Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray WBZ Constance.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're talking about Benjamin Nittanya who speech to Congress to protest outside. In the way in which the three major networks covered those protests. I will do this in the next few weeks just to check. But ABC and CBS did a very feir balanced report. If you were watching NBC News with Lester Holt, you never saw any of the flag, the American flag being burned, You never saw the American flag being pulled down. You never saw the intensity of the protests those protesters. It looked to me like it was January sixth all over again. Those Capitol police officers were literally doing hand to hand combat with these protesters. They actually, I think almost had a tougher time with some of these protesters because they had to resort to Pepper Spry. Let me go next, and we're talking about the report by Andrea Mitchell on NBC which which basically called again using the adjectives calling NETNA controversial and defiant, and that Israel walked away from peace talks. Israel walked away from peace talks because they don't trust to mass That's why they walked away. Uh, and it's simply the peace talks ended. I mean, it would have been like Hitler giving us peace talks as as Berlin was falling. Uh, and the and the US said we don't want to talk to Hitler if we're going to take them out. Well, the US walked away from peace talks with Hitler. Huh. If you reported like that, Andrea, let's go to Martin, Southborough. Martin, you're next on nights. I first up this hour, Go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Hey, Dan, I was so happy that you talked about this tonight. I was just shamed at our two centers for not at least being in the audience and listening. I know that to the far left, but they should have been there. And we're gonna reelect one of them. I'm not, of course, but the state's gonna probably re elect Elizabeth Warren. And you know she doesn't go to something as important as that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't make that assumption because I think that elections are important. And let's see what happens with the Republican candidates. There are three of them running for the US Senate nomination, and let's see how how they do. Look, Elizabeth Warren did very badly here in Massachusetts in the twenty twenty presidential primary.
Speaker 3: Remember that.
Speaker 2: I think she finished third or fourth, And I don't think that vote was to say, oh, we love Elizabeth Warren so much, we want to keep her here in the Senate.
Speaker 3: We don't want How many House members did not attend, I don't know the.
Speaker 2: Time to get that. I think that Anna Pressley did not attend. I believe Jim McGovern did not attend, which doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 3: There are two of the more.
Speaker 2: Radical members I would be I would assume that Steve Lynch attended, but I don't know that for sure. I believe that they said that Jake Arkham Cross attend. I would assume Seth Molten attended. Again, these are our assumptions I'm making, but I can't I can't be sure. I would be surprised that Bill Keating did not attend, but again I'm I'm shooting. I would hope that the Globe in or the Herald, because they have a staff of dozens of people, they can call their offices pretty easily. We have a staff of one aka Marito aka Lightning. So we're we're doing best best we can. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: The thing that bothers me the most is that Hama started this thing October seventh, yep, and you know what he is gonna has to feel safe yep. And they can't if they know that there are many many hamoskus still running under tunnels and everything in Gaza.
Speaker 2: Well, there are not as many today as I know that. Yeah, but I will try to get that information for you. I don't know if anyone it's funny. I mean, Massachusetts, the reason we're one party state is that the Globe doesn't do its work, doesn't do its job, and the Herald tries their best. But obviously the Globe is the dominant newspaper, and I mean that should be front page news. I mean, obviously it's easy to say the both Marky and Warren didn't go, and fine, but what about the members of the congressional delegation. Well, I'll see if I can find out during the during my next break. Okay, all right, how often do you call this program? Martin? I haven't heard your voice in a while, or maybe.
Speaker 3: Not all I've been on in a while. But you know, I I finally retired from my job, so you might hear me more often.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope, I do because it's important to have different voices. Okay, whatever your point of view is, okay, yep, Mark appreciate it very much. Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Welcome, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: Have a great night, Rob. Have you checked out my next caller? Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty triple eight nine to nine ten thirty, Well a right numbers. Feel free to join the conversation. Let me go to a Mike and Beverly. Mike, you are next on Nightside. How are you, sir?
Speaker 5: Hey Grenadian Ada and Mike and Beverly Hawaiia doing great?
Speaker 2: What's on your mind tonight? Mike?
Speaker 5: The whole Israel thing, I support Bend one hundred percent. I don't understand the whole Democratic Party mostly did not attend the uh the Israel showing up the other day, and the whole flag burning thing, and then you know, twenty four hours later we get a statement from the from Kamala Harris, like you know, and there's no I don't know. I think the whole situation is terrible. I know, speak of Mike Johnson and a bunch of Republicans went afterwards and put a new flag up on the fight phone. After the after that event that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh, I knew that the whole system. And then we're trying to tell another country how to dictate their war, and we're trying to tell them how a two party two parties stayed and like, I don't understand it all. Uh, some money came in and killed thousands of people and was trying to dictate how they did with killers that don't give it give a crap, well human life. I don't understand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But by the way, Mike, I just want to update the information. We had the eight senators who did not attend yesterday, both senators from Amon, Pat Leahy, and Bernie Sanders. I want to make sure that this is the Lay. He's no longer a senator, so this may be a dated story here. This is a I'm sure this is this is this is no no, this this is a dated story. My mistake on that. I'm trying desperately as I talked to you to find this information. Uh and uh and I just you know, want to you know, I gotta As soon as I saw Pat Lay's name, I knew that's an incorrect group. So we'll figure it out.
Speaker 5: Box had a list that's a lot of them that didn't show up. I know that Ladiana, one of those states that had the Palestinians, showed up. But she had a sign that Jenna prime Minister's of genocide. Like yeah, that was that was.
Speaker 2: The UH to leave. The congresswoman from.
Speaker 4: Michigan, yeah her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she's got a sign that says war criminal. I didn't see her, say, have a sign that said UH, war war criminals?
Speaker 5: For it was some small sign in a hand.
Speaker 2: But but you didn't have a sign that said hamas war criminals?
Speaker 6: Did she?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I don't that.
Speaker 5: You're trying to deal with something me kill people, and then we're trying to tell them how to dictate things, and I don't understand it all, you know what I mean. It's like crazy, you know. And then Tomala comes up with a statement statement twenty four hours later, it's like where's your where's your statements about that? And then there's nothing about crickets while seeing in all that sort of stuff about the flag burning stuff, and then there's a guy watched closely as an American guy trying to put it around. He's got a broken arm, and then they pound on him and into the UH into the people.
Speaker 4: What our routes.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got it. I totally got it. And by the way, I do finally have a list of uh the members who who who who skipped here? Uh and I will go through this list uh and and give you uh the information. There were a bunch of uh yeah, and I don't see Markey's name on the list here, so I'm.
Speaker 5: Not sure both those from Masters you should be tossed out of seat anyway.
Speaker 2: But I don't see and yeah, and uh, I don't think that Marky's I don't think Marky skipped according to this the I'm just going through the senators and what I'm trying to do also is find out the members of our congressional delegation who skipped.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, at home, John, I hope John Keaton gets in. The Republicans from the Western Master here, ip you it's in. It takes Warren's job because she's I can't stand her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she hasn't done a great job, There's no doubt it. Ale all right, Mike, I gotta let you go because about my breakup.
Speaker 5: Aprecition, I appreciate you very much.
Speaker 2: Pressure Thanks call more often six one, seven, two, four ten, thirty, triple eight nine nine ten thirty and six one seven nine one ten thirty. Feel free join this conversation, coming right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm still looking for names here taking names, but about half of the Democrats in the Senate and half in the Democrats in the House skipped but will maybe the global will have done the work they work today. But Rob, we're going next to Eric in Attleborough. I see that you checked with him. Let's go to Eric and Addleborough. Hey, Eric, thanks for hanging in here. You're next on Nightside.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you, Dan Living listening to your show for on and off for at least a dozen years that I've been in the Boston area. Always enjoy your show. So I wanted to just call just to point out a couple of things. Number One, you know, by all means, I can understand people's discontent when they you know, see, our elected officials do not show up for Benjamin Yeah, who's speech to Congress. But however these are that's an empty gesture in terms of when you compare it to the legislation that's been passed and one, for instance, the legislation that it was passed by the House and the Senate, it was twenty thirteen, which earmarks eleven million dollars a day, which amounts to just under four billion annually. That's specifically airmarked for Israeli military security and defense spending. And that's that's you know, written into American law to fund the military operations of a foreign power. Okay, So with that being said, that's a big, a heavy, heavy point of the contention, and it's not really discussed enough because the other part is military conscription in Israel for young men women between the ages of eighteen and twenty six two years of military conscription, like which means required military service if they're fit for service.
Speaker 2: But again, why are we concerned about what Israeli conscription is? I don't get. I don't get what our concern is there. That's that's just an internal issue in their country, right.
Speaker 6: Well, because not every single person that's been conscripted to the military is meant to be a warrior or a soldier.
Speaker 2: Well, they also, I think they do. I think that they do have you know, public service. You know, we have conscience. When we had a draft we haven't had a draft since nineteen seventy two. I believe we had conscientious objectors. But what is it of our interest as to how Israel If if Israel as a democracy, through their Kanesset and their prime ministers, they happen to have a draft, they're in a very conscription, as you would call it. They're in a very different situation politically than we are. We don't have people at our borders, well maybe we do, but we don't have people at our borders who are coming across the border, kidnapping citizens, attacking citizens and taking them away. Hey there's a small little piece of piece of land over there. I don't see what what is our standing to say to them, stop being conscription. I know that they have Orthodox members of the Orthodox sect, and that apparently has recently been lifted, and I think there's been some demonstrations on that.
Speaker 6: Eric right, Yes, yes, I don't my My My point was, I visited Israel when I'm Jewish. Actually, so I visited. You know, Judaism is a faith where it's a relationship with the Creator and Zionism. It's a political ideology which kind of contorts Judaism. And I'll just leave it at that. But what I wanted to say is I was there here two thousand. I was also there the two thousand and nine. So what I'm trying to say is that when you know, when things get hot like they did all October seventh. And another thing to consider too, October seventh, nineteen forty eight. I mean, if people want to look into that, I mean, you might give people an idea as to what motivated for the Palestinian resistance to activate.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're somebody who's Jewish and you do not support the Netanyahu government, that's pretty clear to me.
Speaker 6: Okay, No, no, no, I do believe ultimately in the right of like just things as they go.
Speaker 2: You know, since you're a student of Israel, how many times has Israel been attacked by its Arab neighbors?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean.
Speaker 2: I hear Israel attacked in nineteen forty eight. Well, actually the answer to that is yes, was was Israel attack in nineteen sixty eight? Of course that is also yes, right, But was Israel attack in nineteen seventy three?
Speaker 7: It was?
Speaker 6: But do people understand what the Hagana was and how is how the Zionist elements prior to the you know, to the carrying out of the ballifour decoration being implemented in nineteen forty eight.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so again America, I really don't want to argue because I think you and I see it differently. You tell me you're Jewish. Okay, I'll accept.
Speaker 6: That based upon and first like, but I care about my country first, you should.
Speaker 2: You should, But I also care about my country in the Middle East? Is Does the United States have a better friend in the Israel in the Middle East than Israel that you can think of?
Speaker 6: I asked people to ponder, what has your greatest ally ever done for you?
Speaker 2: Fair Enough, We'll let it go with that. I'm having a tough time believing you're actually Jewish, but you've told me you are, and I'm going to accept that as a fact.
Speaker 4: I am no I believe you say.
Speaker 2: You say it, and I guess there are there are people like you who happen to be Jewish who see Israel differently. I I disagree with him. We could we could spend hours talking about the Balfour Declaration. We could talk hours about I thought that, Yeah, we could talk hours about it. Okay, you've been to Israel. I've never been Israel. I've been Outschwitz. I saw what happened in Auschwitz firsthand. You know, I don't think i'll convince you, and I don't think you'll convince me. But I appreciate you calling and giving attempt to give a different point of view. You're You're welcome here any night.
Speaker 6: Okay, Thank you, David, and you have a great light. God bless you.
Speaker 2: Right back at you. Thank you. Let me go to Jeff and Waltham. Jeff, I suspect you of you is going to be a little different.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 4: I think that last caller is a in.
Speaker 2: Full no attacking, last no attacking other cars.
Speaker 4: An attack. But I really think that it was off base. Okay, Israel is defending itself and everybody has the right of self defense, every nation and every individual. But I wanted to address myself to your comment on the news coverage that you found efficient of the protest outside the capital, and I think this was that was a model. It was a hallmark of that kind of the textualizing as a hallmark of prejudicial reporting. Okay, what's left out? Okay, because it it's it's it's distortional, Okay, when you leave out the the instigating UH, the the relevant the context in which these events occur. And I agree with you that that that that I'm not going to mention the network, but the one you refer to it.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 4: Unprofessional to leave out the context that But you see, UH decontextualizing has been a hallmark of prejudicial UH reporting generally in the Mid East and UH and elsewhere, and UH, I think this is just an example of it.
Speaker 2: I would agree with I would agree with you, Jeff. You know you and I normally see this situation UH the same. The problem with the Mitchell piece is she told half the story. It's a simple as that she told half the story. She she never mentioned the American flag being pulled down by these Palestinian Hamas supporters. She never showed the story of the American flag then being burned. She never showed the story of the Palestinian flag being raised. She never showed the story of you know, federal memorials being defaced. UH, and that was part of the story. I mean, if these people they had to protest that Yahoo, they're very right to do that. But when they start burning an American flag, and I know that technically, you know, people are going to say, hey, Dan, you're a lawyer. People can protest with the American flag, but I'm gonna hold it against you every time. And if you're a reporter and you don't so called reporter Andrea Mitchell, and you don't have the integrity to show both sides of the story and to show that she had to make a specific judgment to leave that out of her peace because she felt that ethical.
Speaker 4: It's unethical because when you leave things out, you are putting forth prejudicial reporting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's biased by definition. I mean, just showed her bias. It's very clear to me at this point.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I'm sure what she says in the news it's acceptable. You know, it's almost like saying that, well, you know the American Revolution, you're talking about the given account of the American Revolution. Who are these rustic farmers are creating such a commotion in the colonies without mentioning the British abuses controversial decades before. I mean, it's it's the same principle. So any kind of professional reporting cancer includes the right and the relevant context.
Speaker 2: You've got it. Thanks, Jeff, appreciate your callers always. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, Dan, thirty.
Speaker 2: Triple eight nine nine, ten thirty and six one seven, nine three, one, ten thirty. We're going to talk next with John in Dorchester right after the quick break at the bottom of the hour. State right there, John got Bob, also Doreen and David got one room one line opened six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty back on night Side.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on w BZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here's the best I can do for you on the doing a little research here myself. Both Senators Warren and Marky skipped the net who speech yesterday to Congress, as did Jim McGovern from Worcester, Ayanna Presley from Boston. Steve Lynch from the South Shore, kind of a surprise to me, skipped, as did Lori Trehan, a Merrimack Valley member of Congress. Those who did attend Jake Auchencloss of Newton, Katherine Clark, who is the whip I believe at this point in the third in line, in the second line in the Democratic House, Bill Cleating and Bill Keating of the Cape, and Seth Moulton of who we had on the program earlier this week on Sunday Night. They all attended Ark and Cross, Clark, Keating and Moulton, and if I had been in Congress, I would have attended as well. All right, I think we're going next, Rob. If I'm not mistaken in John in Dorchester, have you cleared John in Dorchester for me for the quality of the call. Let's go to you really, okay, I'm looking at twenty nine minutes here. That's okay, John in Dorchester, Go ahead, John.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: And to get to the woman that didn't do a whole report, I mean I'm not a report, correct, Thank you?
Speaker 7: Who?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 7: Where?
Speaker 6: One?
Speaker 7: Why? And me is the other one?
Speaker 6: I don't know? Why not?
Speaker 7: Is you're gonna tell a story, tell the whole story. Nothing about the story. The big part of the big.
Speaker 2: Part of the story, clearly a big part of the story, in my opinion, was the fact that these demonstrators were there more to protest, to protest Danielle. But they wanted to pick down an American flag and burn the And they did burn the American flag. Uh, and there should be burnt with this, yeah. And then they raised the Palestinian flag. I mean you do that in my country. Let me tell you that that that is what that me and I want my audience to know about it.
Speaker 6: What's the other flag?
Speaker 8: Say, don't tread on me, you know what I mean. I mean, you know it is what it is.
Speaker 4: It's a shame.
Speaker 8: But uh yeah, I mean a lot of people don't realize. You know Hamas.
Speaker 7: You know it was people being killed. And like you said that, I think anything on the head at the beginning with the trust.
Speaker 8: I mean, the base of any good relationship is built on trust and honesty is to be you know, it's like a foundation.
Speaker 7: You know, once you stray from that, I mean that's it's sound as a white wives and this and half. I mean, you know sometimes another you your goal, you're I mean, you get along, you get gone.
Speaker 8: But you just like you said, I mean it's all about you know, you know your allies and you know people being killed, decapitate people.
Speaker 2: Well that's it. I mean, Israel has never engaged in that. Israel's gone into Hamas. They have tried as best they can to avoid so called collateral damage, but Hamas has has had tunnels and their barracks underneath hospitals and schools. They have used children, innocent Palestinian children as shields. That's absolutely men and women as shields. You know, I mean, give me a break. I mean, I'm tired of of the These are the same people who tried to disrupt college campuses around the country and who will probably try to disrupt the disrupt things this fall. And the Democrats better be smart. And I think the Vice President Yesterdy was smart when she basically said, I condemned the burning of the American flag. That flag is a symbol of our highest ideals as the nation and represents the promise of America. It should never be desecrated in that way. It should never be desecrated, period, but especially in that way.
Speaker 7: So well said, and I hope we've had one don a kid my soy golf?
Speaker 4: Well, good, bless all right.
Speaker 2: Next up is Bob in California, Bob you and next on Nightsiger, right.
Speaker 10: Ahead, Yes, Dan, good evening. I just want to pop from California. Obviously, throw a couple of points out there. And I don't really have an explanation how these sacks will relate to Andrew Mitchell's I hear with you irresponsible reporting, but the irony is Andrew Mitchell is Jewish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what her religion is.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 6: Google it.
Speaker 10: It's very clear she's Shureish. She's Mary Callen Greenspan. She is Jewish. Brian roberts who runs Comcast NBC, right, their family is Jewish. To his credit, Obviously he's letting the network. You know, their hands off with the network, Brian Robertson who owns it, like they're letting NBC obviously have I don't want to say objective reporting, because you're right she I think she should be fired, okay, but clearly maybe she doesn't like net yaou Yeah, well, I think.
Speaker 2: That came that came through She's using the words controversial, defiant, and how that according to her. You know, Israel uh walked away from the peace talks. Well, if you're negotiating with with terrorists and at some point you think that they're just you know, jerking you along, you are going to walk away. You have no you have no responsibility other than to other than to walk away. The other thing, too, is that I looked at both the ABC Evening News in its entirety last night during the day today. You can go back and look at it, and I did my homework, and I looked at CBS, and both ABC and CBS did far superior reports. They included the flag burning, They included the fact that the Palestinian flag was raised after the American flag was lowered. They got the whole context of the story. It showed these protesters who they are, et cetera. And my understanding is that, well, I watched all three and I just was interesting how Middle America was going to see these reports. Well, if I'm in Middle America, if I'm living in the middle of Kansas, and I rely upon Lester Holton NBC News, I didn't get the whole story last night, right, because I probably, as an American, would have been really offended by the fact that my flag was being burned by these protesters.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, yeah, yeah, And again she's entitled her opinions about net and Yahoo. But you're right, there should be objective reporting. I think to chase there and where I've called obviously before, the enemy here is Iran. And I hope if Trump gets back in, he can cut a deal with Putin, Okay, and say, let me let us take out Iran. We have to take Iran out for this, you know terror.
Speaker 2: Well, well, Trump Trump had choked off their their financial supply by preventing them from selling oil and holding back funds. The you know, President Biden, Biden Harris have gave them Iran, as did President Obama billions of dollars. Now, maybe their attitude is if we're good to them, we can rule them over to the side. We're not going to pull over this theocracy for the side which has been our fierce enemy for forty years. I have a greater sense that we could work a deal with Kim Jong Moon in North Korea, who I think is somewhat rational. These theocrats in Iran, they look at this as if if the world blows up, they're all going all akbar, They're going to heaven.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's that's why again we have to take them out. I mean, we need to stop, excuse the term, pussy footing around. Okay, and when Trump gets in, I think the next step is take Iran out.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you don't have to necessarily take them out militarily. I just think you have to be prepared to. But I think you take them out economically, is what I'm trying to say. And at that point, hopefully people in around who want freedom. You know, people in Iron who who might be gay and don't want to be hung by the neck until dead. And women who want to be able to live a relatively normal life as opposed to what they're being you know what's being imposed upon them now, Bob, I got to keep rolling here. I got pack lines, which I love, so I'm gonna let you run for now.
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bob, appreciate very much. Next Doreen in Chelsea, Dorian, you're next on Nieaca right ahead, Hi.
Speaker 11: Dan on my hot break so much when I see.
Speaker 10: My flag being burned, yep, I don't.
Speaker 2: Like it at all.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 12: The whole thing is they better, They better get down to real tactics when it comes to foreign policy. Now it is so terrible. It's a disgrace.
Speaker 4: That's all I have to say.
Speaker 2: Well said Doreen direct and to the point, I love your calls. I feel your your anger and your frustration, and I share it with you. Thank you, thank you so much. I'll give you much more time next time.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks dry, good night, good night.
Speaker 2: All right. Let me see here we're coming up. Let me get I get one more in here. One more in quickly. Let me go back to California. Lola in San Diego, Lola next on nightside.
Speaker 9: Hi Dan, I'm in Watertown right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, So.
Speaker 9: I don't know how that flag was able to get burned and taken down and the other one wasted up. Who was watching these protests?
Speaker 2: Well, I think what happened was there were a lot of protesters and we had Capitol police out there doing their best.
Speaker 11: It looked very reminiscent of the Capital Capitol Police.
Speaker 4: Where was with.
Speaker 9: Where's our government with the where's the FBI and the CIA when it's being done like that?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think you need the Capitol I don't think you need the FBI and the CIA. I think what you need is national Guard there. They should have anticipated.
Speaker 9: Them whatever, Yeah, Washing Washington police.
Speaker 2: I think that the Capitol police had all they could do to hold the line and they could not probably have gotten through the crowd to defend that flagpole. To be honest with you, that's the video that I saw.
Speaker 9: Well I don't I don't like it. They should have been there ahead of time. They should have been there ahead of time. They should have known something was going on. They monitor all kinds.
Speaker 2: Of I know that I think they knew there was a demonstration coming.
Speaker 9: But again I don't think no, no, no excuse, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's okay, I'm with you know, and all.
Speaker 9: These Democrats they're not showing up when there's an event going on. Shame on them. They should be fired.
Speaker 2: That's up to the voters in November.
Speaker 9: Well, the voting you know here here, we're going down that road again. Vote all, vote all you want, vote away, and it never gets changed. Now yeah, well let.
Speaker 2: Me say wait, wait. Jamal Bowman, who was a member of the Squad, just lost his Democratic primary in New York to a moderate Democrat. He was the guy that pulled the fire alarm in the Capitol and escaped being penalized for that. So there's a possibility that some that some of the you know, members of Congress in the Squad would would be turned away. This was a moderate Democrat who beat Jamal Bowman. He was actually older, he's like sixty eight. Bowman I think is only fifty. So he was able to knock him off in a Democratic primary in New York.
Speaker 9: You know, you.
Speaker 2: Got to continue to believe in the system, because.
Speaker 9: That's all we have right now, right well, you know when they took the Pledge of Legiance out of schools, that was the beginning of the end of life as we know.
Speaker 2: With you, it's a matter I don't disagree with that life as we knew it back then. I'm with you on that, Lola. I got to run. I got you in before the break, so I got to scoop now.
Speaker 9: But talk to you soon, Okay, got to you soon, Dan take here, Thank you, good night.
Speaker 2: Six one seven, two, four, ten thirty, triple eight nine two nine, ten thirty. Got a couple of lines available if you like. I got David in Baltimore, Laurie and Idaho, and I have room for you. I'd love to hear from you. We kept trying to get everyone in. I promise six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. Six one seven, nine three one ten thirty For and Andrea Mitchell Fanning. You wanted to defend the fairness and the comprehensive nature of her reports. Love to hear from you. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the window World, Nice Side Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We've got three calls, going to try to get them all in, starting with David in Baltimore. David, you were next on Nightside. Welcome. Yeah, Dan, I'm here, David. I'm listening ahead.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 13: I wanted to say, you know, they're old saying that you know that the devil is in the details. The gentleman that called who said he was Jewish, you know, he's a kind of Jewish person that you know. I think all of us should be willing to fight a wrong side when because he's very interested in the truth. But of course, the strategy of the Middle East is when when there's a fight in the family, you know, the Arabs and people are both called femis. I don't know half of half of what and half of what back then it's like a fight in the family. I wish there was peace now for the people who miss my opinion, the people who miss to listen to to No Congress when Benjamitnation I was talking. That's very wrong and very bad because how do you get to advise somebody or or criticize somebody and lets you hear what they have to say. Okay, I feel bad for the him now because he is a he's a young man who lost a little miseral for a little too long. But he's a side young man who lost his brother. His brother was the only person who was lost, you know in Temy.
Speaker 2: Talking about Benjamin and who's brother David yep.
Speaker 13: Okay, so you know, and for him to be in power this song who knows where? You know, he can be like a little baby brother who's throwing a rett type of tantrum. But it is sad that in fact, you know that you know, there's there's there's a problem there now the.
Speaker 2: People who well, I assume he's been in power because he's been elected in in a democracy by the Israeli people. Correct.
Speaker 13: Uh, you know it's very often you can you can you can go and say let's make pression pressure great again, and everyone would write side side for the side with you, even though you okay, because I don't understand.
Speaker 2: That David whatsoever. I really don't. So give me your point here because I got two other calls behind you. We're talking about the Andrea Mitchell's report and NBC uh not acknowledging that the American flag was taken down, a Palestinian was taken Palestinian flag taken up, and the American flag was burned.
Speaker 13: That is that is very bad because first of all, if you want to submotize things Palastinian is to in America is to low at the American flag, burn it and raise the POLICI fag that's a client. Okay, you shouldn't do that. And if I'm wanted to submitize things Palistinian, that's what I would do. So I don't know who. I don't know who did who did that?
Speaker 2: Well, it's very it's very counter productive. These are these are radicals who who do not are not as sophisticated, probably as as you are. And I mean that as a compliment. It's very counterproductive for what they did. David, you haven't called in a while, but I gotta let you run because I got two behind you and I'm going to get him in.
Speaker 13: Okay, if you cover both both.
Speaker 2: Things, Thank you much appreciate it. Let me go to Laurie and Idaho. Laurie, welcome back. How are you.
Speaker 11: I'm doing pretty well?
Speaker 2: You well, I'm good, except I am tied on time. That's the one commodity I'm losing right now. But I love to know what you think.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 11: I actually we had the privilege actually to watch or to listen to Manuel Who's speech live and I was rapid the whole thing.
Speaker 4: What an orator? Oh my goodness.
Speaker 11: So I can't imagine being a member of anybody that would sit out on that, whatever my beliefs were. But and yes, my favorite line was the yeah the idiots.
Speaker 4: Yes, useful idiots, useful idiots.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh that that's a phrase that goes back a few years. But that is true. That is very very true. And we played a lot of his sound bites in the in the ten o'clock hour from ten to ten thirty. That's how good I thought the speech was. If you didn't hear those, did you.
Speaker 5: Picked my four favorites?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Good? Okay, great, okay, well there are a lot of favorites. Let me tell you there were a lot of favorites, Laurio.
Speaker 11: It was a fantastic speech.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 11: I thought it was great. He's very fervent.
Speaker 9: She is who he is.
Speaker 2: But wow, what yeah, well, you know he's very merchanized and yeah, and he's a he's a leader. You know where he stands, and you know when he says something, he means that. Did you, uh, what did you think of did you happen to see the Andrea Mitchell report on NBC, which ignored the fact that now I no.
Speaker 11: Never to me, never news to me has gone kind of soft right now. And if I had seen it, I would have been appalled. And it's not reporting, it's not news. It's an opinion piece.
Speaker 2: And she's exactly, it's an op ed piece disguised as a news piece. You're so correct, Yeah, so correct. And I'll tell you it's disgraceful because there's millions of people whatever whatever they get, five million, six million people. They're looking at it. They're doing well, the poor Palestinians. But they don't realize those protesters were doing the same thing as the so called rioters or insurrectionists. They were fighting the capitol police. The capitol police are trying to keep them off out of the buildings.
Speaker 6: That's what happened.
Speaker 2: It was a tougher fight than then January sixth.
Speaker 11: In my opinion, and I no, I agree, And I don't know why they just why do you decide to do that kind of bias? Does the network think they're going to get an audience that maybe the other networks aren't getting. I don't understand why you know that.
Speaker 2: Audience starting an MSNBC audience. I think that the very service to their viewers, and I hope that people who listen and who listen to NBC realize that maybe it should be now called MSNBC. Laurie, I got a screwed. Tomorrow night, we're going to do another poll on the new constituted presidential race eleven o'clock.
Speaker 6: Please, I want to have your vote. Okay, thanks tonight.
Speaker 11: Thanks for taking my car, Thanks very much.
Speaker 2: How much time I got left here? Rob? What do I got mint and a half? Okay, I lean, I got you in. I can give you au Oh my lost her? I guess did we lose her? Okay, that's fine. Okay. We tried to sneak in, I lean in, but it didn't quite work, so that's okay. Wish we could have given her thirty seconds. Okay. Done for the night. I want to thank very active Wednesday night on the Thursday Night one of my themes I cause I was off last night. We're back tomorrow night. I promise you that I'm gonna do Nightside night Side Facebook right now. Just go to on Facebook, go to Nightside with Dan Raey. You can see what I look like. If you've never seen me before, we do a postgame show on Facebook at Nightside with Dan ray. You can like us on Instagram, follow us on Instagram, on Twitter, all of those social media accounts. I would appreciate if you do that for me. I will end tonight as always, All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my palace. Charlie Rayes who passed fourteen years ago in February, That's where all your pets are who have passed. They loved you when you love them, and I do believe you're going to see them again. Hope to see gain tomorrow night on Nightside. Also thanks to our producer Marita as well as I mentioned Rob already, but to thanks to all the callege whether you agree to disagree, and thanks to the listeners, and I hope I can turn you into college. Have a great Friday everyone. We'll see tomorrow night at Ato five.