Speaker 1: Something you should go. Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldr dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver. Learn more and get a free gold and silver guide at Genesis goold IRA dot com. Excited to visit right now with Shannon from Good Natured and Shannon, We've been hearing on the radio a little bit about a silent disco that's coming up tonight. So first of all, what the heck is a silent disco?
Speaker 2: Silent disco headsets music on the headsets. We'll have two channels. I'm going to let the people choose what they want the channels to be, and then you put the headsets on. It plays through the headset. You can tell what people are listening to based on the color on the outside of the headset. Nice and it's a super great time.
Speaker 1: That is really cool. Now I've not seen this before. Is this kind of a new concept?
Speaker 2: You know, it's not necessarily new, it's new to this area. There's actually been this has been going on, like in New York City for years now. They do mourning silent discos and then like mixed with maybe like a morning yoga and then they go to work. It's also been on a lot of different cruises and at festivals, so new to South Dakota, but not necessarily new.
Speaker 1: And this is a way for people to party and have a good time without like waking the neighbors.
Speaker 2: Right, exactly, absolutely, And it's also kind of fun because you know, you can't hear other people singing along as much, and so that kind of is fun because people can still participate in the singing part that you're not disturbing your neighbor.
Speaker 1: And this is going to be tonight at Good Natured, And let's talk about Good Natured because you guys are brand new. You've been around for like twelve days, is that right?
Speaker 2: Basically, Yeah, it's been really.
Speaker 1: Fun to watch this on social media and I'm excited to get there and check it out. I'm going to see if Heidi will join me at a silent disco tonight. But this looks like such a fun place. And let's talk about the idea behind Good Natured and where this concept came from.
Speaker 2: So good Nature started as my brain child because I was feeling a little isolated after making the decision to not drink. I'd been fairly social previously, and I felt that I still wanted to be social, but I struggled going to the places where I was surrounded by the presence of alcohol. So I decided that I would create a space where that just wasn't a part of the equation, and people can still come and have fun and do all of the things that you would get to go and do when you're being social, but there's no presence of alcohol.
Speaker 1: So's it's kind of like a bar without the booze. You got it, exactly, And it looks like such a fun place just from what I've been seeing again on Facebook and online. Now, what are some of the drink options you have? Because you know, just because there's not booze doesn't mean you don't have drinks. You have several fun things, don't you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, So everything I have is an a bottle or can, and I have a huge of na and alcohol free drink options, as well as a whole cooler full of sodas and energy drinks and hydration drinks. And I will be having our ginger beer at pop up events, but currently our good natured ginger beer will just be at special events. But that's another thing to look forward to, which I know you've tried. John.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very very good. Now you guys again, good Natured has been around as a ginger beer for a while. This facility, Good Natured is brand new. How long has Good Natured the ginger beer? How long have you guys been doing that?
Speaker 2: So since the.
Speaker 1: Beginning of twenty twenty three, And let's talk about the process, because I've never started a brand like that. Was that hard to say We're going to just do this because it doesn't just do itself, does it?
Speaker 2: It was so I guess hard wouldn't be the word that I would say. I'd say challenging. But I really felt like I had a lot of people that circled me and surrounded me with support and motivation. There's been a lot of people who have reached out to me here in the last couple of weeks, and I just know that this was the right thing to do. I feel really strongly that the community needs a space where they can come and be without the presence of alcohol, and that was something that you know, a year and a half ago, I really felt strongly needed to happen, and so I took I went through co starters with startups two falls, which really helped me to refine some of the processes that I needed. And the biggest struggle for me last year, to be honest, John, was the we were going the product throughout and then now we made the pivot into the service route. And so it's just been kind of a fun, a fun thing to do. It's the first time in my life where I haven't attempted to completely control something, which has also been kind of a journey as well. So there's a lot of things that I've learned about myself and about the community, and I'm just really excited to yeah, to share this new space.
Speaker 1: I love that. So will the ginger Bee ginger beer be available tonight for the Silent Disco?
Speaker 2: It won't, However, it will be available at our ground opening which is on the nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Ah, very nice, So put that on your calendars as well, the nineteenth. That'll be here before you know it. But join us tonight for the Silent Disco at Good Natured. Now here's your chance to tell everybody where you're located so they can find you tonight and what time does everything get started tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we're located on eighth Street between Indiana and Cliff at nine twenty one East eighth Street. Currently there is a sign out front that says the Joy Collective Yoga Studio because my friend was previously in my space. That's going to change soon though, and we start.
Speaker 1: At seven seven o'clock tonight. What is the address once again.
Speaker 2: Nine one East eighth Street.
Speaker 1: Very nice. Thank you so much for taking the time, and I'm excited for tonight and so many fun things to come from Good natured Again, thank you so much for doing what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me John, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: And I am going to throw a link to this on Facebook as well to make it easy to find. So if you're hearing this and you're going, hey, that sounds like a lot of fun, you can find all of the details at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio.
Speaker 2: Hey, Something you should Know.
Speaker 1: Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the Gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.