Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that has you po right in the quizzer. I'm Annie Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are people who have opinions about Zoe Kravitz and hairy styles getting engaged. I assume people have opinions. I don't actually know what any of the hot ticks are.
Speaker 2: Is it an opinion? If you don't care, is.
Speaker 1: The lack of an opinion an opinion?
Speaker 2: Does the snake?
Speaker 1: Hey, David wa Today is the sixth Do you know what that means?
Speaker 2: Revenge of the sixth?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right. It's been Happy birthday toutesa, Happy birthday Teresa. Youw that's my mom. And the six is only three days away from the ninth. Do you know what's happening on the ninth.
Speaker 2: It's five days away from the fourteenth.
Speaker 1: That's right, Zoom Trivia. Oh yes, So if you are free, available and want to hang out and have a good time for free, come hang out with us at noon mountain time on Zoom. It'll be good.
Speaker 2: It'll be good, it'll be good.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I promote things it'll be great.
Speaker 2: Be good, see you there. And that's all we got, isn't it?
Speaker 1: That's all we have? So should we dive in?
Speaker 2: Let's do it? But first, here's how the show works.
Speaker 1: Wits.
Speaker 2: Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 1: Question one the category is literature. Nine Goblins, sword Heart, and Nettelin Bone are all books by Ursula Vernon, who is better known by what pen name? Question two. The category is animals, also known as the nyandu, Which distant relative of the Ostrich is South America's largest flightless bird. Question three. The category is Games and Hobbies. Which children's game has players tapping plastic cubes with hammers while not letting a figurine fall through the board? Question for the category is television. This question comes from listener Ringo Curingo on what long running sci fi show did The phrase resistance is futile originate and now the answer is to round one. Question one nine Goblins, Swordheart, and NetTel and Bone are all books by Ursula Vernon, who is better known by what pen name T. Kingfisher. She's great. I'm newer to her. I think I've read two or three of her books now, and I've loved each one, So I she's one of those authors where I'm like, I'm going to read all your things. T.
Speaker 2: Kingfisher.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like the bird's she's loving that bird, and she's in New Mexico.
Speaker 2: There, New Mexico.
Speaker 1: Question two, also known as the Nyandu, which distant relative of the ostrich South America's largest flightless bird, the Ria. All those birds are great.
Speaker 2: Man that casts away is pretty scary.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't want to run into one.
Speaker 2: Fun to watch fun from a distance?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Question three, which children's game has players tapping plastic cubes with hammers while not letting a figurine fall through the board. Don't break the ice started out with a penguin, but they have had variations of it now and when Frozen came out, they they did a frozen version. So that's why we had to say figurine and not penguan penguin. Question four, on what long running sci fi show did the phrase resistance is futile? Originate doctor who Ringo says, most people will say it's Star Trek. However, it's the Master played by Peter Pratt, the Doctor's arch enemy, who actually utters resistance is futile to the fourth Doctor Tom Baker in nineteen seventy six Oh.
Speaker 2: Round two. Question five, The category is music. Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe are members of which pop duo? Question six? Category art Renee mcgreets the Treachery of Images features what item or does it? Question seven? Category Sports. This one comes from listener Brett. Thank you Brett, Thank you Brett. In modern Olympic rugby, what is the total number of players on the field at one time? And how long is a full match excluding halftime? Question eight? Category botany. In a male flower, the anther which produces the pollen is located on the top part of what and Now? They answers a round two question five. Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe are members of which pop duo The Pet Shop Boys.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're wondering if Neil Tennant and David Tennant are related. They aren't. But David Tennant's real name is David John McDonald, but that was already taken for actors' equity. So he looked through a smash Hits magazine and picked up Neil Tennant from Pet Shop Boys. So he used his name for.
Speaker 2: His stage name, David Tennant. Dude, Yeah, his real name is McDonald.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to make it even more Scottish.
Speaker 2: Wow, good richer Man. Question six, name agreets the Treachery of images features what item a smoking pipe? It is a pipe with the phrase sec nepazum peep, which means this is not a pipe.
Speaker 1: I just love that.
Speaker 2: Well. I found a quote from mcgreet and he said the famous pipe, how people reproached me for it? And yet could you stuff my pipe? No, it's just a representation, is it not? So if I had written on my picture this is a pipe, I'd have been lying.
Speaker 1: At least he's truthful.
Speaker 2: Peep down Annie. Question seven. In modern Olympic rugby, what is the total number of players on the field at one time and how long is a full match excluding halftime? The answer is fourteen players and fourteen minutes.
Speaker 1: No idea matches were so short it's short and full of action. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Question eight in a male flower, the answer which produces the pollen is located on the top part of what the stamen.
Speaker 1: And that's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is going to be music. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question according to Korb KWRB, what are the top seven Taylor Swift songs by number of streams on Spotify? Your time starts now.
Speaker 2: And that's time. The top seven Taylor's Swift songs by number of streams on Spotify according to KWRB r at number seven Shake It Off, Cardigan, Antihero Lover, I Don't Want to Live Forever, Blank Space, and Cruel Summer.
Speaker 1: And we looked at pulling it from Billboard or something like that, but they only seem to have lists from twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Five and this was a little more up to dates.
Speaker 1: It was a little more up to date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stuff can change and amount of.
Speaker 1: Time round three. Question nine, The category is anatomy which two bodily functions. One that you do about twenty thousand to twenty two thousand times a day, and one that you do about two hundred to one thousand times a day. Can a human not do at the same time? Question ten, the category is sport. This question comes from Major Data.
Speaker 2: Thank you Major Data.
Speaker 1: What check runner is the only one to win the five thousand meter, ten thousand meter and marathon in a single Olympics. Question eleven, the category is food and drink from the wild version of which vegetable are Brussels sprouts, kale and broccoli developed? Question twelve the category is film. In the film in Victus, Matt Damon plays the captain of a rugby union team from what country? And now? The answer is to around three? Question nine, which two body functions? One that you do around twenty thousand one that you do, let's say around five hundred times a day? Can you not do at the same time? You can't breathe and swallow at the same time.
Speaker 2: Try it, don't know, don't don't listen to any that is not medical advice.
Speaker 1: The human body uses a protective mechanism called swallow apnea. We're breathing ceases briefly to prevent food or liquid from entering the airway. So it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: We can't yes, it's a good thing.
Speaker 1: We read a thing that said that babies can do both at the same time, But that's a lie. Your babies no better than you.
Speaker 2: Get out of her. Babies think you so special.
Speaker 1: I think you're breathing and swallowing at the tame time, tame time.
Speaker 2: Tame time.
Speaker 1: They are like closer to being able to do it than adults like, but they still can't. Cool cool story bro Question ten. What check runner is the only one to win the five thousand meter, ten thousand meter and a marathon and a single Olympics amil Zatopek? Question eleven from the wild version of which vegetable are Brussels sprouts, kale and broccoli developed cabbage? Question twelve. In the film and Victus, Matt Damon plays the captain of a rugby union team from what country South Africa? Matt name Damon?
Speaker 2: Round four Question thirteen. The category is landmarks. This one comes from listener Bobby. Thank you, Bobby, Thank you Bobby. How many marines were depicted in the flag raising at the Ewo Jima War Memorial? Question fourteen? Category television. George Reeves, Dean Cain, and Tom Welling all played which character and his alter ego on television. Question fifteen, category space, The Big Dipper is part of which constellation will accept the Latin name or the animal. Question sixteen, category tasty licks. The one comes to us from the listeners Ryan and Owen figure Ryan and Owen, Thank you, Ryan and Ollen. A tasty lick is a before and after involving a food item and a musician or band. For example, if I said this chocolate confection would have you living on a prayer, the answer would be bon bon Jovi. Here we go. This Atlanta, Georgia born country singer loves his chicken fried, but when dealing with colder weather, he prefers this traditional nineteenth century baked apple based dessert layered with sweet buttered bread crumbs or sometimes a topping of flower notes. And now the answer is round four. Question thirteen, how many marines were depicted in the flag raising at the Ewojima War Memorial six and yes, that was inspired by the photograph the United States Marine Corps War Memorial. Question fourteen, George Reeves, Deton Caine, and Tom Welling all played which character in his alter ego on television? That would be Clark, Kent or Superman.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're wondering if George Reeves and Christopher Reeve are related in a NEPO Superman moment, the answer is no, they're not, because they don't even have the same last name. It just sounds like it. George Reeves A and.
Speaker 2: Christopher Reeve A multiple Reeves versus one Reeve.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Wow. Question fifteen. The Big Dipper is part of which constellation ursa Major or the Great Bear.
Speaker 1: So really, instead of calling it Big Dipper, we should call it Bear.
Speaker 2: But who says we don't? Question sixteen. This Atlanta, Georgia born country singer loves this chicken fry, but when dealing with colder weather, he prefers this traditional nineteenth century baked apple based dessert layered with sweetened buttered bread crumbs or sometimes a topping of flower notes. That's Zach Brown Betty bambalamb of course, chicken Fried being the debut two thousand and eight breakout hit single by the Zach Brown Band.
Speaker 1: That's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Mythology. We will give you three clue questions. Which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, the official twenty ten FIFA World Cup song by Shakiro was titled Waka Waka, this time for.
Speaker 2: What question two? In which part of the body would you find the hyoid bone?
Speaker 1: Question three? What term is used to order a twelve fluid ounce drink at Starbucks?
Speaker 2: And your Big Bang question again the category's mythology Jungle. Emperor's ud mistook what animal brought to his court in fourteen fourteen for the legendary Chinese creature Chilin.
Speaker 1: And now the answers to the Big Bang round question one. The official twenty ten FIFA World Cup songwash Kira was titled Waka Waka, this time for Africa.
Speaker 2: Question two in which part of the body would you find the hyoid bone? The neck?
Speaker 1: Question three? What term is used to order a twelve fluid ounced drink at Starbucks? Tall?
Speaker 2: And finally Jonga Emperor's ud mistook what animal brought to his court in fourteen fourteen for the legendary Chinese creature Chilin. The tall African animal known for its neck the giraffe. Depictions of this of the chilin don't often make it look too giraffe like some.
Speaker 1: Do, but sometimes it looks like a dog dragon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with hoofs or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The chilin is said to appear with the imminent arrival or death of a sage or illustri ruler, so I'm sure that the emperor really wanted it to be right.
Speaker 1: There's also some chilins that kind of look like unicorns. Okay, it was just like a one horned beast, so yeah, there's definitely a lot of different Well.
Speaker 2: I read that the Lin type of mythological Chinese beasts are supposed to be one horned, but I see a lot that are depicted with two giraffes have two little nubbuns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there is something wonderful about the idea of seeing a creature so foreign that you think that it's a mythological creature. Like I just, yeah, wish that we kind of had experiences like that. But on the flip side, I love that we get to know so much about animals and can see any animal that we know exist without having to true travel the world to try to Like obviously, they're more impressive and real life and in the wild and everything. But like we talked about, I love me and Emo and an Ostrich, but I don't want to try a pet one.
Speaker 2: Well, if we get our butts to space, we might eventually find some exotic new animals that kind of fit mythology.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, we could finally meet Rocky. Yeah amaze, But yeah, I thought that was fun and I just I just love the idea of an emperor thinking he's meeting a mythological creature and the drafts, like what am I doing here?
Speaker 2: You could meet non mythological creatures This Saturday, May ninth noon Mountain Time. You can see Annie and Me on the old zoom A.
Speaker 1: Said it maybe at Treff It's like, nope, there will be no draft. But we do get to see a lot of cute pet dogs and cats, which is always appreciated.
Speaker 2: Play with your pet. All are welcome. Let us know if you need the link otherwise. Hope to see it nuone Mountain Time and if you like what we do, don't forget to sign up to be a patron on patreon dot com. Slash quiz Bang add free episodes and extrasodes are available on there for you, or you can buy us a coffee at ko dash Fi dot com Slash Quizbang Pod. We appreciate all the support and thanks again for listening for this episode of Quiz Quizbang Bang. I have been David Flora, I've.
Speaker 1: Been Annie Flora.
Speaker 2: Here's looking at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's interesting. What's that one quote? Something something great artists steel.
Speaker 2: Something something my work's been stolen, something, something AI is.
Speaker 1: Bad, Like artists create, great artists steel, something like that.
Speaker 2: So it's the highest form of flattery.
Speaker 1: So it's just like, yeah, I mean, this is one of the most famous star Trek live and they didn't even write it. Amel Zatopek I guess he would pant in, wheeze and look visibly shattered during a race, and so that led to him being nicknamed the locomotive. When asked about is rather in elegant looking style, he replied, this isn't gymnastics or ice skatings, you know.
Speaker 2: Fired.
Speaker 1: I think he's just like, what doesn't matter, Like, the only thing that matters with running a race is your speed, right, it's not beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So he did all those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah and one and and he also I think he had a long career and he is considered one of the best runners of all time.
Speaker 2: Sounds like he had a list and he checked those off. Yep, I heard that the term sheriff comes from Shire Reeve.
Speaker 1: Oh it's what is Superman? If not the sheriff the sky