Speaker 1: At a book.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to be able to listen to the show without ads and have full access to bonus content, that's an option. To find out how, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com Forward Slash Podcast. Hey everyone, thanks so much for joining us for another livestream episode of Dogman Encounters Radio. Really appreciate you being here. For years upon years, I've told Dogman eyewitnesses that unfortunately, these guys are masters at pushing our buttons. They just know exactly what to do, just the right or I should say, maybe you're the wrong moment to really get the maximum effect out of the encounters they forced to happen with us. It really isn't fortunate. It's not like they're frightening enough to look at. But when you add the fact that they're so good and knowing how to frighten us on top of that, it's no wonder that these encounters are so traumatic for so many eyewitnesses. Well, when you listen to what happened to tonight's guest when she had the two encounters that she had, it's a testament to what I've been preaching for all these years. The dog man she encountered it did what it did for maximum effect. That's all there is to that. Well, without any more delay, let's bring her in here now. Tonight's guest is Mindy. Mindy, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi, thanks so much for having me. I hope that you can hear me well.
Speaker 2: Loud and clear, and thanks so much for being here. Really appreciate it. Mindy. Please give us a brief bio on yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm originally from Georgia and I moved to Maryland a few years ago and I live here with my boyfriend and our two dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, since one of your dogs plays a role and what we're going to talk about tonight, first thing right off the top, please tell us about her.
Speaker 1: The dog that was with me during the encounter is now three years old. She was two years old at the time. She is half American bulldog and half yellow Labrador Retriever. She's the type of dog that you know when you take her outside, she always wants to point at the other animals. So you can say, look at the bird, and she'll point with her paw at the bird, or you can say look at the squirrel, and she'll go and look for the squirrel, look at the deer, so she loves to do that, and that also plays a role in our encounter.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting combination there. Does she look more like an American bulldog or more like a lab?
Speaker 1: She looks more like a lab in the face, but she does have that chest of a bulldog, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that does sounds like a neat dog. Lucky to have her, you really are definitely yeah, I'll bet it sure sounds like it. Without giving any details, Mindy, from your encounters, please tell us about how those encounters have seemed to affect her well.
Speaker 1: She has definitely. She used to be more outgoing. She would walk up to strangers and want to be petted and never had an enemy. But now every time we go outside, if she hears a strange noise, she'll slip out of her harness or slip out of her collar, and she'll try to run to the door to get inside. And when she saw this, she was shaking like a leaf. And she was seventy three pounds at the time.
Speaker 2: Poor thing. Yeah, it's no wonder she was shaken like a leaf. That's how these guys affect almost all dogs out there, even ones that are well over one hundred pounds. They just have that effect on them. Won't that effect on people also? And for good reason. They're awfully frightening to be around and look at. Early in your life, from what I understand, something happened to you that just might play a role in you having these dog me and encounters and these other pureanormal experiences that you've been made beer. Please go into detail on that.
Speaker 1: Well. I had some early childhood trauma at a young age. I watched my sister get hit by a car and become paralyzed from the neck down. And they were always strangers in our house. Who were you know, the nurses. She had to have twenty four hour nursing and at a certain point in time, a team of the nurses asked me if I wanted to play a game, and they brought in a Weiji board, and so I thought they were playing a game. I've had paranormal encounters because of that since that time, and it's definitely not a game. So I highly advise you to never touch one of those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really good advice for me. How they made you participate and that was just even more over the top, absolutely horrible. Please tell us more about that.
Speaker 1: Well, they asked me. They came into my bedroom and said, hey, do you want to play a game with us? Then I said, okay, I think I was playing Nintendo at the time. And so they said, all right, well, we're going to come in and we're going to sit in a circle, and they lit some candles and they shut the bedroom door and they turn the lights off, and they said, we're going to hold hands. And something you have to know about this room is that there used to be a door to the outside, and my dad had walled that off and expanded the room and added the bathroom, so I had my own bathroom and that door is no longer there, but it would have been right next to my bed. And so we're sitting in a circle, we're holding hands, and one of the nurses says, if there's anyone here with us, then move our hands. And her hands started to move up and down, and I kind of opened one eye and looked at one of the nurses and I said, you're doing that, and she said, no, I'm not. And then I looked at the other nurse and I said, then you're doing that and she said no, I'm not. And if you you know, think that we're lying. Then you ask a question, and I said, okay, And I looked at my bedroom door and I said, if something's here with us, then knock on the bedroom door. And there was a knock at the door. But there was a knock at the door from the garage, and it was just a continuous knocking. It started off really softly, and then it knocked louder and louder and louder and louder until it was literally shaking the side of the house and it woke my parents up from upstairs.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is really freaky. It really is. Holy cow. Yes, an experience like that that makes it awfully hard to have a well adjusted life. But you have. After all these things you've experienced, you're still very well adjusted, which that's awfully impressive.
Speaker 1: I just do the best I can, so oh all you can do.
Speaker 2: You're definitely doing it. You definitely are. I'm not sure if you realize this, not mindy, but tonight is just about a year, exactly a year to the day almost from when you had that group of dog mean encounters, because your encounter has happened on the twenty second of June last year.
Speaker 1: You said, yes, June twenty second, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Did you realize that I did?
Speaker 1: Okay, I figured out stry to make me a little nervous. So do you realize this? It's coming up on a year.
Speaker 2: Don't be nervous. Yeah, that doesn't make it any more likely to That're sure you can have another encounter, so you should be just fine. You should now that we're about a year into the future from those experiences. Have you been dealing with all those things that come along with having two encounters?
Speaker 1: Well, like I said, I just do the best I can. I don't like taking my dogs out at night by myself. I prefer having my boyfriend with me, so there's two of us. I just feel like we're less likely to see something if there's more than one person outside. I live in a really quiet community. My apartment building is really quiet, so people aren't really up late that I've noticed, at least not in my building in the building surrounding me. So I'm just trying to deal with it the best way that I can, which is just to pretty much avoid being outside at night by myself.
Speaker 2: Does your boyfriend know about those encounters?
Speaker 1: He does. I told him immediately because he was working late at night when this happened. At the time, he was working at a bar and the bar was open until like two thirty at three o'clock in the morning, and so this happened around one thirty in the morning, and I messaged him to be really careful when he comes home because we saw something in the grassy area and it was big.
Speaker 2: How did he take that? Did he take that well?
Speaker 1: Or he did He said he would be careful, and he believes me. He believes in cryptids. I was a skeptic. I never believed in cryptids. I believed in ghost because of the encounters that I'd had as a child, but I never believed in any cryptids until I was face to face with this one.
Speaker 2: And now, you know, unfortunately, y unfortunately yeah, yeah, I'd say, all right, mindy, please tell us about your encounters. Now give us every last detail that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we have to start with the fact that I was playing video games with my friends, and that'll come into play later. I was playing Fortnite, which is a very popular game, and the character that I was playing ass is a white wolf character named Bulpees. So I'm sure you can look it up and see what it looks like. It looks like the white wolf. My older dog came and notified me that she had to go potty. So I told my friends, hey, I'm going to sit out for a little bit. I've got to take my dog's potty. I'll be back. So I took my older dog out no issues, came back in, grabbed my younger dog to take her out, and across the street from me, like I said, is this field. The field is owned by the power company, so it's about a football field in length I would estimate. But my apartment community at the time, they didn't do any maintenance on the field. They didn't mow the grass or anything like that. They just let it grow because it wasn't wasn't their problem. It belonged to the power company, and the grass had grown to about four and a half to five feet tall. But typically there's beer over there all the time, anywhere from you know, five to sixty beer at one time you would see over there. They just loved it. So we were outside and I was letting my dog do you were busy. I heard what I thought was a stick breaking, and I thought, oh, there's going to be a deer approaching us. So I turned around and I said, Diana, look at the deer. And I just stopped mid sentence because what I was looking at was not a deer. I was looking at seven and a half to eight foot tall. What in my brain I could only describe as a werewolf, which sounds insane because I didn't believe in them. But my brain literally went, that is a werewolf. Werewolves don't exist. We're going to die. And I didn't know what to do. When I first saw it, it had its head to the side and it was sniffing the air, and then it turned its head slowly and it looked at me. It looked down at my dog and then back up at me, and so to describe it, it was very muscular. I could see one of its arms completely. Eggs were in the grass. I couldn't see its feet from what I could tell, they were more on the canine side. It had a tail that was twitching, its ears removing independently of each other. It had a long nose. Like I said, I could see it sniffing the air, so I could see its big ears with kind of like German shepherd ears. It had five fingers for lack of a better term on each hand, and the pawpad was similar to like a raccoon's popad. It was black and it had three inch curved black nails on each claw. And I just thought we were toast. I didn't know what to do. I started panicking. Time started to slow down like it does when you're in a life and desk situation, and I just knew this is a predator. If we run, we're going to die, so for sure, no question. So I thought, what would you do if there was a bear or a mountain lion? So I puffed up my chest, and I moved my dog from my left hand to from my right hand to my left hand because I'm right handed, and I planted my feet and I stared at it directly in the eyes, because I thought, if this thing charges me, I'm not going down without a fight. I'm at least going to try to save my dog. And I just waited on it to attack, and I stared it down. I gave it the meanest look I possibly could, and then I started slowly walking backwards. And as I started walking backwards, it made this really weird motion where it kind of shifted its hips to the left and then to the right, and it was halfway in the grass, and then it shifted tips to the left and then to the right again, and then I couldn't see it at all, so I didn't know if it was going to pounce on us. I didn't know if it was going to walk away. I couldn't see it. So I continued to walk us backwards, and I just kept my eyes trained on that spot. And then I got us into the house. I immediately dead bolted the door. I took my dog's leash off, I hung it up. Like I said, she was shaking like a leaf. I was having to pull her backwards when I was walking backwards. She didn't bark, she didn't make a noise. She was just shaking. And as soon as I dead bolted the door, I kind of put my back against the door and took a deep breath, and then I looked at my hand, and I was shaking, and I took two to three steps away from the door, and something jiggled the door handle. And I don't know if it was just bad timing or if this thing scented us and followed us, but I am leaning towards it scented us and followed us and tried to get into my apartment. And my dogs, which are very reactive if someone walks by outside, they're barking. They were very quiet, and they just looked at the door and then at me, and back at the door, and I just took a queue from them and stayed as silent as possible, and I tried to slow my breathing as much as possible, and I just tried to wait it out. And then when my dogs started to move around and act more normal, then I walked all the way into the living room and there was a close up of my character on the screen on the TV screen, and I just I didn't say bye to my friends. I just disconnected the xbox and turned it off, and I messaged my boyfriend and I said, I don't know what me and Diana just saw, but there's something big in the grass in the field, and you need to be very careful on the way home. Do not run walking into the house, but you need to be very careful. And that was that was our n Conner.
Speaker 2: You poor thing. That's awfully traumatic. I'm wondering, though, well, I'm sure it was. It's kind of hard to answer this question, but how hard do you think this would have been to deal with if it wouldn't have come and jiggled your doorknob the way it did.
Speaker 1: I mean, it definitely still would have been traumatic, but that was like the icing on the cake. That was just another level of it knows where I live, Like it followed me home, It knows where I live. And then I I am just wondering what would have happened had I not dead Both to the door. I know that it clearly was strong enough it could have just ripped the door off, but I was afraid to look out the peopole to see if it was a person or not, because what if it was staring back at me through the peopole, And would that have given it incentive to tear the door off and come inside? And then what would have happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it didn't do anything it didn't want to do, and it did everything it did want to do. Like I told you when we had that first conversation, the biggest enemy when you have a dogman encounter, In almost every case. It's not always this way, because sometimes dog mean encounters do go bad, but in almost every case, the biggest enemy when it comes to having a dogman encounter is what your own imagination can come up with. What it can come up with it your imagination makes you believe the dog man wanted to do or might still do in the future. But like I told you, it did everything it wanted to do, and it didn't do anything it didn't want to do. That's the good news of it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I hate the fact that it came back and or it came over and jiggled at your door knob, but yeah, these guys do that sort of thing all the time, but that's just to get her more of a rise out of you. I hate the fact that they love to push her buttons away. They do, but that's clearly why it did that, Like we talked about in that first conversation, like you just acknowledged, if I wanted to snatch that door out of your wall, it could have done that, But it didn't do that because that's not what it was out to do. It just wanted to get a rise out of you. Like I said, now to highlight how these things just love to push our buttons. Perfect example. I'm not sure how many years it's been since this happened, but there was a gentleman and his wife who are sitting watching They're having a TV night movie night, just sitting on their couch watching this movie. I think it was a Saturday night or something like that, and they had a bowl of popcorn and everything was just great. Well, one of them heard, maybe both of them heard this noise at this door that was on the side of their house. So the husband, he got up and walked over to investigate. Well, he grabbed the doorknob, unlocked the door, grabbed the doorknob and twisted it. He started to open the door to take a look out. Well, guess what was standing right there on the outside of that door with its hand on the outside door knob. Yeah, a dog man. And when he saw it and it made eye contact with him, he went he threw his shoulder against the door to close it. Well, it stopped him from closing it. I don't know how it did that with his hands or whatever, but it stopped the door from closing, and they basically had a push of war. Now, you're never gonna be able to outpush a dog man. You're never gonna be able to come close to it. But I mean, imagine the trauma that he was going through. His wife was going through. She could glance and look out the crack of that door and see what was on the other side, acting like it wanted to get in again. If I wanted to get in, it could have it could have just thrown that door open, even if feels pushing on it or not. But they went back and forth, back and forth. And I can't remember how that ended, if it just gave up and went away or what. But because that's been over ten years since found out about that, But I mean, that's just a perfect example how these guys will just go way out of their way to push our buttons and get a response out of us. It's horrible. It's horrible they do that, but that's their mo And if you're an eyewitness, it's vitally important you understand that it really is.
Speaker 1: Well, it definitely was intimidating. It didn't snarl, it never growled at me. I never saw its teeth, So I wanted to highlight that it didn't seem like a bloodthirsty animal to me. It just seemed like I stumbled across the wild anal and I have no doubt that it was an animal that I was looking at and I could see the wheels ticking. I could see it trying to figure out what it wanted to do in its brain, because I can ask my dog, do you want to snack? And sometimes you'll think about it. And that was the same look that was on this creature's face, Like it was look it was thinking, you could tell, like it was pondering what to do with us.
Speaker 2: Well, sure, it was just evaluating its options to push your buttons, and unfortunately it decided its best option was to cross the street and come up and jiggle your doorknob. But that doesn't surprise me, and not in the least. Talking about jiggling your doorknob. It's one thing to have an encounter when you're away from home, indeed, but yeah, your encounters when you were at home, Do them happening there at your home make it easier or harder for you to come to terms with them?
Speaker 1: Oh much harder. Because if this was some place that I was visiting and I saw this, I would just never go back to that place and I would be fine. But I live here and I just signed my lease again, so I have to be here for you know, more than a year now and through next year and It's always on my mind. Is this thing territorial? Is this part of its territory? Was it just randomly passing through? Am I going to see it again? I don't want to see it again? Are there more? Do they hunt in packs? Do they hunt by themselves? Like? Were there more out there that I just didn't see? So that's on my mind all the time, and that again affects me from leaving my house at night because I'm always afraid I'm going to see another one. I will say, I do think my apartment or someone at my apartment complex also saw this thing, though no one has approached me and told me that they did. But two days after I had this encounter, every single unit had massive floodlights installed. They started paying the yard people to cut a few feet into the field and that has been continuous, and they also spend a couple of thousand dollar to build a fence around the dumpsters. There's a couple of dumpsters that are that butt up to that field line, and so the apartment complex has taken some preventative measures that I definitely didn't tell them what I saw because I didn't want to be seen as a crazy person. But I think somebody definitely saw something and took some action.
Speaker 2: It sure sounds like they did. Yeah, someone who works for the building must have Those are pretty extreme measures. Dogs obviously have to go out at night too, not just during the daytime. I'm wondering, how did he handle that? How did you handle taking her out at night time? That couldn't have been easy at all for either one of you.
Speaker 1: No, it hasn't been. It's easier for him because he didn't physically see what I saw, so he might have a picture in his mind of what that was. That he didn't see it face to face and I did, so there's a distinction there. He doesn't have a lot of qualms about going outside. He doesn't think this thing will be back. But he also has a different job now where he has hours that are earlier, so it's not a problem taking the dogs out because you know, we can just take him out when he gets home from work.
Speaker 2: Well, he didn't have any problems going out after the fact, But your poor dog had to be so difficult for.
Speaker 1: She does quite often wiggle out of her harness, wiggle out of her collar if she hears the noise and she's not expecting it. She just her reaction is just a bolt to the door, and she will try to jump on the door to try to get in into the apartment. So she knows where she belongs, so that's a good thing. She's not going to run into the street. She will just run straight back to the apartment. But yeah, anytime there's some noise she's not expecting, or if she's not paying attention and a person walks up, now she just runs. And she used to be the most social dog where you could just walk up to her and she would walk up to you and waggertail. And she doesn't do that anymore. She's just more fearful, poor thing.
Speaker 2: I can understand why she is, but I sure hope she moves past this and then time she's able to go back to being her happy, go lucky self and she can just live unencumbered. But of course time will tell if that's ever going to happen or not. But I can keep my fingers crossed on that, thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I also hope that eventually she snaps out of this, but I don't know. She might be a little scarred, and I don't blame her, because I'm probably a little scarred. By this experience myself.
Speaker 2: So oh, that's only natural. I didn't cheer this with you, mindy. But one of the things that struck me when we had that first conversation, no, I'm sorry the second conversation was I got the impression that you felt like there is something strange about how you How should I put this, Gosh, so it's not confusing, I guess the most concise way I can put it is when we had our second conversation, it struck me that it seemed like to me like you thought that how you responded to all this was strange, that this or that was kind of strange, how you were affected by having all these experiences. But I just want to make sure you understand now that nothing you've told me about how you've responded to this is unusual. I mean, it's textbook. I've spoken with thousands upon thousands of dog me and eye witnesses, and I mean you just come to expect certain things and everything that you've told me about how you responded, how this affected you. I did this, I did that, everything. It just it's just exactly what I would expect to hear. So I just want to make sure that I squash any idea that you have that any thing to do with your response to anything to do with your encounters is unusual, because none of this has been unusual.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing that I probably did that was wrong that I see in hindsight is I should not have stared at it in its eyes, but I did. But I was trying to intimidate it back, I guess, so that it wouldn't attack us, or maybe it wouldn't attack us, or maybe it would be like, oh, this one's not scared, so and walk away. But you know, when dealing with any wild animal, you definitely should not look at it directly in its eyes because that could be seen as a challenge. But that's not what I was trying to do. But in hindsight, I see that was an error on my part.
Speaker 2: Well, like I told, yeah, you're put in a very difficult situation. You dealt with that situation, or both of those situations the best you knew. How I think you deserve a lot of credit for how you held it together. Now, on your end, I'm sure you probably don't see it as you holding it together, but you really did. I mean, most people would have totally fallen apart especially when the doorknob jiggled, but you held it together and you really should be commended for that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I just didn't know what to do. I mean, I couldn't call the police and say, hey, there's a werewolf outside, you know, because then they would haul me off to the psychiatric unit, you know. So there was nothing I really could do other than, you know, tell people who I knew would believe me what happened. Has it affected me, yes, I'm afraid to go outside at night, I have bad dreams. I have been really anxious leading up to this one year anniversary of seeing this thing, and I told you this as well. I recently found the date because I wasn't exactly sure when it was. I had to go back through my messages to my boyfriend and to find the date. And I found the date and then just had a curiosity because in my mind I had no idea what a dog man was. What I had seen in my mind was a were wolf. So I put in the date June twenty second, twenty twenty four, and the moon phase and it was a full moon. And then that scared me even more because I was like, oh my gosh, it is a were wolf, and then later on I learned it was a dog man and that they're seen all the time, But at that moment, it was really frightening, like, oh, the legends are real, you know?
Speaker 2: Is it better knowing that it was most likely a dog man and not a were wolf. I've been public about my opinion that I don't believe were wolves are a reality. I don't think it's possible for a person to somehow magically transform from the form of a human to that of a beast like a werewolf. I just don't believe it. But I'll still be the first person to tell you I don't know everything. I'm not going to say it's impossible. Anything's impossible in this crazy world. But if there were were wolves with the ability to change, to transform from a person to that of a beast like that, then of course dog men. Are you glad that it wasn't a were wolfer? Would have been better if it would have been a were wolf in your opinion?
Speaker 1: Well, in my opinion, the name were wolf is just semantics. So the best way I can describe it is if you're showing a child a picture book and you say this is a horse and there's a picture of a horse. This is a cow. There's a picture of a cow. This is a dog. There's a picture of a dog. My brain immediately went, this is a were wolf. Do I think people transform into wolves? Absolutely not. But I do think this creature is real because I've seen it with my own eyes, and I just I wouldn't I wouldn't have thought of the name dog man by myself because it doesn't look like a dog. It looks more like a wolf in the face, soh to me, that's just sem antics on were wolf versus dog man. I do personally prefer the term werewolf, not for the transformative aspect, because I don't believe in that, but just because that's what it stereotypically looks like to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all we can do is just guess when it comes to a lot of these things about what it was that you saw that night. I mean, it's entirely possible it was a were wolf. But like students are told when they're pre med learning to become doctors, if you hear a clicking of hoofs on the floor behind you, on the tile behind you, think horse, not zebra. And there's a lot of wisdom to that, saying, because is it possible that it's a zebra behind you? Yeah, it is possible, But the most likely explanation is it's a horse. So that's why they're taught that, and that's why I'm saying that most likely it was a dog man and not a werewolf. But again, in this crazy world, what is impossible? I can't tell you what is. I definitely right.
Speaker 1: I mean, now that I've learned a little more about what dog men are, I mean, it definitely fits the description of a dog man. But just in that moment when I didn't know how else to phrase it, that's what it looked like. It looked like a werewolf and I had no other term. I didn't know the term dog man at that point. But it definitely was a dog man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say it was now as crazy as it might see Mandy. Some my witnesses who have had some over the top traumatic encounters with dog men, they've told me they'd give almost anything to have another encounter now under controlled circumstances, of course, but they feel like that would help them if they could have another encounter and see another dog man some day in situations where they're not at risk for being harmed. But as as far as where you're coming from, would you fit into that category where you would like to have another encounter if the dog man was at a distance and you're not at home, or would you just never want to ever have an experience like that again.
Speaker 1: I don't ever want to see that again in my life. It was terrifying. I don't understand why. People, it's just my opinion, no offense to anyone who may be listening who wants to see them again. I never want to see that again in my life. And again, the one that I saw, it wasn't snarling at me, it wasn't growling at me. It was massive, and it easily could have ripped me to shreds with one swipe of its claws. And I just never want to be around that again. I never want to see that again.
Speaker 2: Well, that's understandable. Something I never did ask you about that I'm wondering is, obviously you're strongly affected by those experiences at night just about a year ago. How much was your personal life affected by all this? Did you have trouble at work? Was there other fallout as a result of those experiences?
Speaker 1: I kept it pretty well compartmentalized, so it didn't affect my work or anything like that. The worst issues were just sleep disturbances, but I have those anyway because I have a complex post traumatic stress disorder with anxiety anyway, So it didn't really affect my work at all. It didn't affect my home life at all other than me being afraid. But my boyfriend's been really great about calming me down and telling me I'm safe and making sure that I feel safe when I'm at home.
Speaker 2: Well, he sounds like a good man. I'm so glad you have.
Speaker 1: Thank you. He's a really great guy.
Speaker 2: Me sure sounds like it. Now. Just for clarity, when you say that you've been suffering from sleep disturbances, does that mean nightmares or nightmares and something else.
Speaker 1: Well, I get nightcarrors occasionally anyway, because of my PTSD and what I've seen and what I've been through. But right after this, I was having trouble falling asleep. I was constantly worried about what was outside. So for a few weeks after this incident, I just had difficulty falling asleep. I felt safer sleeping in the daytime versus at night, so sometimes I might stay up all night and then go to work and then take a nap, and then be up all night and then go to work and then take a nap.
Speaker 2: Ye After having experiences like the ones that you had and other eyewitnesses have had, it's just not fear that you have to go to work the next day. In a lot of cases and deal with so many things that it would be so nice if you didn't have to deal with those for quite some time. But yeah, life does go on. It's not easy, it really isn't We have those night tears? Mindy, Are they repeating night tears the same thing night after night or do they differ?
Speaker 1: They vary A lot of the times. I can't remember the actual terror, but my boyfriend might wake me up and say, hey, you were mumbling in your sleep, or you are like screaming in your sleep, and he'll wake me up, and I wouldn't know. When I wake up, I don't remember the ones that I do recall. I'll just reach for him and as long as he like takes my hand or something, I can calm back down and go back to sleep. But when the morning comes, I don't recall those dreams, but I recall the feelings I felt that the fear and the anxiety from them.
Speaker 2: Wow, it was just horrible. You have to deal with that. How long has it been since you had a night tear?
Speaker 1: The most recent one was about a month ago. My boyfriend woke me up and said that I was screaming in my sleep when he woke me up.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's intense. Have you ever thought about looking up lucid dreaming?
Speaker 1: You know, I have looked at that, but I'm not really sure if that would help me or not. I would have to do some more investigation into that to see if that would be something that would work for me. Well, something I definitely don't want to make anything worse. Sorry not to put you off, I just just don't want to make anything worse by delving into that. Either.
Speaker 2: Well, highly doubt it would make anything worse. Understand that a lot of eyewitnesses I've recommended that they try to learn how to lucid dream That's paid huge dividends if they've had a lot of trouble with nightmares or night tears. So I'd recommend that you do look into it. And it's a pretty common thing when I recommend that to an eyewitness that they tell me why I don't know where to start. Where can I learn how to lucid dream? Well, understand, there are a bunch of groups on Facebook, for example, that focus on the topic, where it'd be a piece of cake to find someone in those groups that could show you the ropes or at least send you all the resources information resources that is that you would need to learn how to do it. But if you do learn how to lucid dream, like I said, it does normally pay huge dividends. So just something to think about now. Because of this ongoing trouble that you've had with night tears and sleep interruptions, have you ever considered professional help.
Speaker 1: I have, in the past received therapy. I've graduated from therapy for my post traumatic stress disorder, so I'm not on medications or anything like that. I pretty well manage it on my own. But with anything else, so you have a chronic issue, you know, sometimes you get flare ups, sometimes things happen, and that's what these nightcers are. They're just flare ups of my condition and just these memories and feelings coming back that my brain doesn't know what to do with, and so they manifest in these really scary dreams that I have. The good thing is I don't remember them most of the time.
Speaker 2: Well I'm glad you don't remember them. But even if you don't remember those night tears, and a lot of cases, the effects from those night tears still do linger and affect your waking hours. So it's still horribly you have to deal with all that. It really is, thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've been dealing with it for a while, since way before the dog man encounter, So it's just something that I have adapted to and learned to live with. And yeah, it can be hard when you have a sleepless night, but you can get through it. There's been a lot of things in my life that I've had to push through and you can get through it.
Speaker 2: Well. I just wish you didn't have to deal with that period. It's not like life is not hard enough. Just hate that fact you do have to deal with that at all. Is there anything about your encounters that if you could go back and have them again you wish you could do differently outside of the fact that now you know better than to make eye contact with this dog man, But is there anything else?
Speaker 1: I think, honestly, that's the only thing that I would do different differently is just not stare at it directly in the eyes, because again, I don't want to seem like I'm challenging this wild animal to you know, approach me. I don't want to do that. I wanted it to go away. I wanted, you know, to try anything to get us to live. I thought that we were going to die. I immediately thought, it's just these across the street and we're dead. So I just wanted it to go away. And that's the only thing that I would change is just not having any eye contact with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if you only have one thing you wish you could go back and change, that's a really good thing. That's a lot better than a lot of eyewitnesses and say, so that's good. That really well.
Speaker 1: It definitely opened my eyes because, like I said, I was a non believer in any of the cryptids. I didn't believe in you know, the snaly Gaster or the Bigfoot or anything like that. I didn't believe in any of them. And now with this dog man that was directly in front of my face, I cannot deny that dog meen't exist. So what else might actually exist that I just haven't seen before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it's better that you don't know, because if we knew about everything that was out there. Yeah, if we knew about everything that was out there, we might not ever step foot outside of our doors ever. Again. You never know.
Speaker 1: That's very true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: And like you said, it didn't hurt me. It didn't I said earlier, didn't growl at me, It didn't make any noise towards me, sniffed the air, turned to look at me and stared at me, and then it crouched down into the grass. So it didn't make any aggressive motions to me outwardly, And.
Speaker 2: Thank goodness for that. You don't need to have to deal with that, making it even more difficult to come to terms with. Before I move, I'm sorry to interrupt you there. Oh sorry, Oh no, you're fine, You are fine. Before I move on with my questions for you, I just want to let everybody in the live chat know that if you have any questions that you want me to ask Mindy here tonight, please post your questions and all caps that way I won't miss them. And after making that announcement, why there are going to be several people leaving questions without capitalizing them that I'm going to miss, but as always, I just do the best I cannot to miss them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be happy to answer any questions that anybody you know may have to the best of my ability.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think when it comes to eyewitnesses come to terms with their experience, coming to terms with their experiences seeing this interaction with other people, people in the live chat, for example, reading the comments that are left in response to their shows on YouTube. That is just such a huge help when you're doing all these things to interact with a guest, with an eyewitness, when it wils down to it, there's so much more than a guest. If they come on the show. Most people will never understand the impact they have on that eyewitness how much they actually help that eyewitness. But I mean, it helps more than you're ever going to know, and I can't thank you enough for that. Wow, the question is already coming in. I guess I might as well dive into some of them. The first one is from Glenn Kamada, and Glenn wants to know did the dog men smile at you?
Speaker 1: No, it didn't. It just turned its head and looked at me. It looked down at my dog and then back up at me, and it didn't have like a readable expression on its face. It was just like a wolf looking at you with its mouth closed. It never saw its teeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank goodness it didn't smile at you, because I guess just outside of having a dog man go from all fourst to standing up on two legs, having a dog man smile at an eyewitness, that's one of the most intense things that affects eye witnesses the most in most cases as far as things generally happen when people have encounters with dog men. So yeah, thank goodness for that.
Speaker 1: That might have sent me over the edge. I was already terrified. That might have sent me over the edge. That might have killed me on the spot if it growled at me or shown its teeth.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well, it sends a lot of eyewitnesses over the edge. So I've got another question from Ian Ian wants to know you mentioned never wanting to see one again. What about an authentic, high quality video of one? What if one was taxidermied? Thank you for sharing, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Ian, Yes, that would be fine with me if I saw one that was taxidermaid, or if I saw one that somebody had a video clip of that wouldn't affect me so much. I just personally don't want to be face to face with one. I don't care if it's one hundred yards away from me. I don't want to see that with my own two eyes. Again, like face to face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's totally understandable too. I don't blame you. It looks like Andre's Carizalez wants to know when the floodlights come on at night, how much of the areas lit up?
Speaker 1: Hi andres. So these are super bright floodlights. Think about those flashlights that are led. These are LED floodlamps, and so they illuminate the whole front of the you know, the area where my dog uses the bathroom, and they also have a flood light, and I forgot to mention that earlier, so thank you for asking. They also did install a floodlight facing the dumpster. So not only is the area you know where the dog uses a bathroom lit up, but also the dumpster is lit up at night as well, so it's really bright at night. They come on at about eight pm.
Speaker 2: Thank goodness they did that. That's got to be a huge help for you. Having the whole area lit so well, Yes.
Speaker 1: If they stay away from the light, which I'm not sure that is the deterrent for them.
Speaker 2: If it is, they don't always. Yeah, I've heard it put out there quite a few times that if you never want to have a dog man come around your property, then put up bright lights and put up cameras well. Sometimes that works, but there are plenty of cases where dogmen have been reported seeing standing directly underneath flood lights bright floodlights too, So that just hammers home the fact that these guys go where they want to go and they what they want to do.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, I think's grateful that the Sorry, I didn't mean to cut you off there. I'm grateful that the apartment has paid the yard people to mow a few feet into the field. That has been most helpful for my anxiety because I can see that it's not overgrown and I can see what's in the grass.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that is helpful. Yeah, the more you can see at night, that's got to be comforting. I'm just going to go ahead and ask my question now before i move on to the next question that the person in the listener in the live chat wanted me to ask. You have you ever thought over this year time since those experiences happened. Have you ever thought about going into the office and just in a roundabout way, trying to fish for info on why they decided to put up all those bright lights and make all those changes they mow across the road and everything else they've done.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I thought about it, but I don't want to bring attention to it. I you know, I don't want I'm still afraid that people might think I'm crazy for sharing my story, so I don't want to draw any more attention to myself. Whoever saw this encounter, It could have been someone on the third floor. I live on the first floor. It could have been someone on the third floor looking out and seeing this happen, seeing me back away and seeing this creature that reported it to the office. So no one has approached me. I feel like it would have been better for me if someone had come up to me and they're like, hey, I saw what you saw the other day. But I didn't go fishing, and I don't think it would be helpful for me or beneficial to go fishing with the apartment complex. But those changes happened two days after I saw what I saw.
Speaker 2: Well, your concerns are definitely warranted and understandable. But you could fish for answers in a way that wouldn't put you out there, It wouldn't leave you vulnerable to blow back like that. For example, you could always just ask, well, why did you decide to put up all these bright lights and start having the contractor move across the road when you never used to do that? And maybe someone would answer. I doubt that they would, but it couldn't hurt.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the other thing, you know. You know, they might not tell me the truth about why they installed the floodlights, and then that doesn't give me any more answers either, because they might equally be afraid of being seen as a crazy person.
Speaker 2: You know, well, sure, and you know that's a given there. But sometimes what people don't say says more than what they do. For example, if you went in and ask, and again, there's no pressure for you to do this, you're the one who has to ultimately make that decision. But if you really did want to know, if you went in and you pop that question, why did you make these changes with all the lights and all these other things, If they start giving you the stink eye in a certain way. Then, I mean that's pretty much your answer. Yeah, exactly, exactly. All right, enough for my questions for now. The next question on deck is from Rose Smith. Hey, Rose, Rose wants to know do you know if anyone knows if dog man is male or female or maybe something else. I guess that's a general question, or Rose. People have eyewitnesses have reported seeing dog men that are clearly male, and most that are seen seem to be males. But yeah, females have definitely been seen as well where there's no doubt that they were female. So it happens, but not nearly as often as males being seen. I hope that answers your question there.
Speaker 1: And Rose, I couldn't see I couldn't see the lower half of this animal, so I'm not sure if the one was male or female that I saw.
Speaker 2: Well, you were locked onto its eyes too, which totally understandable in a situation like that. You weren't expecting to see him or it. So that's just kind of wired into our programming that you're gonna lock on its eyes and you're just gonna try and do the best you can to hold it together. So, like I said, you responded to exactly how most eyewitnesses would you really did. This next question is from Andrea's Sores, and Andrea wants to know did the dog man seem more animalistic or intelligent? Especially when using the doorknob?
Speaker 1: I mean, to me, it seemed like it had definitely some sentience and intelligence. How smart I don't know. I mean smart enough to know how to turn the doorknob without ripping the door off the hinges. Like I said, I could see the wheels spinning, and it was trying to figure out what it wanted to do to me and my dog. I don't really know how else to describe that, but I could see it thinking definitely think they're highly intelligent.
Speaker 2: Oh, they definitely are. Yeah, that's a given there. The next question for you is from Lori Mass and Laurie wants to know, looking back, did I contact make you more afraid or actually calm you a little.
Speaker 1: That's a good question, Laurie. I think it did calm me down a little bit to stare at it, because you know, I could keep an eye on it. I could look for any sudden movements while I was, you know, looking at it. But I just backed slowly into the house. And that's the best thing that I could do. In that moment. I knew that if we ran, it could have it could have seen that as like a prey motion. It could have seen us as prey at that point, and I didn't want to do that.
Speaker 2: I'm glad he didn't. The next one up on deck is from Moniqua, and she wants to know did he mind speak to you?
Speaker 1: Hi, Am Moniqua. I actually have not heard of that. But no, I didn't hear anything. It didn't even growl at me. So no, it didn't mind speak to me.
Speaker 2: Well that's a good thing. I'm glad it didn't. And Consel wants to know hand did he smell? Did he have a tail?
Speaker 1: Hi? Anne? I don't remember any smells. I'm sure that would have stuck with me had I smelled it, because, like I said, I just thought it was a deer approaching. I did see a tail flicking. I didn't get a really good view of the tail. It was fluffy and long, but that's all I could really say about it. It did have a tail. It was fluffy and long, and it was flicking its tail back and forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that had to be quite the sight to see you never expected to see that that night. That's a given. The next one for you is from Cookies and Cream and they want to know how long after you got home did it jiggle the doorknob?
Speaker 1: Oh seconds, thirty seconds, forty five seconds. I got in the door, and I had just enough time to take my dog's leash off and hang it up dead bolt the door. I had my back against the door, and I probably took two or three breasts and deep breast and took a look at my hand that was shaking, and then from that moment I took two or three steps to the left and then the door knob jiggled, so probably about thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: And when we had that first conversation, I remember you asking me, well, I don't think you saw me after I went around the corner. How could you know which unit was mine? And I told you, well, yeah that's the case. But he saw you leaning up against that post so or the corner there, so all he had to do was just sniff from there and track you right to your front door.
Speaker 1: But well, and the first thing was the first thing I saw was a side profile because it was smelling the air. So in hindsight, it probably was getting my scent and my dog sent at that time, and then it just tracked us back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, would have been easy for it to do that. Andres Carisales wants to know. Was there any possible law enforcement after your encounter in your area?
Speaker 1: No, not that I'm aware of. I live in a city, but I do live close to Washington, d C. I'll say that's about forty minutes from me, close to Fort Meade, close to the NSA, so seeing law enforcement is not uncommon. But there was no additional presence that I noticed, And I think that might be your question. There was nothing out of the normal that I noticed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, like I told you, you're doing good to know your own name. So what you did notice is very impressive. I'm impressed by that. It looks like Angel Wake wants to know. Did you look out for I'm sorry, did you look for or find any tracks?
Speaker 1: I did not look for any tracks. I was terrified. I really didn't want to know anything else. It was hard enough for me to process what I had just seen. I didn't even go to look. I probably should have looked, but I didn't even go to look.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you didn't go to Luck because, yeah, I think that'd be too much weight on a young back. You weren't ready to do that. I've got one more question for you. Were coming up on an hour. I need to get ready to get out of here. This last question is from Cookies and Cream and they want to know how many minutes did it take you to get home? Five minutes or more? And how long did you wait for the dog man to leave your door?
Speaker 1: Okay, well I probably should have explained that better, So thank you Cookies and Cream for the question. But when I take my dogs outside, I walked them out of the apartment and then there's around the corner there's a courtyard, and there's plenty of green space in a courtyard and it's pretty big, and so they do their business and we clean it up and throw it in the dumpster and then walk back to my apartment. So it's really right outside my door. So from the time I started walking backwards, it probably took me a minute and a half to get all the way back to my door. If that's what you're asking, well.
Speaker 2: And the answer is that, and I think that's what they wanted to know, So yeah, thanks for answering all those questions before we get out of here, Mindy, give any clothes and comments you'd like to put out there for us.
Speaker 1: You know, I've always been told that monsters aren't real and that the real monsters are humans. But these things are out there, and just keep an open to mind because you never know what you're going to see, and you might not see a dog man, you might see something else. It's just totally broken my worldview open. You know, Like I told you, I don't know what else is out there that I previously thought didn't exist, that might really exist and be out there in the world. So just keep your horizons open.
Speaker 2: Well, that's great advice. And hope you never do find out what that's what else is out there, because yeah, that wouldn't be a good thing at all. Mindy, thank you so much for coming on sharing the details of those experiences with us and for answering these questions. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me, and thank you all for your questions today.
Speaker 2: Oh you're welcome. Thanks again so much for your time, and have a great.
Speaker 1: Night, all right you as well. Good night everybody.
Speaker 2: Thanks, we'll see ya. Well that's another one. In the books before I go. Two things don't forget. Tonight I published four new episodes of my new Dogman podcast, dog Me and Tails. Having trouble talking tonight, I apologize and also too. If you've had a Dogman encounter that you need help coming to terms with, or if you'd like to just come on the show and share your experience with the listeners, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com and visit the podcast page. I'm sorry. Please just go to Dogmanencounters dot com and submit a report. If you do that, then I'll reach out to you and we'll schedule a phone consultation so I can find out what happened and we'll just take it from there. But having said that, as always, thanks so much for listening to the show everyone, I really appreciate it. Then, have a great night.