Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Wood, Who's the number one hit music station.
Speaker 3: Woo wooing about it's a Wednesday. My kids have had no school all week and they're driving me bananas. Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm just excited because tomorrow's Thanksgiving and we get to eat Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: And I'm excited because I'm gonna drink tonight.
Speaker 3: I guess. So it's just been it has been a week. It's been a long week. I love my hands. I love but when you're around them like all the time. What man, nobody warns you about that. I don't mind it. Oh okay, must be nice.
Speaker 2: Well. Also, we had the little ones in their daycare, so.
Speaker 3: And it's open this week. Yeah you wow. I feel like I won the lottery. Wow. Jess, you're going out tonight?
Speaker 4: I am Yeah. You're going to some barsons Selina's probably or Monterey.
Speaker 3: Is this a because blackout Wednesday? Which is tonight, big drinking night? Everybody comes back into town, back to the hometown. Is this a hometown hero night for you? Because like where you're gonna take a victory lap? Like I'm on the JV Show now and I live in the Bay Area and you guys are in silliness? Is it one of those moments?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Does it feel like I know?
Speaker 4: Honestly, No, it doesn't. Well it doesn't because I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know that I ever really run into a lot of people that I know, to be honest.
Speaker 3: But the night before thanks, who's who? You're gonna run all the high school? Harry's all I do?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 4: Yes, so I need I need to pop out in like a really cute outfit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need, you need ale, Yeah, flex on them.
Speaker 3: There's a certain number of years that you when you go back to your hometown, because I remember this when I go back to Napa, like when I was in college and stuff, and yeah, you feel like, wow, look at me. I'm I'm out out, I'm out of I don't live here anymore. And you would see everybody, and then as the years go by, you'd go out and be like there ain't nobody, nobody cares anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or you don't recognize anybody anymore.
Speaker 5: Like now when I go out, I'm like, oh my god, what happened happened to you?
Speaker 3: I only twenty seven and a half, still peak like see everybody? But yeah, it starts to dwindle a little bit. I could see that. I could see that.
Speaker 2: And then tomorrow Thanksgiving obviously I'm catching.
Speaker 3: A flight right after this. Whah, let's right, you're going to Boston.
Speaker 2: I am nervous because every year Triple A's like busiest traveling ever. So yeah, dealing with that with the kids is not something.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to. I think Thanksgiving week is regardless of them saying this is the busiest one ever, which it will be, but that's just because there's more people and you know, populations. Of course, it's a busier travel weekend than it was in you know, nineteen fifty. There's like twice as many people in this country. But I think it's Thanksgiving Week is actually the busiest travel week of the year, right, so I think, like, I don't care if it's the busiest one or not. It's always going to be nightmare travel. So good look for that, gret Thank you so much. You got to you have to wrangle all the kids to the airport too. Yep, you're missing that flight. Guaranteed you missed up to your own wedding. If't that, I.
Speaker 4: Still cannot believe you did that, Selena.
Speaker 3: The flight to your own wedding. About that that blew my mind.
Speaker 2: Oh my, I forgot about that. It actually is really hard wrangling all the kids. No, I know the catch a flight, trust me, the wedding.
Speaker 3: We were drinking a lot the night before. It's hard enough to make it to a flight just with your own with a suitcase, just you in a suitcase. And imagine when you have to jest. I'm telling you travel with kids. Don't ever do it. It's all I won't. But it is like you have to a lot, like an extra two hours. I think I need to leave you this time. Go two hours before that time, because that's how long it's going to take.
Speaker 2: So wish me lucky everyone, and happy Happy Wednesday to you. We're going to talk think we're going to talk Thanksgiving a lot on today's show. Obviously it's Adey for nine.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Welday for nine, the base number one hit music station. Happy Wednesday, It's the JV Show. I'm Selena, and we're talking a lot of Thanksgiving. But let's just take a quick break from that, really quick. Okay, do you guys agree with this? According to new research, video games can actually be good for you when it comes to like prepping for jobs and careers.
Speaker 3: Like preparing you for the real world. Yeah, like playing Grand Theft Auto.
Speaker 2: There is a study that found, you know, even though gaming often gets the bad rep that a lot of the skills that you learn while gaming you can actually use in the real world, like problem solving, teamwork, leadership, even self confidence.
Speaker 5: Cool about this, I don't know, and I offer often wonder about the effects because my kid, you get him in front of a video game and he is locked in.
Speaker 3: The one thing, the one thing that does not teach him how to do is blink. You walk in and that kid's eyes are just water He won't blink. It's like he's so locked in. Creepy. He's like so locked into the screen. You could just tell like you've been playing too long. It's like eyes are all like watering, and like his face looks weird. I'm like, dude, to take a break, start blinking. I don't know. Is it giving him light valuable life skills and confidence? I don't know. I think it's the opposite. I want to say no.
Speaker 2: But people who game and are like living in the real world and they have jobs and stuff they say that that playing video games is given them more patience, perseverance, more encouragement to like do more things.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought you were gonna say people were playing before job interviews or all that just to like release some anxiety or something, just to kind of get your mind off.
Speaker 3: No, they slap the hand for that. Yeah, yeah, a couple of times to be extra relax and extra focused. Yeah, I don't know. I mean I think back to the times that, like I was really into video games, you know, in my adult life, and the only thing it did was make me angry and want to down and throw my controller because you know, you're playing online, you're just talking smack people.
Speaker 2: And that's why I think the opposite, because you're not dealing with real people. You could have all these qualities and show them while you're on the game, but then you put you put you on a job setting, and you just clam up because now you're facing actual human beings and you don't know how to act.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can say whatever you want through that little microphone.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: Repercussions online video gameplay brings out the worst in people, as the worst pace of society and racism, sex, of everything is alive and well on their benefits from this. Yeah, yeah, hey, but no offense.
Speaker 2: If you're a gamer, I love that for you.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, I'm sure everythings gonna work out great. Yeah, great qualities.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Wild for nine The JV Show. Here, I'm Selenam and I'm just happy.
Speaker 3: Wednesday, Tomorrow's Thanksgiving. We're talking about food. Yeah, a lot of food talk obviously Thanksgiving food base. But I want to steer away from that for a minute because I don't know if you guys saw Kraft Heins announce they are launching a brand new flavor of Kraft mac and Cheese. I saw this new new flavor alert and it is Everything Bagel. Now I don't like it. Look, I'm going to read you the line from this article that I read about because I've got just a couple of questions. It says Kraft Heins has announced the launch of and Everything Bagel flavored version of their best selling macaroni and Cheese, reportedly in response to fan demand. But noodle nuts will have to work pretty hard for their dinner. What are noodle nuts? Because I have an idea, what's a noodle nut.
Speaker 2: That's what happens in the winter, right when it gets really cold.
Speaker 3: No, that's a shrinking, shrinking noodle nut. What are noodle nuts? Because I think I know what anyway, never mind moving on noodle nuts. So what they're saying in this article is that, look, like many of these flavor releases that we see, it's not a widespread spread release. You're not going to see it on every store shelf, which like you do. That actual leads me to believe like you're a coward as a food brand. Like, if you really think you've created something good, put that ish out for everybody to try, put it on all the store shelves, and like, well it's only available online. You're only gonna be able to order for five days on Walmart's website, you know, on Black Friday. From this time, it's like, stop it, then, don't make this big announcement and get us to try to talk about it if no one's going to actually get to try the thing. If you think you've made a good new flavor, put that out, put some respect on it.
Speaker 2: Part of me wonders if they're even creating this at all, because when it's only available online, they could easily be like, oh, it's sold out and not even have to put it out, and they're just doing this for the clout.
Speaker 5: And then nobody even talks about it, who reviews it or anything.
Speaker 3: There are some people that maybe got their hands on the box, That's what she said early, because they're the ones that have posted some videos so far and they are giving it very glowing reviews, like this is actually really good.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound good to me.
Speaker 3: It says it's you know, got dehydrated garlic and onion inflecked with poppy seeds and you know some other stuff that Everything Bagel has and it's just all they're mixed in with the mac which leads me to my like sort of next rant about this when we're coming up with new flavors, like this ain't a new flavor Everything Bagel. Everybody has made something now like oh, this is the Everything Bagel version of this salad. Oh, this is the Everything Bagel version that we've done that. How about come up with your own dang new flavor. I'm not mad at that, because it's still it's still kind of new, right, but like, I don't know, to me, it lacks a little bit of creativity, Like, we should be creating new flavors. This to me is like Hollywood, we just let's just go back and remake. You know, we should do Gladiator too, Gladiator one. Like, yeah, come up with a whole new idea, come up with some new mac and cheese that Like, dude, we don't even know what to name this flavor. It's a new flavor we created. It's great. But instead were like, what have we done? Spicy? People have done that everything Bagel? Yeah, let's do everything Bagel, Like this is something new? How do you guys feel about this?
Speaker 2: Unrelated to your mac and cheese gram, but still really exciting news And I.
Speaker 3: Hope it's real.
Speaker 2: The pickle Hot Cheetoso.
Speaker 3: Wait, whoa, I have not seen anything? Are there for it?
Speaker 2: Not out? But I did see it on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Is it for a limited time and you have to order between the hours of four and six pm only if you live in the East Coast Center within ten miles of early twenty five.
Speaker 5: I had some hat Cheetos last night and it just reminded me of how much I love them.
Speaker 3: Major nostalgia, Yeah, nostalgia a lot.
Speaker 1: It's nine The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Waldie for nine the base number one night music station that is US on a Wednesday Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Junior, I don't know if that's a thing.
Speaker 2: Sure, No, I meant to say Thanksgiving Eve. I don't know why Junior came out. I saw Junior, Okay, but it doesn't make sense. It's not like this is a many Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not even make sense anyway, it's where the JV show. I'm Selena, I'm and I'm je. What do you have? All right? Did you guys see the video? I know people are like peep pew old story, but put your pewpw pew cannons back in your trousers for a minute, because did you guys see the video of the single mom? She's semi local. I think maybe Sacramento area. She passed the bar on her very first trive. Wow, did you see this video?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, go look it up because this mom not like this second. But when you have a chance, you know, not when you're driving right now listening, go look up this video and just tell me that you don't like fog up, because I you definitely fogged up. You guys, give me crap all the time, and you didn't cry that movie. This one, I did get kind of overwhelmed with emotions because it's like she's filming herself looking up the results from the bar exam, and her kids are standing there and they're already like they're already emotional, just like waiting for the results. And then the results come in and she's like genuinely so shocked and happy that she won. Then everybody, I mean, it is one big, ugly cry. And I'm telling you, if you can hold back a teer right there, props to you, because I definitely fogged up a little bit. It was just like such a cool, cool moment. Her name is uh Rihanna Gordon, and she talks a lot in interviews that I've seen with her about like what a struggle it was to put herself through law school. She's a single mom of a twelve and ten year old, and we know how hard the California bar is, right, and she went to UC Davis and she graduated their law program and then passed the bar in her first try, which like that to me is incredible. But to be able to do that as a single mom, You're just like, I'm just for her, blown away by this story. Now to the real reason I brought this up. Why couldn't Kim Kardashian pass the bar? A single mom same sort of a scenario, except like limitless wealth could have any tutoring. She wants her kids that she doesn't have to work multiple jobs to take care of her kids.
Speaker 2: At the same time, you brought up someone else who passed and I saw the same story.
Speaker 3: This was late last week.
Speaker 2: A seventeen year old yep made history from like Vizalia or something like that. She passed the bar. She's the youngest person to do what I think. I don't know if that's California or the entire country, but she beat or stole that record from her brother who also passed the bar. And so you're doing this at seventeen, and Kim, it's been like how many years? And she just posted a picture last week of her studying.
Speaker 3: Still she hasn't given this thing up.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad, Like, don't give up. If that's what you want to do, do it. But what is taken so long?
Speaker 3: You know, just asgate do you think she has taken it and not passed and not posted it, possibly because you're not going to post your You're going to control your image. You're not going to post that you failed, because imagine you do it the next time and again, and because look, it does take some people multiple multiple tries to be able to do it. The California Bar notoriously one of the hardest, if not the hardest, in the entire country to pass. There's no way. She posts that this is my fourth time taking the bar.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I wonder if she's tried, and you know, I would that passed her because I feel like there was a time where she wasn't working on it. She was do you know air quotes, focusing on other things. Okay, it's Kanye all that sort of stuff. So maybe that's when she was failing and just didn't want to say anything.
Speaker 3: They say during this round that Rihanna Gordon took hers, this woman that passed single mom that passed it on her first try, and that video of her reacting to it went viral. They say during it's I guess they only do the bar twice a year. By annually, it says only fifty eight percent of people that took it passed during Wow, so that's I mean again, watch the video. If you could not tear up just a little bit. I'm impressed.
Speaker 1: Love that the JV show on Wild ninety four nine, wellby for.
Speaker 2: Nine Happy Thanksgiving Eve for the JV Show.
Speaker 3: I'm Selenaham and I'm Jess Selena. You mentioned that you are taking off and flying to Boston. Yeah, Thanksgiving holiday, which is good news for you, bad news if you are a line jumper and you're flying on American airlines. They are deploying new technology to shame passengers who try to board flights ahead of their designated boarding group. Let me ask. We'll stop there and ask are you one of those people, Selena.
Speaker 2: I've only done it on accident.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, here are the boarding group and I.
Speaker 2: Just saw model of people up behind.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to read the difference between boarding and group three and four.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't hear what's being announced, so you run to the bathroom. You come back and you're like, I don't know where we are, and so you've done it. I haven't cut the line, but I get in line and they're like, hey, it's not your group yet, and they send me back.
Speaker 3: Oh so you do get shamed. Yeah, A lot of times they just wave you right on through. Regardless, you get a dirty look from some people. Jess, who are what kind of person? Are you staying your boarding group? Or Hey, you see an opportunity to squeeze in with the boarding group in front of you, are you taking it?
Speaker 5: I'm the type of person that I'll get up and I'll stand right next to the people that are in line, but I won't get in line right away, but I want to be first once my group is called.
Speaker 3: That's annoying. Yeah you annoyed?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Do you also stand up in the plane lands?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, oh, don't do that all right? We American Airlines says they are rolling out this new tech. When you go to scan your boarding pass, if it is not currently your boarding group there, it's going to sound and alert and then that's gonna alert that gate agent that your boarding passes for a group that has yet to be seated, and they're going to advise you of that and turn you around and send you back, and they will invite the ticket holder to rejoin the boarding queue when your group is being seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like other airlines already do this.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't know because I'm a rule follower and I don't ever jump out of the boarding group. Also, the one thing I've never understood about the stress of all this, and people like Jess are standing up, let me be the first one in the boarding group. What for I have an assigned seat unless it's Southwest, but which they're doing away with at some points to see that because having it, I have a seat, What do I care? Why when I got a race on the plane, someone's gonna be in my seat. I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: Even when the seating is assigned, I still get anxiety going on the flight because I need still put my baggage up in the overhead bin, and I'm afraid there's not going to be room and I don't want I don't want a lot of people on the flight staring at me as I'm struggling to get it up there because I'm so sure it's hard for me to to reach.
Speaker 3: I can't find.
Speaker 2: Any boarding flights for that reason.
Speaker 3: I just have never under I get the I get the rush is oftentimes you want to get a place for your bag. The thing that I have always found though, is that they're like the majority of the time, every flight's full right there, always like our flight is full. It's way overbooked. If you have a carry on, we'll gate check it here. Hell yeah, take my bag, they gate check it, and you walk off the plane. They hand it right back to you. What don't Why are people so scared of this? No, I gotta get my spot in the overhead bin. No, hand it to that dude. He'll take it and he gives it right back to you.
Speaker 2: And get off because you have to wait a baggage claim.
Speaker 3: To get it back. No, not if a lot of times if you get if you gate check, they'll bring They'll put the bags right there on the ramp. Sometimes you walk up.
Speaker 2: That has never happened in my bag, I have to wait a baggage claim, and I ain't got time for that.
Speaker 3: That's why I also think that waiting at the checked bag and people are like, no, I don't have time, Like what did it say of you? Ten minutes? Like I don't know every time I the last few times I've flown, by the time I finally got off the dang plane, I don't know why it takes so long for everyone to stand up and walk off a plane, But that process takes way too long. By the time I've gotten through there and then made my way through some maze of an airport down to the baggage thing. The carousel starts and my bag's rolling out right there, Like, what was my big what was the big hassle?
Speaker 5: I've had other experiences where it takes forever.
Speaker 2: For bags to come out, and I've got the and I'm waiting around. I don't have the time rightw lost.
Speaker 3: To the check bags. You can put bottles of booze in there, all kinds of you don't have to only have a make sure you have a two point six ounce bottle of moisture azer. You gotta throw that away like you don't have to worry about any of that crap. That's true, that part when they charge you for the check bag. Because you're talking about flights.
Speaker 2: I did see something that influencer did mid flight. I don't know if you guys, how you would react to this if you saw this on your plane. I'm gonna share that with you next.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Wealthony for nine and the JV Show Happy Wednesday. I'm Selenam and I'm just so excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow. My god, I can just like taste it now Okay, So we've been talking a lot about traveling because obviously a lot of people don't traveling this week. I'm getting ready to catch a flight right after the show, actually going to Boston. We were talking about airlines, what was it, Graham.
Speaker 3: American Airlines updating their boarding procedure stuff. You try to board outside of your boarding group, it's gonna you're gonna hit with that, and the gate agent's gonna be.
Speaker 2: So be aware if you're a jumper like that. But I did see a video of a fitness influencer who mid flights started working out in the aisle.
Speaker 3: I'll slap you. Are you serious? Because she's got it.
Speaker 2: She's got to maintain her physique. You know, she's on a schedule. She starts working out, she's doing lunges like all.
Speaker 3: Types of stuff. No, I'm annoyed everyone around here. She's like trying to sleep. I'm annoyed. Even if you're just walk taking a walk around the plane, are you guys? Those kinds of people walk around the plane or a really long flight, that bugs me too, because they just people just walk around like looking as if they're looking at the sights like there's nothing to see. We're all crammed into a tin can in the sky. Sit down in your seat and shut up.
Speaker 4: Once I sit, I don't get up until the plane lands, see either.
Speaker 3: How about people that stand just to stretch their legs?
Speaker 2: Is that okay?
Speaker 3: That bugs me because if you're right next to me, I'm getting stale butt right at nose level.
Speaker 4: Oh that's true.
Speaker 3: And like you stand there and then you're talking to the person that you know near you, and then I have to just sit there and look at the back of your stale dockers. You know. So there's khakis that are all they're all cry gross. I don't need that.
Speaker 2: Oh that's disgusting. All right, enough of that. Let's get you to make some the magic mat. It's all thirty four to nine The.
Speaker 1: JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Thanks for hanging out with the JAV Show.
Speaker 1: Grim, What do you have?
Speaker 3: I want to talk about this advice Callumn? Is that what we're still calling him? Do people still call him advice call him? People like write in with their problems? Yeah? Again, surprise, didn't just have a podcast? Put you on my podcast? It should be a podcast, this guy writes. Now listen to this my divorce took a turn when my spouse demanded half the value of our apartment. The problem was we didn't actually own it. Now, he goes on to say, and I don't know how this doesn't ever come up, but she moved in with him, and she just always assumed that he owned his apartment. And he's like, how in the world does she think I could even afford to own this two bedroom apartment that's right in the center of the city, Like what he thought? She just knew that they were renting, and she thought, Hey, my man owns this place. And I guess they never talked about it. I don't know they had couldn't have been veried pay for that long. But I did want to ask you guys this situation because obviously this divorce has gotten mess here now that she's not getting half of something that she thought she was and she's very, very upset about this and upset about the deception. But he's saying, like, she should have known I don't have this kind of money to buy this place, would you, Well, one, if you found out you're not going through divorce, this is the person you are with now, just you're in a long term relationship. Selena, you are married.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Let's just say that you just found out that the place you were living that you thought was owned by your man, he just never really let you know that he's been renting it this entire time and he does not own it. Would you break up with them, Selena? No? But would would you be upset?
Speaker 2: I mean I wouldn't be upset if I never asked him, like, wouldn't you?
Speaker 3: Isn't that something you would ask?
Speaker 5: It's just so surprising that that would have never come up. Maybe at the conversation I never right.
Speaker 3: If anything, I think I would be more upset that. But let's just say he's been deceptive about it the whole time, and like, essentially it's been a lie, Like he's never shot down when you're talking about like, oh my man owns this great two bedroom, you know, apartment, it's beautiful, and he never corrects you. He's just like, let's you pile up. Then I'd be upset. I don't think I would.
Speaker 2: I don't think break up though, because you never asked. I think I'd be more mad at myself for just assuming.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, what if he flat out lied about it?
Speaker 4: Would he lied?
Speaker 2: That's different, because yes, but it's not cheating.
Speaker 3: Why are you lying? He just he just didn't tell you that he doesn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just would have to be a really good reason for lying about it.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, let's just say he was worried that you were going to break up with them, and he just wanted you, you know, to be proud of him. And he's bought this and worked hard and but really he's just a renner. Jess, Would you break up with your man and he's lied to you about it?
Speaker 4: Has he lied? Is that the only thing he's lied about well that you.
Speaker 3: Know of right now, and the other ten women you're not going to find that out till later.
Speaker 4: I don't think I would break up with him over that. I don't think I could.
Speaker 3: What level of upset would you be because it's a pretty big deception. I think upset high level upset, like level ten on a scale of how many to ten? I think, so, wow, so you're like at nuclear war?
Speaker 2: Okay, But I don't think because especially if it's an apartment that I like, like, I'm not going to leave you because I want to live there. Yeah, that's true, Like you're getting kicked out sounds like it's a prime location.
Speaker 3: Sounds kind of nice. Now you can actually now he can actually call the landlord to fix stuff. He's like, oh, thank god, she break up with me? Else can do this? Is that a deal breaker?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a deal breaker, but it would be like shocking, beyond shocking of all the things you're going to lie about, like this.
Speaker 2: Is that this doesn't even matter?
Speaker 3: Then you would call into question all other aspects of your relationship because like, if that part's not real, what else isn't real?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 3: I can see a lot of red flags there. Yeah, but yeah, it's a sweet place. I'm not moving out.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We Anthony for nine at the Base Ember one hit music station, The JV Show. I'm Selena and I'm Jazz Happy Wednesday, Jess, Yeah, Max.
Speaker 5: They are now joining everybody else and they are going to be cracking down on password sharing.
Speaker 4: Do you guys have this platform?
Speaker 2: I did by accident, Okay, I just you got drunk and subscribed.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I think I used it before to watch Euphoria Okay maybe, and I've been paying this for like years. No, I just canceled my subscription like literally last.
Speaker 3: Week, and you know they're gonna put some show in there, like I did that. You, Oh, I gotta sign up for a free trial, like you've had that for two years.
Speaker 2: I was also paying for Peacock alway. I canceled my subscription to that one as well. Like I had all these streaming services that no one cares about, and I was just paying on them free because those are pricey.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think it had oh okay, but still that's a.
Speaker 3: Nice little digital cleanup you were doing there. Find some extra money a month when you're paying for stuff that you don't use, like the gym membership. Yeah, are you still paying for that? Yep? And because this is gonna be the month that I go back, but I've been saying that for the last year and a half. Just cancel it, no, because now I'm finally almost done with this house and I am gonna start going.
Speaker 1: To the gym again.
Speaker 3: And once I'm not one of these people that are like, oh I'm gonna start working out again, bro, you'll see like I actually like my entire adult life, like I work out, except this time that I've been building a house. But I thought I was gonna be done with the house a lot longer ago, so I was like, yeah, I don't need to cancel this membership. I'm gonna be going again soon. And you know, building and remodel, it just takes way longer than you think. Yeah, it's been a few years. So now if I cancel the membership, then I'm going to reactivate it two months. It's gonna save me like one month worth of things. At this point, just paid all the way through and I'm gonna have to go like double days all the way through twenty twenty seven to get my money's worth. Are you Are you actually gonna do that? No, but I'm gonna start going at a frequency that makes it at least feel better that I paid for two years I didn't go. But the longer I stay with.
Speaker 4: Them, the more money you're losing.
Speaker 3: Pe But what am I going to do? Work out at home in my garage? I can't do that.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 4: I haven't been.
Speaker 5: Doing it at all though, So might as well save some of that money and then just never go to the.
Speaker 3: Gym member again. No, I'm pot committed this. Yeah, it's too late. They have all thousands of my dollars. Now I have to go just out of spie.
Speaker 4: Oh if that bothers me so much.
Speaker 2: Max is going to be cracking down a password sharing Yep, Jess, you do you use this?
Speaker 4: I have Max?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: What do you watch on Max?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's all right on there?
Speaker 4: Max has some good.
Speaker 5: Shows, not any that I can think of off the top of my head right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, you're judging me for a membership or something you don't use. You've got the same thing going now. You got to watch two shows a day from here through twenty twenty seven and get your money's working all right.
Speaker 2: Next here on the JV Show, it's a big day for those of you in Pleasanton. I'll explain why.
Speaker 1: Next the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Wild four nine the base number when it music station.
Speaker 3: We are the JV Show. Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 2: I'm Selena, I've Graham, and I'm Jess. Any plans to maybe see Wicked over the Thanksgiving break or over the weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to rule it out. My kids love going to the movies like and that's something we all enjoy doing together. And I never thought that I would have fun going to see like kids movies. Wicked's not I'm not saying Wicked's a kids movie, but you know it's like a family you know. I think it's a family things, right. I think they would like it. I think you should.
Speaker 2: People are going nuts over like the Wicked merch, the popcorn buckets and all that stuff. Like always they're being resold on eBay for like two hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Why one hundred and ninety five dollars? I will never understand it.
Speaker 2: Even like a topper cup, I don't know what that is, a Glinda topper cup being sold for eighty bucks.
Speaker 3: Do these things we sew like a witch hat cup? We see the value? Like go crazy in these things. When they first happened, I mean people were selling Remember when BTS and somebody like did a collab with McDonald's and people were like, oh, I'm selling the sweet and sour sauce from the test meal and I'm selling it for two hundred bucks. Like people were buying the stuff. Where's the market at now? Like fast forward a year or two? Can you turn around and resell that for any money? I think it's worth zero? No one cares. I think all this stuff is worth absolutely zero. Just a rapper from a BTS meal at McDonald's. Two hundred bucks, let me buy that, And then two years later, like, tell me that thing is worth If that thing's worth more than five cents, I'm shocked. Yeah, but must be signed by the artist.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But also the people buying it, I don't think they're buying it to resell it in the future.
Speaker 3: They literally are just just to.
Speaker 2: Keep it, just saying I don't get it sticking.
Speaker 3: On their wall. There, Glinda, the's your name? What's the witch? Glinda?
Speaker 2: Glenno?
Speaker 3: Glinda?
Speaker 2: Glinda is Ariana's character. She's not She's not a witch?
Speaker 3: Got it? Alphaba Alpha? Yeah? Witch? Bless you? Whoa? Okay, I don't know what that.
Speaker 2: Is the Other thing I want to talk about really quick is congratulations pleasant ten. Your cosco opens Today's right, bro. People were camped out since last week when it was raining and it was storming.
Speaker 3: People were outside lined.
Speaker 1: Up the storm again.
Speaker 2: Yes, to be among the first customers. What do they get for free? Well, it's the same thing like in like remember this happened to Napa. I just want to be there because they get like really good deals.
Speaker 3: On some of the Yeah, you're buying some like real bottles, rare bottles. I think there's a lot of bottles with like bourbon and stuff that you're buying a retail price and you can turn around and sell them for like thousands more. I still don't know. Storm again four here camping out there at a flood just to get in there. At some point you're just like, this ain't worth it, although if you'd made it several days, then you're like, I can't quit now, Like we're just gonna walk away halfway through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, thank god it opens today, not after tomorrow. Because would you miss Thanksgiving to stand in line at Costco?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I wonder what you know? People still would and they'll be like remember that year we had our Thanksgiving meal out in front of the pleasant in Costco. Oh, it was the best they had.
Speaker 2: Like tents and the air mattresses out there, Like.
Speaker 3: I will I don't get it. I don't get it. I will never understand it. Count me out. It is over. It's now open. I still haven't been to an Appa cost going. It's great, but then like it was super busy when it first opened, and now I don't want to go Thanksgiving week. It's gonna be so packed this week, and I don't want to go on Black Friday packed again. So when am I going to go nextxt year? Next week? Sometime? Maybe next year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe after the New Year. Yeah, we'll see next. On the JV Show, you want to talk about one of your favorite holidays, Graham, sure, Brown Friday?
Speaker 1: Uh huh The JV Show on Wild ninety four, nine for.
Speaker 3: Nine The JV Show.
Speaker 2: I'm Selena and I'm just happy Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, and then obviously we have Black Friday. But there's a new holiday you're celebrating.
Speaker 3: Graham, Brown Friday. Brown, I remember Brown Friday. This is the plumbing nightmare day. They see it. They see a huge uptick in emergency plumbing calls the day after Thanksgiving, so plumbers refer to it as brown. That's so Friday. You say you have a lot of people over for the holidays, everybody is eating. Your bath is getting a lot more use, particularly people that are on a septic system or whatever. That thing fills up real quick, it starts spilling over next thing. You know, Your bathtubs are filling up with you know what, Yes, that does happen. Yuck, that's disgusting.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: I saw this article though about the most clogged US cities. They say they're revealing this based on past years data, and at Numero Uno in the entire country, Los Angeles the clogged capital of the United States.
Speaker 2: The imagine if it would have said like Napa or Hayward or San Mateo.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Any theories as to why LA. They say they get it a thirty seven percent increase, big big surge. No scratch that, plumbing related searches surged by seventy three percent. I have my numbers backwards there on Brown Friday? Do you think it's in LA?
Speaker 2: There's more people?
Speaker 5: But See, the reason why that doesn't make sense to me is because I feel like everybody in La is on ozembic?
Speaker 4: Is that the reason?
Speaker 5: Or is it because I feel like they're eating? I thought all they eat is like salad.
Speaker 3: I see you're thinking about, like Holly, you're thinking about a tiny little fraction of LA. I mean LA, like the entire metro areas like ten million people or whatever. And I'll tell you what they got aging infrastructure, bad pipes basically, and a lot of burritos. And you mix those things together and next thing you know Brown Friday takes over. Yeah, La number one on those list, Miami number two, Nashville number three. Now back to California, Sacramento number four on the list.
Speaker 2: Wow, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
Speaker 3: Your gross and then right after that Hayward number I'm kidding, I'm kidding, but Sacramento the state capital of clogged pipes.
Speaker 2: Okay, hear me out because you mentioned burritos, Graham, hear me out. Okay, Thanksgiving leftovers.
Speaker 5: In a burrito I think sandwich I.
Speaker 4: Can get behind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, leftover sandwiches are second to the best thing we can make in a wrap it all in a burrito. It's the tortilla that's throwing me. It almost feels like a tortilla is not the proper like taste vessel for that, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm down to try it. I love me and burrito and I love Thanksgiving, so why not?
Speaker 3: And you know me, I like to mush all the Thanksgiving foods together for the perfect bite, which is a you know, percentage of each piece of your plate into one fork and now mix it a burrito. You're getting that, try it. I'm here for the.
Speaker 1: JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Wild for nine, the base number one hit music station, the JV show. I'm Selina and I'm Jess. So we were just talking about brown Friday. Do you want to just recap what that is really quick, Graham.
Speaker 3: It's the day. It's the day after Thanksgiving when plumbers see a large uptick in the number of service calls they get because everybody clogs the toilet after thanks after Thanksgiving me so much. So, it's not black Friday, It's really brown fra Okay, well, this explains it.
Speaker 2: I just saw this article.
Speaker 3: Searchers at Levity.
Speaker 2: I don't really know what that is, but they did a survey to see like how much food people are planning to eat or how many calories I should say, okay, if they plan on consuming. They talked to one thousand people. The average was just over two thousand calories just in that one thanks and that one sitting that one Thanksgiving meal. I believe it fourteen percent were planning on at least three thousand calories. What four percent of people brags that they are expecting to consume at least five thousand calories?
Speaker 3: Do people really know? Though? I like I ate an obscene amount of food at my family's Thanksgiving this past Saturday. I ate a lot, and I ate two plates. The first plate was huge, Oh my god, you monster. Second plate was like medium sized, maybe about half what the first plate was. The first plate was huge. I have no idea. If you told me that was three thousand calories, I'd be like, yeah, sure you told me it was two thousand. If you told me it's two thousand calories, but yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: I guess how do you know? I don't know how many calories are in my hand?
Speaker 3: No idea, Turkey.
Speaker 4: I guess you weigh things before you eat them.
Speaker 7: Who's doing That's weight of food doesn't tell you caloric quantity, because mashed potatoes could weigh one thing that are cooked like in a very healthy way.
Speaker 3: I mean not, there aren't that many super healthy ways, but there's other ways where you have like ten sticks of butter in there, and there's gonna be a lot more calories than the version that has ten sticks of butter in it. You know, I'm just there could be true. The chloric content of food can change. The weight doesn't necessarily tell you that, So I just don't know how Like how you know they must have to base it on like you two scoops of stuff in on.
Speaker 6: Average, it has this many calories that you guys do you guys want to do a way off, not to get not to give our weight out, but if we weigh ourselves before we ate and then after and just see like how much we gained, if if we gained anything.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know I gained or yeah, like like tomorrow, like day, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You got to weigh in ahead. We don't have to give our.
Speaker 2: Weight like you know't to say how much you weigh, but just like the difference.
Speaker 3: See, yeah, I'm game. I know I gained a couple from this past weekend. But this past weekend I had that Thanksgiving me but I'll so I had two days of like drinking and just eating and lots of fun. It was a great time.
Speaker 5: By the way I googled it, apparently some digital food skills do tell you like calories, carbs, fiber, sodium, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: How I know you don't have to be an estimations because they don't know, thank you. Chloric content of fat calories is different than sugar calories is different than you know, there's no way would know it's making It's got to be making a guess, right, Yeah, I think I guess.
Speaker 4: That's as close as we can get.
Speaker 3: Really well. It's like those it's like.
Speaker 2: Those smart scales or you just stand on it. It tells you your water intake and all this other stuff. I'm like, how does it know?
Speaker 3: Like you're just guessing? You don't you don't know that. The only way that they can really I always as I understood the way that they could tell like your percentage of body fat because I did this at a health class in college, is they have to weigh you underwater because fat buoyancy is different than muscle you know buoyancy, And then they weighing you underwater is the only way they can like really give There may be some other methods, now, some weird digital scan stuff, but like that was the most accurate way to give you your percent body fat. They can estimate by like you know, pinching your side, and there's some other ways like that, but the real way was like here's how much you weigh on land, here's how much you underwater, and then they could tell you know, based on bone muscle fat density or whatever that's doing too much. Back then, I had a pretty I was I had a pretty good number, and I was like, yeah, I'm only however many eight percent body fat? Yeah whatever. It was like yeah, yeah, I don't know if that's what it was, but whatever it was, I was on the scale of like the dang, dude, you're hell right next on the JV Show.
Speaker 2: Don't judge me, but I do want to talk about share what It's something really interesting.
Speaker 3: Trust me, you're gonna like it. Okay, it's next the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine nine.
Speaker 2: The base number one hit means extation the JV Show. I'm Selena and I'm just so. I saw this story a couple of days ago, and I was going like, back and forth, do we talk about it because it is Sharon who gives a part, But I still think it's really interesting, so we're going to talk about it.
Speaker 3: I'm just a little confused. Got it.
Speaker 2: So she has this new memoir out right, I know you guys are like dying to read it. Right.
Speaker 3: Of course people still put it out memoirs. I thought people were put podcasts instead instead of a memoir.
Speaker 2: I got a punk yeah podcast, No, this is a you know shares old school. So she has a new memoir called to Share the Memoir Part one?
Speaker 3: Oh, how many is there going to be? You're supposed to share it? Share the memoir, like share this with your friends after you've done reading it, which you never will because it's boring and it's only part one.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So in this she talks about losing her V card for revenge and she was fourteen years old and let me just let me just explain, because you're like revenge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me ask the first question. Huh.
Speaker 2: So she was talking to this neighborhood boy and she says that they would like kiss all the time, right, and she liked him, but he would act different around his friends, like and if it was just the book, like the two of them, he was really cool and he seemed really into her, but once his friends came around, he was like uninterested.
Speaker 3: He was like embarrassed by her. And one time they were all teenage dating. Yeah, that happens.
Speaker 2: And then one time they referred his friends referred to share as that kid. But maybe he was a little.
Speaker 3: Older, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But one day they were gonna go to a restaurant and his friends are like, are you bringing that kid along?
Speaker 3: And no, she was like uninvited.
Speaker 2: Like she got she got ditched that day, So for revenge, she decided to sleep with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'm just a little confused, she said.
Speaker 2: Look, I didn't want to do it up until this point. If I did want to do it, I would have done it one of the other five hundred times he was like begging or asking to But all of a sudden things changed. She wanted to get revenge, so she did that by sleeping with him.
Speaker 5: Showed him that I thought you were gonna say she got revenge by sleeping with somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what he wanted as revenge, which doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why are we rewarding that beach? She said.
Speaker 2: Afterwards, I asked him, is that it? Are we finished? Then I told him to go home and never come back. She says in her book, I wanted him to feel just as dismissed as he made me feel. And then she even said that she believes she got the last laugh because he tried to win her back after that, but she never spoke to him again. Who really won here.
Speaker 3: Well, she sort of won because she didn't get to dismiss him. But but he won first, and in a guy's mind at that age, like that's all you want. Sorry, he already chalked up the W and has moved on and went to go tell his boys about it. Or maybe he didn't up a W chopped up the V. Yeah both. Yeah, I don't quite follow the logic here.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 3: There's ways to like get the revenge. You could be like, come over, yes, I do want to hook up with you and then and then take off all your clothes and then you grab him and run out and leave him naked, you know, or something like that. That would have been better revenge. I don't quite follow the I don't totally follow her logic here, but you know share logic, I guess sure.
Speaker 2: Any interest in finding out more of what she talked about this memorna you know this?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, no, I'm shocked the share is still relevant? Is she relevant?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Well kind of you're talking. You're talking about it right now on the JV Show.
Speaker 2: And like I said, I was very conflicted. I've been sitting on this for a couple of days. I didn't know if we should talk about it. Or not, but it was just too interesting to not Yeah, if that makes any sense anyways, got it?
Speaker 3: How old the share by the way, someone just told them because I'm curious, she's she's got to be north of seventy.
Speaker 4: Right, definitely, I'm going to guess seventy three.
Speaker 3: She's seventy eight, seventy eight. And how old her boyfriend, like, he's like twenty one thirty?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I believe this is Amber Roses and that's the revenge right there?
Speaker 3: Where's the other guy?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 2: It's ninety Yeah, her man Ae is thirty eight years old?
Speaker 3: What in the I needed more explanation about that? Is it for the money? That's what happens when we usually see that wide of an age gap and the genders are you know, reversed. And I did wonder that.
Speaker 2: I saw another report about how her man inspired her to make new music, like of course he would, so you can make him some more money, like you're his sugar mama at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: That gives me the creeps the whole little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four nine, well.
Speaker 2: Then fort nine, the base number one hit music station Happy Wednesday, where the JD Show.
Speaker 3: I'm Selena and.
Speaker 4: I'm jagging Avilaf.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow's Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited it's almost here.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 5: All right, Jesse, you have so etiquette experts are calling out some rude behavior that you bring to Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 4: So let's talk about this. Let's see if you guys do any of these.
Speaker 5: One of the big no nos they say is uninvited guests.
Speaker 3: How do you guys feel about that?
Speaker 4: Because it's Thanksgiving, is that everybody welcome?
Speaker 3: It's a no. Really, wow, you can't. You can't bring somebody that's not invited. You can ask ahead of time, hey can I bring someone, and then they should say okay, yeah, there's plenty of food for everyone. You can't just show up with somebody with a plus one or somebody else that unannounced that you didn't tell.
Speaker 2: Uh, okay, I can see that. I would ask ahead, but it'd be weird to say no, Like you have to know just.
Speaker 3: To be like, yeah, that's true. I've seen the no happen really, like with who, well, you know put it on. Thanksgiving costs a lot of money and there's only a certain you know certain it's very on Thanksgiving light. But I'm just saying I have seen it, like, hey, can so and so come, like, nah, we really only have room for this many people. I've seen the turn away happen.
Speaker 2: Wowow, I can't imagine my family saying no to anyone. Yeah, I would give them a heads up, like, hey, like I'm gonna be with this person.
Speaker 3: Is it cool if they come? It's not my thanks it's not my family.
Speaker 5: For my family, the more the merrier, and if you like to eat, even better.
Speaker 3: But wow, like, it's not my family that did it, is what I'm saying. Okay, Oh were you turned I've seen it happened before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were you the one that was banned?
Speaker 3: No? Okay, okay, I'm just saying it's my family that's turned somebody away, just so we're cleared. Not because that house sounded very judgy. It was not my fa We're.
Speaker 2: All welcome at the Herbert household.
Speaker 3: Yeah saying I have, but I'm just saying I have seen that.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, sound clarify.
Speaker 5: But a few other things on the list of things that are rude to do at the Thanksgiving table using your.
Speaker 4: Cell phone, I feel like this one's not as strict.
Speaker 2: At least everyone has their phone out, not like we're all like actively like using it, but it's it's there.
Speaker 3: Not during Thanksgiving dinner. Really, no way. I had Thanksgiving last weekend. If somebody was sitting there on their phone at that dinner, I would have said something.
Speaker 2: Really. I mean, I think it would be weird if we were just sitting there scrolling. But if I need to, like text, or I'm responding to somebody, or if I'm taking all.
Speaker 3: Your family Instagram, yeah, all your family's right there.
Speaker 4: What do you need your phone out for Instagram?
Speaker 3: Yeah? For insant there should be no phone. There should be no phone on the Thanksgiving tape. I do not agree with that. Wow, that's just weird to me. Everyone just buried in their phone when you could be talking to your family that you only get to see once a year. Like I see my family more than that.
Speaker 5: Yeah me too, Stop stop my family.
Speaker 3: I see my feeling more than that. I see him twice. And to me, it's rude, Like I think it's incredibly rude. Particular like a one like Thanksgiving dinner is different if it's just your weeknight dinner with your family. Yes, I get it. We all see our family more. Some people only see their family once a year. But if it's just a regular family dinner, fine, have your phone out. Okay, Thanksgiving dinner is a special meal in my mind, No, funk.
Speaker 1: I'm glad my.
Speaker 2: Family's not like that because we're like showing each other funny videos or like, look at this meme we're posting to our story.
Speaker 3: But don't you do that before the meal or after the meal? I mean, the meal is happening in.
Speaker 2: The entire time we're there. It's like we don't all like sit down at once in a circle and like talk to each other and take turns and say what we're thankful.
Speaker 3: For conversation out of dinner table?
Speaker 2: Howse you just filled with people when everyone is just wherever they're at. Yeah, it's you guys.
Speaker 3: Don't sit down at a table and there's too many of us. No, it's just like it's a lot more casual. I guess got it. No, we sit down at a table on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: See that's nice. I've always wanted that.
Speaker 3: It's really not that hard. You just sit at a table. You just there's these things called chairs, and they have these things called tables.
Speaker 2: Just sit at over the record, we're not standing eating. There are tables and we sit, but we we're just kind of all over the place, just so you know.
Speaker 4: All right, can we do one more interesting?
Speaker 5: Okay, what about criticizing the food or just saying anything, saying you don't like anything, Well, you guys.
Speaker 2: Do this in my head or cool cousins.
Speaker 3: Okay, Graham, I'm surprised you guys aren't all for this. You guys are all for you know, cell phones at the table. You're so defensive about people. I'm just like, I'm more like shocked that, like you guys are taking aback that like Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving like a like a nice dining experience. So that's why I'm like shocked that, like, you guys aren't all for this.
Speaker 5: But I think it's because your family does Thanksgiving a different way. If my family did a huge Thanksgiving dinner and everybody sits down at the table at once, then I think we would have those same rules. But because everybody kind of eats whenever they want, then it's.
Speaker 3: So you guys don't have any family. You guys ever have like a Christmas dinner. I'm just curious, like, or is everything just more like are there any moments where you sit down here only like sit at a table like and this is the not like like the dinner like Christmas dinner or Thanksgiving dinner. I guess so those are probably the two throughout, So yes and no.
Speaker 2: But it's like we have like the our Christmas Eve like party. But it's like the food's there, like when you come, you just eat when you want to, and you don't when you don't want to, and if you want, you just it's not like do nobody eat until dinner starts and then we all sit down at seven o'clock on the dot. And now it's not like that. It's like a lot more just interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's not everybody that shows up to the party eat. Yeah, like Selena said, eating at once, maybe I'll eat my immediate family and that way, you know, my mom stepped at me, like brother, can all have our own little thing, but then as a whole that doesn't work.
Speaker 3: This is one of the strangest things ever.
Speaker 2: We think you're family strange.
Speaker 3: I mean only like every movie or every TV show they all sit down at a table and eat Thanksgiving or Christmas together, just like on TV. Like that was like such an outlier.
Speaker 4: We don't have a bit enough table for.
Speaker 3: We use like fold We use like cheap ass folding tables when we have more people, like literally we sometimes we put a piece of plywood on two saw horses and then just put a tablecloth over. It's not like it's some fancy ass thing you make it. You just make a table. While you can make a table. You put a tablecloth over anything. It looks nice, that's tru true, it looks fancy.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I'll bite you guys over for a actual dinner.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you guys know how to act not want to go.
Speaker 3: You guys are standing by the kitchen sink, eating off a paper plate. I thought, you know, maybe we just sat down for a meal. But I guess not interesting because.
Speaker 4: Then we wouldn't be able to post to social media.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine