Speaker 1: J R.
Speaker 2: Facebook page. Did you vote in for?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Say? We play it? Hey? Speaking of tickets, it's a pick your ticket Thursday.
Speaker 1: It is more tickets to be had on the jar Instagram at one oh one one w jr R. You want to swing by that at some point today. Get a bunch of different shows that you can win tickets.
Speaker 3: For Octoberfest, Deftones, Trans Siberian Orchestra, Knocked Loose, get your vote or get your your follow on at one oh one one w j r R on Instagram.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to some of this tech news for this week. We all are very much aware of what happened on July nineteenth with the CrowdStrike software update that basically vapor locked a lot of programs on the Internet and the airlines. Well, Adam Myers, the company's senior vice president of counter Adversary Operations, was front and center before the House Homeland Security Cyber Security Committee yesterday, trying to explain what had happened and apologizing profusely.
Speaker 3: How much did they did they total out that that caused? Financially? Did they ever?
Speaker 1: Eight point five million systems crashed? That's just the systems themselves, and then all of the clients of said systems, which are us the end users. Well, they didn't.
Speaker 2: Total it's got to be billions.
Speaker 1: The guy I got to give him credit for trying to break it down into easy to understand terms as to what essentially happened, he described it as, quote, trying to move a chess piece from where there wasn't a square. Try to move a chess piece into it. You can't do that. It's not available. And that was what that update was like. It was not compatible with these eight point five billion systems that.
Speaker 3: They should have got kt in there. Kt r it genius could have taken care of that. He scares me how smart he is? I know he really does.
Speaker 1: Meta had their Connect Developer conference yesterday and Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Meta, was showing off a futuristic pair of smart glasses the company hopes will lead to the next foundational shift in personal computing. This is called Oriyan O'Ryan. He also showed off their more affordable Oculus Quest three S virtual reality headset and it's improved AI powered ray Ban Meta smart glasses, but everybody was focused on this Orion prototype which he had brought out. It features a holographic display inside the glasses that Zuckerberg said has been in the works for ten years. He emphasized that these glasses are only of right now to developers. They are not your typical smart display, and he said he made uh the case that these kind of glasses will be so interactive that they will literally overtake smartphones for many needs.
Speaker 3: Oh God, something else we're all gonna have to buy now. I'm not giving in. I'm not going to communicate through glasses to somebody. I'm just gonna have a conversation like this. Yeah, I'm fine with that. Gave you a warning about this a while back. It's now happening. Disney Plus is officially cracking down on passwords sharing. It may be a little while before they get to you and bust you. You'll know you're busted when you're informed that, hey, you're not on the primary account, But not to worry. For an additional six ninety nine a month, you can add one other person, or if you're on Disney Plus Premium, it'll be nine to ninety nine extra a month to add one extra person.
Speaker 1: So it does know that's coming. If you have Disney Plus and you're sharing passwords.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be Disney Police are on their way.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be minus on your Disney Plus. Just after Google rolled out their latest streaming device, replacing the Chrome Cast, here comes Roku with their updated Ultra. Ultra is the top of the line Roku streaming player. I've got one of those on one of my TVs. Love it, run it, and that's the older model. Now brand new one rolling out. Gonna be the same price, but under the hood a lot of improvements. So if you're looking to buy a new streaming gadget this and you like the rokup you know style, the new one going to cost the same as the current Roku right around one hundred bucks, and you can usually get it for more. Sometimes they'll run it as much as twenty five thirty bucks off, so keep your eyes open. It's thirty percent faster than the predecessor, and the current one is fast. There'll be a Wi Fi six support, which will cut down on loading times if your home Wi Fi system offers Wi Fi six. What else comes with an HDMI cable, so that saves you a little bit there, and it will also be compatible with all of the HDR formats HDR ten, HDR ten Plus and Dolby Vision also Dolby atmost audio and Ultra four K high definition capabilities as well. So if you've got a high end TV, this streaming device will be able to exploit and make use of all of those features for you.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's that site that you use to you plug in certain items that you want and then it tells you when it's the best price, is it honey?
Speaker 2: Honey?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Camel camel camel?
Speaker 2: Yeah, camel camel camel.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you waiting for those to go on special. A couple things, tag, I keep my headphones that I use. The MDR seventy five oh six is from Sony always in there so when those go on.
Speaker 2: Sale, haven't been on sale? A, No, they haven't.
Speaker 1: Which uh? And these are these are coming doe to be replaced. I got a backup there that I maybe cut. You always got to give Taco an AI related story because he hates AI. A lot of restaurants now, especially the high end ones, are starting to replace reservation takers with.
Speaker 2: AI.
Speaker 1: Hosts call up to make a reservation for you know, a restaurant, Hi, I need to see if I can get in there on Friday nine.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've got the artificial intelligence hosts now answering the phone and taking your reservation.
Speaker 3: So there you go, host and hostesses out of a job thanks to AI.
Speaker 1: Seeing this in some of the bigger cities New York, Miami, Atlanta, and San Francisco, multiple restaurants rolling that technology out.
Speaker 3: And squeeze them with a little you know, grease and with a little twenty era fitty.
Speaker 1: The United States is reportedly considering a ban on connected car technology based out of Russia and China. I think that's probably a good idea. Concerns are on the upswing that software and hardware and connected cars could be used by foreign adversaries to collect data on Americans and hack vehicles. If the proposed regulations are approved, the band would start in twenty twenty seven model vehicles and would affect the import or use of software from the designated countries. And I thought this was interesting. We'll end on this. Belief that electric vehicles are better for the environments has fallen in the United States over six percent in just the last two years as more and more information comes out about electric vehicles and specifically concerns about these batteries and what ultimately happens with all these batteries has people going huh, you know what, uh huh, maybe this isn't all it's cracked up to be yet stress on yet, And we'd like to stress you know, we goof on electric vehicles and stuff. It is absolutely a great idea and concept and it will get there.
Speaker 2: I know many people that drive them, We love them.
Speaker 1: It will get there to where it needs to be where everybody's feeling a little more confident. Hopefully these things are a little more affordable for the masses. But in the time being, filler up. That's your uh tech news for this week.
Speaker 2: Wondering this. Surprised the gas prices didn't raise with the storm.
Speaker 1: They will? They will. You have to shut down, you know, all the rigs out in the Gulf of Mexico. Yeah, I forgot about it all right. Lynchit Talko is commercial free workday rock block coming up at eight stand by.
Speaker 2: Miss the Lynch and Taco Show.
Speaker 3: Check out their daily podcasts on our free iHeartRadio app Yell loaded for free at w j r R dot com.