Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Dando here and welcome to this very special sneak peek at our Patreon exclusive review of season eleven's eight Misbehavior. Now, if you listen to this, you'll be wondering, where's Guy. Well, there is no Guy in this review. No, it is reviewed by myself and my original co host, Mitch. Now, if you're a supporter of ours on Patreon, you would already be well aware that Mitch has rejoined the show after six long years, and every single month we review two season eleven episodes of the show exclusively for our supporters on Patreon. So Mitch was my co host for the first ten seasons of four Finger Discount. He took a break, and now we are kicking off where we left off. So we started at the beginning of season eleven and we're working our way through the teen era of the show, which for the most part, Mitch has never seen. So it's a lot of fun. But it's just fun to catch up and talk about dad life because Mitch is now a dad as well, and it's just good for a good old fashioned Mitch and Dando catch up each and every month. So each month our Patreon supporters get access to two exclusive season eleven reviews featuring Mitch and Dando and his little sneak peak at our recent review of eight Misbehaven. Hope you guys enjoy this, and if you do, in fact enjoy it, think about maybe supporting the show on Patreon for getting access to every single episode featuring mich and Dana. But for now, enjoy our review of eight Misbehaven.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you want the child a Pooh?
Speaker 1: You're not? I dou?
Speaker 3: I mean there comes a damon a man's life when he asks himself, who would flood my corpse down the Ganges?
Speaker 1: Oh pooh, take me now?
Speaker 2: Or cacta fourfinger Discount dude.
Speaker 1: Welcome to four Finger Discount, the podcast where we always appreciate a good banana bread and Dando, I am Mitch.
Speaker 3: Would you like nuts in your banana breada or you were? Well maybe not in this house? Yeah, a riot to Nicolai.
Speaker 1: Will never been a nut man. I've never liked peans, never liked the smell of them. Look any form of nuts, Tala Teler of the Kid weird right, no texture in your banana bread?
Speaker 3: Then you with like just a soft, smooth, toasted.
Speaker 1: Or fresh I had never eaten banana bread before I met Nikola. She opened up me to a whole new world of food. Yeah. I never tried Indian food. I've never tried Thai food. I just never. I was just my mum made sausage and vegetables growing up. You know what I mean, the heat and be meat and bedge.
Speaker 3: I put it to you that not much smells better than banana bread baking in the house. I think I was gonna say cinnamon scroll Maybe what's better than the smell of a taste? I mean, nicola makes What I like about banana bread is nicola makes it healthy as well. And sometimes you got to spoil yourself with with your treats.
Speaker 1: And but I like eating it knowing this is better for me than normal banana bread.
Speaker 3: You know that it's something that like I've done a few healthy banana breads.
Speaker 1: You don't want to feed your kid too much sugar.
Speaker 3: But then a few weeks back, I was like, you know what, fuck it, I'm just gonna like I am throwing everything in this and I don't care and enjoy it. And it was the soft, juiciest most And I was just like, oh, that's the secret. Like if you if you're eating, if you want to know if the banana bread is good for you're bad for you. If it kind of feels closer to cardboard, it's healthy. Yeah, if it feels in any way soft, fifty grams a sugar person, that's the secret. Because I was making a rap the other day, right, chicken rap, not hip hop album, No No No, I wish and our friend Big Brigsy whole gray must I had whole gray mustard or I had garlic aoli and I was like, whole.
Speaker 1: Grad mustard is good for the waist mustard. And this voice in my head was like, just do it, just just do the Ali. And I was like, we're going to make something. I want to enjoy it. It's just Ali. Yeah, And I had the Ali, loved it. Yeah. Good. Sometimes just going to be a sandwich you were mentioning earlier when you last a couple episodes ago. You make taco sometimes and the light sour cream is like, not light, it's going to do it? Just make sure. Yeah, light cheese fuck that. Yeah, we always get we get light cheese. Yeah, and it's sort of a bit that much lighter. It's like maybe two grams less fats just go full. Yeah, an old manager of mind that always drank light milk. What are you doing yourself, Matty? Not saving anything? It just enjoys it.
Speaker 3: I was like, I was holding up nutrition labels and are you sacrificing the flavor so much for like the ten percent.
Speaker 1: Don't go by the serving sizes, go by the per hundred mil That's where the real comparisons are much better. But this episode here, it's about a Pooh and Andula finally getting a child, well eight of them. It's an episode that's very bizarre by the end. But I thought everything leading up to the wacky end was really fun and enjoyable.
Speaker 3: Wacky end was grim, I'll be honest, and I feel like that is not a fair judgment of the episode. It's more because, in a similar way to idiocracy, when society has pushed yourself so far that you look back at satire from twenty years ago, and I was watching it, I was like, it actually just doesn't feel all that far fetched, And as a result, I feel sad for these babies.
Speaker 1: They're not laughing at the idea of them. I feel like if someone had topless now, we'd get a reality show about it.
Speaker 3: While they already was there. It's not the one with showed, was it. I'm sure that was the crazy thing? Is I believe it? It doesn't seem unrealistic? Yeah, yeah. We watch Have You Been Paying Attentions?
Speaker 1: The only show we watch on free to air TV, right, and we see a lot of ads for reality shows and I'm watching this, going why is this person getting their own reality show? Who is this person? It's like, you know, some hillbilly guy in the States has got his dating two sisters are his two different wives, And I'm like, why is this now a television show?
Speaker 3: Not to make a joke or make light of a bad situation, but the most recent reality show thing that was that I saw was that from Maps I think it was UK Maps.
Speaker 1: A couple of.
Speaker 3: Contestants alleged alleged sexual assault and I think as far as to say it.
Speaker 1: Was one of them was raped.
Speaker 3: Well on reality show, on the show and it's just always the ones you most suspect. Well, this here, I thought, the overall story of a Pooh and Mandela struggle to get pregnant, then deal with the task of parenthood despite the fact this is everything they wanted. Then the realization of Oh, this is hard, because parenthood is hard. It has its challenges, but you do it because you love it and that's what you've wanted. I thought it was just very relatable for people who have, particularly prison.
Speaker 1: Yes if you don't those who have who have now had a child, I thought they really I thought who wrote this episode. I think it was Matt Salmon. I mean, Matt Salmon did a really good job of just capturing that the pressure and stress of parenthood because you love your kids are death. But it's just like, oh I need a break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple of days in and I mean, imagine eight of.
Speaker 1: Them, That's what I say. It was hard enough with one. Let me obviously had that second, but eight on your first go around.
Speaker 3: Ash had a really good friend had triplets and I saw them for the first ones that went from not having had kids to having three of them, and I saw them a couple of weeks later. And you've never seen a more tired pair of people in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not just mentally, it's physically as well. Everything about actually change it.
Speaker 3: You think, like, I mean, it's not war, obviously think but now no one knows that I'm making this as a serious comparison, But you think about the idea of someone fighting in the somme and there's just like fucking shelling after shelling after shelling, and you're not getting any sleep, and like, that's the closest comparison that I can imagine. And even just with one, it was that like those first two weeks, you know, you hit a tiredness that you didn't know existed, where it's just like, I'm les never slept for more than like three hours. Sorry through the at nighttime it was never more than three and in the day it was never more than like forty five minutes to an hour. So every forty every every three hour cycle would begin with like wake up, have a feed, but whatever, have a little bit of a play, go to sleep. Then within that forty five minute period, it's like I have to clean everything. I've got to clean the towels that we just use for all of this. I've got to make sure that we've got There was breastfeeding and bottle feeding was like make sure that all that stuff is fine, and we've cleaned the bottles and everything's gone, and you'd be seventy percent of the way through that and then she'd wake back up, and it was and it's just that for like two straight weeks.
Speaker 1: Two weeks. Holly didn't sleep for an entire two years.
Speaker 3: Did you guys have to go sleep school?
Speaker 1: Did you? Oh? No, you just Holly? She had when they throw up in their mouth talking to me syndrome. No, no, they throw up in their throat and it causes like, no, that burning sensation in your throat when you're thrown up. So she hasn't actually thrown up silent reflex because she's not actually throwing up, it's just sort of burning her throat. So she just cried and cried and cried, and it was it was just after two full years she slept the full night. Yeah, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Was she diagnosed for that or was it an unknown?
Speaker 1: Okay? So you knew and still just couldn't count even do it? You can't, you can't. There's no cure for silent reflex. They just outgrow it. The doctors would just say grow it, like grow it easy for you to say, doctor, Oh no, it's like yeah, but when it's like every I was different and I'm like that doesn't help me because that's for us. It was knowing or not knowing when is this going to end. It will end at some point. But when and we met someone once at like this like group thing, she was like, my child's form, she's still doing it and like that broke Nikola, like it broke me. Like Nikola was just when I saw I wasn't too bad. But when I saw that it broke Nicola. I'm like, if Nicholas broken, unbroken, like Nicholas stronger than I am mentally. And when I saw that she was just broken, I'm like, yeah, I'm done. That's rough.
Speaker 3: Were like, that's what We only have one child now, Yeah, and you're better for it. And it's nice that I've got somewhere to sleep if I too after recording.
Speaker 1: Ye, but yeah, I just thought there's particular scenes in this that really captured the vibe of parenthood. You're just touching on the when they wake up in the night and whatnot when a pooh, it's the times and he's just fallen asleep with them. Have you had you done that? There was a couple of times where I just fell asleep next to the I woke up next to the cot not realizing that I've fallen asleep. Ah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, only one time comes to mind, and kind of shamefully, it was an accident. I'd actually we were on holidays and I'd had a few drinks and I came back. I went out with mates while ash was in the hotel, and I came back and Lex was crying. And I could tell with mates after she was born, no, no, not after she was born. She would have been about one. She was not quite one at this age. But I came back and could tell from the look on Ashal faces, like all this has been going on a while, and as much as all I want to do right now is crawl into bed, I've got to relieve.
Speaker 1: The I've been having fun and she's been here doing this, yeah, and that.
Speaker 3: The only way I could get her to stop crying was to sit her on my chest and sort of lay back myself. And then I fell asleep and woke up. And just because of how small she was and the fact that I was not sober at the time, I did really hate myself for that one, to be honest, I was like, that wasn't not cool. You feel jealous for doing things for yourself? Yeah, I mean, but you feel feel guilty, feel guilty, You feel guilty yeah, you feel you feel I knew what she meant it, but like, that's that's the deal. You just from that, I was like, I'll never get drunk again if there's a chance that I have to be looking after it, because it's not worth with that.
Speaker 1: Beyond that, though, I typically go back to the like really young.
Speaker 3: If she was having a hard time sleeping. I liked being awake for those moments because I knew that it would pass pretty quickly and she would only be that small for such a small time thing. Yeah, so I would listen to audiobooks or watch a movie on an iPad and like I'd set up a little thought of mattresses or dooms or whatever.
Speaker 1: Pillows whatever.
Speaker 3: I had to keep the light away from her eyes, so it'd be like she'd be on my left shoulder and I'll just be around the corner there watching Star Wars. But yeah, so that was kind of how I rolled. I was like, what, I had five weeks off, which helped with some manual even parental leave. So I was in that state where I was like, whatever, I'll just be tired in the day. I want to take these moments and let Ash have asleep.
Speaker 1: That's for me. Obviously, podcasting is my job. Now. I could go out and get an office job somewhere whatever, But I just like they're any little once. Yeah, and I've got so much time out. I pick them u from school every day. I take them to schoolvery day. I kick the footy with Elliott for an hour after school at his school, play with Holly on the monkey bars and whatnot. I won't get to do this forever. Yeah, so I'm just gonna take this chance now, enjoy these moments, and I think our relationship be better for it. In the future, of course it will be. Yeah, amazing. But Homer and Margin this episode, I thought they were used pretty well. I thought, you know, they they kind of become the default of poor Mandula couple's friends. Yeah, yep. Never really seen a poor manjol hanging out with anybody else but the Simpsons. Ye, and Homa was there for them in the earlier stage of trying to get them help pregnant, help save the babies in the end as well, and Marge was just there making her banana butter as well. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Marge largely, I think she was written and performed really well in this, Like it felt pretty true to life of of a mother, like an experienced mother helping an expectant and then ultimately new mother through that process.
Speaker 1: Trying to yeah, give her advice and whatnot, because when you're a first parent, you don't take advice. I remember my parents give me advice and I'm like, you don't know what you're talking about, old lady. I know what I'm doing, Mum. Just leave it to me, Give me the ball and I'll do the rest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, myself in trouble if I talk too much about I was like, take it from everywhere, but I could also take it with a grain of salt, whereas Ash would take it to heart a little bit more.
Speaker 1: How'd you guys take it? When someone was telling you weren't doing it right, I.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't shoot back at them again. For me, it was more about defending Ash. So Ash would question herself and then I would be like, fuck that. The only thing that matters is lex and the thing you said before, All kids are different. So I was always able to be like, Okay, yes there's advice, and there's a spectrum and all those sorts of things, like we had a maternal health nurse say you shouldn't pat them on the bum when you're trying to settle them, because it can disrupt some kids. And I was like, great, except when I do it, it works, and I think she's like so it was just that it was like, well, I'll be led by her more so than what a textbook or what someone else's experience would be. Try it, sure, but if it doesn't work, it's all right.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to try to make my kid fit that box. It's more go in the direction that is working for the kid.
Speaker 1: We changed health nurses. Yeah, have three different ones. The first one was always The first one was just like this is how you do it and you can't do it any other way. The second one was just sort of I could tell she was judging us for this and the other. So we went to the third one. The third one was like, what have you guys been doing? And we sort of explained things and they're like what works the best, this option, this option. She's like, just do more of that. She's like, all kids are different. You do what works for you guys, and for your kid. I'm like that's what we needed to hear, Like, you're not doing it wrong, you just need to do it your way.
Speaker 3: Granted, there are some things that are definitely wrong.
Speaker 1: Pillows not on the top of the face. Yeah, yeah, wrap them up in winter. I feed them three times a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a few basics that I think we can all get behind this. But then the other little things like, you know, some kids are going to like a night light on in the room or white noise. Some kids are going to want a dark room in silence. Some kids like to be swaddled, some kids like to be in you know. The stupidest, simplest one for us was changing to sleepsuit. Like Lex hated being wrapped up as a kid, so like if her arms were tucked in, she was awful. Then we got the saffish things. Yeah, the Staffish sleepsuit was golden for ages, and that was one of those things of like, oh no one said we could do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I thought we were supposed to do that. Yeah, yeah, I thought they liked being snug.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly that, or even just like even if we didn't have one of those, like just let her have her arms here and she was fine.
Speaker 1: I think Holly was exactly the same. Yeah, she still woke up, but would fall asleep better. My favorite favorite moments for me. I didn't want to spoil this in the intro, but can we talk about the banana bread scene? Yes, we go. This is one of the funny Simpson scenes thin in a while. Yeah, I think because I'm a parent and I've lived through people bringing food over and I'm like, how is this going to help me? But problems aside, but the way I pooh, because this is what this is what you go through when you're a new parent. It's the I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm just emotional, but not a bread I'm sorry bread.
Speaker 3: I still I mean, I think you still carry it's it's more heightened them, but you carry it through now. Right, Like my dad, we both work ash and I both work full time likes in kinder Monday to Friday from like eight thirty issues.
Speaker 1: About five o'clock.
Speaker 3: It's largely all she's ever known, so it's not a huge deal and she does well, but we feel that guilt as well about not being able to have the exact sort of time you were talking about. And Dad was calling mix he wants to take her to the zoo and got a Zoom membership. I was like, yeah, that sounds great. And wanted to leave the conversation there because like meaning, well was that thing of you know, because it's just such a long day for there, mate, Like it's such a big I know, she's like, I know she's getting bigger, but it's such a long day. Kind I'm like, yeah, I'm aware, shut the fuck.
Speaker 1: Up about it. Please don't do anything about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like yeah, so yeah, that people helping can trigger you in ways where you're like, because I think it, Well, the banana bread thing, You're like, that's not what I need right now.
Speaker 1: What I need right now is sleep. I liked when they brought over hot meals, like a pasta bake or a lasagne, Like this is something I can actually enjoy it. But I like banana bread, but it's some an essential meal. Yeah, yes, it's not helping me all that much. But I think the other thing that can get you, though, is that people helping you in a moment when you're feeling.
Speaker 3: You're aware of your deficiencies. Yeah that sometimes it can just like hold up a mirror a little bit too much that you're not ready to look into live in Homer, which doesn't say help Like, yeah, definitely, if you've got people of your friends that and if you have friends who become new parents, still help them because logically you still appreciate it. Well, I sometimes your brain will go to weirds spots.
Speaker 1: I now ask them what can I do for you? What would you like me to do? Don't just rock up to the door with banana bread? Yeah, ask would you like it?
Speaker 3: This is the other thing that always bugged me about the idea of bringing food. Actually, Daniel Kitson's got a really good thing about someone baking him a cake, which is a lot like saying I have decided that you are going to eat a cake. The idea of a passer bake or a lasagna or something is awesome in isolation. But I've always had in my head that thing of like, what if three other people did it and now they've got more lasagna than fridge. You're giving people a logistical fucking nightmare. Try to work the way it's so full for a while. Yeah, that's a sketch idea. I've had for ages that I would love to film of, like someone going through because births and funerals, I think of the two times that like a death in the family is the other one will trigger people to make food for you. I wanted to do that thing of like so bad to cook so many well wishes essentially just crushed someone in their kitchen under the plate of case.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna do this dish? But then the button on that scene too is a poo trying to fork one of his kids off to Mark. But Mar don't do it much. Also, like the Manjulia gun all that sex for nothing, Well, that's a pretty grim assessment because we were lucky. We were just like, you want to have a kid? Yeah, sure, and then within like a couple of weeks Nicolas pregnant. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was the same deal. Like Ash did do so something like that.
Speaker 1: You told a story once in the podcast of Ash doing things and I was just like, well, if your talent it, go for it. It was like gymnastic style moving making sure certain stuff with a certain direction. Yeah, it's like the big Lebowski I've got to have. I wish I had a better memory.
Speaker 3: No, the treatment health vitamins, that sort of stuff, Like Ash was big on, like she didn't drink alcohol and she was like reading as fertile as possible. Apparently them taking the fertility drugs was I thing that happened in the UK. The woman was pumped for a lot of drugs and she ended up having eight kids, but all stillborns unfortunately more but sorry, but yeah, that's what maybe that's where.
Speaker 1: That joke came from. Okay, you wouldn't re joke about that.
Speaker 3: But having silver lining at least you've made it into.
Speaker 1: But she she had a child, a daughter the following year. Okay, yeah, so she got her, she got her little miracle in the end. But but yeah, it was it was ash big on the whole sort of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, period trackers and stuff like that, ovulation trackers, cycle trackers, whatever they're called. So that the thing of like, oh she's ovulating, I've got to go like that vibe. But similar to you, we were one and done. There was no wasted sex accent the fish so also was a big fan of the Baron. Yeah geat just as silly as those was. I just loved the baron comes out the flight of that the flight of Valkyries is what it.
Speaker 1: Is, right of the valkyries. But anyway, yeah, yeah, and then they're booing him. Yeah, and I've always for some reason when Apoo says oh cutter, it's always just stayed in my mind.
Speaker 3: That's an interesting thing because that over I mean funny, but it also pops up under a list and it's hard not to talk about this in twenty twenty six of Is this a problematic episode?
Speaker 1: In what way?
Speaker 3: There's a number of jokes that make India the punch down.
Speaker 1: At India in this the Eighth Wonder of the Third World?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love baby talk.
Speaker 1: That was Hindi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've noticed that this country is dangerously underpopulated on my little curry face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's quite a lot in.
Speaker 3: This one where it's like, oh, maybe some of those people in the documentary had a point.
Speaker 1: Oh nineteen ninety nine, those were the days, and I don't know that i'd maybe the Quickie Mart thing, but like the head of the Quickie Mart.
Speaker 3: But I don't know that it had really been as on the nose up to this point about having so many Indian jokes. I feel like for a long time, a Pooh was an Indian character and that was never the butt of the joke, and in this episode it was quite a bunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think there were definitely times when it was the butt of the joke, like, for example, much a Poo about nothing when he wants to become an American. Yeah, okay, and he's throwing out his heritage in order to but when he gets married, the whole organized marriage, when they actually got married, Yeah.
Speaker 3: The organized marriage isn't necessarily played for comedy though, but it is still playing into a stereotype.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did play into the stereotypes, but this one felt like very much like Yeah, I didn't actually see it as an issue in any pointed out. It's like it kind of is concerning. Yeah, it was a tiny bit, but the show is filled with stereotypes for sure.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was just one of those ones where probably would never have thought about it had it not been had time not passed, and had he not been retired from the show, where it was hard.
Speaker 1: Not to to go, oh, okay, I think enough time has pass where you can bring him back. I mentioned a couple of times. I think you could. I think the Simpsons movie too. I think having it would be a good marketing point for Poo's coming back. But I wouldn't just use that Camel Nan Charny just don't we're going to voice him, bring back voices him as sorry, there you go yeah, the comedian, Yeah, he could step in. Can you imagine can you imagine Sassi in ten?
Speaker 3: He would have everyone in India watched that episode.
Speaker 1: I pitched this tube Matt Saliment. I was like, you've never done a cricket episode, right, Have the Simpsons go to India or fall off a cricket and then get as many Indian cricketers voice actors on the show. You get a billion views? Yeah? A billion? Yeah daily? Yeah, yeah, watched the book like hom Enters, the twenty twenty the IPI.
Speaker 3: You know when Blue started being spoken about by literally everyone in the country when they did a cricket episode. Yes, like, up to that point, it was just a thing between like parents.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it was a big thing. But maybe Lexis wasn't old enough yet.
Speaker 3: No, But I mean, I don't think that if you were not a parent of a kid of an age that you were having a conversation about Blue in your day to day life. We're were a cricket episode. Okay, yeah, but you guys say kids, I'll say you didn't have kids, say yeah, yeaheas cricket episode came out and suddenly people that I knew that were fifty plus whose parents, whose kids are you know, like twenty whatever. They were like, how's this blue show? Like everyone that in my world suddenly was very hyper aware of the show.
Speaker 1: It was the first time they did a sport that appealed to us because they do rugby all the time. Yeah, and it's like I was gonna say that matted. I did love. There was an episode where Bandit is trying to do any sleep No, no, no, no, He's like, quite, I'm just trying to watch the cricket and it's like it's just on, it's and then something's happened. He's like, I suppose what the score is. It's like, that's just Saturday afternoon when the cricket's on. You know.
Speaker 3: I enjoy fruit bat where he sleeps, sleeps and he's imagining playing touch footy and just has a really cute, beautiful line in there about how he doesn't get it to do this anymore because he's looking after you guys. But it's not a resentful things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just what happens the evolution of life. Yeah, any other favorite moments for you. Yeah. I really enjoyed the Captain in Ikea. She swallowed me whole very very silly fun I could have done without the tungsten guy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not everything in that sequence was. It was a hit, but it's.
Speaker 1: Just one of those moments where I was just like, I just don't feel like this would have happened in earlier Simpsons. It did. Didn't make sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it didn't make a ton of sense.
Speaker 1: They found me in a meteor. I need tungsten to live. It's not a joke.
Speaker 3: It doesn't go anywhere, and it's just an actor like he's just and afterwards anyway, but yeah, he yeah, because Marge asking the question and he just starts talking. But he's something something they found in a meteor who is trained to speak like a normal person. And then he turns the bar. I'm actually something they found in the media. I need tongs them to live. So is it meant to be someone in a suit or was meant to be to know I was paying attention, I genuinely thought it was that him playing a kid. Yeah, maybe I'm wrong, possible, that was just my reading of it at the time.
Speaker 1: Next question, you there eating the Beast. My first question for you trivia time is what did a pooh used to get pregnant? A poom anjel. What were the things they used after easy acts or not? The just so he's a man like any other of the gravity boots, sun Jay's bed, and every possible position on top of I love that line.
Speaker 3: Really every position is some variation of on top or underneath. Yeah, yeah, it's just where you are in three D space. What what is the logo on up? Who's car?
Speaker 1: His bonnet? Snake?
Speaker 3: I had it, and I could be wrong and you could go to Frank Yak. I had it as Garuda, who's in Egyptian.
Speaker 1: God of birds? Is that it? Yeah? That's it? That's I mean, that looks like a bird. I'll pay that when you drop some markets like we pay it. I'm like yeah, he cracks and I'm like, Noah, I didn't hold it long enough. He's like, oh, but I'm like, dude, just relax, but just kicking the footy. It doesn't matter. My next question for you is what time were the baby's born? Ah, seven eleven.
Speaker 3: That would have been a good joke, would have been, Yeah, it was Lex's actual birth time? Really even eleven am PM, seven eleven pm.
Speaker 1: See that joke. They don't have seven eleven, don't have seven eleven in America? They do, Yeah they have eleven? Yeah, yeah they do twelve fifteen?
Speaker 3: Am okay, old born, how's me by the way, calling out the Simpsons for racist shots, but as he works, it came way too easy for it works at a convenience store.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: That was convenience store joke. When they cut to the choboby Ville news break for the nine none tuplets, whatever, what channel news?
Speaker 1: Oh so it's not channel six, I'm going to say channel seven, Channel three, Channel three? Uh what number of apartment does a pooh or do a pool and jewel live in? Think about it? Okay, seven eleven. What is the pivotal number of this episode? Eight eight?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it, just apartment eight eight eight or anything? What brand of I'm going to assume nappies? There are several packets in the house that are stacked up free brand of nappies.
Speaker 1: Slash wipes that might be sure. I'm sure some riter spent hours thinking of a name.
Speaker 3: But I'd be curious if they did waves.
Speaker 1: Woves, w u v s. Yeah, weird? Did a play on something I don't know? Love Love Day? Anyway? All right? That is that trivia It is now time for our review of eight Misbehaving With originally aired on November twenty first, nineteen ninety nine. Would you like to know the top three films at US box office when this aired? I would love do? Is your name Mitchell? Technically? Yeah? Excuse me? I never called Mitchell. I was like Mitchell.
Speaker 3: That doesn't sound right, MITCHA, No, it doesn't. People I get called Mitchell at work because it's just on teams.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: People who don't know me will call me Mitchell and Mitchell. It takes me a while to try to work them. Wean them off that into Mitch what he was this November twenty first, nineteen ninety nine. So number three was toy story too. Sorry, yeah, number two a slippy hollow at number one in the world is not enough?
Speaker 1: Food is not enough? Any good?
Speaker 3: The world's not enough?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Something good? Golden right?
Speaker 3: No, God, no, but the world's not enough. That's to die another day and day. The world's not enough is the Denise Richards and that's it. I don't think rich it saw one as a nuclear physicist.
Speaker 1: I think she can do anything.
Speaker 3: No, I like the world was not enough? What a lady good follow up to God and Sorry it wasn't a follow up. It was after Smear and Have Dies. But anyway, it was a good movie.
Speaker 1: She put hairs on my chest, that woman watching Wild Things when I was like nine hairs everywhere.
Speaker 3: I also enjoy I do, frankly. I also enjoyed Dying the Other Day, even though it is often seen as the deer of the series and killed the Bond franchise for a very long time. I just really loved Pitts Brosman.
Speaker 1: He was a great Bond. Yeah, but it's because he's our Bond. Christmas only comes once a year. I started watching yesterday.
Speaker 3: I am just brushing up on a little Danish.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: He just would delivered the low mower Man. Oh wow, how was that not what I expected? Going to download that when I got It's a movie that I forgot existed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And at the start, I'm like, wow, these are nineteen ninety two special if that's for sure? Yeah, maybe even earlier.
Speaker 3: Jeff Bridges in that. No, that's Tron, Sorry, Jeff Daniels, Yeah, no is he.
Speaker 1: I only watched it the first ten minutes. It's like Monkey's breaking out of her For years, I've got to go deep in the credit, So no, he's not. I don't think so. Okay, the lawn mower Man and there's two of them, the.
Speaker 3: Lawn Actually, you're right. I do remember seeing the lawnmower Man two in my.
Speaker 1: Visits to for well, those movies that just be on the shop at the video store and you're like, what is this and the guys that you can't borrow that yet?
Speaker 3: Based on a short story by Stephen King.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yep, this episode, as I said, November twenty first, nineteen ninety nine, b A B F zero three, written by Matt Salmon, directed by Stephen de Moore. Chootball gag Indian burns are not our cultural heritage. Mm hmm like Chinese whispers Indian burns exhibit F. You're remember the old Indian giver? Yeah? Is that because the white people are so racist? They're like that're trying to get their land back. That's why Indian givers you give a present and take it back. Good question. Did white people just make it up saying they gave us the land and then what to back? The couch gag is the Simpsons sit on the couch and the war spins around revealing vincent price and ned Flanners is shackled to the warpside down. We didn't mention the guest stars. So Jenhooks plays Manjula Jenhooks fantastic comedian Gary Marshall plays Larry Kid Kill.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, the term came. It's actually less racist as much as it's uprising.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, look, this is just my foot. Oh no, it's a Wikipedia here we go. I don't what's racist. Yep originated in the fifteenth to the eighteenth century from a cultural misunderstanding. European settlers misinterpreted the indigenous North Americans custom of trading gifts. Since the native tribes Lapped lacked monetary system, they bartered items, exchanging them with the expectation of a reciprocal or equivalent return. So the Europeans like, ah, they've given us a gift, like motherfucker, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Something in return. Yeah, but I thought Indian giver was you give a present and then take the same present back.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's what it came on came into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I how did Chinese whispers become Chinese whispers? Michael Chang? Yeah, I can't trust him. You could not trust him in the locker room. He was just butch Patrick plays himself. Yeah, Gary Marshall's that's a big get. He directed the other Sister did He did like all those Valentine's Day in the New Year's Day and all those movies. Oh Rush's director, right, Yeah. He created Happy Days. Yeah yeah, Princess Diaries, the Other System, Runaway Bride, Pretty Woman, he did Pretty Woman, Beaches Overboard. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well that's a good career if your cherry picked the good ones.
Speaker 1: Just have a look at the list. I mean he created Happy Days. That's a pretty big credit. Yeah, yeah, all right. So the episode kicks off with what Mitchell, Yeah, the Ikea Shoop Simpsons shop with the how do you say that shoop? How would you say that shop? Shop? That's over the line through it anyway?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: With the line through it? Yeah, because it's a Swedish store. I care obviously, marg she likes the green tables. Homer falls into the bean bag with the Sea Captain Alan Wrench, which we've already discussed, and then marginally so chatting about the various pencil holders. The people still use pencil.
Speaker 3: Holders, penholders, they still think, I'm sure some people do.
Speaker 1: Some people yeah, home and then orders as popland Hugen and a doodlemoch of doodle mooch doodle munch from the from the cafeteria. The fox are made of legos Homer device is a little four way thing to eat everyone's food. Then a poor man jewel arrive. So what was the whole point of the Ikea store? There was no point to the story. It was just when did I Care become popular? It was being made fun of in the Wire in like nineteen ninety. It was two thousand and nine, two thousand, so was the two thousand.
Speaker 3: It was this purely that I Care around that time is coming into the cultural zeat geist and they're like, we got to get some care jokes into here.
Speaker 1: Possibly it wasn't big in Australia. I don't think not yet. Have you started watching my Wire Blue rays yet?
Speaker 3: I have. I was actually I was looking at the Wire book on your bookshelf. Shit, I need to bring those down.
Speaker 1: I also looking at my TV. I was like, I'd really like to watch the Wire. I wonder if just watching it yet? Yeah? No, I wasn't asking what it looks like. It look good sharp? Yeah, it's just man, when is it white screen or is it square white screen when when white screen it used to be square.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that makes like you know those things where sometimes that's good, sometimes that bad that sometimes that baym. The close ups aren't quite as intense. So the interrogation scene, for example, like that's better in four three because you're in this small box and it's framed to be like really tight. But when they discover the bodies, so when like then they break down the door and it's just the I think it's the season end of it. The very least the episode ends and the camera just on a crane is slowly panning backwards and it just shows like the width like that was actually one of the first shots that was like I want to see that in wide screen because you just see this sense of scale you didn't get the first time at least as like, holy fuck, all of these potentially got a murder victim in them.
Speaker 1: I don't think they cropped it either. They've just added like the stuff that you never used to be able to see. Yeah, yeah, exactly when you finished to bring it back. Yes, so then little Ray's coming. Yes, I don't want get into the wire. Will never stop talking about it, so pod. Some somewmer already has there'd be a wire pod, but there's no reason we can't do one in the whole. Get John Cena on what's his name, the actual actor, the main actor. It sounds like John Cena, who sounds like John Cena, the mayor actor MC Daddy West. Yeah, he sounds like John Cena. Put him next to John Cena and I know, but when he's doing his Baltimore Baltimore is it and it's also got has they got fat John sena in it? Fat John c Yeah, yeah, he's John Cena. That's pretty literally maybe police. Yeah, so this is where poor Angula arrived. Are you guys still married? Yeah? Pay up, Marge. So I think that's just referring to the fact that they haven't probably been mentioned since he got married, or just reminding the viewers they've been buying lamps that don't look like lamps, and Angula's smitt never Maggie and Marge. I think she was talking baby talk, but it was Hindi as you were saying, hoping this. His kids are great because you can teach them to hate things that you hate, and they basically raise themselves there because of the Internet and who thinks USA is dangerously underpopulated, so they decide to have a child. Him saying that he wants to be a father pretty much is just like what is it with women? You say you want to be a father, It's like a massive tone onto them. Mangula just pounces on him. She's like, take me now. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Mandela is pretty clucky in this moment as well, though, like she's already like gravitated towards Maggie as.
Speaker 1: Ash seemed clucky since having legs and you have gone, oh lady, have your thought about it?
Speaker 3: No, no, I wouldn't say that. I think Ash has yearned for the for those moments of a newborn game. Yeah, but never, it's never been seriously on the table. As she mentioned the babies, Yeah, the baby smell. She doesn't mentioned the smell not but I think it goes our.
Speaker 1: Friends have babies, Nicola smells. I'm like, Nicola, don't even think about someone else's baby. Don't think about it. It's not happening. Because what happens. She's like, She's like, you have another one. She's like and then she's im stop and pause. Remember remember She's like, oh shit, I don't want to. But who was now chilling his loins in the ice cream cooler?
Speaker 3: I can't imagine that would help. That's gonna slow this out, That's what I thought. Yeah, it's like you don't want to be doing that, the nice and temperate hey.
Speaker 1: Boo sitting in the ice cream cooler. Eh, like chilling my loins?
Speaker 3: I increase the chances of impregnating my wife.
Speaker 1: Well, he too much information?
Speaker 2: Thanks for the mental picture.
Speaker 1: Why don't you tell us what you really think? You stop spouting those hackneyed quips. Could you be anymore? Hello? Look, just give me some ice cream? How about one not touching your ass? What? Manru that has begun to ovulent you?
Speaker 2: Thanks for sharing.
Speaker 1: More than I wanted to know. I wasn't a fan of the too much information. It's just.
Speaker 3: I've gone on agnause him about how much. Not only did I do not like it here, I hated anyone that ever said it in my childhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a manjel has begun overulating, so he leaves, and then the pregnancy tests baby baby lemon. So they're not preying all that sex for nothing. Then Homer is now cooking a barbecue, just putting cans on the on the barbecue. I didn't mind this. Are you sure you shouldn't open them? The cancel in the flavor says nothing, Okay, that's the lid. I't you do it us? Homer tos some some steps, like when you decide to have kids, decided maybe it's just happened. No, that is I actually did really enjoy that. I won't side bar too much on that, but I it's just a jab at middle class society where it's like we just pump out kids with av and trying.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot of things. It's that, but you could also read into that that people who have not had to struggle to get pregnant can't possibly relate to the pain and the anguish and all that stuff that other people have had to go through. That, yeah, are trying hard. So I'm very much Homer, you are as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you want baby, me give you a baby. You want baby now? Yeah? But on top and underneath that slavey, I was like, all right, everybody, are we gonna leave it there? I hope you enjoyed that. Little sneak peek at a review of eight Misbehave and if you want to hear the full review, It is available right now in its entirety ad free on our Patreon channel. So if you want support us on Patreon, you don't only get access to that review, but all of the other bonus shows who do on Patreon, and all the season eleven reviews we've reviewed so far, featuring myself and Mitch. We'll just about to upload the fundso episode. We both enjoyed that once, so if you want to hear us review the funds of episode, it is going to be available on our Patreon this week. So what are you waiting for? Join the four Finger Discount family on patreonts port your Palace, Guy Dando Admich and enjoy the hundreds of hours of exclusive podcasts up on there. Don't forget to also, please continue to rate and review us, whether it be on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Wherever you are finding this show, check us five stars, leave us a few kind words. We do appreciate all the support, and if you want to get in touch, it is mailbag at four finger discount dot com dot a. You would love to hear from every single one of you, but for now, I hope you enjoyed, like I said, this review of eight Misbehaven and we'll catch you all here on the next episode of four Finger Discount