Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Tuesday, August twelve, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Happy belated birthday, Mom.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode nine hundred and three.
Speaker 2: I'm your host, jan Oh Trola. That's right.
Speaker 3: I'm actually part Irish and I've never told anyone. I want to welcome everyone in a good old Irish manner, have a good old Irish morning. Top of the morning to you, and Top of the morning to co Captain of the ship, Jeff Crub.
Speaker 2: You want to like, you want to lift your back leg back, or your left leg back, and your right arm up and you want to get that cross body movement, and that's how you wake up. That's how you get right a podcast. Now do it for the other leg and the other arm. Oh yeah, that's the good stuff.
Speaker 3: Speaking about the good stuff, he's always basking in it. He's sharing the good stuff with it because that's just him as a person.
Speaker 2: Damn record.
Speaker 4: If you do that horizontal style, that's a that's a broken table pose, right, Okay, yeah, yeah, you do it down like get down a yoga mat.
Speaker 5: Get down.
Speaker 2: Those are the muscles that I need to stretch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, getting the cat cow position. Then the yeah, the arms and legs gonna make.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, making people uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Being about making people uncomfortable. He doesn't do that because he massages everything, he juges everything. He's a little bit. He's a scoch that makes us go. That's right, he's still going because he's going so fast. Back on the podcast Turbo Sean Sean McDowell, is.
Speaker 7: That like a cross breeze there going for there, Jeff, when you get get the cross wave.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, when you open the window on one side of the house and the others doing that for my entire human body existence. See, you're very dad. So I was just checking if you need like that spoke my language, Sean, I got to say, really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe this speaks to the size of TikTok that I wind up on. But I see a lot of I don't know if this is hokey stuff, So forgive me folks somatic therapy and then people talking about how doing the frog pose stretch makes them emotional, and then I just want to do a frog post stretch with you and get emotional with you.
Speaker 2: Guys being about we describe the frog post just real quick before we do do the grand finale've introductions here?
Speaker 3: Uh okay, let me just google what a frog? Frog's gonna do it again?
Speaker 2: Wait, I don't remember dead bab what he said? No, No, that's like a butterfly.
Speaker 6: I think he said he knew dead baby. We got to move on.
Speaker 4: No, dead bug. They're they're happy baby and there's dead bug. That's two different ones. Child's pose, No, I know child's that's a fucking starter pose.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a j BRONI pose. Actually feel.
Speaker 3: Is like I mean, like my camera won't show me there, and then Dan look up a picture of frog pos and then can you do it in the back please?
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me see.
Speaker 4: You know you need pigeon pose. That's my favorite pose. Uh frog pose? Let me see.
Speaker 3: No, the longer we go without introducing him, the more that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, frog pos. This fucks me up. I'm gonna try it. I'm probably gonna fuck up my thighs.
Speaker 2: Bad.
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go, my gimmicks off.
Speaker 7: I wonder if Dan actually knows anything about yoga, if he's just sp.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, he does a lot of yoga.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Dan is even a bit aware that he hasn't floor.
Speaker 3: Now Dan is unrolling a yoga matt, but he's not on it at all anymore because of the frog pose.
Speaker 2: Mike won't even laugh until he's introduced. He's such a professional. Oh fuck that.
Speaker 4: You gotta go forward to get out of the frog pose. It's really gonna fuck Like my knees are bad. That that hurt because the knees go wide on the frog pos.
Speaker 7: Yeah, audio listeners, that was Dan ensuring he never has children.
Speaker 6: A top tier bellow. Dan just one of the best bellows I've ever heard. Speaking about top tier bellows. We've got this fellow on the podcast, Jeff Grub Let's go back.
Speaker 2: Around, run it back all right? The ship jam bro and we we we.
Speaker 3: He's jumpy, he's froggy. He's the five star podcaster record. Hey Mabe, let's go let's podcast fellows. How's it going? That's right, wars we we Sean, I'm going to convince you how much do I have to pay you to get a mullet and grow mustache?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: Not possible, Jan not not chance on.
Speaker 3: There's got to be a number, because Sean, you like chicken tends right?
Speaker 2: Sure, as much as they want. Yeah, well, have you ever been to jail? Not? Okay?
Speaker 3: All right, all right, well.
Speaker 2: Bring it around, all right, all right. We we got head of the table.
Speaker 1: That's right. I don't know what's going on in the w W. Right now, we got.
Speaker 2: Jeff grumb acknowledge me woo.
Speaker 3: Cashing in the heightst of a lifetime.
Speaker 2: It's dad Riker's me. Look out, Grub, I'm gonna get you.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he's gonna get your way forms and make him smell, but then make them big turbosh on the down.
Speaker 7: Have you guys eard a thought about how the brand of Scooby Snacks came about? Like was it just like Nabisco dog treats? And they're just like man that a dog by so damn much. We just got to like rebrand the whole.
Speaker 4: Thing, the actual things you can buy at one Like, yeah, what do we talking questions?
Speaker 2: Scooby sneaking about dog treats? He's playing, Yeah, play the game music. I don't have that loaded speaking about dogs. He's got that dog in him.
Speaker 1: That's right, everybody start start having up your dogs. He's a bad boy and a bad dog.
Speaker 2: He's our own snack. Mike Manati Hi, Mike. I was just like, Jena hasn't had time. He's had a busy morning. So I was looking at some of the emails and there was a nice long email from a fellow from Finland and he talked about that time you yodled on the voicemail dump truck. Do you remember what the yodel sounded like? Yeah, it still hits.
Speaker 4: I had to ask, Mike, I'm assuming you're basing that on something you saw in a Disney thing.
Speaker 2: I'm on the range the bad Guy song. It's great a bad guy song.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's really the only good part of that movie was the is the Yoda lady Like.
Speaker 3: Now, now don't take offense to this because you are Italian, but you sounded like spaghetti spaghetti yodling.
Speaker 2: You sounded like the sound effect that would happen in a cartoon when someone twists spaghetti into a fork. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Don't ever use scissors around me when you're throwing spaghetti. By the way, I'll get really upset.
Speaker 2: Everyone cocked their head at you, like, what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I know what he's talking about.
Speaker 6: Scissors When they do that, like it's like like the sense like, oh, my spaghetti, I just scissors.
Speaker 2: I just break the spaghetti noodles. What what Wait, I'm the weird guy.
Speaker 5: Because I have my syrup in the fridge.
Speaker 6: To be clear, I'm saying it's a bad thing. No one should do that, but some people do.
Speaker 2: Who's even this. It's the thing that people do.
Speaker 3: This happens a lot with Asian suits because Asian noodles are very long.
Speaker 2: You seen the suit jam spaghetti.
Speaker 5: You've seen this jam.
Speaker 2: Don't be mad at me. I'm just the messenger. Okay, he's on your side.
Speaker 7: Okay, wait wait, so the spaghetti is so long they need to cut it on the fork.
Speaker 2: You have teeth. I know. It's dumb to range behavior, even the nature betides.
Speaker 6: I know. I think the spoon is completely unnecessary. You already have a plate. No wayo twirling in the spoon unnecessary.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, it's wasteful. What is happening You already have a plate exactly?
Speaker 6: I don't Yes, I don't understand why people need the spoon for their twirling.
Speaker 2: You need a plate to swirl in the air. It's yeah, yeah, show off a little Just shovel it in your mouth.
Speaker 3: That's what I do with a big bullspication.
Speaker 2: Show it you're galling and shut up. Just loose to the jaw and go to town on that plate. How's everyone doing? O? Great? Yeah? Good?
Speaker 4: Yeah cool. Two normal nights of sleep and I'm just good to go now. It's great.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Yeah, Penny's been explain.
Speaker 6: It's getting up to peel a lot and it's disrupting my sleep. And it's like the thing I can do about it. I can't reason with her. I can't ask her to pee less in the moon.
Speaker 2: She's just old.
Speaker 6: And like every time she gets off the bed, do you have to come back up the bed?
Speaker 2: And I know one who can make that happened? Oh okay.
Speaker 4: Does she do the thing where it's like, you know, waiting on the side and like when bring until you help her.
Speaker 6: Up exactly she'll claude and you know I have the peak pad, so it's not like she's making a mess anywhere. Yeah, at some point I gotta get up and let her up, and then it's just sometimes I'll fall right back asleep. Sometimes it's a thirty minute thing. You know, it's just I'm not getting uninterrupted sleep. So it's it's it's not great for an already not a good morning person Mikey lifestyle many staircase, she does not like it. I had the staircase out for five years.
Speaker 2: Chat she'dn't trust it, want nothing to do with it.
Speaker 6: For a while, I was like doing sessions, kind of pushing her up and giving her a treat. She would like be really hesitant. Then finally like at once like stumble. The entire time, I felt like I was torturing her.
Speaker 2: Hated it. So yeah, it wasn't working.
Speaker 4: You know, for all I've heard about Mike, you know you yourself have said that you're you know, like a loud sleeper, hard to room with and stuff. You know, our our San Francisco time I had no we shared a room and no issues, no issues at all.
Speaker 2: Two things about that.
Speaker 6: One, I got the sea pap now, so it's pretty good, you don't hear ch. Two maybe exaggerating to make sure I got my own room in the past.
Speaker 5: That makes sense, Okay, okay, my god.
Speaker 4: But now we're all co owners and no one's second food off families, so we're sweating rooms.
Speaker 6: So I want to take food off of families.
Speaker 2: That is, yes, for sure.
Speaker 3: Fantastic, fantastic John, you went to my favorite place in the United States.
Speaker 7: That's bad, Jana. I'm gonna maintain that's still bad.
Speaker 3: Why is it bad you There's lots of food, there's fun.
Speaker 2: Experience a lot.
Speaker 5: Most cities have food, Yes, cities tend to have food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's be Vegas has really good food like that, Like, what's not underplay that Vegas does have very good food.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a lot of is Like if you want to spend like two hundred dollars though, man, no.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you can go to the Thai restaurants, you can find some which we did, which we did. Yees yes, So I'll say right.
Speaker 7: Wasn't impressed by a lot of them, Like some of the places that people recommended.
Speaker 2: It's like it's just more expensive virgins of stuff that I have in the Midwest, you know, like.
Speaker 4: I've never been Vegas food, but like I feel like if I've been in Vegas twelve times, I'd say like nine of them was when I was like poor and twenty in a dirt bag and was just eating like you know, shitty buffets and.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 6: That's different.
Speaker 4: But for the wedding, part of the prize package was they sent us to the Gordon Ramsey restaurant and stuff like that, and your beef Wellington gimmicks and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: And like we'll say, it was.
Speaker 4: Pretty good, but I'm sure if we had to pay for it wouldn't be worth it.
Speaker 6: I was, you know, such a Food Network guy that every Food Network seventy chef has a restaurant there.
Speaker 2: So that part was one of.
Speaker 6: The best feodles of my life. Was that Bobby Flay's restaurant there, that Mesa Grill. I think it was so, but again maybe I was hyped up. I was just so excited to be eating Bobby Flay food after seeing him be dominant on Iron Chef for so long.
Speaker 3: He is the brock Lessner of the Food Network. I'll say it, wow, buddy.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: The extra well is that? Okay?
Speaker 3: Anyway, Sean, you the best.
Speaker 7: Food, best food I've ever had, is in Vegas, though, I'll give you that, Okay, The chili pork soup dumplings at Shell Loong Dumplings off the Strip over in little Chinatown.
Speaker 2: Best who I've ever had period compete.
Speaker 3: It's a real Las Vegas has a really good China town. As a Chinatown enthusiast.
Speaker 2: That's where.
Speaker 7: That's where the new Pink Gorilla is that I got to check out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a small little one. It's just a tiny low one.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, it was.
Speaker 7: Fun to go in there and they up some imports and stuff. Yeah, nice whole place there.
Speaker 6: I uh, Mike, Yes, I was gonna say shouts the Pink Gorilla because I was taking a bunch of stickers off of games I had bought before, and they're always it's you know, they're always annoying, and I'll call off easy the pink.
Speaker 2: I got to the game I got from Pink.
Speaker 6: Gorilla, and they deliberately use like very unsticky stickers and it cut off really easily right away.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yes, I just saw Kelsey Lewin at them and mixed meet up this last weekend.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was great, great turnout, great folks.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Sean, you went to Las Vegas, not just to go to Las Vegas, but you went.
Speaker 2: For EVO, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he stand for something like every evolution violent.
Speaker 2: The evolution of fighting games. EVO.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Uh yeah, I went for quite a bit too. I went for like five whole days almost a week in Vegas, which that's too long to be in Vegas if you're on the strip at least I've heard, you know, off strip, it's like, it's fine, it's whatever. It's like a are city. But on the strip, that's too much Vegas for me. Jan I'm sorry, guys.
Speaker 3: Multiple times in the past two three years, I've thought I could live in Vegas.
Speaker 4: I am again, like, offstrip maybe, but yeah, you're insane.
Speaker 5: The weather situation, you'd be okay with that.
Speaker 2: I'd just be inside. He's from the Caribbean. He's a tropical people grub.
Speaker 5: You sound ignorant.
Speaker 2: Well here.
Speaker 7: Oh by the way, pro tip before I go any further, I just want to remember sneath this in if you ever do go to an event on the strip, or you know, like if you're going with something else like the final Fantasy fourteen conventions, there once ces is still in Vegas right somewhere on the strip.
Speaker 2: I think I think they're at the convention Center.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you're intending to stay on the strip the whole time, get yourself a model rail pass because those get deep if you get on multi day passes. We got the five day pass because we were there that long came out to like eight bucks a day, and just you know, you just go to the station, get get a nice air conditioned ride both ways deeper than ubering all up and down the strip or like walking especially that was really nice, and then go to the target that's on the strip because the target is like price like any of our target dock up on like water, snacks, toiletries. I think you need there right back to your hotel. And it's actually like a reasonable state here. I've I've been been to three evos now I'm starting to get the strats of I survive on the strip.
Speaker 4: Did you see the weird or use the weird loop that you lay down in and shoots around the city underground or whatever Mary was telling me about that.
Speaker 6: Okay, so that's not what it is. Elon Musk's hyper loop is that it?
Speaker 2: Yeah loop? The Vegas Loop is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a it's an underground track that runs around the convention center then get from one end to the other. I don't know if it's all Tesla's, but it's like all at least electric cars that they just running around a track underground. I got to use that last year and it was helpful because I didn't know how to get around as much last year. But this year it was down because it was there's construction going on, so I didn't get do it. But that is convenient. Uh yeah, the event itself, it's it's still a lot of fun. I put out that video a couple of weeks ago. You know what it's like to be at EVO, and it's it just keeps growing and getting better under you know, the new I guess it would be new owners. I don't know if it's new ownership, but at least under new management. The guy who runs Combo Breaker now runs EVO and a lot of his teams by Sony. Right, yeah, it's owned by Sony. It's a hokey Maine's in there somewhere out and I don't remember the full details, but but yeah, it's they learn from every event and that's great because last year there were some issues with like lines being everywhere and getting into Sunday Finals was a nightmare. It fixed a lot of that this year. It's great because now that's bigger than ever. This year had more attendees than ever. It's just a big old convention. Even if you're not duper into fighting games. It's still a great convention to go to if it's like a reasonable amount of travel and like you have somewhere staying or anything like that. If you can just if you're in Vegas or you can easily get there and just like hang out with friends like split a room or they with someone who lives there. It's a great time because you can do other things like go to the Massive Arcade and stuff. That arcade they advertise as being the second biggest in the US. The arcade at that they bring to EVO, which is very funny.
Speaker 5: Galloping Ghost number one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I assume they're just saying because yeah, Galloping Ghost is the biggest. Hilariously, though, I probably have a bad time just playing at the arcade at EVO because the machines aren't all broken like they are a calping Ghost. Oh yeah, yeah, they they're getting a little bit with the maintenance over there.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately. It's a lot of machines.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but yeah, they have a bunch of cool things, a bunch of machines that you wouldn't normally get to play.
Speaker 2: There's like this.
Speaker 7: Mech game where you like get in a pilot's seat and it's like jerking you around like Amusement Park Ryan stuff. There's all kinds of rhythm games like if you see them on stream at GDQ and stuff. That's that's a great way to spare time at EVO. I like, I spent most of the weekend not playing fighting games because they didn't compete this year.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: I was doing a little bit of work, got interviews going up on the channel on the site, and so I just watched like Top twenty four and some Top eights on Sunday, and that's how I interacted with fighting games for most of the weekend, outside of previewing a couple of games, which I'll talk about in a little bit here. Yeah, it was a really fun time. Got to meet some people I've always wanted to meet. Always Be Clothing and Marino were out there, so I finally got to meet up with those guys. Got to meet Susie, his spear hunter who's hanging out at a friend's booth in the artist ally. He was great talking to her for a while. Got just I'll be yeah, Jane, I heard the story of you helping her survive E three twenty nineteen. That was a I want to repeat it, but that our boy Chance just always helping people out, isn't he. Oh yeah, Yeah, it's just a fantastic place to be. I can't emphasize this enough that it keeps getting better. And Marino knows. He was there last year as well, and we were talking about it a little bit of Yeah, they really did fix a lot of the issues we had with last year, and that's good to see how they are improving, even if it's getting expensive. Evo's not The convention itself isn't cheap. That's why I say, like, find a cheap way to get there if you want to go, and like stay in everything, because the event itself is now to like two hundred dollars to tend for the three day pass, which is not cheap. There's a lot to do. There's certainly a lot to do, a lot of freebies, a lot of giveaways and stuff.
Speaker 2: But yeah, do you feel like you see that money when you're walking around, like you see where that money is going?
Speaker 6: Or does it feel like most of it's going toward management?
Speaker 7: It's going to being in Vegas. Frankly, like being I mean, Vegas has.
Speaker 6: Got to be cheap relative to a lot of other cities.
Speaker 2: For oh Man, like, like what would where would be cheaper because like the Vegas convention centers like pretty affordable.
Speaker 7: Anywhere in the Middlewest. Frankly, that's why still like that's going up. That's only like.
Speaker 2: One to one Cleveland. Yeah, Okay, Cleveland would be cheaper. I would bet you're probably right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I think at this point it's just in Vegas for the historical significance. At this point is where it's been for the longest time, so that's where they're keeping. But yeah, they are improving it each year. You do see that things like the stage, the final Sunday stage they have they scaled back the bleachers that they had last year in order to get just more chairs in there.
Speaker 2: And that's the compromise.
Speaker 7: Hey, not as like comfy or exciting seating, but everybody gets to watch if they want to be in the arena. It was a ticket event, so they made sure that like there's a right number of people in there and everything. They get these big, beautiful screens that you would see at a concert or whatever. It's awesome. It's just fun to watch the hype moments in the top eight happen on gigantic screens.
Speaker 2: And everything. People've been off and running up and down. What was the best top eight you saw?
Speaker 7: You know, the funny thing is best top a saw might not have been on the Grand Stage. It might have been the Killer Instinct one. Yeah, that was just so it's always a fun game to watch. There were some fun moments in the Grand Blue One as well. Unfortunately, a lot of the games right now are kind of dominated by like the best players and the best characters. So that was a lot of what we saw on Sunday, Like if anyone watched Street Fighter, just watching Meta just absolutely destroy that.
Speaker 2: Yeah stage with Bloka that was very dominant.
Speaker 7: Pekan was Arcela and Nash versus Active just you know, Pakistan being incredible at the game, which is great, Like it's cool to see that they're so dedicated to it, but they're also a little boring to watch because they play it so well in that game.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like when I when I go to watch minor league baseball, it's like, oh, baseball could be super entertaining when they're not quite as good at it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like going to high school football for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: That was like, I don't think you meant to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like when we compete against other video game webs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if everyone's so bored with users were so perfect.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, for some games it's a little Yeah, it's not so to watch a Guilty gear chat. Also Guilty Gear Top. It was pretty fun to watch. I like to see that in the arena.
Speaker 6: I thought I really enjoyed the cap converce Kate to Top eight on the not on the main stage, but I thought that was great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was one of them on side stage. I wish I just knch more.
Speaker 2: For that and Killer Instinct. Sean, you were talking about that'd being fun. Were those ones also dominated, Like would I expect to see Justin Wong still like crushing it at Killer Instinct or see like folks are like a player?
Speaker 7: No CVS two was I believe players that were either new or we haven't seen it. While those cool see them come back. I know, I caught the Grand Finals of Marvel two, which was like, you know, players from back in the day being really good at just coming back coming on to the EVO stage and just playing the game like back in the day, and that was really cool to see.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, man, it.
Speaker 7: Was just it's always such a fun time to be in the room as people are popping off for those hype moments to happen.
Speaker 2: I just like, it doesn't have to be an EVO moment thirty seven or thirty eight for it to be fun.
Speaker 6: It's like the.
Speaker 2: Possibility of being there for like one of those historical moments probably is always like enticing one of the reasons to go. But you don't like if you didn't have one of those, like I heard, you know, the top eights were good, but none of them are like were super great, but it was still a good time for you. It sounds like it was fun anyhow Is that your opinion of it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, And if nothing else, like I said, the event itself, there's so much stuff to do, whether you're competing or not, especially if you're competing though, you know, playing in pools. My friend almost finally got out pools, but he was one win shy this year unfortunately. But it's just always fun to cheer on your friends, then go get some food, come back, playing the arcade, chop around the artist alley, spend way too much goddamn money in the artist Ali, sure some.
Speaker 2: Of the stuff you got, I'm sure it's appropriate for stream.
Speaker 7: We'll seem like Waygan's scrout jump after the break. But yeah, it was. It was a fun time. I had a lot of fun. Like I said, Dill Lobo work, so I brought some stuff back with me that's slowly going up on a channel.
Speaker 3: I had an interview, good interview, Sean, really good interview, Thank.
Speaker 7: You Jan and awesome work. An interview with it's a returo Yamada, who is the producer of the new Virtual Fire game, and so I got to pick his brain a little bit. Maybe you get some answers to stuff, you know, as much as we wanted, but some answers. That's up on YouTube and giant bomb dot com now, and we have more stuff going out throughout the week as I get that edited.
Speaker 3: Lovely, lovely, lovely. Speaking about things going up on the website. Sure you could go to giant Pom dot com.
Speaker 2: But oh that's old shit. That's all ship.
Speaker 3: You are a premium member and you've you know, done the whole rigamarole giant bomb dot com slash join and helping us out. Whether you pay for a month or pay for the year, you have access to the premium site beta. If you had to enormous explosive dot com. Uh shouts out to Chuck, toowski gang, because Chuck has shown us the demo a couple of times. Now, we went through the website as a gang yesterday and holy smokes, this thing. You know, I'm saying, we have a ticker. We have a ticker. We have a ticker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have a ticker technology. It's taken us so far.
Speaker 3: You know when you're I don't know if anyone of us have ever done something where like you're carrying a backpack and you're walking a very long time, and then you realize, I don't need this fucking backpack. This has a bunch of useless shit that I don't need in it. You take it off and now you're just running for the races. We're sleek, now, we're aerodynamic. We're so fucking efficient. Now with this uh web new website again, enormous explosive dot com. The beta is going to be runing from today and I think Chuck hasn't quite outlined when it's going to end. But this does include full video catalog. We got all the shows there articles. You can leave a comment on the show page itself of the show in its entirety versus the individual videos, reviews, live streams. All of them are AD free, as you would with your normal premium experience.
Speaker 2: But hey, you know, go check that shit.
Speaker 3: It's good. You can also see the Bomb twelve proudly displayed on the side there. What you gotta do is you got to use your Giant Bomb email that you signed up with for premium, and also your usernames so we Chuck can link all that stuff. There's going to be a suggestion box a bug reporting form on there as well, and as a part of this premium site beta. The Wiki's not on there yet, but once again, like we mentioned last week and across the website, Chuck is still looking for volunteers for the Wiki Street Team, which you can find on the Giant Bomb discord.
Speaker 2: Trying to join.
Speaker 3: Yeah, help us out there, we're gonna save that thing. Chuck has been doing an obscene amount of work and also he said he's gonna vomit, but dang, it just looks good.
Speaker 2: It's real good. It's good.
Speaker 5: Bar let it out.
Speaker 2: I can't get the site the load, so verify that account, Chuck, What the hell? Oh man, Chuck sucks.
Speaker 3: No, I think Sean, you may have this same problem that I was having, where it turns out I never had a premium account with this account.
Speaker 7: Yeah, curly, yeah yeah yeah, oh you I've never bought premium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Yeah. I think it's the sight might be. I think it's a little overloaded at them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everybody, chuck up, chuck just throw it out, just throw it, just just let it out.
Speaker 3: We're we're all rubbing your back right now. You hear this, I'm holding your hair back. Yeah, that's rub your Oh did you say this, mister Mick because I'm Asian Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we have an ranger. Come on, got the fire palms.
Speaker 4: If you want to see a thirty two minute travelog of Mike being mostly not racist, that'll be after this podcast, will doubt.
Speaker 2: God? Yeah, just be the judge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you were.
Speaker 3: Again a premium member and also on the ibomb discord, you should go behind the scenes channel. Uh. I was scrubbing through the timeline and the first place I stopped was just Mike going to town on a donut.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I I initially I edited the travelog, and I initially had the cold open before the stinger be Mike drunk in a robot car, orgasming over a donut.
Speaker 2: The point of the donut eating experience for other people maybe the best point for him. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I one of the if you feedback edit requests I got was, that's a lot to start with you.
Speaker 5: You didn't do something different for the cold open.
Speaker 6: It was we're really throwing it in the deep pendal with that kind of filled up to that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some there's some fun, a lot a lot of fun things in the travelog. Very good job, Dan. I didn't touch up too many things. Yeah, yeah, Sean, he went to EVO. We just chatted about that. In one of the games. You got to check out a few games. You played Invincible, Victoria's Secret.
Speaker 7: That's what versus VS stands for, Yes, exactly, Whattory see your chat for Versus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got.
Speaker 5: I was suddenly interested in Invincible.
Speaker 7: I went to the booth and I got an appointment for this one. So I did get to sit down and play with the games director and we just chatted about the game and played for about an hour. So I got a lot of footage we could like turn into something I'd like to turn to something we'll see what happens there. But this game is very interesting. It's kind of everything and the kitchen sink, the tag team fighting game where if you can think of a fighting game, mechanic boy, it's in there somewhere in some form. Basically everything except I was very excited to hear this, except for Comeback mechanics. That's the one thing that putting in. So no x fector no sparking, all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Does it have the thing from Time Killers where you can cut off their arm and leg and they keep fighting.
Speaker 7: I know they don't keep fighting, but it is invincible. So people blow up a lot. Dan from a punch the.
Speaker 4: Blade thing where you can hit him in the head with the weapon and the die immediately.
Speaker 7: Oh if you end the round with that, yes, their head will explode, yes, okay, okay, So yeah, I don't know if this is the official term they're gonna use, but because innvincible, it's a very bloody game. Blood accumulates both on offense and defense. He says that the fist they call him the blood gauntlets because as you punch someone, the blood stays on their hands as the fight goes on, and then like blood splatters, will stay on the opponent and the ground and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It is in motion.
Speaker 7: I don't think streams like the trailer they showed at what would have been Summer Game Fest or whatever, the Xbox showcase something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, its xbox X. I played at Xbox. I played at Xbox's installation at SGF.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't think that shows off the game in motion as well as when you're actually playing it, because there's a lot going on the back. Not great for bitray and everything. It looks very clean, it looks really nice in person. And also if everything I just mentioned about the blood and everything doesn't do it for you, because it's invincible, it's going to be there. They did announce that there is a like a streamer mode where you can turn like that stuff off and have a less gory experience.
Speaker 5: Wait, that falls under streamer mode. Why would that be?
Speaker 7: Well, because people get demonetized constantly on YouTube for showing excessive gore and like Mortal Kombat and stuff. Really, yeah, you can't show a fatality in MK anymore, even the x rays anymore, because the yeah YouTube's good enough at detecting like, oh, there's blood on the screen. Demonetized and maybe even age restricted to eighteen plus.
Speaker 4: Though, is it getting caught thinking it's like actual violence stuff, or is it specifically trying to like crack down like MK.
Speaker 7: In particular, like has gotten good enough that Yeah, the algorithm thinks you're showing actual, actual gore.
Speaker 2: That sucks. Yeah, but the game is fun. It is very much.
Speaker 7: Three mixed with Killer Instinct at its core, which makes sense because quarter up, quarters Up, I forget what it is is the developer on this, and a lot of them are from the former Killer Well Helix back today before even Iron Galaxy took over, so a lot of them they just were like, hey, let's get the band back together. Let's make a tag team game, because that's what we want to make a lot of those right now, so we'll see how that pans out. But this one was fun once I started learning all the mechanics, learning how everything works together, because it does feel like they are just taking elements all these little things you know from different games from the Marvel versus cafcom series, from their own work on Killer Instinct, as the combo meter where you can do anything you want, like moves just link into other moves until that meter fills up. And then you know they'll pop out the combo if you fill that meter up, or you can like end the combo early with a super or the right heavy move or something. It's very fun and they do a bunch of cool little things I think will get people in the door with First of all, the gameplay. It does have like auto combos a little bit. They're not like great auto combos how should be. We can kind of just mash buns. Cool things will happen. You get to see them each use their supers. The characters are all interacting with each other. A lot of voices from the show and everything are back in. They have one of the artists, I don't know where he's from, but he's worked on series before. It's like consulting on all the art and everything like that. I believe the creator is consulting as well, and so it's just very authentic. A lot of fans aers there for people who want and then they do cool things like age transitions. If you're familiar, A lot of fighting games have this where like you knock them into the wall and they'll go to like the different pars stage. Guilty Gear has it where that you go to like a really different parts of stage. This has it where it makes sense because it's invincible. When you punch them through the stage transition, they go to a different stage like like you know, stage select on the stage seleg screen a different stage. Wow, okay cool, which makes sense because yeah, they're like it's it's invincible. They're like fighting around the world and everything like that because they're superheroes.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's into.
Speaker 7: Space like that, like that's on the stage is yeah, So like I think I think it's like randomly picked. But you'll, yeah, you'll just go to like the space stage or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think i'd die.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I think of any of us, you'd have the best chance of surviving being punched into space.
Speaker 3: Well that means a lot, thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah you got it.
Speaker 2: Sean.
Speaker 3: While we're talking about versus games, you might as well get this out of the way as well. I'm excited to hear about Marvel Pocon Fighting Souls because this is four v four.
Speaker 7: Yeah, four v four tag fighting game that weirdly doesn't much feel like a fourty four tag fighting game. This was a very strange one to play, like after my Invincible appointment, because Invincible is very much what you would think like a three v three tag fighting game is. I say, it's very Marvel versus cap I'm inspired. This one, despite being a Marvel fighting game, is not very Marvel versus Capcom inspired because there's an emphasis on the two characters on the screen fighting each other, and then you tag in assists. You don't like you can switch to other characters, but so far it doesn't feel like that's the focus of the game necessarily. It's almost more like I can see Chad already says it may like Mortal Kombat one, where you know, like that has an assist character that you bring in, right, but that's not a tag game.
Speaker 2: You're not switching me for your entire team.
Speaker 6: So yeah, the other iron Man gets killed and now Captain America comes in.
Speaker 7: Yes, exactly, it's one one bar for one health gauge for your entire team. But if you are switching between them, you're kind of just getting access to different different move sets and everything. You're not specifically switching to more characters, and the gameian starts. I didn't know this was the case until I played it. You only start with two characters, like it's just you and your first support character, which, by the way, the order in which you select your team determines what assist they will use when you call them, oh, weird, interesting thing that they're doing there. But yeah, when a big moment happens, which as far as we know, is grabbing or doing that stage transition, like I mentioned that they have stage transitions in here too, you knock them through the wall, then you get an additional character. You'll get an additional pip of meter, a little bit of extra health, but you're not gaining an entirely new character like entirely new health, bower or anything. You just basically unlock another assist and the ability to do a little bit more. So it feels more like a traditional one v one fighting game. Even in movement, which concerns me a little bit. It feels a little slow. It's a little guilty your strive, and that's you're not dashing all over the goddamn place, which is what you expect on Marvel Fighting games. So yeah, it felt very different.
Speaker 2: I feel like, does I feel like a deliberate choice like they are. They don't want to be one to one compared to the previous Marvel games, so they're going for the slower style on purpose. Yeah.
Speaker 7: They said in that trailer that they want to do their version of a fighting game, their version of a tag team fighter. And that's what it feels like here that they are intentionally going out of their way to try new things, to bring something new to tag team fighting games. And we'll see how it plays out, because I think if nothing else, people are going to get in the door because this game looks incredible. Yeah, you do, our system works. That's all I do nowadays is make gorgeous fighting choice showcases.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess when they announces I assumed, oh, this is going to be kind of like their fall up the Dragon Ball Fighters, because that was very Marvel versus Capcom code.
Speaker 7: Right, But yeah, it seems a little more in the vein of their other games like Guilty Gear and then you know, Guilty Gear even had like an experimental like THREEB three mode recently, it seems like maybe they were trying some stuff out there to see if they want to implement them in Token, but it was still it was still fun. It maybe it sounds like I'm being a little like apprehensive, like I don't know about this one. This seems a little this seems like a little off. It's very fun. It's just so different than what I think all of us were expecting. It's just it's gonna take time to accept that the next Marvel Tag Team Fighting game does not play like Marl versus cafcom, which for you know, years at this point.
Speaker 2: It's funny as you were describing picking up new characters for your little roster, it starts sounding like Mario Party for a second, and then I got scared. A party of all things. Huh yeah, you know, you get the opportunity to pick up another do that? That's right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Super Mario Party, the first one on Switch. Yeah, absolutly great one.
Speaker 3: How do you do you select a specific character when you get to one of those instances?
Speaker 2: I know in order?
Speaker 7: So on the character select, yeah, you you you select your point character.
Speaker 2: Waiting in the wing right, they're like waiting after the side and it is in the.
Speaker 7: You pick them on character select, So you pick your point character. Like let's say you pick Captain America. He's your point character, he's who you start with, and you pick Iron Man as I forget what the order is, but it's like it's like a projectile assist, and then it's launcher assist and then other assist and the other characters you pick like Iron Man and Miss Marvel and whoever.
Speaker 2: Last one, well, letting assess you get to go to a home. Wow, okay, nice, I thought I'm here for everyone. That's why we took so long too.
Speaker 6: We knew that he was charging.
Speaker 2: Before we move on from it, which I think that sounds cool actually being like selecting an order and being the assist that they're going to do, because that makes it very simple for me to think about, Like I completely understand, like, Okay, I could build a team in this way, and whoever I put in the slot when I hit that button to bring them out, we're going to do that thing.
Speaker 6: And so I can use all these characters that are disparate in play style or whatever in effectively the same way no matter how I select them.
Speaker 2: That's helpful to me. Yeah. I bet that's what they're thinking, I believe.
Speaker 7: So what happens is, like I said, you can tag between characters during the match. It's like not emphasized, but you can. So you might think, well, wait, what happens if I like switch, yeah, this character down to that slot, do they do that assist. I believe, yes, the assists are always bound to the bun like, even if the person who starts as your projectalysis gets like shuffled around because you're you are switching characters. I believe that anytime you press that butun whoever is in that slot will do a projectalysis. So the assists are a little more generic than Marl versus capcom as well. Sure, yeah, I didn't. I didn't have an appointment. So if it sounds like, you know, I'm a little scattered brain ey, it's because I am. I only got to like go through the line each time. It wasn't very long. It was like a twenty minute wait.
Speaker 2: It was oh good, that was doable.
Speaker 7: So I didn't get to play with the developers or anything, understand it quite as much. Hilariously, though, I did get to play next to a developer. Herado was playing next to me while I was at the station one time.
Speaker 2: You just whisper waffle how to them the whole time.
Speaker 7: As much as I would like to no, it's it's a very fun game. I'm interested to see how people react to it. It's all the controller soup. I'm curious how casuals react to that because it is like a I guess technically seven bun fighting game. I mean right, it's a little deceptive at first that they've simplified things, but it also got some depths to it.
Speaker 2: I'm curious to see how it pans out for them.
Speaker 3: Nice, nice, glad to hear that you got to check out some neat stuff at EVO, Sean something that we've been meaning to check out or actually check in is our punishment check in. And if folks remember, Dan Reichert handily destroyed all all of us.
Speaker 2: In our Tony Hawk Cruise Challenge where to get to the cruise level first time score play it the real way.
Speaker 5: Mike was supposed to be the best gamer.
Speaker 6: Giant bomb weird what I deal with a shotgun and bataffeled six.
Speaker 2: It was bad.
Speaker 6: Tried to embarrass me by posting that clip, but motherfucker, I should add that to the listener for it.
Speaker 2: But yes, go on.
Speaker 3: But our punishments and Jeff Grubby for with yours is Mike Manata. Yours was outer wilds.
Speaker 2: I beat mine. Mine was the longest and I finished it first. You're a good boy, mikey very boy. You get points. Do you want to wants head pats? Yes, I'm glad.
Speaker 5: I'm glad he did. You know, punishments are are serious. And he took it seriously and and he went through the long good game, and and he thought.
Speaker 2: What about it? It's amazing an all timer? Of course. Oh, I love hearing it's an all timer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm so lucky that somehow I had very little that game spoiled to me.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know it was a loop. You definitely wow, because I'm sure I told you about it. It's the kind of game. No, it just doesn't register if you don't know what's going on. Yeah, what does any of this mean? It's so hard to explain to other people, even if they're interested in it. Totally, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it's fantastic. I absolutely loved it on such a twenty nineteen apology towards that and something else that I'll be playing. I can't believe I didn't check this out at the time. I don't know what's wrong with me. So thank you Dan for forcing me to finally get it. Thank you Dan.
Speaker 4: It's a good one to force people, because, like you know, Maharty did that to me. We got beers after GB East once and he was like, Dan, I know this probably wouldn't be a thing that you would play normally, but you really need to try. And he gave me like a couple little teases of like, oh, it's a planet where it's like based on you go this time of day, the sand is like this, and when you go like it's like the loop factor and everything.
Speaker 5: So like he gave me the hard sell and it became one of my favorite games ever.
Speaker 6: So each planet has something weird and different going on there that's even weirder and more different than it appears to do it than you could ever expect looking at it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, God, I need to go to the DLC and finally check that out. I still wants me to play the DLC.
Speaker 5: I fell right off.
Speaker 4: Really it was too I had no I spent hours and I was like, I don't understand what the like And that's the point, Like I enjoyed that part of the original game of like I'm going to figure this out by just you know, walking around, not gonna look anything up. Tried the exact same approach to the DLC, and I was like, I'm getting zero anywhere with this, so yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's because like I had a couple times in a game where I was feeling like that, I was getting frustrated. I was like, I'm not I don't know what he wants me to do. I'm not figuring it out. It's never gonna happen. I don't want to look it up Because'm subborn. But now I'm starting to feel bad. And then eventually it did just click, and when it did, it was such this like this relief and this satisfaction felt amazing.
Speaker 4: I'll try it at some point again, because yeah, everyone says it's great. Jan, Your punishment was one that I loaded up actually recently Yo Yoshi's Island. I was messed around to CRT and also testing the CRT filter on the S and S and switched to which I heard is pretty good, and it is pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's really good. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 4: Yes, So I've been playing a little bit of Yoshi's Island, but I've talked plenty about it.
Speaker 5: So, Jan, what are your thoughts.
Speaker 3: If there has ever been anything to make me not want to have a child? Old he is Yoshi's Island.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty accurate to the experience.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everyone complains. Are you talking about the crying the baby?
Speaker 3: I just fucking hate baby Mario. I would have I would have dropped Dan. I would have dropped him off at like a fire fire station.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the thing, He's not a problem if you're playing right, you know, Like I almost never I almost never hear that fucking baby cry.
Speaker 5: So it's like, and you know, I hate babies, but like in that game, I don't have a.
Speaker 2: Problem with them. Yes, this is one of the things we say about you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Children of Men feel good movie of the year.
Speaker 2: That's all of the best comedies I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: Oh god, it's just a delight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, after I finally got my my sea legs on me and and kind of acclivated myself to the flow of the game, I'm kind of like kicking myself for not checking this out sooner. Yes, very first thing that sticks out. I fucking love the color palette in the.
Speaker 2: Look of this game.
Speaker 5: It's incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what you could do.
Speaker 3: Like I remember when we went to the Nintendo Park at Universal and there was that small section that was a Yoshi's Island themed and Dany were like going Google Gaga over it. I didn't quite have the same reverence. But now seeing and playing through Yoshi's Island, I'm like, oh, ship, this looks great. I want to live in this world more and with like the rumors that grub you you talked about on game as Mornings of a new Super Mario Brothers collection, I don't want that at.
Speaker 2: All, all right, what they might do a new capital, Yeah, I have the same reaction dance.
Speaker 5: I mean they're good games subjectively, Yeah, they're good.
Speaker 6: Ones, very good, are they?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Game the we one, I'll give you the games. The one's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, But I just want I just want this world. I just want this color palette. Yes, and I funny enough, I never checked out Yoshi's Island, but I did check out uh Wooly World or Yoshi's Wooly World.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, look for that. Keep imitations.
Speaker 3: But like even this, just thinking about when this game came out, and like all the small little details. I love the little like dopey flowers and everything.
Speaker 5: The boss have you gotten the boss fights with that can be coming? All the warping and stuff.
Speaker 3: Great, It's it's just so good and it's just like, Okay, I can put up with this child when I get hit, and then Yoshi's just kind of.
Speaker 2: Like a g just like shooting things and like quarterback.
Speaker 5: Really you go from one Yoshi who just like tosses the baby to the next one.
Speaker 7: I love that.
Speaker 6: I'm like at different Yoshi in different levels. I don't know why, like this is a team at first.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: As I played for the first time ever, I'm playing it to try to get all of the red coins and flowers and every.
Speaker 2: Time, and as soon as I beat that the first time, I'm like, I am going back. I I was like, that's maybe the first game I really remember one.
Speaker 5: See I never did that, And I know, aren't there like two levels in each world that are just like exclusive to like if you get all over.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, totally.
Speaker 4: And I realize there's like a bunch of levels of Yoshi's Island, one of my favorite games that like I just haven't played, so like I'm actually going through it now and it's.
Speaker 6: It's a great yeah, good good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's just like it just says so much to like little character details that I feel like not necessarily missing from the mainline Mario games, but like little touches I I love like when you get to like the stage complete section and it's like that chalkboard that like framing animation of switching between like the fonts kind of jittering around, Like I love that very cute.
Speaker 2: Everything's so good.
Speaker 3: It makes me think that it's kind of Nintendo has been sitting on so many things for like forever, right, it could easily pull the Yoshi trigger and capitalize the shit off of that dinosaur like in the next Mario movie or whatever he's gonna be in the movie.
Speaker 6: That was a postcrit stinger in the last one spoiler, you know when we had them in the end of Mario Odyssey, Right, we beat the game, you can cappy a Yoshi and it's like, oh, this is just a three D Yoshi move set.
Speaker 2: Now, this is amazing. I want one of these.
Speaker 6: I really hope we get a three D Yoshi game, kind of like how we finally got a three D Kirby game another three D Donkey Kunk game. I think they're a little I think they're really beholding to the idea of Yoshi is their entry level series, and it's like kind of.
Speaker 2: Which is what Kirby was supposed to be. It was literally made to be the entry level series.
Speaker 5: And you look at everything they've done with Yoshi since Yoshi's Island. You're starting with Yoshi's story, and they've all just been like man like Yosha's Islanders is the fact that.
Speaker 2: Like, babies love Yoshi, kids love Yoshi all right, but.
Speaker 5: Too damn it, what about all of us adult men.
Speaker 2: Something for me for once? It's very much what they think of the forty year old men. It's filling the role for them, right. They need some game in that role, and they've decided that Kirby and Yoshi, let's get in. Kirby's kind of graduating all of that, but they're leaving Yo. At least we got Yoshi's.
Speaker 6: Island, like it can be multi fascinating because you know, a Kirby, we did get Star Allies is the baby one and it was really bad, but you know, maybe the babies liked it.
Speaker 2: But then we also got Forgotten Land.
Speaker 6: On Switch and it was still it wasn't some super difficult game, but it was satisfying for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was more like a Mario. Everyone could enjoy that.
Speaker 6: So you know, if you want to make some two D Yoshi gave her babies again, that's fine, but.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, give me a big three D Yoshi game, it'd be amazing.
Speaker 3: Like it seems like a missed opportunity. I know, the Nintendo Land in Universal Studios La or Hollywood is pretty small, but yo, you could have like a carousel and it's all just Yoshi's.
Speaker 6: Well, so yeah, the one and you know the one in Orlando has a Yoshi ride. Yeah, the Japan and Orlando had. That's so that the line for Mario Kart, that line is the line for I think Yoshi in uh in the Okay, so they wanted to bring some of that here.
Speaker 7: That's why we want Yeah, Japan, it would now be the Donkey Kong ride, right, because they have that one over there too.
Speaker 6: So okay, Orlando and Japan they have the whole Nintendo World experience with the Mario cut right, the Yoshi right, and the Donkey Kong stuff. It's very short and it's definitely it's the kids ride for sure. It's very slow, but it's neat and it's very Yoshi's Island themed, so you can see some of that stuff in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really enjoy this punishment. I do kind of want to just beat it. Yeah, just finish it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's part of the punishment.
Speaker 6: It's as far as the best final bosses in Nintendo history, Yes.
Speaker 5: It is one I think about.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that'll be worth it, Jane to see that final boss and because it's like especially if you put your mindset or put your hand in the mindset of this happened on the Super Nintendo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I don't need to buy a PlayStation.
Speaker 2: This can do it. Just lie baha.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm thinking about that a lot of like, wow, this is on the Super Nintendo.
Speaker 6: Holy Donkey Kong has advanced computer modeling a CM. You want to talk to me about a CM, I'll talk you about a CM.
Speaker 5: I never have to get anything but a Super Nintendo. I'm set forever.
Speaker 2: Had some great late games, like that's a good one, which which just to man the best like life probably sick there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I gotta ask since I I we talked about the post credit stinger in the Mario Brothers movie. Do you think they either a redesigned Yoshi or b give Yoshi like a voice, or Yoshi kind of be like Star Wars he can't talk.
Speaker 7: Oh no, he'll be like he'll be like the minions, you know, just like gibberish. Yeah, but everyone noises.
Speaker 4: Like when he does the butt stop in Yoshi's islands. Probably like that little thing like you can make those noises and stuff. That's fine. Don't talk, no, it.
Speaker 2: Can be like R two D two just squeaks and squawks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, all right, it doesn't need to be. I don't know who's popular.
Speaker 6: Travis Kelcey, Yeah, Travis Kelcey as yo, Travis kel baby Yoshi.
Speaker 2: I love how stupid baby Yoshi looks. By the way.
Speaker 6: You don't get that an island that's Mario World, But I love that stupid tiny yes, blubber baby, you know what.
Speaker 2: I love Aquafina, but it's gonna be Yoshi's.
Speaker 3: To be voiced bio.
Speaker 2: From being in too many any animated movies. I don't love her. I'm very tired. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You have a double Everything or Nothing? Yeah, Double seven Everything or Nothing, which I played through, uh, probably about a third of on stream, and then that was on the computer, and I since restarted it on steam Deck so I could play it more conveniently and I got up to the same point. Uh, and I am enjoying that game.
Speaker 6: Quite a bit.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: You know, you always have to reacclimate yourself to third person shooters before, you know, Resident Evil uh two or for and a bunch of other stuff kind of like really solidified solidified what that genre was going to be. But once you do, it's like, oh no, a lot of that stuff was already here. Uh and they have. It's just a really good series of set pieces where James Bond's doing very James Bond stuff. And even though the product placement, like the Porsche Cayenne, like when it was first coming out, that's his car in this game, then like kind of putting that front and center, it's hokey in the way you want James Bond to be hokey. And I've been enjoying that. And you know, there's the occasional like, what is this game trying to get me to do? Okay, all right, I'll guess I'll try to make see if that works, and then it does, it's like okay, they were still trying to figure out how to exactly convey to the player like Okay, we're gonna get you to this point and then we're gonna take over control so we could do our fun big splashy sequence, but you know, that's only happened a couple times where I kind of felt lost.
Speaker 6: About what it wanted from me.
Speaker 2: The rest of the time, I'm like kind of blasting my way through levels. The gun play is actually pretty fun. The game looks fantastic. I've been I did play it some on the Shoot hardware. Obviously it looks good on Dolphin because of the upres, but like the underlying character model for Puerrece Brosnan that's his name, right, looks so good, Like his face model looks so realistic that it's still really impressive. And then the rest of the time, it's just like it really has a nice realistic setting to it where I really feel like, oh yeah, they kind of got the cinematic quality that they were going for, even on the GameCube. That is the generation we're graphics, so like real ready graphics really got figured out.
Speaker 4: But I'll say it does a couple of things that I remember, like that came out in four and like, you know, it does a couple of things that I remember experiencing kind of for the first time with that game that I think other games kind of get credit for, like the cover base shooting. You know, there's you know, you can like Middle Year two, you could do the thing where you go against the wall and just kind of pop out and shoot, but like this, you could like target stuff a lot better. It had kind of that Hitman vision thing if I remember right where you can kind of see Bond vision. Yeah, it's like that type of stuff that like I remember for the first time, like that really good third person you know, cover based stuff and the Bond vision.
Speaker 2: I've been surprised by how many of those things are there. Yes, like it really they really did figure out a lot. I mean, this was it make a They made a lot of these Bond games. Was this the third one or the second one? Was the third one? Yeah? Third ones? Yeah, yeah, Aged under Fire, Night Fire Fire, and then the Rush Rush. Yeah, this does feel like the third one where back then that would have been the first two were really successful. They keep making more money, so we could put more, even more money into this one, and they probably got the minish were turn starting around here and then going into the fourth one. But that meant that they could put a lot of effort in there, and it shows like it really does show up in the game where they believed that they could. They had also like figured out a lot of the problems that might have happened in the first game, so so yeah, yeah, just really enjoying it.
Speaker 5: And last like really cool idea that it's like it's not based on a movie. They just made a hole.
Speaker 4: They got Won de Faux and Heidi Klum and Shannon Elizabeth and you know, like a whole new Smigny Maya does the song you Got Jaws coming Back and stuff. It's just like it was a very ambitious, cool thing at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like one Planet and I'm like, I'm like, I'm pretty sure this wasn't a movie, but it just feels like this guest that's Willem Dafoe, Like how is he in here?
Speaker 6: It's just is kind of amazing.
Speaker 7: Speaking of the other games, I was curious why you recommend this one specifically, Dan, because the other ones are like pretty solid games too, and pretty well regard for people who played them. Like I's Underfire, I remember being like dolid but kind of alright, But night Fire, I think is the one that like everyone really likes, including myself.
Speaker 6: People like night Fire.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember I tried.
Speaker 4: I was so hot on Golden Eye obviously, but then like you know, when they switched developed and stuff like World's Not Enough and tur I Never dies, I didn't love so I kind of fell off Bond until when I was in college. I was in college from two to seven, and so this is right in the heart of that where EA would come to my campus and to our dorms. Oh and they would set up little kiosk and they would just like in the lobby of the dorm and it'd be like, oh, here's you know. My first time playing Burnout was at one of these things, you know, so it's like these it was actually very effective. It was like several games like this was one of them, and I was like, oh shit, this game is actually great. I'm going to games Stop right now and buying this thing.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, the man EA was like pretty good at Movie License games back in that time that the Lord of the Rings games were actually really good in them, was really good. The thirty eight they did the same thing there where they like made another one after that that, the first batch of three. It's just so wild.
Speaker 6: That was like a five maybe six year console generation. There was four James Bond games. They're all pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not like that anymore. Oh no, no.
Speaker 3: Semi related question. I guess I've always been curious about this. How was Pierce Brosnan received as Bond, Because when I was growing up.
Speaker 2: He was just Bond for me.
Speaker 5: Oh see, I was.
Speaker 4: I remember when it was like, oh my god, Bond's back, because Golden Eye was like ninety six, I want to say, and at that point it had been like a while, because like, they did a couple of Dalton ones and then as a kid, I always thought Bond was like an old movie for old movies, Like I didn't know it was a current thing that they were still so like. To me, it's like it almost felt like a legacy sequel before that was a.
Speaker 6: Term, especially because you know, we're all older and we grew up with that. He's looked back on favorably, even though I think most people were like, yeah, the first movie was great, and there's other ones.
Speaker 5: Golden is great.
Speaker 4: Some people stand by Tom I never dies, World's done enough has the Christmas only comes once a year line, which is great, and then die another day is unbelievably fucking stupid but kind of fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's kind of It's so dumb It is kind of fun it it was so obviously, all right, we've got too far of this direction. You can see why we got a casine, you know, roy alle after totally it was necessary that, Yes, but what's.
Speaker 2: Kind of fun to see how stupid it got.
Speaker 3: Yes, folks, we've been going for a little bit. We're gonna take a quick breaky break, and we'll continue talking about video games, and maybe we'll take another break and then talk about the news we'll see on the other side of this, and we're back. We're still talking about video games. Here's a little bit of that music.
Speaker 2: There was. That was a little bit of that music. Yeah, okay, I was thinking about this as you.
Speaker 3: Were talking about your punishment Grub and Mike you were talking about getting a three D Yoshi. But like all these indie games that I've been enjoying, like Big Hops, Grub and all this other stuff, this could just be a Yoshi game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yoshi got not wrong. God, Big Hops really could be. Yoshi got that tongue. Yoshi got an arm on him. You know, he got what that tongue do for sure. You don't have to say it like that, well you can. That's what's fun about podcasting, Like, I.
Speaker 3: Don't you know, if I had a tongue, I was like one of those sticky hands that you like throw.
Speaker 5: Yeah, those are great.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I would do with it, but I do stuff with it.
Speaker 5: Trick thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: While we're checking in about games Grub, you have another check in from Donkey Kong Bonanza.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I've decided I don't like the term postgame content because you can put the credits wherever you want, right they like they just fuck like we're gonna put in the middle.
Speaker 6: Of our game and don't tell anybody. But it keeps going after that.
Speaker 2: It's still really good and it's still that video game, and it actually like kind of gets interesting in some different like I don't know, the challenges are more in line with the yeah, more challenging, the letting you use your powers in ways that are like cool and uh yeah and fresh. So I've been enjoying experiencing that, and it's like it did remind me. It's like, yeah, they maybe Nintendo does that a little bit now. Every once in a while, there's been some other games where they kind of just have the credits here and then you can kind of keep playing the game. It's it's in game stuff, I guess, but yeah, I've been continuing to play that and kind of figuring out what it wants me to do. After the credits was fun, and now it's like, okayeah, these challenges are very good, and then that gives me an excuse to keep exploring, and then I am still one hundred percent in some levels. I am at a point now where it's like, this is a lot. There's so much in this game, like this might be something I slowly do over the next year or something like that and not try to force it all right now because that would take up all my time. But yeah, it's like pretty interesting to see them be like, yeah, no, you beat the game, sure, and then if you want to keep playing, there's more there, and it's like, no, everyone should probably keep playing the game at least a little bit, because they really did save some of their best stuff for after those credits.
Speaker 5: How many banana do you have?
Speaker 2: I am at like around I'm almost at six hundred, I think.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm in like the high fives. Okay, so we're probably around the same spot and Gruby we haven't even talked about this, but I have the exact same thought of like, you know, I spent a lot of time playing this game. It's been my main game for a few weeks, and now it's like, I don't think it's gonna be one that's hard to pick up again. No, you know, I think it's gonna be one that like if I'm on a flight a month from now, I'd be, oh, yeah, don't count, let's get a few bananas, you know. So like that is exactly how I'm viewing it. I'm moving on to other things right now. But it's gonna be nice to have that in the back pocket because exactly that team's like post game quote unquote stuff like you know, Odyssey and all that stuff, Like I always love that ship.
Speaker 2: So I did see chat here.
Speaker 4: Say that Pickman four gets amazing after the credits, and I do remember that because one hundred percent Pickman four, I forgot what it specifically did. If it like let you do it again with like a time limit on the days or was.
Speaker 2: That when the you know, the the all of our stuff happened with that postred before credit. I think I can't remember. I do remember one percent in that game. I think we all did the ones was that played it, and I think we all really liked that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember telling Kayla because yeah, I remember Kayla got to like credits and I was.
Speaker 5: Like, all right, now you get now the real stuff it is starting. But I forgot how it does that?
Speaker 2: You know? Man?
Speaker 5: Pick four kicked ass good.
Speaker 2: I got a Pickment, penn At and the Teto Star.
Speaker 6: It was about that pen yesterday. It's a lot of great writing, uten so, but pray so.
Speaker 3: The main thing it is four, not that great shut up jam.
Speaker 2: The mame thing is looking cute.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, Like, yeah, you guys got anything about my banana account? And I was like, where the hell do I even find that? And then okay, I just found the menu to give you idea of how I'm playing the game. I'm at five hundred and forty six and I'm on sub level fourteen hundred.
Speaker 2: You got to stop. That's wild.
Speaker 7: Wow, play these games, man. I just see a thing, I gotta go do the thing.
Speaker 5: And you know a lot of things.
Speaker 7: The complaint that many things though, the complaint that I had when we first talked about this, of they separate out the the destruction and the platforming too much for my taste. It gets better about that as the game is up right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think they trust you more as you play the game longer, and that continues after the credits, right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: So they that's kind of like you guys were getting at the Nintendo thing that they do nowadays. They know freaks like us will just play like all that this game has to offer, so they do lock a lot of that harder stuff behind the like, and I.
Speaker 2: Think people also feel better if they feel like, oh, I beat a game, so I feel better about this thing. I think it's a mental trick that they're playing bactly for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's always kind of been the case though, Like like think of like Mario sixty four or even Super Mario World, Like you can beat that game and doing like less than half the levels and then if you're a sicko, you can go back and you know, do all of them, like literally Mario World had that, you know.
Speaker 2: Yep, good point, which I like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, while we're checking in about Nintendo games, Dan, this is a surprising thing to see on the list. But you put on Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm at the spot where it's like, you know, I'm doing what I'm doing with Bonanza, but I do want to move on to something else right now as my main thing, and it's like what is coming out soon. It's like, I know Borderlines four is coming out. I beat Snaky, but I can't talk about that for a little bit. So I decided, like I've been wanting to check out either Breath of the Wild or Tiers the Kingdom since the Switch two came out, and I was going back and forth forever, and I landed on Breath the Wild. And now that I'm I'm playing it and enjoying it more than I expected in the last few days. I think I am confident now in my thought that I do prefer this over Tiers of the Kingdom. And I do think Tiers of the Kingdom is a incredible like one of the best games of all time. I think it has better abilities overall, like you know, the ruins and stuff like that. But as I play Breath of the Wild, I'm really appreciating kind of how focused it is, because like Tiers the Kingdom, lets you do a lot of stuff, but it also is stuff that kind of slows things down, like it's a lot of fiddling with stuff, you know, creating the things, going through menus, attaching items to arrows, and like, there's so much you can do. It's incredibly impressive. But the Breath of the Wild, as I'm playing it, it is just kind of like beautifully like simple is not the word, but it's just focused. It's just like, Okay, I'm just like, you know, I'm getting to the top of a new tower. I'm like, oh, I see those shrines over there. Like it's like there's less stuff you can do, but it does feel like more of a kind of straightforward adventure. And I thought that, like, because I play the shit out of it one hundred percent of the Originally I thought that it would just be like kind of retreading that and I wouldn't have that sense of discovery. But it's such a big world and there's so much shit in it that I am finding that, like, oh, even my path here is different than it was the first time, you know, Like I like, as I'm just stumbling upon different parts of the world and deciding what order to do things in, it is feeling fresher than I expected it to be.
Speaker 5: But I guess it's been eight years or so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does the Seldon notes app work do anything in Breadth of the Wild.
Speaker 4: Yes, it does. So it doesn't do anything like obviously like tiers. You can do the QR code like bringing the constructions and stuff, but you can do all the like GPS stuff, And I haven't really messed with it. I've looked at the navigation map and it is cool. You can kind of filter, like, oh, if I just need to beat a high Knox or something, I can just kind of tap that, or if I'm looking for core ox seeds in the area, i can just you know, pop all that up.
Speaker 2: On that school. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I haven't done the like turn by turn direction type stuff or anything yet. I'm kind of just doing it in game like normal. But yeah, I've kind of fiddled with it, and it does seem like a cool little If there's the.
Speaker 2: Zelda commentary stuff where she like talks about stuff in the world, is that.
Speaker 6: Just Tears the King, I bet it's.
Speaker 4: I think it's it's got the like Zelda memories thing or something. I don't really care about that. I remember seeing it in Tears the gad to be like, all right, that's this is so weird.
Speaker 6: I have this director's commentary from a fictional character talking about their cafabe.
Speaker 4: It was just yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah. It's like I'm not really using the notes app, but it is there. There's like a weird like I don't understand the point of this. It seems like there's like an item box type thing where you can like put things in an item box and retrieve it later or something, but I don't know why I would need to do that. Like most of the items you can just kind of have infinite maybe weapons and stuff where you're more limited initially. But no, it's all to say that, like I am liking it a lot more than I expected. I thought I might just mess around with it for a little bit to see how you know runs on switch to which, by the way, it is, Oh my god, it runs so much better.
Speaker 5: I'm playing one hundred inch.
Speaker 4: So like the fucking resolution boost and the fucking frame rate and like that game is beautiful on a big ass screen. I am loving it, loving it so like, yeah, I'm more into it than I thought. Second, yeah, I was like, you're.
Speaker 7: Definitely among friends here, Dan, because me and Grubb have always felt this way where Breatha Wild, it's kind of more of a focused puzzle game in a lot of ways, whereas Tears of the Kingdom is that more like free open minecrafty.
Speaker 5: Sandbox, a little bit like a toy you can FID like.
Speaker 7: Both are very very good, and it's more it's just a preference thing. I don't think one invalidates the other. I like going back to Breath of Wild, which I have done a couple of times, just because I do like solving the shrines with constraints. I think it they were very smart about that. I always think about I brought it up before, but listening to Nintendo Voice Chat back in the day and hearing Jose talk about how he thought, wait, there's an electricity puzzle and you're supposed to move metal blocks, but I have a ton of Clay moares in my inventory. Well, if I just line these suckers up and it works. I think that type of revelation is still so much fun in Breatha Wild, whereas Tears you can you can really like cheessee the system allaways, which is certainly fun. I just prefer the constraints that they were working with Breath the Wild.
Speaker 5: YEP totally agreed.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you know, not no shade on Tiers the Kingdom one of the best games of all time. But like I think I definitively now think I prefer Breath the Wild.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, that's where I've been in Tiers of the Kingdom. I has a better like story.
Speaker 7: And like, oh an ending is incredible and like thee better than the Divine Beasts, for sure, I'll give that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and ever in the way the Breath of Wild doesn't so like that, But but I still prefer Breath with the Wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And I think when it came out, I think I did say, like, oh, if you're playing for the first time, you know, this does everything Breath the Wild did, and more and better. It's like, but more isn't necessarily better now, so I am kind of like backtracking a bit.
Speaker 2: It's better because we still have Breath of the Wild, right, Like, this is what Tears of the Kingdom should have been.
Speaker 6: It should not have tried to like recreate the exact magic magic of Breath the Wild. It should do its own thing, and it did.
Speaker 2: It's just this can exist because I already have Breath with the Wild, and I don't need them to necessarily do that exactly again.
Speaker 6: So it's kind of this awesome best of both.
Speaker 2: Worlds, a survival game versus an open world sandbox in traditional sense, I like both.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I might still be teamed to is the King now, I don't know, it's very close.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. I think for me, it's the story that edges it over.
Speaker 2: And here's just I think there's just like really good at like giving you fun stuff to do. And if you're like trying to find the fun stuff, here's the King's gonna throw that in your game. It's a great geology, yep.
Speaker 4: And I'm just I'm seeing all these little moments that I remember. It's like, oh, I'm just trying to like sneak by like a Bocabblin camp and a tree and they see me and I'm like, oh ship. But then one of them fucking throws an exploding barrel in the wrong way, and I just see like four flaming Bocobblin corpses flying over a hill and it's so funny. And it's just even like big things like that happen now it's like perfect frame rate and everything. It's just like, oh, this is actually that.
Speaker 2: Was supposed to be a weak game.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, it like it's some soyp doesn't maintain the frame weight, but it works.
Speaker 5: Yeah wow yep.
Speaker 3: Moving on to some newer games, Dan and Grub you two have been checking out Ninja Guiddn't Rage Bound.
Speaker 2: Dan, I talked about this a little bit last week's I'm curious to hear your opinion on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a I'm on like act four, so I'm not sure where you're at around there.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking about the end of Act four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think it's it's very, very good.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised by how much it is not playing on nostalgia, I guess because like at times it reminds me more of like a Strider than Yeah, doesn't have to go back. It's got the music and everything. It's got a few of the callback weapons and things like.
Speaker 2: That, and it's not like the music isn't isn't exactly the same.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's more like in between the like that type, like in between levels.
Speaker 2: Like that, right, and it's like it's familiar, but it's not the exactly doesn't sound exactly the same. So I'm almost it's not even playing on nostalgia. In all the ways it could be.
Speaker 7: It's funny in the quick look when the second that Jeff says, yeah, the music's not that great. This like sick guitar riff starts.
Speaker 4: Idiots like a lot of like throwbacks to like you know when you talk about like the make a man nine, make a man ten type approach of like this is just like the ones you remember.
Speaker 5: This does not look anything like in any s game.
Speaker 4: It looks like, you know, if you made badass you know, two D sprite based games on like if the PlayStation in Saturday and saturdayay, you know, yeah, and it looks fucking gorgeous. Like that's it kind of fixes all this stuff about like blasphemous. I enjoyed the art style a lot. I thought it was gorgeous, but like I'm not big on the like kind of Perry from type stuff all the time, and I didn't necessarily want that in that game. Here, it's like, okay, fast paced, challenging any style action game with that incredible like you know, sprite graphics and stuff. So and then you got the messenger stuff where you're kind of do the guillotine booze hopping off projectiles and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 4: It's a very very cool. So I am enjoy it quite a bit. I will probably finish it, I think, Greb, how are you.
Speaker 2: Feeling, Yeah, I'm I'm good to finish it. Yeah, I'm I was like I had the X four Boss last night, the last one of that. It was pretty tough, like probably like five tries and most are like in the two to three range, and so it's like, okay, yeah, this one, I'm really gonna have to like buck down here and like really figure out its patterns and that is that still continues to be so fun every time I do it, and I'm like, oh, I kind of can't wait to see the next. So that's where I'm at with the game right now, where it's like it's got me and it's it's grasp with just the way it's presenting itself. And then you know, the levels are long, and yet it's like usually that bothers me. I'm like, come on, get in there, get in get out it. Brevity's the soul of wit and all that stuff, and it's like, no, these levels have a good pacing to them, even despite being I don't know, twenty minutes long sometimes, which is a long time for a two D running gun run and slash platformer. But yeah, they do a good job of like having a lot of different things in there. There was a train level that I thought was just so good. They really made that feel level and I'm playing, I'm like, I tell Mike about this, I bet he'll be into it. And it's like it's not just there for the setting or the look, like plays into the style of play, but not in a way that's annoying the way some like moving levels can be. It's just I don't know, they made everything fun and made everything at the right level of challenge so that I always feel like I'm accomplishing something and then I look cool the entire time i'm doing it. So yeah, just still super into Rage Bound.
Speaker 4: Also, I think it's maybe the first game after many, many many years of CRT filters or I've gone back and forth a bunch of times and then been like, no, I think the CRT filter makes us look better.
Speaker 2: ERRQ filters are improving like constantly and there is good Yeah, and the Ninja guid in one is good too, So like the people are looking at these studios now understand that there's people that they probably hire that, like, get these things right.
Speaker 7: You can't just learn labot damn lines on and call it day you got. You gotta go a little bit further, and they're getting better at doing that.
Speaker 2: It's hard to like show it off because it never looks right on strings and people never gonna believe until they see themselves.
Speaker 7: You did bring up challenge. I'm curious. Did you have a chance to play hard mode at all yet?
Speaker 6: No, I've not.
Speaker 7: Okay, so on the standard, I've still only played the demo because I haven't I haven't gone around to the full game. I picked it up, but I've been playing so much Donkey Kong. But when the demo came out, I replayed the demo on hard mode because it has a really cool hard mode where they genuinely like add unique enemies and enemy patterns and actually make you think about the level a bit differently and getting around the enemies a different way, which I appreciate so much more than so many games, just you know, adding extra health, deal, extra damage and stuff. At least from the demo, it seemed like they were really putting thought into the hard mode, which I think for something like Ninja Guiden goes a long way, because people playing that kind of game want that challenge, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you could kind of see how it would make a lot of sense with the way that they do the hyper charge attack, where it's like a little bit of a puzzle in every encounter and you got to make sure you like, oh, the one back there's got the energy inside them. If I slash him, I'll be able to get the big sword attack, so I could take out the big enemy in one hit, right, and just kind of always being able to think about that. It's like if they could just add one more layer of complication on top of that, that would be a good heart. Yeah, and that's what they do.
Speaker 7: It's kind of like what Donkey Kong Country, having the Kremlins be the green guys by default and as what the red guys are more difficult ones. They kind of do something like that where they just like make get co version of the enemy. It's pretty neat.
Speaker 2: Six six sick uh.
Speaker 3: Going from Ninja Guided Rage Bound to well back to Mike's tour of older games Control.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the twenty nineteen apology tour continued. We're rephrasing it revenge Tour. Mic oh my revenge. I don't know. I think I need to apologeteen's getting revenge on Mikey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because gosh, with the time we did Game of the Year twenty nineteen, I had not played Resident Evil to remake, I had n't played Secero, I had it played the Outer Wilds, and I hadn't actually played through Control.
Speaker 2: What did you play this year? Never down?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm mike you with this asshole, Mike Minatti. What was your game of the year?
Speaker 2: It was Fire on Them three Houses, which was.
Speaker 5: Damn the Jewish in between the missions.
Speaker 2: What was your number two game? A great question, you know what? Maybe it was Kingdom Hearts three. I'm on your side again. I'm it's on the top ten when you're done with.
Speaker 7: This game's hate Kingdom Hearts. This man's top two. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Oh he is really fun. I like that a lot.
Speaker 6: That just like even I know it's kind of more about the setting and the the kind of weirdness, but just that mechanics feel really good.
Speaker 2: It's really nice shooting.
Speaker 6: I love the way that that gun looks, the way it's always kind of shifting around and looking weird. The Metroy Vigne aspects of it of getting these new powers and abilities.
Speaker 2: Its cool.
Speaker 6: Back in the day, I did bounce off it because I actually didn't love the kind of Twilight zoniness of all of it.
Speaker 2: I think I'm a bit more hear.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm like, I'm not a big like Twin Peaks or guy. I think I'm more receptive to that now. I think at the time I was kind of like, well, if anything can happen, I guess you can just do anything. And that's a little lazy and lame. And now I'm like, I guess that's also kind of fun. So I'm just trying to open up my heart to that stuff a bit more and I am enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Was that a criticism of the entirety of fiction.
Speaker 6: I was like, I think I do like my fiction and even my like kind of more fantasy stuff to kind of have a code of rules, right, there should be a logic to its. Right, It's some of that lore stuff, and you know, in control, it's like, ah, it's shit's weird and yeah, but there's rules that you'll learn to it like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it gets there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's why FBC Firebreak was a little bit disappointing. To me, because like, this is certain the control universe. But it was just kind of it felt like it was being weird for the sake of being weird, rather than like, oh, this ties into a bigger thing that we're trying to keep under control.
Speaker 6: And this is all yeah, funky, and I think that's like that was the stick up my ass the first time. I was like, I think this game is just being weird, and now I'm like, yeah, I don't know why. I was like that, it's weird and interesting and fun. Ways, every time I found out what a new object of power was, I was like, hell, yeah, yes, you know me.
Speaker 1: You know me.
Speaker 2: Though, I'm like, look at all these dead people. That's sad.
Speaker 6: It's just like ifice workers, like corpses, like hanging up in this and I'm like, well, no one seems even very bothered by this.
Speaker 2: This is kind of sad.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you have too much empathy, Mike Monadic.
Speaker 6: Too much empathy for vegan characters who don't have real souls. But yeah, I'm having a very good time with the game. It's like pretty breezy to play through. Uh, it does have very good collectibles and things to read. I don't dive super deep in that stuff, but I like it in the weird TV stuff. Remedy is so good at that. There's like those weird scary puppets which I will remind me of their name, but I love whenever I see those guys in There's Waldorf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Sard Waldorf.
Speaker 6: There's the kind of like science guy who haven't actually met yet in all of his little videos. And the Threshold Kids. Threshold Kids, that's the puppets. Yeah, the setting, gay play, it's all very good stuff. I am enjoying it. And you know Audie Audi Audi's a bro.
Speaker 2: We love Audie, Yeah, we do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I never speak about DLC again. I never checked out the dl C for Control. Yeah, it's supposed to be good.
Speaker 6: I know Alan Wake shows up in one of them rights and it was kind of like a he has like the teaser for Allen Wake two. So that's interesting. I've done the way to DALC either. Not much of a DLC guy. That's why one thing we're like playing this and Outer Wilds. It's like, you know, people are always like, you know what I mean, you gotta play the d l C.
Speaker 2: I could. I kind of like, look, I'll play it if I want to you leave me alone. I'm with you.
Speaker 5: I don't really do deal do it.
Speaker 2: I very rarely do it.
Speaker 5: It's you know, like Broad the Wild and every.
Speaker 7: Keep the motorcyclescle I never did this pretty soon.
Speaker 2: The Motorcycle and Preth of the Wild. It's a few degrees away from Losso random Fuddy Douddy mechanical elephant. That's cool. Motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lame speaking about people with no souls. Mike Manatti, you have also been playing.
Speaker 2: Heretic, Heretic and Hexa.
Speaker 6: This is the new night Dive remaster joint that they announced at Quake Con. I have loved what they are doing with all of these classic shooters. That's why I ago I played through their Doom one and two remasters that they did, I believe last year. I've gone on about how amazing I think Power Slave Exhoomed is. Heretic was kind of like the first Great Doom Clown. It's basically just Doom, but with more of a medieval kind of fantasy section setting, but like a dark fantasy. It's not that removed from what Doom is doing, honestly, but it definitely has a bit more of that dirty fantasy flavor. But you know, ste have a shotgun, you have like a cross and it shoots like a bunch of green arrows out. And you even have an inventory of items that you can select from to restore health or buff all your weapons or make you invulnerable for a little bit. So Heretic is just a really fun, mild twist on Doom and somebody who's really been enjoying playing those old school shooters, that's great. Hexan is interesting even today. It's just a little bit later, and it has so much of the bones of Heretic in it, but there's kind of a lot.
Speaker 2: More going on. You switch.
Speaker 6: You can choose between three different characters that have access to different weapons here, just like the Fighter, they're doing a lot of melee stuff. The Mage and they have a lot more magic and range things, and the Cleric is sort of in between there. Even the level structure is different. It's not just episodes and levels. There's kind of hub worlds and things like that. The presentations even kicked up a not there's a CG intro to Hexan, right, oh yeah, And they also had some neat stuff in this collection, like all the quality of life stuff. Sure, but like in Hexan, I don't think this is an original game. You can switch between characters a certain kind of podiums in the levels, whereas before you kind of picked one, I think you.
Speaker 2: Were stuck with it.
Speaker 6: The map DK sixty four, like DK sixty.
Speaker 8: Four likes just getting ready, like the in game map will like have like markers on to kind of show you, I guess where you should go, because sometimes it's a little up to use before things like that.
Speaker 6: So I've been just checking out all the old content because there are also some new levels added in here from Night five that then they always do that sort of stuff. I think that's fantastic as well. But yeah, just another great one of these. I've been playing it on my switch to it's a fantastic way to play these were I'm pretty sure both of them were originally not vertical look up and down.
Speaker 2: You can do that in these.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's the Doom one Doom two style of thing, so you don't really need mouse a keyboard to be super efficient in this. So yeah, I actually it feels good. I was I played some Heritic with mouse and keyboard and I was like, this still just feels so good. Honestly, it feels better now Night Dive. Night Dive does great work, and every time they do any thing, I'm just going to be all over that.
Speaker 2: For sure. I know, I know this is but that's the Microsoft, But I think about it as like a night Dive game, and you know Microsoft BDS movement.
Speaker 6: They're complicit in that, of course, but boy, it's like I can't help but be excited about anything Night Dive touches. Yeah, they touched more things. I want to see them get on even more Raven games.
Speaker 2: This is Raven. Raby did so many other good games with Cast and start. Star Trek E. Lead Force is my dream one. I love Star Trek A Lead Force, So I pop off.
Speaker 5: Raven top five Wisconsin based development.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, okay, but yeah, I'm familiar with, like the societal blowback from Doom when that came out, just hearing that after Will while I was growing up, did Harotick and Hexton? Did that have anything like me? Mix?
Speaker 4: The Doom was so much bigger though it was due Doom already had it, and then Columbine and the like media misreporting like blew that stuff out of proportion, specifically for Doom.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, and tast gang.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm going to talk about this earlier when Sean was talking about Vegas, but I've been playing another game as Thankfully it's.
Speaker 2: Just a demo.
Speaker 3: But last time I got really invested in a demo and put like maybe twenty plus hours, it turned out turned into Bolotron.
Speaker 6: Add to my fantasy critic.
Speaker 2: Oh you son of a bitch.
Speaker 5: I've been checking that.
Speaker 2: How can we check it?
Speaker 3: I think the league is done this year because we have two players that can't participate.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 5: Sometimes Metroi's not coming out.
Speaker 3: So but Dice a million. There is a demo for this now, and I think I talked about this very briefly on Game This Mornings. But if there's any game that has pulled stuff from Bollatro, it is this game because it has the warbly background that Blotro has, like the title menu.
Speaker 5: I like Warbly.
Speaker 3: But your general goal is to get to a certain amount in a certain number of dice rolls. So let's say you have to get to the number forty given and you're using five dice and you have three rolls to get there, and of course, in Bolotro fashion, you're as you go through each round, you're picking up new different kinds of dice, so maybe it looks like a D twenty, it looks like a D six or whatever type of dice, And then it gets really really funky from there because like, hey, this dice, if you roll it one way, it's just two dice stuck together, and then it adds up the value. So if it lands on like a two to three, it's actually a twenty three instead of like, uh.
Speaker 2: Okay or whatever.
Speaker 3: That sounds fine, I like that, And it quickly starts ramping up in like the these zaniness, and you know how like in a bullet hell shooter or a schmup, you get to that point near the end where it just like it's just numbers and it just sprites everywhere. Late game in Dice a million from the demo, of course, still limited, it got to a point where it was just numbers, like jumping up at me at the end of my roles. The thing in that kind of replaces the joker mechanic in bolotro is you have these different rings and these rings will do similar stuff as like jokers do in bolotro where okay, this is a multiply multiplier or even numbers, get bonuses or whatever. Dice a million, very very lovely demo because you can fucking lose yourself in it. Like I have no release day just yet, but plan for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: I am interested in everything you're saying. And as you were describing this, I realized, like, wait a minute. I've talked so much about how I don't like dice in video games and I get angry as soon as I see a dice show up. But I just realized I don't like it, and like a Balder's gate or something where it's like, these are dudes fighting with swords, why would dice show up? But I like it in like a Mario party board game thing or a casino theme thing. So I think I only like it, and it's diegetic dice agetic bastard. What the fuck's wrong with you?
Speaker 5: Die is the plural grab?
Speaker 2: It worked?
Speaker 7: Oh okay, god die is singular dice plural christ.
Speaker 2: Jam, but it annoys me so much. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: No, I like it when dice should be there. It should be there, and gambling it should.
Speaker 2: Be there in a board game medieval war? Yeah? Yeah, no?
Speaker 6: How long ago did you think of that joke? It felt like five minutes.
Speaker 3: Halfway through, Jane describe, I saw the lights clicking, the wheels were turling.
Speaker 2: These dice are messed up. Man, there's like a giraffe die, Like how does that?
Speaker 3: I saw a peanut? Yeah, there's I haven't gotten to all like the funky ones. But god, what's the uh jack? You get a jack as like you like.
Speaker 2: The jacks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and oh it you go through like a tree kind of like a slave the spire of like oh, do I go do this next round of rolling for dice or do I go for like an artifact? And an artifact is like a you know, uh you can get another bonus card or another ring for.
Speaker 2: Your fingies, all right, did you mention that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The rings are kind of like your jokers in Blatro. They just like the different die or like how the dice add up to each other. God, this is gonna be terrible for me. Yeah, this is a good look like, yeah, it looks slick. It would be really cool on mobile if you just shake your phone to throw dice.
Speaker 2: Of course there you go, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: My my biggest complaint about blatro on you can keep going mikey, Uh the biggest complaint for Blatro on phones is I wish they did have like a vertical mode versus just always playing in.
Speaker 5: Horror added, right, what I could see that being added.
Speaker 2: I could see them doing that. Yeah, yeah, uh, all right. He doesn't make the game, he just promotes it. I call guy Jeff Grubb.
Speaker 3: You did a stream of this game last week and you didn't get to any of the actual criming around because you played Mafia the Old Country and it looked like you were just dig You were in a mine or a cave the whole time.
Speaker 2: It's a Minecraft.
Speaker 3: Like Yeah, I'm sorry, Mike.
Speaker 1: Uh it is.
Speaker 2: I think I played like the first ninety minutes or something, maybe even like I got around like two hours, and yeah, it was all set up. You start off in your working in a in a mine and you're very low on the totem pole in this mining operation, and so they tell you to go in there even though it's obviously going to collapse and like release gas, and it does that and you escape and then you get in a fight with the big mean BA tries to get you to work in the dangerous cave and you slice them in the face and then you run away, they find you, and then a mafia family takes you in and then you start at the bottom. And that's where I kind of stopped the game, where like I'm beginning my ascent in the ranks of this mafia cartel. The first thing I was doing there was going into a wine cellar, getting crates of wine and putting on a truck. And it feels like one of those games where it's like we are going to just be like trying to set the tone through small little gameplay touches throughout. There was a lot of that stuff in the cave segment and then it becomes a big action game. But it's never an open world action game. It is always we have set up an obstacle chorus for you with that's gonna have a lot of fun mafia stuff happening off to the side. There's gonna be you know, goons with with their guns chasing you and you just got to have to try to just outrun them. And it's all working for me. I thought it was completely fine. Now it's not a game that I was I ever had high expectations for because I knew what it was and then it was like I also has a reduced scope compared to the previous Mafia games. That is helping being able to set those expectations low and being like, this is not going to try to do a bunch of stuff. It's not going to be good at it's just going to stick to telling the story, having like, you know, it's interesting cast of characters, be in a pretty decent looking game.
Speaker 6: I think it looks really nice. A lot a lot of that is the tech, but most of it is the art style. And then all right, we're just going to let you go through that story. And I think that's probably the right choice for a game like this.
Speaker 2: Does that work? Does that?
Speaker 6: Do players want that beyond? You know? At all?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I was pretty happy with it. I think this is a good direction for this series. I don't know they're gonna be able to support it for future games, but for this one, I'm like, yeah, this is he said. I'm not like, I don't know, I don't even know if I would like recommend it to any of you. It's like, you know, you know, if you're in the mood for this or not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess I'm most surprised to hear that you're liking because what you're describing almost sounds like Read Their Redemption.
Speaker 2: Two, but only the story mission. No, So it's it is like the Order eighteen eighty. You not like horses? Me, Yeah, I love Read Their Redemption two. No no, no, not you grosses now, I know. I mean I don't trust them. There their legs.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 2: I love a talking horse because I can reason with it. Now, yeah, I know. I think it's it's not like Red red Redemption Too at all, because Red Renemption two promises the world right, and then it's like sometimes it's like, no, you can't do that. This is like from the beginning, it's like, no, we're setting up the boundaries. We're not ever going to suggest to you that you have the ability to like take control and go do whatever you want. And it's not like, oh, i can go off the beaten path here and I'm going to fail the mission because there's no reason to want to do that. Where that does exist in Red Ded Reredomtion too, where I'm like I'm gonna try this, and the games like we're not happy with you. So it's like by having the understood boundaries between me and the game, I can just mess around with what's in front of me, and then what's in front of me is you know, decent to good, and then it looks nice. It's it's hard to explain, like like like, like I said, I think it's the expectation. Well, you're not expecting.
Speaker 6: Tons of this game, and they're delivering on what they said they would.
Speaker 7: Do before release. You were saying that you expect it to be like an uncharted game. Is that like, at least in terms of scope. Is that kind of like while we're looking at here.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I'm like the original Charted games. Yes, yeah, yeah, like before trying to be a PS three game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, before flour you know, added a more open area and everything, but just sort of the classic action adventurous style. You go through what is essentially a level. It's a little more narrow than games are nowadays, but it's like you have the cinemac moments and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yes, I think that's it does. Like we commented this several times. Chat said this as well. When I was playing, it feels like a PS three game, and I think it's specifically those kinds of games. And yeah, just good set pieces can go a long way if that's the kind of kind of game you're trying to make. And I think they're decent here, Like it's not it's not like an awesome eight out of ten. It's like a pretty good seven out of ten. We need those. Yeah, I'm very happy with that now, Grub.
Speaker 3: As far as I have been able to gleam from from watching you play through that, you're just a normal dude.
Speaker 6: Right, I'm not yet not a super human.
Speaker 2: That's not normal. I understand.
Speaker 3: I understand how being an Italian staling gives you like a plus five to strength. Of course, why do you have Italian vision?
Speaker 6: Well you can smell about the Italian vision.
Speaker 2: A secret. Yeah, you can smell the olive oil waves in the air. Oh no, yeah, it's it's just you know, it comes with these games now. It's like pre baked in there.
Speaker 6: That's just how it goes.
Speaker 2: I I.
Speaker 3: Video game developers. Unless your main character is like Batman and you have technology, stop this Bond vision, Bond hit Man vision. Hit he's a trained hitman. Yeah, okay, you're running the mill, dude, what's he gonna do? Like I can't stand here now, just like think really hard and like, oh, there's someone on the second floor of this building.
Speaker 2: I can't get it. I kind of can hear something.
Speaker 6: I feel like I can hear people upstairs like move and like know what room they're in right, Like that is a little bit like.
Speaker 2: The vision vision.
Speaker 6: I might be damaged. I'm like, oh, they're gonna break.
Speaker 2: That's mental illness. It's neuro divergency.
Speaker 3: That's mental illness. Uh, folks. The last game of the what You've been playing segment is a game that we'll talk about in the news, I believe, because it's been blowing up, and not just the buildings, but in the player account. Mike Manatti, you wrote this here by I think everyone here has gotten a chance to dip into Battlefield six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that mountain in the middle of that stage where all the snipers go now, and it just becomes impossible play, impossible play. It was fun when I like I figured it out and I'm like, okay, I'm just gonna go ruin their day. And I just ran in there over and.
Speaker 7: Over and killed because they got no hiding spots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the move actually, clearly, it's just like we got to play it more and figure out the obvious.
Speaker 6: That's why, you know, I think everybody pits Battlefield and Call of Duty against each other, but boy, those are very different kind of games that you need to be playing.
Speaker 2: Although you know, I do get why people are saying this one feels a little bit more like call of duty. In some other battlefields, the time to kill is very call of duty.
Speaker 6: Like I, yeah, I guess, but I feel like I was getting pretty good at call of Duty from playing Black Op six last year, and I liked Battlefield very early on. I played a lot of Battlefield nineteen forty two in Battlefield Vietnam, and then kind of checked out. I didn't even play that much of three and four, but I've been creating Battlefield a bit, so I was excited to play this, and I was enjoying that. Like, yeah, I'm glad that this is basically just battlefield something too crazy. I am really bad at it. It should be called the battlefield because I'm so god awful at its.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what it is, like dia Jenic's not so bad. Now, I'll give me a second, Dan, I'll come up with something more.
Speaker 6: I don't know why I'm so bad, because, like you know, Amy and shooting things I did other games.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I just can't.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty rough at it, but still just aside from my skill issue, Yeah, I think they have something here. The game looks really good. It seems to run pretty well, even in this beta format. I do like these maps, you know, something flashy, but they generally seem to make sense. I haven't been able to like get in an airplane, even piloting tanks. I'm usually like the second guy in the tanks. I'm just using that kind of gun thing whatever. But yeah, it seems like they made a really good one of those, and people are responding to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of like right there with you where I played a lot of nineteen forty three when it came on Xbox.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, when I played Yeah to the Island, right, yeah, ye Wake Island.
Speaker 2: Ton of that. That was a good time. And then I played some three and some four but not much, and it really my battlefield experiences. I kind of try to play it like Call of Duty because I played a lot of Call of Duty, so I'd kind of run right at the action, get the idea of like, oh I'm going to be able to flank this and do something here, and just get demolished over and over again, and then eventually I'll sit on the ah right, let's start some of these mid range skirmishes and see if I can figure that out. And once I get on its wavelength, it's a little bit better and it's a good time. I like the Battlefield games. This one it's just like everything else is hitting really well that I kind of want to get on that learning curve and relearn Battlefield once again because it just feels good to play and it looks fantastic, you know, It's it is still that game like it. If you're going to run in there and try to be an a hole and lone wolf it, you're going to get hurt. So okay, I got to not play that way, and I'm okay to not play that way again because it's working so well on all the other factors.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm kind of on the opposite side of things from you guys where I got into Battlefield. With Battlefield too, my stepbrother was really big into it, and when we've first getting to know each other, we played that a lot, and I played that and then three and four were when I was like in college, like laid high school and college, so I got really into those games for a while there, and I so I do really like the modern like modern day sort of battlefield rare than the World War one or two stuff that you know, they also went back to for a while there, and so playing this one, it's like, yeah, I'm back, Like we're back into what battlefield as I know it is, I think where the Heidle series for a lot of.
Speaker 2: People will be.
Speaker 7: It's kind of weird to think that this is kind of just more of that we haven't had it in a while, but the continuations kind of the uh, like we call it duty the modern Warfare twenty nineteen thing, where oh yeah, this is just like the best version of this that they've done in a while, And it's weird to think that, Wow, it's been like twelve years since we've done that. It's also weird thing that they have kind of just you know, we were like, where's battlefield gone? They have put out a game roughly every three years since then, which is what most companies are going to do. Uh, but yeah, it's fun to be back into that style of battlefield, not going way back to World War one or two, not try to do near future stuff with twenty forty two. It is just the more traditional battlefield experience. Maybe some call duty isms in there, like you said, with the time to kill and everything. But yeah, I didn't play much more than what we played on stream the r day, but I had a blast with that and then a few matches I played after that. It's just fun to be back playing battlefield again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I normally get super overwhelmed anytime I've checked out a battlefield, so I've generally bounced off of them and the only but I've been having an actually good time at this one.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's because, like I've never really caught Call of Duty has never really clicked with me, and I really enjoyed gosh, the finals from a couple of years ago. Right, yeah, so very similar DNA here U battlefield people.
Speaker 2: Worked on that Battlefield six.
Speaker 3: Why don't you just give me a grappling hook and like an air dash. Just do that and then I'll fucking like it's on the for that. Okay, Okay, but yeah, this is this has been Have you all had any like trouble connecting since like the beta like became open or whatever. I know we had some like initial like funky business on top of that screen.
Speaker 6: These cross play things want up, but now no things are going bro. So there was some weirdness with people joining my party in a game and then like not being put into the game with me. I happened with Jeff and Christian when I was playing, So I don't know, maybe just a just a thing there, but it was running well.
Speaker 3: All right, Gang, that about does it for video games. We're going to take another quick breaking break and then we will get to the news. But before we get to the news and take a quick breaking break, yo, I I uh, I've been keeping this under raps.
Speaker 2: Gang.
Speaker 3: I haven't been talking about this a lot, but like I've been, I've been really deep into the Magic the Gathering minds, and I'm in that phase of phase of like learning and playing where like I'm still a little too shy to play with actual shoot people. So I've been kind of like slowly grinding my way through a re.
Speaker 2: Hot.
Speaker 3: Dang, they're showing off the Avatar the Last Airbender cards, and that's my main motivation for getting into Magic the Gathering, Yo.
Speaker 2: That so is in card. Gonna do numbers, Gang, and we'll talk about that eventually. Did you did you see how much money the Final Fantasy thing made the for Metric Gathering in like a week or whatever.
Speaker 6: Two hundred million dollars. Oh yeah, Yeah, they're gonna be doing a lot more of these, and like, oh yeah, it's kind of the fortnitifacation of everything. But you know it's like and I I always like shake disapproving at it at too. It's a franchise. I like, like Final Fantasy, and I'm like it was one day. Two hundred million dollars in one day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get money off of Final Fantasy.
Speaker 3: But Square Enix, Yeah, they should figure that out. Final Fantasy had their own TCG and it feels like that disappeared.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I almost gonna play more Fumes and I'll talk about that next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh Fumes Gang. We're gonna take quick breaking break. We'll see. On the other side, this is Jeff Crobb with the news. Grubb, Hey, howdy, Hello, got some headlines here for everybody. Let's get into the news. Microsoft has stopped development on Avalanche Studios contraband another game that they've canceled. This is one that we didn't see much of. They showed it off four years ago at a summer game Fest like one of their summer showcases. It just had a teaser trailer Avalanche Studio that did Just Cause and they are now canceling that game as well. This comes in the way of them canceling Perfect Dark as well as being part of the nine thousand people layoff at all of Microsoft. Not all those Rexbox, but a lot were. And that's on top of the many layoffs that have happened over the years, tens of thousands.
Speaker 6: You know, we said it earlier.
Speaker 2: Once again, Microsoft under a BDS Movement boycott for, as they say here, perhaps being the most complicit tech company in Israel's illegal occupation Aparthdy regime and ongoing genocide. Uh and Xbox specifically is the target of that boycott. Yeah, Contraband's game. I was interested because the trailer had a steely dance song in it, and that's say it was gonna be something like a heist game.
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 2: Was it Peg? It might have been Peg? Oh yeah, I can't I can't remember.
Speaker 6: It was a while ago. Yeah, you know, Pegging.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it is a Contraband. I did anyone have any like hopes or dreams for this game?
Speaker 6: I like just Cause games, So you know, just the idea of like just Cause kind of on a different name, maybe with co op in it, maybe doing some of that height stuff from GTA five or a payday.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I guess I just had faith in the developer.
Speaker 6: Right yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did we really know what this was or kind of just buzzwords at this point. I think we had buzzwords. Yeah, I think you're right. We never saw anything else from it, not a single second. I never talked about it.
Speaker 3: I kept getting sorry, go ahead, je oh, I kept getting this game confused with uh condemned, and I was excited we were making another condemn we condemned back?
Speaker 7: Yeah, cool, mixed up with Concord at the end there, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah. I had to make a headline for uh the Game of Show. I was like, Concord canceled. That turns out, yeah it was.
Speaker 3: Now that's a market of video game podcast just reporting on the news like a year and a half too late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they're good. Yeah, it's a it's a shame. Uh. Microsoft seems bad. It seems bad right now. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 6: Not interested in making games.
Speaker 2: And I mentioned this elsewhere when we talked about this before. You get the sense that like a lot of studios that they were once going to work with are gonna like publish their project externally. Kind of got burned by Microsoft over the last several years. But that like really culminated during these last layoffs, where that sounds like they just canceled a ton of projects. So the cancelations go deeper than just the ones we heard of about from Xbox publishing themselves. But this is this is one of the one of the bigger ones, even though again it just was.
Speaker 6: Just buzzwords as far as we could tell.
Speaker 3: Then why did they buy all those studios?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Avalanche is not one that they bought, but yes, they like they did buy a bunch of studios. It doesn't seem like for any good reason now, Jan at this point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it feels like there's a lot of like internal I'm trying to think the right word, but like conflict kind of like a water and oil thing happening here where there's people who want to make the cool stuff. But then there's still the fact that it's Microsoft, which from always, always, for history has been one of the most cutthroat companies on the planet. You know, that's why we're all running Windows. It's not because we want to, because they like paid to have deals with companies. Right became the de facto work operating system. So now that's what people put on their work laptops and now just on their home computers and stuff. It's how they do everything. And it felt like Xbox in the early days. Like you hear people talk about it. It doesn't sound too different from like PlayStation of like this, you know, sort of scrappy, upstart team within this like you know, gigantic, bloodthirsty corporation, but like a team that really want to do something cool. And as they become more and more Microsoft, that's how we see more and more things happen, like mass layoffs and like buying a bunch of studios and doing nothing effective with them, and then all these games getting canceled. Not to mention everything else that Microsoft does as a company, it just feels like the Microsoft of it all is just like slowly killing what Xbox is or could have been.
Speaker 2: At this point, I think that's exactly it. And like, I bet the Mike keeps recommending these books. Now I'm reading one about the history of electricity, and it's like all these early companies that were like Westinghouse and and you know ge all these companies that were everywhere. Semens it's like some of them were able to like take their their early wins and turn that into perpetual wins where they are still around today. Semens is still like the company that to this day that's like making uh mono rails and stuff.
Speaker 6: Yes, Semens, everybody what they were a sponsor for Spaceship Earth at one point. See they're they're cleaning up for Disney, They're cleaning up for the Giant bomb cast.
Speaker 2: Semens. Anyway, the Microsoft is like I think looks at the history of corporations, it's like, if we want to be relevant, we have to be cutthroat to ourselves and like kind of like lop off anything that's not working or really reduce it. And we know that we got to like position ourselves to be behind the next thing. And we know the next thing is AI and they're in the middle of that right now. And whether it is or isn't, whether it can be the thing that makes the money in the future, it very well could turn out to be the case, but it will be because if they are able to capture that, it will be because they gave up on several other things that were working just fine, but they weren't working as well as AI maybe might for them one day. It's frustrating to see. All right, let's keep going here. Former Buy where executive producer says EA pitched multiple times to remaster the first three Dragon Age games. Mark Dara was on Mister Maddy Play's podcast or in a video kind of just did an interview with them and they talked about a bunch of stuff. One of the tidbits that came out of there, though, is several times Bywear was like, we would do this, and EA had a couple of reasons why they didn't want it. I think the biggest reason it's like, you know, mass effect was more important. They did that first, and it's like, well, maybe look at the dragon Aage one day. But also dragon Age is not all just one engine like the third games on Frostbite. Can't remember what the engine was called before that, but it was a different engine. None of them are on Unreal where it's like for mass effect, they were all on Unreal, and Mark Dara pointed out, like when you do when that happens, first of all, you can make improvements to one game, and a lot of them will carry over. But also you can work with outsource companies because they all know unreal and so you could just contract someone to do most of the work, which is what they did with Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Also, the stories are not like linear, that's not like a Mass Effect where one is a direct sequel to the one before it. So they just feel like the juice isn't quite there. Now. Dragon Age fans are crazy. They probably will get around to doing this one day, very long time from now, but it's like, you know, dragon Age is at a low point, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Mean I don't know why he didn't at least just do it with dragon Age origins one, but yeah, right. It is weird though, because they don't even really like to remaster games that much in general. Legendary that Legendary addition is a bit of an outlier for that. I think that a couple of remix like Dead Space and even then there wasn't that much use there. But there's all sorts of games that they could be remastering that you know, our beloved, like you know, Burnout, and people bring up a bad company all the time, right, like, oh, we want bad Company. They're not going to remaster an old battlefield game?
Speaker 2: Are you crazy?
Speaker 6: So yeah, it seems like a misopportunity, especially because Dragon Age four could have used a little bit juice going into their think. Just counting on people still caring about that franchise as much as they did when Inquisition came out was a pretty big ask, So something some kind of again that was be the whole trilogy. Doing something with Dragon Age one in that meantime could have helped.
Speaker 2: And again, the Master.
Speaker 6: Effect question was a huge hit that did very well.
Speaker 2: Yep, very and it's you know, and people could still play that now get it for like five bucks.
Speaker 6: At any moment. It's gonna sell for forever.
Speaker 2: Okay. Night Dive and ID Software have released definitive remasters of first person classics Hairtic and Hexson. We talked about those games, so we don't have to go on too much. But they did shadow drop it for fifteen dollars. It's on Xbox and PC. I think it's on switch. I'm playing it on switches right there? Yeah, right, so that now so freaking cool? Yeah, oh yeah, that it was cool.
Speaker 6: I love yeah, we we love you.
Speaker 2: Night dive and they they did tease that at when we had them on our show, We're gonna have something at Quake Quake Con, and that was it. I can't wait to see what they do next, like you know, next year's Quake Con, while they have something else, like could they do some of the like later Wolfenstein games. Even even that would be return to Castle Wolf and you know Wolfen's signed three D. It doesn't actually have a great remeister. I think, oh yeah, yeah Wolfstein.
Speaker 6: Yeah that'd be great.
Speaker 2: Okay, new Hell Divers to Xbox trailer. Xbox trailer seemingly teases a Halo crossover. Uh they played the saxophone part from Halo ods T in the trailer. Do you guys think that means we get some like some skins that are Halo crossovers for this game.
Speaker 3: Sure, that would make a lot of sign I think it makes a lot of sense. Yeah, I feel like the Spartans are dumb and they would fit in well with Hell Divers.
Speaker 6: Now, wait, in a second, odst there were Spartans. Well I'm general, I'm stupid, but those characters are also dummy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they said Philly was in that man.
Speaker 3: For sure, they are the odst Crew or the Himbos.
Speaker 2: They're definitely somewhere in between. Yeah, I think the pavilion is always playing Himbos, right, that's kind of his that's stick.
Speaker 6: Pokemon.
Speaker 2: McDonald's promo ends early in Japan due to extreme demand and wasted food. Sure this sounds like the McDonald's away. Yes, they were taking the cards out and there was like like giant piles of McDonald's in.
Speaker 5: The corner of I'm gonna make stand against this. This is unacceptable.
Speaker 3: It was very upsetting because they were just happy meals around garbage cans, and garbage cans, as people know, very hard to come by in Japan.
Speaker 2: Right, all those.
Speaker 6: Friends, I thought they were well behaved in Japan, Like we handled Beanie babies better than this beanies.
Speaker 3: We were mildly respectful about Sean, like you're more up to date on the Pokemon TCG right now, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What what collection or like was this a McDonald's specific one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Every time that they basically do it every year at this point, there's just a set of McDonald's stamped cards that they do with the happy meals, and it's not like actual fans doing this. I want to make this very clear. It's the scalpers. Yeah, because they think they can turn all yeah. Yeah, it's because they think they can turn a buck because there's like artificial demand for It's the same thing that's going out with used video games of someone thinking that they, in case Super Mario sixty four, it's worth a million dollars. It's fucking not. Everyone has Mario sixty four. Don't be stupid. But that's going on here is that the scalpers come in, they buy up all this stuff. They're incredibly disrespectful to wherever they may be while they're doing this. That's how we get stuff like, yeah, people wasting food because they wanted to get the Pikachu.
Speaker 6: Part or whatever.
Speaker 2: It sucks. I like this comment from sad Bastard Pochey Club. I feel like this is one of those things that would have made God destroy a city in the Bible. Yeah. Yeah, Gomorra has happening.
Speaker 7: I'll say, at least, like you know, I've heard that in the US, some people were like, if you're McDonald's, didn't let you just buy the toy individually, which I've found a lot of them just do that. Now they would at least like give the happy meals to like homeless shelters and stuff. I'm like, okay, well, if you're gonna be weird about this whole collection thing, at least that's a.
Speaker 2: Better way to go about it.
Speaker 6: The thing was gonna last for three days. They ended it after one day.
Speaker 2: So it's like that sauce from a Rick and Morty. It's another McDonald's sauce.
Speaker 5: I protested that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty good sauce. Uh, okay, we're gonna keep going here. Weapons directors. Who is apparently just the guy from Whitest Kids. You know you didn't know this girl had? Yeah, yeah, yeah, So there's him, and there's the guy from Nirvana, the band the show. Yeah yeah. Eric Wareham is a great director. Apparently this is the move now is you go direct sketch shows for a while and it gets ready for it. I haven't seen either of his movies, Barbarian. I did watch it's on YouTube. Their first movie. His first movie was The Whitest Kids, you know, spin off the Civil War on drugs, and that movie is like a modern Monty Python. It's so funny.
Speaker 6: So I'm going to watch that.
Speaker 2: Then I'll be ready for Barbarian which I'm sure it is very similar in tone.
Speaker 4: Grub Mary gave me the hard cell on Barbarian, saying that like, don't look up a single thing about it, like do you know anything about it?
Speaker 6: No, I heard the same spiel.
Speaker 2: This is where I learned last night I was listening to your Guys show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okain, I was very very thankful.
Speaker 2: That is it not about Barbarians.
Speaker 5: I would suggest you both just watched that.
Speaker 3: Watch like it. Mikey, you may not like it, knowing your tastes.
Speaker 2: Why does kids?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 6: It's so good?
Speaker 2: So I love all of those those comedians and Trevor died. But getting in a chance to keep up with this guy, I'm like, yeah, I'm gonna do it. I will watch Barbarian and I'll report back said that I will not like it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He directed Weapons and now his next movie is the untitled Resident Evil movie, and they're not going to use existing characters because people can quote can play the games for those stories. Okay, I kind of get I'm good with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure, I don't know. It's like I get that, but it's also like, I don't know if I'm saying the Resident Evil movie. I think I want to see a Joe Valentine or you know, he may be a Chris Redfield, like even one of the smaller characters like gave me have a Rebecca Chambers.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I like it when those characters like show up in the plot, but they are not the main characters. Like the story follows a different story that's happening at the same time as like Raccoon City events or something like that, So nothing else. Everyone's gonna just compare it to Resident.
Speaker 2: Evil one or two or whatever you're making an adaptation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, remember the OC we got well first off in the other Middle El movies, but also in Mortal Kombat.
Speaker 2: Right, I was just thinking of the same thing. I didn't really didn't like that. Yeah, it's funny the Mortal Kombat two trailer, which which I saw him front something.
Speaker 6: It's like that I did not that guy might have been that trailer. They sure weren't talking about my background. That's a Johnny Cage move. Yeah, you know what, it's better, And I think I think a lot of people are gonna applaud this decision that we're gonna see this movie and maybe like, oh just said that OC.
Speaker 2: It was Leon Kennedy, I don't know. Yeah, I think there's a way to pull it off. But Mike, I think you're probably right. I think that this is gonna be a thing where, uh, you know, it's that was an okay movie, but it didn't feel like a Resident Evil movie or I didn't get a chance to spend time with those characters I really like, which can go a long way. But we'll see.
Speaker 6: I bet, I say Christians people like you know, it's because these are zombie movies, not character based things as much as more comp I think.
Speaker 2: There's a difference. I don't know if I agree.
Speaker 6: I think Resident Evil A large part of that is I liked those characters a lot, and.
Speaker 4: I kind of get but you can even like Seven was like not even really like imagine seven everyone seemed to love and that doesn't really have anyone outside of a cameo or so, you know, it's a your original set of characters.
Speaker 7: Also like a fighting game movie where fighting games are just the characters yea combat, you know, like there's Laura in everything that they have like established over the years, but those keys are just about the characters. So that's what we're in the middle.
Speaker 2: But like I get somewhere in the middle, like like both of these things can be true where it's like, yes, the Residevil games are capable of introducing new characters, and if it feels like that, if it feels like a succession to just like the storytelling, then that would be good.
Speaker 6: But I think that at the same time, I missed it.
Speaker 4: I think the problem from a real quick comment from samo Nis in the chat, Mike has seen like two non animated movies every movies, I don't see very many.
Speaker 2: Does live action now come on, guys?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, though just about rising seven to eight? Though, yeah, you're right, those are great. But like, what's everybody's usually least favorite part about it? It's Ethan Winter's right, it is that main character.
Speaker 7: But like, I think the problem here is that so often, like with Resident Evil itself, they haven't pulled off doing their own things. So people just look at that and say, oh, well that's bad, because it's bad.
Speaker 2: Are the time to do it?
Speaker 7: What if the movies just didn't suck? What they just made a good movie?
Speaker 2: There were like seven or whatever The Evil and already a reboot that happened.
Speaker 3: No, you know I love those good No, No, Danny, you first, please, we love those characters obviously, but they work in a video game, like they're not exactly like masterpieces of writing or story, and and they've done some of the like fan service, like I me and Tim Terry watched one of the recent resumes very much like a fan service, you like, remember when this happened in the games, and like it sucked, you know, like I find with to make a real movie, you know. Yeah, I was going to talk about that movie. It's a twenty twenty one Resident Evil Welcome to Raccoon City. Yeah, oh yeah, That's one of the only movies I've ever walked out of such dog shit. It was just so bad and so so trying so hard to do what you said, Dan of like, hey, this is from the games, you know what this is, right, It's like no original idea at all, and just felt like they were trying to hampst every single thread from like one and two into the movie.
Speaker 5: It's why I don't need a Metal movie.
Speaker 4: I don't need now, Yeah, huge metal fan, I don't need Oscar Isaac looking at the camera and saying, oh kept you waiting, hut, Like I don't need that, you know, I've got the games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this new game should try our new movies should try to do things where it's like, well, we'll start with a familiar character, but we'll kill him early and should be Chris Redfield and he tries to punch a boulder.
Speaker 6: And it just runs him over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll say it sounds like this.
Speaker 6: Uh, this director's made good movies.
Speaker 3: I bet that there will. Probably I trust this guy more so than the last direct.
Speaker 2: He was also the whitest kid you know, So there you go, all right. Nintendo Indie World Showcase happened last week. UFO fifties out on Switch Now a bunch of other stuff worth calling out. Mina The dwell or me know, the Hollower. Dweller is a different game, that's well, Dweller, is this seat taken? Little Kiddy? Big Cities getting a free update? Ultimate Sheep Raccoon, Oh right, yeah, so much one. Yes, the Hurdling game, Yes, hurt Hurdling. Yeah, Ballpit and Go Go Town, which just looks like a straight up animal cross. So it was number the kind of creepy looking stard you like, I think, so yes, yeah, yes, yeah that's the one that yeah, you probably popped for that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought that one looked the neat Yeah, you know, playing interesting games here.
Speaker 2: I think if you were, if you were, if.
Speaker 6: You thought this is where we were going to get soak song, you're probably you're horribly mistaken.
Speaker 2: For sure, I thought it was a good little showcase. Yep, I definitely. I thought they did a pretty good job. And I have meant to go back to UFO fifty. You may be able to do it on the switch.
Speaker 4: I downloaded on the switch and I started it again, and it's like, oh, yep, this will be a nice thing to have on the switch on the go.
Speaker 6: Excellent.
Speaker 2: Nintendo announces My Mario, a range of products for young children, including Ambo building blocks. Nintendo has unveiled My Marios. It is for very young kids, toddlers and maybe even younger. It's launching in Japan this month on the twenty sixth, with a select few items going internationally next year. The collection includes a Super Mario woodblock set with characters of blocks like Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi. They all also function as amba, so it's like start when you're young, get them, and then you have them when you start playing games, and you can slap on your games do you think of being like bespoke stuff. I guess there is also the it's me Mario, not even it's me, It's me Mario, like uh, stop motion animation stuff, and then a Helo Mario game where you can kind of poking product Mario's face, and that's gonna be on the switch as well as on mobile. Maybe the Ambo blocks do something on there. I don't. I don't know, but I think this is neat but also a very transparent get them while they're young tactic faces? Dan, are you upset about it?
Speaker 5: Was like a weird yawn, but I was trying not to make it seem like I was yawning.
Speaker 2: Attention to it. You don't know, kids, come on, it's okay, Mario.
Speaker 5: I like the idea of monetizing the kids early.
Speaker 2: Oh that's why we got to get our plus she's going right, yeah, extract.
Speaker 6: Value from the children.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 7: Well you say something bespoke, do you mean like a game in this line? Is that what you're looking for?
Speaker 2: Just a game that like recognizes that you are putting the building block Ambo on there. It's like, oh, that's the building block Ambo, and we're acknowledging that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mario Maker for kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, actually I would. I'll give my kids. That'd be fantastic. Last couple of stories here, Sony CFO says it's live service shift is not entirely going smoothly. I think I could be a CFO then so too. Yeah, as we could have told you that. They also pledged to carry on and learn from mistakes. They pointed out they have had successes despite you know, problems like Ben Studios game getting canceled, Bluepoint Games apparently God of War Live service game getting canceled, Concord launching and then getting canceled, the Destiny or Not Destiny to a marathon getting delayed till next year. But despite all that, they point to stuff like Grant Toresmos seven MLB, the show helldivers To, and Destiny To as successes. And the fact that apparently now live service spending from their first party game accounts for something like forty percent of the money they make. Most that's got to be destiny.
Speaker 7: Now, hang on, because three of those four things just existed before this big push.
Speaker 2: You can't take credit for that, no, right, That's why it's the CFO saying and be like, look, I don't know where the money comes from. That the money's coming from, so where it comes from, well, I mean she doesn't know like the fact that like, are they responsible for generating the value in the first place? No, but are they getting that money now? Yes.
Speaker 7: That's the reason that they would do a health divers is. Basically, what they're pulling towards is like, hey, live service is where a lot of our money comes from.
Speaker 2: Let's lean into that. They're trying to justify it. Yep, So they're gonna keep doing this stuff, and uh yeah, I guess maybe it's like a hard to turn a ship around sort of situation where they have continued funding their first party traditional style games at the same rate that they had been so we can kind of just keep expecting that, And maybe they're not ready to be like, okay, we're going completely back in that direction because that's expensive to like start up a new studio or to take a naughty dog and be like hey, spin up a new team. You can't just do that overnight. So I think this is then being like, look, let's just try to stick it out with Live Service. Maybe we had a couple of strikes in a row, but it's fun because fair Games is coming soon. Fair Games also a problem Jade Raymond has left the studio responsible for that company. So yeah, I think I go back to my default stance on live service games, which is no one ever learns from mistakes, and you have to go through it yourself. That's the only mistake you ever learned from is that the team did it themselves, and now they know not to do that anymore.
Speaker 6: They found out the stove is hot, So yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, Marathon is still coming this fiscal year, though got delayed till next year. It's still going to come out before March, according to that CFO, So yeah, not a ton of time to like change up what that game is so expected to still be the extraction shooter they always promised to be, which they never said they were going to change, but I think I had hopes that they would try to do something more. An extra six months probably isn't enough time to do that. Some enough time to erase all of the art you stole. Maybe maybe, Yeah, it's just gonna be one of the most interesting games to watch, because what happens if it's not a hit and it just like you know, you don't discount it entirely. Yet it's not like a fair Games thing where I'm going to be shocked if that thing's.
Speaker 6: Lance Marathon still has a shot. But boy, there seems like there is very much a world where this doesn't find an audience at all.
Speaker 2: And then what yep, all right? That is going to do it for the news other than you should go to Enormous Explosive dot com. If you have a premium membership, you can partake in our beta for the new website. What we want you to do is go to that website, start using it, and then when you go, when you say to yourself, man, I wish it did this, I wish it had that. There is a suggestion box going there and say exactly that, like any little thought, you can overload Chuck's inbox with messages like that because we want to get this sea he's bagging for. We want to the site to be as the best it can when it officially launches. Whenever that may be anything else we should mention on that front.
Speaker 3: Jan No, if you're having troubles connecting to the beta, but there there may be ways to get into contact with Chuck to help get that thing going. But yeah, yeah, use it. We're trying to use it more.
Speaker 5: Also, I'm in now and it's real good.
Speaker 4: I like highlighting these video thumbnails and that fun little box goes over them. I like the ticker and the bomb twelve.
Speaker 5: This is this is good stuff.
Speaker 6: I liked when Chuck asked for help finding another accent color besides just the the you know, the the white and the black and the yellow that we use. And as always I just default to pick a color from the GameCube controller.
Speaker 2: These do purpose. Maybe maybe this, uh was this indigo?
Speaker 6: Is this indigo?
Speaker 2: Purple? This?
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is their end to goo. All the GameCube colors are just so freaking good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so nice.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, jam We're gonna give Mike some alone time with a GameCube controller and we will be back with emails in super chats right after this.
Speaker 2: Ma's good. These are the emails or the show hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Bombcastagiant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails to write in about any and everything you want to avoid a social interaction by awkwardly looking at your phone. Email us you got a fun quiz, Email us you got some kind words to the show. Email us BombCast Giant Bomb dot com is the email address. First email comes from Andrew in North Carolina. Dan has mentioned several times in the past that Pizza Hut is the number one pizza in America, as if it is common knowledge. Is Dan three point zero ready to accept that this isn't true. It is Domino's by a large margin.
Speaker 2: He can look it up. It's not an opinion, it's fact.
Speaker 4: Yes, m you know, growing up in Kansas City, I've seemed like Pizza Hut was the most you know, visible and heavily marketed and eaten. Like it was the default if you're saying, hey, let's order a pizza. Whether it's my house, of friend's house, or anything, it was always Pizza Hut six four eight eight eight eight.
Speaker 5: That was the number. Like that was the thing.
Speaker 4: Like I don't ever remember getting Dominoes as a kid, even though it was around. It always seemed like a distant number two, like a Arci Cola to Pizza Hut's Coca Cola.
Speaker 2: As I have.
Speaker 4: Gotten older and I've now lived in a lot of different areas, I do find that there is a much bigger prevalence of Dominoes. And I'll say it, I prefer it. I you know I am within a Pizza Hut delivery zone. Now I have not ordered it once. I've had Dominoes twenty times since I've been back.
Speaker 2: So Dominoes is like you shouldn't eat pizza ever day, but it's in everyday pizza. Pizza Hut is like, I'm gonna go get Pizza Hut, Like that is where I put it where I'm like, I have to decide I'm in the mood for pizza. If I do just say pizza and someone's like, well, we're getting Dominoes all it, Yep, makes perfect sense. Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 4: I think Pizza Hut was ahead on the gimmick game in the nineties. I think between the Bigfoot and the Triple Decker and like they still try, but it's like what if the crust was like toes And it's like, what that's weird.
Speaker 2: If I don't care for that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you guys, you know, being just a little bit older, you have more vivid memories of this time period. Help me out here, because this is how I think of it. Pizza Hut deemed to be better back then, and maybe that's just my memory because I.
Speaker 2: Was say if it was better, but it definitely seemed like the most prominent. Yeah, I got my free pizza every month.
Speaker 5: It's the thing where you pretend to read books and you get free.
Speaker 2: Pizza, you know. Yeah, I like Papa John's, Papa Johnson, the farmer owner, shack guy. Yeah, that's actually the great things for pizza or Papa John's, y'all. You'll have round tables where you're at right.
Speaker 5: I've had it before.
Speaker 2: Not the crossest one to me is in Chicago. Never heard of tables.
Speaker 4: I am going to get Jets though, I'm getting I'm getting turbo crust the next week.
Speaker 2: That goes through everybody. Try Jets, get that the eight corner, get the or Hungry hoighways if you have one of those.
Speaker 6: It was basically like a Papa John's, but with a lot of flavored crust options.
Speaker 2: It was a pretty good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hungry I was off there. Also not started in Detroit. I think I'm not about this guy. We had a Romeos for a hot moment here and it was way too sweet the sauce.
Speaker 2: I didn't like romeoce Jah decided we're going to franchise a Jets all right?
Speaker 4: Can we Giant bomb a fast food franchise of some sort that would be great, Okay, I like it.
Speaker 7: Jan Round Table is the one that's only in California. I've always heard about it from yeah, people living in like, uh, I think so.
Speaker 5: And stuffing UPCs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I used to go to SECS a lot in college.
Speaker 4: It was Dollar ninety nine, Pizza Buffet, Mondays, and Lace Kansas until I almost puked every day.
Speaker 6: I definitely told you all that I got kicked out of the cecis right. We but we knew, but just why looking at you whipped it out right? That's why this thes energy. It's like it's like me and my friends like graduation thing, like we were going to go to a se season. We're just we were like we're it's all you can eat. We're gonna just stay there all day.
Speaker 5: It's literally a Simpsons.
Speaker 2: There's literally assimstance things.
Speaker 5: We just gets kicked out.
Speaker 6: They got their eight hours. They like, if you guys want to stay, you have to You paid for lunch and they have to pay for dinner. And I was just like, all right, I'm out. But like some of my friends are trying to put up a fight, like.
Speaker 2: So I says, all you can eat and I haven't had enough.
Speaker 6: Although by what what Fred did have like a grit bit. As we were getting kicked out and out of the door, he turned around was.
Speaker 2: Like, ce see you later.
Speaker 5: You were out of the Mikey hates breaking the law. I think I do have footage.
Speaker 2: It's true. I felt like.
Speaker 6: A person in authority, even if that authority is assistant manager at a CCS.
Speaker 2: Was upset at me.
Speaker 3: Man, okay, so okay. Roundtable is a regional chain, I guess in California. But they have a lunch buffet and I've told all of my friends, I've told every romantic partner that I've had in the past twenty years. All I want for my birthday is to go to the lunch buffet at a Round Table so I can have a bunch of salad in pizza.
Speaker 2: That's all I want. I don't want many things in life, and no one takes me fucking seriously.
Speaker 3: Now everyone's like, huh, funny, goof and then like we'll have birthday plans and it's not what I fucking want.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I really I think we have one of those nostalgia pizza HUDs nearer me.
Speaker 2: I gotta go to it.
Speaker 3: Next email comes from Jazz from Western Australia Kangaroo emoji. Greetings to the duders. I really recently started the Metal Gear series, playing through both metal Gear Solid one and two over the last two weekends on my switch to and Man, what incredible games. Thank you to Dan for his diehard love of the series and finally motivating me to start them. My question is should I start Snake Eater on my switch to or wait for Delta and Bonus. What's everyone's favorite stupid name for Kojima's entire ooh parentheses got to give it to Vamp, who is named Vamp only because he's bisexual. Nothing to do with blood drinking or supernatural powers.
Speaker 4: That is true, it is canonical. It is said in the game Vamp is bisexual. That's why his name is Vamp. I believe he had a relationship with the army guy Scott Dolf that's on the tanker who is I think also Fortune's dad maybe right, and.
Speaker 6: They seem like very different people, those two, I have to say, very different folks.
Speaker 5: But yes, that is why why yes, Grub, what's up you guys keep.
Speaker 2: Saying he's by That's why he's named Vam.
Speaker 5: He is also a vampire.
Speaker 2: But that's a question.
Speaker 6: What is the word vamp have to do with bisexuality?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I also to understand when people say bisexual lighting or when they call Damian priests bisexual undertaker.
Speaker 5: I don't really know what that means. I just not.
Speaker 6: This person should just probably wait for Delta. It's coming out very soon.
Speaker 2: Is a one to one remake. Uh so you know, yeah, I would I would say just wait at this well.
Speaker 4: Based solely on what I played at the preview event last year, I would say just go ahead and wait for Delta.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of bisexual lighting in Donkey Kong Bonanza. What is bisexual?
Speaker 5: Is it just two different colors?
Speaker 3: Blue?
Speaker 2: Is your lighting bisexual? I've read there's probably some bisexual lighting in here. Yeah, okay, yeah, the sunlight and red, that's different. That's not why I wish that was bisexual lighting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I see, I see, Okay, this isn't a koch of thing. I did have to stop and roll my eyes pretty hard when I was playing Control when like the main character I was like, yeah from a town was called ordinary. I literally had to pause the.
Speaker 2: Game and be like, Okay, look he's finished, all right.
Speaker 6: He's got his way of telling stories and we love him for Yeah, because you know it's interesting, Jeff, because I bet the.
Speaker 2: Town was an ordinary go I'll do it. I'll do it. Brop Fuddy Duddy, thank you. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Die hard Man is just sounds hilarious, and that's the regima person.
Speaker 6: I I don't know what is.
Speaker 2: The question is like, what the name stupid name?
Speaker 5: I mean, hot cold man. Hot cold Man might be.
Speaker 2: From Yeah, you guys, it is that die hard Man is the best. It's the answer for this because the character's actual name is fucking John McClain die hard Man, whose real name is John McClain. Die hard Man, whose name is John McClain. But do you get it? I don't know if you get I do get it. It's just stupid. I don't think it's any.
Speaker 5: Let's just say big Boss also a stupid name.
Speaker 2: It sounds good though everyone off the tongue. It's awesome.
Speaker 5: I love it, but it's like it is objectively stupid.
Speaker 2: When Lyndon B.
Speaker 5: Johnson is like, I hereby give you the title of Big it's a question.
Speaker 2: Is this an honorary title?
Speaker 6: Like what do you mean, what are my responsibilities and duties as I mean big Boss.
Speaker 4: I mean he graduated from naked snake to big Boss killed a person, boss.
Speaker 7: Spoiler, snake eater, right, Dan, where that happens? Okay, that's that's where the series jumped the shark. For me, when they start really really taking this stuff seriously, I think, like storytellings.
Speaker 5: When I started loving it more, it really does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I posted this on Blue Sky. My favorite Koach of the thing ever, is when he put the olive wreaths around the DL order bonuses for the PC version of of of what you call it the Frauilding Bridges game test stranding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is an.
Speaker 2: Congredulations you for giving me money. I guess like the thought press process of that is just so mesmerizing to me. He's got a beautiful break Clere. It's very fun.
Speaker 6: Honeythy is negative for coach Jima.
Speaker 4: Sign genius on party is positive. Solidus Snake. The former president of the United States has two katanas and their named Republican and Democratic.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I like that.
Speaker 5: Grenade launcher Nator the Green Party.
Speaker 2: Calling your newtube Ralph would be really good.
Speaker 6: Actually, Mike.
Speaker 2: For me, I think it's like, sometimes it's negative, sometimes it's positive. The overwhelming emotion is though, that's like that could never be me. I could never do coach does. I would never want to. I would be too ashamed or embarrassed. So I'm glad he exists and it's out there saying if I never could.
Speaker 6: If Reddy Pittsford had the freaking like all of tree things around a pre order but we.
Speaker 2: Would run a lot, I would be what a dumb ass? I don't know. Norman Redis sounds like a Kojima character, but that's the guy.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: He's a porter that brings things across bridges. So his name is Sam Porter.
Speaker 3: Hey, I wonder what gun Revolver Oslot uses a lot. That's the spoiler too.
Speaker 2: Does Revolver Oslot have any cat like features?
Speaker 1: He does? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean three what he thought it was as much? I like, like, I thought that was really stupid.
Speaker 4: Yes, but that's one of the most amazing things about Oslot and three is like he's like the ultimate badass Levan Cleeve Cowboy in the later games, which are earlier, that came out earlier, so to see him as like a shithead little twenty year old that's like try and ship out. He's like trying to figure out his gimmicks, and he's like, I'm an oslot and he summons his dudes, but he's just a fucking door. He has a revolver, and I was like a cat revolver does at first until Boss is like, hey, pussy, you should get a revolver. And the next time you see him.
Speaker 5: He's like, I got a revolver.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to play this.
Speaker 3: It's awes yeah and grew up. I think you need to play through all of it. Yeah, well I will, Yeah, all right. Next email comes from Ken from upstate New York. Uh, Mike, Yeah, I went to a rainforest cafe for the first time.
Speaker 2: Did you jerk off in it?
Speaker 3: This is what greeted me in the bathroom. I don't get it, but I understand now. Also when you did was it during one of the thunderstorms so everyone was distracted for the other dudes? What was one of the most inappropriate things you've seen or experience at a chain restaurant? Let me go find his image and never.
Speaker 2: Did that.
Speaker 6: I can't even saying more. I don't want to edit it. To be clear, it's a joke. Everyone understand.
Speaker 4: When I was fourteen and my first job was at a McDonald's, we had a guy there named Oph and I remember, on at least one occasion, because I remember, we're all pretty horrified. He was in the bathroom for a long time, like during a rush, and we're like, where the fuck is over? And then he comes out and he was like he was a real character and he goes like I was just jacking off, and then he rubbed his hands all over all the fries.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I guess could have been even worse than that, but man.
Speaker 5: And then we don't think he was joking about the whacking off.
Speaker 6: Joke about such a thing.
Speaker 5: That was a real over move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, classic, yeah, maybe, Oh God. Anyway, the picture in question, I'm still trying to look for it, but it was you could see the nipples on a monkey. Yeah that's fine, But for that to be the first thing to greet you.
Speaker 2: Get you going like, what's what's what they're saying? Yeah, I get it. I get while you jerked up in Rainforce Cafe because I saw this.
Speaker 3: If you guys go look at the email doc or the run of show doc. I've just pasted the picture there very bosomy monkey.
Speaker 2: Let's see all right, Oh come on now, Yeah, they're stacked.
Speaker 6: It's more, Yeah, it's it's more than I was expecting. I don't know, because I was thinking more what I'm thought? Sure, just more, just more, okay, all right. Next one comes from Pope High Bombers love listening to the podcast while working in the lab and commuting. I'm interested in getting your advice on what to do at games Com. Me and my friend are going and it will be my first con of any type. What do you suggest we get up to Is it just a lot of entertaining yourself in long lines for things. Unfortunately, the only day we're able to be in Germany is Wednesday, when the con is more expensive for non industry people, so I want to make sure we get the most out of it or things typically more busy for non press on that Wednesday. Thank you, and I hope any of you going to games Com have a great time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hope.
Speaker 6: It's it's going to be very busy. I like incoms, but it's one. It's a very very big conference, and it's a very crowded.
Speaker 2: Confidence a lot of those crowds are going to be concentrated in.
Speaker 6: Those big boosts where like your CAPCOMs are, and so you know, if there's some big game you really want to play, you know that might take up a big chunk of your time. You're gonna have to decide how much you really want to do that it might be worth it. I actually thought a lot of the vendor booth areas were pretty.
Speaker 2: Cool, though I bought a lot of vinyls.
Speaker 6: Like Disney Orcana had a booth there that wasn't crazy crowded, so that was neat for me. So it is so big that you're going to still be able to find some areas that aren't super crazy crowded or wild. But just factor in the time. If you do want to go to one of those big boots, in factor in the time, the things you want to do are very far apart from each other. Just look at the maps, because you always get crowded and it can be difficult just navigating.
Speaker 3: Also, there's multiple floors for some of like the buildings where there's like Capcom will have a booth up top, but if you go down below, there's like a bunch of indie games or different like activations for stuff.
Speaker 5: See if DJ astids is playing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, I was just going to google it to see if dj Astis was playing. Maybe.
Speaker 3: If you go into a bar, don't yell englishish, uh forget these jokers.
Speaker 2: Actual tips.
Speaker 6: Try to eat your lunch and dinners at off hours because all those food trucks and what not are gonna be real busy right at noon. That's that's a theme park tip. Also, by the way, try to fuck up your body to avoid lining. Help you fin go that cheese.
Speaker 5: That cheese shop is great. They give you all sorts of samples.
Speaker 2: Go watch learn about World War Two before you go to the chocolate museums.
Speaker 3: Perhaps, yes, go to the go watch the Germany travelog.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 3: That was a lot of fun. I would love to go back to games a year a wonderful time.
Speaker 5: It's from beans chocolate, yes, yes, they make it from beans.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: If you're at a restaurant or a bar and you're ordering coolst the little Little Dude beers so good and refreshing. If you put your coaster over the beer, that is a sign that you're you're done, You don't want anymore.
Speaker 2: You want to do that, because otherwise I'll just keep giving you a closer and charging you for it until you do that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it is not like, hey, we're gonna kindly refill it for you. We're going to refill it for you and charge you. Okay, last two emails here, Uh, she says they'll be there, say how to her and ask her for help on her discord. Yes, yes, go reach out to Lexi. LEXI will be there at games Com. This second and last email comes from Travis and Fargo, and they've written in five questions. We're going to speed through them. Number one, have you ever been genuinely addicted to a video game to the extent you had to delete it or don't let yourself play it so you don't get sucked in again?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: I mean I played MMOs, but and I probably played I played a lot of them. I don't know if fuck this is too much, this is a problem. I have not ever unsold a game to kick a habit or something like that. Marvel Snap, I had to delete it. Fair Two, what's the Godfather of video games? And should I see the Godfather?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Meddle your Solid three snake Eater? And yes, watch what about?
Speaker 2: What about?
Speaker 6: In the sense of it insists upon itself.
Speaker 2: What if that's what we mean?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, red dead Yeah, metal ear earns it Okay.
Speaker 2: Three.
Speaker 3: I'm a firm believer that we need more edible food and drink containers like the Humble bread Buwl. My top idea is a leakproof waffle cone cup for hot beverages. What would you want?
Speaker 4: I've always wanted the I thought this was a real thing because the Simpsons and I've always tried to find it. It's just when Homer had the tortilla hat where it had the notcho cheese bowl in the break it off and dip it, and like I always assumed that was just the thing you could order, and it's just never on a menu.
Speaker 3: I think edible straws, like like red vines, we should just have those be.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, I mean the bread bull is kind of perfect, Like it doesn't get better than that. So I don't know, just variations on the bread ball give me more fun?
Speaker 6: Versions?
Speaker 5: Is the Incredible Panties reel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just like, you're just like a bad foot roll up?
Speaker 5: Are they like bad? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Disney invented the handwitch at Epcot and that's just kind of a bread cone thing. The hand witch so like a rap kind of but it looks more like a cone.
Speaker 2: You kind of hold it.
Speaker 6: And they kind of brought it back for cars Land in California Venture and cheese in it in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cultural appropriation, got it, God got it? Uh?
Speaker 3: Number four, will we ever get another Star Fox two situation meaning an old, finished but unreleased game from a major publisher they decide to drop several years slash console generations.
Speaker 2: We just got another one.
Speaker 6: Chante Advance is happening or happened, so yeah, we actually just got that one, and there'll be some other reason one day or another. I hope there will be an uh because Herada just said this this in the story. I don't know why is his game Tech and Cross Street Fighter. I thought that was the Capcom one.
Speaker 7: But no, whichever first is who it is? So like Street Fight Across Teching came out, Tech and Cross Street Fight did not.
Speaker 2: Okay, so right, this was his game then, and Herda said he would like to show off the thirty percent completed game one day. I put that in a collection one day, like they were.
Speaker 4: Like two screen chets. I feel like I've seen like reu and like a tech An engine or.
Speaker 7: Something they did that they showed that off. Yeah, collection Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: An tech a collection and add that in there as a bonus, Like, yeah, I asked about that last.
Speaker 7: Year, by the way, when I got to talk to them, and they're just like, huh, maybe we should do that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, you really should. Yeah.
Speaker 6: People brought up StarCraft Ghosts and that's interesting. But Blizzard, like they actually had a completed Warcraft Adventures that point Colik Atvench game. You can't just find it and play it. It's basically a full game. But ayy someday they'll just actually release it themselves too.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: And last question from Travis and Fargo, what movie have you seen the most times in your life.
Speaker 5: By a very large margin? Mcgerber ring.
Speaker 2: Surf Surf, Ninja's or T M n T two Secret of the Use There?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I might be like Ghostbusters or something something like that.
Speaker 2: What do you think is high up there for me? For sure?
Speaker 3: What do you think Backlar's most watched movie is Oh these are genuine answers? Okay, cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, he's a great movie.
Speaker 3: He's a big Sean William Scott fan. Who is I mean, who amongst us right role models.
Speaker 2: Green Hornet because its seth Rogen.
Speaker 6: There we go.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Last email of the show comes from Luke in New Market, England. It's sent from Outlook for Android. Hey Bombers, I found a VHS tape in my attic labeled The Smallest Man. No idea what is on this tape and who left it there? The previous tenant was my mom and she has no idea what this is. There's no movie or TV show that I could find called the Smallest Man? So what do you think is on the tape? I get to find a VHS player to check regards Luke, Newmarket, England, Luke.
Speaker 5: Luke, I have a VCR and a c R T right there. We can do a live Why well we will not?
Speaker 2: I could do I could do a very quick VET. Then we can do first or something. Yeah. I regret to inform you you just found your mom's porn if you.
Speaker 6: Want you, but I, Luke, I think what this is is like uh an episode of Sally Jesse Raphael.
Speaker 2: The World's Smallest Man. And for some reason someone got like just really captivated about this and wanted to record it so they could watch when they got home from working at Domino's.
Speaker 3: I think Sean's right, it's a dude with a small dick that.
Speaker 4: Too, wouldn't just be called the smallest dick wellness? Okay, sure, sure, okay, no, Louke, seriously send it. I'll check it out. I'll vetit and er it on the site if need be.
Speaker 2: Uh you know, sign an NDA in case it's porn of your mom. Yeah, we won't, we won't show that.
Speaker 5: We probably want to see that, but journalists.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: That does it for emails once again. BombCast at Giant Bob dot com is email addressed to send your emails. To thank you for every one for sending your emails. We've been getting a lot, so it's been hard to include all of them in the show, but I do appreciate you all for writing in. Mike Minatti, please hit me with some super chats if we got any.
Speaker 6: We got quite a bunch of, thank you everybody. First off, from Idiot box Fire Escape was on the background at work and someone heard Dance screaming about musicals. She said, Man, someone getting angry about something they don't understand is the whitest thing ever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that was Mike.
Speaker 4: Perhaps you might have been married because she was a coward and would not admit that. She also did not like Hamilton. But yeah, oh you guys are cool.
Speaker 6: Williamler says, enjoyed that Thunderfolk stream. You have things Dan likes and appreciate what they're just number one. Well, you guys continue it. There's a lot more you all haven't seen, including some found family for Jan. I was enjoying the game.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, you know, maybe maybe should do one more stream of it?
Speaker 6: Kind I have one more go, yeah, because you know, maybe some more complexities there.
Speaker 2: We were doing pretty good. I liked being my giant polar bear tank guy fyronized. Maybe Jan was so strong as that fire hazard It was wow, the one that came up from from Dan.
Speaker 6: Dan, you could have been a strong fire lizard, but you were scared because of fantasy or something. It was a lot of things that you know Jakeson's Jan check Venmo memos. Super Chet isn't sending uh yeah in a super Chet doesn't get right here. Well, I think it's because of their original message. But Jake wrote on Saturday eight sixteen, ten am Eastern, I'll be streaming Clone Hero for twenty four hours to raise money for Gaza through pc r F tiny, earl dot com slash Woke Gaza ghoul Boy. I'll drop those links in a second. Folks in a Twitch stream is at twitch dot tv slash Pseudo space j L.
Speaker 2: I wonder which love in their YouTube didn't like.
Speaker 3: Much loss Jake from Boston aka Woke Gabba, ghoul Boy, Gaza cool is funny, that's good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zombie Porn says, does Jance still call Turbo Shan old? Yes? Yeah, what the hell? I still never went back? What you what you're doing here? And he pounced?
Speaker 6: He pounced, Sean, I want to that's not very nice. Sean still younger than you. Actually, he's like right and he grabbed her. Was like chance stopped months and he just would stopped.
Speaker 5: Classic classic rude.
Speaker 2: Can't believe it.
Speaker 3: And then and then Dan like uh Neil did the frog pose behind Mike and then the school boyed him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I hope that was in good like HD on the stream because I just need to like cut that down and put that everywhere. I don't know where I'm gonna put I just Dan doing that everywhere.
Speaker 6: Egan says, Hey, thanks for doing the BombCast on my birthday, Happy birthday, Hello again hbd yep, and then dumb dumb Banjo says by culture mentioned here you go, Here we go, hearts for all of our bye friends.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, there we go. That's right, get it away before Mike sees did it? Lie? Dan, that's not even the young way to do heart, Now you gotta do it like that, No way to hard, This is the young way.
Speaker 3: But me anyhow, I tried to get Vinnie to do this and he thought it was like a racist thing and he didn't want to partake.
Speaker 5: Ye, that's the heart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: We did get a rate from Mixlander earlier and right after they finished watching I'm in Love with your dead grandmothers.
Speaker 3: So are we still friends?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: But I wonder if any of the broke as hard as I did when the grandmother came back to life.
Speaker 2: Only he gets shot right. The funniest thing I've ever seen is that it for super chests, my dad, It for super chests. Thank you so much, everybody, Back to you, Jan, Thank you so much. Everyone.
Speaker 3: We got a stacked and packed week. We got game. This morning's popping off for the rest of the week Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Today we got a bunch of stuff going on because the SF travelogue is dropping fairly soon right after this podcast. My slow pipes gonna take a hot second to upload that, but we'll do it as a premiere so we can all hang out in the YouTube chat comment and laugh and cry at the oars in hilarity.
Speaker 5: I got to find out, uh.
Speaker 4: Chuck Towski said that someone in Discord reach out to him, saying that they might have been directly responsible for us almost dying in the Weymo during part.
Speaker 5: With the fire truck. Yeah, so curious if you're listening, love to hear what happened there.
Speaker 6: A lot of the waybow uh in almost killing us, a lot of a lot of highs and lows.
Speaker 2: Uh. Interesting because you're going to see me drunkard that I've ever been on content for sure, talks to the Weimo like a dog, and you're all going to be very upset by it. Like, just just get used to it now. Yeah, Mike's definitely worst here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it has a very fantastic cold open. Not saying that the first cold open was going to be bad.
Speaker 2: It just was a lot. It was the most It's still in there.
Speaker 6: It's you included all that, all the footage from the Disney Museum that I sent you, right, it's in there.
Speaker 2: Excited for people to see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and after that, we also have shouts out to Derek Stone. Derek put together the best of for Pimp My Reker, which wrapped last week, leading into Grubs shift on Black Club.
Speaker 2: It's Trespasser, Eve, Jeff, that's gonna be.
Speaker 5: That's he has no idea, he doesn't done.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I know that game.
Speaker 5: I know that well, yes, Jeff just found out that it's first person. There's so much more to learn.
Speaker 2: Ready for what night of game that is? I think, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think this game existed before or after? Oh no, yeah, like it was type of game like Jeff, I think I said it was to you.
Speaker 7: It's the kind of game that could have been really cool if they didn't completely bungle it.
Speaker 2: So there's ideas, all right, Okay, I like ideas, but Diana also had ideas exactly.
Speaker 4: I don't look anything up to look at the chap, but Grub, do you even know about like the health system.
Speaker 6: Mount in the game. I don't know what health bar like.
Speaker 2: Literally, what I thought it was was like an interactive CD ROM like point and click like.
Speaker 6: Virtual say a CD Jurassic Park game.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's probably what I was thinking of them.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm so so excited about tomorrow. I've been thinking about tomorrow for a long time and I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: All right, health bar? What is this game? Oh? Yeah, I know what the health bar is. The dumb thing is that's a grub game. That's a bad game. So that's a bad grub. Yeahs, pay for my cents.
Speaker 3: Okay, so folks tune in live for that new season of Light Club Jurassic Grub Jeff Passer.
Speaker 4: The game doesn't even actually technically have Jurassic Park in the title. It's just called Trespassers the Jurassic Park Game. Why didn't they put that in the title?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Weird? Right? Great?
Speaker 3: Uh Thursday game of Mornings as well as an episode of Voicemail Dump Truck Dumpers, Go get your calls in. Friday is going to be another pack day because we were going to be doing uh game as Mornings as well. Is a license to thrill some fast food games yum me yes, and then upf we're going to try and do drag and drive, try our hardest for that A bunch of other stuff popping up on the website. Yesterday, Sean dropped an EVO interview for the new Virtual Fighter project. Shawn's got a bunch more loaded up ready to drop throughout the week. You boys, the Blight crew did some guest commentary over Evil Who Know is Wrestling, comedy wrestling, mystery wrestling stuff yesterday.
Speaker 6: That was a lot of fun, getting even more fun after we left. They in the middle of the match, they like had like a poker segment. They're just playing poker for a long time. It was great seminar.
Speaker 2: I get that, I get that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Perhaps a hare tic hex and quick look later this week as well.
Speaker 6: If Jeff are going to record that, it gets a food to this, Jeff.
Speaker 2: But then we can maybe record meeting all.
Speaker 3: Right, uh yeah, And a lot of a lot of busy stuff popping off. It's another busy week again. If you are a premium member, we haven't you haven't heard this yet. We're having a premium beta of the new website. Shouts out to Chuck. We fuck with Chuck Enormous Explosive dot com. If you're an existing premium member, you can go ahead use your email address and your username that you have on the current website that'll carry over. You can test all the things. Admittedly, there are a couple videos that are missing from the library. I'm working with my slow pipes to go ahead and get those uploaded. But garin anything else before we get out of here.
Speaker 2: Jeff Jeff, Jeff, Yeah, what can I do for you? Bude? You're a premium beta. All right, let's let's.
Speaker 6: End the podcast.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: That about does it for the Giant BombCast. I guess we'll be back next week. Somehow got Sean.
Speaker 3: She's been Jeff, he's been White us with Dan, I have the chant to.
Speaker 2: Fuck with Chuck.
Speaker 3: Let me see some f dubsus. We'll see next week for another episode he the Tied BombCast. Until then, I love you, good bye, Happy lay there, get mom.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 3: I better be your favorite child because I'm the only one.