Speaker 1: Trying to figure out whether I want to do a show today. Well, I don't really have any choice now because here we are phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. I have I have grown in the last twenty four hours. Hold on, I got this stupid face thing. Go ahead, there you go, all right, open my dang phone. Perfect. I have learned so much this morning during my roughly, there's about thirty minutes that I get in the morning, maybe a little more than that, to kind of ignore everything and then get back into Twitter and about ten websites that I go to and changing perspectives this morning. I didn't realize, as somebody who's not married, I didn't realize how honeymoons work, you know what, And I've never really paid attention to it. I got to be honest with you. I don't know if I could tell you where where the last five people whose wedding I went to where they honeymooned? So I was right for this. I didn't realize where you honeymoon is your favorite communist country, So let me apologize. Sorry, Ross, I've never even asked where did you? Where? Did Okay? Hold on, he's working on something I've never even asked Ross which communist country he and his wife are, you know, decided to go to. But when I look over at, you know, people running for the vice President's office, I didn't even know this about Tim Walls. He did the Bernie Sanders thing. Man, do you remember the Bernie Sanders honeymoon picture where he's sitting there without a shirt on, talking to some guru and Russia. Wait, what is now. Don't get me wrong, I like traveling, and I have been to China, I have been to countries. I'm not a big fan of what's going on governmentally right now. But I didn't stick around. I just went, oh, this is this is interesting, or this is weird, or this is you know, whatever it is, and got out of there because I was reading this and I didn't know this about Tim Walls, and I've interviewed the dude. So apparently he decided a honeymoon in China and he went there and he's like, this is amazing, and this would have been in the eighties, so we're like, you know, we're what ten years, fifteen years into even being able to go to China. That's the Nixon thing. Look it up. So he's just like, Ah, this is great, let's stay here and I'm going to teach English. He doesn't speak Mandarin though, or Fuginese or any of it. And it's like, I don't know. I feel like if you decided to honeymoon in a communist country right in the height of it, I might add, right, so like Bernie Sanders in Russia, you know, that's the thing. And then China, especially right around Tieneman Square, that's what is. When was Tianaman Square eighty nine? I think that's what his honeymoon was. What the hell are you doing over there? Bro, Not just visiting, Not just be like, oh, we're gonna dip in for a few days. We're gonna go to the wet market, get some panglin or you know whatever, and then we're out. You're like, this is great, I'm gonna stay. This is when they're running students over with tanks. Maybe, I don't know. Strikes me as a little odd. I point this out because I wake up to the story this morning. You're ready Tim Wall's overnight sensation on Chinese social media? Well, what's that about? And it's not a mean thing, it's not any of that. Basically, it's his quote unquote ties to China. Excitement over America's Dad has gone international. I'm reading from it was this ap and semaphore. It's just kind of like a that sounds like a payap whatever. America's Dad has become an overnight sensation on Chinese social media. Diego Mendoza and Kathleen Lee report all right, here we go. The Minnesota governor's experience teaching English in China nineteen eighty nine, spending his honeymoon there, and organizing student trips to the country has led many Chinese social media users to hope he could help faw fraut us China relations. You know, would you know, would help thaw that China to stop doing China stuff? Right, I don't mean all China stuff, but if you did normal China stuff, who wouldn't be here. But if you're literally attempting to hack us hundreds and thousands of times a day, which is a thing, and it's not an exaggeration, I might add, rampantly ripping off our you know, our intellectual property stuff. Not you necessarily you random Chinese citizen who may want exactly this, but your boy had his predecessor disappeared in the middle of a meeting and now it's a meme about wood you know would but in reality, it's just like a really grotesque fascist thing that happened your Uni party meeting involving his predecessor. The predecessor had an opinion that was a slight difference from the current pooh bear in chief, and you literally removed him from the meeting physically. That's a crazy video that exists, so not that you should stop that. I'm glad that Tim Walls liked it. And again I visited China. I thought it was cool and weird and what's the You could feel it being authoritarian. Authoritarian, I'm not even get the word. This morning, you could feel the vibe of China not being you being happy, go lucky, especially if you have a visa, which I had to get and I had to list that my profession is media, which caused a whole difference thing. So yeah, but I'm glad he went over and taught English but didn't speak the language to translate it, so you know, maybe that works, maybe it doesn't. I don't know. It's so weird, like why would you honeymoon in? Like, hey, you know what's great in the nineties. Let's go to Bulgaria early nineties or Sarajevo or Kosovo. I hear they had a lot of really nice churches, so they did. Armenia does too. I think Armenia's got like the most old churches or something. But good luck going in there. So I didn't realize this. So Honeymoon's equal communist country trip and not the Bahamas or Hawaii. I had no idea anyway, six fourteen CaCO Day Radio program, Hang on, bang my face in my Sorry. I'm sitting here and I'm learning the brand new way. I have to use a program that I've used in my entire career because of a security change. But we're good to go. All right, rock and roll, here we go. All right. Coming up on the show, we're gonna learn how to get some free Netflix. If you're I guess in the UK, on our, Germany or other places that have floated this. I have to assume somebody in the US has done this. Considering the absurdity of the gun buyback programs we have, They're like, ah, you know, whatever qualifies, We'll get you a twenty dollars certificate to the huddle House. Oh wait, no, I'm sorry. That's for buying votes in lumber Ten and that's five dollars. But my point stands so over in Germany, their version of it, of our gun buy back with the absurd Kupin's, sounds like a deal. Actually, I'll fill that. We got Taylor Swift in the news, but actual serious news. And speaking of the UK, Germany and all that, remember yesterday, right at the end of the show, we told you that they were literally talking about extraditing people. So people who are British citizens who may live anywhere in the world, who would dare post something on the social media that you know, violates what the censors want. They were willing to undergo or said that they were thinking about undergoing a very expensive process, including one individual sited in one article I read, who's in the Philippines. So you literally got to get Philippine officials to round him up, drag him to wherever the embassy is, Manila, whatever, and then fly him back on conair or whatever to the UK over a Facebook post. But now we find out it's more than that. Let's see here that's gonna load all right, I'm telling you it's a whole morning. It's a whole more. How is your drive in by the way, Ross, Well, I'm trying to get this to reload.
Speaker 2: It was super fine in wig Forest because it hadn't gotten there yet, but you can tell when you drove into the storm, right, the visibility got down to like nothing at one point, big puddles and folds of noose, lots of places where the police have blocked up the roads and detours around certain roads. And then driving int high Woods, I mean just branches galore.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's the story of high woods though. Right. The amount of brand, the amount of branches, sticks and various blowdown logs is the it's like the it's like the barometer of how the storm's doing over in high Woods. Man. All right, there I got. I had to get it loaded. So why is everything being horrible with with this this morning? I have to play audio of insane people? All right? Here we go? All right, So this is literally a prosecutor in the United Kingdom. And I don't want to say we are laughing about the absurdity yesterday, but we were definitely highlighting it. So that's an individual post on Facebook. This is something some would argue is slightly different here we go, go ahead, British fascist, tell us all about it.
Speaker 3: Then the offensive incitement to racial hatered involves publishing or distributing material which is insulting or abusive, which is intended or likely to start racial hatered.
Speaker 1: So oh okay, all right, so that's the description there, that's the UK law, thank god, the first Amendment. But unfortunately I have a little study. They're a survey to tell you about. We'll do that in a moment. But so that's the standard in the UK. Is it likely to start racial hatred, which, by the way, is a wide open thing. It doesn't have to literally manifest as a physical act. It just has to change somebody's mind, or you meant to change somebody's mind. It's absolutely absurd. Anyway, I'm sorry, go ahead fascist, do.
Speaker 3: If you retweet that, then you're republishing that, and then potentially you're committing that offense. And we do have dedicated police officers who are scarling social media. Their job is to look for this material and then follow up with identification of risks and so forth. So it's really really serious. People might think they're not doing anything harmful, they are and the consequences will be visited upon them.
Speaker 1: This is the absurdity of it. So you hear he said if you retweet it? What if you're retweeting it to go all right, let me let me give you an example. Ross yesterday, did we you retweet the CNN Jake Tapper video where they're all talking about how thank god they didn't hire Shapiro because he's a Jew? Yeah, I believe we did. Yes, Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Or so if it wasn't that it was a Daily Wires story associated with the tweet, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I think that counts. I think that that is. That is what because this dude's literally saying that. He's just like, look if you retweet something and it's it's so like, I don't even know if your reason for retweeting it, because our reason for playing it on the show yesterday retweeting it was to go. Look how they're pretending this is normal? Clear anti semitary. Look how they're going it like this is normal. There's having this conversation like, well, you know, you got to you gotta do the math and the math, you know, as though it's a state representative allocation, like this is a swing state. They're from the swing state, right, that's the normal way in which you evaluate vice presidential candidates, right, But that's not what they were doing. They were literally going, ah, well he didn't pick the Jewish guy because they'd lose.
Speaker 2: You see this in a Twitter ex bios all the time, right, where people are.
Speaker 1: Like, retweet is non endorsement? Right, yes, absolutely, Hunter, I used to have it in my bio. Right.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you don't retweet or repost stuff because you agree with it. You're reposting it so people can be so you can be like, hey, look at these LUNs.
Speaker 1: I feel like we that's probably half the stuff we put on the show account. Yeah, right, easily, easily, it's half the stuff I don't endorse. You know, Tim Walls's wife going, I love the smell of burning tires in the morning. I'm like, look at this lunatic. You stroll our timeline, it's a lot of it now. Sometimes I retweet like the dad, the Florida dad with the pirate wheel on his dock, screaming and then using the audio from Forrest Gump, well done, all right, I'm on team that. But probably everything else we tweeted yesterday was like, look at these lunatics. We're doing that. Sorry, it's been like the computer update morning, but I think I believe we have this fixed. Okay, all right, wonderful, so interesting moment yesterday. Oh Claire, Wisconsin, which is right there on the Minnesota border, not far from the Lighting Coogles Brewery and Hipple off Falls, north of Lacrosse, south of the Twin Cities. All right, So for whatever reason, you've got air Force two and whatever plane Vance is on. They're both at the airport. Oh Claire is not a big airport. I've been there just because my buddy up in Minnesota had a small plane. We've popped to Eclaire for stuff. So I actually impressed they were able to get both of them down. But it creates a situation where you have like opposite end of the tarmac. There, You've got all of the security and the people and everything that goes with and including the press. So here comes Jade Vance. Kamala Harris's playing is on the ground, and the press pool there is clearly Kamala Harris press pool. Jade Vance strolls up. I know he's a boring guy, and for a moment I'm watching him and I'm like, he's just another stunting, opportunistic politician. That's neither a negative thing or a positive thing, right, because they would have him reduced forget the couch joke. They would have him reduced to a guy who ironically simply doesn't talk to the media, doesn't say anything, well, simultaneously anything. He says like, hey, my kid was talking to me about Pikachuu and the former presidents try to ask me to be the vice president. Right, So he says stuff, but also he's super silent. And those are the accusations from people like a candidate who hasn't taken any questions. It's it. It shows you the power of the media, and uh, you know how they can get this stuff on spin cycle man. But he rolled up there and there's a couple moments. We'll get it. I'm gonna play the audio right now. There's a couple moments that I don't think we're getting the analysis that they deserve. But uh, let's see if you can pick that out. All right, So that's the I just want to give you the visual. Right, he's landed over there, Kamala's planes are She clearly has no intention of coming out and talking to the media. They're wasting their time. And he's just like, look, reporters with microphones, let me stroll up.
Speaker 4: I figured i'd come by and uh moregreting good one.
Speaker 1: The plane. Someboy's going to be my plane in a few months. But all right, all right, that's a lie. And by the way, that's a line he and his people probably talked about ten minutes ago. He's like, all right, when you go up there, tell him it's gonna be my plane. But what it's politics, whatever it is, what it is, all right, So he delivers the line pretty convincingly. Go ahead, sir. We thought you guys might get both with because the vice president doesn't.
Speaker 4: Answer questions from reporters and has it for.
Speaker 1: Seventeen days, I think, give you guys.
Speaker 5: An explanation for why she won't take questions for rewards.
Speaker 1: All right, So he comes out, obviously it's the talking point. The talking point is she hasn't taken questions. I mean, it's a talking point. It's also the truth. And then he says, can I give you a theory about that? And you have an entire gaggle of media there. I was when I did the news thing, when I was doing more of the news thing, right, was not doing the opinion thing, doing the news thing. I was taught more better. Right. So if even if this dude's feeding you talking points in this situation which you don't really control, right because you're there, you're in your little box, you got your cameras running, finger crossed, Komal is gonna come over and be quirky and let him talk, say something, say yeah, if only so you can hit him with a follow up question. That's how you do that. And not a single reporter there goes yeah or ask a question about it, which would have been the logical thing to do, because he's still is gonna He's gonna say what he came to say. But if you also ask a question, that's a that's probing. Why wouldn't you take that opportunity? And they are like deer in the headlights. Man, it's the weirdest damn thing. No, no, no, nobody says anything.
Speaker 4: Well, she tends to be a prosecutor, gets you here. It tends to be a tough one, prime cocutter. And yet here, anyway, where do you go to our event? I appreciate you guys, can't hear.
Speaker 1: I wish the pages the more attention to see it, and it threw him off clearly. So I guess if that was the goal of the media there, but why is no? And now we did. That's the audio right there, right, and then there is a reporter as he's walking away that does yell at question. All right, so there, But it wasn't in that first moment when he came over where they didn't say anything to him. This guy's the nominee for vice president, say something to him. You might have to be in his press pool and they all just stare at him. In his local media too, because I recognize some of the people there because Oh Claire is a market next to Minneapolis, and I have had interaction with people there and stations.
Speaker 2: I think they know what they're doing. They're they're complicit in trying to hide her. And you see certain people now on the left, like a Chrys Sializza or even like I don't know if Nate Silver is still on the left, he's I saw, yeah, where the Chrys Salizza is like, hey, how come she's not answering questions?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And it's like Chris, they're not. They don't want to ask her questions because they know she's a moron, and they know she's actually, like we mentioned on the show a few days ago, she is actually very weird. The way she talks, the way she laughs like the joker in the middle of sentences for no reason. They know that the more she talks, the more her numbers are gonna go down.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: They're not going to press her for questions. They don't want to ask her questions because they know if they do, it's gonna hurt her and therefore her.
Speaker 1: But this is the thing. If they're not going to do that, and I totally agree with you, you have jd Vance right there. You think he's the weirdest dude on the planet. Let him say, is Spiel ask him a gotcha question. That's what's crazy to me about this. I can't I've stood in these press pools. There's you know, there's there's probably two or three TV stations, two or three print, one radio. There's always one radio. We're so underrepresented, the local newspaper, and then whatever national people are there. So I don't know, there's probably fifteen people there and not one of you even says anything to him. That's what's so weird here.
Speaker 6: Do you have repeatedly suggests only reason Coming Harris didn't pick Josh Shapiro to be a running manause this is the reporter at.
Speaker 1: A question which, by the way, good ask this question, but he doesn't ask it until Vance is walking away.
Speaker 6: Do you have repeatedly suggests only reason Coming Harris didn't pick Josh Shapiro to be a running mate is because.
Speaker 1: Of his Jewish faith. Do you have any evidence to.
Speaker 6: Support that assertion that a person who's married to a Jewish man is somehow anti Semitic or bowing to anti semis Well.
Speaker 1: I reject the premise of the question. I did not. All right, I'm gonna let him answer, but I'm gonna interrupt him real quick, which irritates some of you. How can you work in the media, ross you know where I'm going with this, because you had to dove this poor thing in. How can you work in the media and and think that there's no evidence that Tim Wall's selection had anything to do with Shapiro's race?
Speaker 2: No, I mean it goes It goes back to what I just said. You know, a few minutes ago, would they know exactly that that's happening? But they're running cover for her because they're working in hand with her like that. They they're playing their role in this. It's it's crazy.
Speaker 1: They're they're playing dumb on purpose. Ask the gotcha question, but this this ain't the gotcha question.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 6: You repeatedly suggest the only reason Tom Harris didn't pick Josh Shapiro to be a running mane is because of his Jewish faith. Do you have any evidence to support that assertion that a person who's married to a Jewish man is somehow anti Semitic or bowing to anti semis.
Speaker 1: Well, I reject the premise of the question.
Speaker 7: I did not say that that was the only reason that Kamala Harris didn't choose Josh Shapiro. So you should you know a little less DNC talking points when you ask your questions and ask a real question.
Speaker 1: I have suggested that Kamala.
Speaker 7: Harris was motivated, or at least her party was motivated by anti Sismatism, and the evidence that I offer for that is what dozens of Democratic activists said in the run up to her selecting her nominee. There were multiple grassroots activists, multiple media personalities, multiple people with influence in the Democrat Party who suggested that she should not choose Jashapiro because of his ethnic background. And look, I don't care what your ethnic background is. I know Donald Trump doesn't care what your ethnic background is. I do not want to live in a country where we're choosing who the next VP is based on skin color or ethnic heritage, choose based on merit. And the fact that so many prominent leaders in the far left felt empowered to talk about Shapiro's ethnic heritage is a disgrace and I think it's a scandal for the Democrat Party.
Speaker 1: And if any of these reporters were a remotely intellectually honest, all they have to do is turn on CNN. Yesterday we ran the audio and it's not the first time. MSNBC diving into it too, Van Jones calling it out and this idiot, I don't even know who the idiot is, this idiot standing on a tarmac and Eau Claire, Wisconsin and he's never heard of this. Because that's the story. The story is that a VP selection for the second time, but for very different reasons, was made in a way that if you hired somebody for that, or didn't hire somebody for those reasons, you technically would be violating labor laws. One was for wanting to make a point, wanting to do a show the Dei Higher thing of Kamala, and now it's we can't have him he's Jewish. No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's constant gaslighting from the media, right, Like you said, I was about to mention the de I thing where it's like, oh.
Speaker 1: No, no, but I understand, I understand my point. Like the usually the local media irritates the national media because they don't necessarily fall in line. Oh yeah, but they are, they are they are in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: What do you mean that she could be a deei Higher when we have Joe Biden saying those very words, right, or like, what what do you mean that? What do you mean the left could be anti semitic when we've seen all these protests on universities, like they're doing it on purpose.
Speaker 1: It is the local media falling in. I used to love when there was national media too, because there's there's a there's a way in which these things happen. And the national media people, if you're in a pressor and you don't abide by their rules, they will say stuff to you. So I would never abide by the rules I used to just irritate the crap. I would extend a meeting or a series when they were trying to get out of there with asking more questions, just to screw with them. And it's apparent now that I'm gone, they ain't got nobody up there. But you know, eau Claire, Wisconsin, ABC, CBS, NBC falling in line with this garbage, Lacrosse Tribune fallen in line. These are pretty red areas in the grand scheme of things. It was, it's just embarrassing, uh, terrorism, places to conduct terrorism. So apparently a Taylor Swift concert in not Germany, Austria, specifically Vienna.
Speaker 6: Was to be.
Speaker 1: The side of a terrorist attack, which authorities say that they were able to get ahead of. They have here we go do do do. Yeah, it's actually three shows which have been canceled. So three Taylor Swift shows canceled as part of a European leg of her Eras tour. They say Isis had a plot to attack her concert in Vienna or concerts authorities warning there could be other threats. If you remember the thing in the UK that's really kicked off into where we are right now, that was like a Taylor Swift dance class or something. I don't know exactly what it was, but it was little girls dancing to Taylor Swift. So I Taylor Swift is now Taylor Swift stuff is where ISIS has turned its attention apparently, which by the way, you're I if you're IS, do you want to deal with Swifties? Have you guys thought this out? Have you been around diehard Taylor Swift fans? You want to talk about fanatical true believers. I'm just saying I hope you you know, f't around and are going to find out. Also, uh you know, uh k pop. If you're isis, those like good luck you get with the K Pop and the Swifties on your case. They're not gonna come physically attack you, maybe, but they're gonna make your life hell online. You're gonna be out there. You're gonna be posting your recruitment videos.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's got like rockets and rock and roll and come kill the Infidels, right and and those groups. It's gonna get buried in the minutia. Man, just absolute garbage. Not that not the Swifties whatever. In this case, do your thing. But I just I don't know if Isis. Has uh has thought this out. But you know, following that story there in the UK and now you have this story, they.
Speaker 2: Have to be targeting her, right because they see her, you know, the West sees her has like a very strong successful woman. She's a butterm and they're like, you know, shut up women and put the the thing on your head right, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, she is the ultimate un you know, no, not wearing it, going out representing the Western culture. She's doing the big European tour. Basically, the European Union has imported Isis into most of their countries. I get it, you know, that's what the Who's concert in the UK gup had that attack? Was it Ariana Grande?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: I think it was Ariana Grande a few years ago? Yeah, Western artists, Man, that's I understand. I don't. I don't condone it, obviously, but I understand why they look at that and go, we're striking back of the West and we don't even have to leave the neighborhood. Let's see here, two suspects, a nineteen year old living in his parents' basement, Ain't it always the way? We're arrested Wednesday after police raided their home Bob squad found various chemical substances. It doesn't give any specifics, but as you can imagine, those were going to be some of the busiest places in Europe, not counting the Olympic stuff, which obviously has a crap ton more security. The shows which were scheduled. I guess tonight. Yeah, tonight was the first show, so tonight, tomorrow and Saturday. They don't say which one they were gonna go after, but they're completely sold out. The nineteen year old and Austrian National but believe to a pledge now, so I was reading Austrian National but his parents and him came over or came I doesn't see where they came from, though. Yeah. No, you're allowed to look at stuff like this. So I'm going to spring it upon you today. Hopefully you were a good listener yesterday. If you weren't, that's fine. Prepared to be surprised. We have two more sets of tickets, so four we're giving away in pairs oh two to the Great Gutfeldt Show, which is Sunday at d PAK and it's not been canceled as I understand, so we should be on the other side.
Speaker 3: Of this and.
Speaker 1: They're digital too, so like if you win and you know you're listening to meban or whatever, you don't even have to come to the radio station to pick them up. We can hook you up digitally. But I would prefer you want to go to the show, so you know, just win stuff. To win stuff, we call you prize pigs. If you do that, it's a whole thing, all right. So with that in mind, we'll give one of the pairs away at eight oh five, and one of the pairs now, so let's go with HM. Let's go at coller number nine, which is roughly I think the amount of seconds you have to live if one of these newly updated robot murder dogs comes for you. So I'll explain what they've attached to him now here in a moment. But coller number nine, Greg Gottfeld the shows at d pack. It's Sunday, and Russell Rossell gets the winner hooked up, all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven fourth some e screaming give me the number. There you go eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four caller number nine. All right, Now Ross has to handle that. So with that in mind, let me kick over to this. They have there's been an announcement that let's see ten am. Well, the meeting starts at ten am, so I guess I don't know exactly what time they'll make the announcement. But on Friday, I guess we're going to learn who the new chancellor of unc is University of North Carolina Chapel Hill expected to have its new permanent chance or Friday. System President Peter Hans Board of Governors scheduled to meet at ten following the meeting. I guess it'll be part of it. So I don't know they'll start it or how that'll work. Here's the thing, here's what I'm watching for, and I just want to this is the reason I'm doing this, not just to fill time while Ross is trying to find a winner, but rather is it gonna be Lee Roberts. So we don't even know if Lee Roberts is one of the candidates or the finalists for that matter, Like they haven't even said who's who they're looking at. But I don't know how you feel. I know how I feel. I kind of feel like what I've seen of Roberts, especially with some of the campus protests stuff. He's not some conservative moon bad out there counter protests, and then it looked like he was a guy who was just trying to maintain order. Man, he's the interim chancellor, and I would hate to think that any moon bats are gonna jack this up. I know that there's been some staff and faculty over there that have previously said back when initially Roberts, remember they got mad that he basically went out, how do we not have this in the system? How do we not have him? And I know we have to have it in the system. Well now I'm just irritated, but whatever, it's probably under unc My point is, you know, him walking out and going, you know what, hey, let's we're gonna not have any more of this nonsense right in the middle of everything that's going on. That's the kind of leadership that's been missing. Man. That's the kind of crap that people have sat there and when you know, and then they quote the Jesse Helms joke like, oh, we got a new zoo or whatever it is, let's go ahead and fence Chapel Hill. Right. This is this is why, man, he went out there and just said, hey, we're not going to do this. And then of course he had the fratros thing, but then they didn't do it anymore. He has expectations and guidelines. He's not going to sit there like the mayor of Baltimore when they're burning. All the CBS has gone on. I just gotta let him get it out of their system. That's not acceptable, not for not for our public university, not for any public university of North Carolina. If you private universities want to deal with lunatics, that's on you. But Carolina State, no, no, no, no, no no, and uh you know I think he. I think he dealt with it just fine. Oh, here we go, all right, I do have the thing, all right, wonderful button Bob, please sir? All right, So I did find the audio. Here's the chancellor who should be the chancellor come Friday. The current interim Chancellor, Lee Robbers.
Speaker 5: Anethetical to who we are, what this university stands for, Love have gone for.
Speaker 7: Camp knows how to.
Speaker 5: Express their views without shutting, without without my lady. That's why will stand here as long as I'm chancellor.
Speaker 1: H I hope those women are doing fine. I'm sure they're in great relationships with well adjusted people. You know. Here kind of reminds me of in that moment, like ben Stein, he's just getting screamed at. Nobody will talk about what he said, right, They're like, oh, how dare he go out there and take a position? What do you mean take a position? His position is we're not going to vandalize the campus. So again, I don't know if this dude's in the running or finalists because of how secretive they're being. Ross we got a winner, by the way, We're good to go. Okay, all right, we got a winner, everybody, So stop calling about that. You can call about other stuff you know that we're talking about. But the tickets are given away. We'll do another Paradato five. So here we go. From the article, it's not known if Roberts applied, interviewed, or is among the finalists for the job. I will say this, if he applied, if he wants the job, give him the damn job. You know, these lunatics said they're coming back in September. Now they had to leave for the summer. Genocide's still going or whatever in their mind. But South podre called or girls trip to Miami or whatever. They all left campus even though they didn't have to. Campuses are open, they've got summer classes, but they don't have the audience. So they had to put the there's a literal genocide protest campsite thing on hold. But many university protest groups say they're coming back in September, cause you know they're back from there, traveling, backpacking in Europe or whatever. They're going to get right to it. Put this guy in charge. We'll find out Friday. And again we also have to find out. I assume he's got to be in the running, but we don't know for sure. All right, seven fourteen, Cacoday Radio program phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. All right, So the robot murder dog do we're so screwed. So they've put flame throwers on this thing. This is the Boston Dynamics Dog. Right, we've seen flame throwers. We've seen literally a machine gun that was able to calibrate for the inertia. So if you remember the video, the thing literally is pasting a target groups of almost no deviation, and it lifts the front of the body off but is so quick to be able to adjust. It doesn't interrupt the pattern like the text, good, well, here we go new concept dogs being presented to the US military, who says they're exploring these. So you've got companies that are essentially bidding to be robot murder dog providers.
Speaker 7: I have.
Speaker 1: Provided some very interesting upgrades, including a brand new robot murder dog that not only has a mounted six which can be individually operated by the robot murder dog, but also soldiers. So what they're looking at is they're looking at the concept of this is, you know, like a soldier and a dog essentially, except it's a lot meaner than your pitbull if you have a bad one, and any other dog you could think of. Not only does it have the mounted gun O rambo, right. I don't know if that's actually I'm sixty, probably not, but it is. It is clearly larger than the M four anyway, not the point. In addition to the ability to mount weapons which can be obviously can be set to auto target. So now the soldier whoever's quote unquote CA nine that is, isn't even making the decisions. Some of the new models, including the ones from Ghost Robotics, also include various hunter killer drones, so drones that fly off of the main dog body and could be uh, you know, essentially explosive if you want them to be, or if you just want them for surveillance, they can do that. But the model they're offering does both, so it didn't even have to chase you anymore. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I was on the winter with our our buddy Can who wanted the tickets there for a Gutfeld. Yeah, did you say the robot dog now has miniature rambos? It it disperses? Is it like little tiny rambos with that gun from there?
Speaker 1: I made a gun. It's I made a gun of Rambo joke. It just says hunter killer drones. But I guess technically Rambo is a bit of a hunter killer.
Speaker 2: And you said that it sends out miniatures the korskis now, yes, yes, that's exactly what I You're gonna need a lot of rocks, yeah, oh man.
Speaker 1: All the rocks. Probably not a rot enough rocks in some area, Like if you're in a sand situation, pure sand, no rocks, You're screwed, man, dude, No, these are these drones that you're seeing like in the Ukraine, Russias of man. But it is kind of cool with the uh with the mounted uh mounted gun there, I mean, until it goes self aware. Obviously, Let's see other let's the other ones. Obviously they have ones with flamethrowers, because you got a bunch of companies wanting to make these for for people you know you need. I'll tell you what you need. You need ones that have the murder drones. Okay, you need the ones that can shoot. Maybe they can go win a rifle medal for US at the Olympics. And then it also has to have a very very loud, high depth speaker for crowd control where you can just pump these women right here, just pumped them, true the speaker and your enemy gives up. I'm assuming because I would, because holy hell, I can barely take five more seconds. So that's seven eighteen.
Speaker 4: Hang on.
Speaker 1: I mean he's a good swimmer, but I don't think. I think Ryan Lochti's had too much chlorine. You remember that name, right, Ryan Lochti, US swimmer. And so he's representing US in the Olympics. He's represented before, specifically in London Beijing, and oh yeah, Rio de Janeiro, Now why is that important? Because I'm reading this article here, this is a New York Post version where you know, certain athletes are not allowed to leave the village, which has actually been a bit of a thing for various countries. You had that smoke show Paraguay swimmer who actually lives in the US, wanted to represent the US. I don't know what the deal was, but got into it with Paraguay. She went to Disneyland. Everyone got mad at her. Oh she's drinking. Well she's twenty. It's eighteen by the way in France. If you ever go to France, so so you know your kids want to go. So there was that Lockedee uh was talking about how the team USA swimmers are not allowed to leave the Olympic village and some people are upset. Bro, you're why, You're why. The reason you know Ryan Lockte's name if you're not watching the Olympics and into swimming, is he had a little incident there in Riodsian era, like they were going to arrest you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I don't remember the specifics. But wasn't it like it wasn't drugs or was it a hooker?
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 3: So it was it was.
Speaker 1: Clearly probably a hooker, but the way that they reported it is like he was was it was either bus stop or a pham booth and he ripped something down. But it sounded like the way that they described who he was with that that that was probably a hooker, which I assume. I think it's probably legal in Brazil most of South America.
Speaker 2: But it's super weird to be doing that if you're like a gold medal winning olympian, right, or even if you're an olympian. That's like a thing in the Olympic village is like all the action that's going on with which is why they put in the sex proof beds.
Speaker 1: So why why do you need a hooker? Man? Well, I don't know. Why is the Secret Service need? Yeah a stressful day, I guess. I don't know, protecting the press or not protecting the president depending on it. Yeah, I don't know. He's married now because in this article like him and his wife. His wife's like and the funny thing is like his wife knows why the swimmers aren't allowed out. Dude, it's you. It's literally you, in fact, let me see here. And then like he had some insane audio where I'm like, is this kid okay? All right? So Ross was telling me apparently some of the newest residents of North Carolina are trying to figure out whether we need to evacuate. She likes to check out some of the community pages. Oh sure, yeah, I sent that stuff all the time by listeners like this insane person like Facebook.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I was just chewing so I don't mean to be disgusting. But yeah, so, like you know, next door and Facebook apps and different communities, and you know, obviously we have a lot of transplants here now from the West coast. I mean I'm now in wake Forest. I see a lot of people driving around with the tesla's now with the California plates right. For a lot of them, this was this is their first big store. And I mean I remember what that was like when I was like, you know, seventeen eighteen whatever working on the coast, right you were in Newbern. Yeah, that first, like it was Dennis and Floyd came through. Its terrified. They're absolutely terrified of that thing. But you see people now going where are the evacuation routes? Where we where are we supposed to evacuate too? And you have you know, locals who've been here forever that are like, why are you you we don't evacuate for this.
Speaker 1: I got invited to a hurricane party already.
Speaker 2: I remember the first time I was. I remember working on the beach in where I city, and I was like, what do you mean you're going out to the beach.
Speaker 1: Nuts, We're gonna be drinking on the patio, Come on. And now it's like, oh, what is it?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 6: Is what?
Speaker 1: What cat is it? It's not even a cat's a tropical Yeah, yeah, no, it's fine. All right. So if if you're still concerned, you're listening and you're a and you're a lunatic, not if you're a good transplant, but if you're one of those like, hey, I should make everything blue down here. So what we do is we all meet at the top of Mount Mitchell, highest point in the state of North Carolina. Got a road right up there, well, not to the very top. It's a short walk. The amount of people drive up there but won't take that short walk. It's very weird. So anyway, that's where we go, bring a dish to share.
Speaker 2: Some people even check out the boone big beer, go on top of that thing. The vista from on top of it. Man, have you seen that Vista. It is something no nobody else is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's have a drone that's it's not a thing anyway, all right, I will find to go to the Do you want a bunch of moon bats at the boom big beer.
Speaker 2: I'll say the drive in today was sort of rough, though at like four am it was it was pretty rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no, look absolutely, to be clear, obviously, Look, people normalize things around in the same way that when I was living in Minnesota and they're like, can you believe it's ten below and it's snowing, And I'm like, yeah, yeah, I can't. If you're not used to it, you're not used to it. Things blow me away. Dude. When I heard how they canceled schools in North Carolina when I moved here, what you know, thirteen fourteen years ago, I'm like, I'm like in shorts.
Speaker 8: Do you know?
Speaker 1: I had one canceled school day my entire high school career in Wyoming one and it was wind. It was the amount of snow that was blean. It was a visibility issue, and then it stopped by noon, and you could tell our principle was upset that he'd made that call and smudged, perfect record. So yeah, you know, be smart. Here's the deal. Have have a drawer, have a little thing. How make sure you have water? And I mean this seriously, don't you don't drive it. Don't drive unless you want to drive to Mount Mitchell. That's on you. But you know, make sure you have that stuff. Yes, weather radios are probably a pretty good thing because you never know, you never know the storm can hit so different from Ross's house in wake Forest to the radio station, as evidenced by his drive in this morning, so you know, and and my house is on the other side of Crabtree Creek from the radio station. I can't tell you the number of mornings where instead of being able to come on Capitol or wake Forest Road or any of that, I had to literally come off Anderson because it's a high bridge over there. So for those of you know Rawleigh, you understand what I'm talking about, Like, it can get crazy you real quick. So but now you're gonna be good. And you know what if your neighbors invite you a seriously, if your neighbors are having a little hurricane party thing, as one of mine is, uh, go meet your neighbors. I can't I can't tell you how weird it is, how few people know their neighbors anymore. You'll enjoy it, just don't don't be in there, like you know what, Gavin Newsom made a lot of good points. Don't do that. Did you see do you see the big piece of art in la somebody did a billboard with him as a lizard. Dude with like a Gavin Newsome leather face mast that's accurate, dude, It's really funny. Apparently he's not pleased. But uh, whatever, I thought. You like artists, So no, go over there, talk about your kids or you know, funny stories, any of that. You know why, because yeah, anybody, has anybody ever been nervous flying? You're ross, are your nervous flyer? And probably not, You're probably.
Speaker 2: Not once we're in the air. No, but Lake, I mean I think everybody when you fly, you kind of had that thought in the back of your head.
Speaker 1: My little brother was a nervous flyer. I think the only I want to say maybe no, because he just he took the family to Mexico this year, so obviously he flew. But I told him the thing. It never bothered me. But a really good piece of advice watched the flight attendants. If the flight attendants are just happy, go lucky, you're fine, which is why when I had to make that emergency landing when I was flying from Tampa to Raleigh and we ended up right up, we blew a tire on takeoff when we were in mad Dog, MD eighty and so they have just two little tires on the front and they couldn't tell apparently whether we blew both or one. So we got the fastest I've ever flown to Atlanta priority landing, and then we did the brace brace thing. One of the flight attendants was was young because I got selected to be the open the door guy. This is the whole thing. By the way, if you're on a flight and they have to do an emergency landing where they're literally screaming brace at you, they will ask for some folks and who are solo, preferably who are sitting up front you a me upgraded, and they want to show you how to work the door in case the flight attendant, I guess you know, something happens. So I was in that little group. This girl is, and I say girl, I mean girls. She looks very young. Her hand is shaking. She's a flight attendant, and I told this story on the radio, and I'm like, I didn't say that, that's you know, I just said I could see your hand shaking. So and then I joked with her because I'd done it once before. Yeah, don't get on a plane that I'm on. But I realized that her standing up there trying to make those announcements with her handshaking, that's going to unnerve some people. Whereas even if we're hitting turbulence, if they're still serving drinks, I'm like, God, it's fine. So yeah, but if they start like chain smoking or something, you know, there's a problem. Right they just there's like chain smoking, they're like hooking up with each other. You're like, okay, all right, this is not good. But yeah, so you know, watch that and if if you haven't gone through it, you'll learn some stuff like how to make a delicious hurricane punch, which is what this particular neighbor does. You know.
Speaker 2: It used to be every time we used to get a storm coming through, my mom used to like call me like all the time and like send text messages and be very worried because she's up there in New York watching the Weather Channel, right, she would just be watching it and she'd be like, I see this dog is coving it. Now she's like she does, she saw it was a tropical storm. But I talked to her yesterday and she's like, I saw it was a tropicals dom. I didn't even want to bothery you. I'm like whatever, cause she knows.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, yeah, good good. It's good because now your mom's got less stress. Man, she's not worried about it. I'm telling you that would be my advice for you. So if you're new, you'd never been through any of it. One, you know this ain't it. But go go meet your neighbors or something. Talk people have been through it. Look anyone who was here for Floyd or Matthew or they want to tell you about it. They do wells number two. They want to tell you about that, or they want to tell you about the time that we had a nice storm and there was no power for telling people like telling those stories about that time they survived that thing they did, So you know you'll get some comfort there. But if you're insane, go to Mount Mitchell or the top of Boom Big Beer. So that's what we do anyway, seven forty three? Ken boone, ken boone? Are they making him stand in the weather at least?
Speaker 5: No, I'm inside, protected from the elements.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, not you.
Speaker 1: I want Ray out there. If he's not, if he doesn't have the if he doesn't have the respect to show, I want him standing out there. Blow you know, because you're not blowing that, dude.
Speaker 2: Ray could plan himself down and just stay there, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nacho's drink a beer here a lot better, all right. Well that being said, yeah, people are you know, we got a lot of transplants down that they're trying to figure out where they have to evacuate. Unless you're one of the beach communities, No, you're fine, but it's not gonna be nice, so give us the rundown, sir. No, it certainly isn't.
Speaker 5: Continuing to obviously, watch Debbie. It's going to pick up some steam as we head through the day today, moving through South Carolina, getting into southern North Carolina, the center of circulation between Fayeteville and Charlotte sometime early to mid afternoon. By two o'clock tonight, it's up around the Greensboro area, and then by eight o'clock tomorrow Tomorrow morning, it's well into Virginia. The heavy rain, however, well out in front of it. That's what we've been dealing with most of the overnight hours here, in the early morning hours in and around the Raleigh area. And of course we're in the section of the storm that gives us the highest chance to see some tornadoes, and we've had some tornadoes and some tornado warnings. So that's primarily going to be threat the rest of today and tonight. As the storm moves northward, periods of rain, it'll be heavy at times, thunderstorms embedded in that rain, the possibility of tornadoes. We do have a floodwatch in a tornado watch that we made in effect. So today and tonight very dangerous out there. Things get better tomorrow as the showers and storms I think taper off in the morning hours. Might actually see some late afternoon sun Before all a said and done, temperatures tomorrow into the mid eighties. But by the time we get into the weekend though more sunshine expected for Saturday and Sunday, although still a slight chance that we could see some showers and storms as we get some kind of wrap around moisture in behind the storm.
Speaker 1: Will I will say this, my favorite weather of all time in North Carolina are the days after a hurricane and or a tropical storm moves through, humidity drops. It's just really nice, which is good for picking up all your stuff. So thank you, Ken, appreciate it. All right, we'll talk to you a bit Ken Moon there from the Weather Channel. I'm the only one, hey, quick question, Roz. Back in your younger days when you were a little more wild, do you ever punch a world leader?
Speaker 2: But you're mean as possible, I'll black out. You don't know what happens. You know what happened to that before? Who was at the club? Was it a castro?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, I don't know what happened. Who punched Gandhi? Anyway, because apparently that's the thing, at least for one dude. I'll explain next. Hang on, who were up at the space station? And we're brought there by the Boeing spacecraft or high altitude whatever the heck it is. And and you know Boeing's obviously you know, they're having some time in the news, and there was some problems with the ship, like Elon Musk was offering to go get them, and we had this like avalanche of coverage where Boweings like, no, everything's fine, everything's fine, We're gonna have them. We'll get them out of there now. And by the way, they could get out of there, there are the escape pods probably the wrong word. There are the Russian escape vehicles. What's you're up there? And they have two of them, so like, feasibly if they you know, something was if a comet was coming to hit it, I guess they'd get out of there. But now, even though they're definitely not stranded, Boeing says, they'll probably have to wait till next year. So which I again, I'm not a rocket side. That sounds stranded to me, right because it's it's it's the eighth of August. Maybe you mentioned this. I was busy. How much food do they have up there? Oh? Let's see here. Oh that's like where they prepared for this sort of thing. So weird thing, weird thing they're going to use the oh what was the what was the guy's name from the astra or from the astronaut from the Martians? Mark?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, who's the dude who came up with the trajectory so they could just do the fly by of Earth where you had Vince it Kapor who was the yeah, and then you had what was the dude's name. He's a musician actor dude, yeah, Donald whatever, Yeah, but his his character well anyway, so you know, maybe they could just refill with that. Of course, that turned into a whole Chinese propaganda thing in the movie.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have to grow potatoes. I mean, that's all they can do.
Speaker 1: But in what what would you what would you grow potatoes in?
Speaker 2: They're gonna have the science the crap out of this, yeah, yeah, higher working knowledge on the situation is based on the Martian, that's it.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, I watched one of those Uh try remember his business insider. Does they do these YouTube videos or they bring in experts on stuff and they have review movies and they had they had an astronaut in there, and he said that there's a lot of good science in the Martian actually, versus a lot of the crap that you see. So he didn't seem super confident about the potato thing though, which I thought was weird, But uh, anyway, you gotta try, so, Yeah, they're gonna be there till next year. And as Ross pointed out, they didn't bring a lunch. Well that many lunches, so you know what it is. But they you know, they send supply stuff up to the you know, unmanned supply stuff currently. So but the thing is like, literally, we live in an era where if Elon Musk wanted to go get them, he could go get them.
Speaker 2: I was about wonder if theer if they're not asking Elon Musk to help out, or maybe they have and we don't know about it, but is it because it's like an election year and they know where he lies politically?
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe the whole Remember he offered, he offered when this came out, and at first it sounds like Bowen was like, no, no, it'll be fine. But like, we live in an era. We live in an era where literally somebody can go get them. Who's just a dude. I mean he's a really rich dude, but he's just a dude. That's crazy. That's crazy. That's that's where we are right now. Oh man, your car brought your car broke down. Oh man, I'm gonna send you an uber. Were not quite there, but we're almost there, and he will. They'll go up and get him. It'll be fine. Elon misk would love it. So yeah, I guess feasibly, I would have to assume that that's the case, cause you're gonna you're going to send You're gonna have to send supplies up there. So if you're gonna launch a rocket, why don't you let Elon go get him. He'll tell you he can be on the damn thing. What did somebody put Gary carry Sinise?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: Donald Glover's character was not named Gary Sinise, But if you're referring to Apollo thirteen, then yes, oh way, hold on, how Boston Paul? You know what, Boston Paul can go get him. He's got to win a Bago tells me all about it an email. All right, hold on, what is this? I'm sorry that there are weather alerts going off because there's a storm coming Boston Paul. That is the emergency alert system. We have no control over that, and you should probably listen to it. Thank you. Please mention that when that goes off, there's nothing we can do about it. We can't. It just goes off.
Speaker 2: But also you should listen to what it says, and also we know when it's going off because it's screaming in my ear here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Ross's studio. That's he can't he can't even turn his damn mic on. In Ross's studio is the speaker box for it.
Speaker 2: So when it goes, it just does what it is. It's literally two inches in front of my in front of my face. It is in an unfortunate position. What if we send it to space?
Speaker 1: Is eight oh six here on the KCO Day radio program, our phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight s four Ross, I just saw the weirdest headline. Do you know the city that is among the highest property value increase in the nation last year? It's in New York. Oh, in the entire nation. Well it's it's it is, it's the highest in New York. But it's you know, it's up there, and because they have it by state essentially, so it's one of the you know, the top fifty. So what do you think it was in New York? Got to be Schenectady. Schenectady, so Buffalo, Buffalo. Gill Bills says a percentage, So obviously it's probably not real dollar value. But what's up with that man? Josh Allen making your home expensive again.
Speaker 2: I think it's Josh Allen generational talent, the likes you've never seen before. Many people say that, and at least in my timeline an X, not on.
Speaker 1: ESPN, they don't. And well you know what, screwnick right, that guy sucks. Yeah, okay. But also the new stadium they're building, right, it's got to raise property value, all right, Sure, it's got to raise property taxes for sure. Yeah, I don't know. I lived. I lived about three blocks from the Minnesota Wild Arena the Excel Energy Center in Saint Paul for a year when I first moved to the Twin Cities, and I thought it would be cool. It really sucks to live next to a stadium because if there's something, if there's a match, if there's a concert, if there's anything going on, and it's you know, close to it, you're not driving anywhere anytime soon?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? I bitch and complain. When it's Friday night and white in Wake Forest, I'm like, little is traffic? All these people to music?
Speaker 1: Turn the music down. I'm old.
Speaker 2: The old man shouts at clouds. I can't imagine like living next to the stadium.
Speaker 1: Oh you live the closes now you're going on foot. It's a good time party atmosphere. That's great. But if I, like, if I had to leave my apartment and I knew I was gonna have to leave at like five or six in the afternoon and there's like a seven o'clock hockey match or something, I would leave super early because even though you're going the opposite direction of everybody, a lot of times they turn the streets, all the lanes going to it's just a nightmare. So but whatever, I just thought that was kind of a weird stat. All right, here's another weird stat. We are down to one set of tickets to the Great Gutfeld Show coming up at DPAK on Sunday. Let's see Ross. Let's go caller number six because that's the number of months the astronauts may be stuck on the space station. So if you want to win those tickets right now, our phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. It's digital so we can set you up so even have to come pick them up again. It's Greg Gottfeld and guests. It's Sunday at d PAK, and caller number six will get him. So eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four that's how you get that done? All right? Well, Ross is swimming through the phone calls finding a winner. Let me share this with you. A Polish man has pled not guilty to assaulting the Danish prime minister. The story's nuts, claiming he was too drunk to remember punching the leader. And I think the Danish prime minister is a woman too, and considering what's going on in the Olympics, I would think everyone would be a fan of this. Right, people with a full body of testosterone and X y chromosomes punching women. I mean that's you know, that's Paris right now. Anyway, So Mehdi, I don't know how to pronounce her first name. Mattim Metti Friedrichson is the prime minister, the Danish prime minister. She's in charge of the tulips. Did sustain minor neck and shoulder injuries. Now, to be clear, he didn't punch her in the face, so he punched her really hard in the shoulder though, and by the way, he should go to jail. I have no problem with that because it sounds like prime Minister's just there. He allegedly, let's see is corner one of the bodyguards. Let's see, Okay, So the suspect says he was having a bad day, went to the bar, got himself all the alcohol, and he said, before I knew it, I guess. I guess I was standing face to face with the Prime Minister, but I don't remember anything else until I'm arrested. According to one of the bodyguards, the suspect launched into a tirade, but it was quote incomprehensible, and I guess the Prime Minister was listening to it. And then he just punched her in the shoulder really hard, full fist, full swing. It looks like so yeah, but he claims he'd he don't remember that part, and he also doesn't remember the point he was trying to make. So but you know, we've all been there. That's just that's just what it was. Really weird too, is you gets so many smaller countries. Norway brags about this like you could be just you just be in the store and there's the there's the PM. I saw they did some little commercial about it. I seem to remember. But yeah, so this guy's at the bar, he sees her. It doesn't sound like they think it was politically motivated. They just think he's a jerk when he's drunk. I'm trying to find out how many you know, how much time he faces? Just says he faces a potential prison sentence and even though he is a legal resident, technically he is a citizen of Poland, so they might deport him. Well, then look at that they finally found a way to get deported in the EU. All right, and appeers Ross as a winner from what he's doing. So I'm just letting you all know, if you're dialing dialing, I can just kind of see what he's doing. But he's writing stuff down, so all right, check that out. Perfect, all right, coming up, let's see. I gotta figure out much time I'm gonna need for this audio because I've had to log into this thing three times. So you all know that JD. Vance is a marine vet right and served in Iraq, Iraq craft Gan. He served. He served in the war in the Middle East. So like literally, if Walls wants to get into this, this whole thing is gonna be it should be interesting and frankly, maybe it's taking hold I don't know. Again, the whole thing that I explained to you yesterday with Adie Vance or excuse me, with Tim Walls. Like everyone in Minnesota has heard this and nobody's cared. But now like CNN was covering it, so I don't know, I maybe maybe some people will look into it. That being said, if you're one of these idiot pundits on CNN or MSNBC and you feel that you're gonna, you know, sit there and talk about this, could you do a modicum of research because they didn't do any including a senator from Minnesota, Miss Tina Smith, who I've always assumed was an idiot because I've seen it. She proves it, and she's on CNN running her mouth. So we'll play that audio for you because apparently they didn't know jd. Vance served, which is crazy considering he's the VP nominee and they're the expert pundit supposedly to opine upon it. We'll get those examples and much more coming up. Eight fourteen. Hang on, all right, So there is a French athlete. His name is David Duliette. He competes in some sort of track in Fear. It doesn't matter. I don't know why you wouldn't put in this story, but it doesn't matter. So anyway, So he's being interviewed at the Olympic. I thought he was in the current Olympics, but actually he's now retired. But he did win medals. Let's see, let me retire for a little while. Two thousand and twelve. Well whatever, and he was. So he's being interviewed. And what you have to know about mister Deuliette is he gets a little political. He's a fan of Macron, likes to run his mouth on the social media about social issues and tax the rich and eat him and all that stuff. So anyway, so he's being interviewed about what happens when he went a medal, and he says it's actually pretty unfair, and then he goes on to explain it. So, by the way, in France, if you win a medal, you get anywhere from twenty thousand to eighty thousand euros. Obviously a gold gets you eighty thousand, and then he has twenty for bronze. I don't know how much for silver. However, aduliet has taken offense by a new decision by the French government, who just if you remember, they just kind of revamped some of their tax stuff, right, because they're like, remember that time we tried to do a ninety percent tax bracket for the rich people and then they all left, Let's let's try this again. So they updated their tax and as part of it now that he is taxable. So if you're a French athlete and you just won eighty thousand euros as his buddy did, I guess that's why they're talking to him. I think he does some coaching stuff too. That eighty thousand euros is text and it's tax based on whatever your bracket is. Couple with your other spending. Dude, I love this. So you're telling me that you're the eat the rich guy. You're essentially AOC French dude, right, You're like, yeah, we got to go ahead and get them. And you're bitching because somebody who gets eighty k for eighty thousand euros, what is that? Probably one hundred thousand US. I'm not sure where the euro is versus the dollar right now. The dollar is so soft in so many places, but dude, you got what you wanted. Man.
Speaker 2: And you know he's celebrating the coalition too, when they made that with the communists there so that the right wouldn't get power. I think they don't go far enough. They should take his medal and they need to melt it down or divide it up and give it amongst the people. Who is he to say that he has an individual achievement based on merit? What that's kind of? It crosses me out, to be honest, I'm gonna vomit.
Speaker 1: Gone, Yeah, he won you won medals in two different Olympics. Did he win it or did the people win it? That's a very good point, you know, I mean, yeah, yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: What's more important than people or is individual achievement?
Speaker 1: By the way, do you know the US pays for medals. We don't tax it, by the way here in the US, just so you know, we pay thirty seven thousand and five hundred if you get a gold So I don't know. I saw it on pound Stars for like five bucks. But I think that's in addition to the medal, so, which you know is fine. So what is his thing? Why is he different here? We go for some athletes it's just pocket money. For others in small sports, it's huge. And then he goes on to explain, also, you only have the opportunity to win it once every four years. Okay, so you want eight thousand euros and people in France who make that are now being taxed more because of what you supported. And you want to be like, no, no, no, no, we're just a We're a little athlete. We're not Christiano Ronaldo or you know, one of the big famous European athletes. And it's like, dude, do you understand what a hypocrite you are? I mean, granted, you can run away from this discussion. I probably can't catch.
Speaker 7: You, but.
Speaker 1: He looks like he's a runner anyway. Ah, that's funny. And the interviewer, of course doesn't say anything. I am shocked. All right, let's get to audio that we do have. So the uh, you know, the JD Vans smearfest, the couch stuff, all of that that that that's normal. But you have obviously a veteran thing with Tim Walls that is of some concern. So if you're going to be brought on as a pundit to talk about it, and you know you're going to be deflecting, right because that's what you do, Well, what about JD vance could you do announce research? Especially if you're let's see, I don't know a senator from Minnesota. This is Senator Tina Smith on CNN yesterday.
Speaker 10: Well, here is Tim Walls, who enlisted when he was seventeen years old. He served in the National Guard for twenty four years. And I'm not aware of any military service that Jada Vance has ever.
Speaker 1: By the way, the CNN guy, I want you to hear, how lazy a correction?
Speaker 7: This is.
Speaker 1: Like you can tell the CNN guy doesn't want to say anything to her because he doesn't want to be the one who brought it up. Do you think maybe he just doesn't know?
Speaker 2: No, he does her, Yeah, he knows. Do you think she doesn't know because he omits a big part of what he says?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, no, no, That's why I'm saying. It's just the laziest kind of like I was doing my job as a journalist. All right, So here we go. This is uh you'll hear right here, Kurt.
Speaker 10: So let's just make the comparison there, and what happened is the tragedy of the employed and then the unrepped.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, pardon me for that.
Speaker 1: He was he was just in the Marines, was it? Ross? Do you feel that that might be missing some kind I think it might be. Yes, what would that context? He was deployed in Iraq, oh literally in a war zone, and the beef with Walls, I believe is him not wanting to go to Iraq. So yeah, no, the correction could have been more. But I you know, at least at least he knew the Marines thing. I have to assume he knows. I assume just like those reporters on the target, like I assume they all know. And the only thing that I can conclude is their absence of interest in any of this is pure partisanship. And I'm not wrong. That's the that's the most likely. But I still think they know. Tina Smith probably didn't know because she's an idiot, but she's always been an idiot. Let's go over to MSNBC see if they do better.
Speaker 11: Evance has criticized him as never having been in combat, as he and as he well has Jeddie Nance been in comment? Well, I think he was over in Iraq. I think as you know, as a public relations officer, as a communications officer, I think that's the case.
Speaker 1: So that is that's Nancy Pelosi when when not requesting that Joe Biden go on Mount Rushmore, also having zero clue about the person she's literally in there to to trash on. It's just so lazy. Look, if I want to do, if I want to say mean things about you, I want as much information as possible. Do you understand the amount of joy that it brought me to destroy Boston on this radio show a few months ago? And that required me to have knowledge of former presidents coming from the Massachusetts area. They're complete and utter, lack of educational success, and various other things like because I do my research, man done by the Associated Press is a it is a it is a climate It is about climate change. Okay, Right, so they did this poll, but they asked not They didn't say climate change and stuff. They just said hot weather, very hot weather, and times of the year like summer versus winter. Okay. But then when you get into the conclusion of the actual article, they're like, see if this is things that affect you now and you don't even think of it as climate change, what is climate change going to do to you? All Right? So that's what this is about. This is what this is an actual study that was done. They got North Carolinians. Let's see here, Lavina Lindall closes off entire rooms. Where's it? Where in North Carolina she lives? I just say she lives in North Carolina. I don't know, all right. So Lavina Lindall closes off in higher rooms, covers windows with blackout curtains, and budgets to manage the monthly cost of electricity for her air conditioner. All right. So they talk about it like it's an unusual but here's literally what they pulled. Okay, you ready for this? In fact, ross, can I pull you like you're one of these folks and then act like we're all gonna die? Okay? Yeah? For science and the children? Sure? Sure, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. All right. So let's let's see if extreme heat I eat climate change, if extreme heat is impacting you or your family? All right, So would you say during the summer it impacts your electricity? Bill?
Speaker 2: I would say yes, because I don't like being hot, because I'm not a lizard or a lizard person.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, you know it's actually scary about this. So forty of North Carolinians say it has a major impact. Thirty percent say it has a minor impact, which means what are thirty or thirty percent of you homeless?
Speaker 2: It could be people that just don't have air conditioning. Right, but even then, like because we went through that for like years, right, you lead to the tower fans, you set them up, so he's still have electricity going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not here? You didn't, right, well did you?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 1: You had one, You had one of your units go out? Right?
Speaker 2: We had we had no no AC here for three years, wow, the past three years, and it sucked. It was super hot.
Speaker 1: So maybe that's the thirty percent. Yeah, it could be me or maybe you know, I don't know. Some some utilities allow you to average it throughout the years, so maybe that's what there's I don't know anyway, all right, have you ever, due to extreme heat, reconsidered or changed plans that you or your family may have had for outdoor activities because of extreme heat? Yes? Yes we have. Oh yeah, wow, looking at that, you're basically al gore man. Have you altered your exercise, your outdoor exercise routine because of the temperature? This is also dumb. How much money was put towards this study. Sure it's all the money. I'm sure it's all the money. I don't know, at least it doesn't look like you and I paid for it, ap paid for it.
Speaker 2: I'm concerned yeaes that the money that they spent on this took away money they could have been spending spending on the cocaine monkey study.
Speaker 1: White Forest University.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was like a waste of money. Yeah, you could have been researching the cocaines and the monkeys.
Speaker 1: Right, doing the monkeys, giving them the blow and stuff and yeah, probably the disco. Yeah, so you think that that's money, that that that's the monkey's money for blood. They're stealing the monkey. Yeah, the money from the monkey. Like a monkey go down to go down to Florida. Get the bales that are washing up, get it for the monkeys. Man totally playing that song. This is an actual thing. Wait for is that you paid for it? Wake Course University.
Speaker 8: One hundred forty foot grant. That's a lot to be asking to study cocaine o monkeys. Get this fun up and watch out on its last and then once had is they spend your much their connomics the emulation mind me hunt your little brow when boking monkeys on powder. It's what you get fit to do so many ways our tax dollars? Could you spend it instead of using market powder.
Speaker 1: To turn dam its to coke heads? Monkeys are cocaine?
Speaker 8: What the public had in line.
Speaker 11: Monkeys are cocaine.
Speaker 1: Monkeys are cacain.
Speaker 8: Curious charge you to do a lot?
Speaker 11: Monkeys are callcain.
Speaker 1: See the entire purpose of the article that accompanies this this survey is to convince people that if they say yes to these things, that that's out of the ordinary. Right. Other questions included have you made changes to uh when how you handle your pets because of the temperature? I hope so right? You don't wanna You don't wanna bake their little brains in a car in the middle of summer, so you don't do that. Also, if it's really really cold, you may not keep them outside all the time. This isn't new stuff. Has your sleep ever been impacted by the temperature?
Speaker 2: Yes, this is all stupid. There's no reason for this study. What about the poor monkeys and their cocaine.
Speaker 1: Come on, they're probably coming down right now. They've been on a bender for like what six years? However long that story was? Can you imagine? Oh, well, you want to put them through that. Come on, that's not fair. Have has the timing or planning of events such as weddings or reunions been impacted by the weather. Yes, there's a reason that there's a window in which most people get married, depending on where you live, if because of the ability to have it. Let me explain this real quick. Let me leave North Carolina for associated press here. Do you know what I've never been to during the eight years or so that I lived in Minneapolis of February outdoor wedding? Actually, you know what, I take that back. I take that back. One of the dudes who works for one of the big fishing shows up. He does ice fishing stuff. Him and his wife did get married on a lake near Brainerd. I didn't go, but I do remember it was a thing and I was invited. I was out of town. But that was the one time other than that. They tend to schedule weddings in Minnesota to which I've been a lot. I've been to a lot of them. I was in my twenties. So my whole friend face is right in that get married age generally generally June to about September generally. But yes, so if your electricity bill's gone up, you've changed outdoor activities, your pets got hot or you got hot sleeping. It's an emergency and you should do something. Absolute lunacy man. Oh yeah, I'm trying to find but yeah, it looks like they paid for it, so I want to make sure that it was they who did the poll and not you and I through some sort of grant to idiots. All right eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Dude, I'll tell you the one that the one for me is the sleeping thing. If it's warm, I can't sleep, so I like, I like it super chill. It's the opposite for me. If it's warm, I like it knocks me out, does it? Everybody's different. So yeah, it's if it's warm in my bedroom, I am I'm gonna have a hard time falling asleep.
Speaker 9: So but I was.
Speaker 1: You know, it's one of those things too, where like my favorite thing in the world when I live in Minneapolis, See how late I could be turning the heater on and it would be like fifty eight in.
Speaker 2: My I think it's like a dude thing though, right, that's like, yeah, accomplishment, Like I made it this long without having to turn Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I go home. I'm like, I could see my breath. Yeah, And let me tell you, it's extra bad when you do morning radio because you're milling around your house at like three in the morning and then turn the heater on. It's October in Minneapolis. Holy cow. All right, but yeah, no, that is that's total dude showing off stuff. Ken Boon, You ever do that? See how long you can wait for turning your heater on in the winter? Oh yes, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I remember literally one time I walked into my kitchen, which is the way it was set up, was a little separate there. It had its own climate system there, and I could see my breath and I thought I had accomplished something.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I don't think I've ever let it get that cold in the house, but I do try to wait as long as possible.
Speaker 1: That three in the morning, get ready for morning radio, you know how it is? So all right, that's now we're getting ready for two day though, not going to get cold on you, but very very wet. So let's talk about that timeline.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we continue to monitor DEBBI right now, the center circulation very near the floor in South Carolina area, still moving towards the northwest, picking up a little bit of forward speed maximum sustained windsor at forty five miles per hour now more of a gradual turn to the north as we head here through the morning and end of the early afternoon hours, and then it's going to head up through North Carolina, making it all the way to the Greensboro area by two am early Friday morning.
Speaker 1: So what does that mean for us?
Speaker 5: We will continue to have periods of rain and storms, locally heavy flooding rains at times, and the threat for tornadoes as we're going to be on the east side of this storm as it moves up through North Carolina. We currently have a tornado watch, floodwatch, and a flash flood warning in effect, and that's going to be pretty much the case much of the day today. That threat of tornadoes is going to be with us all day today and tonight with periods of heavy rain off and on. The showers and storms should begin to taper off, I think as we head through the morning hours on Friday, maybe even a few peaks of sunshine tomorrow afternoon, But as we get into the weekend, we're definitely gonna see some dryer air move in mix the clowns and sunshine over the weekend with high Saturday Sunday mid eighties. Maybe a slight chance for a shower storm late in the weekend, but definitely today. If you don't have to be out, best advice would be to stay in because the rain is just going to be really heavy and it could be very dangerous in spots out there.
Speaker 1: Today. It is a three hour show we do in the morning, and I think with all the AS's, people have heard twenty minutes. So it's crazy, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: We've had a lot of tornado warnings and that's going to be the case because, like I said, we're on that east side of the circulation, so we're gonna have that tornado threat much of the day and night tonight.
Speaker 1: Is it the right side or the left side? You shoot into the hurricane? Do you remember what do you mean? Shoot into the hurricane? Remember the idiot's shooting into the hurricane in Florida last year?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I don't remember that. Oh man, you should look that up. That's good stuff. So I had to put a warning out telling people not to shoot at the hurricane. It wasn't last year. It was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 5: But oh no, I had not heard that.
Speaker 1: That's amazing anyway, all right, thank you very much. I didn't do any good, by the way, so Igo ken Boone from the Weather Channel. Yeah, I thought that was a fun fact. How do they not hear about that at the Weather Channel? Anyway? All right, Jeff Bellinger's with us next. Hang on, good.
Speaker 9: Warning, Casey, just got a report from Washington. There was a smaller that expected increase last week and the number of workers signing up for unemployment benefits. The Labor Department counted two hundred thirty three thousand first time application, seventeen thousand fewer than the prior week. Now, the markets has put a lot of weight on the jobless claims DATUS, and it's being viewed as good news.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 9: S and P futures are up forty four points. NASDAC futures or up two hundred and eighteen. The Dow futures are up one hundred seven. Investors nerves we learned yesterday were not entirely soothed by Tuesday's rebound on Wall Street. An early rally attempt to fizzle yesterday. The major averages closed lower. The shares of Warner Brothers Discovery were among the after hours losers. Yesterday, the media company posted a ten billion dollar loss for the current quarter latest quarter that is mainly due to a more than nine billion dollar write down on the value of its traditional TV networks. The company says CNN, TNT and other cable channels are no longer worth as much as they were when Discovery bought Warner Brothers in twenty twenty two. Technology companies involved in the gig economy emerged as one of the bright spots during the second quarter earnings reporting season. A lot of big tech firms were not able to convince investors that money spent on artificial intelligence was worth it, but the results from Uber, Door, dash In, Stacart, and grub hub parent Just Eat Takeaway all top Wall Street forecasts. One exception was Lift and Casey. The high cost of restaurant meals has a lot of diners trading down dying brands. The parent of I Hot and Applebee says visits from lower income customers have declined, but the two chains are attracting more guests from wealthier households regardless of income. It seems inflation has Americans looking for value these days.
Speaker 1: Casey, Jeff, I can remember, do you have a pet cat or dog?
Speaker 9: I had a cat. He passed away during during COVID.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. I think I brought that up and felt bad earlier. So dul Chain Gabana have launched pet perfumes and they started one hundred and fifty bucks. So oh looking that money you saved.
Speaker 9: Yes, just to make the pet if you smell better, or you smell like the pet if you use Yeah.
Speaker 1: Your cat smells like some other pets, but now you can make it spell like dult Shakebana stuff. So oh boy, you know, okay, all right, I have a good day. Yeah, what what are we doing? What are we doing? Folks? What do you pay one hundred and fifty dollars? My cologne doesn't cost one hundred and fifty dollars a bottle, not even clothes. I mean it's a step above truck stop spray. But you know, still good Lord Doltjengebana launched new luxury pet perfume line. I guess they're there. They don't have any alcohol, they're alcohol free and a couple other changes, so they're pet safe. Obviously, but no, they just let's see, Fifi is the dog scent and Gotto is the cat sense. So just spray your cat with a squirt bottle full of water like everybody else. What the hell are you doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifty dollars for pet perfume? Ross, you want some for Christmas? I get your cat some perfume. You think you'd like it, little Gatto? Yeah, I'm thinking no passing that things. Don't you want your cat to smell like an Italian? Uh?
Speaker 5: Whore?
Speaker 1: I mean? I made my father in law my he you know, they're visiting now.
Speaker 2: They got here yesterday. They flew in and just in time for the for the tropical storm. And Elliott, the idiot that likes to go and boxes that cat, the plastic eater. Yeah, he was scratching his belly and I'm like, you probably shouldn't do that, and boom, he like made him bleed.
Speaker 1: Cat bit him. Oh really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so maybe spray him in the face with that stuff bottle. You got a squirt bottle? No, but yeah, that's what we can break, right exactly.
Speaker 1: That's for what you spray. That's for spraying cats, not dolch. Get red cat right him for no reason.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, and the reason was he was he was patting his belly and he does like that, and he was like and he probably showing idiot, an idiot Amazon box cats defense here in his defense, he was he was trying to play.
Speaker 1: He was like trying to play. It was like it was a like a nibble and then they went too far and we've all been there. Yeah, you're drunk. He punched the Prime minister. These things happened, so sorry, I just I don't know why. I feel like, look, if you want to spend one hundred and fifty of your dollars on sprits in your cat so it smells like lavender? Fine.
Speaker 2: I love Jeff's question though, like he was confused, like is it so you smell like the cat or the cat smells like he's got money? Because we live in a world now where there might be some people who think they're cats that want to smell like a cat.
Speaker 1: What if your dog identifies as a cat. That did that help your dog? None of my business? Yeah, what if you want to smell like your cat? Is that what he said? Yeah, that's what he said. He was confused, Why would I want to smell like that. Why would I want to smell like that? A combination of litter and bad decisions and some weird buget just eight