Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We'll let you taco one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But you're freaking idiots. Should be noted. We tried a little reverse psychology there by playing no rain. Yeah, definitely, we need it to stop. There's plenty of areas that the last thing needed is any more rain. My goodness.
Speaker 3: We know it's sonny out right now, but that's also kind of cooking the atmosphere for later.
Speaker 2: All right, before we get into idiotology, just to remind you, you get about fifteen minutes or so. If you haven't voted yet for you say It, we play it, You can do so j o Facebook page. Everybody who votes will be in the running to win jelly roll tickets, and we're doing that every morning this week. The three songs from five Finger that you're voting on Five Finger Death Punch featured you say It, Bamness, never enough, lift me Up, or wash it all away. One with the most votes has played back at nine and yes, indeedy little sweetie, somebody who votes is gonna win those Jeller roll teas. Hey didn't. Recently, we have a story about some guy locally who was either damaging or trying to steal and or remove traffic or speeding cameras.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was breaking the traffic, the the cameras at the red lights.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, a similar situation this in Baltimore though with their speeding cameras. They have one hundred and sixty of these in the Baltimore area. Those just aren't fair.
Speaker 4: They suck.
Speaker 3: They're just not fair. You gotta come on. That takes the game, It takes away from the game. Get hit Pitt Road speed man, get them back it down a little. So this sixty seven year old man was busted for stealing traffic speed cameras. Unclear what his motive was, although it should be noted that the sixty seven year old Thomas Kearns did receive a citation from one of these back in August. The series of thefts began in July.
Speaker 2: Though. He's been caught now and blamed for stealing at least four of these, but they believe he's the one responsible for us stealing many more. In fact, he got caught. Here's the irony bwice different camera he pulled up in his nondescript van wearing a hard hat and getting out using a grinder to cut the locks and remove the cameras from the the box on the side. He's smart. At least he's dressing like, you know, one of the guys. He's watching movies. Man, that's that's you know, then the bank robbery movies when they're casing the joint out or they got to get, you know, access to the place. You do you dressed like one of the construction workers with the hard hat and the reflective vest. And yeah, no one, no one, no one knows the no one's the wiser eleven. They did it Animal Kingdom, the TV show. They owned hard helmets, hundreds of movies. But yeah, it's caught doing that. I know. We don't have plenty of red light cameras down here, but the speeding camera that's the northeast. They've got those things all over.
Speaker 3: The place, and people like us forget about them that they have them, and then all of a sudden we're speeding through an area.
Speaker 4: And again not fair.
Speaker 2: All right, those of you who wear fitness trackers, what's the one you use?
Speaker 4: It's a fit bit oldest oldest model around.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, at least you're consistent with your technology having the out of date everything. Yes, yes, it's a consistent thing with you. I'm out of date, Bob. They actually started looking into how accurate these things are in the various things that they do. I don't own one, I don't wear one. I've never experienced using one. I can't speak to it. I can just share what they found and you all who use these can take the information as you may. Study found fitness tracking apps aren't as accurate as you think, and that includes counting the number of steps should take in a day. The research looked at fitbits, Apple watches, and a bunch of other brands, five things the devices track and how accurate they were. For each heart rate, they were all pretty good. Your real number might be about three percent higher or lower than what actually the readout is the heart rate or the steps. They said, heart rate, I'm going to go through the different things. They looked at heart rate. They're pretty good, but again about three percent off high or lower on average than what you're actually got. Heart rate variability that's slight variations in the time between heartbate beach, which can predict potential health issues. They found they're pretty accurate with that when you're sitting down, but not when you're moving around. Sleep tracking, they found that fitness trackers tend to overestimate how long you were. That's you throwing off the curve. No, I do not. That's you throwing off the curve with the inordinate amount of sleep you get in a twenty four hour period.
Speaker 3: I do not wear the fitbit when I sleep. I find it not I find it uncomfortable. All it comes down to is they're closed enough. That's how I look at it. You know, it tells me I had fifteen thousand steps yesterday. Well, so maybe I had fourteen, maybe I had sixteen.
Speaker 2: Well, actually you'll like the I was gonna say the counting steps for last But how about calories burned? They can do that estimate that They're saying that most of these devices underestimated calories burned by about twenty one percent. Then there were a couple others that were overestimating in the range of fourteen percent. So you might think you burned one hundred calories, but in round numbers, you're really anywhere between ninety to one hundred and twenty five?
Speaker 3: Is it for any of that? I just just look at the steps. That's it steps.
Speaker 2: It looks like, uh, it means it tends to underestimate how many you've done. All right, so that's that's that's good news there, right, But.
Speaker 3: It gives me credit when I'm scooping ice cream or wiping.
Speaker 2: Wiping counts as steps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really, because you're moving your handback and forth, depending if you're where it's on my right hand.
Speaker 4: I thought steps were smoking.
Speaker 2: Technically you could get you could get steps first step with your feet now, but when.
Speaker 3: You look pat with your feet, yes, well what happens.
Speaker 2: My arms moved.
Speaker 4: With the feet. That's how it gets.
Speaker 2: Because your arms aren't moving or your feet aren't moving when you're scooping ice cream. That would be a hot raising the degree of difficulty.
Speaker 3: No, I'm I'm jogging in place when I scoop it, so I don't feel like I'm gonna get fat from it. It's like that no reins on you just played by blind melon psychology.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, So anyway, I just thought i'd share that with you. Yeah, because public service is at the heart of what we do here at this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, and the kids, but pat with the yeah, with the arms moving it's it doesn't know if your feet are moving, you'd have to have it attached to your ankle, and then people would think that you're, you know, a criminal.
Speaker 2: So really the takeaway here is start smoking to increase your steps artificially. No, I don't think that is.
Speaker 4: Did you hear the show the other morning? The guys were promoting eating ice cream and smoking cigarettes while they wipe, and the little guy puts it on his on his ankle. It looks like an ankle monitor.
Speaker 2: Yes, the quality control mechanisms in places always with this show. Oh and then there was this unusual site. We go to Warren, Michigan, where police received multiple calls about an open casket in a local park. Oh my god, is our person in it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: A dead one? At that? Did they figure? Did they go to the wrong place?
Speaker 4: They went to a park?
Speaker 2: And no, there's actually I guess kind of a logical explanation here. This woman had died and I guess where her funeral was being held was in a few towns over. She was ninety seven years old, had tons of elderly friends that are still alive that wanted to pay last respects, but weren't up for you know, getting several towns away, so they made a pit stop. The trick to arrange for a pit stop in the hometown there at the park for well wishers to come by at the open casket. There in the park was off to the final resting place.
Speaker 3: You were having your kid's birthday party in that park that weekend.
Speaker 2: All right, kids, come and get pizza. Quit playing with that old ay, it's kind of unusual. I mean, quit putting the sticks in her nose. Robbie. Yeah, Hey, you know, I guess they had cleared it with the park, just they didn't put the word out. You know, Hey, there's gonna be a viewing here today is only place to rock one on one one w E j R. R.