Speaker 1: So, as I mentioned earlier, I had the fortunate opportunity a you Jehnor to drop the ceremonial first puck at the UBS Arena before the game before Tel Aviv and Jerusalem yesterday, something that the National County Executive Bruce Blakeman did last year. Bruce, as I said, I saw him again yesterday, him and Mazi Pillip Long Island. Well we represented out there at the UBS Arena. Bruce look great, but of course not a great day for a love Long Islanders yesterday. If you look at the stands yesterday, they were about handfull of thousands of people that expected to come to UBS on Sunday to go to the game couldn't make it in because of the Long Island railroad strike. Now it's a Monday morning even worse, three hundred thousand people trying to get to work in New York City.
Speaker 2: They got no way in.
Speaker 1: So there was Bruce talking over the weekend, of course, running for governor against the wretched, evil witch that is Kathy Hokeel, talking about what a terrible job she's done. He's exactly right, and we are this morning to have him on the biggest story in the city today, the Long Island Railroad is on strike. I don't know why. And here's my friend Bruce Blakeman. Bruce, good Monday morning, Buddy, how are you good morning?
Speaker 3: Said, doing well? Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you are.
Speaker 1: You talked about it over the weekend, This strike that Kathy Hokeel has allowed to happen, She's blaming you, She's blaming President Trump. She'll probably blame me. Any Republicans gets blamed for this mess. Why is Long Island Railroad even on strike?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, the MTA is part of state government, not county government, so Kathy Hockel is in control of the MTA. This is a failure of leadership by Kathy Hockel. These negotiations have been going on for months, and I'm told she hasn't taken part in any of the negotiations. Union leaders have told me that she's been distant, that she's been aloof that she hasn't paid attention to it. And you know, I don't blame the union leaders when they say to me, Look, she's saying she doesn't have the money for our workers. But she gave out eight billion dollars over the last three years to illegal migrants. Who aren't New Yorkers. They're not even Americans. They've been here for fifteen minutes, and they get all the money and she's not giving it to New Yorkers. So that's why they're on strikers because they're saying, hey, look, if you can't pay us a little more, why are you paying all the money to people who aren't New Yorkers. It's not right and they have a good argument there. I feel that, you know, the workers, they want to go back to work. But again, Kathy Hopel has been AOL.
Speaker 1: Can you explain to me again this is an ASOL county executive. He'll be our next govenor here, Bruce Blakeman, she's blaming Trump. I'm trying to figure out, I guess, in terms of the mediation process, how does President Trump get blamed for this obvious Kathy Hochal New York blunder Well.
Speaker 3: I don't know how she can do it. I think she probably would blame him for the bubonic plague if she thought she could get away with it. But he has nothing to do with the negotiations with the union. There are federal panels that make recommendations. They made recommendations to Kathy Hokeel, and she didn't follow those recommendations. So, if anything, she's the one that's not following the recommendations of a federal railroad panel. She is somebody who is completely out of touch, and that's why we're at this point right now. I really feel bad for the commuters. I feel bad for the small business people who are going to lose business today. I've already heard from people over the weekend that have been stuck at the airport couldn't get a railroad ride home. This is going to be tough, and it's all because of Kathy Hockel.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: And as far as I know, Bruce, you know better than me. I've been told that they're not miles apart. I mean, it's not like there's no way they can do this. I've been told that it's actually very close what the two sides want. So why would you put New York Ankers do this pain if it really.
Speaker 2: Is that close?
Speaker 3: Well, again, she had five and a half billion dollars for Zorn Montdamie to close his budget gap without any controls, with any strings attached to it. I mean, New York City, they don't have a revenue problem. They have a spending problem. So does New York State. And again, when you give eight billion dollars away to legal migrants, it's hard for uniony leaders to go back to their members and say, well, the state doesn't have the money. The members say, hey, if they don't have the money, it's because they gave it away to legal migrants. That's not right. And they've got a good argument there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, legal migrants, like you said, and yeah, eight billion dollars she found for Zora on Mom Donnie last week. Four billion a year for the next two years. I was talking to Brian kill Meat. I'm a mutual friend over at Fox News. He's on my show every day here as you know, Bruce, and he said, this may be a great opportunity for Bruce Blakeman. He also loves you. He lives in Nassau County. He said, sid, first time in thirty years, I'm not being able to get home later this afternoon. He said, maybe this is a good opportunity for Bruce Blakeman to actually mediate this.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 3: Well, if I were governor, there would be no strike because I would have been negotiating all along. I would have gotten actively involved, and they wouldn't be able to make the argument about me about the illegal migrants, because I would never make this a sanctuary state. I would never elect I would never allow billions of dollars to be spent on people that weren't New Yorkers. That's our taxpayer dollars. There'd be spent on people. All they have to do is arrive. They get free housing, free food, free transportations, a free cell phone. That wouldn't happen with Bruce Blakeman as governor. I would spend the money on the people. I would cut taxes, cut your utility costs in half, and create jobs in economic development, better jobs for people with higher weights and better benefits.
Speaker 1: I mean, you look at the last couple of weeks, Bruce, and you've been gaining on horror quite a bit the last couple of months. You know, you started out nearly thirty points behind. Now a lot of the polls that actually count, right, not these bull crop liberal polls, have you single digits back. And you look at again a couple of days ago, herre giving all that money to mom Donnie. New Yorkers don't like that. The Long Island Railroad on strike, New Yorkers don't like that her constant bitching about President Trump has nothing to do. I mean, you got to think that the last couple of weeks have been great weeks for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, we have a lot of momentum. Said, with the utility costs seventy percent higher than the national average, and she's directly responsible for that, with economic development number forty one out of fifty states, which is a national embarrassment for the former Great Empire state with the highest tax state in the United States. People are miserable, and now they're miserable about the safety and security. Throw on top of that the strike, Throw on top of that, the corrections officers strike, Throw on top of that the nurses strike. She's not in control of government, and government is now out of control. They're spending money at crazy levels. People have had enough.
Speaker 2: Bruce.
Speaker 1: I thought you said a really smart thing over the weekend, too, right. I mean, another thing that she did to this city, which she boasted about for a while, but now everyone knows it's not working. Everyone that's congestion pricing. You said, Hey, Kathy, sweetheart, if you're already screwing New Yorkers that can't get to work if they have to drive in. Now they have to drive in, you would have a lot of balls to charge them nine plus dollars for congestion pricing. The least you can do is to spend that tax, that punitive charge until you fix the strike. I thought that was brilliant. I don't think she'll do it, but I thought that was a great idea.
Speaker 3: Bruce, Well, you know, that's the least she could do because now you know, not only do people have to get up two hours earlier to drive into the city, but they have to pay that nine dollars to drive downtown. And she has the ability to waive that, and she should because it's you know, you talk about this state being affordable, this is the most unaffordable state in the United States, and Kathy Hoak has made it that way with taxes, congestion pricing, all these add on fees, degree and energy scam. So the least she could do is waive it during the strike. But she won't do that, and she won't do it because she doesn't want to do it. She doesn't want to help out common middle class New Yorkers who have to get to work.
Speaker 1: So is there going to be a meeting today, Bruce, with maybe you and edwal Maine out of Selfon County, somebody to figure out some contingency plans to try to help your constituents trying to get to work in New York City today.
Speaker 3: Well, we're doing the best we can. So we're adding on additional buses for our roots. We're opening up our parking lots at all of our parks or car pooling. But there's not much we can do because again, the railroad is something that over three hundred thousand commuters depend on daily and we need that railroad open. Kathy Hokle should have been bargaining all weekend. I don't know what she was doing all weekend, but she should have been at the bargaining table negotiating with the union, and she should have tried to strike a deal last one.
Speaker 1: Bruce, again, I mentioned at the top of this conversation, I saw you yesterday at the UBS arena, you and Mazzi Pillop and it's always a gracious and beautiful and people love you. They're going nuts in the arena, and you did a nice press conference and ers and signing autographs. Really is a great event. I didn't go last year. Yesterday it was the first time I've been to this second anual Tel Aviv Jerusalem game, and it was right there in your County Ubs arena. That was a good time yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was a great time. People were having a lot of fun. It was a good athletic competition, and there was a spirit of good feelings towards the state of Israel, America's number one ally now. So yeah, it was a great feeling for everybody. It was a good athletic competition too.
Speaker 2: Really was a pretty good game. One more on Israel.
Speaker 1: So, in all likelihood, our mutual friend who you are with for like ninety minutes less than two weeks ago in the Oval Office, the Great President Donald J. Trump, it looks like we're getting ready to restart this thing. Iran is not responding. I know you're not surprised either, am either as Trump. So most people predict Wednesday or Thursday we're going back in and what that means is it could be a long couple of weeks again for the people in Israel.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you know, the president, he doesn't want to put our soldiers in harm's way. He wants to do everything possible to try and not have the soldiers go in and fight again. But he's left with no choice. We can't let Iran get a nuclear weapon. That would be a danger to everybody in the world, but especially here in New York. We saw what they did on nine to eleven. They're perfectly willing to say, sacrifice their own lives to kill three thousand New Yorkers. They would do it for three million New Yorkers and think nothing about it. The leaders ev Rad could kill three million Americans and go to bed and not miss a wink of sleep. They have no conscience. They're evil and they would do that. And they cannot have a nuclear weapon. So I support President Trump.
Speaker 1: And if you kill Kathy, on me too. And when you kill Kathy Hulkel, you've done a great job with this too.
Speaker 2: Bruce.
Speaker 1: You know you do what I do. You go to Hokeel and Mam Donnie. I think Mam Donnie needs a little bit of a history lesson he he's really a coward and a creep. Hectly purposely put out a video this weekend about knack ba Day, which nobody in New York knows what the hell this guy's talking about. But he purposely did it on Shabbat, on the Sabbath to really stick it to the Jews. And clearly, Mam Donnie needs a history lesson as to what really happened in nineteen forty eight, won five Arab nations, five of them attacked Israel, and Israel defended themselves and do what the always do, They kicked their asses. That's what happened in nineteen forty eight. So I'm not sure what knock bad Day is, but I thought it was pretty grotesque of this mayor to come out looking for Palestinian sympathy and really rewrite history and do it on Shabbat this weekend. Your thoughts on Mamdani.
Speaker 3: Well, he's disgraceful. He's an anti Semite. And I got to tell you, whether you're Jewish, whether you're Christian, it doesn't matter. When I travel around New York City, there's buyer's remorse. People are young, people are coming up to me and telling me this guy hasn't done a thing that he said he would do. It's more affordable now to live in New York. He offered free bus rides, he increased the fare the day after the election. So this guy is not the real deal. He's a bad guy. He's inexperienced, and he's an anti Semite, and he's got un American values.
Speaker 1: Let's wrap this up when we started this. This is the Nasaul County executive. He will be folks, There's no question he will be the next Covenant of New York. Why he's the much better person, He's a much better candidate. He actually loves his city in the state, unlike again the wicked witch Kathy Hulkl Bruce, give it to me, baby, Give me your message. Holcl's listening, trust me. Give me your message to the governor on this strike right now.
Speaker 3: Sit down, first thing this morning, make a deal. You've been giving money to illegal migrants. You can't make the argument to union leaders that you don't have the money after you did that. Spend the money on New Yorkers and this strike.
Speaker 2: Bruce, you're beautiful. I love you.
Speaker 1: It's great seeing you yesterday. You sound great this morning, and you're our savior. You're going to ride in like your beautiful white hair on that beautiful white horse and save our state here in New York.
Speaker 2: Bruce Blakeman, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You're the best. Said thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Look who's talking there. He is a Nasau County executive and soon to beat, thank god, the governor here in New York. My dear friend Bruce Blakeman will take a break. Three more hours to come the Monday edition of Hidden Friends in the morning.