Speaker 1: You're about to witness amazing Amos has something living Mony's property of all times. Yes, my ball suck on you bow down to your master?
Speaker 2: Can you digg it?
Speaker 3: Can you did it? I?
Speaker 2: Where you did?
Speaker 4: Allowed to play me Sallowed to play? Come out to name, come out to play the.
Speaker 1: Horse.
Speaker 3: The sun is rising, John, wake up, Wake.
Speaker 1: Up now, don't worry.
Speaker 4: We're all here to show you how Jenny gets horses rous station, Kate and mot home.
Speaker 1: My go listens is a family. Don't turn down tild just wait and say are you ready? Are you ready to jo It's time to start to show.
Speaker 2: Takes a c about Prisco.
Speaker 3: Wis the Big Man mor Show?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the organ.
Speaker 5: It's all such a war, kick back, makes up, thats up.
Speaker 1: In and make it hardcore? Say you wisby and then mess picked after a phone down on last good morning, It's the Big Man Morning Show. Toll free eight three three four six O K M O D. Can also text BMMS and then what you want to say to eight two nine four five. Listen online the website at rockskmode dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under BMMS. Listen with your cell phone. Get the iHeartRadio app available from the app store of your cell phone provider. More on that at iHeartRadio dot com. And we're on Facebook, Facebook dot com, slash BMMS six y nine. That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Good morning Lindsay, Good morning Corbyn, Good morning Gimpy.
Speaker 2: Yep, try that again, Good morning Gimpy.
Speaker 1: There. All right, So we've got tickets that we're gonna give away to see Highly Suspect on June second at the Tulsa Theater. We'll figure out how, but we're gonna give you tickets to also Smoking Guns eleven, which is Saturday at the Bok Center. This is an event between firefighters and police officers. They either participate in a boxing or MMA event and it's all to raise money for the Oklahoma Firefighters Burn Camp and the Special Olympics of Oklahoma. And it's awesome if you like fighting styles. This is fun to watch guys, girls, local police, regional police, local.
Speaker 2: Firefighters, regional firefighters. Sometimes they even spice in.
Speaker 1: A little uh military for flavor. It's good. It's a good time. So we'll give those tickets away. Coming up at seven thirty, we'll see what Lindsay wants to talk about we got fill in the blank news and we got our top five songs today. It is a top five songs about fighting from listener Tommy Tough Guy, all in honor of a smoking guns. I guess uh. And I love history stuff, and I don't know why we're going to bring up a BC again, but we are. And I was reading this morning that a twenty five hundred year old helmet and two bracelets were returned to a Romania to Romania yesterday after fourteen months of them arguing who should have it when it was taken from this country these people right now. Whether you want to read more about that, I don't know. But apparently it goes all back to the Dashia civilization, which was two hundred BC. Okay, that's off far back, and there's a long history of the British just taking things. I agree, yeah, but when you hear the actual numbers, you go what So for example, in seventeen sixty five to nineteen thirty eight, Britain took forty five trillion dollars from India. Well you call that again between seventeen sixty five to nineteen thirty eight, Now, granted that is a long time. Yeah, right, but that's seventeen times the entire GDP in the UK today, right.
Speaker 2: I was going to say that was a lot of that's a lot money now, yes, imagine what that was back then, good lord.
Speaker 1: The British Museum has over two point two million items from at least two hundred and twelve different countries. They hold around eight million total objects and ninety nine percent of them are not on display.
Speaker 2: Were they're just sitting in a basement somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yes, just from the Nigerian Kingdom of Benin. There are over nine hundred objects that they took in eighteen ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Well, no wonder the prince is always asking people for MANI.
Speaker 1: Does he wasn't that.
Speaker 2: The Nigerian prince, that's right, emails out and h but.
Speaker 1: This is yeah, yeah, and they only did that because they didn't like that he was the king there was charging customs fees, so they just went ahead and burned the city down and took everything. That's the one way to do it. It is a different time. Of course. They also stole sacred objects only priests were allowed to touch, so for example, the Arc of the Covenant. They my favorite one has to do where they shot a Kenyon chief and then decapitated him and his skull was taken to London as a trophy.
Speaker 6: Okay, goodness excessive, but okay, yes, when you compare that to the seventy thousand rubber trees they just decided to steal out of Brazil, it feels.
Speaker 1: Like a nothing burger. Yeah right, I didn't we did it one time. I forget where they would would people would people eat dead people.
Speaker 2: Back in the day.
Speaker 1: Cannibalisms, It isn't cannibalism because to me, cannibalism is about surviving. Okay, technically it is.
Speaker 2: Right right, right, Yeah, I've always known as just you know, eating your own kind, humans eating humans, cows eating cows, you know, so dead or alive. I would still consider that, you know, cannibalism, And I get it if you need to do it to survive all uh the soccer team you know from what was that alive?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that makes sense. It sucks, it's kind of disgusting, but you gots to do is what you gots to dos, you know.
Speaker 2: But then then then you're just doing it for fun. That that's when it takes.
Speaker 1: A weird turn. Okay, So like, for example, this was again England. Uh, they used to think do a thing called kings drops where they would ingest tincture that was powdered human skull mixed with alcohol. Okay, I'm taking half of that equation.
Speaker 2: We'll let you guess which one I'm testing. It's not humans. Oh no, okay to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know why people don't find history fascinating.
Speaker 2: Oh I've always found it fascinating, but I've never really gone so far as back like that. My My biggest history thing was you know, World War two stuff.
Speaker 1: That's about it.
Speaker 2: But it is I think it's neat to go back and revisit all the crazy s that we've done.
Speaker 1: Just the idea that, like when you search for things and find out stuff like that, you're like, what, that's a real thing.
Speaker 2: They really did that. Yeah, that's a good thing. We we've involved evolved.
Speaker 1: Have we.
Speaker 3: Yeah they're there.
Speaker 1: We may not be grinding skull, but we still do stuff that goes kind of against what we all agree are.
Speaker 2: Moralsh one hund. But we're not grinding skulls, so there is we're just touching children.
Speaker 1: Apparently, you're right, GIMPI it's gotten better. Is that a level playing field? Is that a lateral move or is that a step back wards from grinding skulls?
Speaker 2: Okay, you gotta pick one. What are you picking?
Speaker 1: You're picking grinding skulls. Those people hopefully are already dead.
Speaker 2: Right, hopefully that's the key thing.
Speaker 1: And you sit around like you act like you don't know if you eat human you.
Speaker 2: Don't, you don't, you really don't. You just go and you get your meat at the grocery store, and you because it says beef on the package. Yeah, sure that's a cow. Well she was a nicely.
Speaker 1: You might get the occasional hey they've changed the recipe of chocolate, but.
Speaker 2: Ultimately you're not gonna.
Speaker 1: Know, no, not at all. The idea that when you see stuff like that where people are like, oh, they finally returned, like there was a debate, right like, it's clearly not your stuffs. Keepers.
Speaker 2: Well, we've had it will right as their statue limitate on stuff you take from other countries. So just so we're clear what I'm hearing you say, is there a statute of limitations on the arc of the Covenant.
Speaker 1: Right right, Yeah, listen, we've had it for twenty five hundred years. It's kind of ours now, go down the rabbit hole of pandas, like the bear dude. So one of the presidents, not current president, a President Roosevelt maybe wanted to. They went to China to do exploring to find the panda. They found the panda, but guess how they had to get the panda back to do research on it to bring it to America. Keep mind, there were no pandas. There was just a myth at that time. Nobody knew it. It's like sasquatch. Nobody knew it existed. To kill it, you got to kill it. So imagine you hear this myth of a story and it's like amazing. And then you do all the search, and you spend all this money, you spend all this time, you're away from your family, God knows what else you incurred, and then you finally find it in the wild, just eating bamboo, just wagging its head back and forth, darp and durping. Right, And the next thing you know, you're like, whoa gay lord, Look we found it. Look Oh my gosh, Okay, get the gun.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I don't. I'm sure they had sedatives back then. Nope, they killed it. Well I was I was about to say what I was trying to say, Like they had it for like medical purposes, but not like tranquilizers like we have like darts and stuff like that today, Like you know, let's just trank it and then we'll take it alive. Put a little teet night night, you know, and then we'll take it a live. No, that's the only option they really had back then, was ah, well we want this, so we're gonna have to take it, and the only way we know how and that is to kill it.
Speaker 1: But imagine being the president's son and you're like, Dad, can can I talk to you this evening?
Speaker 2: I got an.
Speaker 1: Idea, Sure, your son, What do you so? I want to go on an excursion? Have you heard of the myth of the panda? Okay, yeah, I've heard of that. That means you got to go to China, exactly, diplomatic mission, right, build up relations, we'll find the panda, we'll bring it back. Well, what if you don't find it, Well, then again, it's just good diplomatic. We're helping the China people find the panda. All right, son, how much money do you need?
Speaker 2: Good luck? By the way, don't kill any pandas while you're out there.
Speaker 1: Right. Well, he's probably was like yeah, yeah, just go right, good get good ge, kind of like what the current president is doing with his kids.
Speaker 2: Like the here's some busy work for you. Run something. Just don't ruin it for me. Just get out of my hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, go outside, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can go to your friend's house.
Speaker 1: But they're over there. We think, oh, panda's like, it's such a great story. Nope, we killed it, right, just flopped it over our shoulders, I guess, or carried it armed by arm churching through the jungle of China like tropic thunder. Yeah, but Bence Tiller goes crazy and kills it. So just like Britain, there's we even have. Every country probably pretty much has wild history. You just hear about it, the ones that are at the top of the pecking order, because at one time I think Britain had like a quarter of the of the planet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go in conquer, this is our len Now I am the captain.
Speaker 1: Now yeah, well imagine they show up right, Sorry, I remember it a part in the book, so imagine. Okay, So in the book The Wager it's about this ship going around.
Speaker 2: The the.
Speaker 1: Down near South America and around it's supposed to be like this horrible part of the ocean that's the most impossible to pass, and when the ship goes through, it crashes, right, And so they meet some like quote unquote locals and kill.
Speaker 2: Them, right, Like you don't know.
Speaker 1: So you're like, you're me man, and I've got guns and I've got other advanced technology. We'll just take you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so they didn't. They didn't. There was not it wasn't even a fight. No.
Speaker 1: No, you have something I want and I'm going to take it no matter what means possible. Right, It's just I don't Again, I don't know how people don't find history extremely fascinating. Yeah, there are some stuff I find to be really boring, But there are some stuff in there. You're like, what that is wild that people did that, or that's how they.
Speaker 2: Did that, Right, I'm more interested in how they got to that point.
Speaker 1: They're like, well, you know, like just.
Speaker 2: Just killing and taking, you know, instead of you know, working together. Maybe it's just you know, boom, it's mine now, so hear me out.
Speaker 1: Usually it's because a king didn't like something and he just changed. It's because the way he wanted to like, maybe he didn't like the way a book was being interpreted, so he just rewrote it the way he thought. I'll let you guys figure out what book I'm talking about. It's the bestseller, right, not far off right. So typically that's how it got there. As somebody the leader was like, I don't like this, do it this way, and anybody that stood up, they their heads off. So intimidation all.
Speaker 2: The way around.
Speaker 1: It's gotten us where we are today. Right. Nothing gets me excited like a good pizza in history. How I've changed? All Right? We got to take a break. Coming up, we've got tickets to see Highly Suspect and Smoking Guns. We're gonna see what Lindsay wants to talk about, and we got our top five songs. We'll be back. You're listening to the Big Mad Morning Shoes.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and do news quickies.
Speaker 1: It's time for news quakies. World news, local news and news that just makes you say, what the Here's Corbyn, Gimbi and Lindsay with what's going on news quakies from the Big nine Morning Show.
Speaker 3: In ninety seventy five, Georgia Police raid woman's home looking for fugitive who was already in jail. So a Georgia woman is suing the US Marshal Service and the DeKalb County Sheriff's office after fifteen armed officers rated her home at five in the morning looking for a murder suspect who had been arrested in Indiana four months earlier. The Institute for Justice filed the lawsuit on behalf of Kathy George, who says officers burst into her house in full riot gear, held her at gunpoint, and threatened to arrest her if she didn't reveal the whereabouts of Joshua Smiley, is a fugitive she had never met and had no connection with. She even showed them photos of her own two sons to prove that she wasn't hiding anyone, and after about twenty minutes, an officer looked up and said, I think there's been a mistake, and then the group left without apologizing or explaining the situation at all. Joshua Smiley had actually been arrested in Avon, Indiana, the same week. He was placed on the US Marshal's fifteen most Wanted list, and the Marshals had publicly announced his capture and a press release. So this Kathy George was diagnosed with PTSD. She then moved out of her apartment and says that she is still startled by loud sounds. Her lawsuit accuses officers of violating her fourth, fifth, and fourteenth Amendment right, which provide fundamental protections against government overreach, ensuring privacy, due process, and equal protection. They prohibit unreasonable searches, which is the fourth protect against self incrimination and double jeopardy, and guarantee due process and equal protection at the state level, shaping modern criminal procedure and civil rights.
Speaker 2: This happens all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mistakes are made.
Speaker 3: It's weird though that they'd be looking for someone who's already behind bars.
Speaker 1: Agreed, But sometimes the left I don't know if you know this. It definitely doesn't happen around here. But the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand right, or there's a lapse in paperwork or whatever. Yeah, it just hits harder because who had happened to It happens a lot, and we don't care.
Speaker 2: About those stories. When it happens to them.
Speaker 3: You don't hear about them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But because this it's this lady.
Speaker 3: We're like, oh, she's so frail.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it sucks. It sucks. But that's about where it ends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and who and no one? And they're not responsible for paying for damages to someone.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this on the show. No, they kicked your door in, they toss your house. What happened to afro man? They didn't put his stuff back together. I know you had to take him to court to get it, you know, recoup the money that he lost.
Speaker 3: Actually, they took him to court.
Speaker 2: Right, they were Yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Had to do stuff online if you remember, to try and make his money back.
Speaker 3: That's the whole reason why he made the video.
Speaker 1: Lemon substitute teacher arrested after telling students she's a million dollar prostitute and dorking he never had any of these substitutes me in school.
Speaker 2: This comes out of Florida, where the principal had to go to the classroom of an Angela Jordan she's a substitute, and they say when they got there that she was yelling in coherently and stating that they should go ahead and put her in prison for life. The principal gets there before he calls the deputies and he's like, listen, you gotta go get your stuff and just leave. But she wouldn't do it. She refused, so of course they had to bring the police in and that's when she started yelling and whatnots like that. They say that she told the students that she would engage in sexual activity with them and refer to herself as a million dollar prostitute. They say that when they told her to go ahead and gather her stuff and get out of here, she refused, of course, because she didn't want to get tasered, which doesn't make any sense. If you don't want to get tasered, why are you refusing, It's just my thoughts.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she continued to refuse. They ended up restraining her, taking her to the front office. And now she's looking at misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct, simple battery, and duke counts of disruption of a school function.
Speaker 2: Million dollars.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: That's one expensive word. M h. I mean, if you're worth that, why are you still teaching? Right? But it benefits I guess, I guess get the summer's off to really put into work.
Speaker 2: That's not how much you're charging, right, that's how much you can make. That's your potential. Well, you can make a million dollars.
Speaker 1: No, I would think it's kind of like when a relater says they've done a million dollars in sales. Okay, that's what I'm guessing. I'm guessing, yeah, they're not charging a million dollars pop.
Speaker 2: Because when I hear a million dollar prostitute, I'm thinking, that's how much you're charging, you know, But it makes more sense to be like, I can make you a million dollars overtime.
Speaker 1: Uh. Well, and she was a sub okay, so she needed something to fill her day, right right, right?
Speaker 2: And I guess the xanax and vodka wasn't enough. I just assumed she was on something. Why else would you be acting a fool like that in a classroom full of.
Speaker 1: Kids, right? Uh? And I hate to say this, but I want to see what she looks like to decide whether she's a million dollar prostitute. I just I'm being honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't say that I'm blaming. I honestly didn't even look Angela Jordan.
Speaker 1: That's j o U. I can't believe you didn't look. Yeah, I can't find a picture in my quick little searching here. To me, to me, why would you brag about that? Two kids?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean she looks a.
Speaker 1: Little that's Tanya Jordan. Okay, yeah, this woman looks a little older.
Speaker 2: Now it is.
Speaker 1: She's old. Okay, Now she's old enough where she probably could have garnered that much money in the history because she ain't young. If this is the same person, right, good for you, I guess. Two US soldiers attacked by brown bear during training exercise. This is day number two if you're keeping track of bear incidents. A pair of US soldiers are okay after they were attacked by a brown bear. The Alaska Department of Fish and Game Wildlife officials say they are investigating a bear attack that injured two soldiers during a training exercise on a military base near Anchorage. The incident happened last week on Joint Base Elmdorf Richardson, where the soldiers were participating in land navigation exercises.
Speaker 2: In a remote area.
Speaker 1: The soldiers were injured and what authorities believe was a defensive encounter with a bear that had recently emerged from hibernation. Officials say the soldiers had bear spray with them, which may have prevented more serious injuries. Doesn't say what their injuries are, doesn't say what happened to them that I mean, I get. Yeah, that makes sense that that could potentially be a hazard to carry live rounds with.
Speaker 2: Them during training exercises. Yeah, i'd imagine not since you're just training. Yeah, but with bears, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's what you got to bear spray for. I've never been sprayed with bear mace or regular.
Speaker 2: Mass done it.
Speaker 1: Well, coming up in a minute, All right, we gotta take a break. We'll be back.
Speaker 3: Good morning. Be listening at eight o'clock this morning and just under an hour from now for your first keyword of the day, to rock the bank, and when you hear it, enter that word on lineut kmod A dot com for your shot at one thousand dollars. You've got thirteen chances throughout the day a to win one thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: Good luck, rock the bank.
Speaker 2: Good morning, gimpee, Good morning, Gorban. Don't forget smoking guns is going down Saturday. Get the Bok Center where the police officers are fighting firefighters all for charity. Get your tickets at Bokcenter dot com.
Speaker 5: Linsen Lindsay Lensen, l A n D S Y Lindsay Lindsay Lindsay.
Speaker 1: And D s y.
Speaker 3: Linncy put the end of it in your mouth and suck on it. Yesterday, Corbyn, you had mentioned that Rock Paper Scissors the competition and you had mentioned an NFL name a blast from the past, Tiki Barber, okay, And it kind of sent me down a little rabbit hole of him because I looked him up and I was like, whatever happened to him? And I was like, that couldn't have been his real name. Tiki was a nickname, and it's I found out something interesting about him. I didn't know that he had a twin brother that was also in the NFL. Sure, yeah, his name he went by Ronde Barber, also his nickname. And so I was looking up nicknames of famous NFL players and I was wondering, of all the nicknames, do you know their real name? If you knew the nickname, how well do you know who those nicknames were the real NFL players? How well?
Speaker 2: I would think not very right, right, because that's what they're mostly known by, is their their nickname.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean that's like usually what happens is the player goes, this is my name. They don't go no, you can't be gimpy.
Speaker 3: It's hey, lord, Well, Tiki Barber. I can understand why he went by Tiki because his real name, like I screw him up all the time a team Kiambu. And his brother's name was Jamiel Ronde.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeahmil's not that hard.
Speaker 3: No, uh huh No. And his brother was actually ten minutes older than him, and it meant firstborn son. His brother played for Tampa Bay for sixteen seasons as a cornerback, and Tiki played all ten seasons with the Giants. Do you know who was known as the Bus?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Jerome Bettis Yeah, very good running back for the Steelers.
Speaker 1: I mean a name like Tiki and the Bus. It's clear the Bus is not his real name, nor though it is a nickname. But I was more of like you know how fighters get a nickname, right? Right? Uh?
Speaker 3: Do you know who was known as Mojo or also? He went by mgmjdmg.
Speaker 2: Michael Davis, Michael J.
Speaker 1: Davis. I want to say Joe mix him, but I don't know if that's right. Uh.
Speaker 3: Maurice Jones Drew. He played for the Oakland Raiders and the Jags running back. He retired in twenty fourteen. Who was the blonde Bomber?
Speaker 2: Is it nine?
Speaker 1: No clue?
Speaker 2: He's a quarterback, kind of far.
Speaker 1: I bet you had blonde here too, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I don't know Steeler, No idea. Terry Bradshaw Okay, who was known as the Megatron.
Speaker 1: Well, his name's Megatron. It's Jones is the last name, I think, but I don't remember. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Not Jones, but very common last name. Smith Johnson, Kelvin Johnson, wide receiver for the Lions. Uh, the Nigerian Nightmare.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, don't don't throw softballs.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Why would you. You're not a Chiefs fan. Christian Nakoye. Just go watch any footage of him blasting through a line. He was massive as a running back.
Speaker 2: I remember him as as God give a name, I never knew the nickname.
Speaker 1: I mean, when you hear and see the videos of his like blasting through line, I mean, it is it is unbelievable because he was so He was two hundred and sixty pounds and six one at a time when running backs were not that big, and he ran a four to four okay, lord, Yes, he was massive. And then they replaced him with a guy by the name of Harvey Williams who was a toothpick.
Speaker 2: So the line was.
Speaker 1: Already building making these massive holes. Now they didn't make have to make any hole, and this guy was right through them.
Speaker 3: In the mid seventies we had the Purple People Eaters. Can you name any of the Purple People eaters?
Speaker 1: The Vikings?
Speaker 3: Sure they were, yes, yes, but they were the defensive linemen of the Vikings.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you know any of the linemen from the group? There was Alan Page, Carl Eller, Gary Larson, and Jim Marshall in the mid seventies, but that.
Speaker 2: Was their group name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wasn't their individual name, right, No, no, no, they'd be like, I'm Jim Marshall and there go. Who you know? Purple People? No? Okay?
Speaker 3: Do you know who the Aints were?
Speaker 1: The Aints? Are they related to the is Nots?
Speaker 3: The Aints?
Speaker 1: The Saints?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, the New Orleans Saints in nineteen eighty because they lost fourteen consecutive games, so they were known as the Aints. Who was the ghost?
Speaker 2: Imagine he's a white guy, no clue.
Speaker 3: Dave Casper played for the Oakland Raiders. He was a tight end.
Speaker 2: Oh, Casper ghost got it?
Speaker 3: How about slash.
Speaker 2: Great guitarists, Yes, can't do anything with us hat.
Speaker 3: Uh. You might remember Cordell Stewart wide receiver, LA Cordell Stewart Okay, yeah, when he was on the Steelers. Uh, Minister of defense. Minister of defense, he was a d ND.
Speaker 2: Is it Mike Singletary?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: Then I got nothing it was Uh.
Speaker 3: He had one hundred and ninety eight total career tackles, played for both the Eagles and Green Bay. Does that help you at all?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Regie White, Yeah, yeah, Weapon XH.
Speaker 1: Was his name? Exavier? No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Brian Dawkins of the Eagles, he was a safety captain. Comeback is it nine?
Speaker 2: I have no clue.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Roger Stylebach.
Speaker 1: The freak m Nope.
Speaker 3: Japan curse at d end Uh six four, two hundred and sixty five pounds, seventy four career sacks and three hundred and fourteen career tackles. He played on the Titans.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Night Train, that sounds familiar.
Speaker 1: Couldn't tell you who it was though.
Speaker 3: To me, night Train feels more like a baseball nickname. Okay, probably because of Major League two. Don't be on the tracks when the train's coming through. Okay, but night train was Dick Lane. They called him that because he had a fear of flying, so he never flew with the team to away games. He only travels.
Speaker 2: Just had to have been a long time ago. Yeah, all right, they wouldn't allow that to happen nowadays. Right, it's like, get on the plane.
Speaker 1: Shut the hell up.
Speaker 2: You're smashing into other men.
Speaker 1: Get over it, right? Right?
Speaker 3: What year was this U seventies?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, a different time.
Speaker 3: The playmaker.
Speaker 2: Not have to be confused with the haymaker.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now he's more of a lawsuit maker.
Speaker 2: I would say, Michael.
Speaker 3: Vick ooh, you got the first name right, ooh, Mike Johnson, No, Michael Irvin.
Speaker 2: What's the reference then, well, he's got.
Speaker 3: Chicks coming after him with lawsuits. Okay, getting the hotel.
Speaker 1: Uh. I just remember him from getting popped with all those horrors and cocaine back in the day. That was a good time. Well, go down the rabbit hole of Dallas cowboys and cocaine parties. It's crazy, yes, But I mostly remember him recently for being wild and crazy on the sideline at the Miami at the championship game. Yeah, you're like, what are you doing? You're not playing? Yeah, you haven't played in forty years. There.
Speaker 3: How about Purple Jesus.
Speaker 2: Imagine he plays for the Vikings? He did?
Speaker 3: That was Adrian Peterson running back. Huh Broadway Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe Montana all I'm sorry, Joe Namath, Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe Montana was like Joe cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe Namath got that nickname because he was often seen partying throughout the city of New York.
Speaker 2: Oh, such a dirty, dirty man, is he is?
Speaker 1: But we're blurring self like names given by broadcasters and the media and people that want to be called tiki right right, we're learning that line because those are two different, completely different types of nicknames.
Speaker 3: How about the assassin.
Speaker 1: Dope?
Speaker 3: That would be Safety Jack Tatum of the Oakland Raiders.
Speaker 2: Okay, beast Mode, yeah, Marshawn Lynch.
Speaker 3: Yes, very good. How about Debo? Now, this was actually taken from the movie Friday off that character.
Speaker 1: No, I think it was Deebo Samuel's Yeah, but no, not him.
Speaker 3: This player was said to look just like the actor.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: And that was James Harrison, linebacker for the Steelers. Who went by the nickname Anytime.
Speaker 2: Jerry Rice pac Man Jones. Nope, his nickname would be pac Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Anytime was better known as Devin Hester of No Bears.
Speaker 2: Because pac Man was he just going around eating balls.
Speaker 3: Because at any time he could return kicks or punts back for a touchdown. And it was actually coach Prime Deon Sanders that gave him that nickname.
Speaker 1: Pac Man's nickname was because of his voracious eating habits while breastfeeding. What because he bit down hard according to his mother.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. He wrecked my boobs. That's so that just like made me flinch really hard.
Speaker 1: That's awful.
Speaker 3: A train You know who a train was.
Speaker 1: Is in the boys? Yeah right?
Speaker 2: He was the fast one, right yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, the one girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the only one that's got a conscious right, no clue?
Speaker 3: Uh, Mike Alstott from the Tampa from Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Who's a running back? And one more here the diesel, the diesel, No clue. He was a Washington redskin running back John Higgins Riggins, excuse me, John Riggins. Yeah, he demolished anyone that stood in his way. Yeah, evil Empire.
Speaker 2: Darth Vader.
Speaker 3: Very No, this is very recent, very recent.
Speaker 1: No clue.
Speaker 2: Bill Belichick, Huh, I've never heard that.
Speaker 1: No. Yeah, and again that's a media given name or fan based given name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much. He was given that name after the Spygate scandal and then winning the rings AnyWho NFL nicknames and the ninety first round one of the NFL Draft kicks off tomorrow from Pittsburgh, returning to the city for the first time since nineteen forty eight. Kind of a big deal and you can watch it live at seven o'clock tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: Linsy Lindsey, Linsy Linsen, lndsc Y Lindsey Lindsey, Lindsey.
Speaker 3: D Sdy Linnsey. Put the end of it in your mouth and suck on it.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Big Mad Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Up the Grabs.
Speaker 1: We have tickets to see Highly Suspect and Smoking Guns eleven now. Highly Suspect will be at the Tulsa Theater on June second. Smoking Guns eleven is at the Bok Center on Saturday. Get your tickets Bokcenter dot com if you want to see firefighters and police officers beat the ever living crap out of each other all to raise money for their respected charities, the Firefighters, Oklahoma Firefighters, Bird Camp Police Officers, the UH Oklahoma Special Olympics. And the way this works is we're going to play a game called pick the flick. Current record is.
Speaker 2: Well, sir, you are winning this one with six, Lindsay.
Speaker 1: Is five, and I'm gonna Last week's winner was that would be you, So it's gonna be Lindsay and Gimpy eight three three four six oh K M O D eight three three four six oh K M O D.
Speaker 2: Call up, decide who's going to be your clue giver.
Speaker 1: Whoever gets the most right is gonna win those tickets to see Holly Suspect on June second at the Tulsa Theater and we'll be at Smoking Guns this Saturday. Get your tickets bokaysenter dot com. Let's go ahead and go to the phones and see who we got. Good morning, you're on the air.
Speaker 2: What is your name, Jasmine? Jasmine?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing fine?
Speaker 1: How great? It's great to hear your voice, Jasmine. Who would you like to give you clues? Lindsey or GIMPI. Sixty seconds are on the clock. Timer starts after the first clue are you ready? Yes, here we go, all right.
Speaker 3: John Travolta and Kirsty Ally are a couple and they've got babies that speak to each other. Yes, this is Bruce willis Yippie Kaya. It's not a Christmas movie. Yes, this is Clint Eastwood and he takes unknowingly. He's delivering drugs, picking up drugs and he is this No, it's a newer movie. He directed it and starred in it. He's in a truck and he's taken drugs across the country. Two words, I haven't seen that. Okay, pass. This is a double pointer. This is Rebecca de Mornay and she pretends to be a nanny and she is secretly breastfeeding a baby that is yes, uh huh. This is a spoonful of sugar. Helps the medicine go down. Yes, this is my favorite movie.
Speaker 2: And the guys say that time time time. How did she not get that?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: Congratulations? That's five. Might be good enough for the wind, Jasmine, hang on the line, okay.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, thank you, you're welcome man.
Speaker 2: Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name?
Speaker 1: Dog? John?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: Yes? John? How are you good? You and me to be at five.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, here we go. All right, John boy, this is a football movie. I'm sure what part of the week is football played on Friday? Not right, Nope, try the weekend. Try the weekend. Oh night, Yes, name a football movie that has there you go.
Speaker 2: This has the guy who played Napoleon Dynamite in it, and I think Will Ferrell.
Speaker 1: And it's about ice skating. Huh. Uh, that's not a knife. This is a knife, no cropping out. Patrick Swayze dies and he comes back as one as the Uh. This is a movie.
Speaker 2: I believe Daryl Hannah is a mermaid. When you jump in the water, it makes a.
Speaker 1: Splash. Huh.
Speaker 2: This is the Share movie with the kid that has the fed up face or the Jim Carrey movie.
Speaker 1: We're not quite sure. Time time, time doesn't matter. Congratulations, you're getting those tickets. Man.
Speaker 4: We got the tickets to Smoking Guns eleven, and you got tickets to Highly Suspect, which is June TWI hang on the line, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Sorry Jasmine five that passes what ruined it for you guys did not get the wind.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for playing.
Speaker 3: Pass man.
Speaker 2: Gotcha give me This is the one that she ended on. Yeah, Patrick Swayze, Uh cooks up and sexually assaults a minor girl. And uh it's said, and like what is like mass Chusetts or something last day New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, up in New York A. Yeah, that's about where I'm at. Nobody puts baby in a corner. Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: And then this is the one that she passed on. Oh she was on the right path. Yeah, so far as like giving a good description of the movie, but she wasn't getting it. So I would say another word for a donkey would be.
Speaker 3: That's perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the.
Speaker 3: One that he ended on, Lindsay, Jim Carrey p A R T. Why because I gotta.
Speaker 2: They we're still not sure. Yeah, we don't know which one. And we just had this, I think last week.
Speaker 3: You know, we had Mask last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the difference is the well, but in this game, that doesn't matter, right, right, right, right, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: The record now.
Speaker 1: Keeps you the lead with six but ties, Lindsay. And right now, though, we gotta see what Gimpee has in his four x four says here that heg Seth signs flu vaccine reversal. Secretary of War Pete EGCEPTH is ending the mandatory flu vaccine requirements for service members. This policy change aligns with the Trump administration's effort to reverse COVID nineteen vaccine mandates and reinstate service members who were discharged for refusing them. The Pentagon now views the flu shot as a voluntary measure rather than a strictly required annual mandate. Heg Seth said, the War Department is once again restoring freedom to our joint force. So whatever, go look up the Spanish flu. Dude, see what happened when that was ignored.
Speaker 2: That was the Spanish flu. Sure, totally different. And you don't really mean freedoms.
Speaker 1: Who has freedoms? Freedom? A free freedom, costume a bucko five? Yeah, I mean they have to dress a certain way, have your haircut a certain way. Yeah. Yeah, So there's no I.
Speaker 2: Don't give this guys like its freedom.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. You need to pre pair and equip the most competent military around boom, just like that.
Speaker 2: And he thinks no vaccine is gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the man in charge. Though, what are you gonna do? Right?
Speaker 2: I will go to work, right, I will pay my bills.
Speaker 1: Right, you will kill anybody else, I will wait a minute, and I will annoy you with my opinion about it, because that's still, as far as I know, a freedom for now. Anyway. What else we got here?
Speaker 2: Job satisfaction hits a new low in the US.
Speaker 1: What A new federal survey shows workers satisfaction is plummeting in the United States. The survey by the New York Federal Reserve was released yesterday, and it shows only ten percent of US workers feel they are able to find other jobs. It also shows less satisfaction with job pay, benefits and promotion opportunities, and fewer people out looking for a job job in the last four weeks. The people I know that have jobs, I don't know anybody that says their company treats them great in the current environment, right right, right right. I'm sure maybe one out of ten.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's zero. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but the majority of them like this place sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The culture is at almost every job of my friends is horrible. What else we got here? A new report shows sexual misconduct widespread in politics.
Speaker 2: No, no, Becaulay culkin me, all right, this is your daily shocking news, right, not shocked. A new report shows rampant sexual misconduct is taking place in politics. The National Women's Defense League on Tuesday released its first ever comprehensive reports on sexual misconduct in Congress. It shows over the last twenty years, forty nine members of Congress have been accused of some form of sexual misconduct, including thirty who were accused of workplace sexual harassment. Of those accused, it says, sixty percent we're Republicans and forty percent we're.
Speaker 1: Democrats, and nearly all of them were men. Keyword nearly. I mean you got some names in there too, Are you trying to justify Yeah, well, so it's not all guys, but it's not all guys.
Speaker 2: What else it says It also shows why spread sexual misconduct and state level politics, where over one hundred and sixty politicians have been accused since twenty thirteen. I saw this one.
Speaker 1: She had a wild take online and she was saying that we teach our female children or women, We teach them to take self defense classes, we teach them to carry pepper spray, We tell them to be on the lookout for these type of people, and then when they report it, we don't believe them. Right, It's the world we live in.
Speaker 2: Lastly here has confirmed as the company behind Project Anthem. Amid residence concerns. Meda has officially announced its involvement in a new data center developed in East Tulsa known as Project Anthem, and a post on its website, Meta said it has broken ground on the facility, which would be the company's first data center in Oklahoma and it's twenty eighth in the United States. The three hundred and forty acre development, planned near East eleventh and one hundred and ninety third East Avenue, is expected to support about a thousand construction jobs at peak activity, and about one hundred permanent jobs once operational. Say that last part, that last little part of gaddet, So you're not. You're just as shocked as I am. One hundred permanent jobs once its operation.
Speaker 1: They're all like this. I'm not saying these these businesses are good nor bad, but to imply that they create a tremendous amount of jobs is not accurate.
Speaker 2: Only again in a major.
Speaker 1: Not even in the beginning, if I'm being honest, Because the majority of those contracts to build them are from out of state, right right, right, right right, So for example, like if somebody builds a you know, a chain of Bob's chickens, and bob Chickens usually has the person that builds Bob's Chickens, right, and they come from out of state, so to it, it's a it's a it's a giant guys to imply that this is gonna happen, and most time they get attacked. Get it off my soapbox. It's okay, man, I just I'm okay with it as long as we're being clear. It's not a big job. Get no, no, no.
Speaker 2: But it's an infrastructure take if anything.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if people are like, I'm gonna move to Broken Arrow because they're building a meta data center, right, nobody says that it's a it's completely misleading. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how those are good for the community. The data centers, Yeah, I don't know, but they are popping up some bitch everywhere, everywhere, everywhere, And I'm like, why, why why do we need all these data centers?
Speaker 1: What's the point behind it? And I get it digital age blah blah blah, but it seems to me like this is just the tip of the iceberg. It's going it's a lot deeper than what I Every community, almost every community across the country is saying these are being built, What are they preparing for? What pressure is being relieved? Exactly? What's the problem that this is needed that's not being explained to us? No, No, it's not like, hey, we got to build more cars because there's a big demand for cars. I'm not saying there's not a demand for to be on the internet and all these things. But currently, what's the issue, Like, are we suddenly gonna it's gonna be super fast, like getting information back when I google if I have testicular cancer. Right, it's been working fine just the way it is. What's what's the big secret? What's coming? I don't expect people to know who this group is. But there's a band called BTS, like a K pop band, if you will, and they've recently got in trouble because a former management member was frauding, right, And so that sent me down a rabbit hole of boy bands that have been taken advantage of, or really just any band that's been taken advantage of, and it's it's a pretty deep bench. And you might remember the most famous one being the n Sync one where Ron Peerlman. Yeah, was taking money from them and they weren't getting anything. And that is very common. It is doesn't happen to every young artist, but there's a very decent chance it's going to happen to you if you are a young artist. Ron Perlman, the actor from hell Boy, No, Ron Perlman was the name of the fat man who was taking advantage of I think it was Ron Perlman that sound Lou Pearlman.
Speaker 2: A listen, I got three letters and I got one of the vowels. Right, yeah, I was right there with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, yeah, okay, yeah. Yeah. He looks like a scummy kind of person. Yes, he was a scummy person. And so even the Jackson five was known as being taken advantage of. Their dad pushed them right, would beat them if they didn't do what he what he asked. And keep in mind Michael was very young, which would explain a lot of his erratic behavior. The Monkeys, most people don't know the Monkeys were not a real band, right, They were a manufactured band for TV, so controlled in fact, that they weren't even allowed to play their own instruments. Had somebody else playing for him. Yeah, they just faked it right and the Osmond's Okay Donnan reed banging each other the same thing. They were very young, they had heavy control touring. They didn't understand money. They were just like where we got It, knew it. Dition remember the band New Edition. They were awesome.
Speaker 2: They didn't make any money. That sucks and they were huge, right.
Speaker 1: Another boy band that I don't know if I remember seeing them like on Saturday Morning cartoons I think, or something or I don't know, Minudo and they were known for if you looked old, they just switched you out with a different kid. Ricky Martin might be the most famous ex menudo person And all of them kind of have the same argument besides money, and that is they were just pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed. Even Justin Bieber came out and said that he was the same thing for him and which.
Speaker 2: Kind of I mean, I get it. You're young, you have this career in front of you, and you want to do whatever to make it big. I think that's most musicians when they get into that, they want to be the biggest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that's true. I think their parents want them to be the biggest. I think their parents think it's a career. A lot of them are like, I just sang for YouTube, right, and yeah, who doesn't like like all the attention? Who doesn't like clothes and traveling and all those other things? Because he said even he had money problems in the beginning, not understanding how the system worked. Backstreet Boys in Sync both tied to Loup Pearlman. They took massive cuts, were misrepresented in finances. Oh Town also under Pearlman. Same situation, and one that I don't think people talk about is LFO Okay, that happened to them too, where they were a band that was taken advantage of and they made barely any money and they were taking because the thing is is when you strike, when you hit.
Speaker 2: You know the jackpot. You got to move fast.
Speaker 1: Let's book a bunch of dates, let's go. Don't worry, we'll deal with that later. And you're like, go get on the plane, go to New York, go to La go to London, play that festival, be on you know on MTV, do all these things because we got to get you your it's all big, and then it rolls out of control in your movie so fast you don't know to take advantage of it or to inquire about it. And then the parents are like just trying to watch the kid, and they assume the manager right is taking advantage of or taking care of everything. One direction, same thing they talked about, lack of control, NonStop schedule. But I also feel like, as a kid band or a young artist, should you have control?
Speaker 2: No, not really, but you should be able to trust the people who are in control, you know, and the people who are in control should definitely not be taking advantage of the young artists.
Speaker 1: How do you pick the person who will be in control if you're a young kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tough, man, because you would like to say, we'll let the parents control it. Parents have been screwing over their kids since the beginning of time. Yeah, mccolakulchin would like to have a word.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the parents don't know, they don't have that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So I mean, what do some research talk to other people that are established in the industry and they can like kind of guide you. Yeah, Like, I'm sure there's other people in the industry that could have been like, hey, this lou Pearlman, guy could guess stay away from him. He's that's coming back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But how do you if you're new in the business, and again, everything's moving at you know, fire high fire hose pace right then, and you're just trying to get a drink out of it, how do you how do you contact and call up Justin Bieber's Hey, Justin, it's.
Speaker 2: Right, we're up and coming. Can you tell me the ropes?
Speaker 1: Right? Right?
Speaker 2: Well, that would be where like and I'm just using parents as younger you know, bands there like somebody in their camp, be it their parents or somebody spouse something girlfriend, do the legwork for him, you know, because these guys out here, these bandmates, these band members, they're you're you're absolutely right, they're moving at a lightning speed and they don't know what's going on. But there are people in the background that aren't right, so it's like they could take the time to do a little bit of the leg work.
Speaker 1: But the parents are they are moving at that pace because someone's got to be with them. I ain't letting my kid out of my sight, especially in the entertainment industry, right right. And then what dad's not Let's just say dad, mom goes and dad doesn't, and then Dad's got to probably have a full time job because they need money for benefit. They need benefits. Oh there's another kid. I just I can only imagine how fast it's moving. You think it's just going to be a weakened thing at the mall, and then the next thing, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, you're doing forty eight states. Same thing happened with like Elvis and all these other people.
Speaker 1: They were told that let's just go and play, and you're like, ah, I there's more playing hum and then you get screwed over. Yeah, unbeknownst to you until it's too late, and then you're like, I just want to play. There's people that do that too, put their head in the sand.
Speaker 2: I just want to play.
Speaker 1: I don't care about all that's my business. And then when people hold their hand out like you owe me money the other guy wasn't paying, They don't go to that guy's your name on the man. I was working for you, even though we've never met. But I couldn't believe how long the list was and how common it was. I mean even stories of like uh Demi Levado where she talked about the pressure and control and she didn't want to do it, and that because of her connection to Disney, they pushed her.
Speaker 2: Miley Cyrus said the same exact thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And to me, if it's just one of them saying something, but then someone else has a similar experience and they weren't on the same show or.
Speaker 2: Anything, Yeah, there's something wrong with that company.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And do we need to talk about Britney Spears?
Speaker 1: Right? Is she still in the rehab? I hope so. I hope. So.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen anything pop up yet say she's back again. I hope.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: I saw Pookinakua.
Speaker 1: He's already at day camp for the for the rams, and I'm like, didn't you just go toquote unquote rehab?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounded good this.
Speaker 1: Thirty day and he's entitled to leave. Yeah, but they say thirty days ain't enough. No, And so if he went twenty, he definitely could have been like the same for me. He could have been like, hey, they're just taking advantage of it. Could have been whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it takes twenty one days to make your break a habit.
Speaker 1: Well not with the rehab stuff. No, it's one hundred and one hundred and eighty if I remember correctly, three months. No one hundred and twenty one hundred and twenty days. I'm just guessing. I've never been to rehab, but I can't imagine on day twenty two they go, congratulations, here's your certificate. Right, have a nice day. Don't come back, right, dude, don't even go down that rabbit hole. Of the people that own the rehabs are also the people that owned the halfway houses.
Speaker 2: Right right, Just keep that endless and they keep a circle going.
Speaker 1: They remind you, like where you can go corrupt massively, and a lot of states don't have government stayed oversight, so they can do whatever they want financially or internally.
Speaker 2: It's a wild rabbit hole to go down.
Speaker 1: And then on top of these people who are trying to figure out their life and sometimes killing themselves and their family members. And I don't mean sometimes I mean literally, but I sometimes mean mentally, and then they're just praying off that. Yeah, it's disgusting, all right, We got to take a break. People are awesome. Man killed wife she prepared for their son's third birthday party. Oh good lord, that's not awesome at all.
Speaker 2: But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Uh, man fatally shot team while playing game with guns. They called quote quick draw. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean you got to make it as realistic as possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's unclear if it's t too video game or they were playing like Russian roulette game. Yeah, funny thing about QuickDraw. It's one turn, yeah, right, unless there's a line. But I'm gonna and winter does take all. There you go. Man shoots girlfriend twice while she took a bath during argument over finances. Shot her in the bathtub. That's easy clean up.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We just drain the water and hose it out. Yeah, but if you want to def it, you gotta get the body out. Well. Yeah, because once you drain it's still things are still gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Well, you gotta let it hang out there for a little while so the body can drain.
Speaker 3: And you just throw a blow dryer in there.
Speaker 2: Make it looked like an accident, be less bloody.
Speaker 1: Does that actually work? Okay, coming up in minutes, Yes, of course it does. Electricity and water doesn't know, they don't mix.
Speaker 2: But I mean, come on, is it putting a toe store or a hair dryer in there gonna cause enough of a shock to actually kill somebody? I know, we've seen it on movies and television, and that's where we get a lot of our knowledge from. But does that really actually kill somebody?
Speaker 1: I think you're bringing up a very good point in modern times. I think the system is designed for when there's some sort of power intrusion like that, to cut itself off the breakers.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yes.
Speaker 1: People have died from electrical appliances, including toasters being dropped in bathtub water. In nineteen fifty five, an eighteen month old child died after pulling a toaster into a bath because everybody loves a good crispy bread and jam while they're hanging out. Another more recent case involved a mother and son killed by a heater in the bath, highlighting the danger of appliances near water. Okay, Okay, I get the heater, it gets kind of cold in there, but I'm still a toaster in the bathroom. So apparently MythBusters did an episode about this, did they really? Yeah? MythBuster that was a good show. Yeah, so the circuit that they used did not include a bath tub. As long as the water has some salts, it will transfer current into your body. Jumping a live toaster into a bathtub will complete the circuit between you and the electric outlet in the wall. So, yeah, you would be electrocuted. You would only need a tiny bit of current to die, Okay. From the episode quote the current and most electrical appliances as well above the levels the human body can withstand. The electric electrocution effect is increased if the appliance drops farther from the drain, or if the water has more salt in it due to urine or epsom salts.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, why are you peeing in the bathtub?
Speaker 1: You know? They also prove that devices and probably extension sockets with GFCIs are effective at preventing these electrocutions, as a GFCI equipped hair dryer cut off on contact with water.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I used to jam butter knives in the toaster as a kid for fun, right, and then I'm hold only I'm still here.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be different, okay, because that's a heating coil, right right, I mean, not electrical current. There's still electrical electricity going through. That's how it heats it up, but not like a string, not like putting it straight into the outlet like that. Yeah, test your theory again with an outlet Okay, No, don't I need to say that for legal purposes. No, don't. Fair enough. Yeah, I don't want to. I don't want to be on the air pushing a narrative that you don't die.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious, you know, because again, we see it in movies and television all the time, but how often has that been proven wrong? And I'm glad the MythBusters did something about it.
Speaker 1: I know what you're implying, and you're saying that, Hey, not everything on TV is accurate, but people do die when they get shot. So there are some things on TV that are true true. Okay, fair enough. A couple refuse to fill girls feeding to stopped giving round the clock care.
Speaker 2: Not awesome.
Speaker 1: I mean, if she needs a feeding tube, she needs a lot of assistance. Probably man sitting on his porch suddenly shot dead by minor who was driven to his home.
Speaker 2: So the dude just sitting on porch mining his own business. Some kid comes up shoots him and was driven there. Yeah, was driven there. Gang related has to be, has to be. Hey, we'll let you in. You just gotta you gotta kill somebody.
Speaker 1: Uh. Six month old died after Amish quote healer treated him with lavender oil. Does lavender oil have life saving benefits? It does smell delicious. It does. If you ever go to a place that does your haircut like a barber, and they do the hot towel and then they put like drops on it, Oh my goodness, this is lavender oil reduces stress anxieting in some i can promote healing for skin irritations, burns, and wounds, and also allegedly can ease tension with headaches, and has antiseptic properties a natural bug repellent. Here's the problem with these type of statements. You think that's true that has healing properties. I'm not saying that that's not accurate that lavender oil does that. But when you go buy the cheapest one at Walmart, that doesn't mean it's one hundred percent lavender oil or the lavender oil they used to come to those.
Speaker 2: Theories, So you'd have to get your own lavend or make your own oil.
Speaker 1: Good luck. You know how hard it iss squeeze oil out of a lavender flowery tell me about it. Lavender is surprisingly good on chicken, by the way, apparently an ice cream two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, and lavender honey, Oh delicious.
Speaker 1: Lavender ice cream is pretty good. Yeah, you never had that, gim but you feel like a lavender ice cream guy. I'm good.
Speaker 2: I don't have a lot of lavender yes from.
Speaker 3: The guy who's stuck knives and toasters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he also loves a good avocado toast and some bubbles. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll start sprinkling some lavender oil on my avocado toast.
Speaker 1: Set up a bit. Do you own lavender oil in your house? Lindsay probably?
Speaker 3: I know I have lavender oil scented things.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But do you own lavender oil?
Speaker 3: Probably somewhere.
Speaker 2: What did you use it for? You think?
Speaker 3: I remember when bathroom body works. Yes, yes, they used to make a lavender oil spray to put on your pillow to help you see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's not lavender oil, that's just lavender. That's a water down spray. Yeah, Gimby, do you own lavender oil? No, sir.
Speaker 2: Do you own any essential oils?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I had to think there's a slight possibility that some got left behind from many years ago, because why, I just haven't cleaned out my life that much, right, So I can't with one hundred percent certainty say no, I don't have any not that you're aware of, not that I'm aware of. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't have any essential oils.
Speaker 1: But you never know.
Speaker 2: If we were in Vegas, that's probably where I would have put my money.
Speaker 1: I leid know.
Speaker 2: How many do you think I have?
Speaker 1: Now? That could be zero? Okay, So how many.
Speaker 2: Do you think I have?
Speaker 1: Does it have to be lavender? Is it just essential oil centil oils? We can all go with lavender first. Do you think I have a lavender oil? Lindsay yes, Gimpy, yes, I do. Now, how many essential oils do you think I have?
Speaker 3: At least ten?
Speaker 1: Okay, forty three? Goodness, gracious, horrible things about me?
Speaker 2: I have five?
Speaker 1: Okay for every day of the week. Well, I have eucalyptus. I put it in air purifiers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have lavender because we used to put it on dryer balls.
Speaker 1: It nine to put in the dryer and then and I have peppermint for when we make cleaning products.
Speaker 2: I put that in there.
Speaker 1: Okay. I have an orange one for cleaning products, and I have a limon one for cleaning products.
Speaker 2: Okay, most of them are for cleaning products.
Speaker 1: They're all for cleaning products minus eucalyptus and that one's for humidifiers.
Speaker 2: Okay, game changer, dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, keep it in mind. Number one morning show here on this rock station KMOD. All Right, we're gonna take a break and we'll be back.