli intelligence commander, a lot of critics were coming after or him, saying that he played a pivotal role in failing to prevent the October seventh attacks. He is residing and he says I did not fulfill the task. I was as I expected of myself, those at my command and commanders expected me, and the citizens of the state that I love so much.
Speaker 2: So what you're not finding in Israel is anybody pointing the fingers and saying it's not my fault, it's that person's fault over there. It wasn't me, it was my underlings, it was everybody is coming to the.
Speaker 1: Table said yep, I failed.
Speaker 2: I failed, including Natanyahu by the way, he said we failed, and he won't resign.
Speaker 1: There's no chance.
Speaker 5: Okay, this pilot gets some kudos because he stopped what could have been a really really now crash. There was pilots on an Alaska air flight Airlines flight in Nashville. We're taking off and a Southwest flight crossed the runway, so they quick thinking slammed on the brakes and averted a crash. And everybody's okay, But wow, how scary it's now.
Speaker 2: How many close calls have we had in recent months. I mean, every day there's another close call and just just waiting for one of those catastrophes that happened. Not so much mid air collisions, but stuff on the runway is just completely crazy.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's because of more flights or the or is there something I think there?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, there are fewer flights than there were because airlines have in fact consolidated their flights into fewer airplanes and fuller airplanes. I you know what, it's just I think there's the air traffic controllers are working too hard.
Speaker 1: There's not enough of them.
Speaker 2: You know. The worst air does master in history were two airplanes on the runway crashing into each other, two fully loaded seven forty sevens.
Speaker 1: That was in tenor Reef off of Spain.
Speaker 2: They crashed at full tilt to seven forty sevens.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine?
Speaker 4: So they were all off at the same time.
Speaker 2: I either they were taking off, they could have been, but they ran into each other almost head on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or at least one was at speed.
Speaker 2: Going to another runway. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but there were. Do you remember that, Amy, I don't remember that one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's because you're not one hundred and fifty years old.
Speaker 3: Okay, what speed are they going before takeoff? Before you?
Speaker 1: One hundred and eighty two hundred miles an hour?
Speaker 3: All right? Southern California teachers under investigation. The allegations here are that he fathered a child with one of his students back in the eighties, and there is the possibility that he had a sexual relationship with another student around the same time. This was an Anaheim and they are looking into this. The authorities are looking into this to see if there is anything that can be I don't think I prosecuted.
Speaker 2: There has to be a statute issue here because this is forty years ago. Now, might there be a lawsuit with the student against the teacher.
Speaker 1: I think that is. I think that statute has rolled up.
Speaker 2: First, there was a period of time where the statute was open and you could sue for any allegation like this at any time. That's we're talking of civilly. But I think that rolled up. There was a time limit on that one too.
Speaker 3: Steve Graves is the name of the teacher who has been identified sixty one and was still working in Anaheim Union High School District.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he was in his early twenty He was in his early twenties.
Speaker 3: I guess he would have had to been if he's one.
Speaker 2: Now and the kids are now in forty in their forties. Yeah, all right, this is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.