Speaker 1: Phoning in.
Speaker 2: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 1: This is Clippers Talk on Aaron on Demand. The Clippers show up, record your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here.
Speaker 3: He is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 2: At follow Adam a Adam Osley. Clippers kick the Hornets nest what amazingly do not get stung? They win one twelve to one oh four. They come through in the end to win in Charlotte over the Hornets and improve to twenty eight and twenty on the season. Welcome into Clippers Talk. I'm Adam Oslin. If you'd like to get on eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. And you know what, while we have a moment, let's pause ten seconds for station identification. Here on AM five to seventy l Spores.
Speaker 3: This is LA Clippers Basketball. AM five seventy KLAC Los Angeles, ninety eight seven KYSR HD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Norman Powell leads them with twenty seven points. Of course he does after not being selected as a reserve for the All Star team. Yesterday, he shows up, goes eleven of fifteen from the field, two to four from the outside, has twenty seven points on just fifteen shots, and he left some points out there. He was three of seven from the charity stripe. He missed four free throws uncharacteristically, norm got it done again. Couldn't be prouder for him to show. This is somebody that has a case. And I can tell you who he should have got in over J Dubb, Jalen Williams. Norman Powell leads his team in scoring. He's averaging three more points per game than Jay Dubb, who's playing next to the MVP this season in SGA. Norma has only had Kawhi Leonard for ten games so far. He's shooting eight percent better from three than Jay Dubb. He's the much more efficient player and more has been asked of him because this Clippers team for the majority of the season hasn't been as talented as the Okac Thunder. I think he has a great case. Never know, Anthony Davis is banged up right now. If he can't go All Star replacements will be looked at. Maybe Norm pal still gets in. But right now, just gotta keep your head down, keep showing everybody that the grind doesn't stop, that you're just gonna go out there and be a true pro and get buckets. Professional scorer in a way that Lou Williams was, but also in a way he wasn't. He wasn't as efficient. That's who Norm Powell is. Remember a couple of years ago, there was this guy YETI moose on X always telling me, I think Norm's the same as Jamal Crawford, and I was like, what are you seeing the efficiency from Norm Powell? The difference in efficiency off the bench? I love Jay Crossover. They're not the same guy. And now you see Norm as a starter thriving. He is at the top of the league and fourth quarter points averages eight per game, had six in this one. He's shooting like fifty four percent from the field in the fourth and like fifty two percent from three in the fourth quarter. And that's carryover from last year. And what I've been upset about is if he had gotten into the three point contest last season, like he should have one of the best three point shooters in the game, shot forty four percent from three, doing it again this year. If he had gotten the three point contest last season, like he should have. I don't know why the NBA was sleeping like that. Just it's easy go look at the best three point percentages in the league and then make those guys perform in the contest. At the All Star Break, Norm wanted to He was campaigning for it. He shouldn't have to campaign for it. His place speaks for itself, and they didn't let him in. Still, I don't know why, but if he had gotten in, he would have gotten more name recognition. Last season. He didn't finish top three and six Man of the Year voting somehow, even though he led everyone I believe in points off the bench last season. So this stuff has been going on for a while with Norm being underrated and overlooked, like criminally underrated. Honestly, it's gross. It just speaks to like it's one thing for fans, you know, to root for their own teams, and they might not be paying attention to outside teams throughout the league. Okay, how is the NBA not paying attention to some of their best players because they could have picked him last season for the three Point Contest. That would have helped him build momentum coming into this season where he would have had a better shot then to be an All Star because he would have showed out at the three Point Contest the year before. So they messed that up. He doesn't finish top three and six Man of the Year voting. They messed that up, and they just continue to And I know this is a coach's vote, but there's a reason he's been going on different podcasts. He's been trying to make himself more visible, recognizable. He shouldn't have to, but that's what it comes down to. A lot of the times, it's a popularity contest. It's annoying. It's frustrating, Like, let the people who really watch ball and know it make these decisions. Now, how you select who those people are, I don't know. You're gonna put a test out there, gonna give everybody the Charles Barkley challenge of who he played for. I'm not saying j Dubb isn't All Star worthy. I'm just saying I think there's a real case for Norman Powell over him. If you want to talk about team records, It's like, Okay, has SGA missed a game. He's the engine, He's the driving force. He's the guy getting thirty every night for OKC. He's gonna win MVP. J Dubb's playing next to him. Normous had to do this with being the leading scorer on his team, with only having Kawhi for ten games. Today was his tenth. I don't know. The more I talk about it, it's the old Seinfeld, the stanz A line with the onion. The more you appeel it, the more it stinks. It's just there's a paper trail of missed opportunities to get norm more into the limelight by the NBA so that more people would know about him this time around while he's having his best season in all Star worthy campaign and it's probably only gonna be it's probably gonna be his only chance to be an All Star because Kawhi's played so a few minutes, so you see how valuable norm is. You see the addition by subtraction because Paul George is in Philly and they're down three with twelve point seven seconds left to Denver at home. For those watching that score to see if they were going to pull off the upset and help out the Clippers, and the standings doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Yabou Selle tries a wild reverse layup, it's tipped in by Ubre, so they're down by one with three seconds left and Jamal Murray's going to the free throw line. I just I don't know it. You. All Star voting has always frustrated me. The game is like a whole nother matter. And here's why I think it's important. You can say, what does it matter? This is about the fans and nothing else, so it should be a popularity contest. Well, I know in this case, Norm's not gonna end up being a Hall of Famer most likely, Like there should be a Hall of Fame of six men like is Jenobileian? You know Jay Crossover. Of course, the Underground got Lou Williams. That's a conversation for a different show. But all Star votes, being in an All Star game is part of your resume and credential to get into the Hall of Fame, So it seems like it should be taken with a little bit more importance, taken a little bit more seriously. If that's something that voters in the end account for when it comes to Hall of Fame voting. Denver up by three. Here's a heave from Yabuselli half court shot, misses it. Denver wins over Philly one thirty seven, one thirty four. Thanks Sixers. We at least they beat the Lakers here night. Uh, Clippers will see them on Tuesday. Clippers still have a game coming up Sunday back in Norms old stomping Grounds along with Kawhi Leonards in Toronto, where they won ring rings a ring each. I I've had it with the All Star voting and people are saying, f an exhibition game, Okay, whatever the point of it is to me. If you're using All Star appearances as part of the criteria to make the Basketball Hall of Fame, then you should probably take those votes a little bit more seriously. Yeah, there's not enough roster spots. There's two many good players. There's arguments for different guys. You can make the argument that Jay Dubb is on the number one team in the West and when he needs to meet in something, but I think Norm has had to do more with less, and I'd give him the edge because while doing that, while having to do more, he's shooting eight percent better from three, almost nine percent better from three than Jay Dubb who's probably seeing more open ones than norm All right, quick time out, I'll stop ranting. We'll break down what happened in this almost miserable loss against the Charlotte Hornets, but the Clippers pulled out. They win one twelve to one oh four. We'll hear from Norman palpost game. That'll be next. We'll also get to your phone calls at eight sixty six ninety seven, two five seventy. I'm about a mileslim and this is Clippers stock here on m five seven. ELA Sports.
Speaker 1: Throws it up.
Speaker 4: The window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts Radio.
Speaker 2: Aip Nolhurn Palace twenty seven after being snubbed from the All Star team, and the Clippers went in Charlotte one twelve to one oh four. They're twenty eight and twenty and they've had Kawhi Leonard for just ten games. Welcome back into Clippers Stock. I'm out a Moslin. No, this was not their best performance of the season. They look stuck in mud at times, and I really think give some credits to Charlotte, give some criticism to the Clippers here because the Hornets only turned it over nine times. Well, I brought this up at one point in the third quarter. I think with Carlow, because we always talk about how important it is for this Clippers team to get out and transition and to create points off turnovers. They are second in the league, only behind the Oklahoma City Thunder when it comes to points off turnovers per game. Almost twenty percent of their points scored per contest are coming off of turnovers. They average about twenty one per game. In this one, they only got nine because the Charlotte Hornets only had nine turnovers. The Clippers turned that into nine points. They weren't able to do what they do best. They took away part of their identity, part of their foundation is a team and their philosophy out there. I think some of that is the Clippers lack of physicality. I think some of that is the Horns had a good night taking care of the basketball. They're certainly better than the Clippers, who turned it over twice as many times, with eighteen. James Harden had six of them. I also felt like early on they didn't feature Viza Zubats enough when obviously who's guarding him. Mussa di Abate. Mussa was good, and I don't want to hear it. Guys. I gotta be honest with you. Anybody's saying, uh, shouldn't let go? Where were you this summer? Because I've done a lot of these shows, and not one person said before this season started and Musa started getting minutes for Charlotte because a bunch of guys were beat up and they still are. I didn't hear one person preseason say they shouldn't have let Musa go. You know what I heard? Ooh, I liked the three point shooting option with Mobamba, ooh, Kai Jones. Look at the athleticism, big upgrade. That's what I heard all summer. And now people want to come around and act like, oh, I knew it. They shouldn't let go on Mussa Diabat, Please, I'm not hearing this. I'm not. He had eleven and fourteen, He had a good game, and they ended up with thirteen offensive rebounds. So they were creating extra possessions and really killing the Clippers in the first half. In that area with eight of them. They had in the first half twelve second chance pointints the Clippers average per game, giving up twelve. They had already given up twelve second chance points in the first half. Clippers were lucky to lead by five. By the end of it, the second chance points were greatly diminished. They only had five in the second half the Hornets, so they ended up with seventeen. The Clippers still ended up with more points than the pain at sixty to fifty eight, which was good to see. And I know one of the talking points is why didn't Big Zoo come back into the ballgame? He leaves in the third quarter. Coach Lou doesn't trust Kai Jones is in the G League, but he doesn't trust Mobamba to come out there. He'd rather just play small, even without Nico Batoomb tonight. That's the thing. They didn't have Nico because of illness. Feel better love the Batum family, and they still and Coach Lou still preferred to go small. Avitza Zubats came out at the three point fifty mark of the third quarter, and I don't believe came back into the ballgame. He came out for Terrence man. Now when he came out, the Clippers were up seven. Hey, they won the game by eight, so what they went plus one in the last sixteen minutes of play going small. He can argue it was effective. I would argue it was it was not. Okay, Wait, he did come back in like a minute later for Derek Jones Junior, so that's not entirely accurate. He came back in after a minute of rest for DJ plays the rest of the third quarter. I want to say he didn't play any of the fourth. Did he start the fourth and then came out? I think that was it. Yes, of each Zubos did start the fourth quarter, so they went small from the eight twenty seven mark of the fourth so it wasn't that drastic and they, I mean, to Coach Lou's credit, they were only up three, so he's probably saying, I'm going big with the Viza Zubats and it's not really working. We're up by three. They won the game. They won the small ball minutes from the eight twenty seven mark on as they were plus five the rest of the way. Maybe it's a sign and a message to the front office that Coach Lou does not trust at all the backups, the backup bigs. I apologize for the audio issues, guys. I'll unplug and plug back in for you here. I know on the radio side were good. Clippers do pull through despite going small because I think they want switch ability on the perimeter because Michich and Miles Bridges were killing them. The problem is at times they were switching everything and so Miles Bridges would just get James Harden on him, which is the matchup he wanted. That was the issue to me. Then the Clippers were better with it down the stretch and they did pull away, and there were some really big buckets. The DJ layup over Mussa to make it one four to ninety seven, the Norm layup to put the Clippers up nine at the three thirty mark to his right, and then a Mere Coffee who I thought had a sneaky good ballgame because he hit two threes the end of the third quarter and sorted KPJ to close the third quarter. That were big separators that were momentum building shots. Because I put him up by ten heading into the fourth they needed all ten points, really Amir at two threes, KPJ hit one, but then a mere late in the ballgame, runs into USA diabate, his former teammate, gets a bloody nose, doesn't get the call. Didn't like that, didn't let him let it affect his game though, because Amir ended up creating a steal due to his great defense on Miles Bridges, who they eventually shut down and it led to a Kawhi dunk on the other end, as he ended up with the basketball thanks to Amir's defense on Bridges, that pretty much sealed the ballgame. Kawhi also once again was in and out of the lineup in the fourth quarter to get him for minutes later in the fourth but he's still is at a twenty eight minute It's not a hard minutes restriction because he did go a little bit over it last time out, and tonight he finished at twenty eight minutes and nine seconds. It's a soft minutes restriction, but it's twenty eight minutes around there by about give or take forty seconds. And I like the way they're distributing them, guys. I think it's really smart because he comes out of the ballgame. I want to say, after starting the fourth quarter where he almost had a steal to start it. It was Kawhi, KPJ, man Emir Zubas and then Kawhi comes out and he did have a floater in the lane, I believe in the fourth quarter. But he comes out for Harden at the seven to twenty sixth mark, and then eventually he gets back in a little bit later. I think that's brilliant way to sagger his minutes in the fourth quarter to get him more consequential clutch time. Minutes late, he came back in for KPJ after a hardened air ball or right before that play. Clippers win. It wasn't pretty, But here's what I'm gonna say about that. For everybody criticizing that there weren't style points, Charlotte's awful. They hardly had any of their guys. LaMelo wasn't playing. If I didn't just see the Clippers after a pretty weak victory over the Wizards add into it Dome, bounce back right afterwards and put together one of their best performances against the Milwaukee Bucks, I'd be concerned because I thought they were really bad in the second half of that game against the Wizards, and I said afterwards a lot of people said it was like their worst victory ever. Tonight. It wasn't great either, But I've already seen this team not let one, you know, uh, just dig it out of the mud type of win in the end affect their next ball game. So I'm not overly concerned because they weren't spectacular against an undermanned and already bad Charlotte Hornets team. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. We will get to that Norman Powell audio postgame with Lauren Rose and after the Clippers win one twelve to one oh four in Charlotte over the Hornets. There're eight games, over five hundred guys, and they've only had Kawhi for ten games. There's not a lot to complain about. I'm out a Moslim and this is a five seven LA Sports.
Speaker 4: Thrills it up for the window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 1: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers. Take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 2: Some of y'all just coming around on the Clippers being a dark horse contender. It's like, guys, come on, I said like two months ago that with how good they are defensively, with the way this team is built, if they have the version of Kawhi they had last season, they can beat anybody in a seven game series in the Western Conference. I don't know about Boston, I don't know about Cleveland, but I feel like with a healthy Kawhi, with the way this team was brilliantly put together by Lawrence Frank. Yes, y'all just seeing this, I know it's different once you actually see Kawhi out there on the court. But he's looking like a similar version of what we saw last year and we're only ten games in. He's not fully ramped up or fully in rhythm yet. I don't know he al miossed the vote on that one. I've been talking about it on here for some time. Clippers win in Charlotte one twelve to one oh four. I thought there was a key moment because if you got a good memory, you'll remember this. The game in Charlotte last season was the last game Kawhi played before his knee swelled up. So now he's back in Charlotte and he's asking for an alup love from Norman Powell. That to me is a key sequence. That to me, is Kawhi having confidence in his body. He had multiple dunks but that was his first alup of the season and he was asking for it. Throw it up, I'll get it. Let's hear from Norman Pale speaking of postgame. The guy who was snubbed from being an All Star here was norm after the Clippers win one twelve to one oh four and Charlotte, and he leads them with twenty seven.
Speaker 5: Norman Powell, you scored agressively and efficiently all night. You've become one of the most legal fourth quarter scorers in the NBA that season. How have you developed that killer instinct especially late in games?
Speaker 6: Staying with it? Trust, trust myself, you know, I'll trust the work that I put in. You know, I work a lot on my mentality, trying to follow Kobe's mama mentality and then just being an aggressive attacker and thinking tactical when the game gets close and down the stretch, doing whatever it takes to get a win.
Speaker 5: You guys rise now to eight and two. When Kawhi Leonard is able to play with you. What's it been like to assimilate such a massive piece to the defense and the offense to the lineup.
Speaker 6: That's been good, you know, Like I said before, huh with Kawhi coming back, i'm's gonna take the pressure off of me.
Speaker 2: And James and Zoo.
Speaker 6: Having another guy that can score at all three levels. Teams got to actually guard him and uh not not double team and Denaya. So it gives us a lot more flow to the offense and defensively, we're able to do a lot of different things, switches where small ball lineups are go big and uh you know, uh have bigger guys down there in the paint protecting. But you know, he's so versatile, he's able to guard one through five. I mean, his attributes are crazy, so I mean it's good to have a two way player of his caliber.
Speaker 5: We head now to Toronto, where you and Kawhi, of course won a championship together. What wisdom did you pick up those years ago during that championship run that's created the Norm Powell we're seeing today.
Speaker 6: Just well just watching him work, honestly, the confidence that he has his daily preparation. You know, I took bits and pieces from him and Phil Handy with watching them work together, and it's just a confidence piece of the you know, good games, bad games, misshots, airballs, whatever it is, you know, having that same approach to night and night out, possession by possession. I was able to, you know, take that and implement it into my game, and I thinks what worked well for me so far.
Speaker 5: Well, we're excited to head back up north with you, Norm. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Norm Powell their post game on FanDuel TV with Clippers Court, said reporter Lauren Rosen, a frequent guest here on Clippers Talk. So let me break it down for you. I don't think this includes tonight's game, but Norman Powell in fourth quarters this season is shooting fifty five percent from the field and fifty three percent from three on sixty three shots from the outside. He leads them in the plus minus and fourth quarters. He's a plus fifty one. And guess what, this is nothing new. Last season in fourth quarters Norm shot fifty four percent from the floor and forty eight percent from three. He's been like this, He's been this clutch. That's why people said. Somebody in the comment section earlier here at Clippers Stock on YouTube said, we're still talking about Norm being snubbed. Get over it. It's like no, no, no, no no. The way this doesn't happen again is if there is some outrage is if people do talk about Norman Powell and how good he's been, by the way, been barely over twenty four hours since he didn't make the All Star team. So telling people to get over it? Why you talk about old stuff? It's like, can we have a week? Can we have a couple of days to talk about how norm should have made it? Come on and no. If you get over it, the voters win. The point is to create buzz for Norman Powell and talk about his greatness and celebrate him and hopefully if there is an injury, he's the guy that gets in somehow. Up in San Francisco for the All Star Game. All right, quick time out, we'll come back. We'll close things out. Clippers win over the Hornets one twelve to one oh four Storm and Norman powellich twenty seven to lead them. I'm out of Milesland and you're listening to Clippers Sockey're on m five seven. ELA Sports.
Speaker 4: Throws it up, a window finishes in the fowl Los Angeles Slipper Nation.
Speaker 3: This is your home for the LA Clippers. LA Clippers take us with you on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 2: Clippers are victorious. Eight and two in kawhi Leonards ten games, he has twenty one on eight of seventeen, shooting four of seven from three, Kawhi's best game from distance. As the Clippers now with that one twelve one oh four victory in Charlotte today, head up north to our neighbors. Up north, they'll be in Toronto, Kawhi's old stomping Grounds, Norman Pals Old stomping Grounds. They'll be wanting to show out against a Raptors team that is struggling this season Sunday, and we'll have tip off on Sunday at twelve thirty Pacific time. Eleven thirty is your pregame show. Before we get out of here, I do want to remind you Clippers Talk is brought to you by Underdog Fantasy. Underdog Fantasy is the easiest way to play fantasy sports and is available in over thirty states. All you gotta do is pick higher or lower on your favorite players stats or least favorite player stats, and you can win up to one hundred times your money. Make picks, win money, and I got a free promo code for you guys that gives new users a free pick and up to one thousand dollars in bonus cash. The promo code is LAC and you can find it and the referral link in the description down below in this very episode, then you just go to the website and look at oh Atlanta's in Indianapolis tomorrow. Trey Young, who feels like he was snubbed not making the All Star team in the Eastern Conference. Higher or lower than twenty three and a half points? What about higher or lower than eighteen and a half points for Tyrese Haliburton Prize Picks. It is that simple, make picks, win money. Underdog Fantasy is the name. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization Stormer Norman Powell, Ralph Lawler, Pride, Stephen Noah, Igo, Carlo Jimenez on the call, our producer back here in the bank, that would be the Great Daniel West. Until Sunday with the pregame show starting at eleven thirty, Clippers taking on the Raptors in Toronto. I'm out of Mason. We'll talk to you then.
Speaker 3: Has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every game.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive.
Speaker 3: And make sure to follow Wherever You podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 2: Clippers Talk Baby,