Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 2: News need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running as fast as you can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming. Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you solve your problems, answer questions, take complaints as I've been doing for forty five years. Here and uh, back at the studio, Major March Mark Major and uh, guests, we got a full house, brother, Mark, I'm sorry I didn't get that Selty you do you have a way to get on.
Speaker 2: You're gonna are you gonna be able to get on video? No, sir? We gotta get that camera back here. Yeah, I will. I'll do that today.
Speaker 4: So, uh anyway, introduced who we have Mark, Well, we got Deputy Dollar.
Speaker 5: He actually brought a friend of his. I'm assuming it's your girlfriend, but I don't know. What do we have your Deputy Dollar? Please introduce who this is.
Speaker 6: This is Susan.
Speaker 2: This is Susan and she's a great friend of mine.
Speaker 5: We've met her lot since I know. She's a very nice person. And then Choppers here in town.
Speaker 2: And Susan's a real estate attorney, isn't she? Yeah, she is, she's big time.
Speaker 5: She is a big time And then we have of course Choppers in and then Mitch Filaria, who I need to thank personally for the best looking master bathroom. Maybe that's not politically correct, but I still refer to it as that that I've ever seen. He came out and redid our bathroom. Tom it is absolutely beautiful. Make Suzanne happy. And you know how what they say, happy wife, happy life.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: Shannon's on the other side of the glass. And Suzanne of course answering the phones today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have a full house. And again I apologize for the video. That's my fault.
Speaker 2: I don't have that.
Speaker 4: I didn't have that camera set up anyway. So welcome people, and you can call or text us at any time. We'll have the audio open to the studio the whole time, and I'll throw up a picture, even though Mark doesn't like it of him anyway, anyway, So give us a call. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: While I have mentioned how Mitch at the Art of granted we talk about you guys a lot man, So is it too late to get countertops? It is too late for it has to be too late for Thanksgiving, right.
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir by the way, then showed me the pictures of the of the completed bedroom project and looks very nice. I don't think it's too late. We still have openings before Thanksgiving. Remember, it just takes the week from from measuring. So if you if you put your order in the next week or wee can half, we can still get it done before the holidays.
Speaker 5: It's quick, man, he came out, he measured, does the template? I actually watched his guys do the template for the first time. It's pretty interesting to watch and how how perfect it is. When they actually bring the stone back, You're like, how can they get it that perfect? But it is quick as hell. Man, you template it and then a week later the install. I mean it was quick.
Speaker 2: Yes, when you when you template, oh, I match?
Speaker 4: Do you use cardboard or what what do you do to get the shape?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, I often wondered. I often wondered that.
Speaker 8: By the way, No, we use some plastic sheets and we use the hot glue gun for that and that that allows us to get very close to the walls and eliminate any gaps and always get the correct overhangs.
Speaker 1: And uh uh yeah.
Speaker 8: Usually Chris comes out and he'll explain the process while he does that.
Speaker 1: The measuring.
Speaker 2: The other thing that was crazy.
Speaker 5: We went to his yard and Suzanne didn't see exactly what she wanted there, so he sent us over.
Speaker 2: What was that place you sent us over to You had a wholesale account?
Speaker 8: We used, Yes, you want one of the local supplies. There's about four or five.
Speaker 2: It was massive time.
Speaker 1: I have lots of options.
Speaker 2: It was like walking.
Speaker 5: Into a football field of granite and courts and any hard service you can imagine. You walk up and down, then you pick it out and you literally buy it at a wholesale price on Mitch's account, so you pay the exact same thing he pays for the stone.
Speaker 2: He doesn't mark it up at all. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: I wanted to ask a question. That's you know, I think I know, But is granite when you take the stone and you polish it to get that shiny look or the leathered look or whatever look you get, does that have to be sealed when you put it in a kitchen or bath or is it porous?
Speaker 2: Is there a sealant on it?
Speaker 8: The natural stonies some of them more pores than others. Therefore it should be sealed, and the crew does soually.
Speaker 4: So Actually, if it's not sealed, can you actually start getting water spots and absorption of water or color or minerals or stuff you do?
Speaker 8: So, what happens is if you if you spill a water, they will eventually evaporate and it won't stain. But if you spill a dark, dark liquid like a coffee or you know, soda or something, that that pigment gets stuck in a stone and leaves a stain behind, and that's very difficult or something.
Speaker 2: Only if it's not sealed. Only if it's not sealed. Yes, Now, how long does that cealant?
Speaker 4: I've often wondered this mitch because I've noticed a few off colorations in my other house there where it's not a shiny surface. But I assume it was sealed at one time. How long does that sealant last?
Speaker 8: Well, a lot longer than before beers Ago seiler used to last six months or an ear, and you'd have to redo it over again. The seilers now days are obviously better quality and they would last many, many years. Some would say lifetime, but we recommend resealing every five to ten years, especially around the sinks where it gets more and more traffic in use.
Speaker 5: Five to ten years, that's incredible. So our stuff's good five to ten years you just put in.
Speaker 8: So you got courts in the bathrooms, Engineer stone court.
Speaker 2: Does that have to be sealed too?
Speaker 8: No, that is non purse. That's purse. That's one of the main advantages.
Speaker 2: So I don't get a mess with it.
Speaker 1: You don't you don't need to seal it.
Speaker 8: Yes, you will not stay and whether it will not will not penetrate it or any liquids. And that's one of the advantages of sealers. Now, remember, besides the natural besides the local suppliers where mark you went, we also have all the all the court samples several hundreds there and all the natural slabs of our yard.
Speaker 1: OK.
Speaker 8: So I invite customers to stop by as well the showroom and then if you don't find your your stone there, we can we can guide you. You can go to the supplier and pick up your you know, your specific labs. And yes, we don't op charge material they cost whatever they costed.
Speaker 1: We had labor, and that's that's what the what the project price is.
Speaker 5: What do you do with like we probably had We had to have two massive slabs, they were huge. What do you do because I know there's at least a quarter of one, if not a half of one of those slabs left.
Speaker 2: I don't want it. What do you guys do with that?
Speaker 8: Well, if you have an additional bathroom, or if you want us to.
Speaker 2: Cut a tabletop or or a window.
Speaker 5: Seal or yeah, but we don't want any of that, so it just do you sell that? Research gives it away, he gives it away.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so we so customers can stop buy and select from uh you know, from all the remnants we have and if that feeds their their project, like a like a bathroom or even a small kitchen, and they can have it and we uh we just charge labor for it.
Speaker 2: Just the fabrication. Don't pay for it.
Speaker 4: That's incredible exactly, and even the tear out halloways for you. So so I've said that before. You know, you get wholesale on materials, but if you get something from the from the remnant yard, it's basically uh for free of charge.
Speaker 5: And I want to ask you something a little outside of granted, when did you come to this country?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Two thousand and three, twenty one?
Speaker 2: You're from where? I mean, I know the answer right now.
Speaker 6: I'm from Romania?
Speaker 5: And what growing up in Romania? I mean, at what point did you say, hey, I want to come to the US? I mean, is that something when you're born there? The average person, they want to get here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So everybody knows of the American dream, even if they're outside of America, and everybody looks up to America and and and you know a lot of people want to come out here and see how it is, and and if they like it, then you know a lot of them want to, uh want to migrate here and and start a life and a family. And that's that's exactly what I did. I was I was twenty three, I was in college and and uh I applied and got a visa and and and I came out here.
Speaker 1: I worked for several months. I liked it.
Speaker 2: And you didn't sneak over the border.
Speaker 1: Did not steak okay, you know.
Speaker 2: Sir, Okay.
Speaker 4: Bottom line is if you have a problem, question or complaint, we want to take the call three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five and we have a lot to talk about today.
Speaker 2: This hour brought to you by Waterpros.
Speaker 4: Dot net for the best water systems, the lowest prices.
Speaker 2: I say it, and I truly mean it.
Speaker 4: You're never going to touch the price for both water softener and at your kitchen sink triple filter reverse osmosis, both systems for just thirty one ninety five. And I promise you plumbers will not be less than twelve grand for these systems. Similar SIMP systems, but not as good. Waterpros dot three oh three eight six two five, five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two, Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. You can text me at five seven seven three nine. That's the iHeart short code, or anytime twenty four to seven you can text me at my private Google number goes right to my cell phone, and that is both for the show or for Wave eight Wealth Management. You can text me directly for questions on your investments, and that is seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty All right, So, uh, I had instructions from the wife, from your wife, do not use that picture of Mark.
Speaker 2: So I didn't, So I got a new one.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna pull up so when Mark's talking until we get the video up and running in the studio.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: You like that better, suits, You'll see it in a few seconds on YouTube three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Bob's got a question on mortgages. Hello, Bob, and welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martinez.
Speaker 2: What's going on, Bob?
Speaker 10: Tom? Mike newly mentioned son Ala owns a house with his brother. He watched the buy his brother and Al they got married, talked to the bank, went on their honeymoon and they expected to be every bank, everything beyond the door. They got back to the bank told them that you talked your mother off the mortgage and that you're awaie, you need to rEFInd you.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me get it straight now, Bob.
Speaker 4: The current mortgage is he and his brother, and he wants to make it he and his wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you got to refight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't substitute lenders, but I mean borrowers. What you have to do is get them qualified and or or not. If he qualifies alone, if he needed that other guy for the qualification, then the Newland borrower has to get qualified. But yeah, you would. What is their interest rate right now?
Speaker 10: All it's real low.
Speaker 11: It's like a three D tom.
Speaker 5: I just thought of something though, because it was two brothers or whatever.
Speaker 2: He just said.
Speaker 5: I can barely hear you, by the way, guy, But I wonder if it is tenants in common, you would assume a married couple. But maybe, just maybe he does have the ability just to sell half that house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but hold on, duan sale comes in with the mortgage. But but I'm wondering, do you know how it's held, Bob? How the son in law is holding that home as far is the brother on the title, hes the brothers.
Speaker 10: On the title and the mortgage joint tenancy. We couldn't he just drop his father?
Speaker 2: No he can't.
Speaker 4: Well, he can drop his brother if they both agree, they can drop him off the deed and quit claim it to he and his wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the bank's still going to be owed. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is though, if the house is collateralizing the loan, the brother may not care unless the brother needs his qualification or he needs to be off the loan. So is the brother willing to quit claim his interest to the home and stay on the loan, or does he need to get off the loan for other reasons.
Speaker 10: He wants to get off the loan because he got married a couple of years ago and him and his wife purchased a condo, So that's cleaner.
Speaker 4: I get it. That's cleaner. Then he's gonna have to refly. There's no there's really no way around.
Speaker 5: Can name simply not qualify on the REFI? Or they don't want to get out.
Speaker 4: Of a well, they don't want to get out of their low rate mark, They don't want to get out of that low rate man.
Speaker 5: Well, then you go with someone like Ideal. It's got a rate guarantee and they'll refire for free.
Speaker 4: That's true now Ideal Home Loans three three eight sixty seven seven thousand, Ideal home loans dot Com. What they will do is refy him. And when rates go down, even by three quarters of a percent or more, they refy you free of charge. So you can keep ratcheting down if you want, if the rates go down.
Speaker 2: But you're not going to just start out low. You're just not going.
Speaker 10: To Yeah, I know, it's just kind of a quandaryform because of the brother that he has the condo. They just had a baby, they want to get a bigger condo. He wants to keep a person on the rental. Wow, it's all these tech.
Speaker 9: People with money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, you know, listen, it really is good that you're talking about this because there's two situations that are really bad. Being on a title and not on the loan, and being on the loan and not on the title, and both of that would happen if you did the transferring.
Speaker 5: With quick claims well and the person quit claiming, it would no offense to whoever it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, how ironic would that be? You own nothing, but.
Speaker 5: You have to you're the collateral for the deck. Get the hell out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, the house is first collateral, but then you would be second.
Speaker 2: You would be second collateral.
Speaker 4: Plus it ties up your eligibility for other loans. That's the real rub as well. But he's gonna have to do that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know why they wouldn't substitute.
Speaker 2: Did they that?
Speaker 4: Because they don't like having the low interests out there?
Speaker 2: Who's the lender?
Speaker 10: I don't know who the lender is. I was just you have told me the situation, and I knew you guys would.
Speaker 2: Be I'm just wondering if they approached the lender.
Speaker 4: And ask, did they actually ask, can we substitute borrowers if the borrower qualified?
Speaker 2: I've never heard of that ever happening.
Speaker 4: Well, actually, i've heard of it happening in the old days. I don't think it'll happen now because there are no assumptions, but I'm one if they would do it.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying they have to if she couldn't qualify. Do you think she could qualify now to buy that house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, could.
Speaker 4: We ask Brent Ivans and can we try to get him on the air and just.
Speaker 2: Let's just ask him a question real quick and see. Okay, Richard, what if I was.
Speaker 5: A lender, the first thing I would think if you called me up and said, hey, can we swap The first thing I would think is absolutely no, and I'd hang up on you. But then if I actually thought about it, I would think that you guys were planning something. In other words, you were trying to put me on the hook for something. I can't imagine a lender ever doing it.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the only time I can see a lender doing it. No matter what. When they placed that loan, they're making money on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, if they think they're going to refly with them, then they would want them to refly at a higher rate and make more money, but or or make a new loan. But if they know they're going to lose the business, what you know, I would want to keep it, even if I'm not making as much as I can on current rates.
Speaker 2: Well, just think of the points and the closing cost on it.
Speaker 5: I mean, even if they did swap them out, just the paperwork and stuff could cost thousands of dollars to get done. It would be almost like it would be closing again. The interest rate would go up. It would be a no loan. I've never heard of someone just going we'll take Mark off and put Tom on that loan.
Speaker 2: No problem.
Speaker 4: Well, like I said, in the old days, they did it all the time. I don't know if they would do it now. What I was at. What I was saying is try it. See what they say about it. You know, I don't know. I yeah, we'll see what Bred's said. The worst they can say is no, right, all right, we put a message into ideal. We'll try to get an answer for you. Keep listening, okay, and we'll just ask the question. Three oh three seven one three tonks seven one three eight two five five Frank durand the Realists date Man is available to do market valuations for your home for the asking. So if you want to know what your house is worth, or what it will self for, what you will net, what you can buy any of this information before listing, Frank will gladly do it with no obligation.
Speaker 2: And it's an in depth review.
Speaker 4: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Frankedrande real Estateman dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estateman dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, you're a troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk to you about problems, questions and complaints. Now, Richard wants to talk about a trash service. Go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Bridge?
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's that's right.
Speaker 6: How are you, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good man? What's happening? Good good?
Speaker 12: I'd like to talk to you about my trash company is called Waste Connections of Colorado. I called him last week and canceled my service and the guy was really good about it. No problems there. He canceled my services of November.
Speaker 6: First.
Speaker 12: He asked me why I was canceling, and I said, I was going to be going a different route, I mean a different company. Yeah, he said, no problem. He said there is a thirty two dollars cancelation fee.
Speaker 2: Did you ever I agree to that?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 12: Well, that's why I asked to him. I said, well, wait a minute. I said, to start with a monthly trash service is only thirty four dollars in change, and you want to charge me thirty two dollars to cancel. I've been with you for many, many, many years.
Speaker 11: I told him.
Speaker 12: I said, send me a copy that I agreed to.
Speaker 4: URMs like exactly, that's exactly right, yeah, and he and his answer was, well, we don't keep records that far back.
Speaker 2: Well, then don't worry about practice. Tell him the pound sand.
Speaker 6: That was my thought, you know.
Speaker 12: So he says, well, we'll be sending you a bill, and I said, well you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good, and don't pay it exactly, And don't pay it and when he comes after you, you'd say, where where's the Where did I agree to it?
Speaker 2: They'd never come after him because they have nothing exactly.
Speaker 13: That was my thoughts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it, man, They're not going to take you over to court when they have nothing for.
Speaker 2: Thirty two bucks.
Speaker 5: And if they put it on your credit, they're opening up a real, a real problem for themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: People just do that kind of crap automatically.
Speaker 2: It's just crap.
Speaker 5: You know what you should do is send them a bill, just make something up, send them a bill for being jerks thirty five bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you say, hey.
Speaker 12: Boy, I want a consideration of of of dealing with your with your thirty two dollars.
Speaker 4: You know, but I love the way companies try. I love the way companies try to do this crap.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 4: It's just so amazing to me. Well, listen, just do you know that's what I would do, Richard? Thank you for calling three or three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Now John is wants to talk about buying a house from a trust.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, John, how are you doing, sir good Man? Now? Is this a trust? An irrevocable or evocable trust?
Speaker 4: And it's before or after death of the of the originator?
Speaker 11: After death, so I guess it's irrevocable.
Speaker 4: Now well, yeah, okay, so the guy died or the woman died? The houses in the trust? Are there other assets in the trust?
Speaker 10: Just a couple of bank accounts right now?
Speaker 11: And the house which is in And who.
Speaker 4: Are the beneficiaries? Who are the beneficiaries of the trust.
Speaker 11: You'll be myself and five of my siblings.
Speaker 4: They are the beneficiaries named in the will and the trust right or in one or the Okay, now who is the trustee?
Speaker 11: That's me?
Speaker 4: Okay, now you can now, now you can. Normally, anything in the trust is equally owned by the beneficiaries unless otherwise named and otherwise apportioned. So if it is owned by all of you, you simply can buy it with their approval.
Speaker 11: Okay, So I need to do it. I understand that I have my brothers and sisters on board with the purchase price. Yes, do I need to do a quick claim deed?
Speaker 2: Or no? No? No, no, no quit claim?
Speaker 4: See quick claim deeds are so misunderstood they should almost never be used. Okay, But but what you do is you literally buy it from the trust for a predesignated price that you all agree on, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Then it becomes yours now as far.
Speaker 4: As the basis goes, the trust in the trust has a stepped up basis at death, so that basis is what it was it was.
Speaker 2: At the time of death.
Speaker 4: So if you purchase it for that amount you will have you will have hardly any gain of your reseller. Are you going to keep it to live in or are you going to sell it again?
Speaker 2: What are you going to do?
Speaker 11: No, I'll keep it to live in. I'll sell the house I'm presently presently living in, Okay, and then pay my siblings from those proceeds.
Speaker 2: Okay. And you're you're you arrived at a price right.
Speaker 4: And it's not artificially low okay, okay, because.
Speaker 11: You know it's low knowing the problem. It's low knowing the problems of the house, such as you know what needs to be reach Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if if it's if it's substantially okay, you inherited the present day value. But if sometimes of people, if it suddenly went up in price and people purposely sell it for less uh to a sibling to get so there's no capital gains to the trust, that could run a problem.
Speaker 2: But right now there's not going to be a problem with what you're doing. Now, you have to have a real closing and and really do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, you don't need you don't need a lot of complications, but you should have someone handle it for you. You can have a transaction broker actually handle it for you, like Frank Randa, the real estate man. He can act as a transaction broker. Or you can go to real estate attorney like ols Law O'Brien Legal Services, our real estate attorney in the studio, she's there. Let's I'm gonna tap you, Susan. You don't get to sit there for nothing. What do you think, Susan, we're talking correct, right, I mean as far as it's a real estate transaction, right.
Speaker 2: That's correct, that's correct.
Speaker 14: And I agree that they need a third party involved to help them work through.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And it can't be art it can't be artificially low to avoid taxes for the trust or for the right.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I think you're I think since you when.
Speaker 2: Did the uh when did the person die?
Speaker 11: Over a year ago?
Speaker 2: And okay, so there there.
Speaker 4: Might be some gain, but but you don't have to You don't necessarily have to pay exactly what the market value is. If you know of problems in the house, but you're going to probably have not much of a gain anyway, because it last year and this year, there's probably not that much difference in the value of the home and and the home because it was in a trust and it was passed on to the trust gets the new stepped up basis, so you know, get somebody.
Speaker 2: Who knows what they're doing, okay and that, but it's not that complicated at all.
Speaker 11: So for budgeting purposes, a couple thousand dollars or so for a translaction like that, I.
Speaker 2: Don't actually know, but now you know what.
Speaker 4: See in Colorado, real estate brokers have what's called a limited practice of law when it comes to transactional business regarding real estate. Okay, they're not lawyers, but they literally can advise you on certain transactions. So if you can find a real estate person like Frank Duran, if he wants to do it and feels comfortable.
Speaker 2: Then he can help you. A good title company can help you. They are all qualified to help you.
Speaker 4: However, if you want, there's nothing wrong with consulting a real estate attorney as well as in o LS law dot com.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could call and ask what will that cost?
Speaker 4: Do you think for me to buy an uncontested purchase from a trust, just ask for an estimate on how many hours would.
Speaker 2: It take and then you go the route you want.
Speaker 4: A transaction broker is going to charge a small commission. It's not the same as if you listed the house and an attorney's going to charge something. Your title fees will be the same no matter who you use. So that's what they're going to be a fixed amount, So just call and get some estimates. I've always believed that attorneys should be willing to give an estimate of their time and energy for a transaction. I mean, Susan, you don't find that an unusual question. When you were you were in private I don't know if you're not really in private practice right now, right.
Speaker 2: No, I'm actually retired and I wasn't.
Speaker 4: But if you were in private practice, did you used to give an estimate of what it might take?
Speaker 2: Yes? Absolutely. People need to know going in what their top line is. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So anyway, I wish you the best on that, John, but I think you're here on the right track and there's no controversy there, so you should be fine. Three h three seven one three, eight, two five five more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show and eight eight eight heating dot com speaking of checking your furnace before winter.
Speaker 2: They do a great job for forty five bucks.
Speaker 4: They're deep clean eight eight eight Heating dot Com and Garrett and his team are great people. They've been on a referraless more than twenty years eight eight eight heating dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're Shooter three or three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Michelle, you have a question for Mitch Florida the art of Granite.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Michelle, Hi.
Speaker 15: I live down south of Colorado, Springs and wasn't sure if Art of Granite service down this far or if he had a reference for someone in the spring.
Speaker 8: Mitch, Michelle, thank you for calling. Yes, we go quite far with our services. We just need to visit your house twice. We'll come out and make those final templates and then the crew comes back several days later and installs everything in one day. You can send us pictures or just sketch out a rough layout.
Speaker 1: If you have any questions on how to do.
Speaker 8: That, just just text me the photos of your kitchen and then I'll guide you on how to measure. We'll be able to provide you a price over the phone, and if that works out for you, we'll schedule that, uh, that template appointment.
Speaker 2: But yes, hey Mitch, is that your general number?
Speaker 6: One?
Speaker 2: You can text.
Speaker 8: Yes, my cell phone number three zero three three eight sixty five nine one nine.
Speaker 4: So that's the number we give out in your commercials every day.
Speaker 2: So you actually take the call.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, okay three or three three eight six fifty nine nineteen.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he gives he gives prices on the phone. Michelle.
Speaker 5: How far will you I mean she brought something up though, How far will you go either direction down the front range. Will you go to like Pueblo or where where do you draw that line?
Speaker 8: Oh, we don't like to go, you know a couple of times a week to Pueblo, but we will go. We just measured the project in Pagosa Springs. We went to the Black Hills in South Dakota before one.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 6: Four.
Speaker 8: That's usually for repeat customers, like we do a job for them in Denver Metro and then they have a second home or they move and they really want us to you know, be the call man to fabricate their kind of tops at their new location.
Speaker 1: That's that's how we.
Speaker 4: Travel from And as you said, match, if you know the job and you know what it's going to cost and you go twice, you can so you can p Dick. Do you ever have to go back a third time? Is there ever something that comes up?
Speaker 8: Sometimes if we install those high full backsplashes to the upper cabinets, will have to go you know, a second time for installation, but generally just just one time and we complete it in one day.
Speaker 1: And then Michelle for colors and products.
Speaker 8: We can you know, send you links or you can of course you welcome to visit here, but that's a far drive for you.
Speaker 4: Hey, Mitch, have you ever had another professional do the templating and send it to you or do you not not like that at all?
Speaker 2: No, we don't like that.
Speaker 8: Usually the rule of time we measure, we install. If you have a small project and you wish to, you know, provide your own measurements, you'd have to pick up that piece and install it yourself.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: By the way, I do have I do have a text here on my Google line and it says, just wanted to say that I know Mitch Florida, the whole family per personally. They are great people, genuine uh yeah, just good people. So anyway, even nicer in person than he sounds on the misunds like a plant.
Speaker 2: Well, did mitcha have him call in? What do you think? I don't know what that is?
Speaker 4: But now very much for this one guy also, And then when one guy said, why didn't couldn't those brothers get in assumbob alone? Well, there are no more assumable loans as I understand it, and they would have had to have one in place for that wife to be to be able to assume it. And what would have happened is the husband and wife would have purchased it from the brother.
Speaker 2: From the husband and brother.
Speaker 4: But that's why we're waiting for our mortgage experts to find out. I don't believe there are assumable loans any longer, and they're usually due on sale. Three oh three seven one three talkers and our number. We'll get right to all of your calls. Three oh three seven one three A two five five or three oh three Martino. That's three oh three six two seven eight four six six. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 16: Two Rittle advice so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Cam Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 17: Come man, this is.
Speaker 2: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martine, Hi Tom Martino. You're Troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven to one three.
Speaker 2: Eight two five five.
Speaker 4: What's on your mind? How can we help you? What is going on? Well, we are here and we have.
Speaker 2: A studio fullback at the studio we.
Speaker 4: Have Major Mark Major and and crew. We have two deputies there, Deputy Dollar I believe, Jeopardy choppers there, I believe. We also have guests in the studio Mitch Fluria from the Artifgranite dot com and also Susan who's there as a common woman. And if you are new to the show, we call people common man and common women woman, meaning they come into the studio from the great unwashed and they bask.
Speaker 2: In our radio glory.
Speaker 4: And so therefore we are going to you know, it's kind of tricky, you know, during COVID that went away, but we're trying to get more and more people back. And now we have Brent Ivanson Ideal Home Loans, and we talked about the interest rate guarantee and to someone else this morning. Then we had another question about loans. Now, Brent, I want to ask some general questions. First, thank you for being here. Are they Is there any such thing as an assumable loan anymore?
Speaker 18: You know some of your government products are assumable. It's difficult to get it done because of the discretion of the servicer. But yes, generally speaking, there are assumable loans, but it's really.
Speaker 9: Difficult to get done with you them.
Speaker 4: Okay, then if you let's say you had two brothers and they were on a home together, both the title and the loan. One of the brothers got married, and now he wants to buy the home, or not buy the home, but he wants to get his brother off of the get and I don't even know what they're doing about the monetary thing. But the brother wants to get off that loan and get off that title, and the other brother wants to stay on that loan and stay on that title, but add his wife.
Speaker 2: Do they ever do?
Speaker 4: Have you ever heard if someone does qualify and all other things being equal, would they ever would any lenders ever substitute borrowers?
Speaker 18: Well, I've not heard of anybody doing that where they would substitute the borrower, where the servicer would say, hey, we're going to take the brother off and put the wife on. I can tell you, you know, it's easy to add the wife to title just for legal purposes. And then right, if you can prove for a period of time that the remaining brother and the property is solely making the mortgage payment himself, that will absolve the other brother of that debt. Because you can prove somebody else's making that payment on that debt, you know, won't count against you and your qualifying in your own personal.
Speaker 2: Really, lenow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: However, though, if poop ever hit the fan, they could still go after that other brother.
Speaker 18: Yes, And so that's the tricky part of that, right is, if you're the brother moving out, you want to make absolutely certain, if you're going to keep your name on that loan, that the other party is going to make timely payments, because that will impact your credit if they down day it.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's great news, but basically for these guys, they're going to have to get.
Speaker 2: A new loan.
Speaker 18: Yeah, the cleanest way would be to refinance it, put the wife on the new loan with the remaining party, and then have the other party taken off the loans so they don't have that obligation counted against them.
Speaker 4: Brent, You're having a lot of people lately who have such low interest loans and they don't want to get out of them, but they have to even if they may have to move. They may have to I don't know, you don't get some equity out whatever, and they don't have a choice.
Speaker 2: And actually you don't have control over the rates.
Speaker 4: So the best you can do is that interest rate guarantee, which is least is something.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's one of the only ones in the industry I heard of. So how exactly does it work.
Speaker 18: The way it works is if rates go down in the future, you can take advantage of that lower rate by refinancing to that lower rate, and we won't charge you any lender fees. Additionally, with Evolve, which is another product we have, if you need to buy a second home, if you need to buy another home, if you need to set whatever it is, really.
Speaker 11: Think of it this way.
Speaker 18: Once you're a client with us, we have a number of products available that will allow you to do another loan in the future for whatever benefit without paying any lender fees.
Speaker 2: Wow. So once a customer, always a customer.
Speaker 18: Kind of customer for life, absolutely, and then.
Speaker 2: The free second opinions still, yeah.
Speaker 18: Yep, we'll absolutely take a look at that. You know, there's a lot of that going on right now. You have a lot of movement in the marketplace with what's going on with interest rates and speculation around the election and the bond market moving quickly. So certainly, if you are somebody who's in the process, or you are somebody who is talking to someone, give us the call. We're a direct lender. We have access to every product out there. We can give you a second opinion and tell you if what you're getting makes sense for it, maybe you could do a little better.
Speaker 4: All right, Now, I want to take Jared who has a question? Jared, and this might be up your alley, Brent, go ahead, Jared, Uh.
Speaker 19: Yeah, How you doing? Tom good Man? I have a seventy seventy year old mother in law who owns her house outright, and she's going through some health issues and wanted to talk. She was talking like rocket loans and doing this, and I said, no, just hold off a minute. Let me call Tom and see what.
Speaker 2: Jared, how much is her house worth.
Speaker 19: I'm guessing four fifty five hundred range.
Speaker 2: And how long has it been paid off?
Speaker 19: Probably eight years, six years something like.
Speaker 4: That, Okay, And so you want to know the best way for her to get money out of it?
Speaker 19: Yeah, because she's you know, doesn't have a lot of money, and like I said, she's going through some health issues, and I know Rock loans all those little advertisements you probably isn't the right thing for her.
Speaker 4: So well, here's the deal. Yeah, here's the deal, Brent. I want to ask you, Brent about this. You guys, you're familiar with the reverse loans? Is that apropos for this woman? I mean, go ahead, Brent.
Speaker 18: The minute we kind of started explaining the scenario, yes, I think, Look, you've got somebody who's on a limited income, who needs money for health issues, who needs cash flow. You know, a reverse mortgage probably is going to be the best decision for her, simply because she's not in a position where she wants to take how a loan, She's got to make payments on it. If she get to get access to some equity, If she get access to some liquidity, a reverse mortgage is probably likely the best scenario for her.
Speaker 2: How old is she?
Speaker 4: Did you say, Jared, she's seventy Okay, so she's probably going to be eligible, Brent, roughly forty percent.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I think somewhere in that that realm, you know, it's definitely. Look again, as you know, we've thought about this. The older you get, the more access you have. But again, if she's got a free and clear house, it's likely that she'll get be able to get more than she needs. Yeah, and curtail that baby.
Speaker 5: Or honestly, I'll throw this out there, she might think a downsizing.
Speaker 4: She probably she could probably get one hundred We're about maybe one hundred and eighty grand, and then that money would be she could take it in monthly payments. She can take a line of credit where she only uses it when she needs it, and then the interest to cruz. Here's the only downside to this, Okay, And there is a downside because of a cruise against equity. But she's not making payments it ause you're gonna have less that she leaves to you.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's my wife's mom.
Speaker 11: I don't expect that's my wife and hers deal.
Speaker 2: I'm not now. Now Here's another thing. And a lot of kids don't care.
Speaker 4: They'd rather that They rather that the the their in laws or their parents live better and take advantage of the hard earned equity or a praised equity whatever, or appreciated equity. Now Brent on a reverse loan. I mean, basically, what do you see other than you know, she has to be sixty two or older, she has to qualify at her cruise against. I mean, I don't see any big risk here, do you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 20: You know?
Speaker 18: And we're finding it's interesting that the wealth management sector out there, we are receiving more and more referrals from wealth management clients who are directing their clients towards this vehicle because it makes much more sense than liquidating investments and paying taxes on that. It's just if you've got a home that's free and clear, you have this gigantic asset that's got cash tied up in it that if you need that cash oftentimes or reverse mortgage is the best way to access that cash. And you can get it in a lump sum, you can get it on a monthly payment. There's a number of different ways we can structure. It just depends on what's going.
Speaker 6: To work best for the individual.
Speaker 4: And I can have recall you guys, Yeah, I was going to ask that Brent, you do it you you can do reverses.
Speaker 18: Right, yeah, absolutely, yeah, we do.
Speaker 2: See. That's wonderful, it really is.
Speaker 4: I mean the fact that idea because we've known Ideal for years and that's another home loans Yeah at three zero three Okay, eight eighty six seven seven thousand.
Speaker 19: Yep, Okay, Hey, I'm gonna let her know to call Ideal Home Loans in your guys information for sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, Brent, thank you very much for being here. At three oh three eight six seven seven thousand is Ideal home Loans dot com.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 4: By the way, we have so many experts to help with all kinds of issues like this. I love when we can find solutions. Again, there's not one thing that's fit for everyone. That's the whole idea of course. And by the way, speaking of everything we're speaking about, Dan McKenzie is an estate planning attorney and if you ever need advice before you buy a house with a brother or a sister, or before you embark on something like this, Dan McKenzie helps with all of those kinds of decisions when it comes to estate planning and how to manipulate your estate for the best interests of your heirs and for you as you grow older. Dan McKenzie McKenzie Law, and he's been with us for a while now and people love the way he does business. He's it's a small firm, meaning personalized attention. Right here in Denver eight three three COEO Plans eight three three COO Plans Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excelroofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three out three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talk seven one three.
Speaker 2: Eight two five five. Julie.
Speaker 4: We have an update with Julie and uh Chopper. Handle this go ahead, Julie, Hi Chopper.
Speaker 21: Hi Tom, We met yesterday with Elevator g Remodeling and we did come to an agreement to pay nine thousand dollars to me. I rewrote the contract. I have sent it this morning to him at I think it was seven forty eight. I still don't have acknowledgment that he received it. And it has been a problem with can inndication in the past. But anyway, during the course of the conversation, when we were bantering back and forth.
Speaker 7: He said that our government.
Speaker 21: Makes him hire illegals, makes him that just Mark.
Speaker 10: Uh huh?
Speaker 21: They they demand Mark.
Speaker 5: What do you think I didn't I don't even understand what she say? And say that again, who makes who hired?
Speaker 2: Government does?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 5: Okay, you're supposed to. Okay, what do you want me to say? I don't know what does he mean. I have no clue what he means.
Speaker 2: It sounds not what I'm asking. What does he mean? I'm asking the caller, what does he what do you mean?
Speaker 21: I'm not sure what he means because we were talking about why he put illllegal people on my job when he tells me that he has an expert.
Speaker 5: Okay, can I get let me just get real for a second. What do you care? I mean, honestly, do you care if they were illegal or not? I mean, wouldn't you care more about is a job done right or what?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 10: The job wasn't okay, that's.
Speaker 5: Fair enough, So why are we bringing this part into it? It just seems like I don't know rhetoric because that's.
Speaker 21: Part of the inconsistency and what he has said and what he has done.
Speaker 5: Have we talked to this guy? Yes, I did, Mark, And what does this guy got to say? What does that illegal part have to do with any of his chopper?
Speaker 22: He never mentioned that to me, And the only thing I could think of it might be like government contracts where they had minority yeah something, But.
Speaker 2: Once again, who cares?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 2: But what's this guy saying right now? The job wasn't done right? He acknowledged it. He was actually a decent.
Speaker 6: Guy, so's Julie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they I put him together.
Speaker 22: They came up with a fair amount, and I think it's basically.
Speaker 2: Over if Paser all right, when are you supposed to get to check? You want us to call over right now and see where you're going to get it.
Speaker 7: I would love to.
Speaker 2: Let's do that, Chopper. Can you call him right now? No, I'll get a hold of Walter. Let's do that.
Speaker 5: Hold on a seconds, No, literally, try to call him right now. Let's try to get her update as we go, and what's going on, Sage, Sage, what's happening with you?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 23: So I was told to maybe try to get a hold of the guys from an attorney that I had spoken to.
Speaker 2: Uh, oh, what's going on?
Speaker 23: Well, my car I got into an accident in twenty twenty two, and I had in twenty twenty three taken my car to this mechanic shop in Loveland for the accident was all cosmetic damage. It was literally just a sideswipe on the side of my door. And so they had given me an estimate. And when I had asked them for my vehicle back because I had been driving it around and I had just taken it to get an inspection the day before I brought it there, so I knew it was safe, they were trying to fear monger me and tell me, oh, your vehicle's not road safe.
Speaker 17: You can't drive it off the lot.
Speaker 5: And I was like, wow, there is certain there is there is some truth to that stage under certain cases.
Speaker 2: For example, I owned shops forever.
Speaker 5: If someone's breaks were completely there is no way I could let them drive off. Now they could get a tow truck to pick it up. But if they left in a condition where they could get into an accident or kill somebody, or even kill themselves, I could be held libel big time. But so what are they sayings wrong with the vehicle? And is it still there right now?
Speaker 23: My vehicle has been there for about a year now.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wait a minute, what's it? Wait? Wait? Wait wait wait, So a year ago you get side swiped? Is that correct?
Speaker 23: Two years ago? I got sidewipe and I brought my vehicle to them in twenty twenty three when I moved to Colorado.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, why are you calling in twenty twenty four. Why didn't you call in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 23: Because I was trying to work it out with them?
Speaker 5: So what do they want right now in order for you to get your vehicle back?
Speaker 23: Okay?
Speaker 2: Want payment? How much do you owe them?
Speaker 23: I don't know them anything, because according to them, they didn't actually do work on my vehicle and I signed.
Speaker 5: Why why are they saying you owe them? Is it storage fees? I mean, pretend put their hat on.
Speaker 23: They're trying to say storage fee.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the place.
Speaker 23: It's called Iron Mountain Collision and listen, I signed a contract saying I'll sign zero or I will pay zero dollars in storage fees. And I also looked up the Colorado Motor Vehicle's Repair Act. They're not allowed to charge me storage until four days after they've done finished all of the work on a vehicle. They've done no work on that.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you're correct on that or not, but that but that that really doesn't matter because what we're going to do is try to call them up. Suzanne's going to try to get them to come on the air and explain their side of the story. But before we do that, over the break, what do you think they're going to tell us? Are they going to tell us that you didn't want the work to be done? And how does this all tie back into saying your vehicle's not safe?
Speaker 2: What was that? Did she hang up or did we accidentally do that?
Speaker 8: That was her?
Speaker 5: Let's give her give her a call back. I mean, maybe she didn't want us to call.
Speaker 2: That won't work. I don't have her number.
Speaker 5: Well, if she there, she is, I bet that's her right there. Let's take a break. And if that is is that her Susanne, Let's try to get the phone number over to that body shop and see what the hell's going on over there.
Speaker 2: Everybody, hold tight, go.
Speaker 4: With a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 4: Contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, So let's talk about your problems, questions and complaints.
Speaker 2: And we have, but we got two things we got to go ahead? All right, go ahead.
Speaker 5: So Julie called up. She's afraid this guy's not gonna pay back. But to recap real quick Chopper, this contractor didn't do a great job.
Speaker 2: He agreed to give her some money back. That's correct. How much did he agree to give back roughly.
Speaker 22: I think they agreed on nine thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: And he hasn't given it back yet.
Speaker 22: No, he just opened up her letter and he promised me, gave me his word that he will.
Speaker 5: Yes, and you talk to him over the break, And when do you think he's going to pay her?
Speaker 2: Did he have any answer to that?
Speaker 22: She had the dates on it. I think it's ones now and one's like in thirty days.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, if one is now, let's pull her up, Julie. When is the first day he's supposed to give you?
Speaker 2: What half five thousand is? What is that date? Is it today? What date?
Speaker 7: Sign?
Speaker 21: The date that the contract is signed? It was sent over to him this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he hasn't signed it yet. No, he has not.
Speaker 5: Well, he just talked Chopper just talked to him. The guy says he's gonna pay you. Why don't you call back in tomorrow if he hasn't reached out to you and he hasn't signed the agreement or he hasn't given you half, and we'll keep bugging this guy. But it sounds like, according to Chopper, Chopper really thinks the guy's gonna pay you. Okay, great, and if he doesn't, well we'll just make his life a little harder.
Speaker 4: So holdly, I just don't understand the part. I know you don't want to talk about it. But what did she mean that the government made him higher?
Speaker 5: He said that to her? So I mean we're here in the third person. I have no idea. Like Chopper said, it could be something. I have no idea what it could be.
Speaker 2: Who cares.
Speaker 6: I didn't go into it with him.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know, I mean I agree it's somewhat interesting, But what the hell now? Sage, listen to this one, Tom, Yeah, her car has been at this place. She got sideswipe, brought it into a body shop, iron something. I'll pull it up in a second. But in twenty twenty two. Her car is been there since twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three, twenty three, and they want a charger for storage.
Speaker 2: So of course, hey, how much is this? Well why was it there for that long?
Speaker 5: Well she says they haven't done any work on it whatsoever. That's kind of where we left off on it. But Sage, how much are they saying you are owed?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 23: So I've heard different stories. I don't think they even know how much I really owe them. I've heard thirty thousand. I've heard fifty thousand.
Speaker 4: Well, sage, let me let me ask this, why did you take it there?
Speaker 2: To begin with?
Speaker 23: So, my car is a foreign car, and I called around to a whole bunch of.
Speaker 2: Us what kind of car that is? What kind of car?
Speaker 23: Well, it's a Alpha Romeo Celvio.
Speaker 2: Oh I love those.
Speaker 4: They're terrible cars, but I love them so. So you took your Alpha Romeo there a couple of years ago.
Speaker 23: I took it, Yeah, in twenty twenty in August of twenty twenty three, and they've had my vehicle since then, refusing to give it back to me when I've even asked it back from them to drive it around until the part for the side of my vehicle comes in, because but you're.
Speaker 2: Willing to have them do the work, right.
Speaker 23: Not at this point they have been completely shady and giving false estimates, claiming they've done work outside of the estimate.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the shop.
Speaker 23: It's an Iron Mountain Collision in Loveland, and Sune.
Speaker 5: Left Susanne left a message for the GA Smeil there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So basically, how much do they want you don't know.
Speaker 23: They've told an officer thirty thousand, they've told me fifty thousand, they've said thirty six thousand, they've all OKAYO thousand, So I don't really know.
Speaker 4: Oh, come on, what the thirty It's been there since August of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 23: It's just I recorded my conversations with it.
Speaker 4: It's just over a year for goodness sakes, I mean, and the only way they could charge you for storage is if they disclosed it up front to begin with.
Speaker 23: Well, I have recording of the owner saying he's not charging the storage at all in my vehicle, no matter how long is there, and.
Speaker 4: You're telling me you cannot go over is it drivable?
Speaker 23: My vehicle's not on their property anymore. They took it off their vehicle and won't tell me where it is.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they sold it.
Speaker 23: Well, they can't because I still have the title and they haven't filed anything that was to take over the You know, have.
Speaker 2: You reported it to police?
Speaker 23: I tried, and they won't get involved because they're saying it's civil. I have the aucmentation of the officers saying that my vehicle is no longer on their property though so I don't know how they're charging the storage on a vehicle that's not on their property.
Speaker 4: Well, they could sort you know, they're going to say, they're going to say they had to.
Speaker 2: I really want to understand where they're coming from, and hopefully the GM calls back to Susanne. But what do you think you're going to say? I guess I get a little lost in this win. They're going to say that she never told them what to do. They had to get off the lot. They're paying for storage, and was insurance not? Was insurance not in this?
Speaker 23: My insurance isn't this? They offered to pay them fifteen thousand dollars They refused my insurance.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, your insurance offered to pay them fifteen for storage?
Speaker 23: Yes, just call just to get my vehicle back because they were trying to help me.
Speaker 4: What kind of insurance do you have for that State Farms. The only reason they would turn down fifteen grand is that they don't have the car and they don't know where it is. They sold it or somebody stole it.
Speaker 23: Well, I would drive by there and they had my vehicle on their lot until June of this year. In June, my vehicle stopp being.
Speaker 4: On their law.
Speaker 23: All of this happened in January of this year year. What all what the dispute of them refusing to release my vehicle to me or anything like? Everything that went down? It was January twenty fourth of this year.
Speaker 5: And that fifteen grand represents one year of storage at the maximum per day.
Speaker 2: Why why? Mark? Did you?
Speaker 5: I just did the math. Man, it's forty dollars in sixty five? Where'd Jay?
Speaker 2: Where'd you get the forty sixty five?
Speaker 5: It's just it's on the Public Utility Commission's website for you say, But.
Speaker 2: Don't they have to disclose it ahead of time?
Speaker 5: Mark, Well, I just looked up the amount. I'm sure they do have to disclose it at some point. But if she dropped it off there, I assume she signs something.
Speaker 23: I have a copy of the contract. I find the contact saying I'll be paying zero dollars in storage.
Speaker 20: For every day that is there.
Speaker 2: Then then I don't see.
Speaker 4: Then you need to get some kind of court injunction for them to produce that vehicle.
Speaker 23: You do, That's what I wanted to do. I was told to get a hold of you guys, maybe see if I can work something out with them before.
Speaker 2: I do have Okay, let's do that. That's what we're going to try.
Speaker 5: Okay, they have a call in to them. But it's just the whole thing is I just don't get it. They're either outright thieves or else. We're not hearing a different side of the story.
Speaker 23: They have a lot of similar complaints on the BBB.
Speaker 20: And got it.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't it be funny if it was forty four th Autos Body Shop Division?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right, forty fourth Auto used to do this all the time. Now, listen, what is the part that's so hard to get?
Speaker 23: What do you mean the part for my vehicle?
Speaker 4: You said that it's been there that long because you were waiting on a part.
Speaker 23: According to them, I was on a quote unquote national back order for my FIDE panel on my car. After speaking to Alpha Romeo, that's not that wasn't true. My vehicles five panel was never on a national back order, so that was just a reason for them to whistle my vehicle longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why didn't they want to just fix it and get paid? I don't know. That's the part that's making little sense.
Speaker 4: Did you tell them you didn't have the money or was your insurance jerking them around?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 23: I think originally they were trying to screw my insurance over and get my insurance to pay way more for the fixing of my vehicle than what.
Speaker 2: So there was a dispute going on for a while.
Speaker 23: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 2: Did you get involved in the dispute?
Speaker 23: Well, they ended up saying that if my insurance isn't willing to pay, it's on me.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's true.
Speaker 23: I've done any they haven't done any work on my vehicle. Email sent to me as well.
Speaker 4: So I'll tell you what, hang on and we'll call you back, or we'll see if we hear from these people. But we'll or we'll put some Should we put someone on it in case they don't call back?
Speaker 2: I think so, Tom, Yeah, okay, who should we get think we put on? Is Dmitri over your Yes, Dimitri, let's take this, bro.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is a terrible Okay, So I just send Sage's information to Dimitri. Deputy d Rand, you have an interesting question. Go ahead, Rand, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Yes, I have a cabin that I inherited from my parents and they were all the original owners.
Speaker 4: And did you inherit it by death, yes, okay, and uh it was it was not? Was it a beneficiary's deed or was.
Speaker 2: It a will?
Speaker 7: A will?
Speaker 2: Okay, keep going, Rand.
Speaker 7: My question is, uh, I'm going to list it for sale on next summer. It's from off gridge remote cabin with solar, and I want to know what the tax implications are with the proceeds I received from it, and whether or not it might even affect my Medicare payments.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, let me explain this to your brand.
Speaker 4: You inherited this off grid cabin, so whatever it was worth on the day you inherited it.
Speaker 2: That's your basis.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, Now you're going to have to figure out what that was.
Speaker 2: It could be. What do you think the value is at the time.
Speaker 4: They died or one of them died, or whoever left it to you?
Speaker 7: You know, possibly two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: That's very unusual for again, an off grid Is it a really really nice one?
Speaker 7: Well, it's on a nice piece of one. What did property right next to a national force? It's got a well steptic.
Speaker 2: Solar pro pain sounds nice? Where is it that sounds really nice?
Speaker 12: Where is it by fair play?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you inherited a grid cabin, but it has all utilities self contained basically, right, right, that's cool, self contained.
Speaker 2: How many square feet?
Speaker 7: I think it's probably eleven hundred square feets?
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's the deal.
Speaker 4: If you inherited that, and let's say it's two hundred and fifty, what do you think you'll sell it for.
Speaker 7: I'm hoping, you know, close to that amount, or possibly maybe two in the quarter.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, here's the deal.
Speaker 4: You're probably not going to have any kind of capital gains tax whatsoever, because I mean, you know, unless you make money on this, you're not going to have capital gains, and there's no exclusion because it's not your primary residence. So let's just say you sold it for two fifty. There's no capital gains. If that was the value, you have to get it valued at the time of death. Now, if it turns out you sold it for two sixty, you'd have a ten thousand dollars gain. If you sold it for more, you'd have more. Now as far as income, Okay, this gets tricky. You technically have a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars asset Okay, So it won't affect because it was an inheritance, it's not going to affect income for certain things, but it will affect your Medicare Part B.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're talking about your premium? Yes, I believe.
Speaker 4: And we have to check with someone, but I believe even though you inherited, at its basis it is two hundred and fifty thousand dollars you inherited, I believe they can count that for that year as income.
Speaker 2: I might be wrong.
Speaker 4: I don't know technically the nature of income, but I believe they can count it. I'm gonna check with one of my experts during the break and see if I can get somebody to come on the air. So hold on three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Genesis Total Exteriors align Siding, which is a lifetime siding. They have the dark colors that don't chip, fade, warp, and they're taking over.
Speaker 2: The siding industry.
Speaker 4: Genesistotalexteriors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to listen your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. John Jones Senior is on with Integrat Insurance. And by the way, John knows a lot about Part B Medicare and how it's affected by income. And he also checked with an expert as well.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 4: If you inherit something, of course it's a value. Is it considered income for Social Security or Medicare reasons?
Speaker 11: In this case?
Speaker 24: Tom, just couple of things. I just happen to be talking to our accountant when I heard his question. Sure, our accountant. And what the gentleman said when we were chatting with him is this can be based on courses. Man job when they figure out their Medicare Part B and it's a two year look back period.
Speaker 4: Now you're talking about adjusted gross income.
Speaker 24: Yeah, says a two year lookback period. So if he sells it this next year in twenty twenty five, when he goes to follow his account or his taxes, of course i'd be talking to the accountant. But since this is a one time if it happens to however they figure it. If it happens to increase his taxable income where he might have an increase on his Medicare part B freemium because of the sear charge, he can't appeal it since this one time and probably get that removed.
Speaker 4: But here's what I want to ask you, though, Here's what's tricky. What part of it would be considered income if he sells it.
Speaker 2: Is it the entire value or only the value.
Speaker 4: Above his basis because technically taxes would only be due on the amount above his basis.
Speaker 24: I would assume, and I'm on an account, come and maybe y'all would like to talk to or heat talk to an account I like you, I would assume that the income of both.
Speaker 6: His faith basis.
Speaker 4: That's what I would assume too. But again, you have to check your account. But no matter what, if it's a one time thing, there's a good chance you could get it removed and not in consideration. I'm Tom martinro We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Two ripped news. You need advice? Who you don't help?
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 16: Shooter's gonna help, coming man.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Now, Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: What's going on in your life? How can we help you?
Speaker 4: We're here to help you anyway we can three O three seven to one three talk are three oh three Martino? Okay, that three oh three Martino Works twenty four seven and this hour brought to you by Denver Regen dot com for pain relief and stem cell therapy and hair rejuvenation from stem cells. It's Denver Regen dot com. And they're really they really do work. I'm serious now, Okay. So Mitch Fleur is with us the Artigranite dot Com, and we're talking about he has a remnant yard where you can get free materials if in fact you can find a piece big enough. Are there pieces big enough in the remnant yard free materials and all you pay for is the fabrication that he does for it.
Speaker 2: Or the templeting Mitch. Somebody wants to know.
Speaker 4: Do you have pieces big enough to do like counters and islands or are they mainly smaller for art no oaks and windowsills and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of species.
Speaker 8: Some of them are house slubs, three cords of slubs, lockingough for islands and even small kitchens or you know, basement kitchen nets or larger bedrooms.
Speaker 4: We do, yes, okay, and again that's the Artigranite dot Com.
Speaker 2: We'll be talking to Mitch.
Speaker 4: If you have any questions, you can call us. I want to take Larry real quick. He has some kudos and he's been waiting a while. Larry, you wanted to give kudos to one of our people, petty details at referralss dot com. What did And they're the ones that value cars that have been totaled or cars for any reason, but mainly people calling to make sure they're getting a fair settlement.
Speaker 2: What happened? He hung up? Tom. I'm sorry about that, Okay, no problem.
Speaker 4: He just wanted to say they did a great job. We get a lot of good kudos about them. So let's go back to Tim. He wants he wants to talk about small claims. Go ahead, Tim, Tim?
Speaker 2: Hi, Tim? What's happening?
Speaker 17: Hello?
Speaker 9: How you going?
Speaker 2: What can we do for you?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 9: I'm just calling because I'm trying to see if this situation would be something out who be something that I could take the small plans court. So back in March, there's these things where they're called thrills, which are gold teas. They're like shan't carrot worth caring and they're just caps that go over your.
Speaker 10: Team right right?
Speaker 2: I know what they are?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So in March, did you buy him?
Speaker 9: In March? My son's bottom there the tops and the bottoms, which was twelve twelve teeth. The guy had a deal going on where he was only fifty dollars of two through whatever, so it came to like six hundred dollars. At that same time I gave him. I had an older grille already because from the same time I already purchased two cents of twelve teeth. The first ones I lost, so I went through him again and got another twelve. Then I got him and stuff. But then I got like this white gold dust on the front of him. Then there's spots that were like seed through. So I told him if he could get another layer put on, so he said yes that he could, And since I went through him, then there's no feet for that or eighty sea. So anyway, so he had mike grille plus my son's grill. My son did half one at the time. He wanted to get it made. So the guy over with the mold and all that did it right down at my house and stuff, and then we paid him the money. So this is back in March.
Speaker 2: And this is how much did you How much did you pay?
Speaker 11: Originally for mine?
Speaker 9: I paid eleven my son paid six hundred, but he never.
Speaker 4: Here's what I need to know, Tim. In March, you paid up front for grills and and right you you were getting new ones.
Speaker 2: Right, I'll just get in.
Speaker 9: Mine layer on to him, another layer of gold added to him because they're starting.
Speaker 4: To be fed through.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: But did he take But here's what I need to know, Tim, Did he take that old that old grill you had to lay on gold?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, so he took that. Plus he took payment up front, right, yeah, payment for my son, just for your sons. You didn't pay him anything, no, because.
Speaker 9: He said that he's gonna do it for a phrase and got it ready.
Speaker 4: So what you paid? So you paid up front at that time? Six hundred is that right?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay? Plus plus you gave.
Speaker 4: Him your old grill to be replayed.
Speaker 2: So what happened?
Speaker 9: So, man, he's just been coming up with excuse after excuse. Why we haven't received him yet?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 9: The first time when I dealt with him, then it took about two weeks to get it back and everything. So I'll just nation it was okay. So and then he was coming with excuse me the first time, so I just didn't tell him, my son, just hold on because sometimes you take them inte. But you'll get him. Watch, you'll get him. Because you was promising my son that he'd have him for him the next week. So he never produced him. He kept on saying, oh my god, maybe it's back up in Georgia and the mail and all that because they got something going on, and then he was saying that he was going to bring him back from Georgia. Then he came back in Georgia didn't have.
Speaker 2: Am okay, so what okay?
Speaker 4: So so right now you're missing your original grill. Plus your son never got his. Yes, wow that I mean even wow. So so he has Noah, he has not been able to produce your grill. Even if he didn't have the money, he still can't produce yours.
Speaker 9: No, you still can't come up with mine. And I've been telling him like, well, just to give me the guy's contact who you have them and all that, and I could go pick him up with whatever, because he was like, well the guy really don't want to send him or whatever, because I'm kind of susting going on in the mail. I was like, well, I got a pre flyer, Miles, I'll fly out there. And I'll go pick him up. I'll get a reddle.
Speaker 4: Hey Tim, Tim, how much how much were your how much was your original grill that you were having replaited?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 4: Okay, Now what I want to know is how how long did you have that one? Five months or so and it needed to be replated so soon?
Speaker 9: Cart gold but like on the front of each tube they had a little area of it that was white gold and they called it diamond does to make it look like it had diamonds on there?
Speaker 11: So got it.
Speaker 2: There's got it.
Speaker 9: It was that yellow gold with white gold on it.
Speaker 2: No, I got it.
Speaker 4: So so I think this is an ideal case for small claims court because you're you've lost seventeen hundred dollars.
Speaker 9: Oh plus I sent him sixty dollars when he said that he could get him next day hair, and he said that the guy at the post office right now send him the money and he's gonna sit in next eight hair. So then I started telling him, okay, well, what's the tracking number? After I sent him to sixties. Then he sent me a fake tracking number. I was like, and I straight shot and said it to him like this ain't even.
Speaker 2: Hold on are you still there ten.
Speaker 9: I saw him though, saying like you just suswain to talk to him. Then he keeps saying that he's gonna start making payments to my son to give him his money back, and then about mind, we don't do no beat funds. You just have to wait to get your krill or yeah, you're gonna have to fly out there or something. So I'm like, okay, well I will and then he's like, well, I can't get ahold of the guys. So yeah, you saw him just saying stuff. Then he owns a business in Bubblo where he was doing drills out of there as well. So I went on a already downloaded the paperwork the file small play. So what I like, put his business on there or.
Speaker 4: Like his home and dread you pop both? Well it does he have his business out of his home?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: He got the actual shop in its underhare?
Speaker 2: Hey mark what he just put? What he just put the guys home? I mean I would do.
Speaker 5: I would sue him as an individual, and then on the same paperwork had a second defendant and that's going to be the business or vice versa.
Speaker 2: Probably the business first.
Speaker 4: Okay, so both the dresses would be on there, then I would serve them right at the business.
Speaker 5: You can't do it, but your wife or girlfriend can do it. Your son can't do it, but pretty much anybody that it doesn't stand to benefit economically can serve him by walking right into his shop and serving him.
Speaker 9: That's it, and then we should probably record it while we.
Speaker 6: Do it right.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: I mean sometimes yeah, it's kind of it's there's nothing, there's no harm in it.
Speaker 4: Tim, does this guy totally ghost you or does he ever call voluntarily?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: He responds and everything, but he just keeps on leading on. Like I said, his business March. We're going on almost the years now, I know.
Speaker 4: So when you say to him, when you say to him, man, enough is enough?
Speaker 2: What does he say?
Speaker 9: Apologizes and I'm sorry and I'm gonna get it for you, I promise.
Speaker 6: And him you look on a life, do you care?
Speaker 2: Do you care?
Speaker 13: For you?
Speaker 2: Reach out to him? But oh no, you're more than welcome, Juzanne.
Speaker 5: Let's try to get this character on the phone, and if we can't, let's assign it to somebody.
Speaker 4: Tim, I think small claim scored is great, but we all should we also should give it a try.
Speaker 2: So hang on, I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk seven to one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing vers best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter.
Speaker 4: I just put this out on YouTube, but I'll put it out on my Google Voice.
Speaker 2: Text me if you want.
Speaker 4: To try a video call to the show, because eventually what Mark and I would like to do is show me the trouble and in addition to the show itself, we might do some private feeds where we take callers.
Speaker 2: So we're we're experimenting.
Speaker 4: So if you'd like, what you can do is text me at my Google number and then I'll send you a link. I only want a few of you right now to test it. The way I have it set up, four of you would go into the room it's called the waiting room, where it's like having you on hold. The others would go into a queue, and then I would use uh. Then I'll bring it up on the air live and I'll do it today, and we'll do it on YouTube as well, so you'll be able to see it. So you can text me if you're interested, just say, you know, you know what you'd like to test as a guinea pig. Seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty and that's seven four seven eighty.
Speaker 2: That's my Google number, and I'll send you a link. Now. Rand has another question.
Speaker 4: He asked about inheritance and how it would affect his Medicare, And again that's a question for an accountant, but in general, if you make money, they count it. Even if it's one time, they count it. They look back two years every so two years back your average income. That's what they use for determining your be premium. And then it drops off if it was a one time thing, and it goes back to a lower rate. However, John Jones over at Integrant Insurance dot com said, you can petition medicare to not to count that if it was a one time inheritance.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Ran You have another question.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the question is I spoke to a realtor and they told me, because this cabin only has a woodburning stove and it's a large woodburn stove for heat, that a buyer could not qualify for a loan on that cabin. That would have to be a cash sale.
Speaker 5: I love when realtors get into the money, the money business. What they're trying to say is under most traditional mortgages might not qualify by that doesn't stop people from borrowing money or paying cash for it. So don't let these realtors, you know, pooh pooh idea.
Speaker 4: However, however, a lot of conventional mortgages, they have what's called conventions because they have to sell the mortgage.
Speaker 2: Bonds on an open market.
Speaker 4: That would mean that they probably will not finance an off grid cabin. They probably won't finance anything that has too much land, or they won't finance a non conventional home most of them. But there are some lenders that will do, like tiny homes and different kinds of homes, Hunting cabins, mining claims you have to find the right lender. Now, if you can't, as Mark said, there's always you know, you can do hard money lending, Which is this.
Speaker 5: Most likely is going to be someone's getaway. This isn't going to be their residence. So I would assume it's going to be a cash deal, or they can pull money out of their primary residents to pay for it, or get a signature a loan, because this is not going to be a traditional deal.
Speaker 4: Well, what I'm saying is it doesn't have to be their primary residence to get a conventional loan. However, conventional loans, they don't care if it's a primary residence or not. What they care about are the the regulations to sell that note of course, So that's where it would become. Somebody would get an equity loan, or somebody would get money or just invest in it. But you're as I remember, you're talking it could be two hundred and fifty grand, right, right, But what.
Speaker 7: Would qualify as a second source of heat, you know, just.
Speaker 19: Just on paperent?
Speaker 4: You mean you mean, what would what would allow people to get a conventional loan? You'd have to ask a lender for that, because you have more than just the heat to worry about. Some lenders will not lend on an off grid home at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean some will.
Speaker 4: We can get Brent Ivenson back. Actually, let's do that.
Speaker 2: Let's ask about that convention alone.
Speaker 4: We'll do that, So hang on three all three, thank you, seven to one three talk. We'll get some money on to try to answer that, sus Let's see if friends around real quick three O three seven one three eight two five five. Now Ray has a couple questions. Go ahead, Ray and Tim, I think we have. We're checking on that guy with the grills for you and your son. Ray, what are your questions, sir?
Speaker 3: You know my questions are concerning social Security, yes, sir, and with my survivor benefits.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you need to know?
Speaker 11: What I recently did? Was I applied at sixty seven? I applied for spousal benefits and they paid me.
Speaker 4: Now, you wanted spousal benefits because you were married to someone for ten years or longer and they are on Social Security?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 11: That's correct?
Speaker 10: But she died at the ag age of fifty five, so were.
Speaker 2: You married for at least ten years?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: And my question is calculating delayed retirement credits. My understanding is it's six six months. They can go back and.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm not sure what.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what you're referring to when you said delayed, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: So when I applied, I was I was late. I turned sixty seven in uh two thousand seventeen.
Speaker 10: Yeah, let me get this, let.
Speaker 11: Me get this right here. Hold on a second.
Speaker 3: My understanding was if I if I apply after I'm sixty seven.
Speaker 11: Or I'm sorry, sixty six and a half. Yeah, that's my full retirement age. Yeah, because I was on fifty seven, so.
Speaker 3: I'm entitled to, what I understand, six months of backpay. Now they paid me.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're saying because because you did not file right at your age, that they have to go back and do retroactive from when you would have been when you would have been eligible.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So my understanding is at sixty six and a half, which was January of twenty twenty four, I would be eligible for six months they get now. They gave me four months, okay, yeah, which which is nice.
Speaker 10: Okay, but.
Speaker 3: They didn't give me six months.
Speaker 4: And I've okay now is there is there a reason.
Speaker 2: Do you understand why? I mean, did they explain it to you?
Speaker 3: No, No, they didn't. They just said we're willing to give you this much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's that's weird that it's kind of negotiating. If you were eligible, as you said, you were eligible at sixty six and.
Speaker 2: A half, is that right correct? Okay?
Speaker 4: If you were eligible at sixty six and a half, they provide you six months. Okay, So so were you sixty seven and a half or were you sixty seven even?
Speaker 3: Oh, let me see here.
Speaker 4: Because they'll go right to the they'll go right to the penny.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 3: I was born in June of fifty seven, so it's as sixty sixth and a half in January of this year, I would have been qualified to a six months.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 2: Let me make this, let me make this easy for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're you might receive six months, depending on when you file.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: If you file, they go back from the date of filing, back to when you were eligible. Okay, And they and what they did with you said they said to you your date of filing was six months, but you only got four months. I can see no reason why they did that. I can see absolutely no reason for it.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, I agree with you, that's what. It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Well, then you need to you need to make an appointment at the office and find out why they did that. They have to give you an explanation. If you're eligible at sixty six and a half and you file at sixty seven, you have six months of retroactivity.
Speaker 11: That's correct.
Speaker 3: I agree, right, okay, right, so we're in a grands here. Now here's my second question.
Speaker 2: But why did they offer when they offered you four months? Did they explain why?
Speaker 3: You know what, doug onnet I didn't question them, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: D make an appointment to find out why call us back? What is your second question, sir?
Speaker 3: It concerns a product called Windexing p i A. Now, what use is a very strange program? Where all right, my wife what you helped me with when she passed away, you helped me back in twenty fifteen, And.
Speaker 2: What is this thing you referenced? Was it called indexting.
Speaker 3: It's called windexing.
Speaker 11: P i A.
Speaker 2: What is what is it referring to?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: Since a certain amount period has gone back that you receive additional credits because of time. You know, she died in twenty fifteen, but they give me a number, you know, based off of her.
Speaker 11: Dying today.
Speaker 3: They're saying that with WIT indexing PIA, it's used.
Speaker 5: To calculate a widow's benefit from when their number holder dies before reaching the age of sixty two exactly.
Speaker 3: And she was five, and so there seems to be no additional credit towards the fact that she died at a younger age than sixty whatever I'm asking, am I entitled to additional credits? And this seems to be a I mean, I read this stuff and it's oh, I mean, it's just so hard to understand. And that's why I'm asking you guys, if you can't figure out.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, listen, listen, listen, listen. I kind of remember this from my studies, but they you're making it way more complicated. They all they do is that there's an alternate means of calculating your benefit and you get to take what's more. Okay, so you can just the eligibility year and to but but to go back thirty five years of earnings and then it's adjusted for inflation and then there's an amount.
Speaker 2: So I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I don't understand how that would affect you if no matter how old she was, it goes back thirty five years, right, you of earning, that's what they do.
Speaker 2: So what is what are you asking? That's what they did for you? Right?
Speaker 5: Well, basically it says the widower's hold on the widower's indexing or the windexes he calls it, and this article calls it there too.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 5: It's basically used if you lose your spouse at an early age, right, they're saying, they're basically saying there's times where the calculation for benefits would have been higher if they died at a older age. So they have some kind of formula, some kind of math that basically goes in there and possibly will get the spouse or the living person more money based upon this this math.
Speaker 2: Does that make a little more sense in them?
Speaker 4: But the math, what the math is, sir, is they look at her increases over time and they apply a formula to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to see, so you're not penalized for her dying earlier.
Speaker 3: But it's it's you know what, both of you are correct? You know what I just want to know? I?
Speaker 4: Well, well, the only people that can tell you that are them you have. I mean, you're assuming they did not give you the correct amount?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: You know I'm assuming I'm asking, but you know what I've asked three times.
Speaker 4: Listen, I got to take a break. We can wrap this up right after this. I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven to one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five ray Listen. What we're doing on the air about Social Security spousal benefits gets very very complicated and cumbersome, and bottom line is you should get six months retroactive from the time you're eligible to the time you apply.
Speaker 2: You applied six months after you were eligible.
Speaker 4: And there is a formula for people who die prematurely to figure out if the benefit would have been more had they lived to retirement age.
Speaker 2: However, we can't do that for you.
Speaker 4: What we can tell you is, yes, you're entitled to both of those, and make an appointment with Social Security if you don't think you're getting the proper benefit.
Speaker 2: It's that simple.
Speaker 4: We we really can't, you know, we really can't go beyond that. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five Brent Ivanson Ideal Home Loans. We did have a question for Brent, and it has to do with this one that we uh.
Speaker 21: With Rand online three times going to Ran right now.
Speaker 4: He inherited an off grid eleven hundred square foot cabin self contained about a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars value.
Speaker 2: Rand. You have power in there, right, you have solar power right.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you have you have heat and you have wood stove for heat right right? And you want and you want to know will someone be able to get a loan on it if.
Speaker 2: You want to sell it?
Speaker 4: So, Brent, what our lenders afraid of off grid systems.
Speaker 18: Well, it's not necessarily they're afraid of the off grid system. The challenge becomes finding a comparable sale to be able to value it.
Speaker 11: That's where you run into the issues on the appraisal.
Speaker 2: Side of things.
Speaker 18: So they'll look at it and say, okay, you know again, even though I realized when you sell a house, buyer sets the market based and the price they're willing to pay. However, if that buyer is getting a loan, they're going to want an appraisal done on that house as well, and that's where you start to run into some of these trickier properties. For example, you know, we run into this with log cabins sometimes up in the mountains, where it's hey, yeah, it's totally functional. Everything's great, but trying to find a compt and being able to value it becomes the issue on the appraisal side.
Speaker 11: Now, it's not to.
Speaker 18: Say that it isn't doable. We just have to take a look at it and kind of say, hey, you know, is there anything around like it that's sold recently or you know again, we can go outside of your normal six months range. We can expand that open and expand the mileage range up as well, so some matter trying to find something else that's similar that's sold to be able to say, here's what the overall market.
Speaker 11: Worth of it is.
Speaker 4: So if you can show it has market value, you can loan accordingly.
Speaker 18: Basically, yes, absolutely, and then even you know even furthermore what you'll find too with properties like this, you know, these world properties, we'll find if it's something that Fanny May Freddie mac Via faha don't like. You know, we can kind of point you in the direction of a local bank that probably has an appetite for that and be willing to look at it and do something on a make sense basis.
Speaker 6: But yeah, you can get it done.
Speaker 18: It's just again finding a comp and finding what the thing is ultimately worth.
Speaker 4: And wouldn't an appraisal. Wouldn't an appraiser be the best one to do that?
Speaker 18: Yes, absolutely, that's exactly who we'll do it. But what we run into with them is they'll look at it and say, look, we don't have anything that is like this property, so we don't know how to value it. Because what they'll do is use comparables in every appraisal to be able to come up and substantiate the value of the property when you're.
Speaker 4: Lending, so you see rand, it's not so much what kind of heat you have, or what kind of electricity you have, or whether it's on grid or off grid.
Speaker 2: It's comparables. That's what counts comparables.
Speaker 7: Here, here's another question, because that we have it was built forty years ago and now it's it's surrounded by large homes. They did scrapes and built large rooms on those properties where cavils used to be. Is that going to be another problem?
Speaker 18: Well, it just depends on what's around it. Again, it's gonna you know, we'll go outside of the immediate outlying area just because of the uniqueness of the property itself and try and find something else that's like it. You know, obviously the stuff right around it that's been scraped and big homes have been built, that's not going to do us any good because it's not a like property. Right, take a look at it in the appraiser.
Speaker 7: Would that devalue the property?
Speaker 2: No, it could.
Speaker 4: It could actually increase the value if the land, if the lot's worth a lot of money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right.
Speaker 18: You may have somebody that comes in and says I just want to scrape it and build, you know, build a house. And this is where you're willing the page to just get the dirt.
Speaker 2: So listen, here's what you need to do.
Speaker 4: Start with Ideal Home Loans three oh three eight six seven seven thousand Ideal Home Loans dot com or coming up, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven ONETHS you talk Tim, We haven't forgot about you.
Speaker 2: Do you have an update on that series?
Speaker 17: Well, uh, Tom, I've tried the number a couple of times and it goes to an automated message that says that number is not accepting calls.
Speaker 2: And Tim didn't have another number for him, so we might want to try a jeopardy on it. I'm not sure, Tim, if you.
Speaker 4: Did go to small C James Swirt, you do have his address, right, He's got a shop, right, So.
Speaker 11: Tim, Yeah I got this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just got it off the Google thing. I'm not sure if that's his current address or what.
Speaker 4: But yeah, he may he may not even be there. It sounds like this guy has pulled a ghost.
Speaker 9: I mean, you'll respond when he wants, and then, like I said, then you'll be real apologetic and like make you feel sorry for him. He's supposed to be like a Christian guy and all this stuff. Even in the meantime between the time while I've been weighing, while me and my son's been weighing. Then he even got like a twenty thousand dollars settlement because he got hit by a car and everything that he sent me in like yeah, look at the positive the bank and I'm like, okay, well let us get the money. Then he's like, well I can't cash if my wife's out of state and this and that, and so yeah, he just comes with a scute after stute after excuse the other thing. I was gonna have is if I put the claim it. They not put the price on like the cheapest price. Who costs to get them replaced me?
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, the six hundred's easy because your son paid six hundred for you. It would be the replacement value, yes, but it wouldn't be replacement for brand new. You'd have to be somewhat reasonable for sure what you paid for it. Maybe a little more if it's going to cost more to replace him.
Speaker 2: Because the guy's not.
Speaker 4: Gonna show up anyway, you're gonna get a default judgment, have to go to collections. I fear you may have lost all of this if we can't find them. Now, we can try to put somebody on it. Let's put one of the deputies on it to keep going after them. Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligate comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 21: Ripped of.
Speaker 16: Need advice so you don't have come running shous as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 2: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino?
Speaker 4: Okay, Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five drum roll please. We we are trying our first video call, and of course you'll hear it on radio as well, and it's going out to our streams.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna bring them up in a second.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 4: He was kind enough to call in and be one of our guinea pigs here, and I think I can still say guinea pig right because that's in Okay, So let's try this. I'll bring him up full screen. First of all, there you are, you're on say something, sir in morning?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Looking good? Does he sound okay?
Speaker 6: Thank you sir?
Speaker 2: Dragon Okay? Let me now that's uh, that's.
Speaker 4: The one screen there, and then I have one split screen. Let's see if I can find him here. I'm gonna get the split screen and I think this is cool. So we have our our split screen. Okay, so if you were a caller, you'd be telling me a problem. I just have to figure out. Look at my metal quickly. If I don't like you, what Mark.
Speaker 5: Look at all the metals behind him? Are those yours?
Speaker 6: Yes, sir?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Twenty two years in the Air Force?
Speaker 2: What did you? What did you do in the Air Force ordnance?
Speaker 6: I was bonds and bulls guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, talk again. I muted you. I want to see if it works the mute if I want to hang up in you mute him.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's going to be a problem. I got I got to figure out a way to mute this guy with If you ever.
Speaker 2: Well, we still have the delay.
Speaker 25: But no, no, I was a Air Force AMMO guy. I was an AMMO troop really and uh we have a unique acronym as an AMMO troop.
Speaker 6: If you ain't AMMO, you ain't.
Speaker 2: You ain't right, Yeah, you ain't that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you ain't that.
Speaker 4: And and so you have a way of uh so you handled AMMO for like loading the planes or ground stuff ground or no.
Speaker 25: We were the we were the builders. So we stored him, built them and delivered him to the planes.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest.
Speaker 25: Uh? So two thousand pound moms. I was deployed for desert storm. Uh, the first as a storm. I was deployed in Qatar.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 25: I was with the four or first the Lucky Devils. Uh it was. It was a great career.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 25: I loved uh being an air Force serving in the Air Force.
Speaker 5: That's very How cool is that man? So I, So I assume you're a Trumper.
Speaker 6: Oh, there's no assumption, you know.
Speaker 2: Would you say?
Speaker 5: Would you say most people in the military preferred him as commander in chief compared to Biden?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 25: You know it's the people that Uh yeah. The president that I joined with was Ronald Reagan. That's that's my guy. That's my benchmark standard.
Speaker 6: Very close. So nobody else compares.
Speaker 4: I appreciate the experiment. You look good, You sound good. I just had to figure out how to.
Speaker 2: Hang up on people.
Speaker 5: Quinn, where are you calling us from? By the way, where are you at the springs? Denver Ware?
Speaker 6: No, Falcon, Colorado? So I am the million dollar ditch guy.
Speaker 2: Nice, We've got friends.
Speaker 6: Let me let me try something. Let me see if I can show you my.
Speaker 2: Million don't flash. Yeah see, I want to.
Speaker 25: Show you said, you guys can see my million dollar ditch out my window, your.
Speaker 2: Million dollar ditch. Let's shoe it. All right, he's good, he's flipping his camera. Let me go full screen on.
Speaker 6: This guy, and yeah, can you see that.
Speaker 2: We're going to hold on let's go. Oh yeah, very cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 25: Yeah, so I had, uh, I spent fifteen years battling with the county, uh, you know, solve the drainage problem. And we look at that Tom and Tom and Brian.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you guys said, yeah, good luck with that guy.
Speaker 25: Yeah, but Tom, you've been a great inspiration to me.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 6: You get, you get a little bit of credit. Even though you said good luck.
Speaker 2: No, man, it was almost insurmountable.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Why are you calling it a million dollar ditch?
Speaker 25: Because that's what the county end up getting, uh to build that ditch. So they had to go through the e p A, the Feds because yeah, we know, poor planning, you.
Speaker 6: Know the five piece yep. Yeah. Yeah. So Tom is a former developer. I know you went through this.
Speaker 25: You know, you drop the plan, you know, you smit the plan, and the county basically signs off.
Speaker 4: Well, but before you do all of that, you have to write to all the of the adjacency.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: They get to weigh in on it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 25: So you know, the developer did all that, and then sadly two thousand and eight, the developer you know, went bankrupt, and yeah, everything collapsed. But I had my property built, everything was done, and I really enjoyed my property. But you know, because the developer finally in that passed and away said, I think all the stress of two thousand and eight killed him. I was left with a horrible drainage design that the kind of approved.
Speaker 6: So well, you know, up getting it fixed.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate you taking part in this. I'm not kidding, so that's very cool. I just have to perfect the sound a little. I'm getting a little a little bit of a double sound from you, and I can't figure that out.
Speaker 2: But I will.
Speaker 4: But it was first video quote and it's not terrible. I think we can. We'll get way better at it. And I'm going to experiment hanging up on you, so don't be offender.
Speaker 2: I want to see what happened.
Speaker 4: Don't worries, No, No, I really do want to figure this out if I can hang up on you and I can.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 4: All right, so he's over now, I think, of course that. Yeah, so we did that. Welcome to the show. Three h three seven one three talk. Let's go back to real stuff three O three seven one three eight two.
Speaker 2: Five five So uh here we go. Okay, now let's go to the phones. People. We have Mitch Fluria. We have a text for you. Mitch.
Speaker 4: Somebody wants to know when you template a booknook, can you do shelves for a book if they want to do the whole thing out of some kind of natural stone, can you like do the shelving and everything, Well.
Speaker 1: I can closet or like No, No.
Speaker 4: Somebody wants to do like a book nook and they want to have the everything they want to have, like granite shelves.
Speaker 1: Oh, I suppose it's possible. We haven't done that together.
Speaker 4: Have you done art nooks where you have granite on the on the ledges or window sills or what he did?
Speaker 2: My window sills They looked great.
Speaker 1: Yes, window sits all the time, and shelves as well.
Speaker 5: I just don't know if it'd be weird having a shelf with the back of the shelf, the whole thing that would be granted, it.
Speaker 2: Would be pretty.
Speaker 4: But but Mitch, you can do can you do less thick granite or not necessarily a thin veneer, but like a quarter inch or half inch or does it have to be full thickness?
Speaker 8: The natural stone comes in either inch and a quarter or or three quarters of an inch.
Speaker 2: You tell it, So you don't do any kinds of veneers at all, right, as.
Speaker 8: Far and then some of the courtz products they come, they're available even thinner what we call a one centimeter around the corridor or maybe threates of an inch?
Speaker 2: Did they break easy?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, not really because you put it on a backing, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Sometimes when it's mounted as countertops, then we thick on the edges, we might. But those thin slabs are used mostly.
Speaker 1: For showers shower walls.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, they must be really pretty, so you do. And the man made stuff is called quartz site or is that the cultural quartz?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 8: And then the quart site is the natural slab, which is just like.
Speaker 4: But you make court do you make quart site out of uh? You make quartz out of quart site?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: They make that to the factory and then they ship it out as and it comes in a sheet, right, sheets, Yes, and those are different thicknesses.
Speaker 4: Now what's more popular the quartz site, the natural stuff or the quartz.
Speaker 8: A lot of the white light colors with some vein are very popular nowadays, and you find those in the natural quartz sites. And then also saying that the engineer's throone which we call quartz.
Speaker 4: And quartz is okay. So and quartz comes in a variety of colors obviously.
Speaker 1: Yes, many many options, all right.
Speaker 4: And by the way, the artigranite dot com they give prices on the phone. Three oh three three eight six fifty nine nineteen Hannah, I'm sorry, I don't want to I'm so sorry that you've been waiting a while.
Speaker 2: So this bad fuel that that caused.
Speaker 4: Damage to your car, I want to add, I want to go right to this first.
Speaker 2: Are you positive it was the fuel?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 2: Did you have a diagnosis?
Speaker 17: Yes, from the mechanic she found red fuel in my gas tank?
Speaker 2: What now? What do you what did he say? That was? What do you mean? Red frend diesel is non tax diesel? Okay? So where did you get the fuel?
Speaker 17: I was in fair Play, I was on the way to one of this and stopped in the fair play.
Speaker 2: At a gas station. HM, and what happened?
Speaker 17: You filled up and I'm not sure if I sold up completely. I think I just topped my car off. But thirty minutes after my car died.
Speaker 4: So okay, So do they admit the people that sold you the fuel did they have it in the wrong tank or are they saying you took the wrong nozzle or what.
Speaker 17: So I reached out to the gas station and they basically told me I told them the story, and they basically said I did it.
Speaker 4: And you know, she was like, wait, she's saying it was your fault.
Speaker 17: Yes, And I asked, I have my transaction on my bank statement, so I asked if she could like pull it up and see if I Well, let me interrupt you for a second.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 5: What I don't understand is red diesel shouldn't hurt anything. The only thing, the only reason that red dies there to basically get people in trouble for not paying the road taxes on it. It should be the exact same product. So even if you did accidentally put red diesel in your vehicle, it shouldn't have messed up the vehicle.
Speaker 4: Well, hold on, hold on it has to be drained and it has to be No, no, it doesn't have to be the only reason the red dye is theirs because there's no tax. Okay, go, you're assuming I'm sorry, maybe I'm maybe I'm mistaken. Hold on, maybe I'm mistaken. You're assuming it's a diesel vehicle, right, Mark.
Speaker 17: It's not a diesel?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Then yeah, no, of course I'm assuming it's a diesel vehicle.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, kind of didn't sound like a truck driver to me, but okay.
Speaker 17: So no, just through a regular unleaded car.
Speaker 2: But still it wouldn't do it? Did it?
Speaker 4: Don't how much damage did it do? By the way, what are they saying is wrong with your car?
Speaker 17: So they originally said it was my fuel punk and so I just was like, okay, you know, my car is a twenty fourteen. Maybe it was time for a new fuel pump. And then after a week of having my car, the mechanic reached out and said that they found diesel and said red diesel fuel in my gas tank, and like told, you know, said I should probably reach out to where I got gassed.
Speaker 2: Did dad gas station sell red diesel?
Speaker 17: So when I reached out to the gas station. She was really rude and basically like, well, we're not going to be liable for that. And she did make a comment about apparently there being somewhere like a different pump for red diesel, because she was like, well, which where did you get gassed? And I was like, well where all the regular other regular cars were like the regular gas pump, and so to me, it seems like there might be a different pump for the red fuel.
Speaker 2: How long did your vehicle run before it just quit running all together?
Speaker 17: It was it was about a half an hour.
Speaker 2: But here's what I don't understand.
Speaker 4: How do they I mean, it's not like you went and got diesel somewhere to ruin your car on purpose.
Speaker 2: I mean, what are they saying. Are they saying they.
Speaker 4: Don't sell red diesel there at all? And if they did, Mark you said, it's non taxed, so it's not road tax. So what does it use for heating fuel or what?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: No, No, generally it's like for tractors. It could be used for heating and generators, but it's for stuff that's not not on on the road.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, not you know, a track.
Speaker 4: They actually sell red diesel there That's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: Do they sell red diesel?
Speaker 17: That's what it sounded like when I was talking to you.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the place.
Speaker 17: It's BS Convenience and the gas station is Sinclair. It's like a convenience or where is it?
Speaker 11: What town?
Speaker 17: It's in fair Play?
Speaker 4: So like a Sinclair gas station. I've never heard of Sinclair having red diesel.
Speaker 5: Well, the ones, the ones that are up in farming communities, they generally do, but it's not Typically it's a different pump somewhere else, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but at okay, okay, hold on, we'll come right back.
Speaker 2: We got more coming right up. I'm sorry, hold on.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one.
Speaker 2: Three eight two five five. Chris has a comment on red diesel.
Speaker 4: Mark called the place and they said, yeah, we have red diesel in the pump right next to the regular ones, right Mark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they said they definitely have it right now. It's four point thirty nine a gallon and it's basically right at the regular pumps. The interesting parts Whuzanne brought up, and she's absolutely right. On most cars, there is no way. I don't care if it's red diesel or normal diesel or biodiesel, the actual thing will fit into your gas tank, you know what I'm saying. The hands, Yeah, yeah, exactly doesn't fit into the hole.
Speaker 2: Chris, what is your comment on red diesel?
Speaker 20: Yeah, and Mark, you're right. I mean it's almost physically impossible to pick up a green handle at the pump and put it into a standard unletted tank. It just doesn't fit. It won't fit. So that's that's problem number one. Okay. Red diesel is farm fuel. We run tractors off of it, we run equipment off of it because it's tax exempt. And I'll tell you. We have farms in Tennessee, and some times people will cheat and they'll put that in their truck, in their diesel truck, which it runs just fine, but it has a high sulfur rate in it, which makes it burn really black. So when the cops sea you're rolling down the highway and you're speeling out three times four times the amount of black smoke, they'll pull you over. And that's a heavy ticket because you are exempt. So basically you're cheating the government. You can use that for the farm, farm equipment. We use that on our tractors all the time. And that's all we use. I mean, why would why wouldn't we? We don't use green, we use red. But you can't take it off the farm. I mean you can, but you just can't use it on the on the on the roads. But something's going on here. And typically I will tell you Tennessee and in Colorado, you're you're not going to find any red diesel here in town in the seventh county metro. You're going to find that up in the hills, or you're going to find that and the ads.
Speaker 2: Outline that's where this happened, though, Chris.
Speaker 20: But well, I know, yeah, she said fair player, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I called up and they definitely have it. Here's what I think happened, because I don't think that green would have went into her uh her fuel period. I think maybe the truck filled up and screwed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but wouldn't there be more than one problem? I mean, obviously a problem. Yep, yeah, you would think so multiple complaints.
Speaker 20: But I think I think somebody, I don't know, it's just kind of weird because you can't fit that green handle of the standard diesel, like if I have a F three fifty that's you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, we get it.
Speaker 4: No, we get it, and we understand that part. Yes, I wasn't sure if the same handle or nozzle would work.
Speaker 2: For the red as well or if that was Like, I mean, it's just crazy.
Speaker 4: So, Hannah, they refuse, they refuse to do anything for you.
Speaker 2: Is that correct, Hannah, Yeah, that's correct. How much did it cost you or is it going to cost you to fix your car?
Speaker 17: So to around two thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: And what are they doing for the two grand? What are they doing to it?
Speaker 17: So I got the new fuel pump and then what else? Hart plugs and they had to drain my tank.
Speaker 2: Right, right? Do all of that, so the filters and all that. So, man, that's incredible.
Speaker 4: So, you know, small claims court is one thing we if we call the place, they're simply gonna deny it. Did they say you did it? Because how would you do it with that size of nozzle? Right?
Speaker 17: But yeah, she said. The first guy I talked to him, he was like, oh, well, it happens all the time, That's what he told me.
Speaker 4: What do you mean what happens all the time that people make a mistake or they make a mistake.
Speaker 17: He didn't clear. I mean, it sounded like he was saying people accidentally put diesel in their cars all the time. But that doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: How would they what's that? Let's break deputy on this.
Speaker 17: Maybe they can make some headway and get something for her. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do that. Let's do you have the receipt?
Speaker 17: I have, well, I have my bank statement, Like yeah.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, the receipt will have a pump number or something on there.
Speaker 4: It'll also have the price per gallon, right, And I when I tried to see if she could look it up, she was just like it's gonna take I have to.
Speaker 17: Go through thousands of transactions.
Speaker 4: And she you know what, because if your receipt showed the price per gallon for regular fuel, you know, for unleaded fuel, and you were getting.
Speaker 2: Red diesel, that's you got them dead? How many?
Speaker 4: But if it showed the price per gallon for the red diesel, then you might have a problem.
Speaker 2: How many gallons did you get?
Speaker 17: Oh, I don't know. I didn't get any of that.
Speaker 2: How much was the total?
Speaker 17: It was thirty six dollars, So for my car, it's it's about forty dollars to.
Speaker 2: Fill up, okay? And you were near empty?
Speaker 17: I would say I wasn't quite empty, but close. I wanted to get gas at the last place before I was nowhere.
Speaker 2: So your car's running okay? Now?
Speaker 17: Yes, it was in the shop for two weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 17: So I got it back last Fridays.
Speaker 4: I listen, you're gonna we're gonna put a deputy on it. But ultimately you may have to do a small claims court against him because but but you don't have a receipt, which sucks. I mean, why Mark, can she subpoena in small claims court?
Speaker 23: No?
Speaker 14: I mean you can, but yeah, no, not not for what we're talking about. If she has a date and time, subpoena a witness, so she could subpoena someone.
Speaker 5: That works there, But I I don't know how you would subpoena information. When I talked to him, man, this is like, you know, this sounds like kind of a backwoods gas station. They very well could have, you know, old school systems to where they do have to look through thousands of receipts.
Speaker 17: Right if I were to go there, I could find which pump I was at, Like I remember which one I was at, I just don't remember the number.
Speaker 2: Or I would go and see if the nozzle is the same size or bigger. That's going to be the biggest thing right there. How far are you from this and I would take pictures of it.
Speaker 17: I'm about three hours?
Speaker 2: Oh oh now that's hey.
Speaker 5: If we have any listeners that are in the fair Play or if you're listening later on on our podcast or on YouTube, you know, reach out to help at troubleshooter dot com if you're familiar with this gas station in fair Play, and then you could go down there and snap some pictures and we can help her put it together.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I listen, Hannah, we're gonna grab ready on this. Can we put dollar on this? I already said it to bo Boh, Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: Let's do bow then yeah, three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: Listen. I take I take investing in financial planning and all of that very seriously, as far as building an est egg.
Speaker 4: That's why I started this company, Wave eight Wealth Management.
Speaker 2: Okay. I started it because I was.
Speaker 4: Tired of the model of most I would say ninety eight percent of all financial advisors. They're just middleman. They take your money, they don't invest your money, they don't manage your investments. They place it with bigger advisors. I'm not saying that's necessarily bad. They might hit it right, but they're not looking out for you individually.
Speaker 2: If you want something like that, I started.
Speaker 4: This for me, and we expanded to the public recently Wave eight Capital and it's Wave eight Wealth Management. So the website invest with Martino dot Com. I promise you one hundred percent of my money is there along with our company. That's the requirement. They cannot be advisor without that, and you will be dealing directly with us, and you can also call us at three oh three seven seven to one help seven seven one four three five seven, and we pledge to you not to get any bigger than we where we can meet with each and every person whenever they need us.
Speaker 2: That's seven seven to one help. More coming right up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two three o three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: All right, let's.
Speaker 4: Continue here, Larry, go ahead, Larry with your water main.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 13: Hi, Tom, Hey, I live in a condo. I live in a condo complex, and the main water line for the complex happens to come into my cross base, and they're telling me that I'm responsible for the maintenance and repairs of that main line when things go wrong.
Speaker 4: Now, okay, when you say the main line that I need to ask some questions here.
Speaker 2: This is very important.
Speaker 4: Is it the main line to you or is it the main line for the entire building?
Speaker 13: Entire building? It comes from out from the street, okay.
Speaker 4: So the service line they call that, from the main to the condo building go through your call crawl space.
Speaker 13: Right and so there it splits split to the different condos okay.
Speaker 4: And I can't see how that would be your responsibility simply because.
Speaker 2: It's routed through your So do you have a crawl space under your condo?
Speaker 6: Yes? I do.
Speaker 2: Is this a town home or a condo?
Speaker 13: It's a condo that there's four units in this building and I sent you an email.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, you have four units on the ground floor.
Speaker 13: Now, two bottom and two on top.
Speaker 4: Okay, and yours, just yours is on the bottom obviously, and you have a crawl space and the main goes.
Speaker 2: Through that crawl space, right.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't see how you can be responsible for a water main And why is this coming up?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 2: What did it fail?
Speaker 13: This pressure regulator that's on it, that's not working anymore.
Speaker 2: For the whole building, for the whole building.
Speaker 4: Yes, and they want you, they want you to replace the regulator for the entire building.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, they're just wrong.
Speaker 13: They were referring to that this document is sent to you.
Speaker 21: Okay, do I have that, sus It's inbox.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna look for it. And it's from let's see, Okay.
Speaker 13: I got the Louisiana Louisiana purchase.
Speaker 2: The what condominium?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: I see got it? Okay, I see it?
Speaker 4: Allocation of costs or maintenance uh and repair or limited common elements.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not seeing which part of it they say is yours.
Speaker 4: It says to clarify the maintenance to repair for limited common elements will be assessed against the owner to.
Speaker 2: Whom the limited common element is a sign.
Speaker 4: So they literally assigned. So it says, but when was this assigned to you?
Speaker 13: I'll be when I bought the unit, like twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: Okay, So they're saying limited common elements specifically identified in five to one. See, I don't have the rest of this. That's the problem. You just sent me this. You didn't send I mean you know you're sending me an okay. Declaration states that the association is responsible for the improvement, maintenance, upkeep, reconstruction and replacement of common elements and the limited common elements specifically identified in five point one. But you're not giving me five point one. I don't know what it says. You sent me something that is you know, you send me a resolution, bro, you know I have. It's referencing your main bylaws.
Speaker 13: Okay, that's that's what the h ways jumped me.
Speaker 4: Well okay, well then we have Okay, then didn't you have a question? Oh what is five point one?
Speaker 13: Yeah, we've been going back and forth on emails and they pretty much tore me right out straight that they can fix it, but they're gonna build me for it. Okay.
Speaker 4: What they're saying is that they're only responsible for what's outlined in.
Speaker 2: Five point one.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, then it says okay, then it says five point two of the declaration provides that an owner is responsible for repairing and replacing all portion of the owners uniments unit and the limited common elements unless otherwise provided in five point one. So without seeing five point one, I don't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: This is useless to me. Okay.
Speaker 4: They keep referencing five point one. Then it says Section four point four states common expense associated with the maintenance repair replacement of limited common element again may be assessed equally. Okay, but we don't know what it is. Here's what I'm assuming, Okay, from what I'm reading here, I'm assuming that they have these water lines and these common elements sometimes going through private property or through individuals' properties, and they're calling them limited common elements, meaning they're limited to them. I don't know. So we have to figure out they're defining it. And if you moved in with that, then that's what you accepted. But I don't know if you accepted that without reading it. Okay, So you have to get your resume, not your resid but the actual bylaws that lay these out. You need to get me those or we and then we can have one of our people look at it.
Speaker 2: But if we sent this to our.
Speaker 4: Real estate attorney, they would say, well, what does five point one say?
Speaker 2: Okay, so can you get that for us and get back to us. Get that and we'll send it over to Brad O'Brien and get an answer man, Yeah, but we need to see what you agreed to.
Speaker 13: And since the it's away and stuff is staying that so if something happens to these other units and am I responsible then for it?
Speaker 2: What do you mean to these other units? What does that mean?
Speaker 13: Where I see the pressure, the high pressure valve is not working, so the pressures up to one hundred and twenty in the whole complex. So that's going to blow up was pipes.
Speaker 2: It could hurt. And if they say that you neglected to fix, what was your responsibility?
Speaker 5: I don't understand for the life of me how that could be his responsibility for the whole building.
Speaker 2: Neither do I.
Speaker 4: Neither do I unless somehow mark they're defining two things common elements I read it, I get it, and limited common elements as as specified in five point one.
Speaker 2: And unless we read five point one, we will never know.
Speaker 4: But is it possible that that that homeowners have agreed to these kind of ridiculous things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is possible, Larry. What would cost to fix that pressure regulator?
Speaker 13: I'm not sure I had done plumbing. Come out and look at my hot Why dosiness making some really loud bangs because of the high pressure and the other ones that discovered how high the pressure.
Speaker 2: Was, but they didn't say what it will cost to repair it.
Speaker 13: No, they didn't.
Speaker 2: How big is the line? Do you know?
Speaker 13: I can't be it's not real big. It's just for four units in this building.
Speaker 4: Well it may not be that expensive, but you know, listen, I want you to just the idea. Ask them for a copy of all of the bylaws so you can reference five point one. Just tell them you need to reference the whole thing. You got it when you bought your They probably provided it for you when you bought your condo. And if you don't have it, you can ask the title company where you closed to send it to you.
Speaker 2: How long ago did you buy there?
Speaker 13: Uh, probably fifteen years, twenty year or something like that.
Speaker 4: Well, this amendment was done in twenty sixteen, so you own before that, and somehow along the lines they amended it. So you need to get a copy of this stuff. Man, you need to get a copy of the bylaws with all of the amendments. It's possible when you moved in it wasn't so, and then you.
Speaker 2: Agreed to it. You agreed to it.
Speaker 4: I got to take this break threeho three seven one three A two five five