Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and Ton on KOLA.
Speaker 3: Ninety one FM.
Speaker 4: Got Wait to Stay and the nicety cuts through prey by Coronald Keith sad Day.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, and welcome to a Friday edition of the show Altogether. Now that air hit cup wait that first air warn is how I feel today. I feel like I've been hit by truck a rod and I got back last night.
Speaker 6: Yes, that is how I feel.
Speaker 5: That's how I felt like starting in the Monday and then down. We got back last night at like ten thirty. Watch the speech last night on the aeroplane and we have those to talk about. But I think both of us are feeling rather exhausted. I mean, I'm I'm way older than you, Aerod, and I'm gonna tell you I feel like I've been I've run a marathon in the last four days.
Speaker 6: It's been nuts.
Speaker 7: I felt pretty good this morning, and then ironically after I drink a Red Bull to get even a little bit more feeling good.
Speaker 8: Got it the other way. I'm not more tired. It makes no sense.
Speaker 5: No it's a sugar crash. That's what you did to yourself. You're sugar sugar free. Oh yeah, that's true. I guess you're right about that energy. I don't know what's just can of chemicals that sugar free Red bull. Anyway, So today's the day that we can dish the dirt on the Democratic National convention because I.
Speaker 6: Am no longer at their party.
Speaker 5: As I said all week, I was at their party and did not want to pee in the punch bowl. So today let the peeing commence. Anyway, let's do the blog because I got a lot of stuff on the blog that we need to talk about. And then next week we'll get back to hopefully, I mean, actually, let me.
Speaker 6: Just say this.
Speaker 5: What I was about to say was next week we'll get back to kind of a better mix of politics and other stuff. Right, we have a little bit of other stuff today on the show, but I can't say that because we are in the most insane election cycle that I have ever experienced in my lifetime, and anything could happen, right, I mean, anything could happen.
Speaker 6: That's how I.
Speaker 5: Feel now, because right now we live in a world where the Democratic Party just had a convention where they just were like, Hey, you know what, we love everything Republicans love. We love it all even though everything in their policy says otherwise. We're gonna get into this a little bit. Let's go to the blog. You can find it at mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. Look for the headline that says eight twenty three to twenty four blog We're back and Kamala could be president.
Speaker 6: Click on that and here are the headlines you will find within and.
Speaker 9: Anyone's listing office.
Speaker 7: Half of American all with ships and clipments, and say that's corta press plant.
Speaker 5: Today on the blog. It's an ask Me Anything Friday. Kamala Harris knocked it out of the park last night.
Speaker 6: Scrollings, scrolling, scrolling, Just who is running.
Speaker 5: The country right now? Oh geez, I have to scroll all the way down because I invented all of Donald Trump's reaction posts from yesterday. Just who is running the country right now? Representative Lisa Prazzell joins me to talk about the special session next week, an event for the over sixty five crowd. Democrats now write their own rules, both nationally and at the state level. Scrolling, scrolling, PBR has moved and that's no ball about that massive jobs number correction. No, Democrats are not the Party of freedom, nerdy population facts for you. Most climate policies don't work. The Taliban Biden empowered subjugates women. More good food at DIA, epic or icon pass Lots to do in Colorado this weekend. Asking Kamala Harris supporters about why she has their support. Asking Tamala supporters about policy positions. John Stossel gives us Kamala Unfiltered Poverty and parents explain the achievement gap.
Speaker 6: Chick fil A is adding a new product to the lineup.
Speaker 5: Police made the top cringiest moments from the DNC vibe check RNC versus DNZ. Those are the headlines on the blog at mandy'sblog dot com. And as I said, you feel free, you ask thro VR text line five six six nine zero. You just shoot that over to the Common Spirit Health text line. And I am going to answer these questions so because I've already got them coming in, because we were we were observers a rod. That was what I viewed my role as observing, allowing the Democrats to make their case. And I have to give a lot of credit to the Democratic Party whoever planned the DNC because it was equal parts anti Trump and equal parts fluff, and.
Speaker 6: They had musicians playing.
Speaker 5: I believe that they leaked a rumor last night that Taylor Swift or Beyonce were going to appear so young people would watch the convention. I honestly believe that, because that's what I would do if I wanted young people to watch the convention. I'm saying, you know what, you know who's going to be there. Taylor Swift is going to perform tonight or Beyonce is going to perform tonight. And it didn't happen, but they probably got more young eyeballs because of it. And last night Kamala Harris gave a speech in which she appeared to be incredibly likable. For some reason, she told her story again, even after it's been told like fifty times during the convention, she told it again. But she was engaging, she was likable, and she delivered that speech incredibly well. So when I say Kamala Harris knocked it out of the park, I am talking about she knocked it out of the park to the people that are the low information voters. I think Rischlimbah really nailed it when he coined the term low information voters. There are people that watched last night for five minutes and we're like, Nope, she's my girl.
Speaker 6: Listen to her. She's so positive that joy I can't the vibe is so good, and they're going to vote for her based on that.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 5: I say that because realistically, you guys, the Republican Party has five weeks from today to rewrite the story of Kamala Harris. They have five weeks from right now, because in five weeks, ballots start dropping across the country, and once ballots drop, it doesn't matter how you define your opponent because people will have already cast their votes. This is one of the things I hate about early voting. I mean, I really hate it about early voting because people will cast their ballots and like in the primary, you'll cast your ballot and somebody will drop out before your actual primary day and your vote is just for no one, absolutely no one. So I don't like early voting. But the reality is is that the Republican Party has about five weeks to redefine Kamala Harris or define her positions for her, which is the strategy I think they have to adopt because the news media has proven itself to be wildly uninterested in forcing the issue of why she hasn't had a press conference, why she hasn't sat down for a lengthy interview except with Tim Walls, and they're like, you know what, there's just so much of a vibe going on right now.
Speaker 6: We don't need any meat on the bones. It's a vibe.
Speaker 5: Kamala Harris is the candidate who is Obamacare. We have to elect her to find out what she's going to do. And it is incredibly important that the Republican Party go back and remind everyone of what she said she was going to do when she was actually running for president. You know, the thing that shocked me the most this past week, and I'll just be straight up, the thing that shocked me the most was that literally no one at all, at all, at anywhere was talking about the fact that for the second time, party leaders in the DNC decided who was going to be the candidate, not the voters. Remember what they did to Bernie Sanders in twenty sixteen. They absolutely decapped him, and this time they didn't even recap the opponent.
Speaker 6: They didn't let anyone else in the race.
Speaker 5: They are still still right now today they are fighting in court to keep RFK Junior off the ballot in different states because they don't want you to have options. They don't even want you to have the candidate that you voted for. And they who exactly who were the deciders who named Kamala Harris the candidate? I'd love to know the answer to that question. Where was the meeting, When did it take place? Was it open to Democrats? Did they have a discussion, were other candidates talked about?
Speaker 6: No, none of these things happened.
Speaker 5: So we have Democratic Party leadership that is just deciding everything, and then you have a willing news media who is doing the bidding for Kamala Harris. Whether it is the choice by certain journalists who only cover the DNC and not the RNC. You can just figure out who I'm talking about there. I mean, just you know, or it is the absolute unseeriousness of them just accepting that a major candidate, actually the most big candidate right now leading in the polls, has released one policy position one.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 5: That's where we are right now. So yeah, but Republicans better get their heads out of their asses. Because Donald Trump has no discipline at this point. Donald Trump needs to be rained in. He needs to be put on message. And if you want to see a perfect example of that, I want you to go back and watch Donald Trump's acceptance speech, which for the first twenty three minutes was rivening because he talked about being shot, and for the next hour was a rambling mess. And last night Kamala Harris stayed on message. She stayed on point, in out in thirty seven minutes. Nobody was yawning, nobody was falling asleep. That's how you do an acceptance speech at a convention. So somebody needs to rein in Donald Trump's worst instincts. They need to be hammering the fact that she is a full blown leftist progressive bordering on socialism, which she talks about things like the government needs to build more affordable housing. No, that is not what needs to happen. No, she never talks about unleashing the American economy. She talks about government doing these things. It's terrible, I mean absolutely terrible. So let me get some of these questions, because there are a bunch they are coming in. Are you not going to cover RFK dropping out coming up in a few I absolutely will. But I googled that this morning and I didn't have a time, I didn't have a place. There was nothing about it in the news this morning.
Speaker 6: So as soon as that.
Speaker 5: Happens, and if he endorses Trump, I will absolutely talk about that. We've talked about it throughout the week. As soon as the news broke, we talked about it. I don't know that it's a huge positive if he endorses Trump, but every little bit helps because I do think this election is going to be very, very close. Mandy, if you missed Chicago Beef hot Dog, Chicago Mike's Beef and hot Dogs on Briarwood Avenue, I've only had their beef.
Speaker 6: See they have thin.
Speaker 5: Crust pizza two. Okay, good, I'll take that. It was all Trump fear pandering, says this texter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was all Boogeyman Trump Project twenty twenty five and the Republicans rejected a bipartisan border deal.
Speaker 6: And do you guys realize that all of those talking.
Speaker 5: Points are self inflicted wounds by the Republican Party. The Heritage Foundation under Kevin Roberts, has made so many critical errors that have absolutely derailed their mission, which is to put conservative policy positions forward by presenting Project twenty twenty five as a hey, we've created this guide for your first year in office, and attaching themselves to Donald Trump, they could very well be the reason he loses this election, among other things.
Speaker 6: So we got that. We have Mitch McConnell, who sends a one Republican in the.
Speaker 5: Negotiated deal who's not up for reelection for six years. Mitch McConnell knows that there is a huge section of the United States that wants cheap labor from over the southern border.
Speaker 6: He was coltowing to them.
Speaker 5: He set him up for failure, and now they've given them the talking point that Republicans are the problem on the border.
Speaker 7: Yes, a roy and he by the way it looks like right now, and I think we probably will be able to carry it if it happens during a good time in the show. It looks like RFK is going to address the nation in moments and Fox News is CG says right now, RFK Junior speaks the mind reports he'll drop out, And previously, just a few moments ago they had mentioned about the reports about him endorsement Trump.
Speaker 8: So he's scheduled to talk any minutes, so we can carry that.
Speaker 6: We will, we'll grab it. If we can't, we will will grab it and see if we can cover that.
Speaker 5: So again, I don't know if it's a game changer, but clearing the decks does help in the long run. The Democrat the Democratic Party is so fake. They became patriotic gun police wall lovers overnight.
Speaker 6: Exactly right, exactly right.
Speaker 5: They're they're trying to just steal the Republican issues that Republicans have been banging the drum about, and they're doing it to appeal to moderates who don't like Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: And you know what, it might work.
Speaker 5: It just may work. Somebody said on one of my posts. Yeah, they're getting ready to steal the election. If you think there is not enough hatred of Donald Trump to get Kamala Harris into the White House, you are just being willfully ignorant.
Speaker 6: People that don't like Donald Trump just don't like him.
Speaker 5: They hate him, and they're looking for anybody that seems reasonable to vote for. Ah, Mandy, what omen and or person almost pushed you over the edge to say, bs that is a lie? Wednesday Night Speaker after speaker after speaker, and when Governor Jared Polis stood up there with that asinine copy of the Damn Project twenty twenty five book and blatantly lied about what was in it, that was for me.
Speaker 6: I was like, I'm done out.
Speaker 5: I cannot do this because I know Jared Pulus well enough to know he is an incredibly intelligent person, so he knew what he was saying.
Speaker 6: Up there was a lie.
Speaker 5: He did it anyway to suck up to the Democratic Party because he wants to be president. Liar liar, pants on fire. Mandy, did you enter a pie in the state fair competition this year? I did not, mostly because I was going to be gone This week. Mandy Polis blamed Trump for the COVID mandate in Colorado. Yes, I heard that. He said it on my show, but because I was being on my best behavior allowing you to hear directly from the Democrats' mouths without interruption.
Speaker 6: Let it go.
Speaker 5: But you all know, you all know exactly what happened when he told you that you were going to kill Grandma and wear a damn mask.
Speaker 6: Remember that.
Speaker 8: How dare you not challenge what on your show? Would they say something you disagree with.
Speaker 5: When I was at their house, I didn't want to pee in their punch bowl. Now I am not at their house, and now I am peeing away. Rhetorically, you must.
Speaker 7: Attack at all times, though, Mandy, one hundred the time attacking.
Speaker 6: I know, I know, I know, but that's not how I roll and never will. Just not not how I do things. And I really wanted to have.
Speaker 5: The same experience at the at the u DNC that I had at the RNC, which is just letting people talk and letting you make up your own minds, right, I mean, I just think that that's the way that we should be doing things. I also trust this audience and I trust you guys to hear the same things I hear. Right, I think you're smart. I don't need to walk you through, you know, a word by word of what you should think like other people do. I'm just saying, let me see here, trying to get this to update, and it won't all right, So lots of these are coming in and I'm trying get it was a great speech to batter pants didn't catch on fire, says that text her Mandy. It was a group therapy session for people who think they were hurt by Trump before and think he's coming to hurt them again. So I heard very well done Texter, Mandy, thank you and the KAA team reporting was there. Was there the same demonstrations that the RNC as we saw at the DNC. No, there was one demonstration. It was called march on the RNC. They said tens of thousands of people were gonna come. It ended up being tens of people and the.
Speaker 9: The the so called.
Speaker 6: Protests that were expected at this did not materialize.
Speaker 5: Although did you see a rod that apparently last night as people were trying to leave, Palestinian protesters were standing in front of the ride share cars. Can you imagine how angry everyone was at that? Oh boy, yeah, yeah, yeah, you guys, after the after the convention is over, everyone, so thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of people pour out into the streets, a vast majority of whom we're trying to get a ride share.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 5: It was pretty remarkable, uh, the way they had that set up, and it seemed to work pretty well. We of course just had to walk back to our abode, which was right down the street. It was fantastic, let's do this let's take a very quick time out. I'm going to organize these questions a little bit and we're gonna just wait and see if RFK drops out, we will cover that for you because I also want to hear it.
Speaker 6: And uh so we'll get that as we do.
Speaker 5: But we got to take a quick time out and get some news, traffic and weather back after this. We were just talking about this off the air, and and you know what was offered to r f K Junior, because all of this stuff, all these endorsements are very transactional, right so uh and and A Rod said, well, do you think that Kamala Harris.
Speaker 6: Said, you know, didn't offer it.
Speaker 5: I don't think that the Democrats are concerned at all, well maybe a little bit about about him endorsing Trump because they didn't think it would happen. They've been working very diligently to just keep him off the ballot.
Speaker 8: Well, the Democratic what was that bluff?
Speaker 5: Called yes, exactly, So we'll see what this means. But you just said something A Rod I thought was kind of interesting. A Rod said, now I don't even have the chance to consider voting for him, right, like like that was going to be your respite in the storm if you can't figure out a way to vote for either of these and uh yeah, I think a lot of his followers are going to be super mad.
Speaker 6: I think super super mad. So where they end up, I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 7: Those votes kind of null and void because those that maybe were considered voting for him just don't vote, and then it just doesn't matter at the end of the day because it was either an RFK vote or no vote.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day, I think some of them will take their marbles and go home and leave it blank. I do think that it really depends on how much they hate Trump, and you know, whether or not they can stomach voting for Kamala Harris not knowing anything about what she would be like as a prisondent because we don't know. Let me rip through some of these text messages because there is a lot of them, and I want to get this to you, Mandy. I don't think low information voters are confined to the Democratic Party. I would almost say party affiliation these days is probably more assigned that you're a low information voter than paying attention as an affiliate unaffiliated voter depends on who you are in the party, right, you know? I mean there are people in the that are very active in both parties that are that are passionate about this stuff. But I agree they are low information voters on both sides. There are also a lot of low information voters that are affiliated. There's a reason they're unaffiliated because they can't pick a side. Mandy, did you happen to bring back.
Speaker 6: Anything cruss pizza from Chicago?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I got stymied because a Rod and I we have this this momentary flash of hope that we'd be able to get on an earlier flight, and then we got into Chicago traffic, and that hope was dashed into the dust, absolutely into the dust. So no, I didn't get more thin Crest pizza, but I also didn't.
Speaker 6: Make the earlier flights.
Speaker 5: It was just complete wash and super irritating, and I'm very unhappy about that anyway, Mandy man Baby Trump responds in real time during Kamala's speech.
Speaker 6: Where's Hunter?
Speaker 5: By the way, Doug m Hoff is the one who had the affair with the nanny, not Waalts. Yes, I clarified that yesterday when I just had the wrong name in my head and Honestly.
Speaker 6: The exhaustion had just fit in.
Speaker 5: How are we supposed to compete with people that all they do is lie? And worst of all, the sheep believe it.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 5: I saw an interesting comment about Trump lying versus Kamala Harris lying and the Democratic Party and the kind of lying they do, and I'm gonna have to say I agreed with it. Trump lies about dumb crap that doesn't matter. He lies about self aggrandizing, hyperbolic just to make himself look better. But I cannot have I cannot think. And I thought about this after I saw this comment on X yesterday. I was trying to think about things that Donald Trump just blatantly lied about when it came to important issues, and I could not think of them. Maybe there are, and if you want to text them to five six six nine, oh please do. But Kamala Harris and the Democratic Party lied about a bunch of stuff last night and the night before.
Speaker 6: They're this lying about Project twenty twenty five. Is genius on their part.
Speaker 5: I mean genius because nobody's gonna read a nine hundred page document and all these people are just gonna assume that what they're saying is true.
Speaker 6: It's a really smart move.
Speaker 5: She doesn't even have policy positions on our website, but there's a nine hundred page pdf you can download on the Democrat page. Because they don't want you to pay attention to them. This is all look over you, look over here.
Speaker 6: That's all the whole convention was. Look over here. Don't ask us look over there. Oh yeay, yay. It was really really, really bad. Let's see, Mandy.
Speaker 5: It is not true that the Republican Party has been railroaded by Trump's threats to primary them if they don't bow to the king. Adam Kenzinger's speeches are always impressive and on point. Adam Kenzinger needs to just become a Democrat. I mean, he just needs to stop pretending that he's not. And I'm just gonna say this about the Republicans who showed up at the Democratic National Convention to talk about why they couldn't vote for Trump. They are officially useful idiots, because if you're a real Republican and you know anything about the policies that Kamala Harris espoused when she ran for president the first time, you cannot support that ticket.
Speaker 6: You just can't.
Speaker 5: So they all became useful idiots by talking about how they could not get behind Trump.
Speaker 6: And I understand it, I truly do.
Speaker 5: You guys know this, But I would never appear at a Democratic Convention to say that.
Speaker 6: I just wouldn't.
Speaker 5: There's a big difference between complaining about Donald Trump as a Republican and quite another than appearing at a DNC to support people that are espousing And we will do everything that you find to be horrible for the United States as I do. Big, big, big difference. We're going to take a quick time out. We're gonna hear from RFK Junior hopefully right when we get back.
Speaker 6: Stick around. We're coming right back on KWA keep everybody waiting.
Speaker 10: Sixteen months ago, in April of twenty twenty three, I launched my campaign for President of the United States.
Speaker 9: I began this journey as a Democrat, the party my father, my uncle, the.
Speaker 10: Party which I pledge my own allegiance to long before I was old enough to vote. I attended my first Democratic Convention at the age of six in nineteen sixty and back then, the Democrats were the champions of the Constitution of civil rights. The Democrats stood against authoritarianism, against censorship, against colonialism, imperialism, and unjust wars. We were the party of labor of the working class. The Democrats were the party of government transparency and the champion of the environment. Our party was the bulwark against big money interests and corporate power.
Speaker 9: True to its name, it was the Party of democracy.
Speaker 10: As you know, I left that party in October because it had departed so dramatically from.
Speaker 9: The core values that I grew up with. It had become the.
Speaker 10: Party of war, censorship, corruption, big pharm a, big tech, and big money we wanted abandoned democracy by canceling the primary to CEO the cognitive decline of the sitting president. I left the party to run as an independent.
Speaker 9: The mainstream of American.
Speaker 10: Politics and journalism derided my decision. Conventional wisdom said that it would be impossible even to get on the ballot as an independent because each state poses an insurmountable tangle of arbitrary rules for collecting signatures. I would need over a million signatures, something no presidential candidate in history had ever achieved, and then I need a team of attorneys and millions of dollars to handle all the legal challenges from the d N. To say the naysayers told us that we were climbing a glass.
Speaker 9: Version of Mount Impossible.
Speaker 10: So the first thing I want to tell you is that we prove them wrong. We did it because, beneath the radar of mainstream media organs, we inspired a massive independent political movement.
Speaker 9: More than one hundred.
Speaker 10: Thousand volunteers sprang into action, hopeful that they could reverse our nation's decline. Many work ten hour days, sometimes in blizzards and blazing heat. They sacrifice family time, personal commitments, and sleep month after months. Energized by a shared vision of a nation yield of its divisions, they set up tables at churches and farmers' markets.
Speaker 9: They canvas door to door.
Speaker 10: In Utah and in New Hampshire, volunteers collected signatures in snowstorms, convincing each supporter to stop in the frigid cold, to take off their gloves, and to sign legendly. During a heat wave in nevadaim And a tall, athletic volunteer who cheerfully told me that he had lost twenty five pounds collecting signatures and then one hundred and seventeen degree heat. To finance this effort, young Americans donated their lunch money and senior citizens gave up there part of their social Security checks. Our fifty state organization collected those millions of signatures and more. No presidential campaign, any political American political history, has ever done that, And so I want to thank all of those dedicated volunteers and congratulate the campaign's staff who coordinated this enormous logistical feat. Your accomplishments were regarded as impossible. You carried me up that class mountain. You pulled off a miracle. You achieved and all the puntinents said could never be done. You have my deepest gratitude, and I'm never going to forget that, not just for what you did for my campaign, but for the sacrifices you made because you.
Speaker 9: Love our country.
Speaker 10: You show to everyone that democracy is still possible here. It continues to survive in the press and in the idealistic human energies that still thrive beneath the canvas of neglect and of.
Speaker 9: Official and institutional corruption.
Speaker 10: Today, I'm here to tell you that I will not let allow your efforts to go to waste. I'm here to tell you that I will leverage your tremendous accomplishments to serve the ideals that we share. The ideals of peace, of prosperity, of freedom, of health, all the ideals that motivated my campaign. I'm here describe the power forward you've opened with your commitment and with your hard labors. Now in an honor system, I believe that I would have won the election in a system that kind my father and my uncles thrived in. The system was open debates with their primers, with regularly scheduled debate with their primers, and with a truly independent media, untainted by government propaganda and censorship. In a system of nonpartisan courts and election boards, everything would be different. After all, the polls consistently showed me beating each of the other candidates, both in favorability.
Speaker 9: And also in head to head matchups.
Speaker 10: But I'm sorry to say that while democracy may still be alive at the grassroots, it has become a little more than a slogan for our political institutions, for our media, and for our government, and most sadly at all, for me, for the.
Speaker 9: Democ Credit Party.
Speaker 10: In the name of saving democracy, the Democratic Party set itself to dismantling it, lacking confidence in its candidate.
Speaker 9: That his candidate could win in a fair election.
Speaker 10: At the voting booths, the DNC wage continual legal warfare against both President Trump and myself. Each time that our volunteers turned in those towering boxes of signatures needed to get on the ballot, the DNC agniscent to court state after state, attempting to erase their work and to subvert the will of the voters who had signed those petitions. It deployed DNZ aligned judges to throw me and other candidates off the ballot and to throw President Trump in jail. He ran a sham primary that was rigged to prevent any serious challenge to President Biden. Then, when a predictably bungled debate performance precipitated the palace coup against President Biden, the same shadowy DNC operatives appointed his successor, also without an election.
Speaker 9: They insold a.
Speaker 10: Candidate who was so unpopular with voters that she dropped out in twenty twenty without winning a single delegate. My uncle and my father both relish debate. They prided themselves on their capacity to go toe to toe with any opponent and the battle over ideas.
Speaker 9: They would be.
Speaker 10: Astonished to learn of a Democratic Party presidential nominee who like Vice President Harris has not appeared in a single interview or an unscripted encounter with voters for thirty five days. This is profoundly undemocratic. How are people to choose when they don't know on their using and how.
Speaker 9: Can this look to the rest.
Speaker 10: Of the world. My father and my uncle were always conscious of America's image abroad because of our nation's role as the template for democracy, the role model for democratic processes, and the leader of the free world. Instead of showing us her substance and character, the DNC and its media organs engineered a surge of popularity for Vice President Harris based upon well, nothing, no policies, no interviews, no debates. I'm only smoking mirrors and balloons in a highly reduced Chicago's circus. They are in Chicago history of Democratic speakers mentioned Donald Trump one hundred and forty seven times just on the first day. Who needs a policy when you have Trump to hate? In contrast, at the RNC convention, President Biden.
Speaker 5: You guys, we are going to butt in right now to RFK Junior. We're gonna actually we're rolling.
Speaker 6: On this right now.
Speaker 5: Gotta tell you, I kind of agree with what he's saying about the way the Democratic Party is treated him. We'll do more of this on the other side of the break. Keep it right here in news, trafficking weather coming up next.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and Injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, It's Mandy Connell and KA ninety FM.
Speaker 4: Got stay the nicety through three Andy Connal, keithby sad Thing.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the second hour of the show. We ran tate on our FK junior so we could play it for you. Ay Rod, summarize what we're what we're missing between when we cut off and.
Speaker 7: What we're going to He's basically continue you like you like you heard him talk about the ways of the Democratic Party has failed bull democracy and in his words, basically saying that democracy is a slogan, which is which is which is pretty strong and how you know, I like we like we heard him talk about that there should have been a primary, should had the opportunity, and now he's leading into essentially what we assume here in just mere moments, you're going to hear him him endorsing President Trump.
Speaker 5: Go ahead and go to the By the way, I'm getting a lot of comments, why does he sound like this? He has a condition called spasmodic dysphonia. We actually talked about it with my voice doctor, and uh, just so you know, it's a it's a medical condition, not just him being horse, go ahead and play his comments.
Speaker 10: Polling consistently showed that why he is staying on the ballot in the battle ground states, I would likely hand the election over to the Democrats, with whom I disagree on the most existential issues censorship, war and chronic disease. Oh, I want everyone to know that I am not terminating my campaign. I am simply suspending it.
Speaker 9: And not ending it. My name. My name will remain on the ballot in most states.
Speaker 10: If you live in a blue state, you can vote for me without harming or helping President Trump or or Vice President Harris.
Speaker 9: In red stage, the same will apply.
Speaker 10: I encourage you to vote for me, and if enough of you do vote for me, and neither of the major party candidates win two hundred and seventy votes, which is quite possible. In fact, today our polling shows them tying it two sixty nine to sixty nine, and I could conceivably still end up in the White House in a contingent election.
Speaker 8: But that's not going to happen in about ten.
Speaker 10: Battleground states where my presence would be as a spoiler.
Speaker 9: I'm going to remove my name and I've.
Speaker 10: Already started that process and urge voters not to vote for me. It's with a sense of victory and not defeat that I'm suspending my campaign activities. Not only did we do the impossible by collecting a million signatures, we changed the national political conversation forever. Chronic disease, free speech, government corruption breaking, our addiction to war have moved to the center of politics. I can say all have worked so hard the last year and a half. I thank you for a job well done. Three ka great causes drove me. Damn It's race in the first place, primarily, and these are the principal causes that persuaded me to leave the Democratic Democratic Party and run as an independent and now to throw my support the President Trump. The causes were free speech, a war in Ukraine, and the war on our children. I've already described some of my personal experiencesn't struggles with.
Speaker 9: A government censorship industrial complex.
Speaker 10: I want to say a word about the Ukraine war the military industrial conplex has provided us with a familiar comic book.
Speaker 5: John, Okay, we're gonna We're gonna go out now. He should have said all that before. But interesting, he's not. He's not ending his campaign.
Speaker 6: He will be on the.
Speaker 5: Ballot in solidly red or solidly blue states, but he's removing his name from the ballot in swing states. This is fascinating to me because there's a zero percent chance of what he said could happen. And you know, in a provisional election, I can know you're not gonna wind up being president. So he's kind of I don't know, I mean, is he's splitting the baby here because he's not going to say to his followers that I'm out. But if you're an RFK person, we're not in a swing We're not a swing state anymore. We're solidly blue, solidly blue. Someone just pointed out, let me see here. So Biden's stutter is fair game for ridicule. But RFK has a medical condition, gotcha do better? Of course they put you better, of course, of course. And to be clear, I make fun of Joe Biden for being old and adult and not being able to follow a teleprompter.
Speaker 6: But I've never made fun of his stutter. I don't feel the need to.
Speaker 5: There's so much else to make fun of in that man. By the way, he's on vacation again. I know you're all gonna be happy to see that. Today on the blog, I do have a story that asks the simple question, who, who exactly is running the country right now?
Speaker 6: Because uh, yeah, Kamala obviously is not.
Speaker 5: And Biden went from a weekend in Delaware to decide to drop out, a long weekend at Camp David to relax and rest, and now five days in California to relax and rest. So who exactly is running things at the White House? I think that's a fair question, because certainly we do not have that right there. Hey, hey, Rod, I want to play this trum Oh hang on, sorry about that.
Speaker 6: I want to play this.
Speaker 5: This happened at the RNC. Betty Johnson took his show to the RNC and asked a bunch of people outside the DNC or inside what they why they were supporting Kamala Harris.
Speaker 6: So just just listen to this.
Speaker 2: Trumper, Kamala What do you think Trump? Kamala Harris?
Speaker 9: Oh God, it's Kamala.
Speaker 8: Definitely yes, yeah, absolutely, what's.
Speaker 7: Your favorite thing Kamala done last four years?
Speaker 2: Honestly died?
Speaker 9: Actually, don't use.
Speaker 2: This, Yeah, Kamala why, well.
Speaker 8: She's.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I'm I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I'm not super knowledgeable, so I can't really speak too much on.
Speaker 6: It because Trump's sucks ass the pretty much same thing.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you know Tim Wallas he's telling shirts?
Speaker 6: This guy is holding on shirts, he's selling.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm asking the same question, right, I've been doing my research lately. Yeah, so I ain't got I ain't a hundred percent yet, so I can't answer that.
Speaker 6: Trumper Kamala huggers he's selling shirt he was.
Speaker 7: What's your favorite thing about the last four years that Kamala Harris been vice president?
Speaker 9: She was she was the president.
Speaker 8: Because she was the president vice president.
Speaker 7: Of course, that's a no braina right.
Speaker 6: She's a woman, she's a woman.
Speaker 2: How's it been selling?
Speaker 8: How's it been selling?
Speaker 2: Good shirts?
Speaker 6: And he says, not so much. We just had a bunch of police tell us to burn our shirts. Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 7: Do you not remember when regarding shirts? What happened to us on the way back one night. No remember now what happened that they were selling stolen T shirts?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I forgot about that.
Speaker 5: So this guy has like a wagon and a little card table and he's literally yelling at people as they're leaving the convention.
Speaker 6: Stolen shirts twenty dollars. Stolen shirts twenty dollars. And I was like, well, I guess advertising.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 6: We did not buy a shirt, though, So how effective it was? You know, how effective was it?
Speaker 8: Really? I mean pretty effective? I thought of like half a second more than I ever normally.
Speaker 5: Was you really were gonna like, I'll just buy the shirt because it's stolen. I'm buying the hottest shirt in town.
Speaker 8: Marketing?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, not that good, but yeah, he offered to sell us. We offered to sell a stolen shirt, so we got that going for us. I did not see any political memorabilia that I wanted to buy. I bought some buttons at the RNC because they were hilarious and I shared them on my social media that that are just really funny. And I didn't see anything entertaining in the swag there. Did you see any of the crazy stuff that we saw?
Speaker 11: Did you?
Speaker 6: I mean did you. I looked at a couple of swag.
Speaker 5: Tables, but I didn't really see anything, and they didn't have a bunch of swag inside the event.
Speaker 6: It was it was kind of weird, you know, kind of weird.
Speaker 8: Aperiance is your swag?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, the excellent Yeah, jo, So that you have inside you is your swag?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Let me let me go back to some of our texters. It's an ask me anything about the d NC kind of day. We're not going to talk about it anymore after today because I'm tired of talking about it, but I do want to answer some questions and you can text us on our common Spirit health text.
Speaker 6: I have six six N I O, and let me go down to where we are.
Speaker 5: Kamalo was strong when talking about prosecuting Trump and Republicans, but comes across like a teenage girl when talking about herself, swaying and tilting her head.
Speaker 6: This thing keeps updating.
Speaker 5: Hang on, Mandy, did you see the Denver seven fact check on police's DNC speech. They must not have received this stand down memo. I was very proud of Denver seven for doing that. I mean very very proud, very proud. Adam Kinzinger has to stay a Republican to stay relevant the Democrat Party. Correct, Yes, yes, indeed, our ballots need a none of the above option, and if that box gets a certain percentage of the total vote, both parties have to go back to the drawing board. There are multiple European countries that have a no confidence option on every ballot, and if you don't like either of the candidates, you vote no confidence and the parties have to go back and find someone else. Mandy, Seriously, I heard a younger person say they prefer the Socialist Party and voting for them.
Speaker 6: I asked why.
Speaker 5: They said, because they are very social not kidding, and makes me wonder how many people think this? Yeah, how far left has the Democratic Party? If JF or RFK junior endorses Trump yep, yep, yep yep RFK for CIA director, imagine a Kennedy with all those secrets. Really enjoyed your coverage at both DNC and RNC. Thanks and darned you, Manny, Thank you, you're very welcome. What fell out of Nancy's pants? Apparently when Nancy Pelosi was walking up to the podium something a note card is what it is, and I've looked at the pictures like the Zuppruder film and it was indeed a note card. So we will figure out. Yep, you've convinced me.
Speaker 6: I'm going to ignore policy and vote for the vibe. Thanks again.
Speaker 12: Not.
Speaker 5: I hope people who vote Harris get what they voted for. A sad part is they inflict that on me. Alexa has this great text, Mandy isn't an ironic. The DNC theme was they are not going back yet. The most prominent speakers were from the past. Great point, Alexa. And no, Chuck did not go because he his head would have exploded and he doesn't have the edit button that I have. Just to let you know, it would somebody would have gotten killed by Chuck. I mean maybe not, but somebody would. There would have been a fight. There would have been multiple fights, and that's why Chuck did not go. Says here, I'll bet you mentioned I'll bet you that last voter you mentioned calls yourself an independent but votes liberal all the effing time.
Speaker 6: Quite possibly.
Speaker 5: Will the Democrats continue to keep Harris out of the public eye if they can, If they can, more hookers at the RNC or DNC. Hey, Ron, we didn't run into any hookers. I feel like we've done something wrong. No hookers, Mandy. I'm scared to death about Democrats being in charge of our country for another four years. It's like the last three and a half years did not exist. But the Republican Party is in such shambles, and there are too many people who absolutely hate Trump. I'm voting for policies, but unfortunately too many people vote for the person instead of the policies. And I'm sorry that when I said Alexa, you're Alexa went off and I bet I said a whole bunch more off. Yeah, Alexa, play kaway, Yeah, Alexa play koway on iHeartMedia.
Speaker 8: On iHeartMedia.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there you go. And Andy, please describe the pizza you had one more time. I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 5: It was a delicious Chicago thin crust pizza with roasted tomatoes chopped up on it, a nice layer of soaprisetta and then drizzled with hot honey. Oh my god, it was so good, and little blobs of whipped ricotta on each piece, and it was party. It was not cut into wedges. It was cut into little pieces. And now I want that to I want it to.
Speaker 8: As good as the Chicago Dog, though you know, the Chicago Dog.
Speaker 6: Was outstanding, Mandy.
Speaker 5: They shouldn't sell swag because they don't believe in capitalists, even though most of them are multi millionaires and a fewer billionaires. Yeah, swag bag from the DNC would be a clean needle and an at home abortion kit.
Speaker 6: I wish that that was Like, I wish that that was just funny and not real. So yeah, I wish that that was.
Speaker 5: I wish that was something that was actually not, you know, not it's it's funny, but it's sadly accurate. Ryan Schuling asked me yesterday when I was talking to him on his show, what was the most disturbing thing at the DNC and the abortion and vasectomy bus that had been provided by Planned hairn Hood was really gross to me, just gross.
Speaker 6: I mean, the vasectomy thing not that big a deal.
Speaker 5: A lot of vasectames can be reversed, not all of them, but most vasectames can be reversed. An abortion, of course, cannot, So there you go, Mandy. I tried a few times to watch the convention but gave up. I couldn't make it through the cringe. What was the cringiest thing for you. Cringiest thing, cringiest thing, Aaron.
Speaker 6: What do you think the cringiest thing was?
Speaker 7: Was that something we saw in person or like after the fact, like on TV or like a report or something, because trying to think, I mean.
Speaker 8: A lot of the stuff with the with the Project twenty twenty five prop was to be.
Speaker 6: It was just they were just lying. They were just making stuff up.
Speaker 7: On making sure everyone knows how to pronounce Kamala's name was a little a little a little cringey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was that was Yeah.
Speaker 8: With their nieces, that.
Speaker 6: Was Tama la la la. Let's all say it together.
Speaker 5: It was just you know, it's fine, Yeah, it's fine. Can I get your feeling on rfkjun you're supporting Trump. We talked about this a little bit when it kind of broke earlier this week that this might happen. I think the way he's doing it, he's trying to trying to have his cake and eat it too, in that he's not fully dropping out. He will be on the ballot in red or blue states, but he's going to remove his name from swing state ballots, and I think that is maybe more confusing than not. If that makes sense to you, guys like I don't know. We'll have to see if it has any any I don't know, any staying power if it ends up mattering.
Speaker 6: So there you go, Mandy, would you.
Speaker 5: Go back to Chicago for a vacation? Is it a vacation destination? Absolutely? A Ron and I both loved it.
Speaker 6: We loved it.
Speaker 5: Yesterday we walked seven miles. We got up early after a late night and we went and went to the Bean, which of course is cloud Gate and we walked over from the Bean over the Navy Pier, which was quite the hike, but it was a lovely walk down the waterfront and everything. We crossed the bridge over the Chicago River. I mean it was, and the weather was glorious.
Speaker 7: I had thought about it, and I'm ready to make it official. Chicago has the best food scene for me, in the dustry, in the country.
Speaker 5: It was outstanding. Every single thing that we ate was absolutely delicious.
Speaker 7: I've been to forty nine of the fifty states and Chicago has the best food that I've had in the entire country.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was. It was outstanding. Outstanding. Mandy. Do you mean the planned parenthood, spay and neuter bus.
Speaker 5: Yes, and Andy, that is what I meant right there, Mandy, I did a project for the Obama DNC. There was an escort liaison. Shut up, shut up, So there was a pimp on the payroll. That's crazy, absolutely crazy, Mandy. Did you notice that DNC speakers in Harris only talked about Kamala's time as Attorney General as a prosecutor. Never did they talk about her as a senator, And of course they couldn't talk about her as VP. You would never know that she was anything other than a prosecutor. Exactly right, because what she's doing right now, and I will say this, she took credit last night for everything good that happened during the Biden administration, but she sure doesn't want to actually have a conversation about what she actually did, right Mandy.
Speaker 6: How much poop did you see on the streets? None?
Speaker 5: Zero?
Speaker 6: Ay Rod? How many encampments did we see?
Speaker 8: None?
Speaker 6: And zero?
Speaker 8: I don't even think any homeless. Maybe one homeless, maybe.
Speaker 5: One person laying in the park yesterday when we were walking, but they didn't appear to have a bunch.
Speaker 6: Of stuff with them. It could just be somebody sleeping in the park.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 6: They cleaned up Chicago really really well, didn't know Clinton didn't pronounce her name wrong. Also, he did that.
Speaker 5: He slaughtered Kamala's name in his speech. He called her Kamala over and over and over again. So obviously Bill Clinton is a racist as well as.
Speaker 6: A horn dog. There you go, Mandy. I tried to who was talking? Oh, hit it, I'm about to start speaking. Oh he's about to start speaking. Everybody has to say he's everybody has to say. Blah blah, blah blah blah. Here we go.
Speaker 5: We will find out as he is accepting the sort of nom or endorsement of.
Speaker 6: Donald Trump.
Speaker 10: We just had a very nice uh endorsement from RFK Junior.
Speaker 8: Bobby and I'll be talking about that.
Speaker 9: We're heading out right after this. We're going to be going to Arizona. We'll be talking about that and a lot of other things too. But I just want to thank everybody, and I want to thank Bobby. Those very nice. That was really a very answer. That's big. He's a great guy, respected by everybody. So thank you all for this incredible welcome we're getting.
Speaker 10: And I'm going to tell Abby here, the next time we do this together, he's going to get me.
Speaker 9: A little light up here, gonna give me a little light so you can read this a little speech. But you know what it does, It makes you speak a little bit less. So that's okay too. What I do want to thank you all, and I want to thank Javier. This is a fantastic restaurant and the reputation is as good as it gets, as good as it gets. And I'm going to come here next time to eat. Is that okay? I will be doing that too. We have with US Lieutenant Governor Stavros.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're going to just go to break because when we get back, we're changing gears completely for a moment. There's a big event tomorrow in Glendale for well season citizens.
Speaker 6: Over sixty five. It's actually really cool. We're going to talk to you.
Speaker 5: I lean about that next so stick around. We're going to do some news, trafficking.
Speaker 6: And weather right here on KOA.
Speaker 5: It's the thirty fifth annual Salute to Seniors. It is part of the Colorado Gerontological Societies thirty fifth celebration and joining me now is the executive director of the Colorado Gerontological Gerontological Society, Eileen Doherty.
Speaker 6: Eileen, welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Nuns I'm happy to be here with you.
Speaker 5: First of all, what is the Colorado Gerontological Society. Let's start with that.
Speaker 13: Long process organization that was established in nineteen eighty and we work in three basic different areas. We work in education, training and information. We work in some legislative public policy work. And then we do some we don't call them.
Speaker 12: They're like not.
Speaker 13: Direct services in the sense that it's not like a home care agency, but we like I have a grant program to help people with dental services, and we volunteers with telephone buddies, and we deliver Christmas baskets and holiday baskets over the holidays. So we do some of those kinds of programming, right. And then let's say we do some legislative work, mostly at the state level, that sometimes we get drawn into the national stuff on Medicare or Social Security as well.
Speaker 5: I think that's all incredibly important because I used to sell Medicare supplements.
Speaker 6: This is where this is coming from, what I'm about to say.
Speaker 5: And just at a point when some seniors, certainly not all seniors, maybe have some trouble grasping things right, understanding things complicated new, we throw them into the medicare system, which is completely different and complicated. I'm glad you guys work on that kind of stuff. Let's talk about the thirty fifty and it will salute to seniors. What is this event all about?
Speaker 13: So it's an senior expo, if youll, and we've always prided ourselves in making it a fun event that is also then filled with lots of education, information and resources. So there's entertainment, there's lots of games. There's lots of food vendors joining us this year, so there'll be a lot of opportunity to just experience different things, play trivia, play bingo. We're doing a new program this year called Triangles, which is a math program, so there'll be.
Speaker 12: Lots of things to do.
Speaker 13: And we have about fifty different vendors that have joined us with information on resources for seniors as well. So they range the gamut from housing to medical alert equipment to a wide variety of things home care agencies, et cetera.
Speaker 5: So pretty much anything you would need or yourself or an aging parent. It sounds like you're going to be able to get some information here at this event. Yes, you're also giving away a couple of pairs of Broncos tickets. I mean, you've got some fun stuff going on. Is there going to be food? Is there going to be music? Is it going to be a fun party?
Speaker 12: Be a fun party? So yes, Sprouts and Target and.
Speaker 13: Sam's Club are all donating snack kinds of food and drinks, so there's lots of snacks and foods going on. There's instrums candy, so we've got lots of good support from the food vendors. There will be some entertainment. Eddie Kendrick from Pork Collins, who's a guitar player, will be joining us with some country music. And then there'll be a trio that will play like rock and kind of soft music. As I said, there's bingo. Additionally, the Ronco tickets are preseason tickets. There's also lots of drawings. Sprouts is giving away one hundred dollars a couple of hundred dollars gift cards, as Giano's given away one hundred dollars gift card. UH Waterway has given us five free car washes, both inside and outside your car.
Speaker 6: I want one of those, miss yes, exactly.
Speaker 12: Enter toy, so sorry, it'll be available for somebody else.
Speaker 13: We also got a large number of candles and plants and various things donated from Target, and so there'll be lots and lots of drawings and different things to give away Tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I put a link to the blog on my blog at mandy'sblog dot com to your website so people can sign up. Do you have to r s VP? Does it cost anything to come? What does that process look like?
Speaker 13: You do not have to r s VP, it's suggested, but at this like date, don't worry about it.
Speaker 12: The event is free.
Speaker 13: Additionally, we are at the Greek Events Center, which is at forty six to ten East Alameda, so there is parking on the Greek Events campus. Additionally, we have some parking that's available at the Jewish Community Center, which is on the other side of Dallias Street and Leedsdale, and there's also parking at Augustana Lutheran Church in of Age is going to rotate their buses, so there'll be a central place where you can get picked up and you just park your car in one of those lots and then they'll bring you up to the campus, so that hopefully people will be able to navigate that easier. The other thing I've forgot to mention in terms of things to do, which again I wish I had wasn't running the show.
Speaker 12: But the Assumption Cathedral Church.
Speaker 13: Is going to be doing a guided tour of the church with and if you have never been in the church, there's an incredible amount of art and statuary there and they're going to be running a tour of that, so that's another feature. Additionally, Forny Museum of Transportation is going to be bringing four classic cars, so if you're into old cars.
Speaker 12: Come join us and talk with the folks from forty so there are lots of things to do. There will also be a farmer's market. It sounds photo booth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it sounds like a great way to spend a day. I mean a great way.
Speaker 5: It starts at nine thirty goes until three. I've got a link to the website. The website is Senioranswers dot org and from there it's very easy to find the information about the event. Eileen, this sounds absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 6: I hope you have an.
Speaker 5: Absolutely smashing Saturday as you celebrate seniors at the thirty five annual Salute to Seniors event.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much for making time for it.
Speaker 12: Hey, thank you how all your listeners can join us.
Speaker 5: All right, that is Eileen Doherty, thank you so much. And that sounds like a very nice way to spend a day with your with your folks. If your folks are older, or maybe you're getting older, head on down and get all that good information. Now, hey, Rod, how about now we're trying to take care of a tech issue. Now, okay, let's take a quick time out. We will be right back after this. Kamala Harris said that she whispered, she was the voice that whispered in Joe Biden's ear about withdrawing from Afghanistan, essentially saying, yeah, do it. So I just thought, in the spirit of you know, accountability for hers and she implied that she was the one that kind of pushed that over the edge, thought we do a little check in real quick in Afghanistan. I know, we don't talk about Afghanistan much because it's gone back.
Speaker 6: To being a complete hell whole.
Speaker 5: But as long as they don't allow terrorists to launch another attack on our country, what business is it of mine if Afghanistan wants to be a hell hole?
Speaker 6: You know, I do want to share with you some of the new laws that.
Speaker 5: Have recently been passed in Afghanistan thanks to the Party of Women who decided to desert Afghanistan with no plan to maintain security. The Taliban rulers have issued new rules as part of its propagation of virtue and the prevention of vice laws. A new one hundred and fourteen page thirty five article document has been seen by the Associated Press. It's the first formal declaration of vice and virtue laws in Afghanistan since the takeover. The laws empower the Ministry of Vice and Virtue to be at the forefront of regulating personal conduct, administering punishments like warnings or arrest if enforcers alleged that Afghans had broken the law. Article thirteen, that's the fun one that relates to women. It says it is mandatory for a woman to veil her body at all times in public, and that a face covering is essential to avoid temptation and tempting others. Clothing should not be thin, tight or short. Women should veil themselves in front of all male strangers, including Muslims, and in front of all non Muslims to avoid being corrupted. A woman's voice is deemed intimate and so should not be heard singing, reciting, or reading aloud in public. It is forbidden for women to look at men they are not related to by blood or marriage, and vice versa. Article seventeen bans the publication of images of living beings, threatening an already fragile Afghan media landscape. Article nineteen bans the playing of music, the insportation of solo female travelers, and the mixing of men and women who are not related.
Speaker 6: To each other.
Speaker 5: The law also obliges passengers and drivers to perform prayers at designated times. According to the ministry website, the promotion of virtue includes prayer aligning the character and behavior of Muslims with Islamic law, encouraging women to wear a job, and inviting.
Speaker 6: People to comply with the five Pillars of Islam.
Speaker 5: It also says the elimination of vice involves prohibiting people from doing things.
Speaker 6: Forbidden by Islamic law. So that seems to be going well.
Speaker 5: You know, I remember back when the Taliban took over and the New York Times had a story that was like, hey, you know what, They're going to be awesome for women's rights this time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't pay attention to what.
Speaker 5: They did way back then before we depose them and actually instituted laws that allowed women to do crazy things like be in.
Speaker 6: The streets and talk.
Speaker 5: Like have jobs, go to school, crazy nutty stuff that happened in the twenty years that we were running Afghanistan. And I actually feel incredibly sorry for the women who lived through those twenty years because now they have gone right back.
Speaker 6: Talk about taking something back, you know.
Speaker 5: But if past performance is any indication of future behavior, and don't you always hear that on commercials for things like financial services, past.
Speaker 6: Performance is not an indication of future behavior.
Speaker 5: Well, you can look at someone's past history and unless they have, you know, fully explained their evolution of their prior positions. And I'm just throw this out here totally unconnected. Say candidate president or vice president Harris. She just a few years ago wanted a bandfracking, was in favor of defunding the police. She actually urged people to donate to a bail fund as they were burning Minneapolis down to get them out of jail so they could burn more stuff. She has had all these wild positions. She wants to reimagine ice, get rid of ice. She wants to decriminalize coming over the southern border at least.
Speaker 6: I mean back in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: So if you think you know past performance and statements would be an indication of future performance, just keep all that in mind. This person just asked, you think OnlyFans Afghanistan will be successful.
Speaker 6: Hmmm hmm, yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I do not know.
Speaker 5: Axios in Trump officials back away from the twenty twenty Taliban peace deal after withdrawal.
Speaker 6: Chaos.
Speaker 5: So the Trump administration, from what I understand, was very firm on leaving enough for is there to maintain stability. And last I saw that was about fifteen hundred forces was what they estimated they would need to have in place just to maintain stability, and none of those were left there, none of those. Biden used that as an excuse to follow through with the agreement. He said, we don't want to fight with the Taliban, there would be more troops required. And now Biden has blamed Trump for the chaos in Afghanistan, saying the former president in bolden the Taliban and left the insurgency group in the strongest position militarily since two thousand and three. The reality is is that we never decimated and defeated the Taliban, and for eight years of that. That was Barack Obama's job for eight years prior to Trump. Just throwing that out there, just throwing it out there.
Speaker 6: We will be right back it is. Ask me anything about the DNC.
Speaker 5: After a flurry of questions, they've calmed down, So your questions, new questions coming up next.
Speaker 6: Keep it right here on KOWA.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Bell and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell.
Speaker 9: Andy Condall on Kola.
Speaker 3: Ninem god way, can the nicety prey Bendy Donald Keith you sad thing?
Speaker 6: Welcome, well for welcome. We are working our way through a Friday, third hour of the show.
Speaker 5: And at the beginning of the show, I said, okay, let's have our last conversations about the DNC today. I am no longer at the party, So if you'd like me to pee in the punch bowl, just let me know what you'd like to know about the DNC. You can text those to the Common Spirit Health text line at five sixty six nine oh. That's five six six nine oh. And I will answer those questions. Who the heck is Congressman Joe the Goose. Is he related to Bronco Bomber? Maybe Camil or I don't know, Oh, Camil La Harris got it now? Joanah Goose one of the members of the Colorado Coalition who totally never responded to our request to come on the show. Hey, Rod, let's threw some people under the bus real quick, okay, because you reached out to every member of the Democratic Party that is in the congressional delegation here from Colorado.
Speaker 6: And what were the responses.
Speaker 7: Well, obviously, like you mentioned, we had we had the two senators on Senator to Hickenlooper and and we appreciated both of those fantastic interviews.
Speaker 8: Governor Polis dot Buy as well.
Speaker 6: Appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Representative Peterson I believe did not respond at all. Let me one hundred percent confirm that stand by. In the meantime, I will tell you that it's Peterson Patterson.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 7: Week week of we could not find the right scheduling for Representative Crow. There was an effort there, but it wound up turning in to no appearance. That worked out time wise, yep. And the same for Representative to Get And I believe let me double check here, I believe we didn't get Yeah, we got absolutely nothing from from Negoose's team.
Speaker 8: Representative ne Goose.
Speaker 5: Nothing, just crickets chirping. Couldn't be bothered to even.
Speaker 7: Say counting here we got one, two, three total emails to no Goose's team, the initial email, all the details, two follow ups and nothing.
Speaker 8: Same with Representative Patterson.
Speaker 7: And then it was crow and to get with week of communication but cannot find the right scheduling time.
Speaker 9: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 14: Just letting you know.
Speaker 5: We were trying to get everybody on and as you heard, I was very respectful. I let people make their points. I didn't inject my opinion in any evident until Michael Bennett said we needed a new agency. And then I had to stop that nonsense. Right then I was like, no, no more agencies. But then he said I could pick one to get rid of. I chose the irs. He said, No, this is how negotiations happened, people. This is what the back and forth is all about.
Speaker 6: Mandy. If you apply this is from the text line.
Speaker 5: If you apply past performance is an indicator of future performance of Harris, you must apply that to Trump as well. So we may have riots, incited, denigration of individuals, disrespect for NATO, friendship with Putin, and, in Trump's words, a dictatorship for at least a day. Right, Okay, I'll break this down. I would go back to the time when the economy was chugging along. I would go back to an administration that was slowly but surely rolling back useless regulations that are still on the books by passing a If you pass a regulation, well you have to get rid of two.
Speaker 6: I would go back to that.
Speaker 5: I would go back to a president who really wanted to unleash all of our energy opportunities.
Speaker 6: I would go back to that.
Speaker 5: I would go back to a president who didn't necessarily want to create edicts that tell me I have to buy an electric car after a certain year. I would absolutely go back to that. I would go back to a lot of these things. And for Trump, disrespect for NATO is comical. Do you know what Trump did with NATO? Trump did with NATO what I have been asking anyone to do with NATO for like twenty years. Trump told NATO, we are tired of being your unlimited piggybank for your defense. And while you're providing all of these neat services for your people. We are expected to end your crappy ass countries if you get into any kind of trouble because you.
Speaker 6: Don't spend what you have committed.
Speaker 5: I don't even know how many years ago they were not spending even two percent of GDP on their defense. They were relying on us to take care of them. And when Trump threw the gauntlet, guess what happened. Guess who's spending more on their own defense NATO members.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 6: Imagine that if.
Speaker 5: Disrespecting someone is asking them to pay a bill they've promised to pay, then disrespect away.
Speaker 6: Just disrespect away.
Speaker 5: And as for being Putin's friend, he certainly wasn't comfortable rolling into Ukraine while Trump was president. As a matter of fact, let's think we'll just go back and remember together. Since we're all going back in time to remember past performance, let's talk about all of the wars that broke out with our allies connected to them during the Trump administration. Nope, there aren't any, are not Nope, Nope they're not there. So yeah, Trump, You guys know how I feel about him. It pains me sometimes to have to defend him. But policy wise, there's no comparison, absolutely not. I got a text message from a friend of mine this morning said, Mandy, I'm beginning to think that the Republicans are trying to lose this election because they know that on the trajectory we're going with our debt, we are going to spend ourselves into insolvency, which will lead us to a very dark place in the United States of America. That's how, by the way, that's how empires go out right, I mean, they fall and then very dark times.
Speaker 6: The dark ages came after the fall of the Roman Empire kind of thing.
Speaker 5: And I was like, I wish I could say I thought you were wrong, because policy wise, what we do know about Kamala Harris was so bad when she rolled it out last Friday night that the media immediately stopped talking about it.
Speaker 6: Do you know how many.
Speaker 5: Times I heard someone anyone at the DNC talking about her ridiculous ideas to give people twenty five thousand dollars for their first time only certain home buyers, by the way, certain, not all. Only certain home buyers would get twenty five thousand dollars to buy a home in a housing market that is already distorted because of the already high levels of demand and low levels of supply. She is an economic idiot, and Trump maybe a lot of things. And he's a big spender too. I want to be clear about that. We've got to get somebody serious about debt. But all she's talking about is more giveaways, more spending.
Speaker 6: Let us do this for you. We're gonna take care of you. I'll be your mam la.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I'll take Trump all day long over all of that, even with all of his obvious and glaring flaws, I will one hundred percent take those policies all day long.
Speaker 6: I can't wait.
Speaker 5: Until every single state codifies abortion into their constitution so we can stop talking about it. And I truly believe that that is going to happen, if not by next year, surely after that, as politicians start losing races, as women start saying, wait a minute, we want options, and like it or not, this is a pro choice country we live in absolutely one hundred percent. So yeah, anyway, I got to take a quick time out, be right back. You can text me your questions about the DNA see two five six.
Speaker 6: Six nine zero. We will get those when we get back.
Speaker 5: Keep it on Kowa coming up at two thirty, Representative Lisa Frizzell is joining us. Not only did she used to be Douglas County's county assessor, giving her special insight into property taxes, she's going to give us a preview of the upcoming special session where the legislature is going to try and prevent us the voters from slapping some significant handcuffs on them. So we'll get the latest from her about that in just a few minutes. I want to answer some questions about the DNC. It has asked me anything about the DNC. Now's your chance. We're not going to talk about it anymore after today because.
Speaker 6: I'm done this one. Was the DNC really a clown show as appeared on TV? It really wasn't.
Speaker 5: And you know who was missing a red I thought about this, yes, last night as we were flying home. Do you know what we didn't see at the DNC drag queens? We didn't see, Yeah, we didn't see any queens. We didn't see any over the top. We didn't see like a parade of trans people. I'm sure there was trans people there. We didn't see the most extreme parts of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 6: And I thought that that was by design.
Speaker 5: The DNC was all designed to tell you that the DNC is just like us, like like democrats.
Speaker 6: We're just the same. We're just like you. We love freedom. Look at us wave a flag, look at us. We wag flags too, just like you. And I think it. Actually they did a really good job with that, a really good job with that. So here we go. Let me rip through some of these questions.
Speaker 5: Mandy, is it true that Trump is going to make transgender illegal or take away transgendered rights?
Speaker 6: So it is just for trans kids?
Speaker 5: Okay, No, no, we're not making someone illegal because they're transgender. What is being discussed right now, and not just by the Trump campaign, is limiting access to medical gender affirming care for children because the science is not there, the science behind transitioning.
Speaker 6: A young child without their.
Speaker 5: Ability to understand that you are making them sterile, possibly unable to experience sexual joy, and making them a permanent medical patient.
Speaker 6: You can't do that to children. So I don't know what we're looking at.
Speaker 5: I'm hoping the medical you know, people actually decide that the evidence is not there, because now after the cast review in the UK, we do know that the evidence is not there.
Speaker 6: And we're hurting people. We're hurting children.
Speaker 5: And if you just look, if you google de transitioners, you would be shocked at how many of these people physically look exactly like women. You know, you look at them, they look exactly like women. But they're heartbreaking stories of what they've gone through that they now live with constant pain, trying to be turned into cosmetically a woman. They're horrifying, absolutely horrifying, and they're there. So no, they're not making transgender people illegal. We're just looking at curtailing the mutilation of children before they're old enough to make that choice for themselves.
Speaker 6: According to Kamala, it would seem Trump has been in charge. Time for a change.
Speaker 5: No, it's a new way forward, a new way, new way, even though she's actually part of the administration that's been running things for four years, a new way forward. Kamala is getting whiter and whiter every day. See her makeup.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's accurate.
Speaker 5: I think she still looks like a woman of Southeastern and Jamaican descent. I thought she looked great, but I got to tell you, I realize that stylists are telling power suits like power suit, power suit but my god, her clothing is boring, and I wish that they would do something about that, at least a little bit. Hang on, let me turn this so it only updates every sixty seconds, so I can get these questions in before they roll through.
Speaker 6: Let me do this.
Speaker 5: Let me see here, Mandy, aren't we the current Aren't we the largest energy producer in the world. Yes, we are, but we have a whole bunch more energy that we could tap into if you want to see a shift in geopolitical strength. If we absolutely crank up the spickets on oil and gas, we could drive down the cost of energy, which is not ideal for energy companies, I get it, But we could drive down the cost of energy to a point that Russia would.
Speaker 6: Be severely, severely.
Speaker 5: Hurt because the vast majority of their economic output comes.
Speaker 6: From the sale of oil.
Speaker 5: We could uh newter some of the most I don't know, irritating Middle Eastern countries that currently have a ton of money because of their oil revenues.
Speaker 6: So uh yeah, there you go. Mandy.
Speaker 5: Just saw a dude that went all in on the broccoli cut died it green and everything.
Speaker 6: Oh no, you guys, stop it, stop it, stop it. Stop it. Stop It look to me that instead of abortion pills.
Speaker 5: And vasectomy freebies, I should have handed out ozempic. Never seen so much beef in all my life. I am going to disagree with that. And a Rod, I want your opinion. I there, of course there was heavy people, right, there's heavy people everywhere. I thought that the crowd looked most for the most part, pretty fit.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: It wasn't like a bunch of you know, it wasn't a bunch of choky monkeys.
Speaker 5: There were some heavy people there, but overall I thought the crowd was an attractive crowd, although I will say the R and C was more attractive people traditionally like in a traditionally attractive sense. I didn't know that, But I don't think there was a bunch of people who should have been on a zembic. Maybe you saw it on TV.
Speaker 6: I don't know. Mandy and a Rod, two questions for you.
Speaker 5: Were you embarrassed as color Ridden's After Polis's speech, I was angry. I was infuriated by his speech because he knew he was lying. I knew he was lying, but he still did it every way anyway, just making it sure, you know, never doubt that Jared Poulis can jump right into the political pool and play second.
Speaker 6: Playing thorns and roses.
Speaker 5: Can you point out the number one positive and the number one negative from your experience at the DNC thanks one by Wednesday night, listening to some of the speeches was killing me, killing me the rose.
Speaker 6: I actually met some really.
Speaker 5: Nice people, very nice rank and file, nice people, people in the media, just random people.
Speaker 6: The people there were very nice. We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: There is going to be a lot of stuff at the Capitol and they're going to be trying to sort out a property tax compromise that would lead to Michael Fields from Advance Colorado. We talked to Christy Burton Brown about this last week about what Advance because she's with Advance as well, and they seem to feel confident that they are going to be able to strike a deal that would inspire them.
Speaker 6: To pull these ballot measures off the ballot.
Speaker 5: And joining me now is a member of the House, Colorado House who also has a lot of knowledge about this particular issue because she was the former county assessor for Douglas County.
Speaker 6: Lisa Frazzelle. Welcome to the show, and let's start there.
Speaker 5: Let's start with your experience as a counting assessor, because your county of which I am a part, got crushed by these property tax increases.
Speaker 6: Mine went up forty percent four d percent.
Speaker 5: So what do you bring as an assessor to this conversation that made you think is lacking?
Speaker 15: Well, I mean able and Mandy, thanks so much for having me on. It's great to talk to you today.
Speaker 14: You know, I bring a lot of kind of the nuts and bolts detail understanding of how this process works, this property tax property valuation process works. And so for example, when we're talking about changing the rates the assessment rates for non residential property, for some reason, I just think this is really unfortunate. The draft bill, and actually the bill is, it's going to be introduced on Monday, bifurcates.
Speaker 15: Non residential property by class.
Speaker 14: So it gives one assessment rate for commercial property, another assessment rate for industrial property, another assessment rate.
Speaker 15: For vacant land. And that is extremely.
Speaker 14: Confusing to people and especially those property owners, and it's candidly just ridiculous. So I'm hoping too, I'm going to be running an amendment to fix that. Hopefully the bill sponsors will do that. Themselves that I don't actually think that they're planning.
Speaker 7: On doing that.
Speaker 5: Now, you are a member of the Republican Party. You are hopelessly outnumbered in the House of Representatives right now. But have you been privy to any of the conversations that are happening right now in advance of the special session?
Speaker 6: I have a story on the blog today.
Speaker 5: That apparently the Democratic Caucus has been meeting quite often in private, which I find very, very very concerning because because of their majorities, there's a chance that anything that comes out of those private meetings could end up being the legislation.
Speaker 6: Have you been privy to any of those conversations. Is anybody talking to you.
Speaker 5: From the Democratic Party and getting your input?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Oh, well, okay, then I thought.
Speaker 5: There's going to be more of that answer, like, yes, but it's early in the you know, And so do you think they're going to be able to get this compromise that I'm not even sure who negotiated this compromise in the first place.
Speaker 6: I'm a little clear.
Speaker 5: I'm not clear on the history of where this sort of compromise that we're taking to the special session came from.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so I think that's a great question, and it's also one that I'm not completely clear on either. And I apologize for my abrupt answer before, but literally no, I have not done at the table in this conversation. I was very much part of the conversation with two thirty three, which passed on the last day of session. Put my name on that bill because I believe that we were working to create a really solid framework. I also didn't believe that it went far enough, but we negotiated. Barbara Kirkmeer and Senator Barbara Kirkmeyer and I negotiated with the Democrats really strenuously, and we were able to get some great concessions for our citizens. It is really important to understand that we are in the super minority in the House and almost a super minority in the Senate with a Democrat governor, and so the change that we're actually able to effect is not great. But we were able to leverage.
Speaker 15: Everything that we could, and I was, you know, it didn't go far enough that it was better than what we.
Speaker 14: Had, which was raised rising property taxes. Again, the thing that's really and this is really important for your listeners to understand, Nandy, is that Gallagher was repealed in twenty twenty. That was a bill that the Democrats led, a referendum coming out of the legislature that the Democrats led. They promised that they were going to work to replace it. They have had four years to replace it and they have not. They have created a band and they created a band aid in twenty twenty one, they created another band aid in twenty twenty two, and in twenty twenty three we saw the disaster that was Proposition Hh. Yeah, here we are, and so I am very frustrated listening to the Democrats today and all last week talk about how they were being forced to negotiate with Michael Fields and Colorado Concern.
Speaker 9: Here's the thing.
Speaker 15: If Michael Fields and Colorado Concern, who have been at.
Speaker 14: The table running initiatives in twenty twenty one to force the Democrats to come to the table and Laura assessinaries in twenty twenty two, they ran initiatives before the title Board to get the Democrats to come to the table at the end of session and again provide property tax relief. They did it last year and we got Proposition ahh.
Speaker 15: They had to do it again. The only reason why we have had any property.
Speaker 14: Tax relief from between today and twenty twenty is because of Colorado concern and Michael Fields.
Speaker 15: And you know what we should be thinking for.
Speaker 5: I agree, and I find it a little challenging to hear from people when Michael says, look, if they pass this bill, as we've talked about it, then we're going to pull these ballot initiatives.
Speaker 6: And a lot of people don't understand that. You know, a lot of people are saying, well, we want to vote on it, we want to vote on it. It is not a sure thing. It is not a done deal. It costs a ton of money.
Speaker 5: And if you don't think that, you are going to be swamped with millions and millions of dollars in advertising against these initiatives. They're going to tell you that if you pass these, if you vote for this, we're going to have to fire every teacher and every police officer in our town. That is exactly what is going to happen. So it is not a done deal. It is not a sure thing. And if we can get a lot of what they're proposing, I'll take it one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: I will take it. So, Lisa, what would you like to see come out of this special session.
Speaker 14: I want Actually, what the governor is asking for is property tax relief for the citizens of Colorado.
Speaker 15: We need to improve on what we started with two thirty three. We need to not have a lot of theatrics.
Speaker 14: We need to not have a lot of statement vanity bills, which is happening. We need to get to work, do this and get out. People don't understand. These special sessions are expensive. They're very expensive, and so you know, we've wasted enough taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 15: Let's move on.
Speaker 5: So are people filing bills unrelated to this in the special session or are they filing bills they're somehow what their version of what they'd like to have happened.
Speaker 14: Both we're seeing bills that are unrelated to the negotiated bill. There are going to be anywhere from ten to twenty bill additional bills that are introduced on Monday in both the House and the Senate. One of the ones that I find particularly frustrating is coming out of two very extreme Democrats. And what it does is it says that the framework from two thirty three and this negotiated bill only applies to primary residences.
Speaker 15: And I think that's fascinating.
Speaker 14: So it only applies to the primary primary residences and everybody else, you know, has to.
Speaker 9: Pay more.
Speaker 13: Well, what.
Speaker 14: These are the people who who are dumputting down their arms about affordable housing all the time.
Speaker 15: And what I apparently they didn't understand is this particular bill will in and of itself raise rents.
Speaker 5: Yeah oh yeah, yeah yeah, And that sounds to me like they're going after people with short term rental properties also. Would they be scooped up in this higher tax rate? Wow, that's really big. I know that the perception, and there's probably some truth to it in the mountain towns that the short term rental market has distorted the actual market for long term renters. But a lot of people who own short term rentals, especially people who are retired. I met someone fairly recently that owns seven short term rental properties, and that is her retirement. That is the money that she brings in. She gets a tiny bit from Social Security. So if they go after her stuff, that is a huge hit. But I think that the perception is that if you want a short term rental, you want a second house, you're loaded over here and you can pay more.
Speaker 15: And that's the thing.
Speaker 14: So this has been a really hot topic in the legislature of the last several sessions. And what people don't understand is that seventy five percent of the short term rentals are owned by Colorado.
Speaker 15: Residents, and the vast majority of them are second home ish, but they are they pay.
Speaker 14: For themselves by short rentaling, otherwise they can't afford to have this.
Speaker 15: And this is my neighbor next door.
Speaker 14: Who's daughter is really into ski racing, and so they have a place up in winter Park and they go out there as often as they can so that they can.
Speaker 15: Enjoy the beauty that is Colorado.
Speaker 14: But they can't afford that place unless they supplement it with short term rentals.
Speaker 15: And that is the vast majority of those What the? What the again?
Speaker 14: These unintended consequences if you shut down the short term rental market. If my neighbor can no longer afford to have that short termental because her property tax taxes go so high, she has to sell it.
Speaker 15: The short term rental industry is.
Speaker 14: Largely responsible for affordable lodging in our mountain community.
Speaker 15: And so if you if you dry that up, that is going to impact.
Speaker 14: Ultimately your sands tax base because you're not going to have the tourists coming to.
Speaker 15: Enjoy our mountains.
Speaker 5: Lisa, I got a text here that said, are we ever will we get what a minute? Is there a chance that will bring us real relief this year? Or are we still just talking about future increases?
Speaker 14: So for twenty twenty four, what has been proposed is just essentially caring forward twenty twenty three's arrangement that the Democrats crammed down our throats in special session last November.
Speaker 15: And then next year. Next year is a reappraisal year.
Speaker 14: We're looking at fairly flat valuation, very few increases statewide, so we can expect to see slight decreases in property taxes based on what we're talking about, and then the plan, the hope is is that we will remain fairly stable. We're not going to go down to taxes people paid two years ago.
Speaker 6: Okay, so my.
Speaker 5: Forty percent increase is going to be a forty percent increase and there's nothing I can do about it.
Speaker 14: We would hope that it wasn't that much, but I feel your pain. I also had a forty actually forty five percent increase, so I know exactly and this is the thing, and I get really frustrated with our local governments because I was in the tax Commission.
Speaker 15: I actually just came from the tax Commission, the.
Speaker 14: Property tax Commission, and we're hearing from the special districts that you know, they're going to have to leave, they're going to have to lay people off.
Speaker 15: And that's just even with the deal.
Speaker 14: It's not even talking about Initiative fifty or one o eight that's talking. They're talking about that here. And what they are angling for is they want state backfill. And we've been down this road. I am completely opposed to the state getting into the backfield business or staying in the backfield business because we've been doing that.
Speaker 6: Holy So let me ask you this.
Speaker 5: And then when we're almost out of time, I think everybody listening is like, Okay, state local governments are going to get a huge increase in the amount of money that they are going to get. Yet they are now saying, if we don't get that huge increase and only get a really really big increase, we want the state to pay us the difference, even though they're already getting a huge increase.
Speaker 6: Yep, Okay, that's just dumb. I mean, that's just really dumb.
Speaker 14: Well and further, this is the thing that really torts me up is it comes out of the t So these backfill dollars come out of tabor surplus, which should be going where to us.
Speaker 5: Well, they're already given our tabor surplus away to everybody else, all those groups that they've decided or should get my money instead of me. I can't even talk about that. That's infuriating, Lisa Frazille. Let's let's touch base next.
Speaker 6: Week if we could.
Speaker 5: I'll get with the Laurel and kind of get an update on what's happening, if we could make that happen. I appreciate your coming on the show today, and I appreciate you trying to fight for me as one of your constituents.
Speaker 6: And I hope that the Democrats listen.
Speaker 5: That's all or I, you know, the Colorado people will handcuff them in such a way that could be really inconvenient going forward. So I hope the threat of that hanging over them leads to real action you and me both.
Speaker 14: Mandy, thank you so much. I really appreciate your time today and I would love to visit next week.
Speaker 6: Perfect. That's representative Lisa Frizzelle.
Speaker 5: She's also running for Senate, and I put both of those links for her on the blog so you can find out more information about that.
Speaker 6: So that's something we have to look forward to. Is that Ryan Edwards who wants to play today?
Speaker 8: Yes, I mean I missed it all week, so listen.
Speaker 6: I know we didn't do it last week.
Speaker 5: I just figured it would be too to two, you know what I mean, just complicated, so much stuff going on. Hey, Ryan, really really appreciate you trying to help us out. We did not remotely come close to making that flight because we hit Chicago traffic.
Speaker 9: Plummer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we got in, We're like, oh excited, Okay, we might know. We get on the interstate, it was like, hey, why don't we sit here.
Speaker 8: For a while parking lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I appreciate you trying to help us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course with that.
Speaker 5: So anyway, now it's time for the most exciting secment on the radio.
Speaker 2: It's kind in the world.
Speaker 9: Of the day.
Speaker 5: All right, alrighty, what is our dad joke of the day. Please, Anthony, if you're.
Speaker 7: Lost in the woods, start talking loudly about politics, someone will come to argue with you.
Speaker 6: That that's fantastic.
Speaker 8: Perfect.
Speaker 6: All right, Today's word of the day, Please a rod.
Speaker 8: It is an adjective adjective new fangled.
Speaker 6: Oh, that means new.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know, like a new fangled contraption we're confusing.
Speaker 7: Yes, specifically something that has been recently invented or developed, and usually implies that this new thing is difficult for some to understand, like the interwebs.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I do not know the answer to this, but I'm gonna ask it because of you might. In the Lord of the Rings books and vies, what is the name of the Elvin city where the Fellowship of the Ring is first formed?
Speaker 7: It's Oh, my god, Sean Austin, come back from the DNC and help me out.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 8: Hurt Go ahead.
Speaker 5: The city is home to elves l Rond when, respectively played by Hugo Eaving and Living God.
Speaker 8: Yeah, somewhere, my kids are just so disappointed in me.
Speaker 2: Ye, yep, I may not have a home tonight.
Speaker 8: That's that's how bad that is.
Speaker 6: Just go in and walk and say yeah, I just own it.
Speaker 5: When you walk it in, just say yeah, guys, I embarrass myself today on the Mandy Connell Show.
Speaker 6: There you go, all right, what is our jeopardy category.
Speaker 8: Verbs with other meanings.
Speaker 7: Verbs with other to hurry or a grassy plant correct, to read over carefully or a tiny skin opening?
Speaker 8: Ryan, Ryan, what a scab?
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 6: To read over careful or.
Speaker 8: A tiny skin opening.
Speaker 6: I have no idea.
Speaker 9: What is poor.
Speaker 6: Scan? Want to scan?
Speaker 7: And then I was like, no, it's not it to take off paint or a series of comic panels.
Speaker 6: What's a strip?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 7: To send a package or Sir Galahad's choice of weary correct? And finally, to overcome a foe or a division of a musical measure. This one's actually the easiest one. Wait, guys, both going to hit yourself or a division of a musical measure? I'm not good at music ian pat Red Blue, what is beat.
Speaker 6: On that one? That's not good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, anyway, I'll be back on Monday. We will not be talking about the DNC or the RNC ever. Again, we're done with that conversation. We're done with the having of the conversation about that. Ryan Edwards is coming up next. What are you guys going to do today on KOA Sports.
Speaker 11: Well, it's a football Friday, so we're obviously going to spend a little time on the game. Even though the Broncos are not playing their starters, or at least most of their starters, they'll still allot have to break down a lot of decisions to be made about the fifty three man roster, so we'll get into it.
Speaker 8: Plus Rick Lewis at three thirty.
Speaker 5: So all right, there you go, that is coming up next. Have a great weekend everybody, and we'll be back on Monday. Keep it right here on KOA