Speaker 1: Welcome to the Great Detectives of Old Time Radio from Boise, Idaho. This is your host, Adam Graham. If you have a comment, email it to me Box thirteen at Great Detectives dot net, Follow us on Twitter at Radio Detectives, and become one of our friends on Facebook, Facebook dot com Slash Radio Detectives. Today's program is brought to in part by the financial support of our listeners, and I want to thank Irwin for sitting in a one time donation via support dot Great Detectives dot net one down. Donations can also be mailed in via check to Adam Graham peelbox one five nine one three, Boise, Idaho eight three seven one five. That's Adam Graham Peelbox one five nine one three, Boise, Idaho eight three seven one five, and you can become an ongoing Patreon supporter at Patreon dot Great Detectives dot net. Also over at Great Detectives dot net. This weekend my review of the mystery novel Stones cry Out, and you can get all of my articles automatically delivered to your Kindle and you can try that service out free for two weeks. Just search for Great Detectives of Old Time radio in the Kindle store. Well, now it's time for today's episode of Dragnet. The original air date October twelfth, nineteen fifty two, and this one is the Big Lie.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen. The story you were about to hear is cruel. The names have been changed to protect the innocence. You're a detective sergeant. You're assigned a homicide detail. You've got a call that a man has been murdered. His pillar is unknown.
Speaker 3: Good job, get him right.
Speaker 4: The documented drama of an actual crime. For the next thirty minutes, in cooperation with the Los Angeles Police.
Speaker 5: Department, you will travel step by step on the side of the law to an actual case transcribed from official police FIR from beginning to men, from time to punishment.
Speaker 6: Diagnest is the story of your police force and action.
Speaker 7: It was Saturday night, twelfth. It was warm in Los Angeles. We were working to.
Speaker 8: Day, watched out a homicide detail. My partner is Frank Smith, the boss of Captain Morman.
Speaker 7: My name's Friday.
Speaker 8: It was eight oh four am when I got to Room forty two.
Speaker 7: Comis side as to Joe, Yeah, I'm trying, like Frank.
Speaker 9: I got held up with driving Its okay, no problem now, Scribby guy.
Speaker 7: When I get that freeways, anything to you. And on the end of the past, this time the money. You can't go one ten miles an hour? Yeah, cars Tylis a frank old boy. When we get to night, I'm gonna go straight to bed and I've he's got to east the man. I'll trouble get the feet less. Well, I wouldn't have had any trouble if I'd had the chance to do it. What do you mean again? It my brother in law? Oh what he had to do it on a couple of weeks. He's always kind of waste one of those courses of hypnotism at home.
Speaker 9: Book got to the house yesterday, right when he's got a new career, going to go into the hypnop king and business.
Speaker 7: Book felt hard to do it right. You can have food and so well with people making the things you want.
Speaker 8: All that stuff hideaway.
Speaker 7: He's got to practice on somebody. We just finished dinner and I was all settled.
Speaker 9: Down to watch television. Comes in with a sort of book, A little bity near in the candle. First when he lights the candle, tells me to look at it. Concentrate, you know, you know, I told him to go take a run on Johnthan right away, saved yourn Jim. He says, I don't want him to get ahead, and I said something about the fact that he could use one and him hands up with me sitting there and him trying to control my will. Whether the work I don't know. Raived his hands in front of me and flashed the mirror in my eyes and I fell asleep. Yeah, right away wakes me up, wants no hot to help. But it was like when he put me under. I told him he didn't. I just went to sleep so he gets time to use with this book called post a God his suggestion. You know, when I'm asleep, he said something I'm supposed to do and I wake up. Yeah, and he woke me up and waited for me to do it what he wants you to do. I never found out.
Speaker 8: He just sat there and looked at me every time I doze off and waking me up so I could do whatever it was he suggested and run one thirty this morning.
Speaker 9: He gave up because the book wasn't any good and the kindn't get his money back. All the time, say, I just watched him if I'd known what it was.
Speaker 7: He wanted me to do it.
Speaker 8: I'd done it to get him off my back. I never did find out what it was. Morning when didn't say hello, said that I wasn't co operator.
Speaker 7: I get it. Comic bes friend bes friend is Yeah, so what was that? Adds again, that's time, we'll do that out something for us. Yeah.
Speaker 8: A woman out on Burne Street sixty four twenty five because her son's in money. Frank and I drove out to the house. It was a typical residential neighborhood. When we got there, a crowd of gathered around the front of the house. The radio cars arrived and the officers had gotten the people back from the lawn and the entrance of the house. We went in and met the woman who had placed the call, and it was Edith Curtis. He was a woman in the late forties with graying hair. As we talked to her, she could lean her handkerchief in her.
Speaker 10: Hands, just the same the gun. The end of the week, he looked at it and said that it needed clean. He's always home on Saturday, so this morning he said he might as well get at it. After breakfast. He got out all the things that needed, put the land's table in there and started to clean the guns. I was in the bedroom, siding up the place. I heard these loud voices and then a shot. I went to the living room and I saw the men standing there. As soon as he saw me, he turned around and ran to the door. I yelled at it, but he didn't stop. I went over to chest. It was just lying there, still in quiet. I could see where he'd been shot, and it was dead. And then I called room before you got to the other men of once in the car got here, but it was too late.
Speaker 7: That boy was dead.
Speaker 8: I'll go see if my partner's finished the column, because would you like just to call your family doctor?
Speaker 10: No, there was kind to you. Put up you all U. This house has been full of press last couple of years, nothing but sadness. I used to it. I guess the good laws next used to it. If he didn't, I don't think the mother could go on. Man, my youngest daughter, Alice, who need to go this next month for twenty fourth she killed herself Stargeant. It's almost killed me to Lucy. That's why Dan used to it. I got to the point after Alice was dead, where I couldn't see any reason for going on, and I figured it a good lord must have wanted it this way, and I wasn't one to stay was wrong. Alice was going to have enough trouble.
Speaker 7: As it was.
Speaker 10: I don't even understand to a side stargant the one unforgivable spin man.
Speaker 9: Okay, so I'll tell him that's what the fellows on the side they're around the neighborhood's yeah.
Speaker 7: One if people give us a description of the man you saw, the let's get out of call on.
Speaker 10: So that started pretty good just then looking at me?
Speaker 7: How old?
Speaker 10: Was maybe thirty five or forty? Not any older than that? I'm sure?
Speaker 7: How tall is the gay? Taller than you? About how much taller? Oh?
Speaker 10: Maybe a couple of them chips?
Speaker 7: Now I'm on my sixty one or two? Is that right?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Thanking s that's pretty.
Speaker 7: Close about his weight? Howe anythink he was?
Speaker 10: I'm not very good as sad. I stared about one hundred and eighty round there.
Speaker 7: What about his clothes? What was he wearing for the moment?
Speaker 10: He had on one of those blue denimouts that you know the crowds is in the jacket slight blue and the coat had that dark blue trim knitted around the bottom and collar. Had on a white shirt. No tie that there those shoes with a real thick soles that Robert.
Speaker 7: M about him.
Speaker 10: I don't think I know what you mean.
Speaker 7: But do you have any mercy stars or anything that might make it easier for.
Speaker 10: Us to identify? No, not that I could see, but she won't have any trouble identifying. And I'll tell you if you have the right one in us.
Speaker 7: Did he have a car? Would you know that? I don't think so.
Speaker 10: I didn't see one, thinking man.
Speaker 7: Cool, I'll call it somebody. I always jails it out the local of acc you know, mister yeah. Could you tell us exactly what time the shooting took place?
Speaker 10: Not exactly, but i'd say a god is fourty eight?
Speaker 7: Did this man say anything? No, not her words. You never saw him before? Maybe around the neighborhood. The store was in the sweet someplace.
Speaker 10: No, I never saw I might know that, but if I see him again, I'll know him.
Speaker 7: I'll be right back to I hope you won't take a sance, ma'am.
Speaker 10: What that does?
Speaker 7: Well, you don't seem too greatly concerned about your son's death here.
Speaker 10: I thought i'd explain that to you. I told you that I have to visit, that it's the lord's will. I might as well tell you, Sudge. You've probably find out anyways.
Speaker 7: What's that meant? Bill?
Speaker 10: Jeff and Dot's had a few wants and it's nothing curious. But he did have words.
Speaker 7: I know your time. Man.
Speaker 10: Well, I told you that my daughter took her own life. I am she did to hear in this house. I thought it was a happy home. I found out it wasn't. I found out too.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 10: You see, Alice, that's my daughter. So she's going to marry. She met a young man who worked in an inner press factory. She said the thinking was very nice. I couldn't see much in him.
Speaker 7: I told her so.
Speaker 10: He had quite a few rows about it. That's when he was here. And that night the row Alice's young man left, maybe quite a fuss about my trying to run the children's life. Told Alice that he'd married or right away that night. But when they were married, he didn't want to have anything to do with Jeff.
Speaker 7: On me, Well, did Jeff take any part in this world?
Speaker 10: Oh? My yes, I find a young man strong out at a house. Alice wasn't here. It just seemed to go to pieces. That night she took an overdose kicking to it. I'll never forget when I pollical practice. That's not too im as such.
Speaker 7: That's quite all right man. You said you and your son had several arguments with it about this engagement.
Speaker 10: Yes, that's Alice's funeral. Jeff seemed to stop around the house then at Nice to go out with drink quite a bit. He seemed to think that I'd called Dallas to do away with itself. I tried to tell him that I didn't, but I was just as sorry as you guys. I told him how badly I've felt. It didn't seem to do any good.
Speaker 7: Well have you heard from Alicis? Fan said he what's his name? Is it? Good?
Speaker 10: Sadly?
Speaker 7: Bruce Dudley, you know you can get in touch with him.
Speaker 10: I think Jeff had his ads. I can look for it.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 10: You don't think that Bruce had adn't need to do with this. I know it wasn't him. I know, Brooke, I know what.
Speaker 7: He looks like. It wasn't him. In the living room. Well, we just want to talk to him.
Speaker 10: Of course, he might have hired someone else. No, I'm sure Brooks had nothing to do with it. Even with what he did say that nice and he had to fight. Jeath told him that if he didn't get out of always out when less Dud said that Sunday I met leaving other people's lives was going back by that it might take some time, but it would be retained. And that look in his eyes when he rested the door, doesn't yeah naze he did to him, he looked ned in us to kill us.
Speaker 8: Close nine twelve am, the coroner arrived and removed the body. The men from the crime lab drew went over the place. The complete set of pictures was taken Before the body was removed. Layton Prince went over the rifle on the table and the coon operatus. Frank and I noticed that the tablecloth on the living room table had been on the floor when we got to the house. Missus Curtis had told us that her son had grabbed it as he fell to the floor.
Speaker 7: He talked with the neighbors.
Speaker 8: One of them and Missus Alvin Temper said that she had been watering the lawn between seven point thirty and eight am, but that she had seen no one enter or leave the Curtis house. She told us that she had heard frequent and loud arguments between Missus Curtis and her son. Frank and I drove out to the address of Bruce Dudman, with a modern one room apartment on river Side Drive in the San Fernando Valley.
Speaker 7: We rang the buzzer a second time and waited. It's like he's not in. You know what time seventeen, He's probably gone out. Come on and checked the man.
Speaker 11: Yeah, mister Dudley, Yeah, pretty well, well police officers left. Talk to okay, come on, it just got up out like last night. I feel it all Well, all those suppose to sit down.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna put a pot of coffee that well, it feels like a troop of midas trans baft over my son.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, right ahead. What do you want to see me about? You know what? Jeff Curterer, Yeah, I know him. Hey, won't you say your name to her? Well, my name is Friday. It's my partner, Frank Smith. He's gotten bad, something to prove at your cops. Yesha, it's my ID.
Speaker 6: Mm hm sage Joseph d Okay, what's this.
Speaker 7: About Jeff's dead mister Dudley, Yeah, yes, sir.
Speaker 6: How it happened?
Speaker 7: Accident? We're not sure I didn't kill himself, did he?
Speaker 6: Why do you ask that?
Speaker 7: I just thought he might. Man Chris had killed.
Speaker 3: Herself, thought he might have done the same thing.
Speaker 7: Do you know of any reason when he do something like that?
Speaker 6: No, not that I could name.
Speaker 7: Understand you, missus. Curtis didn't get along, so though you got a long rright, Oh, and Alice and I stood up. There were some words. Nothing serves well, well you guys do pretty caught him?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I understand he had quite an argument. He was ready to throw you out of the house.
Speaker 6: And I've been talking to his mother if he's been throwing lives around again?
Speaker 7: Well, is it true? Did you and Curtis have an argument? Yeah? I got nothing to hide. You've been out of the house this morning. No, why have any way of proving you were here all morning? Jeff got up? You know that the guy's got me out of bed? What are you trying to prove? Just want to know if you canna come to your time? And so you think I had something to do with Jeff? Jeff is at it? They didn't save that. No, but your meant excuse me, I got to get the coffee. You want some coffee?
Speaker 6: No, I don't, Fine, how about you?
Speaker 7: You don't mind if I have a top and I'll take her out of here.
Speaker 4: And thanks.
Speaker 7: That's facious. You guys really think I can do with what happened to Jeff.
Speaker 12: We're not paid to say what we think. You try to get the fact. Yeah, we had to concentrate on missus Curtis. I wouldn't put it past the old back to kill it on some check around the bars in the neighborhood.
Speaker 7: Talk to his friends.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you his mother was scared to death that he'd marry one of these days.
Speaker 7: Walk out on it.
Speaker 13: He used to be on his back all the time about the girls he went out with. I knew some of them, Alice, and he used.
Speaker 6: To double date with him once in a while.
Speaker 7: They ever have any arguments about this? While you were around a couple of times.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you don't believe he wanted to check with Harry.
Speaker 6: He'll tell you the same story.
Speaker 7: Lord knows he went through enough of it. Harry. Yeah, Jeff's brothers.
Speaker 6: Who got married.
Speaker 14: Oh, let's see about five years ago we got out of the house lots stocking bag.
Speaker 13: If we went through a flash with his mother about it, he'll tell you about it. He used to go over and see Jeff once in a while after he got married, but the old lady caused so much trouble it just got on me.
Speaker 7: At the bar. Got to the point where Harry wouldn't go in the house.
Speaker 6: Check with him.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you you know where we can get in touch with him. No, I haven't gotten the address. Look it up in the book, Harry Curtis.
Speaker 13: I think it's out on Selma someplace in Hollywood.
Speaker 7: Where do you work?
Speaker 6: Myer Aircraft? I'm a toolmaker.
Speaker 7: He worked today's day.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm off today.
Speaker 7: What's this for this one?
Speaker 13: To know where we can we?
Speaker 6: Should? You still think I had something to do with it him?
Speaker 8: You know, we didn't say you did your name came up to check it out and oh a lot of times when Jeff and I didn't get along, I want to try to set her that there weren't.
Speaker 13: I never don't even that hurt him. Got enough in his hands with that mother, you know. So one night we came home from the date Alice Mee, Jeff and his date were staying around the kitchen having something to eat. Another came in matter than a web hand raised came told Jeff to get the woman out of the house. Jeff Tilbery wouldn't have her.
Speaker 7: Talk to a girl like that.
Speaker 14: He thought quite a bit of her. The old biddy walked right over and slapped the girl across the face. Told her to leave Jeff alone, but she'd rather see him dead and tied up with a girl like that. Two forty pm. We go back to the office.
Speaker 7: We've been no replies from the locality.
Speaker 8: ATV We checked the names of Jeffrey Curtis and Bruce Dudley through R and I. There was no record on Curtis, but Dudley had been arrested twice for lamc foreven seeds being drunk in a public place. He served sentences in the city jail and both drive me. We checked with the coroner's office and me. He told us the Curtis been killed by a thirty eight caliber bullet. It had been fired at close rings into the back of its skull. The bullet was booked for evidence and we made out a dead body report. He put him a call to the brother's house, but we were told that he was out of the city and he wouldn't return until sometime that night. We left word for him to call our.
Speaker 7: Officor Sounity returns.
Speaker 8: We checked on a suicide story given us by Missus Curtis and found that an Alice Curtis had taken our own life by an overdose of sleeping pills two years before. By twenty pm, Frank and I drove out to Sock to Missus Curtis again.
Speaker 10: You want to look at Jess's room, don't you? Yes, No, Churtis just nice.
Speaker 7: We were here this morning.
Speaker 9: He didn't say anything about his other sons.
Speaker 10: The officer Harry doesn't care much for me.
Speaker 7: I know it's hard to.
Speaker 10: Believe that a boy would desert his own mother, but that's what Harry did. He got married right away. His wife started to cause trouble between it.
Speaker 7: A rife of your son. Was saying this morning.
Speaker 10: Oh, yes, those men from this time, but I think they said they took it.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, don't do much money.
Speaker 10: Well, it used to do. Used to do clout a bit before Harry got married. There used to be a great pal.
Speaker 7: Mother.
Speaker 10: Couldn't ask for a better. Hard's son, and when Harry left home, Jess sort of gave it up. He painted gun when he had to, but he didn't go after game anymore than to just say to leave me alone at night.
Speaker 7: Ma'am.
Speaker 10: Well, we've had a lot of trouble with palates in the neighborhood. Had to call the police a couple of times. They didn't find anybody, though.
Speaker 7: Huh did your son's closed man? Yes, this man you saw this morning. You know if he had a gun?
Speaker 10: Yes, he did it. It was a revolver. When I came into the room that was still smoking.
Speaker 6: Did your son keep.
Speaker 7: Any other firearms in the house, Oh no, just the rifle.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't have any other guns in the place. I don't like them.
Speaker 7: Had Nick Paula Love they hadn't heard of. Plus the attic man, Either you or your son had any reasons up there?
Speaker 10: No, I don't think we've been up there since we moved. Could I get to offices a couple of coffee or anything? I've got some nice gras cake, like a slice of it.
Speaker 8: No man thinks this is say, oh yeah, I'll get here, Yeah, I here on the shoulders with these suits in the back.
Speaker 7: She just stirs. I came down and I going yet, no, let me get a chair, and what happened?
Speaker 10: But it's all about I told you we haven't used that attic.
Speaker 7: Don't you believe me? Just like to take a look.
Speaker 10: If you don't mind me, well maybe I do mind.
Speaker 7: It's just gonna take a minute, man, I offices.
Speaker 10: She'll got your nerve. I tried to be nice to you.
Speaker 7: I help you out.
Speaker 10: It isn't enough that my boys did. Now you have to come in here and tear my home apart.
Speaker 7: I can reach it. Yeah, here it is.
Speaker 6: Get my pencil.
Speaker 7: Have you ever seen this?
Speaker 6: Missus? Curse?
Speaker 10: No, I haven't got any idea how that gun got there justin Belonga.
Speaker 7: I don't know thirty eight counts.
Speaker 13: You are listening to Dragnet, the authentic story of your police force connection.
Speaker 8: We took the gun back to the city hall. It was checked for finger prints, but none were found. We checked with pawn shop records but the gun had not been registered. By checking with the manufacturer, we got the retailer's name. It had been sold to the victim, Jeff Curtis. The gun was turned over to rust Camp for the routine.
Speaker 7: Checked through ballistics.
Speaker 15: We'll hurt it out, all right, comparison right, all right? Yeah, that make for us, Oh my man.
Speaker 7: Eleven forty sixteen, Harry Curtis called the office. He was surprised to hear.
Speaker 8: Of his brother's death, but said that he would be down to see us in the morning. Frank and I checked out, and the next morning we drove out to the house on burn Sweet and picked up missus Curtis, who talked to room in the interrogation room.
Speaker 10: It is perfectly ridiculous. I don't understand what you're trying to get me to stay.
Speaker 7: Well, maybe if we lay it out for you.
Speaker 10: Man, Yes, that might do it. At least it would be something, all right.
Speaker 8: When we walked into your house yesterday morning, you said that nothing in the house had been tested, but everything was said.
Speaker 10: As it was when your son was tell that lad, Yes, I just said.
Speaker 7: That Tabby be sure one way or the other.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: What did you say?
Speaker 10: I said that I hadn't touched anything. Nobody did.
Speaker 7: Would you tell us what your son was doing when you left the room.
Speaker 10: I told you it was painting the rust on the living room table. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 7: What did you say he did after he was shot.
Speaker 10: I said he sailed down.
Speaker 7: Did he touch anything as he fell against anything?
Speaker 10: Well, when you tell grabbed the table cloth pulled it down with it, that's that well.
Speaker 8: And maybe you can explain how it was it? All the things you used to clean the rifle when the gun itself was still on the table, what how was it? Those things didn't come off the table and they pulled the cross off.
Speaker 10: I don't know what you're trying to get me to say.
Speaker 7: Were likely to tell us the group?
Speaker 10: I'm telling that all.
Speaker 7: Right, man.
Speaker 8: When the crime lab went over to your house, they found two places in the kitchen flood that had been filled in with classic wood.
Speaker 7: The job didn't look very old.
Speaker 10: Well, what's wrong with that? Jes took good care of the house. You might have tried to plug up some place where as were getting in.
Speaker 8: When the men from the lab dug up the package, they found two thirty eight caliber bullets under the moon.
Speaker 7: They checked them with a bullet that killed your son. The bullets came from the same gun.
Speaker 10: I don't know what you're talking about, but there's all this show you talked about.
Speaker 7: The college said you had trouble with them in the neighborhood. That's right. Well, act, did you take the stop this?
Speaker 10: I called? The police had then come out to try to find the person who was talking the trouble.
Speaker 7: When did you call the police?
Speaker 6: Laugh?
Speaker 10: Three weeks to go?
Speaker 8: Well checked the report, man, no record of anyone at its call. The police checked powers in that neighborhood for the past six months.
Speaker 10: Are you trying to make me out a riot? Exactly what you're trying to do.
Speaker 7: We're trying to get the truth, Joe. You want to check the offs and see if mister Scus is.
Speaker 10: Your ear Yeah, sure, you've got nice gun here.
Speaker 7: Yes, ma'am. We've got to get the truth to this.
Speaker 10: Why did you have to get him involved in it?
Speaker 7: But? As I said, man, we're trying to find the fact.
Speaker 10: You don't believe what I posed?
Speaker 7: Well, no, man, it's made it a little difficult.
Speaker 10: How can you say that?
Speaker 8: Well, first you tell us that nothing was pet get the physical setup doesn't make that possible. You deny knowing anything about the gun when we find it, but we find two bullets that have been fired from the same gun embedded in the floor of the sition.
Speaker 7: She told us about powers in the neighborhood. But there's no police record of it.
Speaker 8: Your next door neighbors says, she was out in front of our house all morning, but she didn't see anyone at he or leave your house.
Speaker 7: We find the murdered gun up in the attic. He told us she saw until her leave the house with a gun. Your son died instantly. Nothing you tell us who put the gun there? No man who much hear the doesn't yet.
Speaker 10: They got to into this, didn't say Harris. Yes, mother, they're trying to tell you that I killed death. They want me to tell them that I killed my own boy. Tell them, tell him I wouldn't do a thing like that, not my own boy.
Speaker 6: But I can't.
Speaker 7: What do you mean you can't just told them about it?
Speaker 10: Who are you going to believe the policeman?
Speaker 7: Not me?
Speaker 10: Your mother?
Speaker 6: You don't give me much stress. What I love the mother. You got to believe that. I know that whatever the ditch you thought was about, I know you didn't mean the RDT.
Speaker 7: I know that.
Speaker 10: And you think I killed him too. Don't you Parry give me an answer? You think I killed Jeff don't, yes, money, well I did. I didn't think I meant to do it. I think I just wanted to frighten him. Was running around so much those transer was seeing careful women. I had to keep him home. I had to keep him with me. He's all I had.
Speaker 7: I'm not young.
Speaker 10: Anymore, Harris. He went away with and Alice. J is all I had. I didn't want him to believe and he was going to he had an argument. He was seeing the gun. I got the revolver that way. I knew that I'd always have him with me, that he wouldn't leave. I pulled the trigger, and I knew what I've done. That Jeff is gone too. I didn't know what I was doing.
Speaker 6: I didn't know.
Speaker 10: You got to believe that officely, do.
Speaker 6: You believe me that?
Speaker 10: I just wanted my voice. I wanted to keep That's all any mother was. I tried to keep my boss.
Speaker 7: What do you mean the story you have just heard was true? The name was Jane to protect the innocence.
Speaker 4: On September fourth, trial was held in Department eighty seventh Superior Court of the State of California in and for the County of Los Angeles.
Speaker 6: In a moment of results of that trial, p.
Speaker 4: To say, Curtis was siged and convicted of murder in the first degree and was sentenced to the State Penitentiary for Women to hatch Apet, California. While serving her sentence.
Speaker 6: There, she died from natural causes.
Speaker 4: Murder in the first degree is punishable by death or confinement in the State Penitentiary for life. You have not heard Dragon, a series of authentic cases from official files. Technical advice comes from the Office of Papa Police W. H. Parker, Los Angeles Police Department Technical Advisors, Captain Jack Donahoe Sargeant, Marty Wynn Sargeant. Fans Glaciers heard tonight where Ben Alexander, Herbella, Helen paid Witcnnor. Script by John Robinson, music by Walter Truman, hell get Me Speaking.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow sod Ford Drag now trubscribed from Los Angeles.
Speaker 7: This is NBC, the National Broadcasting Company.
Speaker 16: This is Andrew from Otirowesterns dot com. I wanted to invite you to come take a look at her site where we put on podcasts of old time radio Westerns. Check us out at o Tirowesterns dot com. You're listening to the great as of all time radio with Adam Graham. Now let's get back into the show.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, we had another one of those stories, which at its core is about Friday and Smith having to work through the wreckage of some very dysfunctional people. Although it's nice to see Frank Smith, that's the clue that really unlocked the whole case. All right, Well, now onto listener comments and feedback, and we start with Carrie, who wrote in regarding the Cloud nine episode. I enjoyed the Cloud nine episode, especially the lines about the squeaky door on Inner Sanctum being oiled by Frankster and Peter Lourie needing extra work because things were slow. It mentioned that this was a wbm FM broadcast and I was wondering how many shows of the period were broadcast over FM. After some searching, I found that wf WBBM FM was a simulcast of the AM station from nineteen forty one to fifty eight, so maybe it was not too unusual. It certainly made for a clean sounding recording. Well, I definitely I forget whether which series it was on, but I did You're a commercial where they were talking about the coming of FM radio and what that would mean. It's something we take for granted, but yeah, FAM been back then definitely had higher quality than that was one of its big selling points, and also a comment from YouTube. Wesley wrote, only discovered the old radio shows about two weeks ago, everything from X minus one to inter Sanctum. I've been going on something of a binge. Love this one. If you've earned a subscriber, many thanks for posting it, well, thank you so much for subscribing, and you can subscribe to our archives on YouTube at YouTube dot Greatdetectives dot net. Well that will do it for today. Join us back here tomorrow for another video episode of Dragnet, and then Monday It'll be not Be, and then next Saturday another episode of Dragnet on radio. In the meantime, send your comments to Box thirteen at Great Detectives dot net, follow us on Twitter at Radio Detectives, and become one of our friends on Facebook, Facebook dot com, slash Radiodetectives. From Boise, Idaho, this is your host, Adam graham Son and off