Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: What else is going on? Time for what's happening? Wow?
Speaker 1: Oh, as we've been reporting to you, the Vatican is open Saint Peter's Basilica to the general public and it has been a large showing of people, thousands filling the central aisle. There, Swiss guard standing at attention, a lot of pageantry, and they're even talking about or they're going to extend the visiting hours because of the massive turnout.
Speaker 3: This has got to be I've seen a couple of interviews with people who are making the pilgrimage to be to do this, to see the pulpe, to do the viewing. But there are other people who had already planned a visit to Vatican City. They were there and they just wanted to be near the Vatican and for them to have I don't know, kind of stumbled onto this sort of chance opportunity to see incredible. I mean, just in the way that the Vatican does this, the way that they treat a pope who is pastor.
Speaker 2: It's certainly a spectacle, spectacle is a great word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had pall bears carrying the simple wooden coffin on their shoulders through the Vaticans.
Speaker 2: Then they're going to put that coffin onto a ca catafoc catafoc.
Speaker 4: La.
Speaker 1: Police are warning about distraction thefts. The last time I ran across one of these was in Italy.
Speaker 2: The Gypsies do this.
Speaker 1: It's very popular in Europe. Sometimes they have kids with them as well, and they offer a gift to you, a piece of fake jewelry, and they put the jewelry on you and they steal your jewelry in the meantime, usually women. The last time I had a gypsy come up to me, she rubbed my stomach and she said, I see you having forged children, and may God strike you. No, I did not say that, but I laughed at her and I walked away. They'll tell you and all the tourist books be wary of the Gypsies. Well, the Gypsies have come to La. That's exactly what's happening. It's women most of the time, with small children, and they say they do like a little baby fortune for you. Oh hello, Oh you're so nice, you're so pretty. Oh I see that you're going to have four children.
Speaker 2: Let me give you this gift. This is for This is a gift idea. I have moved to give it to you, and then they rob you. So it's happening. They said.
Speaker 1: At least one hundred and forty of these distraction style thefts have happened in LA so far this year, and they're targeting the elderly.
Speaker 3: Speaking of theft, about four million dollars in stolen goods has been recovered in a major cargo theft bust here in LA. The Commercial Crimes Division Cargo Theft Unit arrested a couple of South American Group members allegedly involved in all of this. They were taken into custody after search warrants served at storage unit facilities along out in different places in the valley. They said they recovered over one point two million dollars worth of stolen tequila, speakers, coffee, clothing, shoes, body wash, and pet food, so basically target authorities also found a shipment of bitcoin mining computers they said worth two point seven million dollars at lax oh Man.
Speaker 1: You think Mayor Karen Bass had her hands full with John Cobalt.
Speaker 2: She has just pissed off the animal lover's crowd.
Speaker 1: Apparently, Karen Bass's budget proposal to account for that billion dollar budget shortfall includes laying off people from the LA Animal Services. Uh oh, laying off sixty two people who work at the shelters and eliminating forty nine vacant positions. So this was already a short staffed department, cutting six point four million from the budget. Oh boy, they say the animal people in the notes say we should be adding two hundred positions. They're grossly understaffed. This is going to This may be the Nail and the Confine.
Speaker 3: A set of the first four editions of Shakespeare's collected works expected to sell for up to six million dollars at auction next month. The auction house announced the sale today, which happens to be Shakespeare's four hundred and sixty first birthday.
Speaker 1: Big news in the NFL. The Hall of Fame game has been announced. And listen to this. It's in July football the NFL in July, I mean back in the day. It started in mid September, right, That's when I remember football season starting and you got the preseason and they extended preseason. They keep moving it back and they extended the season, and then you're looking at August, and then you're looking at mid August, and then the first week in August, and now NFL is crept into July. Hall of Fame game will be the Detroit Lions and your Los Angeles Chargers in Canton, July thirty.
Speaker 2: First, it's a Thursday.
Speaker 1: It'll be at eight pm Eastern, five o'clock our time. That's a lot of fun. Canton, Ohio's great. You think it's you think of the Hall of in Ohio in July. You think about you know, you well, at least in my experience, you have like this image of the Hall of Fame in your head, kind of like I had the image of Hollywood in my head and then I moved out here and I'm like.
Speaker 2: This is Hollywood. That's all there is, that's this is it. It's Canton.
Speaker 1: Was the same thing when I was able to go there when the Chargers were playing Cleveland and we went took a side trip there to Canton, and it's very cool.
Speaker 2: But you're like, this is it. This is the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: You know, you're expecting like the Wizard, you know, like the Wizard of oz type thing of like, oh my god, like this big, built up thing because you build it up in your mind. Joe Montana's going to greet you at the door, right, all of the things, just that it's everything. You just think of things as bigger in your mind. It's the same thing as when you meet like Hollywood celebrities. Right, there's some small, normal sized person, you just think of things bigger.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon will continue the story of Lizzo is really confusing to me. Maybe you can help shed Wait.
Speaker 2: Heart, is this the weight loss? All of it?
Speaker 5: Okay, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Are people upset people whose bodies would not guarantee.
Speaker 2: Backup dancer dancers employment larger? Yeah? Yeah? Okay, So wait, are people upset that she's lost one?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Wow, people feel betrayed that she has lost the way I see that she was such an icon of body positivity.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute.
Speaker 3: If the whole point of body positivity is it's your body, be positive about it, let her be positive about her body and whatever shape she wants it to be.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 2: I don't get that, And why if little I have to get a little you're getting real upset about this. I don't know why. It's okay, you just let it out if you.
Speaker 3: If Lizzo thinks to herself, you know what, it's probably not great for me to be this way this long. And if I want to whatever, if I want to start a family, if I want to further my career, if I want to do whatever, maybe I need to trim down a little bit.
Speaker 2: And then she does it, which is not easy.
Speaker 3: Why would people Why would people fight against that? Why would they suggest to her that she was somehow letting them down?
Speaker 2: Because people like to.
Speaker 1: Have friends that are battling the same hurdles in life, and some of them are self made and some of them are not.
Speaker 3: So if that's the case, if people do see her as somebody who has who's in that position for whatever reason, they.
Speaker 1: Want company with somebody who's a superstar because it makes them feel like they are not less than for being bigger them.
Speaker 3: But in that same vein, I would want that person to find the same inspiration to get healthy, out to get healthy.
Speaker 2: I understand if I could.
Speaker 8: Put in my input, get it okay, so like on her social media because I'm a big Lizzo fan myself her body positivity. Positivity is like it was a lot and very motivational for a lot of girls that were bigger when she was bigger few years ago.
Speaker 2: But now if you look at her social.
Speaker 8: Media and some of how like she's portraying herself, it's the narrative has changed a bit where she like, we're all for being like you lost week great, Like we're so happy for you. But she's not still promoting you know, love your body, love who you are, no matter what size you are. She's now like, look at me and look social people are more upset of the fact that she's changed her narrative than still promoting, you know, love yourself.
Speaker 3: If that makes sense, No, it does, And I think part of it would be because she's, I mean.
Speaker 2: She's feeling the glow up. I was just gonna say, the look at me.
Speaker 3: Part of it is evident because a lot of the current pictures on her social media are her, whether it's the pink lingerie or her in workout gear or whatever, as opposed to just that that is now becoming her defining characteristic, as opposed to just being positive about every aspect of her life.
Speaker 2: Does she I have a question.
Speaker 1: Has she chronicled like what she's doing and stuff like in term, I mean I see stuff of her and like workout stuff here, but it.
Speaker 2: Is she is she being open.
Speaker 1: With like, hey, this feels so good when I move more whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't know, no, not really.
Speaker 8: It like she documented her weight loss journey, but it was very celebrity, like she has a personal trainer she went to that's okay, and so it kind of took away the like, oh, you're you're.
Speaker 2: Like me, like me, right, that's a great celebrity.
Speaker 3: That's such a great point because I said this about Trump just five minutes ago, seconds ago. If you had a personal trainer, if I had a cook, if I had somebody doing all of these things for me, that that uh, to use her words, the weight loss journey would be a downhill slope. It'd be easy to get there or easier to get there. That's a good point. I didn't think about that. She does say that weight training and calorie deficit were the key things that she has been doing.
Speaker 8: And she changed her diet, like she used to eat like us, but then she became a vegan or a vegetarian, one of the two. But so she changed her diet, and she was promoting that a lot, but then in the last year or so, she really went into like working out and getting fit and losing all this weight. And then somewhere between, you know, starting this weight loss journey and now to how she's portraying herself on social media, it's kind of, I don't know, discouraging and different.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get those peanut m and ms.
Speaker 3: Why, wow, Oh, the ones that you've been fighting about for the last two hours. Yeah, No, one's stopping you from getting the peanut emeen. Why I feel empowered to get them?
Speaker 2: Now get them? Hell, Yeah, I'm gonna go get the peanut m and ms. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI. AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Prize winning historian John Meacham has written introductions for both books. During a recent recent interview, he said he hoped the documents would help readers make a sense of a tumultuous time. It seems like it's editorializing the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Over the last couple of weeks, I did one of those online courses just to brush up on constitutions stuff, not about the Constitution, but sort of the politics that led up to it.
Speaker 2: And why we have it. Well, what was that through? I would like to do that to find it out. I have to find it. Let me know.
Speaker 3: It's like a thirty five to forty minutes each one, and there's ten or eleven of them something like that.
Speaker 2: But but it's on.
Speaker 3: I think everybody should be paying attention to and be reminded of on a regular basis. It's the Constitution specifically is an amazing piece of.
Speaker 2: Work, living document because it was.
Speaker 3: Written so long ago and it still can be used today. It's found to kind of rein in the government in terms of what or of what they can do and can't do.
Speaker 1: It's funny though, it's like we don't change that much as people, as the way government works, as your human instincts and desires to take over everything, and it's none of that has changed.
Speaker 2: It's just the human condition.
Speaker 1: So when you look at it that way, it's not that remarkable that they were able to see how we would behave because humans haven't changed human behavior for forever.
Speaker 2: That's right. I wanted to mention this.
Speaker 1: We talked about it off the air, but I really feel strongly about it. Universal Studios Hollywood is looking for some guides to lead its famed backlot studio tour. Open virtual auditions are being accepted through May fourteenth. Want to be Tour guides can submit an audition video online, give a brief introduction, describe your background, read part of the tour script.
Speaker 2: I really want this for you.
Speaker 3: I'm too old to cut off. No, I don't think so. I just think they would not want to hire me.
Speaker 1: Well, I felt that way about the LAPD, but Chief Jim McDonald told me that I would still be okay, he would consider me.
Speaker 2: I also have a job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you could do an afternoon shift, an afternoon evening shift.
Speaker 2: You could go straight from here, just right over there. It's right down this road. It is, isn't it.
Speaker 1: You could get an outfit. You'd have a badge, that says Gary Garry. I think you'd be great at this.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you know all the new things like the Harry Potter World any of that stuff?
Speaker 2: Okay, well you could learn. I haven't been a Universal in ten years, probably, I think.
Speaker 1: And let me know if I'm right, talk backworld that we should put together an audition video here for Gary, and we should roll the dice.
Speaker 2: On my behalf. Well, you're going to have to do the audio.
Speaker 1: You're gonna, oh, I am gonna have not like a you know, terrorist video thing where you're blindfolded and we're gonna make you do stuff.
Speaker 2: You'd have to be willing.
Speaker 3: We'll discuss. I don't know how flexible they are. They want me full time, they want me just afternoons.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, they're gonna have to for I mean, you know, yeah, to first want you.
Speaker 2: It's time for what you're watching Wednesday. The bubble following program is brought to you in Living colors, but you're watching in there. Americans love television. They win their kids college USA television. Matt that you've.
Speaker 10: Not watching too many of those live television shows.
Speaker 3: Said Peanut Butter. Just as Peanut, Gary and Shannon. That's us and what you're watching Wednesday all kinds of different.
Speaker 9: I wanted to recommend a movie I saw back in twenty twenty called The Two Popes, is based on Pope Francis's how he got how he became the Pope. It's with Anthony Hopkins and they're both applying for the same position. It's a great movie. It's a surprise nobody has mentioned, right Popes.
Speaker 3: Thanks Guys having a Baby comedy Jonathan Price and Anthony Hopkins. That movie has seen a four hundred and seventeen percent spike from the minutes watched on Sunday, which was about two hundred and ninety thousand, up to one and a half million the following day.
Speaker 2: The Two Popes.
Speaker 3: The Two Popes Conclave was viewed for about one point eight million minutes on April twentieth and six point nine million the next day, an increase of two hundred and eighty three percent. However, before you run out and go see Conclave.
Speaker 7: Hi, Gary and Shannon, it's Jen and Pasadena. Thank you so much. I took my mom to see Conclave a couple of months ago because it was rated PG. She's Catholic.
Speaker 11: I'm not, but I am a devout Christian and let me tell you, wow, was she offended and so was I on her behalf terrible film. All day yesterday, your beautiful news people kept pitching it.
Speaker 7: Oh you can watch Conclave. Oh please stop pitching that movie, please please please.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they were saying, like, go on to Netflix and watch Conclave.
Speaker 5: It was just.
Speaker 3: That that movie was there, and that that's.
Speaker 2: Not it's not a documentary.
Speaker 3: It's not not at all not that's all, my god.
Speaker 2: So I thought that was funny. Hey gave Shannon rob here.
Speaker 6: I caught and watched at least two episodes of The New and Or on Disney Plus. Yeah, the season two. Great series of Star Wars. If you like spy and covert action. Great great show, great drama, great actors, costumes are amazing.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 1: And the whole time he was talking was mister bumblepluss, it's a and Or is a prequel to the prequel.
Speaker 3: So Star Wars comes out right introduces the world. It is about skywalking, No Anakin, no Skywalker.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Before Star Wars came Rogue One. I mean just in the in the timeline of when it happened. So Rogue one came out five nine years ago, and then this is before Rogue one.
Speaker 1: I have a question. Rogue one is about Is it about a person? Or is what is that about?
Speaker 2: And Or? No, Rogue one is about who. Rogue one is about.
Speaker 3: The the beginning of the.
Speaker 2: Rebels probably the best way to put it. So the beginning of the Resistance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can say that now, and or is about a person which one Cassian and or oh so it's a new person.
Speaker 2: Well, he wasn't in He wasn't the Lost Ar. No, no, he was not in Raiders.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, that was obvious. That was an obvious me trying to be funny with you. This was a person though, that was not in the main Star Wars corrections. Okay, so this is somebody we didn't even know about, or was he intimated about.
Speaker 3: Or say he may have been referenced. I'm definitely in the books that followed. I mean there's a whole series.
Speaker 1: Okay, it definitely, and he fights for the he's the light or the dark.
Speaker 2: He's a good guy, a little bit of both, aren't we all. Takes a little bit of salt to make it chocolate chip cookie.
Speaker 1: And then also, but sometimes more if you put it on top, I guess.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 1: Is it Anakin Skywalker? Is that that a thing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Good, I got it right. You know who he turns into, Harrison Ford? You have you have nailed this. I don't know why you even asked me anymore. I know more of what you're watching Wednesday when we come back.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 2: Hi, Gary and Shannon, this is Richard and Va. The only thing Gary should be tour.
Speaker 1: Guide of is that's smelting plant in el segundo. I Okay, that wasn't very nice. I think you would do a great job. You'd be entertaining, you'd be knowledgeable, you would take it seriously, but not too seriously.
Speaker 2: I think this would be a great side gig for you.
Speaker 3: Just a giant acceptable face up there at the beginning of the tram.
Speaker 1: What do I need to do to put that to bed? What do I need to do? I don't know to never hear acceptable face again?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Three trailers up on the website right now.
Speaker 3: Go to KFIAM six forty dot com slash Gary and Channon the trailer for season two of Wednesday with Jenny Ortega. Of course, that Adam's Family spin off I Know What You Did last summer sequel is coming back, yet another one of those They say they want to bring that franchise back to life. And then another Jordan Peel horror movie. This one is called Him and It's all about football. And it's all about a guy who is going to be a great football player until something bad happens to him, and then he trains in something dark and sinister happens to him.
Speaker 2: It's all dark and sinister and bad and horror. He gets drafted by like the Jaguars.
Speaker 4: Gary Shannon, Zach and Santa Barbara. What I've been watching and I want to continue to watch is The Bondsman with Kevin Bacon. I mean, it's not too serious and it doesn't have a serious plot, but.
Speaker 7: It's really good.
Speaker 4: And I gotta say I love Tom Hardy and he plays a really good mob guy and anything he's in I feel like. But Moblind with him is absolutely wonderful. It's one of those that kind of keeps you sucked until the next episode.
Speaker 2: It's a great dude show.
Speaker 3: That's also with Pierce Brosnen and Helen Mirren also, which is good. But The Bondsman with Kevin Bacon is supposed to be pretty spectacular.
Speaker 12: A couple other things the show for what you're watching Wednesday, my girl, I've been watching mo on Netflix. Then it's a great show man stop its bite size pieces.
Speaker 2: So when to play Inn one.
Speaker 12: Of mostly it's only about a half an hour long, so we can consume it that way. We're in the middle of season two and it gets the tow in the waters of all these different ethnicities and everything else flodding around. It's breaking the worst show, but it's more just funny and it's you could watch and the main characters is interesting to show interesting.
Speaker 1: I had never heard about it. Let's see here. Mo American comedy drama TV series premiered in twenty twenty two stars Moe amer loosely based on his own life as a Palestinian refugee descendant living in Houston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's supposed to be pretty good, pretty funny. That's where I've heard Ali.
Speaker 10: Yeah, from San Diego and I watch North to North. Recommended it to my daughter and we loved it. Kind of has the parts and recreation feel really funny and touching too. Have a good day, Love you Off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is on Netflix as well. North to North. They've seen it advertised. That's good to know. We are watching Ransom Canyon.
Speaker 2: Ransom Canyon.
Speaker 1: It is so bad it's hard to turn away thinking of Kelly'll fully finish it this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Like I said, it was described as Yellowstone meets Virgin River. Yeah, I probably a lot more Virgin River than it is Yellowstone. But it takes place on a It's beautifully shot in tech. No, it's in in Texas, but they filmed it in New Mexico. Right, we've been watching. I just last night saw the first episode of the rehearsal.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was going to.
Speaker 1: Look that up last night, but I was in the Ransom Canyon world.
Speaker 3: Nathan Fielder is the comedian who does like him these rehearsals, and he talks of the first season was all about him wanting to become a parent, I think it was and learning how to do that. He convinces these people to do the crazy seest things in these long form rehearsal.
Speaker 1: This is about pilots this one right, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: They build an entire airplane terminal, airport terminal, sorry to get some of this stuff done. It's the And there are laugh out loud moments that are not intended that otherwise wouldn't be an outright laugh out loud moment. Yeah, like if someone trips and falls over adult duck. My wife will crack up laughing every single time. But this guy sometimes his face just appears on the screen and you laugh at it because it's just so preposterous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's a good one. That's that's fun.
Speaker 3: The studio on Apple TV with Seth Rogan still going Your Friends and Neighbors is The John Ham Show.
Speaker 2: On Apple TV.
Speaker 3: Hacks on Max of course, and then one show that I started watching is called Government Cheese on Apple TV as well. David Oyo Loowo, I think it's Oyo Lowo plays a x con.
Speaker 2: It's out of jail.
Speaker 3: He's trying to kind of win back his wife and his two teenage boys, and he's an inventor who's trying to make it.
Speaker 2: It's a two bit criminal.
Speaker 3: Before that, he's trying to make money to get this invention off The ground set in Chatsworth, of all places, in nineteen sixty nine, so some of the set productions, some of the set pieces and the costume is just awesome, the cars and everything, and they clearly filmed a lot of it in la because they've got those great rock formations that you see out as you're driving out towards Chatsworth, So they've got those kind of in the background of everything that they do. It's also touted as a comedy, and there are funny moments in it, but it is not a comedy. I mean it's it's not a traditional like laugh out loud sitcom kind of a comedy. But it's very well it's very well made. I'm still waiting for it to pick up a little bit. But that's on Apple TV so well.
Speaker 1: Carl DeMaio is in for John Coblt this afternoon, so enjoy that and.
Speaker 2: We will see you tomorrow. Yes, they drive everybody blessings.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap