Speaker 1: You're listenings KFI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Let me teach you a Here's Neil Savedra. I'll wake you cam. I AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Hey, everybody, happy, things giving to you. Gobble Gobble Gobble, says the Turkey, Turkey Turkey. I am your well fed host, Neil Savedra in for mister Bill Handled today. Per usual, I come in on Turkey Day, Thanksgiving and I just hang out with you. You're in the kitchen, you're busting your hump. The rest of the families probably sleeping, those fat, lazy bastards, and you're in the kitchen, cooking and doing everything, making it nice. Guess who's going to have a cold plate of whatever it is you? Guess who's going to get a thanks for nothing?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: But you know what, I believe in you. I love you, I appreciate you, and that's why I'm here for you. So for the next three hours, I'm here and you can give me a call if you have a question, anything, baking, cooking, whatever You're going through. Eight hundred five to zero, one, five, three, four that's eight hundred five two zero one five three four, And I'm basically just here for you. What I'm going to do is give you marginal turkey advice until you have no base. That's what I'm gonna do. It's been an you know, there's news going on. So Amy's here. There's a comfy place for people to sleep, so Kono's here. There's really everybody has a little something to give. Kono the littlest of all, maybe, but they're gonna give. We're here for you, and I know that the news there's been a lot going on. I don't know if you heard this, but our vice president actually butt dialed the entire country the other day, drunk, put it on video and everything. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. So that happened. That's weird, right right the whole country. How embarrassing is that? That's what you don't put the hunt the whole country on speed dial? I guess. So that happened. All kinds of craziness going around. But we're here for you. We're here for Thanksgiving and to keep you busy. Turkeys are wonderful. I will tell you. Cooking turkey is nerve wracking, even to the best of chefs I've had chefs. I think it was Gosh, which chef was it? A celebrity chef once was on the he was Scott con It. Maybe that handsome dude geez, God gifted him with all kinds of things and he can cook. I think he was saying, you know, we were talking around Thanksgiving one time and he had said, how you know, no chef really likes cooking darky. It's just an odd It's an odd bird. It's an odd shaped item to cook and get right. Because you've got two different types of meat on there. You've got the dark meat and then you've got the white meat. Now, what makes the dark meat dark? It's actually it's the lowered part of the animal. It's the way the muscles bring oxygen to them and other things to move. So the more movement that's going on in the legs they're bringing that, it's actually changing the texture and the flavor of the meat because of that. So that's why you find the dark meat on the underpart and in the legs and the like. And the breasts are they're just breasts, and they're they're delicious in their own right. Wouldn't it be weird if they had nipples? Though? Thank god they don't. Could you imagine? I mean I don't think they do.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't think turkey's breastfeed.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Amy, you're the smart one on the show right now. Cono and I happily yield that to you.
Speaker 3: I know, Cono had that look on his face like, hmm, do they.
Speaker 2: Well turkey, Well, it's just like turkey milk. Could you imagine? Nah? You wouldn't be able to drink that either. If you were a vegan, No, you couldn't have that. But this isn't really their their holiday. I suppose begans no, I mean there is stuff to eat, mostly sides, so you got to learn to cook something. And then they have the fake turkey's like the tofurkey Nah, and do that either? Have you had a Have you had? I've had tofu I've never had a tofurkey. I'd imagine it's just flavored.
Speaker 3: What do they flavor it with to make it taste like turkey?
Speaker 2: Well, well, you flavor a poultry. Seasoning is what you put on a turkey most of the time, so you'd put the same thing in there, so the same with making you know, uh, sausage analogs. You're using the sausage flavor.
Speaker 3: Well, doesn't that come from sausage?
Speaker 2: Well, yes and no. I mean, sausage is a mixture of meat. But you're talking about the texture. You're talking to fattiness, and then you're talking about a but ton of spices and the like that just make it taste like that? Am I waxing? Pontificate? Pontific punt? Am I pontificating about sausage? I've had about three hours sleep. I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 3: Why were you so late? Were you getting ready for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: No, it was It's just a weird. It's been a busy, busy week. I've been off this week and there's just been a lot of stuff that consumed a time and then you get to bed, and I've been on a different schedule the past couple of days. So this morning, I think I went to bed at around eleven, and then at about two am, my eyes went loop and I went I wonder what that person from third grade is doing. I feel like I wasn't that nice to them, And then my head went down, like why are you such a jerk? Maybe you should call Kono, let me love him.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, thinking about how you treat me, because that's what that's.
Speaker 2: What, that's how I showed love dummy. So is one of those and then your mind goes down a thousand different things, and then I start thinking about projects I'm working on and everything. So it was like one of those days. I'm actually not doing any cooking or either of you doing bringing sides or anything like that to anything today.
Speaker 3: You know what, I am going to Thanksgiving dinner, but we're not cooking.
Speaker 2: Really, it's gonna be a sucky Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm going to bring my jello cranberry apple sauce, Miracle whip cast.
Speaker 2: Role you built a second one.
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna take that one with.
Speaker 2: Us that is not traveling.
Speaker 3: In the it's back in the refrigerator.
Speaker 2: Don't do it.
Speaker 3: Don't take it because if you want to get invited back. So anyway, they're catering it.
Speaker 5: But I am taking a Magpies soft serve pie o, which one the one that they had at the Manhattan Food and Wine Festival, that Manhattan Beach Food and Wine.
Speaker 3: Festival that we went to.
Speaker 2: Oh was that the It's.
Speaker 5: The like everything thing so that I had never heard of this place, and it's it turns out it's it's called Magpie Soft Serve.
Speaker 3: It's got like three locations.
Speaker 2: There's one not by far from us, right.
Speaker 3: There's one in Silver Lake. There's one out I know.
Speaker 5: Deborah Mark was like, oh, I go to that all the time because it's got vegan stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, the vegan one is one of the best ones. That corn uh something. I think that's the one corn milk something something bad. Thing's a maze balls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I will tell you this is what it is. It's the original fried soft serve pie. It's corn almond soft serve. Sounds weird, but it's delicious, unlike I think that unlike our miracle that I just now.
Speaker 2: Don't put listen like white people listen to me. Oh yeah me. Don't put mayo in everything, man. And I know it's a dressing because the legalities, but ro ro.
Speaker 5: Ro okay, wait wait, I gotta tell you about this pie. Corn almond soft serve, layered with honeycomb fudge, topped with whipped cream and fried candy cornflakes in a gram cracker crust. And I'm telling you we had it. It was like one of the best things I tasted. So I said, we're bucking the We're bucking the pumpkin pie this year.
Speaker 2: No, it's delicious. I'm with you. That's that is a great pie. That is a great, great pie. And magpies does it. They're just all their stuff is good. Oh my gosh, look at you breaking the tradition.
Speaker 5: Well, I figure if I brought them the miracle whip concoction, I should probably bring something good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a hundred dollars bill for everybody that's gonna taste it.
Speaker 3: Yep, Okay, I'm just no.
Speaker 2: I mean there's parts of it that are good if you remove the.
Speaker 3: Just most parts that aren't.
Speaker 2: No, you know what I would do. I would remove the miracle whip and I'd add in some cool whip. And if you put some cool whip in there, I think that would be nice.
Speaker 5: Would it's still set up with jello and cool whip? Yeah, okay, maybe I'm gonna try that.
Speaker 2: I would be curious about that, and i'd maybe back off on the miracle whip and again go with the cool whip.
Speaker 5: All right, if you want to see it, It actually did look pretty decent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's on my Instagram at amy ky King.
Speaker 2: It's a better look. And then Kono's wedding pictures. Cool whip cool, see there you go again? Cool? What did I do?
Speaker 4: I do you wake up in the middle of the night asking if you're a jerk? How mu's like that? There, Neil, I don't know what you're talking about. I think the audience is with me on this one.
Speaker 2: Have any Thanksgiving I'm thankful for you, little buddy. Alrighty, Neil Svader in for Bill handled today. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Here for you. Any thing you need for me, If you just want my company, I'm there for you. If you have a question, give us a call. Eight hundred five to zero one KFI. Eight hundred five to zero one, five three four is the number if you have any questions. I got this one on social media and you can hit me up. Hey, if you don't, you're not hanging out following me sounds weird. If you're not hanging out with me on social media, I'd love to have you there. Instagram is my big jam, although you can find me on threads and x and all of that as well at fork Reporter. At Forkward Reporter, I'd be honored if you joined me there. I have a good time putting stuff up during the holidays as well. Insert famous name here. Hit me up and said, don't have time to call in. Is stuffing slash dressing instead of breadcrumbs on top of mac and cheese in the oven? Ye or nay yay yay. Yeah, it's a great idea. It sounds delicious, Amy King Cono, jump in with your thoughts. Absolutely, Cono, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not a bread crumb I'm not a breadcrumb guy.
Speaker 2: Really, then what's that in your mustache? All right? See well, all right, listen, you set them up if you like breadcrumbs.
Speaker 4: It sounds terrific idea. Do you you don't like stuffing or dressing?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't I do not?
Speaker 5: Oh good, Well you know what I have that I brought in Tali ran this morning, So no stuffing for you.
Speaker 2: I get it up. Oh my gosh, they're stuff I love. I love telling and Thanksgiving plate. Oh my gosh. I don't know if we should have time to get into this. But Codin, when did you become a communist? Was it when you were a kid?
Speaker 4: Was it America? You don't like stuffing or dressing. I don't like stuffing. I don't like maca cheese. I don't like bacon.
Speaker 3: Wait, you don't like bacon.
Speaker 2: Those are three things. Wait, I do not like. I don't know if anybody picked up on this. She said you don't like bacon, and he goes yet I heard it. No, I did not know. I heard it better dead than red bro I'm sorry. I'm like one of the originalists, like I believe in America as America like no, comm nothing. I'm with you. No, no, you're not. Yes, Okay, look at him putin on the ritz and there I don't think putin selling things given today. Okay, well, good for you, cheez trader. Anyways, and anybody know the difference between stuffing and dressing.
Speaker 5: Stuffing is in the oven and dressings in the turkey's butt.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, well, first of all, it's you had it reversed, but I think you were right. Dressing is in the oven.
Speaker 6: Oh, stuffing is in that's the stuffing, yes, but that's.
Speaker 2: What makes the difference there. But yeah, there is a lot of recipes actually where you can put stuffing on mac and cheese. And if that just came out of your your own thoughts their insert famous name here. I think that's quite brilliant. Again, hang out with me at folk Reporter on Instagram. Let's go to Bob Bob. Hello, Bob, can you hear me? Bob? There you are? Bob Bob? You spell that with one hour two sir? Never mind? What what did we lose him?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: He dropped. We were going to have such a great conversation. It started so well, eight hundred five two zero is Bob calling back? I feel bad? I feel bad, but it's like, okay eight hundred five two zero one five three four one five three four Okay. So handle always jokes about my Thanksgiving show because I hate the nipple, and people go, what's the nipple? Well, that's the old that's the thing that our mom used back in the day to take the temperature of the bird. You remember. It came in They would push it in there and it was like this little nipple thing that popped up. Yeah, they go ooop. Well, those things it's a mechanical it's a mechanical thermometer, meaning that it's mechanics change structure, changes at a temperature, and then mechanically pops the top off. It's not like mercury or something inside your bird. That would be a bad idea. The problem is that it pops off at about one hundred and eighty five degrees. Your turkey is cooked at one sixty five, so it and it has a heat that carries over to when it's resting, and it will go up another five, probably ten degrees while it's resting before it goes and starts to cool down again. So now you're going to get it up to knocking on the door of two hundred degrees before you serve it. So it ends up being dry and nasty, and no one likes it. That's why I always come down. That's why since the beginning, I don't know, it's been well over a decade, maybe it's a decade and a half that I've been doing the Thanksgiving show is I say no to the nipple. It's probably the only time of the year that I'm that hard lined about that. Personally. I'm just saying that that's a hard no on Thanksgiving only, Amy, you're so judgmental in just to.
Speaker 3: Sound I thought handle was off today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first of all, handles off every day. Secondly, no, I'm trying to keep the people warm. I'm a cold Thanksgiving morn keeping them frisky and fresh? Do you think about the phone number? Is this thing?
Speaker 3: Is this thing?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 5: Speaking of the cold, did you notice how the fog it was so cool? There was just like thick fog at my house this morning?
Speaker 2: You know what? I noticed it on the windshield? That was it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Are you sure it was your glasses? Amy?
Speaker 3: It might have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, it looks like Bob's back. But he's gonna wait just a moment. It's gonna be worth it, Bob, I feel you know what, as a matter of fact, why give out the number to everybody. Bob's got it. We'll just talk to Bob for the next two and a half hours, and we're gonna be good because he seems I haven't even talked to him, and he seems like a good guy. Everyone's got an uncle Bob, right, Yeah, they do. You've got an uncle Bob? Everyone does. I have an uncle Bob. He's my favorite. Love that guy, all right. Eight hundred and five two zero one kf I one five three four Neil Spader in for Bill Handle this morning. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Basically, I come in here and uh just kind of host things for Thanksgiving. You got a question that you need to answer, you know, cooking, baking, whatever it might be. I'm here for you. Let's talk to Bob. Let's recycle. The joke is at one hour two Bob one what okay, buddy, just checking what you got from me, Bob.
Speaker 7: I got two items for you. Talk to Why turkeys don't have nipples? Have a holiday joke?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take both. Please.
Speaker 7: The turkey doesn't have nipples, but it has milk.
Speaker 2: The hand is a.
Speaker 6: Liquid offer stomach to bio.
Speaker 7: Chicks by regards to saying, therefore, no nipples necessary.
Speaker 3: Okay, first of all, I thought that was the joke.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know that we're allowed to say chicks anymore, just young birds. I think yeah, because it's a fensive to the woke community. And since it's six thirty seven in the morning there, everybody's whoa hello.
Speaker 3: I think you want that joke?
Speaker 2: Yeah, God knows, we have no jokes here. Okay, we'll take yours.
Speaker 7: The holiday joke. Okay, what is this sweet potato? Say that the masked potato?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I.
Speaker 8: Am what I am?
Speaker 2: Oh, stop it with yourself, Bob, that's funnier than anything Handle has ever said on this show. That is good stuff, Bob. I like Bob. You know he should fill in when I'm out. Seriously, Danielle, Yes, Neil, Hi, how are you, dear? I'm better now I'm talking to you. I'm sorry. Oh, thank you, you're too sweet. I'm sorry about Bob saying chicks. I know that's offensive to Broad's. Yeah, what's your question, dear?
Speaker 8: As a chick?
Speaker 7: Broad, I'm offended.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, first of all, you're part.
Speaker 3: Of my thanksgiving.
Speaker 6: That's how long I've been listening to you.
Speaker 2: What stop it? I'm coming over right now where you're aware, I'm all away in North Idaho, so you better leave now. Oh man, I was going to take a vehicle. But that's that's awesome. Thanks for listening all the way over there and for calling. Is there a question you have for me, my dear? I do how I always brine my birds? Got a girl?
Speaker 7: I'm doing a breast with no nipples?
Speaker 5: Yeah you are, hell, I think it's a sin.
Speaker 2: How long do you brind a breast? You know that's a good question. Basically that the rough answer is typically you're doing about an hour per pound, So like roughly a twelve pound bird you're gonna do. You're gonna brian for about twelve hours ish. So what is your your breast? Is it like a two pound breast or something?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 7: I actually your three pound.
Speaker 2: Breasts carry it around with well? Yeah, those women do right right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's three pounds. Yeah, it's nine pounds. Nine a nine pound breast. Put her on the phone.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, a nine pound breast. No, I'm joking.
Speaker 7: I was just making a joke for both of us that have to carry large dress with no nipples.
Speaker 2: Oh. I don't know what you're doing over there, Danielle, but I like the cut of your jib man. Uh So yeah, if it's three pounds, then yeah, you're looking at about three hours of brining roughly perfect. Okay, and it's it's all thought and ready to go. Absolutely. I follow your advice to the letter. What's the weather like there?
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 2: In fact, I'm going to set my brind bird in its container on the back porch because it's twenty eight degrees. Oh wow, wow, don't go out there. You don't need two frozen breasts, you know what I'm saying wink wink or three nudge nudge. The wink is the same as a nod to a blind bat. You're picking up what I'm putting down.
Speaker 6: I am, I am brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, happy things giving, my dear, and thanks for calling. That is actually incredibly sweet for you to listen and a call from there, and I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. You know what's funny is, I'm not doing any cooking myself this year, but I thought, you know what, I wouldn't mind doing a breast and a thigh hello to you know. I thought it'd be nice. And then you can you can always take some of the drippings from those and still make your your gravy and make it all scrunchedilllyemptious that way, you know a way that you can if you don't get really good drippings or you scorched them at all, you can't take bits of the meat and the skin and you sautee them a little bit with some onions in a pan, and then you can build your ruin there with your fat you usually butter and some all purpose flour and you can create your gravy that way. Just an FYI, I'm starting to get ready for the meal. I'm gonna go home. I'm gonna get my stretching pants, get my stretching pants, which are basically all my pants, and then my slip on shoes, basically all my shoes these days, and I'm gonna prepare like I'm gonna I'm gonna do downward dog stretch and prepare for the yummy eating. Nil Sevader in for Bill Handle today because it's Thanksgiving and I'm the four reporter. Did let the lah good people all across the fruited place. That's my that's my rustling bot, God rest the soul and my formerly nicotine nicotine stained fingers. Man back in the day, that was the best. You and I. You could agree with him, disagree with them, but man, that guy knew how to do radio. Any who eight hundred five to zero one five three four eight hundred five to zero one five three four. If you have a question dealing with Thanksgiving, not like the history, I mean, I guess I can answer it if you want. I'm in. You got questions, I got answers. But when it comes to cooking or baking, I'm here for you. So let's talk to Dandy. Hi, beatbap beat, you've got mail. What's happening over there this morning?
Speaker 7: I'm good man, just panicking, man, just just trying to get everything right. I volunteered for some reason to cook the ham. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you're good because it's probably pre cooked.
Speaker 8: Right it is.
Speaker 7: You're right. How did you know?
Speaker 2: Most of them are pre cooked for the most part. So all you're doing is warming it up. Brother, you're good, okay, But.
Speaker 7: Is there anything like pan oil water? It came with a little I don't know, powder, crap, honey something or other.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so that's the glaze. So what you want to do, okay, is basically you want to you want to take that the turkey, I mean the ham, and you take that powder and you put it. You put it on top. Now it may tell you to start heating it first and then put that on near the end, but usually you wrap it in foil and you put it in the oven at about two hundred and seventy five something like that, and you bake it about ten minutes per pound and you're golden, okay, because.
Speaker 7: It's about eight so about an hour you saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that. Here's the thing you want it to be about one hundred and forty degrees in the thickest part. So put a thermometer in there and you want it to be about one hundred and forty degrees. That's going to raise up while it's resting to about one hundred and forty five, and that's when that's when pork is cooked at one five. So you're just reheating it back to temp again to make that it's warmed. To make sure it's warmed all the way through, and you're good to go.
Speaker 7: Okay, So with the thermometor check it out one for the thickest media's part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the media's part. Once that's one forty, you can take that thing out. You can open up the foil just a little bit so it keeps warm but it doesn't get all soggy. And there should be some instructions for that glaze. I would tend to put it on closer near the end, okay, But otherwise you're Goldman, it's already cooked. You can't really screw it up.
Speaker 7: That's what you say. You're the fok reporter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean if you put do God bless you, but you don't how many things I screwed up to be able to get any knowledge whatsoever. You got to mess up a lot of things. But really, you're reheating it. I mean, come on, Danny, you reheat burritos. Right.
Speaker 7: It's just something about adding a cup of water? Do I put that?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a great point. So you're going to put it in a in a rack above the water, but you want to put a little water underneath that. That's going to cause a little steam and keep everything moist So good point. I'm glad you brought that up. That's going to add just a little bit of moisture. You don't want it sitting in it Thanksgiving, but you know it's just going to give you that and you'll be golden.
Speaker 7: You're the best, Neil, thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh you're the best. Danny. You go and you have yourself a very happy Thanksgiving, sir, and enjoy yourself because this is a day for good Timeshere did Amy go? I think we might have a question for her, Jam Welcome to the four court in floor bill Handle this morning. Have you Thanksgiving?
Speaker 8: Happy Thanksgiving to you? Greetings from Colorado.
Speaker 2: All right, Colorado? Though, what is the mountain? The mile? What is it?
Speaker 8: Well, Denver's the mile high city. And then I'm not sure what our you know. The slogan escapes me at the moment. But I'm calling because yesterday Amy was talking about this cranberry recipe with miracle whip and watercress. Oh I'm wondering if she made it and brought it in because it didn't sound all that advertising.
Speaker 2: Well, she's in the bathroom right now because she ate it. Oh I am not. Oh, okay, sorry, I'm sorry, Amy. You want to take this?
Speaker 3: I did? And where in Colorado are you?
Speaker 8: I'm actually right in Denver, proper.
Speaker 3: Oh you are in Denver. Okay. I lets say that because I live in Colorado for a years. So I did make it, and go ahead.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, go ahead, okay. I lived on the Western Slope for twenty years, so in the Roaring Fork Valley and it's eleven below and as them this morning, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Well it's a bollo me like fifty five here.
Speaker 8: It's it's about about twenty degrees here, so it will get up to about freezing today if.
Speaker 3: You miss Colorado.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I did make it, and it's I put it on my Instagram. If you want to go look at what it looks like at nuts at Amy K. King, and I will tell you that it looked pretty good. But we did taste it, and the consensus was that there were some okay flavors in there, but it would have been a lot better without the miracle whip.
Speaker 8: Ah. Okay, I'm wondering if it's cool, it would have worked better. Think it would have been sweeter.
Speaker 3: That's what suggested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at you and me. We're practically family now.
Speaker 7: Yes we are.
Speaker 8: I love the two of you when you talk about Disneyland. I lived in southern California for years and years and it just brings back a whole lot of fond, fond memory. So thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh you're sweet.
Speaker 5: Will you Jan try that, try the recipe with and substitute the cool whip for the miracle weapon, and then let us know how it turns out, because yeah, I think Neil was right.
Speaker 3: That sounds a lot better.
Speaker 8: Okay, I will give that a shot and.
Speaker 7: Let you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, nice instinct. Okay, thank you so much, much, thanksgiving.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Thanksgiving. Bye bye.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I love that you have.
Speaker 5: A listener in Colorado and that need just I love the stream it's so fun.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's the best. And people that leave la still listen to the show. You know. I was at Disneyland the other.
Speaker 6: Day and auh, a cast member walked by and she smiled, and you, that's funny to youse.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, sir. Don't touch anything, sir, you're gonna have to leave.
Speaker 3: Okay, what did the cast members?
Speaker 2: They said, I knew someone that looked like you, only with a human head. The cast member said, I love you. I listened to you all the time, and thank you for saying such nice things about the park. We appreciate it. I thought that was very sweet.
Speaker 5: It was very sweet. It is the most magical place on earth, you know it is.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I defend it because everybody talks about the cost. And there's two things. One, you weren't going to find that kind of entertainment live music. You can watch movies there. You can see stage plays in some instances. You can go on rides, both dark rides and roller coaster style rides. You can do all these an eight hour day for less than it costs to see a two hour concert of Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: You know, not distant Taylor. She does put on a good show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, But I'm just saying that it's like people go to a concert, geez, check it off. So I'm like, people don't think of it that way.
Speaker 3: We think of it that way.
Speaker 2: Net I know, because the value people don't understand. And I I one of the cast members that knows about the history of I don't know if you've ever talked to Philander have you ever?
Speaker 3: I have not.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. He's the best, really super nice guy, incredibly passionate about the park. And he he told me once a great quote I had not heard because I am a Disney file. I love Walt and warts and all, and he said that he cared less about people complaining about the price of the park before they went in. He cares what they thought when they left. And to me, that's about value. Is more like, listen, anybody can complain about the cost when they're going in. It's when they leave do they feel that it's worth it or its value. And I know you can have a good day or bad day anywhere, but a bad day at Disneyland, to me, is better than the best day anywhere else. I mean, my family loves it for that reason. You can walk around the park and hold hands and just get the vibe and it's still a happy place. That's all I'm saying. Value. That's all value.
Speaker 4: Preaching to the choir here, maybe they have a day for southern California people, you know, like they've been doing, and kids half off or whatever. Those types of things I think are great, so everybody can experience it, absolutely, but ultimately I think the value is great.
Speaker 2: All right. Neil Sevadra in for Bill Handle this morning. Happy Thanksgiving to you as I answer any and all of your baking or cooking questions that you may have eight hundred five to zero one five three four eight hundred and five two zero one five three four. If you have a question about getting sweat stains out of baseball caps Cono's here as well, So any in all questions, we got you covered. You want to know you know how to wear your hoodie, you got the cono, or how high your socks have to be, you know, to see how down the food you are, those types of things. We're good. We got you covered, is what I'm saying. You want to know what to put mayonnaise in? Amy's here, So the whole team eight hundred five two zero one five three four eight hundred five to zero one five three four and please join me on social media on Instagram, preferably at fork Reporter. At fork Reporter. This is KFI heard everywhere in the iHeart Radio app look at me.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app