Speaker 1: Yeah, this is WBZ, Boston's news radio, redefining local news.
Speaker 2: Hazy sunshine, mild sixty nine degrees in Boston, very breezy out there. Red flag warning is now up on Laurie Kirby topping our news. The Road to the White House, the Trump and Harris campaign zeroing in today on the Blue Wall stage. Both candidates are coming off trips out West ABC's Rachel Scott.
Speaker 3: With more Former President suggesting former House Republican leader Liz Cheney, who has endorsed Kamala Harris, be put in the line of fire.
Speaker 4: She's a radical warhawk. Let's put her with a rifle, standing there with nine barrel shooting at her.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's see how she feels about it, you know, when the guns are trained on her face.
Speaker 3: Cheney responding on social media this morning, writing, this is how dictators destroy free nations. They threaten those who speak out against them with death. We cannot trust our country and our freedom to a petty, vindictive, cruel, unstable man who wants to be a tyrant.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Vice President Harris made abortion a top issue during her remarks in Nevada. Her campaign is still finding controversy of its own after President Biden made a comment this week that seemed to call Trump's supporters garbage. Registered voters in the Commonwealth you have until the end of the day to vote early in person. Times vary by community. More than a half a million have already done it. Now, if you still have a mail in ballot, remember this it has to be postmarked by election day. Secretary Galvin says you have until eight pm November fifth to return it in person or just drop it in a drop box. These ballots will then be secured in vaults and cannot be counted until the polls close. Join us at eight o'clock Tuesday night when the polls close, both here and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. Now, the economy is one of the driving issues this election cycle, and the last jobs report before the election is out. ABC's Brian Clark has.
Speaker 6: More employers added twelve thousand jobs in October, one month after adding two hundred and twenty three thousand. The cottomists say there are two major reasons for the slowdown, strikes and hurricanes. The Labor Department had previously said that about forty four thousand workers were on strike when the survey was conducted. Cottomists also say the aftermath of Hurricanes Helene and Milton kept growth low. The unemployment rate was unchanged, holding it four point one percent. Brian Clark ABC News.
Speaker 2: Q the beatles. Here comes the sun of the Greater Boston area and now the seventies in Medford's seventy degrees are high today could tie, maybe surpass a record high set back in the seventies of seventy seven degrees. Clear the winds die down tonight and we need that because the state is under a red flag warning.
Speaker 1: It's a red flag Friday for the majority of the Commonwealth. This comes as those who live in and around Lynn try to get the smell of smoke out of their homes.
Speaker 5: I woke up yesterday morning and I thought it was my house was on FAOL, but it was that heavy stump. It's It's ridiculous, it really was, and I hope they get it under control.
Speaker 1: Firefighters continued to fight fires on the north shore and prevent any more hotspots from getting out of control. Locals think they've been doing a great job.
Speaker 5: Good Hello a job, I tell you.
Speaker 1: I give them on credit. Meanwhile, the red flag warning issued for today will remain in effect until seven pm. In Lynn James Rojas w b Z Boston SNOOS Radio, we.
Speaker 2: Have an update on the Pink House. The US Fish and Wildlife Service says they're still tearing it down despite a hail Mary donation offer in the last minute's stay of execution from Governor Healey. Governor Healey tried to pause demolition yesterday while she talked it over with the Service. I came after the Service rejected a million dollar angel donation to save the Newburyport Pink House. Now the Services they push back the demolition a little bit longer out of respect for the Governor. But it's going to come down. It's coming down, and cast deside our rivalry. Lace up those shoes. Boston runners, they're headed to New York.
Speaker 7: It's no secret Boston is a runner city. So this weekend there's plenty of them shipping it south to New York. YEP. The Big Apples Marathon kicks off Sunday. More than fifty thousand runners. Among them is c. J. Albertson, who is finished as the top American at the Boston and Chicago Marathon this year. He's looking to sweep up all three US major marathons, top American honors.
Speaker 4: You know, when you know you can do something because you feel a certain way, when you don't do it, those are the things that are going to elevate your in life that you deep down know you can do. There's still really hard and it's going to take a lot of mental amphysical work to get there. But it's like, but you know you can't.
Speaker 7: US Olympians Connor Mans and Clayton young Stan in his way of snagging the NYC d Marathon. But to the runners of all levels out there, good luck, you got this. Jay will Let to BBZ Boston's news radio, scammers.
Speaker 2: Have been targeting Pbody Municipal light customers. The plant says one of their ratepayers was recently tricked into forking up three hundred dollars in gift cards to a fraudster. The scammer told the woman that trucks were on the way to cut off her power if she didn't pay up, while the light plant in PBT said they would never operate like that. You are now in the loop. For news updates throughout the day, listen to WBZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Laurie Kirby WBZ, Boston's news radio