Speaker 1: I lost my voice. There wasn't that nice? Hey, everybody, Well, I just watch everybody.
Speaker 2: Back to one.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. It's pap and Bravo Thursday. I've got Doug been here. I did have a little happening right as I was about to say hello to Doug. Doug and I have spent the last ten minutes talking about pill sorders and trying to get your office in order. And you know, that's just what you do when you're elderly. You just talk about.
Speaker 2: This is it when we're this is the age.
Speaker 3: I said to Mary, paying like, the most exciting thing is that I bought socks that have tread, so.
Speaker 1: I don't Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I got a chic pill case.
Speaker 1: I tell you, I've fallen for these chic pillcases before it and they come and either they're like metal, and I'm like, that's not going to work for my aesthetic. I like the one that you showed me, so once once it arrives, I'll take a picture and I'll post it and say thank you to Doug. Because Doug introduced me to this.
Speaker 3: Well, I googled like best or coolest pillcases, and this was the reco of the interweb.
Speaker 1: So okay, okay, I like it that you showed it to me. I like it. This is what you do, everybody. So we're going to talk about the Salt Lake City reunion mostly, Okay, have you been watching Potona because I have not? You have? I feel bad. It is the people in my area, but that's sort of lost interest.
Speaker 3: It's sort of local. I don't know, really, I don't know why. People, But what is it that you're not liking. I've been enjoying it. I mean that there I love a cast trip and they're on a trip now, and that's you know, continuing. There was crossover with Mauricio, and I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 1: I think I love some of the original cast. With some of these new people, I just don't feel a connection.
Speaker 2: With it takes sometimes you can't remember who.
Speaker 1: Is whom and what the story is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Tia, I couldn't remember who had been changing her pictures. You know that we saw a few weeks ago. Whatever. So now I feel like for me, each person has been defined. I sort of I know. Okay, yeah, but I've been.
Speaker 1: I'll catch I'll catch up at the reunion. Beverly Hills. I assume those are your local people. You've been watching.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course I've been watching. And again I feel like that's also getting a lot of criticism. But maybe I'm just such a loser. I mean, I'm fine with it. I really There are there are shows that I don't watch. I don't watch, you know, like this, so I'm not I don't look at the critic so some of them, but the watch I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like they're fine.
Speaker 1: I've seen criticism of Beverly Hills as well, but I'm the same way. I'm like, Okay, I'm enjoying it. I like to look at the wealthy people. I like the lighter, brighter Erica. I enjoy are. Yeah. I always love Sutton, so yeah.
Speaker 3: And I'm watching Traders, so I'm getting like Lisa Renna. In fact, I was just picturing Beverly Hills and I kept seeing Rina and I was like, why did I pictureing Renna?
Speaker 2: But it's, of course because I'm also watching Traders.
Speaker 1: You got the Traders on your mind? Yes, I love it. Traders is so good. It's so good, so good love. And I was excited because I was flying last week and I was like, Okay, I'm going to download Traders to watch, and there was two episodes there.
Speaker 2: I was like, yes, I didn't realize I was.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize I was one episode behind. I was like, oh, I have to wait until Thursday. And it turns out this last episode somehow escaped me. So I just watched last Threek's episode. So now I'm caught up with Traders.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, they gave you three and then they gave you two, and I'm like, oh my gosh, how exciting. Yeah, so Beverly Hills I'm watching now. I think you and I have discussed this before. I am not a summer house person. Are you a summerhouse person?
Speaker 3: I've been watching it since the very first episode.
Speaker 1: That's so surprising to me. Why because I think you never watched the original vander Pump.
Speaker 3: No, No, I did watch vander Pump. I think I watched the first two seasons or the up until when is it Billy like a trans.
Speaker 1: Hostess Billy Lee.
Speaker 2: Yes, that season was.
Speaker 3: I'm just remembering that character being introduced. That's when I stopped watching. So I think that's got to be at least three seasons or two seasons that I watched and I liked it, but it is I don't watch it now now I feel like it's too Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm not watching it now. No, and and I tried. I tried.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch The Valley.
Speaker 1: Oh, well you're you're then you're really missing something because the Valley is great.
Speaker 2: And there's something.
Speaker 1: Are you watching the Persian Valley? Yes, of course, Okay, I gotta, I've gotta, I gotta binge that. As to where we are now, because it's a few episodes out.
Speaker 3: I love Southern Term but I don't love South. I didn't ever watch is it Southern Hospitality?
Speaker 2: The Woman Love Are?
Speaker 3: I never got into that, but I love and I love Summer House and I loved Winter House.
Speaker 2: I love all the houses.
Speaker 1: I think I watched Winter House when Tom Schwartz was on and then we had one guy whose name will come to me eventually. That was on Family Karma, which is one of my all time favorite Bravo shows that I'm hoping they'll bring back.
Speaker 2: And I loved that show The Mothers.
Speaker 1: And the Great so good, so great, and so I did watch that Winterhouse, but I just couldn't understand, like, what are they doing? Are we just watching is it just like Big Brother? I just could not understand what is the point are they going to? What are they doing?
Speaker 2: I mean it was a nice little mix.
Speaker 3: What about this news of Amanda and Kyle are you are you surprised?
Speaker 1: Well be I don't watch it, but like I know everything, and so just from everything that you've heard, you know that that has been in the works for a while. And I did like in their statement that they were like, we do ask for privacy, and we do understand that that is rich coming from us, do you know what I mean? So, yeah, I appreciate that you could be like, look, I know we're asking for privacy, even though I know our whole life is on TV. You know, y'all, with so many options for weight loss treatment plans, it can be hard to know what's the best choice, who to trust, what to know about side effects, and if something's even going to work. That's why Hers offers access to doctor development treatment plans that are personal to you. Through Hers, you're connected with the medical provider who determines if treatment is right for you. If prescribed, your treatment plan is personalized to support you in reaching your goals. Plus, you can access a range of treatment options like oral medication kits or GLP one injectibles. Hers goes beyond medication by offering access to ongoing care, dosage and medication adjustments, lifestyle and nutrition tips, and twenty four to seven support with no hidden cost or membership fees, and with options starting at just sixty nine dollars per month with a ten month plan when paid upfront in full, Hers provides access to options that fit your goals and your budget. They even offer the convenience of one hundred percent online care with licensed providers on the other side who learned your story and create a personalized plan to deliver healthy progress that you can maintain. So no more yo yoing, just steady results. Turns to Hers for comprehensive personalized healthcare you can count on, from weight loss supports or growing thicker hair easy anxiety to navigating menopause symptoms, even accessing convenient lab testing Hers as you covered feel like your best self again. Visit for Hers dot com slash pink shade to get a personalized, affordable plan that gets you that's f O R H G R S dot com slash pink shade. For Hers dot com slash pink shade weight loss by hers is not available everywhere. Compounded drug products are not approved or evaluated for safety, effectiveness, or quality by the FDA. Prescription required. See website for full details, important safety information and restrictions. Actual price depends on product and plan purchased. Yeah, I sometimes I watch the Summerhouse reunions. I watched the last one just because I was interested in the Page and Craig of it all. And I'm I think Page is pretty fascinating. Although I've never watched her on my television, I just enjoy her.
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny because she's got a very popular podcast. Think, I don't know, I've never seen her outside of the Summer House show, you know, Universe.
Speaker 2: So Craig I'm now.
Speaker 3: Watching because he's still on Southern Charm and so that's airing right now. Oh yeah, I haven't seen Paige in forever, and she's not going to be on the upcoming season, I think.
Speaker 1: Right probably not. She's the podcast that she has is huge, like huge, like Crappin's levels huge huge. So you know, it's it's a younger set of people than then you and I would pay attention to.
Speaker 2: Don't marvel up chic pillcases that the people who watch those.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that that conversation we have for timnus would have no interest to the giggly squad set.
Speaker 2: Is that? Is that what it's called giggle squad?
Speaker 1: Giggly squad? I have heard of that squad.
Speaker 3: Like there's like Amanda and Kyle for me, like the heartbreak news is not about Amanda and Kyle, It's that crue Leaf is leaving Great British Bake Off. Like I saw that and I was like gun with all my friends. I'm like, pru is leaving like to me, so that I understand, like how that affects me?
Speaker 2: Is the equivalent for other? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah. My good friends Kimberly and Katie have a podcast, a Date with Dateline, and Kimberly's a co host here with Me every week, and they had a spin off show called A Date with the bake and they covered Great British Bakeoffs. So I imagine they're upset as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trust me, they are. Yeah, check in with them.
Speaker 1: I'll check in and see how they're doing. Well. Let's talk about Salt Lake City because we everybody, everybody is watching Salt Lake City, so we opened up with Angie with her scroll, which was something that bothered me because in episode one the scroll was sitting next to Andy half the time, but so they were piecing it out of order, and I didn't I like the continuity.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it was a rather odd scroll.
Speaker 3: Can we just talk about the physical nature of this scroll?
Speaker 2: It was a scroll on a stand and then you had to like cast it down's two pieces. The scroll was a phone number, like, was the scroll the screen shot? Yeah, Lisa's phone number.
Speaker 1: It was screenshots because when he unrolled it, you could see like the little pieces of paper sort of lifting, you know, or maybe they hadn't glued it.
Speaker 2: Is that some sort of Greek thing?
Speaker 1: A scroll?
Speaker 3: All I think of, like, you know, ancient Egypt and papyrus, and.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: Minored in history but went right over my head, don't remember.
Speaker 2: I'm taking a note Google the scroll.
Speaker 1: The scroll. So she says, Lisa trolling me, and of course I'm like a troll with a scroll. So we see this account, okay, it's called Candace Story seven, Okay, and Lisa's the whole time it's not true, it's not true, not true. So she's trying to show Andy something on her phone. He's like, okay, like enough, and Whitney's like, tell how we figured it out. This is important. So Lisa goes, I don't know what you're doing. It's a prop flop. It's a prop. It's a flop.
Speaker 2: It's a flop flop, so.
Speaker 1: Whitney says, and this is genius. Whitney says, she tried to log onto Candas story seven and clicked forget password, send password to the phone number associated with it, and then it pops up and says is this your number? And it was Lisa Warlow's number, But is mark.
Speaker 2: You just the last four digits?
Speaker 3: Because when you do that, it says we sent her to the phone number xxxxxxx with the last few got it?
Speaker 1: Got it? Okay, but still that's damning.
Speaker 2: Yes, But then Lisa and then she she apparently she finally h come to and said that's when that was my number or something, but they didn't really mine that moment they sorted that to me. It slipped by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, this is was her number? Yeah? And a she goes, this account's been shitting on me and cast members for years, the same canvas story seven. You know, she goes and here's another thing. I figured out. These ladies are all sleuths. I love it. She says. I made a post for my daughter's Electra's birthday, and right after that, Lisa sent me a text Happy birthday to Electra. And then I looked and Lisa had not seen my post because you can tell, but that other account had seen my post.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, that's I mean, it's it makes sense right, It's like a come's razor, like all things being equal, what is logical? That does make sense to me?
Speaker 1: M And then you know, Hea, there's like there were post from this Candice with details that only Lisa Barlow would know. And Lisa is just going, it's not me, it's not me, and and she goes, everyone knows it. Meredith knows it. And Meredith, Meredith and Lisa were such statues the whole time. They're like, I.
Speaker 3: Thought it was such a bummer, like the they definitely what was they saying like that Meredith is Lisa's mouthpiece and she's like, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I mean to me, it is. It's the whole time.
Speaker 1: They're like, did I hit all my subjects?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good job? You know, makes for bagging me out break.
Speaker 2: She's like, I got all my talking points thought essentially, is what she was saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they definitely had a meeting beforehand to make sure they were hitting all their points, you know, And who's to say I wouldn't do the same if I had a good friend there. But they haven't been good friends, you know, so like.
Speaker 3: There's the accountability, Like they both got sort of indignant and self righteous, but if they had, just if you did it, I would expect you to say, well, you know, Doug and I did get together just to make sure we were going to hit everything.
Speaker 2: Like you wouldn't get indignant and.
Speaker 1: Deny it, right, yeah, just I would never I speak for myself, like, no, you're obviously together.
Speaker 2: In a world like own it or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, yeah, yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 2: That behavior is the behavior, but don't make it.
Speaker 3: Worse by, you know, gas lighting or just being so self righteous.
Speaker 1: So self righteous. So you know, Heather's like, I wouldn't accuse you if I didn't know it in my soul. And everybody's yelling. Now you get this zoom in on Andy, which I loved. He did seem to sort of leave his body. He sort of seemed to something when he departs, Yeah, and he just got off. He just gets up and walks off, which was hilarious because they're all like, Andy, please go back, We're sorry.
Speaker 2: And no Andy, no, Andy.
Speaker 1: Mary's going it's not funny. It's not funny. So then there's some hullabaloo about a guy at Red Rocks that.
Speaker 3: So Andy leaves. He doesn't, I mean, he leaves and he just like stands aside for ten seconds.
Speaker 1: You know, I loved it.
Speaker 2: I want I want someone to like dress them down. I want them to be like, shut up, Yeah, you have a job. Unless that is there, it is their job to make such commotion. I don't know, like that's always sort of a.
Speaker 1: But one at a time, one at a time, he always says, one at a time. And then they just are so eager that somehow they don't think they're going to be able to make their points. So there's just yelling and it's just like if you could just talk and then you talk and then you talk and point counterpoint, it's just noise, it is. And then I as a person writing notes, I'm always trying to like pause and go back, because now I'm trying to listen to the under yelling, because on that last round, I listened to the over yelling, and I'm trying to write down both it's hard.
Speaker 3: It's hard, and the robot that has to do the close cap. I mean, you probably just kept garb more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it makes no sense. So there's a hall of balloo about a guy Meredith dated. She took a picture of him on a motorcycle at Red Rocks and she's like, nobody cares. Seth and I were separated, so that was kind of a you're on a break on a break. So during the break, Andy says, let's take a break now, Heather says, have you noticed like Meredith really doesn't say anything in Lisa's defense, which she really doesn't too much as much as Lisa does for her. And then Lisa goes in there to talk to Meredith and she's like, you have to be prepared. We're here to back each other, and Meredith goes everybody's just so obsessed with us. Sounded it sounded like something Brooks would say, didn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it looked so good.
Speaker 1: I thought they both looked great.
Speaker 2: Meredith's hair in particular, I was like, oh, she looks fantastic.
Speaker 1: Lisa and Angie were best dressed for sure. So on to Mary, Andy says that em and Mary n. Cosby stands for mediator. We see her preaching, we see her with their son, we see her trying to mediate between the women. And Andy asked her, of course, about Robert Jr. And what's going on, and she says like many parents feel with children who are addicts, like I'm happy he's in jail because at least I know where he is and he's safe. She explains that, you know his his wife, who's foll for divorce, has a restraining order against him, but somehow in his mind he thinks that she wants him to come save her, so he keeps going to the house. It's very sad.
Speaker 2: You surprised. I was surprised.
Speaker 3: I know I don't have kids, but I was surprised when Andy said have you visited him in jail? And Mary with she was like an immediate reaction like no, And I think she even said that would be weird, And Andy said, because you don't want to see him that way, and Mary kind of just went along and said yes, I didn't know. Is that did that make sense to you? Like did that resonate with you that you wouldn't even want to see him? I mean, he's clean if he's in jail, so and you know, presumably on the right road if he wants books or whatever. But what did you How did that sit with you that she didn't want to go visit him while he's in jail.
Speaker 1: I think her initial reaction when she said was no, that would be weird. She was like me in a jail, That's what she said, Like, like for me to go into a jail like that would be that would be like Julia Roberts walking into the Fulton County jail in Atlanta, Like, what are you talking about? We just did a we just did a show about the Fulton County Jail.
Speaker 2: Go visit people in prison? Kind it was.
Speaker 1: That was kind of her initial And then, like you said, he said, because you wouldn't want to see him that way.
Speaker 2: But I didn't know if that was a real if that was like a real sort of thing. I mean, I can't think. I don't know. I don't I've never would go.
Speaker 1: I would go.
Speaker 2: I would too. Have you ever visited somebody in jail? No?
Speaker 1: But I cover so many jail shows that I think I'd be great at it because I would know what to do, I'd know what to expects. But I think that I know people who have had children that are addicts, and they end up in jail here and there a lot, and then maybe by the third or fourth time, you're like, no, I'm not going like when they get out, you know, I'll see him then, And I don't know. I mean, I assume they're sending a lawyer over there for him and whatnot. But until he gets into a really long program, you know, thirty days is not going to do anything.
Speaker 4: No, you know.
Speaker 1: So they asked her about the documentary and I did. I interviewed the director and the producer.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, uh huh.
Speaker 1: And I watched it twice because I covered it, did a recap of it, and uh, you watched it, yes, it, Yeah, I it was too long, number one. But I did like that her sister was on there. I liked that the church members that were like her cousin and his wife and long term members of the church that were there when Mama was there, especially the one that was the family of the girl that she sort of was like. And she got ejected out of the window and woo, let's eat. You know, I found all that anything they related back, A.
Speaker 3: Lot of things sort of made sense to me. It seemed logical. Everything everything seemed logical.
Speaker 2: It didn't. It didn't seem like just an axe to grind from other people. Yea, yeah, yeah, there was enough perspective. I think I.
Speaker 1: Thought it was most people will disagree and they didn't like it so much, but I thought I gat some information. Now I listen. I still enjoy Mary Cosby on my TV. I think she's really great television. And my hope is that she's doing a bron when or any of these other women that we've seen trying to get away from a husband. My hope is that next season it'll be like, well we just thought it a divorce and he's going to keep the church and I'm gonna go this.
Speaker 2: Way, you know what a turnaround.
Speaker 3: Though, Remember that was at the I guess her first season she just was sort of first season, she was just sort of like this cooky aside. But remember when they awn camping? Did they go camping and she's stayed in the car with her McDonald's, Like she was so disengaged that she definitely has I think made a reversal. She's much more engaged and active part of the group in a way that she wasn't before, and I enjoy that for sure.
Speaker 1: Y'all know how much I'll love to go to concerts and live events. I love to go to sports events and music events. I just love to go to live shows. However, getting tickets is always such a pain in the keyster. You've got to get in those cues and the prices jump and check out, then the tickets you want are gone. All I want is to go to that concert or go to that game. The Game Time app gives the advantage back to fans. It's the hat for unlocking amazing tickets and experiences in a few taps. It's incredibly easy to use, and the game time guarantee means you can trust a bit one hundred percent authentic tickets on time and at the best price. Plus the fees are always included, so what you see is what you get and what you pay. Y'all. Game time is so easy. We're talking about finding those tickets in minutes. Before we came to Oklahoma, I was looking for basketball tickets for my husband and my son, just in case we would have a chance. The tickets popped up so quick, and I love how they also show you what your view will be from that seat. It really helps when you're trying to decide, like, hey, that doesn't look so far away, and then they show you that view and you're like, yeah, we're going to need to go down one level. Game Time loves fans because they're fans too. That's why they're committed to making the ticket buying experience stress free. They have the most flexible customer service policy in the ticketing industry. Game Time ticket coverage includes the lowest price guarantee, event cancellation protection, job loss assurance, and on time ticket delivery. And if you add like people or teams to your favorites like I just added Harry Styles, you can snag new ticket deals before anybody finds out. By following your favorite teams, your favorite music, whatever. Game Time app will give you these alert and you will be ahead of the game. So take the guestwork out of buying concert tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, create it an account and use code pink Shade for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again, create an account and redeem code pink Shade for twenty dollars off download the game Time app. Today when they were at the Trixie Motel and they were all sitting out by the pool, and I think Angi's like, Mary, do you want to come sit with us? She's like no. She were like, Okay, we are here to shoot a TV show. But right I'm into it. So Mary says, look, the whole thing hurt my feelings, but you know I'm tough, and Whitney says, you know a lot of people when it came out were really standing up for Mary. And Lisa goes, yeah, because it's old news, and Mary goes, I don't know why it's all resurfacing. People just maybe aren't used to a Pentecostal church, a black Pentecostal church in Utah, Like, I don't know. So then Andy asked Mary about when she said Meredith is not a good friend to Lisa. She didn't stick up for Lisa when everybody was bringing up this lawsuit stuff. And Lisa goes, Meredith and I have always been good friends, and Mary goes, oh, even when you called her a whore and said she slept with half in New York. Yeah, I will I don't care how many seasons we had. I'm never going to get over that either. Yeah, I would never speak to somebody again. Ever, we take a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, concile from that bad it's that's that was so or not even to reconcile.
Speaker 3: I guess listen, you could, you can share space with everybody to put your trust and your faith in and and respect to somebody, I would have a really really.
Speaker 2: Hard time, I think.
Speaker 1: And then Lisa's come back to that is do you want to go through the list of everything everyone has ever called Meredith or do you just want to fixate on me?
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't.
Speaker 3: Like the way she argues. It's not it's it's it's not good. Like I love to argue when you're when you know how to argue, But she just she just.
Speaker 2: Goes low and deflects, and a lot of like what about you know, what about is? And what about what you did? It's like, but that's not what yes precipitated is. It's about what you did. So through that, there's there's no awareness there.
Speaker 1: I think Lisa says she's frustrated or frustrated, however you say that, however you say that word that was interesting.
Speaker 3: Then maybe they cut out somebody correcting her because she said frustrated, frustrated.
Speaker 2: On how you say it, so she knows how to say frustrated.
Speaker 1: She just a lot of people say frustrated.
Speaker 2: We heard a lot a lot of people say frustrated. There's a lot of words library, irregardless.
Speaker 1: Regardless, bothers me a lot. Yeah. So Andy's like, look, it's people marvel at how you were able to get over that, like you know, like it was four years ago, but people marvel over how you could move past it. And then Andy says, Lisa, were you surprised Mary took your side on this thing, saying that Meredith didn't stick up for you. And Lisa goes, and Mary goes, Lisa don't care, Lisa cares about Lisa, and and she goes and Lisa probably doesn't even know what you're talking about right now. And Lisa is just like looking forward and they all laugh, They're like, look at her. She doesn't It.
Speaker 3: Was convenient, yeah, camera that, I mean, it is true. She's just like that absolutely not there.
Speaker 1: Not there. So but Mary says to Lisa, she says, and Whitney says, I remember when you too Lisa and Whitney said my church was a cult, and you brought Cameron on the show, and that's top of mind for us because we just watched the documentary. And Mary says to Lisa, you know you live in the negative. You're very dark. You're a very dark person. And Lisa goes, oh my god, where's this coming from. So meanwhile, this is when Heather and Angie are just like meanwhile, this is when Heather and ange are like, look at her. She's like a statue and she's just like, Okay. Now we see Britney mentioning the TikTok rumor about Seth and then we see you know, Brahmin and Meredith throwing Uni the unicorn in the ocean, and we talk about Merediths behavior on the plane, and when we see them all yelling in the George Washington wigs, and Meredith apologized to Brittany for what she did or didn't do, but no, they're not friends, and Brahman goes, I don't understand what the big deal is. Like marriages on the show were talked about all the time, but we don't flip out bully people. And so Brittany tells them that she yeah, she does have faith, she does have proof that Seth has been unfaithful. Seth told someone Jared, that he has two girlfriends, right, and Lisa says yeah. And Jared told all of them that Todd wanted to go to Dubai or something to get ed meds. And then we see Lisa at Amy's party trying to get Jared to repeat it on camera to Amy, and Jared's like, uh, hilarious, hilarious.
Speaker 2: He said, I won't vote for you unless you say.
Speaker 1: It is he running for mayor.
Speaker 3: He's running for something, but that if he if he said okay, he would be that on camera taking a bride.
Speaker 2: You're right, you can't. You can't accept a bribe when you're ready for office.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. That's a great point. So then they talk about why no one recorded it on the plane, and we do sort of find out that this plane incident did happen towards the end of the six hour flight on descent upon descent.
Speaker 3: Upon descent. But then I think Heather said the last hour. And I've been on enough planes to know you don't really start your descent an hour because an hours when they're giving you the chocolate chip cookie if you're in.
Speaker 2: The front of the plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, started your descent yet, so true descent is probably about twenty five twenty Yeah, about twenty five minutes before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said it was with an hour. And then Brittany, you know, makes it worre. She was like, the plane was in a nose dive. Okay, well that was.
Speaker 2: A little crazy too.
Speaker 1: She's a little crazy, you know, so they just you know, Heather's like, Meredith, you have ability to remember all these details of everything, but you can't remember what happened on the plane. Now, you remember what I said to you on the plane, but you can't remember what precipitated me talking to you on the plane. And Meredith says, I don't I don't want to hear this. Heather has screeched at me for two months and this makes Heather so mad. Screech, I just screeched a you fuck you. I didn't screech at you, but I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Start Davidson going beast beast. It was like, because it just goes screech, this is great.
Speaker 1: That really that really got her, And she says, our friendship is over. Should buckle up, Meredith, it won't be a fun ride. I was like, whoa, I enjoyed that.
Speaker 3: I that's a stupid thing to say, because then they're going to pick up the cameras again and they're all going to be like, I'm willing to look past it and give you a second chance or fifth or a seventh chance. I don't like I don't like those proclamations I'll never or yeah, I just I don't like.
Speaker 1: It because they have to film together. So if you like you want to end up like New Jersey and then you don't have a show when people refuse, you know, so if you want people to.
Speaker 3: Take you out your word, because the minute you say they I'll never and then you do it, then I don't trust you ever.
Speaker 1: Right, well not right? So Andy goes, Okay, should Brittany say what happened on the plane? And should Meredith say? Should we each get to say what happened on the plane? And Meredith goes, before we do that, I'd like to backtrack. I'd like to backtrack a little bit, you know.
Speaker 2: So revisit. I love I love a revisit.
Speaker 1: She's like, I'm going to distract you from asking me if I was on pills and then She says, if all of you were such good friends with Brittany, why didn't anybody get up to help her? And if anybody was so concerned about me, why didn't anyone say are you okay? And she goes, I did, and Heather said, I sent you a text and we see it like are you okay? So Heather goes, we should talk about the horrible things you said to her, the horrible things you called her. We're protecting you by not saying what you really said, and let's talk about what's not being spoken about, like horrible lies that you were yelling about Brittany on the plane and in the airport. So of course I'm like, what was it she was calling her a prostitute? Like what was she saying? I mean, well, was it?
Speaker 3: Well, what wasn't it the whole manicurist story.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think that's what she was. She was saying that she was yelling, she was yelling lies about Brittany in the airport. Was that the manicurist story?
Speaker 2: She said, before I talk about the plane, let's talk about.
Speaker 3: What led us there, Okay, anti Semitic, manicurist.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: That so that's what.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought, so that Meredith was saying, I protected you by not calling you an anti semi, which so I'll just do it here like that was the other like that we've got to do that whole thing about the anti Semitic manicurist who you know, Meredith led into her home.
Speaker 2: You know, but apparently did a good job on the nails. But that's what I thought they were avoiding talking about until they started talking about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess Marret is trying to say, I was already mad about that, and then you brought up that TikTok, and then that just fueled something in me. And when she got up to go to the bathroom, maybe she used her seat, and you know, when the Brittany goes to the bathroom comes back, there's wine all over her seat and maryag just like that didn't happen, and Marya's like, this is ridiculous. So this is when Andy's like, did you have a drink on the plane? And then she says she explains the whole thing about the anti Semitic manicurist, which is just like you couldn't make it up. These are these things, these like like the Haitian mortician, like you just like what, like it's in theaters next spring. It's just like, it's a crazy story. It's a crazy story. The manicurists posted something on social media terribly anti Semitic. Meredith, of course, is Jewish, and she was very offended. But the manicurist asked Brittany and Jared to write a nice review. They didn't know why, they didn't look into why, and they just did it, and then of course took it back once they realized what the guy had done. Because Brittany goes, I mean, it was the least I could do. He was doing my nails for free.
Speaker 3: Did a good job, or he did my nails for free? But she did also she started by saying it was in exchange for a post.
Speaker 1: In exchange for a post. And I like when they are transparent with stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I totally agree. I totally agree.
Speaker 1: Don't just be like it's a manicurist. We both knew. Just go ahead and say it's something you were getting for free.
Speaker 3: You know, said I do Meredith's nails, I'd like to do yours in exchange for a post.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: He followed up, and he said I've been getting bad reviews? Could you write a positive review? If he had said I'm getting bad reviews and it's because I don't like Jews, like then maybe Britney would be like, well that I'm.
Speaker 2: Not you know, I'm out say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So she explains it and she says, you know, she says more the ones I handled it the right way. I handled it the right way. And then when I talked to Meredith at the whatever that camp out think they did, she cried and I held her in my arms like a child like this, and they were I was like, okay, Brittany, it was so.
Speaker 2: Awkward, and they were like, she's putting on her acting voice.
Speaker 1: I was like, it's just always like one step too far, like we were with you, We were with you, and then you have to go and to do this holding Angie and showing her how she rocked her. And Meredith was like, oh my god, this is a good performance. And Meredith says that she does feel that the reason Brittany is attacking her is because she's anti Semitic, and they were like, yeah, okay, that.
Speaker 3: Was really far, Like she goes, yeah, I was like she picked me out of everybody else. I really thought that was I certainly don't know, Brittany, but that seems.
Speaker 2: Like a reach.
Speaker 1: It seems like a reach. And again, it's always just like we're getting somewhere with these conversations and then it's a step too far and then you're off the rails and people are yelling back and forth. Y'all. My entire family wears glasses, so I think glasses are as important as a haircut or your makeup or your clothes. They're one of the first things people notice when they look at you. So it's wild how buying glasses has always felt hard and impossible to find styles you actually like, Like you think you find something online and you get them and you're like, oh my gosh, these are outdated. They're like the wrong size for your face. And this is why I'm obsessed with Warby Parker. Seriously, nothing comes close on quality, price selection, customer service. My entire family currently wears Warby Parker glasses and sunglasses. I have three pair right now in my purse. So you need to check out the Warby Parker Virtual try on. It's a game changer. You could literally try on glasses from your phone before you buy, and it's crazy how well it actually works. I've tried other virtual trials that feel real janky. It looks like they're doing like a cut and paste. But with Warby Parker, you can genuinely tell how the frames are going to look and fit, so you don't get something like huge on your face or too tiny on your face. You just point your camera and boom, you can see tons of frames on your face in real time. I love it. And when it comes to quality for the price, Warby Parker is the best. Their prescription glasses start at ninety five dollars, so you can actually get quality and stylish frames at an affordable price. And they don't just offer the incredible prescription glasses. They have everything you need for happier eyes. That includes contact lenses, online eye exams, and sunglasses. It's all in one place, which makes everything so much easier. My daughter has her prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses from Warby Parker. Really cute. They also have over three hundred retail stores across the US. We have one right by my house. We love going in there. The staff is so fun and nice and they really know their stuf and mean. They will look right at you and say, girl, those are too big for your face. And you know, I'm always like what about this? What about that? And they're very honest and I love the people in there, So it's nice to know you have that in person option if you ever want it. And as you know, for every pair of glasses they sell, they give a pair to someone in need. Warby Parker has distributed over twenty million pairs of glasses to people in need through its buy a pair, Give a Pair program, and they're covered by major eye insurance plans. So when you're online, you just enter your information to see if you're eligible for benefits, and if you are, they will automatically apply them for you. Warby Parker gives you quality and better looking prescription eyewear at a fraction of the going price. Our listeners get fifteen percent plus free shipping when they buy two or more pairs of prescription glasses at Warbyparker dot com slash pink Shade. That's fifteen percent off when you buy two pairs of glasses at waar By Parker dot com slash pink Shade. After you purchase, they will ask you where did you hear about us? And please support our show and tell them we send you, and then Brittany says she's tired of being attacked and she's not a victim, and she storms off the set, second storm off? Who this like? Are we gonna get a are we gonna get a third one? The next episode?
Speaker 2: Off? And then she stops, Yes, I'm not a victim and then storms off again. She is a very very dramatic.
Speaker 1: Yes it was. And then that was the end. And next week, I guess we're going to be discussing bron Win's marriage.
Speaker 2: Right have do any of the husbands come on?
Speaker 1: Or No? I haven't seen any clips of that, And I guess we're going to have to discuss the Angie Lisa fight, with Lisa sending her assistant to collect the fresh wolf from Angie's salon, and then they were dusty.
Speaker 2: Last year, No, it was this year.
Speaker 1: It was yeah, yeah, so we gotta I'm just trying to think of like other storylines we haven't discussed, because it can't be another it can't be an hour about Brahmin. Oh, they're gonna ask Whitney about her marriage and she cries hmmm because she's upset that Justin had her do an MLM and then she lost the money for her company.
Speaker 2: There's a scene they show a clip or she's like I need a minute or.
Speaker 1: Something, and maybe she walked. Maybe that'll be our third walk off because I'm trying to figure out, like what else is left? I mean, they're definitely gonna show all the clips of Todd, you know, taking the cherry off the Sunday and just her saying like, you know, maybe we could just have an open marriage, and he's like, I don't want to talk about us.
Speaker 2: He's really unsavory.
Speaker 1: He's a grumpy old man, and the whole.
Speaker 2: A grumpy old man. He unsavory. Are we on the same age?
Speaker 1: No, let's look him up. I think I've done this before because I was concerned that I was his age Todd from our hslc age. Okay, okay, he's sixty seven. Oh, thank god, thank the Lord.
Speaker 2: He's nowhere near my age.
Speaker 1: Nowhere near my age. So but you know the story about him making out and farting, I mean, whatever, how embarrassing, horrible, how embarrassing?
Speaker 3: Who wants to talk about it and who wants to hear it?
Speaker 4: Not I?
Speaker 1: And then what do you think about bron Win saying I guess we are going to discuss this the next episode. Seeing Seth in New York with a woman that then they spoke to him. Now, if Seth was smart, he would have seen Bromwin and Todd walk in and walked right up to the table and said, this is my coworker, Susie Q, and then.
Speaker 2: Called Meredith and said, oh god, I just run into Bromwin.
Speaker 1: Right, But it sounds like that's not what happened, right, Well, what do you think of that? What do you think of that?
Speaker 2: I don't really care. It's not going to affect me.
Speaker 1: Do you not like Bronwin? No?
Speaker 2: I do like Bronwyn.
Speaker 3: I went back and forth, but now I feel like she's a little bit of an underdog, and I always like the underdog, so it's difficult for me to not have like a just find your endearing as the underdog. But I didn't like her in the beginning. I don't like when they just are just all showy, showy, showy, and I think she was, and maybe that is who she really is. Just in this moment, I appreciate her.
Speaker 1: I think that you could tell from her home to Core that that's just how she is. Yeah, you know, what I mean, like make.
Speaker 3: Sure her house is yeah, I can't is it contemporary? I can't really remember now.
Speaker 1: Remember it's all it's all like weird, colorful statues and then like very minimal furniture but then like perfect.
Speaker 2: But also her mother that that now I'm remembering. The other thing that sort of makes her an underdog for me is that that her relationship with her mother, which is very difficult to watch, very at least, so I think that also helps make her an underdog. And so because it's it is always so so difficult to see, there's there have been so many shows on Bravo where you know that you see the parents and you're like, oh, I mean Sultan's mother to me, like that, that's a really really tough relationship. And Kenya more uh yes, father, remember Curtis. I that I'm remembering so clearly because I just started rewatching Atlanta. You did well.
Speaker 3: Yes, Just this morning, I had their alter Ego photo shoot episode was playing from like season two when we we they got their alter ego and that's when they played don't be tidy for the party in the car because Kim fell at the alter Ego party and she was all scraped up and she wouldn't go inside for the reveal anyway.
Speaker 2: So I just started watching it again. But there, you know, like with meeting it, I remember when watching that when I first aired, and her finding out that, you know, the guy that she thought was her father really wasn't her father.
Speaker 3: I just you know, I grew up in a even though I grew up in New York City and it was very sheltered. I guess, like I I didn't have I didn't know people who had that kind of relationship.
Speaker 2: And as it turns out, as an.
Speaker 3: Adult, a very close friend of mine, at her father's deathbed in the hospital, his last breath was letting her know that he was not her biological and then he died.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true, true, Wow, and it when she was telling me the story, I was like, oh, she's writing this as a script, and she was like, this is what happened.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's shocking.
Speaker 1: And what did her mother have to say about that? Or was the mother also passed?
Speaker 2: No, the mother is alive. And I created a created tension and relationship.
Speaker 5: I would imagine, but he wanted he didn't want her to know until after he died because he raised her as she as the.
Speaker 2: Father, and so.
Speaker 3: She ended up then finding her real father who had passed away, but she became very close with his other children.
Speaker 1: I have, I have two three I have I know three people who late in life have gone on like twenty three and mes, you know, and they were adopted and found the you know, original birth family. Yeah, and are close with them now and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean it happens. So anyway, I'm sorry to take you on that. True.
Speaker 1: No, we were talking about Nanni. But remember like Ashley Darby had something similar, like she went to her dad's house and he refused to see her.
Speaker 2: Oh, vaguely. I remember my father as a big presence on the show. I'm not remembering her father at all. Yeah. And Nicole doctor actrinal Yeah, her dad, Yeah, I remember her dad and her dad he passed away. Yeah. Listen, parents, parents, We don't choose our parents.
Speaker 3: And it's really it's just heartbreaking for me to see, you know.
Speaker 2: And I come from a family with obviously, uh, there's a lot of service and drama in everybody's family. But at the core, at the heart of it, I grew up with two extremely supportive parents and when you see what other people endured, you know, growing up, or what they what they current the relationship with their parents as adults. It's just really really heartbreaking. And I know that a lot of times people are contemporaries will say, like I need to break.
Speaker 3: That chain, I need to housewives. We hear that, like I can't do the same. But I think it happens a lot because you only know why.
Speaker 1: You knew, Yes, Doug, how old were you when your father passed away?
Speaker 2: He died in twenty twelve, thirteen or fourteen years younger than I am now, very much an adult?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I didn't know. I didn't know if he died when you were young.
Speaker 3: Fell in twenty ten, landed on his head New York City, and he had an inoperable hem a hem a tauma atoma came in his brain. They couldn't operate, see, so he was home in the apartment and my mom they he had to have twenty four hour care, and so they brought a hospital bed and put that in the in my parents' bedroom, and my mom kind of moved into the guest room, but in their little apartment in New York City for two years, around the clock, care.
Speaker 2: My dad was mostly non responsive. I mean, oh a little bit. Yeah, it was terrible. I mean that more. I spoke to him. That was on his birthday that he fell. I spoke to him that morning. He had been on the treadmill, he you know, he was working out, he went to the office. It was totally fine. And then that night, so it was very, very sad.
Speaker 3: He ultimately passed from pneumonia, put him into hospice at the hospital because he had a d n R. And so I was there when he passed, and I feel incredibly blessed.
Speaker 2: I was able to, you know, hold on to my sister. My mother, and I were there and we said goodbye. We played Frank Sinatra, and I associate my dad's passing as really a beautiful experience, and I am so lucky that I was able to be there. It just happened to be in New York when he got pneumonia, and they were like, it's happening.
Speaker 1: So oh god.
Speaker 2: That was twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well, I just always hear you talk about your mom the widow, which is always it's funny to me every time when you call her the widow. But she's so you know, with it and active, you know, at almost ninety years old, and she you know, goes to work and does her thing and does her walking, and she's tired.
Speaker 3: She doesn't go to work, but she does walk between four and five miles a day every day in Central Park. And she's taking classes at Fordham and so, you know, at her age, it's very important that you do things to keep your brain active. I mean, she takes these courses at Fordham and I said, what are you taking me? And she said, I can't remember, but she goes, you know, she walks to class and she is able to engage in conversation with it's at Fordham. There's a program called I think it's called College at sixty or College after sixty and it's like adult edution courses. But it's on the Fordham campus which is at Lincoln Center, which.
Speaker 2: Is very very close to my mom's apartment. So for me, I just love that she has a place to go and that she wants to go, and that she's so physically active is great.
Speaker 1: That's really cool. Now my next question I'm going to ask you is, now this is interview Doug time. What because since you are you know, artistic in an actor, what is what does your sister do? Because I'm wondering if you have two artistic children.
Speaker 3: So my sister is an attorney, but she's not a practicing attorney. My mom and I are pretty much the only non attorneys, uh in the entire extended family. Like my father, his two brothers, Uncle Pool and Uncle Bobby, they had a law firm called Buden Buden and Butten and then swear About. And then Uncle Bobby's son Harlan, he became an attorney. And Uncle Pool's daughter, my cousin's Ally and Pammy, they both.
Speaker 1: Became Do they all work at Muden?
Speaker 3: I think now, well, people, most of the Budens did Harman's. Now it's a different from altogether. Then they merged with their friends and it became Buden Rieseman, Schwartz and Goldberg. And now it's Buden cup for Berg and Bernstein maybe. And my cousin Harlan is still there.
Speaker 1: Doesn't roll off the tongue.
Speaker 3: No, But and my mother's father, my grand grandpa George, he was an attorney, so it was natural and they all all of the Budens, and I mean I think it's about nine or ten, they all went to Brooklyn Law. And when my cousin Pam, who was the youngest one to graduate from Brooklyn Law, when she graduated, it's it's sort of a tradition of Brooklyn Law, like if your sibling or parent went, they get to confer your degree or diploma on the stage.
Speaker 2: And cousin Pam, because my mom and I were there, they said, you know, Pamela Buden receives her Juris doctorate from sister Allison, class of whatever.
Speaker 3: Cousin Laura, my sister, class of whatever. Cousin Harlan, father Paul, uncle Jay, and lady said ladies and gentlemen, the Budens, And it was like my whole family up on the stage except my.
Speaker 2: Mom and me.
Speaker 3: So she she then practiced law. Most of them went into They were like, like, my cousin Pam was an a DA like out of law and order. She's in the public Is that a public assistant district attorney?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a public defender in Brooklyn. No, if you're a district attorney, that means you're a prosecutor.
Speaker 2: Right right.
Speaker 3: Most of them had tried cases in front of Judge Judy at one point or other. That was like a big Buden Badge of Honor that all had to appear in front of Judge Judy. But my sister now has like a corporate job. She works in Westchester where she lives, and she has more of a corporate like hybrid where she can stay home a couple of days a week and has to go into the office a couple of days a week.
Speaker 2: They met in law school. My brother in law is also an attorney.
Speaker 1: They should name a building or something there a Brook Law. It should be that to pay for that, Well, yeah, you have to pay for that, but you know there's enough lawyers there that everybody, everybody could throw in a couple of grand and slap your name on a bathroom or something or stall. Still just something, just something.
Speaker 2: Bench.
Speaker 3: She asked me to get a bench named after her in Central Park, and you know that's when you go to Central Park. Every single bench has a little plaque on it. But it's hugely expensive. I want to say fifty grand, but that that sounds even maybe it was only fifteen.
Speaker 2: Whatever it was. I was like, I don't have that, and I.
Speaker 3: Could just go to Amazon and order a plaque and I'll just double tape, you.
Speaker 2: Know, stop it and take a picture and be like, here, mom, here's your bench.
Speaker 1: Just you don't don't do that by your mother the bench. Parma, I agree, you got to get your mom the bench. There's a bench at the University of Oklahoma where we were this weekend celebrating my father in law's birthday. There's a bench there that has his name and his wife's name on it. Yeah, and so you go and you look at the bench and you point to the plaque and you take a picture.
Speaker 2: I love it. I think it's wonderful. I think.
Speaker 3: All the benches are spoken for in Central Park already. So I'm sure you go on some sort of weight list, but it truly it was like a cost prohibitive.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I don't have it.
Speaker 1: I said, get on the wait list and tell your mom for her ninetieth birthday that you're on the wait list and you're trying to do it. And now your time may come off the wait list, and you'll say, put me back on the wait list. But she doesn't have to know that part, and she's not going to listen to this. No, that's true, that's true. Doud tell me what all you're doing, because I know you're on Jeff Lewis Live a few times a week and you're doing cooking kibbuz and what else is going on?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's basically it. I mean, I have like my regular work, I do the radio. I love doing cooking kibbits. I'm planning a vacation for late spring to go to Europe with see. My best friend who moved to Rome is Sal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sal Sal moved to Rome.
Speaker 3: Sal moved to Rome and wow it's been it's been very tough. But yeah, he moved to Rome and I'm gonna go visit him there. Uh, and then he and I are taking each other away for our birthday. So we're we're choosing right now between Croatia, which I've never been to but he's been, or Finland, which neither of us has been to before.
Speaker 1: Of our Croatia is just incredible, yeah.
Speaker 3: Same, But you don't want to go in the summertime because it's just to overrun with tourists.
Speaker 2: And cruise ships. Yeah, and too hot. So depending on when we go, maybe that will help decide. But he's also he's already been to Croatia, so I may have to save that for a different trip. I'll just take myself, but I have been wanting to go to Finland for many years. I love I love Scandinavia. I spent a fair amount of time in Sweden, sometime in Denmark, and just like two days of Norway, but Finland zero, so I'd like to check it out.
Speaker 1: You're very well traveled, and anybody that listens to you on the radio knows that you know all about the airlines and whatnot. And sometimes I wilsend dug a picture of my meal if I get a meal on a plane.
Speaker 2: I love to travel, I really, you know, it just reminds us of how big the world is, also how small the world is, But just seeing how different people approach life, and how you know, when you go to I don't know in China, how the mailboxes look different, just how different life can be everywhere else. It makes me both appreciate sometimes things that we have here that we take for granted, but also just how small minded we can be in our approach to things, just how different people do different things. Really just experiencing it through someone else's life. And that's why I always love to go to a farmer's market or definitely a small grocery store, even a big grocery store when you're traveling around the world, just you know, like I remember Sala and I were in Lisbon. We went to a grocery store and there were like three aibles of ten fish.
Speaker 3: We just we would never have here, and you know, so I just I find it fascinating.
Speaker 1: Well, and other people come here and they can't believe that we have choices of milk or ketchup or things like that. They're like, why would you have so many choices of these things? I'll tell you that Ingrid, You know Ingrid. We she went. She's gone twice now on these like big European cruises with their parents. So she goes as sort of you know, they want her to go. So she's you know, her people are Norwegian. She's from Minnesota, and they went to Norway on this last cruise. And first of all, she made a funny joke which was like I'm going to just stay here and claim political asylum because they have to accept me. My name is Ingrid. But she said in Norway that what they do in the winter months is this, the government will pay you to start a club. And if you start a club like a knitting club or a majong club or you know checkers. The government will fund your club because they want you to get out of your house and do things and be with other people and not hole up indoors when it snows so much. So she's like, can you imagine, you know, and it's also dark, yeah, and so dark that they want you to they want you to keep your mental health.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it bright. You know, in northern Europe in winter time, it just doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: And I was so fascinated by that. I was like, wow, it's like, yeah, it could be a wine tasting club. They don't care as long as you're doing something to interact with other people. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean that's the thing is like. Then they don't think twice about it, but to us it's crazy. Or the same thing in those Scandinavian countries where the parents get a year of maternity and paternity leave. Yeah, you know, there are a lot of pros and a lot of cons. I remember we were in Sweden and everybody was talking about how, you know, they got their free education and they get their free healthcare. And we ordered a round of drinks and we were like a dive bar and around it it was like a couple of hundred dollars and like beers, and they said, oh, yeah, well the tax on alcohol is one hundred percent, things like cigarettes and alcohol, and I guess some other things are one hundred percent because they say, you're like paying for the healthcare in advance that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so that's I hope I never lose the wonder of traveling around the world, you know, wherever I go.
Speaker 1: I know, I hope that too, because I'm always if I'm ever thinking about going anywhere, I know that you're the person I can ask because you feel like you've been almost everywhere.
Speaker 2: The research it.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's the thing. Think of all. I've still never been to Key West in Florida.
Speaker 1: That is so crazy that you said that, because I have an either my husband's been a few times. He has a work trip he does there, like you know, every year or so, and I've never been. But now you're going to love this. So for Ingrid's fiftieth birthday, she's just turning fifty this year, a group of us, six or seven of us are going on a virgin cruise. Yeah, because we were just like, well, it's easy, it's not like crazy expensive. It's not like gross like Carnival, and it's all adults. It'll be fun. So a bunch of us are going. We can each get our own room, which I'll love. You have to share. I'll just be an adult. But the first office, Key West, Okay, you have to. You're so excited.
Speaker 2: A friend of mine from high school owns a restaurant there. Okay, it's like a breakfast lunch spot.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never and I've never been, and every time somebody tells me they're going to Key West, and I say, go, say hi to Susie at the breakfast club two toh, and I love when people do, and they'll send me a picture because Susie and I were friends in high school and now she and her husband have this very successful you know. It's like a diner, like a like a casual breakfast eatery. Okay, but it's really on my list.
Speaker 3: And the problem is everybody I know has already been, and they all say, you would hate it. You're not gonna like it, it's not you're scene, but I still want to experience it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna we're literally doing like get on a hop on, hop off bus because there's we're only there a few hours. Yeah, and so we're like, why not, we don't know anybody. We're not going to be embarrassed. We'll just hop on, hop off.
Speaker 2: Give me your other ports of call.
Speaker 1: The others I'm telling you is one of these really tiny things. The other one is in Bimini, and that's where they have like their private islands, and you just go to the private island for the day and otherwise you just float around to the ocean.
Speaker 2: Don't say just Bimini, Like, that's not where Danielle Stow had her wedding or her bachelorette party.
Speaker 6: You know, you're right, it's her wedding with a big was it was it her wedding they all went and it has and they decided to play that joke on Marty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the guy she was marrying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were like she's a pull both or whatever, and then he got angry and they're like, we're just kidding, We're just trying to but they really weren't kidding, and she was a bridezilla.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is this when Margaret was like, your husband's in the pool, No.
Speaker 2: Your husband's in the pool.
Speaker 3: Was back in Jersey, Okay, this was when Yeah, it definitely was inbimity because it just flew into my head. PS I was on the phone. I was on the phone with a friend of mine today who reminded me that I reset his password for something and his password is your husband's in the pool on three and that that was because for whatever reason, I was resetting his password because he couldn't do it, and then he was going to log in to change it to something else. But what I said it to is your husband's in the pool one, two, three, And he said he never changed it. So that's fast word.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad idea actually for passwords, because you constantly have to change. You could just be like, it'll just be different. Bravo quotes.
Speaker 2: I use phrases for mine.
Speaker 1: My father in law password used to be on his WiFi because he's a geologist. Rocks are the stuff from which the earth is made. That's too long, and you try to do that on your iPhone, You're like, oh damn it, you know, yeah, God.
Speaker 2: Forbid on your like TV where.
Speaker 1: You have to you know, move Doug. That's going to be the downfall of our generation, is that doing it on the TV.
Speaker 2: You have to go.
Speaker 1: If there's one of my kids around. I hand it to them and they can do it so fast, and I'm like, em.
Speaker 2: A, where's back? And then I now have to switch to all caps?
Speaker 1: How do I switch to cat? Oh my gosh, this is going to be This will be the downfall of our generation. Between that and the remote that you can talk into that doesn't understand my accent. It's like, forget it.
Speaker 3: I just got a text Lap Corp Billing. See, I feel like this could be a scam.
Speaker 1: Well did you recently have any blood work done?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, I was in the er though.
Speaker 1: There you have it.
Speaker 2: That's Cedars.
Speaker 1: No, that's it's lap Corp. That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Here's what it says.
Speaker 3: It says lab Cork Billing Services. Welcome to lab Corp Billing reply, help to help stop to opt out.
Speaker 2: There's no other message, though.
Speaker 1: I would wait and see if you got an email where you click to pay the bill. All right, Doug, how is your kidney stone question mark?
Speaker 2: Growing? So I passed one.
Speaker 3: I passed the five millimeter, but I still have a nine millimeter stone in my left kidney, which is too big for the human body to pass. So I'm going to have it an electro shock, but it's e s WL. I forget what it's saying.
Speaker 1: Break it down.
Speaker 2: So you lay on the bed.
Speaker 3: They put you out well, because the doctor said, we can't. He's like, even if you take a deep breath, because obviously you can't move. And he said, even if you take a deep breath, all of your organs in your body sort of move. And he said, we're we're sending a shock wave strong enough to pulverize a rock. So if we hit something, we don't want to imagine what it would do to your organs. So they put you totally out, and then they zap it with this sound wave that will, in best case scenario, pulverize it to grains of sand, which I'll just pee out. Less ideal will be grains of sand and fragments which I'll just have to hass as very small kidney stones.
Speaker 2: Least ideal would be that doesn't break up at all. And that's it. Oh, February twelve.
Speaker 1: I'm going to write that down so I can make sure that I check on you that.
Speaker 2: Day from tomorrow surgery. I have to be there at five thirty in the morning. Oh, here it is. It stands for extra extra corporeal shock wave LIT the tripsy and retrograde in triinal surgery.
Speaker 1: E sw l Okay, I'd be under before what.
Speaker 2: Just for a colonoscopy when they give you that little propofol.
Speaker 1: But I'm going I'm going under on Friday. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I've never had surgery. What are you doing.
Speaker 1: I get these back injections where they go in and they and you're only under for like five minutes. So they put you under so they could do like a dal or nerve inblasion or something. It's great. I love it. And then you can just sleep for like a couple hours when you get home. It's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they said this is general I don't know what they use for general anesthesia, but whatever it is.
Speaker 1: That you'll be under. Oh Doug, I'm excited for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then and then I go home that day.
Speaker 3: They yeah, I can't drive myself, so I have a friend who's going to pick me up. And then in theory again, if all goes well, when I wake up, I'll just They said, there may be some blood in my urine for you know, up to a couple of weeks, depending on what is.
Speaker 1: Oh, my gracious Doug, it is, but it is.
Speaker 3: But remember to send me your home address so I can have one of these into Doug.
Speaker 1: Do you have an Amazon list like I have an Amazon list?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have you put that on there? No?
Speaker 2: I guess I should. You should that way to Amazon dot Com, slash shop, slash Doug beautiful. It's mostly cooking, kid it stuff. Yeah, when I use something specific or a certain potter pan. But I put my bird buddy in there. Maybe I did put this. I don't think I did. I only got this on Monday. Okay, yeah, I try, especially because people will.
Speaker 3: I have been copying and pasting to people's dms, like you know, what is that bird buddy or what is that humidifier you were talking about? And then somebody showed me how to do it on Amazon, so then I can just.
Speaker 2: Send one link. Yeah, I need to copy. I need.
Speaker 3: I don't need to go to Amazon find it, copy the link and paste it. I've been doing that for every single person, and now it's much easier.
Speaker 1: It's hard to be an elder influencer like you are.
Speaker 2: Thank you, dearie.
Speaker 1: Everybody make sure there say that again.
Speaker 2: I'll point out you're older than I am still there.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't need to talk about that. You guys, make sure you're following Doug beaton at Doug. He's very funny, he's a full delight. And on Thursdays you can watch him on at Cooking Kibbitts that one day I'm hoping to be on.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, when you're in La.
Speaker 1: Next time I'm in La, I'm coming over and uh that's it. Make sure you're following me at Pink Shade Pod And this has been Kidney Stone Talk with Mary pay and Dog.
Speaker 3: I think you were the first podcast I ever went on.
Speaker 2: Weren't you?
Speaker 1: I think I was. And we did it at the Mosaic Hotel.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think I had ever been on a podcast before twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think you were the You're my.
Speaker 1: First, not the last, not the last.
Speaker 2: All right, So good to see you.
Speaker 1: So good to see you. Everybody, make sure you're following Doug and following me to start. Okay, okay, bye b