Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Lines podcast.
Speaker 2: We'll recover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe and the comics, TV and movies. We go from er six one six, to the Mojo Verse to the TVA in order to bring to Marvel Universe right to you.
Speaker 1: I'm the Man without Fear.
Speaker 3: Chris, I'm the Nerd with the Mouth David Alliance A seven Symbol Volume three hundred and four and as always as.
Speaker 2: We are, we are now breaking down another episode of X Men ninety seven eight Wolverine and Morph centric episode.
Speaker 1: You know, we didn't get too many.
Speaker 2: In the first season with Wolverine and Morph at that point. You know, they were kind of they were kind of pushed to the as side.
Speaker 1: Characters in first season. So I kind of liked that we got a very much a centric episode on them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, they had dropped little nuggets here and there in the original series. There's, you know, some allusion to them being very close. In season one of X Men ninety seven, there are some allusions to even more closeness, more one than the other. And so now we get a nice little Marvel I will call it their version of the Brave and the Bold. Yes, exactly so, But how's been your week?
Speaker 1: Week has been good.
Speaker 4: I this is the last workday of the week, so I'm excited to have a nice relaxing day off tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Same here, same here. Oh, look at this flash from the past.
Speaker 2: This is Greg. Welcome Greg, hope you're doing well, buddy. That bat daddy is in the chat. We look that and at that point, let you know, a week's been good to you. We are getting a couple of weeks away from opening up our new building where I'm at, so we got like another kind of security check tour about it. So we're very close looking forward to doing It's been a long road ahead. But and Greg's saying, uh, stop by for a minute. Not quite caught up yet, but loving the series. Yes, we'll good. Well, happy to have you stop by. Always good to see in the chat. But we're not only not alone in the chat. We also have a guest coming on for this episode of First Timer for Marvel Alliance. Let me bring him on and welcome Brian to Marvel Alliance.
Speaker 5: You're supposed to.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We don't. We're not that fancy.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't have those lovely buttons to do that now. Now, a other host on this network, Joe, does have those kind of fun things. So so well, Brian, why don't you tell uh a little bit about yourself and uh you plug plug your channel because you you do some comic geek word uh interviews that you know people should definitely check out.
Speaker 5: Oh well, thank you, I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: So my name is Brian and I have a YouTube channel, a pedestrian one. It's called Sheehan is Dead Comics. That's s h e e h a n is Dead Comics. My co pilot Scott and I like the chat. Like Chris mentioned, a whole bunch of geek stuff. We've had a bunch of guests on Dan de Dio, Jason Fabric, Philip Kennedy Johnson, We've had Richard Satrone who is stunt Batman, and the Snyder of the Snyder movies. A whole slew of interesting people, a lot of interesting stories and backstories told about Rob Leifeld, a whole bunch of stuff image all the goodies. I highly encourage you to check it out. Please also Dread Winnick we had on for Under the Red Hood. We talked about the book in the movie for almost an hour and a half.
Speaker 5: That was a great chat.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I'm a geeky and I'm not leaky, and I'm here to get down.
Speaker 5: I'm not the biggest Marvel fan. So this is a really good thing for me to be in doctrinated man, because the X Men always scared me and they still do as a forty four year old man. Because I'm like, where do I start reading?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've it's a.
Speaker 6: Lot if Omar put out that I don't know a few months ago of how to read and it was like a three and a half hour video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's if you want to delve that deep. But I can always say this, there are two entry points. I would say, if you want to go really deep, start with Giant Size number one with Burn and Claremont. Read the Claremont run through, you know, his time getting with Jim Lee, So that's a lot there. Or jump on during House and Powers of Ten and you know kind of do the Craco Air. I'd say those are kind of two safe points that you know you you don't if you don't have some really intense background out, you'll still be okay.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: I appreciate I appreciate that and let me just give me another minute to expound on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, as regards the x Men, I finally downloaded the Marble and limited at and I started reading Brubaker's cap, which was awesome, and then I started with Schism with the x Men and then Messiah Complex and then now I'm reading like the first two issues of when Bendis had his uncanny and then the other one.
Speaker 5: Whatever that one.
Speaker 2: Hey, you go some highs, you go some lows in that statement, and he's sticking with it. Schism is a low point. Messiah Complex, The Messiah Trilogy is really good. You got Messiah Complex, You've got uh yeah, and then war I can't remember the middle middle one, but yeah, the Messiah Trilogy is great. And then he said the bendis run not my tempo for bendis not his strong suit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I just I just started with that one. And this is where Cyclops is, you know, a jerk, like a huge jerk, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: No, no, he's always a jerk. Don't don't ever hear whoa whoa.
Speaker 6: Growing up watching watching the cartoon, and I was like, wow, Cyclops is so cool. And then you know, E've ben in X Men ninety seven. He seems really cool and then in the book he's a big jerk and murdering professors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he goes off the defense.
Speaker 2: I more don't like Cyclops in the comics by touch by David and I have a good banter why hashtag Cyclops is wrong?
Speaker 1: But I will I will relent. They have made him a better character in Next mid ninety seven.
Speaker 5: They really have.
Speaker 6: And he's not such a stick up as behind leader either, Like he's got some personality. His powers are super awesome, you know, like especially the first episode from the first season when yeah rested his way he fell through the sky with no parachute.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's.
Speaker 1: Making he's making statements.
Speaker 6: He's he's really cool in this again. And then you mentioned Krakoa, So I started I started collecting the omnibuses. And there's so many Krocoa books coming out omnis by here and Gill and Jerry Duggan and Jonathan Hickman. I'm like, which ones do I read? What order do I read these in? So I got to look that up too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, it gets a little a little crazy because they go daego tie and heavy, but it's all it. Yeah, like with everything, some really highlights, some really good likes, but I like I said, the crocoa air is a good one. So but we've got some other people joining us in the chat. We've got our buddy Bear joining us. Even guys, he's ready for his Marvel News fix. He he just ordered Age of Apocalypse, got Chris Evans in the chat and a bear Bear is Saint Syclouts is wrong. Got to get his point across.
Speaker 1: So sy Cluff was right.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we've got a lot to talk besides the episode. We do have some news. You know, we are on the eve of San Diego Comic Con, so it's interesting when you get a couple of news drops, some interesting ones and you know, post credits discussion tonight we're going to be revolving around some rumor casting speaking of the X Men at that point, and one particular person who is being linked to every single villain under the sun. So you pick your poison on which one it is. But before we get into all that, we are going to do with the network plug. So we are part of the Geegle Twin Alliance network with six shows covering the wide range of geek and Nerdam. To see the full schedule, check out the shownes blow Subscribe to the Geegle Twin Alliance Network on Twitter at g Waypod network so you know when.
Speaker 1: All the shows drop.
Speaker 2: We also have a Patreon, so if you want to throw a couple of shekels our way. We've got two tiers, our dollar tiers, our tip chart to say hey, you think we're doing a good job. And then we've got our five dollar tier with ad for episodes, early access episodes and Patreon excusive shows. We've got a few shows on the back catalog for our patrons. We can watch this all day, The Marble Lines, Infinnity Saga, Rewatch, Tales from the House of X rewatch, the our favorite movies from the fox Er of X Men, and then the Baxter Broadcast, the Fantastic Four retro film reviews, and as we have just started our newest Patreon show, Cape Expectations, The Avengers, Earth Mighties Heroes rewatch first Watch. Every month, we're going through the first five or six episodes of Verse Mighty as Heroes. The first episode of that has dropped already, and David and I just recorded the second episode that will drop at the last Monday of the month. So patrons, as always we cannot do this is at your support. I hope you're enjoying that you got the DC Alliance guys doing the DC film through the years, and then you have Joe doing his Multiverse Minutes Disney Dives. We're on the first and the fifteenth of every month. He is going doing a breakdown of the Disney animated movies in chronological order of release. So if you're not a member of our patreon, go to www dot patreon dot com backslass Gway Network so you can join it and get that lovely back content. And if you can't be a member of our patreon, we totally understand. But if you want to take thirty to ninety seconds rate and review US and Apple podcasts, Spotify, amaz Hoummies, wherever you get your podcasts, we greatly appreciated. And last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor, Panelboundcomics dot com for omnibus hardcover collect edition.
Speaker 1: Needs JP and.
Speaker 2: The crew at PBC have got it going on with excellent customer service, immaculate packaging. Ships around the world earn points to get discounts off books, and as we are getting ready probably the next week or so, this is probably the probably the last week that you can get an additional five dollars off these pre orders here for these Marvel books. We've got X of Swords coming back into print, that is very rare for a Marvel to put out in a re release in OHC. And we've got the wrap up of Secret Wars Battle World Omnibus. All the times for that four volume is that Chips the dar Skis Omnibus Volume two and Volume one are coming back into being restocked. Very popular run might be you know, some homages to the run in the Daredevil shows. So we've got two codes out there for you if you want to use that. If you want to do that, you can use our code Marvel GUA check got to get two dollars off every single order, or use the code m g u A sit for five percent off when you order four or more books together and.
Speaker 1: Lets them know you're a listener.
Speaker 2: And I was always want to thank them for being our official sponsor. All right, So all right, X Men ninety seven season two, episode five, entitled Weapon X lies in DVDs, So nice.
Speaker 1: Little homage to the title door.
Speaker 2: We've got a you know, kind of an homage to the last you know what was it.
Speaker 1: I think they did a similar thing in.
Speaker 2: The in the original show, David, Yes, they had where it was videotapes instead of DVDs. Yeah so, but yeah, so we you know, I'm not gonna go We're just gonna go straight into spoilers because there's it's kind of hard to go non spoilers with this because a lot of interesting stuff that happens in this It's, as we said, it's a morph and wolver centric episode. We saw the preview at the end of the last episode with Wolverine getting information from Black Widow and Captain America. So if you haven't watched the episode, but go go back watch it. If not getting ready to spoil it in three to one, so this is an interesting team, David, that Wolverine assembles most of them, at least two very much are thwarn enemies of Logan. You've got if we've got Lady death Strike, we've got Sabertooth, we've got Maverick and Garrison Kine. Obviously Lady das Stroke and the Lady's gonna be Daily dath Strike and Sabertooth Smart enemies of Wolverine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, harken back to the original series. Logan does have, you know, history with both of these in two different ways. He had some romantic history with Lady Das Strike before becoming.
Speaker 1: Adversarious, and we all.
Speaker 2: Know the the very volatile relationship that he has.
Speaker 1: It's Sabertooth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think about that, Brian of Wolverine kind of teaming up with getting his enemies to.
Speaker 1: Join him on this kind of journey back to Weapon X.
Speaker 6: Well, from watching the cartoon in the nineties, it seems like it would be sacrilege. So I don't know if that's something would have done back then. I remember the Death Strike one. She's like, my lady just strike and there was the alien ship.
Speaker 2: Yep, and they make a callback to that in this episode. So so while saber Tooths history of Woulverine is well documented, Lady Death Strikes Yuriko, who actually was a former love interest of Wolverine. Her father's scientific work will go on to be the foundation of Weapon X. Maverick was a mercenary who also operated under the code named Agent Zero. While working for Weapon X. Team made a Wolverines on tm X and finally, Garrison Kane was a mercenary who lost his arms and legs during a mission. He later was transformed into a cyborg by the revamped Weapon X program. So every one of these individuals outside of Borf has a direct connection to the Weapon X program. And you know, gathering with the conversations on the plane, David, it seems like Wolverine's kind of he has an ulterior motive that I was calling it, you know, you know, the last time, and I have a very good feeling that this was the way it was.
Speaker 1: Going to go.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you know, he he's keeping quiet about his reasonings for being there and gathering them all there, but.
Speaker 2: It's pretty obvious. It's obvious to everyone.
Speaker 1: But one person on that plane while they're there exactly.
Speaker 2: In fact, I think when you know, when they get off the plane and start kind of what Wolverine does and tearing up stuff, they don't realize that he's lost his adamantim at that point. Yeah, So the team trades some banter back and forth. Wolverin explains to Morph that they're going to shut down a new WEAPONEX operation and to produced questions Morris's motives for joining the mission given that he has no history with Weapon X. And the conversation's interrupted when the plane gets hit by a flock of mutated bird So wepon X is now mutating birds. And so when Morph gets out of the wreckage, he finds that Caine's been impaled. So, uh, mister Caine, we hardly knew the you are the slip knot of this episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, just opening cannon fodder.
Speaker 2: You had to you know, sacrifice someone out the gate and he was that one.
Speaker 1: Now what do you think?
Speaker 2: What do you think about you know, those random characters Brian that just you know, you see him, Oh, they're gonna be kind of and then they just get wiped off the map?
Speaker 1: What do you think about doing that?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 6: When you mentioned slipknot, like those ones are so easy to spot, you're like, oh, that's the cannon fodder because he doesn't he doesn't live with this or that's a that's a you know, an auspicious character. But I was speaking of that like Morph. I love when Morph Morph's in Morph worps in too double n Tundra uh thor or like the Hulk or something like he's their gateway into using other characters. I really am looking forward to an episode when maybe Steve Avengers and the and the X Men or something like that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you can spot cannon fodder a mile away.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I love that they you know, when they did this in the first season, you know, morph had you know, a human face at that point, but they decided to go with the Age of Apocalypse version of morphin just have him have the white face and make him non binary on the show. And you still that in the first season. You kind of see that in this episode as well. But his power said, they kind of alter in an idea that he actually he because there's always been a question like how does morph do the powers of it? Is it a true mimicry of it or things like that, and he apparently in this version of the character, he does have the you know, the strength abilities of the characters.
Speaker 1: So when he transfers.
Speaker 2: Into Haulk, he has a basically a modified version of the strength of the character.
Speaker 6: Dude, I was thinking thinking that, Yeah, I was like, how, you know how because in one of them that I watched, he was he was for the one where he was the Hulk, and I'm like, does he match the power or like, how does that work that person?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bears coming in chat a ton of Easter eggs, yeh, especially when we get to the DVDs. Yeah, we're going to talk about all all the different Easter eggs on those DVDs that they went through. And he has more fast cycles. Oh yeah, that was that was great. Well, we'll definitely get there as well. So the three get attacked by a giant mutated bear because you know, nothing like raslin polar bears and the you know, sharing similar characteristics of the birds, They've got this kind of weird kind of mutation on them. Morev tries to fight back by transforming into sasquatch, so you know, Buddy's overpowered by them. Wolverine comes to the rescue, but he's even out masked, and so Sabertooth goes in and does what saber Tooth does best.
Speaker 1: Kill, kill hard, and kill and kill him.
Speaker 2: Dad at that point he had makes no qualms about that, and that's he is the first one to notice that Wolverine does not have his adamantem. He has bone claws, and he's wondering what has happened. Yeah, and it was really funny to see Sabertooth comes in because he just he goes right up to this giant bear, grabs him by the head and just snaps the neck. Note no problem, just like you guys are playing with your food. We got it, bigger things to do. This goes in and says, does let it happen?
Speaker 1: Let it happen.
Speaker 2: So the team goes and finds WEAPONEX facility, but it appears to have been attacked.
Speaker 1: Enter the rundown.
Speaker 2: They enter into the building providing you know, and they start going in and they get attacked, and we get Morph turning into the Thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a very cool moment and school because like, as they are going through this facility is very reminiscent of John Carpenter's The Thing and for him to turn into the superhero the Thing in order to smash these creatures.
Speaker 1: It was. It was a nice little winking knot there. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So as they make their way through the facility and searching for doctor Cornelia's scientists responsible for their own experiments, they find it littered with bodies, many of which appear to be brutally killed. Sabertooth continues to be on his violent self, and Morph brings up his son Graydon Creed acknowledging the family resemblance. You know, I love more trying to break the tension with some very good time teamor yeah, I got you gotta love it when Graydon Creed is the hates mutants because his father is Sabretooth and he appeared actually in the in the original animated seriest Grade and Creed season two episode.
Speaker 1: Ten, yep leading the Friends of Humanity.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, because they are nothing but friends of humanity. They are you know, high like life. The team gets startled when Cornelius, who appears to be the only living person in the facility, calmly talks down the team by of a very intimidating group of mutants who would be very much like to kill him, which seems odd until he mentioned the queen. And that's when I started to pick up. Uh oh, I think I know where we're going with this. Well, we're in a more share a look before Sabertooth the death Right argue who's going to kill the doctor first?
Speaker 1: The argument gets.
Speaker 2: Mute when he when an alien creature literally emerges in morse from Cornelius, and we now they are now in a fight for their life. Ladies and gentlemen we now have are I think they were hinted at in the anime, the original animated series, but this is a first focal episode of the Brood, one of the fiercest villains in the Marvel universe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a shock to me. I was kind of along the lines of our friend Travis Snell, who was thinking when he saw the sliced of bodies that maybe we would get an X twenty three cameo or something along those lines.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they popped out with the Brood. Oh yeah, Bear was right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he turned into Puck first and then the thing, you're right, thank you Bear. So, Brian, what do you what do you think about what's been your kind of history reading about the Brood or what do you what do you know about him?
Speaker 6: I was just gonna raise my hand and say, you guys just fill me in real fast on me, because I know the Marauders, yeah that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the Brood, these alien creatures are basically kind of as as David said there, they were modeling after kind of the Aliens of that point, because what they do is they they have a queen. They're just they're conquering species. They're a hive mind, and instead of like what they in movies where they you know, cocoon them and then get the face hugger and Aaron pops out of the chest. Well, they basically infect their their individuals and they eventually transform into a brood. And so, as mentioned later in the episode, they start figuring out that they infect those who are quote unquote the best of the best because they take on in particularly with mutants, they will take on the abilities of the mutants. So that makes him even more formidable at that point.
Speaker 5: So they're separate from like a Nile what Annihilist has.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, completely separate race. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the team escapes, bringing the debate of what's gonna happen. Wolverine says he's never smelled anything like them before. It's hard to believe, but the Brewer have never actually crossed paths with the X Men in the animated series, is point?
Speaker 1: I think again, I think there were.
Speaker 2: Just sequences that were seeing. You know, they were very famous for having these like you know, random cameos, but they never faced them. But when Death Strike mentions they're not from this planet, Wolverine calls this her second alien invasion in a reference to the animated series episode Out of the Past, in which Wolverine, Death Strike and the X Men duel with the alien known as the Spirit Drinker. Interestingly enough, that was the first episode of.
Speaker 1: The Phoenix Saga.
Speaker 2: I remember that very distinctly because that was a late night premiere of that because they were promoting like they were going to be doing the Dark Phoenix Saga and this was going to be the first episode.
Speaker 1: So I remember that.
Speaker 5: You ever better memory than me. I remember watching them like they would come on.
Speaker 6: Besides in the morning they started putting them on after school and hurrying home. I think we're playing soccer at my friend's house so we could watch The Phoenix again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Baron, she had said, yeah, the Brood, we're green in the OG series, definitely upgraded. Yeah, well they're more comic accurate now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: They you know, they Wolverne said, we got to go deeper into it, and that's when they start questing why Wolverine is really wanted to go down there at that. But that's why that's when it's basically is kind of obvious, saying he was trying to get his Adam management.
Speaker 1: He's not trying to shut anything down. He's trying to get it.
Speaker 2: So District repeatally refers to morph as Tomo, eventually explaining that she is referring referencing a shape shifting fox in Japanese folklore. She warns that Morphs blind loyalty to Wolverine could get him killed. Save just gets the power back on and More finds a series of DVDs.
Speaker 1: Remember it's the nineties, and as.
Speaker 2: He summed through it, we see some very interesting names on here, and I was able to kind of write them all down. Yeah, I say, I I took I paused the TV and took some pictures because I was like, oh, this is so good referenced on here, and they had to we had to make some assertions with this. We have X twenty three Ajax, Aurora, Phantom X, Wolverine, Silver Fox X seven. I believe that was gonna be in reference to power and it's it's Luke Cage. At that point, Cyborg masted on Winter Soldier, Weapon six and Garrison, Kine, Sabertooth, Agent Zero, Kimura, Worm, Slugo, and Kestrel.
Speaker 1: A lot of deep cuts.
Speaker 4: With that, yeah, oh, a lot a lot of different ones. I believe Weapon six is the one that's Luke Cage. He was never officially part of the weapon X program, but it Weapon six is what they.
Speaker 1: Used in order to make him.
Speaker 2: All trying to do re replicate the super soldier Seerum in different ways, but they play the disc marked eighteen, and that is basically we're seeing Cornelius explaining that they've been experimenting with the Brood from a crash ship on Earth. He explains that the Brood is a hive mind with no individual capable of thinking for themselves, making them perfect for creating soldiers who cannot think for themselves. Because they always were trying to say, you know, the WEAPINEX program, the experiments would remove their memories, but they didn't. They were just creating monsters. And now, as always, you know, yes, screw with science. Science is gonna screw with you back yep, And I just loicked it up. Weapon seven is nuke okay, nuke okay? So weapon seven is nuke, and so which one? Which one was gonna be? Because so seven nuke seven s nuke sick is definitely luc.
Speaker 1: Yesh, gotcha.
Speaker 2: So after the video ends, they hear the Brood sneaking up on them, and one of them grabs all the more, who seemingly tries to take over the mind before death strike rips rips it apart. However, after the brief glow in Morph's eyes after the alien dies, uh there was there a seed planted in his mind, and Morph realizes that the brued are looking to breed with superior species, which is why they left so many dead bodies. Realizing Wolverine is going to be their main target because despite Dot had adamantium, he's got incredible senses and his healing factor. And Maverick calls over the radio saying their overrun.
Speaker 1: Three of them go looking for Wolverine in Maverick and instead find a sedated Omega Red, another villain of Wolverine in a stasis chamber. That was that was a surprise seeing Omega Red there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that that that pan up that the camera did on just the full glory there Omega Red. I remember having an Omega Red action figure as a kid.
Speaker 1: I absolutely loved it.
Speaker 2: It had the attachable tentacles coming out the arm like that became one of my favorite villains just because he looked so damn cool.
Speaker 1: What it's been. I know you've watched the animated series. You said, Brian, but.
Speaker 2: Have you gotten any experience with Omega ret outside of the m and In series.
Speaker 6: Outside of the animated series. No, but the episode he was definitely. He was in one or two episodes in the og series and I love that one. And I was like, oh my god, they actually gonna let Wolverine go off and fight with him, you know, because of the standards and practices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, me exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was very It was very like indirect, like a little of this, a little of that, and then they were in the submarine.
Speaker 1: And mm hmm.
Speaker 2: In that episode, you got love when when Morphs is startled, when Maverick comes out, he's yelling out game over. I expect you needed to say game over, man, game over. A Maverick panics before they hear something else lurking in the room. A creature grabs Maverick, pulls him into the cloud of smoke before killing him. Maverick, at least you had a longer life than you know. Caine, Smoke clears to reveal Wolverine transforming into Brude.
Speaker 1: Now this is now.
Speaker 2: This was a great homage to what he The famous cover and storyline where Wolverine and the X Men do go against the Brood and he is infected. And that cover is from Uncanny X Men number two thirty four, just spitting image of what he transformed into into, you know, animated for him.
Speaker 1: What did you What did you think of that, David?
Speaker 4: I thought it was amazing, Like they had him again spot on one to one for that comic book covery on his knees, you know, turn head up and everything else, and I'm like this, this looks absolutely sick. And when they had that reveal, I'm like, all, a damn good fight scene is about to occur.
Speaker 2: Yep, And so you can't just have him Lega Red in stage this the fight with Wolverine, the Brood and all the what remaining cracks open Omega Red breaking them free. The villain attacks Wolverine and Morph, who is now being transforms into Deadpool, who was also part of the weapon Expert at one point pulls his friend of safety. Desk Strike and saber Tooth are making their way to the vehicle, taking down the Brood as they go through it, and you know it'd be interesting to see and they didn't really do it, but the Brood infect trying to infect Omega Red. Omega Red is dead like he is not a living necessarily be so that would be interesting to see how that.
Speaker 1: Would have resulted.
Speaker 2: He and saber Tooth begin to fight before the latter explains that Wolverine's whole reason for coming down was just to get to the Adamantium back, and so Morph excepts that Wolverine lied to them, but shifts his argument to the fact that they need to stop the brood from going out the word and to come up with a plane to get Wolverine into the Adamandium Changer, which would kill the brood in him and allow him to survive. So Morph attempts to lower Wolverine by chamber by becoming Cyclops. So David, how does how does he taunt Wolverine.
Speaker 1: In a brood like state?
Speaker 4: And this, you know, as much as I love Cyclops, this was a hilarious just the way he took on Sydeclops and did his playful nature as only more of can. And he's taunting the masculine side of Wolverine like, Oh, if you don't come out, then you know everyone's gonna think you're weak. And you know what, I'm gonna have to tell Gene and what I do give her more smooches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, all right, just like Cyclaus, being the jerk that he is, he did everything shy of the old school elementary you know, put your hands on your shoulders and kind of like you're making out with someone.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: It was so childish but so funny.
Speaker 2: And the fact that they use you know, Cyclops is the actual voice actor for it, so you know, the voice matched. This just hilarious moment, you know, kind of like Loki transforming into Steve Rogers in you know, yeah Door. So, so the two longtime rivals begin to fight while Death Strike fights other brood. Eventually, Morph becomes himself again, tries to reason with Wolverine, referencing history with mister Sinister. Wolverine hesitates for a brief moment before stabbing Morph. And I didn't think that Morph was gonna die. That would have been a big kind of uh swing at that point. But you know, I appreciate him trying to probably Wolverine and be feeling guilty about it. And last did Sheppard. He transformed into the Gene, which causes Wolverine to pause. Dstrek pounces again, gets Wolverine to the Adamantium chamber to begin the infusion process. So Omega Read breaks into the room, killing dozens of brood in the process. He attacks dath Strike and Morph, who becomes Spider Man to evade the attack. So there's your next Spider Man ninety seven reference, of which you're never getting a show.
Speaker 5: That I would love that.
Speaker 2: The problem is, and we talked about this last season that because Friendly Neighborhood exists, and actually it's a pretty good show. I think that was one of our surprises of when that season came out, of how good that show was. Until Friendly Neighborhood ends, I they will probably not do as Spider Man ninety seven. There would be great, but I think that they do not want two animated shows competing with each other at that point.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, but it was cool to see Spider Man getting a Spider Man transformation, and just in time, Wolverine's infusion is complete. He emerges from the tank with adamantm clause doing that kind of homage to Wolverine Number one, saying I'm back Baby, slices through the brood, turning his attention to Mega Red, drops his old flow leaves him his team and the buildings about to explode. They get the jet and time and they're gonna Nukage for more, but the whole, the whole Weapon X goes up and hopefully incinerates the Brood. You know, I think this is the last we're gonna see the Brood for now. But this, this is the alien race that you could bring back if they go into space or anything like that. You don't need him invading Earth. But it was cool to kind of see you know, the Brood here and then the tussle with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a good choice of, you know, an overarching villain for the week that does not disrupt the story. So going into the next episode, we can get back to where we were with apocalypse and everything else and not have this looming well what happened with that guy and what happened.
Speaker 2: With this side story? It made it for a nice self contained moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: On the jet, Oliver and explains that he needed to get his claws back because he's best at being an animal with Claus, and Morph tells him that it makes him sad to hear because it leaves his friend to stare at the as his new clause and see the reflection of a killer. Now we've talked about this, you know, since you know, the last couple of episodes we've broken down and even last season. This is the show that is not going to dwell on. They're not going to do a whole season, big story arc from the comics. They're going to do it one episode typically maybe too if we're lucky. Do I wish Wolverine did not have his clause for maybe a his adamantium clause for the season?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: I really wish we would have dealt with more of what the comics dealt with, and I think they went too long with it in the comics. But the idea of his animalistic background, that his real mutation was what we saw briefly in the future, of what he was looking like and why that was coming to be. So I understand why do it just to get him back to what people like to see, the general audience like to see.
Speaker 1: But I would have liked to see.
Speaker 2: Him more a little bit going more with him trying to deal with only having bone claws.
Speaker 1: I don't know what do you both think of that?
Speaker 4: I thought it would have been better suited as a two parter or they did part of this episode than part of another episode, the same way where they did with Storm in the previous season, where she had a chunk of an episode to deal with her stuff, and then they brought it back later and had her where she you know, regained her powers, just spread it out a little bit, not that you know, he immediately knew, Okay, I got.
Speaker 1: To go do this one thing.
Speaker 2: We're going to sacrifice some people, but we're gonna get it done, and I'm gonna get my claws back now.
Speaker 6: Me personally, I love an overarching story. You know, I'm spoiled since I was a Justice League Unlimited. Yeahs man, I'm still a sucker for that. I love that, And I love it in TV shows too, where there's a through line through each episode and you're like, all right, you wait for the PAIOFF. So I wish the same thing with the X Men. But I got the same impression watching the first three episodes. I'm like, things are moving really fast. I don't think they're going to really break into like a Fatal Attractions whole storyline go because I remember reading or looking through it when I was a kid, and those like four issues with the hologram on the cover.
Speaker 5: Those were like the hottest things in the whole way world at the.
Speaker 1: Time, the nineties skimmick of the comics. I've got that.
Speaker 2: I've got each one of them. They're they're treasured to me. I don't care if there worth nothing to anyone else.
Speaker 1: But it was so cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Bear agrees with us make.
Speaker 2: Them devolve for a few more episodes that before bringing back to fully Powered by the finale. But you know, again, you know, the episode overall it was okay, like it was a cool to see these characters at this point, and you know, people could say, okay, it was a bottle episode.
Speaker 1: Okay, by technical it was.
Speaker 2: It more just advanced Wolverine's plot to get him back to where he was. But to what you're saying, David, that I think the rest of the season we're not going to have any anything. I think this was our bottle episode. There may be a chance for one more, but I think everything else is going to be relating back to the apocalypse storyline with that as well. So but we'll see now next week with episode six and but yeah, we're gonna take our first ad break before we can start breaking down the news.
Speaker 1: As you know listeners these ads hell.
Speaker 2: Keep the lights on the Geek Ultimate Alliance Network. We don't get to choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit loud to get you to do that three account before.
Speaker 1: They come on three to one. We'll be right back and we are back, all right.
Speaker 2: Well, as we said, you know, we're marching to San Dieg Comic Con next week. We're gonna you know, we'll we'll have we're looking to probably that. We know they're coming to hall Age. So we'll tell you next week when kind of what time We're gonna go live with the Geek Verse guys on Saturday next Saturday to kind of break down what's going on to hall Age.
Speaker 1: So stay tuned for that next week. But we get some.
Speaker 2: Trickle of rumor mills coming out. But first one is coming from Deadline that Michael Waldron is developing a Nova movie at Marvel Studios. So after rumors started spreading with potential Nova project from filming Michael Waldron last week, sources now tell Deadline that Chad Powers creator is developing a feature film around the comic character at Marvel Studios. Insider stress that the project is still in early stages. Of development, but that Waldron is on board to pen the script with an eye to directing the project if it moves forward. The studio has originally been developed in the comic as a TV show, with Severe Pizzada penning the script, but ultimately shelled the idea in twenty twenty five. Last week, the title came up again when Waldron's WGA card was leaked, with the project being listed as a credit, leading to the reveal that Waldron had been brought on to tackle a new pitch. So Nova is a character that one Beard in nineteen seventy six and Superadventures was a member of the Intergalactic Police noticed as the Nova Corp, for which he gained superhuman abilities and increased in strength, flight, and resistance injury. While the character didn't have many run ins with some of the main figures of current or past MCU, he did get some battles with the Scrolls, who have been major parts of the Marvel product not in really good projects, and as you know, Michael Waldrin has strong test to Marvel, going back to penning the hit Doctor Strange sequel Doctor Strange in Multi Verse of Madness. He also was a showrunner for Marvel's biggest TV show, low Ki, So Nova's always been this one. You know, we've seen the Nova Core in Guardians of the Galaxy. We have as deadline talks about this has been kicked around a little bit as a TV show. I'm very surprised that because, like they said in twenty last year, this was shelved like this was very publicly about the whole kind of Okay, we're going to be refocusing on proven properties that it's been fun experimenting at this point, but it has improven either in viewership, money, things like that. So we thought the Nova project is dead. So to hear it coming back not as a TV show, but Michael Waldron Penny a script and if it moves forward more than.
Speaker 1: Likely directing it. That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Now we have two maina Nova characters that are mainly known in the comics. We have Sam Alexander and Richard Ryder. Without having a idea of which direction to go, let's just go around the horn right now and kind of see what you both think about, like the idea of a Nova Core, a Nova centric movie, because that's what we're getting. It's not a TV show anymore, it's a movie. So what do y'all think about that.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for it. I know our friend Burnt is excited to see Nova.
Speaker 4: I I would like to know, like if they're going the Sam route or the Richard Rider route, because I believe that if you go to Richard Rider route then you have to get someone in their early thirties or so it's just no, we can't do you know, everyone's Golden Boy Glenn Pass starring in another movie, you know. But and if they go Sam Alexander, then you can go a little bit younger with that the person that when this first this broke a couple of days ago, I had someone in mind who was part of a different movie franchise, and I was like, Okay, I hope they get another shot. But now we also just got news then very next day that that person's coming back as a superhero as well. So now that's out the question for me of who would be Sam Alexander. But again, if you do that route, you get the more high school to early twenties route with Sam Alexander. So I think that there's more stories that they could do with Richard Ryder. But I also think that if they decide to go to Sam Route there it could be more relatable and more tie into some other superhero properties that they've got possibly in the works.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Brian, what are your thoughts on Nova becoming a movie?
Speaker 6: So Richard Ryder, that's who I'm I've warmed up to reading Annihilation in the midst of that, and I know he's in conquest a bit. That was one of the things that I thought that they fumbled in with the Guardians when they introduced and the uh, you know, the Novercoords, they.
Speaker 5: Didn't actually branch off to another movie.
Speaker 6: For him, because I think that could have been really cool when you know, when Infinity War started and they had already conquered uh that planet, the Novercore planet, what was it in?
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh, wow, that's in Thrising, So I guess there's no uh, there's no no records in in this universe yet, Like I would have much rather have seen him introduced than out of Warlock.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think a lot of us.
Speaker 2: That was even James Gunn I think regret he said, I wish I didn't do a post credit scene that forced me to introduce a character, and then I really wish it he didn't make him a joke.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: Wardlock is a top tier A list character, but definitely did not get the treatment as is. But yeah, it'll be interesting to see if a because like that, Like we've said before many times on the show, just because a thing is early development does not make it a sure thing. There are tons of projects and how thousands of projects that are in early development and never see the light of day, and you just hear, you hear the stories about this was the thing for a time and it never happened. So it'll be interesting to see kind of the backstory because as Zandar is gone, he would be you know, as he is and has been for a while in the comics. He is the last Nova. He is, he is the world mind, He is everything that is Novacore.
Speaker 1: So bears vote.
Speaker 2: He wants it to be Sam very badly to make a younger Avengers roster, even though I would love a Richard movie, especially if it leads to annihil. A. Yeah, I think Annihilation would be a cool idea to bring to the screen, especially involving the Fantastic Four as well. So we'll see about that, see what comes up again. Michael Waldron Loki Multiverse of Madness. You know, we is definitely a proven pedigree, and for a time he was writing I don't know if he was writing Doomsday or super Wars at that point, but he was tied to writing one of those before that project shifted. So next, our final store for the even final news store for the evening is Avengers Doomsday tickets to go on sale next week. Runtime has been revealed at least the initial runtime. So the domestic sales for Avengers Doomsday, a Hollywood reporter has learned, will go on sale July twentieth. Studio will open ticket sales five months early for only It's not gonna be wide.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be for theaters that have.
Speaker 2: The Infinity Vision screens because it is their large formatsignation. Because as we have talked about, Avengers Doomsday does not get IMAX screens until January at the earliest because Dune has locked those down, which is wondering why, you know, that's some big money they're missing out on. So they have created Infinity Vision, so whatever the heck that is. So those those will be the specific tickets that will be going on sale right now.
Speaker 1: So that's about you know.
Speaker 2: I had to look up which I luckily have a theater nearby that is not when I usually go to, but to see it, you know, to get the tickets for this one. Yeah, I'll probably tempted to do it, but the ticket sale has come with the runtime, at least right now. The run time as of right now is two hours and forty five minutes, not in final cut. The film has not been locked, so changes could occur, but selling tickets on a set schedule means that the film's runtime can only change by a very small margin. So at one hundred and sixty five minutes, the film would be longer than Infinity War, which is one hundred and forty nine minutes, but shorter than Endgame, which is one hundred and eighty one minutes. Disney will also offer Infinity Vision tickets for the re released of Endgame on September twenty fifth, titled Avengers Endgame Encore.
Speaker 1: That's awful.
Speaker 2: That's an awful title if I've ever heard one. I didn't realize they titled it like that. That's terrible. And Endgame is the second highest grossing movie of all time at two point eight billion dollars globally, coming just behind two thousand and nine Avatar. Marvel has declined to comment on this officially, but as we've said, Marvel is returning to Hall H, probably obviously promoting Doomsday and some other things. So question for you all, are you going to jump on tickets for this Infinity Vision when they were supposedly released next week? And what do you think about this close to close to understanding of this rap time, I mean this runtime.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna jump tickets. I looked it up.
Speaker 4: You know, you and I were talking the other night and I looked up. So it's it's about five minutes from me of a theater. It's not my normal theater that I go to. I'm an AMC A List member, so I prefer to go to AMC theaters, but this one is closer to me. My thing is normally Brent and I go to these movies together. So I'm gonna have to convince Brent to come out my way because the theater that we normally go to is literally two minutes from his house. And now he's gonna be the one making the drive. Man up, Man up, Friend up, Let go.
Speaker 2: So I will get the tickets Brent. If you just show yourself on my side of town.
Speaker 1: There you go. It calls been out at that point. What about you, Brian, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: Dave?
Speaker 6: Are you gonna be like hey, walk in and be like hey, do you all have the the.
Speaker 1: The the Infinity Vision?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Look at you? Like what? Or I this is the first I heard of the.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, So Kevin fig come out of kill. It was a couple of months ago. I can't remember where it was at specifically, maybe it was CinemaCon that he put out this idea that they're going to be in this Infinity Vision and this is to counter not being an Imax screens until January.
Speaker 6: Do you do you guys really think that they'll hold that date as opposed to just move in a few weeks later for.
Speaker 1: Uh, that they're gonna they're gonna hold it. They're holding it.
Speaker 2: It's it's too far down the pipeline of marketing.
Speaker 1: They're they're gonna hold it. They they had a chance. They did.
Speaker 2: There was a time when it was coming out that they lost Imax screens that they weren't going to get until January. There was that possibility. Now as the point of no return. I think this is a game of chicken, and I think in the yes as that are there across fan bases with Dune and Avengers.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: However, I think Avengers leans more that you're not gonna take your family to Doune, let's be honest, June three, I don't see that being especially around Christmas. Sign that's not the movie families are going to go see. Necessarily, you're not gonna get. You're not gonna get the kids going to see that. I think that's where I think the slight edge goes to Avengers. But it is still a gamble because that is tickets lost in sense of sales that they may not get. So it's going to be very very interesting to see when this goes down at that point, and it will probably see exactly whether Avengers gets to a billion at that point. You comment in the chat saying, still a large run time for a series of movie premiere remember back when we were kids and just getting a full length feature film with a big deal.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but so.
Speaker 2: It's not Imax, it's whatever this Infinity vision is. Does this tempt you to get tickets right now?
Speaker 6: So for me, no, And I'm a type guy even when Infinity War came out an endgame, I didn't pre order the tickets.
Speaker 5: I just, you know, like when they went on sale.
Speaker 6: Like, oh, they're going until right now, and then everybody jumps in the queue. I would just you know, get my fan dango up and be like, all right, I'll see in the movie in like eight more days, nine more days, and let me deserve the ibags or whatever. So I'm really curious to see how this shakes out, because going head to head with Dune, you know, Dune is more present on everybody's hearts and minds, especially with the nosedive Marble tucks, So this will be fascinating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely gonna be interesting. Bear says, I'm not going to do to the fact that he doesn't have a theater near him that has his Infinity Vision.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I haven't even heard of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's like, I'm gonna be curious to see a if this is true. I mean, it's deadline, so it's kind of basically an a tier. If they're putting it out there that they they've gotten word, it's it's pretty close to being true.
Speaker 6: Did they mentioned what theater's Chris? Did they say like, hey, Regal and AMC will have it.
Speaker 2: Or no, they just said because for me it's an AMC theater. I don't usually go to that AMC theater for many reasons of like where it is.
Speaker 1: It's not necessarily it's.
Speaker 2: In them all that eh doesn't have the best track record when it comes to safety. But I go to a Regal theater, so it's not at that theater. I'll have to go to the AMC theater for that. So I will see exactly A if the tickets do go and say on the twentieth and B how much is it going to cost, Like if we're talking like it's gonna be like fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: No, sorry, I'll I'll wait.
Speaker 2: I'll wait till official tickets and I'll go to my Regal theater and get it for a discount. So I'll be very interested to see what this Infinity Vision is going to cost for the point of entry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, according to their website, there are seventy five certified Infinity Vision theaters in the US and even globally seventy five.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's small. That's really really small.
Speaker 4: So they they may be just banking on the fact that people don't care about the the Infinity Vision versus the Imax, and they're gonna just see it regardless. Because when it comes to Imax versus like the true Imax, there are a lot less that are the true Imax theaters and those that just say that they you can view it in Imax format versus ones that are like the true Imax theater. So it may be a situation where you know, they're just banking that people don't care enough about that, or they're going to see it regardless. Kid smashing saying, but how will my children learn about mankind shaking its more mortal form and achieving in humanism if I don't take them to see Doude Messiah. You bring up a very valid point, and I are I like the humor on that.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: But the other thing is usually when you get a ticket release like this, are we getting a trailer?
Speaker 1: If it's July twenty, that is before.
Speaker 2: San Diego Comic Com begins, and I think we're all expecting there to be some sort of trailer at San Diego coma Com for Doomsday, the first official trailer that hopefully will not just be in San Diego that they were released later so we have someone to.
Speaker 1: Break down and talk about. But I don't I be.
Speaker 2: Very surprised if they do put a trailer out with these tickets or a. I could see them doing like a very tease for San Diego, a small little snippet of a you know, a true teaser, like thirty seconds to say these tickets are now on sale. I do not see a full trailer going. I think they're going to say that for San Diego. I think it would be a huge misstep if they put a full trailer up before San Diego.
Speaker 6: Well what about the runtime, you guys see that's enough time for all those characters, because that makes me think like maybe they'll have the X Men die off from the first like twenty minutes of the movie.
Speaker 1: Or Oh, I don't think you're wrong in that. I don't think you're wrong in that.
Speaker 6: It's like, then how do you include everybody and pick it up? Though they did great in my opinion, yeah, it's the whole game.
Speaker 4: I think unless you're having major mid movie emotional beats, then you can get away with it. Because like Infinity War, it it had its moments, but it's it's big moment. The talk about moment comes at the end, so it didn't need that length, where Endgame had twenty years of we got to tie this up.
Speaker 2: We got to tie this up. We have to set this up for the next phase. We have to do this and then still have that big emotional climax in there, and then the long ass ending of it, because you know, you got to do the nods to all the actors with the signatures and everything.
Speaker 4: So you know, start to finish. Yes, in Game needed longer in order to tell its story.
Speaker 1: I think that can.
Speaker 4: Considering that there is going to be Doomsday and then there is going to be secret wars and they're already forward planning, I think they can fit it in within this runtime.
Speaker 2: And I'll Kevin Fagy said something I won't say right now because it is definitely a big it's a spoiler for a character and their presence in doomsday.
Speaker 1: How big of a.
Speaker 2: Presence they're going to be. I take it back in it'scuna be a brand new day and their presence leading into doomsday, how big of a character they're going to be in a presence in there.
Speaker 1: I think with.
Speaker 2: What they're going to be doing with Doomsday and making sure understanding what it is. We have not seen Doom outside of a end credit scene in Fantastic four. We haven't even seen dooms fay if you've seen it more in marketing and things like that.
Speaker 1: But Kevin Figgy did say that.
Speaker 2: They will excas the Russo's that we're saying that there will be an explanation for why Doctor Doom has Tony looks like Tony Stark. There will be an explanation that will be clear. So we have to take him at face value. I'll trust you. I'll trust the Russo brothers in a sense when it comes to the Marvel movies because they they do. They have proven them so great work outside of Marvel that's very mixed bag at that point. So but again they not just because we have a show. We're gonna break this down. I'm very curious. Doctor June is one of my favorite villains of all time in Marvel. So let's let's bring it on.
Speaker 5: What about what about your excitement level? Like what in the height of Infinity.
Speaker 6: War in the endgame, Like I was right there, I was so geeked, Like I'm interested and I'm intrigued, but I'm more excited for Doom, whereas this is kind of like, yeah, I'll go see you when it comes out, But I'm not like, oh my god, I need to go see it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be in the theater wearing Cyclops advisors.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 5: I want to see he's gonna have.
Speaker 1: Leg belts and everything.
Speaker 2: I've won the visor on the show before. I may go for the cosplay. I'm just saying it might happen, just even if they are killed within the first act.
Speaker 1: Pre Psycholops caused the destruction of the.
Speaker 4: X Will that we saw from the little teaser trailer of The X Men. Combined that seeing that on the big screen, I'm just here for it. I'm here for that drop down Jan Knees shoot the optic blast into this guy.
Speaker 1: Put it in my veins.
Speaker 2: Yes, for me, I'm a very passive Dune fan. Like I've never read the books. I mean, I could say that a lot of things, but like I've never read the books, I've the movies. They're they're made like Danny belle Neuve, amazing director, cinematography great, the acting is great in it. But I've never had a strong connection to these series as as much so my to answer your question about excitement in comparison to it's an apples and oranges kind of thing. So Avengers went down in that to answer you in the sense of kind of what you just said, Like Infinity War Endgame, you were all in. That's because they did a good job building towards this moment. In what they did this one, it is not the same hype level. It is more curiosity and how are they going to land this rickety plane that was Phases four, five, and six. To bring it in for a conclusion, it will not be a satisfying conclusion. I'm not saying it's going to blow up an explode. I think it's going to be a conclusion to to say these movies.
Speaker 1: Were good, like I hope both of them are good.
Speaker 2: When I say, I don't think it's going to be a satisfying conclusion four phases four or five and six because it hasn't been a good Phase four or five and six.
Speaker 1: It has been very disjointed. There are some.
Speaker 2: Really really great highs and there are some hard hitting lessons that they they are taking to learn that I hope that they that they move forward with the next the next stage, which will be the mutant saga.
Speaker 1: So go X Men.
Speaker 5: So but can I raise one more thing? Yeahs the X Men.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Did you guys see I saw it on an X earlier I think it was today Larry Houston came out and said that X Men ninety seven. He said, we're we think we can run it between five and nine seasons, for five and ten seasons.
Speaker 5: Did you guys see that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've seen it.
Speaker 2: It's it's one of those that because Brad Windenbaum has said that the idea also they want one season to come out every single year. That will be great, but we also know animation has a lot of moving parts to it that that make that's very It's hard to do if you are not hitting the ground ahead of time.
Speaker 6: Sure, but my my concern, let me know if you guys agree or or disagree. I'm concerned that they're going to do what they did to the Earth's mightiest heroes and be like, all right, this is good, but now we've got to bring it into the cinematic universe and have it looked like what's on the screen again, and then it goes from like X Men ninety seven to like X Men X. You know, newtant Saga twenty seven or something.
Speaker 2: I I have faith in Kevin Figi right now because he was there in the beginning of The X Men, because he was on he was part of the original movies at that point when they were first coming in. And I think if we've all kind of talked about it in the idea that if Kevin Figi is getting ready to eventually retire from Marvel Studios as being the head of Marvelo Studios. He's never hinted at that, but you know, I think we're seeing the writing on the wall. I think of all the things he wants to bring in and put his stamp on before he leaves, it's going to the X Men. I have faith that of all the properties that are getting ready to happen, this is one that he is going to take very special interest to. And I think that I have faith they're going to do it right and do it with justice.
Speaker 1: So I have.
Speaker 5: Including the cartoon or just.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's I think they're going to keep them separate, and I think that's where they should be.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because Bo de Mayo, you know, like last year he made it like fig was so jealous of the success they were having and we don't.
Speaker 1: Listen to anything.
Speaker 2: I think, I think there's some what I'll say about b Tomeo's this, I think that they're with everything. I don't believe everything that he's saying, nor do I believe everything that the studio is saying and has put out. I think there's some truth on both sides and some things that were wrong on both sides. Not in the room, not being a lawyer in the room at that point, I think this is going to be very interesting to see whenever this lawsuit gets settled, how it's going to be and what eventually comes out. But I BO has a right to stand on like what he was in doing in the room and how much he I mean, we can't deny, I mean the studio can't deny him in the sense of like what he was responsible for. And we've already seen his name attached to a couple of the episodes at that point for writing.
Speaker 1: So I it's just I always.
Speaker 2: Have red flags come up when you are very much becoming very grandiose.
Speaker 1: In certain things.
Speaker 2: Are how much truth is that or how much tooting of your own horn.
Speaker 1: Is exaggeration versus the truth?
Speaker 2: Again, I'm not saying everyone's got to be humble about certain things, you know it. Don't hate the player, hate the game. But sometimes, as I'll take a line from the show Hamilton, there's somebody to be said about talking less small more. There are times for being grandiose, and there are times to say like, hey, I did this, there's ways to do it.
Speaker 1: I don't like how much he's doing it in a certain way. He's not been out there as much this season. Yeah, very much. Yeah much.
Speaker 2: He has moments, but I think there were times last season where he did a good job of putting certain things out there, and there were times like, uh, I get they've wronged you, but it's also not a good look.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just I just hope that, you know, egos don't get in the way and they try to cancel it and bring it into like what's in the movies, because x N ninety seven is so enjoyable, it's so much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that. I think they're going to keep them separate and just to keep it like that. So but all right, So that is all the news we got for this week. So we're going to take our final ad break before we get listener feedback, David's Factor Fictions and then comic book Clubs. So as you always know, listeners, the these these ads help keep the lights on the gig Ultimate Alliance Network. We don't get to choose what ads come on. They could be a bit loud to give a three count before they come on. Three to one will be right back and we are back. So, uh, listener question, we had one come in this week, So David, why didn't you put the question into the chat?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: So question from Phil Barker. Do you think X twenty three is likely to be introduced after the events of this episode?
Speaker 1: What do y'all think?
Speaker 4: I am gonna say, yes, I think that we will have some form of introduction of X twenty three. I don't know if we're going to get like a full moment or just a cameo as part of a setup for an ongoing into next season. But I think the events of him getting his Adamantium back, we will get X twenty three.
Speaker 6: I see like I think that maybe Morph will transform into Laura and you know X twenty three, and you'll get a hint at her maybe like in that way, and it'll spark like, oh, that that did happen when they actually do introduce it, but I don't know if they're going to do.
Speaker 5: It this season.
Speaker 2: I think X twenty three would be great kind of with the idea that I don't think it's going to happen this season, but I think they've done a very good job of trying of bringing in fan favorite characters. And yes, even though X twenty three didn't get introduced until much later as coming in.
Speaker 1: From well, it was Wolverine and the X and X Men evolution.
Speaker 2: I can't remember which one she was introduced into, and they got brought into the comics when a very not not so very good introduction at that point. We'll leave it at that. But the character itself I think is worthy of being the introduction. So but hey, I'm here for Sex twenty.
Speaker 1: Three at level ORKINNY. So yeah, but it was evolution. Thank you, drogo.
Speaker 2: All right, so let us move on to Factor fiction. So, uh, mister NS and I forgot to thank mister Hines for stepping in for me last week when I was on vacation. So thank you Travis for stepping in for me last week. These were from him. Factor Fiction number one Wolverine will get as Adamantium skeleton back in the next two seasons of X Men ninety seven. Eighty nine percent said fact, eleven percent said fiction. I think we all are not even gonna put it to you, Brian on what you stand.
Speaker 1: We just we just went over that.
Speaker 2: So number two, Magneto will return in X Men ninety seven, eighty eight percent said fact, twelve percent said fiction. What do you think Magneto is gone? Magneto has been killed by apocalypse? Will he return in any future of.
Speaker 1: X Men ninety seven? I say yes, okay, all right, so we get a.
Speaker 2: Fact, yeah, all right, last one, we will get another Avengers cameo in this season of X Men ninety seven. So we had Black Widow and Captain America show up in the last episode at the end. Will we get others? Ninety one percent said fact, nine percent said fiction. What do you think Brian Wire getting another quick Avengers cameo this season?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: And I loved how all the nerds geeked out on that from that cover.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that that's a very miscover.
Speaker 2: So all right, David, what do you got for us this week for your factor fictions? Okay, so one of them is actually, uh, it came to me as I was reading the notes and reading about the the nova coming out, and I made a joke earlier, and my joke does lead to my fact of fiction, and that is Hollywood's favorite current semi young actor, Glenn Powell, will appear within one of the next three Marvel movies.
Speaker 1: I made a joke about earlier.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling he's one of those people who they're like, we got to get him in here somehow, some way.
Speaker 5: What do you think, Brian, Yeah, I think that's a high probability. You know, DC's had their chance to cast him as Booster Gold. We've all seen those rumors in the past couple of years.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I could definitely see that, probably within the next even shorter time.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I think so I could see that.
Speaker 2: I mean I could see it. I mean just because he's he's the end thing. I I don't know what we could I mean there there are obviously certain ideas at that point, but we'll just see. Because I I think it was him. I really do think it was him that I see. Now I'm stepping on back because I'm just thinking about interviews that he's done and he has been very much on record that these these franchises don't interest him and so but when you say that, you say that, and a lot of times it just takes the right script, the right person, things like that. I mean again, he very famously when he auditioned for to be Goose Goose's son and Topgun Maverick, he didn't get it, and he was offered the part he was offered and actually walked away from it because he was very much he didn't feel it and took Tom Cruise come and note this. I think you're gonna be great in this. I think this is why this is what more of this character than you think. And it kind of put him on the map at that point. So he says that now I respect it. He does not care for getting into DC and Marvel and these kind of big franchises at this point.
Speaker 1: But you never know. So I'm gonna say fiction for right now, but never say never.
Speaker 5: That's easy, that's that's easy to say. Yeah, yeah, money talks and everything else walks, right.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I have a feeling the right if if they offer him a lead character, like a someone who is who is going to be a central figure and not just they throw away.
Speaker 1: I I think we will see him.
Speaker 5: Glenn Powell is, hey, there.
Speaker 1: We go, So all right, what's the next one? All right?
Speaker 4: My next one is And this ties into our post credits as well. An X Men actor will be officially announced at San Diego Comic Con.
Speaker 2: Man, We've had like a lot of these kind of aroundabout in some ways that it might might be a repeat of a Factor fiction or something like that, or or changeover. So all right, do you think, Brian, are we going to get an X Men announcement of any cast member officially at San Diego Comic Con?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Absolutely, no questions asked.
Speaker 1: I'll be a controller to say no.
Speaker 2: I do not think we're I don't think we're the reason I've said this is I've said this before a couple of times in.
Speaker 1: The show that I do not think the X Men where.
Speaker 2: I think they're gonna they will wait till next year because I think they want to really kind of separate the whole idea, especially if the Fox era of X Men is gonna be introduced, is gonna be their quote unquote swan song. I'm not saying they're all gonna be wiped out and now gonna have any presence in Secret Wars, but the fact that the movie has not even been it hasn't been finished written yet. We have a director, we have a writer and team. At that point, we're not even close to that. If it is believed that Sadie Sink is a X Men character, if you're looking at chat you can see what the the rumor is. I won't count that as an official announcement. I think what you're saying is David is someone beyond that character that Sadie Sinc is linked to. I think you're looking for more or of a different like here's your cyclops, here's your professor X something like that. I think that is more of a possibility for next year San Diego coom versus this year. I think it is all doomsday this year. I do not think we're gonna get any official announcement for X Men right now.
Speaker 4: I feel with the current rumors floating around, we might just get that.
Speaker 2: Person's official announcement. But I don't see like I don't see any of the X Men proper. I could see a villain announcement rather than the actual lineup of the X Men.
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, well, we'll love to see, we'll wait. We'll have a week to wait. So all right, what's your last one?
Speaker 2: Okay, so, speaking of X Men, both Charles and Magneto will die in Doomsday.
Speaker 1: So one more time we's dying. Both Charles and Magneto will die in Doomsday.
Speaker 4: This is the official, Sir Patrick, Sir Ian, I'm sorry, sorry about it, but here's your official.
Speaker 2: Goodbye, dead dead for died a lot, not getting his next snapped in an alternate dream reality type deal or anything else like this is dead dead or not getting blown away but then later revealed that his consciousness is in someone else's body.
Speaker 1: We're not doing it. This is dead dead, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Brian, What do you think are we seeing the final end of those two characters?
Speaker 6: I think those two actors, but I think they're going to do something wacky with the cosmic cub or something, and someone else is going to be cuss. But definitely those two actors are signing on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I I could see one of them not making it to Secret Wars.
Speaker 1: I don't see both of them not making it to Secret Wars. I think they're there.
Speaker 2: There's something to be said, because then it just especially with Professor X, it just comes off of as me worthy, It's like, oh great, he's dead again. Sure, you know, I think it would be more surprising if he if of all the two of the two Professor X does make it out of Doomsday and will be present in Secret Wars. You know, I think that'll be the more jokingly shocked.
Speaker 5: So man Man asked a quick question, remember what was it? Was it at the end of the Wolverine when.
Speaker 6: You know he he wakes up and all of a sudden, everybody's alive again, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that was a day of future past.
Speaker 6: Ever explained how they came back to life, because I remember being so pissed when I watched X three. I've only watched that one time.
Speaker 1: I think it's just because that.
Speaker 2: Tommy wymye they didn't get mystique Mystique captured and did the whole Nimrod thing at that point. So, yeah, the looseness of as David said, Tommy Wyman, Wibbley wobbly x men cannon is all over the place.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So it's not like I missed I missed the connection.
Speaker 2: No, And I think from what we're either hearing or what we kind of theorized to I think that this these X Men are from that kind of days of future past, kind of recorrection of the timeline. So all right, so I will put those out there on Sunday afternoon. We have some people weighing actually in the chat about some of the factor of fixtions. Uh. Yes, too early to recast Marvel Studios and Kevin fig should not go doing what James Gun did when he came to recasting characters like he did in DC. I think as far as live action goes, they will wait wait for the ten year mark to announce the reboot of Live Action X Men.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean Live Action X Men. That's that's happening that they they is happening.
Speaker 4: They he verified that not only in recent various announcements, but it also after the Marvels where they have the scene with beasts coming back like it. It's been verified they the Mutants saga is.
Speaker 1: Going to be a thing.
Speaker 2: That is also why people are so heavy on the Sadie Sinkish Gene Gray thing, and that's where that's going to be our tie in, our jump in and things like that.
Speaker 1: And they've done other.
Speaker 2: Things to reintroduce the mutants. So it's it's going to be a thing, and Hugh Jackman will be here until he's ninety ninety yep, and the last one in three universes are going to merge together in Doomsday, the MCU, the Fantastic four Universe, and the x MEUNI yeap, hey, anything can happen. So but all right, so that will have those posted on Sunday afternoons to let your voice be heard with that, And Brian, I know you didn't read this, so you're welcome to kind of stick around and hang. At that point, we are going into compook club for we're looking at the Other from Amazing from Spider Man way back when We're looking at Other Part two Marvel Knight Spider Man number nineteen. So, David, why don't you kind of break it down? This is a Mary Jane very specific comic.
Speaker 4: That, yes, this is This is told from the majority of Mary Jane's perspective, and it starts off with her reading the newspaper. As we saw in the last issue, uh Peter accidentally attacked Ja Jonah Jameson's limo while chasing down the tracer. So now you know it's she's sitting at one of her stage shows and she's trying to figure out, you know, why is Peter doing the way he's doing, Why is he acting the way he's acting? And then we get a flashback to her playing pool with Captain America. And I do think that there was a funny line in here that that doesn't get expounded on much afterwards. But you know, when she's asked him why does he do the things that she does? Ask him if he's seen a musical, The Man of le Mancha and it's about Don Quixote, and he says, I'm not much for musical and she says, I guess that proves you're straight, and he just stops. He goes, how does that prove? And she just quickly moves on. I'm like, so, is there rumors in the Avengers mansion? Like, is is someone out here wondering? Like because they don't see him womanizing? What's going on? But that was a funny moment.
Speaker 2: That that was a very I thought it was cringe worthy back then. I'm kind of surprised being at Peter David saying that I was writing that, I was kind of surprised that that line was sad.
Speaker 4: It it comes it comes out of nowhere, and there's there's no expounding on her reasoning for thinking this like this do others. It's never been hinted at or you never heard anyone joking about it. It's just a random throwaway line. And it is funny to me that they just threw this in there without any excellent a shouldn't then just skip right over it afterwards?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, but yeah, no, I I as a whole you know, you have Morland kind of lurking in the background, kind of like almost at some points protecting Mary Jane as getting like people trying.
Speaker 1: To go after her at that point.
Speaker 2: But it is interesting seeing the from her perspective of dealing with Peter's you know, going after the villains, you know, iron Man suit getting taken over and he's having to fight him and things like that. But how she's ends up saving the bar from being.
Speaker 1: You know, shot up.
Speaker 2: It was okay, but all in all, I think, you know, the end of the issue being that the revelation that he's he has we still don't know what, but something is affecting him and his abilities and may he may be dying, and that's kind of how we end So hopefully, I hope that part three will pick up a little bit, because this one was just kind of a meh it.
Speaker 1: It was very much mad.
Speaker 2: I think the crowning moment of this would be either her bar fight or her talking to Peter and saying that, you know, she's figured out the reason that he does what he does is because of his guilt of Uncle Ben, and she feels like he just wants to die and be with him. And that's when Peter says, Nope, I don't want that at all. In fact, I'm scared of death and shows her the paper that he has from doctor Castillo, where we don't know what it says. We just know that they have a moment and you know, they embrace, and that's the end of the episode.
Speaker 1: Are the end of the issue? I do so.
Speaker 4: Next we are going into Amazing Spider Man issue five twenty five for part three of the other the Evolver Die.
Speaker 2: Yes, so all right, so we will get into that next and you know volume eight three or four in the books. Again, Brian, we want to thank you for joining us this week. Really really appreciate it and you're time, but take a minute to uh tell people how they can follow you and plug your channel all right.
Speaker 6: I met Brian P. Brewster on x Twitter whatever you like to call it these days. Brian with an I by the way, and she hands dead Comics s h e e h A n is Dead Comics.
Speaker 5: Check me out and.
Speaker 6: We'll have a couple of new videos coming up shortly, probably Christopher pretty soon, maybe a couple other guys. So thank you very much for listening, thank you very much for joining, and thank you for.
Speaker 2: Having me absolutely absolutely David. Help people how they can follow you. You can follow me on all Socials at the Phantom. You can follow me here on the g Versus Network as part of our wrestling show The Gimmick, where we review wrestling, we talk about wrestling, we play wrestling video games together. We are doing our playthrough of w W two K twenty six with our my GM mode. We just had our draft full are our points for our ww draft that we do for The Gimmick and everything. So yet, if you're into wrestling, you can follow me over here on the geek Versus Network with s Bubbs and Travis Nell for that yes, and you can catch me in all the socials at Chris Balga. You can follow this show on Twitter at Marvel a podcast. You can email the show at Marvel Liones Podcast at gmail dot com. I follow the Gigle's Mien Alliance Network on Twitter at guapod network. Feel free Today, tweet, email from ue, divide, feedback, ask questions. Dms are open and all socials.
Speaker 1: Continue to rate.
Speaker 2: Review the Marvel Line solo feed on outfle Podcast, Spotify, Amazon Music.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcast will greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you all for joining us live in the chat. Thank you all for listening. Stay safe out there everyone, and a stand the man would say, excelsior.
Speaker 1: True believers.
Speaker 2: All right, guys. Post credits discussion tonight talking about X men, the rumor mills, the castings, everything. It kind of lit up this week, starting with scuber madness. Again, these are anything can happen. People can be throwing stuff at the wall, trying to get trying to get traction or clicks, anything like that. But it's worth worth kind of discussing and hearing thoughts. So Scooper my time to shine. Hello, put out there that Scoop. We have our first casting for the MCU x ME and reboots. Sources have told her or him whoever they are that Adam Driver has been cast as a villain other Scooper apocalypt Horseman came followed this up by saying I can actually corroborate this.
Speaker 1: He's playing Magneto.
Speaker 2: But then later a couple of hours ago he she or they have come back on that one saying that they were wrong.
Speaker 1: It is actually mister Sinister.
Speaker 2: A few literally hour after that, NeXT's point News has now called an exclusive saying that sources have told their sources have said Adam Driver is a villain and it was playing who was it bully?
Speaker 1: Was it trask? No? Why is it escaping me right now? But it's it's not trash William.
Speaker 2: Striker, WILLIAMS Striker, that'sho it was. I couldn't remember it top by it so William Striker. All right, So we'll get back to Adam Driver. But here are some of the other casting also. Uh. They were saying that Bill Scar's Guard is in talks to possibly be considered for Professor X among a handful of actors. They're aiming to cast a young per a younger actor for Professor X. Cooper Hoffman is in the mix for Cyclops, but not the only choice. So any of these things if you want to, we can focus on Driver whatever. Like Adam Driver, the most consistent thing we can say is two things one and talks to be a villain of some sort, whether it be Magneto Sinister Striker. I think Williams Striker is the most boring choice for for an actor like Adam Driver. I think he is much more can be done like that. And this also points to the rumors before Fantastic Forecasting he was in the running and talked about a lot for being in the running for mister Fantastic. However, they could not agree to the money terms and so that is why he walked away from that along with Margot Robbie. So he's back in this one. So being a villain, which one is it? Don't know what do y'all think about this these ideas? Who would you like to see Adam Driver any of these choices or another villain stands out to that he could take on.
Speaker 1: If I had to.
Speaker 4: Go between these choices, it would definitely be sinister for me. I think that he his voices Cadence would be great for that as well as you know, if they decide to do something where they alter the face, you know, for the white skin and everything else.
Speaker 2: He he is very good with emoting, with his voice and with his mannerisms, and so I think that that would be a good pick. When I heard Magneto at one point, I wasn't totally against it, but I also wasn't for it.
Speaker 4: Like I said, Adam Drivers is a great actor. But I also think that man, the gravity of the Magneto role is you either need to have someone who is young, and you need to have someone who is young and hungry to prove themselves, or you need to have someone who is confident enough that can just be like, look, I'm just coming here to do what I gotta do. I don't give a damn what the public says. I know a lot of people were also mad when this came out because they're like, well, he's not Jewish. I'm like, neither has the last two actress been. Michael Fastbender wasn't certain, McKellen wasn't so, and they both did phenomenal jobs. So I don't think that is a prerequisite as long as you honor the heritage of Magneto.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Brian?
Speaker 6: I second everything you said, Dave, but especially the part of him being a good mister Sinister. He could bring some of that Kylo rend energy to that. I think it'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had Droga in the chats, and yeah Sinistor makes more sense. But what if he's the blah Well, that'd be interesting too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I I when I first heard him out, the rumors had been for a while Mister Sinister before a Driver was kind of hinted towards this. The rumor for mister Sinister would be the first villain of the new X Men at that point, which would be very interesting being that Jean Gray and Cyclist being focal points of the team as well.
Speaker 1: I love original Sinistre.
Speaker 2: I also love Sassy Sinister that was introduced in the Kurcoa era of X Men. I think he could go both with this and find some balance. But like you said, how he carries himself as an actor, but also his voice is Kadence, things like that.
Speaker 1: I think he'd be great as Sinister. Magneto good.
Speaker 2: I think it's okay if we step away from Magneto at least for the first film and do something a little different. If if Kevin Figy is all about making a not doing the same old, same old that we've seen, especially after we're seeing Goodbye to Ian McKellen's portrayal of the character of Magneto. I think we can safely put Magneto off for at least one film as being a focal point, maybe being in it, but not being the focal point. I don't know, but yeah, let's see Adam Driver being mister sinister.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: And as mister Snell put in our group chat a bit ago, saying that this proves one thing that wherever the Scoopers are getting these things, Disney's doing some let's just throw stuff out there to see what gains traction, to just mess with everyone in say like, you guys have no idea what we're gonna do. Maybe one of you got it right, but some of you are gotting it very off base.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I like Nexus Point News. They have a good track record. I think this one. I don't know if I would have put this one out there just because I think it's the one that people are like.
Speaker 1: That doesn't get anyone excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do see a scenario where Marvel is purposely flooding with fake news in order to kind of hide somewhere in the middle of that, what's really going on. If you got five or six things to speculate on, then it's easier to sneak past something that might be happening.
Speaker 2: But all right, well, we will see what happens when any of these rumors. We'll be back at you next week for episode six of X Men ninety seven as we march towards Comic Con, and we hope you have a good weekend ahead and a good week as well, and catch y'all later.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, see, So we're off