Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Welcome, welcome, welcome, And it is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust. It is time now to kind of get into a bit of a fistive mood with the United Way.
Speaker 1: How are we doing today, ladies.
Speaker 2: We've got Katie's on from the Bartletsville regionally United Way and Ally Cunningham from Truity Credit Union.
Speaker 1: No strangers to our studio. We are not together.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 1: This is great.
Speaker 2: Would be Aloha after Dark? Yes, all right, We've got all the all the necessary costuming going on here today too, so uh so tell us a little bit about Aloha after Dark.
Speaker 3: So a lowhafter dark is our brand new fundraiser. We decided to do something a little bit different this year to kind of help raise money for our annual campaign. The officially kicks off in August. We're staying it a little bit early by bringing the tropics to the osh Prairie. So our brand new fundraiser is a little after Dark. It is July twenty sixth the Ocege Casino, so just a couple weeks away.
Speaker 1: Hell, you're all good enough for this, Archie ready to go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 5: I have heard that it's going to be a little bit more casual, so I will probably just be wearing a Hawaiian shirt and some jean shorts.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go, be comfortable while you have fun.
Speaker 3: Where would you want?
Speaker 1: There you go and just to have a ball.
Speaker 2: It's going to raise a lot of money and a lot of awareness.
Speaker 1: What all's going to transpire here? I know we're going to dress up a little bit. Yes, we're going to have some cool music. What else we got going?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we are excited because we will have some great music from DJ Tropics.
Speaker 4: Yes, the only, the one, the only.
Speaker 3: We had to shout him out. That's that's Haley's husband. And we are going to have a silent auction that has almost thirty fantastic items from some amazing local businesses, and then we will have a really cool live auction. It's going to be hosted by Joni Nash and we're gonna play a really fun game called Heads or Tails. So we're gonna have lots of fun activities there. We're gonna have really good food from Osage Casino. We're gonna have a cheeseburger and Paradise Burger bar. Yes, we're gonna have specialty mixed drinks too, So we're, like I said, we're bringing the tropics to the Osage Berry.
Speaker 1: You're hitting me where I live.
Speaker 2: You know that Paradise, the whole tropical theme and good music and everything else like that.
Speaker 1: So Holly, how do you top that?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 4: You don't? Yeah, there's really no better event. It'll be really fun.
Speaker 5: It's new, so that's exciting, and you know you get to get in while it starts. And then also just kind of to cap off the summer. You know, it's spending some time wearing all of your tropical gear and just time together hanging out and really obviously been fitting something amazing.
Speaker 2: And because we're having it there at the new hotel and casino, you can book a room so you don't have to worry.
Speaker 1: You can. You can be festive till the wee hours.
Speaker 3: You can.
Speaker 1: You can if you so desired.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it could be an all night of it if you really want.
Speaker 4: It to be.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know if you had that one too many cheese exactly, I just I just stay here. Yeah, yeah, you go wonderful. This is great.
Speaker 2: Now where does the money go? I know, we go to the United Way. But the United Way covers.
Speaker 1: A lot of ground.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you know that's a big thing too because we are the Bartlesville Regional United Way. So some people they hear United Way and they think, well, my money is just going to you know, the worldwide, it's going overseas. No, all the money stays local. So the Bartosvielle Regional United Way has it been in business over eighty years. We've been helping this community since the start. So we help nowada O Sage in Washington Counties and we help fund over thirty programs from thirteen different partner agencies, some of which include Mary Martha Outreach. I got a mission Boys and Girls Club of Bartlesville, Boys and Girls Cube of No Want To YMCA. So if you're just signing your kids up for after school care all that stuff, that's things that we help fund.
Speaker 2: Wow, unbelievable. So how'd you get involved with this alley?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: I actually I just got kind of signed up.
Speaker 2: Katie R.
Speaker 1: You got that way? Yeah, I have some fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I say hey, I'm here for a party, and then I volunteered my husband.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it worked out great.
Speaker 2: Now, you guys are having a big blast and a great way to cap off summer and to help the United Way with all.
Speaker 1: Of the partner agencies, it goes a long way. There are so.
Speaker 2: Many helping agencies in our community and sometimes you know, funding can just kind of go through the cracks, right, and this is where we find these folks to help them out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, like we say, it's having fun for a good cost.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and there's still more fun to be had.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're kind of leaving that one white over. Wait, there's more.
Speaker 5: We do have a few more tables that were we have opportunities, so if you're.
Speaker 4: Still wanting to jump in, you can totally do that.
Speaker 1: We can't.
Speaker 3: Yes, so we'll be selling tickets until Thursday. So we have two open tables so they're up up for sale.
Speaker 2: And you know something, if you're a business person or somebody who has just a lot of really good clients, they you'd like to maybe show them your appreciation, this is a good way to get that table in.
Speaker 1: Invite them in as your guest.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and then they're having a ball, they're become a little bit more aware of United Way and with all they do, and the next thing you know, you know they're helping out the community as well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I like the way you do this.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of fun. Oh my goodness sakes. So do we have any sponsorships availableft?
Speaker 3: We do, so we can't sell those two tables as sponsorships. Good, Yes, but I do want to shout out our amazing sponsors. We have of them, but our main ones are entertainment sponsors Blue Sky Bio, our print sponsor Bartlesfell print Shop. I have to shout out Sean. He just rolls with all the punches. I could email him with the craziest idea and say, hey, can we do this? And he said, yeah, we could do it. Give me, give me a few days and we'll get it done. So we are big fans of print Shop, the Hawaiian sponsor Jane Phillips Medical Center, and our last Hawaiian sponsor, o sh Casino, Bartlesville.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. That's a bunch. That's a good starter.
Speaker 3: It's a good start. We have so many more, but those are our main sponsors.
Speaker 1: Now, how do we get the tickets? Can we just go on the website?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: Website it is Bartlesville UW dot org. But you can also give us a call nine eight three three six one zero four to four and we will make it super easy for you to buy your tickets.
Speaker 1: All walked into the office, Yeah I have.
Speaker 5: I'm a't had a T shirt thrown at me, but maybe I'll walk in later today and grab a T shirt.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding. If you want wine, they'll toss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, they got mints on the desk.
Speaker 1: My goodness sake. That's just a short walk from where you work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah it is. I take a stroll out in sun.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: She gets her on, she's ready to go for a little after dark.
Speaker 1: Why not? Man, this is going to be great.
Speaker 2: And again it's the twenty sixth it is, and it will be out at the oce Age Casino and Hotel right beyond the airport. They're on sixty just outside of Bartlesvild. It's going to be a great time. What time should we should we arrive?
Speaker 3: So the event starts at six, so we will just get things rolling right as the door's open. So we're excited to have everybody come out.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be a lot of fun. Get your tickets, just go to the website. We're going to have this story at Bartlesville Radio dot com. Here a little bit and we'll give you all the links you need to get all taken care of.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Now, we better wait till the next time you come in. This is the big thing right now. I don't want to get too far out of it here. But you know, Katie's always got.
Speaker 1: Something going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she's always cooking, she's smiling, and she's like four steps ahead of everybody else.
Speaker 1: And that's why she smiles because she knows the secret. Anyway, Hallie and Katie. Great to have you both on board. Anything else you want to share with us before we put a bowl on it?
Speaker 3: No, we just like I said, we got two tables left, So now is the time get your tickets before we close them on Thursday.
Speaker 2: All right, Aloha after Dark with bartlesviilt Regional United Way