Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: The following is a paid program.
Speaker 1: Wor's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. We're going to talk about music today. Music and memory. They're highly linked. Many people love music, and we love singing in the shower, singing in the car, playing music at parties and weddings, and you know, all these fun events, barbecues and holidays, and people go to concerts. People have you know, they joint choirs and choruses and bands. It's a lot of music makes many people happy. And you've noticed that you can memorize all the words of a song. You might forget the person just met last week, but you remember every single word of that song. That you love. Music and memory. We use music a lot in our practices in New Jersey, New York City virtually because it helps stimulate the brain. Music triggers memories. You can hear a song from the past and it can instantly bring back vivid details. You know exactly where you were, who you were with when you hear that song, or have songs or linked to movies, you remember the movie scene when that song came on and the emotion that came to you. People could learn a lot when they listen to music, especially certain types of music such as classical bineural beats. You can improve focus, retention and improve memory. We used to play classical music to my children when they were in the womb, so my wife's belly, we would put a little microphone on there. It was pretty cool actually had this device where would play the classical music. But then we also could listen and there was like a stethoscope and you could listen inside and you can almost listen to the baby laughing and dancing and giggling. They love the music. And both of my kids are extremely smart, and that credit a lot to the classical music that they had in the womb. That's the most important time the baby's brain development is in the womb. There's literally nothing more important. And there's it starts with two things, a sperm and an eck. And when I decided to have children. I knew this, and I said, I'm gonna give the healthiest sperm ever. So months leading up to it, just two months, I was as healthy as possible. I worked out every day, I drank all the water. I didn't have any sugar, bread and dairy, and all the bad stuff stayed away from it. All the good stuff got good sleep, we do stress, got sunlight, oxygen breathing, worked on my posture, worked on my memory, worked on my balance, did visual exercise, hearing exercises, smelling exercises. I created a superhuman sperm. Same thing with my wife. I made sure she was, you know, not stress, tried to reduce her stress. She exercised, ate healthy, went to bed early, and contributed to life, helped others. And then she gave this super egg. And both times we literally got pregnant on the first dry. I mean, when you do everything right, everything happens. And I see a lot of patients for fertility issues, females trying to get pregnant, men trying to increase their sperm motility. When your body functions better, things are gonna happen. Stress is a big part of it, though, so a lot of times you've got to reduce the stress, the emotional stress, and then when you do get pregnant. Now you got this sperm, the super egg. We're pregnant, all right. Now Dad's job is to make sure mom's not stressed, because if mom is stressed when she's pregnant, baby's gonna be born already stressed. If mom is anxious, baby's gonna be anxious. If mom is taking pills, drugs, I don't care. If it's tail and all the baby gets that radiation, all those ultrasounds. Baby gets that, but it gets it much more powerful. All right, So don't do any bad stuff, don't have any stresses, get the proper rest. Eat the healthy food. I see all these women. Oh I'm eating for two. Sell me a pizza, ice cream, fried chicken. No, you could eat more food, but as long as its more healthy food. And you know, the healthy food is just food from the earth. That's the healthy food. Don't complicate it. You don't have to do paleo. You don't have to do keto, you don't have to do adkins. To be a carnivore diety, you don't have to be a vegan. You don't have to count calories, weight watchers. You don't have to do according to your blood type. You don't have to do it, you know, according to anything. All that matters is you eat whole foods, real food from the earth, like they've done for thousands of years, the colors of the rainbow. To get all your nutrients, a variety of whole food. Don't eat the same thing every day. I don't care what it is. Variety. Drink your water, especially when you're pregnant. Your brain, when it's hydrated, driveles up to a raisin. So if you're pregnant and you're not drinking enough water, your baby's brain driveles up to a raisin. It's not a good way to be brought into this world. No stress, healthy diet, physical exercise that gets the blood flow, the oxygen. I see a lot of concussion patients and they tell all these concussion patients to rest. No, you just sit in bed all day. You're not getting any blood flow. If you have a concussion. We need blood flow, we need oxygenation. Now, we can't overdo it. So most of my concussion patients, we have to be very careful. So they it's why they come to me for the guidance, you know. But we get them walking moving, then we get them running, then we get their heart beat and going fast, a little sweaty, but we got to gradually build up to it. But we need blood flow, we need oxygen. Oh, and my wife was pregnant. It was the best. She never seen her walk so much. She never took the subway, the bus, she didn't drive. Everywhere. Everything was movement walking. She would take the steps instead of the escalator. I mean, it's always movement. It was great. That's why she had pretty easy Earth processes. Both vaginal births super quick, few hours. First one twenty minutes. The second one. I missed it. It was so fast. They're both very early too. You know, when people are ready to get birth, they get birth. My kids were but four weeks early, six and a half weeks early, very early, but very healthy. Great appcar score, everything was was great. You know, sometimes they're late. That's fine too. This doctors intervene too much. If it's early, it's early, it's on time. It's on time. If it's late, it's late, everything's fine. Let the human body do. Your body's very smart, knows what it's likes, and it likes music, but it doesn't like, Oh, if I'm pregnant, let me pop the water, let me give a drug to induce contractions. Come on, you think that's gonna be healthy for the baby's brain. Oh, classical music is good for the baby's brain. We don't want the first thing to enter into the world be a trauma. There's nothing more important than a than a person's development of how the brain was when their mother was pregnant with them in the womb. So play some music for those pregnant women. Play music. Play music for those kids. Play it for the adults. We all need it. For the senior citizens, you know, they want to improve memory, play music. You know, the rhythm is important. Get people to clap to music. The rhythm and the patterns and music help with memorization. That's why we remember those lyrics in the songs. And I love this. I do like all these brain exercises with music. I do eye exercise with it. I do these little ross crawl exercises with it. So we can use music. We can use music to improve our brain function. It's really cool and it's been literally proven in the neuroscience to help with Alzheimer's and dementia patients. People always ask me what's the difference between Alzheimer's and dementia. So dementia is basically memory loss, but it could be caused by Alzheimer's disease, which is these building of these bait amyloid plaques. But then you have other types of diseases like Parkinson's. You know, those are different types of plaques and stuff like that, So that can have Parkinson's dementia, you can have Alzheimer's dementia. You can have Parkinson's dementia. You know that's usually related to the dopamine in the basal ganglia. Then you have, you know, like a stroke that could lead to dementia because it's vascular dementia and I can end up blood flowing oxygen. All different types of dementia. You can get it from traumatic brain injury. That's like a physical trauma. So when people damage their brain, they could get dementia from traumatic brain injury. So there's all different types of dementia. You can get it from heavy metal poisoning. You could get it from viruses, so a lot of people with COVID developed it. Get it from bacteria. You get it from infections yeast and mold get it from b lime disease, people get it. So we see all different types of dementia, all different types of memory loss, long term memory loss, stuff from you know, years ago, short term memory loss, stuff from last week, immediate memory loss. Why did I come into this room? Where did I just put my wallet? There's all types of memory issues and music helps with all of them. But we've got to stimulate the brain. The brain's like a muscle. You use it or you use it, and music is one of the best ways to do it. And if we do the music, you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: Don't miss Boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help them brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email info At, kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with Doctor, kaplan or visit kaplandc dot com for more.
Speaker 3: Information function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric, kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain. Power, now we have this test in our offices In New York city And New. Jersey it's called A vng OR vog video. Oculography so we're measuring the eye. Movements some go, fast some go, slow some go, up some go, down some go, randomly some go into, patterns all different. Speeds do with, light without, light with head, movements it says really. Great test tells us a. Lot one of the most important things that tells us is the differences of the left and the right. Brain if you want to have good, memory good, focus good brain, function, organization, motivation good, energy no, fogginess then you need your left and your right brain to work together and to work, equally to be. Connected when they Analyze einstein's, brain they found out he had less neurons than the average, human but he had more. Connections and if you want your brain to function at the highest, level we need more. Connections and if you're not equal from right to, left then you're disconnected and your brain's not going to function how it's supposed to because it's. Disconnected so you gotta get them. Equal so THIS vnng vog tells us which areas of the brain are overactive and which areas of the brain are. Underactive and that's important because if we use logical sense and we, say, okay this part of the, brain let's say it's the right for, example if this part of the brain is, underactive we need to stimulate it and get it. Strong, now, conversely if we look at the other side and the left brain is, overactive we need to relax. It how could that manifest in? Reality all, right let's say if your right brain is underactive as a, Kid oh, wow if it's really, bad it could ead to autism ADD. Adhd tourett's that type of. Stuff if the left is underactive as a, kid it might lead to like, dyslexia some learning, disabilities visual stuff like. That and as an, adult if your right brain is, underactive you might have some, depression you might have some brain. Fog you might have low, motivation poor, organization poor, planning not understanding consequences of. Actions it's like a weak. Brain now, conversely if your left brain is, overactive might have some.
Speaker 4: Insomnia you might have Some you, know you're, Overwhelmed you, panic you, worry you, Fear your mind races so quickly get, anxiety, panic.
Speaker 3: You get these. RUSHES i mean that fear, mode that fight or flight mode instead of a calm. State everything's, overactive so we gotta calm that. Down that's how you get im. Balanced the V G vog tells us where the imbalances. Are, now let's SAY i find that the left hemisphere is. UNDERACTIVE i need to stimulate. IT i can use music to stimulate the underactive left. Hemisphere so what we could do is have them learn musical, training and that is particular going to increase areas related to the analytical processing and language centers in the, brain and that's going to improve that left hemisphere active. Activation SO i need musical. Training you, know the structured aspects of, music such as, reading, notation, understanding, theory engages the brains analytical regions it's been proven through the. Neuroscience so get music, lessons, right learn how to read the, music the. Details the left brain loves the, details all the, analysis learning, it the, keys you know what everything, means you, know even like breaking it down and learning the different types of musical. Instruments like you, know there's four types of musical. Instruments there's, percussion, string, woodwind. Brass so when the kid learns, this an adult learns this is stimulating that left. Hemisphere and they learned all the, percussion the sounds produced by striking and shaking and, scraping you, know such as the drums and the, symbol, xylophone the, tambourine. Right and then the string instruments they're producing by vibrating. Strings vibration is very powerful the. Brain so that's the, violin the, guitar the, harp the. CELLO i have a lot of patients that play these string. Instruments and then the, woodwinds, right that's a lot of the ones you know they learn in. School sound is produced by the air passing through the reed or a little. Opening the, flute the, clarinet, right the, saxophone the. Obo there's a lot of children's first ones the brass instruments as the fourth that's by buzzing the lips into the, mouthpiece, Right so they learn all these different types of stimulating that left. Brain, now let's say we need to stimulate the right. Brain, Right so the right brain that's the more creative. Part. Right the left brains more the. Analytical the right brain is more the. Emotional it's more involved in processing the emotional aspects of the, music such as interpreting the mood express of qualities of a, piece, right you, know so you could you could feel that. Mood that's more of the right. Brain and you could apply this to. Paintings. Right so if you're looking at all the little details of the, painting all the, analysis you, know you look at the self portrait and you look at the eyelashes and all the shadows and all the, details that's more left. Brain but if you're analyzing the emotion all the this person looks so sad and you know they just lost. Whatever you, know it's like you're looking at the same, painting but one stimulating the left, brain one stimulating the right. Brain all, right so you could do music the same. Thing the emotional aspects is more in the right. Brain but, okay the rhythm, beats like you, know figuring out the little, details the structure of the, music that's more of the left. Brain how cool is? That, Right so you could look totally look at music in a different. Way, now if your brain's, overactive what's really cool of music is you do this a little. Exercise everyone could do, this because you, know we're especially In New, York New, jersey a lot of people are stressed, out they're, anxious their minds are, overactive so let's kind of calm everything. Down one way to calm the brain down is to listen to a musical piece and you just listen to one of those. Instruments maybe it's just the, violin or maybe it's just the, drums or maybe it's just the, flute or maybe it's just the guitar or whatever it. Is you just listen to the one instrument and you try and block out all the other instruments and just focus on, that and you'll actually hear that instrument get louder while all the other ones gets softer because your brain is focused on. That your brain is so, Powerful and you do that exercise and then you could switch next time you listen to the, piece switch the. Instrument it's pretty. Amazing it's a good exercise to help with, stress, anxiety, worry and you're listening to music at the same. Time now even more so with the left and right brain is the. Side so let's SAY i do THIS vng V og AND i find the right brains. Deficient i'm gonna have that patient listen to music on the left. Side put the radio in the left. Ear put the earbud or the speaker the left, ear because that stimulates the right. Brain now let's SAY i need to stimulate the left. Brain i'm gonna have them listen to the music on the right. Side i'm gonna have them talk on the phone and listen on the right. Side so you can use music to stimulate the right brain left, brain OR i even just use a tuning. Fork IF i need to stimulate the right, Brain i'll put a little tuning, fork do an a, TONE c, tone you, know different one two fifty. Six so we could do the. Side so the music in the left ear stimulates the right, brain music in the right ear stimulates the left. Brain so that's pretty cool that we could use that same thing with. Light so let's say if you were trying to stimulate the right, Brain i'm gonna have the desk lamp to my left side that stimulates the right, brain But i'm trying to stimilate my left. Brain i'm gonna have the desk lamp to the right, side so we could break it up from left to, right so THE VNG vog determines the difference between the left and the right. Brain and we're gonna give you a. Gift THIS vng test that my office is In New york And New, jersey is normally six hundred, dollars but for the first seven people that will, call text or email right, now you could get THE VNG vog test to determine your left and right brain for only twenty one. Dollars call right, now text right now six four six two two one six seven three, eight or you can email info At kaplanbrain And body dot. Com just tell me you want THE vng for only twenty one dollars so you can function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric, caplin and you're listening to boost your brain.
Speaker 2: Power if you want to improve your brain, function help with, memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches brain, fog weight, loss or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show for. You don't mis boost your brain power with Doctor Eric caplan and you will learn, natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such As, Alzheimer's parkinson's, stroke, autism add, concussion autoimmune, diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines four posture, PAIN, tbi skin and digestive. Problems Doctor caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health, conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky. Surgeries to contact Doctor, caplin you can Call Team that two or one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot.
Speaker 3: Com function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric, kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain. Power now we're talking about how to stimulate the left and the right. Brain if we figure out which side of the brain is, weak we can strengthen. It just like if you, notice, hey my right biceps is weaker than my left, biceps then we could do exercise to stimulate that right right. Biceps it's not that you, know it's not difficult to figure. Out so if one side's, weaker we do extra reps on that. Side, now what if one half of your brain is. Weak if your right brain is, weaker you could listen to music in the left. Side you could put light from the left field of. Space you could do movements with your left. Hand you, could you, know brush your teeth with your left. Hand that will stimulate your right. Brain so do more activities with your left. Hand with your left, foot you could kick the ball with your left. Foot, right you could try and you, know take a tennis racket and try and bounce the tennis ball up with your left. Hand, right you're gonna stimulate the right. Brain you could use smell in the right nostril that stimulates the right. Brain so once we figure out which side of the brain is, deficient we can give specific exercises to strengthen. That but if you if you're if you're always stimulating the side that's already, strong you're gonna create more of an, imbalance and that's gonna make your brain. Weaker that's why it's so important to get an analysis to figure out which side of the brain is. Weak stick around to the end of the show And i'll let you know a way that you could do. That and we're gonna give a gift so you could take advantage of. It All, Right so we're gonna strengthen the left and the right. Brain, now let's say your uh left brain is, weak, right then you're gonna do most of those activities on the right side of the body because it crosses. Over so that's very uh interesting that we could actually balance out the brain just like you balance out the. Muscles but nobody teaches you that growing, up, right people teach, you, oh exercise is, important so they don't teach you brain exercise is. Important. Right they teach you brushing your teeth is important every, day but they don't teach you doing brain exercises every day is. Important we're always taught fruit and vegetables are important to eat every. Day nobody teaches you to exercise your brain every. Day we're always taught go out and go for a, walk and go to the, gym play a sport that's good for. You nobody tells you to do brain, exercises and when you could do a brain exercise with movement even. Better so too many people are addicted to. Sitting you gotta get off your, butt gotta be. Active follow the twenty. Rule never sit for more than twenty. Minutes every twenty, minute you take twenty seconds to move your. Body take twenty, steps do twenty dump jumping, jacks do twenty, squats do twenty, pushups do twenty sit, ups do twenty sitting to, standing twenty shoulder, rolls twenty, lunges twenty hula. HOOPS i don't care what it, is but move your body for twenty, seconds and then you could go back and sit. Down that's the only thing you do for the rest of your life that will change. Everything the twenty. Rule cannot stress this so. Much stop sitting so. Much sitting is the new. Smoking get off your butt and move your. Body. PLEASE i beg. YOU i don't care what you, do but move your. Body and also with the twenty, rule look twenty feet, away look far. Away, well looking at these screens close, by not only is your brain getting, worse your eyes are getting. Worse start looking far away. Again everything's too. Close these. Days exercise your eyes look far, away all, Right so that's the twenty. Rule every twenty, minutes you get, up move your, body walk twenty, feet look twenty feet for twenty, seconds and then you can go back to whatever you gotta. Do it's the twenty, rule super, important. Right if you want to notice an improvement in your, memory follow the notice. Rule if you want to notice improvement in your, memory follow the notice. Rule all, Right so it's ntice notice N it's for. Nutrition gotta eat, healthy all the colors of the. Rainbow, oh it's for. Oxygen you gotta. Breathe gotta go out in the trees and inhale for four, seconds hold your breath for seven, seconds and exhale for eight. Seconds do breathing exercises in the woods every day to get your. Oxygen get oxygen producing plants for your, home snake, plants spider, plants alovera, plants money. Plants purifies your. Air t try new. Things you have to try new things if you want to improve your. Memory if you keep doing the same thing over and, over your memory will get worse and. Worse you need, novelty new, Things learn new, things go to new, places meet new, people do new, activities join new, groups new. Things stop being a creature of. Habit you want to improve your, men you have to try new. THINGS i intellectual. Stimulation you gotta challenge. Yourself, yeah you might be good at your, job but are you challenging your? Brain how many phone numbers do you? Know start remembering people's phone. Numbers stop using THE. Gps are you remembering people's? Addresses do you remember? Directions stop using the, calculator do some. Math you need intellectual. Stimulation stop watching WHATEVER, Tv, netflix, YouTube social, Media, Facebook, Hulu. DISNEY i don't know what people watch sports. Like stop WATCHING tv and do something like play, cards choosing your, brain play, chess choosing your, brain play. Monopoly it's using your. Brain play charades to using your. Brain do something outside of the boop tube and the computer and the, screens the cell. Phones you gotta. Unplug come, on it's twenty twenty. Five the only difference in the world are these. Screens please just go back one hundred, years like no. Screens your life will be so much, happier so much less anxiety and. Stress, mattie if you didn't even hear anything about the, news how good you would feel it's. Amazing we've got to improve our. Memory you need intellectual. Stimulation the reality shows there's not intellectual. Stimulation facebook is not intellectual. Stimulation TikTok is not intellectual. Stimulation come, on you need it. Right start playing some games, again start reading, again learning new, things take new, classes start a new. Hobby it's intellectual. Stimulation see is. Charity you gotta help. Others if you want to boost your brain, power prove your, memory improve your, focus increase your, motivation your, dopamine then you gotta increase your charity helping. Others helping. Others charity is very. Important AND e is for, exercise all, right you gotta. Exercise you gotta move your. Body so figure out something that lead do something that you enjoy either you, know you might not be, uh you might not be you, know into the. Gym maybe you do. Yoga you maybe do. Pilates maybe you do you, know you play basketball or, soccer or tennis or pick a. Ball you, know do something that's moving your. Body maybe it's bike, riding maybe it's. Rollerblading you, KNOW i don't care what it. Is, hiking rock, climbing pole. Dancing you could do. Zoomba you could do stuff at, home you. Know you could do YouTube, videos you could do tai. CHI i don't care what you. Do do something fun because if it's, fun then you'll like it and you'll do it more and more and. More but if you see it as an errand, OH i go to the, gym then you won't do. IT i enjoy going to the, gym BUT i also enjoyed basketball and soccer and tennis and hiking and, biking AND i like, rollerblading AND i LIKE i like all, activities you, KNOW i just. WON'T i don't like the ones where you're not, moving like you, know, golf you, know because to me it's not enough. Movement i'll play, anything, VOLLEYBALL i don't. Care but find whatever you, like all, right maybe you let line, dancing go for. It move in your. Body you gotta memorize, stuff, RIGHT i don't care what it. Is could be hip hop, dancing let's do. It come, On just move your body, anything take tangle lesson sou some, orengue all, right but you use it or you lose. It that's. Exercise so that's. Notice, nutrition, oxygen try new, things intellectual, stimulation charity and exercise that's gonna boost your brain, power improve your, memory focus and motivation so you function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric kaplin and you're listening to boost your brain.
Speaker 2: Power don't miss boost your brain power with Doctor Eric kaplan Every saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain. Function you can improve, memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism and strength by following the science and research that Doctor caplan will be sharing with his. Audience join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same. Time listen to boost your brain. Power if you want to function, better feel, better and enjoy the quality of life you. Deserve called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email Info At kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation With, doctor kaplan or visit kaplindc dot com for. More information, function better, feel better and live a.
Speaker 3: Better life this Is Doctor eric kaplan and you're listening to boost your. Brain power and there's so many ways to boost your brain power to improve your. Brain, function right the most, number one most important thing. Is novelty so we've got to really strengthen the brain by doing. New things, all right we were speaking before. About music, you know music enhances. Brain plasticity learning an instrument strengthens these. Neuronal connections it's all about. The connections and the studies have shown that musicians have increased gray matter volume in areas, of, memory hearing. Motor, skills now if you're, a musician now you just gotta. Be careful not too. Loud, Music right maybe wear those ear plugs because you want to damage the. Hair cells so SOMETIMES when i, have musicians their hair cells and their ears. Are damaged so where those, you know noise canceling headphones or the, ear plugs stuff. Like that you know in the, subway too those screeching sounds were some. Ear plugs. You know if you're a construction worker and you're using, the jackhammer you know where the. Ear plugs, You know so any place where you have really, loud sounds make sure you save. Your ears you only get these two pairs, of ears. Save them save thing with. The eyes you only get. Two eyes exercise. Those eyes don't let them get worse. And worse the best eye exercise is called a brock. String exercise we have them at our Offices In, new Jersey In, new york but, you can, you know make. Them yourself they're just little long beads with. Different colors it's pretty easy. To make they're called brock. String exercises very good for. Your eyes if you want to strengthen, your hearing you do, hearing exercises so you see how FAR can i be away from the speaker and still? Hear it how LOW can i put the volume and still? Hear it, and remember if you want to stimulate the, right brain you'll do sound in the. Left ear if you want to stimulate the, left brain you do sound in the. Right ear and music does. Activate both, you know it's very good to have them, work together but it improves memory and. Cognitive function playing an instrument engages, the hippocampus and that's crucial for long, term memory, All right and that's a lot of research done. On that the hippo campus is probably the most researched part of, the brain and we know that playing an instrument, engagees hippocampus which you're going to improve long. Term memory musicians do tend to have a better, working memory which helps with multitasking and learning, new informa, which is, you know that's the way the world works. These day we gotta learn all this. New stuff the world changes, so quickly, you know just in, MY lifetime i went FROM when i was, very young we, had records AND then i went to tapes and the NCDs AND the, mp three's and then, you know all the Streamings. And spotify's, it's like oh, my god so quick with. The music so it's always changed and we gotta have. New information good for. The, brain now playing an instrument requires precise hand eye coordination in fine, motor movement and you see the guitar and flute and. The drums you gotta use all these. Different coordinations really good for. The brain so even if you're, not good it's still strengthening. The, brain now, the cerebellum which is responsible for movement, and balance is highly active, in musicians so that sarah bellum's got more neurons. In it then the whole brain. Put together the sarahbellam is this the means. Mini brain it's the small part of the brain and the kind of like the back. End neck but it's this tiny little part of. The brain it's got more neurons than the whole brain. Put together it's, the director the conductor of the. ENTIRE body i love. My cerebellum there's easy exercises you could do to stimulate, your cerebellum Drawing the, infinity symbol like those. Figure eights those are really good for the cerebellum and it strengthens that area of the brain and that's good for coordination, of, movement balance but also coordination. Of thought so we do that a lot in our Offices In new York And new jersey and are all our. Virtual patients we do a lot of, these infinities very. Powerful input they've been doing That in eastern Cultures in China and Japan and india for thousands. Of years it's, very powerful, the infinity those, figure eights. It's NonStop it's one most powerful brain stimulation you could. Do now music engages the, limbic system which regulates emotion. And memory so a lot of people these days are, emotional, depression anxiety, they panic there's a lot. Of stress so music helps, with that helps with the processing and playing in a band or an orchestra enhances social skills and teamwork and. Emotional intelligence so that's one of the best things you could do as a child as an adult is, you know have some engagement with other people where you have to coordinate your music with. Their music and it's, fun too but really good for the brain and it's gonna delay. Cognitive decline studies show that people musicians have a lower risk of Developing dimension alzheimer's and that lifelong engagement with music helps keep the brain flexible. AND resilient, i mean how much more can we say? About this it just gets better and better, and better, you know and singing, and writing so not only learn how to play, instrument write how about Writing lyrics that strengthens verbal memory and, word recall and singing helps to encode information into long. Term. Memory right the there's all these different areas of the brain that get involved with singing because it requires, you know breathing and using, different modulating different pitches, and articulations and, you know Engaging these the motor cortex of the brain and that's cerebellum we were, talking about and then the auditory cortex that's the, sound, auditory right so that processes sounds that improves, learning skills, you know and then one of the best things about music is. The dopamine so when you, create music this is, my son he's he's a. Music creator oh, my god my dad. Says it, oh high like that's. The dopamine so he, creates this this music and he gets us. Feel good there's no when my son talks about the music that, he creates he never feels. So good it's the happiest he ever is because he's creating music and you get that feel, good chemical. That dopamine so instead of getting it from drugs, or drinking and not that he would, do that he's, only fourteen but he gets it from music and it gets, you know it reduces his, corsol levels which is. The stress so as, a teenager he's dealing with a lot, of stress, you know teenagers and bullying and, you know excluding from groups and all. That stuff so that's going to increase his. Coursol levels but when he does the music and he, because creative then it increases. His dopamine so if you have, any kids teenagers that are dealing with stress and bullying, and anxiety, you know get them to. Create music that's one of the. Best things that's that's that's the number one thing in my family that's helped my, kid really, you know deal with the stress more. Than anything and going down in the basement and punching the. Punching bag so that's. Good too that helps relieve stress. As well so he always. Feels better he goes upstairs to create, his music or he goes downstairs to do the. Punching bag, you know, physical exercise moving that body that helps release the stress and then being creative. The music getting that dopamine, as well, you know so that. Really helps but you want to test your brain, and, see HEY do i have low. Dopamine levels one of the best tests to tell if you have low dopamine levels is called THE q eeg. Brain mapping that also tells us we have, low setylcholine if you have traumatic, brain injury having, metal poisoning if you have some, virus pathology tells if, there's, depression anxiety troubles with. MEMORY focus i LOVE this qEEG. Brain mapping he, tells us do you have difficulty? Shifting tasks do you have troubles with hearing and vision? Balance problems do you y? No inflammation you have a. Thyroid problem it, tells us oh, my god all these things and there's. No radiation it's, non invasive super easy. To do just got to wear this cap and you have these electros that are tached to it and just measures your. Brain waves there's, no pain, super easy and it literally tells us which areas of the brain are functioning well and which airs brains are not. Functioning well this test is normally six, hundred dollars but for the first seven people, to call text, or email you could GET the qEEG brain mapping for only twenty. One dollars JUST say i want to DO the qeg. Breed mapping call or texts six four six two, two one six seven, three eight or you can email info at caplinbrainebody. Dot com another test that we're gonna give you guys a gift is a one on one, with me and That's where i'll go over your, brain mapping if you've DID, the vng if you've done. Blood work i'll check, your heart, your lungs, your gut check, your memory, Your balance we'll check out. Your coordination we'll check out, your reflexes your, muscle strength, your posture your, oxygen levels your. Pulse rate it takes about forty. Five minutes it's normally six, hundred dollars but the first seven people, to call text or email you can get that test for only twenty one dollars, as well and if, you want you can get. All three you can DO, the VNG the qEEG brand mamping and the one on one, with me which are normally six hundred, dollars each but you can get it for twenty one. Dollars each and if we, have availabilities you can do it the same day. As well if no one picks up the phone right now or responds, right away. Just wait it might take a while because there's a lot of people that want to, do this but we'll get back. To you so you just got to be one of the first. Seven people the number is six four six two two on one six seven, three eight or the email is Info at Kaplanbrain and body. Dot com just say you want to do the three tests for twenty one dollars each From The Boost Your brain power. Radio show if you like, this information you can look at. Our website it's kaplindc. Dot com you can look at the different services we provide In Our new, jersey Office Our new. York office we also do a lot Of virtual if you, far away we can do It, Over, Zoom, WhatsApp FaceTime what's ever easiest? For you and we could actually do virtual visits to improve, your memory improve, your focus your, brain function help, with, depression anxiety increase, energy motivation help with your gut and your heart and blood pressure, and diabetes and we do a. Wide variety we're very holistic center where we look at the different areas of how they all integrate it together instead of just looking at one individual. Area there if you're on, social media you can join Us. On, Facebook caplin Brain. And body we got YouTube Videos capla Marain. And body i'm on TikTok Doctor. Eric caplan if you want, my book you can Go. On amazon It's called Boost Your, BRAIN Power a guide to Improving your memory. And focus when you put in Boost Your, brain power brain power is one word. That's important there's a picture of a big blue brain. On there that's the seventeen ways neuroscience has improven to improve your memory. And focus super. Easy book it's seventy, something pages super, quick read but it will literally improve your memory and focus in less than, two weeks so get It on amazon and you can call my office to get it. As well hope you enjoyed. The show if you, like it you can listen to the old shows and the archives from the application of the radio or. The website just go to the radio station's website and put in, My Name Doctor eric Caplan The Boost Brain Power radio show so you can, function better, feel better and live a. Better life This Is Doctor, eric kaplan and you just Listen to boost your.
Speaker 2: Brain power if you want to improve your, brain function help, with, memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision headaches, brain fog, weight loss or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent, future diseases that this is the show. For you don't mis boost your brain Power With Doctor eric caplan and you will, learn natural integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems Such, As alzheimer's, parkinson's, stroke autism, add concussion, autoimmune, diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo migraines four, POSTURE, pain tbi skin and. Digestive Problems doctor kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and, health conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and. Risky surgeries to Contact, doctor caplin you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one, five zero or visit his WEBSITE at kaplandc. Dot com the proceeding was a. Paid program war's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the. Ideas expressed the preceding was a.
Speaker 1: Paid podcast iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the. Ideas expressed