Speaker 1: Now your host for playoff Dodger Toss sound Off Angelinos David Vasse.
Speaker 2: Your Dodgers are going back to the World Series. Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vasse back upstairs at Dodgers Stadium. After the Dodgers close out the New York Mets with a ten to five win in Game six of the NLCS, we're taking your phone calls until eleven o'clock tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Can't be happier for all those players being with them since spring training. Just think about where the Dodgers season started in South Korea, and I know that seems like a long time ago. It feels like another lifetime ago for a lot of us, But that's where this season started. And here they are headed back to the World Series for the first time since they won it twenty twenty. And you've heard all these players that were part of that twenty twenty team say they want to have a parade and that's their determination, that's their motivating factor. You heard Dave Roberts say it on the podium. Four wins away for the first Dodger World Series parade since nineteen eighty eight, and that year they beat the Mets in the NLCS as well. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're with you until eleven o'clock. Jose Mota is going to join us at ten thirty and in between then and now your phone calls. As the Dodgers are headed back to the World Series against the New York Yankees. It's the twelfth time these two franchises, these two story franchises will meet up in the Fall Classic. The last time was nineteen eighty one when Rick Monday, Steve Garvey, Davey Lopes, Bill Russell and those guys got redemption in a six game World Series to win the World Series and redeem themselves after losing to the Yankees in seventy seven and seventy eight. So it's been forty three years since the Dodgers and Yankees faced off in the World Series. This is what everybody wanted and it will be sweet when the Dodgers win the World Series. Let's go out to the phone. So we've done a lot of talking. You've heard the interviews, really enlightening stuff from Max Mounsey just about everything behind the scenes and just what Brent Honeywell has done to help everybody, including Mookie Betts during a workout day. Incredible, incredible information, incredible behind the scenes stuff. And I love Max Muncy. Blake Trenon can't say enough about that guy. A six out save to send the Dodgers to the World Series. That's Kenley Jansen type of stuff right there. And Blake Tryning, don't forget flew back home to welcome his third child into the world in between games four and five, and here he was sending the Dodgers to the World Series. And I told you, Tommy Edmund NLCSMVP Tommy Edmund another big night, certainly left no doubt that he was going to win that award. Let's go out to Dodger Stadium. Mark, You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Mark?
Speaker 3: Very well, Dave. I really enjoyed the game was great.
Speaker 4: Of course, I can't add anything to what the players are.
Speaker 5: Saying, Sang, I just have a question going forward.
Speaker 3: You may have covered this already.
Speaker 4: But the status of both Alex Vesia and particularly haven't lux because I haven't heard much about him going forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gavin lux is fine. This was just a matchup based thing. And as far as alex Vesia goes, there's some buzz that I've been hearing amongst players that they are not ruling alex Vesia out of the World Series. And there's even a chance Bruce star grad Ral maybe on the World Series roster. So those two guys have been working to come back and they may be coming back at the right time. And if you heard from Freddie Freeman, he'll be ready to go for Game one on Friday. Thanks for the phone call, Mark appreciated. Let's go out to Long Beach, David, your aunt Dodger talk.
Speaker 6: How you doing good, DV? How are you, buddy?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 6: What a magical night. You know, this is a team that they show him such resilience. You know when they went on that losey streak when the league got down, I think there was I think the lowes Can got down to it was like three games. You know, everybody was like, oh, here we go again. You know, everybody was doubting Dave Roberts. But you know what, they showed the potential and they showed what a national champion, national league champion it should be. Now I have a comment for you. I have on my phone. Still, I have a picture you and I took a picture and catch us some money to do their shows over and at DJs in Downey. I don't know if you remember doing.
Speaker 2: Still they still do shows from the BJS.
Speaker 6: Oh do they really? Okay? Now my question real quick. Cavny determined who the umpires are gonna be for the World Series.
Speaker 2: Oh, David, no they haven't.
Speaker 6: Why why is your time? I appreciate it and go Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Okay, very random. I did see that. I uh that Dan I as Sonya may be the crew chief of the World Series and be part of the World Series crew. But as far as who else the members of the umpiring crew are, I do not know at this time. Let's go out to Gabe who was at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Gabe, what a night for you to be out at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 7: I am so glad I got last minute I gets and I was able to sneak in with my girlfriend and catch the game. The energy was amazing.
Speaker 8: Uh, kudos to the Mets for putting a battle in actually called Dodgers and six. So I'm glad I got the prediction, I think we've all said it enough, and I called it before he came back from injury.
Speaker 7: I've loved Tommy Edmund since he was on the Cardinals. I think this kid had a lot of talent. I feel like he's the spiritual successor to what Chris Taylor was when he was in his prime, being able to play multiple positions, get speed, be able to get big hits. What a pickup he was. And I think going forward into the series with the Yankees, because I do have a question for you on your take on that, but it's going to be a battle. I don't see this series against the Yankees going any less six games. You got too many weapons on their side. I still haven't seen Aaron Judge come alive, which concerns me, but again we have great bolf In pieces that can keep him contained. My question for you, and it really has to do with the rotation difference. The Mets use a lot of deception pitchers and a lot of people who get chases. I noticed with the Yankees when you have Radon, you have Stroman, and you have Garrett Cole, these are pitchers who typically attack the zone a lot more So, what do you think is going to be the key for the different approach here, and you know how to put the ball in play and manage games on a on a more live basis than trying to get on base, because I don't think the Yankees are gonna give us that many walks, but the Mets did well.
Speaker 2: I don't know that yet, Gabe. The Dodgers are a lineup the Yankees haven't faced, and the Dodgers have faced a tougher road of competition than the Yankees. I think we can all agree upon that. And I'm way ahead of you as far as Rodn goes, because I've been texting with a player from the Al East during the NLCS and he told me he doesn't believe that Rodin would last three innings against the Dodgers. He is going to, you know, probably throw thirty pitches in an inning and maybe get three outs during that inning. So uh, I just I just don't think Rodn is what you're making him out to be. And Garrett Cole is all that and more, but the Dodgers are, by by no means are the Yankee. He's much better than the Padres or Mets. I would say the best team the Dodgers will face are the Padres, and the Yankees only had one more win than the Padres this year, so don't I know it's Yankees on their jerseys, but don't give them too much credit, Gabe. The Dodgers match up very well against the Yankees.
Speaker 7: I agree, and I think our depth is also a big piece of that. And I really really hope Freddy Freeman rests that ankle, and I can't wait to see him get back to for him because when you get you know a show, hey going on the bass path, and I think he can test often well. I think Mookie will get the runs going on once Freddy is able to get that swing back to form, the runs will come in on the top three of the lineup. So thanks Dave, I always appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you, Gabe. I appreciate you. And the Dodgers are headed back to the World Series against the New York Yankees after a big Game six win, another blowout. All six of these games were blowouts. When the Mets beat the Dodgers, they were double digits and not really close. In this one, it's ten to five, another blowout as the Dodgers win a bullpen game again to send them to the World Series. Let's go out to Joel and Sherman Oaks. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi. Joel, Hey Dave.
Speaker 9: How's it going, man, I'm so excited for this Dodger NLCS Championship win.
Speaker 7: We're back in the World Series. Hell, yes, sir, But I.
Speaker 9: Want to give a big shout out to Tommy Edmond because he gives us little guys a freaking opportunity to be like. Yes, because I'm a little guy and then I used to play baseball my whole life and seeing that guy just win the MVP, it just pumps me up, man.
Speaker 5: Because that's just a ballplayer right there, and I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It kind of reminds me of David x time with the Angels and Cardinals. He reminds me of that type of inspirational you know, baseball. You don't have to be Aaron Judges side size to be successful. So that's a great point, Joel. Tommy Edmund, he's kind of like little David x Stein.
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, he is a ballplayer and that's what we needed with the Dodgers right now. Small ball, big ball, home runs, whatever it is, he's gonna come up to the plane and just work for the team. And he's just a ballplayer.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 9: I love seeing ballplayers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is that guy. That's the way he was described when the Dodgers acquired him. And this was a really good matchup for Tommy Edmund because the Mets had a couple of lefty starters in this series David Peterson, Maniah twice and Tommy Edmond is a much better hitter from the right side than he is from the left side. Let's go out to Don who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Hi. Don, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 11: Hi, how are you doing today?
Speaker 2: I think we're all doing pretty well.
Speaker 12: Don.
Speaker 11: Well, one thing I wanted to point out was, you know, this season, the Dodgers had all they're pitching getting injured over and over again, and they still put together the best record in baseball. Shouldn't have surprised anybody that they're going to the World Series.
Speaker 2: Well, they had a lot of adversity. They had a lot of adversity, and you're right, they still finish with the best record in baseball. That's just a testament to how much talent they had at the major league level and at the minor league level. I thought Andrew Friedman brought it up. And you know, Ben Caspiraus a big part of the Dodgers winning tonight, and nobody I could say thought Ben Caspirius would be pitching in a game like tonight.
Speaker 11: And for me as a fan, I think that one of the most significant things that happened this year was the he Hernandez boys. Having both of them on the team that has really made a difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I really believe te Oscar Keith ke and O'tani have really been the driving forces of this offense to really, you know, ignite not only the emotions of the team, but also perform and carry those guys in critical situations. And I can't say enough about show a Otani. I know we try to focus on the other players, and rightfully so, but how about show a Otani going to the World Series his first year with the Dodgers after not making the postseason his previous six years, and now here he is his first opportunity at October and he's a big part of the Dodgers going to the World Series. And I gotta be honest with you, the interactions I've had with Otani. I've tried to give him his space. But while I was trying to search through the celebration to get guys to come on the show, there was show he Otani drenching first base coach Clayton McCullough with beer and champagne. And then I'm standing right next to Clayton and Otani dumps more champagne and beer on me and gave us both an embrace.
Speaker 5: To me.
Speaker 2: That just shows the awareness the humility that Otani has played with with all seasons and long, and he's a big part of the Dodgers unity, the humility of shoe A Otani eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Let's go out to Bruce who was at the game tonight. Bruce, I hope he stayed all the way through.
Speaker 5: The DV I want to be yes. So my highlight of the night I got down here to Taga out well after the pestivities, right before they chased us out, and Dave's came out and he got a roaring ovation and he was tipping his cap to us and blowing kisses, and it's just good to see him get some of that love and credit and.
Speaker 2: Uh, Bruce think about that, Bruce. When Dave Roberts started this season, all he heard of was that his job was in jeopardy if the Dodgers didn't get to the World Series. Well, here they are in the World Series. And if he wins the World Series, isn't he a Hall of Fame manager. I feel like he's on his way to Cooperstown if the Dodgers win the World Series.
Speaker 5: I think that his record speaks for herself. I think he has the highest winning percentage of any manager he does in the modern game. And the adversity of this year. I know Carlos Mendoza is gonna get a Manager of the Year, but they're I mean you, Dave is in the conversation year after year, the adversity we dealt with last year and lifting it to the playoffs and getting bounced out. That's not on Dave. But he pushed and pulled all the right buttons. With the pitching staff. Everyone was like, we don't have enough pitching, we don't have enough pitching here.
Speaker 13: It is here.
Speaker 2: It is Bruce. It's not just about what he does in the dugout. It's how he manages and works with Andrew Friedman. It's how he manages his relationships with the fans, with the media, with everything that comes with being the Dodger manager. Being the Dodger manager is not as simple as it is to be the manager for the Pittsburgh Pirates. Bruce and Dave Roberts does a great job of really managing a lot of different areas. I can't say enough about the job he's done this year. Thanks for the phone call. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk when we come back more of your phone calls. We have two lines open at eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. We'll hear from Max Munsey again. We'll share that story with you, and also we'll hear from more of the Dodgers after they are headed to the World Series with a ten to five win over the Mets in Game six of the NLCS. Right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports Jose Mota at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seven ELA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is Dodger talk with David Bassi.
Speaker 14: They all takes the small leads another one two Fitch Edmond swings it's a high flag ball left field and d Nimo's back.
Speaker 1: On the morning truck bet the lod.
Speaker 15: Tommy Edmond sends Dodgers stead him into a frenzy.
Speaker 2: Tommy Edmund, the NLCS MVP comes up with another big two run home run for the Dodgers as they go on to beat the Mets tonight by a final score of ten to five, and they're headed to the World Series to take on the New York Yankees. What a game, What a series for Tommy Edmond, who had four to seven in the six games against the Cardinals. He drove in eleven runs. He drove in a run in all six games. He had seventeen total bases and played outstanding shortstop. Just an incredible six game series for Tommy Edmond. Daniels Jewelers is the official sponsor of the Trip Around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniel's location and say home run for your free team bracelet and fifty dollars gift card toward any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. And we were talking about Dave Roberts and what he has meant to this team and how the narrative has now changed, how Dave has managed a great postseason and here he was after the final out, the winning is manager in modern baseball history. How does this one field? Dave? Oh my god, it feels so good.
Speaker 16: Dave.
Speaker 17: I'm just so happy that we finally did it at home. Yeah, and we could celebrate with our fans.
Speaker 2: How did you navigate this game tonight? It wasn't as much of a blowout as the others.
Speaker 17: Now, you know what, I gotta give Crets all these guys. You know, all these pitchers were ready when called upon. Obviously Tommy had a big hit.
Speaker 2: Will Smith big hit.
Speaker 17: So the players showed out tonight, and again, David, I'm just so happy for our players and our fans.
Speaker 2: Dave, this feels like a one through thirty something type of win. It does, it does, and I'll tell you.
Speaker 17: Right now, Dave, it's an organizational win from you know, we get young players through scout, player development, by way of trade. You know, everyone is just a whole organization. I couldn't be more excited for everyone.
Speaker 2: Tommy Edmond kind of went under the radar. How big was he for you in this series? Oh my god, he's been so huge.
Speaker 17: Forced to be able to play shortstop, to be able to play center field, you know he does it only it's just huge.
Speaker 2: It my man. Moo guy. I love you, baby, I love you baby. Oh thank you for everything. Oh so pleady. Four more to go, four more to go. There is Mookie Betts with Dave Roberts. You got the love from your player. I'll let you enjoy. Thank you. Neixs Day. There he is Dave Roberts going to the World Series as the manager of the Dodgers for the fourth time in his career in nine years as the Dodger manager. And man, I'm really happy for Dave Roberts and Aaron Boone because everything we were hearing about Dave Roberts and the pressure on him to win, Aaron Boone was getting in New York as well. So the two managers that were in the pressure cooker with high expectations delivered and they're going to go head to head in the World Series. It's the first time since nineteen eighty one, the Dodgers and Yankees will face off in the World Series against each other. Rick Monday and his teammates beat the Yankees in nineteen eighty one in a six game series. Let's go out to Diane. Diane, You're on Dodger Talk live from Dodgers Stadium. Hi Diane, Hi Dave.
Speaker 6: I called you last week, told you about a last minute ticket New York.
Speaker 1: So I just got back last night at twelve thirty.
Speaker 7: But it was so much better winning at home.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was beautiful, great night.
Speaker 2: It was great. You want to end the series as quickly as possible. I wouldn't say anybody felt like this was a slam dunk. But the one thing I was confident about was that the Dodgers were going to score runs. And before the game, a lot of players were very confident they were going to hit Sean Manaia And not only did they hit, but they also got him out of the game early to get to that very suspect Mets bullpen, So they were very confident. They scored six runs in the first three innings and man, I'm excited about Dodgers and Yankees.
Speaker 13: Me too.
Speaker 7: And congratulations to Dave Roberts. I've always believed in him, and I've had to take some flak for that, but I love.
Speaker 2: Him all right, Diane, thank you for the phone call. I can't wait to see Dave Roberts on the city Hall steps. But as they said, four more wins to get that World Series Championship. Let's go out to MYSA in Pasadena. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 18: Hi, Lisa, Hey, David, I just wanted to let you to know that, man, I'm so happy that we're dancing, were going to the World Series. How did you watch right now?
Speaker 2: It tastes great. It's really dry on my skin in my head right now, but it feels great. It smells great, and it's all about the players, and I'm really happy to just be along for the ride, Misa. Those guys, I'm here every day with them since spring training. I have seen the work that they put in, and lesser teams with lesser talent don't put in the daily pregame preparation that superstars like Freddie Freeman and Mookie Betts put in on a daily basis. So I'm really happy for them.
Speaker 18: Yeah, David, thank you for all the hard work you put in and given us an inside scoop with the clubhouse. Let's talk about that bullpen man like Aaron dogs.
Speaker 2: Why don't you bark like one of those dogs for us, Mesa, give us a bark, bark for us. Misa, there we go. Thank you for the phone call. Mesa. Sound like he really enjoyed this game in the comfort of his home. It sounded like he had a twelve pack and maybe uh, you know, who knows, maybe some odello's uh really handy as that game was going the Dodgers way. Speaking of some of the insight from the Dodger clubhouse, I was not expecting Max Munsey to uh go into great behind the scenes details about Brent Honeywell and the Dodgers and how close they have been during this postseason. But here was Monsey and Brent Honeywell as we were celebrating in the clubhouse. Hey, Honeywell's got that turtleneck on. It's all suked with champagne. Brent Honeywell, how does this field when is fun?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 19: Winning is the best field in the world, especially when you're at the highest level. Nobody else is just two teams left the best and best world stage.
Speaker 2: I wanted it my whole entire life.
Speaker 19: Ever since I was a little kid, I've been I wanted my whole life.
Speaker 2: How does it feel to be such a big part of this Bullpen? I can't do it without him down there? I could, I could have done it without. How about this guy, Max Mounsey? What would you do without Max Mounsey? You ain't here Monsey. This dude man, he had beer gums on you a few times.
Speaker 15: Yes, all right, good, just making sure you can't be drying this clubous right now, David.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm got more champagne and beer than you.
Speaker 20: Two.
Speaker 2: Hey, no story for you, all right? This guy through? Was it four innings?
Speaker 11: Dirts or two dirts for us?
Speaker 2: In New York?
Speaker 10: He came out of the game.
Speaker 2: What what did I tell you? He said, I want this game six? And you were right? How much does Brent Honeywell mean to this team? Just everything he brings. That's a dog. That's a dog. Our whole Bullpen's dogs. But this guy put him in a musition.
Speaker 15: Hey, you need two outs, he's got you. You need three innings, he's got you. This guy don't carre, Hey, you need someone to throw LIVEVP in San Diego.
Speaker 2: He's got you this.
Speaker 15: Hey, this guy might have gotten movie you.
Speaker 2: That's right, because he threw him LIVP. I don't know if you.
Speaker 15: Guys knew that he threw liv P because he wasn't he wasn't active at the times he threw LIVEVP Rookie Betts started going off.
Speaker 2: Did you throw him a screwball?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 2: I fed him down the middle and said, crack that ball. That's what I said. I told all three of them, I'm throwing it down the middle and I want you to hit it as far as you can.
Speaker 20: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Brent Honeywell might be the undercover MVP of this team. Hey, you never know. You never know. This guy's a dog.
Speaker 15: He's one of the heart beats of this team.
Speaker 4: It doesn't get stated enough.
Speaker 2: He doesn't get enough credit.
Speaker 4: This dude's amazing.
Speaker 15: And on the bus, in the clubhouse, in the bullpen.
Speaker 2: This dude's amazing. Don see what does this team mean to you? As far as going back to the World Series. You were here in eighteen, you wanted in twenty how bad do you want to ring for these guys? And how bad do you want to bread?
Speaker 15: This is one of the closest groups that I've ever been a part of.
Speaker 5: And you know, we had to.
Speaker 15: Get some work to get here, but it's been amazing. I mean, this is this is probably the closest group I've had.
Speaker 20: Since twenty And you know when.
Speaker 15: You talk about twenty twenty, when you're stuck in a hotel everybody for forty five days, yeah, you're gonna get close.
Speaker 2: We're finding a way to do that while not being stuck together.
Speaker 15: And this goes back to you know, all the way back in Atlanta, we had a team meeting when Tyler Glasman got told that he couldn't mention anymore.
Speaker 2: That was a real kick in the gut. But we had a team meeting. We say, hey, guys, look around.
Speaker 15: We have all stars, we have Hall of Famers, we have guys making a lot of money in this clubhouse.
Speaker 13: We can still do this.
Speaker 4: And we had to get everybody to believe.
Speaker 2: In that, and our season turned right there.
Speaker 15: And then we had the five days off and we've talked about that the last two years and we've had five days off, Right, we didn't know how to handle that, and coming into this year, you know, we tried multiple things. Right, they let fans into the stadium for a sip game, trying to make it a real situation.
Speaker 2: And this year us as players went.
Speaker 15: To the front office and said, hey, this is what we're doing, and.
Speaker 2: We told them what we wanted to do.
Speaker 15: And everyone stresses out about having the five days off, and we treated it as.
Speaker 2: A reward, because it is a reward.
Speaker 15: You Brian, for eight months, going back to February spring training.
Speaker 2: This is this is the reward right here.
Speaker 19: We played the best of the bat We said, hey, we earned the number one seed.
Speaker 2: It's ever reward. You get five days off as a reward. So we wanted to treat as a reward. We brought into nice food. We had it unbelievable catering.
Speaker 15: We had fun, We had full table ping pong, table papa shots.
Speaker 2: We had a really good time. We were here together as a group for eight hours.
Speaker 15: A day, and you know in the past we were here for two three hours a day. We tried to make it as serious as possible. This year we just said, no, we're here together.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 15: I am not questioning you as a father, you as a husband, you as a boyfriend, whatever.
Speaker 4: But give me three weeks.
Speaker 2: I need three weeks out of you to be with the boys.
Speaker 15: We're gonna glind through this together for three weeks and then you can be the best husband.
Speaker 21: And father you can You've ever beat.
Speaker 2: But I need three weeks out of you.
Speaker 15: So for eight hours a day and those five days off, we were here together, just hanging out, have your fun, having some food, talking about what we're gonna do as gets a pitcher watching baseball. We were just here for eight hours a day being boys. And I really think that's translated into what we're at now.
Speaker 2: Well said, I think in New York and all three of us should share a room. What I think all three of us we should hang out spend quality time in New York when the series goes.
Speaker 15: There, David, I can't think of anything worse, anything worse. I've got your shower with my dad that she's just perfect.
Speaker 2: I'll take that as a maybe. Yeah, all right, Brent Honeywell, I hear you a loud and clear man, awesome interview, and I can't say enough and thank you to Max Monsey and Brent Honeywell for sharing all that with us, and look forward to doing it again after the Dodgers beat the Yankees in the World Series. I mean this is Lakers Celtics. This is similar to what we got back in what twenty ten with Kobe and the Lakers, reviving that old rivalry between the Lakers and Celtics. This is going to bring back a lot of memories for a lot of people, and it's going to be epic for the sport of baseball. Not only do you have the two most storyed franchises in the history of the game, but you got the two biggest superstars on each coast, Aaron Judge against Shohei Otani, and already they're talking about Otani versus Judge. It's going to be the first time in baseball history two fifty home run hitters from the regular season we'll play against each other in the World Series. This is going to be I'm not sure New York and LA can handle the magnitude of this World Series. This is going to be the most anticipated World Series in a very long time. Eight six six nine, eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Calvert, who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Hi Calvert, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Hey Dave, congratulations. Just want to thank the Dodgers for giving my mom and I it's just great memory. On Friday, she was not going to go. I was going to be up at LA for UCLA water polo. So we got I love LA twice today after UCLA won in the pool. I just want to thank the Dodgers for just an awesome experience, she says to me. After the game. We're standing by the number forty two Jackie Robinson center field statue, and she says, you know, I remember when the Dodgers moved to LA, and just what a memory. She decided Saturday, She's like, you know what, you're gonna be up here anyway. I want to spend time with you, So I'm going to the game and just super shout out to greg Aan Calvert. What an awesome memory. It seems like Dave Roberts was planning, you know, just some confidence and giving Freeman some rest. So hopefully Freeman will be ready ready for the series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think Freddy Freeman is going to miss Game one. He's going to have a lot of time to work on that right ankle. Thank you for the phone call, Cavert, and really Freddy playing in the cold weather out there in New York on a bad right ankle. I didn't see that going well. And I think being back here on the West Coast, he's gonna you know, that right ankle is going to respond better. I know during the workout yesterday, he hit on the field for some You know, Freddy doesn't really hit on the field that much, so he was out there to test his right ankle and his hitting mechanics and it just wasn't working. And I just feel like that cold weather in New York really didn't do him any favors. So having a full week before Game one and having the first two games in LA, he is going to be in there. Now. What happens when the Dodgers go back to the Bronx, We'll have to wait and see. But it's gonna be colder when they go back there. So right now, like he's done all postseason, it's day to day. But I could tell you I would put all the money in the world that Freddie Freeman will be in the starting lineup for Game one. Let's go out to Ryan who is at Dodger Stadium tonight. Hi, Ryan, You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: What's going on that day? How are you?
Speaker 2: I think we've established everybody's very happy.
Speaker 3: Ryan, Thanks saber guy.
Speaker 16: I just wanted to take a couple of things here. First and foremost you you, Kates and Saxy holding it down for the pre and post game throughout this postseason run has been fantastic.
Speaker 7: Huge shout out to you guys. Love listening to that.
Speaker 16: Most importantly, three generations of Dodgers fans. I celebrated my son's seventh birthday yesterday. I have my whole family at the park today celebrating my dad's sixty fourth birthday. And what a way to celebrate by punching our ticket to go to the World Series.
Speaker 6: Essay, just amazing time.
Speaker 16: Atmosphere was electric. Just couldn't think of a better way to celebrate the weekend and celebrating my dad's sixty fourth birthday at the park there. So I'll take your question off air.
Speaker 7: What I just wanted to know.
Speaker 16: Don't have any brass, No, I'll take my question answer off air, offline, But what's your question, Ryan Brazier. I don't feel too confident about him in the World Series and hopefully we get Vessio back, but yeah, I just want to know your thoughts on him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got in that middle of the game there and.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers have some decisions to make, especially if Vessi and Gradarol are able to come back. But you can't discount the veteran presence of Ryan Brazier.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Those are things that are intangibles and there's always a role for a guy like that. Thanks for the phone call, Ryan, love hearing the memories and moments that all of you have shared today with your family and friends. After the Dodgers going back to the World Series and making it a special one, Yankees Dodgers for the first time in forty three years. No two teams have faced each other in the World Series more than the Dodgers and Yankees. The Dodgers have one three of the previous eleven nineteen fifty five, nineteen sixty three in nineteen eighty one are the three that they have won in the previous eleven matchups. Obviously, the Yankees got the better of the Dodgers in seventy seven and seventy eight, but the nineteen sixty three Dodgers. That was the first time the Dodgers and Yankees played each other since the Dodgers had moved to California and LA and the Dodgers swept the sixty three Yankees in a four game series. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's take one more phone call before we check in with jose Mota. Eric in Hollywood, you're on Dodger Talk Dodger Net.
Speaker 11: Wow, we are in the World Series.
Speaker 6: I have excited.
Speaker 13: Dad.
Speaker 22: You always told me to believe, and I didn't trust you, but I alad trust you now.
Speaker 11: I always trust you, Bullie believe. I am excited that I'm excited. I am ready.
Speaker 6: All of Docu Nation is ready to root for us to take.
Speaker 4: It to the next level. Y, just what do we need to do?
Speaker 13: What's next?
Speaker 6: What's the next? What's next?
Speaker 2: Well, what's next is Game one? And uh, I feel pretty good that the Dodgers are going to have a good Yamamoto on the mound. His best pitch game was against the Yankees at Yankee Stadium. And like I said, Eric, let's not forget how good the Dodgers are. Everybody already is talking about, Oh, the big bad Yankees. No, it's the big bad Dodgers. They had the best team, they had the best record, They've got home field advantage. It's those people in New York and the Bronx and on the subways, they're the ones that are concerned. They're the ones that are nervous.
Speaker 11: David all along and ah Man all that.
Speaker 6: You always called it, you called it, you called it, you called it all right, Yo.
Speaker 2: Dad, I'm ready.
Speaker 11: I believe, I believe.
Speaker 2: I love it. Eric, thank you for the phone call. It only took you until the Dodgers going to the World Series to believe. But you know, even with Tyler Glass now going down, even though Yamamoto was limited to pitching only once in a series, the Dodger bullpen. I mean, we've been watching them all year long. Uh, they have really taken it to another level. And Blake Trining was a big part of that. Here is Blake Trining after the game and agreed to do the interview as long as he could pour six bottles of beer on my head. Man, my guy, Blake Trinan doing things that we have never seen from another reliever in a long time. How does this feel.
Speaker 19: It's just really kind of fun to go out there and get a little final out.
Speaker 2: It's a true, definite blessing for an honor to the Dodger. We're going to the World Series. What a cool What a cool moment's gonna be for.
Speaker 19: Baseball fans to the biggest and most story franchises in this of the game.
Speaker 2: I'm excited. Blake six out saved. There's not too many guys I could do that. What does it mean to you to have you try? I cannot. I'll blink a couple of times, Blake. But that's about it, all right. I think the biggest thing is just making sure that with you our job when we're with you too, and uh, I really I don't have a lot of words that just do one that's awesome. One he just wanted to drench me. Just be honest that you just wanted to pour all that on me.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: I did Hey, great color choice of sure, thank you, Blake trying to six out save. I'll take it from your baby. Let's got that dash, Blake trying to pumped up after a six out save. That's that's how dominant he has been. I have not seen a Dodger reliever be that dominant since Kenley Janssen. That's how good Blake Trinon has been. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're going all the way to eleven o'clock. We have lines open, LA. Your Dodgers are going back to the World Series. Dodgers Yankees Friday here at Dodgers Stadium for Game one at five o'clock. Right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Jose Mota is next. After the Dodgers beat the Mets ten to five in Game six of the NLCS, right here on your home for Dodger Baseball, AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com, hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 14: Dodger didn't feel playing back. The right handed Alvarez is ready, so is Lake. Drinan Neil goes for second Alviras swings hell bouncer. The second Taylor has it in the glove.
Speaker 2: It's over. It over the Dodgers with the pennant Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday. A great call tonight, as the Dodgers go on to beat the Mets ten to five in Game six of the NLCS and now are headed to the World Series to face off against the New York Yankees, and I mentioned a few different times the Dodgers have beaten the Yankees in the World Series. I'm reminded that the only time the Dodgers have won the World Series on their home field Brooklyn nineteen fifty five, and any stadium in Los Angeles, whether it be the Coliseum or Dodgers Stadium. The only time the Dodgers have won the World Series on their home field was in nineteen sixty three when Don Drysdale, Sandy Cofax, Morey Wills swept the Yankees in the sixty three Fall Classic. They won that here at Dodgers Stadium, the Dodgers only World Series clinching game on their home field. If you go back to fifty that was at Yankee Stadium, fifty nine Chicago, sixty five Minnesota, eighty one that was at Yankee Stadium, eighty eight Game five Oakland, and twenty twenty of course a neutral field in Texas. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out now to Jose Moda.
Speaker 1: It's tough to role around the horn with Hosean Mota.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose Mota, Yeah, you're ready Dodgers Yankees first time since nineteen eighty one. I'm sure you remember that World Series vividly since your dad was on the team.
Speaker 3: Oh how could I not.
Speaker 21: I mean, this thing goes back to what nineteen forty one. But I just want to say congratulations to the entire organization and first of all to the player is because we know the toughest job in baseballs between the White Lions, but overall all the work being put in. Moll and Steven mentioned the scouts who nowadays are not given enough credit on what they do and how they evaluate so much time put away from home and identifying players day that fit. But man, nineteen eighty one, obviously you know Pedro and Ramonse and Steve Jeger and obviously Tommy and them, and Reggie and Fernando, I mean Fernando, im My god, I'll quit forget about that. But the cool thing is that baseball deserves something like this today. I mean, the biggest stars, biggest stage, a couple of MVPs, and then to have something that really is so marketable all throughout that's going to be a tremendous series. It's such a blessing to be.
Speaker 7: A part of right now.
Speaker 2: It's a broadcasting Yeah, you're right, great point about the scouts, because they've been dispatched to all these cities to try to get not only you know pitchers tendencies, but you know position players tend to seize and all that. So Dave Finley and his group, certainly, Jeff McAvoy and his group certainly deserve a lot of credit and give a lot of credit to them. And Andrew Friedman for trading for Tommy Edman and Michael Kopek. Tommy Edman, as we thought, was the NLCS MVP. What can you say about what he has meant to the Dodgers this season?
Speaker 21: Some of those guys that, as I was describing today, Tommy Hemmer, you might go see him play for a game and go, okay, good, good ballplayer. But watch him an entire series and then he might go two for twelve, but he's gonna do something in that series to make you think, I want this guy on my team. There's something about this guy that just tells me he's got a dou w on him. And you get players that are winners, you get players that care and understand their game. I mean, let's go back.
Speaker 22: To the San Diego series, Dave Tommy Edman upon himself takes it and says, I'm gonna face this right handed pitcher, me being a switch hitter and hit from the right side because I think you have an advantage.
Speaker 21: Ended up being what an RBI ground up. So things like that matter a whole lot. Will you identify guys And another point that you made early in the show that was a thing driving back. It's not just how you and how much money you have and how you spend this is who you spend it on that are fits to the organization. Andrew Freeman talked about this. You got to have guys that understand the culture, defer into the culture. Max Munts explained it so well about carrying one one another and spending time together, and I think it's a great message for modern day baseball and some evaluators and even some of the talking heads about Yeah, you know what, the culture matters, The chemistry matters. You telling me as a teammate that I'm going to be good and I'm going to help you out. It carries a lot into your confidence as a player. But you know, a guy like Tommy Emmon, who you.
Speaker 5: Know very well.
Speaker 21: The dollars identified this past offseason. He goes through the struggles, and he went through spring training mode pretty much in August. That's not that's not easy to do in the big leagues with the expectations that he had on himself being a dollar short stuff and noutfielder. But I applaud the move internally. What I applaud the most about his game is he's going to be the same whether he's writing second or seventh or eight about fourth, it doesn't matter. He just plays his game.
Speaker 2: You know what's incredible Jose Mota is that for his first six years in Major League Baseball, sho hey Otani never played one postseason game. First year with the Dodgers, he has had a huge impact on the Dodgers being the National League champions. Do you feel like his emotions, his humility, his thriving in a competitive environment has really been the perfect storm for not only himself, but for the Dodgers and what we have to look forward to in the World Series.
Speaker 21: Listen, Show has been just a great fit because showhe wanted to fit with the team. It wasn't about Showy's Show and how everybody else was going to accommodate him. No, it's about how he wanted to fit with the team. And I mean had a conversation with show Hey when he was a free agent, conversation with show Hey when he arrived about you know, the culture and the team and how how many guys he was going to be around. They're going to make him better and Dave, I'll tell you this right now. And I actually spoke with Shoha just a few minutes. He of this environment was gonna make himself better because he challenged himself to say, well, I want to fit, but forget what I did with the other team, with the Angels. It's what they do here that want to be a part of it, make it special. And after eight hundred and seventy five games of not smelling, October to come into and make an impact immediately against Dylan Cees and have an impact of passing information all throughout the series. I don't know if you notice Showy got him based. Oh there's a pitching change. He went back to the dug out and it was passing in frenship to the guys and what he saw. It doesn't matter if he got a base it or not, but things like that matter a lot now he played his game. It wasn't all about let me carry the team. But boy, we talked about the Freddie Freeman's of the world and Mookie Bets of the world, and Max Munson does allowed him to just fit and well and just make his contributions is quite remarkable.
Speaker 2: What a fit, all right, Jose Mota, thanks for the insight. Look forward to doing this again for the World Series, Dodgers Yankees, everything and more that baseball could hope for.
Speaker 21: Congratulations, Socio, that's a magic word there.
Speaker 2: It is. Thank you Jose Mota. Him and his dad were out here today and certainly Manny Mota was a big part of the eighty one world champion Dodgers that beat the Yankees. Rick Monday, ste I saw Steve Garvey today, We saw Lefty, We saw Fred Couples here at the stadium. He came in to say hi to myself. And Rick Monday saw Steve Garvey today. So it was really a star studded event here at Dodgers Stadium. And it should be a wild atmosphere on Friday, Game one at Dodgers Stadium. And I gotta tell you, during the Padres Series, I tried to give you fans a little lesson about fan etiquette. When Jerks and Profar went into the right field short wall field seats to try to catch Mookie Betts home run, the fans got out of the way. No, We explained to you, it's fair play to slap the glove the ball. Get it out of their gloves. If the same thing happens again tonight, you know the team. When the Yankees are trying to get their PitchCom going, the catcher sends the sign to the pitcher. That is the time. Similar to when you're at a football game and the defense for your team is in the red zone. The fans on that end of the stadium make incredible amount of noise to make it more difficult for the offense to communicate. Same thing. In Game one and Game two here at Dodgers Stadium for the Yankee series, be as loud as you can when the Dodgers are at the plate before anything happens, because that makes it a lot harder for the catcher and the pitcher and everybody else to hear the PitchCom in their heads, which disrupts their rhythm. So there you go. Oh, you know they have the rules of conduct. I just gave you two things that are very much within the rules of conduct. Let's go out to the phones again, Leon and Beverly Hills. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 12: Hi, Leon, Hey Dave, is this like the most unbelievable bullpen that we've ever had? I mean, you've got like four or five guys that you would say, you know, if you need three outs in any given situation, you'd be more than comfortable giving them the ball. And I gotta say that, like, you know, the best.
Speaker 2: Bullpen the Dodgers have had, Leon since twenty twenty. Yes, but in a full season that I was a little bit more connected to as you were twenty seventeen when you had Marrow, you had my Aida, and you had Kenley Jansen. But you go back to the twenty twenty World Series, you had trying in, you had Grattarol, you had Kenley Jansen and whoever else the Dodgers could deploy. But I agree with you, arguably the best bullpen they have had in the last ten years.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And I gotta I gotta ask you a question in regard to how they kind of to me in this series. They basically Robertson management sort of kind of like sacrificed a couple games because of you know, having you know, kind of a short front end staff. And I'm wondering, i mean, for the World Series, are they gonna Are they gonna do something like that because we're still we still only have three effectively three starters.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, I mean it's gonna be another You're going to have another bullpen game. The Dodgers don't have four starters, and it's been very effective. Look how far it's taken them. They won a key game four for them in the NLDS against the Padres, and tonight it sent them to the World Series. So you know, it's not ideal. I'm sure he would Andrew Friedman and Dave Roberts would love to have Tyler Glass now out there, but that's not what is reality. So yeah, the bullpen and those guys embracing it and wanting a bullpen game, that makes all the difference in the world.
Speaker 12: It's amazing. And I think that they get a lot of credit for taking these It's like, really, they took some risks here because you know, even starting tonight's copec, I mean that that was a big risk in a sense, you know, he's never been that situation.
Speaker 2: Well he has been. The thought process was is uh, he was a starter. He knows what it's like to start a game. So it's not like they just pick a name out of the hat. There's a lot of thought that goes behind the strategy of deploying these relievers, even starting at the very first inning, so you know you have an overpowering reliever that has been a starter before. So that was the thought process to have Copeck start the game and be the opener.
Speaker 12: So I'm glad it all worked out and we're all ready to celebrate.
Speaker 4: So thanks a lot, Dave for all your hard work.
Speaker 2: For sure, Leon, thank you. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's take another phone call. Francisco. Who's in San Diego. You're on Dodger Talk. Hi Francisco, Hey Dave, how are you doing.
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 2: The party's still going somewhere.
Speaker 7: In La Sure, yes, sir.
Speaker 23: I just want to say, what a fantastic win, what a great team win. I was celebrating with my family over at FaceTime. Three siblings in Texas, one sister in New York. We're all feeling the excitement. Mine with mine with a bluetooth speaker with loud celebrating the music.
Speaker 20: But the only person is missing my mom.
Speaker 23: She's the biggest Dodger fans. She went there having two months ago and and.
Speaker 20: Just brought back tears for my dad because they were the greatest two fans. They used to go together when they're young and went to the Dodger Stadium Washington play. My dad's firite player was Fernando bar Anezuela. But you know what, four more wins and uh and I was the only my mom in heaven. Say mom, they won, but we still got four more wins.
Speaker 2: She was watching. She knew she was watching Tommy Lasorda up there in blue.
Speaker 20: Oh man, Yes, sir, yes sir.
Speaker 23: Let's go against Gully too.
Speaker 2: Let's go all right, Francisco, thank you for the phone call. That's right. She had a front row seat with those guys. And look, you think back to nineteen eighty one. That was the birth of Fernando Mania. That's what helped the Dodgers get over the hump to beat the Yankees. And certainly it's going to be an epic world series. Can't wait for it to start up on Friday, and you know, you're looking at probably Yamamotos starting Game one. You're looking at you know, either Walker Bueller or Jack Flaherty starting Game two. I would imagine it's Walker Buehler because he's had a little extra rest since the last time he pitched in this series. And you know, the Dodgers, they stack up pretty well against any team, and a lot of players that have sent me a text over this postseason believed whoever won the Dodgers padres nlds was going to win the World Series. Now the Dodgers just have to take care of business on the field, but not a shortage of subplots and story lines. Judge o'tani The history of the Dodgers and Yankees. John Carlos Stanton coming back back home. He went to Notre Dame High School, of course. So I just feel like the Dodgers match up really well against the Yankees. Let's go out to all Hambra. Javier, You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Hobby, Hey.
Speaker 4: It's probably one of the greatest days in Dodger fan baseball history. Right, We're all doing well. But I just want to say everyone's saying bullpen, bullpen, We don't have a bullpen. We have a dog pound. All those dogs, all those dogs that dog pound. And I'll tell you what, the Yankees are gonna have a rude awakening. We stacked up so well against them. We have the edge and it's going to prove that. And I said it earlier in the season when I when I got on here, I said, baseball is better when the NL West is better. Dan L West is so strong and the Yankees aren't even gonna know what to do with it.
Speaker 20: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Tommy Edmund. That guy's a yeah. I guess the theme of the World Series the dog pound.
Speaker 21: Are you coming to these games?
Speaker 2: Are you coming to any of the games?
Speaker 4: We'll see if I can scround some tennies together and get to get to a game. HOPEFU though, all.
Speaker 2: Right, if you come to a game, you gotta be loud when the Dodgers are are hitting, and not just after they get a hit. You gotta be loud before a pitch is even thrown to disrupt the rhythm of the pitcher catcher in the infield.
Speaker 4: Definitely, for sure.
Speaker 2: Always all right, AVI here, thanks a lot for the phone call. Appreciated. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number the road to the World Series for the Dodgers. You would have to be, you know, blind to realize the Dodgers have a tougher road to the World Series than the Yankees have. Had no disrespect to the Royals and Guardians, but the Padres number one and the Mets number two, that's a tougher road top to bottom. The National LEA was a better league than the American League this year. The Yankees had a very easy path to the World Series. I just feel like if you took away the pinstripes and the n y on their jerseys, you would realize the Dodgers match up really well against the Yankees and a man that knows all about it. Hey, before we go to this man that has roots in New York. Just another fun fact of Dodger Yankee history. There's only two play by play broadcasters in the history of baseball that were the lead play by play for the Dodgers and Yankees. Do you know who that was? Red Barber in New York and Charlie Steiner here in LA. How about that we'll have more of those nuggets as the week goes along. But first here is our man calling in from parts unknown. He loves a party, he loves a clinching celebration. When the lights are the brightest, he wants to get in there with his poncho. And here he is the one and only Victor Brigg Jacobs.
Speaker 13: David Vasse, Dodgers fans, Chevez, ravine, the rapture, your electricity carried the blue a feeling you listen. Dodgers the Yankees is the monster matchup that the whole baseball cosmos wants. I have been projecting Dodgers in five of the San Diego, which to me was the toughest obstacle. The Mets. They're feisty, they're resilient. I picked the Dodgers and six to beat the Mets, even though I have Queen's roots, born in Brooklyn, raised in Queens, and now the facing the so called mighty New York Yankees. I love the Dodgers to clinch at home in seven. This game was tremendous. The bullpen was tremendous. David Vessey, your interviews were instant classicals. In the Dodger Clubhouse with its champagna flowing with you and Blake Trining when he was basically soaking you with six bottles of beer while doing the interview with a six out save. And then the classical with Max Munsey and Honeywell. I mean, who knew Honeywell was the biggest part here on the Dodgers. The Honeywell interview with Max Munsey instant classic. But again give it up for that bullpen. You call them the dogs. They got the diamond dogs of the bullpen from Trining. Let's get Vesia back for the World Series if we you know, if we can get Gradero back for the World Series, that would be tremendous tradition. Here at the zendo, my beloved bride, Juko Sakamoto lights the floating candles of Harry Potter when the victory is at hand, and she licked the floating candles today in the third ending, because you knew.
Speaker 10: When we got to man it was done. Manyah became a human being. We got to Manaiah. Thank you, Tommy Edmund MVP. Touched by hot oh gosh, and I live you with this hikup I am.
Speaker 13: Bliitzed out here in his zendo, and and Whittio has went out the fireworks that's we win the Pennance. Here's your high call for you winning the NLCS, winning the Pennance, Dodgers the twenty sixth sum a I lift through death, show, no flare, ultimate self sacrifice, Muga no ego, mo shin, no mind, Dodgers in seven, all of the so called Mighty Yankees. That's feeling you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think that's a great way to end the show. Now I'm still a little confused. Did you go lick the candles or did she lit the candles? I wasn't sure either way. It worked. Thank you, Victor Brigg Jacobs. That'll do it for us. Tonight on Dodger Talk, Steve Sachs Tim Kats will have the morning show edition beginning at six am tomorrow. Game one of the World Series between the Dodgers and Yankees will be on Friday here at Dodgers Stadium. We are expecting first pitch to be around fiveh five and we'll see how the Dodgers and Yankees as the week goes along, match up against each other with their starting pitching and obviously the bullpen. Dogs of the Dodgers. Just want to say congratulations again to all the players to Dave Roberts to Andrew Friedman, to Andrew's staff, they did a tremendous job to get to the World Series even though they weren't at one hundred percent, and they're in prime position to win the World Series and give La the first parade since nineteen eighty eight for the Dodgers. Can't say enough, and I thought Dave Roberts said it the best. It's an organizational win, organizational success. I can't say enough about what they've been able to do, especially with all the expectations. Just tremendous and a lot of work has been put in by the players, the coaching staff, Clayton McCullough, Dino Ebol, those guys are out here every day from spring training on with guys like Mookie Beds and Tommy Edmond and Keikey Hernandez and Freddie Freeman. They put in a lot of hours. The hitting coaches put in a lot of hours. It's amazing when you get to the World Series, how you're a genius all of a sudden. They didn't just become geniuses. The Dodgers have really good members on their staff and great great job by everybody. We'll do all the thank yous and all that after the Dodgers win the World Series and we'll be here for that Game one. Let's start with Game one Friday night here at Dodgers Stadium. And in case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app and also all our clubhouse interviews same thing iHeartRadio app. And we'll talk to you tomorrow morning once again. The final score in Game six of the NLCS, the Dodgers defeat the Mets ten to five. Blake Trenton a six out saved. Can't believe they charge that run to him. Should be scoreless still, Tommy Edmonds, the NLCSMVP, and the Dodgers and Yankees on a collision course for the first time since nineteen eighty one. We will talk to you all week long, beginning tomorrow morning at six o'clock. Have a great rest of your night. Please be safe out there. I know we're all excited about the Dodgers winning, but please be safe and be responsible with the celebrations out there. Once again, the final score from Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers defeat the Mets ten to five and are headed to the World Series. We'll talk to you tomorrow, see them, Frantic