Speaker 1: Welcome back to Eve's Sports Radio, Tuesday, May the thirteenth, twenty twenty five. This is Eve Sports Radio. I am the brand. My phone number is five zero two five seventy nine hundred. That's five zero two, five seven one seventy nine hundred, Sports Talk seven ninety KRD. We've got Shannon behind the glass. We've got a nice day outside, not as much rain falling, so we're going to get some more today, but not this morning, So have a safe trip in and enjoy the show. So here's first and foremost, let's introduce Anthony. Anthony, welcome to the show. How are you now?
Speaker 2: I'm doing the novel this morning?
Speaker 1: How are you? And now? I told you when you're sixty six, I'm good. I'm being heard, not viewed. It's a good thing telling you toiletitia road goes fast when you get old. You just don't understand it. You'll see you creep through your twenties, Anthony. You walk through your thirties, you job through your forties, you speed jock through your fifties. When you hit your sixties and seventies, you're sprinting to the end. That's not a good thing, but that's the way it goes, Anthony. That's the way life is. That is the way it is. So anyway, I'm on that fast track. I'm trying to slow down Anthony, but it just doesn't happen. So enjoy every day is all I can tell people. It is a good deal. Now, Anthony, here's the deal. We couldn't get it on yesterday. I didn't know how to send it properly, so I had my minister, my boss was Gwyn Blackburn, hook it up and send it to Shannon. I want everybody to let me set the stage. Saturday, my oldest son gets married. Happy day, great day, I'm telling you, it was a beautiful day. And he happens to look at his younger brother and say, hey, I need somebody to do the toast. I'm glad he didn't ask me. He asked Anthony five minutes before, Hey you want to do the toast? Anthony? He's like sure. So I want everyone to see and hear what Anthony did. Nothing ready written, no cards, no telephone, just live shedding. Everybody listened to the toast that Anthony gave to his older brother. It was tremendous.
Speaker 3: When I was only here for about a year, Frank was here for a few months, so we had no friends outside of you know, Braxton and Adrian. Obviously, Mike put his handle back there. But we had went to a walk front and I said, when my brother I was just walking around, I think it was cool. We've never been in this before. We didn't have in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: And we were.
Speaker 3: Walking around and we were standing there and Frank tasks me.
Speaker 1: He was like this girl, mind he is so beautiful. And I was on me. I'm like, whoa. He was like, shut up, I'm too. I don't know. So I said, what's the cool day? I say something to us soil once in the lightetime opportunity, you may never see her again.
Speaker 3: He's like, no, no, no, And I was like, what the hell was that.
Speaker 1: I tried to push him into it.
Speaker 3: I didn't even do my pushups, pushed him and he didn't move by the inch I said.
Speaker 1: I said, okay, I'm on the week.
Speaker 3: Who I mean, I have a little skin so for I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't ut'm muscle. But anyways, he standing in his ground.
Speaker 3: I said, I wish I was strong.
Speaker 1: I might have hooked him up with something greatness.
Speaker 2: Anyway, as we went out through the entire night. As we're walking back to the car, We're walking down the.
Speaker 3: River front and he looked back and Macy was behind us. I said, oh, look at God. I said, first time didn't work. Second time this is timely the money.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, brother, this is the time to shine.
Speaker 3: So they start kicking it off talking you know me.
Speaker 1: I was kind of leisurely walking in the back.
Speaker 2: They end up kicking it off.
Speaker 3: He got his number, hung out. The next day we actually all went on a movie day.
Speaker 1: Fun fact.
Speaker 3: On the movie day, our car broke down on the corner a lot.
Speaker 1: We had a call Macy back.
Speaker 3: The team goes home, back.
Speaker 2: And off there the car start.
Speaker 3: I just gotta be the most embarrassing his first game.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, whoa.
Speaker 3: She came back and picked us up. I was like, hopefully that's not a bad sign.
Speaker 1: It might be the last.
Speaker 3: And all I can say from that is that the rest want to welcome you to the family, blessed to have you, and then everyone else will come in and I want to get them a toast everyone who raised the Drakes for I won't get a toast to the love of the stars and myself.
Speaker 1: Anthony, what a wonderful job. I was dying. I mean I was laughing, especially when the car broke down and they explained to people how the car broke down. What y'all did two hours before that? The rain your battery down? What happened?
Speaker 2: We might have been listening to music a little too loud in the back seat, but you know, Frank had those aftermarket subs in there, so we were sitting there. He didn't have a car on. We just had it in like the auxiliary mode, so only like the battery was running, and we had it on like full blast, and that drained the battery. It was like an the two thousand and four Honda Courts, so that the car was already kind of old as it was, and you know, we didn't really think that all the way through. So we're sitting there trying to show off in the car, playing music, and it's time to go home. We couldn't start the car. We were like, we're like, we're like when we killed the battery. I was like, and they and Macy and her friend had just left. I was like, well, it's like midnight. I was like possing them in front of receleeve he's gonna be pissed if we call him. I was like, man, we might have all Macy coming back. So we end up calling back, and they came back and got us, and I think the next day we ended up just getting it taken over because we were right around the corner from the from the Audi dealership. We were at like the AMC movie theater in Saint Matthew's. So I think we had one of the cansters come over and just swap out a new battery for us the next day and the car was fine.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, yeah, great job, Anthony. Great day though for these family Saturday. Welcome Macy to the family. So anyway, now, Anthony, look, let me just tell you all each sports radio, I usually keep it straight. Most of the time. I try to keep it straight. So we've had all kinds of controversy, and we've gone through different things. I've talked about your door. I knew that some of his antics with hurt him. I said that before the draft. I didn't think it would go to the fifth round, but I knew because I just know that certain things were going to affect and bother ownership groups. I got you, but I just want to read you all something because I want you all to understand, because you've got a lot of people that will live on that cliff, that everything's fair and equal. And I'm not saying that you can't get it done, but everything's not fair and equal. I'm going to give you another example. I want you to listen to me close. Bill Belichick six times super Bowl champions, six times, my book, one of the greatest, if not the greatest NFL coach ever. Got me. Ever, I still like John Wooden's teams. I still like the Boston Celtics, what they accomplished. I like those guys. But still, he's one of the goats of the business. And he accepts a college job, not a pro job, not with adults. Men that even if they're not adults, I consider them adults, and you treat them like adults. I did this for seven years. So what does that mean? That means Anthony Mason gets out of jail in New York we're playing the Knicks when we're with Charlotte. He comes straight from jail to the game, jumps over the chairs, puts his shoes on Paul's Alice, puts him in the game, looks directly at me and says, how long do you think I'm gonna play him? I'm sitting there going bright eyed, bushy tailed. I don't know but a minute. Then you're gonna pull him, he said, I'm gonna play him the whole day and game. I hope I can kill him out there, and played him every minute of the forty eight minute game. I think he played forty six. But that's professional not college. We heard about all the hype that comes along with Shador Sanders, Deon Sanders, all the hype, all the madness. You got me. We have got North Carolina University that has a twenty four year old young lady running around with go go boots on the football field with young men impressionable seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty one, twenty two, I'm gonna be legitimate twenty three, twenty four, twenty five, twenty six. Yeah, they're oldest can be now, but still they're in college. They're supposed to be impressionable. You got me the facto publicist. Let me give you her title again, the facto publicist Jordane Hudson for the six time Super Bowl coach. I have no problem with the publicist and the office, publicist in his office, publicist in her office. But we're talking about around young men. It's a zoo. You all know it's a zoo. But nobody's gonna say anything. Nobody's gonna have the real, real guts to call in with the vigor that they did on your door and talk about what's happening right now with Bill Belichick North Carolina. It is a zoo, a complete zoo. I hope he wins a lot of games for you all, Oh hope. Nothing equates in there's no guarantees. Got me, Nick Saban did go to the NFL. There are no guarantees he didn't win there. It doesn't mean that Bill Belichick's gonna win in college. It doesn't mean that it doesn't equate that way. It doesn't. But it's a complete, total zoo around seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty twenty one, twenty two year old men. You have people doing interviews and you have her interview interrupting CBS Morning Interviews, Coach Belichek. She's the publicist. Guys, he's plus seventies, she's twenty four years old. But nobody's gonna say this is a clown show. It is, without a doubt a clown show. Nobody's gonna stand up, They're gonna speak and start to ask North Carolina where they hired him and paid him ten million. I have no problem. He's accomplished, he has earned all ten he has a very good coach. Don't anybody say about athletes getting paid though, Please don't talk to me about that. Don't talk to me about the athletes getting paid. The last guy's on the totem pole to draw a dollar gets more irony than you know, ten million, thirteen million dollar coaches. That's okay though, that's all right. I'm fine with that. I told you I did make three hundred plus thousand dollars a year coaching in the NBA. My picture should be in every post office in America. I'm not gonna be a hypocrite. I told you all, I've stole more money into law a louse. But at the same time, you've never hurt me say athletes should not be paid. And for everyone that ran around saying that, hey, hey, hey Dion did it to Shador, well, why didn't it happen to Bill Belichick? This is a real zoo. This is not what university should represent. My opinion. We all have opinions just like we have You know what, we all have one. Since I have a radio show, mine counts I get to say it publicly. But I'm just putting it out there for you all. I'm putting it out for my listeners to evaluate. Put your door Sanders in one hand and evaluate all the things. The young man interviewed bad. The young man I was arrogant. The young man had a three plus GPA. Young man went to every class. Young man sat in front of every class, So did every Colorado player. Yes, that's fact. That's fact. Hear that best gbat I ever had football team. You don't want to hear that. We just want to hear the negative things. Young kid wore too much gold chain, has too much blame. Who didn't When you have too much money too early? Yes, it happens, period point blank. Most of us have never been in that situation, so we don't know how we would act. But we're so quick to judge. But now I got a seventy year old man that I know that wouldn't speak to the media in the NFL. You got me, wouldn't give you the time of day, got me, no problem, he is a goat, six time super Bowl champ, he was a winner. Everybody knows that I'm not a Brady fan. He is the goat. I'm just not a Brady fan because he's the best. Now, because I have anything against you, he is. Tom Brady is the goat. He is the best six round pick. He is the best quarterback to ever play the game, period, point blank. But I'm saying I don't like him. I'm just playing around. I say to my friends, I don't like he is, without a doubt, undisputably the best. But this situation right here at North Carolina University is a clown show, a true clown show. So what happens when the player brings his girlfriend in the locker room on the football field? What can't do it? Huh? What we got standards? Now we're gonna hear about it. He's too boisterous. What are we gonna hear? What are they gonna say? And what is the media and a lot of the people's social media, which we know is a true clown show, when they jump on it. Oh, it's just can't believe he's gotta be humble. Come on, So, guys, I just wanted to again express my opinion. I'm sure social media people will reach out. You know they do that. The phone number here in this show is five oh two five nine. That's the great thing. You don't have to agree with, Jerry Eve. You will never be disrespected on my show. If you don't save four letter words and inappropriate calling people out of their names, people will hear your opinion. So this is mine. I want to hear another word about your Doris Sanders, not one word, if you won't speak out on this zoo, this clown show, this university that pays ten million dollars who just put out I try to stay away from it. Once, y'all understand I try to stay away from it. Don't think that I didn't know. It's been out forever, guys, It's been out forever. But if you go to your ESPN on your computer, you click on college NCAA football, Got me NCAA football, and you start to scroll, you'll find out to where North Carolina says Belichick's girlfriend, welcome at school. That's today. I wrote this to myself last week. I didn't touch it. I thought I tried to stay away from it. Sometimes I'm like, nah, don't tell them the truth and don't show them the truth. I said, I'm not gonna touch it. So when it broke last week and really ten days ago, I didn't touch it. So don't jump up and down and said jerrys was waiting. But when I picked and turned my computer on this morning and read you NC says Bill Belichick's girl still welcome at school, and started to read to you all this defacto publicist. Come on. But North Carolina made it clear her role as Belichick's the facto publicist has not been impacted for her access to the football program. Get out of here, guys, give me a break, Get out of here. Well, I was talking about earning things, being qualified for things at twenty four years old. Get out of here. A clown show, that's all. I just wanted to let you all know that this goes on all the time, but people really don't want to step to the forefront and just say why. I don't know, I have no idea, but I know that Bill Belichick of old, if a player brought this kind of termoil to his program, he would have dealt with it. That's a fact. So guys, we're gonna get to break at seven, twenty one when we come back. Like I told you all again, five zero two, five seven, one seventy nine hundred. If you disagree, let me know, no problem. But I just want you to state your case and tell everybody why Shannon take us away. We'll be back in a minute.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the sports radio seven twenty five. When numbers five year O two five seven one nine hundred, Anthony, I'm gonna throw it to you. NBA's in full swing. Well, we've got interesting games, first round games. I enjoy second round games that frustrated me. I'm I mean, I like watching them. They're good games, but they have frustrated me. The coaching has really frustrated me.
Speaker 1: So let's bring everybody up to date with what happened last night. I know people did not. I could not. I expired before the end of the Golden State game. Guys, I just can't stay up dead late. Yes, I expired. My time ran out. I was Cinderella, the slippers fell off, and I went to bed. So anyway, Anthony, what happened last night?
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously that late night game, though Timbwolves did take care of the Warriors one seventeen to one without Steph Curry just not looking like a probable chance that they'll win that series. Obviously, I have no ninety five percent chance that Timberwolves will be going on to the Western Conference Finals. But on the Eastern side, I want you to put in your two about the Celtics, because I know you love talking about the Celtics. Last night, I think I heard it for about two and a half hours straight. They did lose that fight thirteen. But the player style, I think is what irks you the most.
Speaker 1: It drove me crazy. Joe Mozillo Missoulo, he has won a world championship. The Celtics have that team has. Tatum is a great player. Brown was the MVP. I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday. Brown was the MVP last year. But Tatum is a great player. And Guys, I've done this business my whole life. I've seen that. I would say ninety nine percent chance. He probably popped his achilles. He is Jason Tatum, as we know. I'm hoping not. But when you have those none contact go down like that with that kind of pain, usually usually it's an achilles injury. So they're so super good with these things now that used to end Nate Archieball. He ended his career with that, but they're so good with it now. He will bounce back to a strength. Kevin Durant. It's happened to numerous players. Kobe Bryant. I think he'll bounce back, but I think, in my opinion, we don't know until MRI is done today what's happened. But I would say he probably popped his achilles or tour his achilles partially. So we'll have to wait and see on that. But guys, fans would like to watch basketball. And if everyone remembers, everyone gave coach Crumb a hard time on he didn't want to shoot the three pointer right away. Even though people will never give coach Crumb the credit for little Dewan Wheat, who I hired to be my men's basketball coach, he was the three point shooting this player you've ever seen from Ballot High School. People don't want to give Coach Crumb credit for that. He's a second leading scorer in Louisville history because Coach Crumb did adopt they're a proper person at their proper time shooting three pointers, not just we're all going to shoot them. So they are world champions. The Celtics did. They have accomplished that, so did Joe Miszoo. But last night's game, I told Anthony from the first quarter, when Jason Tatum was hitting the threes and putting all the fingers up and all turning around walking back on defense, I said, they will get caught at the end. And I told Anthony, I just want you to watch this. I want you to educate yourself. The Knicks play offensively below the free throw line. They scored eighty percent of their baskets below the free throw line, and the corner three is the shortest three pointer in the game. They play below the free throw line. The Boss Celtics have three people standing above the three point line always even with seven foot Porzingas seven foot four Perzingas, and dribble around to the shot clocks almost expired and throw up a three. They're so talented that they were able to win on last year, not this year. I told Anthony from words say go, which I'm going to bring it back on after this, I said, they will be called Boston's up fourteen. I said, Anthony, as long as the next stay and striking distance, those shots will kill them. Well, next thing you know, third quarter Celtic except still twelve thirteen, Get your flagrant foul call, get some free throws, cut the lead single digits. Next thing, you know that nine offense, nine running fast breaks, not even attempting to run a fast break. I showed Anthony the Boston Celtics young athletic players. They got a defensive rebound, Anthony a step in. They walked them all up the floor. Three guys walked, I mean legitimately walked. They didn't even think about running in an early offense, getting their offense started early so they'd have more time to make the defense move. They all walked. I said, this is a joke. This is worse then tired sandlot basketball. That's what I watched yesterday. I couldn't stand it. I couldn't believe it. So Joe's a champion. He's not gonna get fired this year. I'm telling you all now, they start bad next year, he's gone in twenty games. And if he doesn't coach them offensively, he should be gone in twenty games. Because it was embarrassing, I mean completely from a coach's perspective. I couldn't stand watching them. So, guys, it's a tight game. It's in the fourth quarter, about six minutes to go. Celtics are up one or two. There's a turnover. Horford, who is six eleven seven foot played at Florida. Really good player. He's too old nine and he needs to retire, but he's a good player. He's a great guy. Instead of running down the middle of the floor to the front of the rim to shoot a layup, he took an angle out of the lane to when they threw him the ball, he's probably thirteen or eight feet away from the basket. As soon as he caught it, he threw it to a guy standing on the three point line who shot at three and missed it. Listen to me, guys, he had no intention of shooting the layup. He's seven feet tall. It was a five on four. Let me explain to you now. One of the knicks had fallen down. It's a five on four. He was the center. He had no intentions of shooting in the layup. No one was guardening. It's bad coaching, guys. The game right now in the NBA, the state of the coaching because the players don't want to be coached and the ownership groups are not allowing them. To be coached is a very difficult game. The Paul Silas, the Butcher Bears, that John Lucas is the guys that I worked for. But I had hard time coaching today, especially Paul Silas. It wouldn't have happened. I'm just gonna be honest with you all. It would not have happened. He didn't care who they were. We had Derek Coleman, Anthony Mason, guys. We had the toughest of the tough. These guys are softies. Bottom line is they play a bad style of ball, and I knew the Knicks would get them because the Knicks played physical basketball. They played below to free throw line, and defensively, they want to keep you on the perimeter. Allah, pat Riley, I'm telling you the old next team with Allan Houston. Let me tell you all the same. I've got to say this to you correctly though. Before we go to break, Anthony pat Riley used to tell them, first on, we're gonna own the paint, the lane, the painted area. They don't score in here, they get hit in this area. Then we're gonna get better and we're gonna inch it out to two feet outside the paint. And three feet outside of the paint and four feet outside the paint where people are gonna beat us from the perimeter. And if they beat us from the perimeter, then they earned it. We shake their hands, we go in. But if they come into our house, they're gonna get hit. Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, patri Ewing, You're gonna be felt, period point blank. And that's nick basketball of today. They're playing it that way, and Boston wants no part of the physical contact, period point blank. So Joe missoulu, you are a world champion next year, you'll lose your job in twenty games if your team doesn't play better, period point blank. Any finish up the NBA before we go to our second break, finish up, and truly without Curry. I hated that when he pulled that hamstring, he's not coming back. You cannot rush hamstrings. I told you all that that day. The following morning, it's over. He's gonna have to rest that thing for a month or two. Because he's old and he really plays and he runs, that's his game. He's gonna have to rest that for quite a long time. So that series is over. So here's the question. An ok se bad young men, Shae Gilders, Alexander. I mean, that's just a very good team. Defensively, they play well and I, in my opinion, the Minnesota Timberwolves. Who wins that series. Who wins it?
Speaker 2: It gets the next round? The West Thunder get the Nuggets.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think the Thunder get the Nuggets. It's two to two guys now, I told people, don't roll over on the Nuggets. They're gonna make it a rock fight. I mean, Joka is good. Murray is. He's hit or miss now since the Olympics. He did not play well in the Olympics for the Canadian team, and he has just hit or missing. He might give you forty and he might give you twelve. But if Murray is clicking, then the Nuggets can pull it upset. If he's not, the Thunder get him. But I still like the Thunder and the Wolves. If those are the two teams, who would you go with?
Speaker 2: I probably still say the Thunder. I think they have a little bit more diversity when it comes from scoring, offensive threats and size.
Speaker 1: I do too. I like the Thunder guys. I thought it would be the Calves and the Thunder. I said that before the season started, I mean before the playoffs started. The Calves, Donovan Mitchell, the Thunder, Jay Gillicks, Alexander that's what I expect. I'm disappointed with the Calves, guys, I just am. I asked George yesterday. George always tell you George loves to just try to take care of the players. That's his job. Guys, don't get mad at him. But I complete this agree. Donophan's got to do and help will his team to another series that they don't deserve to get. That's when you put him in that category with the greats of greats. He's a superstar. He's an NBA All Star. He's a top twenty five player. Know if ends our butts about it got me, but I thought, and I still think, now he's got the ability to go further. He has to be mentally pushed to that next level, period, point blank. So we have to wait and see on that. Because they're done, you know, I mean three to one, they're done. Indiana's going to take care of business and beat them. And it really surprised me because I thought it would be okay, see up and coming and Cleveland young team up and coming. But I don't see that happening an so anyway, anything else you have Anthony, anybody else and that you' like, what about Julius Randall? Thirty one points Anthony. Everybody thought that was an awful trade for me in the Minnesota. It's turning out for both teams. Your boy Towns with the Knicks are still play it and Randall and Minnesota State it's turning out to be a pretty good trade. What do you think? No, it is?
Speaker 2: I mean I thought the same. Being a first two, I thought that the trade might have been maybe a little bit of an underthrow trade. And the only reason why I said that is I was like, they're trading for a guy who's not the same, not more expensive yue than Karl Anthony Towns. They're in the same boat. Their skill sets are similar, except Coronthony Towns is three to four inch is taller than Julius Randall. That's the only reason why I wasn't so sure about the trade at first. I was like, Eh, would I rather have a seven footer who's probably one of the best shooters in the league, great postperson, I actually rebounder. They're in the same boat. Randall doesn't shoot it as well. He's been shooting better this season though over the last two years, so I won't give him credit around mask. But I do like Randall's physicality and his aggressiveness. I think that's the big difference making between the Timberwolves making and having a chance to making a little bit farther than the Knicks. To you, Carl Anthony tans, he goes through stretches return into a really soft basketball player, and he likes to play on the perimeter a lot too jumpers. He wants to post up fada ways on undersized guards. Randall doesn't ever do that. He does it sometimes, but his tendencies aren't as high as Karl Anthony Towns was.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah, I mean, I think Towns is a much better player. But you got to give rand to his due. You ever give him his due now because everybody thought, oh Minnesota's gonna drop. No one expected him to be there, and honestly, he and and man they had thirty both had thirty a piece. He had thirty one and had thirty. You've got to give round to his due. A lot of people have knocked Julius Randall, but we see what's going on. Guys and he's taking his team to another round. Guy's, NBA, just like the NFL, is the best league. We gotta get to break out. Now, I'll talk forever. We're talking about this seven thirty eight. Will be back after the break. Sorry about that shat. Well, guys, it's seven forty two, and if it's an eight o'clock job appearance you're supposed to make, Anthony, they should be close. No rushing out there. People's loved ones are out there. Take your time. So at, let's wrap this NBA up before we jump into some horse racing. I did talk to dal this morning early about what's going on Junior Ivare's and want to talk about that a little bit. But ending the NBA, Nuggets, Nicks, my opinion, Timberwolves, OKC. Are those the best four teams you think in the NBA, Anthony or were there some upsets or did people underachieve?
Speaker 2: I mean I forget the Pacers too, You can't forget about them?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh exactly, I'm sorry. Yes, the Pacers, Pacers and the Knicks in the East are the two teams I think play for that championship, which the Pacers did surprise me. And ok, the Wolves are my opinion. I know that Okac and the Denver Nuggets are two and two. I know that you will. I'm just predicted. I like Okac. I thought it would be okay se in Cleveland. You like those teams, and you like the Pacers. I don't love the Pacers. I think they're playing above their means in my opinion, I just don't. I think the Kavs underachieved my opinion.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think they're also quicking at the right time. But I mean, I've said it before. Indiana's the one team that doesn't have, I say, a real superstar. Yes, they have Haliburt News on the Olympic team, but I hate to say it, he didn't even play on the Olympic team, and he's low key like one of the most average all stars we've seen probably in the last five years. He's hit a couple of clutch shots. That's Who's why I'm saying, I'm not gonna throw himunder the boat. But at the same time, if you were to star a franchise, you wouldn't pick Tyrese Haliburton. That's all I'm saying. But they do have scoring equally distributed across the board, which makes them a hard team to guard because you can't just keep focus on Brunson or Donovan Mitchell or mainly an SGA. For most teams, they have that one guy that facilitates the majority of their offense. Tyres Haliburton doesn't even run point half the time Andrew Nimhart runs point or they give it to So they have other people that can initiate their offense, can pass the ball, can score it, can hitch to let and they can score it. And Turner can stretch the floor. Turner can go into the post. Sometimes he's his post game is is kind of bad. I'm gonna be completely honest. I don't like Turner in the post. I think that's gonna be improving.
Speaker 1: And he's a good defender, right. I like topping them and he finishes at the rim. I like people attacking that basket. He will attack that basket. That's one thing. And he's improved his jump shot. Indiana's deceiving, but just being honest with people as a former NBA player, and when you look at it, all NBA players look at it the same way. If you told Jerry's I got a guard a man, I don't sleep well that night you all understand me, Anthony Edwards, ooh no, he's a load. I wouldn't sleep well the night before you said, Jerry's you gotta guard Teres Halliburton. I'd sleep like a babe. That would not be a problem. I could guard Halliburton. But when you say guard ant man, ooh no. If you said guard Curry, ooh no, don't sleep good, Anthony. So you're correct with Halliburton. He is an All Star. He's a very good player. But as a person that's playing in the league, if I had to guard him, he would not make me sleep poorly the night before. There are players out there that would at the Edwards, that boy is a load. Shay Gildicks, Alexander, he's a load. Curry, he's a load. Honestly. Brunson is my style player. I love him. He's physical. He does it more off the dribble than I did. I did it more off the catch dribble. I would want to post you with a live dribble and bang you. But I love Brunson the way he plays. But Halliburton just wouldn't. So you've got to give the pacers credit across the board. And Carlile been a friend of Carliles for forever Coach Beard mentored coach Carlile. People didn't know what he did and he's a really good guy and a great coach. So congratulations to them. And it's forty six. We're gonna get to our last break. When we come back, we are going to talk about Junior Averrez, about what has happened and what Dale Roman told me this morning that he wanted me to pass on to our friends. Eves Sports Radio phone numbers five zero, two, five seven, one, seventy nine hundred. We'll talk to you a little bit about the Preakness one hundred and fiftieth running and the post positions and what Adale has spoke about with the punishment on Junior Avarez. Welcome back to Eves Sports Radio, Anthony forty nine. We've got about eight minutes and the show is history for today. So let me just let y'all know that horsemen are up at four three point thirty in the morning. They are So when I got up, I said, well, I heard George's interpretation of the whip. I said, I want to find out and since I know people, and I do know people now, I just sent a little text message to del Romans to get him to help me understand what was transpiring. I sent, to deal is a'veraz being mistreated. What he did was not a big deal. I said, Can I use your name and my show discussing it this morning? He says, use my name. Next thing you know, my phone's ringing. Dale says, I'm busy. I would call in, but let me tell you exactly what I want people to know. The whip, he says, is like the little styrophoam that you put underneath your arms at a swimming pool. That's what it is now. It's not the old leather that it used to be that did steing the horses a little bit. It's not. It just makes noise, it cracks, it taps them, but it does not do anything to them physically. It's like that styrofoam that you put underneath the arms when you don't want to swim and you want to just float. Is his exact description to me. He says. But the rules say you can only use it six times. Junior used it nine times. I said, are you against the fines? He said, I am not against the fines. The rule is the rule. I'm against the suspension. The two day suspension. He says, that's the rule. Everyone knows the rule. He has no problem with the fine, the sixty one thousand at all. I said thirty one ten percent of the purse three hundred and ten thousand dollars for winning the derby, and since it was the second offense, they doubled it. He said he had no problem with that. This is from Dale Romans, the winning his horse trainer in Churchill Down's history. He had a problem with the two day suspension. He said that was again sometimes he thinks Churchill Downs, but it wasn't Churchill Downs. So we get that straight again. It was not. The integrity group goes a little step too far sometimes. But he wanted everyone to know what that is that they're using when they're hitting those horses. They're not damaging the horses at all, period point Blay. So I wanted to make sure we got that out, Anthony. Now that we understand what it is that they are tapping those horses with and showing it to them, and horses are trained. Horses just react to things because they're trained that way, but it is not damaging them at all. So nine horse Racing, the Preakness, nothing like the Derby guys. The Derby has twenty horses. Anything can happen. Dale told me his favorite, of course, is journalism. He thinks that he will get it done. He does. He says second place, he thinks we'll go to Sandman. I said, okay, I think third place is going to go to pay Billy. If you all don't know who pay Billy is, I don't either. He's just in the fifth post position and everybody knows the fifth post position gets two dollars across the board from Eve Sports Radio. That's my college number, he says. Plase your bet and tell your ticket up. That's what the hell don't So anyway, I wanted to give you all one and two. Go Orient. It is in post position one, Journalism is in two, American Promises in three, Heart of Honor is in four, Pay Billy and five. River Themes is six, Sandman is seven, Clever Again is eight, and Goshap is in nine. Those are the nine horses and this year's one hundred and fiftieth running of the Preakness. So we'll be watching that Saturday along with the PGA. Anthony So, PJA, who's your pick? Anthony? Is it? Roy McRoy. Is it Justin Thomas who has won there before? Who's your pick? Who are you going with? And this year's PGA Championship Quail Hollow, Charlotte, North Carolina, seventy five hundred and fifty eight yards, it's a big boy course, Anthony, Part seventy one. Who's your pick?
Speaker 2: No, that's a tough one. I you know, obviously I own a roof for our hometown here, so I want to say JT. He's been playing well, he's been hot, So that's gonna be my pick for the PGA right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, he's won this year, great, first time in almost three years he's won at quil Hollow, so he is comfortable there. Roy mccroy's won there, I think four times, So Anthony, Roy's gonna be a hard beat if he's driving the ball with any accuracy. Boy, now that he has gotten the Triple Crown of golf off his shoulders by winning the Masters, that kid could go on a real run. He is just that talented. But you know it, Anthony, I'm going with Scotti. Now they didn't have to worry about getting locked up. Anthony. That happened to you last year at Valhalla. I know I'm going with Scott. I think Scotty is really good. I think he's way over do Anthony. He's playing well, he's won. Also, I think he's getting this game back in the form. He hurt himself. He hurt his hand. I don't know if he was grilling out or something, but he did something. So I'm looking forward to Thursday. I'm being honest with you can't wait telling everybody we'll probably be running the best of on Friday, guys, because all I'm gonna be doing is watching the PGA. A lot of people say, how do you sit down and watch golf all day? Easy? That's all there is. Do it? I mean easy, guys, It's I like watching. It's a very difficult game, it really is, and it's a lot of fun to play, and you're gonna see challenges for these players. The thing that makes it different is this. A basketball court is still ninety four feet the rims ten feet high. Guys. That's why we used to tell great coaches would tell you, if you do it and practice properly, you can do it anywhere because the environment doesn't change, does not affect you, it doesn't touch you. Got me. Golf courses are not made that way. Some golf courses are made for certain skills. Certain golf courses are made for right to left instead of left or right off the drive. There's just a lot of things that goes on with golf. So sometimes big hitters golf courses aren't made for. It's accrid hitters. So we'll have to wait and see. I mean Brian Harmon, guys, he stands five to eight and he could be in the top three in the last day. And he's not a long ball hitter. He's accurate. So there's a lot going on in golf. So anyway, great job. Atn't he shouting? Great job. We'll be back tomorrow, God willing, and yes, a real zoo clown show is North Carolina and Bill Belichick right now. In my opinion, East Words Radio, I'm out love you all, talk to you tomorrow. Bye bye.