Speaker 1: You can, of course, hear Ryan on another station only after my show is over.
Speaker 2: Of course I call it the Mandy Connell postgame Show. There you go. That's perfect, which you actually listened to on occasion, I guess I can by you, yes, So I really appreciate that.
Speaker 1: He's around six point thirty k how and I highly recommend a very entertaining program.
Speaker 2: Now you can catch my first hour on the podcast, because you've got to listen to Mandy's third hour live.
Speaker 3: And this is why Ryan is the best.
Speaker 1: He understands how the game is played right here, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about how.
Speaker 1: The game was played in Michigan because we here, and I know you've talked about this on your program as well. The de bracle of the Colorado Republican Party where we now have. I, by the way, officially recognized Eli Brammer yesterday as the chairman of the GOP, much like the UN recognizes a country. So I have recognized him, so there is no question, okay that he is the chairman of the GOP now. But unfortunately the old chair, the grifter, Dave Williams, is clinging to power like Norma Desmond cling to start him in Sunset Boulevard. I like that reference, and he's not going anywhere. What it's going to take is somebody's gonna have to tell him to leave. And this is why I'm bringing Ryan in because this exact same thing just happened in Michigan.
Speaker 2: Almost it's uncanny, Mandy, the parallels between the Republican Party and Colorado here in my home state of Michigan, and it's not that surprising to find out that both parties are struggling immensely. Michigan is a purple state, a lot more purple than I would say Colorado is now, which is essentially blue, but it leans blue, and it's always leaned blue that in my lifetime that I can remember the Union guys, a lot of Union, a lot of University Michigan, Michigan State, central Western Eastern. You have a strong Detroit populace that is pretty safely blue. And that's what really flips Michigan from Trump in twenty sixteen to Biden in twenty twenty. Biden also had that appeal like you're talking about with the UAW workers in Macomb County specifically, but it's leadership, it's a top down process and the old saying is a fish rots from the head down right, And Dave Williams has taken this party in Colorado, and I believed, in some ways kind of intentionally driven it off the cliff.
Speaker 3: I said to a.
Speaker 1: Friend I was having a conversation with him, like, could he be a Democrat plant? That's what I was endering because genuinely, and I'm not seriously saying this as a conspiracy theory, but if you were the Democrats and you wanted to destroy the Republican Party, could you come up with a better prototype on how to do that then to get Dave Williams installed.
Speaker 3: As the chairman.
Speaker 2: Another way to ask that question that I've done on my show and with you, I think, is if you were trying to undermine and destroy the Republican Party from within, what would you do differently than anything Dave Williams was on to this point, correct, because what we saw, Mandy, you saw personally at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee was tremendous unity. I talked to Heidi Ganal who was there too, and it even efforvest to the Republican Party. Of those that were in attended, it's from Colorado here, including yourself in Heidi Ganal. But the leadership seems hell bent on just you know, driving headlong into the fire, no matter, you know, damn the torpedoes and if we lose, so what well, No, the name of the game is winning. It doesn't mean you compromise values. But in Michigan, what we've seen is this cartoonish kind of caricature of trump Ism. And people think they know Trump is I think better than Donald Trump himself because they try to apply these litmus tests. Now we're a purity test of well, you're not Trump. You know Donald Trump would not pass yours test correct.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what Dave Williams did here.
Speaker 2: And Christina Caramo is the name you want to keep an ear out for in Michigan because she's Dave Williams and carnate nice. I like that, but she was the same thing. It's like this very narrow cabal of leadership. It's a battle of attrition. It's a battle of subtraction rather than addition. That's that's really where I drew the line. As you and I both are very strong supporters of the log Cabin Republicans here in Colorado. I think They're a key group. Valtimore Archillette is a tremendous voice as the president. And to send out such a defamatory and inflammatory and hateful etmail, to what purpose does that serve? To what point are you trying to prove? Now?
Speaker 3: Are you trying to bring to the party with that?
Speaker 2: You're not. You're trying to kick people out. So how do you plan to win elections that way? Yet you're not, You're not so in Michigan, Christina Caromel similarly felt like she had her eyes on the prize, her fingers on the pulse of trump Ism and what it means. We got to go ultra right maga in Michigan. I'm telling you the history of Republicans in Michigan who win, who win like John Angler, like Snyder Rick Snyder who both served English served three terms before they narrow that to a two term limit. Jennifer Granhold the Democrat, followed then Rick Snyder. Michigan's gone back and forth a bit. But the types of Republicans who win in Michigan are not very trumpy. They're not not super duper far right Republican conservative. It's kind of a it's a delicate balance, it's a narrow path to walk. Mike Rogers, who's running for Senate this year, he can win, but again you got to thread a needle in Michigan to win as a Republican. And Caramo they were practically bankrupt. This is another thing that famous sharing in common with Dave Williamstern and Colorado. They were raising money and Pete Hookster comes in. Now there's this separation and it happens here too, between the grassroots so called movement and the established kind of people will call them rhinos or whatever, but the rhinos win in Michigan. I got to say it just flatly. And so Hookster comes in. He's not very well liked at all by the grassroots. They're booing him at this assembly. And Caramo comes in kind of in a stealth manner. She's already been booted the Republican National Congression.
Speaker 3: Committee on whartographs.
Speaker 1: How would she actually get booted because she did the party membership call a meeting like they did here.
Speaker 3: What was that pros fame exact.
Speaker 2: Thing, same thing, and she was voted out and same thing as Dave Williams. She was like, no, I'm not leaving, I'm not leaving. She's doing the whole Wolflall Street thing. Yeah, exactly, No, you got to leave. And so the National Party had to come in and say, no, you are leaving. This is what's been decided. This is who we are recognizing. We've already seen a little bit of that from the NRCC here in Colorado with regard to Eli Bremmer and then Hookstra. He takes control of the gabble, he's running these meetings, he's running this assembly and she sneaks in ostensibly to endorse this other candidate. Sure, okay, we know why you're there. So they asked her to leave, She doesn't want to leave. It turns into a scene. The police escort her out of the buildings.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is the state of things in the Michigan Republican Party, and again we can really relate to it here in Colorado.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering how quickly the RNC is going to act, because if the NRCC has already recognized the change and is recognizing as I have, Eli Bremmer is the rightful chair of the Republican Party in Colorado, they need to do it like today, right, it needs to happen sooner rather than later. The writing is on the wall. Dave Williams is on his way out. I don't care how hard his little fingernails dig in. He's on his way out. He will not be saved by some asinine meeting under a bridge, or you know, any other meeting called. He's just we have to move beyond this. And I'm excited to see. I'm following Eli Bremmer on X and he's already calling candidates, he's already calling donors. He's already doing the things that Dave Williams never did.
Speaker 2: He might have said this to you, and I know he just said it to Dan Caplis, my cohort over there on KHW, that he had reached out to say Jeff Hurt, the third professional candidate in a very difficult race against Adam.
Speaker 3: Fish, a very well funded opponent.
Speaker 2: And Eli said, when he reached out to Jeff Heerd, that's the first time that the state Party had reached out.
Speaker 3: Because the state Party under Dave Williams.
Speaker 2: Endorsed Ron Hanks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, the Ron Hanks, Tina Peters part of this party needs to sit down and shut up, like just sit I'm thinking about doing a musical about.
Speaker 2: Teas I should I do you imagine?
Speaker 3: I think that with Ai, I could write some big numbers, like you know, like where.
Speaker 1: She compares herself to Jesus. I mean, I think Tina Peters the musical has legs. Yeah, So working on the book now and then I'll get to the score. I will definitely gets to help me. Well, there was heard in the third at rhymes.
Speaker 2: Then Gabe Evans, this is the one that really sets me off. Here is this young, accomplished, just a stellar candidate in the eighth Congressional a winnable district that Barb Kirkmeyer very narrowly lost to Yudirik Caravel last time around, the first time that this district has been in place since we expanded after the census. And rather than the the Republican Party, here Dave Williams the leadership getting behind a solid Conservative and Gabe Williams, a guy who's a military veteran oversees, who's a police veteran as well, who has served in our General Assembly, has all this experience. Sharp guy comes and he endorsed his opponent.
Speaker 1: I saw Janet Josie at the World County Women's rumble and uh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, no, no, the broader point and this is where I think everything turned for me because I'm okay, I'm kind of keeping tabs up this. I tried to do the Michael Corleone thing, right. I don't want to overreact. I don't want to study Corleone. I don't want to come in guns blast and I'm waiting. Then Lauren Bobert came out with a statement, and that's when I want. Okay. So I'm hopefully going to have some conversations with Lauren about this and in the near future.
Speaker 1: I understand she's already talking to Eli Bremmer and those conversations.
Speaker 2: If Lauren Bobert, who is, in my opinion, the most prominent member of our party in this state right now, because Doug Lambourne's all the way out right, if she throws her support behind Eli, that's it. It's it, It's over. But what Dave Williams at that point, what are you doing? What are you doing? Lauren Bolbert? Even who Dave Williams did endorse, I think that was a matter of convenience. But you know, if Lauren Bolbert is not on his side, you know who that matters is that's what I I've.
Speaker 3: Known you have left Sholing.
Speaker 1: You can listen to a show right after this one on six thirty kids. Thanks for having me, No, I appreciate the insight because I think that's where we're headed. The RNC has to recognize just like you, leadership and just move on.
Speaker 3: Time to move on, people,