Speaker 1: At you to sit back, relax and enjoy the story. I'll aimos Fremanda. Well, mister and missus George Stevens are finally crashed into the upper trust of society. Today they received an invitation to a formal party. The Kingfish is able to squeeze into his old full dress suit, but Samphire is now in the act of demanding a new formal dress from her husband.
Speaker 2: But George men is different. They just wear the same full dress suit. But a woman's gotta have a new dress nowadays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you gotta evening dress. You ain't gotta have a new dress every time you turn around. Wait the one I got? I don't dam How about that dress that you had once the white one went?
Speaker 3: The long friends Shamus had dress on the Parogroste's on it that I wed.
Speaker 1: Oh well, maybe we better forget about this formal affairs.
Speaker 2: But I don't get out of this house much and I wants to go. Now what are I gonna do by the formal dress? I'd like to get a tapa, so I'm Russell's when.
Speaker 1: I walk here. Well, if Rustling has already worn about, well, when your old dresses and tire some paper bags.
Speaker 2: And I had one dress that out and go everywhere, but everybody I know hasn't seen it.
Speaker 3: Whis one of d my form of dress with a low cut back that I bought.
Speaker 1: Dress with a little cut back. Why don't you just turn it around and are you.
Speaker 2: Rist and Joyce. I've been keeping sixty dollars in your money that you was to use the something on your fishing hit. Now I'm gonna take that sixty dollars and buy me.
Speaker 1: We tells a minute, Jore, wait till the a minute, Huney, don't spend that fifty dollars of mine. Leave it to me, honey, I'll do something about getting you a dressed well, kings Fish, I'm glad to hear that you and your wife is invited to this social puncture. Oh yeah, Henry, we'll be there all right. You know it's being killed for mister Alfred Barrington, the social life for just a rite from California. Yes, I hear. They got in town to the where is the window Friday to give the port where it seems that mister Darrington came through on it has to throw him out come by afraid hundred birdserver. Yes, that's right, our troop of this went down to the yacht to get count of the yachts for this big social event. Yees so well, ting fish, they hold well, ting fish, they hold. I gotta get top buy a new formal drive. I gotta get there by a new formal drive. I gotta get sup. Oh, yes, you want to put a friend hurst strap receivement. Gown has a few spots on her, but mind you these pots in champagne and key. Oh yeah, well, I'll see that scrap of seth on your way for Tell me this. How does that thing stay up on her with those straps over shoulder holding the door well around the top of the dress. On the inside there's a strip of adhesy safre and circles her entire body. D he's a safer. Yes. When we return home in the evening, I always have to unhook the dress and give her a gasoline rub down. The surf say that you gotta have a new form of dress, and I ain't got no money to buy one. Well, very confidential, kingfish. You what my wife Clara does sometime or what is that? She buys a dress on the charge account, wears it that night and takes it back the next day. Didn't know you could do that. Oh, yeah, yes, indeed, some dresses are in the water so many parties that the price tag is even a little prey. You don't tell me, you know what the price tag is put on with them A little lead washes so you can't get them off, you know. And when the dress is wore, the tag must be covered with something. Well, how in the world can a woman hide the tag? Well, Kingfish, whenever you see a woman at the party wearing a corse IgE under her arm, the dress goes back. Henry, this is a good idea. You don't gimme. One of my good friend, Andy Brown has got a charge account that doesn't work in conditions working conditions. Come in, Kingfish, come in. Well, hello brother, And he's been talking to the credit manager the Globe Department store about you. I don't know what I'm a sent. Yeah, well, the credit man's book. Very hard of you, say, they Missie over there, He wonders, why you don't take advantage of his credit system in this country? What do you mean what creditism? Them charge account's gonna give a man nothing but trouble. Well, now don't say that they their charge accounts is the important thing. They're established. Credit. Credit is the whole basis of economics. Economics, what is them? I was surprised to see how ignorant you is. Then ain't you ever hear of the economics? I don't hear of them, but I never seed one. What is it economics? My praid is the science and why everybody is vote. Oh they got a bureau down and watching the health people on that stub. It's called the Bureau of Supplying the man. Well how do the Bureau ofs applying the man's work? Well, these highest paid politicians down there, you see their page, so that when somebody builds up a supply they can take out some way the government can demand it that. Well, what has that got to do with?
Speaker 3: Meet?
Speaker 1: Charging stuff at the Globe department store? World trade and it keeps everybody is going all over the world. The different countries are trading on credit. Oh yeah, the United States does it? Trans does it? Russia? Tasmania or Mania, room Mania, all the Menias do they do? Huh oh yeah, and the Slavias too, check over and you go there do it? Then all trades on credits? Well, that ain't got nothing to me. I don't want to do it. And when I love the man, even in a little country like Bulgaria uses credit. And you don't mean to sit there and tell me that you any better than Bulgaria. But how can these big countries deal on credit? Lend LEAs? Oh yeah I heard about that? What is this? Len leads? Well, Len leaders, when some country wants us to lend them something and the least we can do and let them have it? Yeah, yeah, I say what you mean, col len leaves work both. We made a deal with Sweden, you know Sweden. What did we get from them? Well, they'll send us a lot of smogas boards, another kind of lumber over here. Well tell me this kingfish. When countries are dealing with others, how come they chargers everything instead of fan can Well the economic world credit len leaves that the credit structure will for the pieces if crediting you. And that's why you are to go over to the gold department store and charge of them. Yeah you're right. You know, I wonder what I could charge over there. Well, now let us think, uh shop fire could use a new evening gown. I could charge it to your account. Now there's a lucky break for you right there. You see, yeah, yeah, that's right. We could Hey, wait a minute, I'd have to pay for that. No, no, tell you how would work it though, see you just to We'll go over there, get the desk, charge it to you, shield wear it Friday night. We'll take it back to the store on Saturday. And that way more cost than nothing. We can keep the world credits going all the time. Is well. If Bulgaric can do it, I can do it. It's a deal. Oh that's just the now. Everything one's moothing a feel a lot better. I ain't worried no more. Wait a minute, tell me that king fish. Why is you always in such a jam? One week you got to get yourself a place to live. Next week you're in trouble with the grocery man, the butcher. Next time you got to get a dressed. Why is you always in a jam? Well, one word will fling the whole thing to the end, and that word is more than necessary thing my fee. You want to dance on the saul my head, not to rest in the day. The loss said, drop and have fun. But the landlord said you explain to see love the old world is really your wealthyed a man. It's all in a count of mesity, a count of necessity, a count on necessity. The jail would never be except for talk too. Send that. Well, how did I get in there? Necessity? Well, brother, and I want to thank you for looking at charge. Just your address to your accountant. Yeah, well, don't forget now that that's going back of the store for credit on Saturday morning. And be careful and tell your wife not this bill nothing on there because that's pink and it's gonna show spot. Yeah. Well, i'll see the chief nothing but salmon and drinks nothing but pink lemonade. Yeah, so in case she dribbles, it will match. You. See, Well, if anything happens with that dress, you is gonna play thirty nine dollars and fifty cents. Way, wait a minute, anda, that give me an idea. Thirty nine fifty If you watch here, take the dress out the box here and change the price tag a little bit too, I won't think it's too cheap. Yeah, that might be a good idea. What you're gonna change the thirty nine and fifty two, Well, i'll make a eight out of that tree. That'll make it eighty nine fifty. Yeah, that's the stuff. The more woman figures a dress, cause the more thrills you get out of them. Oh yeah, that's right, bro. Then I don't know it sounds filler, but that's their female tyrology. Eighty nine fifty thrill is more than a thirty nine fifty thrill. There's a difference there, fifty trills you see. Yeah, we'll go ahead, change that price, give me a fountain fandana. Hey this is a cheap man. I don't know if the thing will work. Yeah, well here I go. Now I'll make a ead out of that tree. Uh. Hey, man, ain't no inking the thing is? Well, they must be inking there, I guess fill us this morning row at the bank while the policeman wasn't looking, and you sure you got inking?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: It's cut the bottle dry and started a girdling for more. Maybe the ink is jammed up there. Well i'll shake the things. See be there, Oh king fish, look what you're gun done? You got ink all over the bottom of that dress. Oh why didn't you tell me this was a bad pin. The bottom of that dress is ruined. That story. Don't take this dress back. You're gonna pay for it. Bull Gary or noteball garret. You wear a minute chair. This was your pin and the inkbos on that dress is all your fall Oh my path. I'm glad you agree with with me. Do I got you? Wait a minute, chair, Wait a minute. Jew is the one that got the ink on that dress? Yeah, but in the eyes of the law, I inc ad dress. But it was your pin and that automatic make you the inky? That's what it is. High is the inky? Yeah? I was the inker. Since you owned the fountain pin, you done the damn it. You was guilty under the fountain pin law. What I paying the law you handed depend to me. You committed the capillary act to cause the horse name. You handed me the lethal instantly. Look yeah, I still got your fingerprints on it. I would have had on bluff. You know that the hord you'll fall too. I took it for granted that this was a perfectly he'll legit them with pomptin pence. I as sorry as buck ever started this thing. What is I gonna do about it? You were a responsible for the whole thing. Now listen here, can't fashod On took off for you. I'm gonna talk. They don't you get tough with me. You. I got a good noise to pop you writing a note? You hit me and you're gonna take a cup time I jumped on you. You good for nothing bum. You're getting me in trouble. Don't you call me no bunk? You big twmph. That's so I'll take off your coat. All right, Let's take off our coat and put it off your all right, let's go to it. Got your image, you're just the time to see a good fight. Yeah, glad you come in in times that Well. I ain't gonna stop it, but I think you both ought to be ashamed of yourself. A couple of gold men, can you hand them by yourself? You don't need me, all right, amos. If that's the way you feel about it, let's start something. Smack me in the face once, Just smack me in the face. Just what caring? I said? Once? Uh uh? And look here, you're gonna let him us get away with that hitting back. Oh now, listen, many, I don't want to start no fight with you. Well, come to think about it, I don't want to fight with Julie, am Well, okay, then any less, settle this thing some other way. Well, I'm getting out of here and letting you two cowards alone. So long fell all right, Jody, Well, I was down gone, I'm I didn't that took I didn't. I was hi Andy. Hey, listen, I'm supposed to make the King fish here at your barber shop. We almost had a fight, but we've done made up now. The King's been phoned me and said he was coming over to see me down handy. Yeah, you know what. You sure got a lot of hair laying around on the floor here in the barber shop. I can't find a giant hit to clean up the blue come but that has been there for long. It's turning grave. Yeah. Well, from the look to that floor there, you have been pretty busy. Yeah. He has tective from the boarding Hills coming this morning. And then looked the blaze over. He said, you have got any rug on the floor, you better sweep with her. Well, me and the King fires in a little couple. The King show that dress to short shorty. Take a look at this dress. Tell me that I say you know anything about taking spots out of the dusk now, I mean, hand me the dress. I got some sunny move with stuff right here. I want to test it to see if the ink is permanent, then lay it down on the table. Yeah, I think it's permanent. Yeah, the fellow don't give me room with the breg Now I see some of the stuff out of the bottom on this right here, and then I love it again right here? And what do you think is the ink permanent? I don't know what the material? Chordy? And look what you've done done to the dress that you don't put a hole in the that's not the Look what it does to my table now he is in the oh and look here I got eyes. Yeah, an'mber one thing to do. Let me pay a sizzing short and me and a you'll go in the back room here and cut off the bottom of the dress in front where the damage is done. Give me the dress there you will have good luck. Come on, king, say lay it down right there. Now we'll cut off the bottom of the dress right here in front. Yeah. Uh now, now how is that ending? Well? Now the dress is too long in back. You better cut off some of the back too. Uh how is it now? Now the back is too short, You better go back to the front, cut a little more off, eating that up. Uh. As we sniffed past the ink stins in the hole. Yeah, you passed that two snips ago. But the back is too long now, yeah, I leave in the back up a little bit. I turned around here. Oh this scisz and slipped then, and don't cut a V in the thing. Look at that. We're telling them it's the new style, the only dress they have a think with a V neck in the bottom. We're jeffinit to cut spit across and take that video. Ja, Yeah this is this is still a good evening dress. The only thing is they're gonna have to wear it in the afternoon. That's the only difference. Though. You think that the store is gonna take this back? Now, pick up the pieces and let's take the dress over to our lawyer stone Wall, the Guardia. Maybe he can help us out of this. Man. Well, come on and let's go in here and see our lawyer, the Guardia stone War. Hello there, look Guardia, Hey, you look kind of tired. Stone Wall exhausted. It's more not Chase ambling already?
Speaker 2: Was there disappartant?
Speaker 1: Uh didn't you catch dambal in? Oh yeah, yeah, when I got inside it was full of lawyer. Yeah, well that mercer made it kind of crowded for the patient. No, no, he was up punk with the drive. Listen, look, warder, were is in a jam? That was I don't life about being alone? Everybody comes in there's in trouble. H Well, this is the little kind of trouble. Look, warrior, this is about a skirt. And listen to them skirts calls nine. No, no, the warter. Not that kind of skirt. This is a dress. Yeah, we gotta find somebody to know something about ink Spot. Now I'm your man.
Speaker 2: I just bought four of their records.
Speaker 1: Listen, look, Waria, let me tell you what's wrong? Is you listening? I'm bother. You don't look like you're listening. Your eyes are closed.
Speaker 2: And most of the time I listened with my els.
Speaker 1: Well look here, look, Wardia. You see we bought a dress of the store, and now we got to take it back because it's got incon Why did you buy a dress with an inc on it? No? Look heah, we got the econ the dail there. We got it home. Then we tried to get the egof by cutting the thing with scissors. Yeah, well we slipped the whole bottom off the thing. You know, it's a good thing you buy to see me because there's something you shouldn't know. What's that you will damage that dress? Well, we already know that it was accidental. Here's a dress. See where we tried to snip off the each bus beside to sniff, but you snuff past the place where you should have stop snapping. But boy, look, yeah, we gotta do something about returning this dress. And it's a it's gonna cost a thirty nine dollars tiercent there or what is the legal angle on there? Well, just walk up to the department store and try to hide them into taking a sack. Yeah, but what if that don't work, then you have to take all the pizzas, wrap them up, then send attack. But they wrapping it's very important. There's only one thing to wrap it in. Uh what's that fifty nine? Well? Miss, you can see that dress, damn is that's why we brung it back here to the complaint the part Yeah, and the gustomer was always right. Did us come in it? When I don't give us no argument? Mother, you either got to take the dress back or I won't buy the more stuff here and charge mister Brown's account. This press was in perfect condition when you bought it. Somebody has cut several inches off the bottom of the scarp. Well, we ain't got to fight this idea. Who's done it? Well, whoever did it did a very bad job. It isn't even cut straight. Could we help it if the scissors was doll just what I thought. I'm not taking the dress back. And that's final, well, half final, maybe a final, a final final, it's final final. There's the door, it's the god Stevens. Come on in and let's get out of here before I lose my temper. Come on, we is in a myth on the charge account thing. I wonder what the Bulgaria does in the myth right there? Well, let's lay the box Dan, you're on the table and put the dust back in it. There. Hey, wait a minute, we left our hats in that man Dolver. Wonder if he's too mad to give him to us. Well, let's fold the gusts up here and put it in here. That's a floor walker, but out. Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I thought you was a floor walker and I was admiring.
Speaker 1: That this you just sold in ouro. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I used the head floor walker. Yeah yeah, I thought you were telling mister Brown.
Speaker 3: Here, Now that's a dollar dress.
Speaker 1: It's a soul Well you see lady me and here, well you were very fortunate, madam. The dressing stood. Yeah, it just come in and you can see the box, right Jess.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a common dress, but it seems the little show.
Speaker 1: Now that's the little star leaving miss Brown. Here. Here is our French designer in fashion him telling, oh really, I sure is we we? Kevin?
Speaker 3: Mister Brown, what is your frank opinion?
Speaker 1: Well, frankly, my frank opinion is that I like to see you buy that dress.
Speaker 3: It's a peculiar gown. The top part of it gives them present of an evening dress, and the lake stuff it looks like an afternoon great.
Speaker 1: Well we designed this pressure that weed. That's what we call early late model. That's what early late model. Half fascinating. I love the shade.
Speaker 3: It is really salmon pink business.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I had competed it right off of salmon Brown tell you to too, madam. Yeah, that's right. Too bad I didn't save the can to prove it to you.
Speaker 2: How much is it?
Speaker 1: Thirty nine?
Speaker 3: All right, I'll take it, I'll set and I hope my husband likes it, I'll pay him care.
Speaker 1: Oh that's why I'm brown. You take the late as money if you don't care, while I get the hats and coach out the hours, they'll go to night. We wait, right.
Speaker 3: Your sales girl out there refuses to give him my money back on that salmon pink dress out return, Yes.
Speaker 1: And rightly so. I've been out there and looked at that dress and it's damaged, it's been cut to pieces.
Speaker 3: But I bought it here yesterday from your floor walking and your designer.
Speaker 1: We have no four walker or designer on this floor and we will not take the dress back. I'll ask you to please leave my office very well. Good day.
Speaker 3: Never had a stole the creeping like this before. Say this, where's that pink test that I brought back a minute ago?
Speaker 1: I got some good news for you. I just sold it to a customer here. Oh you did? Who brought him?
Speaker 2: I did, missus Joey see