Speaker 1: Around.
Speaker 2: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini cast. Let's go to line number two. Alexi, you've been very patient. If you're with us, how are you this morning your commentary.
Speaker 1: Yes, good morning, gentlemen. It's a pleasure to speak to both of you. My impression is with the space program, especially here in the United States, it is predominated by government influence. The government, no doubt has military ambitions which they want to perfect and create, so that is part of the driving impetus to supply money to NASA and the space program. But interesting, you have about what twelve different countries that have the capability to put amend and perhaps some colony, some some structures on the Moon, and I think that would be the wisest thing to pursue over the next decade or so because because you know why, because if you have all these colonies, you're rush at China, India, Parents, England, the United States. So it's all on the moon. Number one. It builds an international rapport between the occupants of the stations. They're all in the same place at the same time, so to speak, and they are free from the petty influences and demands of the dictators such as Putin and g so they can act more independently, and it might be a good basis for developing a high degree of international friendship and working together. Are scaring you have not seen before?
Speaker 2: Sounds positive? A Lookxy, I appreciate that. But Rod, you're more the space expert on the subject of the international space cooperation And yeah, well maybe we don't hear enough about the Internet efforts of what people are doing around the world.
Speaker 3: Well, gosh, how many more hours do we have? So I generally agree, although the US in terms of military spending on space actually fell far behind in relative terms relative their economies, both Russia and China for a number of years, and we only recently started spending more or what some people think we should be spending because primarily of the Chinese it was perceived as a Chinese threat. But in terms of humans on the Moon and elsewhere in space, you know, the International Space Station has really been a beacon of cooperation, as I think you were alluding to. Well, I see, especially with the United States and Russia. So regardless of our problems on the ground, whether it be crimea Ukraine, whatever, the cruise up there continued to get along.
Speaker 1: Now they can.
Speaker 3: Always you know, if they get a little grumpy, they can always retreat to the Russian side of the American side and close a hatch. You know, they do have two different habitats, but they have been getting along remarkably well, and the mission controls on the ground, which we often don't think too much about, have been continuing to work together very well. There are still visits back and forth the Americans to Star City and Russia and vice versa for training and cooperation. So it's just the governments that are having the trouble getting along. But I think there is hope. And the other thing I'd add is a lot of people who study this stuff feel that the Antarctic model is a very good one, where you have a number of international settlements around the perimeter of the Antarctic continent with this US base at the South Pole, and they collect there to do research and work together, and then when their project is done or when they want to take a break, they go back to their own group of people and can observe their own customs and their own food and speak their own language.
Speaker 1: And so forth.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people think, what's really forged that besides just the idea of international cooperation is the fact that if you're going to survive down there or on the moon, you better get along because you're going to need each other at some point.
Speaker 2: It's a good test.
Speaker 3: Bet.
Speaker 2: I agree with you entirely