Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.
Speaker 2: Basketball fans, San Antonio Spurs fans, Welcome to another edition of the San Antonio Spurs Weekly Podcast.
Speaker 1: Witch your boy a fan of the Blackett Silver of over forty years, so much He's got it tatted on his arm and I'm not a gang member. That's right, that's a San Antonio reference. Shout out. Also a former stand up comedian.
Speaker 2: As you can see hey now also a former entertainer and now our host. Here he is Kay Dizzle.
Speaker 1: Thank you mister movie Phone for another tantalizing, exciting introduction to the world of the San Antonio Spurs Weekly Podcast with your boy Katie. Welcome everybody wherever you may be listening from, whether it's Guambed, Africa, Australia, Great Britain, Canada and the good old United States. Thank you guys for following the San Antonio Spurs Weekly Podcast over the last two years. We pride ourselves on being a fan, delivering news and telling you how we feel about certain situations. Some of the things that we bring you our analysis from other people in the NBA and throughout the world of sport. Do not blame us for anything we bring here. To the show. All right, it's fans having fun and that's what we like to do on our show. And with being a fan over forty years, I've seen a lot of good, the bad, and the ugly of the San Antonio Spurs and it's getting better. The rumors of Janis aka Patumbo coming to San Antonio is what drew you to this podcast, right, We've seen it all weekend long throughout the NBA in news reports some of you local guys here in San Antonio on YouTube out to the baseline bum shout out to TSR Sports and also shout out to the San Antonio Spurs reporter on x who I really believe in because this man brings a lot of great knowledge to us via x It's Spurs reporter on Twitter. We're going to try to have him on the show once a month starting the regular season to bring us news and sports reports from the world of the San Antonio Spurs before it even hits ESPN or your favorite podcast outlet. But big shout out to all the Spurs family out there, and man, it's getting heating up here in San Antonio, is it? It really is. We're hearing the rumors of janis Aka Patunbo coming to the Spurs. Some of you guys really like our video on YouTube right now about Gianni's coming here. Over forty one thousand of you have clicked and liked on that. Give you guys a round of applause. If you haven't followed us on YouTube, yeh, please make sure you do. We deliver NBA memes and fun on there. Some quick reports from time to time as well that San Antonio Spurs Weekly Podcast with Jiboy Katie and by the way, don't spell out with Jiboy Katie, just put san Antonio Spurs Weekly Podcast with Katie. Follow us on YouTube and Instagram as well. A lot to get to here in the show today, of course, this is the day we get to find out where the San Antonio Spurs will be in the NBA Draft lottery. We feel it, Spurs fans, don't you.
Speaker 3: Oh, you hear the electric guitar from the eighties, You know it's in the air tonight, because tonight we get to see if the San Antonio Spurs will shock the world again.
Speaker 1: Into becoming a lottery team. A lot of people call it hogwash, a lot of people call it rigged. If the Spurs get another number one p or even two top ten picks. Right now, we're on the outside looking at at number eight and number fourteen, I believe are the picks and we can get some solid picks to solidify our future. But to get that one pick, everybody's talking about Cooper Flag. Could the Spurs land Cooper Flag. Cooper Flag was here for the March madness, he worked out with the Spurs and he can feel it. Phil Collins Ken, can you oh Lord is right? If the San Antonio Spurs land another number one pick? Oh Lord is right? What will the Spurs do with them? Should they keep the number one pick? What if they land a one and a four pick? Then I'll be honest with you, I'm a Spurs fan of forty years. I've never seen it. Then it's definitely rigged. It is definitely ripped. But what if we can land the number one spot and then maybe land like a twelve or get our fourteenth pick. What do you think, Spurs fans, that we should do with that? We would love to see you guys comment. Actually on our YouTube page. You can comment on any of the videos, especially the ones about Cooper Flag or Yanasaka Patumbo. We would love to see you comment. We'll give you a shout out on the show as well. We're gonna talk about that in a minute. A lot of you guys out there in the world of podcasting for the Spurs are baseline bums TSR Sports and many of you others too, and some of you guys like us, have put all over social media that you're getting pictures of Cooper Flag in a number two jersey. I don't see that happening. So let's be realist on this show. And that's the part about our show. We try to bring that nobody else does. We as Spurs fans, have got to be real. It's the younger generation. I'm gonna be honest with you, guys. Keeps it real, all right, you're the ones that want it right then and now you want to see us bring in Lebron James yanasaka Patumbo and just make the Superstar team and only win two titles in five years. The NBA is tough. There's a lot of teams out there vying for this championship and a lot of up and coming teams that nobody's paying attention to. For instance, look at the Indiana Pacers. We'll talk about them in a moment. We'll go over last night's games. We'll get you prepped for Monday nights games as well. Here in the NBA playoffs, it's been a phenomenal playoffs, even though San Antonio hasn't been around. So many blowouts, back and forth, back and forth, it's been really interesting to watch. And we'll talk a little bit about those Pacers, who have got to be the most underrated underdog team in the playoffs right now. And I love underdogs. I mean, look at us, we're San Antonio Spurs fans. We're generally underdogs, right We just got spoiled with all those titles back in the day, we really did. But talking about the NBA draft here, I really think that the San Antonio Spurs have a big opportunity. But man, if they can get those top two picks, do you trade them? I mean, we have future picks in the bag to continue to develop this team for the future. We have players right now playing in Spain overseas, like Juan Nunez, who would be a really nice piece to somebody else's team we could trade. We have other players that we haven't seen play yet, like Riley Minnix and Harris and Ingram. These guys could be really good players elsewhere for somebody in a trade scenario, for somebody like Janis Akapatumbo. Let's talk about Yianis a little bit. Chris Minnix from SI Sports of Course, Sports Illustrated was on the Rich Eisen Show last night. He has in pretty interesting takes about where Yannis could land in San Antonio fans, right now, I want to let you know if this prediction comes true, we're in trouble. We're in trouble. I believe we need to solidify somebody that's going to fit our tea team for years to come. Yanas could be that fit a lot of you guys out there. I saw a couple of reports. There was one guy on the baseline bump saying, I think he's a horrible fit what yanis and Wemby, who's gonna get by them on defense? The length alone, you could have Wemby go to the bench when he needs a rest, Yannis comes out and that Lenth is still there. They're not going to get into the paint. We saw when Wemby's out of the game, teams were scoring on us. That will and the paint with somebody like Yannis. They're helping Wemby become that player of the future as well. Man, I mean, I just think it would be a good fit for the Spurs. But what would we have to give up? According to Chris Minnix of Sports Illustrators, you'll hear here in a moment, keep in mind, Luka Donnich, the Dallas Mavericks wanted seven first round picks. Would you do that? Spurs fans? We have a lot of picks in the bag, but we'd have to give up a few players like a Devin Visell, maybe like a Harrison Ingram. Couple players they could use now, but then they would have players in the future to build their team in Milwaukee. Let's check out what Chris said on the Rich Eiland Show.
Speaker 4: Right now, what are the Bucks do now? Just check in with Giannis every day heat check hopefully not Miami heat Check, but you know, like, what do we do here?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you this is interesting because to my knowledge, there have been no substantive conversations between the Bucks and Giannis about the future. The dust is still settling on all this, and they want to rightfully, they want to give time for temperatures to cool. But it just seems like we're heading towards an obvious parting of the ways for a couple of reasons. One, Yannis is never going to be more valuable to all the other twenty nine teams because he's got two guaranteed years left in his contract. So it opens it up to everybody, not just a team. Like you know, if you're a small market team, you're not acquiring this guy afraid that he might say, you know, I'm not signed an extension. I'm going to go play for the Necks.
Speaker 1: Of the Lakers.
Speaker 5: So you've got a window here. And if you're the Bucks, you've got teams out there potentially that could make you these massive offers. This is where the Bucks and John Horst I think, need to be aware. You've got to be able to smell desperation, right Like in the last ten years, they've been a couple of scenarios where teams have smelled desperation and hit home runs. The Boston Celtics when they smelled desperation on the Brooklyn Nets and traded away Paul Pierson KG and got all that package back in return. And the Oklahoma State thunder when they smelled desperation on the Clippers and got Shay Gildas, Alexander and four hundred and seven first round draft picks. I think there could be the same whiff of desperation off a couple of teams this year. I think Houston number one is a team that you know, saw what they were with with this group, that's what they wanted to do that will collect data, figure out what they're they look like. I think they realize Jalen Green probably not the guy that can lead them to a championship. They've got Jalen Green, and they've got all of Phoenix's draft capital for the next couple of years, which is going to be really valuable. That's one team Oklahoma City right now down oh one a lot to go a long way Togo in that series. But if they bow out in the second round for the second year in a row, they may start to get a little bit desperate. Because Shay Gildess, Alexander is young, but he's not that young. Lou Dort is young, but he's not that young. They're not a bunch of a whole bunch of twenty one year olds like that have a long, long, long runway. They're a team with its star in his prime, coming off a probable MVP season. They're a team that could make a huge offer. And if I'm Milwaukee and I can choose between offers of Jalen Green and a bunch of good draft picks and maybe all the draft picks that Oklahoma City has to offer in Jalen Williams, who I think could be James Harden two point zero. Like I think if you give Jaln Willim room to blossom, he could be a superstar in this league. I think he has that much talent. If you have an opportunity to pit two teams against each other in a bidding war for your star to get the rebuilding package of those other teams I mentioned got, I think it's malpractice not too aggressively go out there and do it.
Speaker 4: So when you say honest has never been more attractive to all twenty nine teams, you're saying the Bucks won't just call one team and say where thing you're trading him and.
Speaker 1: Just to you? Isn't that interesting? Spurs fans san Antonio. Not even in the breath of Chris Minnix. They also had somebody else on Rich Eisen Show the other day and he said San Antonio would be the long shot, which is very interesting to me. Now, the only way that makes them not the long shot is tonight if we find out we have maybe two top ten picks. How is that not enticing to somebody? However, you did hear what Chris have to say. I want to know what you guys think as well. Again, please comment on our YouTube page on any video, any video and just say hey, I heard the show. I heard Chris Minnick said that Yanis is not coming here because of AB and C. Would love to talk to you guys as well. On there. Chris did come across and say the following that Yannis could still stay in Milwaukee. One of the other reporters said the same thing as well, that Yanis could stay in Milwaukee and be one of those players that stays on a team for twenty years and wins maybe two, maybe three championships and goes down as you know, a city for folklore legend, you know, like our David Robinson, Tim Duncan, so on and so forth, but spurs fans. Here's the scary thing. He has two years left on his guaranteed contract. Chris brought it up with a small market team like San Antonio. I know what you're saying. We're not small market. We're small market. We're not LA we're not New York, We're not Orlando, we're not Chicago, we're not Boston. We're a small market team.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: We always have been. We've always played that way. Would you take that risk? Would you take that risk? With him possibly saying ah, I'm not too sure. Now, if you're Yannis, you're looking at the situation in San Antonio, say you sign for the two years and you want a contract extension. After seeing what happens in San Antonio two years on a team, you get close, you sniff the finals again, You're like, this team has got something. Tiaran's playing great, Wemby's coming into his prime, say into year five. Ooh, we've got a couple good players that are playing off the bench. There, Julian Champanee's playing great, Jeremy Sohan playing great, A couple of the draft picks are playing well. Now I think this team could win a championship if I stay in San Antonio. Now we talk about contract extension. One of my worries was and a lot of you guys brought this up to me, and I want to kind of give you guys definitely a round of applause on this one because you set me straight. See, I'll let you know when I'm wrong. A couple of you guys on our YouTube page said, we have plenty of money and we have plenty of picks. We can reorganize everything. It scares me though, for the future down the run. Say in ten years we'll be back in the same situation. If we have to resign Wemby to multimillion dollar contract, which we will dearon Fox is gonna get some top money. Then if you bring in somebody like Giannis and in two years we have to resign him. Can you imagine if we have to resign him right after we resign Wemby the money package in San Antonio, man, you better hope you have a really good money manager here in San Antonio to do just that. However, you just gave up two top picks as well. This is tough in San Antonio. I know a lot of us want to see Gianis here, but I'm looking at the future. I see San Antonio as that team like Oklahoma City. We have all the pieces and plays. We have the youth to have a really good team for years to come. Now the flip side of this coin, let me play Devil's advocate real quick. What if Okase he takes them? What if Houston takes them? We're in trouble in our conference. We're in trouble. So do we take Gianas so he doesn't go to these teams so we can solidify us. Man, it is going to be a very interesting off season with Janasaka Patubo in the NBA alone just here in San Antonio. But again, tonight, come on, come on, come on, this is it, Spurs fans. This will determine our off season. The NBA Draft lottery tonight, and you know, the Spurs. What if we get flag at one, the league will cry, fans will cry Spurs. But nothing is set in stone in the NBA. Injuries, health concerns and more. You don't know what could happen to the Spurs team. That's why I think we're excited for next year, aren't we, Spurs fans? We really are. We're ready and we are prepared to see what happens next. And speaking of what happens next, let's take a little look at the future of what the Spurs should really need. The one player that keeps coming up in the Spurs locker room and name is nas Reed. He's having a good playoff run, which is scary to us Spurs fans because we're like, no, no, no, no, don't don't do that, because now we got to pay you more money. But he seems like a good pick. I think the kind of the lion in the grass we should be watching for as somebody like Steven Adams in Houston. We talk about this a lot. We just need one of those players. We need one of those players. Maybe re sign Chris Paul to another two year deal. Keep what we have. I like the team we have. When we're healthy, we can score. We have not given this team an opportunity to flourish with their health. Let's call a spade. Is paid Wemby out last year, dearon Fox. We got knowing he needed surgery all of a sudden, Dv's out for a few games. When your old men on the bench are playing more than you're young, guys, you are injury riddled. Harrison Barnes, Julian Champagne, Chris Paul eighty two games. We know the story. This is crazy, right. We have not been healthy all at once, and we're not going to keep beating a dead horse on that. But I think we need to look at players that are possibly like a nas Reed Steven Adams, if we can lock down maybe one more shooter. You know who's out there. I was talking to some of you Houston fans. A guy that's not being used right now is Reed Shepherd, a guy that was talked about in the draft last year for the Spurs. If we were able to trade for a Reed Shepherd for a couple future picks, I'm sure Houston would do that. But I think the unsung hero on the bench you're gonna hear his name a lot this year is Riley Minnis. Riley Minnicks has been traveling with the team toward the end of the year. He has a great shot from the outside. He had a really good CHI League performance this year. But he's also a free agent, so if the Spurs resigned him to a two year deal, pay attention to Riley Minnix this year. Let's pay attention to the NBA playoffs last night. Let's start with the good and the ugly. That's basically what these two games were last night the Indiana Pacers, depending on how you look at it. By the way, the Indiana Pacers last night put up an eighty spot in the first half on the alleged one of the best defensive teams in the NBA, and Cleveland got it's full strength back and they were getting blown out. This was a case of one team was hot and one team was not. It happens in the NBA a lot. We've seen it here in yeah, San Antonio a lot Spurs fans where one team just comes out hitting threes and we're like, we can't come back from this deficit. And I even told my family last night, we're watching the game. I watched it through about five minutes into the third, but at halftime, I said, you know, Cleveland's going to make a run. This game is going to be under twenty. And that's just the way it is because you don't want to play your players all the way through. Pacers want to close this series coming up. They're up three to one. Now they are the biggest underdogs in the NBA playoffs. I love it. Now. We picked Oklahoma City and Cleveland. We picked Oklahoma and City or now Oklahoma City and the Celtics at the beginning of the year. Sorry, we didn't think Cleveland would go there. They don't have that playoff experience yet. And you're gonna go up possibly against a team like the Celtics, and that ain't even a given. Right Knicks fans, Knicks fans, you have been coming out and tonight you guys will get an opportunity at that game tonight too. The playoffs have been very interesting. But going back to talking about possibly Oklahoma City landing Yannis aka Patumbo, what if they threw somebody in there like a chet Holmgren injury riddled the last couple of years, hasn't had a great playoff run. He seems like the one that doesn't fit with the team right now. Harkenstein is amazing. God it was the Spurs would have landed him. Dort is awesome, SGA Jalen Williams. I think if you move Holmgrin out, Jalen will blossom. Like Chris Mannix said from SI, I think that's where you'll see him. But last night Oklahoma City tying up that series against Denver ninety two to eighty seven in the Battle of the MVPs. We started the show today with who is your pick? Katie and I kinda pulled the Politician review and said, well, let's move on to something else. Well, we're not gonna move on. Who do I think should have won MVP? Well, I'm an SGA guy, but not for MVP. Ooh, I just kind of threw a boomerang at you guys right there. Honestly, I like SGA's game. I love the way he plays like an old school guard. He reminds me of a taller Isaiah Thomas type player. He can shoot the ball, mid range, pass the ball, great handles. I like SGA. He's fun to watch and he's also somebody that takes over a game. And I didn't realize that until we played that clip with Chris Mannix that SGA has been in the league for a while and so he's not super young, but he's not super old. So that's an interesting piece there that he brought up in that If you didn't get a chance to check that out, rewind, go on back and listen to that interview with Chris Mannix from SI But SGA last, I mean, it was a struggle, wasn't it. It was a battle of two games Indiana looked amazing on the scoring front, eighty in the first half, and Denver and OKC couldn't even put up twenty five points in the first quarter last night. This is the playoffs, though, this is a battle. It is a grind, a lot of bump and grind. And this is what I like this year. A lot of you younger players that are floppers out there and are being taught to flop Tyrese Haliburton and others. I'm not just calling you out. That Indiana game had a lot of flops. And then you can see how Lebron's game has really really changed the landscape of the NBA when it comes to the flopping. And I know what we're saying here in San Antonio. It was Manu Ginobili, Mano, we love you, but you pretty much originated to flop, all right, So you're you're in that conversation too, But if you want to discuss or defend yourself, feel free to come on the show, give us a holler. But you see a lot of these young players flopping these days, but the NBA Playoffs this year are letting them play. You see a lot of hitting and bumping and grinding and rebounding, and I love it. I absolutely love this. It reminds me of nineties playoff basketball. A lot of you guys don't like it. I love seeing the ninety two eighty seven games, but I also love seeing blowouts as well, like we saw in the Pacers. So this has been a very good, interesting playoff run as we all know now. Of course, taking a look at the up and coming NBA playoff schedule tonight Monday night, and of course if some of you guys check this out a little bit later, of course you guys will be kind of a little bit behind. And we released the show a little bit late here today tonight. The one we all want to watch probably is the New York Knicks versus the Celtics. We said this last week. We really agreed with Shaquille O'Neil on Inside the NBA. He said that if Jalen brun And can go for forty every night, this is going to be a tough series for the Celtics. Jalen Brunson has been just that, a Brunson burner. I love watching players like this. I love watching guys who take over a game and say when we need a bucket I'm gonna get it. I love seeing that. I love seeing earlier in the series that Jason Tatum tried to take that final shot but the Knicks defense shut them down. Loved it. I absolutely love that. This is an amazing series. This will probably go all seven, and tonight you can catch live action on ESPN at seven thirty PM for Game four. The Knicks are up to one. This is going to be awesome in the New York Knicks, I could say, facing the Indiana Pacers and could you see that that run right there? Both teams nitty gritty, both teams really wanting it. You see Cleveland and the Celtics are expecting it because they're the number one in the number two seeds. That's how they're playing right now. What we deserve it, We're supposed to be here. Well, you got two teams that are crawling up your dairy aar and trying to make a run for the NBA finals. That's the Knicks in the Pacers a little bit different in the West though, just a little bit different over in the West. OKAC trying to prove themselves against one of the defending champions and MVP candidate. MVP in the past Nikola Jokic, who, by the way, I know, I know you guys are saying you didn't even pick. You didn't even pick. You got away from the SGA thing again, Who is it, Kadie? Who would you have picked? Nikola Jokic? Anybody who is averaging a triple double I believe should be the MVP, especially the numbers he puts up. He should have been MVP this year. And do you know that most teams that have the MVP in the regular season don't win the NBA Finals. We really haven't seen a lot of that, So that's a scary thing when SGA is the MVP. But tonight we got a couple games on the slate. Of course, you got the Knicks and the Celtics, and then we're gonna get a chance to check out Minnesota and Golden State. Now this is one where everybody's like, eh, a six and a seven seed. Timberwolves probably could have been a three seed. They probably should have been where the Rockets were had a bad run in the middle of the season. But right now, Anthony Edwards has an ankle injury, and of course Steph Curry is not returning from reports, what does Golden State. Do you need to go to Jimmy Butler. Jimmy Buckets needs to be the guy that he was in the Miami Heat playoff run when they made the NBA Finals. He needs to be that guy. Jimmy seems like when he's come over from Golden State. I just want to be a role player. You can't be the role player right now, Jimmy. You got to be the one that steps up and got to be the one that's gonna give you twenty five thirty points. You gotta be that guy. I want to see somebody like a Jonathan kaminga step up. He needs to be a guy he can score. He just needs to get inside and batter and bruce the Timberwolves. You have to The outside shooting is not going to be there for Golden State. It won't be there. Pa sed Nick is not going to do it. Although I like him too, he's a good young player. But we need to see somebody like Jimmy Buckets step up and do just that. Draymond Green needs to continue to batter in, bruce down low and take out Rudy Gobert. It just has to happen. But I believe Minnesota is gonna take this series in five. I believe Minnesota is gonna win this one tonight. They just got the better talent. They've got the better talent. Jaden McDaniels, Anthony Edwards, Rudy Gobert, I love Devincenzo. I just think they've got the better team. So tonight, some great action in the NBA continuing the playoff runs. But the question is, I know y'all are gonna be watching, We're gonna be ready, We're gonna feel it in the air tonight. Clothes on this by the way, you know that, right? Yeah, tonight for the San Antonio Spurs. Where will we be in the NBA Draft lottery and if they are in the top ten, we will broadcast again tomorrow. As a matter of fact, we may do a live on our TikTok page. Follow us on Podcaster KD. Podcaster KD. We'd love to talk to you guys over there live, and we would love to talk to you guys live. We'll start doing some shows over there. Big night for the Spurs, big night for the NBA as the playoffs continue, and a big shout out to the San Antonio Spurs and their management getting ready to make some major moves in the offseason and a big shout out to you guys. Thank you guys for listening. We love each and every one of our members of the Spurs family. Remember, no matter what happens tonight and in the future, let that black and silver blood run through your veins and go Spurs, Go,