Speaker 1: The remainder of the story is, my bidet has a blue light to guide me to the toilet at night without turning on the expensive overhead lights and waking me up.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, dragon, Uh huh. So a guy with a bidet yep that has a soft blue light yep is complaining that he that way he doesn't have to turn on the expensive overhead light. I just want to make sure I understood that.
Speaker 3: My thing is that he has a separate bidet outside of the regular toilet.
Speaker 2: Yes, so he's probably like like many fancy hotel rooms, there will be the commode over here, and then the bidet will be separate, you know, and apart from So it's a separate, self contained bid a bit and uh he's he's complaining about that.
Speaker 3: But you know, most of us regular folks here, if we were to have a bit bedet, well we would attach that to the regular toilet rather than insert a completely new device in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't even afford one of those bedet converters. So I run a garden hose from the backyard up through the upper deck and then in through the sliding glass doors into the master bathroom, and I just you know, I always have it on, so I always have pressure. I just have a little nozzle on the end. I just that's just what I use. It kind of irritates Tamber for some reason.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why why didn't you use your hair blow dryer to get everything?
Speaker 2: I don't do that anymore. I don't do it anymore. So Dragon walks in this morning, and he doesn't realize that he, uh, he's completely derailed the program this morning because even though this was the sub yeah, well, god blame somebody. Even though this was the subject of a Michael Brown minute, which we just recorded for over on Freedom, so you can listen to the you know Them the Saturday show from ten to one on Freedom, My three seven reel News Real Talk from ten to one last night. I'm doing My or Not last night. Sometime yesterday afternoon, I'm kind of wrapping up my show prep and it's time to find a Michael Brown minute, and I start digging around, and I'm digging around, and I'm digging around. I really can't find anything. And then I run across a single story that caught my eye and I thought, how did I miss this? And so I dug around and I finally, I will tell you the one place that I've found the story was CBS Colorado. I then thought to myself, wait a minute. When I do show prep for the Michael Brown Minute, I go to the local television stations. I go to, uh, the Denver Gazette, the Colorado Sun, Denver right westward, sometimes the Denver Post, not very often, but I go to all of the local media outlets just to kind of quickly scour to see if there's anything local that might be good for a minute, or that is, you know, a newsworthy story worthy of our time to discuss. And the reason I don't discuss a lot of local news on this program is because well, you live here, and so you get all of that, and so well, you know, unless I've got to take on it that I think is important for you to know. I don't really care a lot about a lot of local stuff except the Denver stuff and the and the corruption. And I will take you for for example, last night, I was going down this rabbit hole about you know, the Stanley Hotel in Essas Park has been purchased, and part of that purchase has been done with your sales tax dollars and as I dug deeper into it, find out that they've also issued some four hundred million dollars in bonds, revenue bonds which but which are not an obligation of the taxpayers. So bond holders if they, you know, if they don't produce the revenue to service the bonds, well then they'll look at the assets. But ultimately taxpayers will not be responsible for that, except if there's political pressure, which would then you know, cause the commies of the Pullet Bureau to then decide that they want, oh, we want the taxpayers to bail out you know, this Colorado Cultural Authority or whatever it's called. And I've been going down the rabbit hole trying to study the bonds and figure out all of that. And and there was a quote in there about Jared Polus, you know, is all behind this because that will become a venue for the Sun Dance Film Festival. And all I thought was, Oh, that's a great story about corruption and how self dealing's going on. And they're all, you know, between the consultants, the issue of the bonds, the people that you know per the bonds, you know, the legislature, everybody, it's just a it's it's a it's a it's a rat's nest of self dealing is what it is. And I started to do that one, but then as I'm thinking, ah, you know, that's too complicated. I can't make that into sixty seconds. So I kept looking and then I come across this story, and I thought, how did I miss this story? Because this is the kind of story that that would stick out with me. So I went to three separate artificial intelligence sources, and I went to Lexus Nexus, and I went to a Google search and I found let me just tell you, and I refreshed it again this morning, and this morning I find this search was yesterday. I don't see a timestamp on it, but this was. I'm just saying this was sometime yesterday, I said. And the answer is based on available information. The following Colorado based news outlets have covered this story, and at lists one one CBS News. CBS News reported on the incident, detating the circumstances of the story that I'm going to tell you in a minute. And I know I'm bearing the lead here because I'm burying the lead for purse on purpose. I know exactly what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: So don't question me because it's gonna piss you off.
Speaker 2: Then this morning I decide, now, wait a minute, this is something that happened kind of like the story about DA You know, Denver International had an air traffic in atc outage that occurred. What was the story Dragon on Monday? Yeah, it occurred on Monday. How did we not know about that? How do we not know about that? Well, the same reason you did know about this story. Now, Dragon told me that Ryan covered this story last night or yesterday afternoon whenever during during his program. I didn't know that. Because I didn't, I'm no disrespect to it, Brian, Actually all disrespect to Ryan. Now I'm thinking about who I'm talking about. But as I've said before, I don't listen to other people's talk shows. I just I don't want to be influenced by it. You know, I don't want to. I just don't do it. I get enough myself. I don't need anybody else talking to me. That's why when I leave this to I don't like to talk anyway. Dragon starts relaying to me, oh, you said something about the DEA story. How do we just hear about that? Correct? And I said, well, have you heard this story, and I start reading him the minute or just kind of mentioning some of the facts from the minute, and Dragon goes ballistic. Dragon is furious.
Speaker 3: Tales of this story are just insane.
Speaker 2: Absolutely insane. The controversy, well, let me let me back up. I really won't because I hadn't planned to do this, So this is all this is all stamporaneous. I had planned to mention this story kind of in passing, maybe during one segment where I might cover it for you know, fifteen or twenty minutes. That might be it. But the more I think about it, the story itself is infuriating, that this is a two pronged story. The story itself is infuriating, but what everybody else is missing is even more infuriating. Now, this is a story that broke. We don't have a timestamp on Brian's audio, do we Yeah, I don't see a timestamp. But the point is, let's go back to what I said earlier that when I did my search yesterday at probably I don't know between let's say, between the hours of three and five o'clock yesterday afternoon, the only outlet that had covered this story out of every outlet in Colorado for something that occurred several days before, was CBS News Colorado in Aurora. Yeah, this is this is a local story. This is a local story that is similar to other stories around the country that get nationwide coverage. And sure enough, the sound that Ryan has comes from CBS News Colorado. And I want to emphasize again that yesterday CBS News Colorado was the only outlet that had covered that.
Speaker 3: And thanks Ryan for leaving your audio up on the computer so the wee can tell you it.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Exactly right. So I thought, now, wait a minute, So if they, if the local cabal ignored this story until finally yesterday, let me check it in this morning. So I go on Lexus Nexus. I log into Lexus Nexus this morning and I do a similar bullion search to find places that have reported the story. Well, guess what. Now we have six sources, but they're all dated yesterday after I did my original search, around four o'clock Fox News. So and I'm going to tell you the story via Fox News. And when you go to Fox News, this was published yesterday, dragging me to guess what time?
Speaker 3: Uh, probably around that. Well, if Ryan got the audio, it had to be prior to the start of his show, So maybe noon one one o'clock.
Speaker 2: Four PM, which would be seven fifty four Mountain Time. Updated this morning at seven twenty a. So Fox finally picked it up last night after I had found the one source Yahoo last night, breit Bart last night, the Daily Caller actually earlier yesterday, the Rocky Mountain Voice earlier, and then it just lists county local news, and it gives me a source to go look for some county local news places. The story, Caitlin Weaver, Let's just go directly to CBS, because I think CBS and Sean Boyd in particular deserve credit for at least having the cajones to cover this story.
Speaker 4: Tonight and a story you'll see only on CBS Colorado.
Speaker 5: Your reporter Sean Voyd talks to that young woman parents who say the Plea Deal devalues their daughter's life.
Speaker 6: She really spent her life wanting to help people.
Speaker 5: John Weaver says his daughter, Caitlin was a born caregiver, protective and supportive of siblings and strangers alike. A psychology major, she worked for a suicide hotline before taking a job at a drug rehab center in Aurora. It was there, her dad says, she found her calling in life.
Speaker 6: She was really trying to make a difference in their lives every day.
Speaker 5: It was after one of those days last July, as she drove home her boyfriend on speaker a nearby ring camera recording, Caitlin Weaver was killed by a jeep barreling through a residential neighborhood. The speed limit forty five. The driver, investigators say, was doing more than ninety.
Speaker 6: She didn't even see him coming, that's how fast he was going. She was effectively killed instantly.
Speaker 5: Michelle and John Weaver removed their daughter from life support two days later.
Speaker 2: How do you fathom that loss?
Speaker 5: She was twenty four. The suspect, who had kids in the car with him, was fifteen. He was not only driving illegally, he was in the country illegally.
Speaker 6: DIA's office said that this would be no plea deal case, so they were not going to offer anything any concession.
Speaker 5: That changed, he says, when the Arapo County District Attorney's office changed hands a few months later. Under Daamy Padden, the team who faced up to two years in youth corrections for vehicular homicide was offered two years probation if he pled guilty, why the change.
Speaker 6: If he had taken a firearm and recklessly just shot it and killed somebody, this would be a different case. They would be pushing it completely different.
Speaker 2: But there's no.
Speaker 5: Deterrence, no financial liability either. Despite nearly a million in medical bills. The jeep was uninsured, and the juvenile's mom says he took it without permission, so she isn't responsible either.
Speaker 6: Immigration and the criminal justicism and all these things landed together one day in Aurora, and now I sit here today without a daughter.
Speaker 5: An orgon donor, Caitlin Weaver continues to live on in others, while the person who killed her lives free. Investigators say his mom initially planned to move him back to Columbia. He has now filed for asylum.
Speaker 6: I hope that he makes something of himself and that he remembers the chance he got, and I hope he doesn't forget her.
Speaker 5: A Rappo County Assistant District Attorney Ryan Brackley says an experienced prosecutor handled the plea deal without any direct involvement by the new administration, and a judge he notes upheld the deal after hearing from the family, he says, before any plea deal, they consider the impact on the victims and the community, the character wristics of the defendants such as age, culpability, and level of remorse, and the goals of sentencing, including deterrence, rehabilitating the offender, treating similarly situated offenders equitably, and holding each offender accountable. He says, in this case, the negotiated sentence acknowledges the seriousness of this preventable tragedy. In addition to one hundred hours community service, the team is required to attend school and not break any lass. If he does, he goes back to court under the plea, his probation is not automatically revoked because he's a juvenile. The case is sealed. The Weavers say the defendant never apologize. They say the criminal justice system failed them and their daughter. Sewan Boyd covering Colorado.
Speaker 2: First, congratulations Sean for having the guts to cover the story and to cover it objectively and to give us. I mean, there are a few things that I want to add to the story. But as outrageous as the story itself is, which is outrageous, even more outrageous is where's the local media Where's Fox thirty one? Where's nine News? Nine news? Where are you is the fact that it involved in the illegal alien juvenile? You don't want to cover it? Where's Channel seven? Uh? Where's where's the CW? Whe's Channel two? PBS? Did you cover it? Where's the Denver Post? Denver Gazette couldn't find anything with you?
Speaker 5: Where?
Speaker 2: Where? Where is any where? Where's where is it? Where is the coverage? This is my point about when it comes to the dominant media, the mainstream media, whether it's the cabal at the national level or the kabal at the local level, you cannot depend upon them to tell you the stories that are important for your community. How many times do we hear national stories that will say you know, that will talk about say her name, say say his name, say her name, and there will be national outrage about situations like this, and here we just don't want to talk about it. We just don't want to talk about it. So the story itself is outrageous. The coverage is outrageous. The lack of the coverage. So when we get back, I want to walk through a little bit of the details about this District Attorney Amy Padden, you know you want to remember somebody's name. Yes, remember Caitlin Weaver killed by a fifteen year old illegal alien. But remember when you elect progressive Marxist das like Amy Padden. This is the kind of book rap that you get. Congratulations Colorado once again. You seem to be exceeding California in New York and Chicago and twenty eight oh seven, huh, Oxy marn of the day. I did not realize you were.
Speaker 7: So challenged with pronunciations. You say that you know what ira hajji means. Please let me clarify. Having camp at end of the camp for three summers in my youth camp, I'd rather have Jesus has pronounced idra hajjie.
Speaker 2: Thank you, keep up the good work. Let me Dragon, So let's go back to this. I don't give about my pronunciations stuff the so this controversy, well, let's let's first drag now. I did because it costs me, so I haven't done it. I let Dragon do it on Google. So you did a search for news stories between what'd you say between June and August?
Speaker 3: Between June first and August thirty first, because the accident itself July twenty four, I don't think we have any much more definitive information that because we were perusing all the other stories that were recently put together. But yeah, just a Google search from June first, twenty twenty four to July thirty first, twenty twenty four, there's there's nothing.
Speaker 2: Nothing, nothing at all. So at the time of the accident, nothing's reported. And I did search her name and Aurora. So yeah, Kitlyn, you got it narrowed, You've got it. You did it. That's a good that's a good Boolean search. You did a very good job. Patch yourself on the back. But I want to emphasize that all of the AI Lexus and Nexus, which is actually better than AI in this in this particular circumstance, and Google, which I would rank third on the list. Uh, no stories about this until yesterday. Huh gee, I wonder why don't you don't you want to just call up all the other news stations and the and the uh, including you know, our own news department and everybody else, the Post, the Gazette, all the TV stations, all of them, you know, PBS, all of them, NPR. Uh, Why why are you not reporting on this when this is exactly the kind of story that garners national attention when it happens anywhere else in the country. Now, I just want to make I don't want to go into the details right now, but I want to make one general statement. What's ironic about this story is that yesterday, before I started going down this rabbit hole, I'm working on a story based on a research paper that one of the think tanks in Colorado has done about the number of automobiles registered, motorcycles registered, and the number of traffic deaths and the number of traffic enforcement citations. That while auto registrations are increasing and there are more and more autos on the road, the number of traffic infractions that are being in citations that are being issued is dramatically declining, meaning that there's less and less traffic enforcement. So let's go So in that context of what's happening in this state, of this state going down the crapper and becoming as bad, if not worse than New York or Illinois or California, you get this, and I don't hear any story other than Fox. Finally, at nine point fifty four pm last night, puts it on their website, updates it early this morning, and then we find a few other like Breitbart, Legal Insurrection, a few other places that you would only pick up if you were using Lexus Nexus or something which would you find the story. So here we go. It all revolves around a plea agreement by district Attorney Amy Patten. A fifteen year old unlicensed illegal alien from Columbia engaged in and committed an act of vehicular homicide in July of twenty twenty four in Aurora. He's driving a stolen, uninsured jeep more than ninety miles an hour in a forty five residential zone, crashes into twenty oh by the way, and there are other kids in the car with him, who I'm sure also I'm saying say I'm sure, but I'm going to presume we're probably also illegal aliens killing her. Now, she was a life support I think for maybe a couple of days when doctors and the family agreed, yeah, there's no hope here, so they pulled the plug. Her medical expenses amounted to a million dollars over a million dollars, so she was pronounced dead two days after being taken off life support. Now, he was initially charged with this is where if I maybe just because I'm a lawyer, but this is where I want you to be as irritated as I am. He was charged with vehicular homicide under Colorado law. That is a class five felony. You can find it in Title eighteen of Colorado's Revised Statutes, which has a maximum of two years in youth corrections. So that's the original charge. Under the plea deal, he plaged guilty and received two years of probation including now now again, don't forget he's here in this country illegally, and not forget too. Mom's trying to cover her ass by saying, oh, he didn't have my permis I didn't. Stories differ, but generally speaking, in the stories say that either she didn't know he took the jeep or that she claims she didn't give him permission to take the jeep. So she's trying to cover her ass too. Fifteen years old sided under you know, title eighteen vehicular homicide and the father, the father of Caitlyn Weaver, is correct. Had this been a gun, had he you know, committed manslaughter or you know, he was brandishing a weapon or you know, farting around with a gun or whatever and he accidentally shot somebody. He was out in his front yard and he, you know, accudentally fired the weapon and went through the window of the neighbor across the street and killed a twenty four year old sitting in her bedroom, you know, playing a video game, or it killed a ninety four year old woman sitting in her rocking chair watching some something. He would have also been charged with manslaughter, which carries a four year sentence. So now this all occurs before Amy Padden, the newly elected d elected DA in a Rapahole County. She's elected in November. She takes office in January, and as the father says, and is confirmed by the five sources or six sources that I now find that now report about this, she changed the plea deal. The family was originally told this is a no plea case. We will seek the maximum penalty. No, that's not what he did. Now, that's not what she did. Amy Padden personifies the kind of progressive district attorney that does not give a rats ass about people's lives and instead, Now I don't know, is it because he's an illegal alien and so we got to be you know, we gotta do can't do that? Or does she have some more sympathy for the perpetrator of the crime than she does the victim of the crime. An innocent woman just driving home from the dream job. She's finally found killed instantly by an illegal alien in this country. I suppose at any moment, we'll have the Colorado Congressional delegation, and you know, Jasmine Crockett and Alexandria Cassio Cortez and Bernie Sanders and Chuck Schumer and all the rest of them protesting because this kid has a horrible sentence. Now, why this kid will ride away forever? My guess is now, I want you to think about the irony of this. So he gets two years of probation, one hundred hours of community service, mandatory school attendance. I for some reason, I thought we already had mandatory school attendance in this state. I'm really kind of screwed up to morning. I thought we already had that.
Speaker 3: You can homeschool, so I don't think you have to mandatory mandatory.
Speaker 2: Well, it just says mandatory school attendance. Doesn't say what you got to go to school and a condition to not break any laws. Well, I would say that as long as he's in this country illegally. He's breaking in law, so he's already violated his probation. But that doesn't make any difference to Amy Padden. No, so he ends up being adjudicated as a juvenile delinquent rather than convicted of a crime. And that's because in Colorado's juvenile system, they emphasize rehabilitation over punishment for minors. And I generally speaking, you don't have a problem with that. I mean, you know, some fifteen year old kid does something stupid, but it doesn't result in the death of somebody. But it isn't it It could be tried as an adults. No, we should try to rehabilitate that child. Where's the rehabilitation in here? Where's the rehabilitation? Oh? You got to go to school, do one hundred hours of community service. I'd like to know what is community service is going to be this?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: The other thing that really irritates me, you know there is when I was practicing law and I had juvenile cases. You know, I get I get Court of points to take on some you know, juvenile case. Some kid did something stupid. You know maybe maybe you know, maybe they were actually they had they had a permit to drive, but they were driving without an adult with them or whatever the rule may have been at that time, but they caused some damage somewhere. Do you know that in the court system there was actually an office of restitution and there were restitution officers who were charged with the responsibility of the restitution imposed by the court to work with that juvenile to help them find work or a source of income, even though they might not ever pay everything off, they had to make the attempt. This dirt bag is not required to even try to pay the costs of the medical treatment of Caitlin Weaver, not even try, not at all. Colorado. You truly do suck and Amy Padden, shame on you. You know this was being tried by a seasoned prosecutor who told the family, no deal, no, no, this is too serious situation. Amy p and gets elected and steps in and decides, Oh, now she defends the plea deal. I'll tell you how she defends the plea deal next.
Speaker 4: Why would a judge even accept a deal like this. I've got to blame it on demon rat voters. They are despicable people. I mean, it's I understand that politicians are evil, but their voters are just despicable people.
Speaker 2: And they keep putting people like that into office, the DA, the judges, it's it's this. The story is. Look, let's let let me play lawyer for just a moment now, because the court records are sealed, what I'm about to say is entirely speculation. Okay, entirely speculation. But if this by fifteen year old Colombian illegal alien was charged as an adult with vehicular homicide, the penalty, as I understand and under the title eighteen of Colorado's statutes, is a maximum of two years. And because he's a juvenile, assuming they try him as a juvenile, he would have been detained in a juvenile detention center for up to two years. Now it could have been less than that based on good behavior, et cetera. Now, he was not, however, tried as an adult. He was tried as a juvenile. That was the decision made by the new district Attorney, Amy Padden. Now I don't know, so this again is a speculation, but he may have been giving what's given what's called you know everybody all the news stories referred to as probation. Well, technically it might be what's called a deferred sentence. So right now, as that kid wanders around free somewhere in Colorado that killed the twenty four year old, he's wandering around free right now, you understand that, right he is a convicted criminal, So Homeland Security ice pick him up, deport his ass because if you don't at the end of this probation period, If and again, if he got a deferred sentence, that means that sentencing is deferred until a date certain in the future, two years from now. And if he's complied with the probation, he's gone to school, he's not committed any other crime, which I don't understand how he gets by with that, because as long as he stays in this country, he continues to commit a crime. But setting that aside, if at the end of that period, that probation period, he's met all the requirements of the probation, and if he has received a deferred sentence, he is allowed to withdraw his guilty plea enter a plea of not guilty, and the record is expunged and he won't have a criminal record. Let that sink him for a minute. Now, let me ask you another question, and let me just be as harsh as I can about this. If this was your kid, you think you get that treatment. If this was you know, some Asian kid, some white kid. Do you think of would happened there? No, I do not think would happen at all. I think a rapahole County. You have managed to elect a soft on crime district attorney who is doing nothing less than coddling a criminal who killed a twenty four year old. You know we we keep saying, say her name, Lincoln Riley, say her name, Caitlyn Weaver, Colorado. Shame on you, Colorado News media, Shame on you.
Speaker 1: M