Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. It's Thursday. That means it's Pop and Bravo, and I've got my friends here. It's Pat and Ruby from Bad TV, missing Dylan who just had a baby. Ruby, you're a You're an aunt.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: It feels wonderful to be an aunt and wonderful to be here. How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Great? When are you gonna just get to see the little baby.
Speaker 3: I will be going home in about like a week or two, so Pat, I will see you then and I will get to meet little Lucy.
Speaker 1: I have a niece sing Lucy too.
Speaker 3: I hope you like her, and if you don't, don't say anything.
Speaker 1: I like her. She's in her twenties now, so yeah, great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She was also fine as a child, so it's good.
Speaker 2: It's it's gonna be fun having my co as a father now. I think it may change the dynamic we'll see.
Speaker 1: I think it may change his opinions on lots of things. I hope it does, because Dylan can be a little harshly.
Speaker 2: It will soften you, definitely. Fatherhood has softened me, so hopefully has the same effect on him.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited the pictures you guys posted of him with a little I was like, oh my gosh, look at Dylan being like a real dad. It's so cute.
Speaker 3: He is apparently very CC has said his wife has said that he's taking very naturally to it, which is lovely because I, you know, we don't have a lot of New Barton's in our family, so I'm very proud. So I think he's doing really well.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm so glad. Guys. Well, we are here to chat about pop culture and Bravo and what I told you guys. When you're like, let us know the pop culture topics ahead of time, well, Pat said that. Ruby said she didn't care the top The only pop culture topic I have is the Karen re trial of which is like literally on my phone right now on pause. It's on pause because I just put it on and then I just pause it and watch it throughout the day. I usually finish up like eight o'clock at night. But yeah, I know, Ruby, you're watching, like I am got thoughts.
Speaker 3: This is something this like wait, I wake up in the middle of the night to like go pee, and I'm like, oh my god, I cannot believe this is happening. Again, it's taken up so much of my headspace. I knew that cops were cops, sure whatever, good and bad, just like any other profession. Yeah, oh my lord, these people are so unbelievably wild, and this the the trial, with the reenactments, it feels like it's a an SNL spoof. I think she's like a pretty unlikable person. I don't. I don't think she she killed them, or let me say this, if she did, there's so much reasonable about I am not so that their job is done. What do you think?
Speaker 1: I agree? I think that I don't get her to be as unlikable as everybody else does that just because she has a sour puss face. You know, that's just her, that's just her face. And so I think people think, oh, well, she's a bitch because of that. And I think that she was in a group of friends that are like in their forties, just wildly drunk all the time. There's drinking and driving and high fiving in a snowstorm in a bar and just take your glass right out with you, like wow. And it's just that part to me is so crazy. And then the whole this cop, that cop, this cop, this investigator. And then this past week we had the girl get on the stand that was a police officer who testified to the FBI that the guys were in the sally Port with the car for a weirdly long time. She's retracted her statement from the FBI said it was a false memory.
Speaker 3: Huh, it's like the Departed, it's in saane. And then the even the first trial when they showed the people saying that when they were getting questioned by her lawyers and they were like, I can't recall, and they would like play the audio of them having a phone call and they were like, I don't know. We butt dialed each other thirty three times, back and forth. They're like, oh, wild, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so many things much, so much reasonable.
Speaker 2: Emp forgive me if I'm reading this wrong or ruby, are you guys conceding that she still may have quite possibly backed into him that night, But because there's so much reasonable do that you think she'll get off. But in your heart you believe that she may have done it.
Speaker 1: No, in my heart, I don't know if she did it. Something happened and I don't know if she's like you're a dick and sped off, and he was standing there on the driveway and like threw his glass at her and Dulul and like fell over because they were so shit faced and everybody was so shit faced. But I also think very easily he could have gone in the house, had a wicked argument with somebody and came out and fell in the yard, or they dragged it into the yard.
Speaker 2: Can I push back on that theory for a second, because there's an old saying that says a secret can only be kept if two people know the secret and one of them's dead. For in Devil's Advocate. Here, your audience may come at me. I've been a passive kind of viewer. I've watched the documentaries, but I'm of course not in the weeds like you guys are. But there are multiple people at that house, multiple people with spouses or girlfriends or boyfriends. It just feels like they would have all had to stay on the same page for all this time and not and not crack and all be part of it. That's the stumbling block I have. My opinion is there's a word for it, and I should should have thought found it boy. But sometimes the most probable thing that happened is what happened. Yeah, they were clearly arguing that night she was texting that other police officer or investigator or FBI guy, and so they're not on good footing that everyone drunk. She may have backed the car into him. He falls down, He is not you know, he's not lucid, he's you know, he's injured. And then he finds his way to that pile of snow about what was it twenty feet away from the road and uh. And that's that's how I see it happening. And then when she goes home and sleeps, I don't think she meant to kill him. Your audience is probably pulling their hair out, like what no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, I'm following.
Speaker 2: But asking as a passive listener or a viewer of this case, that is kind of what I see, Like, okay, so the dirty cop thing, totally get it? Thin? What is it? The thin blue line? I think by the way, they have in fact created reasonable doubt. You have separate incidents of people destroying communication devices i e. Phones or whatever as you do, bizarre They have not explained away the multiple butt dials in the middle of the night. Yeah, okay, And I do think they explained away the Google search in the morning with the screen being open. I've been no help me with.
Speaker 3: I don't think so who can explain it she was I she doesn't recall nobody. There's no way to explain that. You're referring to Awkham's razor. I think which is the like you're the most likely is whatever. I think that he went in that house, they got into a fight. That dog tried to break the fight up, which is why the dog has now disappeared, and why all the pig stuff was there in the first case. This judge, boy, oh boy, what a wild person to have on this case. Also crazy that they keep the same one. I feel like they should have to Yeah, I agree right at the justice system they should change that. I pad I think you're wrong. I in my heart of hearts, I think it's like a sixty forty. I do not think that she killed him. I think that they were all so fucked up. I could see him going into that house. I agree with you. The likelihood that like eight people keep their mouths shut they inspire together is so so, so so low. The only thing that would increase it to be more than likely would be if half of those were cops and the other half of them were their wives, you know, yep, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, And I don't think it's that many people. I think it's just a couple of people that knew it and the rest are being told this other story and they're like, that's what they said, that happened, that's what happened. I don't think that everybody. I don't think all like eight people know what happened. I think just a couple of them do. I think that they're like, this is what you're telling me would happen. I don't want to know anything else. And I'm going with this thing. But like the Jim McCabe, you know, lied to the FBI, that we get this girl this week that lied to the FBI, I'm like so many people just lying to the FBI and the whole Like I know, I'm being subpoened. In this case. I'm a police officer. So I'm going to go to a military base, tear my phone into three pieces and throw it into four different trash cans because my plan was up. So it's time for me to get a new phone. As you do, as you do, like listen, I got I got one more month on this plan. So I'm going to go to a military base, tear my phone apart but into six dumpsters, and go to Verizon and be like, hey, give me a new phone, Like what good cop?
Speaker 2: Bad cop? Here? I'm going to need a bad cop.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's so that not.
Speaker 2: Be explained away. A lot of people have things on their phones that they don't want to be seen by outsiders, and knowing that now there's an active investigation and someone's going to be looking in your phone and it has nothing to do with the case that they're looking into, but rather searches on the internet. Perhaps some materials that are won't paint you in a good light. Is it possible that he destroyed his phone because there's nude pictures of his girlfriend that he has in another city. I'm just explaining away other possibilities why this person would do.
Speaker 3: It one hundred percent. I mean, Blake Lively just did this like this week because she was like, listen, I don't want my family and missed up being looked into and revealed. And if I go forward with this everything is on the table. Can't risk it. I understand it. Also, though, No, I just think it's too shady, and even if you are trying to hide, like if it was as terrible as like God forbid, like child pornography or something, he's a cop like wipe bit or you get I don't know, I just or like get a be a better, better bad cop too, like get a burner or something. It's just just.
Speaker 2: Ye for both of you. So, Karen Reid, generally, in cases like this, we will go back in their history, their dating history. Have they gone back to Karen Reid's dating history with past boyfriends whatever to see any kind of behavior of aggression.
Speaker 1: No, So that means there's not any Yeah, yeah, or they would have brought that up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, as I watch it every day and I'm just like wow, Like you know when they brought up the DNA a couple of days ago, and they were like, immediate, we're going to call for a mistrial with prejudice because the DNA has not been intered into evidence and they just entered.
Speaker 2: It in and you're referring to the dog DNA.
Speaker 1: Yes, they brought in the dog DNA, but it hadn't been turned into evidence, which means they're not allowed to bring it up. But then the prosecution brought it up across on the defense witness and they were like, immediate mistrial, immediate mistrial, but mistrial with prejudice, which means it can't be tried again because, like Emily D. Baker said, she goes, they don't want a mistrial because then they got to do it a fucking third time. Well, actually, no, you don't just be like there's so much reasonable doubt here that eh. But listen, my fear is is that she is going to get convicted and then it's just going to be on appeals for the next twenty years and then she'll get out and then the you know, say, the masters just will have to pay her like forty million dollars. I mean, just like the guy died is terrible. It was a drunken accident, no matter what. Did somebody hit him because they were drunk. Did he get mad and slip in the snow and throw his drink at the car because he is drunk. Did she back her car and also there's not any way that other witness came on and said that the car went twenty four miles per hour backwards for eighty seven feet.
Speaker 2: Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Eighty seven feet would have literally hit the house you behind them. Like, so they're like, okay, probably because the time stamp was off, that was when they backed it up to go in the truck. Oh no, no, no, no, this was when this was you know, that night. And they're like, oh, seems like it was the wrong day. I mean, it's like it's crazy, it's crazy. There's so reasonable doubt.
Speaker 2: I have a I think there's plenty of reasonable doubt. I mean, the second cops process evidence improperly, the second there's again's like destroying devices. Yeah, like that, that's your reasonable doubt. The question is does she get found not guilty. Here's my theory on this. I think it's going to be another hung jury. And I think this is where the prosecution and defense are going to sit down in a room and they're going to work something out. And you know, and I feel bad for people that aren't guilty that get pushed into these corners where look where the government, where the state. We have endless resources to retry you over and over until we get our final result. And you know, as popular as she is, and I understand she you know, her lawyers are working on contingency or whatever. But not contingently, but there they at some point can break you to the point where you'll go, I'll do involuntary manslaughter and you know, six months in jail and then she you know, and then she can come out and have her life and then she'll always have her you know, believers or whatnot. I think that is the more likely outcome.
Speaker 3: I hope that, Yeah, I really hope not, because I do not think that's what she deserves. I do think, pathough, that in a town that small, a jury of like what twelve people, that it's not even that you're scared necessarily that they're going to kill you or anything. But it's like your kid doesn't get on Little League teams anymore.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: I think it's you know, it's that type of community stuff that makes people scared, you know, to convict or knocking victor, you know, And that's the reason I think you might be right about the hung jury. But I just hope, I don't know, just leave her alone. Like what if we just put this to bed, say it was a horrible accident, absolute tragedy. Stop drinking and driving, you nutjobs, and let's just go to sleep and not do this again.
Speaker 2: Now, Ruby I'm going to push back against you on that and feel free to be the judge.
Speaker 3: MP.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, the roles were reversed, and it was him in that car and it was her out in the snow bleeding, and we don't know everything is exactly the same. She was the cop, he was just the boyfriend that was an instructor in a college. Do we just say, hey, let her off? I mean, that's not how the system works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's the same if it's if it's a man that hit a if he may bumped her or didn't, or she went in the house and had a fight with the lady and came out and the fell in the snow, like, you still can't prove the person driving the car hit the other person the end, and they have all these people coming on going yeah, it's not consistent with an accident. It's not consistent that the car even had an accident. There's no collision noted in the car. The wounds aren't consistent with being hit. It's like, the whole point we're trying here is that she hit him with her car and killed him. But they can't even prove that he was killed by a car, right.
Speaker 2: Now you know is absolutely here. Whether or not twelve people agree on that is the I guess is the question. Yeah, you know, a quick story. I don't even know why I'm bringing this up, but I'm from Massachusetts and they are pretty lenient in the justice system. I have a kid I went to high school with that was a good friend. We split apart because he did some questionable stuff in high school, like I just didn't want to be part of it anymore. Twenty years later, I get a call from one of our mutual friends and he'd stabbed stabbed his girlfriend to death in the shower, walked out on the sidewalk. Police The police were coming because neighbors heard it. He basically just said.
Speaker 3: I killed her wool Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So we're all kind of talking about it. He does nine years for that brutal killing. He reaches out to me on Facebook to be my friend and h block block and he did it to multiple people because we and we knew the girl too. And I'm sorry for bringing this up. I was kind of just initially when I had thought I might bring this up, it was kind of to do with the justice system in Massachusetts and them being very lenient which I would have connected to even if she did kill the guy. It's I think it's unlikely that she'd serve even more than two years. But anyway, just.
Speaker 3: And to be a little bit more morbid, that's absolutely horrible. Pat, I'm going to breeze right over it. I don't think that she will make it out of jail if she goes to jail, because she's a quote unquote like cop killer, you know, so I don't know that she comes out, which is another reason why I'm like, whoa, if she didn't do this, she really shouldn't be in there.
Speaker 2: You know. Well, here's this.
Speaker 1: It seems like the people in jail would like a cop killer. Would the big guards not kill her? Do guards like cops or do guards hate cops?
Speaker 2: Are guards? I think they all get along. They all just want their pension and retire at forty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's another people people keep thinking that Brian Higgins will be the one. If anybody's going to flip in this case, if they're all you know, colluding, then it would be Brian Higgins because he's the he's closest to getting his pension, and like former trooper Michael Proctor, you know, let me let me tell you this. This is interesting. Okay. So last week I had on Christine and Stacey. They are from Keenan Lake and give you deja vu. They were this child stars of Step by Step. Okay, and Stacy is Stacy Keenan is a LA prosecutor. Now okay. She I was asking her about this and she said, as a prosecutor herself, if her lead investigator got kicked off the police force for this case, she would never try it again. She goes, the lead investigator is gone. We don't have the lead investigator. And he didn't get kicked off because the child porn or he beat his wife. He got kicked off because his behavior on this case.
Speaker 2: And referring to and I sure I assume your audience knows this case backwards and forwards. That lead detective was texting disgusting things to his co workers about are their naked pictures of Karen Reid his high.
Speaker 1: School friends, high school friend not as co workers, high school friends. They showed the group text of like thirty people. It's sort of like on the Valley, the thirty guys, and they're all from high school and they've all got nicknames. Look that's Chip, that's Whitey, that's so and so, and they're all texting, and he's in this group text with thirty high school friends, not cops, discussing the case.
Speaker 2: Get this, My wife lived her boyfriend before me was a cop. She told me the things that they would share photos. So you go to a traffic accident, someone's dead, they take a picture of it and they send it coworkers another one. You know. I try and find a balance because, as Ruby pointed out the top of the show, every huge system has good and bad people. So I'm not saying this to paint them in a bad light. But her boyfriend told her that definitely, if they got out of a car that they've been chasing and the person had punched a cop or something, they would go under a tree and beat the living s out of that guy, you know, where the helicopters can't see. You know that stuff happens.
Speaker 3: Oh oh oh, I'm sure so.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I'm so like insecure about your audience. Hey, to me, look, do you want to hear three people all agreeing on the same facts of a case, or do you want at least an outside opinion of what others may be thinking. I want to say this. We all follow true crime and if you watch enough date lines, the jurors these days, they really needed to be like wrapped up in a box for them to make a decision, either guilty or not guilty. They actually, you know, in order to find Karen Read completely guilty, they would have need to have seen video footage from one of the houses of her running that guy over. Yeah, but anyway.
Speaker 1: There's not any because just strangely, all the ring cameras were all that that is was deleted. It's weird, so weird, it's so weird. It's just all the cops on that street, just all their ring video just it's all gone. I posted a great video of myself yesterday from my ring camera. Anybody wants to see me chasing after my dogs. They were nicely sitting on the front, you know, the front sidewalk, just nicely, and we were just enjoying the seventy degree weather, just sitting outside, no humidity, lovely. I was listening to a podcast. They were just they like to just go outside and stare. So we're just staring. And we live at the top of a hill on a cul de sac. So nobody never had a trick or treator ever. Nobody comes up except for yesterday, a couple walking their dog nicely decided for some reason to come up a hill to a cul de sack to walk their dog. And when they did, they got my two mini golden doodles seventeen and twenty two pounds respectively, just went full fucking kujo. They ran up my walk into the street. I was like, oh God. Now I'm sitting there like in birkenstocks and like pajama bottoms, probably in this same shirt. I'm trying to like run without breaking my neck. I was like, oh God, and you could just hear me screaming, going I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Sorry aging everyone.
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody's fine. The lady, literally I think the husband grabbed their dog, which was like kind of a large looking beagle. I don't know what kind of dog. It was not a big dog, and then she grabbed my dog's too, leasism, which just had them to the side like this and my dog's like like by the way. All they wanted to do was like say hi, of course, and they wanted to say hi to the people. They don't give a shit about other dogs. They want the people to love them.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was so embarrassed. I was like, you sit down, you bad girls. And they're just like they're like, well, we're city, where's our trees. I was like, fuck off, no treats for you, get back in the house. I was like, as I'm walking up, you could hear it on the ring.
Speaker 2: Care go.
Speaker 1: You ruined it. You ruined it for everybody. We were out here trying to have a nice night. You ruined it. No more outside for you. Let's go.
Speaker 3: And they're just like a shamed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm waiting for my daughter to see I sent the video like in our family group chatmay I'm ready for her to just read me for filth, like you should have never not had hold of their leashes. But I was like, they're just sitting there. They're just like to look. They liked every so often they might bark at a bird, but that's it. But no, no more, no more fun for them. They're ruined it for everybody. So ring cameras, it's it's easy to find it. It just found it on my phone, downloaded it, send it to my family. It took like four seconds. So everybody else.
Speaker 2: Not like everybody in that neighborhood.
Speaker 1: No, everybody neighborhead said, Nope, we wipe it every morning clean. Also when dogs they just disappear in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: No, has that not been explained at all? Nope, he can't track that dog down.
Speaker 1: The dog left that night. The dog left that night, that night. They never saw the dog again after that night, which she went in the next morning to wake up her sister to be like, hey, there's a dead cop on your lawn, which, by the way, they never noticed. Dog's not there. Front door wide open. Dog is gone.
Speaker 2: Look, there's more reasonable doubt than the Colombian cartel colluded with. I'll tell you that right now.
Speaker 1: So, oh my god. So before we got on here, I went to send Pat a text because I had the wrong link whatever whatever. So I went to send Pat a text. Pat. The last text on our group just me and you, not a group me and you, was you telling me the story about when you worked at a recording studio and saw snoop dogg engaged in acts with young ladies like on a conference table, a pool table, oh, pool table, Okay's he'd switched over.
Speaker 2: To no Limit records at that time because there was a lot of problems with death Row. They weren't paying bills, so we switched labels, so under a new label. Yeah, he was in the studio making a record for them, and yeah, I look working in that studio, which ended up being almost completely I wanted to be in the rock business. I wanted to like take part of being in a recording serial where like great albums like led Zeppelig Records. Yeah, and the studio because of the type of soundboard they had, it attracted hip hop because that worked for that type of soundscape that they were creating. So we had two recording studios in the building and it just essentially when I first got there, it was death Row Records. They would buy the place out for a month and it would just turn into recording slash party spot and I was I started as a food runner, so basically my job was just to be a gopher for the artists and the talent. And yeah, I saw crazy, crazy stuff, all the characters. P Diddy.
Speaker 1: No, I think I originally asked you about Diddy and You're like, no, but I do have a Snoop Dogg story.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, No, I just you know, because he's I don't know if you watched that reality show. Oh you know, can I get can Snoop Doggs sue me for saying things that do I have to say allegedly before everything?
Speaker 1: I think you should say allegedly, but you could say this is what I saw with my own eyes, but allegedly this is what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are there there. I mean, look, there were rock stars, rap stars whatever, and so rap stars have a bunch of girls come back from the club and party. And I used to be like, I can't believe they're paying. I mean, this is twenty somewhdd years ago, twenty five hundred dollars a night for this studio, and it would essentially just be a hangout, like there was no recording actually being done. But very early on and I got to talk to Suge Night because he called to talk to Snoop and I'd patch him into the studio, and I remember it was his secretary goes Shug for Snoop, and I go, oh, hold on, and I put him on hold. Switch over to the room, and I could hear sug Knight breathing because he's such a big, menacing guy, and I'm like, oh my god. And so they had a sound engineer, this white dude, and which was odd because he was the only white person allowed in that circle. And when we'd have lunch or whatever, would be the middle of the night, he'd starts telling stories about how like Sug allegedly he like would be at a party in Sugar would order two guys to get choked out and strangled to death and then make them disappear. And he was telling me stor.
Speaker 3: Years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Sugar's in jail, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, everyone else. By the way, what's he jail for.
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: He suld during the filming or there was an event for boys in the hood for the film. Showed up there and there were some guys outside and there was a squabble. Sug Knight attempts to drive off and actually runs over a guy and kills him.
Speaker 1: I love it that he just called it a squabble. These two gentlemen had a squabble in the street. One slept the other with a glove, and then somebody died. Yes, oh, Patrick, you know that's listen. That's fascinating, it's fascinating.
Speaker 2: Allegedly, it was an entertaining time. I mean, I remember when Snoop Dogg I was such a square. That's an old timey phrase for saying I was lame dog. Basically at the height of his career. He's smoking a joint in the middle of our kitchen. I walked by him and he handed it to me, and I said, no, I'm.
Speaker 1: God that you missed an opportunity. I did smoke you, a Snoop.
Speaker 2: But I have to tell you, when P Diddy first started coming to that studio, I was so impressed with him because like he was, you know, obviously older than me, but I looked at him as almost like, Wow, if he's that young, he can do all this. Yeah, he's extremely polite and gracious. Wow. And but oh my god, he was the first like rock star like seeing it how you'd think it would be because everybody else, like rock stars would walk in the studio all the time, and it was like it wasn't a big deal. Like they didn't have like a rider, like you'd hear all these things. Yeah, Oop Dog would come to the studio. There was a personal chef there, there were bodyguards, there were you know, they brought their animals, Like it was crazy.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Yeah, I would like to hear other rock stars that came to that studio.
Speaker 2: Let's see, I'm trying to think of some fun Okay, Oh boy, this is okay. Stacey Ferguson Furglicious. She was in a group called God. They were recording their album Well that's she joined them after Wild Orchid Okay, and she was a wild child Ferglish Stacy Ferguson.
Speaker 1: I do believe she's admitted to a meth problem that.
Speaker 2: Was that was evident during that time period. Because she does a video and if like your audience, she did that song Glamorous. Yeah, in the video she drives a white Mustang in that music video, okay, and it's like she's reminiscing about the past. I used to walk into the studio like at nine in the morning, and I'd walk past that white Mustang and it would have a new like dent in the side of it.
Speaker 3: Oh, was she just wid Was she actually wild and crazy inside? Or did you just see very.
Speaker 2: Very disciplined inside? But uh, but a wild child she was. She was having fun with her her fame.
Speaker 1: She was just knock going to be people over, like Karon Reid that's right, that's right. No, that's terrible. Okay, let's talk about what you guys are watching and what you're covering over there, Like I know that you you know, you're covering always, you're covering all the Blowdeck situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the blow Deck is our number one show.
Speaker 1: A blow decks. You've got another Blowdeck podcast. And then also you talk about Summerhouse, you know, I just I know it's a detriment against me, but I don't watch Summerhouse.
Speaker 2: I totally get it. I would probably just passively watch it if we weren't covering it and had listeners that really wanted us to cover it. I mean, it's Seinfeld was always dubbed a show about nothing. Summer House is really a show about nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, But like, do you think in your forties you're still in a sharehouse?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? No, No, we don't. And more concerning than that is that there are people in their forties in said sharehouse that want to do things like put their life savings into a New York City brick and mortar sober bar with no alcohol and also become and that this is not a joke, by the way, a DJ and.
Speaker 1: So wait, same person wants to do both things. Thank god?
Speaker 3: No different, Okay, okay, okay, but is it better that there are two people that are in their forties that want it? No, No, it's not these people. I would say the best part about Summer House is what it gives you in the universe of though, like the tentacles that it touches. Because these people are just wack of do and make such poor life decisions and date such bad people that watching them in the real world and then getting to sort of see them on the show is kind of the best part. But I agree with that it's really not. It's not worth an active watch, I would say, especially not this last season.
Speaker 2: Good. Yeah, and it's it's you kind of see a pivot with Bravo And let me know if you guys disagree with this where they are trying to do outreach to younger right, So, I mean, if you go to Bravo con, it's the average age is forty five and a half. There, I mean, you've been there, right, Empy.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Clearly have a very loyal audience, but you know, you need to always bring in younger, newer viewers to look at your content. So clearly the next gen NYC is a play on that with Summerhouse. How I'm bringing this home is they try and bring in like people in their early twenties to hang out with these people in their early forties, and it is right.
Speaker 1: It's like when they brought Gina on to Real Housewives, OHC and Vicky Gumfelson. It's like, what, I'm sixty years old, this girl's like thirty. Like what do I have in coming with her? Kid's my grand kids. It's like, ohka, and you're like great point, like you know, like I am a lady of a certain agent. I'm not hanging out with Looks, my daughter is here right now with two of her friends.
Speaker 2: They're twenty two.
Speaker 1: I don't want anything to do with that. No, I'm too old.
Speaker 2: No, I was partying at My wife and I were partying right until I hit forty and something happened after that, Like yeah, yeah, there's no stand up till two in the morning. Yeah anymore. Especially but somewhere else has kind of boxed himself in because a number of cast members are now getting to that point where they need to make a decision if they're going to have children or not right, And that's kind of like does the show really work? I mean, are they going to Summerhouse getting blasted and bringing their kids every weekend?
Speaker 1: Right? It was just say was like vander Pump into the Valley. You know, you do have to sort of recast into what Summerhouse should have been doing. I'm speaking from a person who's never watched a full episode. What they should have been doing is bringing in the youngers and then phasing out the olders, you know, to kind of roll it over. It should be like Menudo. They should bring in a new past every four years, you know, just like bringing the younger people just out with the old and like they tried to do with New York, it didn't work all right. Speaking in Next Gen NYC, I told you guys to watch it, and then I didn't watch it. I watched the first ten minutes. I watched the first ten minutes like six times because I had it on. Then I would like go in the bathroom and brush my teeth and I'd come back out and I missed something. Okay, So all I saw was Arianna who goes who of course is Kim Zolziak's o atter who I saw her say, my mom is Kim zolziak Berman. Are we saying Bierman this week? I don't know my dad's an NFL player. I had to get the fuck out of there. They're getting a divorced for four years, they hate each other, they call the cops, and yet they're together basically. And she's walking around New York City with a couple of which I'm like, oh, that'll be fun for your roommates if you walk in with two dogs. And then I saw Brooks Marks, Like, my mom is married with Marks and I'm in the Marx family and that's a whole time job. And my mom I want to be on a cover of a magazine without her. That's all I saw. So see these other people? Patrick, you watched the whole thing? Give us the breakdown.
Speaker 2: I did, Okay, So first episode is amazing and there is a lot going on now the person. It is odd to see people in their early to mid twenties kind of just doing their thing, because I'm like, I feel like old creepy person. There is an essence of nostalgia because at some point I was in my early twenties moved out to Los Angeles and it wasn't that dissimilar from these same things that these young people are talking about. You know, they're all aspiring to kind of step out and make their own way. And it's I'll say this, it's an interesting cast. They're not all children of reality people. I can say that one of the girls is Damon Dash's daughter. She's a model, really pretty. And then Ariana is Kroy's daughter, right, Croy and Kim's daughter. Yeah, okay, so she's the one that really lays it out in this first episode. At some point she points out that her uh, what are these what was the Cardi b thing?
Speaker 1: These bloody shoes, red bottoms?
Speaker 2: Yes, her red bottoms aren't red anymore because they're tattered because she hasn't been able to buy new shoes in a while.
Speaker 1: Oh, because of her mom gambling by all the money stole her money. Wow, the mom stole her money.
Speaker 2: Stole her money. And not only that, she is currently sending her mother money to keep her mother's head above water.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: When she said that on TV, I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe it. And then there's okay, so there's another character on there. I wrote this down. What is his name? Charlie. Okay, Charlie, I forget how they fit him into this brew, but he is a crypto trader by day. He's basically a trust fund kid. His parents give him money and then he trades with it. He is going to be, like I don't know if you've seen him in the previews or if you if you know who I'm referring to, he is going to be, I think the villain. There's if you cast like a sketchy guy in a movie or a twenty year old, and he'd be that person. And then they heard from another podcast that quite possibly he had been involved in some kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I believe me, and I are like, yes he was. He lives in the apartment where those two crypto bros like kidnapped and torture the other crypto bro and then threw him out on the street. That guy Charlie lives with those guys, right Ruby.
Speaker 3: He is like frequently there. He would go there all the time. He would like party there.
Speaker 1: This is his house. I think I think he lives there.
Speaker 3: I think I don't know if he lives there in one of the adjacent ones or so. I genuinely don't know, But everybody. He's quite involved. I believe he will be succeeded. And yeah, yeah, not the best company. I don't think. They all just are a bunch of like rich kids. And the best part about this too is, and this is my favorite, these guys kidnapped this Italian kid, kept him for however long, tortured him, did all this stuff they were so bad at doing that he never gave up the password, and then he escaped. So it's unbelievable. I love it so much, and I hope that these kids go to jail for forever. And it's incredible, and I.
Speaker 1: Hope they get tortured in prison like whatever they did. So they were guy Okay, Charlie.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what I was going to say about the first episode is you can see the money on the screen, like Bravo put their heart into this, Like there are so many things going on, like you know, these two are going on a date, these people are doing a fashion show. The first episode is always the easiest as a long time observer reality TV because it's part of the pilot. It was what sold the show. Yeah, okay, I'm always going to have the most gloss over it. So I will say this. The jury is still out whether or not this is something that becomes part of my regular viewing, like because once these young people have to start interacting with each other and do their job, which is essentially create storylines for us, that's gonna be like we'll see if that if they can pull that off.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I can't wait. I did record it so that I could watch it today, even though I told you guys to watch it, and then I didn't. Four pats, like I stayed up all night watching this shit. You didn't even watch it.
Speaker 2: I actually enjoyed it once it started getting going okay.
Speaker 1: And then also was Candy's daughter on roe Ley.
Speaker 2: She has a crazy scene at the end where there I cannot think of this girl's if. Her name's Georgia. I don't know where she comes from, but she's kind of like a nerdy girl, but she is like a party or an event coordinator. She she did the Who's the I can't stand her because she's famous for stealing money? Who is that one? They've made like eighteen shows about that stole money and then spent it. It took a wild trip, and they've made a movie. She wears an ankle bracelet on.
Speaker 1: Doing on a delby.
Speaker 2: Okay, she was the one put in charge to throw and Anna Delviy just got out of jail party, which was a huge like like she put on that party anyway, for whatever reason, she sees Arianna's shoes at the club and sees how tattered they are and she rubs her bottom of her shoe with her hand. The rest of the cast are completely disgusted and now they've made her the weirdo. So when she buy to Candy Merss's daughter, who is Riley Riley, she Riley refuses to shake her hand because.
Speaker 1: She's got disgusting New York City schmuggle on her. Aid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, and so that's how the episode ends. But fun episode.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a lot of people on this show. You just named a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's It feels like there was at least eight. I will say this, and my wife pointed this out. I think there's only one straight mail. But you know, it's grabbing a little slice of New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want the drama of you know, some.
Speaker 2: Hookups and stuff. But yeah, it's a really fun cast.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Patrick recremmends it Now.
Speaker 3: Can I just ask Pat, do you think it has legs? Like, do you think that these people, like this cast specifically has enough in a seat in them for a whole season?
Speaker 2: Well, they did something smart, and MP just pointed out they loaded the show with cast members. You know, I don't like small casts. I don't like five. I mean the genius of Matt Sharp and Love after lock Up and and god I used to reak out is multiple cast members on a single episode just bounce around, bounce around, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I will be watching it. Yeah, but the only thing so far that I've seen is Arianna Berman with her dogs, the Brooks Marks photo shoots, and the Charlie showing up and Meredith Marx is in a blonde wig and tries to pretend that she's someone else and then he's like, I know who you are and that this is just like very weird and uncomfortable. So I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Spiritis on pills. What's going on.
Speaker 3: With leand pills? She is I would like to do whatever she's doing.
Speaker 1: She is real, real zone all the time, real, it's real chill. Okay, let's talk about Love Hotel. Are you guys loving Love Hotel?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Me too.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the show I passively I watch, But for me, it's more like it falls. Remember when the Kardashians were on E and they just run the episodes all day long on a Saturday and you do your house. Yeah, this show is that for me, because it doesn't really have steaks, and there is no way any of these high profile women are leaving this place for a real relationship with any of these people. I personally, if I was a producer, I'm always trying to fix shows. I would have welcomed and cast males from the Bravo universe from the past twenty years. You got some of those handsome top chef guys. Every woman loves a guy who can cook. Bring them on here, because I feel like that could have mixed it up a little bit more in a real way.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea. That's a good idea. It's sort of like with ninety day Hunt for Love, where they've got some ninety day people and then some singles, And at first I was like, I don't like that. I don't want to meet new people, but I'm enjoying it because the first that first episode, we get a girl saying, oh my god, I love to loom. It's the first place I had anal.
Speaker 3: And we need those people because yeah, we aren't really excited to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, we're like, I don't need to see Rob making out with somebody again. So Shannon, okay, So Shannon, of course, you know, always a train wreck that we can't look away from. She of course immediately picked the ugliest, grossest guy, and she said Earl gives her comfort. Now she's picked him over and over, and this last episode she got upset because they were on a boat, which really lew Aanne. I know she must have said we got the yacht forty six times and they cut it out because they're like, it's over saying it. These people don't know what it means. But Earl was dancing shirtless with a shirt open on the boat and he's, you know, a pacy Midwestern guy and it wasn't cute, and Shannon was disgusted.
Speaker 2: That scene should have been like you know how the Geico commercials like mock old people doing it. Should have just like had that guy come out and go Earl, no, yeah, sure it back off.
Speaker 1: No, it's not cute. Nobody else is doing it. Some of these much hobby guys are not doing it.
Speaker 3: No. The best part about that, too is I'm pretty sure that Shannon's father is although wealthy, he is like an older, wildly inappropriate male who says.
Speaker 1: It's like Aviva's dade, Aviva's dad.
Speaker 3: He's like gross, yeah, yeah, Like I say, like, your tits look great today, MP pretty high in perfect You're like, oh my god. And because he's ninety nine, they.
Speaker 1: Would be like, what, thank you, I'm so old. My hands said that's to be in years.
Speaker 3: And you know what they do, Okay, and that's beside the point. But yeah, Shannon was going to cry and throw up at the same time. But I think, can I say something that I feel bad about? I want her to be with someone like that because I don't think that the other men will ever want to be with her. And I think that she's got to understand that, like, in order to achieve happiness, you need to go with the ones who are nice to you and not the ones who you are like, you feel like you caught and you want something, Shannon, you know, we're no. You know that's good Ruby.
Speaker 1: That's that's a great point about Shannon Earl is just her speed. Now he lives on like a lake in Minnesota or something, and she's like, I'm a la girl. But unfortunately she didn't snag Philip right away, who lives in bel Air and apparently has like a couple of rolls voice. So she didn't snag Philip.
Speaker 2: Now what was the guy who kind of looks like Obama a little bit right?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a real estate developer? Really now okay, yes.
Speaker 3: Sirry until he said, what did you say like about I think he's the one who's never been married, And Giselle was like, so do you want to be married? And he was like, you know, I think at this point in my life like if it happens for me, it and I was just like you can say no, like you're allowed to say like you kid, and you just want to be rich and that's all, Like that's fine, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's fine too, and any of them could all be like, yeah, I mean, lu Anne, So lu Ayne. This new man entered the villa last week and he was a sixty five year old. Sixty five year old man, he's the oldest man we've seen who just said he literally just wants to travel the world. And when I tell you, lu Ane was like, who's James, Who's Mark? Who's everybody? I don't care. This guy sixty five, he's on his last leg. He wants to travel the world. This is my man, my man, my man.
Speaker 3: And she's right and she's smart. I think leu Ane, Okay, leu Anne needs to sit Shanon down and say, listen, we've gone after the ones that we think are the hot commodities to show the other people that we got them. John Jansen, Tom Oh I love to Oh my god, And can I just say I rewatched that season like two weeks ago. Oh my it's It's iconic, Bethany coming in and saying to her in tears, I have to tell you something and saying She's like I need alcohol.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: She's like Tom is making out with a girl at the bar, and Lawan's like, I love Tom. There's no way, and she's like, I literally am staring at him two feet away. Tom loves me. I love Tom?
Speaker 1: Do do do do? Do so bad?
Speaker 3: She's like, you know that.
Speaker 1: Right after that, within months of that, Ingrid and I went to the Regency, and not only in that, sitting at the Regency. Did we see and talk to Taylor Hawkins rip of the Food Fighters.
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: We also saw Michael Cohen walking through the lobby, and we fucking saw Tom at the bar with the girl. And all of this was in the middle of the day, the middle of the day that happened. Listen, we have also Engler has gotten felt up Hong Kong by Harry Duban at the Regency. We went back that night because we're like, what the fuck else could happen? We got to go back. We went to a play and we went back. Met Harry Dubin at the bar, pretended like we didn't know him, and that really set him off. Yes, he said he used to be on a show. We're like, what show, Well, we don't really watch. We don't really we don't really watch Bravos, So why don't you tell us?
Speaker 2: Tell us?
Speaker 1: And he told us all about it, and he goes, I was married to Aviva and you know, people don't know this, but I also dated Kelly Bensimone. I was like, oh, is she the one with the brown hair? Like we acted like we had no clue because I can pall Sonia right now. She lives around the corner was like, please fucking don't, We're so scared. And then he told Ingrid she had a great rack and did a little reach around on her boobe.
Speaker 3: Harry, Okay, yeah, nothing, that's incredible. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yes, And one day thinking of Sonya Morgan, how did she not make it on this show?
Speaker 1: I think Sonya has a liability at this point, I think, and until she she's literally getting pulled out in the ambulances of every restaurant in New York City, she she she can't be trusted to keep it together.
Speaker 3: I think she can't be trusted if they're at an international location that they can't just like send her home from. It's genuinely not worth it to subject other people to her behavior, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, I mean I think she could promise not to drink. I mean, you know, Shannon and Luyne are both you know, have had terrible run ins with the law, and they're less of a liability than Sonia.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, yeah, Karen, I mean, okay, is Shannon. Yeah, Shannon's drinking just like very openly. She shows them all the bloody picture and then she's like, it was the worst end of my life and if please.
Speaker 1: Look at this terrible picture of me. Doesn't everybody here want to bang me? Let me show you this picture of when I hit a house with my car and my bloody face don't in the car. He wants to have sex with me. Never forget about Archie. So also, I think another thing about leu Aenne that's funny about this show is Mark, the New.
Speaker 2: York Guy returns.
Speaker 1: Mark returned in a real Aladdin looking outfit, like I don't know what that was about. But she's like, well, I mean, Marcus, he's returned for me. He's returned for me. We see a scene from next week where he's like telling Ashley, actually, I came for you, yes, which's gonna be real blow to Louisneau. Luyne's got the sixty five year old world traveler, she's got Mark, whose she think is really into her, and she's got her stalker, James, who was.
Speaker 2: The guy was his name David that was apparently into Luanne, But since Cynthia Bailey showed up, like he starts holding her hand. James, that's James, Okay, James is an idiot.
Speaker 1: James is like, I do consider her my girlfriend, and all of them are like, well.
Speaker 3: You need to go for a walk, and you need to go away from here for the day and then come back when you're collected your thoughts because this is wild. He was so weird and also the Leuwin kind of like freaking out, being like stop it now, you're being no. Now, I'm no no. I was like, whoa. Okay, Okay, here's the scoop.
Speaker 1: So Kate, our friend k Casey told me, so, this guy James is from the OC. Her intel from the OC is this guy is a complete loser with no job. Oh that's why. That's why he's an entrepreneur.
Speaker 2: Okay, be careful. So the chirons are the labels. Generally they'll use it as chiron for what these people And this is just in general any reality TV show. Whenever you see entrepreneur, be very suspect. That is a very wide spectrum of what that consultant. Yes, that's exsultant. Also, think about this if you were and I know these men are of a certain age and maybe they have a certain place and you know, financially and they can do this. How many people can leave their job or business for six weeks to film a reality TV show?
Speaker 3: Right when you are that which we have to keep in mind, like, if you're doing it and you're in your twenties, you're going to come back, even if you've been there for a day or for the entire time, you're going to be making tens of thousands of dollars for Instagram posts. You guys are not doing that. Earl is not making any money on Instagram.
Speaker 1: So yes, Earl, he doesn't even have Instagram.
Speaker 3: I'm man, I hope he doesn't. Let's say that unless you are the bel Air guy, who I do believe has real money. He's just developed a bunch of stuff properties. He has his cars, he has his properties. He likes nice wine. I don't know that a lot of these other people have. Like I think people might be stressed about still having to pay for the last three years of college for their kids. And I don't know that any of these women are going to be okay with that, least of all Shannon.
Speaker 1: I do know that Mark who came back is legit because I had Megan Weaver on several weeks ago and the show had just started and we were talking about it, and she said, well, Mark, I recognized when he came on the screen. I go, how I was like, he looks like the Marlboro Man or something like, he's very good looking. I mean maybe a little my son he has. Yes, he's a little sunburned. For me, he's a little but she said she Meghan recognized because Meghan is an interior designer. She's followed him for years because of his real estate development in New York City. She's like, no, he's a legit, you know, building designer in New York City. So she knew who he was from that.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So actually, Luayne, but you know, the sixty five year old guy also said this week that he really likes that he doesn't have to be in the same city with his girl all the time, Like he has these three houses they bounce around. And it was like, well, I like that, darling, because I like to fuck other men on the side, so it works out.
Speaker 3: I like pirates the I think it was Cynthia and she was asking Mark. She was like, and how old is your last girlfriend? And he was like younger, she was younger. Young.
Speaker 2: Now you guys haven't talked about Ralph.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, Ralph. Now, now, Pat, here's where your days of working in the studio comes back, circles back, around. Okay, Ralph has been a sound engineer for rock bands all around the world and he lives in Nashville, so that all tracks. Yeah, I need to know what rock bands. I need specifics. Are we talking Grateful Dead, are we talking Rolling Stones? Are we talking Maroon five? I need to know what we're talking. He has said rock bands, and I need to know which ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when it said I've been around bands for twenty or traveling with bands, I thought my instantly went where you went with wait as a fan following the Grateful Dad, but you actually know that he's a sound engine.
Speaker 1: He's a sound engineer and that's what he does. He's so they've showed some like flashbacks pictures of him and stuff, So I'm like, what are we talking? Are we talking about you two? Or are we talking about like the opening band for Pearl Jam? Like what are we talking?
Speaker 2: So there is kind of knowing the business a little bit. Some of these guys. If you are with Maroon five or some of those other big bands, like you're on retainers so when they're not touring, they want to so you can have six months to a year off and then you go on the road for a year or whatever, and yeah, you can make a nice living that way. Your family life isn't shatters. I never met an engineer that wasn't on his like third marriage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so he has time to go on a reality show and whatnot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, here's I Ashley. I want you to go to therapy and solve the issues that we may have to deal with with our father and ex husband. And I think that then maybe we naturally choose you start to choose Wallet because Mark isn't it, and Mark's family won't like you. Okay, you mean Ralph? Sorry, sorry, Ralph. I like it Ralph, and I keep I keep calling him Mark, but it's Ralph, and I in my head he looks like the character from Macket Ralph, so it should be easy for me to remember right.
Speaker 2: Now actually started getting the dick on Walle.
Speaker 1: He's too he's too eager. And also I have to tell you, I understand he wants kids, and she's got two kids, and she's sort of like I wanted to have my two kids with this rich guy, and I don't want to have any more kids, like and I get it, she's young, she's already got her kids.
Speaker 3: I agree, with her. I need to clarify. I completely agree with you. I didn't mean wallet like this guy. I meant just age appropriate, just a guy that's like here. And maybe he's ten years older than her, that's completely fine. Maybe he's been divorced too, Who cares. I just want her to to not go for these these people that are like an archetype of something that she feels that she needs because she's I don't know how many times this girl has to proved to herself, like, regardless of the amount of bad decisions she's making, she's picking herself right back up and figuring her shit out so she's good. She can have a relationship that is just makes her feel good. I feel like she has this weird savior dad thing that she needs and it's like, actually, just states somebody that you like, that's all, you know.
Speaker 1: I think she's still dating that guy Josh that we saw on the last season of Potomac Great.
Speaker 3: Like, genuinely, what a normal, fucking, weird, normal relationship for you, Ashley. I hope you take it and have fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then what about Giselle. Gazelle seems to hate everybody. I feel like she she wants to like Philip because he's rich. She doesn't want to kiss him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think Gazel wants anybody in. I think Gizelle wants to have somebody when she wants them. But the majority of the time, I think Gizelle just likes to do things her way and she's happy that way.
Speaker 2: She's the one cast member that feels like this is just a paycheck.
Speaker 1: M Okay, you're right, got good point. I would like to go way into the best show on television, The Valley. Pat. How close do any of these valley people live to you? Because I've been to your home in the valley.
Speaker 2: Let's put it this way. I walked by Tom Sports yesterday. So these people are in Ruby, the house that she grew up in. She's right in the thick of it. I have to give it to them. Unlike the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, where everybody lives in Encino. Yeah right, We'll actually live in the valley and every b roll shot you see of a sign or a street is in the valley. They're not like playing games where they're shooting out in Beverly Hills or down by the Beach. I mean they do that for scenes, but everything shot in the valley, so they're staying true to it. And I'm so happy to hear that you said you like this show, because we love it too. But the show is, as I assume you've heard, has low ratings. People.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Oh it's on the chopping block.
Speaker 3: They're trying to cancel it and saying lowest ratings. Nobody wants to watch it. And if people are watching it, they think it's bad and depressing, and nobody cares.
Speaker 1: Nobody i've talked to thinks that. I mean, people do think it's depressing, but it's real life exactly.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Case in point MP. If the Valley was doing well, they would not have moved the premiere of gen X in its spot. You're like shuffling times for viewers. I know people most don't view it real time and they record it, but yeah, I want the show to stay. I think Alec Baskin has already come out and said it's we've already renewed it. We're not recasting because the fun part is the actual regular people, you know, yeah, in their lives in the valley and they're not living in these crazy houses. I mean, the house a million dollars, but it's just it's very relatable to me, especially with the kid aspect.
Speaker 1: Yes, it totally is. And so this week we had the whole back and forth about Jason takes his ring off, and they solved it and then Janet brings it back up because what we find out is maybe Janet's mom is also a shit stir, because Janet's mom was like, wait, you shouldn't take that sitting down, you should bring it back up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's what I will say. The storylines are very thin this season. It's hard to have a second season that beats the first season. I mean, the first season had no less than three marriages implode before our eyes are I mean, that's just gold. You're not going to get that again. I think this show is kind of finding itself. I do want to say, you know, we had like a two episode arc of what a drunk Danny is, and now we've moved onto this ring thing. Those are kind of ridiculous storylines, I think, and I don't think Laala and Sheena and Brock coming back are the solution to help these things. Sena has essentially become like background, Like I don't think she's had to like her muscles are dull, like, she hasn't had to like do heavy lifting as far as being a reality TV star in years, So she just kind of hovers in the background. And I can't stand Brock. He's my least favorite person on reality TV. Look kids in two different countries, and he blames the mother why he can't see them.
Speaker 1: Like, listen, I've not I have not listen. I have not heard that. I have not Brock say he blames the mother. I've heard him take full blame for what he did, and I've heard him say, We've been to Australia a couple of times and given them the option to see me, and it's on their own and they have a great mother, they have a great stepfather, and if they don't want to see me, okay, maybe they'll come back around. That's what I've heard. Now he has taken full blame and he has finally paid all his back child support. So listen, listen. I didn't need to hear about Sheena's hemorrhoids from him sticking editor butt. I didn't need to hear that at all.
Speaker 3: M P.
Speaker 2: I'm going to push back a little bit just based on what we do know that I think we can agree upon. Children should not be the ones making the decision whether dad is in their life. A dad should push himself and really show them how much he's trying and not stop. Yeah, because the kids will reflect on that and they'll go My dad did not stop even when we were, you know, pushing back. But we were young and we didn't know. And thank god he kept pushing because now we have a relationship. The fact that he flies over to this country get finds himself on a reality show, Well, he's got two separate kids in different countries. I just I don't think that makes him a good person.
Speaker 3: Now, well, I think that there we can hold space for two truths at the same time. But I do think that it is worth noting. And I think that their mom kind of sounds like she's making a good decision ish by just keeping like the kids sound like they're happy and she doesn't want to disrupt it, so to each their own that.
Speaker 2: Being treat I have daddy issues. Secondly, he has two moms, two separate women, not one.
Speaker 1: No, I thought I was one woman and two kids.
Speaker 2: Really, I think they're in different countries. Okay, I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's the Australian woman has two kids.
Speaker 3: I believe that's the case, And again I could be wrong, but either way, what I and this is similar to Brittany and Jack's er and Pat and I have talked about this. MP. You know who Jack Saylor is. You saw it time again, time again, time again, and then you saw it forty four more times again. Then you got married and it just continued. Then you chose to have a kid, And so it's like, at what point do we say, like our frontal lobe was developed. Every one's over twenty five, where like Sheena chose to fucking have a kid with them, You're like, oh damn, all right, cool, that was a choice. And I think he seems to be doing a really good job with Summer Moon. They seem to be a very cute little family. I think Jax Taylor is going to be Pat and Dylan and I said, like, if he goes to jail somehow and just stays there for forever, that will be the best thing that happens for Brittany because she just needs him gone. He's going to be so problematic, and I feel so bad for that kid as well, because he's going to grow up and be like, whoa, that was my dad. That's crazy. This is cool, Okay, Jax.
Speaker 1: Is going to marry some other young girl in the next ten years and have three very small children and never speak to Britney and Cruse again.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I need to take forty five minutes alone in a room to say what that lot, and then I will come back.
Speaker 1: Oh don't you think He'll marry some young stupid model, have a few kids and never speak to Brittany and Cruz again, never pay a dollar for that stupid farmhouse that we know as a farmhouse because it says farmhouse all over it. No, he'll he'll, He'll ditch them completely.
Speaker 3: Ruby Souse, I know, I think you could be so very I'm so upset, I'm so mad.
Speaker 2: So we saw. This is the crazy part about Jacks, Like has it just been that lifestyle because it doesn't seem like this is his upbringing when you see his sister in this episode, well adjusted, thoughtful, and you have to ask yourself, where does Jacks come from? Is it just all the years of drug use and manipulating people and then he just became this kind of empty, empty soul.
Speaker 1: Every single thing he says is a lie. I mean, you know, we understand that he had this like huge freedom tattoo across his back because he was in the military. Never was in the military. He did this, and he graduated from this college, never went to one day at college, like literally he just like left high school, went to Miami, became a fuck boy, became a model. Now the modeling is true. We've actually seen the evidence of that some other people. And was told he was very good looking. And for some people, when you're told you're very good looking over and over and over, and then you believe your own hype and then just think you can do anything, just lies about everything. And the fact that he still has like Schwartz and stand ofbal to some extent, and Jesse being friends with him when they know, and even Jason, they know every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie. And that's kind of fun. That's kind of fun to have that fun friend that's just like a okay, well, you know, he's a fucking line, but he's fine at the bar. It's not fun like he's he Obviously there was a domestic violent situation with his wife he's been put in a rehab the escapes from and then goes back. He has a child, he doesn't pay the mortgage on the house. He's one hundred thousand dollars in restitution to the government. Writtany said on the Valley after show, Okay, I was going to tell how does he still have friends?
Speaker 3: One? How does he still have friends too? I don't know if you watch the after show. But their podcast that he keeps this going that he says, our podcast first of all, okay, and you guys know numbers. You guys have done podcasting for a long time. He says that their podcast makes one million dollars a year. Okay, it's interesting, and that he handed the feed over to her, quote unquote so that she could take all of the money and then pay for the mortgage that he owed. And then he still has not done that. And on the after show he's saying in front of I think Jesse and I don't remember who, he's sitting next to Schwartz. He explains it. He's tripping over his words, he's stumbling because he's fucking lying, and then he just says, yeah, I did that, I have done that, and Brittany's like, nope, hasn't done it yet, and the boys don't say anything, Like if you two sat here right now and said that this guy was orange, I would say, well, that's not true because I'm looking at it and it's blue, So don't gas lightly. We're changing the subject because you're both liars. They don't say a word. It's insane, and he's forty five.
Speaker 1: Schwartz looks on the after show, like how much am I getting paid to be here? Why do I Why do other people get to sit with cool people but I have to sit with Jack's like why can't I sit? Why can't I hang out with Jason? I don't want to be with Jackson Jesse? I mean, Schwartz is like, why am I with Jackson Jesse? No matter what they say, Schwartz just looks off to the side and they'll ask it. He'll go, you know, man, that's not true, or he's just kind of like, hey, that's not what Brittany said, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: There was something egregious that Jackson was like, So then I like came into the house and I pissed all over the floor, and Brittany just said like Okay, that sounds good, and Schwartz was like, I don't think that's exactly.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's what happened.
Speaker 2: I have to ask you, MP, because I went on a wild tangentbout how much I hate Rock. What do you think about adding La La and Sheena the Valley? What are your feelings on that.
Speaker 1: I think they're fine as bee characters. Like this week we get Jared again, and then we get you know, and then we get Jenna, who has always been on the Valley as a B list friend, and that's fine. I think they're great to come in and add a little flavor and leave. I don't need them to be main characters. I think that they had to bring them in because Jack the left, you know, And I think it's sort of the same with like on Atlanta, like Kenya left, so they have to bring in Faedra like they got to bring in the heavy hitters. So I understand why they're doing it. It doesn't bother me. Sena and Lala makes sense. Brock not so much, but he's there with Sena, so it's fine.
Speaker 2: I like the replacement theory, but no one has the best tagline in housewives history. Brains booty and all business.
Speaker 1: Is that Padra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but okay, so I love that Jack's may be in a little trouble with that bar. I know you've been there, MP last night. You went there. I was there two fridays ago at seven thirty at night.
Speaker 1: It's on Friday, on a Friday night.
Speaker 2: People are spilling out of bars and restaurants. The street is filled. It's it's just a very busy, busy business in time of night. There were two people in that bar. It was my wife and I and it would have killed us and maybe the bartender if she was around. No one was there. It was a ghost sound. I don't know how that business works. And I'd heard that he may have embezzled some money allegedly from some of the partners are invested sometimes these things and it's like.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard that. But the fact that her wedding rings were missing this week was I was like, Oh, he snorted those or ride up his nose.
Speaker 3: They're in my safe. Okay, just a quick queue, top of your head, Jacks, where's your safe?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You you are a pathological fucking liar, and you are addicted to cocaine.
Speaker 1: That's all it's really bad. And what you know, this week we thought, for just like half a second, we saw a glimmer of him saying, like, I can't believe the way I treated her for all these years, Like it's really terrible. But because with jackson's never just a statement, it's always a but she allowed it. I wish that she would have divorced me. I wish, you know, she was so used to it, she didn't do anything about it. Like, m there you go. You can't just say I treated her terribly. I was a terrible husband for all these years. But she also didn't stop me. So that's where she's the bitch. Also, she fucked my best friend. No, she didn't. It's not your best friend. Every single person on the show has said Julian is not your best friend. We've never even seen this guy.
Speaker 2: A party in Hollywood last season.
Speaker 1: He's just a friend, the god on the thirty man group. Oh, he's on the group text, so you hast to be my best friend. They're all like no. And by the way, Lala, if you watched the after show, Lala said she used to fuck him.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, he's been passed around. He's a random pree to give ridiculous to try parallel that he's trying to draw. He is, he's pathological. I don't know what you do though, like with if you're a narcissist, can you this is an actual question, can you go? Can you go to therapy for that?
Speaker 1: But I mean he said on the after Show that he was number nine on the narcissist scale, which I think it's a scale of nine, and so at least he knows, but I don't know, like, once you know it, can you fix it? Or if you just use that as an excuse to be like, well, I'm a narcissist, what.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to do? You know what he reminds me of on the after show too, when he was saying about Brittany, he was like, I mean on the show, he was like, I just wish she would have left me, like years ago. It was like when Sandoval was like, she would have had to follow me one time to Schwarts his house one time, And you're like, oh, oh, so.
Speaker 1: Now we're blaming Ariana for not following you to see that you were fucking her friends, because that was in fact her friend.
Speaker 3: Right, thank you for that? Okay? Sure?
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, but you know, with Sandoval, at least she sees a slight bit of remorse.
Speaker 3: Agreed, he's more, He's way, way, way less like Jaxon's head just sounds like metal scratching all the time to me, and like manic eyes going back and forth. I think Sandoval has like cartoon characters kind of running around.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I think that's right. I think that the Traders helped him a lot to to soften his image. And then we have Jesse, who also is a narcissistic sociopath. But Jesse is like allegedly Jesse is like, well, here's the thing. I should not have called my wife and the mother of my child a lying, cheating wore. But she is in fact a liar and a cheater. But the horror part was wrong. Just how about this, I shouldn't have said that end of sentence. Don't bud it, don't don't just just.
Speaker 2: An I often ask myself this with someone like Jessie, who appeared, at least from the outside that he had a successful real estate career on this show, I mean, you're throwing talk about throwing all your eggs in one basket and hoping that it works out. Because I who would hire this guy to sell their house or to buy a house at this point, I mean, there's only one million other real estate agents out there. Yeah, you look at this guy and you're like, oh, he's a sociopath.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because she talks on the after show. She talks about like who do you think owes more money? Jesse or Jack's like she and Brittany compare like who's got your worst X? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the credit score is worse. It's like, I don't think that he's in a position at all. And then Jesse tries to justify it by being like, well, you guys, you know you wouldn't understand because you're not in real estate, So let me explain it to you. But if you want to sell expensive homes, you have to hang out with very rich people. So that's why you blow all of your money when you go to Monte Carlo or whatever. And you're like, okay, Collri, Copry, Copry, I.
Speaker 2: Have to ask both of you because I'm all right. So these shows on Bravo Relationships, It's one of the tropes is they can't withstand a reality TV show A couple Okay, and look, Andy's asked this at Bravo con. He'll go, hey, who's going to get divorced next? Whose marriage implodes first? Janet and Jason's or Danny and Nia's.
Speaker 1: Ooh, well, that's tough because Danny and Nia are are very religious and she's got such childhood trauma that hmm. And they're they're getting there with the fourth kid in the Santa Clarita situation. But I don't want Jason and Janet to break up because I think that we saw this week with the metal detector. I was like, and he's so excited about how much she loves Dave and Busters. I'm like, I think Jason is a nerd as so as Janet, and that's why they are together.
Speaker 2: I used to say this when all the weirdos would have those metal detectors out of the beaches. When I play as a kid, I go the same person that has a metal detector goes to porn conventions to get autographs. It's just really.
Speaker 1: Dave and Busters. I don't know. It's like, I don't think. I don't think any of them are getting divorced. Zach and Benji that's who I think is going to break.
Speaker 3: Up to keep them away from our screens, please I could. I don't want anything to do with them. I think that Danny and Nia are going to be miserable for a couple of years, but they're going to push through and they'll just tell themselves because we have four young kids. This is just what it is, and there's a very strong God element to it. They're going to be in like that, that picket fence phase for like six to eight years. I think that Jason and Janet I can't unless one of them does something horrible, like Jason gets like a dui or something like that, like wildly out of character. I think they might actually stay together for forever. I can see Danny getting divorced in like thirteen years, when no one knows who they are anymore, you know.
Speaker 1: Interesting? Okay, one more thing about the valley. Okay, this week, Zach again says something terrible when the cameras weren't around, so we know that he says something terrible about Janet and on Sheena's podcast, I haven't heard it. This is just hearsay. Some Sheena said. Oh, he definitely said about Janet, like, oh my god, I hope her baby dies, Like I mean, he did say something terrible. Okay, it wasn't just the oh I don't care. It wasn't that. It was something terrible when the cameras were off. Okay, so cameras go down, he decides to say something terrible about their buddy Jared. Now, we played a game on our recap of the Valley where we played what did Jared? What did Zach say about Jared? Now, these are two gay guys that obviously hate each other. What did he say? So we were coming up with Okay, he obviously said like I hope somebody fucks him up the ass with a chainsaw, Like he said something terrible. But then we remembered that last season on the Valley they had they went to a whole big, like black tie event for the fundraising event that Jared's a part of because he's a received and he's an organ recipient more from an organ donor. Right, So then we're like, oh, he says something like that, like I hope his liver fails. He says, she's he said something terrible about him that they will not repeat on television.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think I had something to do with a penis in his mouth choking him to death.
Speaker 1: But that even that that's not because she was like, you could just tell somebody to fuck off, It didn't have to be that bad. So we're like it was as bad as I hope your baby dies. It was like I hope you're organ fails, I mean.
Speaker 3: Or like I feel like it would probably have more of a like a fun gay flare, like it would be like, I hope he gets like seriously like that he gets like fucked up the ass so hard that they break his new liver or something like that. Like I could see him saying something like that, Ruby, that's good.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan of Zac. Yeah. I think he's a pretty negative person and very needy. And you could see in this episode just how much how much his relationship with Britney is how he identifies with himself in the world, or at least lost angel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's he came there for her, like she was like, I gotta move in with this guy, Jacks, will you come with me? And he goes okay, and he moved to La with her as a friend.
Speaker 3: And then he took care of her while she got her boobs done because Jacks was out partying and cheating on her.
Speaker 1: But those were the roots he picked, and it was the wrong decision. Let's just all say it quickly before we end. We're all watching Real Housewives of Atlanta. People aren't really loving it. I'm so happy Fader's back. I don't know what to do with myself.
Speaker 3: Me too, And again, I can understand there were wrongdoings in the past. I've to watch her exist in space. She's unbelievable TV. She's somehow beautiful, she's reverse aging. I love her.
Speaker 2: I'm glad Kenya's gone. She's despicable as far as we aalayly, we've seen people do a lot of horrible things that one. I think if may have got her where, she won't even be U for a season of Villains like She's that's just that bad. It was just bad. So I'm happy that I didn't understand that that's how Favor got cast to kind of fill that space. It just I was like, oh, Favor was back.
Speaker 1: I the story, that's my that's my guest. By the way, I don't have any insider knowledge.
Speaker 2: Well, it makes total sense. My favorite storyline is definitely Drew attempting to be a music artist with Dennis, and I love Dennis because someone who can sell hot dogs and be a music producer. That he's got rage talent, talent and let's see, yes, Drew is also a very despicable person and her husband is the one that lives in the basement, right.
Speaker 3: Thank crowd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say that's my favorite storyline. I will say about Drew. There are a lot of careers you can start in your forties. Being a musketeer and a pop singer is not one of them. So I always laugh at that. But anyway, I'm enjoying the season. I love Porsche.
Speaker 1: Shema is great. She's great, She's great, his main character energy, she's great.
Speaker 3: I wonder where like I wanted her on my screen for the last however many years. I love her. I think she's wonderful. She's shady, she serves the pod, she's not afraid, and her husband is so rich. They I love it. I love her money on the screen. It's amazing and I like her much so.
Speaker 1: Rich Now, Angela Oakley, pat you'll like this, am I. When the first episode came out, I was watching it because I'll see whatever taking notes and I paused it and my husband walks through the room and goes, is that Charles Oakley, and I go, huh, what I don't know? This is housewife is Angela? He goes, that's Charles Oakley. He's an NBA player. I go what. He goes, no, like he played with Jordan, Like he's a very famous basketball player. I go, oh, I don't know. He's married to this lady who's on Real Housewives at Atlanta. And he's like, what the fuck? I mean, he is so upset that somebody that famous in the basketball world was on TV as like the husband of this one. He goes, I don't even know. I'm so upset, Like he left the room. I go, well, let's just see he's cooking in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: He goes, no, well, no, never want tom watch VH one because there's an actual series called Basketball Lives.
Speaker 1: He was very upset about somebody as esteemed as Charles Oakley. You know, of course, I was like, do you mean Charles Barkley. He's like, quit tal fucking.
Speaker 2: Because it seems like they may just be one of those relationships where it's like, yeah, we don't really show affection for each other anymore, and it's just, you know, I think.
Speaker 1: They have a great relationship because she has said like, yeah, he did this, he acted a full there was rumors about him. I left him for a while, we got back together, you know, I just sort of liked it. She's like, we're elders. Yeah, we've been through some shit as old people that are married.
Speaker 3: You know. I also think she looks at the other women who are very catty in their new half marriage half nots, and she's just like, when you get to be here in the public eye, like I was, we can talk, Okay, you little kittens, I am. I'm not interested in it. He is the most unbothered person I think I've ever seen on TV, and I appreciate it immensely every time he's there.
Speaker 1: Okay. Also, I wanted to ask you about her house flipping business is not going well. Not every every week we see a new house that's like she's trying to flip, Like she has multiple properties.
Speaker 2: I think I've heard her say that she's twenty million dollars in debt right now.
Speaker 1: I think it was two too.
Speaker 2: Okay. The good news is if you own those properties, I guess you're paying mortgages. And maybe maybe she meant she's borrowing money to just basically keep up the payments, and I could see where you get there. But if she means two million dollars because the houses haven't sold and that's how much she's invested, that's not really losing the money.
Speaker 1: She needs a better contractor like all these houses, You're like, why have you priced this house at three million dollars? Even in the middle of Los Angeles with a pool, you wouldn't pay three million dollars for that house. It's a piece of shit, you know, by the way, So you know, I follow all the real estate stuff off anywhere I ever go. So i get LA listings all the time, and I'm always like, oh my god, really.
Speaker 3: Really, it'll make you jump. It'll make you jump.
Speaker 1: I mean New York too. I get New York apartments all the time. But I can get behind a six hundred thousand dollars studio in New York. Somehow I get my brain around that. I'm like, that's enough space for one person six hundred Okay. I can't get my brain around. And I'm like, in the DC area, it's pretty expensive. I can't get my brain around like a one point five million dollar, two bows room, one bath bungalow.
Speaker 3: And it's not a bungalows. It's a house that they thought that you wouldn't notice if they called it a bungalow, that it didn't have a roof on the side. And it's like it is, I'm sorry, and this has been condemned for the last nine years. And they're like, that's why it's so cheap.
Speaker 1: Pat, You're sitting on a gold mine well in the valley.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, but I will say this. When Danny and Neir were talking on the valley, when they were talking about houses, my head just stopped. I said, I said, Santa Clarita, that is where all the young couples are going, because it is there's a freeway that connects Santa Clarita to Los Angeles that no one drives on. So you're technically twenty minutes away from Los Angeles and it's basically just beautiful rolling hills of new developments. So you know, you can buy a house for seven hundred you know, three bedroom, two bath house. I'm sorry, I didn't know. This isn't a real estate show. But in Frida it's probably a nice neighborhood. And uh, and you can say, technically you live in Los Angeles, so you know, it's it's every.
Speaker 1: Time every time I hear Santa Clarita, I just think Amy Fillips. Amy Phillips lives in Santa Clarita. Oh so I was like, are you gonna be neighbors? She was like, I don't know. I'm start walking around looking for them.
Speaker 2: I wasn't sure if you're going to wrap it up, but I did have a way to bring this home from the carrokay.
Speaker 1: So bringing it up back to Karen ra well done.
Speaker 2: That's broadcasting. So one of the shows that I'm really looking forward to that Bravo said is in either they finished filming or it's coming out, is the Real Housewives of Rhode Island or.
Speaker 1: Probably Okay heard that, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you may know this year on these goes they have real motherfucking money there, like oh yeah, an insane beach city with crazy We're talking old old money.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if they do the right casting on that, that is going to be a phenomenal show. And this is where I'm going to tie it into Karen Reid. This is a prediction, Okay, that is going to be a huge success and they're going to realize maybe we need to have more shows because you know New York is on Haidus Hiatus Real Housewives of Boston first season two years from now. Karen Reid is one of the leads.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's your prediction.
Speaker 2: Huh, that's my prediction.
Speaker 1: Okay, so hmm, well I disagree. But she definitely will be on Dancing with the Stars, one said, and she should be.
Speaker 3: She deserves that.
Speaker 1: She deserves to get that mirror Ball trophy and the one thousand dollars an episode they give her. Yeah, I mean, yeah, it'll be interesting. Karen read to me. She is like a PhD professor and she goes back to teaching and people are like, is that the lady that maybe got drunk and killed her boyfriend and had a cost to me bag, Like, we know a lot about our teacher, like a about our teacher. And she was trying to hook up with that other dooey looking cop that.
Speaker 2: Was just to make him jealous. She was, she would not.
Speaker 3: We can't be too sure there. You know, we don't know about those those bossing cops.
Speaker 1: So that's right, that's right. She likes the cops. I do love all the accents on the stand, I really really do. It's just like every person is is better than the next. And at some point you have to even stop going like making fun of it, because you would then you wouldn't do anything else.
Speaker 3: Yep. And also you just your brain has to like adjust. You're like, just stop laughing and let them say the words because it's going to be over and over again.
Speaker 1: It's going to be over and over. But I'm I'm enjoying it as much as you can enjoy a murder trial.
Speaker 2: I'm from there, and it took me five full years to work on my speech to eliminate that accent out of.
Speaker 1: My Uh, I bet it does. Yeah, It's like it's like uh Spockles, It's like John Patrick's brother on ninety Day Fiance is like Simon down Spockles spot.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's never forget, all right, tell me what you're covering on your show, like what days and what you got over on Patreon and where everybody can find you. Give me the whole spiel.
Speaker 2: I'm ready, Okay, So we do just a single podcast. We cut our feed from another below deck podcast and put our below deck coverage on bad TV. So just seek out bad TV. We're covering below Deck. We're covering the valley and then on Patreon for five dollars, we're covering Summer House, which is just wrapping up. I think we're going to do a past season of Traders because we just had so much fun covering that. And we also do a show once a week where we just kind of riff on our lives and people seem to like that. We call it another podcast show, and that's at Patreon dot com slash another podcast network.
Speaker 1: And everything is five dollars. You don't have like a higher level, We have a higher tier. My favorite show we do is PMC. That's for ten dollars, and that's where it just tell you because it's one of the funnest things that I get to do. I start with a random celebrity of like I'll just be like, what happened to that the guy who dressed up in goonies as I forget the character's name, and I'll just go down a wormhole like we all get trapped into and see where it got me. Last episode, I started with Kevin Bacon and I ended with the show Jigglos, which Richard Greco had produced, and I learned that one of the Jigglos on Showtime is guy named ash and he's one of the thirteen people that p did he hire amazing? What does so PMZ is like Patrick ms?
Speaker 2: Yah? It doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, instead of thirty three mile Zone is Patrick milesone?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I am a subscriber to your Patreon. I support all my friends and I listen all the time, and every so often something tickles me so much I just have to send you, guys a note like I gotta tell you it's so funny. We appreciate you so funny, you guys. And by the way, Ruby Wrenn the best name in the world. Every time I talk to you, I say it and I will never get over it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will tell my mom so thank you.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe it's a real name. Do you have another sibling besides Dylan that we know of?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, not not that you know. Okay, because I was gonna that what would that one saying? I can't even imagine it would be amazing? Well, my all, my love to Dylan and new baby Lucy. I'm very excited for this new phase of Dylan and his personality. I can't wait to see what it does to his negativity.
Speaker 2: Truer words were never spoken. Yes, hopefully it softens him, but not too much. We like that very brash, wicked tongue of his. Sometimes it brings brings the funny.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you something about Dylan, and he's not going to listen to this, but I'll tell you something about Dylan for he to me, he's the kind of person I would be like a little afraid of because I'd be afraid of. He would like make so much fun of me that I would cry.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Ruby's nodding and like, yes, her childhood is coming back to her because he can be a little mean, you know, but he has been so nice to me. Yeah, he loves He loves me for some reason, and I always think he's fucking with me, and then he's actually making fun of me when he says he likes me.
Speaker 2: I know, he is his feelings. We did a show with you know, mutual friend Mark Wahlberg. Had no idea that Mark essentially kind of assesses people's mental health and yeah, he does go with him and he started doing that with Dylan. Dylan was not a fan. And it is a hilarious podcast because I had no idea what was going on. I just wanted to talk about Mark's talk show. Yeah, shows, blah blah blah blah. They start getting into it, and Dylan definitely doesn't like Mark, and Mark doesn't like Dylan probably.
Speaker 1: I know you guys are neighbors, right, Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: Like fifteen minutes away from here, but he does his show out of our studios.
Speaker 1: So yeah, what is that on the Patreon because I would love to hear that. I'd love to hear Mark analystic Dylan.
Speaker 2: I know for sure it's on Mark's show. You'd have to go back probably thirty shows, way before he started covering the Temptation Island cast. But yeah, that's wild. You'll see me being the referee, which is typically where I sit with these things, Like we'll have a guest on. He starts getting into it. I'm like, you realize we have to keep them on this this episode, right.
Speaker 1: God, Well, good luck to Dylan and little baby Lucy and his wife. I know it's a fun time. And congratulations to Ruby for being the aunt. Thank you, Barry and Patrick for being the referee.
Speaker 2: And p We're gonna have to have you come on and you can do whatever show you want. You're watching below deck, right, Nope, you're not.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's another detriment to me. I know, I know it's another detriment, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: Going to have you come over and recap the valley with us.
Speaker 1: Love it, love it all right, guys, I'll talk to you later. Everybody follow you, guys at bad TV on Instagram? Is that right? Yes, a bad TV And then I'm at Pink Shade pod and everybody. You know, the best thing you can ever do for a podcaster is to go and leave them a five star review. So please do that for me, for bad TV and for any podcast that you like, because it's the nicest thing you can do, and it's free. Okay, bye guys
Speaker 3: Bye bye bye m