Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you Boston's Radio.
Speaker 2: All right. We have reached the end of another week here on Nightside. It is Friday night, and I gotta tell you it has been a tough week, a long week, and we will take a couple of days and rest and relax. It's the subjects we covered this week, a lot of them were tough. I'm not going to go over everything we cover this week, just going to hit some of the highlights. Normally I will tell you about the eight o'clock hours. The one I do want to mention is the Mike Timlin event tomorrow on in Hopkins in the former Red Sox relief pitcher. This full world series rings great guy in a great interview on Wednesday night, talked with him about his effort to do the twenty second annual event in honor of his mom. Asked away from a als that's at Hopkin in High School tomorrow morning. It's a great time at a great event, and I hope, I hope you take an opportunity to get out there, particularly if you live in anywhere in that area. We dealt with a lot of different issues. As we're just hitting on some of the bigger issues. We talked about the judge Shelley Joseph hearing in front of the Judicial Commission, Massachusetts Judicial Commission here in Massafona, here in the Bay State. Talked about the LA riots on Monday night. Tuesday night, talked about mass and casts for a couple of hours that situation has not gotten any better, that's for sure. Talked about more reaction to the LA riots as well. Then on Wednesday night, we talked with a representative of the Pioneer Institute about the fact that our situation in Massachusetts economically, for the macro economic perspective, is not great and it has not gotten better in our recent years. We have falling behind other states. You can read that Pioneer Institute article. We talked with Dave Paleologus, the Great Poster, about a poll that he has taken here in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire and found that not only has Donald Trump's popularity diminished, but Democrats also their popularity is diminished. So maybe people are getting just tired of politicians. We talked with Scott Kerman. He wrote a book about Mike Dukaucus, former governor of Massachusetts and presidential candidate called the Duke. And then last night we talked with the shorty Phil Cracy about Phil Tracy, about the Karen Reid case. We talked to that for a couple of hours. Also then broke off and talked about Israel, and both of those subjects what we spent most of tonight talking about. So, without any further ado, I would like to get to our twentieth hour topic tonight. Look, today is Friday, the third tee. I could easily do I use superstitious, but I don't want to do that. I want to give you a chance to salute your favorite father. I say favorite father, I really mean your favorite dad. It might be your own dad living or passed on, or it could be your father in law. It could be if you have a son who is now has children of his own. It could be a favorite aunt. It could be a favorite uncle, excuse me, a favorite uncle who you feel particularly close to. The good part about this is, as you know, everything on Nightside is placed up on Nightside and demand that is our podcast website, I guess for lack of a better term, and you can go there. Rob will have tonight's programs posted. Tonight's hours posted sometime probably by two or three o'clock this morning, before Rob goes home for a well deserved rest. Rob was off a couple of days this weekend, but he's kind of had a tough week too, so we hope he gets some good rest this weekend. And the good thing about it is you can actually anytime tomorrow or Sunday on Father's Day, play your tribute to your favorite father. Simil as that. So I'm going to open up the lines, and I know what happens often here is that everybody waits and then finally they get some courage up and they're calling at eleven forty five. Please don't do that. Give you time to talk about your favorite father. All of us only have well most of us only have one father. Some of us have more. Some children have a dad who passes away and they have a stepdad or whatever, so whomever it might be, I had one dad who was a dad who grew up during the Depression, fought in World War Two. It was prett He's tough dad. Kind of the nineteen fifties, not the nineteen fifties. Robert young father knows best, but you know, kind of, hey, this is what you got to do and you got to do it this way. But through it all, whatever disagreements we might have had, and we did have some, I knew that he loved me and my brother. It was a little bit of tough love in there, but that's what you know. Different different people have different experiences. So he hopefully is in a much better place. He passed away in the year two thousand, lived a long life, grew up poor, went off to war, married and raised a family, and always provided for the family. And again, he wasn't sort of what you would call your touchy feely give me a hugs on dad, But he was a dad who nonetheless by his actions, you knew that he loved his family and loved his children. So that's my tribute to my favorite father. Six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty triple eight nine two nine ten thirty or six one, seven, nine three one ten thirty. Let's get it going after the break. I want to hear from men and women on this. Sometimes it's easy to talk about the moms, particularly the moms of a certain generation, because they were the kinder gentler, in many cases, the kinder gentler partner in the relationship but I want to devote this to Father's Day, so your favorite father, whomever that might be. I'm going to take a very quick break and I'll be right back. If you have called this week already, you know everybody gets a hall pass in the twentieth hour, and that's my thought tonight. I could have done superstits Friday the thirteenth, superstitions, but yeah, we're doing Father's Day, and I know you will not just point and as they say, if your dad, if you have the good fortune, if your dad's still being alive, you can do a tribute tonight and you can then play that tribute over the weekend for your dad and he can listen to your voice. Who knows, maybe he's listening to the show right now. We'll be back on Nightside right after this is a quick break, coming right back.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray. I'm Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: The Red Sox were lucky tonight. They won two to one in extra innings, so they had a good Friday the thirteenth, and they have two more games with the New York Yankees at Fenway Park over the weekend. It looks as if the weather's going to work and hopefully it even looks as if the weather will work for all of us this weekend. That is going to be a nice day on Sunday and tomorrow the second half of the day will be fine. So we're we're going into a weekend. This might be the best weekend to have had it around these parts in a long time. So your favorite father, let's keep rolling here. Assume in most cases it will be your dad. It might not be your dad, That's okay, your favorite father. I make it very illiterative. Glenn, you were first up here on Brighton here, Glenn from Brighton here on night Side. Who would they favorite father be? Glenn?
Speaker 3: My gym teacher and wrestling coach. Michael Cataizolo he passed away, do you he knows you? I don't know if you remember him, but h okay, it was it was at Perkins for sixty years.
Speaker 2: Was he really? Wow? And what was his name again?
Speaker 3: Michael Catarizolo? We called him mister c.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can I can understand why Catisolo? Okay, Rich knows him? Okay? And your dad you you did? You? You were a boarding student at Perkins, correct.
Speaker 3: Yes, for seventeen years?
Speaker 2: Okay, how much interaction did you have with your dad?
Speaker 3: Well, my dad would be my favorite dad, had he had he not married a mean woman after my mom passed away when I was nine a breast cancer. Four years later, he married a mean woman. I mean she used to tie me how long I was in the bathroom. She used to chase me around the house with a wet towel, hit me with.
Speaker 2: A yeah, okay, okay, okay, I got that. So yeah, this this gym teacher and wrestling coach, mister keataizau Zolo. Good good, good good. I didn't realize that you were a wrestler. Glenn.
Speaker 3: Well, that's another thing. My stepmother called the director of Perkins, Benjamin Smith, and told him to kick me off the team because I was going to beat my dad up. If he gave me an order, I wouldn't do it, which.
Speaker 2: Is not true.
Speaker 3: But I got kicked I actually got kicked off the principle of Perkins. I mean that he was an appeaser. Now he worked. He knew my dad before I was born in the forties, so you know, anything that he was told to do, he kept the peace. I crossed Perkins five points.
Speaker 2: They forfeited, Okay, Glenn, this I'm looking for some upbeat stories. This is not an upbeat story. But you did find a male who served as a role model for you in your life, and that, I mean, yeah, that's important.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't do this today, but back in sixty eight when I was fifteen, he invited me to his apartment one Sunday night and gave me coffee and cigarettes. Now I know that was before the you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I get it, I totally get it, all right, Glenn. Well, I'm sorry that things didn't work out with your dad, but and you have I wish there was something I could say to make it right. I can't. Well, I'm happy that there was someone in your life who served as a male role model for you. And sounds like you're wrestling coach and Jim Teacher was a really good role model.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Very quickly, after my stepmother died of lukemia, my dad cried on my shoulder and apologized. He says, I wasn't she made me. You know she was not, and you were right about her.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well again, I want to be a little more positive, So I think we're going to move on here.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm sorry I'm not trying to bring it down.
Speaker 2: I'm just no, no, no, no no. But I'm just saying, you've been through a lot, my friend, and I thank you for sharing because I think what a lot of people say, Gee, maybe maybe my dad had a flaw here or there, but Glenn had a tough he was dealt a tough card. Let's put it like that. Have a good weekend, pal, we'll talk so him. Thank you very much. Let me go to Ron Ron, your dad. Let's talk about your favorite father.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 6: Dan, my dad's name is Bob uh and he continues to inspire me at ninety years old. Believable. He's still his work ethic. He still goes into the office periodically. I'll call it home and say his dad there, and you know he's gone to the office. Amazing. He directed a choir for fifty years. It really helped us become musicians at a certain time. Started a company from scratch because he hadn't do when there were still sixth of the eight of us there. And talk about confidence, he always gave me the mindset that there isn't anything that you can't do if you set your mind to it. And his famous statement that I'll never forget is regardless of what I was doing, going to take an exam or whatever. He would say, Ron, just do your best. And somehow I felt that, you know, a good deal of relief as I went off to do whatever I need to do.
Speaker 2: Well. I think I think that it is I think I think at this day and age, there's a lot of dads and who put pressure on their kids. And uh, yeah, I think that it's it's important to realize that and and this is something that hey, you know, I should have been done a better job at that. Every child has different abilities and different gifts and sometimes, uh, you know, I I've pushed my kids to play a lot of sports. I'm glad I did. But at the same time, the time that they spent playing sports, they might have pursued something. I kept them busy. I felt that, you know, keeping kids busy and tired and getting a good night's sleep was important. But it sounds to me like your dad hit the right notes and uh basically said to you, took some pressure off off. You said, do your best.
Speaker 4: Yeah this day.
Speaker 6: Wow, Well that's.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's great. And I know you came from a big family too.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: He was there, eight of us.
Speaker 6: He was married to my mom for seventy years before she passed. And to your point about treating everyone the same, we were all treated the same. In fact, such a work ethic. Can you imagine we had an assembly line for washing dishes after after Sunday dinner and coming home from mass I think you have to.
Speaker 2: I mean, you couldn't leave that all to one person. I mean it sounds like you, you know, with eight of you, ten of you, with your parents around the table, it was like a restaurant. Well good for you, and I'll bet you your your family. Everybody, everybody chipped in and they did it willingly.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And like you say, we all have our different strengths. I believe it or not. I'm the more serious one. Sometimes when I meet with them these days, I sit down and I'm wondering, chee did I grow.
Speaker 7: Up with them? You know.
Speaker 6: It's but we all had our different personalities and strengths and at the same time we were a team and we still are a team.
Speaker 2: So that's that for a family. That's very much. Thank you, Bob, Thank you Ron, really and say say hello to your dad, Bob. Tell him I said, Happy Father's Day.
Speaker 6: Okay, I will you Dan, happy father today.
Speaker 2: Thanks, thank you soon, have a good one. Goodnight, let's keep rolling here. Florence in Groveland. Hi Florence. So are you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: I'm good, Dan, hanging in there.
Speaker 2: It's been a long week. Who's your who's your father?
Speaker 9: Well? My dad he was very special to me, super super father, and I lost him. He passed away when I was nineteen.
Speaker 2: That's a tough age. That's a tough age to lose your dad.
Speaker 9: And he had cancer. He had to go to the hospital a lot, and I went with him all the time. We went with him with his one of his homie buddies, and you know, it was tough trying to get through losing them, and it devastated me. And he was the most wonderful dad a girl could ever have.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's that's a perfect tribute.
Speaker 9: Yeah. And I can also mention my sons, my two sons. One hell bring up his girlfriend's son, and my other son. He has four children, and his oldest one he adopted and then he had three of its own.
Speaker 2: And that's a special parent. When they when they adopt people, they adopt children. There they're making a huge difference in people's lives. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And you know what his adopted son said when he knew he was going to be adopted, He said he wanted the last same last name as his family, as his sister and his other two brothers. And he was so happy. And you know, he looked at that.
Speaker 2: So he and adopted the family name of the family who adopted him, which is great.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, Oh that's great. Always being very crazyful.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks Florence.
Speaker 9: You've been lucky.
Speaker 2: You've been lucky in terms of your dad and in terms of your son. You should be very proud.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and you have a nice out of the state.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much, Florence. I appreciate it. Thank you so much. Hey, have a great good night. By bye. Let me go to Bill in Pennsylvania. We got caught. We got opened one opening in both at six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty and one at six month, seven nine, three ten thirty. Hey Bill from Pennsylvania. Welcome, How are you.
Speaker 4: I'm doing good?
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 4: Hey. My dad was a great, a great guy. He he came over this country just after World War One with my grandfather and grandmother and settled up in Milwaukee and Wisconsin. He graduated from Marquette University at twenty years old. Yeah, and he graduated from uh Marquette at twenty years old, came down to Pennsylvania, got into the steel business and uh then later on uh moved up to Erie, Pennsylvania and started his own uh machine shop up there. And I'll tell you he was he was a great guy. He was tough as tough as nails, but he had a heart of gold and he would help his Uh. He only had five or six guys working for him, and they all loved him. And and uh he he he went through a lot of true I'm not going to go over to tragedies, but uh he he went through more tragedies and and most people and uh had great faith in uh in Jesus and took us kids to Mass all the time. After a lot of the tragedies. But uh uh he was uh and and and the good news was that I got to take care of him his last five years. And uh, well he's this So he would say, he would say, alcheme on, let's let's take a ride. And and then after uh and half an hour in the car, Dan he goes, what are we doing, just driving around aimlessly. Again.
Speaker 2: What country did you did your your dad and his parents emigrate from.
Speaker 4: Oh, they came from They came from Germany, UH after World War One. And my grandfather was a was a barber. He was a great guy too. My grandfather was in the UH. He actually with the Germans. Dan, but wonderful guy he he was.
Speaker 2: If he was living in Germany. If he was living in Germany during World War One, he probably didn't have much your choice that.
Speaker 4: He was. He was a great man. And I know I'm going to see him again.
Speaker 2: So well, that's that's the most important thing. That is the most important gift that a parent can give children, I think is a strong faith. Bill.
Speaker 4: All right, Dan, you have Happy Father's Day to you.
Speaker 2: Happy Father's Day to you. My friend will talk again. Thank you, Bill, all right, day, all right, good night, all right. The only line open is six one, seven thirty. We got the news coming up here. I want to get as many Father's Day stories in and again, those of you who have a father who's still alive, think about calling and UH tell us who your favorite dad is, favorite father and if it happens to be your dad or father, who's still alive. You can play this for them. Just go to Nightside on demand dot com and you can queue it up for them someday on Father's Day. And I think that might be a great gift that you could provide courtesy of Nightside, free of charge. Back on Nightside after.
Speaker 1: This, you're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Yeah, let's keep rolling. We're doing basically Father's Day tributes. If you are lucky enough to have had a dad growing up, or someone in your life who is uh was a male figure and you'd like to wish them happy Father's Day, you are more than welcome to join the conversation. My name is Dan Ray. We will keep it rolling here on Nightside, coming right to the calls. We've got it without any further Ado, let me go to Joe and Plymouth A Joe, welcome next on Nightside. Gor ahead, Joe.
Speaker 7: Hey, Dan, I don't want to father. Growing up, he was the second son of uh, you know, for six of them, and my godfather his older brother, and he went off the Korea and my father didn't because you were the youngest son and charried in the name on and Anyway, my godfather came back from Korea, which he showed playing for the Army hockey team for three years. That was the service as the veteran.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad way to do your service.
Speaker 3: That's what.
Speaker 2: Did he play hockey in high school or college or did? That's not the sort of game that you.
Speaker 7: That you pick up late in life even, No, he played it. He played at BC.
Speaker 2: Oh really, whoa Okay, must have been a pretty good player. So he he's played at BC.
Speaker 7: Wow, yeah, he wrapped. He wrapped later, you know, from from thirty five forty years or whatever, you know, college hockey.
Speaker 2: What was what's his last what's his last.
Speaker 7: Name, mcgaffigan, Billy mcgaffigan. Okay, it would be he'd be in his he'd be in his late mid to late nineties, if he was a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well that's that's quite a quite a career, that's for sure. That's for sure. What's his first name, Joe? What was his first name? Billy? Okay, I got it, Bill, Bill.
Speaker 7: My father was Joe. My father was Joe. I mean, you are in mixed up. I was till I was leading up to my father's story. So my my father, my uncle got back from Korea. My m and my father bought season tickets to the Bones in nineteen fifty seven. Oh that nineteen the nineteen sixty they bought season tickets to the Boston Patriots.
Speaker 2: You yes, you could back in those days. Yeah, those are great, that's great.
Speaker 7: Nineteen sixty six, at age four, I went to my first Bruins game. My father took me to see none other than Bobby or Yes, yes, exactly. So I saw him for ten years, and but my father showed me how to be your father and Shoe what not important?
Speaker 2: How many children? How many children do you have yourself? Joe?
Speaker 7: Three three?
Speaker 2: Well, happy happy Father's Day to you, and thanks for calling in. And I remember in your dad, I do. I do appreciate you taking the time. Be well, my friend. Congratulations, Thank you. Thanks Joe. All right, let's keep the only line is six point seven two, five, four, ten thirty. Gonna go next to another Joe. We'll go from Joe in Plymouth to Joe and Boston. Joe in Boston, you were next on nightside. Go ahead, Joe, all right, I'll be Joe.
Speaker 10: You'll miss today.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, I know what Joe, this is Happy Father's Day to you.
Speaker 10: Ah, well, it was I called to say happy father say to you because I know you're a good one.
Speaker 11: And by the way, I might not be modest, but I am one myself.
Speaker 4: I think that I'm a pretty good time myself.
Speaker 2: Well, I know your your children, met your children, and I can testify to that. I think you've done a great job with those kids.
Speaker 12: And uh and going back, I mean, my dad was an amazing guy.
Speaker 10: Even though my parents'.
Speaker 11: They divorced when I was a young child, my father was the most responsible guy in available to me in a big example. I mean, I can ask for any better father.
Speaker 10: I lost them.
Speaker 12: It's going to be all the stands.
Speaker 10: It's going to be nine years.
Speaker 12: And before that, my grandpa was.
Speaker 2: My word.
Speaker 11: So I mean, you know, all their dads out there, just be a good dad.
Speaker 4: To your kids.
Speaker 10: You know, that's all there is.
Speaker 2: It's a big responsibility. It's a tough job. I mean, dads are expected to do a lot more these days than they did in the past. I mean in the pasty of the providers, but now dads are expected to do some things that maybe they were not expected to in the past.
Speaker 12: And if there's one thing like for instance, with me on my case, I have a grandson that he's fifteen. That's one that you know, and with this kid.
Speaker 10: I'm involved. And I then even though with my lane of work, I make a point to driving to school, to your school, to Boston Latin school in because sometimes he's fifteen. Now I don't have you know, if we're at the house, he's doing his own thing. But I get that half an hour just to myself, just him and I and I teach.
Speaker 11: I mean, we talk so much about life. He's very mature. And that's what I said, Dad, you know.
Speaker 10: He's supposed to do it. I'm proud of it. I will call myself a good dad.
Speaker 2: Well, but but I feel good about it. Well that that is the best investment that you could make in terms of time. I gotta tell you, those are those are I wish I could have those days back, but but you know, once they're gone, they're gone. Joe.
Speaker 12: So yeah, because my own kids, I didn't have the time because I was so busy doing work. But you know, with him, I can do that, and you know, and I loving every second of it. And my main reason to call is just to wish you happy.
Speaker 10: If how to stay Dan.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I thank you, Joe, right back at you, and we will see each other hopefully before the summer is over. Okay, I'm looking.
Speaker 12: Forward to I love you and I appreciate it that I wish you all the best.
Speaker 2: Right back at you all those points. Thanks Joe, We'll talk soon. I also want to take a moment and commend my son who has two children, our grandson Benjamin, who is soon to be three, be three on the fourth of July, and a new little addition to the family, beautiful baby girl, a daughter, a granddaughter for us Caroline Ruth and my son Daniel and his wife Lindsay. Daniel's a good dad. He is a very attentive dad, probably more than I was. And so he's also my favorite, my favorite living father. Let's put it like that. I'll put it like that, all right, All now, all of a sudden, I got some open lines here, and this is crazy. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten, thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty Alex and millis Alex your favorite dad? Who would that be your favorite father?
Speaker 8: My dad's girls. He would have been ninety seven this coming Sunday. Happy heavenly Birthday to him and Happy Father's Day. He raised on one of six siblings, and he put us all through school. He came to this country, u uh, you know on like a ten ten spot and uh, you know, worked at Jimmy's Harbor Side and then decided to get his own restaurant. And like I say, all through school.
Speaker 2: What what restaurant was that? When? When was he Alex? When was Jimmy's? Was my favorite restaurant for many years the Dualist family ran that restaurant and they were, you know, Jimmy and Charlie Dulis. Uh what years was your dad?
Speaker 8: Did your dad work at Jimmy's back in the late sixties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he opened his own restaurant.
Speaker 8: Which restaurant was actually it was actually a coffee shop breakfast place, and it was in Dorchester over by Saint Mark's who probably familiar, uh, just between Fields Corner and Aschmont. And then finally and then a second place after that in Rossendale and it's by Rossie Square. So in both cases he worked so hard, he never really took much time, you know, because he wanted to make sure we were taken care of, and we all were participating in the restaurant as kids.
Speaker 2: And he would have been you said, he would have been ninety seven ninety so, yeah, he was born then in he was born in.
Speaker 8: Nineteen twenty eight, yes, nineteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, but how long did he live? Did he live? Did he live?
Speaker 8: He would have been ninety seven years old, so he lived ninety six and a half.
Speaker 2: Oh, so he's just recently passed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this past six six months ago.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry to hear that, but boy, what a great run for him, Alex. He has been very proud of you and your siblings and sounds like a worked up guy. What did he do with Jimmy's by the way, was he was he.
Speaker 8: He worked at the kit shut it off as a dishwasher and then became a cook.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Actually, Jack Bordon, I think, if my memory serves me, did a piece of my dad, you know, at his restaurant, at his breakfast place you look at Grochester. Yeah, and with all my siblings and you know, we still have the old tapes and stuff.
Speaker 2: Je I worked with Jacket Channel four for many years. He was who's an older reporter when I was when I was a young rookie reporter. Really nice guy. He was very interested in the concept of the sky, and he always tried to encourage people to look up and realize how beautiful the sky was. That was Jack's that was Jack's yea in his life besides his fans. Well, Alex, thank you, thank you very much. I wish your dad was still with us, but I'll tell you if he's listening tonight in a better place, he's got to be very proud that you took the time to call. Thanks, Alex, thank you much.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Happy Father's Day.
Speaker 2: Happy Father's Day to you as well. All right, now, I have wide open lines, so if we if you want, I'll talk for the next ten minutes, which will be fine. Uh, but I would prefer to hear from you at six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Again, I think a lot of people are a little shy to to talk about their dad, or maybe they have someone else in their life who is a father figure.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: Those stories are important stories as well. So uh, well we get some lines six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. It's up to you. It's I can't dial the phone for you, but you can dial the phone for me. We'll be right back on night Side.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, we have full lines. Thank you all very much. Let's get going here and let's get everybody in this unbelievable John and Lexington. John, thanks for calling in next on Nightside, right ahead.
Speaker 4: Sure, anytime. Yeah, my dad was somebody that wasn't you know, the typical of the of his generation. He was born in nineteen twenty. Not the easiest to grow up with. You know, life was tough, and he lost a lot all through his life and had probably permanent PTSD, starting from you know, losing family members as a kid and so forth. And then the Navy after that, where he was a celestial navigator if you can believe that. Then in the North Atlanta using the Sexton and the book in any encyclopedia you can imagine. And then he was in the Pacific and his ship was blown up and he was a great swimmer from college. So he swam for twenty four hours until the fuel boats saw him. He swam after the fuel boat that was it was running away from the from the you know, his ship was just you know, blown to pieces, and he lost a lot of his mates. They were in the in the in the raft and was able to get the fuel boat boat back to them and rescued him. A lot of them just lost their minds and go overboard, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But anyway, he married and had five children. He was an architect here in in Boston for many years. And as we got he moved along and I moved along an age we stayed together, and we became closer as uh, his life, you know, as life happened, and my four other brothers were very distanced, and I stayed close to him, so I missed him every day.
Speaker 2: Oh what a great story. What it sounds like an unbelievably unbelievably great, unbelievable Hey, thanks for sharing that story, John, that I mean, what a what a life you just laid out here.
Speaker 8: That's an amazing Yeah, like those guys in that generation, he just he just answered that. He just answered the call. That's that's what he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Tom, Yeah, and it's I can My dad spent two and a half years in China, Bourman, India, and uh, I know exactly the personality you're talking about Hey, John, appreciate your call so much. That was a great call. Thank you, thank you, Thank you, John. Good night, have a great weekend, Happy Father's Day. Let me go to Lisa and evert Lisa your next time, nightside. We're going to get you in a couple more in at least. Hi Lisa, Hi Nan, how are you. I'm doing great good.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to shout out to everybody, all the fathers, Happy Father's Day. Great and I won't take too much time. I just want to talk briefly quickly about my dad. He's been gone since twenty twenty, and he was a great father. Worked very hard in his life. He worked at and underwent devil Ham for many years and then he went he was a cop, Barrel's cop, and then he went to doing state police. So he he did a lot and to support his family and did a great job. Great job.
Speaker 2: Wow. So that's so typical of that generation. So typical, just put their head down and did what had to be done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you know, back then, you know, you know we had you know, my mom was a stay at home mom. So you know, he he did everything and he did it great. And you know, he passed away in twenty twenty from kidney did he was he did dialysis for many many years, so it did catch up with him, but you know, unfortunately, but you know, he had a lot of years and you know, he was a great dad.
Speaker 2: So well, thank you for joining us, Lisa. I'm so glad that you that you took the time. And hopefully he's in a better place than he's hearing you tonight.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, thank you, thanks Lisa, Thank.
Speaker 2: You very much, appreciate your call. All right, let me go to Stephanie in Eastbridge Water. Stephanie, you're next on nice, I go right ahead.
Speaker 13: Hi, Dan, happy father, say to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Tell us about what what Who was your favorite father?
Speaker 13: My favorite father is my dad Paul, who's almost gone. Sorry two years now.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's okay, Yeah, that's okay, right ahead.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 13: It's really tough sometimes, you know, as as you know.
Speaker 6: Ho I'm sure.
Speaker 13: Anyways, my dad's a great dad. He was married to my mama, was almost fifty fifty nine years and huge family man, very proud army guy. He was in Vietnam, which he so come to Louis body disease, which was from agent orange. Unfortunately, but he got from the from the army, so he really fought hard for my mom to get that. And I'm very proud family guy.
Speaker 7: We had.
Speaker 13: We had twenty cousins in my on my mom's side, and he was there for them all and he was just I can't even say I'm enough about my dad.
Speaker 7: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Stephanie, you said it well. I'm glad you shared with us tonight. Thanks so much. And I'm sure he's listening in a better place.
Speaker 6: Yep, he is.
Speaker 7: I know he is.
Speaker 2: Thanks much better, be well, be well, Thank you for calling. These are that we've saved the best calls for last. Dennis and Lowell. Dennis want to get you in here under the wire.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Dennis, Absolutely, Thank you. Dan. Happy Father's Day, right, I got you, go right ahead. Similar story to the other three callers. My father was in the Navy during World War Two on a destroyer they got sunk in the Mediterranean. He was a great twimmer, so you know, he got picked up threading water. He also was a policeman, you know, for thirty five years. And I you know, I now have two grandchildren. I get a brag about them. They're playing in the championship lacross game football Ricker tomorrow at Maritimes.
Speaker 2: What a great way for you to celebrate Father's Day.
Speaker 4: You bet you all right? Thank you very much, Dan Dennis.
Speaker 2: Happy Father's Day to you. Talk soon. How much time we got a couple of minutes, one minute, I leen, I can give you about thirty seconds. I lean you the last call of the night.
Speaker 14: Okay. Well, I have fond memories of my father taking us out to look at the star in our backyard, and he definitely stimulated my lifelong interest in science.
Speaker 4: And he what a great legacy.
Speaker 14: Yes, absolutely, And he also took me to work where he worked in an electro plating company, and I learned about that as a very young child. I'm very appreciative.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I appreciate propreciative of your calling. We will talk soon. You got in under the wire. Thanks, thanks Alien, have a great weekend. Good night. Okay, I'm done for the night. As always, Rob, thanks for getting back get better this weekend. Rest up, all dogs, all cats, all pets, All all pets go to heaven. I also want to thank Karen, who has did a great job this week for us in Marita's absence. All dogs, all cats, All pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rais who passed fifteen years ago in Febu. That's where all your pets are passed. They loved you and you loved them. We'll see you again on Monday night. Everyone, have a great weekend, stay dry. Thanks so much everyone. See you on Facebook in just a minute.