Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: How lucky we are to be alive right now?
Speaker 1: To paraphrase Hamilton, though, I think that's verbatim, What a time think about what we're living through, right And it's exactly what we talked about when Trump announced the quote tariff play. Though it's much more than that, and it's unfolded just as we predicted it would, which is really not that hard to predict, right because you look at Trump, it's always been the art of the deal, and you need leverage to make the deal. And he sees smart, he's successful, yet you know that he is going to win one way or the other. So when he needed to pivot today, and I think he did, I think he pretty much admitted that he needed to pivot today, needed to have some tariff relief in order to politically keep enough people on the reservation, et cetera.
Speaker 2: He did that.
Speaker 1: And that's why from the very beginning I've said brilliant play. Use the leverage. We're going to come out better than where we started. It's just a matter of how much better. And we can trust Trump to adjust along the road as he needs to. And that's what we're watching unfold. Love your thoughts. We have great text as well, the d A N five seven seven three nine. We'll go back to the phone lines in a second. Three oh three seven to one three A two five five the number. And again, you know, I think we called this one right from the very beginning in terms of what would likely happen in the market, and that's unfolded.
Speaker 2: Nobody could be precise on the timing, but the flow of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hey, I think there's going to be chop ahead.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You've still got China out there, You've still got this trade war I want to call it that with China. It needs to be fought, and Trump's the guy to fight it. But that isn't necessarily going to end painlessly. So I'm not saying we're going to see every day is going to be an upday on Wall Street. The futures right now are up a tick across the board, but I don't read anything into that. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow's a down day, if tomorrow's an up day, if tomorrow's a mix.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that overall because I think that's what most people invest for, right, is not day trading.
Speaker 2: Overall. Trump's in control here and for.
Speaker 1: All the reasons we've discussed, this thing is going to land well. And then there are going to be other major events as a backdrop for this, including Aron. So we'll talk about all that and some important local stuff. Let's go to Jim in Denver. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome Jim, Hi, Dan, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm living the dream, and thank you for calling earlier. Normally, Jim Cole, we love Jim. He calls to disagree, but normally it's at like five point fifty seven. So we have thirty seconds left, so laid on me.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 3: You know two things that Donald said at the Republican dinner last night. I thought we're just utterly disgraceful. He said that by using our towerff threat, but we were going to be able to start ripping off these countries, and that those were his words.
Speaker 2: He's ripping off, We're going to start.
Speaker 3: Ripping them off.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I thought that was that in full context? Is that in full context? Full? Unfair?
Speaker 3: CONTI they've been what he said was they've been ripping off us off. Now we're going to start ripping them off.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's just looking up because your enthusiasm is so admirable, but it's led you to be a not so reliable historian at times.
Speaker 2: Jim, So, I just want to check that, all right? And you got a problem with.
Speaker 3: That, oh Dan. I don't want us to rip anybody off, Okay, I want a fair deal. That's all ripping off. I mean, if it was wrong for them to rip us off, it's wrong for us to rip them off. What We're the richest country in the history of the world. What do you want to rip off countries poorer than us?
Speaker 1: My friend, my friend, it wouldn't be my choice of words. But did the president define ripping off? Because here's where I think your premise is flawed. And I'm trying to find the quote right now. What Trump has often said, right is, Okay, China's been ripping us off for years, and I don't blame them if they can get away with it. But I'm not going to let him get away with it is normally what he says, and he normally expands on his belief that nations have a right to act and their best interest. I mean not talking about wars but starting wars, but nations have a right tect and their best interest. And that's normally even his pitch. He doesn't fault the people out there, other nations who've been ripping us off, but says it's time to stop that and we need to start acting in America's interest. Where his comments in that context.
Speaker 3: He didn't confine it to China. He says the EU, the Europe has been ripping us off for years. He says, Canada's been ripping us off. He says Mexico has been ripping us off off. Yeah, you know, and so anyway, the term ripping is off. I don't want to see the I think you can agree you don't want to see the United States off.
Speaker 1: And I'm still trying to find the quote, my friend, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I can't find it anywhere.
Speaker 2: It might very well be there.
Speaker 3: We'll see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but listen, when we come back to like, Trump's a disruptor, right, so sometimes he uses language to get attention. If he uses typical economic jargon, then is Jim talking about it on some radio show.
Speaker 2: So listen.
Speaker 1: If the idea is cheating people, no, we don't cheat. That's not who we are as Americans. If the idea is we're not going to be cheated and we're going to make sure that we act in this nation's interest. Yeah, and I think that's what he's been all about.
Speaker 3: But he said on something even worse than to my mind. He said these countries. He said, I announced the tariffs, and now all these countries are looking to negotiate. They're all trying to kiss my ass and they say, hey, sir, please, sir, could you please give us these tariffs? And I mean, he was mocking them. And he's talking about Japan and South Korea and Vietnam, these countries that have already, you know, tried to negotiate some kind of settlement on this, and he's mocking them in a really vulgar way. He's humiliating them, and I think it's disgraceful.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you what's more disgraceful Trump using language like that or the other countries doing to us?
Speaker 2: What they've been doing.
Speaker 4: I have no idea I have.
Speaker 2: Oh you do, Jim, you just don't want to admit it.
Speaker 1: You know that the actual actions, rather than some rough words, are much more disgraceful.
Speaker 2: And we can all agree on this.
Speaker 1: Right If Donald Trump talked like every other politic ever, would have been president and the good things he's doing would not be happening. Now, it's not the way I choose to talk. But last I checked, I'm not president. Ryan may correct me on that sometime soon.
Speaker 2: But but no, I don't mind. I don't mind some crudity.
Speaker 1: I don't mind some rough language as long as the underlying actions are doing good and stopping evil in a perfect world. Would you love to have that without anybody ever saying a curse word?
Speaker 2: You bet?
Speaker 3: I just don't think humiliating our allies, you know, would crude, schoolyard bully language. Is that any president should do that? As what he's saying, we're going to take your lunch.
Speaker 1: Money, Well that's not what he's saying. What he's saying is he wants a fair deal for America. But what I think is so revealing, Jim, and this isn't meant personally, just actually is that you're unwilling to condemn the underlying conduct of the allies who've been taking advantage of us.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you think a trade deficit is with France?
Speaker 3: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: It's big, it's it's very big in Japan.
Speaker 1: I love the Japanese people, But what's the trade deficit with Japan?
Speaker 2: So you know you finally got a guy. Oh, it's not a problem. Problem.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, power kind of our wealth. We have a lot more money than to take myself from us.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, my friend Jim, and I'm only interrupting because we're up against a heartbreak. Let me ask you, do you get to spend much time in the Midwest? Do you get to spend much time in those areas of the country that that are doing pretty poorly right now? Where you've got a lot of towns that have been hollowed out, You've got a lot of opioid addiction, you got an awful lot of problems because so many of our good and best paying jobs average manufacturing job paid about one hundred and two thousand with Betty's so many of our best jobs have now gone over to our allies. I think you need to spend some more time in those parts of the country because we have paid an enormous price for the wealth of some of our allies, and.
Speaker 3: We out manufacture every single one of our allies. China's the number one manufacturer in the world. The United States is number two.
Speaker 1: But you're not basing that, Jim. I'm sorry interrupt, but you're not basing it per capita. You got it, base it on per capita. Yeah, we have a whole lot of people. So when you got a whole lot of people, yeah, maybe the top line number is we're doing more of that, but when you break it down to per person that there is no denying, Jim. There's no denying the six million manufacturing jobs we've lost. That manufacturing is about a third of what it used to be. How well most of those jobs, there's no denying all that, Jim. So all I'm saying is, let's have a heart. Let's have a heart for the American people first, That's all I'm saying. Doesn't mean we mistreat the rest of the world, but I'd love to see the same kind of passion and concern that you have for our allies directed to our American brothers and sisters. Hey, Jim, you're welcome to hang, but I got to hit this brake. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you why she can only stay the Supreme leader if people are employed, if we wipe out any business there, Because we are still thirty nine percent of all consumables on Earth and twenty five percent of the world's GDP. America is the number one economy on Earth with all the cars.
Speaker 2: We will not have that forever.
Speaker 6: It's time to squeeze Chinese heads into the wall.
Speaker 2: Now, Kevin O'Leary, Hey, linezer Jam.
Speaker 1: We'll give Jim a few seconds to complete he held through the break, and then we'll get onto our other callers.
Speaker 2: So, Jim, what's your wrap? Hello Dan?
Speaker 1: Hey Jim, do you have a quick wrap up on this, my friend? Because we've got gem lines and want to get to everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did you have a chance to listen to Trump's speech from the things he said last night?
Speaker 2: Jim?
Speaker 1: I did not during this break, but I have had texters say Jim is wrong.
Speaker 2: Trump said, Hey, now we're going to do the ripping. Yeah, Okay, Jim.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, we don't have time to kind of litigate what he did or didn't say. But your your bottom line point is you don't like his you don't like his rough language, right, and you don't like the idea of Trump saying, Okay, now we're going to rip people off. But Jim, gratefully you called hope, you call again off and we always appreciate that. I want to try to get everybody in. Let's go to a Jill. You're on the Dan Kaplas.
Speaker 2: She'll welcome.
Speaker 7: Oh, hi, Dan, I'm to talk to you again.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, poor poor Jim. Seriously, I feel sorry for him, Uh, because you know our president, he he doesn't talk like that. He doesn't say that. He says what he says, and then other outlets tell you that he said this or that. But if you watch him, you know what he said, and he's saying, we need to be equal, we need to we need to go back. I wasn't in favor of this thing to begin with, back in the day of this thing with China, and UH ended up losing losing a marriage over it, actually over China, but over yeah, over like implementing trying to take over our lives, you know, back in the day. And my husband and I at that point in time, I didn't you know, politics wasn't in my life. I didn't know you had to be politically related to be married because I love the guy, you know. I thought he was wonderful. She's been a good dad, all those things. But and he was pro China and pro shipping our jobs and everything. And I told him, I said, this is not going to be bode well for America.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: That ended up being a major event in our lives. And yeah, so you had.
Speaker 1: A marriage break up over politics. It wasn't something else in politics.
Speaker 2: It was just like an aggravator. It was politics.
Speaker 7: It was politics, and it was well it started in eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Well, Jill may ask you this, and I'm starting to interrupt just because we've got these gam lines. But okay, but my wife and I that the way we resolved it would not this have worked for you and your husband was we just don't talk politics.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that would be smart.
Speaker 2: So maybe there was something else going on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but good for you, you know, I mean, I'm glad you were able to have that, But I'm saying that we were so I was so vital and this yeah, you know, I had a child. I was thinking, are you kidding? This is not going to bode well for my son, who is now forty one years old.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: But wigged me out and I realized what a different person he was. And yes it was you know, it was me doing the okay standing up?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Well I admire the strength of your convictions. I do, and just out of curiosity, because I know every listener is wondering, chill your child.
Speaker 2: Did your child turn out to be conservative? To be liberal? More like you? More like your ex husband?
Speaker 7: Oh, he was very conservative until they went to college.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm serious.
Speaker 7: He's an attorney now.
Speaker 2: Okay, and.
Speaker 7: He was a very very conservative. Yeah, and then he goes to college. Well he didn't know. Let's not do that.
Speaker 1: And Jill, I am, I'm so very sorry I let you down that path. Thank you for colling. I think a lot of people probably have to balance that issue at home with politics and relationships. So I would guess probably about eighty percent of the people marry somebody politically aligned just happened to be my soulmate had different political views, and yet we've been able to thrive.
Speaker 2: Thank God, let's go to Mike. You're on the Dan Caplis Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome Mike, hey dand to talk to you again.
Speaker 2: You too.
Speaker 4: You know I'm calling Tumps me good because he's got me listening to some of these people are really getting to me. I'm older, I'm not in my age.
Speaker 8: And when they say we're the richest nation, do people out look at this street? We are out the riches around everywhere nations because there's space as you can go and I've been there, they don't have to say atm they're not ATMs that stood out though, not say for money that's been made up seven of all? What about all of the US When we have to rebuild.
Speaker 4: The path, rebuild Germany, we never got where. I think they're still time to collect on some of that. So now we've got a president that's trying to bring it back to America. People don't want to give him a chance. He'd been a chance even in his life. They want to cut him down. Are they afraid to be able to say, maybe we were wrong?
Speaker 1: You know what they're afraid of, Mike. They're afraid, as I said, from day one, they're afraid the tariffs will work. They're afraid that Trump's power play will succeed.
Speaker 2: That's what they've been afraid of.
Speaker 1: That's why they've been generating this panic porn, hoping that it would force Trump to stop.
Speaker 2: That's what they're afraid of.
Speaker 1: Hey, Mike, where where can you go where there's gold coming out ATMs?
Speaker 2: That's got to be our next feel really? Wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, some of the some of the areas, uh you know, some of Asia, different places in Asia.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's for good, you know, you.
Speaker 4: Go and there you put in because it's not so much money.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying we're we're not the parish, but we're not the richest. And look for all the countries we help out all the time. That's these people see that that, like you said, I think what it is they're saying it it is a chance all working already. So that's time to knocking dollar, the time of not sucked down. How's anybody going to do anything if you don't give them a chance and get rid of some of these judges, federal judges that don't only have the rights in their state. They have the right to say something, but how are they going and saying, oh, why are here in Colorado, but you've got to buy my state wife of fifty.
Speaker 2: No, hey, I might appreciate the call. Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 1: The music means we've got to hit our break, come back and talk to everybody else filling our lines.
Speaker 2: And I do want to get some time.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're in the middle of this major play by Trump, so that might have to wait a day or two. But the US Supreme Court stepping in and starting to decision by decision make it clear how it views the role between you know, different district court judges, pellet levels and the Supremes.
Speaker 2: Here on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: The second Trump announced Liberation Day and the left launched its panic porn because it's scared to death that Trump's going to succeed with this play, which has been labeled a tariff play, but it's broader than that. It's about economic justice for the United States of America across the globe, and tariffs are a tool to get the leverage you need to cut the deals you need to cut, which are broader than just tariffs. So that's what we're in the middle of. And the reason on day one, I said, hey, this is a smart play. Trust Trump. It's going to work. Is because Trump's can control and he can adjust as we go along. And as he said today, Hey, he needed to adjust today. So what he did today he left the ten percent tariffs in place most places across the globe, but he brought down some of the extra tariffs for a ninety day period.
Speaker 2: So people could come and cut deals.
Speaker 1: And he did that because he had some Republicans getting shaky. And that's what he said today when he said that some people were getting yippie. So that's why from the beginning I felt that this was going to be a very successful play, and that it was at least in my mind, you know, save to layer some more money into the market, because Trump would be in control of all of this.
Speaker 2: So, hey, do I expect every day to be like today? No, of course not.
Speaker 1: I expect there are a lot of ups and downs ahead as Trump takes on the big Kohuna, which is China, the Communist Party of China, the big cheater, and it's not going to be as easy to hammer out that deal, but it will get done. So yeah, a brilliant move by Trump, one way or the other. We're going to come out far ahead of where we were when we started. And the only issue is how ahead, because you know, you rarely get one hundred percent of what you're after. But it's going to be a lot better than it was, that's for sure. So let's get to some of these great texts. Three oh three seven one three A two five five, the number Oh, I love this one. Dan, please remind anyone offended by Trump of the topless transgender people dancing around outside the White House in response, we love our color. Jim, he always calls to disagree. He was offended by some gruff language from the president. And what a great point the text are make. Now, I had asked, Jim, is is he more offended by the bad conduct of the country's Trump was.
Speaker 2: Aiming the bad language yet? But I guess not for Jim.
Speaker 1: And listen, that's the reality, right is there going to be some people out there, as Trump said, you know, he could cure cancer, bring total peace to the world, all in the same day, and you're going to have forty seven percent of the people who.
Speaker 2: Are still going to hate him.
Speaker 1: And part of the magic of Trump, right, Ryan, I mean, it's and this is such an interesting just part of human nature is that he has never let the haters control him.
Speaker 2: He is never he has never let pleasing others.
Speaker 1: Dictate how he acted, and that's why he has become this successful, great disruptor.
Speaker 5: He doesn't let the haters get him down.
Speaker 9: He does it with a twinkle in his eye, and he's got a sense of humor about it.
Speaker 5: And then he makes fun of the haters. Maybe they like me a little bit now, you know, he's always open to having them come back in the fold, like he wants to be my friend Bill Mark and have dinner with me.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Because my theory on Trump is that his default is affection.
Speaker 2: Yes, that he's a lover at heart.
Speaker 1: And now, listen to some of the greatest fighters I've ever known are lovers at heart. And I consider myself a kind of a lover at heart, and it's one reason that I'm so passionate and so aggressive when it comes to certain things. But yeah, I think that's his default, that's his setting. Now, we all know a lot of people who are not lovers at heart. They're kind of angry haters at heart, Biden, and then they kind of mask it with this passive, aggressive phony smile stuff Joe Biden and and well this is one example. All right, let's get to some more texts. We'll work in some more calls. It's been just a fiery day on the phones. Three h three someone three eight two five five have some more hot sound. I want to bring you as well.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 1: What Trump said is these countries have been ripping us off. Now it's our turn to do the ripping Dan. Trump reiterated being fair the whole time. And I don't doubt that for a second, because you know, Trump has lived in the real world, right and anybody who lives in the real world, as I assume most of our listeners do, they know that for something to work long term, any deal to work long term, that's in your best interest, or your client's best interest, your country's best interest, whatever.
Speaker 2: That deal has got to be roughly fair or it's not going to preserve long term, you know.
Speaker 1: So with any kind of ongoing relationship, you know, and Trump has always understood that. So I don't think Trump is looking at this point to disadvantage the rest of the world. I think Trump wants to use American might to rebalance the scales and get a fair deal for the American people, because we have been getting ripped off over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: All over the world. And part of it is Ryan.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to get all philosophical, but everybody knows it's true. Part of the reason for that is because the modern Democratic Party wants a smaller, weaker America. I mean Barack Obama, right, he said it. He said it at the United Nations. No world order that elevates one nation or group of people over another will succeed. And that has been the rallying cry of the Democratic Party since at least two thousand and nine, which is America cannot have any more economic influence, or might any more military influence might than any other nation on Earth. And we have got to reverse that or we don't survive as a nation. And Trump is the guy to reverse it. That's what he was elected to do. Dan, can you please give me a list of players, young and old that can hit a golf ball three hundred and seventy five yards?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, where do you want to start it?
Speaker 5: Tiger Woods in his prime? How far did he ot it?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I thought you were going to start it right here. Well, you of course, Dan, Well, no, listen, I mean come out. We play at altitude here right, correct, So that distorts it about ten percent. But I'm routinely driving the ball three point fifteen to three forty five. You know, you catch something downhill, maybe you're not into a win, maybe a little tailwind, you get it out to three point fifty and you know I'm over fifty right now. So yeah, I think there are an awful lot of people who can hit it long. I just think the short game's tougher. And by the way, we got off on this because President Trump used a golf term today in describing why he was, you know, pausing some of these higher terrorists today because some Republicans were getting quote yippie, which is a golf term for you got a three foot put and you hit it thirty feet because you know, your nerves fire up and it looks like you had a stroke the Hey, by the way, I don't want to digress, but did I tell you what my uncle's telling me that story about his friend who died on the golf course.
Speaker 2: What was this?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, my uncle, who Ryan knows, is.
Speaker 1: A Catholic priest and still does multiple masses a week and big crowds. He's awesome about my uncle Roger. Yeah, buddy of his priest, Buddy, he's you know, because these guys love to go down to Florida in the winter. I mean they're over ninety now, they deserve a little break. So buddy of his, he's out there, avid golfer like my uncle. They're not together. The buddy, he's feeling bad, eventually dies of this heart attack. But he lays down next to the ninth green and he sees laying there and he looks over and he says to the guy next to him, why is that angel.
Speaker 2: In the golf cart?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And then he dies. Wow.
Speaker 9: So now not quite like the Caddyshack scene with the Catholic priest out there.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm gonna do. I got all these trials coming up, but then I'm gonna take a break. Yeah, and I'm going to write a book. Oh, I got to write a book. Have nothing to do with me, just about all the stuff I've seen on the golf course.
Speaker 5: Yes, what agree on me?
Speaker 1: Caddying for years and then working as a car parker at the same country club. You got it, Dan I mean all the stuff I've seen on the golf course and uh yeah, no, gotta do that, gotta do that, Okay, I digress Tara three is someone three eight two five five takes d an five seven seven three nine. But you got to understand this, this course that I caddied at and the members so generous they sent me to college like the movie Caddyshack on what's called the Evans Scholarship, which is one of the greatest things ever created. If your kids looking for a summer job, have them looking to cadding because that's how you can win the Evans Scholarship eventually, but yet just a tremendous experience.
Speaker 2: When we come back.
Speaker 1: No more golf talk, unfortunately, but I want to get you some some of this hot takes. Dound of the Day, give you a little preview on what polus it looks like. Is ready to threaten one of the top priorities, the veto pardon me threatening to Vito one of the top priorities on the left. You're on the Dankaples.
Speaker 5: Show and now back to the Dan Kapless Show podcast.
Speaker 10: Wall Street has grown wealthier than ever before, and it can continue to grow and do well. But for the next four years. The Trump agenda is focused on main street. It's main street's turn. It's main street's turn to hire workers, it's main street's turn to drive investment, and it's main street's turn to restore the American dream.
Speaker 2: Boy, I love hearing that.
Speaker 1: And it needs to go beyond the purely economic as well into, for example, school choice. Because President Trump talked about the tariff play on April too. Right, But you talk about liberation like, the true, lasting, profound liberation in America will come when we have the tipping point breakthrough to true school choice. Charters are awesome, different forms are awesome, awesome, but pure level the playing field unleash the massive potential of all these kids in America who have not had a fair chance to compete because they don't get a fair chance to compete in education. Man, you talk about the next big liberation in America, it's going to be true school choice. Just financially empower all of those working family, class families, middle income families, all of the economically disadvantaged family in America. All of a sudden, you give those parents this massive purchasing power that they can use in education, and you just watch the free market rise up to serve those people and their children.
Speaker 2: And once these.
Speaker 1: Kids, all of these kids you know who are locked right now into non competitive government run schools, you just watch them as their potential gets unleashed and see what it does for this country. That that is truly exciting, and that day will come and Trump is committed to that as well. Three out three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. Want to get to some more of these great texts, but also some of the hot take sound of the day, and I really want to get your take on Okay, where does it go from here?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, you've still got this major economic battle going with the Communist Party of China, and you know, those tariffs have just been increased. That's not over, and there's still aren't deals with you know, Vietnam for example, where we have this one hundred and twenty nine billion trade deficit each year and a lot of China cheating going on through Vietnam.
Speaker 2: So still a lot of work to be done.
Speaker 1: But I like that President Trump has now given the administration these ninety days to work with to cut deals, and I think you're going to see a parade virtual as well as physical, of other nations coming to Washington to cut those deals. But China, Yeah, that's the one eventually that just has to be done and has to be done the right way.
Speaker 2: Dan, China holds a lot of our debt.
Speaker 1: What happens if they call our debt because of this trade war and we can't repay? A great question, But I don't think there's any chance of that happening right because, first of all, China needs to China needs to be able to cash in on that. They need a financially healthy America to do that. Second, there is is so much that America can do right now, you know, to undermine g and his very you know, leadership in China is very survival in China. You know, for example, how about cut sixteen. Kevin O'Leary's take on that, well.
Speaker 2: Maybe cut eighteen.
Speaker 1: Let's stay on cut eighteen, because he assumes that she, you know, because he is an evil, brutal dictator, is just guaranteed to stay in power, but not necessarily, and I don't think he can toy with the US the way you're suggesting.
Speaker 2: Four hundred percent.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow morning, he'll tell you why she can only stay the supreme leader if people are employed, if we wipe out any business there, Because we are still thirty nine percent of all consumables on Earth and twenty five percent of the world's GDP. America is the number one economy on Earth with all the cars, we will not have that forever. It's time to squeeze Chinese heads into the wall, now, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know that's Kevin O'Leary with his take on it. And I think the bottom line is nobody's denying, right. Have you heard anybody from the left try to deny that the US has been taken advantage of four years by China, by the Communist Party of China and many of these other nations, including allies. I don't think anybody's denying that. The question is just how you go about dealing with it. And Trump he's got this window, he's using the leverage, and we're going to kind of come out better where we started.
Speaker 2: And I think we already are there.
Speaker 1: It's going to take some pain along the way, but every great accomplishment does right, particularly when you're riding wrong. So then Ryan, this is against the backdrop of other major things that may very well be happening on the international stage. I mean, Trump is in a hurry for good reason, and he's going to deal with Iran. I don't think you're going to see American troops go to war in Iran. I certainly hope not. But I think Iran's either going to cut a deal where they agree not to get nuclear weapons, or Trump is going to fully back Israel and taking out Iran's nuclear weapons. Because this we've been talking about for years. This is as true as any statement you can ever conceive of. Israel is not going to sit back and allow Iran to get nuclear weapons. Israel is not going to sit back and allow Israel to be destroyed, because the two are the same. So I think something major is going to happen with Iran in the next six months.
Speaker 9: It just makes me wonder, too, Dan, why the Obama administration, John Kerry, Joe Biden, we're so hell bent on trying to open those floodgates, those doors for Iran and remove the shackles on them. It doesn't make any sense that it would be in the United States interest to do that, but they don't.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't make any sense to you, because you're a great American and you want a strong America. But if you're Barack Obama and Barack Obama acolytes, you want a weak America.
Speaker 2: And he said it.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's dead wrong, but he at least said it to the United Nations verbatim. No world order that elevates one nation or group people over another will succeed. So he made it very clear he wanted the United States of America to have no more military or economic influence than any other.
Speaker 2: Nation on Earth.
Speaker 1: And the quickest way to accomplish that is gives psychotic enemies nuclear weapons.
Speaker 2: Foggles the mind.
Speaker 1: Well, but that was the play, right, That was the play, was to neutralize America by giving our enemies nuclear weapons, but particularly unstable psychotic.
Speaker 2: Enemies like that regime. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So well, lots ahead tomorrow, Glad you were here today, and we will talk about Polis. Looks like he's ready to veto some top priorities from the left. Will dive into that tomorrow. Thank you, Ryan, Thank you Kelly. Please join us tomorrow on The Dan Kaplo Show.