Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub Quiz Practici show that hits you. Yeah, right in the quizzer. I'm Annie Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than we're learning new things about the other side of the moon. Moon stuff is fun. It's fun to have astronauts in space again. It's very cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you. It seems like this is like literally flying by. Yeah, it's going very quickly.
Speaker 1: It is stay in space forever. Send the school picture is not just kidding. Come back. We love you.
Speaker 2: After reading Project till Mary. Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Well either way, great job, that's right.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being awesome, Thanks for the syence.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having news that isn't awful. It's fun to like want to engage with the world.
Speaker 2: You can have a little amazing feat as a treat in these dark days.
Speaker 1: Full of sleet Di I sleet yees. And if you want to di sleet, we're doing zoom trivia this Saturday. That segue work, David, It made sense, Okay, it made people excited for trivia. Great, but yeah, coming out with us noon Mountain time. All are welcome, and we want to thank Helko for the coffee.
Speaker 2: Thank you Helko, thank you He'lko.
Speaker 1: And I think that's about it. Shall we dive in?
Speaker 2: I would like to Here's how the show works. Wiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask could quick fire bang bang question, where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 1: Round one. Question one, the category is pop culture. This question comes from listener Hilko.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Hilko, breaks again, Hilko.
Speaker 1: Famous K pop act BTS made a comeback recently with a mega concert in Soul and a new album. What was the reason for their two point five year hiatus as an act? Question two? The category is inventions. This question comes from listener Nolan, Thank you Nolan. What failed non Newtonian fluid rubber substitute was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame in two thousand and one. Question three, the category is food and drink. Which classic style of sushi consists of rice and other ingredients rolled inside a sheet of seaweed. Question four. The category is science. It may come as a shock, but a van de grap generator uses a moving belt to accumulate what? And now? The answer is to round one. Question one. Famous K pop act BTS made a comeback recently. What was the reason for their two point five year hiatus as an act military service? Yeah? The concert they just did was enormous.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wondered why I hadn't heard about them for a little while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's mandatory mandatory fun. Question two? What failed non Newtonian fluid rubber substitute was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame in two thousand and one? Silly putty? Question three? Which classic style of sushi consists of rice and other ingredients rolled inside a sheet of seaweed? Mocky delicious? Question four. It may come as a shock, but a Van de graph generator uses a moving belt to accumulate what? A static charge?
Speaker 2: Round two? Question five. The category is language. This one comes to us from listener Angelina.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Angelina, Thank you Angelina.
Speaker 2: Which letter is the most recent to be added? To the English alphabet? Question six category television, Which American Idol judge served as judge for the most seasons? Question seven? Category space. This one comes to us from listener Bobby.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bobby, Thank you, Bobby.
Speaker 2: Does the Earth rotate clockwise or counterclockwise when viewed from above the North Pole? Question eight? Category history? Who led a violent coup against Chilean President Salvador Allende in nineteen seventy three? And now the answers to round two? Question five? Which letter is the most recent to be added to the English alphabet? J officially recognized as its own distinct letter in the sixteen thirties. Previously, it had just been used as a fancy swash variant of eye. So, for example, the name Julius was spelled Ulius, where the eye created the J sound. In that context, Julius.
Speaker 1: I liked that its origin was a say that I.
Speaker 2: Get fancy swash variant?
Speaker 1: Yes? Love that.
Speaker 2: Question six, Which American Idol judge served as judge for the most seasons? It's Randy Jackson Dog. Question seven, Does the Earth rotate clockwise or counterclockwise when viewed from above the North Pole? Counter clockwise? And if you saw it from the south pole, it would turn clockwise. As viewed from the northern polar star, Polaris also turns counterclockwise.
Speaker 1: I think that was something Neil Degress Tyson called John Stewart out for, is that the Daily Show's globe was spinning the wrong way. I'm not This is off the top of my head, So take it with a grain of salt.
Speaker 2: That would be great because obviously the Daily Show probably had nothing to do. They probably just got some stock. Yeah, animation wow. Question eight. Who led a violent coup against Chilean President Salvador Ayinde in nineteen seventy three Augusto Jose Ramon Pinochet Ugarte, usually just known as Augusto Pinochet, him and his military hunter or Illjunta Gionta.
Speaker 1: There's that Jay again. That's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category of this week's Bang Bang Round is Sports. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question. Which six coaches have won the nc double A men's basketball championship at least three times? Your time starts now.
Speaker 2: And that's time. The six coaches who have won at least three national championships in nc DOUBLEA men's basketball are UCLA's John Wooden, Duke, Mike Shesewsky, Kentucky's Adolph Rupp, North Carolinas Roy Williams, Yukon's Jim Calhoun, and Indiana's Bobby Knight. Adolf Rupp was the first to achieve the feat in nineteen fifty one, and the most recent is Roy Williams in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yukon's coach, mister lizard Man, he tried to join the group of three if he had won this.
Speaker 2: You're talking about Dan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know his Actually, are are lizards that expressive?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I guess that's an insult to lizards. But he tried to join the club. If he had won this championship, he would have, but he didn't.
Speaker 2: Spoiler. Congrats Michigan.
Speaker 1: Yay Michigan. Round three. Question nine. The category is sports. Which women's team just won their school's first NCAA women's basketball championship? Question ten, The category is literature? Which author just released Vigil in twenty twenty six, part of the same world as his twenty eighteen novel Lincoln in the Bardo, which won the Booker Prize. Question eleven. The category is religion. Which figure of divine importance in Rastafari fills in the blank in the following quote by the conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, his Imperial Majesty blank, King of Kings of Ethiopia, Lord of Lord's elect of God. Question the category is film. This question comes from listener Knife, Thank you, Knife, Hey, good knife, and a big high to Turkey, Hey, Turkey. There are twenty five official James Bond movies with six actors holding the mantle of double O seven. Please arrange the actors in ascending order by the number of movies they acted in. And now the answer is to round three. Question nine. Which women's team just won their school's first NC Double A women's basketball championship UCLA?
Speaker 2: Great job, Yeah, pretty crazy end of the women's tournament because South Carolina beat undefeated Yukon to get to the championship game and then lost to UCLA in a drubbing, very unexpected. Yeah, and cool to have a new champion there. And if you're talking about coaches with lots of titles, Gino Ariama from Yukon has like twelve twelve plus they're crazy dominant.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Question ten, which author just released Vigil in twenty twenty six, which was part of the same world as his twenty eighteen novel Lincoln and the Bardo, which won the Booker Prize, George Saunders. If you're into a kind of weird afterlife book, Lincoln in the Bardo is amazing. It's a hard book to recommend to everyone because it is very different, but I loved it, and so having Vigil come out was great to revisit. Question eleven, which figure of divine importance in Rastafari fills in the blank in the following quote by the conquering line of the tribe of Judah, His Imperial Majesty blank, King of Kings of Ethiopia, Lord of Lord's Elect of God highly Selassie. And Question twelve. There are twenty five official James Bond movies. List the seven actors, in ascending order, by how many movies they've been in. George Lazenbee He's been in one, Timothy Dalton two, Pierce Brosnan four, Daniel Craig five, Sean Connery six, and Roger Moore seven. If Never Say Never Again had been an official James Bond movie. Sean Connery would have tied with seven, but it's not an official one.
Speaker 2: Round four. Question thirteen. The category is art. What three syllable term denotes a work of art rendered in only one color? Question fourteen? Category Fashion. This one comes to us from Major Data, Fake you, Major, Thank you Major? What's a winkle picker? Question fifteen? Category geography? Which Asian country has the lowest population density? Question sixteen category World leaders. This one comes to us from listener Jos.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jose, thank you, Jos.
Speaker 2: Antonio Guterrez holds what position the ninth and current person to have it? And now the answer is to round four. Question thirteen. What three syllable term denotes a work of art rendered in only one color? Monochrome? Question fourteen, what's a winkle picker?
Speaker 1: Major Data?
Speaker 2: Their shoes.
Speaker 1: They are great. If you don't know what they look like, look it up because they're very long and skinny and delightful.
Speaker 2: They're extremely long, sharp pointed toes. They're named after the metal spike used to remove periwinkle snails from their shells. Oh Question fifteen, Which Asian country has the lowest population density? Mongolia? Question sixteen Antonio Guterrez holds. What position the ninth and current person to have it Secretary General of the United Nations.
Speaker 1: And that's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round it is Film in Literature. We will give you three questions which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, William Butler, Yates, George Bernard Shaw, Eugene O'Neil and T. S. Eliott are all winners of what prestigious award that was established in eighteen ninety five?
Speaker 2: Question two? In geography, what is a smaller body of water usually connected to a sea or an ocean, Maybe an inlet that is deeper than a byte and wider than a fjord.
Speaker 1: Question three, which twenty fourteen epic World War two film stars Brad Pitt, Shilah buff and Michael Penya as members of an American tank crew.
Speaker 2: And your Big Bang question again the categories Film and literature, along with Lee Brackett and Jules Firthman, who wrote the screenplay for The Big Sleep.
Speaker 1: And Now the answer is to the Big Bang Round. Question one, William Butler, Yates, George Bernard Shaw, Eugene O'Neil, and T. S. Eliot are all winners of what prestigious award, the Nobel Prize in Literature.
Speaker 2: Question two? What is a smaller body of water, usually connected to a sea or an ocean, like an inlet, that is deeper than a bite and wider than a fjord? A sound?
Speaker 1: Question three? Which twenty fourteen epic World War two film stars Brad Pitch, Shila buff and Michael Penya as members of an American tank crew Fury, Shine Up.
Speaker 2: And finally, along with Lee Brackett and James Firthman, who wrote the screenplay for The Big sleep the winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature and author of The Sound and the Fury, it's William Faulkner. I didn't know he got into screenwriting.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't either. Big Sleeps based on the book by Raymond Chandler. So if you said Raymond Chandler, that's a good guess he's the writer of the book. But yeah, I didn't. I didn't know that either. I just finally read The Sound and the Fury because it's one of those you should read this books, and they did a little bio on William Faulkner before the book started. It didn't make me want to read the book because he sounded like a terrible person. Oh he was racist and an alcoholic and just a lot of what they did. I was just like, could you have done this bio after the book is by the time it was over, I'm like, do I want to read this?
Speaker 2: Ool?
Speaker 1: But yeah, but I learned that and I was like, well, that's interesting. At least I got a big bang question out of this, because yeah, I don't think you associate him with any sort of screenplay writing.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Well, we hope you guys enjoyed the paradoxes that we did last week, because we thought it was funny because you clearly can't answer paradoxes at the whole point of them, and the whole point of trivia is that you very much can answer it succinctly, and it only has one answer there the opposites. So we hope you enjoyed it, and we hope you're doing well. We hope your weather is as lovely as ours.
Speaker 2: And don't forget zoom Trivia's this Saturday, the eleventh, noon, mountain time. And if you like what we do. You can be like Hillco and send us a coffee at ko fi dot com slash quizbangpod and if you want an extra episode every month, sign up two our Patreon Patreon dot com slash quiz Bang P A, t R, E, O, N A dollar and up gets you add free episodes and five dollars and up gets you an extra episode a month. Thank you guys for all your support. Thank you so much, and thanks once again for listening for this episode of Quiz Quiz Bang Bang. I've been David.
Speaker 1: Flora, I've been any Flora. Here's looking at you, quiz