Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI A M. Six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Well, new polling shows Harrison Trump dead lucked in Southwest battlegrounds. That is not a surprise. It is where they stand elsewhere. It's where we kick off. Swamp watch.
Speaker 2: Swamp is horrible.
Speaker 3: Government man, gonna make this like a reality TV show.
Speaker 4: Corn was a bad doos, always.
Speaker 1: A pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d c.
Speaker 3: Hey Joe, a town all too clearly built on a swamp in so many ways, still a swamp. I have a watch make he said, drained the swamp.
Speaker 4: I said, oh, that's so hell You know the thing.
Speaker 1: Trump and Harris virtually tied in Arizona and Nevada. We talked about Kamala Harris's campaign gonna be basically be renting out the sphere there. Her picture will be emblazoned on it. That starts today through election, some of her sayings, her mottos, the Harris Walls campaign mottos, will be lighting up the sphere there in Vegas, hoping to gain ground in Nevada. He's ahead by one percent there According to the latest polls, she's ahead by one percent in Arizona. Although I've done my own polling by going to that football game and hearing the crowd boo Taylor Swift, I believe Trump will carry Arizona. That's my polling.
Speaker 3: It is pretty crazy to see if you go on Real Clear Politics or Real Clear polling, they do the averages and those swing states of Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina.
Speaker 4: The margins are so small.
Speaker 3: I mean, Trump by four tenths of a percent in Pennsylvania, or five tenths of a percent in Wisconsin, or Harris three tenths of a percent lead in the state of Michigan. It's all so incredibly close. Is it going to end up that close the vote or are we just going to see a complete blowout one side or the other in the poles are going to take, you know, take it right in the shorts again because they've been wrong in the past, and I mean, there's no We'll get into some of these late polls and then the pollsters will conduct their own analysis of their own poles and say what was wrong or what was right and how they can fix it for next time.
Speaker 1: Maybe ballot drop boxes in Portland and Vancouver, Oregon and Washington were set on fire yesterday morning. They believe the incidents are connected. Volvo was spotted at both scenes.
Speaker 4: A Volvo.
Speaker 1: A Volvo, of course, it was a Volvo. It's Portland, Vancouver. I wonder who did this. I can profile profile this was a car Democrat yep, because it was in predicular, predominantly conservative areas. I didn't know there was such a thing in Portland. Neither did I. I mean in Vancouver, I could see it, but I didn't know there was any in Portland.
Speaker 3: We have talked about lawsuits that we expect to be filed after the vote on Tuesday for any number of reasons. And there is a weird story today about a pre election lawsuit that was filed that actually got some pretty sharp backlashed. A federal judge today tossed out a lawsuit that was trying to segregate overseas ballots in Pennsylvania for additional vetting. Now, a group of Republican members of Congress wanted to took issue with the state of Pennsylvania not requiring the same level of identific for you to request an overseas ballot and you're serving in the military. Most are serving in the military, but you may be an American citizen living somewhere else and you still want to vote. The overseas vote has for a very long time been sacro sanct, perhaps because of its connection to the military. That's what most people think of when they think of overseas ballots. So this civilian community. Lately, the expac community has outnumbered military voters, and Democrats have talked about trying to get their outreach to those people who live overseas to.
Speaker 4: Continue to vote.
Speaker 3: But the judge in this case, Judge District Judge Chris Cooper, said the challengers to these policies for overseas ballots was too late and that it was too close to the election for any court like this to intervene. What the Republicans were asking to do is just set aside those overseas ballots until they could be adjudicated as valid ballots and then counted in all of this. At a court hearing this month, a lawyer for one of the elections officials said that by the time the complaint had been filed, twenty six thousand overseas ballots had already been requested by the state for the state of Pennsylvania. It's not clear how many of them would have been rejected under the verification procedures that the Republicans were looking for. But that's just another one of those new things, one of these pre election lawsuits that has been filed and apparently decided.
Speaker 1: To this point, Trump trying to flip the script on Kamala Harris, the narrative that he is Hitler, or that he is Nazi, a Nazi, that he is complimentary when it comes to Hitler, he now accuses her. Trump accusing Harris of running a campaign of hate. I've seen those signs love versus hate around the around the lawns. Yeah, that's I don't think that it's love versus hate anymore because she started with the joy thing but has moved towards the He's Hitler thing, which to me is not love well.
Speaker 3: And it's funny that that has that has been lost. So much of what she's done lately has been more aggressive, which people were asking her to do a long time ago, like you can't let this guy just come out there and be pugilistic without fighting back. You can't fight him by shoving a daisy down the barrel of his gun.
Speaker 4: You have to make sure that you punch back.
Speaker 1: The daisy was working. She could have let other people punch back.
Speaker 3: Until people were like, yeah, but this just tastes like marshmallows. There's no there's no substance there, not that marshmallows taste bad. But this was the former president from mar A Lago this morning.
Speaker 5: No person has caused so much destruction and death at home and abroad should ever be allowed to be the president of the United States. You can't have that.
Speaker 4: You can't have that.
Speaker 5: So I'm running on a plan to save America. We're going to save America. We have no choice. It's the greatest there is. We love it and we're going to save it. We have no choice. And it's going to be saving it from the incredible destruction that's been caused by crooked Joe Biden and Kamala.
Speaker 4: That's I mean, that's what we're going to get for the next week.
Speaker 1: I wish I could take some sort of matrix pill or press a button or something. I never actually saw the movie, and it be Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Thursday, or just any Tuesday in November or December.
Speaker 4: I mean, because it's going to be a while, Like it's going to be a.
Speaker 3: While before we know what's going on, unless it's unless these are awfully wrong, which they might be, and you get somebody who can pull two hundred and seventy electoral votes by Tuesday close of business.
Speaker 4: I just don't know if that's going to happen.
Speaker 3: CNN kicked off a conservative commentator last night and have said that he is banned from the channel for life because of these comments. It was a contentious back and forth on Newsnight last night. A former host f MSNBC, a guy named Mechti Hassan, says he's used to being called an anti Semite because he supports Palestinians, and commentator Ryan Gerdusky then jumped in and he said.
Speaker 6: But if you don't want to be cooled Nazis, stop.
Speaker 2: Table and people no by me.
Speaker 4: I never close you answer Semite. I mean, I'm not saying her saying I don't. I'm a sport of the Palestinians.
Speaker 2: I'm used to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I hope your beaper doesn't go off.
Speaker 1: I hope you're often any of bad content.
Speaker 3: So the comment then prompted a media backlash from everybody else on the panel. He quickly apologized for misunderstanding the comments, but everybody else told him that his apology wasn't enough.
Speaker 4: They escorted him off the set.
Speaker 3: At the commercial break, CNN came out with the statement and said that he is banned for life from ever appearing on the channel again because he said, I hope your beeper doesn't go off.
Speaker 1: Where is Ivanka Trump? She's been surfing, She's posed in front of the Eiffel Tower, she went to a Formula one party in Miami.
Speaker 4: Posting a workout video last week.
Speaker 1: She's hung out with their kids in the hot tub, Kim Kardashian and Malibu, gone to the Acropolis. But she has not been on the campaign trail. It's very mysterious. During his last two bids for office, she was at rally, she was on TV ads, she was on the convention stage, she was on the talk shows.
Speaker 4: Maybe she got tired of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure she did. Who has a stomach for politics? I mean, I can see you having a stomach for politics a little bit, maybe the first run, but after a while, eh, no, thanks.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that they are just in their forties, yeah, Ivanka forty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He said that Ivanka made the decision when she left Washington that she was closing that chapter of her life, and she's been remarkably consistent and said that whatever happens on November fifth really won't change very much for their family. Jared says, obviously the world is different for us over the next four years if her father is president, but that he doesn't see any sort of major shift in terms of what we prioritize.
Speaker 1: Look about six story, Oh you dis missed it. Fernando Valenzuela mural and oil house.
Speaker 4: It's done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty crazy, georgeous.
Speaker 4: Good timing too. I wonder if they'll have it done before.
Speaker 1: They're going to be done before his birthday, which is Friday, November one.
Speaker 3: That'd be significant significant day. Don't forget Tasty Tuesdays coming up next.
Speaker 1: Gary and Shannon will don't forget. I did not forget. I did you forgot? Why are you trying to pick a fight.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We have things to fight about. You don't need to make one up.
Speaker 4: Like those shoes.
Speaker 1: You don't like these shoes.
Speaker 4: I didn't say that. I just said I was just saying.
Speaker 1: That these are fun shoes. You're riding a horse, riding your horse.
Speaker 4: If you're riding a horse. Well, we had a couple of weird talkbacks. You know, they get weirder every day, but this is one.
Speaker 3: Didn't we hear all these crow stories yesterday? Period?
Speaker 5: Why are we doing it again?
Speaker 2: Question mark?
Speaker 4: Did we question Mark talk about crows at all yesterday?
Speaker 1: Question Mark? No, No, question Mark no. Period. We did not period.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought, Periodiger and Shannon.
Speaker 2: Not only are you guys my heroes, You're the butter on my popcorn, the jelly on my PB and J and the wind beneath my wings. I love you guys. Have a great week.
Speaker 1: That uncrustable story, by the way, that was in the New York Times about the NFL runs on uncrustables totally true. I had one on Sunday. It was delicious, and you left one in your bag. There's two different sides. Yeah, I did part of it. Yeah, there's two different sizes though. There's a six hundred calorie one and then there's a three hundred calorie one. Remember a couple of years ago, Daniel and Matt would eat like three of these things on the plane trips or whatever, because they're five years old. And one of them looked at the packaging at one point was like, these are six hundred calories each and.
Speaker 4: They couldn't figure it out.
Speaker 1: They thought they were eating the three hundred calorie ones.
Speaker 3: I think Gary was saying that those shoes make your butt look too big.
Speaker 4: I think that's what he was translated as saying, what it's anything?
Speaker 1: Uh huh, Hey, Keana is it's a lot on those shoes. What did the daddy Peanut say that made his kids cry? I don't know what. Don't worry, kids, I'll be back in a jiff I thought that was pretty good.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Michael sent that to us.
Speaker 4: It's you know why it's so good. It's because he didn't say jiffy.
Speaker 1: And we were just talking about peanut butter and jelly.
Speaker 3: Yes, it all works, it comes comes together. Didn't you guys talk about peanut butter and jelly yesterday? Period mark question mark Ye.
Speaker 4: It was an interrogative.
Speaker 3: Neil Savadre has joined us, Hey gang most of the four report on Saturday's right here in campas well.
Speaker 1: We spent a lot of time, Neil talking with you about meats. What But today it's different because we're not talking about meats.
Speaker 4: What are we talking about.
Speaker 1: We're talking about vegan diets and how they could help you turn back the clock and you don't have to do it forever eight weeks.
Speaker 3: The hardest part is catching them, right. They're you know, often very pale and thin. You're gonna look for them in the shady places. Yeah, yea, often under soy trees, right, is that not a fact?
Speaker 4: Listen? They can't run very fast in broken stocks and crocs.
Speaker 1: Barbara Ferrara, isn't even a whole meal.
Speaker 4: O leg bones. Come on, that's somebody's that's awful.
Speaker 3: MoU So this big thing is kind of garbage e because really there's this is study loosely, I'm not a doctor, by the way, uh that if you do a vegan diet for eight weeks, the diet can help you turn back the clock. And there's ways of measuring this this DNA methylation that's the source. That's what they do to kind of see how you're aging or where your age point is. And they're saying that in this case, they used identical twins and they would feed one one diet and the other the other diet and then they take the measurement of their DNA in this case. But really the it's and yes, you're going to get this from this particular diet because they're looking for certain specific nutrients. But to me, you could get these nutrients in other ways too that you know, that could involve milk, let's say, or cheese or things like that. So I don't like when they force certain things on you. And the reality is in this article even mentions it. The reality is every doctor I've ever talked to, every nutritionist, every single dietitian, there is one way to eat that is the best way to eat, and that's the Mediterranean diet. Lagume's nuts fish as your protein, lean fish as your protein, every single one and every time I've studied it, it says if you eat that diet, it is naturally the best ingredients and nutrient mix that you can get in any culture like that is the standard. And I think that if you ate that way generally you wouldn't need to do eight weeks of vegan. But it is interesting that you know, I can clean myself for eight weeks and then go back to pizza.
Speaker 4: Parents just be a.
Speaker 1: Garbage I prefer the mix that Taco Bell will be rolling out on October thirty.
Speaker 4: First saw that list, did you?
Speaker 3: I did get a little walk through history.
Speaker 1: It's like calendar pape. Here is my eye, here in my eyes?
Speaker 4: Would you look at that?
Speaker 3: And you start going, I remember those?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so I do like a gordion. Oh yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Even though it means like little fat girl. Yeah, even though as long as you're saying that, it's ordering and they're not saying that to you when you walk out.
Speaker 1: The nineties, for me, though, were it was all about the Chiloopa.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the Chilupa.
Speaker 1: And there was another one that was Chiloopa adjacent and I can't remember the name of it, but anyway, they used to do the Chilupah three different ways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's another one that is just the thickness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thick and a little bit of crunch.
Speaker 3: A little toothy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I'm with you on all of that. But they're rolling out their greatest hits. So they've got the costadas of the sixties, the green green sauce burrito of the seventies, the mixing melt of the eighties, the Gordites Supreme from the nineties, and then the caramel apple impanada, which I like too, that was from the thousand one that really that came out hot like the sun, like the original pies from McDonald's, but really delicious. The one I remember from from Taco Bell that I never have seen since is the the dessert that they had, the cinnamon crispas, the original ones, not that weird puffy spiral one they did later. Yeah, the original tortillas. Yeah, I forgot what's the Jacob, what's the term for fried flower tortilla?
Speaker 4: In the dessert?
Speaker 3: Yeah with yes, the dusted with cinnamons, and it's basically flower tortilla. They think that people like me couldn't say the term bonelas well. I don't think they ever. Yeah, probably so crispas, but they yeah, but then they switched it to that really like kind of puffed rice with just not the same right, just not as tasty.
Speaker 4: I think they were probably too expensive.
Speaker 3: Well that might be I'm glad bank you mean, yeah, I think it was just cheaper to go the other way, as my guest, because they were awesome and I have never met anyone who didn't say those were the best things ever. Yeah, very very tasty. All right, we'll come back more of our tasty Tuesday with Nil Sevadra. Do you want to say that out loud?
Speaker 1: Oh? I was just going to say I really wanted chelupa.
Speaker 3: I don't think she knew she was saying it. I think she talks to herself a couple episodes this morning, so.
Speaker 1: All week really of where I think I'm saying it inside.
Speaker 3: You ever do that in the bathroom, You're talking to yourself and you go, you know what, I there might be other people in here. No, oh, I walk in there and talk to myself all the time.
Speaker 1: I don't need a mirror to talk to myself.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not looking at myself. That's weird. Yeah, that'd be weird just randomly.
Speaker 1: I do it in the car, but that's more of yelling, like if I'm upset about something about yourself. Maype sometimes ps from the USPS, anyone voting by mail needs to do it today. They say that that is their recommendation. Mail your ballot today to ensure it arrives on time.
Speaker 4: If you want it burned or you have to go to those other things.
Speaker 1: Did you know that ballot boxes had fire suppressions.
Speaker 3: I learned that today too.
Speaker 1: Well, we learned it yesterday. You must not have heard the show yesterday.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 1: You talked about it.
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 1: You miss a day, you miss a lot.
Speaker 4: I give us twenty minutes, will give you the world, Give me twenty minutes. I'll give you an hour.
Speaker 1: Remember today you listened to KFI. Do we cover everything that was?
Speaker 4: I think that was about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's Shannon Farren, He's Gary Hoffman.
Speaker 4: I'm Neil. We're doing tasty Tuesdays. Yes.
Speaker 3: Can I tell everybody to put something on their calendar? Please?
Speaker 4: Absolute? And it's not fact, it's not calendar right now.
Speaker 3: Hops in the Hills, which is you're going to be their Friday, even though the events Saturday, right.
Speaker 4: We're going to be their Friday to pregame.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I have the first ever forcin thanks grilling.
Speaker 1: What does that entail?
Speaker 3: I've partnered with the good folks at wild Fork Foods. Have you ever had a Wildcore from Mill?
Speaker 4: Have you ever been?
Speaker 2: You have?
Speaker 4: I think you have one up your way.
Speaker 3: But wild Fork Foods, if you've never heard of them, pretty damned amazing, great different foods wonderful proteins. Uh, they are frozen in you know, the freezing tech is very high nowadays, and so you can get killer cuts, you can get appetizers, you can get all kinds of things. So if you like the cook they've got great spices and ingredients. If you want a quick night, you want to be able to thaw out a fish very quickly, please.
Speaker 1: A great price on this smoke tag.
Speaker 3: Don't even get me started. So I've partnered with them. We're gonna do this forcing Thanks Grilling Saturday, November ninth. So I'll do the show live from the Wild Fork location in Laguna and gal It's on the corner of La Pause and Aliso Creek Row.
Speaker 1: And then you're gonna go watch Gary an adult male theater.
Speaker 3: No no, I don't open until the eighth. Oh this is the ninth. Wait where the show.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to correct the adult male theater no label I stuck on you.
Speaker 3: He's consumed that he's already he's okay with it, like he's just cost anymore.
Speaker 1: I added to it, I mail theater.
Speaker 3: Well, I can tie this into that because we'll include a demo of spatchcocking a turkey different. No, we're giving away a big Green egg Chef Allan Ramire is going to be out there, other folks.
Speaker 4: We're giving away a minimax big Green.
Speaker 6: Eggs apparently though this don't even get me started on that. But the ham, it's it's we'll be doing ham, will be doing turkey pound ham for twenty five bucks. Yeah, that's unheard of. Well no, I just heard it. You said it.
Speaker 1: Oh, they've got nice dinner rolls. I love a good dinner roll.
Speaker 3: You are gonna you are going to spend the whole day. And and you know what I love doing with this? I send it to friends as gifts cream and she take, like, somebody does me a kindness.
Speaker 1: I'll do a kindness. What do you need?
Speaker 3: Well, I was thinking of something I could actually like your shirt. No, I mean like Dean Sharp, for instance. He gave me a tip on something, and I give.
Speaker 1: You a price picks tip you want a price?
Speaker 4: I don't bet, but thank you?
Speaker 3: Uh? And so I sent them to him some friends of mine out in Orange County, uh where it did me a kindness. I sent them different things.
Speaker 1: But Garry, what is it? What is a kindness? What is a kindness?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Scraping the corns off of his feete.
Speaker 1: I'll I'll get in there.
Speaker 3: My feet are pretty soft. My wife does treatments your feet. Yeah, we take She takes care of and make sure that I'm Yeah, I want I don't like you know, I want them to be man feet, but I want to also be soft soft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want things growing in there.
Speaker 4: No, do you go to I have.
Speaker 3: My lady walked to school until the eighth grade with no shoes on.
Speaker 1: Right, you got soft, dude.
Speaker 3: My second grade he had shoes, He had shoes. No, I'm saying, if you're walking barefoot for that long, shoes appear on your feet.
Speaker 4: At that point, it looked like.
Speaker 1: I bet you have like baby feet.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Baby move like a baby. I don't see you being a big foot person, like doing stuff with your feet. My husband's a barefoot person. He goes outside all the time barefoot. Doesn't even like shoes.
Speaker 4: Barefoot.
Speaker 3: Max doesn't like shoes either. And I grew up without shoes. My dad would get pissed because he didn't want us to look like poor Mexican kids running around without shoes. But I wasn't didn't care about But now they're soft. Well, I try and take care of them. They got scars on them. I actually dropped a food process or blade on them once, straight to the bone.
Speaker 1: Jesus, that is awful.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was horrible.
Speaker 4: It was horrible.
Speaker 3: And my wife was on her way getting ready to go to ballet, and that's her. You know, like, you don't mess with that when you when you're focused, you don't want people messing with you. So I'm like, hey, honey, could you bring me an ace bandage and a couple of you know, gauze. I wrapped it up, maybe a new foote and my big toe it's under the oven.
Speaker 1: Do you have a scar?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh, I got a massive scar on that. Don't show me that. Why you want to see the scar on his foot? A little bet? Okay, you'll see the butterfly tattoo on his ankle?
Speaker 1: You do not?
Speaker 4: Why do you know that? I don't.
Speaker 3: I do have one tattoo on my ankle, but it's not a butter.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: My mom?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Okay, too easy?
Speaker 4: I mean not that your mom.
Speaker 1: You're going to hear from her about that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't like me already, I know. Yeah, So it's not like I'm gonna I'm not. I'm not losing points.
Speaker 1: It's only because she likes scary so much.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, I have no problem with somebody liking showing mayonnaise have their own relations. Mayonnaise can be good for you, especially the avocado kind. Avocado mayonnaise. Yes, you're that, Oh, pe guacamle avocado mayonnaise.
Speaker 4: You've never had that.
Speaker 1: No, it tastes like avocado mayonnaise.
Speaker 3: It tastes like mayonnaise. Yeah, avocado is pretty neutral.
Speaker 1: It's a healthy mayonnaise. I don't like olive oil avocado. Hold on the best foods you're fat that are making the problem's label. I'm not buying it.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap