Speaker 1: Welcome once again to the award winning Minnesota Goodbye. We haven't won anything yet, but I think we will. I think we're gonna be up for something. Totally made that up. Yeah, here we go with a really really interesting email. My name is Autumn. I need some help. I'm going to Windstock on Thursday with my boyfriend and some friends. Windstock is in Winstead, Minnesota. It is a big country festival, camp in the mud type of a thing, and it's huge and I've driven by the festival grounds before and it's just I mean, it's like, wow, okay, cool. My boyfriend and I went to Windstock for the first time together last year. The campsite we stayed at had a wooden board on posts with holes cut in it, small holes to big holes, called the boobo meter. All of the boys sat in their lawn chairs passing around a microphone, offering jello shots to any woman that walked by in exchange for a flash of their bare boobs in the holes of the boobo how demeaning. To my surprise, a lot of women actually flashed everyone. I understand it was hard not to look, but seeing my boyfriend's smiling face while he stared at seventeen different bare boobs made me feel sick to my stomach. I told him how I felt, to which he said he would try his best not to look at the women. I know they're gonna have the board set up again this year, and I don't want my feelings to get in the way of having a good time. I feel like there is no way around this board. Even if we stayed at a different campsite, we'd still walk over there to hang out because his friends love to camp at that spot. My anxiety has been taking over about this dang board for too long. I feel stupid for being so butt hurt about this, and I am desperate to get some advice over this gross feeling. Maybe the boobo meter will accidentally start on fire this year laugh emoji. Or I'm going to make a ball loon meter for the men to use so it's fair for us women. Thank you in advance, my apologies if it's too long, I love you guys, keep on keeping on own. Not too long at all. I'm going to stay out of this one and let you guys talk about what you want to say.
Speaker 2: Well, your feelings are very, very valid. I will be fully honest. I have done the boob of meter before country. Every country festival has that. It's different sizes. You put your boobs through if you want, and yes, they offer you a shot. I was like twenty two years old back in the day single. Yeah, so I've done it. I don't really remember a crowd of people watching though. It was usually just random people walking by. There wasn't an entire audience watching us, so that's a little bit different than your experience. But I do think it's okay to be upset with your boyfriend enjoying it a little too much. However, I would also be looking myself if I was near it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I would be looking at it. But I think the wording from your boyfriend saying I'll try my best not to look that, I like, if you said I don't like you looking at this, he should be like, okay, I won't because then he can, you know, help out your comfort, and if your comfort is none is zero, then he should respect that. So I mean, I say, if you want to put your boobs in the boobometer, like, go ahead and put your boobs in the boobometer for a free shot. It's a free shot. Heck, yeah, my boobs probably wondn't fit in the boobometer. So but I think your boyfriend should respect your your ask of him to not look Okay, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, right, next one, want to tell you guys an awful story from yesterday morning that will haunt my dreams. Getting really kids ready for yesterday. And my four year old boy was like, Mama, what's all over your leg? Oh? I'm sorry, all over my leg? I said, is it chocolate? Nope? Now stay with me, because your mind is going somewhere in the wrong place. So I took a look and there was blood from his knee down to his foot. I'm oh, my god. I looked for a cut, no cut, but there was a smashed full dead tick stuck to the bottom of his foot. It was on the dog, got full and detached. He stepped on it and it launched blood all the way up his leg. I was horrified. We live in the woods, so ticks are unfortunately part of life here. So that was what happened, was blood from a smushtick splattered up his leg. Yeah. Yeah, gross. Ps myself, my six year old, four year old twins and eighth month old baby finally climbed the Herm and the German yesterday. We've lived here in New Olm for ten years. I did the dang thing, trying to have a summer of just do it. Another thing off our list, that's Hannah in New Ulm. Herm and the German is the giant statue that sits on the banks of the Minnesota River right outside of New Olm.
Speaker 3: I climb that. I went to New Olm maybe like three years ago. I climbed that, and I was so terrified because once you're up on the top, it's I don't like, there's not any really thing to hold onto. So I was just hugging the wall and it was windy and I felt like it was going to fall off of it. So, hey, power to you for climbing Herman the German.
Speaker 1: When you say climb it, how I ever noticed it that it's worthy of Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like a gazebo almost, and Herman the German just stands on top of it.
Speaker 1: So like, you climb up it and it's like, how do you climb a hymn?
Speaker 3: No, So you climb the like gazebos, and.
Speaker 1: It's just a really tall ice bo okay.
Speaker 3: And there's a lot of really steep steps, and then Herm and the German is like up behind you. When you're on the top of it and you can see for miles, it's really cool like from the top, but it is absolutely terrifying from way up there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, Herman the German is based on the fact that New Olm was we were largely settled by Germans and Norwegians back in Minnesota, back in like the eighteen fifties or seventies or whatever. And New Olm still prides itself on its German heritage, which I think is really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's super cute, like little German Town. They've got like a big like a cuckoo clock that plays like little German music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so cute. Yeah. I loved it there.
Speaker 3: It was really fun.
Speaker 1: I've mentioned it before. Eigels Kai is my favorite restaurant in Minnesota bar none. It is very authentic German food in a very authentic old ass setting that's probably been in the same building since the nineteen forties in New in New All.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Shells Brewery we went on tour too. Yeah, I loved it there. It was so fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely recommend it very cool little town. Right, Let's see, honestly, that might be it some days on the Minnesota Goodbye. We are very short on emails, but let me see if I got one right here? Did we do this one? What is your most favorite memory childhood or adult? Oh, okay, that's a good one. I'm going to throw this one out and I'm going to say vacations in Jordan, Montana. Every year that was the highlight of our year. We would get in the Volkswagen bus and drive two days to Jordan, Montana and hang out, camp out, ride horses, shoot off fireworks, go on picnics, go to rodeos with my cousins. In Jordan, Montana. It was the highlight of the kid year for me. That's my almost, no question favorite memory childhood memory.
Speaker 3: I mean, similarly, we used to go to Ohio. What we still do go to Ohio every year. I'm going on Thursday and we go to visit my grandma. And obviously when we were kids, like, it's fun because everything is very wide open spaces. My grandma and grandpa had a golf cart. We would drive around and it was it was really fun. Every single summer going to Ohio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even though it's just simply Ohio, just Ohio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would probably say, just like as a kid, my sister and I always play it across the street from with like other girls, and so I feel like just being the kids that were out until the street lights came on all the time and avoiding going in the house because we were scared our parents would make us come in for the night.
Speaker 3: Oh so just like playing in the Call to Sack, Like.
Speaker 2: My mom's house is in a call to Sack, so we would just be outside all the time when it was nice.
Speaker 3: I ask you a.
Speaker 1: Question, does your mom still live in the house you grew up in? Yes, what is your old bedroom now?
Speaker 2: Well, my younger sister lives there now, so she is in my old bedroom, and so it's I mean pretty much. Well, she has her own furniture from when she moved out of her ex's house, so she has her own furniture in there. But she did paint it because I used to have it, like one wall was blue and the rest were like a tan brown or something because I loved blue. So she painted it all white when she moved in, and there was a poster of I believe Zach efron on the back of the door from like a People magazine or something that hung up until I think she moved in. It was still there up until she moved back in.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna say, was there any little remnant of Jenny in that room?
Speaker 3: My entire room at my mom's house is the exact same way it was when I graduated high school?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yes? Like, like how like everything is on everything on the walls is the exact same. My bookshelf is the exact same, The bed is the exact same. I have my whole bedroom. It's like a time machine to twenty ten.
Speaker 1: That's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: So, which is I mean cool? But like also I should go and like clean it out, But I mean, my mom doesn't pester me to come and do it.
Speaker 1: I say, I'm going to tell you why. As a parent, there's a little tiny part of Mom's heart that loves that Bailey's room is still the same. Yeah, I really think so. When I moved out of my mom and dad's house, I had probably forty model airplanes that I built hanging from the ceiling, and they took down a bunch, but they left a few, and as a parent, now I kind of understand that was a little piece of their kid. That was still just the way I left it when I was in eighth or ninth grade. But then, you know, they turned mine into a guest bedroom and my mom had a doll collection, so she put dolls over in there. Alison's room is nothing like it was. There's a crib in there for her girl, in a little girl bed Allison's there's Allison's closet has still got a lot of Alison's stuff in there. Carson's room, he's only twenty four and he still stays in there when he comes home. His room is exactly like it was, minus a few things that he's given away. Yeah. Yeah, what about you, What did your mom and dad turn your bedroom into or what did you do with your kids room? So maybe that's something there. Last one, Kathleen writes in says, I've been listening to you guys forever, even though I never lived in Minnesota. You're absolutely my favorite fun podcast to listen to. Maybe one day I'll make it to Minnesota. Come to the fair. Yes, here's the obligatory. Oh, now that I got that out of the way, Dave, I need your help. I know Alison works at Target, so I'm hoping you can help solve this mystery. The good and gathered roasted Hobbannio salsa has been discontinued, replaced by an impostor called the Hot Honey hobby Nio. The og Salca was an amazing four point seven star reviews. My friends and I were all obsessed. I'd ordered ten at a time, so it was always stalked in my house. Side note discontinued for months. I ran out of my supply because I'm that obsessed. The Hot Honey Salca barely has two point five stars and is objectively not good. So why would Target throw away such a good thing. I need to know if there's any way to get back the best store bought salsa that ever existed. Please help. We need closure. That is from Kathleen, and she actually sends a bunch of Reddit threads and things, and she is very passionate about this. I asked Alison about that and she laughed, Yeah, there's nothing that Alison can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she's in what department.
Speaker 1: They move her around? She's done little girl accessories, laundry baskets. I'm not sure what she's in right now, but she's a buyer for something could be microwaves or I don't know.
Speaker 3: Get her into the salsa category a buyer for salsa.
Speaker 1: I think that's funny. I wish I knew more about that salsa so I could get behind her on this one. And I wonder if there's any way to get back. It was a It was the Good and Gather, so it was their own brand, so it's not available somewhere else. Here's the funny thing about Good and Gathering any generics like that is it's not made by Target. It's made by another salsa company, but it's their generic. So if you go to the store and you buy generic, I don't care. What's something that comes in generic pasta? Pasta that's a good one. So there's the one expensive stuff in the blue box. Right then there's the Good and Gathered brand of pasta. It's made by the same people, but they don't advertise it. They don't have marketing. They just put it in store, so it's cheaper, so it'd be like twenty nine cents cheaper per box. It's the same stuff.
Speaker 3: I always get the store brand version of zething. Yeah, because of why not? It's not any worse than it.
Speaker 1: I tell myself that it's a little bit better. If I buy the stuff in the blue pasta box, I tell myself it's a little bit better than the Good and Gather or the Great Value is the Walmart brand. Yes, So if you go and buy salad dressing at Walmart, there's Newman's Own, or there's what's another brand of salad press Hidden Valley. But if you buy the the Great Value, it's the same shit, same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just the packaging that's different, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Kathleen. I wish there was something we could do, and I mourned the loss of your Good and Gathered roasted habannio salsa. I'm sorry. That is it for the Minnesota goodbye. As you can tell, we need some emails, so send those in to Ryanshow at ktwdbat dot com. Or tomorrow's podcast is going to be very very short, so send those in Ryan Show at ktwdb dot com. Thank you for listening, and we'll see you tomorrow.