Speaker 1: We're going in the boys the nerd tely.
Speaker 2: Mac mac ma, oh yeah, it was totally blackout drunk.
Speaker 3: Ska Fat is the best pound for pound fighter.
Speaker 4: Just just Gron Gron Gron.
Speaker 1: Judge my time, three years des star art.
Speaker 4: Hey Nerds, Welcome back to another episode of three Beers Deep, the podcast where we talk about all our favorite nerdy stuff. I'll spping on some bruise with the boys. New episodes every Tuesday, and if you're only listening to us, go check us out at YouTube at three b D podcast. The three b D is all caps, Sir, I go like and subscribe. I'm justin.
Speaker 2: I'm here with Stu, I'm here and Max. So you guys know I'm like the calmest guy around, right of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah naturally, I mean.
Speaker 2: I'll bite.
Speaker 4: Yeah sure.
Speaker 2: So sometimes at work drives me absolutely insane. When I'm like walking towards the driver that shows up, like yeah, what's going on and the guy says that the exact same thing back that's going on, It's like, fuck, kill yourself. I don't want to leave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get that all the time. And because I always give people how you doing? How you doing? Yeah, they'd be like you're supposed to say like or something.
Speaker 2: If I say something like that and they say the same thing back, I just stare.
Speaker 4: People treat it as like a greeting, just like I'm saying hi, Hi, Hi, No, how you doing It's I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good. I'm here for this all right? Cool? Not how are you doing? You doing?
Speaker 4: Die? You definitely say it to like to like break up the monotony, right, because like sometimes you might get somebody who's just like, ah, had a fucking rough night, but I was drinking a lot last night.
Speaker 2: I did have a guy like that recently. Yeah, my life sucks. I'm like, oh I didn't. I don't care.
Speaker 4: That's why I say it because I actually like that. She's like, I don't want to talk too much about it, but I like hearing it. I'm like, he's got some tea this morning.
Speaker 2: That's he went a little too deep and said, you.
Speaker 4: Know this trauma dumping.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, I crashed this truck yesterday. It was like, it's like, so I went and bought a new truck. I run this company with my girlfriend, So I bought this new truck. But I didn't put her name on. And she's mad at me.
Speaker 3: I was like, sweet and cool.
Speaker 4: Now you're in a conversation where not enough. Damn, that's crazy. We'll get you out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's that sucks.
Speaker 2: Ah, well that's crazy, man, that's uh, that sucks. Bro all right, your teeth are gross?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's where that's where I am. All right, there you go.
Speaker 4: What are we drinking? Where are we at with that?
Speaker 2: I'm drinking this? Yeh, can't see the label. This is your Collision Band Brewing Company, Cleveland based. There we goes Ballard a robust border nice, pretty good.
Speaker 4: Is it Ballard or Bollard?
Speaker 2: It's b oh aar d, so I said Bollard. I don't know what that means me either. It's got a picture of a tug boat on it, though, so I'm assuming tugging some ship, dude, tugging one off.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm continuing with my chocolate lava cake stout.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Nice you've had that a few times?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's bad.
Speaker 3: Then we got treated Jews.
Speaker 4: You trade money, cold hard cash. Got these sun cruisers. I'm on this strawberry lemonade one, very good. I love the sun cruisers.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, sounds good, and we'll get right into the rules here. So rule number one is everything here's a joke. Don't take us too seriously.
Speaker 2: Some might say rule one is on necessari.
Speaker 4: Well, we got to clarify. Rule number two is we're always right. It's our show. If you think we're wrong, fuck you. Rule number three is if you're listening and watching, you gotta drink along with us. Pop the top, Sip, sip, let's go. We're gonna pop the top on Max. Max says something here for us, Sure do, and we're about to find out what do you got for us here?
Speaker 1: Max?
Speaker 2: Today, today we're covering, well, starting a series on Halo Lord.
Speaker 4: Halo Lord.
Speaker 2: I know you could say Halo's kind of dipped in popularity in the last few years, but it's a game that brought us all together.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 2: It's got some nostalgia for us, and I get it. That's some elite helmet. Shut the fuck up about it. We don't have.
Speaker 4: It's the closest thing we got, Okay, but yeah, cool, we got Loader lore, we got Star Wars Lord. Now we got some Halo lore. Yeah, yeah, hey Loo. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Alright, So the Forerunners were a super advanced Tier one world building species, whose empire, called the Ecumene, was spread across three million fertile worlds in the Milky Way about one hundred thousand years ago.
Speaker 4: Empire was called the Ecumene. Yes, well that's kind of cool. What what does tier one means? Space faring?
Speaker 2: Like, like, they they're basically No, they're actually not the highest. There's Tier zero. Oh yeah, so they're they're basically just like they could like build planets basically.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well they did do that. Yeah, they did built those like core worlds or whatever.
Speaker 2: The fuck. We'll get to them. Okay. They also built a bunch of mass all we're getting to them right now. They also built a bunch of massive celestial installations, such as the Halo Array, two arcs and some shield worlds. Holy shit, their largest structure is the shield world zero zero six sarcophagus and Unfathomed. You know, I wrote this when I was sober. Unfathomed mobly, it's a really big thing, a really big dice in sphere. It's well big, it's a big thing.
Speaker 4: They don't die good, remember, he's all right.
Speaker 2: So it's a really big dice in sphere with the diameter of roughly the Earth's orbit around the Sun. No reaction from this guy.
Speaker 4: I'm busy. I'm getting my drinks ready here.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think I talked about it later, but it was at the time when it was found. It was actually shrunk down into like kind of like a slip space pocket. So it was like the side like a quarter, but you go in it's this fucking diameter.
Speaker 4: Of how do you even go into a quarter?
Speaker 2: It's slip space technology there, slipping it slide right in space.
Speaker 4: How do you get into a tight hole? You slip it out?
Speaker 2: Moving on. There's also a bunch of random ship on the surfaces of planets, but that's not nearly as impressive as the dice in sphere thing. That's crazy. They thought of themselves as custodians of the milky the galaxy, and they held the mantle of responsibility, the core belief of their entire society, and the mantle this had been passed down to them by the precursors. That's the tier zero civilization.
Speaker 4: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: They're basically like these guys build planets. I think the precursors basically could build like galaxies and ship Uh, we'll get to them later. For now, short version, they're even more older, even more older. God, I'm great, and they're more old. They're older and more powerful than the fore Runners, which is crazy because the fore Runners are fucking ridiculous. Yeah are they?
Speaker 4: Are we going to get into like their philosophy and stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, getting into everything? I think maybe I say why, I like jump ahead or usually yell at you for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want to get yelled at.
Speaker 2: They actually called themselves the Forerunners because they figured one day they would also be replaced eventually. Sounds like the als ooh, but the men, yeah, the Knold or fan or yeah. Eventually they thought that humans would replace them, giving humanity the title of reclaimers. The Covenant thought of the fore Runners as gods, copying most of their technology from ruins found throughout the galaxy. The Covenant also got real pissed if you messed with four Runner relics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like their holy ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we're gonna get into their physiology a little bit. I like this, like how the average is ridiculous. So they have an average hype of six foot six to thirteen foot seven. Holy fuck it makes sense to me.
Speaker 4: I mean it does sound a lot like humans. You're like, I mean a human could be like four or five all the way. I mean, I guess they could even be shorter than that. Yeah, like up to like eight feet average. Yeah, it's like four to eight.
Speaker 2: Their average weight is two forty to eight thirty. Holy fuck, there's skin colors grayish, pink. What are you gonna say?
Speaker 3: I would like to think that the shortest one is the eight hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: One six foot six eight.
Speaker 3: There's some humans that are six hundred pound life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, disgusting. Listen, weight, What are you doing if you have a fucking on thousand pound person in your life, don't give them food?
Speaker 3: Just let them survive.
Speaker 4: The motherfucker's starving around the world.
Speaker 2: This motherfucker a kid.
Speaker 4: Stop eating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can't move, but for some reason, some dipshit is in their life. Still just handing them twet eat this cake.
Speaker 1: Cake.
Speaker 2: No you don't, now, I don't sit there, you have fat piece sh I'm done wiping your ass all right?
Speaker 4: Oh cleaning your rolls. The smell, you know, it's yeasty.
Speaker 2: Those roles are filled with sour dough.
Speaker 4: It just smells like like feet, you know, nasty feet.
Speaker 2: It was a gross There was a gross side. Was not happy about that side anyway. Usually the Forerunners are pretty tall and slender with flat noses. They're pretty human like, just with those kind of slight differences where they're a little bit weirder looking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have the no nose. Yeah, in Baltimore's style.
Speaker 2: They can also live for thousands of years, but I think that's more with like the assistance of their armors and stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, imagine a thousand years.
Speaker 2: More than that we'll get to like some of the older ones in a bit.
Speaker 4: That's incredible. That would be crazy. That's ten times our lifetime basically.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, it would be pretty nuts. So there's such a drastic difference between their sizes because of their mutations into different rates, which are actually which takes us right into their culture. Funner four Runner rates is really just like the caste system of their society. Yeah, there are six known rates life workers, warrior, servants, builders, miners, engineers, and juridicals. Manipulars are juvenile Forerunners who have not been mutated into a rate yet. Do they get to choose?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: What I mean, you're forced into it doesn't seem like it.
Speaker 4: He said, manipulated, you're going to be.
Speaker 2: They're called manipulars. I don't remember because I think this mostly comes to like three books. I can't remember the titles of them. But don't worry.
Speaker 4: About it, don't think about it.
Speaker 2: So there used to be theoreticals, but that rate got dropped after the human Forerunner war. And I know what you're thinking, Like you said, for runners are around one hundred thousand years ago. How did they get into war with humans? We weren't around it, weren't we?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, we were.
Speaker 2: Fucking spoiled.
Speaker 4: You straight up?
Speaker 2: Their all right? So in their society, builders were the top dogs, then miners, then life workers, then warrior servants, and after them is the engineers, and finally the juridical. They like the big They like to build big, old triangular buildings, and they like to write in glyphs.
Speaker 4: Now, it's like beams coming out of them. What are the juridicals? Were you gonna get into that?
Speaker 2: I think so? I think they're they're basically just like walking journals. Like I don't it's like history books.
Speaker 4: Basically, OK, but like a dude, like a mentat Yeah, kind of dune.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So now let's talk about their technology a little bit. Obviously, they were super advanced on the ground level. They had smart architecture. Basically, if you want to sit down, a bench would appear under your ass, hell yeah, and other things such as that.
Speaker 4: That's pretty sweet. You just start sitting down. You're just like with the confidence, like there's no chair in sight, You're just like one just appears.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I gotta take a ship. Just the wall comes up around you in a toilet.
Speaker 3: But then you can make it the comfiest toilet you want. It's like you just imagine answers like okay, there we go.
Speaker 4: Usually in the middle of like a hotel lobby.
Speaker 2: People like fun. They probably like, dude, shouldn't hurt it.
Speaker 4: I got a shit too, Actually, now you mention it just it just causes like yawning.
Speaker 2: But for shitting, everybody just a bunch of weird cylinders pop up a.
Speaker 4: Everybody's shitting in the lobby.
Speaker 2: It's cool, it's gone. You don't worry about it, all right. So also, everything they build is extremely durable and lasts for an incredibly long time, because you know, like what one hundred thousand years after they're dead. Humans find pristine well humans Covenant find pristine fucking architecture.
Speaker 4: Pretty cool underground too, like he's been buried because it's been so long.
Speaker 3: And they're not natural structures, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: It's not an intrastructure. No ship for it's fucking metal, don't bit.
Speaker 2: Through the power of science, they somehow made lights hard enough to drive across, or you could use it as a shield or as bullets. They even made a whole new species called hurrogox aka engineers. On a darker note, if they didn't like they're a full blown, like synthetic species.
Speaker 4: So the engineers were engineered.
Speaker 2: Gonna love that weird period of science.
Speaker 4: Watch what do YouTube?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: On a darker note, if they didn't like your species, they could evolve you back to the Stone Age. I wonder if we're going to get an example of that later in the episode. Probably not right, we're gonna The.
Speaker 4: Brutes did it to themselves.
Speaker 2: Forehead, so they also had super advanced personal armors preloaded with its very own AI. The armor made it so that they didn't have to sleep. It could also keep them alive for years without food or drink. Got a bad memory, gone need some info, it'll connect to the domain and get it for you don't feel like walking, it'll float your ass down the hall. Wow.
Speaker 4: So they just had like like data centers where they could just plug shit in delete things.
Speaker 2: And I was gonna talk about it later, but I just bring it up. The domain is basically a galaxy wide Wi Fi network.
Speaker 4: That's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. So I should add that these armor suits are just like you're every day walking around clothes basically.
Speaker 4: But it just does everything for kimonos. No, that was so fucking It's just the elites and kamonos for a little legends.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So these armors ranged from class one to sixteen. Guilty Spark actually says that Chiefs armor or Chief's mulnair armor is only about a class two.
Speaker 4: It's like sixteen the highest.
Speaker 2: Then okay, yeah, it's basically dog shit geez, may as well just have a smeared dog shit down it. Wow.
Speaker 4: So that means the fucking what's his name, the dact the Dickda Dickda, his armor was.
Speaker 2: Way it's probably class sixteen because I mean he's the military commander. We'll talk about him and we'll.
Speaker 4: Just super outclassed chief was Yeah, craziness, all right.
Speaker 2: So they also created sentinels for building maintenance and even combat. You know, we can't forget about the monitors, just a little little fucking floaty guys that control a lot of their shit. You know. It's actually I don't think I bring it up in this episode, but that one is actually based off of a human mind. Guilty Sparkus is from a human mind. I think his name was Chokus, which you kind of follow him through those three books that was talking about.
Speaker 4: Oh that's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually kind of tragic, you know what. I'd imagine they also have composers, but we'll get to those later. I'm all right, now I brought up the domain whatever skip that part. Well, I guess I can add that it feeds the information right into your central nervous system, so it's like Internet in your brain. Damn.
Speaker 3: And you see, like that sounds super cool. But then like today's modern day where.
Speaker 2: Everything's fucking's boobs all the time.
Speaker 3: Well, and then it's like some companies just feed you dumb ads. It's not it's just like fuck, I want to think this is sweep, And then I'm like that'd be so fucking.
Speaker 4: Stupid today's day. Oh god, it would be porn, hate mail and ads like fucking spam. God damn it.
Speaker 2: Look at these tits. Go buy some arms.
Speaker 4: I hate you. Fuck you. Your pence sucks. Phit of this podcast.
Speaker 2: Dog shit down what they're fucking talking about. Look at these tits. I want McDonald.
Speaker 4: You're just sitting there.
Speaker 5: Just shut it parted, all right, So with all that useless information in your heads, let's dive into their history.
Speaker 2: About fifteen million years ago these bitches. I must have started having a couple of drinks.
Speaker 4: At this point, these bitches.
Speaker 2: All right, So about fifteen million years ago, these bitches were seated by the precur There's not a planet called Gibalb. I think it's a weird spelling, and I'm just gonna roll with it. It's a paradise of a home world, but they fucked it up with their early experiments with interstellar trap green paradise. Yeah, demand they caused a series of novas scouring their planet with radiation, which lead us into the fore Runner Precursor War. After sucking their home planet up, I'm assuming advancing a bit farther with their technology and advancing a bit farther with their technology. The fore Runners decided to bite the hand that created them, and around ten billion years ago, they wiped out the precursors. They did this because the precursors refused to hand over the mantle. So to speak. It's more of like a metaphorical thing. They were led by the Master builder favor of will it might. Even though the precursors were a tear Zeros species. It's hinted that they let themselves be defeated because they were naive and didn't think that their creations would turn on them. I mean, you're fucking wrong. Yeah. Once that was done, fore Runners became the dominant species of the galaxy. Like I said earlier, with an empire spanning three million worlds. They reached their peak around one hundred and fifty thousand years ago. This brings us to the human Forerunner War. Just about forty three thousand years ago. After they peaked, they got a little visit from us, a fucking human yo. Humans came in hot and wiped out one of their worlds for good reason. They did it to stop the spread of the flood. Fore Owners didn't know that, though, and started fighting back. At this time, human technology was on par with the Forerunners, so being led by a real asshole called the died Act.
Speaker 4: Wait, were the humans seated as well by the by the precursors?
Speaker 2: I think they might have been.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean that might be a different lore episode, so we could probably get into the I could do human lore different Yeah, okay, we'll get into that another episode. St tuned.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to make a call on that right now, but I'm assuming because I think the precursors are like, hey, humans are pretty sweet, should let them take over?
Speaker 4: Yeah? They favored them.
Speaker 2: Yeah so uh. Like I said, the fore Runners were being led by a real asshole called the Didact, and after about a thousand years of battling the flood on one side and the fore Runners on the other, humans were defeated. I should also add humans had some allies in the Sanshi aka the prophets. What got what? And apparently they were super sexy back in those days?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 4: There were some humans fucking dude.
Speaker 2: Probably well yeah, those long necks, all right, it's.
Speaker 4: The throat goat right.
Speaker 2: Humans got theirs though, and we killed all the fucker's children. The Didacts. Every one of us, kill us, knocked them out. Probably not worth it because we were devolved back to the Stone real quick.
Speaker 4: That the Didact always reminded me of Zod. Yeah you know, yeah, this is my sole purpose for which I was made.
Speaker 2: Were actually could get more into the Didact later in the episode, but like I was saying, it probably wasn't worth it because the humans were devolved back to the Stone Age and splintered into many subspecies. I think this is actually going to be a good point to take that camera break, because now we're getting into basically the four Runner flood War, which is going to take us to the end of the fore Runners.
Speaker 4: So camera break, respite, and we're back from our recipe that's foaming up. Oh god, whatever, zip it quick stip takes six.
Speaker 2: Fine.
Speaker 4: So Max is coming at us with some more Forerunner lore to continue on.
Speaker 2: The ship. My phone's that open. Hold on, keep talking.
Speaker 4: I think you said we're gonna get into the human Forerunner War, which happened a long fucking time ago, like hundreds of thousands of years ago.
Speaker 2: I think it was forty three thousand. This is what I said.
Speaker 4: There you go, some three.
Speaker 3: Thousand years ago in a galaxy not so far away, because it's our own galaxy, which.
Speaker 4: Is actually impressive that the humans can come back that quickly from the Stone Age, like forty thousand years. I mean that's nothing in like the length of the galaxy, h exactly, just a burpid response. Yeah, we're very civilized here.
Speaker 2: If the timing works out, that's how that's the response to get some stony shit. Bad my name, bog. I don't fucking bash it with the club. It's not a threat. It's not a threat.
Speaker 4: It's close.
Speaker 2: It's a joke number one, all right. So now with humans out of the way, the foreigners had a new threat to contend with, the flood. Early on, the flood used captured non military vessels to penetrate local forerunners. Then full fucking pan dude, they did that. They penetrated the local foreigner naval blockhades. Goddamn that threw me off, so fucking bad.
Speaker 4: On, I am max coming ba.
Speaker 2: The flood would then land on four hunder planets and turn everything to shit. Eventually, the foreigners just started bombing the fuck out of their own planets to stop the spread. Spoiler alert, it didn't work. After a few hundred years of the war, the foreigners finally figured out, hey, we might be in trouble here.
Speaker 4: Oh shit.
Speaker 2: They stepped up their methods to stop the flood, and now they're destroying entire planetary systems by detonating their stars. They stepped up there.
Speaker 4: Just super nova. Dude, We're fucked.
Speaker 2: All right. So they stepped up their armor and placed some people into protective stasis. They also captured some of the flood and took them into M type installations to be studied. Don't ask, I don't know what the fucking M type stitch it was installation.
Speaker 4: I mean that's like when they have them on the Halo Ring and share on the Arc. They're just like in prison there to like study.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing worked, so they finally started to think, maybe we find the Halos. The er did act, though, wasn't having it, saying it would be it would betray the mantle, so er dictor actually, you know, I think I get into the well will died accent second here, I'll explain it later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that gets a little confusing there a little bit.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the war kept going to ship and the flood was starting to make grave minds all over the place their version of a supercomputer. I guess you could kind of call it that. They're almost kind.
Speaker 6: Of like prescient too a little bit, yeah, because I mean they have if they're absorbing all the minds of the fore Owners, they kind of kind of probably pieced together what's gonna happen seeing the past and the future.
Speaker 4: Best present in future Lisa, it's the grossest Lisa, and it is nasty. It's like slug boy. What's grosser slug boy or grave mind?
Speaker 2: Grave mind?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's creepier.
Speaker 2: So the fore ownners made themselves some super spart and Scilla's their version of an AI. They made the Contender class and Sola mendicant bias. What though, it went rampant and wiped out a bunch of four runners on their capital world. If you want to call it that may Thrillian Mithra.
Speaker 4: Kind of sounds like Quortanta what Quartaa did. Yeah, she went rampant and fucked a bunch of shit.
Speaker 2: The crazy bitch. It jacked seven of the original twelve Halos and fired them fired at least one of them off. One was destroyed by bombardment, while the other six were destroyed trying to escape through some portals, and I don't think I had described the capital of the fore Runners earlier, but it's basically like if you took a planet and like sliced it and then like turned it on like central axis. It's fucking weird as shit.
Speaker 4: Like I think I understand what you're saying, Like you, yeah, you put on this central axis and then you like kind of like if you slice an apple and then just shift all the pieces. Yeah, it's like around to make like a spiral.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a crazy looking.
Speaker 4: Like a DNA strand kind of yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like a planet, a fucking planet sized?
Speaker 4: Why why did they do that? Just because it's cool?
Speaker 2: More space than it looks cool?
Speaker 4: They don't have any like magma magma in the core.
Speaker 2: I actually don't know if it was an actual planet, if they just built.
Speaker 3: The whole thing hollow installation planets or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could have just built the whole thing like that, just like, look this fucking crazy thing, dude, what's it called the eighth brillion? All right, So after shit got shittier, Yeah, I was definitely drinking this, the fore Runners made a new, smaller but more powerful halo. Al Right, The first twelve were thirty thousand kilometers across and had a much more directed beam. And now the new seven were ten thousand kilometers and had an omni directional attack. It just shoots out shit everywhere science.
Speaker 4: Omni war, Omni directional. Dude, that's everywhere, that's everything.
Speaker 2: You canta fucking watch up. Omni directional. Where's it coming from? Omni everywhere? Omni man, he's every man.
Speaker 4: But everywhere, man, motherfucker's everywhere.
Speaker 2: Man. So the librarian started scooping up as many species as she could, saving them on the arc. Also, at this point, the rd active active, the her didact is going a little nutty. He met up with the Primordial, which is like the last living remnant of the Precursor race, and.
Speaker 4: It kept one of them alive.
Speaker 2: Somebody did, They kept it in stasis somewhere. Oh yeah. And like the description of it is so weird, it's I probably should have wrote it in here. But it's got like a sting right head and like a bunch of fucking arms still look it up.
Speaker 4: So he looks like a It's a great mind.
Speaker 2: A more refined grave mind, I would say, which makes sense because of the Primordial.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which I'm sure we'll get into it in another Halo Lower episode, but like, I yeah, I mean it. The cursors are the flood.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I think it's like they were kind of like absorbing species, but then when they got betrayed and killed, they're like, you know what, fucking make the flood rampant as ship kill everything.
Speaker 3: Like this looks there's not a very good like clear head on picture. There's lots of like behind pictures, but.
Speaker 4: It's taking ash shots for Instagram.
Speaker 2: Like that's like from the behind, from behind, yes, okay, on the bottom right there, I guess, yeah, and there you go. Okay, it looks like a collector. Yeah, it's kind of like a bunch of the species mushed together to look fucking crazy, kind of cool looking. So like I was, the Urdidact met up with the pre primordial and it blew his fucking mind. It made him a bit crazy, so he started composing people with the composers obviously, where it pretty much just melts their bodies and turns their minds into data so he could put them into mechanical bodies. So, because the flood absorbs biomass and turns it into more flood, felt.
Speaker 4: I love that thought. Like I've always thought of us like and this could be a pondering episode I guess in the future. But like I always thought of us as like data, Like our mind just logs all the data, Like we just have no USB to plug into to like upload it anywhere, Like it just stays right here. There's no like our cloud is with us.
Speaker 2: So I don't know's we do podcasts. We can just into data, the worst and dumbest data that can never be on the Internet, and it lasts for whatever future. Assholes listening to this, fuck.
Speaker 4: You dude, ten thousand years from now. Fuck you do.
Speaker 2: So fucking crazy? I alien. She's like, the fuck?
Speaker 4: What is this radio transmission? What are they talking about?
Speaker 2: A screaming at me?
Speaker 4: Why are they arguing over superheroes?
Speaker 2: Non existent superheroes?
Speaker 4: They're just young? What is this cong verse? Godzilla? Did this actually happen on their planet?
Speaker 2: A giant lizard like a giant moucking No, it's all I managin and they're rooting for them.
Speaker 3: It's pretty interesting though, Like thinking about the I don't know, I never really thought of it until you just brought it up. Like how like the flood is you know, absorbing all these the biomass and making like this huge date of it, and then the foreigners who are like, dude, that's fucking horrible, and then they just do the same thing, but they just turned them into data just cloud mass, and so they're doing the same thing. Both both parties are doing the same fucking thing.
Speaker 4: And then just put him into like warrior rate. Fuck damn dude, that is yeah, that's a good points too.
Speaker 2: I never thought about it like that.
Speaker 4: You some of a bitch, fucking hippocrpsy.
Speaker 2: So while all that's going on, the librarian is working against the er did Act because she's buying time for the Iso Didect to go to the arc and fire off the halos. Who's the Isodidact, ye ask, yeah, I am. Just before the er it's so stupid. Just before er Didct was locked up, him and ISO were hanging out a lot, so ISO decided to mutate into a di Dect. ISO's real name is born Stellar makes eternal last thing. ER's name is Shadow of sunderds Star.
Speaker 4: So like the die Act is a rate right, like we talked about earlier, did Act is a dude, And then like this other Forerunner was hanging out with him so much as like, dude, you're like fucking you're fucking sweet, dude, I'm gonna take some of your DNA and basically become a copy of you that DNA. So it is the director? How did you get?
Speaker 2: Like you like, basically, how do you get that?
Speaker 4: You know how he got it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I mean the fore Runner suits. He probably just had the suits just fucking do it.
Speaker 4: No, No he didn't. That sucks, No he didn't. So like, is the dict a title?
Speaker 2: A ship? All right? You're asked questions, don't have the answer, or.
Speaker 4: Is it like it's just like I'm a guy, I'm the dieect best.
Speaker 2: Actually, now, the thing, I think it is a title because he was like the fucking top dog of all their military. So I'm assuming like he probably has his own mutations to make him into the best warrior possible and like the top of the line armor. So what the fun was the guy's name? Bourne? Stellar? Like he hooked up with the diet I just meant I just met he met up with him and he's like, hey, bro, you're pretty fucking cool. Give me that d give me them mutation.
Speaker 4: Gloo glood gloock.
Speaker 2: Man, I was so mature.
Speaker 4: Luckluck three thousand dude. Anyway, thank you for that thread. That's a clip, dude for sure.
Speaker 2: All Right, so how is the librarian buying time? You ask? She blasts that bitch with a binary rifle and traps him in the core of Requiem, where he can essentially scroll tiktoks until using the domain until he's.
Speaker 4: He got disintegrated, like like now, because when you use that in the game, it fucking.
Speaker 2: Yeah turns into the data you're thinking about. Fucking Spartan level two armor. He's got that sixteen he was I think he was just injured, and she just like locks him up in that sphere at the center of Requiem so he could just hang out, like like I said, scroll tiktoks on the domain for until he's done with a little freak out there.
Speaker 3: You know, the super advanced things like how do I get him in there?
Speaker 2: Blast the fuck sh Alright. So with the er Didect locked away, the Librarian came up with a tricksy plan to keep the flood off of ISO's ass. She lured the flood to Earth with a fake out message. So Iso fires off the halos and as the flood is crumbling around her. It gives her little insight into the domain. Turns out it's not a forerunner invention. It was a precursor tool based on neural physics, and it wouldn't What the fuck does that even say? All right, never mind, I got it, and what you know it? Firing the halos is going to fuck up the domain. Oh so looks like the rd did act doesn't get his tiktoks. Fuck dude, he gets endless silence to stew it about how angry he is at everything. So he's just like one hundred.
Speaker 4: Thousand years darkness nothing, God damn it.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't have hooked up with that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Cheata and I his wife with her.
Speaker 4: Hey, what a great way to punish your axe.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It's weird because like the librarian treats them both like her fucking husband at this point. It's a little bit creepy. So dude, I think he is getting cooked by it. Sounds like a damn no wonder. He is so fucking mad when he comes out of that sphere.
Speaker 4: Dude, it's a million year affair alright, So dude, who copied you?
Speaker 2: Sucks them off one time?
Speaker 4: Takes your haircut, I'm you all right.
Speaker 2: So, now that all the sentient life in the galaxy is dead, there's just a few four owners left on the lesser arc, including the Isodidact. After reseating life in the galaxy using the key ships, they decide to dip out on the galaxy altogether. They find a planet and settle down, giving up on their super advanced technology. ISO Mary's another one of the survivors, and they have a son. Are there still four owners out there? Possibly? Yeah, probably, but we're not quite done with there's few. I mean, you need like well I think.
Speaker 4: They we need like five hundred motherfuckers to restart.
Speaker 2: I think there were like a couple of thousand left. Okay, so I guess I kind of downplayed how many were left.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's enough to repopulate. But they're not like advanced anymore. Yeah, just like probably just confined to whatever planet they're on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But also you never know, like some of the guys could have been like, hey, we're gonna use technology again. Fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, So story isn't quite done yet because er did Act was locked up, but as we know, master Chief releases him and then kills him. Quote unquote and.
Speaker 4: That's the direct Okay, Yeah, I saw Iso dict Iso is the g the og no.
Speaker 2: Didact is the original.
Speaker 4: Oh he's the original. Okay, Okay, Iso is sorry confusing.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm trying to keep it as straight as you know. Things got a little weird there for a second.
Speaker 4: Try to keep it straight. But you know, dudes are hooking.
Speaker 2: Up all right. So, like I said, or did Act was unleashed by Chief and then he kills them at the end of Halo four. Go listen to Halo four if you want that whole story.
Speaker 4: Yep uh oh.
Speaker 2: Though didn't actually die in a comic book, he's essentially transported to Installation the zero three, where he starts working on finding more composers. He kills some Spartans, and luckily Blue Team is sent to investigate the dead Spartans. They show up and start for I think it's a black team. Black team. Yeah, so they show up and start fighting, but kind of get their asses handed to them. The Diadact wants the Monitor of Insulation zero three to transport it to Earth, where he could wipe out a fuck load of humans I think all of them really because why he's because his mind's still fucked up from having it blown by the It was pretty no, not that precursor like fucking blew his fucking mind to be like, hey, four runners ain't ship. Okay, he's not getting blown to get the DNA. This is this is a full.
Speaker 3: Mind blows different times.
Speaker 2: This is a mind blowing, not a DNA blowing all right, Where the funk was I God damn it. Eventually Chief sneaks up behind him and stabs that bitch in the eye Dict. He still doesn't die, though, and has Chief by the helmet about to kill him until the Monitor grows some balls and attacks the Didect. YadA, YadA, YadA. Eventually Chief drops a section of the ring that has the Didact and himself on it to the planet below. Chief is teleported away and the Didact dies. But oh wait, he is not fucking dead yet, not letely dead yet. His body's gone, but there was like five composers around him that exploded, which kind of got through his armor and destroyed his body. Whatever.
Speaker 4: Now he's just data yeah nexon.
Speaker 2: So his physical form was destroyed like Saaron, but his mind was sent to the outskirts of the domain. He meets up with some other Forerunners that were locked out of the car, and also his victims from the New Phoenix in Halo four, so like there's humans in there. He sees Kortana corrupt the Warden Eternal, and he actually helps Blue Team escape from Krtana at the end of Halo five. Even though he hates Chief, it's basically the lesser of two evils for him. I guess he's like, I hate Chief, Cortana is a bitch, and I hate He realizes Kurtan, like I just said, I realize that she's a much bigger threat. Krtana is pissed and traps him in all his worst memories. The librarian helps him.
Speaker 4: Like center, Yeah, yeah, he's in the shame rooms.
Speaker 2: The librarian helps him escape, but then disappears again.
Speaker 4: All right, does that mean he's still out there?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm not done. I mean we're closing in on the end here. He also finds out that the composers that blew him up burned away the corruption of the flood left on him all those years ago, So like when the Precursor blew his mind to those basically flood corruption h just of the brain of his entire body, that's what drove drove him fucking nuts and on him to kill humans and all that.
Speaker 4: That's kind of cool because it like has the the contrast of like when Keys is in that fucking grave mind everything, but his brain is corrupted. Yeah, like his mind is still working.
Speaker 2: I mean, his brain was definitely fighting for us as much as it could.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we see, it's just the opposite, you know, Like he got his mind, da got his mind blown. First thing corrupted was his mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Keys had his mind blown.
Speaker 4: Last thing was his mind and then getting corrupted.
Speaker 2: It's kind of cool, all right, So the erdid Act has his sanity back. He continues to fuck around, eventually killing the word in Eternal, unlocking the core for himself and everyone else that was stuck outside the core of the Domain. He visits Kartana on installation zero seven, basically teung her she's a dumb bitch and maybe she was also corrupted by the flood, don't bitch. After that, Krtana sacrifices herself and leaves a message for him, but that it doesn't matter. So finally at peace, he pulls out of the real world completely and enjoys the domain for all of eternity. He also finds his beloved wife and for some reason gets a happily ever after.
Speaker 3: Wait, the wife that cheated on him with dealer dude.
Speaker 4: Was cucking him.
Speaker 2: No, So as first as.
Speaker 4: Of four Runners man, he.
Speaker 2: Also lacked the domain, so like, no more of the human ais could break and be like we're falking omnip So yeah, that's the end of four Runners.
Speaker 3: So just you know, I always kind of wondered like if they were ever going to do anything in the games with that, since like the last time you see him in game, you kill him, but then you hear him talking and then you never see him again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they done that like two games in a row and Halo. It's almost like you should pick a fucking villain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they really should, but at least think about what their story is going to be. Fucking just throw something on the wall.
Speaker 4: But I think they are on the right track with the Brutes though.
Speaker 2: I like making the Brutes.
Speaker 4: The main antagonist. They absolutely just do. They should have done that from the fucking beginning. Just make the Brutes now are the main conquerors like of.
Speaker 2: The Galaxy though actually kind of along these lines, do you guys know the new quartana AI's name the weapon, like the weapon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I don't. They never They didn't mention in the games, you know what.
Speaker 2: They did mention in a fucking book that a lot of people probably aren't gonna read.
Speaker 4: Of course they did. I mean there's so much Halo lower that goes on in books and all that versus like when you just play the games, you're kind of lost.
Speaker 2: Her name is joy Us. It's from like a poem that they say Kurtana talked about all the time, which she never mentioned once in books or the games, and they call her joy for short.
Speaker 3: Yes, fine, that's fine if it could have come up with something that actually tied back to the other games at or anything like nothing instead of.
Speaker 4: Call her like Court or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, they call her joy Us or joy And it's fucking insane that they did that in a book instead of the.
Speaker 3: Games, because even tease it in the games, like I think I know my name, and then they never like show you you think that would be like part of the next game, like what what is it?
Speaker 4: And like and like we mentioned that it's called Halo Infinite. There was limited limited, I mean limited you.
Speaker 2: Could go into the game and just infinitely wander around as long as you want, but not.
Speaker 3: Fight any enemies because they don't respond to shit and just wander nothingness. I mean, like I I like the lore, I just don't think they should have put that in games.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think that you should have fought these things. And like, I don't know, I'd much rather would just like to stay grounded and fight Covenant and bruce things like that. But yeah, but Lord.
Speaker 4: School, Yeah, yeah, I've always kind of teetered on that. Like part of me likes all the extensive lore that Halo has, but part of me just likes being a soldier in this human covenant war. Yeah, and like there is like the overarching story was always like meant to be a mystery, but then like all these books kind of give it away. And I do like the Forerunner history is fucking cool. I've always thought it was fucking sweet. I mean, just data like they're like, yeah, like they're like cloud creatures, like data clouds.
Speaker 2: They were physical beings back in the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, like they they manipulated all the data, like they would take people like when they were saving all of them, they would just extract their data and put it in a bank and then like reanimate them later.
Speaker 2: It's cool. Shit, well like three four three, Like I was saying earlier, he was a dying human and they're like, hey man, you want to like keep an eye on this ring. He's like, I goes soap.
Speaker 4: So they put him into that monitor and he basically becomes Artem Sola and he got a little nutty. Yeah, it's cool. I like all the extensive lore, but at the same time throws you off after playing the games because they play the games and you're just like, you're just a soldier. It was like Master Chief being just a soldier. He doesn't need to know all this ship. Just kill.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shoot your way out of shit.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: I think that wraps up the episode.
Speaker 3: Sounds good. Well, we got at least one more coming up for this.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean I'm gonna keep working on these because I enjoy them. There's a lot of Halo lore, Shockingly yeah, because there's, uh, there's at least like thirty books, I think, and I'm pretty sure I've listened to all of them. There's some comics out there. That's where I got like the Chief stabbing died act in the eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you hear that.
Speaker 3: The author of like the first few Halo books just died recently. Oh really made like the flood and the First Contact or whatever it's that's a shame.
Speaker 2: Damn We're actually come with the First Contact in the next episode.
Speaker 4: I like that lore. The flood lore is fucking cool that it was like the Precursors going.
Speaker 2: It was basically the Precursor's revenge, like, hey, you killed us, fuck you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I always enjoyed that. The flood lore is really cool. Gets a little too carried away.
Speaker 2: I don't think they even mentioned, like during the flood war with the or Forerunners formers like, dude, the flood's not infecting humans, why are they not doing that? It's because the floods, like we're doing that by choice. And then they started infecting humans sneaky beast, So like the fore Runners were trying to like look into humans, like why are they immune when they they just weren't. It's just the flood being tricky, was being selective.
Speaker 3: Man. Wow, I mean they probably getting well I was gonna say they're probably getting more information from the fore Runners than humans, but you said at that point the humans were almost as well.
Speaker 4: When well they did they want to revenge?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, like you know, yeah, because the humans were fighting the flood before they ran into the fore Runners. So yeah, they're just getting all kinds of information.
Speaker 3: All right, nice, Well yeah see you guys got anything else, We'll wrap this one up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just talked for a fucking hour. Very cool.
Speaker 4: I liked that episode. That was very.
Speaker 2: Enlightening, miss age.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, keeping out for some more of these coming up, And if you want some extra episodes, you can go at a Patreon dot com slash three bears D podcast. Do you want some extra content, go to Instagram and TikTok at three b D podcast. And if you were saying earlier you want to watch along see all these props in our beautiful faces, you can do that YouTube three b D podcasts as well.
Speaker 2: Beautiful as to reach.
Speaker 3: And uh reach. But so if you want to email us your thoughts on this or anything else three Beers D Podcasts, I'll spelled out at gmail dot com. Don't forget to like, subscribe, share, whatever, tell friend everything. It all helps on any of the platforms that you're watching or listening to. And I think that's it.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening, catch you next time.
Speaker 4: Three bearsty Later Nerds Drink up Herd didact is good, cool cook for you. M