Speaker 1: There are moments in human history where civilization takes a step forward. The discovery of fire, the moon landing, the invention of the Internet, and now power Slap. I am not exaggerating when I say this. I genuinely believe future generations will study this era as the moment competitive athletics reached its purest possible form. Because power Slap strips away every unnecessary layer, what remains is the essence of human competition, courage, precision, focus, impact and destiny. Other sports orbit around greatness. Power Slap directly walks into it with complete confidence. You can feel that the second it starts. This atmosphere is spiritual. Two competitors standing across from one another, like modern gladiators, carrying the weight of human evolution on their shoulders. The tension is undescribable. The stakes are mythological. Every strike, every strike lands with this with the significance of a historical event. I couldn't do that one. I've watched championship fights, I've watched championship games, I've watched Olympic moments that defined generations. Nothing, and I mean nothing, compares to the emotional gravity and importance of elite power Slap. Competition. This is not spectacle or entertainment. This is the next phase of human life. You watch long enough and you start realizing power slap is operating on a completely different level of psychology, physicality, and philosophy. It demands a level of composure in a resolve that makes most traditional athletes look almost unprepared for human for the future of human competition. People laugh at revolutionary ideas at first. They laughed at the automobile, they laughed at the rocket, they laughed at the Internet. But no one is laughing now, And one day we're going to look back and say, how did we not realize sooner that power slap was the inevitable endpoint of modern athletics and human evolution. To yourself a favor, witness power slap now before the rest of the world catches up, because this isn't just the hottest new sport on the planet. This is the future of human achievement. This is power slap.
Speaker 2: Always like a fool, chaos and you safely.
Speaker 1: Lost. Chris Stream and Me and peppal attacks calling power slap video specifically women knocking each other out, and Colin's like, don't send me this. That's why I think it's so using. It's like, I hate this, I don't I wish this didn't exist. Uh, but welcome back to the powers. Like if if Power Slap was a podcast, power Slap is to sports as Cuff's Basement is to podcasting. Welcome really, Welcome back to the Stone Cult podcast with hosted by Andrew Kelly woh guest starring Ryan and his friend Tim.
Speaker 2: Up and right in the basement heat.
Speaker 3: We got it.
Speaker 1: That's goddamn right. So where we left off as they were rejoining at their wonderful biker Fortress. So Ryan, why don't you describe the biker fortress because you seemed amused by it.
Speaker 3: This is when this movie was going to next level. They arrive at what looks at first like apocalypse fortress shack, and there's just a bunch of bikers just hanging out, laughing at each other. There's just bizarrely these women showers in the middle of the front yard, just women naked showering, And just the most insane thing I think I've ever seen is in the middle of this montage, they just show a kid pushing a stroller, just walking right across the screen, and I was like, and he's not like dressed as like one of the bikers, nor does the stroll like it's part of the biker So I was like, this kid just ended up in the wrong neighborhood and was just like cutting through. It was the most random. I was like, what I legit rewound it. I was like, what is this kid doing here? Like it made no sense.
Speaker 1: And the the Walking Dead like when society has failed. They at some point they come across a prison that like survivors have taken over because it's a good spot to defend from the zombie apocalypse. That's what this is. But it's just like they legitimately have it surrounded in barbed wire with guard towers, and there are bikers standing sniper guard with guns. Where are the cops? You can you can't, you can't do this. You can't do it, And like all of these men are psychopaths. They're drunk. They're shooting and fighting each other and stabbing each other. But they're disgusting. They're fat, hairy bikers, ugly beards, and there's just a group shower in the middle of the yard of all playboy play mates. Like these women are gorgeous and they're not like biker chicks. They're like, you know, like I said last episode, Miss April nineteen eighty nine, what are you doing there? Where is your dad? Like what was your upbringing?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What is wrong with you? I'm just gonna share. He's in the Brotherhood. I'm just gonna shower here in front of everyone.
Speaker 2: I think it's a loyal environment. It's like, you know, a family environment. People feel safe there. Chains has built a culture of family and our color still run.
Speaker 3: Are you Are you hiring for the Brotherhood? Yes?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't think. I can't remember what branch of the military, but there was a branch of the service that adopted the slogan from this movie God Forgives. The Brotherhood doesn't. But then but then they internally they were like, this is based on a neo Nazi biker gang. Let's let's not do this. But they are. They're Nazis. There's Nazi flags with Swatsika's everywhere, so it's more like the Arian Brotherhood. And in this hangout, Ice again says I don't trust to one. I think he's a cop, and I wrote ice equals correct. Uh, And we see Max's dad from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Yeah, he's just the sketchiest person on earth, so it's it's just natural to cast him as a biker. But he's one of the members of the gang and they're watching a bit. Oh sorry, go ahead, Ryan.
Speaker 3: He's also one year, I think one year later in the Red Triangle Gang in Batman Returns a Baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I completely forgot about that. Uh sorry. Stone shows up to the compound, has a gift for Chains and Andrew, what is the gift? Same thing I got you as your best man.
Speaker 2: Gift, by the way, bulletproof vest.
Speaker 1: God damn right. And then what is how does Chains receive it? What does he do?
Speaker 2: Chains? You know, Chains is a jovial guy. He's laughing, just having fun. He says, put on the vest. Put on the vest. Stone, Stone puts it on, and Chain shoots him and the boss goes flying back over table. And then this is this is probably my favorite part, is when the boss takes takes Chains and says, don't play games with me, Chains, because Stone is clearly playing games with him. So it's a little bit calling the tea kettle whatever.
Speaker 1: I understand the peacocking of trying to join a gang, and be a bad ass. But you like you can. You know, Slim Charles is a badass in the wire. He's not gonna go up and like punch Evan on the face to show how coffee is. That's just a bad idea. So I don't think Joe really knows what he's doing here. But you did text me don't ever mess with me. Changed, So I wanted you to describe that scene. But I did appreciate the realism of him being shot with the bulletproof vest because a lot of movies it's like you're getting shot with a paintball gun if you wear a bulletproof vest but this movie is like, no, you get rocked if you get shot with a bulletproof vest on, which is realistic.
Speaker 3: Plus, this entire has set up that anytime a person falls or is punched, you're getting rocketed back sixty plus feet easily. Yes, doesn't matter what it is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And change is basically like, so this guy Whip is the he's run Is he running for governor?
Speaker 3: Or?
Speaker 1: Is he? Is he the governor?
Speaker 3: I believe he is the governor, right, That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Whip wants to this biker that got forty five years in prison for murdering a priest baptizing a baby. He I can't believe I said that sentence. He they're like, we gotta kill. They're basically indicating like, oh, we gotta kill Whip. So Chang is like, you know what, man to Stone, I really like you. I want you to be in the gang. We're gonna kill. This is the governor of this of Mississippi. And then Joe says, Joe is Johnstone, Joel Huff, Brian Bosworth. Joe says, what's in it for me? Which is a very fair question, And do you remember the answer?
Speaker 3: Colors?
Speaker 2: Yeah, colors, colors.
Speaker 1: Man, colors man. The jacket of the gang.
Speaker 2: Is why the loyalty of the gang.
Speaker 1: The jacket of the gang has an SS logo on it. Another yikes, and Chain says, if these colors hit the ground, even in a fight, I will peel your skin off with a knife. Knife dipped and shit, great line.
Speaker 3: That maybe you laught so hard. It was just so yeah.
Speaker 1: And I thought I really would love a scene of like Stone is leaving somewhere and he just falls off his motorcycle, looks like a big idiot, just stand out so badly.
Speaker 2: Uh, dunking it off afraid of Shade seeing it.
Speaker 1: He can't he can't even ride one. All right, Well, I just I just asked for Ryan's permission. I'm gonna I want Ryan to tell the story of when Ryan which I was totally against this because Paul talked about this too for a while, of like getting a motorcycle, and as total I just think motorcycles are I worked in insurance. Motorcycles are stupidly dangerous and I've gotten in arguments to people about it, and it's there's nothing to do with the motorcycle rider. Because I handled a claim where the motorcycle rider was one hundred percent in the right. They were not speeding, they were wearing a helmet, they have the right of way, they're being super safe. Motorcycle guy was zero percent in the wrong and a car darted out in front of him. If he was in a car at the motorcycle rider, he would have been fine, but he ended up because this dumb ass cut in front of him. He lost his leg and he was like twenty five years old. So it has nothing to do with how good of a motorcycle rider you are. People are stupid and you're just putting your life at unnecessary risk. But Ryan decided this is a real story by the way, that he was gonna get his motorcycle license. So Ryan, I will let you take it from here.
Speaker 3: Sure. Yeah. So there was a training class based in Framingham. When you finished the class and you can get your license, they actually will test you that day. It's like Bounty Hunter School and King of the Hill. So I did the training class and test and completely butchered it. I could not, for the life of me think about it now and still can't wrap my head around it. The controls of the bike in terms of handling, throttle, everything could knock get my head around it. And everybody else in this class clearly had been riding for sometime. So I think I fell over on the bike maybe four times, and it's very heavy, just the heads up. So uh, they were like okay, And the guy was an absolute saint, and he was just like he's like hey man, He's like hey, you know, it's like I just don't think this is going to work. And I was like, oh, yeah, you're right. He's like, yeah, I don't. I don't think you should ever do this.
Speaker 1: And I was like, don't don't ever ride a motorcycle. We don't want to give you a license.
Speaker 3: And you know, I was like, I was like, that's I said. I'm learning that lesson the hard way. He's like, yeah, what are you gonna do? No worries. They very nicely do the credit. Didn't have to do this, but gave me my money.
Speaker 1: Back, which was they could.
Speaker 3: Have been like, you wasted your own time, it's your own fault. They very kindly called me after, okay, we'll give your money back. They probably were more like, just don't get on the bike. We'll give your money back. Just on a bike.
Speaker 2: But uh, lesson learned and spurred you to do it.
Speaker 1: Like what did you just know?
Speaker 3: It was twenty It was summer of twenty eighteen or seventeen. I had heard about it and I was like, oh, something I always wanted to do. My dad rode one when he was younger and then got one in like his mid forties and then rode for like ten years. So I was like, okay, why not? And then I don't know what. I just saw the class. The class was I think it was only like three hundred bucks. It wasn't bad, so I was like, Okay, getting the permit is literally just like a written test, like you would like a like a regular license test. Once you were a permit, by the way, you can ride on your own.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's like I was like, oh, this must not be meeting, like, this must not be that hard, right, there's gonna let you do it. So yeah, which was probably the obviously the wrong lesson to learn there, but yeah, I don't know, I think about that. I don't know why. It was like, oh, it should be cool to do and the class and only a weekend, so it was like a huge commitment. And that was of course completely not thinking about, yes, you should be riding and practicing on your own, like oh, they'll teach me to ride and I'll be fine. They'll give you a license in five hours. Yeah. Yeah, so that's an idiocy and haven't Yeah.
Speaker 2: My dad did it too, like he was practicing in the backyard, like and I remember like he was trying to get a permit or so he was practicing and the bike kept he kept like falling over, and I remember like I would go out and like help lift the bike, and I was like, why are you doing this? I don't remember it was like I want to I want to learn how to do it. And I was like, okay, likes heavy. Yeah he learned. Yeah, I think he got the I think he got the permit, not the license. And Rent said like, I think you can ride with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so but it was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like all the time riding after that, just like recreational.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's it. I just yeah, sorry, I think it's idiotic. Also, if you think Sons of Anarchy, maybe not, I don't want to say it's a bad show because I love the cast of Sons of Anarchy. There's a lot of really good actors in it. If you think Sons of Anarchy is cool, like the Gang is cool, Jacks is cool. You ever had like a Sons of Belichick shirt? You are a loser. Loser I talk about WAF people like WAF people would love Sons of Anarchy. You are a complete I remember I was like, I heard this show is really great. There's lots of great actors in it. I watched the first episode and there's a scene where some random dude just gets on Jackson's bike in the parking lot. It's like, oh, look, I'm on this boy to his girlfriend and then Jackson's like, don't ever sit in another man's bike, and I thought, I'm never gonna watch this again. That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Anyways, that was.
Speaker 3: You doing that. You were the guy in the bike. That is you? That is you.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: So after Joe.
Speaker 3: Like, what is anybody from this movie in Sons of Anarchy?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Then they made a huge mistake like what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I don't think so. It's kind of it's kind of too big of a gap really. I mean, like Ron Pearlman is old, but everybody in Sons of Anarchy is kind of one of the dudes that I think is in Sons of Anarchy that was in Brave Heart, is in the new season of House of the Dragon, that like Scottish guy that has a scar in his face. You'd recognize him Ryan.
Speaker 3: Yes he was. Yes, he's ind a lot of stuff. Actually, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Think I was gonna say, do you think this is like one of the worst gangs you could join? Spiker gang like in like, I don't know that Ax cult. That's more of a cult from Cobra. I don't want to join that either. But this is like a gang I don't like.
Speaker 1: You know, if you want to get really intense, there's you know, liberation armies in like the Congo where they make you, they give you a gun, they make you like kill a kid. I mean, sure, I'd rather do this biker gang. But but no, this biker gang is terrible.
Speaker 3: They lost their spirit. They originally were about one thing and now they're about another. The Axe Cult just seemed to like to cheer around fire, so they probably would be a little bit easier to get into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot about Yeah what I'd rather be in the biker gang and the Axe Cult. They were in Cobra where they were too serious. They didn't party. They're more about like Satan than anything.
Speaker 3: Do anything like the one him they ever showed them. They were just all running in a circle, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chanting around fire is the way you described that. This fucking genius so Stone, after he falls off his motorcycle, he gets up and he starts acting all tough, and I realized he just pissed his pants, but he just plays it off like it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: That's the story of me riding.
Speaker 1: We'll see you the embarrassed embarrassment.
Speaker 2: Do you think the motorcycle it looks like Stone's riding a tricycle. To me, he's way too big. He's just so big for the Blake, It's like he's little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's jacked.
Speaker 3: That might have been I think. So.
Speaker 1: I actually this movie happened in real life and I googled it and it happened in real life after the movie came out. So there's a famous story. It's a book called Under and Alone, and it's about an actual ATF agent named William Queen who infiltrated the Mongols Motorcycle Club. But this was in like nineteen ninety eight, so this actually happened but after and it had a better end result. But the next party they did in real life. So in real life they suspected this guy, William Queen, was a cop, so they asked him to kill a guy and they the ATF, the government staged it so it actually looked like he did kill the guy, which is like sod was the government? Like where agents? Like, what do we do? Somebody's like I know just what to do and they just pop in a VHS of Stone Gold.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but we should do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, they just ship off the guy and they don't supervise him for like a period of time. It's just like we're gonna sending a plane and yeah, just please don't come back.
Speaker 1: Well, so so change to explain to the listeners, Chains tells Joe or Stone as a test, we need you to kill a guy and you'll recognize him because he has a spider web tattoo on his ear. I really enjoyed the way Stone goes about confronting him in a club. And this this dude, he's a biker kind of he's like a drug dealer. He might be, I don't know, but he's gross. He looks like a rat and he has long, greasy hair, and he's like coked up in a club and he's with his girlfriend, who is beautiful. Of course, of course he's just a tent. She's like Denise and Roadhouse, who's the most beautiful woman of all time. But do you remember like how this goes down in the club when he confronts the spiderweb bear tattoo guy.
Speaker 3: He's like, people are like celebrating because the guy did a good job dancing in the club, and then he gets over insists of the bar next or he stands at the bar next to Stone and so I'm like, man, that was really like incredible, like you did an amazing job, Like you're so good at this. And then the guy realized that Stone is messing with him, so he's like, what's this all about? Man, He's like, should take about and he's like okay, and then Stone just crushes his head to the bar like three times. This guy is also the guy he's doing this too, is not large. So he just murdered.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: He just murdered this guy. There's no way he survived this. And the guy is just like, oh, come on man, and then they just he just carries them out unconscious and he's like, hey, everyone, nothing to see here, and he just like walks right out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Stone looks really good in the club. You know, he had his he had his hair done, he had his club look. You know that was yeah, Stone Stone giving it to the the people.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's call a spade a spade. He's he's an attractive Man's.
Speaker 3: Stone hot, not Stone cold?
Speaker 1: Oh Ryan? And yeah. Yeah. So basically they're like the the FBI just takes this man and ships him away and then they cut an ear off of a corpse and they bring it to a tattoo plar parlor and somebody tattoos is spider web on it and then Stone just comes back and throws the ear at them as like here you go, and Chane says, basically, I told you to Ice, like Stone's legit, I still doesn't believe him. Next, there is a member of the gang named Tool. They'll notice a theme with these just really short, simple noun names. And the Italian Mafia is a rival of this biker gang and they essentially blow up Tool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is there any way to describe it other than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, The biker gang is collecting on the mafia's block and the Mafia is like, please stop doing this, So they throw a grenade, the Mafia grenade in broad daylight at Tool and blow them up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Afterwards, Tool obviously almost dies. He should be dead, but he's like horribly disfigured his face. Yeah, yeah, you got like limbs blown off. He's in the hospital and gotta say, the brotherhood they show up for Tool in this moment. They all go to the hospital and Tools like, you know, I want to die, please kill me, and Chains points out your Penis was not injured, like legitimately, it's like that's you know, not all is lost. And then they give him Jack Daniels, a pizza and a woman like forcefully as property. So that's not good, but uh they still you know, it's a nice gesture for your injured friend, Cuffs.
Speaker 2: If you're ever going through something, Cuff like, I can show up and give you that same speech.
Speaker 1: If you show up in my hospital then with Jamison, pizza and a hot prostitute. I'm like, I'd be like, thank you, Andy, I mean what else? What else is there to say?
Speaker 3: And Andy's saying what Shane says to that woman and would be unbelievable to hear.
Speaker 1: Oh, then this is this if I was in the FBI here so as revenge. This the guy who blew up tools named Dmiti. So the other Italian mobsters are at dinner and Chains and Stone show up with a gift and it's Dmiti's severed head. So it's like, hey, Stone, so report back on your mission. Yeah it went good today. So we were like, we showed up, we talked to the Italian mob We had Dumiti's severed head in a box, and we gave it to him. Wait a minute, what you were physically carrying a severed head today? It's like, yeah, undercover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had no clue. Yeah, I just didn't know. So you're in this case and you're not paying attention. That's good. Uh.
Speaker 1: And the and the Italian mob is so intimidated by this that they're just like, okay, we'll be cool now. I didn't really get that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think that it was the idea of like we were we're already insane. We will go far than you will go. Like you think you're upping the ante. You can't. Again, we're we're thinking about this more than the writers are. But I think it's kind of how the visual was going.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this was when they introduced the PTO P deal.
Speaker 1: So what the fuck is P twop? Why are they calling it that.
Speaker 3: It's a newer it's a better version of PSP? I don't know. Is it one of those yes system?
Speaker 1: Is that just like one of those drugs that people, Oh it is P two P math is a highly potent synthetic form of math pedal to propa, known meth amphetamine. Okay, it's math, Okay, good.
Speaker 2: To know yeah, you gotta know these things cuff.
Speaker 1: Sorry sorry, I mean I'm not as tight with ice as you are. And uh, the the the governor whip is like the brotherhood this biker getting is out of control. They're you know, they're having you know, explosions with the Italian mafia in the street. So I'm gonna call in the National Guard. So Change's response is to kidnap and murder two National guardsmen in cold blood. And I wrote there'd be a lot of heat on Chains for this. Have you kidnapped a member two members of the military while they are serving in uniform and murder them.
Speaker 3: It's it's just like this is where it's like, Okay, this whole thing is not gonna go well, it's just like this is not gonna This is where they's not losing.
Speaker 2: Like Chains knows what he's doing, guys.
Speaker 3: I mean, based on the ending, it's kind of like he kind of did it kind of did And also I think maybe he thought he would be ruler of the Earth. By the way of ending, it just seemed kind of weird. But this is when this is when Gut is like, hey, man, like that's not what this is about. Like those guys had nothing to do with this. And then also, we haven't talked about her since because like, like and he said, a lot of the characters just vanished for a while and don't really come back until they're needed. But uh uh, his girlfriend, Nancy, who he called cockroach earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this girlfriend, she's like, this is too.
Speaker 3: Far for us, Like, we don't do this, like just killing innocent guys and.
Speaker 1: Says, yeah. Gut's like, I'm all down for this gang, but I don't want to kidnap and murder in cold blood two members of the military just doing their duty exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So he's like, I'm gonna leave. So he's like, get on your bike and leave and start your bike. And then Chains puts guts hand through the bike wheel spokes and lose his fingers, and I was like, oh no.
Speaker 1: He says, God forgives, but the Brotherhood doesn't. That's what what Joe says in response to Gut getting his fingers chopped off by his motorcycle, which you can never ride a motorcycle again if you don't have fingers, right, that's it up. That's that's messed up.
Speaker 3: But we also actually even before that happens, the soldiers. Ice before that is like, hey, chains mine, which maybe makes sense because he kills the soldiers after it, but he's like, you are not listening to me. This guy is a cop. There's just no other everything here is a cop. He is a cop. And Chang's like, you're crazy, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like h sorry, Ice like yeah, please please, I've been telling you this entire movie. He is obviously a cop, obviously, and uh, there's a point where what is he doing He's getting lunched with Nancy, right or does he like like Stone kisses Nancy and is like why don't you run away with me? Or something?
Speaker 3: Right? Yes, because I think after they killed the military, she's kind of standing on a round because she's like, oh, this is escalated too much for me. He comes back from one of his disappearances and he's like what are you doing and she's like, I don't know. That's when they kiss random, Like.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't get I don't get his attraction to her or her one eighty at all because the first half of the movie, and she explains her backstory, she was like a run a teen runaway who was taken in by a meth adult biker gang passed around like a doobie. I mean, she must have had sex with every member of this game, and now she's like a totally rational, well adjusted person who's like, you know what, Ever, since we killed those National guardsmen, like I realize this is not good, I think. And then Stone is also like, you know, I guess he's just doing it for the for the mission quote unquote, like, uh Andy had a fucking killer line he texted me. Listening to the pod you going to knockouts by accident? Is Richard Gear asking her prostitute just for directions and pretty woman? So Stone kissing Nancy just for the mission is kind of the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what does Chane says? He says that Stone, He's like, he'll either be the biggest pork chop I've ever eaten or my bulldozer. What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Like, I can't tell you.
Speaker 3: If he betrays me, I will horribly kill him, or if he is what he has been showing me he is, he'll be like my number two forever, my earner.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh I forgot to I forgot to mention this earlier. Chains calls a connection he as of the police which he would have one like that's very normal for a gang to have a corrupt cop. And you're just like, hey, is this guy Johnstone a cop? Here's a picture of him. And they're like, yeah, we'll get back to you in a day or two. And then in a day or two we haven't gotten here yet. They call back and they're like, yeah, he's a cop. So it wasn't really that hard.
Speaker 2: But they're like proceeding with this like meth deal with the Italians, Like, maybe you should get that information back before you do anything further.
Speaker 1: So he's getting like he's had a diner or something with Nancy Stone. He's like, hey, I gotta go for a while, but I can't tell you what I'm doing, but I'll be back later. And he goes and meets up with Lance, and who sees him talking to Lance Ice? Ice Ice, Ice Baby. So Ice knows I was correct this entire time.
Speaker 2: And he loves it. He loves it, He loves.
Speaker 1: It, And and the ensuing chaos, Ice immediately kills several cops. Yeah, blows up a car with the machine gun, which was amazing. There's like a long motorcycle chase between Stone and Ice and I wanted to talk about the end result, but any thoughts on the chase itself or any color to add there?
Speaker 2: Best in peace?
Speaker 3: Ice?
Speaker 1: Well, I honestly love everything about Ice. He was right this entire time. Ice is the last words he gets in a horrible accident and he's dying, He's covered in burns and blood, and Stone walks up to him, and Ice is the strength for one last quick sentence and his what he says is fuck you cop. Yeah. Ice was right.
Speaker 3: Ice was right.
Speaker 1: Uh So Nancy is back in Chains's bedroom, gets a call from the cop and I was like, oh, yeah, Johnstone is a cop. His name is Joe Hop. He lives in Alabama. This is what he looks like. This is his address. It was very easy to find out.
Speaker 2: Yeah's undercover kick.
Speaker 1: Paste up. Yeah, hey, I found a badge in your pocket that says Joe Hoff on it.
Speaker 3: Oh I took it from a cop. I beat him up and took it.
Speaker 1: You see why does he have your picture on it? Do you see that? Nancy is hesitating, like what do I do here? My next note is I fucking love ICE's funeral, Love Ice Viking funeral for Ice. Ryan. I'm sorry, Andy, please describe ICE's funeral.
Speaker 2: So they get ICE's body somehow, I like did a double tick. I was like what. So they get his body and they position it on a motorcycle and then everyone just kind of drinks and then what do they set it on fire? They explode the body.
Speaker 1: Yes, like a fighting funeral.
Speaker 3: They spray it with like gas whatever, and then they throw.
Speaker 2: But they're just partying to like a taxidermy version of their friend.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think taxidermyt is even optimistic. I think that they just got his corpse. They propped it up on a motorcycle in the middle of their fortress yard and they're all just doing meth and drinking and shooting guns. And then they light his corpse on fire. Awesome, fiking funeral. I have a note, Ryan, what have you visited Andy alone in San Diego and he said like, Hey, my friend is having a party. If you want to go, And you're like, yeah, great, And you show up and it's ICE's funeral.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 2: What your Yeah.
Speaker 3: You can't leave. That's number one. If you leave, then you know something's up. Hey, this guy signed up for this.
Speaker 1: That's my theory, and it's it's revealed shortly after this that Gut is still in the gang. The guy whose fingers they chopped off is still in the gang.
Speaker 3: Poor Gut nowhere to go.
Speaker 1: And uh, Nancy knows he's a cop, and they and Joe Cold Johnston Cold. Yikes, John Stone, I'm mixing this out, John Stone, Joe Stone Cold. He's like, hey, I can't explain to you the backstory, but I have a mack truck of myth. Would you like would you like to buy a mack truck of meth? And Chains is like, you know what, I would like to buy a mack truck of myth. It's ready right now. So they do this deal and they go to a dock and there's an undercover FBI agent who starts haggling with with Stone about the price, and then Stone kills him. They staged the death, which again I'm really starting to think that the ATF was just like, no, we're good. We watched we watch Stone Cold in real life, same beats. So this this this FBI agent died quote unquote, but he was pretending to be a drug dealer, and the cops are supposed to follow the truck, but like, I didn't understand why this went so poorly? Chains basically takes a right turn instead of a left turn, and the cops are like, whoa, where did they go? What is going on? Like they are bewildered by this, and Joe's like.
Speaker 3: Somewhere else, That's why the deal was supposed to happen, somewhere else. And then Chain's derailed the deal.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Owns thought, this is my deal. Change and he's changed, and He's like, well, I have to change things up. And then Joe says, to some lady was sitting on his motorcycle during this conversation, he was get off my horse. I thought that was pretty bad ass calling it a horse. Yep, And he meets up with Lance and Lance is like, so wait a minute, so there's now a truckload of meth on the street, like we did. He gave also, why did they use real meth for this deal?
Speaker 3: That's when Lance realized that Stone is a bad cop, like he's bad at that job, like he's this is why he was suspended.
Speaker 1: And uh, Joe said, not only that, they just said they're implementing crack the whip, which means they're going to kill the governor whip. So he was like shit, and Joe says, I have to go back alone, and the FBI is like, okay, that makes sense. What Lance.
Speaker 3: Lance also makes the brilliant point again Stone when the deal goes sour and he's like to change, like what happened? And Chang's like, I gotta do what I gotta do. He just leaves. So if I'm changed, I'm like, yes, you are a cop, Like why did you just leave now? Like I know when you're mad at me, but like you're part of this gang, right, Like why do you just leave? So then when Lance goes back, Lance is like, well, now he thinks you're a cop. Like there's no way he doesn't you You just walked out of there and left after the deal went bad, like they definitely think you're a cop now. And so I's like, no, we're.
Speaker 1: Good, No, we're good. Don't worry about it. Man, He's so. Joe then follows Stone Johnstone, Joe Huff follows the truck of meth, shoots with like a handgun while on a motorcycle, shoots the trailer hitch and detaches it from the truck driving it, which is impossible. Then the truck of meth goes off into a gas station and explo.
Speaker 3: Loads huge explosion, huge.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's recap. We made a real truckload of meth before the FBI. We lost it and it's not on the street. It exploded. We also completely decimated like a city block and a gas station, and we arrested. We arrested zero people.
Speaker 3: Also, one of the culprits who the police were involved in the chase killed, their body vanished.
Speaker 1: And Joe was seen by the drivers shooting the truck of meth. And then he shows up at the biker Fortress the next day in the daytime and I'm like, what is he doing? Yeah, yeah, so he said. He said, They're like, hey, Joe, what's going on? Chains really wants to see you. Sorry, hey, John hay Stone, Change really wants to see you. And he's like okay. And then she Dane says betrayal as a bitch, And you think Nancy ratted him out, but Nancy actually never said he was a cop. And it's who is it that comes back from the dead somehow. I don't know where he came from. I thought he was in prison. It's the spider spider ear tattoo guy yep.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: So he's, like I told, he starts mocking Stone. I was like, this guy's obviously dead. So Chains instead of you know, cause like I thought, sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say I thought the girl routed him out. That's how closely I watched this movie. I thought, I wrote the notes that the girl basically told him that he was a cop. But no, it was it was a spider. Yeah, you're right. I remember him showing up and saying, whatever he thought, you got rid of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, perhaps it was their romantic connection. But you know in the Sopranos they talk about how whenever you don't get murdered like a James Bond, you nobody tells you their plan. It's like your friends come up to you smiling and then everything goes black and you're shot in the back of the head. So they should just immediately kill Stone in every way. But instead Chains turns and shoots Nancy to death. And I thought, for sure, oh, she's like wearing the bulletproof vest. There's gonna be a callback to that. Nope, she's dead. Nancy's just dead. Yeah, So so then they decide, you know what's Stone, because you know you're a rat and you're a cup. We're gonna keep you alive for this whole mission, and we're gonna bring you along as like a hostage, and we're gonna assign guys to watch you to make sure you don't escape, and you're gonna be there the whole time. And I'm like, why not kill him? Why kill Stone?
Speaker 2: I had to look up after the fact, like why is Stone alive on the helicopter?
Speaker 1: Like what's he doing?
Speaker 2: What happened? Like how is he not dead? Like I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I have just no idea.
Speaker 3: They were going to use him as like the bomb. They were going to drop him with the bomb attached onto the capitol.
Speaker 1: Why why this?
Speaker 3: I could not believe the movie went to this scale after like I'm not kidding you, Like I was like, holy shit, this is gigantic. I was like, and that's what I said. I think the ending plan is that Chains thought you'd become ruler of the known earth, Like that was like his plan, because like this, this plan is so insane. You would have so much military and like government and police on you. You could never follow through on this.
Speaker 1: Ever, Yeah I did. Well. I will say to give the movie a little bit of credit to be that the guy and Duck and Donut's arguing that The Patriot is a good film. So they changed does play Russian Roulette with Stone, and Stone survives the Russian Roulette. So James is like, all right, that's the universe telling me to keep you alive. And I do respect that they portray Stone is very afraid in this moment because he does think he's going to die, because why would he not. Yeah, then you know, Lance Hendrickson doesn't look like the Lence Hendrickson I know in this movie. He's he's like long, greasy hair, he is a beard, he looks like a biker. And then they cut to him looking like Lence Hendrickson, clean cut, clean shaven dress as a Catholic priest, and I thought, cannot wait to see where this is going.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I was like, this must have infuriated him to cut his hair. The change not change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he betray He's dedicated to crack the whip. So they they are going to their so basically, also, I kind of appreciated the the logic of this isn't just stupidity where they're like, let's have another trial where we re sentenced this guy, the guy who killed the priest who was sentenced to forty five years in jail whip. The governors trying to get him sentenced to death, so instead of just having another trial, because it like that would make no sense in real life, but you know, why would the movie care. They actually show that. It's like being appealed to the Supreme Court and it's guarded by bodyguards, metal detectors, and Chance just walks in there with like a fucking machine gun in his pocket. But they go, oh, father, you set the metal detector off. And he's like rosary beads and they're like, oh, yeah, that makes sense. Okay, So they Max's dad from It's Always Sunny. I don't know his character name. Do you know his character name?
Speaker 3: I don't know his character name. Yeah, he was like a former military god.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But he's like, you know, there's a guy that's actively in the army who's friends with Max dad because Max dad used to be in the army and I was in this motorcycle gang. So he goes to his buddy in the army and he's like, I know, you know, we're doing illegal shit. We're a gang, and you get that. But I'll kick you some money if you give us like a military hall helicopter and nine hundred guns. And then he's like, yeah, sure you. How how do you get to steal a military helicopter?
Speaker 2: Goose?
Speaker 1: That's good to know, ironic based on his death. So they so Goose steals a military helicopter, and they decide, just like James Bond, we are going to tie you up Stone in this helicopter. We have brought another person on the helicopter solely to watch you the entire time. And we're just doing this just to fuck with you and make you see all of this. And they're flying above the capital. What is it? Is it Jackson? Is it Jackson, Mississippi?
Speaker 2: That's the capital.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think they're in Jackson. They're flying over the courthouse and I'm like, just throw stone, just throw Stone out of the helicopter.
Speaker 2: They're in Alabama, right, No, think Mississippi.
Speaker 3: Alabama, but this is in Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, got it.
Speaker 1: And I'm the one drinking Andy, Just throw Stone out of the helicopter. What what are we doing? What are we doing? But he's still and the way he's tied up, he's doing a bolt double bicep. They tied them up in a double bicep pose, and I'm like, yeah, they're gay. They they are attracted to him. There's no other reason to do this. And he's so fucking muscular he bought. He flexes his biceps and snaps the row to the helicopter, freeing himself. And if you if you are in a helicopter and you decide to fight everyone on board, you are all dead. The helicopter is crashing. There's no scenario where this helicopter is not crashed. But they have so what I don't understand the plan of the bomb. What was the plan of the bomb? Because Chance is hoping to get out of there, right, I.
Speaker 3: Think it was meant to be a distraction to bomb, take the attention away and go from there. So I think that's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sort of like in Die Here with a Vengeance, they want to distract with the terrorist threat so they can steal they can rob the four the Federal Reserve exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, smart.
Speaker 1: Stone manages to Jesus Christ, Chucky Stone manages to get the bomb out of the helicopter, throws it out a helicopter.
Speaker 3: It explodes with the guy that's the guy who was on the helicopter with him. He explodes with the bomb. He puts it in the guy's shirt and kicks him off the helicopter and that guy is liquefied in mid air. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to say that from here on out, you may have thought that this movie's kind of ridiculous, but whatever. It's like it's like kind of typical stupid action movie. And I was almost a little disappointed, like, oh, I thought this would be more ridiculous from here on out. This is dialed up to about a twelve out of ten.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I almost was like, did someone else take over this movie? After he realized, wait a minute, this is not big enough, because I'm like, what is this from It's just so it just completely changes. It's so insane.
Speaker 1: I just don't think this would ever happen now, No.
Speaker 3: You would that even though shot just a helicopter, like being like ten feet off the street and going through a crowd of people, you would never see now you would never say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, because there's so much like the shootout in the courthouse, which we'll get to. There's just so much nowadays where i'd like terrorism, mass shootings. I mean this is ten years before nine to eleven. So yeah, and also like this does not have what I miss about movies like this. I could just enjoy them without it being tied to politics, where nowadays it's like if this came out, would would this be? Like I feel like everything now is like this is a mega movie and mega people love it, and I just don't want to deal with that. Can we just enjoy stupid action movies about dudes killing bad people without it being like politicized in any way?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you said, right, you said Citizen Vigilante was really good?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry? The U Bowl movie starring Army Hammer.
Speaker 3: I I have not seen that.
Speaker 1: No, No, that looks like the biggest piece of shit of all time. Uh you never talked a E Bowl? Yeah? Yeah, that guy. Do you know think he boxed a critic? Do you know about that?
Speaker 3: Remember that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Army Hammer?
Speaker 1: No. No, So there's this directory named I think it might be Yui Bowl? Is that how you say it?
Speaker 3: I called it? Is that how it said? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's Yu Bowl Yue Bowl. But he's a director and he's known as like the worst director of all time. He's made I don't know how he keeps getting work, but he's made some of the worst movies of all time. And he challenged a film critic to a like a charity boxing match, and they actually did it. This was like twenty years ago. But yeah, so this is maybe my favorite part of the movie. Chane's just sitting there as a priest in the trial and the Supreme Court decides, we are overturning the verdict. We are going to sentence this man to death, or we're overturning the sentence, not the verdict, and Chaans notices that the guy who was an FBI agent during the drug deal, who was killed on the dock, who was actually faking it and had like blood squibs under his chest. He sees that guy. So he realizes, oh shit, that guy didn't actually die, he was an FBI agent, and he's not pleased. I would say.
Speaker 3: It's the best acting in the entire movie. Like when that guy sits down and they just cut to Lancenrick's in his face. I just started laughing. He just looked so irate, he just looked so so bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So the first thing he does he pulled when he pulls out his gun is he says to that guy, this time is for real, asshole, and then just annihilates. That's all.
Speaker 2: The guns are huge in this last sequence, like no one has a normal sized weapons.
Speaker 3: Like space guns. They're insane with a.
Speaker 2: Flat it's like three feet each gun three feet long.
Speaker 1: And then Chains proceeds to kill everyone in the courtroom and all of the Supreme Court members kills them all.
Speaker 3: Like I said, planning to rule the earth after this. That has to be the plan.
Speaker 1: Oh, Like, like I can't even imagine. This is you know five stars in Grand Theft Auto when there's tanks and jets constantly coming after you no matter.
Speaker 3: What you do.
Speaker 1: And they show they show a truck like a like a Mac truck backs through a window in the courthouse and when they open the back of the doors, just motorcycles fly out. Dudes like a dozen dudes on a motorcycles fly out of the truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, motorcycle courthouse takeover.
Speaker 1: The motorcycle takeover. And I couldn't believe this. So the Governor Whip, this whole movie was based on. They want to kill the Governor Whip, Chane said, goes up to him and says, this makes me think of my father's last words, don't son that gun is loaded, which is a pretty good line, and then he actually kills Whip. Yeah, so Whip dies. Everybody in court dies, the Supreme Court dies, and you're.
Speaker 2: Surprised by Whip dying.
Speaker 1: Why, Like, what what action movie have you ever seen where the whole plot of the movie is this evil gang is trying to kill this like famous person and then they succeed. The hero does not stop them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I did to think about that. I was just thinking everyone's dying like.
Speaker 1: That never happens. Nobody ever decides. Yeah, you know, everybody's dying. And in a Bosworth later recalled in a twenty fourteen screening after watching the film, his son said to him, quote, Dad, you didn't really save anyone. Everyone died, every single person, every single person. So then it cuts to these motorcycle gang members are riding motorcycles through like this ornate marble courthouse and it looks like an alien landing in my backyard. It just seems so out of place.
Speaker 3: So just also, no, the biker guys, a few of them decided to go in disguises. The other ones do not no, no security in this building at all, just none today.
Speaker 1: I mean they're probably were instantly killed. It would be like January sixth. I mean what if those what if everybody on January six had a motorcycle and a machine gun, those security guards would have been defeated or those cops would have been defeated in five seconds.
Speaker 3: This honestly, I maybe again we're giving the writers and creators everych uestion. And this reminded me a lot of that. I was like, wow, just because the visuals, how these guys like this looks a lot like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, that would be that would be quite a twist if in the sequel Chains was elected president.
Speaker 3: There, I don't think. I think that's a full blown.
Speaker 2: Takeover, so that we sorry, go ahead, Andy, Do you think Judstone did anything positive in this movie? Just basically what you're saying, No, did he do anything good?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: They have like the protagonist did nothing.
Speaker 1: Nancy died, got gut died, Ryan was really torn up. That mudfish died. All the Supreme Court justices died.
Speaker 2: He didn't kill Chains. The other his partner killed Chains. Whip Whip died, So he didn't do anything positive.
Speaker 3: Lance didn't need him. Lance would have solved the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a terrible idea, Terri.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: And also keep in mind, earlier in the film we didn't talk about this. Lance was like, we have enough to arrest these guys for racketeering, and Stone is like, no, no, no, I have to stand undercover because we can get them for so much more. We can get them for like terrorism, murder. They'll all go away forever. So Lance is like, Okay, if Lance had just arrested Chains for racketeering, none of this would have happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't save anyone, He doesn't do anything positive. But he walks out of there like head hell tie.
Speaker 1: He looks like a fucking badass is what he does. It looks great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he tails me. I was reading individual articles about the making this movie sound insane, early filming, early casting. I don't know the details, is why. I'm just kind of like, holy.
Speaker 1: Shit, I didn't really like I only my research only went so far for this film, Nordon.
Speaker 3: I'm literally just gonna was like, Wow, there's like relocation to Arkansas. Final weeks on Gulf Coast, a full strike went out with the workforce on the crew.
Speaker 2: Wow, just stitch this thing together.
Speaker 1: Well, all this masterpiece. So Max's dad, who's Goose, is flying the helicopter and Stone has a gun to his head and is directing him what to do, like pull up, pull down, go left, go right, and he's just listening to him. And I'm like, if you're a Goose, I mean you're fucked. You stole a military helicopter to kill the governor. You might as well just crash the helicopter into the courthouse. Why are you listening to Joe? Why are you valuing your own life?
Speaker 3: At this point, the only ball of the helicopter he has to bring it.
Speaker 1: Back and and there, so like all the cops in military, there are shooting at shooting at this helicopter, and obviously, and then Lance sees Joe and the cockpit holding the gun to Goose and he goes, oh stop, it's Joe. Oh no, no, shoot that motherfucker down with the bazooka.
Speaker 2: Joe's got nine lives.
Speaker 1: Joe's cat, uh, he sure does so. So then when Chaine's sees that Joe is controlled the helicopter. I laughed so hard at this part because this is like a well orchestrated terrorist attack. They've been planning for months, and there's one hundred guys with different roles. They're all on walkie talkies. When Chain sees the Joe's control of the helicopter, he says into the walkie talkie to everyone, uh, quote quote, everybody bail, You're on your own instantly, You're so deep, You're so deep in What do you mean, everybody bail? You're on your own? Oh so I wrote this is fucking completely genuinely insane. Joe's shirt is now the shirts off for the rest of the movie, basically his shirts wide open. He's looking great, just ripped. He shoots up a motorcycle in a hallway and the motorcycle instantly explodes.
Speaker 3: Every time a vehicle is struck with one bullet, it's a nuclear level blast in this entire moment.
Speaker 1: One of the one of the best, one of the best lines in Last Action Last Action Hero is when Arnold goes into the real world. He shoots a cab and it doesn't blow up, and he goes the Tuxi's a bulletproof but he mudfish kills poor gut, so poor gut of his finger chopped off. He just dies.
Speaker 2: He sacrifices himself for stone right the stone like around the corner, and then got jumps.
Speaker 1: Kind of he kind of hesitates for like a second. He doesn't like save his life or anything, so guts life. The hero pointless.
Speaker 2: And Joe Joe Joe's life appaently, No, you're right, Actually you're right.
Speaker 1: No wonder he was suspended. Yeah, Joe shoots mudfish out the window. Joe shoots mudfish out the window and he launches like five thousand feet. Yeah, but this is one of well sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Ryan lands on the car. Yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite moments in the movie as well. So Joe is holding a gun. On the other side of the of the hallway, like fifty yards away is a guy on a motorcycle with no weapons, and he sizes up Joe and he's like, I'm going for it. He thinks gun versus motorcycle, I got this motorcycle wins. We all know that game. So he revs up his motorcycle starts charging a Joe. Joe immediately kills him, just shoots him and.
Speaker 3: Kills him, Like so what just the balloon just like done?
Speaker 1: And then do you guys remember about how Joe.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, we didn't talk about how Joe jumps from the helicopter.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, how does he jump from the helicopter? I don't remember.
Speaker 2: He Joe off the helicopter, threw a glass, and then he just at the at least my YouTube video hit. The next state is him running into a wall like he has vertical running into a wall after he just jumped from the helicopter, through glass, through a building, and then he just beats up a guy. He turns around and beats up a guy after he's.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that. That's a great point because there's this like giant ornate marble hallway I mean sorry lobby that's like three stories tall with a glass ceiling, and he just falls through the glass ceiling three stories lands on the marble ground like on his feet, and he's fine.
Speaker 2: They showed him like running into a wall. It was like he just walked into a wall casually. That was the vaccine through the glass.
Speaker 1: That's a great point, Andrew, thank you say. And what during the game of Chicken that Joe easily wins with the motorcycle guys, the guy gets shot off his motorcycle. Then do you remember what happens to the motorcycle.
Speaker 2: The helicopter flies out.
Speaker 1: It gets launched out of a window like a ballistic missile and explodes the helicopter that Goose is still inside of. Yeah. He then has chained essentially dead to rights, and he decides to let him live. I don't know why everyone else died. Everyone.
Speaker 3: He's the life you should save.
Speaker 1: It's it's honestly like Batman letting the Joker live. How many what does he say? How many people? I am murdered by letting you live? So he let's he lets change like I'm gonna let the system because I believe in in law and order. I'm gonna let the system decide your fate. Uh. And what what happens from here? Ryan?
Speaker 3: He the FBI take in Chains, but Chains is behind them. Bizarre to let him out of the sight, and he sees it. One of the ages is a gun.
Speaker 4: There's a lot going on going on, a lot of a lot of hijinks. So the classic movie slow motion thing. He pulls the gun out and it's gonna shoot Joe.
Speaker 3: Boom. We just see Chains flip backwards dead and we cut to the smoking gun of Lance, the FBI agent doing his best Reginald vel Johnson from Diehard Exactly.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just yeah, they just alright stole that, not even a question about it. But yeah, Andy.
Speaker 1: I want you to describe this is maybe the best end credits I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: Agreed, Yep, So Chains dies and then I don't even know if there's any words, but Joe just walks out of the courthouse covered in blood. There's like heavy metal music playing, and he's just slowly walking out in the credits role, he's no shirt on, no shirt, He's Yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 1: It looks like everybody staring at him, like what is what is this guy doing? He just walks out. He's like, yeah, a complete and utter failure as a cop. I guess. So he actually the one time he caught someone Chains, that man slipped out of custody and then was gonna kill again and Lance had to step in and do something about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his undercover job didn't go well.
Speaker 1: No, and sorry, Ryan, were you just gonna say something?
Speaker 3: No? No, no.
Speaker 1: There was rumors that there was going to be a sequel for this, but they never got the money together. However, somebody wrote in a review, because like, this is a type of movie that was so hated when it came out. Obviously everybody thought it was stupid starring a failed NFL player, and in the years that passed a lot, it grew a lot of cult fandom. And somebody critic wrote, I didn't write down the name of the critics, this is a perfect B movie. And I thought that's a total slam dunk way to capture this. It's a perfect B movie. It's not good, but it's not trying to be good. It's very entertaining and fun. It knows what it is. It's self aware, and it's just like, yeah, you couldn't really expect more from what this is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone's good in their roles, right, Like Stone is likable, the bad guys are like at least kind of like quirky, and the plot is just like, let's just rush to the action.
Speaker 3: And it's definitely a thing of like a lot of like probably mid to late eighties, and then obviously with this like early nineties thing of like these movies, the only way they were going to stand out was to just peals the metal on this kind of stuff. If you guys ever remember you guys know Rutger Hower. Oh yeah, there was a movie on USA all the time where Gene Simmons from Kiss played a terrorist who like killed Rutger Howard's partner in the beginning of the movie and he killed them in some terrible way and he has to like capture him and bring him in, and like the end of the movie is like he captures and brings him in and he had this worker house character like left the FBI because of what happened to his partner. He's like a bounty hunter or something like that, and he has Geene Simmons hostage with a grenade in his mouth, and he's just like, okay, I got him. Here he is, and then the FBI is like, okay, well, you know it's you know, here's your fee if he's if he's alive, it's you know, five hundred thousand dollars. And he's like okay, and then they're like, well dead, it's only like ten thousand, and he just pulls the pin out of Jean simmons head and he's like, well, fuck him, and then they like Jean Simon just blows up and the movie just ends and it's just like that's the whole point in istry to remember that one stupidly insane moment and like this is what this is, Like this is the same thing. It works, and like you guys said, like you don't see also stuf like this anymore. You really kind of just don't see them this real. As corny as this is, you just don't see this. It reminded me a lot of we did Sudden Death, like the helicopter goes to the stadium they did. It's just so cool to see that. I was surprised because I don't know if you guys did. I was once googling the movie. They said that there was a sequel called Back in Business, and I was like, oh shit, I gotta see this. But it's it is a sequel, but it's not where it's. His name is Joe Elkhart and he's like a former cop returns from to active duty from an undercover mission for the FBI with this partner. It's a different movie.
Speaker 1: Is it is it Bosworth?
Speaker 3: It is Bosworth, He's in it.
Speaker 1: It's the is Lance in it?
Speaker 3: No Lance, It's Joe Tory, Brian James. But like that's the description movie, but it's not a sequel to this, but it was yeah.
Speaker 1: And I don't I don't understand this, but like Steven Seagal is still making movies and I don't understand how who was paying for them and who was watching them. But Bosworth has been in like a million, you know, straight to DVD action movies that I've never heard of.
Speaker 3: It's a big industry for a lot of guys. Yeah, someone watched them. I think that they didn't do it. They wouldn't make them right.
Speaker 1: And this is the type of movie that I'm so glad that Tom McGee was in this because when I started this movie, especially the era it was in, I was like, if a professional I would bet my life a professional wrestler is going to show up in this movie to some capacity based on like the era, what what these movies were. I mean, it's still happening all the time. Like in the new Mortal Kombat movie, the villain was played by Nathan Jones, I was like, how old is he? He's fifty five. He's gonna be done so many steroids to look like that at fifty five. But yeah, I'm a big I'm honestly a big boss guy. I I wasn't like before watching the documentary and seeing this movie, I'm just like, yeah, man, I mean, he could have been so much worse. In my opinion, Yeah, he was fine with this.
Speaker 2: He was likable. I wanted him to do well, not that he did, but.
Speaker 1: In another universe he was like the greatest professional wrestler of all time. But he never he never did any professional wrestling. A lot of guys did, like Mango McMichael, he was a he's a Hall of Famer for the Bears, NFL Hall of Fame and was like, had a big run in WCW. But no, Bosworth never never did anything.
Speaker 2: I didn't do wrestling. It seems very logical, especially his career ended early, and.
Speaker 1: I know he went into I think that he thought it was that was never I think he thought he was above it. Because I feel like now, I feel like at this point in pop culture, the nerds of one like mainstream everyone loves Pokemon and comic books and pro wrestling, like athletes and celebrities come out of the woodwork talking about how they love pro wrestling. But I feel like back then, you know, he's like, I'm an NFL player, I was one of the top picks in the draft. I'm I want to be an actor. I think he would think he's the butt. Pro wrestling would be below him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I would think of the same thing I was. Yeah, I think especially other contemporaries of his who tried to be successful actors who did it, did like like even like like look at like obviously Stallone who was an actor, but like Arnold was a bodybuilder, call Weathers as well. Like so many people were in the sports industry before moving to action and could succeed really well. So I wouldn't be shocked if they were like, let's follow suit with us and think like wrestling was a bit below them. Yeah, I thought you when wrestlers at the time tried to be in movies, they weren't considered as successful. Yeah, so I think if you did it, you didn't really go anywhere. I mean, I know Hulk is in Rocky, but like, still.
Speaker 1: I want to see a draft pick. He was, but he was in the supplemental draft, which I don't fully understand. He wasn't allowed to be in the regular draft. One of the reasons he got kicked off Oklahoma because when he got suspended for steroids and then he wore the shirt making fun of the NCAA. Barry Switzer, who later coached the Cowboys to a Super Bowl, was like, I'm sick, youre shit and kicked him off Oklahoma. But he played there for three years.
Speaker 2: So definitely has a personality. You know, he was like a personality and everything he did. So that's that's something I feel like he made a name for himself.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta read you this story. Before the season opener at Denver, Bosworth trash talk to Denver quarterback John Elway. At the game, ten thousand Denver fans wore T shirts reading what is a Bosworth Nothing? However, the fans did not know that Bosworth's company manufactured the shirts. Good for him. Yeah, so all right, well it's been an hour this this podcast. But we've had so many podcasts at this point over the fifteen years we've been doing this that were longer than the movie. This is way longer. This is two hours and fifteen minutes, and this movie's like eighty five minutes. But it's that fucking good. What is your stone cold advice? Mine would be Mine would be see this, Mine would be just just have fun with a movie like this. It doesn't need to be You don't need to be a snob. And that's the thing, is like I'm gonna pat myself on the back, which I do every day. I love going to like a Michelin Star restaurant and having a seven course meal. I think that's so cool and fun. I also love McDonald's, and I think that that and Ryan's the same way, and I think that that's how I view movies too, Like you can find enjoyment and fun in every kind of genre and quality of film if they know what they are and they're doing it the right way. Yeah, Andy, what's your stone cold advice? Is?
Speaker 2: Confidence is everything? I guess because I just feel like he's a very confident guy and it got him a lot of places. Right. He might not be a good cop, he might not be good at this, but he was confident all the time. He's in the grocery store, like these guys have no shot. He knows it. He's getting guns put in his face, He's going into biker gangs with bulletproof vests. He stays confident. I would say confidence is everything. Go boss, Go boss, boss.
Speaker 3: Man, Go boss. There's the line in this movie that Stone says to Lance and says, look, Lance, there's a time to turn it on, and there is a time to turn it on. So if you guys aren't watching powers Lap, I don't know what the hell you're not doing. So check it out, turn it off. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Ryan, that is, he's all about the ad revenue. Always be closing. Also, A I D A. I don't remember what it stands for, Like remember that was the other one. Yeah, that's totally right. Also I have too. I just thought of two more pieces of stone Cold advice. Number one, listen listen to Ice. Always listen to Ice. He's your considiary for a reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Number two stone cold advice. If you're approaching Stone Cold, do not kick him in the stomach because he will catch that kick. He will spin you around and you just fell right into a stone Cold stunner.
Speaker 3: So boom boom wards to live by.
Speaker 1: That's one of one of the one of the hardest Ryan and I ever laughed at. Like a pro wrestling moment is poor Mick Foley is there's a scene where like mankind is befriending Stone Cold, and for no reason, stone Cold stunts him and then gets right in his face, flips him off and says, DTA. It means don't trust anyone, you stupid piece of trash.
Speaker 3: It's if you can find it on YouTube. It is so funny because it's not like he had a mic in his hand, so it's like a camera might caught it. So he's screaming this in this guy's face two inches from his face. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Oh but if you wanted to catch us on Twitter, I am always at the real Teal of Tequila. Sorry X, it's called X now. Andy is at Ashley's husband one two three, Thank you. Sorry, Ryan is power slap fanatic sixty.
Speaker 3: No one had.
Speaker 1: Scumbag. Scumbag that exion for trying that man should be shot into the sun. Who has used your name? But also I love how Andy's user name is the most boring possible thing Ashley's husband one two three.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's all It's all I got going.
Speaker 1: Uh, but yeah, send us your send us your tiktoks and your truth socials. You know that's we're all all over that social media ship. So thank you for listening. Thank you so much, Andy for coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it anytime he's at work right now, which is hilarious, So like, what are you doing here? Yeah, just cleaning people dedicated to the pod.
Speaker 1: The less thens as as you call them.
Speaker 3: WO.
Speaker 1: All right, on that note, thank you for listening. Catch you on the flip