Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Dan Capless Show. Here in an hour two and it looks like the weather continues to fall apart. But as you've noticed, you're probably realize you're not listening to Dan Kaplas today. You got Well Kenn of Sheriff Steve Reims setting in and covering the show for today. There'll be a couple other guest hosts for tomorrow and Wednesday as Dan is away at trial. But yeah, looking out the iHeart Studios here, the trees are shaking, the wind is blowing, and it looks like rain's coming anytime now, so the drive home should be a blast. But hey, we got a Nuggets game to watch tonight, so we can all hunker down on our bunkers and hopefully watch the Nuggets win a game one. And we know that the AF season ended last week, but you know, regardless, still got one team in the playoffs, and we're not a sports show. So I'll get off that at this point. But as we went to break, we were talking about sanctuary state and the state of Colorado. What is this state? Is it a sanctuary state? Is it not? By definition? And I asked you guys, call in tell me what you think. Text in start your text with Dan at five seven seventy three nine or call in three h three seven one three eight two five five. And speaking of callers, we have Rob from Longma. He's waded through the break.
Speaker 3: Rob.
Speaker 2: How are you doing.
Speaker 4: Good afternoon, sir? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great, Rob. What do you have to say to us today?
Speaker 3: Well, I think we can definitely say that Colorado is the sanctuary state.
Speaker 5: And I think what really picked it.
Speaker 3: Into gear was old Bill Ritter and his refusing to charge people in the country illegally with immigration issues and would just charge them with agricultural trespass.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do remember that trend happening, and I don't even remember what his his argument was for doing so, but yeah, it was it was basically to avoid any kind of any kind of acknowledgement that there might be an a legal immigration issue, if my memory serves me.
Speaker 5: Right, and I believe that would be correct. I don't even recall when he was.
Speaker 6: Sitting as governor.
Speaker 5: I want to say it was mid nineties. But yeah, it seems to me he's the one that really kind of got this ball rolling, and when Hickenlooper got in there, that really expedieted things.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well Polus has been a real gift to this state as far as as far as I'm concerned, these last six years, six plus years with his leadership, and I say that very much in air quotes, has just been a dumpster fire. At least hicken Looper still had a little modicum of understanding of hey, we got to have some balance with oil and gas industry, we got to have a little bit of balance with the rule of law. Polus just threw that stuff right out the window and Ridder before him. I just think he was he was just weak sauce the whole way through.
Speaker 5: Well, well, welcome to the the asylum.
Speaker 2: So if you had to say, this is the one thing I noticed when I'm driving around Colorado that says, yep, Colorado is a sanctuary state. What is that thing you see or can you point to that one thing?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I'm a world county resident okay.
Speaker 4: And if I see a mid nineties s box of.
Speaker 3: A vehicle with different color paint primer, very poorly tinted windows and no license plates.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna say that.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm profiling, but I'm profiling.
Speaker 2: I got you, I got you. That's a fair assessment. You know. The way I see it in Weld County is when you see the guys that are selling oranges on the side of the road, usually in the city of Greeley, but sometimes they try to venture out into the county. That's not that's not something you typically saw up until maybe the last year eighteen months. And you know, the roadside what I call, you know, fruit vendors. That that to me, that's that's a bridge too far. Obviously.
Speaker 3: Well, in my ao, we have an occasional uh selling flowers in the middle of the county road intersection, which it is. I don't know how far away from anybody it.
Speaker 5: Is, but it's it's a good stretch. I doubt there's a lot of romance occurring.
Speaker 2: There's you know them their caps fair enough, Rob, thanks for calling in from Longmont. Appreciate the phone call. And again we got plenty of lines open. Number here is three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. I love having the conversations with you, getting your perspective from wherever you're at in the state of Colorado, because as we know, Colorado is a large state and very, very diverse. What you see in Denver, you don't necessarily see in Weld County or Colorado Springs or Pueblo or anywhere else. And quite frankly, every time I've hosted this show, the callers from pub have flooded in today, though they're being silent. Going back to the text wall here, Yes, Colorado is a sanctuary state, as evidenced by the punishment that that truck driver received in the I seventy crash that Dan's covered many times. And then they leave a nice note here says, keep up the great work mark in Weld County, Wyoming. Boy, wouldn't that be nice Weld County, Wyoming. Cann't they talk about that riff?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: That's yeah, there was an effort by some individuals to try to get Weld County to secede or cut away and go into Wyoming. Wyoming was I guess open to the discussion. Their governor even came down and made a few talks about inviting Weld County up. I have to tell you the impacts that that would have on the state of Colorado's budget would be tremendous because about seventy to eighty percent of the oil and gas exploration in the state come out of Weld County, despite all the crap that comes out of the state capitol trying to kill the industry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 8: And then we hear also so that after these recent elections snap elections in Canada, Alberta wanted to become the fifty first state.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, go figure, I think Trump would welcome that. Why not? You know, I don't. I don't know if we want them. I mean, but you know, you used to live close to the Canadian border, is it, young man? Do you want Do you want the Canadians to become part of the United States?
Speaker 8: That's that's a loaded question because if it's Ontario, that's that's no. A lot more liberals there in Toronto and so forth. But Edmonton, Calgary, Alberta, the Calgary Stampede, that's the red state of Canada.
Speaker 7: Baby.
Speaker 2: It's interesting. I have a friend who who came to the United States from Canada. One of the first times I was hosting Dan show, he made a comment about, you know, hey, bring Alberta, leave leave some of those other places. So your point is shared a couple other texts here, this person saying, hey, this is how you can tell Colorado has become a sanctuary state. Windshield cleaning on the corners. I'm assuming that's in downtown Denver and Aurora. I don't see that in in Greeley or in Welld County, but I've heard about it plenty, and you know, believe it or not, when I drive down here, I try not to stop at an intersection because I don't want whatever is in Denver or Aurora to stick to me. Another text here says, yes, Colorado is a sanctuary state. Oh we got that one a minute to go, Sorry about that. Don't you think that if Colorado got rid of all the illegal immigrants who are here, especially hard blue Denver would lose the voting Democrat majority says I feel like that's a lot of the underlying fight that's not often talked about. If those voters and air quotes leave, then maybe Colorado could come back to the red side. So that's another great question in the sanctuary state that we live in. When people can come here and get a driver's license, and there's been arguments that they've been automatically registered to vote, the question is do they vote? And I honestly don't know. I've talked to my local clerk and recorder, Carly Kappas, who got elected at the same time I did, and she's quite certain that illegal do not vote in our elections. And I've heard that from several other clerks and recorders around the state. But it always puts a pit in my stomach when you can show up here, especially now, you don't have to have any kind of proof or sign an affidavit. You have to have some kind of ID that's that could have expired within the last almost ten years, and then you can come here and get your driver's license. With the Senate Bill two seventy six, you'll be able to come in and get in state tuition even if you came here illegally. Man, it's I don't know, the state's kind of it's going haywire. When I drive through this state from all four corners of the of the state, you just see this kind of dwindling down as you get closer and closer to the Denver metro area, and then you know, you get here and you're like, gosh, what happened? Especially if you go down into the downtown area, go down around the Capitol and all these same lawmakers walk in and out of that building every day and they have the ability to turn around and say, oh, don't worry, this isn't a sanctuary state. It just makes it makes no sense whatsoever. I think we'll go ahead and take a break. When we come back, we'll finish the conversation again. You can call in three o three seven one three eight two five y five or text in five seven seven three nine start your text with Dan. And again the question of the day is is Colorado sanctuary state? Follow up question? What what do you see that? What evidence makes it that sanctuary state? So we'll cut to break. We got a caller that's on the line. When we come back, we'll go straight to that caller. But you're listening to the Dan Capless Show here with Will Kenny, Sheriff Steve Raims sitting in the driver's seat. Six point thirty k half.
Speaker 7: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 9: The incidents we're limited to a handful of apartment conflict on apartment complexes, and the mayor said, our dedicated police officers have acted on those concerns a handful of problems.
Speaker 10: Only, Martha, do you hear yourself? Only a handful of apartment complexes in America we're taken over by venezuel gangs. And Donald Trump is the problem and not Kamala Harris's open border. Americans are so fed up with what's going on, and they have every right to be. And I really find this exchange, Martha is sort of interesting because you seem to be more focused with nitpicking everything that Donald Trump has said rather than acknowledging that apartment complexes in the United States of America are being taken over by violent gangs. I worry so much more about that problem than anything else here. We've got to get American communities in a safe space again. And unfortunately, when you let people in by the millions, most of whom are unvetted, most of whom you don't know who they really are, you're going to have problems like this. Kamala Harris ninety four executive orders that undid Donald Trump's successful border policies. We knew this stuff would happen. It's ragged about opening the border, and now we have the consequences and we're living with it. We can do so much better, but frankly, we're not going to do better Martha, unless Donald Trump call this stuff out.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that he did.
Speaker 11: Although we were low income and barely paying our bills, we realized the need to invest in home protection and we purchased three additional handguns as six cameras in the event that we had to defend ourselves. And during June and July, the gang members slowly began to torture us through intimidation, loud arguments, physical conflicts outside our door every night, vandalizing, taking over vacant apartments on our floor, and after several confrontations with the gang members, several calls and submitting video evidence to the Aurora Police Department with no results, we gave up trying to stop them from squatting on the property. We spent the next few weeks looking for another rental, and we were unable to locate another low income property rental that didn't have the same exact issues that we were facing every day.
Speaker 2: And capitals show welcome back to the Dan Caplis show. You got Will Kenny Shirres deve Reems setting in here today. You know, we're talking a lot about illegal immigration, especially in light of what kind of dropped last Friday, which is the federal government filing a lawsuit against the State of Colorado a complaint if you will, and let's see here I believe it is. Sorry, I'm flipping through pages twenty four pages long, which is interesting because at the same time, the state of Colorado is debating a bill, Senate Bill twenty five Dash two seventy six that is basically reaffirming that we are a sanctuary state, that bill being twenty nine pages long. So we're writing a law in the state of Colorado. I say, we are illustrious state legislators writing a law in Colorado to further codify that we are a sanctuary state, all the while while we're being sued by the federal government for being a sanctuary state. You just can't make this stuff up. And you know, I asked you guys, text in, call in, tell me do you think Colorado is a sanctuary state. That's kind of a rhetorical question. I mean, even if you're on the left I think you have to admit at this point Colorado is a sanctuary state. But if you got an argument the other way, I'd love to hear that too. You can text in start your text with Dan at five seven, seven, three nine, or call in three oh three seven one three eight two five y five. We had Eric on the line before we went to break, and I don't think you want to set through a commercial, so hopefully we'll call back in. But regardless, you know, if you've got a comment you want to make about where we're at with this state of illegal immigration, bring it on. I'm sick of it. I'm hoping that this lawsuit filed by the Trump administration does start to reverse some of what we're seeing in this state. You know, the allegations in here are spelled out pretty pretty succinctly, and it starts with House Built nineteen eleven, twenty four, which was kind of the tipping point for law enforcement and our ability to interact with ice by essentially saying that we can't do that anymore, we can't have a meaningful relationship as sheriffs and dealing with how we're going to hand off a person who has an immigration detainer because in the state of Colorado, we just pretend like immigration detainers have no rule of law, and we're supposed to just let the illegals run out the door the minute that they postponded or they finish their time, even though there's an active want for them by Ice or Immigration, if you will to send this person back to where they came from. Some of the texts here, This one is right on point. It says, how about the fact that in the state of Colorado, as law enforcement officers, we aren't even allowed to ask someone's legal status. That is the truth that could be pertinent, That could be very meaningful in a criminal investigation, especially if you're talking to someone and you want to find out if they're a flight risk. You're not supposed to ask them if they're here legally. A clarifying text for the one that was sent in earlier, talking about windshield cleaning on the corners, I said, I assume that's Denver, Aurora. That text are sent back in says no, it's in Thornton, not where I thought we would be talking about. Another one here says this from Alexi. She says, I remember the ICE agent Corey Vorhees enlightening us on how they were prosecuting illegal immigrants only for agricultural trespassing. That goes back to the comments from one of our callers about Bill Ritter when he was the governor of the state of Colorado. You know, we've just we've gone all over the board here about you know, our stands in the state of Colorado and what we're going to do to uphold the citizens rights. Instead, we've we've leaned so far over that we're we're just we're defending the illegals that are here again, text in, call in. You can text in at five seven, seven, three nine, start to text that with Dan, or you can call in at three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. But when we started the show, I had Dick Wadhams on a little bit of a change in gears here. I asked Dick to come on because there's been a transition in the in the Republican Party from the Dave Williams chairmanship over to the Brita Horn chairmanship, and there's been a little bit of a controversy about you know, hey, is this party going to be able to redeem itself? And some of the people that we're very big fans of Dave have been texting me and through social media saying that I'm attacking the guy, or that I'm going after Dave Williams and his time in the chairmanship. I never once said anything cross about Dave Williams. I haven't said anything cross about him here. I think he had every right to get paid as the chairman of the Republican Party. I questioned, why wouldn't you just take that as a payment to Dave Williams as a salary instead of doing it to his consulting firm. But quite frankly, there's probably a tax benefit in doing that, and I don't really care. He had the right to take a payment. What I'm interested in is, okay, is it normal for a chairman to spend down the funds before they turn over the reins to a new person. We had Dick Wadhams on to kind of explain, Hey, sometimes you actually take over being in the hole. So what Dave's team has done and setting the brit of Horn administration up with some funds probably makes a lot of sense. So we got just a couple of minutes, We'll get to Scott here from glenn Dale he's got some questions on gun rights, Scott, what do you got fors Yeah, yeah, go for it.
Speaker 4: That's Scott.
Speaker 6: Can I carry a.
Speaker 4: Handgun in my car loaded?
Speaker 2: Absolutely you can. But I will tell you that jurisdiction by jurisdiction, there are some questions about whether or not a municipality, a state locality could change the law individually for that particular town or city. There was a change in state law a couple I think a couple of cycles ago that said, each each political subdivision can create their own gun laws. They can ignore reciprocity. So the question of that is you need to know where you're going. In Well County, you're totally good. You can carry a loaded gun in your car and be totally legal to do so. I can't tell you that applies equally everywhere in the state. But thanks for the call, Scott. Sorry we're cutting a little short. We've got a hard break here. If you're listening to the Dan Kaplis show here on six point thirty k how with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Reims setting in on the driver's seat. We'll be back right after the.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Dan Capless Show with well kind of shaff Steve Raims on the line here filling in for Dan. We're gonna try to get to a caller here in just a second that's gonna give us some clarification about the Dave Williams regime switch over to the Britta Horn regime, and then we're just gonna put this whole discussion to bad afterwards, because what I want to do is get Republicans rowing in the right direction. And we've had a lot of information come out from the Dave Williams camp for the last two years that you know, has been criticized from one side or the other. Now we have the Brittahorn administration coming in to run the Republican Party and we have some criticism there. And the handoff of the funds from one group to the next has been I guess questionable in the way that it's been advertised out to the public as to where the funds legit, where things spent the correct way, And when I boiled down and look through the numbers, I can't see that anything illegal was done. There was a question of why Dave didn't just take a salary instead of switching things over to his hit, his firm, his you know, his side business, if you will. But quite frankly, there was probably a tax break there. So to clear things up, we have a gentleman who I don't think I've met in person, but he was willing to come on the show and say, hey, uh, here's kind of the facts of the matter and set the record straight. He's the former treasurer of the Republican Party for the state of Colorado. His name is Tom b Orkland. Tom, thanks for coming on with us, and your time is valuable, so we'll try to make sure we stay on point.
Speaker 4: Thanks Tom, Yeah, thanks for having me. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You bet.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 2: There was an email set out by Bretta Horn and her team I guess middle of last week. They kind of just said, hey, here's the funds that we have. I don't know if she was, you know, trying to infer that the going outgoing administration hadn't done things completely correct or if it was just a matter of you know, people jumping to conclusions. But I think you prepared a lot of the information that ended up in that email, So can you just tell us, hey, you know, here here's the way things ended, here's what here's the work you did while you were in that seat. And I know you had to do a lot of work. You're a professional accountant from what I can tell. So just tell us where we're really at, if you would.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I I well, first of all, to set the state the you know, there's there's more factions within the Republican.
Speaker 2: Party, no doubt about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so bridges on, you know, apparently one of the sides. And I wouldn't even say there's two sides. There's probably three or four factions within the within the party, and at various times they.
Speaker 6: Uh, you know, get together.
Speaker 4: But the you know, my my experience as a as a measure for multiple campaigns, you know, goes all the way back to twenty ten when I was a treasurer for Compent Credo's campaign for the governor when he ran under the American Constitution Party. So and then interestingly enough, I was the treasurer for dave opponent when Dave ran for chairman and his opponent Eric Odland, and I endorsed Erek, and to my surprise, Dave asked me to join his you know, join the Colorado rebooking parties scheme, and so you know, I came on board with with Dave and really just working with Dave, I mean he was a consumer professional, just like with Eric. I mean, their management styles were very similar. He let me do my job, he oversaw things, and you know, he actually wasn't a signer on the account. A lot of chair chair people don't like to be signers because they don't want to be implicated if there's.
Speaker 2: Anything wrong, you know.
Speaker 4: So but but Dave was, you know, he was a he was a pro. So he kind of left things up to me to handle. And you know, and then all these during these internal battles, people started accusing him of, you know, literally stealing money. We had one of our elected people from the from the party had accused him of stealing money, and they asked me to clarify it, and you know, and I wasn't even in on the whole conversation, and they kind of roped me in and said, hey, Tom, you know there's I'm being accused of stealing money. Will you what do you have to say? And I told Aranda, she's not even having a bank account, so hard.
Speaker 2: To steal something you don't have access to right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, and so uh and and then she said, uh, you know you must be in on it then. So that was the beginning all this questioning of the finances, and you know, it was a to the shock and so, you know, it just looks like it's a continuation with with with Bretta Horn. This is one faction trying to make the other faction look bad. And you know, it's there's reality and then there's politics. Unfortunately, that's that's where we're at. And then she sends out this email and you know the beginning of that is we we met on Friday, the the fourth of April. We met and she had her attorney there and uh, the young guy that are asking to be the you know, the office guy, the the executive director, I guess, and and Britta was there and and they brought in this man named Michael Wheeler who is going to be the treasurer. And so they introduced me to Michael. Michael was you know, we'd had have some interactions before and you know, he wasn't a friendly skuy in the past, but he was very professional and friendly and this meeting and you know, we just talked about how we were going to turn over the books and he lives an Eagle and I am Grant Junction, so you know, it went by Eagle and dropped off the check books to him. We went down to sign all the paperwork and get that, get the ball rolling, and you know, turn everything over. So it takes you know, it takes a good month to turn over things because there's a lot of moving parts with the party. So to me, kind of being the last guy out the door, that kind of fell on me to do.
Speaker 2: So do you feel comfortable that the books that you handed over to Britta and her team are as accurate as can possibly be? I mean, do you believe those are beyond reproach? I'm kind of putting you on the spot, but you're the guy that prepared him, So what's your opinion?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, you know, I'm I am the guy that prepared the last for the last few years. But that's you know, as far as the book's being perfect, they're other or not. And I was very upfront when I came into the meeting and I told them that we've been working on a discrepancy between the cash on hand between what they've been reporting to the FBC and what was actually in the bank and it was off by you know, six figures, and Michael asked me to put a number on it, and I said, well, you know, the more I dig, the worst kids, because you know, I'm planning errors or omissions or whatever. And as we as we reconcile those internally, the number is getting worse, not getting better. And I was really hoping to help fix that problem of that discrepancy. And so he asked me to put a number on it, and I said, well, you know, I don't have all the details yet because this stills back years. It goes back before the administration, before days. Yeah, And that that came from the Mike McCauley was the guy who was filing their books. He's the CPA out of Utah, and and I had when we had taken over, when Dave took over. I emailed them and they said, hey, these books appear to be off by about one hundred thousand dollars. And he said, give me a call. And so he told me, you know, it's actually ninety five thousand and the you know, and I had been working on it, is what he said. And I didn't quite understand what he meant by that, but as I looked through the books, I kind of realized that it appeared that they were understating expenditures and or excuse the overstating expenditures which then would get reported and reduce that total and over in the midst and deposits and things and show.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: So as I looked and did you know if I was going to repair that, it was gone to actually that discrepancy was going to get bigger. So I mentioned that to to Britta and I and you know, in her team. I just want to let them know heads up, you know, this is you know, full disclosure there. The books don't balance, at least on the federal side, and this is why. And you know, we we were aware of it. I reported it as soon as I found out about it. I reported it to the Federal Election Commission, that the books didn't balance. There were still incoming checks and things, so I didn't have the total of where the balance was off because frankly, we didn't get any books when when I took over. All they did was they gave the code and the Dore code, and there was you know, there were two shredders in the middle of the rooms, little pieces of paper all over the place, so we you know, we didn't get any books, so I had to kind of recreate things from bank balances and public records and.
Speaker 2: Try to not the best not the best way of doing business. Well, Tom, we could probably talk about this for days, but I think at this point I feel safe and kind of summarizing. You did the best you could to clean up the mess that you were given, and it sounds like you feel pretty confident that you've handed things off in as best condition as possible to this new administration. Look, I appreciate you being on. I know that you know it's hard to come on and try to explain financials on a radio show, But at this point, I think it's important for all these factions to just move forward and say, let's get Republicans elected. I think you could probably agree with me on that. Correct.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean it would be good, but I'd like to see the discrepancy fix and I'm sure the federal election to mission.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely absolutely so.
Speaker 4: But but you know, I've heard interviews, you know, in great alls and said she's only going to look at the two years and she's calling well political audit. She's turning over the books to the people who actually did Dave's opponents books for the primary, okay, and so in those that's going to be who does the forensic audit, And you know she's named air quotes forensic gotit. You know, forensic audit is really what they need in order to find that money. And I'm I'm all for a forensic on it, but I'm not in favor of a political audit.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 4: Where they're out, they're just trying to find something that they can pin on Dave, or maybe there's an error or some numbers got transposer, who knows what?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: If they find something, and then they make them out and out of amolele and try to try to distract from the bigger issue, which is there somewhere.
Speaker 2: Tom. I appreciate you coming on. We got a hard break to go to, but thanks for thanks for educating us. Again. You're listening to the Dan Caplea Show here on six thirty KM and.
Speaker 7: Now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Dan Kapla Show and our final segment here of hour two. Ben just flies by every time I get to host this show. But speaking of flying by, we had a couple of callers that waded through that last segment, so I want to get to them right away. We got Paul from Arvada.
Speaker 12: Paul, how you doing, Hey, I'm doing great, misaffronoon, Hey, thank you for your service.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 12: So, yes, I believe call it I was a sanctuary state. And one piece of evidence is that I believe our legislatures legislators are more interested in defending illegal immigrants than they are in helping our own students.
Speaker 2: I can tell you they certainly don't help law enforcement either. They hate us, I bet so.
Speaker 12: Specifically, last year, House built twenty four to twelve sixteen is the Justice Engaged Students Bill of Rights, and it is a great bill with one huge law, and that is that it was not funded. So there's absolutely zero dollars allocated by our legislators. So that students who get justice engaged, which means involved with the law in some way, shape or form, they should have a hotline that they can call and get help, whether that means legal help, family support, graduation plan, whatever. And so I would just encourage folks to contact their states senators and representatives and say fund HVA twenty four or twelve sixteen.
Speaker 2: All right, great, thanks for calling in, Paul, and thanks for holding through that last segment. We'll get to Hunter and Larimer County. You got a question about traffic science. Hopefully I can answer that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Sure.
Speaker 6: Have you noticed that when you're entering the highway, I'll just use I twenty five, that the yield signs have been removed and people think that the oncoming traffic is supposed to yield to the people coming onto the highway because it's really getting kind of dangerous. I'm in Larimer County. If I was going to say alt or something up in Well County and I was taking thirty four east, I'd have a hard time getting off the highway because the people getting on the highway at thirty four are preventing us from descending down into that curve to go on to thirty four.
Speaker 12: But it's all over.
Speaker 6: I twenty five. There are no yield signs. They've removed them. So do we not have to yield anymore?
Speaker 2: You still have to yield, but I guess signage is just optional in the state of Colorado anymore. My assumption is those signs have probably been taken out during construction or whatever. And they just thought, well, this is a cost saving move. Everybody's supposed to know what the rules of the road were, so we just won't put the sign back up.
Speaker 6: I don't know, there isn't any anywhere on the highway. And you know, next time you drive on the interstate, just look, you'll see there are no yield signs.
Speaker 2: Well, unfortunately, I'm going to have a long drive going back to Weld County. But fortunately the ends in Weld County. I'll take a look at every one of the entrants and exits off of you.
Speaker 6: I'd love to have it here a comment sometime from you on that, because you know, people don't yield to get on the highway. They expect you to slow down and let them on, or change lanes or something.
Speaker 2: Run into it all. Yeah, I see it all the time, now that you mentioned it, I just never noticed the absence of the yield signs. But I'll keep my eyes out and I'm sure the callers and listeners will also, So Hunter, thanks for calling in appreciate it. So when we finished that last segment, you know there are a few texts have rolled in Alexi, says Sheriff Rames. Theoretically, the easiest account to reconcile should be cash. So disappointing. I'd love to see a forensic got it. And I think that's, you know, that's what Britta Horn's been been suggesting that she's going to do. But when we had Tom on Tom YORKLND, he mentioned that some of this stuff may have been a carryover all the way back to the Ryan Call administration. I just want to encourage people, if you haven't been that involved in politics, if you google Ryan Call Colorado, one of the first articles that comes up is out of the out of Colorado politics. It's Ernest Lunning, says ex Colorado GOP chairman Ryan Called disbarred over mishandling funds at pro Trump pack. So go figure. You know, now we're in a place where six years, eight years later, there's still a question about where some funding is and how long that's carried over. Not a good look for the Republicans. But at this point, I think you got to bury this hatchet, try to figure out how to reconcile the books and move forward. So it's been a pleasure fill it in for Dan. Here on a Monday, a windy, cold looking monday, out the window have a safe drive home if you're leaving going that way, just like I am. And again this is well Kenny Sheriff Steve Reens setting in for Dan Caplis here. I'm six thirty k