Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to the Garden of Thought. We are proudly presented by the Sports Jedi Network the Sports Jedi Media Network on YouTube now hopefully temporarily but you know, get the original channel back, but maybe permanently if you have a moment, subscribe to both just to be safe. Also, the Wrestling Soup Network and my own little platform is the Garden of Thought. This is the crossover event maybe of I don't know, maybe of all time. And we have from the Soup Network and a man that I've seen in live streams and chats I don't know, like there must be like seventeen of him to do this. It is Rams Fan. He's from the Wrestling Super and Friendos network. He does Soup du Jour on his YouTube channel and on Wrestling Super and Friendos where he reviews SmackDown with Jeff Uso, a different Jeff, probably a false Jeff, certainly an evil Jeff, which I appreciate being dose evil. I am dose evil or evil dose, depending on which side of the emetic upside down you are if you're above or below Jeff Flipmann. For those of you who don't or only know my alter ego, and this is Rams fan rams fan, thanks for being there. They love you, dude. Wow, introduce yourself.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh I got a I got a bile forgive me by the way, chat for my Sunday morning eyes. I woke up two and a half hours ago and I'm still trying to wake up and I got sensitive eyes. So yeah, it's so yeah yeah look at this. But anyways about me, So yes, I I wish I knew how many podcasts under my hat, under my belts. I've been going live on YouTube with the other Jeff what as we call them, the real Jeff Jeff Uso. Yeah, we go live with Yes SmackDown Sure, and we've been doing that since January. It was originally just audio only and now we're audio and video and also streaming on x Shout out to familiar faces in the chat. But really quick about me. I've been doing podcasts for a long time now, but it hasn't been a weekly thing until recently. I started off doing twilight Zone podcasts with shout out to Matt Luke Sci Fi Sanctuary podcast Deal Podcasts. They were covering twilight Zone and all its variations for a while and that's how I got my start. And now I'm doing shows like this and other wrestling shows, and also about me. I wrote eleven children's books. I'm a marine biologist. I have worked for a NASA. I've been a lawyer in my spare time. I worked for a bono though, and none of that is true. I am not an important person. I've been retired on disability for a long time. Podcast scene comes easy to me get, I guess because I got a lot of time to do it. Excited to be on the show man, well on, you.
Speaker 1: Had full George Costanza on us. The sea was angry that day, my friends. So I appreciate having a podcast veteran as yourself. I don't appreciate the tease because one of the things I've been looking to have on the show is a marine biologist. I have already decided what my final shows will be, whenever they are, and one of them would be a marine biologist, specifically talking about the octopus to pi octopuses, which is proper, which isn't all things octopuses anyway. So rams Fan proposed the topic, and he's like, let's talk about mythological creatures, monsters that are portrayed in the media, and let's talk about how they're portrayed in the media and the backstory to them, or really wherever the conversation takes us. And I'm like, cool idea. I'm like, you know when he's like, we'll each pick six and hopefully we'll get through all of them today. If it goes too long and we're both want of them, we'll just cut it into two shows. I don't know, at least off for the audio, not the livestream. We're not going to cut it. But we each made our list. We made sure that we didn't have any of the same creatures, and without further ado guess privilege, you pick the first creature and tell us why you pick the creature and then what you think.
Speaker 2: Well, might as well get the longest one out of the way and forgive me sometimes folks too, if I got to go off camera a little bit and I got to read my notes, because again, my my poor I so I got I don't want to be like if I go off camera a little bit, it's to read some notes. But I chose, and I'm gonna butcher a lot of words on the show.
Speaker 1: By the way, just say a gin like like the like gyolcoholic, efforts.
Speaker 2: That's safe. Gin the D we don't pronounce the D. Huh. You can.
Speaker 1: You can go to gen if you want, but the Gin is or g or Jenny or Genie. Uh. You know, basically all have become the same thing, though you can make a pretty good argument that they're portrayed differently and just a sort of a giant, multi millennia game of telephone.
Speaker 2: So to speaker operator, I chose them because they really and especially when I started doing I literally got like almost two pages of research on them written down. I could add more. But you ever seen the movie Wish Master, of course? Yeah, yeah, I always love those horror movies. Even though the sequels got pretty bad, the first one is pretty fun that that was a representation of Gin so and we'll get to which variation that is later, Because not all Gin and Jin's grand wishes and stuff like that. Some do, some don't, Some take forms of like creatures and humans, some don't. But I don't think it's like the movie where he cut the dude's face off and you put the face on and it just maybe it is. I don't know. But anyways, real quick, I'm just gonna go off camera, so I could see these notes. Oh, okay, am I still here?
Speaker 1: I hear it?
Speaker 2: Okay, sweet, I thought i'd have a little avatar if I was off camera.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you do that rock gollum thing?
Speaker 2: Does jin are created for? I'm uh smokeless fire and in parts of Arabian and Islamic folk folklore say they have the ability to choose good or evil, unlike angels. And they're also one of the three create one of the three. What's the word I'm looking for here, Jeff, Because there's angels, there's humans.
Speaker 1: I would say they're they're of the sea.
Speaker 2: I think it was called turns of like a sea word.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not I'm not sure what what you're looking for, But don't worry about it. It'll come to you, Okay.
Speaker 2: But yes, along and then like people say, unlike angels, they have the ability to get choose good or evil. And when I'm also finding out when I've looked up these things, there's many different like each religion, uneath each mythology as like their own variations. So like, excuse me, I got so many notes on here, I got to try to find the right one.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I don't think that anyone who's a long term listener, long time listener show knows that that's sort of my journey has has discovered that too. And part of the fun of the show when I have experts on is is that sometimes I'm right about the variation. Sometimes I'm wrong about you know, I see too much of the variation when it's not exactly the same thing, or sometimes it's it's something that's morphed over time and space and a lot of times because of the environmental needs, but also the historical times. I mean, we all like to pretend that things are fixed in time and that that's not the case. You know, they're they're definitely not. So by now, hopefully you found the note that you're looking for and you can pick yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, And but I wanted to go over the five different types. And these are where I'm on a which are some words here. There's five different types of gin. There's married M A R I D, which is often depicted as the most powerful with immense strength, magical abilities, and it's associated with water known for their pride and arrogance. And these are the ones that typically guarant wishes that like you have seen in the Wishmaster movies. They come at a great cost. And then the second different variation is is would you pronounce it as different? I f ri, I T.
Speaker 1: I guess free, I'd probably say, but I don't know that I'm.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay. They are fiery and known for their wrath and destructive power. They're also rebellious, dangerous, and they dwell in ruins and isolated places for some reasons. And they're also depicted in this book called one thousand and one Nights, which have you ever heard of that book?
Speaker 1: Jeff, Yeah, it is. It is a misnomer where it's called one thousand and one or Arabian Nights. It really should be a thousand and one Babylonian Knights. But yeah, I mean that's where a Latin comes from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know the I know the Bugs Bunny version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, modern classic. I mean it's up there with Christopher Nolan's The Odyssey.
Speaker 2: And then, oh, we can't talk about that movie. That's got controversy right now, we can't talk about that. Well we got I can't talk about it. I haven't seen it, so things weren't depicted the right way supposedly. Oh my god, Hollywood doesn't depict something in the right way, God forbid.
Speaker 1: Well, there are no right way. I mean, its hundreds of years of oral traditions that were performed countless different ways. So I mean it's it's you know who who you interpreted through. But and I only know this because I was I've been listening to a bunch of podcasts which we're on it. I mean, it's not coincidental that the podcasts are covering it because of the movie, but it is coincidental that it was, like say, The Daily and the Ancients and then and I actually recently recently read. Now when I say it read, I generally mean listen to the audiobook the Odyssey, Uh, within the last several months. It's interesting, it's it's a thing. I also listened to the Iliad and I don't know, Uh, anyway, you're right, we're not gonna talk about those things.
Speaker 2: And then the next one is theitany s h A I T A n I.
Speaker 1: Right, the Chaitan, which is sometimes as a demon, and some people think that's where the word satan comes from. Uh, it's probably not. It's probably just a trick of fanatics.
Speaker 2: Yes, And they're the ones that like to lure human into the trap with temptations and they serve no one like they're not one of the genies that you can summon and be like, you know, Grant might Well, they just they're all out for themselves. They're they're the most power hungry one problem well, which may be why they may or may not be closely linked to Satan. Google g h U l Gold Google Yah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'd have to learn, Jeff.
Speaker 2: I've seen you figure out a lot of your words on this show, and it's about time, you know, buddy, because I have questions and you better have answers.
Speaker 1: Listen. I'm just happy that you're bringing up words that I haven't heard.
Speaker 2: This is great, okay, and.
Speaker 1: The guests to be the expert and you're you're not disappointed.
Speaker 2: This one is a well, thank you Internet. This one is associated with graveyards and desert wastelands, which is kind of cool. Uh And it.
Speaker 1: Makes sense that if it is pronounced cool that it would you know, the word has sort of survived mhm.
Speaker 2: This one is the shape shifters that take form of animals and they like the were humans into traps and they also like to eat the flesh of a living or the dead.
Speaker 1: Is that the ghoul? Also?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, so listen we have we have we have an old fashioned, you know, sort of zombie skin walker kind of thing, like a you know, a revenant.
Speaker 2: And then this one is considered to be the weakest, the janny j A n n I considered to be the weakest form.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a little sister, sure ja.
Speaker 2: It's aligned with nature instead to be no maamt no nomadic and offering just and often just wandering the deserts. And it acts way more kind of humans than mean any of the other gems.
Speaker 1: No, the closest, the weakest is the closest to man. It's interesting these descriptions you gave us because they sort of sound semi demonic in the way certain demons are. Percentage also very seeing. The first one that you mentioned, so say, with water grant's wishes but can be bargained with or you know, it's just moody. Sometimes it's against you, sometimes it's for you, standard chaos agent. But also it reminds me of the like the exact description of the grootslane from African mythology, which is basically a serpent that lives in the cave and water. Now that the goots line can especially be barreined with with gold and stuff like that. But you can also tell it a good story or whatever, and it sounds a little bit like the first one, but you know, it's sort it's so fire and smoke. So angels are supposed to be fire and water, so this is distinct, but they're not divine. Angels are divine. But in some of the apocrypha there are angels that have some of the attributes attributes of more chaos agents and these gin, which leads me to believe that maybe the gin we're taking the place of maybe some gods and certain pantheons, maybe they were lesser gods.
Speaker 2: Maybe not.
Speaker 1: You know, a lot of times when a religion comes into place, you sort of absorb some of what they've already got going on and just put your own name or spin on it. And maybe that happened. I don't know the order of what, you know, who came first, but you know, certainly the Greeks had tons and tons of gods, and well everyone did. But it is very interesting. But yeah, they're not they're they're immortal, but they're not they're not divine. But also there are demons in Islam, but the Gin is probably the only monster creature that I think we're going to talk about that's in the body in holy books. So gin are part of Islamic canon. So if you are a devout Muslim, you believe that that gin exists every much as well as you believe that angels exist, probably demons and of course God Allah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this one. We got a few Islamic ones on my list. But and then later when we get to golams, those are actually in two passages of the Bible, I guess. Yeah, actually, so I didn't know that. I guess that when it makes sense though, when we get to golms later, that's because they're like, that's a whole Jewish so it makes sense they'd be in the Bible, right, that's a whole like Jewish tradition.
Speaker 1: Ah, I suppose, I mean, you know, I mean the most famous golum is is sort of more of Middle Ages Renaissance, you know, within the last five hundred years. The Gollm of Prague, which is much more recent. But yeah, I mean, building something from dust or mud is as old creation stories and you know, and we only know the ones that are down and from whence they came. But you know, I mean, if you if you skip the whole lot of Adam and Eve thing being made from duster, clay, anky do in. Gilgamesh was also made from I think clay or sand, and he was basically a beast man that was tame. It was supposed to, you know, teach Gilgamesh a lesson and kill him, but instead they became best friends after Gilgamesh tamed a lankye do one with a prostitute and then with a thing versus Hulk epic fight where Gilgamesh won. But but they decided they respected each other and have much more fun together than apart.
Speaker 2: Hmm. But I jumped a little bit ahead. We got to go run back to the gin real quick, you said in a text to me and discord what is it? Corn? These are one of the quorn type gods, is it? And you had something you want to ellab rea on that and the word I was looking for earlier too. This is one of the three centennial creations along.
Speaker 1: With right right, They have thoughts of their own and I think actually you covered that really well when you describe the five motives of them and my theories, I think I touched on them a little bit. But I will say that because angels, you know, obviously the Old Testament is older than the Koran. I mean, I know that if you go to the scripture of the Christians, everything was always Christian. It's just the people didn't know they were Christian. And the Koran is the same thing. Everything was always Islam. Everyone was always Muslim, you just didn't know that you were until after the Koran was written as Gabriel or Gabriel dictated anyway. So seraphim are a class of angels, and if you talk to one hundred different people, you might get one hundred different versions of what is the seraphim and what are the different hierarchy of angels, and same with demons and what and even what seraph means. I've heard two things that it means serpent or flying serpent. I've also hear burning ones. Whichever JJ Johnson from Southern Demonology tells you is the is the correct pronuncia, correct correct definition is it? He's a multi time guest on the show. But if you go by burning ones, I think that the genner easily can easily be put into taking the Seraph the Burning One, and a lot of things the religions, especially conquering, And by conquering I don't necessarily mean by the sword. I mean sort of overtaking the region and influence. Do is they sort of take your gods and your heroes and turn them into the villains or something lesser. And so if you take the seraph, which are very powerful angels, and you turn them into you don't know, eliminate them entirely, but you turn them into something less than the memory of the people, it's still there, the stories are still there. It's something they could recognize, but now it's like it's still something to be feared and respected. But it's it's it doesn't it doesn't interfere with their their worship of the new order of things or you know what what's old is new or you know, but the the Holy Quran. So I think that the Sarah, the Burning One, part of it, is part of it. And and there's probably other gods and other pantheons that have been there as well which play into this. Also, by the way, I always talk about the show Evil and there's a there's a gin in that that peaks itself out every now and then, and it's actually a deliciously subtly juicy show. And regrettably I might have to get a Paramount Plus so I can finally see season four of it because.
Speaker 2: Netflix Comparamount Plus so I could check that out.
Speaker 1: Well, you're not me so so that doesn't help me any anyway. I'm sorry, but I have nothing else really on the genders. I think you covered a beautifully day.
Speaker 2: I just want to wrap it up real quick. I just want to get through his strengths and weaknesses and point O. One thing that I would fascinated to learn chat, maybe you would fascinate awareness shout out to the Chat. By the way, the Aladdin from Genie from Aladdin is a gin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well all genies are gin.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Aladdin that we see that has made like many sort of you know, been disnified, you know sort of.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Obviously he's not going to betray Aladdin with his wishes, you know, like he's gonna make them all good, you know, but.
Speaker 1: We did see times where Aladdin could be terrible. I mean, you know, so you know, you could easily see someone making Aladdin into more of a horror thriller kind of thing and you good. Except the deal is, once you're done with the three wishes, you're done. I mean, you're done with with the genie.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happens if your third wishes give me more wishes or turn me into something as powerful as you. Uh, and then they could go around being best friends worst enemies. Uh you know who who knows any of you? If you see a genie and you you know you don't know what to do on your last wish, try either of those things, I suppose if you're so inclined. But yeah, genies, Yeah, definitely the genie, including I dream of genie, has evolved from the gin. But obviously it's been sort of you know, made friendly made you know, as time goes on, you know you try to you know, try to scare the kids from going into the woods. And I guess as the world gets a little bit safer, you know, now you want to be so friendly and something that it's fun.
Speaker 2: M hm, So real quick. I know you touched on your strength, but I guess, because I think we've touched on these still go over. Their strengths are immense power, free will, and immortality. Like you brought up earlier mortality, unless say it's the movie is the Wish Master move, then he gets it's God, but he always comes back. His weakness is susceptibility to control and divine weakness. What would divine weakness be.
Speaker 1: Well, that they're not divine, so I imagine something that's divine could in fact smite them. The susceptibility the control is interesting because in some cases they're even susceptible to control by humans, which you know, sort of goes with the you know, the creation story of man, that sort of everything on earth is sort of our playground. You know, we're supposed to take care of it or use it as we will, which is interpreted in a thousand different ways. But you know, if they're not divine, they're arguably subject to man. It's just their powers that keep them a little bit above us. But they're not really above us. They're sort of parallel. I once had the people who point out the difference between to me between paranormal and supernatural, and paranormal is they exist with us on this plane. Supernatural is something that's above us, And well, I think that was overly simplifying things. And you know, in the strict contours of the world. They were correct, But yeah, I think I don't have much to add on.
Speaker 2: J I mean that was their final weakness. Is their their pride and hubrious hubris your ego.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's sort of your ego on checked the pride where you don't think that you can fall. Like the Greek heroes were known for their hubris, but not just them, like even Prometheus had. He was a Titan and he had hubris, and he got you know, punished by Zeus eternally. As far as we know right now, there's an eagle pecking out his liver someplace, you know, depending on which pantheon was correct. He was also a friend of Man. So I don't know what the lesson there is in that. So I guess it's my turn.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Sure, I didn't do the research.
Speaker 2: That you did.
Speaker 1: I don't apologize for it too bad. My first choice was trolls, and trolls to me, I mean, you know, I forgot about the little monsters with the with the with the don king hare. I'm not talking about the kids toys.
Speaker 2: That's that's you're not talking about the nineties or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: That's right, they'll probably be coming back again. I mean, sorry everyone, I'm sure it's several. I mean, did everyone have things hanging from there? I mean I did have kids. I mean I still have kids. They're just not children anymore, or little kids. They grew. Never mind, people understand how time works. Kevin the producer, wanted me to mention how there's internet trolls, and so the trolls sort of you know, they're sort of Germanic and Norse, Northern European, uh, you know, sort of. We have the Tolkien versions where they sort of live in the woods. They can only survive at night. The sun comes up, they turn to dark. There are also mountain trolls, so that they're associated with sort of terrain that humans don't usually live in, you know, be afraid of the dark, be afraid of nature, the perils of nature. In the movie troll they're almost like a King Kong thing, but it's almost you know, it's almost like environmental respect nature or you're going to unleash it's terrible wrath as a metaphor, but I think the most iconic trolls are sort of the trolls. They live under the bridges and they and they you know, eat goats. If they don't eat goats, they'll eat what's available to them, which might might involve people. And so, I mean, they are a boogeyman, but they're a huge boogeyman that's made up of rock and wood and bark and things that where there's no apparent weakness, and they can't be killed by normal means, or at least not that I'm aware of, unless you buy into the if you keep them out past sunrise like a vampire, they you know, I'm like burning up. They turned the stone, and then of course they're dead forever, you know, and you know they are immortalized in mountain ranges and features of that nature. But I don't know what, you know. I just thought that they were interesting because they are. Everyone uses the word troll, but they seem to be like you know, the step Child, the red Head Stott Child, the Monts there. They're barely brought up and and they've sort of remained a little bit like a you know, as a children's story, as opposed to the dijin Gin, who become both children's soyle story and religious cannon. And you know, there's never been a Disney movie about a troll. I mean there's there's movies.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, the movie I'm thinking of was the Troll You Don't want to be it. That's that's the hair the don King here. I think that was the troll movie that came out. So yeah, you're right. Oh hang on, No, wasn't there a famous eighty movie called troll.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, there's there's Troll Hunter, and then there's and then there was but like these are like Scandinavian movies, so it's like their King Kong, you know, and he's like.
Speaker 2: Troll too notoriously bad or something.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, So there was definitely a troll to like an old movie, like sort of when the leprechan movies are coming up, and then there's the one that's more recent. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was pretty bad. It was uh as a picture of control for those who are you who are on the Yeah, and even there it looks a little King congressh you know. Obviously in Lord of the Rings we had the Mountain Troll, which was, you know, sort of a mindless beast that can barely be contained even by the orcs and goblins, and it's super strong and super big but could be killed. But you know, part of the fellowship. They were also kind of magic, and you know, they had stinged the Olven weapon and there was an elf there and so like, you know, Tolkien was almost like you know, the Greek Age of Heroes and and sort of the Ananaki phase where you know, sort of the transition between when gods also walked amongst men on Earth before they sort of transitioned and turned over the rains completely to men. And you know, that's sort of the Old Testament as well. I mean it is sort of in that area though that might be considered blasphemy, but I don't care. I'm a blasphemer. I'm a heretic. What do you think about trolls?
Speaker 2: I want to know, like what if the Internet form troll really looks? Like? What are they? What are they? To pick it as? And then you said they were created out of wood and set like what were they created out? Again?
Speaker 1: Someone? But like they're made of all things that are hard and natural, like rocks and mountains and wood. I mean, there's tufts of grass and you know, but their skin is like stone and bark, and you know, they're basically they're basically a part of nature come to life and some hungry you know way, but they're but they're basically scavengers unless they need to be something else. I mean, it's like like a bear. If you if you you know, anthropomorphized the bear, you know, it could be a troll, but if you gave it like rhinoceros skin. That's that's my interpretation anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a hardened skin. But and then yeah, like I like I agree with you, like not only for like the don king here, but like I've seen trolls depicted like as friends of kids and goofy and you know, like like we're gonna get to ogres pretty soon. I feel like that's a good leading since we just did trolls when I covered. But yeah, they could be cousins. They're redheaded step children or red headed step cousins. But yes, trolls I've seen much like ogres, just get depicted in childlike manner more than in the scary manner. But now all the millennials know, not the millennials, but what do we now gen Z or whatever it's called, the social media generation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jens, well, social media to start with millennials, but uh yeah, I think we are at gen Z.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all going to associate the troll that we're thinking of troll, like Internet troll. That's that's what for some No, for some reason, that's all we're gonna think about now, isntrol?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but the patrol of someone who's lurking there to just you know, attack you. I mean it's the same metaphor. So it almost makes sense. I mean in ages past it could be a bandit, you know, you could say internet, you know, pirates. But now the troll, it's more fun.
Speaker 2: Should we go to ogres? Now?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Our ogres is are ogree as the children are called there. Yes, let me uh, it's comes from a French word.
Speaker 1: I should I should just add that there are trolls in Norse mythology. Norse story, which is i mean sort of Northern Russian, Slavic, Germanic Norse and and some Celtic mythology is extremely similar.
Speaker 2: If not identical.
Speaker 1: But yeah, ogre, Yeah, it's it's like far so yeah, French.
Speaker 2: There's a We're gonna come up with another god in the stew. The word ogre is French origin, derived from the name of the Etrucian yon e E t r U s C A M. A Truscan Etruscan okay. The of the pre Romans, okay, which are a richly polyscetic pantheon that are heavily influenced by Roman mythology. So I hang on if it was before the Oh so it was before the Romans, but the Romans make stories of them, right, I guess so? Yeah, because that confused me for a second.
Speaker 1: I don't know where the French word comes in from that. I mean, obviously the Romans, you know, occupied what they call Gaul for a long time, which is modern day France or most of it, it's not all of it. And Germania, which I think they called it Alamania or didn't know they called it Germania, but was French language. Then I suppose this I don't know, but I suppose us at least some form French.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They also appear in Greece, Greece mythology and what is it grief mythology and Norse mythology. Ogres are often known as gluttony, but so associated gluttony and I forgot to write down the definition of gluttony. What is gluttony again? A lot?
Speaker 1: It's like it's like read specific to food.
Speaker 2: Is that one of the deadly sins, or it.
Speaker 1: Sure is one of the seven Deadly sins. It's it's one of the many that I have.
Speaker 2: I know me too. Oh yes, my bad, bad gluttony. But oh yeah, it says right, so I guess I did write it. Yes, and satiable appetites. Satiable appetites, And they often get depicted in fairy tales, and they're known for being like one of their weaknesses, especially in the fairy tales, is there stupid. They come off as stupid.
Speaker 1: Trolls are pretty stupid too. I mean that's it's not you know, they can be outwitted, which is I mean, some of the gin also had that. I mean, I don't think that's that's so unusual that things can be outwitted by, you know, the divine spark of intelligence that the God has put in in humans. But yeah, ogres I think are closer to me. They're sort of like gorilla men, you know, I mean, you know, the although gorillas get a bad rap, but you know it's sort of like maybe some memory of of you know, a more primitive man. Maybe it's you know, just a myth that we always have that that something in the past was worse than we were, you know, but yeah, the ogre, you know, I mean the most famous ogre of course is Shrek, who you know, changed everything. But basically, you know, was a giant, strong, simple uh uh and I and that's sort of what ogre is. He's he's a giant. But now, like Jack and the beanstalk giant, maybe they got smaller over over time. What what what were the ogres called in Greek mythology though? What what would what were the words that were used for them or you or any of them.
Speaker 2: I didn't write it down. I just know ogre for the offspring and the ogress for the women. So yeah, I don't know the each different m Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here please, here's w here's my ogren.
Speaker 2: St I know now the movie like the new movie and Shrek he is like four or five kids now or something like there's a new one of his kids or oh yeah, we're going there, you know, well let's go.
Speaker 1: And one of the nice things about having your kids grow up is that they grow up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the same kids growing up is that they outgrow wrestling like normal people. While you haven't. I'm friends with PJ. Black, he was justin Gabe, but we know that. Yeah, that's great. Hey, we both watched Loops Underground. Say, I know exactly.
Speaker 2: Who he was.
Speaker 1: I know kids, don't you think? Doesn't that make me cool? No?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 1: It was interesting dad.
Speaker 2: And fun fact, according to my buddy's children when they were growing up, I was Shrek. So that's why I bought this Shrek doll for my buddy's daughter. I just have to give it to your still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was wondering, if you above your buddy's daughter, what are you doing with it.
Speaker 2: I haven't have yet to give it. I haven't met up with him yet to give it to him since I bought it. I bought it last of the movies.
Speaker 1: We have all bought an our gift for somebody and we're like, I sort of like to keep this, but not usually something like a Shrek doll. Were plushing them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were stelling at the movie theater because they were doing the twenty fifth anniversary re release of Shrek the first one.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, So the what are there any stories that you encountered of ogres in any of these mythologies? It doesn't matter which one.
Speaker 2: I just was fascinated that they were in seventeen fairy tales, the one being most of the associated sleeping beauty. I mean, I'm sure there's many sleeping beauties, but or no, maybe there's just one. I just take that back. Maybe there's just one sleeping beauty. But I should have known from watching Shrek, because Shrek won. That just kind of like a sleeping beauty fairy tale.
Speaker 1: Almost, yes, absolutely, And the I mean most of the fairy tales that we know come from you know, Hans Christian Anderson and the Grimm's brothers and all, you know, especially the Grimsbros. They traveled around collecting sort of fairy tales and myths and legends. And remember that book was a kid and it's not it's not kids book. I mean, what we think of fairy tales and what fairy tales meant and fairies really are entirely two different things. I mean, fairies are representing all the faith folks. They're not like all tinker bells, and tinker bells, if you know, are only one small literally and figuratively subset of the fairies that you think of, like sprites with you know, with wings, but you know, but they were they weren't horror stories. They were. They were you know, things to keep kids at home, just like you know, ring around the rosie was a way to keep kids distracted, you know, not to worry about rose petals flying through the air because they were burning the dead from the bubonic flag.
Speaker 2: Mhm, well I had something else. And oh yeah, they're also really like to be They love to use them in like Dungeons and Dragons. They were a lot of like medieval type video game. You know, they're like usually a monster you have to defeat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think most of us got our intro introduction to most of these monsters, you know, as children, probably through you know, C. S. Lewis, J R. R. Tolkien and Dungeons of Dragons.
Speaker 2: And then I didn't know this was an actual fairy tale book. Puts Some Boots that's a story he was in. I never watched Puss in Boots. I know who puts some boots is from Shrek. I never watched the standalone movie. I heard it was good.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch it either.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, well I know that you like the character though when you watch Shrek, because I'm sure you've seen the first two or three Shreks, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw the first three. Yeah, I mean listen, I just like saying Antonio be so, you know, just and I'll I will never not like him just because of the skits on Saraen Night Live where he was like leading the like Maracchi band and like he would unbutton his shirt and like the background people. No boss too, saxy too saxy. And I still sometimes find myself saying that, you know, in absurd times and no nobody gets the joke, No nobody, no nobody knows I'm talking. I can't even find the jiff anymore. They used to have it. But certain gifts get retired. It should probably tell me something, but it's just telling me people retire gifts too early. But yeah, I did see Trek one, two and three and and but you know this was was I don't know if I would have seen them on my I saw a lad and with with friends in law school. But I my kids were, you know, young children during the Shrek and they you know, they they did an age apt by the time Shrek three came. But Shrek was one of those movies that that you know, there was enough in it for adults as there were for kids.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know it was funny. That was like my grandpa watched the first Shrek. Like he really didn't watch a lot of movies that were new, but he watched Shrek and had a good time when it first came out.
Speaker 1: I mean, my favorite part not that she surprised anybody, not the name, but she cares. When snow White called all the animals and and and she started instead of singing her little happy song, she she basically sang the Immigrants song by led Zeppelin, and all the animals attacked. He attacked the castle.
Speaker 2: That that was.
Speaker 1: That was a stroke of genius. So you know, I will not not like Trek for that. I mean, the movie's got progressively, you know less.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't watch like once they hit three. I don't think I watched four or five or whatever. We're up to you now, but yeah, I didn't. I didn't even know if it was a four and five or if I did. I swiftly forgot.
Speaker 1: But listen, they kick started Eddie Murphy's second chapter second half.
Speaker 2: Oh you're telling me the adventures of Pluto Nash and help.
Speaker 1: If anything that hurt. I mean, I'm sure he got paid either way, so it helped him hopefully, with some investments in savings. But yeah where wise, No, definitely, definitely not. Yeah, I guess, oh yeah, it's my turn. So I put unicorns, and mostly because everyone thinks of unicorns as something nice and they're sort of magical and that you can grant wishes, you know, and you know, you find a unicorn, it's good luck. And this is no surprise here, this is this is not the case. And actually I think there was not I think I know this part. There was a movie maybe a year and a half ago by a twenty four called The Death of a Unicorn I think was it was Paul Yes, And I'm not saying it was a gray movie, but it was a good movie and its depiction of the unicorn was much truer to attitude attitudinally than than modern But originally it was not a beautiful month, you know monster. It didn't look like a beautiful horse and whatever. It was a terrible monster. And it probably harkens back. It probably is some sort of memory from you know men, you know who you know, megafarm or forma like the if you've ever seen a picture of the Siberian rhinoceros, not the wooly rhinoceros. But that Siberian rhinoceros, that is a that is a fantastic beast. Oh, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: May get a picture up here.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can't find when I I have a I saved the picture of it, and I think it was like my profile pick for a while. But I found that when you change your profile pick, people take all sorts of things from that and get confused and don't know who you are and think you've been hacked. So I've sort of stopped doing that. But yeah, that the And for a while I was convinced that the Siberian uh uh rhinoceros was not just the original unicorn, but that it was also behemoth, you know from the Bible, that that you know that an actual like orthodox rabbi told me killed Leviathon. But if that's the case, he was wrong or at least his I'll just call order or sect or divin denomination. Leviathon is still around. I mean the Viothon. It's like like one of God's final tasks will be to finally kill Leviathon. Like God keeps Leviathon around like the sort of you know, every now and then practices like you know, kung fu fighting skills, and sometimes it's a challenge and sometimes it's not. But you know, at the end of the day, he's just God's just playing because he's all powerful. But you know, one of his last one of his last acts. And like Jews don't really have eschatology. You know, there's no book of Revelation because the Age of Messiah hasn't occurred yet and and so then when the Age of Messiah comes, that means they'll be prophets again who will tell us about the future. But but one thing we know in the end is that one of God's final task will be finally get rid of viap on it. So I don't know where that rabbi came up with that from, but I've spoken to many people and I've learned that there's all sorts of different interpretations of Judaism. There you go, look at that thing. My goodness, oh god, if I.
Speaker 2: Didn't see that in like a video game before, because you see a lot of different animals and video games.
Speaker 1: Right, and that's a real animal. I mean, obviously that's a that's a picture. But there's one in the museum. There's you know where they stopped it. I mean, and you can see how big it is, like like a man reaching his hand up is only touching like the bottom, I don't know, quarter of of the horn, let alone not even coming close to the shoulder the hump, which is you know, just that beast. So you know that. And then everything got smaller, like you know, but still terrible, like basilisk or small dragons were small, everything, everything smaller until they got bigger. The big the bigger things were versions of people that were bigger, you know, giant cyclopses, you know, titans, whatever. That's all fun stuff. But yeah, I want to talk about the unicorn because just because it comes from a terrible route and now it's considered something fun and beautiful, And thank you to the folks at age twenty four who made a movie that actually showed that was you know, more more beasts than you know, an intelligent beast, but more beasts terrible. It should be respected and feared rather than you know, you should be trapes around for it. So I did do a show a long time ago with a woman named Nicki Anna Jones, which was not a real name, but she was you know, she was a plan in Indiana Jones, and during the course of the show she used to have her own channel. She might still I don't know, but shout out to her she does, if not to whoever the real name is, because I don't, you know, get into people's real names if they go I handle. But she said that she once saw unicorn when she was in a duncle. I think it's South America, and you know, I'd like to believer, but uh, I've never seen.
Speaker 2: A unicorn, Jeff, you gotta believe.
Speaker 4: I believe.
Speaker 1: I believe. I believe that that was the unicorn we're looking at in the middle there, and I believe that it's extinct, and I believe it did kill a lot of things, probably mostly in self defense or or you know, in some sort of rage protecting its you know, mate or cubs or whatever you calves, whatever you call a baby wooly rhinoceros.
Speaker 2: Some guess in uh, in that death of the unicorn, this is all cgi right, like they didn't get a real horse, and like strap a thing on the sand or how much is a unicorn even in that? Well, I guess we'll be getting spoilers, so maybe we shouldn't.
Speaker 1: A fair amount whether a CG or not. I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know the answer to that question. I'm not a cinophile, so I'm like, you know, you probably need to talk to the folks at the spitball media to find out those kinds of answers.
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I probably know when I see it, and I probably while I saw it. But it's it's I was whatever it was, it was, it was good. It looked like that there were animals right there. I mean, it didn't look like a you know, a video game or animation, but there, you know, but they were sort of magical, but they were they were grounded. So if it didn't look one hundred percent realistic, that wasn't going to bother me, because you're not supposed to be, you know, just a horse or just a zebra.
Speaker 2: I uh, You're one of the few people I've heard actually talked positive about that movie, though they got panned when it came out. I heard not a lot of people really liked it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. There there are certain things. Listen, I'm famously picky. I famously hate a lot of things or dislike a lot of things that a lot of people love, but there are things I also strangely liked that that. Like, for instance, I think Wyat is brilliant, and I thought Tombstone was average. So I mean, that's got to be something like ninety seven to three against me. So you know, listen, I'm not a w Sickoh, I understand reality. I understand when I'm in the minority or something. So yeah, but I wasn't expecting anything. And I watched it at home, so you know, I got HBO Max with my HBO, so I didn't pay anything for it, so all of that plays in. I also didn't think Suicide Scott Squad was a bad movie. I didn't think it was a great movie, but I think it was a bad movie.
Speaker 2: I didn't mind either. Yeah, I really liked the first one. I don't know why they got I liked it better than the second. People see the second more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I didn't hate the second one, but I didn't think it was anything specially. I'm not a big fan of I mean, there have been James Gunn things that have been like Guardians of the Galaxy one is like a perfect movie. It's fantastic, but like, and I don't know, I'm sure he's done other things, but most of the things he've done, like, yeah, like I didn't get very excited when he took over from Zack Snyder. James Gun's not somebody that excites me. M. But he's not a mythological creature. So that's all I had on unicorns. I don't know if you wanted to add anything to it or if you wanted to move on to.
Speaker 2: Your h I guess again, they like to depict them on a lot of child stuff, like what you got, bronis you know, that's the that's the fan of my little pony. What do you call it? My little pony?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there are unicorns, I think in the in the universe. And then unicorn, No Pegasus unicorn. Pegasus was just a winged horse, but a lot of times the people combined the two to sort of make a wing unicorn. And that's that's a nice thing about mythical creatures and timeras you can sort of mix and matches as you like because there's there's no rules, don't It doesn't have to be any biological, uh internal logic. They're they're magic, they're they're you know, they're they're from an age when you know, gods made what they want or or they were. They were formed at the same time of God, so the rules of physics and things don't apply.
Speaker 2: Side note.
Speaker 1: There's an author named Adrian Tchaikowsky who writes science fiction books. I'm not going to tell you that they're easy reads. I'm not going to tell you that every one of them is fantastic. But the way this man thinks about life, how it could evolve, how it could develop consciousness, how you can have the plurality of group thinking turning into uniform thinking, sharing information, different types of evolution. It is unbelievable, and I would say it's worth reading his books for that alone. I will say this Children of Time was a fantastic book, and the second one, which I don't remember the name, was also really good. The third one so I felt a little bit like an episode of Star Trek. But then when he wrote a fourth one, it became evident why it was so important. And he claims he was never planning to write sequels, but now I think it's sort of like one of these never ending things. In any event. Uh, that's just a little side note. If you want to try to figure out things actually could develop with there being rules of physics and science and logic behind them. I don't think there's anyone out there that's more creative and thinks more deeply about it and writes it in a way that you know you can understand better than he does. And it is he. He's British, but you know, you know, and has the last name of one of my favorite classical composers. So there's that also. Ah, so some bias in there probably Well, no, if I hated his book, I wouldn't mention it.
Speaker 2: But now we're probably getting to the horniest one on our list. Nice satyrs.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, they are horny.
Speaker 2: Or no also known as Selenius or sells.
Speaker 1: Sell or rams fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I do not drink wine and I do not. I can't say the R word and here so they but wines with great That's what they tend to do to women. And they've always been depicted, uh with the direction most well not always. I guess we will get to the part their their childlike and some like fairy tales and other things like you've seen. Say, I don't know if you've ever watched the one in the watch in the wardrobe or read the book both Yeah. Uh, the one that befriended Lucy. That was a sayter right, m yeah pretty sure.
Speaker 1: It was almost like her guide, almost like her psychopomp.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Once I heard like what they do to women and stuff, I kind of like thought bad about them, Like thank god they didn't go there, like.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know what this is your second let me.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay. They're also known as a spirit male nature spirit with ears and tails that resemble a horse. Even though as things go further along and uh, these tales of them, they start being known more goat like, they get more goat like features, they start getting goat horns and goat and goat noses stuff like that. And again they love their wine and let me flip over. They love wine. They love wine, music, dancing, and women. They were companions of the god. There's another word I'm gonna butcher dionysis. It's d n the dionysis.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you can say Bacchus the Roman version, it's easier.
Speaker 2: But she was the god or she or he was the god of wine, vegetation, fertility, festivity, madness, religious ecstasy, and theater.
Speaker 1: Often called.
Speaker 2: Often called what party Jesus party, but yes, that another thing I found out that I didn't know too much about where they have a lot of plays to pick it after him, So I guess that's what the theater the Yeah. Yeah, And they were also they're also to believed to roames such little sorry I getting. They were also believed to roam such the remote locations as woodlands, mountains, and pastures. Uh. They try to seduce nymphs in mortal women. What are nymphs.
Speaker 1: Nymphs are are female creatures of nature that that sort of are the embodiment of sort of like streams and brooks and and like other like woodland elements but like trees and flowers and like, you know, they're sort of like less lesser god goddesses. I would say they're more divine than the gin, but maybe more akin to it. But nymphs are also sort of they're also sort of all a lot of id you know, so like the state of nature is constant procreation to try to survive, which tells you a little bit about why the saturn is like the saturn. It's hees the male d and the nymph is sort of like the female it. I believe Achilles' mother was a nymph, but she might have been a goddess. I don't know. There's I get confused because some goddesses are nymphs and not all goddesses, and not all nymphs are created equal. And again these stories change over time. But yeah, I mean, listen, if you live in the woods, you're gonna find a lot of wood spirits, you know, and and some of them renemps. And if you're a horny guy, you're looking for a horny girl. It's sort of like, you know, if it's the nineties, you know you're gonna go to the Jersey Shore.
Speaker 2: You're go to the club.
Speaker 1: Club.
Speaker 2: What did Don Tony used to call those people cardboard cutout gangsters?
Speaker 1: Don't don't invoke his name on my show. Hey, he gave he gave us Kevin Castle.
Speaker 2: He did. And then, like I was bringing up later on, they became more human like.
Speaker 1: And I should have finish that thought. So we're thankful for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alright, p C absolutely their characteristics. Uh, okay, this is weird. I gotta make sure I'm up to read this ship making sure. Okay, characteristics. After confrontations with Pans and Pans, Okay, so they started to betraying human and got like form after having a conflict with the Pants, and it says Pans are the god of nature, the wild shepherds and the flocks and the mountain wilds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Pan, I think, I mean, I think at this point Pan has become interchangeable with a Sadder. But Pan was sort of different. I'm not exactly sure on the how, but yeah, Pan a god Sadders not exactly God's but again sort of like the Gin, sort of like an immortal creature, but definitely one that interacted with human and gods alike.
Speaker 2: And then they often appear in works of fantasy and children's literature, like I brought up the Lion, the Witch in the Wardrobe and one time he the There was an episode of Celebrity Death Match. I'm sure you know Celebrity death Match. Jeff people in the chat or they were chime traveling to get they were trying time traveling to get Debbie Matt Nopolis back from Napoleon and they ended up in Roman times and there was a sader and Nick Diamond had to fight a satyr and they totally depict it as what it was, horny and was drunk on wine and but Nick beat it.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, drunk goats are you know, I guess easier to fight than a nun. Drunk goats goats are me, but they can anger goat, Yeah, an angry goat. Yeah, goats. So the whole thing is sort of interesting because I mean, you know, everyone you know, goats demonicas. They've got those weird eyes and you know, who knows why the eyes evolved that way, but it's it's obviously been successful because there's you know whatever, you know, three thousand different kinds of goats, and you know, and the other unchulits with those kinds of including rams though I don't think their eyes are like that. But like, we have to take ourselves back thousands of years. So, horses weren't domesticated until like ten thousand years ago. As a tool, they were, they were game animal, they were they were hunted cattle probably a little bit later than that. You probably needed the horses to be able to have any more than than than some cattle, and they were wild cattle as well. Goats, however, goats were the original animal that we could domesticate for food and use sheep, you know, for clothes and you know, skins and and you know, and.
Speaker 2: You like goat milk, you found a goat milk or goat cheese or.
Speaker 1: I have had goat cheese. I like, I can't say that that if I've had goat mill that I liked it. I mean dogs, it's arguable whether we domesticate them or they domesticated us, but dovesticated me. But having goats that was wealth. So when you think about shepherds in like the biblical era and the pre biblical ere you're thinking about like people now that you know in Afghanistan sort of taking like you know, twenty goats across the street and cars have to wait for them and they wander, you know, in their shredded, tattered robes with a walking stick, you know, bent over. That wasn't then that that was wealth. That was like that was like you had the Yellowstone ranch with all the property taxes, so you know, and they were promiscuous animals, which is part of the success of them, I mean, especially once they were domesticated. You know, part of what the shepherd did and the dogs did is to keep them safe from wolves. So so yeah, these animals are always fucking. But these animals are always fucking because you know, three out of four of them aren't going to make it. You know, two year five is to be taken out by foxes and wolves and you know, cougars and lions, tigers and bears, and they were far more of those things then the plus you.
Speaker 2: Know, they get, I want to be taken out by a cougar. Don't you want to be taking maybe you are taken out by a cougar.
Speaker 1: Well, back then it wasn't even cougar. There were full blown lions that would take them out, so you know, things wherever. So anyway, the whole horn thing was sort of come from that stuf. I mean, that's where the word horny comes from, is the satyrs. But meanwhile, the like bowl was like the strongest thing. So by the time we got around to you know, bulls were on domesticatable, so that by the time the men domesticated cattle, the bulls were like that was the ultimate sign of wells because you know, they're much bigger. And where am I going with this? The Sumerian gods were all originally predicted depicted with horns on their heads. It was like it was a crown. And of course through Sumerian gods we can in the Babylonian and then at some point, you know, they became the bad guys and the defeated, and so anything with horn not you know, sort of turned into something bad. And then we have these wood nymphs. You know, they're they're they're busy having sex. So horny bad, devil, bad, Satan baduh. You know, so this is you know, theater, you know, all all this is you know, sort of bad influences on people, and you know, you know, but it got to the point where you know that that's why people were sacrificing goats because they were valuable. You weren't sacrificing, you know, just a silly little animal that you have an apenian, so you were you were sacrificing the big part of your wealth and your future wealth because goats you got other goats. So it was sort of a big deal where belly goat. But the main part was was that the oldest gods that we have images of, uh. You know that that sort of led to maybe all of the other odds that survived today had horns on their heads as as a depiction of their godliness, that they were stronger than men. They had the horns, and so it's it's easy to see why again, the the strong becomes the anti of whatever it is. The you know, the Temple of you know, the the Temple of Babylon, the gardens, the palace becomes the Tower of babyl you know, a bad thing. And you know, in the original story where u sacrifice was given to the god, the you know, the Babylonian god picked the pastoral gifts of the of the of the seed and the grain, not the meat. In canaan abel uh yahweh picked pick, picked the meat and rejected Caine in which you know, drove caine bananas. So it's but like a lot of these stories, like you sort of reverse the roles or the outcome, the story is the same, and the horn is just one of those things. Ironically, for the Jews, that the because of a depiction of Moses with a halo, which you know often was depicted as sun rays coming out of your head, basically like the Statue of Liberty. I mean, it was depicted as horns, and then that became a you know trope that Jews have horns, which still exists today. So back to the Samarians and back to the Saturn.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I guess it's the close it up real quick. This one I found it was interesting, uh, pre pre Islamic or the so sorry, they often been compared to the Gin for the pre alogue pre Islamic Arabia era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot a lot of these things. I think the nymphs also, I'm gonna saying a lot of these things that are semi divine but also immortal, that can that that can interact with people. They represent different things, and I think that they get conscripted into into different roles and different names, and you put a little spin on it. I mean, you know in Arabia they're you know, less forests than there are sand and water and and you know sandstorms and fire and electricity and static electricity.
Speaker 2: And it's not just uh it's not just like a sand dens are likely to pick it just trees and sand.
Speaker 1: And well there's a coast. I mean there's a pretty there's yeah, I mean you know there's two. There's there's one on the Red Sea, and there's and then and there's one on you know, the Gulf of Oman and the straight upom Moves and the Persian Gulf. So I mean they're there and then the Indian Ocean there below as well, so there are coasts and the climate was very different, you know, uh, you know, even even five six, seven thousand years go. And yeah, climate doesn't change overnight usually unless like you know, tons of volcanoes erupt or meteor strikes. How does well, I mean, you know, I don't think he told us that it was going to happen anytime now. I think he accelerated the time by a few decades. But you know, who knows. Maybe we'll take our way out of that different com of dudes.
Speaker 2: One closing thought before we get to your next subject. I found it funny you do. In my research, they had a depicted picture of a satyr from five hundred BC, and he had a full erection and he had a wine cup sitting on top of the erection.
Speaker 1: Damn right, very you know, very very useful to these These creatures had very specific and they were with the Dionysius, who is about you know, fun and free love. I mean it's sort of like a sort of like a hippie but hey, but he was also about peace. And Dionysius was only sometimes part of the Twelve Olympians, not always welcome, which is why he was always wandering around having having good times and you know, sharing his thoughts, which some people call wisdom. Some people compared him to you know, sort of like Toath or you know, you know, but he's he's sort.
Speaker 4: Of a less less a low key chaos agents and more you know, let's all, let's all be cool and have a good time kind of kind of agent.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think, what's your thoughts about religious ecstasy? I don't know, that word just seems funny. The god the religious ecstasy, you only have a religious horniness or you're at tracking religious people don't What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I would say that ecstasy is not necessarily sexual. I mean that that is maybe the simplest form of I mean, ecstatic states are what the profits and what oracles were said to be in sort of one where you can't control your body because something else is entered into you. And so religious would mean that something divine has entered into you, you know, as opposed to that you you know, you know, achieved a climax with someone that you wanted to achieve a climax with, even if that person is yourself. So yeah, I think, really, you know, I think the way we use ecstasy is maybe a little bit different, but I think it's about a spiritual awakening. There's and there's a lot of time into psychedelics and sort of lose you know, sort of you know, getting into that higher realm of being able to reach reality or see spheres of reality, or you know, seeing God, seeing the supernatural scene beyond the matrix, whatever. A lot of that is helped by psychedelics mushrooms. Remember, wine and beer and things like that were a lot stronger than they are now.
Speaker 2: The wine was made way more fermented about when too.
Speaker 1: For sure, and in fact, the reason why people one of the reasons why people drank wine beer so often and water it down was to develop a tolerance for it so that when they wanted to party, they they really got it on.
Speaker 2: They could they could, you know, drink like her baby. I could drink my light beers, my woggers and stuff. But it comes to those I pas or those dark beers or those stouts, those true beers, like I can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: I I famously prefer not to drink beer if I I mean, I will, but it's I can't drink enough beers to well I probably could now because I drink so infrequently and probably a lightweight. But one of the things I'm snooty about is liquor and and but I'm but I'm also, like I said, a lightweight because I drink like maybe twice a year. So it's so I'm actually I'm an expensive date, but I'm a cheap expensive date on that, like the like the two drinks will be expensive. But that's all all, That's all I'll take, all right. My next was The wind to Go, and mostly because the Wendy Go has turned into sort of like almost like a werewolf with ear antlers and you know, that kind of thing, and that's not what it was. The Wendigo was. So it's origins, at least with the word Wendigo is from the northwest North America, which probably means it also traveled from Siberia. But the legend is that it was a bunch of Native Americans or First Nations, whichever phrase you prefer, who got lost, you know, or or were trapped in the mountains, you know, on a hunting party and they ended up having to they ate each other like real life. They got into cannibalism, and because that is taboo was taboo. It's too pretty much everywhere except a few places and a few cultures. You know, the bad guys are always cannibals, and the bad guys are also eating babies, stealing and eating babies. Those those are you know, and and all id. So they got transformed into creatures that could never die. They could never be satisfied. They were rapacious gluttony, but but they could never be full. And they were not like were wolves with antlers. They were more like what you saw the figures. They were like trying to squeeze out of the wall and pain Floyd the wall, or like Edwards. As far as this the screen, they were almost like slender Man. They were long, emaciated, stretched out people, skeletal, you could barely distinguish human features. But they were you know, two eyes a place where there was a nose out, and they would well and and and they could only be satisfied by eating human meat. But they could never be satisfied. They were so they but so it was a constant quest.
Speaker 2: To do they have brain William syndrome.
Speaker 1: They were cursed. It was an eternal damnation. But the damnation was also would befall any you know wayward, you know, the soul they would encounter them. So the lesson is it's not about you know, good or bad. You you can suffer the fate no matter what, just by being unlucky, which is sort of true in life. But you know, if you want to come out like this, then you know, eat people. If you don't want to come out like this, don't eat people. Other bad things, you know, and you know, so no cannibalism, no good. You know, eat grass, eat tree, bark, do whatever, or or suffer in silence and and you know, die a noble death, but don't eat people. It was it was Itali against cannibalism basically, and the curse of you know, because even because even when they were eating, they were looking for their next meal, and their next meals were twenty four seven, three hundred and sixty five. You know, keep doing the math.
Speaker 2: It's like an alcoholic with a beer, like I'm looking forward to my next beer. I need.
Speaker 1: You've been mentioned beer a lot this show. I'm not worried about you live beers are not.
Speaker 2: No. I haven't had a beer today though I think.
Speaker 1: You're on the West coast. It's it's more, it's am where you are. I'm glad you didn't have a beer yet today. My goodness, you need to do I'm gonna need to call the other Jack to do an intervention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is nothing Native American, because I swear, like what I used to hear about winding I thought, this is there like a windygo tribe or maybe that's like something totally different.
Speaker 1: Probably not entirely different. I mean, there are a lot of different tribes, and I know the nations peoples with lots of different words, and and then sure there's ones. I mean, of course there's a Winnebago. I went to a camp called Winak, so there's.
Speaker 2: You educated me a little bit because yeah, I just needed to pick because I played this game called Until Dawn, and the Windy Goes were after you in that game, trying to kill you and you're trying to survive. So and it's like you said, they depict them with the horns and the you know, but they're like.
Speaker 1: They're like zombies, are our current zombies, which again I use the word revenance a lot because there's a lot of creatures that could fall under revenants. But basically they're undead and hungry and they're they're trying to kill you for what for one reason or another or one's.
Speaker 2: Just like a zombie too, like what they depict zombies. And they never get full either, right, they just got.
Speaker 1: To eat and eat you need exactly right. So yeah, they're they're they're og zombies, I suppose.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a vampire ever gets four on blood or doesn't always needs its blood.
Speaker 1: Well, the vampire. I don't know if the vampire is on your list or not, but no, vampires, the modern version of a vampire can can be satiated for a period of time, and that period of time depends and you know, now they can you know, also touch on as they sleep for centuries or whatever. The original whatever original vampire was, it was a slow morphane. And I've done shows on the vampires with my good friend see the Superior. We did two shows on vampires, one in literature and one elsewhere. But I would argue that the original descriptions of vampire is indecipherable. From the from a skin walker, from a revenant, from a witch, uh, and from a zombie. They all sort of were the same thing that slowly became different things. Yeah, and then and which and whichever culture was doing some involved. There's lots of creatures that that were bloodsuckers that have now been you know, cast as part of the vampire family tree. But I mean some of there's like there's like no connection in you know, to China, in in like you know, uh, you know, to what was happy on and say central Europe. But I don't know, maybe somewhere there was there was a route. I'm always amenable to that. I'm just not particularly amenable to the Graham Hancock notion that it was from Atlantis. I am more of amenable to the von Danigan that it was Aliens, because you know, aliens wre make more sense to me than some super cult super society. But again, I like Wyatt more than Tombstone. So what do I know.
Speaker 2: We all got likes, you know, we all got a different instance, Like.
Speaker 1: If you're watching, give us some likes, give a share, please give a subscribe, tell your friends. Here on the Sports Jedi Network and right now Sports Eda Media Network, there's lots of stuff. It's not just Garden. I thought there's tons of wrestling content. One day night I do the MLW files with my best friend mister Thomas firstwhile of MLW wrestling. So we have an insider and the godfather of the Boy Fight Club, Kevin and I who's Kevin's the producers in the background. We're going to start doing an NXT review show, and I do a show called Adam Character, which has sort of taken over the book a Black Gospel of Thomas, and it's expanded from just talking to people in wrestling is also in entertainment. So we did a show with Annie Pacifico, wrestler who's been in lots of horror movies with one of his colleagues co workers, actress Amber Brook, and she's going to come back on the Garden of Thought. And this week we have a gentleman coming on, Matt Pravenza, who's working on a moving out but he's also worked on Terrifyer and stuff like that. So lots of fun stuff going on there. And I haven't given up on the wrestler stuff, and I haven't given up on PJ. I mean total side story. But PJ is like trying to get me to go within to Costa Rica, and I don't think I can really afford to go to Coasta Ricaca stuff. Yeah, uh, no, no, there's nothing to do with that. I would love to go with gender morehall. I also don't know, being who I am, that I can afford not to go just because like it's a story for the rest of my life, because like some of the boys are going, I don't know who the boys are. And I think that the first definition of not being one of the boys is that you don't ask who the other boys are. But apparently there's a test, there's a vetting test, so the the shaman has to pass you first. So I have not yet spoken to the shaman, so like the shaman may not pass me. No, it's not. It's like a shaman of like psychedelics, I would imagine, and spiritual enlightenment and and and you know, and helping me reach my spiritual awakening potential.
Speaker 2: Is it all right if I do some plugs at the end.
Speaker 4: Of the baby.
Speaker 1: The end of the show, do you listen to the show? This is a free plug zone. And I plugged you in the beginning as well, didn't I just don't know.
Speaker 2: I got I gotta I got a list of people I gotta plug.
Speaker 1: No, no, we're not plugging every show. You plug your own show.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on there. Some of them are like, are friends with us? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yea yeah, when when they have me on their shows, I plugged their shows, so they have your show, right, and I plugged them, And I've gone on their shows and they plugged me. That that's how it works. I don't need to list every goddamn show all day.
Speaker 2: Shout out today, listen, you.
Speaker 1: Just you just stick to hear the the three creatures here, we're done with Wendy goes right.
Speaker 2: No, I did a bad thing on the list. I only did four because when I was gonna do five, I crossed up genies, so I only did four. But okay, we're doing good with this.
Speaker 1: Well, what's your fourth?
Speaker 2: Golm uh huh, cool, let's go. Let's go, Yes, golum baby, this was probably shows. All your plugs are plugs.
Speaker 1: We're both part of the Wrestling super.
Speaker 2: Universe, hey, but only one of us is part of the actual Wrestling Soup Network.
Speaker 1: So I have no control over that.
Speaker 2: I just busted balls and.
Speaker 1: I and I assure you that's that's more because of Lou than it is because of me. Yeah, I mean one of us was. It was the wrestler for twenty six years one of us sat on our ass most of our lives. Guess who's who? Sorry?
Speaker 2: The Golan is a creature formed out of a lifeless substance such as dirt, dust, dirt or mud, and it says also or earth. So I guess anything anything from the earth, just as long as it's lifeless. But art, I guess it couldn't be plants and stuff, because that's what plants have life, So you have to stick to the dirt and mud.
Speaker 1: Is the swamp thing of golem. I mean, this is an interesting philosophical arc debate we could have.
Speaker 2: Ah this, I was kind of fascinating thinking about that. Yeah, because when because there's two or three different golems, and the one that I was most associated with is the one from that famous German silent horror film from the nineteen fifteen and nineteen twenties. You did a series of three of them. You know that Golan film I'm talking about is a silent you could watch for free on YouTube if but he is curious, have you ever heard of a movie called Golan from the nineteenth from nineteen fifteen?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, sir.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh, it's basically uh so you get. So this guy resurrects from an amulet. He resurrects a golm, and the goldam falls in love with his daughter. I think it is. I think it was his daughter who was like a friend or something. And when the woman refuses to return the love to the golam, he just goes on like a murderous rampage. But it's a silent film, so okay, Well, I mean, like I'm curious to see those one day. Like most Faratu and Golden, like, you know, silent films had their time. You know, it's gotta be a little patient with them.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's interesting that golams are made of something that that's considered dead. It's not alive. However, Adam and Eve were made from things, or at least Adam was made from I think it's clay or dust. Yeah, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I was mentioned in the research that I was doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean in Norse, it was Elbe and asked were the first people? And they were made out of driftwood, so by by Odin and his two brothers. It's actually that that story is pretty funny because Odin just makes them. But basically, like a statues, He's like eh, and then he gets bored and walks off. One of his brothers I forgot their names, then gives them sort of sentience or gives them the ability to move around, and he and he gets bored and walks off, and then the third brothers like, oh, that better make them think, and so the third brother give they really think and walks out. But also made of driftwood, and in the in the Sumerian or Babylonian, I mean, I think it's largely the same. So they were higher gods and lower gods, which is nothing unusual at all. And at some point the lower gods were working for the high gods, and the lower gods are like, we're tired.
Speaker 2: Of doing this.
Speaker 1: So the how god said, fair enough, you know you've done the hard work. You've built mountains and you old seas and things like that, So how about this, why don't you make even another lower class of gods, which they did, and they would called the gig or a geggy. It was eg e g I, and they revaulted at some point after they're like, we don't want to do this, like, fine, make something else. So basically out of dirt and clay and whatever. They made humans to serve the gods and or Dirk, right, and of course they made Dirk, of course, who still lives amongst us today, who may in fact be the last remaining Gollum. He might be the king of the Gollums for all we know. Of course, Gollum the name in Tolkien, No, I mean, maybe there's a relationship to the name, but there's no relationship in the character. And yeah, gollums are basically Frankenstein's but not made out of dead organic materials. They're made out of inorganic materials and rose to you know, Gollum of prop was there to defend the Jewish people in the Jewishetto from from their enemies. And the interesting thing about the Gollum of Prague was on I'll just say his head. I guess it's a hey was the Hebrew word for either truth or death, and I can't remember which one it is. It's sort of important because when you when you erased the first letter and you cook because he's made of mud or whatever, and you could you could erased the word and when you raise the first letter, if it was death, now it became truth. If it was truth, then it became death. So I'm going to guess that it was truth and then you erased it and death and then you know, sort of like the fiend with his you know, heal and hert gloves, you know, or how I wanted them to be that once you unleash the death mode in the gollum, that enacted the death. But I'm not sure if I have that right. But I know the part about the letters, I just don't know which was the word before you wiped off the first letter. But I thought that was a very interesting thing, and that doesn't you know, And you know, I don't know if the origin came from people recognize that the Hebrew words that you could do that, or if the legend predated that, because I mean, Hebrew is a very old language, and the Hebrew we know now is not, you know, old Hebrew, and that's not proto Hebrew, and you know, proto Hebrew actually took the their alphabet from Aramaic, which is even older, which is weird. Side note about Aramaic. Aramaic was one of the most used languages of the time. But the interesting thing is Aramic was not the language of the conquerors. It was the language of the conquered. So while the Akkadians and the Babylonians and the Persians and even the Israelites and all sorts of other people, the Assyrians hip flights were conquerors. Aramaic, the langue was the lingua franca of the people, So it's interesting that that's the language that survived, you know. Anyway, that's my little interesting Arabics. I not, but I don't have much else to add about the Gollum except the people often.
Speaker 2: So I got a bunch.
Speaker 1: But Frank I was the man playing god. This was sort of like Jewish mystical magic, like c k at the end, but I'm not but that's more Kabbalistic, which is more like Middle Ages, like you know, tenth century CE to thirteenth century CE and going forward. Obviously, if it's written in the Bible, it was older than that. So I'm not sure if it's a magical thing or it's a God did it thing.
Speaker 2: When s creatures are always brought together by rituals and letters.
Speaker 1: Well that sounds like magic to me.
Speaker 2: Give a nation, so yeah, you gotta, and that's how it summon and it becomes a helper or a companion and or a rescue of an imperial Jewish community. Originally, creating a golden was a scene as a way to get closer to God. That's why people were doing it. Well, not everybody was doing it, but they were doing it. They're in two verses of the Bible Psalms Psalm one thirty nine. And I didn't write down these verses, by the way, but in a I'm prepared, I know ship. I only wrote freaking almost six pages of notes.
Speaker 1: It's someday and I write a singer Psalm come on.
Speaker 2: And he's also in perky avat five five point nine or five er. How do you say this word? It's p I P I r K E I I and then of a V O T and then five nine.
Speaker 1: The five.
Speaker 2: I should have wrote him down because anyone in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll go a perky at. That's I'm sure somewhere that someone out there knows what it is. I am not that someone.
Speaker 2: Yes, And he was also okay. This is another reason why I think I only know there's more the version of Golam that looks like stone because of the movie is the silent movie. And then I don't know if you ever saw the Treehouse a horror episode where they Barre had a golm. I think it was Bart had a.
Speaker 1: Gold Okay, so like like a lot of us. I I mean to me, a golam is somewhere between the Sandman from Spider Man when he's in a human form and the thing from the Fantastic Floor.
Speaker 2: That's a good way of putting it. Yeah, it's definitely a good way of put it, for sure. And then it seems they also have the Gin like qualities or no that gin, but like Genie like qualities where they have to be subservient to whoever summons them.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, they definitely serve their master, sort of like the the whether the Sorcerer's Apprentice. I mean that that's it's sort of the same. So Frankenstein as that story, the Galama is that story. It's it's like, you know, when when you when you screw with magic, when you play with magic, you better know what you're doing because if you don't, it's it's it's it's more powerful, you know, letting loose power 'es basically the theme of the movie Oppenheimer as well.
Speaker 2: No great movie. You stn't seen that, By the way, home. How do you know that? Byselvin's seen it because we were movie talk when Halt Richard Holiday put up a post about Christopher Nolan movies.
Speaker 1: It was weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to remember it.
Speaker 1: By the way, Richard Holiday, who refuses to interact with me even though he did a few years ago, because I used to give him grief. He used to call himself the solbro prietor, and I'm like, and you know his his his whole thing is that my father lawyer. And they're like he would always say my attorney and they're like, it's your dad. He's like my father lawyer that was, And he called himself the solber prietor. I'm like, why your father lawyer would be very disappointed. You should be an LLC, should be a limited liability coming now a solid proprietorship. Why would you want this liability? He's like, He's like, sole proprietor is more marketable. And I'm thinking to myself, why sol proprietor more marketable than LLC or limited liability? Limited liability? Richard Holiday sounds better than soul proprietor. Richard Holiday. But anyway, rumor has it that he might be signed by W W E. So clearly he knows better than I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just watch out for that id stuff because.
Speaker 1: Richard, I remember you. I remember you when.
Speaker 2: Jeff Canna before they were famous.
Speaker 1: Right, so many people I've been left in the dust by so many people.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: And you know what, when they fall back down again, you know who they're gonna remember properly.
Speaker 2: Well, see, it only took one for me. I wasn't gonna go through that again. I was like one done here. You have way more patience than I do.
Speaker 1: Jeff, No, Sean, I mean I do not. I don't have more patient Well I do you have, some Russians? So I have an.
Speaker 2: I have an.
Speaker 1: I have an endless repositor or reservoir for suffering. But the other thing about me is that I don't learn from my mistakes uniformly because I also suffer from hubris, and I don't think it's gonna happen to me, even though many variations of it has happened to me and continue to happen to me. So basically, I'm an idiot.
Speaker 2: So you're goutting for punishment, as they say.
Speaker 1: Except I hate punishment. But yeah, I'm self destructive.
Speaker 2: You know, you're that dog that gets but keeps coming back.
Speaker 1: As Tony Soprano said to doctor Melfie, are all our own worst enemy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, don't even get me started on doctor Milfie. Oh hey, no, hey.
Speaker 1: My bad. Back to Gollums.
Speaker 2: I've been running through sopranos lately. By the So, we have a gold. We have a Polish version of the Golum that was uh, it's called the golll c h E l c h E l M made of I wish, but it was summoned by Elijahell.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, that's not Elijah the Prophet, a different Elijah.
Speaker 2: And it's not walk with Elijah from TNA either.
Speaker 1: No, no, certainly not not Elijah Burke the Pope.
Speaker 2: The Angelo de Niro. And then this one I didn't uh oh, this one you kind of covered the Gold of Prague. It's a praguer Prague. I think you said pro.
Speaker 1: It's but go ahead and say say what you have this You probably you actually took notes on it.
Speaker 2: I'm just going from well, just basically I wrote down it was created down of clay in the Batavian the bit of Batavian beat no v I t a v a bit of Van River, which is one of the last. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The only reason I know that is because I got it wrong on a trivia question today last night on YouTube. I thought it was.
Speaker 2: So it's a two hundred This is this blew my mind because I didn't know. But the two hundred and sixty eight mile long river.
Speaker 1: There's a lot that. There's a lot of rivers in Europe. That's why there's all these cities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I go. I was talking to my buddy yesterday. I was like, I'm so jealous, like of Europe and other countries, like yeah, we got oh yeah, cool, we got what the Empire state Building and the Statue of Liberty and like all this thing over there. They got freaking cathedrals and freaking like things in the brounds. Is the the fifteen hundreds of sixteen hundreds even before then, like a stuff that hasn't been touched.
Speaker 1: Well so well, so to wait, it's just you have to go to Hope Well and Cahokia and places like that to see what what are trivially called the mounds, but they're not mounds. They're they're giant earthworks. They're basically pyramids. Yeah, so we have lots of cool stuff here as well. And if you just go down to Meso American South America, you got Taylor Teklon and and all and Macha Pico and just like there's there's so much stuff down there. So every place has its stuff. But yeah, obviously in Europe there's more things. They're near and dear to our hearts because we were raised on European history, so.
Speaker 2: You know, and you know, brothers of Europe. Right now, you got to spend a week in you have to spend a week in Paris, and then you got to do two weeks in Armenia.
Speaker 1: All right, very cool, all right, so what well, there's the little problem the Gola of Chiulm do.
Speaker 2: I wish I knew what the Golam did and I stopped by us for some reason. Why did I do that? Jeff?
Speaker 1: You fell asleep. It's all the beer.
Speaker 2: No, I can't drink this early, like you said, Well, I don't know when you took the notes. Yeah, yeah, oh that is that is good. Well these notes I saved Golm for last, so these were last, and that's why these ones have a little bit less. But I will close and say that they have appeared in sixteen works of TV and movies, including like I said, Simpsons, they have their own movie silent movies. And then about set fifteen works of literature. And then this was an interesting note. I found the creators of Marvel. The comic guy's Jack Kirby and the other guy like it on his name actually said captain America is a form. It's like his own. It is like a Golan. He's like a Golan. He said.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean.
Speaker 2: They didn't get into detail the like what I saw and was like a little reference, So they I didn't get. Maybe maybe they went in a deeper detail as to why I just saw a very little short answer.
Speaker 1: Okay, creature of man, I suppose. I mean they were both Jews, so they were probably uh, you know, influenced by you know, the Jewish superhero or or you know the Gollum. Yeah, Samson wasn't available, you know, sort of Jewish hercules as sleeping with the enemy. Literally all right, all right, since you went to four and I went to six, I'm gonna do short on my fifth, which is cracking. And I mostly picked cracking for one reason because most people know tracking from the class of the or class of the Titans movies uh which are Greek mythology. The cracking is by no means from Greek mythology. They imported the kracking from Norse mythology and Northern European mythologies. The kraken is a giant squid. It's not like, you know that the sort of beasts that they made. The only similarity is is that lives in water, and that it has sort of the beak, which is what an archatucis has, which you know, you know, giant squid, squids have beaks, you know, with with you know, their version of so you know. Also the kraken and was the Sigal and then the spirit animal of the the Iron Islands in Game of Thrones where theon gray Joy was from. They would say, you know, their whole thing was, yeah, that which is dead could not cannot be killed, you know, so sort of a little immortality thing there as well. And of course the sigal was the with the tentacles going in in you know, the directions in the spin wheel, which is sort of a turn been a sign of fertility in the cycle of life. So that's why I have on krakens I don't know if you want, I think to add from that's unfair.
Speaker 2: Yep, the big one that makes sense because like I didn't think all swim and now that makes im thinking of that Pokemon squid and head of the beak, and I always wondered why, Yeah, that's pretty cool. And then I know the Seattle hockey team cracking. I know hockey. I'm not even make hockey guy, but the crack, it's just a when you hear the cracking, you know, cracking, like you said, at least the cracking.
Speaker 1: Like I always say, I'm a wrestling fan. I don't watch sports.
Speaker 2: Oh no, hang on, you're that special wrestling fan. You're that wrestling fan that says he doesn't watch it all, even though you kind of watch it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't watch sports. I didn't watch a single second of the World Cup.
Speaker 2: No, no, I said, you want to know that you're a wrestling fan that says you don't watch it, but you kind of do watch it.
Speaker 1: Watch wrestling. I watched way too much wrestling, but I often will fast forward through the middle parts of match, Like I don't watch wrestling for the wrestling for the most part. It's like to me, it's the least interesting part of wrestling. I mean just I mean, listen, if The Avengers was all fighting, it would be it would be a boring movie. The Avengers is interesting. Who care about the characters in the stories? So then when the fights are there, they're important. And that's why I feel about wrestling. So unless it's an important fight, I'm not particularly interested in it. I mean, I like to know who wins and loses and how and whatever, but I mean, I've seen it all before fifty times by now, I've been watching wrestling for fifty years plus, so it's not like they're showing me anything new. And if they're showing me something new, it's probably something stupid that they shouldn't be doing. So anyway, that's neither here nor this. So my last creature is the Cyclops, and the plural of Cyclops is psychopies, but singular is In fact, Cyclops is considered a giant, but it's a special kind of giant depending on which story you go by, I mean, not every story. The Cyclopes are Poseidon's children, so they're demigods as well, but the actual giants in Greek mythology are actually an entirely different race. And actually in the movie The Assi, there's there's some giants in that are other than the Cyclopes. But in the creation story, the giants were were created the same time as the Olympians. Accidentally they were all, you know, created by the castration of of Urinus. Actually the giants were created before the Olympians. In this regard, they were created, they were the Olympians sort of were the children of the Titans. Though Aphrodite was created at this time. Even though she's considered Olympians, she's she's early, you're in the retold chronology, but she's actually an import of more Eastern guards. God's like a start and ishtar. So it's strange, so like retrofit anyway. In some cases there's only three of them, three brothers, uh. And they are probably most famous from the Odyssey, Polythemus being the Cyclops in question that you know, sort of traps Odysseus's men of course, because men were violating hospitality, which is a lot of what the Odyssey is about. Frankly, it's a lot of what the Old Testament is about. The rules of hospitality seem to be more important than most other rules in lots of ancient tomes including more important than like protecting your wives and daughters and friends and shit like that. Kind of weird, but I guess not if you understand that it's always a state of warfare and the world was patriarchal and everybody was property. Uh anyway, a little bit of a side there, anyway. One eye, that's that's you know, Cyclops from the X Men. You know, he's got his visor, you know, so it looks like he's only got one giant eye. And uh, they're not so smart. And you know, famously Odysseus sharpman's a stick and he and his men, after a few of them get eaten again cannibals, they will not cannibals because they're demi gods. Though Odysseus was a demi god, his men were men. Stab him the eye, blind him. But he's still They still can't move the rock at the cave. And every day Polythemous opens up the cave to let his sheep out to graizeh pastor, and every night he brings them back in and he closes the rock behind him, and all the men can't move, but they try as they might. And even though Odysseus is a demi god and very strong. He's not nearly that strong. He's like a couple of generations. He's like a semi water down demi good. I think both of his parents are mostly human. He's not like Hercules, where like you know, Zeus is his dad, and which is probably why he had why he's the center of the story there, because he's probably the closest demigod to men out of all the Greek heroes. But that's just my take on it as an amateur. Anyway, the way they without getting too long into it, he's not so smart. The Cyclops ass Odysseus's name. Odysseus says, it's my name is no one.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And in furtherance, the plan that they hatch after losing about five or six guys to being the meal for probably famous is when the when the Cyclops opens the cave door, the men all go on the undersides of the sheep hang on. I guess these sheep are very big because you know, like they're megafauna or they're you know, their demi god sheep that they need to feed the Cyclops. And anyway, as the Cyclops touches all the sheep as they go out he's only touching the top of them, and doesn't you know, realize that there's men hanging out from underneath. So that's how I escape. And when the when the Cyclops realizes it, he's crying out, and his brother's like, what's wrong? Who hurt you? And and poly Famous yells, no one has hurt me, no one has blinded me. So his brother's like, well, we don't need to come help him. And in the escape, of course, Odysseus because he has hubris and pride and because he's a hero and needs and needs his name to live in glorious infamy, you know, as they're sailing away, he says, I am Odysseus, king of Ithaca. I am the one who escaped you, and follow your place. So of course that leads Polythemous to run the dad and give the proper name and Poseidon, you know, Ops, to make Odysseus's life a living hell. Yes, it's been such a joy up until that point. So that's the most famous Cyclops story I am aware of. I know, the Cyclops appeared in a bunch of sinbad movies. Again, probably an import you know, just story wise into that. I can't think of any other place where there's been a Cyclops per se.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there a Cyclops in the movie Jason and the Agarnauts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Jason the Argonauts is also in the Greek world, so yeah, and they too were going on an epic voyage to on a quest, and it was the hero's question. Jason the Argonauts takes place like well before the Trojan War is supposed to. Like the timeline in Greek stories is not of particular importance except Hercules was on the Argonauts. On Hercules was either long dead or long achieved apatheosis by the time the Trojan War took place. And of course the Trojan War was you know, told for one hundreds of years, but written for by Homer. Most people think between twenty eight hundred and twenty six hundred BC, so not twenty eight hundred I think eight hundred and six hundred BC, so like twenty eight hundred years ago, twenty six hundred years ago written, which is brings us back to the head of the conversation where or before the conversation we were saying, you know, everyone's upset that the Christopher Nolan's not a purist. And while I can see those arguments. Nobody on Earth knows the what the original story or stories were, because they were oral traditions told by bards, you know, over cent trees in different places, and then written down again and then translated and retranslated.
Speaker 2: So you know, anytime you do something that's based off a book or actual fact that taken in time, when you know it's fasted down from like, there's going to be somebody that somebody is going to be upset about it being depicted.
Speaker 1: I will add one thing to that. In the Greek world, even back then, the Greek world was sort of the backward sea that went as far as Persia in the in the east, maybe even a little bit further, encompassed North Africa, encompassed you know, all of the Aegean. Actually where Jason and the Argonauts went to was in modern day Georgia. The city, I mean not to say the country in Europe, you know, so all of that Anatolia and the the Pontic Step, all of that part of the Greek world, Italy, othern France, the entire Mediterraneans, Spain, Portugal, all of that, all of the islands part of the Greek world, which includes people from Egypt and Libya was the world word for Africa. So so to think that Zindaiya can't be Athena and that's not part of the Greek world as silly bush. She's a goddess, was birthed by Zeus's head.
Speaker 2: And to Africa. Take me in Africa, will bless the rains?
Speaker 1: Now in Africa, well, bless the rains one of the greatest songs of all time. I will anyway. But it's the entire Greek world. And they even traded with They got ten from from what's now the British Islands, so anyway, you know, and Troy is in modern day Turkey. It was Anatolia then or whatever they call it Ilien, which is why you get the word the the ilias. Anyway, that's what I have on Cyclopsis. I don't know if you have anything more for that.
Speaker 2: We've got a question on cyclops. Could they also be related to ogres controls?
Speaker 1: I think there's a case. I mean some people, because I think some people will argue to you that all giants are related in some way, and I think to a certain extent there's probably some truth to that in that, you know, what, what are we scared besides the other beasts and animals. And once you figure out a way to defend yourselves from the beast and animals, what's the easiest animal to make make up? It's combinations of those animals make them bigger and make men bigger. Whether that's because they were they afraid of gorillas and other apes, including mega apes, that they were a thing. I forgot the name, but I think, you know, or if it's some memory of you know, when the first Homo erectus tried to go out of Africa and the Neanderthals bottleneck them basically, you know, in the Sinai Desert and in the little south western corner of Israel, you know, and you know, beat them back. Maybe it's some memory back to that seventy thousand years ago at a toll as old as time. But you know, but I don't know. Everyone puts a little variations on it. But there's always been boogie men and boogie women. And remember, people died very young, most kids, A lot of women died in childbirth, Most kids died as infants or toddlers. Very few people made it past eighteen. You know, it's it's probably a whole lot of combinations to it. But you know, giants are pretty easy mts. And also it's very easy to you know, gods used to be depicted in paintings and steel works and boss beliefs and petroglyphs as being bigger than men and sometimes with horns and sometimes with wings to show that they could fly and come they came from above, And what goes is they really wings? And you know a lot of that has influenced our pictures of things now. So I'm gonna say yes, but I'm gonna say probably not any more than a dragon is related to a snake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the lizard family.
Speaker 1: So yeah, We've gone almost two hours, which I think is playing long. I have done my my plugs during the course of the show. You can do your plug. Say hello to all your friends. I'm not gonna put any restrictive rules on you.
Speaker 2: I'll keep them shorter. I just want to plug.
Speaker 1: Me in this also, and I mean that in a in a promotional way, not a.
Speaker 2: Not a.
Speaker 1: Pulp fiction way.
Speaker 2: The plugging comes when we all get off off the live right. No, Uh, this Friday, I'm gonna be doing a show, uh with Minorities report on my channel and Michael jeff Usso we're gonna go off the cuff when it's gonna be Banana ship, that ship crazy. And this Saturday, I'm gonna have a lawyer on my show. You might know him. He's the guy next to me over here. Oh his name is Jeff. I think I think he goes by Dose Jeff Jeffrey Dosage. I don't know, no Evil Dose Jeff Wittman. He'll be on my show. Does this crossover week, Baby, He'll be coming over, gonna be We're going back to our old day Saturday, just for you. We've been on Fridays lately, but just for you, we're going back to Saturday. They accommodate for you, and I think we might be going back to Saturdays for a couple of weeks. There was just time, so we had to do it on Fridays.
Speaker 1: Let's answer this to this question that says, which mythological creature do you think has had the biggest impact on pop culture?
Speaker 2: Mhm, Shrek, I guess Ogres.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with you. I think I'm gonna say. I mean, it's a pretty good case for giants, it was a pretty good case for dragons. But you know what I'm gonna go with witches?
Speaker 2: Oh we're going I thought we were just going with our list. Okay, yeah, I would say witches or yeah I have I got a cheating answer. I got like two. I would say like witches or wear wolves. Okay, so see, you see a lot of stuff, but they think it about wearing wolves.
Speaker 1: All right, So you were you were plugging my appearance on your show, which is a perfectly wonderful plug.
Speaker 2: So yes, so yes, no, that was Uh so that's going to be Saturday. I I forgot the time we scheduled it for. We'll get back. I think it was.
Speaker 1: Uh, you haven't told me the time yet, so maybe you haven't scheduled it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so maybe it's hard because we grow back to Saturday. So I want to make sure. But yes, it's got to be a little bit earlier, right because you know.
Speaker 1: How they can find out? They can They can follow me at Dose Underscore, they can follow the sports JEDA Network on X or many platforms. They can follow you at rams fam on on the X and probably multiple of the platforms as well.
Speaker 2: And you ever the one followers that keeps unfollowing me and following me and unfollowing me and follow me. I don't know who you are, but is this a game you're playing? I'll freaking oh, and I got that dirty blue check mark, Jeff. I didn't want it, but it's so I can get live on on on Twitter. So yes, now rams fan comes with that disgusting blue check mark. Listen.
Speaker 1: I've been tempted to do it myself, and the reason is so that I can actually send messages to wrestlers to invite them to come on the show because like some that sorry, go ahead, yeah, most have a blue check mark and you can't reach them otherwise. I haven't done it yet, you know, and I'm tempted to solely for that purpose. I'm never going to monetize my ex I have maybe fifteen hundred followers and I'm divided over two accounts. So anyway, so don't feel bad about doing it. There's a reason they make that feature available on X. It's not that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's bad, just some some people I feel like, abuse that blue check mark.
Speaker 1: You know, of course people abuse that blue check mark. But but but X is making us overthink it and they make it something that they're trying to sell it all the time for a reason, so that you can do certain things like go live on X, like contact people who you wouldn't normally be able to contact unsolicited or uninvited, so you know they know what they're doing. And just because you had to play into it doesn't make you a bad guy. It just means that it also serves a function for you and if it's if it's not worth doing, you'll reevaluate and then you know over the course of the next couple of years.
Speaker 2: Yep. So yeah, those are just my two plugs. It's Minority for guys on my channel Friday and Jeff on Sabery Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Minority Reports. First of all, I've been on your show a bunch of times, and I appreciate you, and I know a bunch of you've been here, so thank you for all that. But I have noticed how you've got rich now on all the time, and I don't like it when people lap me more than once, like me like this is like Captain America lap lapping the falcon, you know, in the Winter Soldiers. So you know, I know I'm a terrible guest. I know that I sabotage a chat, that I make things all wonderfully terrible there. And you know, I know I'm not a draw, but you know you gotta throw me a bone every now. And I don't mean much, but I need a little love.
Speaker 2: Neil love. It needs a passing from a shaman too, so you can know with PJ. Black.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a little bit concerned about that too, but uh, you know, but that's entirely different. Listen, I would understand if shaman would find me spiritually wanting, I would totally get it. Gender is currently under evaluation or has either passed fouled by now. So the only other person I know who's going out than PJ and Gender plans Tom Larufa, who was a guest on the Book of Black probably like two years ago. He's a French wrestler. I'm assuming he's going to pass because because having spoke to him, he's extremely spiritual.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I've never spoken to Ginger. I have pictures from his wedding, but I wasn't there. PJ was there, but a lot of people thought I was because they were like live pictures from the time, and I guess they could under I could understand why I'm like, no, like PJ. Black is I mean, sadly, he's probably like my best friend. I mean, it's like the two people I talk to most in the world in real life is PJ and mister Thomas louis probably third. So I mean, you know, I don't know what that that says about me.
Speaker 2: But tell you what, I want you to get an interview with beast Man. If you can beast Man, the.
Speaker 1: Guy who goes husk. Yeah, I think that's probably attainable. After all, he is an MLW and and the MLW Files is the only show that I'm aware of the covers MLW.
Speaker 2: I've seen them in GCW and I know, yeah, he just popped up in there.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe he's something that you could solicit to be your co host.
Speaker 2: So oh, you think out these magical powers.
Speaker 1: Hi, you have a blue check mark, you can I don't think he does that you could reach them.
Speaker 2: Well, there was some g Well, the cool thing about GCW rustlers, a lot of them, is that you don't need a blue check mark if they make mog listen.
Speaker 1: If you are a GCW wrestler or fan or someone who deals with the production or works with the ring crew or whatever it is, and you're interested in being a co host. Rams Fan is looking to do a GCW show.
Speaker 2: He loves on Game Changer podcast because they do excellent work. By the way, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I'm not saying there's none others in the world. I'm just saying that you want to do one. You love independent wrestling, you watch tons of it, you know, and and if someone wants to do it. He has at least three platforms. He has his own YouTube channel, he's got the Sports Jedi Network where he can do it, a Sports Edi Media on YouTube right now, Sportshedi Network everywhere else. And he's got the Wrestling Superfriendos platform.
Speaker 2: So you know.
Speaker 1: So he's got at least three platforms that can triple your exposure if you are a wrestler or videographer or photographer.
Speaker 2: And I got a lawyer on retainer.
Speaker 1: Anything you don't have me, don't lie. Don't lie to the people out there. There's no attorney client privilege here.
Speaker 2: Something I hate to break to you. Don Stoney is not a real lawyer. No, I have figured it's save me the trouble before you book him. It's well, he said.
Speaker 1: I mean the people at Pitball Media treat him like he was no, but I thought he was. I was trying to book them.
Speaker 2: I was trying to get a running joke.
Speaker 1: That's terrible. Well, well there goes the one person who said yes to my panel of this of the Wrestling Lawyers podcast concept. But being that I wanted for I wasn't. I wasn't not close to fruition anyway. In any event, I've talked enough. Thank you everybody for listening. Thank you if you tune in for the first time to listen to rams Fan.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Please subscribe to Garden Plot podcast. Please subvibe. Subscribe to Sports Jedi Network podcast on audio. Please subscribe to Sports Jedi Network. Follow them on the Twitter, Sports Jedi Network on YouTube. That one is hacked, but we hope to get it back. But Sports Jedi Media Network is live and we're trying to rebuild that. It's been a bit of a struggle, so please come in there. Please follow rams Fan at at rams Fan and his podcast. His YouTube channel is Soup de Jour is it wrestling soup.
Speaker 2: It's a sup. I'm not a big enough boy working address sling soup in there. I just hit sticking this SmackDown.
Speaker 1: And his His Twitter is at RAMS fan Underscore, Sean s e An, you.
Speaker 2: Know all these other Rams fans on YouTube. I've been Rams fan since like five, so I don't know where the hell you all came from. I didn't start seeing you two recently. I've been a Rams fan of the football team even longer, but on YouTube, I've been Rams fan forever. But anyways, I had to get my my ego out of the way. There.
Speaker 1: We're brad, but okay, all right, so everyone, hope you enjoyed it, hope to something different and you'll hear from me later in the week. Tomorrow, MLW Files at six o five uh, Tuesday, NXT review show at probably ten or five, and Wednesday with Matt Pravenza from Horror Movie making a movie right now on out of Character and at some point if you're on wrestling Soup Lou and I we will do the LFG episode ten or eleven episode and we will watch the episode it's on tonight at some point this week and we'll get to that. So thanks everyone,